War Misdemeanors
GM: Vera
Players: Vera, Indrakshi (Departed at meet), Nel, Tahlon, Xiao, Luck, Mamaci.
Synopsis:Vera puts together a team to help out her friend Les with some old friends who are involved in Central American drug wars. She does her best to cobble together a team, despite significant teambuilding challenges, to help bring in a team of elite advisors to capture a facility from one drug gang to a very slightly less nasty
.
Date: 11-20-74

«Plot» Vera says, "Okay! This plot is gonna have some danger, but isn't gonna be too bad. However, the dice will fall as they will! Hope that's okay with everyone?"

«Plot» Nel says, "Is good with it."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Ayep."

Both of you are given a message to head out to Twin Forks, by any means necessary, if you'd like to pick up a lucrative job with a mix of merc and covert work. There's a stylized logo of a cursive P at the end of the electronic message. Unfortunately, border crossings are up to each of you.

Indra opts for the Brumby, since the job specifies PMC esque operations, the Limo isn't needed, there is no indication of needing to show off money and capacity for the high society life. Load things up into the Brumby, double check, and hit the road. Avoid the border checks, they are a mere annoyance, and many do not accept 'Private Military Contractor' as a reason for her equipment. Some thing about licenses.

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Smuggling Routes:
1 3

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Willpower + 12 vs TN 3 for "Popping Body Ink":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 10 13 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + 5 vs TN 4 for "Popping Int Ink":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 = 8 Successes

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "My F6 Intelligence Tattoo and F4 Body Tattoo are both activated, and I didn't take damage from activating them."

«Plot» Vera says, "roger"

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Smuggling Routes for "KP1":
1 5

How does one use a SUV to dodge check points? One just cuts through open country, forgotten roads, and places civilized people wouldn't go, sort of the reason for a SUV. After all, most people -don't- want to dodge past trees and burned out buildings.

«Plot» Vera says, "Give me an intelligence check for perception to look for a good sneakpoint over the guarded wall out of the Warrens, then sneak. That'll be harder. We'll start with that."

«OOC» Indrakshi says, "Same as any where else. Trying to move around Denver is effectively like going between east and west germany in the cold war. Any time you need to enter another jurisidiction, its being checked over, SINs scanned, etc."

Getting out of the warrens without a SIN can be tough, as is any checkpoint, but there are a number of ways through the walls and into the other districts, most notably one she had used recently for another mission. That particular trail was part of a steam tunnel or some such, and works well enough. After that, it was a matter of hitch-hiking, because what young fool won't pick up a cute lady and take her somewhere.

«Plot» Vera says, "This is a logical plan. So roll intelligence to find a steam tunnel or some such, reaction to avoid a nasty high temperature speed blast, and then sneak to avoid the guards."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 4 10 15

You are able to find the steam tunnel again and manage to enter. You hear that there is a sudden high pressure release about to give next to you, but hopefully 37 is sharp and quick on her feet today…

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Reaction:
2 2 2 4 5 5 17

«Plot» Vera says, "Pose dodging a valve propelled at the speed of a bullet"

«Plot» Vera says, "Sorry, forgot to ask. So, if Nel is wearing her urban camo jacket/poncho, she'd have a +4 to be spotted. Is she wearing her camo for sneaking or not?"
«Plot» Vera says, "If so, include it in your pose, please. :)"

Sneaking out goes well enough, save for a somewhat unexpected malfunction in the steam line that nearly takes Nel's head off whe a valve bursts. Thankfully, the noise before hand alerts her and she gets out of the way. She proceeds onward, but getting back that way might not work as maintenance would likely be in progress.

The last border checkpoint out of the city is a fence with occasional guard posts, as well as drone patrols. There may indeed be another point to escape entirely, but you'll have to look for it.

Meanwhile, Magic Ninja also receives the message signed with a red stylized P, that a lucrative job with a mix of covert and mercy work is available, for a meet at the back booth at a coffee shop in Twin Forks. It'll take a border crossing to Pueblo to get there.

«Plot» Vera says, "How are you getting to Twin Forks, Magic Ninja?""

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
2 4 4 4 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5

«Plot» Vera says, "4, oops"

37 spots a reasonable path to take, where there's a little gap in the fence from some earlier incident, but it would require getting past both a drone and a patrolling guard.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
1 5 5 9 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
1 4 5 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Magic Ninja (#10746) rolls UTE-10746-000EI8-0008WI-822 (Crazy Dancing Woman) vs TN 4:
1 1 2 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Magic Ninja says, "R5 sin."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "SIN":
3 3 3 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Magic Ninja (#10746) rolls Disguise for "+4 Poly mask, +2 disguise shop. With disguise!":
1 3 3 3 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "spotting sword under coat?":
1 3 3 4 = 1 Success

Nel does what any person logically does and puts her hands up. She might be tough but not so tough she wants to cause a problem. Especially with an lmg.

The rotodrone sees the figure go hands-up and the sound of it diminishes, as it goes to deal with someone who would be resisting. The border guard also relaxes as the situation defuses, though he's a little wary of the bulge he sees under the young woman's coat - but not outlined quite well enough to know what it is yet. "What's going on here? Don't you know this is the border, young lady?" the guard asks.

Hey, the cute get treated differently. Facts of life.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Etiquette:
1 1 5 10

«Plot» Vera says, "With your etiquette roll, you have a couple choices. You can either get the drop on the guard, or you can take the chance to run, only having to dodge his pistol, or you can let him send you back and then try the border later. He's not particularly hostile, but hey, cash is on the line."

«Plot» Mamaci says, "Shock gloves are conceal 9, and the Morrissey Alta in a conceal holster and under the mortimer longcoat is 12."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "spotting Mamaci's stuff, need 3 successes to 'make' her":
3 3 4 7 = 0 Successes

With the drone going away, Nel feels her odds improving. She is left with a lone man who is apparently underestimating. "Ah… sorry officer…" She blushes a bit. "Uhm… I dont suppose…" She fiddles with her coat a bit, opening it slightly to show some skin and a catsuit she wore, which was basically skin. "Dont suppose I could do a little something for you and you can let me go?"

The man narrows his eyes. "Look, I don't know what kinda life you got, kid, but…" He shakes his head. "Just get the hell out of here," he says, turning around. "Christ, I got a daughter, I couldn't even imagine…" He slowly starts to walk away.

«Plot» Vera says, "Roll Stealth again"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 3 5 7 7 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Etiquette:
1 2 2 11

«Plot» Vera says, "Pose sneaking past him and then managing to snag a passing trucker who smells like cheese and stares at you the whole time to give you a lift up to Twin Forks."

Nel raises a brow, simultaneously insulted and relieved. She doesnt comment, however, instead she sneaks off and makes her way towards the road where she waves down a trucker for a ride. He's unpleasant and smells foul, but he was desperate enough that hed give her a ride without thinking.

(+1 Resourceful for Nel - Crossing borders the hard way!)

The sleepy town of Twin Forks has enough of a population to sustain a few bars and a little nightlife, but the QueeQueg's coffee shop has not too many customers this time of night. A tired barista works the coffee bar, so you all have a chance to get something before going to join the redhead wearing Gargoyles and a stylish poncho that does not quite hide the asymmetry of an arm removed at the shoulder, seated in a back booth near a softly humming white noise generator.

The soft strains of horrible artsy music play in the background. Truly, this is a dark, wicked place.

Indra had made sure the area was civilized before going in, pushing open the doors to the coffee shop, looking at the Barista as she passes through her mirrored sun glasses. "We're going to party like it's Prom Night..we're going to fuck like it's our first time..Woaah." She sings to her self before slipping into the booth, always watching through windows. This would -not- be the first time a job went to hell from the get go. Honestly.

Nel arrives in time to hear Indra singing a rather… interesting lyric. "Mmm… is that what we're here for?" She inquires as she slips into the boot with the familiar runner.

'Mamaci' enters the shop and then closes the door carefully behind her with her dark-gloved hands before moving with sure steps to the indicated seat.

The one armed woman with the coffee in front of her smiles as all of you assemble, reaching up with her one hand to nestle those classic shades against the folded cloth she wears as a headband. How mod. She then takes a sip of her soykaf with the same hand, before she reaches into her purse and sets a beat-up cigarrete case on the table with a smile. "Anyone mind if I smoke?" she asks, that voice all Brit.

"Thank you all for coming," she says, as she begins. "I'm going to be doing another little favor for one of my pals, and in this case, it's to play 'advisors' for a group of militants that are attacking a gang facility that, eventually, helps to supply much of the opposition's novacoke operations," she explains. "The goal will be to go in with the militants and help to secure the operations. From what we are given to understand, the head of the operation that you'll be facing will be one Sergio Alvarez, a rather vile character whose death will be the real marker of whether or not the operation is considered a success," she says, as the white noise generator hums. "If you're feeling a tug at your conscience, just consider that you'll be helping some nasty drug lords replace a /particularly/ nasty drug lord," she explains. "Let's just say that some business partners Les is with needs this to happen, all of a sudden. But that means that the operation will be rather limited. You'll have to go in as BARC troopers, similarly equipped. You'll have to go through complete strip searches on landing in Honduras," she explains, "but each of you will be allowed to keep one personal edged weapon, of course," she says. "Other than that - it'll be standard, armored vests with pants, bare arms with jungle paint and guards, and I presume red headbands," she smirks. "And of course, AKs - a semi-auto variant equivalent to the Equalizer, but without the fancy breakdown, parts, or boosts, carbines for you SMG types, or the old classic for the assault rifle. And not a single fancy mod to be found." She grins. "The job's pretty solid though. I'd say it'd be easily worth eighty, but I told Les I'd get it done for seventy," she explains. "As a favor to him. If you're ready, I've arranged transport to take you there directly," she says.

Nel perks a brow. "Hmmm… one thug for another thug. Seems fine to me, as long as we benefit from it some how." She grins and the furrows her brow. "Strip searches…well… hopefully I get a cute one." She giggles a little.

(Proof for -1 Unbalanced Rep for Nel)

Indra's eyes are hidden by her shades, but she knows -about- that area. "Did your friends mention that there's a full blown war being raged in the area spilling over from the Yucatan with toxin and nature spirits being openly used as foot soldiers?" She asks.

(Proof for +1 Rational for Indra)

«Plot» Vera says, "Gear offered: Nothing other than: One personal edged weapon of your choice, then you can aeither accept or decline: Camo Full Suit, Woodland. Forearm Snap Guards. One of: AK-97 Assault Rifle, SMG/Carbine, Semi-Auto (10M SA with AR ranges, Rifles skill)."

«Plot» Nel says, " :wiill accept all! Rifle version of AK."

Vera nods. "Indeed. But that is not particularly happening near the production facilities like this," she replies. "If this were the active warzones, it's absolutely true, but you'll be inserted with and embedded with infantry militias involved more on the…gang war side of things." She pulls up on the map on her pocsec. "The recent hotspots involving any mass casualty events are here, here, and here," she explains. "You won't be going within a hundred klicks of any of them. It's really some of the only good farmland left - of course, used for drug production," she explains.

Indra has about zero interest in -that- region of the world, for good reason. It's one of the worst places to be engaged, it's not even remotely covered up in the PMC circuit, those contracts pay high because you'll die just as likely from the wilds as you will enemy fire. "I don't do work with out my personal kit. Especially in a Jungle."

Mamaci glances toward Indra and then offers quietly, "Ferguson." That should be well enough to spur the memory about at least two runs they did, where Fergie was driving Indra's vehicle and they ran away from sasquatch man…!!!

Once that has been done, she looks back to their one-armed Johnson and asks, "Greetings, please call me Mamaci for this. Not to get in your biz, but if you ever want to get that arm replaced, the fixer who sent me can do anything." A slight smile, a reassuring one, even. Alice has been handicapped before, and it was not good. Not at all! She listens to everything before mentioning also, "I am not proficient in long arms, but I am good with spirit fighting."

Vera nods. "All right then," she says, with a shrug. "There's no way to get your personal kit out there in the time that we're talking," she says. "If there's no way to reassure you with this information, and my own personal reputation for either of you that the opposition I've identified would be here, that is that. The fact of the matter is that the three of you were chosen because your reputations or my personal knowledge let me know that you would be capable of doing what is required, and that you are available. If I were asking you to go in against what you seem to fear, I wouldn't be offering you the job," she says, directly. "These are, frankly, drug gang guys."

Mamaci replies, "Please, know, I am not declining at all. I am most happy to go, and if they can get me a tomahawk, I will be most happy."

Vera replies. "We're in the NAN. If you've got a personal tomahawk, you can bring it with you. It depends on whether you'd want to keep it afterward," Vera replies thoughtfully. "I wouldn't ordinarily do something like this, but I suppose I could individually try to acquire something like that for you. We are in the right place, after all, right now."

Mamaci ahs, "Thought you said we were getting strip searched and that they were giving us the edged weaponry afterwards. I apologize… I can go get one myself if that takes the stress off you?"

Vera shakes her head. "It just so happens that there's space on board one of their regular shipments. It's a drug flight, and strip searching is their policy, and there's no way for them to explain military kit to the locals without them wanting to keep it. They're militia allied with our drug guys, not connected to them," she explains. "Look, I won't force you into it." She smiles at Mamaci. "The dikote is a problem. It will take a long time to get. You can pick one up if you own one. But you are allowed one personal edged weapon to bring with you. After all, you're virtual officers, and no soldier asks another for his or her sword. Or hawk."

Mamaci passes out her burner phone number to the others, a phone that will die after this run is done. The paper carrying this number is an electronic type, programmed to fade away with time, like a futuristic receipt paper would do. "Yeah, let's skip the dikote, and I will just grab one. That'll be awesome, and the woodland camo, too."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Etiquette vs TN 4 for "Getting a tomahawk Avail 4/48 hours from Les 200 SI 1":
2 3 3 5 11 14 = 3 Successes
(GMnote: Vera would get what she think would be the best deal. It's South America, and she thinks local weapons are local for a reason. So she'd try to source a machete (seems like a close reskin of the tomahawk), ceramic if possible! I'll mention that in the plot rewards, it just seems like a cool little nifty thing.)

Indra shakes her head a bit at Alice. "You know..you can just..take a commercial flight? Sign up for a week rotation for one of the Jap Corps, they pay for the flights out, and kit being moved. Spend a week watching a fence for paracritters, then didi bop off to take down the compound. Then take the free flight home. They run flights nearly constantly from around the world to keep their interests safe. Could try the Azzies too, but you'd be coming in through worse areas. At least the Peruvian approach doesn't lead through a spirit war." She says and goes to return home!

Mamaci laughs, "But that's not as much fun as punching the boys during the strip or getting to wear warpaint and doing it with the deadline thrill!" She grins, though, whether she means she would enjoy all that is well hidden enough.

Vera looks a little nonplussed. "You could take a commercial flight, yes, but I'm not sure you're getting whatever you're so attached to of your kit on board that," she says. "In any case, these tickets are free, but the clock is ticking. She shakes her head, perhaps a little concerned. "Well, I mean, I could kamikaze up and come along," says Vera with a little smirk. "Then I suppose we'd split the pay three ways. I'm not sure I'm personally much of a replacement, though, and I'd have significant trouble using a rifle." She ponders. "And I couldn't even get my Stilettos through a strip search. Perhaps I could get some kind of ancient, appropriate pistol? Like a Ceska?" she thinks, thoughtfully. "That would probably work, actually."

Nel looks between the other ladies. "Well, I think the payout on this one is good enough for me to go without any issues. Let's just put it that way. I'll pick up whatever someone doesn't feel like doing if they don't go and call it good." She smirks.

Vera looks a little deflated as Indrakshi makes her exit. "Well," she says. "I thought for sure we'd get War Crimes in on this one," she says, glancing at Mamaci and Nel. "And I can't go on this one. What am I thinking?" She chuckles. "The doc would probably have my other arm off. Out of spite."

Mamaci asks Vera, "You got an arm? We could slap it on real quick and go!" Grin.

Nel shrugs. "I imagine we'll be able to handle it with the two of us. We're resourceful ladies, I suspect." She looks over at Mamaci and smirks. "I hope."

Mamaci thumbs up to Nel, "I can try to be. I am pretty good at spirit punching."

Vera shakes her head. "Not yet. I'm not ready for the surgery. And I'm not sure how that exactly…uh…works," she says, with a little chuckle. "But I'm pretty sure it doesn't invole just 'slapping it on real quick.' She glances at the two ladies. "There's…probably not going to be any spirits…"

Nel raises a brow. "Well… Okay." She laughs.

Vera grins. "Hmmm. Well, we'll have to get a little creative. We had three spots, and carrying a personal edged weapon, too," she says, rather thoughtfully. "It looks like we need another heavy hitter. And I think I know just the one," she says, clicking on her pocsec a couple times. "Luck! Can you get Sara to take you over to Twin Forks. You'll have a chance to hack people for nuyen, do me a favor, help 37 out, and meet this rather interesting Mamaci. If we can't get what we have to, well, let's just split the job. We can probalby arrange for an RPK and a little jeep there," Vera says, with a nod. "If we get you and also Tahlon and Xiao with this, we'll water down the payout like crazy, but we'll probably be able to overwhelm the opposition."

----> Text Message to Xiao from Posh <-----

Emergency job down in Honduras, but should pay a good chunk, and back before tomorrow's dinner. Your skills would be appreciated; your babies won't be risked aside from bringing Tahlon and Luck over to Twin Forks for the meet. Sound tasty?


----> Text Message to Luck from Posh <-----

Xiao's gonna come by the Stille in his fancy aircar to come bring you to meet me for a quick nasty job - sound good?


----> Text Message to Cujo from Posh <-----

Xiao's gonna come by the Stille in his fancy aircar to come bring you to meet me for some good old merc work - sound good?


«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Smuggling Routes:
1 1 1 5 5 8

«Plot» Vera says, "You make it across the border with Luck and Tahlon as well, thanks to your mastery of smuggling routes."

«Plot» Vera says, "Make sure to pose something clever about that as you do your awesome aircar dropoff at the coffee shop. And try not to be too high-profile."

In the coffee shop in Twin Forks, in the dead of night, there are a few customers, as well as Vera, Nel, and Mamaci, speaking in hushed tones over a softly humming white noise generator.

With both of his passengers sitting in the back seat, one familiar and one not, Xiao has to go jump a border. It wasn't something overly difficult, just an area where there was a certain group of guards who would take a certain amount of credits to look the other way. Officers don't make good money, and a handful of credits was enough to get some to look the other way. It wasn't fancy and it took advantage of human nature, but it worked.
The all black car hovers it's way down the road, looking like nothing but an expensive black cab. It pulls it's way in front of the coffee shop before the passenger side gull wing doors flip open. Xiao undoes the X buckle in his seat and slides across the bench and outside the passenger side. The door closes behind him, as it would for his passengers.

"Hey Luck." The big minotaur rumbles when they get into the black car. Fortunately? This thing is kind of awesome, and designed to have plenty of legroom, even for people as big as he is. The journey is uneventful, to Tahlon at least. When the arrive he emerges and glances around casually, drawing his jacket around himself and waiting for the other two to get out before following them in.

For Luck, she was surprised to not have to get her contact to help her. It's a good thing. Ask too many favors and you lose a friend. Anyway, the ride for her is met with a nap, though she does acknowledge the big guy, Tahlon, before she rests. And when they get out, she's bringing everything she has with her. The gloves, the armor, the polearm. Nothing left behind. Though the polearm, to be noted, is in multiple pieces. Easy to re-attach, though it takes time. Still rather unwieldy to hide, of course. "So… Anybody know what's up with this? I heard 'beat faces' or something like that but didn't get details."

Xiao raises his arm in a big stretch after having been sitting for a fair little while. "I don't know. Just that it was an emergency." The young asian man gives brief cursory glance to the big Oni before moving towards and into the coffee shop, expecting the duo of large metahumans to follow. "So happy I got that seat upgrade…"

"All I know is there is a payday at the end of it." Tahlon rumbles. "Posh apparently setting something up." He shrugs, and then nods to the asian Rigger. "I am too. One of the comfiest rides I've had in years. Beats cramped in the trunk." He mutters, following after Xiao as his dull red eyes glance around.

Mamaci looks up to the new arrivals. "Greetings. Word got out to Magic Ninja, and they got me to come over here to help with the job. Please, call me Mamaci." the partly injun woman tells them.

Vera gives a grin. "Well, I'm not sure how eager you're going to be to come along on this one, Xiao," she says. "But you certainly deserve a share of this one, after all, if you're going to be our rides two and from the meet, keeping everything comfrortable," she says, as she sees the group members filing in. "Well. Who feels like a nice little jaunt down to Honduras? You're going to be advisors to a local militia, who are covertly drug gangers, who are trying to take over a processing facility run by a rival cartel," she says. "It's a favor for one of my friends, and with this level of weight, it might be a cakewalk," she suggests, with a grin. "You woun't be able to take your gear, except for a single personal edged weapon each…and yes, that means your polearm, Luck," she says. "You'll be able to pick up a standard hunting bow and arrows, but you have to be sure not to draw too hard on it, Tahlon," she explains. "As for the rest of you, as I said…AKs, semi-auto, assault, or carbine, if you want 'em," she says. "And yeah, I'll owe you all…yet another one," the one-armed, redheaded elf says with a wink.

Luck looks to Mamaci, and smiles gently. "Oh. Mamaci is a /name/. Posh told me about you. Kinda. I'm Luck." She offers her hand for a shake, and accepted or not she pulls it away afterwards. "See, that's the thing, Tahlon. The whole thing I meant about details is… I don't really care what I'm doing. The important detail is /how much/." She puts on a rather 'insane' voice, much like Heath Ledger playing the Joker. "If you're good at something, never do it for free." Then, to Vera. "Wait what. Honduras? /What/? That's… What? How the hell did you set /this/ up?"

Vera grins to Xiao. "It's not the best, but we should be able to get a jeep with a pintle mount, and a mounted LMG. One of the others will have to drive, though. Will that work?" She grins to Luck. "Another team bailed on a ready to go op, and I'm doing a favor to Les to cobble one together and throw it into the fire."

The big 'Taur crinkles his snout, and chuffs at Vera. "That doesn't sound promising." He mutters under his breath. "Why can't I bring my bow? I've had it for years. Not too sure I'll be as productive on another. Things break like toothpicks." He grumps, glancing and nodding to Luck. "Thats really what matters." He agrees, before looking back to Vera. The details really didn't seem to faze him.
Xiao let out an amused smile at Tahlon's words. The trunk was something no doubt the Minotaur would at one point need to ride in at some point. The tall young man makes his way over to the table where the others were. "A pleasure," he says with a polite bow. "And I can be called Xiao." But then Vera was looking back to Vera, a bit surprised. He is quiet as he ponders this for a few moments. "I am guessing I am not lucky enough for either the jeep or the turret is riggable?" He was frowning. "Will I be able to bring Azrael at least?"

Mamaci first presses the back of her wrist on her glove before reaching to shake with Luck for some reason. She does so firmly and with a kind smile, "Hoi." Then, she lets go and salutes to the rigger, "An honest to goodness rigger?" Yes!

Vera nods. "You probably won't be. But we've got to be deniable, and while there may be a minotaur with the militia we'll be embedded with, they would only have bush-made weapons or things like AKs," she says. "So unfortunately, on this one, we're a little limited. On the upside, however, we've got the other team's intel ready to go on this one, so we can be reasonably sure there won't be too many extra surprises," Vera explains. "Let me see if I can get that jeep an LMG."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Arranging for basic jeep + machine gun in pintle mount. (Brumby + Pintle Mount + Ingram Valiant)":
2 3 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Arranging for basic jeep + machine gun in pintle mount. (Brumby + Pintle Mount + Ingram Valiant) ~huh? Karma! o.o":
1 3 3 3 4 13 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "Valiant costs 3K with SI, Brumby 19k, that's 22k, so 2200 would have been saved. Hooray, an extra 2200, split 6 ways."

Xiao turns to glance at Mamaci before nodding his head. "Primarily a pilot, but yes I am a rigger." He offers a polite smile before looking to Vera and taking a moment to rub at his face. "Alright. Sounds good."

The redheaded elf, who's holding this meet together, also grins at Xiao. "And you'd guess correctly, unfortunately." She laughs softly. "That is, if we can even get ahold of it. Don't worry about the cost, as it's something that can probably be locally sourced," she says. "If I can get us a better price on it, we might even be able to capture that gain for us. I mean, it'll be only a few, but every nuyen counts, right?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Negotiation vs TN 5 for "Negotiating on jeep + LMG":
2 4 4 4 5 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 7 vs TN 6 for "Les negotiating":
1 1 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

Luck yawns a bit. "So we're flying down, then. Who all's coming along? Everyone here?" A look to Vera, a soft smile. "I'd say you too, but you'd really be putting yourself on the line. One arm and all. Thanks for setting this up, though."

Vera grins. "Well, it seems like you all will have a fun chance to play Rambo in the jungle. I wish I were coming," says the elf, most sincerely. "However, I've got to go home or the doctor will be mad," she says, with a pout. "In any case, are there any last questions? Remember, all your armor and basic equipment will be provided on site, but you will each be able to bring a single personal weapon. 37, you have your sword, we've arranged a tomahawk for you, Mama, you've got your horns and a coming bow, Tahlon, and Luck, well, I think I know what you'll be bringing," she says. "Xiao? A Black Scorpion? You'll each be getting a full suit of camouflage armor, forearm guards, and appropriate red headbands, with which to scare the enemy."

Tahlon grunts to Vera. He doesn't seem pleased, but he isn't going to argue the point. He glances to Luck, and nods his head. "I'm in. And you shouldn't be." He agrees to the wisdom of the Oni as he nods to the elf. "Wise to rest." He lifts a brow as she questions what he is bringing. "At least armor is provided." That would be a plus!

Nel grins. "Seems like everyone is up to soeed. Might as well get a move on." She gets up. "My money is waiting for me…"

Mamaci grins. They have a pilot! She seems rather pleased. Her grin grows bigger when the tomahawk is mentioned here, and then even bigger yet the grin becomes when we hear about Rambo headbands. Then, she stands up smoothly. Strip search is going to be interesting.

Xiao shakes his head a little bit. "Wouldn't know how to use it and I'd end up hurting myself or someone else. If you can get me s shotgun, that would be best, though I'm not great with one. I'd be on the LMG. I'm not lucky enough for a smartlink on it, huh?"

Vera grins. "I'm a bit of a bossy one, and you've got to admit the locals know what they're doing, so I'm going to see if a machete is possible, ceramic is available," she says. "But we'll see what you end with. It'll be something you can hack with, at least," she sas.

Xiao glances over to Nel. "No, I'll go. If we have a mounted machine gun I should be able to at least hit something. If I could rig it, it would be a lot better, but I guess I'm not that lucky." He slips his hands into his pockets. He didn't seem terribly happy. He wasn't a warrior, but the money is good.

Mamaci would fist bump Vera, but she needs her hand to do things with and not be all tied up in strange gestures. Refraining from doing this, Mamaci turns and then regards the troll fellow, "Greetings. Sorry, did not mean to not greet." And, she even offers to shake if he wants to, not seeming afraid of the size.

Vera looks a little apologetically. "Hey, you didn't get to keep sixteen grand all to yourself just for a smuggle or two, did you? Maybe you did, but you didn't get to hang out with this kooky lot," she says, bringing minds back to the job. "Let me know when you get back with Alvarez dead and the facility taken," she says, with a grin.

The trip is rather fast, but rather uncomfortable, jammed with boxes and packaging and tooling for lots of children's toys that drugs will be smuggled back in. You are strip searched at the end, edged weapons eyed, as you see a rather ancient beat-up jeep with an old Ingram there, at this lonely, small-town airfield.

Then, after all is said and done, and they get strip searched to reveal the disguised woman is, in fact, not who she seems to be. It was a great disguise until they pulled her face off, almost literally. It peeled off with glue to look like pizza cheese. She grumbled about this, but she was not so lucky as to fool anyone. Then, the ears also came off, "Ok, can I have those please?" cause there is obvious ear implants in her head that have a cybernetic grid, a black and green one, with flickering circuitry. Clothes taken off shows a rather detailed tattoo of a huge butterfly right upon her mid back with the huge wings over her shoulders, and then there is sky above him and also the grass and flowers below that go down over her buttocks. She wears fishnets, which are also tattoos down each leg, and she has normal white girl skin.

After they get suited up into their camo, Mamaci joins the team again and likely still has some glue on her face. She looks a lot better w/o the mask, and the urban camo suits her fine. She still has eyes and hair that are a different color than her normal self, but anyone who is good with facial rec will be able to pick her out later if she is ever 'herself' without a mask.

You'd been given a map ahead of time, and one of the guerillas travels with you, to provide directions. "Let me bring you up to speed," she says, red headband and green tank top marking her out as, indeed, a guerilla chick, sitting up by the pintle mount for now as Xiao drives the jeep. "We're going to be stating an attack on one side of the facility. That's when you will hit from the side, and kill Alvarez and his personal guard," she says. "The simplest is the best, is it not? Cover and defenses will be lots of leaves and wooden huts, I suppose. It's a drug facility, I'm sure all of you have seen one before, eh, Comrades?" she asks.

Tahlon would take whatever bow was provided to him, carefully testing its strength. He gets strapped into the armor, adjusting it carefully around himself. "This'll do." He mutters, listening to the guard on the ride in. "So plan of action. Flank and go from two sides. Whoever isn't comfortable sneaking stays with Xiao and the machine gun. Anyone comfortable in the woods whittles away what they can. Press attack on an alarm. Sound good? Quick, dirty, efficient."

«Plot» Mamaci says, "Would there be any trouble with my face mask or do they not detect the disguise? Or would they care?"

After arriving post-flight and the strip search that was significantly more awkward for the searchers thsn her, Nel assembles at the meeting place, ready to go. "Sounds like woods is for me." She smirks. "Ill take me some trophies."

"Not me," grunts Luck. "I don't drive." She grumbles a bit, fastening her polearm together. It's not that she was searched, or that she had a gun and can't use it… She just dislikes flying. "I'll got with Three-Seven." She shrugs. "Can't be too difficult to find and scare the shit out of people."

Xiao fidgets with his armour for a little bit until it is at least snug and comfortable. "Who is going to be driving the jeep?"

Nel hmmms a bit, thinking. "I suppose that someone not stealthing should do it. Or… whoever is last to actually go do something else." She smirks. "Xiao, you seem like you know how to handle vehicles. Why not give it a try?"

Tahlon glances to see who actually took a gun, instead of a blade or a bow. When Mamaci gets unveiled, he quirks a brow at her curiously. But, this is a job. He keeps it progfessional. "I'm better in the woods then I am with the vehicle. Mamaci, can you keep Xiao company? Are you handy in a firefight?"

Xiao rubs a hand over his face again. "I can't drive the car if I'm going to use the gun," he explains probably a bit too slowly. When Tahlon asks Mamaci about the jeep, the asian man takes a long look at her with raised eyebrows.

Nel turns to spot Mamaci, who is no longer Mamaci. "Yo, when did we pick up the babe?" She faces Mamaci and grins. "You've got…" She waves a finger towards Mamaci's face. "Stuff… there…" She moves over and makes a gesture, obviously offering to help her remove some glue.

Mamaci smirks some about what Nel says and flinches slightly about hands closing in on her personal space around her unveiled face, but she goes still enough to let the other woman pick glue off, if she wants to. She shifts her eyes toward Tahlon, "I can try to shoot the ESS EMM GEEs, maybe. I can punch hard, and can do the cutting thing sorta well, if I got a good blade." She replies.

Tahlon moves a large hand to his forehead, and rubs there. "I'll drive. If you can be quiet and not trip alarms, you'll approach in the woods with 37 and Luck. If you don't do the sneak thing well, stay with Xiao."

Mamaci mentions, "I shall sneak to the best of my ability."

Nel takes a couple moments to help the gal with the glue on her face, peeling it off gently. "Well, I want to fight, as well." She nods at Tahlon. "Sounds good. You might be a bit obvious out there, considering your size." She then looks back to Mamaci. "You can come with me, I suppose. Back up is always appreciated."

Xiao sighs and shakes his head, moving over to the Jeep to get hooked onto the turret. "Shut up, Thirty Seven, Cujo is awakened and is a lot stealthier than you'd think. Don't make assumptions and deride the skills of your team mates." One strapped into the gunner seat he glances around. "Let's get going then."

Nel looks over at Xiao. "Hmm…?" She smirks. "You should consider being nicer to people. You never know when that stuff you say will come back to bite out." Her smirk broadens. "Easy to get lost out in these woods."

The long and winding rode through the jungle path has few hazards other than potholes and mosquitos, but at least Xiao gets to look like a stone badass up by the pintlemount, good old fashioned iron sights sweeping the terrain as the laden jeep pulls up to a small mountain village.

"We thought you might not be coming..and almost had to call off the operation," says a young man, also wearing the red headband. "You'll have to go right away, and try not to be seen as you drive through the jungle. The battle is already underway. You'll have to drive right up to the back, and engage directly."

Xiao calmly unbuckles himself and hops out of the turret. "I'm out, sorry. I won't run with someone who will openly threaten me. I hope to work with the rest of you again in the future." He doesn't get to look like a stone badass on the pintlemount, because he doesn't leave with the team, and instead stands still.

Luck merely watches the conversation. She has no comment, nor opinions. She's just getting her polearm together. Getting prepped for combat. Until Xiao tells Nel to shut up. "She ain't deriding. She's pointing out that a big thing is harder to hide than a small thing. The big guy is a /big guy/. We don't expect 'Tauren Rogues' around here." Then she huffs to herself. "…She wasn't trying to insult." A small pat to Nel. "No threats, hon. We're a team."

Tahlon grunts in annoyance, and the big minotaur hauls himself out of the vehicle to turn and shoot a look at both Nel, and Xiao. "The both of you stow it." He grunts, before levelling a finger at Nel. "You've never had any reason to question my abilities. I would have thought after that op we did, you'd trust my ability to go unseen." He points at Xiao, "If I cared, I'd have piped up. I didn't." And, the finger flits back to Nel. "Don't threaten the team. You do that, we don't run anymore, got it? Be a professional. This is a job. We may die together. This means we work together. All of you. Do you understand?" This is addressed to the whole crew. "Now we have a lot of nuyen waiting, and we've flown a quarter way across the drakken globe. Who is in, who is out?"

The long and winding rode through the jungle path has few hazards other than potholes and mosquitos, but at least Xiao gets to look like a stone badass up by the pintlemount with his hands on the sticks of a rusty old LMG, finally, good old fashioned iron sights sweeping the terrain as the laden jeep pulls up to a small mountain village.

"We thought you might not be coming..and almost had to call off the operation," says a young man, also wearing the red headband. "You'll have to go right away, and try not to be seen as you drive through the jungle. The battle is already underway. You'll have to drive right up to the back, and engage

Xiao crosses his arms over his chest and shakes his head. "I will not work with her on the team, I am sorry. I did not get flown all the way out here to be murdered by a team mate. I'll be here. The cut will be bigger without me."

Mamaci bowed her head a bit after the glue peeling and then moved to the jeep, hopping up inside lithely. She affixes the red headband around her forehead, tying it off to keep her hair out of her face, which will be invaluable during the soon-to-be warfare. It is not long before they reach their destination, but the young lady glances this way and that way, then hops out the jeep and adjusts her woodland camo while glancing toward the others here. She looks to Xiao with sad eyes, since she was so happy they had a RIGGER, which would be the most awesome thing! "Are you sure, sir? Will you please drive for us? And, will you please not hurt anyone here, miss?" That goes toward Nel, now.

Luck looks to Xiao, frowning. "I'll be with her the whole time. Only reason she'd come after you is if you already attack her." A look to Nel. Eyebrow raised. "…Ain't that /right/." Not a question. She nudges the girl. "We're in. And we don't threaten the team with murder. Maybe a pop to the noggin if they deserve it, but not death." Kind of… Commanding. "I'll take responsibility for this one, but next time she does it…"

Nel chuckles as she settles in. "I'm not going to kill anyone except the enemy. But if people pop off at the drop of a dime, then they are likely to get themselves into trouble at some point."

Xiao lets out a tired sigh and takes a moment to rub at his face. "I don't have drones, and the damn jeep isn't riggable. I'm likely the best gunner you have." He looks from Tahlon to Nel and narrows his gaze. "I will not be working with you again in the future. Your unprofessionalism and your threats are noted." He moves to buckle himself back into the gunner seat.

The long and winding rode through the jungle path has few hazards other than potholes and mosquitos, but at least Xiao gets to FINALLY look like a stone badass up by the pintlemount, good old fashioned iron sights sweeping the terrain as the laden jeep pulls up to a small mountain village.

"We thought you might not be coming..and almost had to call off the operation," says a young man, also wearing the red headband. "You'll have to go right away, and try not to be seen as you drive through the jungle. The battle is already underway. You'll have to drive right up to the back, and engage directly."

Mamaci settles in but does not buckle up. She looks up to the gunner seat then to Nel before working on checking the AK for proper operation, always keeping the muzzle down toward the floor. "So, you're new? I remember being that bad. Hopefully, you guys can work it out later. Least nobody got chopped up." What? She leaves this a mystery and then makes sure the mag is full before sliding all the parts together again for the gun she has been given.

"Guess the stealth options out." Tahlon calls back to those in the jeep. "I'll try to hide the jeep as best I can. We get close, if you want to drop out and sneak in, be my guest. I ain't stopping til we are close enough for Xiao to engage. Xiao, once we are behind the compound, you are weapons free. We all clear?" Barring any objections, the Minotaur crammed into the drivers seat like a clown in a clown car would take the group forwards.

Nel crosses her legs and sits back. "I feel about the same way about your attitude, so don't worry." She glares in Xiao's direction, then shrugs. "Ah, well… not everyone gets along." Nel smirks at Mamaci. "No one quite yet. Impending hostilities will likely change that."

"Excuse me," says the guerilla soldier. "Is there some sort of drama that I am unaware of? Perhaps you need to take advantage of my services? I was a team dynamist and psychiatrist before the revolution," he says. "Or, I don't know, maybe you loco crew want to get to the fucking killing or something."

Mamaci looks to the guerilla soldier and then waves a hand, "We'll be fine here. Folks with ethnicities. You know how it is."

"It's taken care of," Luck notes, nodding solemnly. "No worries. We're ready. Li'l tiff, smoothed over for now. Maybe get 'em to punch each other afterwards. Get the tension out." A shrug. "We'll be fine. Point us to where you want the dead people."

Mamaci can think of so many quips she wants to play off what Lost said, but the current weight of the impending danger looms enough to keep her quiet for now.

The guerilla shrugs. "I have an ethnicity too, doesn't make me act like a fookin' lunateec," he replies, with infinite wisdom. "You will have a chance to drop off a stealth team and wait a moment before your loud team charges in. Unless you all want to hop off the jeep and charge for hell and high water, you might scare a couple off instead, if you do that," he explains. "Anyone still standing should surrender once Alvarez is dead. Since he'll be controlling the battle from atop his defense tower, we'll be able to see that, at least."

A rough drawing shows a newly constructed camera tower, used to oversee the facility. It seems that there are defense guns planned, but not set up yet, and instead, there's a couple guardhouses for good-old fashioned infantry, equipped similarly but just a bit better with Colt M-23s. With laser sights. It seems like they'd have the edge on any real gunners. "There's a low ridgeline, where you should be able to unload the jeep and fire from cover, without your own fire being occluded," he explains. "That's where you should head to."

"Alright, you heard the woman." Tahlon grunts, ignoring all the banter completely. Consummate professional. "I'll park in the lee of the ridge. You offload if you want to sneak in. Your cue will be when Xiao opens up." He glances around at every indivdual in turn. "We good to go?"

Mamaci thumbs up.

Xiao racks the cocking arm on the LMG and gives a not. "Affirmative. I'll wait till you all are in a decent position before going loud."

«Plot» Vera says, "We are starting with the jeep under cover at the high end of short range for an LMG. And everyone aboard the jeep. Xiao at the pintle mount, engine off."

«Plot» Vera says, "70 meters away, under cover. 12 enemies are in the open, hanging around stationary."

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Initiative with a result of 20.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2 for " Guards are on drugs, man!":
1 2

«Plot» Vera says, "So ridiculous that those guys who were on Jazz, and so had 6+2d6 init, end up getting a 9."

It's clear that there's about a dozen or so soldiers around the base of the small command tower used to direct the military forces of the cartel being attacked here, rather casually smoking and relaxed and chilling out. Still, a dozen soldiers, all armed with M-23s, is a pretty serious threat. They don't seem to notice as the jeep sidles up quietly, under cover, with Xiao at the handles of the LMG, the truck's engine shutting off as those not ready to dakka dakka the enemy position with LMG fire at medium range are ready to creep and approach.

«Plot» Vera says, "Luck is running. Open test. Just roll Stealth."

«Plot» Vera says, "Adding +2 net to result, for not attacking."

The jeep, stopped for now. Luck nods and hops off, running towards the jungle. She'll try to go around, through the brush, and come up from the side. Maybe catch a few guards off… Uh. Off-guard.

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Stealth:
2 4 8 13

Tahlon slips from the jeep, motioning for Mamaci to take over the wheel as he starts to creep in. There is a pause to mutter to Xiao. "Go loud if we get spotted." He nocks an arrow, and begins his silent approach.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Stealth for "Traceless Step+4tn to scent, Camo armor+4 tn, moving slowly no penalty, +2tn for not attacking.":
1 2 2 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Stealth:
1 2 2 3 3 5 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "collective enemy INT":
4 5 5 9 = 1 Success

One of the guards on the edge of the dozen furrows his brows as he catches sight of a little rustle. He takes a puff on his bent, cheap cigarrete and takes a step forward, frowning over his cartel trooper mustache and under his boonie hat. He unshoulders his Colt as he steps forward a little curiously. Nobody's supposed to attack here…

«Plot» Vera says, "All is quiet for now, but you've raised suspicion. What's every running person's Quickness X 3?"

«OOC» Tahlon says, "15"

«Plot» Vera says, "Turned out people were walking, except for Luck, who'd hustled through like a shapely warthog."

The guard turns back, shrugging, deciding that he'd been seeing things. Then, he heads over the the slightly clear part near where there's the door entrance to the control tower, deciding that now is just the perfect time to take a leak.

As she advances riskily up the middle, but wisely slowly and in camo, Nel finds a series of fallen trees and several bushes to find cover in on the way up, leaving her alone over there, but ready to exploit an easy path to the door of the command tower should she get closer while the guards, busy smoking and farting, direct their attention elsewhere.

Tahlon takes his sweet time. The man knows how to hunt. He was bow hunting since he could walk, and this was just another form of prey. He stalks through the woods at a leisurely pace, choosing his hoof placement carefully as he works to get closer.

You can see that there's a small wall that must have been from colonial times that leads near to where the guards are. Just a little bit further, and Tahlon and Luck would be able to gain access from that wall over to within a single charge of the guard force, while if they and Xiao waited for Nel, they would be all able to assault at once after their concealed approach.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
1 2

«Plot» Vera says, "Wow, zoned out guards. 9 again for them."
«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Initiative with a result of 27.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.

«Plot» Vera says, "You'd have to stealth again if you wanted to make it to the small wall, but once you did, you could get into melee range without being seen."
«Auto-Judge» Luck (#3691) rolls Stealth:
2 4 4 10

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 10:
1 1 5 5 = 0 Successes

With her being Stealthy Oni, Luck rushes from the vegetation towards the short wall. Unseen, possibly unheard. She hurdles over it rapidly and gets into hiding, so that she can strike within a moment. She knows that she'll be able to hit multiple people within the merest fraction of a second. That's not the issue. The issue is doing so without getting any attention.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Stealth:
1 1 2 3

Tahlon goes up on the wall, and slips over it a good distance from where Luck is. He'd gone the other side. He hits the ground heavy, dropping down slightly with a wince as he shoots a look at the guards, bow readied but unpulled as he waits to see if they noticed or not.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 8:
1 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Stealth:
1 2 2 4 4 5 9 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 17 for "vs running":
2 4 4 10 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "Nel is running, she'll get within melee range next round."

It seems safe, to Nel, at least safe enough to move quickly, so she bgins to move forward more swiftly. She'd be in range to slaughter some fools soon.

«OOC» Xiao says, "Keeping my aim solid."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "?":
2 2 3 3 = 0 Successes

Despite having caught some rustling or movement earlier again, the group of enemies turns around, a little confused now, not catching the figure moving behind a tree, the horned one, nor the oni with the polearm behind a nearby low wall, nor the wicked little assassin with the monosword, not least the smuggler with the LMG behind the ridge.

It's about to get bloody.

«Plot» Vera says, "Inits!"

«Plot» Vera says, "Tahlon is at short bow range. Xiao is at the long end of short LMG range. Nel and Luck are both within melee charge range."

«Plot» Vera says, "12 enemies are standing. All are surprised! That means…enemies get no combat pool this round, and no actions."

«Plot» Vera says, "Luck, you're up. What do you do with your action?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Pole Arms/Staves vs TN 3:
2 2 3 5 5 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "rifle clubs vs Luck!":
1 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D":
1 2 5 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "You cut him apart. Pose disemboweling a narco trooper with your polearm."

«Plot» Vera says, "No! Enemy stationary."

«Plot» Vera says, "TN 4."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons vs TN 4:
1 1 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "soaking arrow":
1 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Edged Weapons + 5 (Cp):
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 8 10 11

The large minotaur draws and fires with a casual confidence. The arrow is a whisper of death, only a faint noise coming from the bow as it delivers its payload. An arrow projects through the mans skull, lodging there when it encounters bone and causing a brief jittery spam before death takes over.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "meep":
2 3 7 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 8:
1 1 3 5 = 0 Successes

The distractions afford Nel with the opportunity to get nice and close, full run, and then she pretty well slices some goomba in half without so much as a twinge of difficulty. The joys of a dikoted monosword. She flicks the blade clean of any blood and looks for her next victim.

«OOC» Xiao says, "Alright, first simple is a three round burst."

«Plot» Vera says, "Fully compensated. TN 3. Go."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "yeah right":
1 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "Your machine gun bullets tear into him, flinging him aside like a rag doll. Next action?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 7 for "-1Stationary+6burst-5recoil=4. Recoil is doubled=5 +2 switching targets=7. Dodge+1tn and +3power +1damage=10(D) Base":
1 4 4 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6:
2 3 5 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "Another falls to your bullets. Pause being an incredible tower gunner. :D"

Once things start getting violent, Xiao flicks off the safety and gives a short controlled burst at his target, the heavy rounds smashing into their target and making a mess of the air behind him as his chest blows out the back of him. . He swivels on the mount swiftly and lines up a second shot, letting fly his second three shot payload, completely severing the surprised guard's arm off, spinning as he collapses to the ground in a shower of gore.

«Plot» Vera says, "7 enemies standing! They're not happy! Okay. Inits!"

«Plot» Vera says, "That was a surprise pass? I think that's how surprise works?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.
«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Initiative with a result of 22.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
2 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Initiative with a result of 15.

«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Guards's init to 10.

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Pole Arms/Staves:
2 4 5 5 5 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 for "CP I want to live!":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 7

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 2 vs TN 7 for "goodbye cruel world.":
1 3 3 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "Pose it nice and messy."

«Plot» Vera says, "Tahlon, you're up!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons vs TN 4:
2 2 2 2 2 5 = 1 Success
The charge was sound. Sure, combat was billowing out massively all around, but Luck isn't fazed - she's already charging, and stabbing a soldier through his back. The sheer force breaks the man's ribs, but it's the still-beating heart that pops out from the guy's chest, stuck on the blade, that kills him. He gets to see his own heart before he dies, in a pool of his own blood. Luck takes the time to pull her weapon away from him before targeting another foe.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "I can dodge this!":
4 8 16 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "6 enemies standing"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Edged Weapons + 3 (cp):
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 4 for "I want to live!":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "He bashes you in the face! Soak 7L Stun"

«Plot» Vera says, "That's his counter. You get to soak."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Body vs TN 3:
2 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls 3:
3 4 5

Tahlon was firing and moving, and the target manages to evade the arrow. This brings a grunt of annoyance from the large man, and a light snarl leaves his lips. His hand casually ferries another arrow from quiver to bow as he draws to only a short few steps from melee.

Nel finds herself a bit surprised as some goobah manages to evade her, and then takes a swipe at her face with the butt of his rifle. That definitely doesn't sit well with her. She'll get him later. Maybe. Hopefully.

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 3 for "-1Stationary=3TN. Dodge+1tn and +3power +1damage=10(D) Base":
1 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "I'm just going to go ahead and say SPLAT"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "I want to live!":
3 4 4 5 8 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "soaking 10D":
1 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "-1Stationary+2 New Target=5. Dodge+1tn and +3power +1damage=10(D) Base":
1 2 4 5 5 8 11 17 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Please let me live!":
1 1 2 3 3 4 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "no.":
2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

Xiao keeps the barrel of the machine gun on the move, keeping his shots short, precise and deadly. One guard looses a leg, and hits the ground screaming an agony as his life pools rapidly around him. He wouldn't be screaming long before shock sets in. The next man gets three heavy hits into his chest, dropping him like a fly, blood flowing from his mouth as blood rapidly fills his lungs from multiple punctures.

More of the enemy soldiers die horrible deaths right where they stand, the neat dozen reduced to a scant four as they step back and level their weapons, convinced that they have to fight to the death now, the Jazzed up soldiers wanting to take a few with them. They point their weapons, one each, at their primary tormentors, opening up with brutal full-auto blasts!

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 11 for "Assault rifles vs Talon. 6 rounds (+6), attacker walking, (+1)":

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Assault rifles vs nel. 6 rounds (+6), attacker walking, +1, target stationary, (-1)":
2 3 3 3 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Assault rifles vs luck. 6 rounds (+6), attacker walking, +1, target stationary, (-1)":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 29 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Assault rifles vs xiao. 6 rounds (+6), attacker walking, +1 target stationary, (-1)":
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 14 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 6 for "Not-so-ninja-dodge!!":
1 1 2 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls 6 for "CP Dodge":
2 3 4 4 5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 6 for "Karma spent":
1 1 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "You both successfully dodge. :D"

«Plot» Vera says, "Both of you roll body, TN 9"

«Auto-Judge[]» Xiao (#5152) rolls Body vs TN 9 for "Soooooak!!!":
3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Body + 1 vs TN 4 for "7/7 CP used for SOAK IT!":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 8 13 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "The Jeep is riddled, and starts to smoke, and the machine gun's feed is shot away. Xiao must exit the now useless vehicle."

«Plot» Vera says, "Luck takes an S."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Pole Arms/Staves:
3 3 5 5 10 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "gulp":
2 4 5 7 = 2 Successes

Xiao ducks his head as the vehicle he is in gets absolutely riddled with bullets. He reaches down and begins to unbuckle himself as lead tears through the unarmored jeep and the feed for the machine gun is destroyed. "Zhe shi shen me lan dong xi?!" He growls to himself in annoyance.

«Plot» Nel says, "Ill attack the dude in front of me."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Edged Weapons + 5 (cp):
1 1 1 1 2 2 4 4 5 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "soaking Luck's hit":
1 1 2 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "no way soaking Nel":
1 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "Luck deals an S to the man in front of her. Nel executes the man in front of her."
«Plot» Vera says, "Now 1 is standing, uninjured, and 2 have S wounds."

Nel ain't takin' that gun smashing crap from anyone, and so she swiftly spins, bringing her sword around with a hefty amount of momentum. Needless to say, it was stronger than his rifle, and it sliced through it and him, leaving another corpse puzzle for someone to put together again.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Stealth for "!":
2 4 4 5 7

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 11 for "?":
3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 4 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Stealth for "KP1":
1 2 3 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 9:
1 4 11 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Assault rifle full auto vs Mama!":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Mamaci will machete!

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Edged Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Ceramic Machete. RAWR.":
1 2 4 5 5 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "ulp":
4 4 5 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 2:
4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "Full soak"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 8 13 = 5 Successes

Mamaci had been crafty and snuck out of the truck with the firstaid kit, just in case they need that one out on the field. She slings forward but gets spotted and notices the gun barrel is turning toward her. She decides on an all out charge forward, toward the fellow who shoots wide. She comes running up with the ceramic machete that was given to her, doing a flyby chop that does little except make his armor look worse than it was before. She notices Tahlon and makes sure to bail the melee to make room for the ranged attack.

The big minotaur draws back on the bow, and looses another arrow at the man so tenderly distracted by Mamaci. Thunk. The arrowhead protrudes from just below his sternum, severing the spine and rendering him dead before he hits the ground. "Lucks hit!" He growls out loudly, turning his baleful red eyes onto the last… remaining… threats…

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Intimidation (Physical):
1 2 2 3 4

«Plot» Vera says, "Tahl first. Luck is at 15, since S. Tahl, you're up!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 1 3 3 4 8 9 10 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
1 1 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
2 2 5 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Luck (#3691) rolls Pole Arms/Staves + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "6/7 CP used":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 5 Successes

As the penultimate enemy is impaled on the horns of the massive minotaur, Luck spots that the last one standing, the one who'd shot her with his AK, happens to have the mustache and bloodshot eyes that signals he can be none other than Alvares himself.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 8 for "reach penalty, don't kill me luck!":
1 1 1 2 2 3 5 15 = 1 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 6 for "oof":
1 2 3 4 5 5 7 8 = 2 Successes

Tahlon grunts at one of the men, and levels a glare his way. Slowly, his snout lifts to bare sharp, stubby teeth. Rather then wisely surrender… The soldier seems intent to continue fighting. A hoof scuffs the earth,, then Tahlon swiftly closes the distance, lowering his head and quite literally bowling into the target. Both horns sink into his rib cage, and with a powerful toss of his stocky shoulders and neck muscles he flings the impaled victim to land with a wet thud on the ground in a boneless heap. Oh yes, Tahlon is grinning widely now. This is fun.

As the tactician who'd been controlling the elite squad goes down, you can see, quickly, several of the forces fleeing, as the red headbanded soldiers arrive to take over the position, firing into the air appropriately. The young man from earlier moves to approach, as the sound of the heli can be heard in the distance. "You should get that looked at. Hope you have a medic with you," he says, watching Luck. "You all succeeded admirably. I will make sure that your friends hear of our victory. Viva la revolucion!" he intones.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Biotech + 1 (KP2) vs TN 7 for "TN 8 base, -2 Body 9 Patient Has This, +1 Bad Conditions.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 8 = 1 Success

<Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Biotech + 1 (KP2) - 1 vs TN 7 for "TN 8 base, -2 Body 9 Patient Has This, +1 Bad Conditions. (KP3)":
2 3 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Mamaci (#10746) rolls Medicine + 3 (Kit) vs TN 7 for "Comp Dice.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success

«Plot» Mamaci takes care of her in 8 combat turns, so 21 seconds.

«Plot» Mamaci says, "She is at M now."

«Plot» Mamaci says, "Needs magical healz."

Xiao came up to the encampment at a light jog, looking none the worse for wear, but sans vehicle. There was smoke coming up from it's position. Once he had made his way to the group he sees Mamaci working on Luck. He looks around with a slow gaze as he takes in the massacre. "Good work, everybody. How's Luck doing?"

Mamaci books it toward the young man as the enemy flees. She slides the blade away into her jacket and then pulls the medkit off her back and offers help to the young lady who got hurt earlier, "May I?" she inquires, ready to.

Luck grimaces as she's slumping on over towards Mamaci. Her arm, a bullet in her bicep. "Yeah, yeah. Please. Bullet's still there, gonna hurt bad if it stays." She groans. It hurts. "Man. Got shot. Who'd'a thunkit."
Tahlon paces in a slow circle around the wounded Luck and Mamaci, looking at the bodies on the ground for any potential stirring life. As the rebels swarm past them, he relaxes a bit and finally unstrings the bow, tossing it aside. "Alright." He mutters, "Good job." He moves over to stand over Mamaci, looking down at Luck to see how bad it is.

Even Nel moves over to see how Luck is doing. "You should change your handle to 'sorta lucky'." She quips in an attempt to raise some cheer. Whether it is successful or not remains to be seen. "Think you can patch her up?" She inquires of Mamaci.

Xiao keeps a bit of distance from Luck and Mamaci, his hands in the pockets of his BDU. He watches them for a few moments before he turns his gaze skywards to watch for the incoming airlift.

Mamaci helps Luck get the armor pulled or cut aside, whatever needs to happen, and then starts to apply a local numbing agent, thanks to what these medkits have in the 2070s era. She then grabs some forceps and goes to plucking, not digging, for the bullet before swiftly sliding said projectile out from the gal's arm, while her other hand gripping the woman's bicep underneath. "Well, actually looks pretty good, but you might wanna get someone with magic to do a healing thing." she first started talking to Tahlon there but finished up the sentence speaking mostly to Luck, "Do you want the bullet?" She offers it up in the forcep tongs?

Luck snorts to Nel. "Yeah. I didn't die. Not shot in the head." A grin. "…That's lucky." She blows a kiss towards Nel, then looks to Mamaci and nods. "Thanks. Helps quite a bit to have a medic. I'll look for someone with the mojo to fix me up the rest of the way." She grabs the bullet and smiles, pocketing it. "Yeah. Thanks. We should get going, though. Headed home with well-earned pay."

Mamaci snort laughs softly off to the side, then finishes up wrapping the wound after antiseptic has been applied. Then, she packs up the medkit carefully, giving this back to the fellow who told them they did well. (Without the DNA, of course, that got pocketted (all that gauze will get burned by Mamaci later.)

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License