WARZONE!
GM: Nightshade
Players: Nightshade, Dalton, Kassandra, Vollo, Tank.
Synopsis: Just another night in the Warzone.
Date: November 2nd 2070

The Warzone is swarmed with gangers of every ilk, entrenched in small groups in the remains of the fallen appartment buildings. The center of their attention is a massive transport vehicle known as 'the centipede' a monstrosity consisiting of two trailors linked together bookended by Ares Citymasters one facing forward, the other being pulled in reverse. The centipede is known for it's brute force ability to plow through any obsticle and it's ability to immediately reverse should it somehow fail. Freshly torn up roadsurface to the north and still sparking wires flung about show the massive number of mines and zap strips the vehicle plowed through before coming to a stop and still the centipede looks to be in decent condition, though it sits motionless.

A killing field surrounds the massive vehicles where fresh blood and shreds of armor and flesh give evidence of the crossfire from the multitude of gangers and from the vehicle itself. Four gangs have established themselves in 'prime' locations taking cover in the buildings on the corners of the intersection where the centipede rolled to a halt. In the building on the SouthWest corner the insignia of Shape 13 can be seen, to the NorthWest the Blackhearts are grouping, Southeast a contingent of orks and trolls some bearing the eye of Sauron while others look to be Horsemen, to the Northeast The Silverthorns. The crossfire from the Northeast to Southeast and back is at least as intense as that surrounding the centipede.

The roads of this intersection run North-South and East-West, Shape-13 seems to be coming in from the west, The blackhearts from the North, Silverthorns from the east, and the goblin gangs from the south. Each group is doing it's best to cover it's reinforcements as they arrive but no approach is 'safe'. Please include in your entry pose what direction you are approaching from taking this into consideration. There is no vehicle traffic on the roads other than the centipede, but there is plenty of vehicle wreckage.

Dalton is a rather paranoid runner, when he travels the warrens, he travels under improved invisibility, levitate, and a F5 City spirit for concealment. He also sticks to rooftops, using the buildings themselves to provide cover. He approaches the center of the disturbance tonight and looks down from a nearby rooftop.

So it's WAR NIGHT here in the aptly named Warzone. Silk has been in meetings all day with various gang factions, moving weapons and ammo, listening to the bitching and bravado being tossed about. The elven woman is fairly neutral to the whole mess; war profits her no matter who is doing it.

As night fell, she found herself curiously following the droves of minor gangs and hangers-on to watch the massive sprawling battle, marvelling at the sheer amount of people shooing at each other. A few bets trade hands, a few extra rounds are sold, and in one case an evacuation was arranged. Now she waits with many others, crouched behind wreckage and considering the point spread.

Nightshade is hunkered down with number of orks and a handful of trolls, she's been peppering the building across the street with single shots from her rifle, just enough to keep the Silverthorns from taking pot shots at the backbone of orktown. A shot catches her in the shoulder spinning her to the side as the layers of armor do their job she curses but keeps her head down moving to another vantage before popping back up to fire off a few more shots.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "((Open channel, no encryption)) Got a question for the owner of the massive vehicle, if he is listening. What the frag are you doing here?""

Dalton hides, floating, near the wall of a broken down building, trying to avoid gunfire and be close enough to see anything.

The mana flow of the area seems to crackle and the awakened can almost taste the twisting of the background as wave after wave of static wash over the area. The background count in the area jumps to peak levels, holding there for several minutes before it drops down to the 'normal' level here in the Warzone, then it spikes back up again. It seems someone is actively staticing a wide area and being contested.

The Comm channels remain silent, with no response from the vehicle.

Vollo is crouched behind a pile of rubble to the northeast close to a group of Silverthorns. He makes his elven heritage known by pulling off and readjusting his balaclava because its not seeming to fit right after the last run. He has pistols within easy reach and is wearing several of his blades. His interest seems to be in examining the vehicle and helping drag back wounded elves when the chance permits.

You paged Dalton with 'Roll me an Electronics or electronics warfare.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Electronics for "Trying to get through the jamming or whatever":
2 4 4 10
You paged Dalton with 'You realize suddenly that an open channel unencrypted signal is a giant bullseye for anyone targeting using gunnery.'.
You paged Dalton with 'Gunnery/sensors.'.

Dalton quickly moves to another loctation of course, since standing still is a bad idea.

A few protein bars, two APDS rounds and a glowstick change hands as Silk takes bets from the various folk watching the battle, her eyes going vague a moment as she stares into the sky. She shakes her head and nods to someone, peeking out, "You sure that is what you want to bet, Dave? Well, alright everyone, the bet is that the Sons will take that building on the left in the next five minutes.

Several Silverthorn gang members glance over at Vollo, one calls out to him in Sperethiel, "If you're with us brother, make yourself and your affiliation known."

You paged Vollo with 'Give me an etiquette vs 6 to say the right thing. Then pose based on success/failure'.
[Public] Tank has joined this channel.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Does he get it right?":
1 1 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Does he get it right? kp1":
2 3 7 = 1 Success

Tank pages: I want a job to doo in the Warrens…
Tank pages: Warzone…
You paged Tank with 'The Blackhearts are holed up in the Northwest corner of a firefight, they can't spare the manpower so have offered you a job on the quick to bring in a shipment of weapons from the FTZ, the supplier was late and now the fight has started but you're still contracted to deliver the guns.'.
Tank pages: Ok where is the Weapons?
You paged Tank with 'You have them in your possession already and you are just inside the Warrens coming down from the north, you've recieved word to approach the firefight from that direction. The delivery is two large suitcases that are very heavy, just about as much as you can manage to carry.'.
Tank pages: Ok so Poof on in and pose?
You paged Tank with 'Poof in, read +vinfo #10096/1 and page me with whether you are consent or non-consent (I recommend non-consent unless you've played with me as a GM before.)'.

Vollo looks at the Silverthorn ganger closest to him and pulls his pistols, "I…uh…" Then he finds his head and says, "Volkreid, at your service. I came to lend a hand if I could. Been a long time since I stood for something. Maybe tonight I stand with those of my blood." He head nods to the huge vehicle, "What's the shake on that thing?"

Dalton summons up a watcher spirit, then orders it to go inside that giant vehicle, find anyone living, and ask them "Whats going on? Besides the obvious of course."

The crowd "OOOOOHS!" as an impressive bout of gunfire hits the Centipede. The ooos turn to ewwws as ricochets turn several approaching Blackhearts into so much bloody goo. Excited chatter surrounds Silk as she watches, doing her best to stay low when she can and encouraging those near her to not get shot.

Eyes peer out of the gloom and rubble at you, narrow and red. The skittering of tiny clawed feet can be heard near where the eyes are, and behind you as well.

The Silverthorn watches Vollo closely, the nods slightly. "The centipeded only does high value moves, we have word a Renraku shipment was seized and being moved through the Warrens to shake heat." The elf nods towards the truck, "That truck, has enough on it to put us in a position of power over the other gangs for the foreseeable future."

The watcher spirit zips towards the truck then there is a bright flash in the astral, like a bumblebee hitting a bugzapper the watcher blinks out of existence. The centipede appears to be warded heavily.

A trio of ghouls, maddend by hunger and the fresh blood and flesh surface from beneath rubble, they barely make it 10 steps before they are shot down in a hail of bullets, the shooters then find themselves targeted as each side tries to take advantage of the revealing muzzleflashes. A hush lasting half a heartbeat falls, then the gunfire resumes.

Hearing the rampage and the carnage that is taking place just abit up the street to the north of Tank, he comes in with a ducked head and a slow pace. In each hand a very large suitcase, one can see Tank struggeling to lift them but he is making his effort with everything he's got. He takes a stand still behind some cover peering over and surveying the battlezone for the Blackhearts and the best way to make it over.

Vollo nods, "Well lets see if I can help you make that happen. Where do you want me?" He eyes the battle ground, mentally overlaying chess pieces and symbols from old wargames for a moment. He calls up his knowledge of small unit tactics, trying to see what the best way of taking the vehicle might be. "Who's calling the shots for this band?"

Silk considers the centipede from her position off over there, part of the crowd of relatively neutral or otherwise uninterested in shooting at the moment. She clicks her tongue, glancing to the sky for friendly blizzards or other freak weather occurances to slow down the vehicle and allow one of the various gangs to take it apart.

Those near the fixer are trading casual insults, cheering, shooting into the air, into the various groups, and otherwise doing what people do when there are more than three of them at any event.

Dalton frowns, this is not a good situation, it seems every gang here wants whats in that vehicle, and if its that important, maybe its better that none of them get it. He starts looking for signs of magical activity among the gangers, looking for targets. Neutralizing the gangers magical assets will change the balance of power.

The Silverthorn nods towards a trim elven man in an piecemeal suit of armored clothing that he somehow manages to pull together into a dignified fashion statement. "For today his name is Oak, today I am Spruce…more formal introductions will follow at an appropriate time."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Stealth (to Nightshade) for "Sneaking up twoards the Blackhearts":
2 2 3 3 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "Spotters trying to prevent Blackheart reinforcements watching for Tank.":
1 1 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
You paged Tank with 'You make it to the building the blackhearts occupy and quickly enter, pose dodging bullets etc. The road you're coming down is freshly torn up by exploded mines and zap strip wires are scattered everywhere.'.

«Plot» Dalton has his shielding on himself, as well as all tattoos activated, and since he cannot mask everything, he himself is a rather large target.

The sun's light is quickly fading to night's darkness, and the twisted metal stumps of the streetlamps cast doubts that there will be much of any light in the near future. The crowd hunkered down with Kassandra waiting to scavage begins to think quickly, with the loss of sun's light more dangerous scavenger's come out. Bets are quickly settled and some choose to abandon their wagers in favor of a quick dart towards the 'safety' their cramped apartments can offer.

Vollo nods, "Well my skills tend to be the up front close range kind, pistols or blades and if you are going to make a play for the vehicle I'll guard you as best I can. That is what I do best, protect those I have pledged myself to. If successful I'll take whatever slice is deemed honorable. Call me Fuzzy, best Night One name I can think of on the fly." He loads his cerberus pistols and then takes another peek at the battle ground. He pops his neck and then kicks off his reflex trigger giving Spruce a wink. "Not my first skirmish. But maybe the elves having an edge down here is a good thing eh?"

Tank quickly dashes out from the torn and twisted metal that litter the streets, he dodges a few mines still left and ducks under and hanging electirc wire. Dashing off to the far wall as a few bullets snap by his head, several sparks from a outside power box shoot out just before he hits the door revealing himself in the light. Almost instant the darkness lights up in several flashes as bullets snap and crash all around Tank. A few manage to hit him but not even phasing his armor as he jumps to a epic leap through the door kicking it shut with his leg. Looking up inside the room with both suitacases, the Blackheart steadying there aim on Tank before noticing there supplies.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Small Unit Theory:
1 2 3

"Seems like a clusterfuck out there…" The night one mumbles.

Oak looks towards Vollo, "We're stalemated at the moment, but the darkness will be to our advantage…at least against the Blackhearts and shape 13, the beasts to the south see nearly as well as we do. If you're skilled with pistol and blade…Fuzzy." His voice goes a bit cold when he says your 'lighthearted' callsign, "Perhaps you should join the guards at the entrances to this building, keep the ghouls at bay while we work to thin the competition from a distance."

You paged Dalton with 'Give me a perception roll pleae'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "Perception":
1 1 2 3 4 16
You paged Dalton with 'And I take it you're astrall percieving?'.
Dalton pages: Yes, its the only way to find a mage
You paged Dalton with 'You're not seeing any mages exposed at this point, there's obvious magic happening, but the source isn't visible from your vantage point. You do however see a fair number of ghouls begining to amass now that the sun is down. A veritable wave of then coming from the north.'.

The crowds disperse quickly, leaving Silk and few other brave souls to seek any salvage or whatever they plan to do. For her part, Silk watches the battle with a sharp eye, picking out the movement of troops and who has the advantage and who is at a disadvantage. The centipede gets watched as well, both as a wild card in this as well as the goal of many dying this evening.

Vollo nods, "Yeah maybe Fuzzy isn't the right tag for tonight, lets use 'Darkelf'. What comm chan you using?" He adjusts his pack and holsters his cerberus, drawing out the Alta's instead. "Ghoulkillers these are." He looks toward the entrance to the building, "I can kill ghouls."

Tank jumps to his feet, dragging tthe suitcases with him. He moves his hair out of his face and then brushes the dust off his shirt and armor. "You guys needed guns, I brought them. Nearly lost my head over it…" Tank is cut off as a fierce women quickly drives the cases out of Tanks death grip and throws them on the floor. Showing obvious leadership she unlockes the coded cases and a security maglock, soon diching out a load of various guns with scopes and other accessories.

There's an electric whine then a blinding flash of light followed by another as the whole area is lit like a dance club and everyone's movements seem to stutter. Someone has popped a flashpack out into the center of the crossroads.

The elven fixer keeps her own council, moving from one piece of cover to another, the falling darkness gifting her with sufficent camouflage to help keep her safe. The brief flash of light calls forth screams and curses from those involved in the fray, giving further distraction as she slides to a stop being an overturned van.

You paged Kassandra with 'The rest of the crowd will be fading out heading for the safety of defensible buildings.'.

«OOC» Nightshade says, "Anyone with flare compensation who is watching the truck give me a perception roll please."

Tank shutters as he quickly looks to the window, the bright light streaking through like a nuke just went off. A few Blackhearts scream slamming into the floor holding there eyes as if they're searing themselfs. Quickly stepping to the side of any light making its way through a few boards and metal that have bullet holes in them, taking cover next to the suitcases. "Flashpack…" He says holding his hand to his eyes, the light inside the room not too bright but bright enough to be irratating when looked at long enough.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "Goggles have flare comp!":
1 2 3 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "Goggles have flare comp! KP:1":
1 2 3 3 5 10
You paged Dalton with 'A group of six from Shape 13 are making a move on the centipede. Running quickly towards it while the flashpack provides cover.'.
Dalton pages: STunball them
You paged Dalton with 'Mana static has BG at 5 at the moment, and you've got a strobe effect adding +2 TN even with the flare comp. Roll them bones if you'd like to make the attempt.'.
«Building System» The Warzone (#9965) has a background count of 3.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering (to Nightshade) for "Trying to reduce penaltiys, and I have a 6 grade":
1 2 2 3 7 11
You paged Dalton with '1 success.'.
You paged Dalton with 'Your TN with mods was 10. 3 + 5 + 2'.
You paged Dalton with 'Pardon 2 successes.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 6 (PF) + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 9 (to Nightshade) for "Alright, lets see how this goes. That was 2 successes, centering is - the grade, so TN was 4. I guess my TN here is 9? F5 S Stunball":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 8 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 6 (PF) + Karma Pool: 1 - 1 vs TN 9 (to Nightshade) for "Alright, lets see how this goes. That was 2 successes, centering is - the grade, so TN was 4. I guess my TN here is 9? F5 S Stunball KP:3":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 6 (PF) + Karma Pool: 1 - 3 vs TN 9 (to Nightshade) for "Alright, lets see how this goes. That was 2 successes, centering is - the grade, so TN was 4. I guess my TN here is 9? F5 S Stunball KP:5":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 = 0 Successes
Dalton pages: Standing with 3 successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 (to Nightshade) for "Resist Drain for S, +1 for D, that means I need 6 successes with TD":
1 2 2 3 4 9 10 14 = 7 Successes
Dalton pages: Ohh yea, BGcount for drain is +2, tn 4, so thats 4 successes, hangon
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower vs TN 4 (to Nightshade) for "Resist Drain for S, +1 for D, that means I need 6 successes with TD KP:6":
1 2 2 3 4 5 9 15 = 4 Successes
Dalton pages: Let me know when to pose my spell
«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 3 vs TN 5 (to Dalton) for "Avg resistance.":
3 7 8 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 3 - 2 (successes) vs TN 5 (to Dalton) for "Avg resistance. 1kp":
3 = 0 Successes
You paged Dalton with 'They average out at serious stun. They'll attempt a retreat, give a pose.'.

Tank moves over to the women in charge, she snaps a clip into the Colt M-23 and releasing the safety. "So I got you the weapons, but kinda wondering if a little more pay can be involved if I help ya out here?" Tank says waving his hair out of his face and quickly turning away from the light.

Funky disco flashing notwithstanding, Silk manages to duck down and get out of the line of fire. The woman seems intent on keeping track of things without interfering, much like one would in the wilds: let the lions and gazelles and warthogs and whatever scrap it out, but don't pick a side. In that way, it is the same, as she has too many interests here to pick just one. Instead, she waits to see what will happen, and when .. or if .. she is needed.

The woman looks over Tank, "Well, you can help us hold this building, and I'll let you stay here. If you help us take the centipede, I'll cut you in for whatever we take. You don't wanna help hold the building, you can see yourself out."

Tank nods and looks twoards the other gangers. saying "Centipede?"

The woman points towards the monster vehicle as the flashpack fades, "That transport, it's called the centipede. It's carrying a load of weapons heisted from Ares, and we want it."

Dalton frowns, damn it all, they are trying to head for the vehicle. He concentrates, trying to get past the background count in the area, and forms the energy for a stunball spell. A black cloak and hood cover his form, and he throws forth his hand, sending out a ball of mana energy to explode in the midsts of the gangers. It sends them reeling, but none of them fall to the ground. At that point they start to withdrawl, knowing that a magical force is in the area.

Dalton pages: CAn I dispell the mana static?
You paged Dalton with 'You can try.'.
Dalton pages: TN?
You paged Dalton with 'You can't tell, it is centered roughly on the vehicle, but that's also the center of the battlefield.'.
You paged Dalton with 'and I believe it's TN 10 (after bg) and 10 successes, one sec need to double check on dispelling.'.
Dalton pages: Alright, whats the BGcount where I am? I should be out of range of the mana static right?
You paged Dalton with 'You're casting into the static (to dispell the spell) so bg count is effective 5, force of spell is 5, and it has 10 successes, so TN 10, 10 successes needed.'.
Dalton pages: I'm forgeting about dispelling, its going to be too hard and I can see that :) Going back to my ghoul cleaning plan.
You paged Dalton with 'dalon Resisting 5 D each time you make the attempt.'.
From afar, Dalton notes spirits and storm strike power.
From afar, Dalton needs to summon an F6 city spirit to guard the vehicle, then I'll summon an F6 Great form wind spirit to strike the area. After I give a warning to the folks to get the hell into cover.

Her breath caught, Silk chances a few looks around, noting bodies falling and not all from gunfire. She hisses at a devil rat that strays too close to her hideyhole, tossing a rock at it.

The rate of gunfire has died down as fewer and fewer gangers brave the streets seeing reinforcement, it seems like the four contingents are hunkering down as the fifth power on this battlefield begins to make itself known through deep throated hoots and growling calls. Shadows moving faster than humanoids should be able dart down the roadways. The Ghouls of the Warrens have come to Warzone. The loudest group of them is coming from the north and northeast, from the direction of south sunrise. Mixed into the inhumane howls is the occassional barked command, like huntsmen calling to hounds.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "See if I can hear them, and tell if they're coming from the north. +hearing Amp":
1 3 4 4 7 8
You paged Tank with 'There's 'all kinds of bad shit' out there, but it seems like the ghouls are what they're most worried about right now.'.
You paged Tank with 'And yes you hear the ghouls from the north.'.

Oak looks over to Vollo and signals with the comm channel, only about half the Silverthorns have radios it seems, or at least functional ones.

Vollo picks a spot near the doorway to the building that gives him a good field of fire. He opens his ruck sack for easy access to extra clips and then levels his silenced pistols at the shadows, listening to the howls of ghouls drawing closer. For just a moment he looks at the other elves around him. "Here we go then, lets not let any pass through the door."

You paged Dalton with 'Ok, BG count where you are is 3.'.
Dalton pages: Ok, let me pose my warning, then I'll get to work.
Long distance to Dalton: Nightshade nods.

Commlink-Darkelf> Vollo says, "At the door and holding it."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "((Open Channel)) Alright, since this is totally out of hand, I'm going to destroy everything in sight. I recommend everyone who can hear me get under cover now. Its going to get nasty outside."

Dalton quickly moves after sending the comm signal, finding another perch to hide himself out, then he begins to focus on doing something else, something a bit more drastic to deal with the wave of ghouls.

Ghouls. Lovely. Silk keeps an ear and eye out for the predators, looking for her next hiding spot. A second nature look checks on the astral before she is tugged back to the Real by the open channel commentary. She looks around quickly and considers just what is going on and what cover there is from .. whatever is going to happen.
You paged Kassandra with 'They've been fairly good at policing their dead and wounded on the outskirts of the battle, there's a number of discarded clips, some not entirely empty and a few melee weapons scattered about but nothing your practiced eye would see as 'worthwhile loot.' There are /lots/ of ghouls incoming. The astrall is a complete mess here but you can still make out their approach.'.

Tank stands up quickly turning twoards the door. "We need to seal that door and try to get the guns before the ghouls get everybody!" he says looking at the women. "They're on there way and quick!" Tank says loading his Shotgun and backing up, looking to see if maybe they can make it to the roof.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 3 (to Nightshade) for "Centering against BGcount for First spirit.":
3 3 4 4 4 5 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Summoning F6 City Spirit.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Summoning F6 City Spirit. KP:7":
2 2 2 2 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Charisma + 6 (PF) vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Drain is M, need 2 successes":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

Dalton quickly summons up a city spirit, giving it orders to guard the vehicle out in the open, keep it safe, then he begins to work on something a little larger.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring + 6 (PF) vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Summoning F6 Wind Spirit, going to make it great.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring + 6 (PF) - 1 vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Summoning F6 Wind Spirit, going to make it great. KP:8":
1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 5 8 8 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 3 (to Nightshade) for "Centering against that, first, sorry":
2 2 3 4 5 7 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering - 4 vs TN 3 (to Nightshade) for "Centering against that, first, sorry KP:9":
4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Making the Spirit a Great Form, KP:9":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Making the Spirit a Great Form, KP:10":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Making the Spirit a Great Form, KP:12":
1 1 2 3 4 5 9 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Drain is M, need 2 With TD, KP:12":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Drain is M, need 2 With TD, KP:13":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Drain is M, need 2 With TD, KP:13 Great form Drain":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Charisma - 1 vs TN 6 (to Nightshade) for "Drain is M, need 2 With TD, KP:14 Great form Drain":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 1 Success
Dalton pages: Done, no drain, lots of KP used.

The four buildings that are being used once stood several stories, but the fall of aurora, the fires and the warzone itself have taken the buildings down so that barely two intact floors remain.

The Blackheart leader looks over Tank, "I admire your enthusiasm but we'd be running nearly blind out there and that thing isn't even dented, if you've got a can opener big enough I'm willing to hear your plan, but if not we're on defense till morning."

Tank looking up quickly dashes towards the stairs. "I say we get to the upper level, if any get in we funnel them here?" Tank looks at the gang looking for a opinion. "I would much rather defence till morning, the ghouls are your biggest worry then the guns…trust me."

The Blackhearts work with Tank to move the rubble around to partiall block up the entrance.

Dalton reaches his hands up to the sky, though he is invisible. Suddenly the wind around him picks up as he calls out to the spirits, soon its a howling wind near him, then, he keeps calling, keeps drawing mana energy to form the spirit, and the wind increases, becoming an insane shrek now, soon its about all he can do to hear with the wind raging around him. The skys suddenly become cloudly, spreading out from a center in a great murky wave, and a distant rumble can be heard.

Ghouls, and whomever is going to lay waste to the entire area. It never rains, it pours. Silk sighs and starts backpeddling from the horde of semi-undeadish creatures, keeping with cover and moving in the opposite direction. She spares a look at the sky and groans, "Not this again." She gathers a mental hand on a few strings, preparing to call for reinforcements if necessary.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Magical Threats (to Nightshade) for "Can I notice and recognize the Wind Spirit outside?":
1 2 3 4 4 4 4
You paged Tank with 'You notice there's a storm brewing.'.

You paged Kassandra with 'You're able to notice Dalton floating up in the air fairly easily when you blink on your astral perception.'.
From afar, Kassandra nods. Damned shaman
You paged Dalton with 'Pose up the storm starting.'.

Tank sighs and moves witht he gang up stairs. "Ok we need to block that door down there with shit and these stairs." Tank looks at the leader "Storm is outside, either thats a good thing means our smell and our noise will be cut from the Ghouls perception, or it means a spirit is being summoned which is another good thing cause it will do good fighting them off out there."

The clouds in the sky spread out, creating a rolling wave of darkness. Lightning flickers back and forth among the clouds as the storm seems to increase in power and strength. The clouds spread out to a point and then stop, the storm ending up with a diameter of just over a kilometer, covering most of the area of the warzone.

Vollo stacks several clips within easy reach and then slips on his helmet, his body propped against a stomach high length of rubble. He takes what he can see out there into his thoughts and then speaks over the comm on the elves channel.

Tasting the wind, her vision looking past the Veil to the atmospheric conditions and how they are being manipulated. No stranger to weather control, Silk mutters a string of profanity followed by a brief snipped of Sperethiel. Immediately she lifts off the ground, zipping straight up towards the other that she saw.

Commlink-Darkelf> Vollo says, "That storm will probably drive them into the buildings, just keep firing as they come. If there is a break, or if the ghouls flee that will probably be your chance for getting at the truck."

As the gang members take cover and prepare for the storm and the ghouls there's a sudden hum from the centipede, one of it's turrent swivels then begins barking out a rapid chatter as bullets begin arcing into the air, every third round is a tracer which sizzles as it flies through the air, to most it seems to be spitting the bullets into empty space, but to Dalton those arcs are decidely being shot in his direction. 6 of the live bullets will pass through the airspace Dalton occupies.

You paged Dalton with 'Dalton TN 4 to dodge, 6 bullets.'.
You paged Dalton with 'Suppressive fire.'.
Dalton pages: I'm just going to soak, whats the damage? I cant dodge that with any certainty

Tank quickly shoots over towards the outside "What is that?" He says as he makes his way to a window peaking out at the turrent shooting into the darkness, he quickly steps back. "OK lets cover this window also, and as for that turrent…Yeah thats just bad ass." He chuckles alittle moving his hair out of his face. He looks at the leader, "We got to have a concentrated fire power for these ghouls. I'm sure you have fought them before right?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 7 vs TN 6 (to Dalton) for "Shooting at Dalton":
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 7 vs TN 6 (to Dalton) for "Shooting at Dalton 1kp":
2 2 4 4 5 5 16 = 1 Success
You paged Dalton with 'Soak 12S'.
Dalton pages: ? What kind of gun is that? Out of curiousity
You paged Dalton with 'HMG with Ex-ex'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Body + 4 (Tatt) + Combat Pool: 9 vs TN 4 (to Nightshade) for "Damn Machine Guns Need 6 Successes cause it aint stun damage.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 9 10 = 7 Successes
Dalton pages: Any walls or anything I can hide behind?
You paged Dalton with 'Sure, there's whole buildings you can hide behind.'.

Dalton takes a round to his shoulder, then one to his gut, thankfully, the mage wears alot of armor, and the bullets only explode on impact and cause him to be shaken a bit. He curses and starts flying fast for the nearest sign of cover, hollering on his comm «<Open Channel«<Damn it, I'm trying to clear the road so you can get the frag out! Don't Shoot me or I'll just turn your vehicle into scrap!»>

Tank pages: I have a Rtg6 comm can I hear him or pick him up?
You paged Tank with 'Yes, he's on open channels.'.
Tank pages: Oh duh haha

Ooooo, gunfire. Silk neatly pirouettes in the air, continuing straight up and past where she sensed Dalton earlier, gaining altitude from the death and destruction below. She'll keep it up, moving away from the battle and into a position she can both see the ground, albeit very small pictures, and get away as well.

Commlink-Tank> Tank says, "I'm not controling that turret, but I'm not sure if you notcied brosky. But theres alot of ghouls on our path. Would help if we stick togethor a fight them off. No need to kill eachother not yet."

Dalton pages: Alright, so, are there lots of ghouls in the street for me to fry?
Dalton pages: Ohh, and since I'm not stupid, the spirit I summoned first is guarding me and the vehicle, unless you just want me to summon a new one to guard me :)

«Plot» Tank says, "Thats open channel by the way."

Vollo gives a salute to the elves around him by tapping the silencers on his twin pistols together and then leveling them at the doorway. He lets the smartlink system link up and mentally kicks on the rangefinders. His breathing is slow and steady, the world moving slow to his perspective now that the reflex trigger has been kicked.

The chattering gunfire stops whether in response to Dalton's message or simply for having lost track of the target is up for debate. The howl of the storm continues to grow as does the howling ghouls, as the thunder rumbles across the sky a more continious rumble begins to fill the air, massive engines coming up to speed. The centipede still sits unmoving as if waiting for a sign, and as the ghouls throng into the cross roads a sign is given, in the form of a line of explosions from the street to the south. Areas carefully avoided by the orks and trolls are run across by the ghouls triggering hastily buried mines, sparks fly as the trigger zap strips. From the north though, over the already tripped mines comes a more controlled horde, held in check by barked orders.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "Are they right outside? +Hearing Amp":
1 2 3 4 8 9
You paged Tank with 'Oh yeah, they're knocking on the door at this point.'.
Tank pages: Dammit

Dalton pages: Two storm strikes of 6S damage against the ghouls and anyone else unlucky enough to be outside. Then I'm heading back to the world tree. I cant really change the outcome of this, so at least I can thin the ghoul population
You paged Dalton with 'Okey dokey.'.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "As far as the ghouls go, thats exactly what I'm working on right now."

Tank lifts his shotgun up twoards the door "They're outside!" He whispers as everybpdy gets down. There leader telling them all to be quite.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Stealth (to Nightshade) for "Trying to keep real quite.":
1 1 1 3 10 20

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Stealth (to Nightshade) for "Trying to hide while raining death to ghouls":
1 2 5 9

Drifting up high, Silk considers the mess on the ground, crossing her arms and shaking her head. She doesn't dip down like some modern day angel to save any one side from the ravaging ghouls. Rather, she'll spin in place for a moment before heading off towards the Rez, clicking to a private channel to make a call, "See what supplies we have on hand," she calls out, straining to be heard over the wind and thunder and gunfire, "we're going to have wounded. Tell them that the ghoul-bitten need to be separated from the others."
«Plot» Kassandra will be pulling back to the Rez to set up a neutral place to do triage.

Nothing happens right away, it seems the storm is holding back until the ghouls are massed as well as possible out in the open, and then suddenly its brilliantly light outside, as hundreds of lightning bolts slam suddenly into the ground, throwing debris and ghouls into the air everywhere. Then the thunder hits, its deafining, the sound of it simply blasting everyone in the area, the force of the pressure knocking out windows and echoing through the streets everywhere. Strangely, the vehicle in the center is unarmed by any of it, not a single lightning bolt touches the vehicle. The air is still for a moment, perhaps three seconds, and then it hits again, another brilliant flash of light as hundreds of lightning bolts rain down again, frying ghouls and anyone else who did not get into cover. Another deafening roar of thunder is heard, and then the storm vanishes as quickly as it appeared, the sky once more clear and the stars showing above.

Even before the body parts land the centipede lurches forward, more mines trigger as the storm beats down on the ground some jar the centipede but it continues it's progress mowing down ghouls and pushing wreckage out of the way. The centipede continues picking up speed as it passes out of the kill zone leaving the gangers without a prize but with a number of wounded and scores of wounded and frenzied ghouls. Several of which have burst into the buildings through the holes opened by the lightning bolts.

Tank ducks as several of the windows shatter form the thunder, he quickly stands "That was a strong mage?" He looks at the other as he whispers that hoping they still have there composure. Suddenly he notes the ghouls have shot inside.

The ghouls waste no time with words, and it's questionable if they could speak even if they chose to, but throw themselves at you. You're quicker though. Tank what's you're move.

Tank spots the ghoul, in almost slow motion flailing its arms wild in the air drool slinging about his mouth. With a huge leap the ghoul jumps twoards Tank, but with a solid reaction Tank lifts his shotgun and yanks the trigger. The blast snaps Tank out of his trance as the shell nails the ghoul upside the head allowing the beast to flip side ways and hit the floor hard twiching and screeming loudly. The whole room now scared like it was there first time seeing such a thing. Tank quickly cocks the pull-back and looks for another shot.

Vollo lets out half a breath and squeezes triggers and the pistols make dry spitting sounds. The bullets from his right hand Alta strike true and the ghoul drops like a puppet with cut strings, the blood from the creature spraying out the back of its head. The Night One's left hand points at the second of the pair and the first bullet strays wide, catching the doorframe. The second bullet burrows into the ghoul's left shoulder and spins it just a little in its mad rush forward but does not stop it.

Both Ghouls leap towards Tank seeking to tear into him but Tank quickly moves out of the way, the ghouls spin about scrambling for purchase. It seems they're having almost as much trouble seeing as Tank.

As the ghoul charges with those terrible claws and teeth the Night One steps to the side and throws his head back to miss the swipe of a deadly claw. He pivots into the creature and drives an elbow hard into the ghoul's chest. Not a killing blow, just enough to momentarily give it pause and take the breath from the drooling beast. He then spins pointing his pistols into the creature's gut.

Tank growls as he takes a step closer placing his foot on the beast chest, just before it reaches up the scrath Tank he splatters its head against the floor leaving a wicked hole in the floor. Blood ripples up his pant leg and acrossed his gun and hand. Just as fast as the first shot took off, Tank raises his shotgun up to the second Ghoul running at him. Tank pulls the trigger, the ghoul taking the shot in the chest as it tiwrls and does a complete one eighty and lands on one knee. Only to quickly jump dashing at Tank once again.

From point blank range Vollo squeezes the triggers of both pistols a single time. The bullets rip through the ghoul and double it over. Vollo steps lithely to the side, leveling his pistols on the front doorway again. The ghoul makes a hissing death cry as it shudders a few times and then goes still.

The night has only just begun but with the initial wave of ghouls broken the stragling remainder have no chance to break through the entrenched defenders. That's not to say there won't be some worrisome weeks ahead for those bitten and scratched by the ghouls, but that's a constant fear living in close proximity with such creatures. With the centipede away the gangs disperse as dawn comes and sends the ghouls back into hiding, parting shots are fired but the push to hold the intersection quiets down as each side scurries to re-arm themselves, to find enough ammunition to not only take the crossroads, but to hold it.

Tank nods and smirks as the fleeing ghoul runs away. He turns twoards the other who were fighting others themselves. "Wellt hat whas fun, sorry we couldn't get those Ares but it was a good try." Tank says to the leader.

The woman nods to tank, "You handled yourself well, and you came through with the delivery. I'll let Susan know about you."

Tank nods "Right…Susan." He smirks not really knowing who she is but he knows he will find out he guesses.

Vollo moves to the doorway and surveys the crossroads, "Oak, Spruce, I think the prize of the night is getting away. You still want control of the center of the board?" He uses a chess phrase that might be lost on them.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls 2 for "Dice of profitability.":
2 3
«OOC» Nightshade says, "Kass you still with us?"
«OOC» Kassandra is watching, yes. about to go to bed :)
«OOC» Nightshade says, "Give me a quick Nego roll, they're spending 5k buying things from you at the res, need to see your profit margin. TN of whatever your nego is for nego medical supplies."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Negotiation vs TN 5 for "Negotiating random supplies":
1 1 2 3 4 4 7 10 16 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Nightshade says, "Roger."

Tank makes his way down the stairs and peeks outside to see whats theres.
Tank pages: Can I loot some bodies?
You paged Tank with 'There's lots and lots of ghoul bits lying about, not much else though…you going digging through ghoul corpses?'.
Tank pages: Sure, maybe find something, maybe even dead gangers guns and such…loose ammo any of that?
You paged Tank with 'Give me an intelligence roll'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tank (#4273) rolls Intelligence (to Nightshade) for "Looking about?":
1 2 3 5 5 7
You paged Tank with 'Yep, you find about 700 nuyen in random stuff before it starts getting to dangerous to be poking about.'.

Oak looks across the field of battle, "We'll let the riff raff clean it up a bit first, and I believe there are some formal introductions that should take place between us." He gestures the others and they begin to fall back, gesturing to Vollo to come along.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License