LOG: Tunnel Runnin'

GM: Posh
Players: BillyBob, Blackheart, Posh.
Synopsis: Posh, Blackheart, and BillyBob cook up a plan to raid a small biotech firm in a highrize in the FTZ while the attention of everything is directed on the Warrens. They do so for the benefit of Posh's friend, Tamron Chao.
Date: 10/14/2016


Posh walks her way on out into the courtyard, a hand on her hip. She heads over to the tree there, eager for a nice drink - she can't resist the lure of a nice bit of booze and a sit on the shade. She's dressed in a sort of stylish vaguely martial dress, figure hugging and with big shiny buttons.

Miyo is out in the courtyard when Posh arrives. Dressed in a cute dress like she normally is while not getting into trouble out in the city, Miyo is busy drawing in the dirt with a long stick. By the looks of things, she has been at it for quite a while, as she has a rather elaborate zen-like drawing part-way finished.

Posh gives a smile as, once she claims her drink, she shifts to come join you. "Hey, Miyo," she says, with a smile. "What are you drawing?" she asks, the hippy elf coming over to have a look. "Hey, that's rather impressive," she says, careful not to disturb the drawing.

"Well, here we are. The construction is finally nearly finished, and we've laid low for a good amount of time. It's thought that this is just the private estate of some weird bodyguard lady, as I have things set up," she says. "Now, enjoy it. But don't get too attached. If we ever have to leave at a moment's notice, none of this is worth dying over."

Blackheart emerges from her suite, her phone plugged into her datajack, "Hey, have you been watching the newsfeed? There's some huge war going on near Orktown tonight," she says, wandering over to the others in the courtyard.

Posh nods at Blackheart. "Indeed," she says. "One of the things that touches on the issue on remembering that we should be ready to shift at a moment's notice if we absolutely have to. Golden Monkey Street is not the hill I plan to die on," she says, with a quick smile.

"Nice to see you, by the way, Blackheart," she says, with a quick grin. "I closed down the Haoshuo, just for now. But it shall rise again!"

Miyo pauses and looks at what she is drawing as if she didn't really know. "I'm not… very artsy, so its not really anything other than shapes." She puts the stick aside and glances towards Blackheart as she arrives and gives a shake of her head in response. "I'd also rather not die."

Blackheart nods her head, "Yeah, Tilt shut down a little while back, too, it turned into a money pit," she laments. "I thought with how popular it was I'd make some dosh on it, but it turns out some chip heads figured out how to get free games out of the machines." She shrugs her shoulders, and looks over to Miyo's drawing with a little smile. "What's with all this dying talk?" she wonders.

Posh nods, sadly. "Do you think we should open up a combo one sometime? Haoshuo/Tilt? A Chinese man singing the standards on one side, arcade machines on the other?" she asks, with a grin. "It's me being overly melodramatic, as you know I do sometimes. Partly what's been on the news lately," she admits.

Miyo looks back down at her random artwork and then musses it up with her foot before turning to face the other two. "Open more stuff? Don't you already have like… four places?"

Posh laughs at Miyo. "Well," she says. "We've still got the Omens HQ over at the Keeps, where the clinic's hidden," she explains. "Then, in addition, we've got Dangerous Curves, where we can do anything needed to a vehicle. A whole bunch of us have rooms here at this estate, too." She grins. "So no. That's only three places. The Haoshuo was my experiment at Jinwei. I brought it to sunset as a cost cutting measure. Temporarily," she insists.

Blackheart shakes her head, "I don't think I'm much for the storefront game," she says. "It seemed like much more hassle than it's worth, but I would like to start getting some milage out of that tunnel you paid a million for. I was thinking some nice practice runs could be worth while. Something low key, like a truck of duty free booze or something, buy for 1 sell for 3, you know?"

"That's three more places than I run and I barely have time to get things done." Miyo muses. "But that's because I take an extra nap every day." She chuckles a little bit at that part. "Can't help it, though."

"Well, there's always the tunnel as an escape possibility," frowns Posh. "Come to think of it, with this war over in Orktown, I bet there's going to be limited security resources in the FTZ," she says, with a grin. "Don't suppose either of you would like to do something a little wicked?" There's a gleam in her eye. "Could always steal some electronics, or jewelry, perhaps…"

Miyo ponders that over for a moment. "Jewelry might be nice. The gold and silver could be used to make some orichalcum if we got enough." She adds a little shrug. "But we'd need quite a bit."

Blackheart nods her head, "Electronics, too. There's a bounty in cyberware in the FTZ with all of those distributers selling stuff to each other." She narrows her chromed eyes, "Do you have any supplier contacts through the clinic looking for some duty free?"

Posh gives a little grin. "I suppose actually…you know, come to think of it, I buy a lot from my suppliers. I could certainly stand to do a job and cut them in for some of their street work, and so they could direct a little bit anything that they might have heard…and want the old, classic five finger discount on," she says, arching an eyebrow. "Let's see if I can call up Tamron Chao, see what she says."

-----> Contact for Posh (#11342) <-----
Contact Name: Tamron Chao
Level: 1
Type: bioware specialist
GM Note: Tamron Chao is also at Universal Omnitech, and she, along with Vic Martin, have links to the more shadowy fixer Les through a series of rather below-the-radar field tests conducted with cyber and bioware. Les got them both hooked onto the extra income that can be arranged through redirection of resources, but also assists them with data collection for willing shadowrunners - as a result, Dr. Chao has enough pull to bring money into her division through less-than legal sources. The local Aztechnology source even gets kickbacks. Fixer stats as per +bbread 22/14
GM Note: Tamron is a Specialized contact for acquiring Cultured bioware, adding +2 dice for the appropriate Etiquette tests.
GM Note: Update: specialized in brainware. Int 5, Negotiation 5.
GM Note: Posh has completed 1 favor for Tamron Chao. Half way now to earning a lvl 2 contact rating.


Posh frowns a little bit, and then she gives a little grin. "Well," she says. "It's pretty damn simple. We ask if there's anything we can particularly get to lighten up Tamron's day. She's no doubt got a lot of under the table costs," she says, turning to smile gratefully at Miyo, giving a grateful smile. "That sounds great, Miyo," she says, warmed a little, before glancing back at Blackheart. "We should get this done fast," she says. "I'm thinking after hours in the FTZ - we'll have to break in fast. And we might have to deal with drone security. Got any way to deal with a Dobie?" she asks, of the classic Doberman drone. "Anyway quiet, I mean."

"Well, there's BB, he could probably jack up a dobie pretty easily," Blackheart says. "Should we give him a call? I know he hates leaving the taco truck, but, I don't know, we could get him one of those wheelchairs with a joystick on the handlebar or something.."

BillyBob swaggers in, the skinny redneck looking sweaty. He is watching drone feeds of the Warrens on a slender video device.

"Well, speak of the devil, and BB appears!" Blackheart chuckles as Billybob wanders in. "Hey, BB, do you think you can take over patrol dobies on the fly?" she wonders. "We're coming up with a plan to get some biotech out of the FTZ while all eyes are on Orktown."

Posh glances at the sweaty BillyBob, who somehow manages to cut an even less impressive figure than usual, and she gives a little grin, always careful to not underestimate him. "BillyBob. We're going to take advantage of some of the recent excitement in the Warrens…to pull a job in the FTZ soon. Classic snatch and grab. We'll go through the tunnel, boost an Americar, break in and steal something for my supplier friend, use the Americar for a getaway, ditch it, and escape out the tunnel. It's a classically simple plan," she suggests.

BillyBob grunts, looking up from his feed. "Yah I gotta stay outta da Warrens fer a bit. I just took a jerb and they had me runnin' guns in the middle of a fraggin' war! Not even no hazard pay. Johnsons gettin' skeevy! Uh… take over a Doberman? Naw, I'm not great at dat MIJI shit."

Posh nods to BillyBob. "All right. How would you deal with one? I'm talking worst case. We roll up on a doberman and we can't use Gyrojets. Too loud," she says. "What do we do?"

Blackheart hmmms and sits down at the picnic table as a bag of chinese takeout materializes upon it. She unwraps the brown paper bag and sets out a few of the tinfoil trays full of sweet n sour this and that with greasy fried spring rolls and fried rice. Breaking apart a pair of cheap chopsticks, she starts stirring at the oversauced food and thinks, "Would a tazer work on one?" she wonders, they've got all that electroshock stuff laying around.

BillyBob scratches his head. "Uh… I dun' know. Heavy weapons is best. Magic?"

Posh grins. "What about the old trick I've seen…I think it was Scurry once," she says. "He made a perfect hole underneath the ground that a truck was going over. When the truck rolled over it, he cast a spell of some sort that like dug out underneath it. Then the earth collapsed, and the truck fell in the earth. Why couldn't you just make like a deep tiger trap for a drone?" she asks. "Under like a normal floor? How well does magic work for that stuff?"

Blackheart bites into a morsel of greasy magic MSG and narrows her eyes. "In the city? Not so well. Out in the sticks that would work like a charm. A dirt road? Piece of cake. Heated cement flooring with rebar and magnetic perimiters? I'd be lucky to move any of that on a good day."

BillyBob looks back to the Warrens drone feed as the shooting begins to die down. "Huh… Uh, puttin' a hole under a Doberman? I guess it can't climb out!"

Posh glances over at BillyBob. "All right, then," she says. "That's the chain of events. I'm going to take my transponder chip off my van. We'll steal an Americar, we'll hit the office of Madison Biotechnology and steal the equipment Tamron's after," she says. "Then we ditch the Americar, and escape through the tunnel. Simple as pie," she says. "Blackheart, you're providing magical security and stuff. BillyBob, you'll help us make a fast getaway if we have to and lose any followers in the FTZ. Miyo, you'll hold the clinic and keep it ready, in case any of us are coming back full of a lot of bullets." She grins. "We all ready to head? If so, let's gear up, and get over to that tunnel."

Considering for a moment, Posh consider the gear she plans to bring: EXEX rounds in one SMG in her arms, rebound rounds in the other. Her run harness with a single Aztechnology Lasher with a Zapper rocket slung over her back, and a Battletac Remote Trigger. Just in case. And of course all of her electronics and battletac info.

"I'll be able to get mapsofts of the area relatively cheaply from my pal Dirk. Let's see what we can do here."

In the FTZ, it seems that the offices of Madison Biotech are on the 3rd floor of a highrise. The highrise has a sort of common access center area, a large lobby, as well as service access out the back. Within the FTZ are wards and spirits, and spell use from outside is likely to be trackable.

"It looks like a pretty tough nut. Any ideas for getting ourselves past the lobby?" asks Posh. "I suppose I can just spoof us all credentials on the local host, if you two are able to distract the front guard. It's not like this gear we're talking about is bleeding edge delta tech, so the security isn't likely to be pro enough tom make it impossible."

«Plot» PoshGM says, "It's on the 3rd floor of a highrise. Lobby with elevators out front. There is service access. Security is very 'ordinary downtown clinic type'"
«OOC» PoshGM says, "Think of a cosmetic clinic in like a downtown Manhattan highrise."
BillyBob has put on a jacket and jeans for this bit of surveillance. "Frag. Gunna be cameras errywhere… We gots any disguises?" He looks around, paranoid in the FTZ, with security heightened and all. "But as soon as they call da cops… dat response time is gun' be brutal."
«OOC» PoshGM says, "This is just Posh's map chip."
"Do you have anything that would jam a drone, BB?" Blackheart wonders. "Otherwise, we're going to be playing hide and seek. I do like the idea of knocking out a driver, and then taking over the truck when they re-up. Do we have a supply schedule for this place?" Blackheart asks, nodding her head to Billybob's opinion. "Inside a highrise, they'll have internal security. We might be able to sleep them on the way up, but it will get ugly fast if we're noticed.
«OOC» BillyBob says, "Oh, I thought we was THERE."

"I'll be able to make disguises, if we want to go that route. I'd have to deck in to get anything like that," she says. "While response time /would/ be rough there," she says. "It's not likely that there'd be any big surprises. You all have been shopping right?" she asks. "We're talking security like that…plus maybe having to make a break for it in the Americar. But that's why we've got the transponder stuff, and that's why we've got BillyBob. Who can break contact like him?" asks Posh.

"If we run into a drone, well, we could shoot it, but if it's something insanely heavy, I've got a Zapper rocket that I've got for an ace in the hole."

«OOC» PoshGM has a collapsible missile launcher with a single Zapper rocket.
«OOC» PoshGM says, "It's called an Aztechnology Lasher."
BillyBob grunts. "I don't have enough 'ta jam a drone, I don't think. Mah remote control deck has encrypt/decrypt but drones in da FTZ might be rough. Plus if we's stealin' a car, it has ta have a rigger modification, or else I'm jjust a decent driver ya know…" He gulps. "How we gonna get OUT of da FTZ tho? That's da question. Especially wit' hot merchandise. You fixin' to park yer van in the FTZ, then we steal a car, an' drive da car back to the van and sneak thru them checkpoints?"

Posh gives a grin at BillyBob. "The tunnel," she says. "We pop through the tunnel. Steal an Americar. Then we use that as our vehicle in the FTZ. We ditch the Americar after the job, and then we exit through the tunnel."

BillyBob grunts again. He spits some tobacco juice into a cup. "How big is dis tunnel? It fit cars? Or just peeples?"

Posh explains, "It has electric trolleys. You can drive a buggy through it. Or a car. But you can't really like…get the car down to the tunnel. You could probably ride a motorbike down there. Could certainly fly your rotodrone through it."

"Okay, about the merch, what is your friend ordering? Can we fit all your junk in the trunk?" Blackheart wonders with a smile. "It should be easy, provided we can get inside the loading docks, I think. Sleep one of the security guards, and then make our way up to the office on their ID card. I think this is doable," she nods her head. "Hopefully nobody's working late tonight."

"We should be able to break down the equipment we're stealing into two large duffels," explains Posh. "And carry it out on foot. It'll be hefty, and pretty bulky, but it won't be terrible," she says.

"I hadn't really thought about the loading docks. Aren't they pretty small on downtown commercial buildings? I guess maybe not, there might be a pretty large staff and service area round back," she says.

"Usually loading docks will fit a big delivery truck. Kenzie's used them for food deliveries a few times. Not much space to park, but there's space for a pretty big moving truck," Blackheart says. "Though, if it's an older building, they might just have a roller door in the alleyway, we'd have to check out the location to be sure."

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) has the Active Skill Electronics with the value '4'.
«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) has the Active Skill Car B/R with the value '4'.

"Well," says Posh. "It does seem like we've got a plan. We'll do a quick recon once we have a car to steal. We should be able to steal a vehicle out of a commercial parking lot, that shouldn't be too bad. Then we'll distract or sleep the security, get access, and make it out," she says. "If we run into real trouble, we've a zapper. All right - let's get headed through the tunnel."

Blackheart goes to get her things, and then returns to join the group on the trip through the greenway. "It's good to finally get using this tunnel for more than a cheap ride for booze," she laughs as they pass through the tunnel via the electric cart.
BillyBob grunts. "Uh, should I bring a drone to watch downstairs or sumfin? Or my remote control deck?"

"If you have one, that wouldn't be a bad idea," Blackheart says. "We wouldn't want any surprises waiting in our boosted ride when we're hauling loot down the stairs."

"I'd make sure to bring a bee drone. It gives you full sensor action and you can use your deck to upload its vid feed, at least, to us. And we can abandon it if we absolutely have to."

Posh had removed the morphing plate from her van and retrieved its transponder chip; got to be safe when travelling in the FTZ after all. "All right. Billy," she says. "While I'm working on breaking the car's lock, you install the license plate on the back," she says. "Blackheart, you're lookout. We've got to make sure we don't trigger alarms."

 Once out of the tunnel and in the downtown FTZ, with plenty of foot patrols and security drones whizzing by, Posh grins, slipping into a nearby parking garage. It's pretty darn easy to find an out of sight Americar to begin working on.

Blackheart takes up a position nearby the grand theft auto, and picks up a little handbill to pretend to read. Glancing up and around, she makes sure the coast is clear, ready to give the heads up should Lonestar wander too close via her whisper mic. «Looks clear, just some pedestrians milling about.»

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 4 for "Breaking in":
1 3 3 4 5 8 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics vs TN 4 for "Breaking in":
1 1 2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Computers vs TN 8 for "Disabling remote shutoff code":
2 3 5 5 8 14 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Computers vs TN 6 for "Disabling termination":

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 5 vs TN 4  for "BillyBob Car B/R":
     2 2 3 3 7    = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 4  for "BillyBob Car B/R KP 1/7":
     1 2 3 5    = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 5 - 2 vs TN 4  for "BillyBob Car B/R KP 3/7":
     4 4 4    = 3 Successes

BillyBob gets the license plate on the back of da Americar. "All right, ladies, we ready to roll!" he says, jacking into the vehicle's data port. "Hey! This one's got the rigger package!"

Posh gives a grin to Blackheart. "All right, looks good. BillyBob's going to wait outside," she says. "Whew. You'll need to distract the front desk guy if we go that way. Otherwise, you'll need to distract any workers. I need to find a jackpoint so I can deck in."

«Ha, are you stealing some undercover Star's ride?» Blackheart snorts over the encrypted frequency. She shuffles a little bit, and checks her watch, trying to look like she's waiting for a ride.

"No, it looks like it's just the rigger adapted one," says Posh.

When doing a quick turn around the block, it seems like the highrise is clearly only a couple decades old. It looks like there's both an expansive lobby, not one but two guys behind the desk, apparently, but there's also extensive loading facilitiies in the 'hidden' back of the building, the service access that serves multiple highrises and has a loading bay and a service lobby. "Which way do you want to go in, Blackheart?" she asks.

"Loading docks, for sure. A car waiting by the curb will be suspicious," she says, keeping an eye on the lobby as they drive by, trying to gauge how good the building security is. "Did you see what the guards are packing?" she wonders.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Intelligence:
     1 3 3 4 4 4

The guards seem more like rent-acops. But if they hit the panic buttons, and if there were serious gunshots in this part of town, the real heavies would be coming. And quick.

BillyBob drives the Americar around and towards the back. It's kind of dark right now, but there's clearly cameras out here. There's brightness behind one doorway that suggests activity or at least being manned.

"They look pretty lightweight," Blackheart observes as they wind around the back and spot the lit up doorway. "Okay, we're in business, one of the doors is active," she grins. "Let's pull in and I can pose as an office worker who forgot their homework and am just in for a quick pickup."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 4 vs TN 6  for "Disugise self F6.":
     1 1 2 2 3 5 5 7 7 9 11    = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 2 vs TN 4  for "Soaking L drain. Need 2 successes!":
     1 3 5 5 5 9 15 21    = 6 Successes

In the back seat, Blackheart's form shifts from that of a shadowrunner, to a woman in smart buisness attire. Dull grey with black. She checks her face in the rear view mirror of the car and smiles as she looks quite different. "Okay, this will get me up to any workers inside."

Meanwhile, Posh is frantically doing her own makeup in the backseat, so that she can pretend to b e, well, an assistant. "All right," she says. "I'll be your PA. I'll be kinda distracted. Keep their attention, and I'll try to jack in and do some decking."

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing.  Game may freeze for a bit…
Blackheart nods her head as she tucks her smartgun into her purse. "I'll try to get them out of camera's sight and then knock them out," she says waiting for the car to pull into the loading dock—no self respecting J would walk down the ramp to the stairs, that's what driver's are for!

With her disguise as your PA all set up, Posh gives a grin. "All right, Blackheart. It's show time. Go on up there and knock.

A greasy looking man in a vest, bald with a mustache of course, answers. He was clearly playing cards in the break room with another ork. "Whaddaya ladies want?" he asks, rather affably - he's surprisingly friendly given his bluff manner

With her disguise as your PA all set up, Posh gives a grin. "All right, Blackheart. It's show time. Go on up there and knock.

A greasy looking man in a vest, bald with a mustache of course, answers. He was clearly playing cards in the break room with another ork. "Whaddaya ladies want?" he asks, rather affably - he's surprisingly friendly given his bluff manner.

As the car pulls up to the stairs up the loading dock, Blackheart steps out and puts on her best unamused face. Pursed lips and clicking heels approach the security guard. Drawing her sunglasses down her nose for a moment, Blackheart duckfaces the friendly guard, doing her best business bitch act, "I need to pick up a contract," she says, before beginning to walk past the guard so she can get an eye on the ork in the break room, he'll be her first target..

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Etiquette:
2 2 4

"Yeah, yeah," says the man. "I don't know what your game is, but I think you'd better buzz off," he says. "I got all kinds of friends with security, and don't even think about trying to get your redheaded friend to flirt with me."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 5 for "Stunbolt F4S Ork":
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 5 vs TN 2 for "soaking S drain Need 6!":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 7 = 9 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 - 4 vs TN 5 for "kp1":
1 2 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "big ork guy":
9

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "greasy guy":
1

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 4 + 1 vs TN 4 for "Soaking vs TN 4, 1 karma dice":
2 7 8 9 10 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat (to PoshGM):
1 1 2 3 5 7 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat (to PoshGM):
1 4 4 5 5 5 5

As Blackheart makes a stunbolt on the ork, Posh is in there, quickly bashing her elbow against the greasy man, knocking him out. The ork grunts in his couch, afraid, raising his hands, looking nervously over at what must be an alarm console. "…uh…whaddaya you two slitches what?" he asks, surprised.

"We want your access keys. In fact, get dressed. You're taking us to the third floor."

Blackheart looks down at the ork with a cold look, "Like my PA said, get your access keys, we're going for a little ride. I'd recommend not trying anything stupid, twenty nuyen an hour really isn't worth it." She gives a discreet flash of her smartgun in her purse just to underline the point.

The ork grunts a bit, looking at his friend drooling on the floor. "Look, make sure my buddy's all right, and fine," he says, dragging his shirt back on. "I'm gonna miss the second half of Combat Biker for this," he complains.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Computers + 5 vs TN 9 for " 3 successes needed +info matrix quick":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 15 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Computers + 5 - 1 vs TN 9 for " 3 successes needed + info matrix quick KP 2/6":
1 1 1 1 1 3 3 4 7 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Computers + 5 - 1 vs TN 9 for " 3 successes needed KP 4/6":
1 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 9 10 = 3 Successes

"Your friend will be quite alright," Blackheart says curtly, "Now let's go. If you cooperate, you won't miss much at all," she says, following the ork to the lift, keeping her eyes on the guard should he try anything fishy. "What's the staff situation on 3?" she asks the guard, guaging his response.

"It's shut down for the night. No staff situation. Each business installs their own sec," replies the ork gruffly, watching Posh as she suddenly slumps in the corner of the elevator, a cable connecting from her shoulder as she drools.

She wakes up a moment later. "All right," she says. "I was able to turn off the cameras, but we've got some hard troubles to deal with. Looks like small perimieter drones with shotguns on board," she says. "Unlikely to be armored, but it'll be noisy. We've got to make this a really fast smash and grab," she says, turning to the ork. She looks up, and then knocks out the ceiling of the elevator. "All right. We'll send the elevator down. We need the seconds, because the fuzz will be here fast. As soon as we get the device and pop the drones, we rappel down the shaft, or you fly, and then we'll run out the elevator to the car.

She turns to the ork. "You're going out first. Get the drones attention. They're probably loaded just with gel."

The ork's eyes widen, and he starts to run. Soon after he does, there's a blast. Heavy fire sends him sprawling, unconscious and bruised.

The elevator's on the way down. "INTRUDER ALERT."

Posh grins at you. "It's go time, Blackheart."

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "Drone":
4

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "Drone":
1

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "Drone":
3

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "Drone":
3

Posh glances over at the researcher, and then at the woman. "Well," she says. "That's certainly satisfying," she says, with a little chuckle to Artemis. "Do you think that the equipment you need is also in this other facility?" she asks. "We should also search this one, to see if she had any maps." She frowns. "I don't suppose there's any chance they loaded what you want onto the submarine, is there?" she asks.

"Shotgun drones!?" Blackheart asks, incredulously, blinking as she watches Posh sending the poor guard down the hallway to get gunned down. "what kind of clinic are we busting into?" she wonders, cursing their luck as she draws out her smartgun and takes cover beside the elevator door.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 2 for "first attack, 1st target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
1 3 5 10 10 15 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 4 for "second attack, 2nd target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink 2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
1 3 4 4 5 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 2 for "first attack, 1st target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
1 3 5 10 10 15 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 4 for "second attack, 2nd target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink 2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
1 3 4 4 5 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Soaking, vehicle armor":
5 17 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Soaking, vehicle armor":
4 4 = 2 Successes

One of the drones suddenly stops, careening over, riddled badly with Blackheart's SMG bullets, while another sparks, badly, brutally damaged. Posh points both of her own elbows in the direction of the attacked ones, firing out a burst of EXEX bullets!

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Submachine Guns + 3 vs TN 4 (to no one):
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 7 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Submachine Guns + 3 vs TN 6 (to no one):
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 10 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Soaking vs Posh":
5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Soaking vs Posh":
8 14 = 2 Successes

The second of the drones also falls over, smoking and inert, and the third one seems rather moderately damaged. But one is un touched - the damaged one focusing on Blackheart and the undamaged one on Posh!

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Vs Blackheart":
1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Vs Posh":
1 3 4 4 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body vs TN 6 (to no one):
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body - 1 vs TN 6 (to no one):
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

Posh lets out a gasp, the gel slug catching her right in the tummy and making her double over. "Ach!" These are more to cripple and incapacitate, after all, and gel is much less damaging on surrounding equipment, anyway. But there isn't much time. At the sounds of the shotgun bursts there's already sirens starting to sound.

The other shotgun blast, however, misses Blackheart entirely.

«Plot» PoshGM says, "Blackheart, you're up!"

«Plot» PoshGM says, "1 is doing bad and 1 is unharmed."

Blackheart grimaces as she sees Posh double over from a shot to the stomach, "Jeeze, don't forget to take some cover!" she says, glad that the wall isn't covered with guts. She brings her weapon up again to try and spray down the two remaining drones before they blast her down the elevator shaft.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 2 for "first attack, 1st target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
2 2 3 4 9 11 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 4 for "second attack, 2nd target, first hand recoil comp 3, smartlink 2 Ingram Smartgun 12S EXEX":
1 2 2 3 5 17 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Drone soak":
3 17 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 2 vs TN 2 for "Drone soak":
3 5 = 2 Successes

Posh limps over towards the equipment she points out - a large amount of centrifuge motors, it seems, for separating out biological material. It's probably a hundred grand or so of equipment, new, maybe forty grand or so, used, but even still, this kind of specific thing is hard to come by. "Here…help me…gah…help me load this up, Blackheart," she says. "Then float us down to the elevator shaft.

Commlink-Posh> Posh sends, « Billy Be ready. »
=

BillyBob spits out a wad of sweet skoaljuice into his half-filled Squirt twenty-ounce bottle. "All right ladies! Rarin' and tootin'!"

Blackheart breathes a sigh of relief as the second two drones go down and she swings out of the elvator shaft back onto solid ground. She reloads her gun with a spare clip from her purse and heads over to help load the equipment. "This stuff looks pretty ordinary, here I was thinking we were going to be grabbing a bag full of arms and legs," she gives a wry grin as the stuff is stuffed into the duffle bags. With a grunt, she hooks her arm into the handles of one bag, and follows Posh to the elevator shaft. "We really need to find someone who knows a good shutdown protocol for those things, this was almost a clean run!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 6 for "Levitate F4, sustaining focus. Extra weight":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 13 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 4 for "soaking M drain, need 4":
4 4 5 5 5 9 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 1 for "Response":
4

«Auto-Judge[]» PoshGM (#12424) rolls 6 for "BillyBob Car, getting out of there and evading":
1 1 3 4 5 13

It's a slow ride down the elevator shaft, but Blackheart's spell gets them down safely. "Okay, let's GTFO!" she says, "Lonestar's probably already around the corner." She hurries down the steps and tosses the bag through the window of the americar before diving in after it.

With the equipment on board literally seconds after the first drone had opened fire, the Americar's headed off to the night while the police are still looking around. The first rotodrone arrives in the vicinity a moment later.

After that, well, it's a comparatively short trip over to the tunnel, once BillyBob's confirmed with his bee drone that there's no trail.

"Well," says Posh, once the trio are on their way back, still a bit winded from the gel shotgun round. "That certainly was an interesting one. I think it would have been way harder to try to make a border crossing after such an alert. What'd you think, Blackheart?" she asks. "Would you want to try a better defended target? Or was that pretty intense?"

"Crossing a border after that would be insane," Blackheart says. "We should charge this guy a premium for getting it past the border, that is after all the most difficult part of most jobs in this city."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License