Three Kings

GM: Posh
Players: Air, Posh, Shoeshine
Synopsis: Air gets contacted by his old friend, General Tubbles, about needing to take down a work camp and listening post in CalFree, to hit the JPC - as a job and as a favor. Air agrees, while at the same time Posh is requested to find some fresh, unknown manpower for Suen Qiang during the troubled times for organized crime - new faces would be off the radar of the Star.
Date: April 15, 2080


24 HOURS AGO….

"You see, Miss Cinderford," says the well-dressed Chinese man in his fifties, known as Suen Zong to those with an awareness of the Red Dragon Association. Mr. Suen, legitimate rental property owner, to those without. "This recent pressure from Lone Star has hampered our operations somewhat. I know it may sound mundane, but we need fresh teamsters. Fifty or so. Better if some can drive. New faces, unknown to the cops. That'll help us to keep a low profile during these troubling times."

Posh nods, solemnly. "Suen Zong, I shall see what I can do."

12 HOURS AGO…

"So what are the fine sons of the Emperor up to?" Brigadier General Tubbles asks his intel officer, as he slots a freshly delivered chip into his tablet. "A new work camp, huh? Mostly orks and trolls, I see. Nonsense criminal records, I'm sure." He checks the sector map. "If they finish this listening post, it'll put quite a cramp on operations in this sector," he says. "We don't have long." He considers. "Let me see if I can call in a favor. We don't have the resources to deploy for a traditional operation there." He switches to the Trix on the tablet, and starts up a call…

NOW.

"That's quite a challenge," says Posh to Air, in the good old back room of the Cool Cat. "We'll have to get there fast, and we can only have a three person team, I think," she says. "This Cruz, you say, is ready with a Thunderbird? I'd like to meet her," she says. "I think for this, we'll have to deploy some serious resources. I've requested that Shoeshine Boy meet us. I suspect you've worked with him before as well?" she asks. "I think he'll certainly be able to assist us with some creative solutions."

Shoeshine arrives with a chunk of gear; his garish outfit; his wide and innocent eyes; and a smile in his heart. "Now, if we know the target, we might leverage the vehicles they already have there, and the drivers amongst the prisoners, in the escape. But we'd need a way to get them un-gridded and uncontrolled from afar."

Air is sat at the conference table, reclined, his own duffle (duffel? dufflay?) bag of kit off in a corner full of his own heavy metal gear. "Quite the target, I agree, but I do fancy a trip back to CalFree. Always enjoyed the weather out there." Shoeshine is nodded to with some professional respect, "Shoeshine Boy, I've heard a lot. This seems like a solid team for the job." He looks to Posh for her opinion on the vehicles, "I know we can break the termination chips from inside, but it'd take time. For me at least."

"Thank you for coming, Shoeshine," says Posh, a brief smile on her face. She's dressed as Miss Johnson, as she usually will for this sort of thing - a dark, tailored pantsuit with crisp white shirt. Today, she has decided to add an ascot in orange for a splash of color. Just kidding. It's black. The requisite sunglasses sit on the conference table next to her.

"Of course I couldn't really share details of the target on the phone, but here it is." She's got a display touchscreen connected to a TACCOMM unit, which she sets in the center of the table, for the two boys to see. "Looks like they've already finished the fence. Chain link, with a guard tower at each corner," she says. "Here is where the construction on the listening post has started," she says, indicating a half-built building. The barracks for the soldiers is here - according to who provided us this information, they've regularly counted a dozen grunts, two sergeants, and a lieutenant-in-command," she says. "There are about fifty prisoners. Vehicles appear to be an LAV, two Roadmasters for personnel and prisoner transports, and a couple heavy transports for supplies," she says. "Not too dissimilar from GMC 4201s, I suppose. The site is about a hundred meters each side. Mission goals are to put an end to construction, and to deliver the workforce to the CAS sector in Denver," she explains. "We'll be headed to site by Thunderbird, and we'll need to move the personnel. They're not going to have visas, and will have probably been marked criminal by the authorities," she says. "Air has told me that Cruz has arranged for a plane to take us from about two hundred klicks from the site location, to a private strip in the PCC outside of Denver," she says. "The personnel will not have visas or valid SINs, so we'll have to get them into the CAS sector ourselves," she says. "The customer is able to make vehicles available to us, for transport, but we'll have to get the guys through the border," she says.

"Well," she says, to Air and Shoeshine. "That's the job. I've got some significant personal resources I can put into this - even up to all the Great Dragons and Claymores we could need, minigrenades, concussion and lethal, even IPE…you name it. We need to come up with a plan, fast, what we'll need to bring…and then we need to execute," she says. "Well, that's the job. But at least it'll be good pay," she says.

Shoeshine says "Now the obvious question - magical support? I don't hear any, not for a group this small. Now, when you speak of those vehicles, what I'm hearing is our entry ticket. I imagine that any number of smugglers would be willing to take those vehicles as our entry fee to get the ex-prisoners into the CAS. That's IF they can be cracked, or some number of them, or if we can be sure that we can steal details from the authorized individuals. Are they keyed, are they biometrically printed, do we know? In terms of resistance, fourteen people, however armed, are not frightening; it's who they can call on the radio. Do we have jamming equipment to keep them from calling out?""

Air nods as the plan is laid out properly and in full by the J. Paying attention to the screen he considers the layout. "Do they have a rigger and are any of those vehicles armed? That would be a sticking point for me, and a priority target. But if not, then stealing them seems feasible. I agree that the grunts on the ground won't pose a large threat to us executing an ambush, particularly if they have to deal with prisoners, that will be a diversion on their manpower from being alert to assault." He glances at Shoeshine then back to Posh, unable to help on the jamming front, "Overwhelming shock and awe with explosives might panic our extractees, a precision strike seems less likely to induce a stampede."

"Well," says Posh. "There's a flight available…are you suggesting that we forget the flight, and drive the whole way, with fifty refugees?" Posh asks, a little surprised. "I'm not against it, just making sure," she says. "I think we'd have a challenge getting them all through Ute territory, though, and then through the PCC." She thinks. "I think we'll have access to a significant source of ECM on Cruz's T-bird," she says. "Am I mistaken?" she asks Air. "Now, this is a new site, they're a ways away from the nearest settlement, so I think we don't have to worry too much about Matrix communication."

Shoeshine grins. "I don't know, the whole thing sounded like a great set-up for a convoy movie to me. We could sell off vehicles as we go at each location. But if that can't happen and the convoy idea is too crazy, then we'll just have to use the vehicles to drive them to their pick-up flights. Sneak in, take out the personnell, jam their transmissions out, and drive them to freedom. That just leaves us some kind of deal to smuggle them into the CAS - maybe one vehicle if we have a big enough cargo hold to drive it in."

Air purses his lips and shrugs, "I'm no rigger, but Cruz has been successfully running the western seaboard for at least eight years that I know of and she's never let me down on getting deliveries into Denver. I can only assume her 'bird is rigged for the job. I'd certainly rather fly, personally." He nods, "I'm on board with sneak in, establish a base of fire and take out the on site Japs. Preferably from elevation if it's possible nearby, or we could split up and keep a long range overwatch while the other two infiltrate closer." He shrugs, "I'm good on either end of that plan."

"Well, like I said, we're not required to take the private flight," says Posh. "The parameters didn't mention the vehicles themselves - maybe they assumed that we'd abandon them there, and that's how they'd cover costs," she says. "Now, if she's got any t-bird taht I've ever heard of," she says, "Then she'd have to make 5 trips to carry all this personnel. if we sold off vehicles along the way, we'd have to buy others to be able to finish the trip, as far as I can tell. Fifty orks and trolls is a pretty sizeable cargo," seh says. "Now, if Cruz is willing to provide ECM in addition to insertion, then, I think we might have a solution on the radio problem."

Posh nods. "I did," she says. "From about two hundred km from site to otuside Denver in the PCC," she says. "Cruz mentioned that it was a Skytruck to be made available. "I'm not sure we're going to fit any vehicles in that," she says. "We'll have a number of trainsports availalbe, though, for pickup - it's just that we're going to have to figure out a way to get them across the borders," she says.

"Well, at least we'll have our insertion vehicle to provide jamming," she says. "We don't know if there's a rigger or not. We've got an idea of the opposition. If we take the plane, we're probably not taking vehicles with us. We've got access to a fair amount of gear we could bring, as wel." She glances between Air and Shoe. "So, I suppose we get dropped off a few kilometers away, Cruz provides ECM support on demand. What should we do when we arrive at site? The LAV represents an unknown threat, and they have Roadmasters, not Citymasters," she clarifies to Shoeshine.

«Plot» Posh says, "Vehicles on site: 1 LAV (Devil Rat), 2 Roadmaster, 2 GMC 4201. People to be extracted: 50. About 15 enemy soldiers including NCOs and officer. T-Bird with ECM available for insertion. Cargo flight about 200km away available for extraction. Need to get the 50 people across PCC to CAS border after flight or convoy trip."

Shoeshine says "I was going to do my standard sneak in, knock people out, open doors and damage retaliatory property. I have AV rounds for a light or a heavy machinegun - if I take them by surprise I should be able to render anything

Air nods to Shoeshine, "So we need something ready if they do have riggers, LAWs should cover us, we can all carry at least a couple, I should imagine, which will give us all a chance to deal with any vehicles that turn out to be tougher than we expect." He gestures to Shoeshine, Or AV rounds, but that's more expensive than a simple rocket.

Shoeshine nods seriously. "I'm thinking we need a more serious AV rocket for the Devil Rat. I might be able to axe it, but that's usually slow. My big goal might be to secure that Devil Rat first and make sure it's taken care of."

"Well," suggest Posh, "if we bring a couple of Great Dragons, that will certainly be sufficient for the LAV," she says, "And we do have that available. Maybe that's the opener? We use our surprise on the Rat, if we are able to get our missiles close enough? That'll remove a major advantage they have from the table - and then we won't have to worry about a rigger so much," she says.

«Plot» Posh says, "Shoeshine is suggesting the opening move for hostilities, after infiltration, is to remove the LAV from the table. That seems to be step one in the plan."

«Plot» Posh says, "Do I ahve your plan right so far? Step 1, infiltrate on foot, step 2, simultaneously pop the Devil Rate and have the T-Bird turn on ECM."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Yes. Pop the Devil Rat could take multiple forms."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "I might just pick the lock on the door."

Posh considers, "Are we going to do this in the daytime or at night?" she asks. "We're talking some serious chaos here. What about the people we're extracting? Should we try to inform them, maybe even arm them somehow, in advance?" She considers. "Therea re battletac remote triggers available, too."

Shoeshine says "At night when fewer of the guards are awake and more of the prisoners are awake, or at least wakeful. No, we can't count on the prisoners having useful skills. We can only count on them wanting rescue, and even that isn't safe to count on."

Air agrees with Shoeshine, "Agreed, the prisoners are just sheep that need herding somewhere. Presumably they will be grateful to be released from Japanese prison camps but are they even going to want to leave CalFree? I mean, sure Californians are racist pricks to goblinoids but they might not be willing extractees. So, I think we have a plan. We can do a quick recon before we settle on anything, in case there are emergent features."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Shoeshine's carry list: Combat axe, LMG, Twin Thunders, Minigrenade launcher, dart pistol, tools, explosives, devices of utility."

«Plot» Posh says, "Posh is going to bring a Smartgun with EXEX, she's got her suppressed arm guns which will be loaded with Rebounds, a single Great Dragon, and a minigrenade launcher with IPE Concussion, and her Ruthi Cloak 12 scanner."

«Plot» Air says, "Will bring: Ares Omega, APDS, IPE Concussives, 1 Great Dragon, Pistol sidearm, Firepower. Ruth cloak with 12 scanners. Battletac noob harness. Minitoolkits. AZ-150 Baton. Savior Medkit."

«Plot» Posh says, "These guys are not frontliners. From the intelligence it looked more like armored fatigues and helmets."

«Plot» Air says, "Will bring: Ares Omega, EXEx, IPE Concussives, 1 Great Dragon, Pistol sidearm, Firepower. Ruth cloak with 12 scanners. Battletac noob harness. Minitoolkits. AZ-150 Baton. Savior Medkit."

The trip out is relatively uneventful on Cruz's Thunderbird, with the team having a chance to prepare gear in the hold, everyone getting a chance to suit up properly. Posh seems rather oddly prepared, wearing her same 'street' armor that she wears all the time in Denver - down to her fashion cloak that she's installed ruth scanners on. She's loaded rebound rounds into the magazines of her arm guns, and EXEX into several spare clips for the Smartgun she's brought." She considers. "I think we set up the Great Dragons in areas with good field of view, with the remote triggers," she says. "How about I'll spot and you shoot?" she suggests to Air. "That way they won't burdenus us when we're actually on the site." She glances to Shoe. "What do you think of that?" she asks, preparing to have concussion grenades the launcher ready in one hand, and the smartgun in the other, testing how that balance feels, aiming the unloaded weapons at a spot on the wall well away from the other two, one, then the other.

«Plot» Posh says, "Posh has 8/6 armor."

Shoeshine concurs. "Sounds good. If we're fortunate, then we won't even have to fire them. Of course, once we get on site all kinds of things could happen."

Shoeshine is dressed in his heavy Warrens street armor; a little more tactical gear and a bigger backback than most times. But he doesn't rattle when he walks and he does have the big babushka-style cap on his head. To those who know him well, there's no sight of his 'special friend' who sometimes comes along on these missions. Maybe there's no time and place for him here.

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Dogface check. »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Spitfire check »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Lucky check. »

Air has tacced up his street armour, nothing fashionable but he's got a light webkit over the secure jacket and a full helmet available to go. Toting that new big rifle that can reach out a little further than an assault rifle, and it looks brand new. Though, he's a gunsmith, probably he keeps his guns in good condition regardless.

The T-bird lands after nightfall, low and slow for the last parts of the trip, about five kilometers from the site. Cruz waves to Air as the team disembarks from the rear hatch - now it's time for approach.

"Just send me a hoot when you want the ECM," says Cruz.

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « If they start shooting at us on the way

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Too late for what? »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « To turn on the ECM. »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « But feel free to do so nonetheless. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Stealth for "+12 ruth":
1 2 2 4 7 10 15

Shoeshine splits off from the rest of the group a little ways so that their technological cooties and harsh thoughts aren't contributing to the mana flow in the area. That's when he turns on his Ghost Belt, making him invisible and silent (and conveniently silencing his weapons too if it comes to it.)

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "I am assuming that in the middle of wilderness and nowhere, there is a background count of 0, unless this place is otherwise tainted?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "+12 Ruth":
2 2 3 4 4 5

<Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "+12 Ruth KP1":
1 2 4 5 5 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls 24 vs TN 4 for "F1 Improved Invisibility":
1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 9 10 = 12 Successes

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "F1 Improved Invisibility, 12 successes at TN 2 to defeat."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls 27 vs TN 4 for "F1 Stealth":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 10 11 11 16 17 22 = 15 Successes

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "F1 Stealth, 15 successes at TN 2 to defeat. Unattended mechanical devices cannot pierce."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Stealth:
3 3 4 4 10 10

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "And stand on 10."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 for "Sensors":
1 1 2 4 5

Air leaves his eye-lights off for now, not required for a steady 5 klick tab across vaguely rough ground, his low-light vision will do him just fine. He doesn't have as much caution for spreading out as Shoeshine clearly does, and will walk within sight distance of Posh as they maneuver towards the prison site under the cover of ruthenium.

«Plot» Posh says, "Lowest SIG in team is 11"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 for "Collective perception vs Stealth":
3 5 5 5 7 7 11 11 16

«Plot» Posh says, "Perception tests"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 4 4 5 7 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "Various mods":
1 1 2 3 4 5 5 8 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 5 for "Audio only dice":
1 1 2 8 10

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Intelligence for "thermo, lowlight, vision mag, ultrasound (He'll warn if he sees ultrasound), enhanced hearing, high and low freq":
2 3 3 4 4 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Intelligence for "kp 1 to not suck":
2 3 3 5 5 11 17

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "stand."

Shoeshine alerts the other two on his commlink, giving them coordinates. "Forwards two-fifty, one o'clock." His 'voice' is altered, fully digitized because he can't even subvocalize in his hushed state. Meanwhile, he dials his vision mag and thermo in on the group. Three of them, three of us. Oh, let one of them be a dwarf.

Air is similarly purely transducing for his comms and he increases his alertness in general at Shoeshine's warning, scanning a little more intently the area ahead.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Japanese? »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Why don't you try saying 'Ohayo' to them? »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Ohayo genki desu? Ocha ni kite kudasai? »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Wa…ka…ri…ma…sen? »

Shoeshine has to figure that if they're japs, one is not going to be a dwarf. But still. Over the comm he says, "Take them out or not?"

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « How would you suggest we take them out? Time for concussion grenades yet? »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « I suggest we get closer so that we can all confirm visual, then take them quietly if possible. »

«Plot» Posh says, "Stealth Rolls"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Stealth for "+12 ruth":
1 1 2 3 4 5 7

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Silenced distance fire. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Stealth for "+invis and stealth":
3 5 5 5 9 10

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "+12 ruth":
1 1 3 4 4 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 for "Collective Perception":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 8

Getting closer, it seems that at least on patrol, there might be a bit more concern than originally thought. The three figures, all human-sized, look relatively similar to each other - wearing, as they do, camouflaged light military-spec armor, with helmets. The real deal. Hardened stuff. They all apear to be equipped with high-end bullpup rifles, they seem alert and responsive. On patrol, at least, these folks seem like the real deal.

«Plot» Air says, "What is the cover/concealment situation on the ground between us and them? Is it reasonable to believe a concealed approach could be made?"

«Plot» Posh says, "https://fineartamerica.com/featured/california-hillside-view-ii-kathleen-grace.html"

«Plot» Posh says, "Those with thermographic vision can see that they've got thermo flashlights mounted on their rifles."

«Plot» Air says, "What's our distance apart currently?"

«Plot» Posh says, "About 250 meters."

The three patrollers seem to be conducting reasonably competent sweeps with their rifles, thermo beams regularly moving. However, they seem to be sticking to the path - it seems that they'd cleared an area, probably just using the Devil Rat, to serve as a consistent patrol route.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Can take them loud from here, or quiet from closer. »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Can take them loud from here, or quiet from closer. »
Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Quiet from closer. I estimate that I can take two silently from 200 meters with my first burst. But I can't do the third. »
Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Ok, moving in. »

«Plot» Air will attempt to sneak closer, using concealment of whatever shrubs I can and attempting to circle from behind rather than in front.

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Set your range. »

Shoeshine will move to a similar range as Air desires; his next breakpoint is 75 meters.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Looking for thirty meters if possible. »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Signal when in position. I'll go first and rake from the left; you clean up from the right. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 for "Collective intelligence, lower TN due to approach":
1 2 3 3 3 4 10 14 17

GM Note: Nearly hit Posh's stealth

Air creeps through the scrub brush, avoiding the underfoot tangles and crackles that might occur should he step on any, eyes locked on the patrol of men. As he approaches within approximately fourty meters, he slings his rifle and draws a pistol slowly, eye-lights flick on to illuminate his target, the rightmost man.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « I'll take right most, Spitfire middle, Shoe left. Work your fire right, suppressed only. »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « With what? »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « I have left and middle. Spitfire only if things go runny. »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « If you're not suppressed you're backup if they don't drop. »

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Get ready to rush them into melee then, I'll be joining you if they don't drop. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 4 8 8 9 15 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 vs TN 4:
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 8 8 9 9 = 9 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 9 16 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Initiative with a result of 15.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Initiative with a result of 27.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 26.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 3 for " +8":
1 2 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 3 for " +8":
2 4 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 3 for " +9":
2 5 5

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "This shot will be from the Ingram, full auto 7 shots, fully compensated with gas vent 4, grip, and Strength 12. Ammo is APDS. 3 rounds to the first, 3 to the second, and 1 to the third. TN is 2, then 4, then 6. Damage is 10D apds, 10D apds, 7S APDS."

«Plot» Posh says, "No vision mods for Minimal Light with low light and eyelights."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 vs TN 6 for "KP 6/18 vs 10D APDS":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 2 vs TN 6 for "KP 6/18 vs 10D APDS reroll 1 7/18 spent":
2 2 3 4 5 5 8 10 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 3 vs TN 6 for "KP 6/18 vs 10D APDS reroll 2 9/18 spent":
1 3 4 5 7 8 10 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 9 vs TN 6 for "KP 6/18 vs 10D APDS reroll 3 12/18 spent":
3 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 9 vs TN 6 for "KP 6/18 vs 10D APDS reroll 4 16/18 spent":
2 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "10 vs 11, he takes a Deadly wound, and goes down."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "second":
1 1 1 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons + Combat Pool: 6 - 4 vs TN 4 for "second kp2":
2 2 3 4 4 5 5 15 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Stand on 9 successes. I don't think you'll be as lucky with this one."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 + 3 vs TN 6 for "6/16 KP spent, dermal sheath 2 and plastic bone lacing,":
2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 + 3 - 2 vs TN 6 for "6/16 KP spent, dermal sheath 2 and plastic bone lacing, reroll 1 7/16 spent":
2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 + 3 - 3 vs TN 6 for "6/16 KP spent, dermal sheath 2 and plastic bone lacing, reroll 2 9/16 spent":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 + 3 - 4 vs TN 6 for "6/16 KP spent, dermal sheath 2 and plastic bone lacing, reroll 3 12/16 spent":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 9 + 3 - 5 vs TN 6 for "6/16 KP spent, dermal sheath 2 and plastic bone lacing, reroll 3 16/16 spent":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons vs TN 6 for "Third, 7S apds, just an annoyance":
1 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

Shoeshine is hyper-aware, bringing his eyelights in only at the last moment when his grip, his smartlink, his cursor, and the thrum of the well-tuned Ingram all come together. He has the speed of lightning, getting the drop on them, but no roar of thunder - the sound is completely hushed by his ghost belt. The full-auto burst rakes across them in solid torso hits, backed by his APDS, but the third is just too far away to continue the action. Reset, recover, and?

«Auto-Judge» Shoeshine (#844) uses 7 of item 2: APDS LMG Rounds from Ammo (#12781)

«Plot» 17:44:41 Air says, "Pistol Long Range SL+rangefinder, eye-light+low-light, Air is walking countered by Shock Trooper TN 3"

«Auto-Judge[]» 17:45:09 Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 3 for "Shot 1, silenced 10M -2 Armour (firepower)":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 11 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» 17:45:17 Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 6 vs TN 3 for "Shot 1, silenced 10M -2 Armour (firepower) KP2":
1 4 5 5 13 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» 17:45:26 Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 3 for "Shot 2, silenced 10M -2 Armour (firepower)":
1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 11 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» 17:45:32 Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 8 vs TN 3 for "Shot 2, silenced 10M -2 Armour (firepower) KP3":
1 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» 17:45:44 Air stands on 10M -2 armor, 10 and 10 successes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 vs TN 5 for "KP 6/24 spent":
1 1 1 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 5 vs TN 5 for "KP 6/24 spent KP 7/24 spent":
1 1 2 2 5 9 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 7 vs TN 5 for " KP 9/24 spent":
1 1 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 8 vs TN 5 for " KP 12/24 spent":
1 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 8 vs TN 5 for " KP 16/24 spent":
3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "Takes M"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 vs TN 5 for "3 added dice, KP 19/24 spent":
1 1 2 2 2 4 4 5 8 10 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 vs TN 5 for "3 added dice, KP 19/24 spent":
1 1 2 2 2 4 4 5 8 10 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 4 vs TN 5 for "KP 20/24 spent":
1 2 3 4 4 5 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 4 - 2 vs TN 5 for "KP 22/24 spent":
1 5 5 11 13 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 3 - 4 - 2 vs TN 5 for "KP 22/24 spent":
1 5 5 11 13 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "Takes M"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Quickdraw":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 7 10 11 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Edged Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Thermographic, Blind-Fighting removes 2 points vision penalties, spending 3 KP extra dice":
1 1 1 2 3 4 8 9 11 11 22 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Edged Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 + Karma Pool: 2 - 6 vs TN 4 for "Thermographic, Blind-Fighting removes 2 points vision penalties, spending 3 KP extra dice, reroll 1":
1 3 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Edged Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 + Karma Pool: 2 - 7 vs TN 4 for "Thermographic, Blind-Fighting removes 2 points vision penalties, spending 3 KP extra dice, reroll 2 (6 spent)":
2 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "Off hand comp":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 8 8 9 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + Combat Pool: 6 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Off hand comp KP (7 spent)":
1 1 2 3 4 8 9 17 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "12 net successes means this uh…goes up to D, then +4 Power."

«Plot» Posh says, "Soo…although he has 8 impact, I do have 9M with this dikoted switchblade."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 7 for "Melee defense":
3 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 7 for "Melee defense KP 1 23/24 spent":
1 2 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 vs TN 5:
1 2 2 2 4 4 5 9 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 - 2 vs TN 5 for "KP 24/24":
2 3 4 8 10 10 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "6 round cleanup burst, tn 2, +4 partial cover from another opponent":
2 2 4 4 4 5 7 15 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons + Combat Pool: 2 - 2 vs TN 6 for "kp 3":
3 4 4 5 5 21 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Heavy Weapons + Combat Pool: 2 - 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "kp 5":
1 1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "stand on 3 successes, 6 round burst, APDS, 13d base, dodge tn 6"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 8 vs TN 8 for "Soaking, kp gone, all combat pool":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 13 = 2 Successes

It was quick and desperate, but all three of the soldiers, in their rather threatening milspec armor are down. Shoeshine's well-placed bursts of APDS tell rather brilliant, a series of suppressed full-auto shots taking down two of the enemies, and then after the efforts of Posh and Air leave the third soldier staggering, he is down for the count.

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « We need to move quickly. This patrol won't be reporting in anymore. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) uses 6 of item 2: APDS LMG Rounds from Ammo (#12781).

Air reholsters his pistol, lifting back up his rifle and starts to continue on towards the base, glancing back once when Dogface mentions moving the bodies. He shakes his head, comming as he continues onwards.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Leave them, they won't be patrolling here again to blow us before we go loud. Bin the tower rigging plan, just set up the ATGMs and we start shooting. »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Let's set them up but let's have a look before we start blowing. This patrol was a fifth of the force we saw on the intel. Maybe a good portion of the rest are sleeping? »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « The Devil Rat rides this course. Going for it first as planned. »

* Discon *

«OOC» Air says, "Shoe commed"
«OOC» Air says, "And stealthed, getting a 10 on KP6"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Stealth for "+12 ruth":
2 2 4 4 4 5 7

«Auto-Judge[]» 19:04:43 Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "+12 ruth visual Sig 10":
4 4 5 5 10 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 4 + 4 for "SENSOR CHECK":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5

«Plot» Air says, "Is there sufficient housing for 50 prisoners?"

«Plot» Posh says, "Yes, plenty of tents. It's 100 meters by 100 meters, inside the perimeter fence."

«Plot» Posh says, "Presumably there's a curfew for the prisoners."

Shoeshine gives the look with his special eyes for Ultrasound. He's immune to it at the moment, but it's good for the others to know. Otherwise, he scans through his various vision modes and hearing capabilities for breathing, odd heat signatures, high and low frequency sounds out of the ordinary, and generally a plethora of unpleasant surprises. Otherwise, it's time to move up on the Devil Rat under the cover of ghosting and sneakiness, and get a good listen on it - see if he can hear or detect anything, or anyone inside. Then wait for his cue, and try to start cracking the door.

Air will move to a position around 150 meters from the Devil Rat and start setting up his Great Dragon, hopefully outside the searchlight patterns. Once that thing is tripodded, he finds another position in the region of said Great Dragon to hunker down, find some concealment, and start scanning the base in detail for foot patrols.

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Will be loud but I can do that. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 for "Collective Perception vs Posh and Air":
1 2 2 4 8 17

«Plot» Posh says, "Well, thank goodness for ruth"

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Intelligence for "many senses, hearing +2":
2 2 3 3 5 8 9

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "stand on 11"

«Plot» Posh says, "You don't hear anything. However, that may not mean much, as you may know a Devil Rat has full NBC protection."

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « There's a plaque on the door of this little house. Lieutenant Ogawa. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 vs TN 8 for "R8 Engineering knowsoft, very generic…":
2 2 2 3 8 9 10 11 = 4 Successes

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « That Rat doesn't really have any visible signs of modification. Looks factory. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 8 for "Serious lock":
3 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 8 for "Serious lock kp7":
3 4 4 5 10 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "30 seconds."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Electronics vs TN 8 for "equally serious":
3 4 5 5 10 13 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "And I will take any complimentary roll from Posh to help out."

«Plot» Posh says, "30 seconds"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics B/R + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 8:
1 4 4 8 8 11 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 8:
1 2 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 3 for "+12":
2 2 3

Shoeshine sees that there's indeed a rigger sitting in there, strapped in, connected by datajack, with a little of the usual drool down the corner of his mouth.

Shoeshine steps in and pops in one, of course, just as superfast.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) has the Attribute Reaction with the value '6 (12)'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 27.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "Stationary target":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 8 9 10 11 17 = 11 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 + 3 vs TN 6 for "Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 8 14 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 + 3 - 3 vs TN 6 for "Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20 reroll 1 7/20 spent":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes
+roll 6+6+3-3/6 ~Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20 reroll 2 9/20 spent
«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 + 3 - 3 vs TN 6 for "Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20 reroll 2 9/20 spent":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 8 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 + 3 - 5 vs TN 6 for "Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20 reroll 2 12/20 spent":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 + 3 - 6 vs TN 6 for "Vs Rebound, 10S burst from submachinegun, rigger jumped in, soaking 3 extra dice KP 6/20 reroll 2 16/20 spent":
1 1 2 2 4 7 7 8 9 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "He takes D stun and slumps even further in his rigger chair."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Hearing suppressed burst":
2 4 4 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "Air can see the two sentries turn, curiously, apparently a bit startled."

«Plot» Air says, "Free action to comm"

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « Going loud? »

Commlink-Dogface> Shoeshine sends, « Go for it! »

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Nonlethal. Have idea. »

«Plot» Posh says, "The two sentries are close to each other, for conversation while bored."

«Plot» Posh says, "You can stick the muzzle of the grenade launcher between the links of the fence with no issue."

«Plot» Air says, "Medium range, no vision mods, Smartlink, Grenade Link, TN 4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "IPE Concussive minigrenade":
3 4 4 4 5 5 7 8 16 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 for "Scatter, airbursting":
10

«Plot» Posh says, "Still 2 successes."

«Plot» Air says, "16M base."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/9 on extra dice":
1 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/9 on extra dice reroll 1":
2 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 11 14 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 2 - 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/9 extra dice 6/9 spent reroll 2":
1 1 1 1 1 1 4 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 + 2 - 3 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/9 extra dice 9/9 spent reroll 3":
2 2 2 5 5 5 15 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "One takes M stun, bleeding from nose and ears."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 7 + 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/10 on extra dice":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 7 + 2 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/10 on extra dice reroll 1":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 7 + 2 - 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/10 on extra dice reroll 2":
1 2 4 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 7 + 2 - 2 vs TN 10 for "Soaking Stun KP 3/10 on extra dice reroll 3":
1 2 3 4 4 10 10 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "Another takes M stun"

Commlink-Spitfire> Posh sends, « Shoe. Look mean as possible. »

Air is paying attention to everything except the Devil Rat, two thirds of the team are dealing with the Devil Rat, which leaves him to cover the entire rest of the compound. Chief among that threat is the two sentries that are stationed vaguely by the tents, which are presumably full of goblinoid prisoners. When Posh calls for non-lethality Air reconfigures at the last moment launching an IPE concussive minigrenade that he mentally sets to airburst as the trigger is pulled.

«Plot» Posh says, "Both shakily take aim and try aimed bursts at Air"

Commlink-Lucky> Air sends, « I'm not set up for non-lethal. »

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 vs TN 6 for "Vs Air, no KP left":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 9 9 10 10 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 6 vs TN 6 for "Vs Air, no KP left":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "AR bursts, EXEX, 13S +1 Dodge TN each."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 vs TN 5 for "Dodge Shot 1":
2 2 2 2 5 11 17 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 vs TN 5 for "Dodge Shot 1":
2 2 2 2 5 11 17 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 - 3 vs TN 5 for "Dodge Shot 1 KP7":
3 4 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 - 3 vs TN 5 for "Dodge Shot 1 KP9":
2 5 7 17 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "Dodge shot 2":
1 1 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Combat Pool: 3 - 1 vs TN 5 for "Dodge shot 2 KP10":
2 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Air dodges both bursts.

«Plot» Air says, "Is at 0 cp for this turn."

"ALAAAAAAAARM" but of course in Japanese, is sounded, as the two shakily turn and aim their weapons towards Air, trying to squeeze off bursts as well placed as possible, while commotion starts in the tents, shouts of orks and trolls and even a few genuinely criminal humans. It's too soon for anything to emerge from the barracks, but Posh hopes Shoe gets the idea as she sticks the datacable right into her upper arm, and holds onto the seat. She doesn't have any rig to 'jump in' with, but she can manually direct the turret via datajack…

«Plot» Posh says, "Shoeshine, your action?"

«Plot» Posh says, "Posh took two simple actions: unplug rigger, plug self."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "or 6":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 8 10 14 14 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 3:
3 4 5 8 10 10 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#844) rolls 1 for "scatter":
1

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 10 for "Soak":
1 3 4 5 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 10 for "Soak":
1 5 5 5 5 9 = 0 Successes

Shoeshine was so focused on the mechanics of the door and getting it done in good time that Posh beats him to the quick on the rigger and then Air is duelling with the guards. Shooting and explosions! It looks rough but he's heard the call for nonlethal first, and so the fastest thing he can do is draw his own minigrenade launcher and send another up to join Air's. As is common, the first grenade makes them scatter right into the second, like a one-two punch, and they fall over. But Shoe's job isn't done! He's walking towards the barracks, where he assumes enemy soldiers will soon be boiling out!

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

The Devil Rat turns its turret, and then starts to lay down a stream of autocannon fire around the door of the barracks just as the door opens and a couple of men, clad only in t-shirts and boxers, but armed with assault rifles, starts to storm out.

Well, they didn't quite expect to have their own LAV turned against them, so…that's when the standoff starts going another way. The rifles start to drop. Perhaps sensibly, none of the tents burst, although loud murmering starts.

The door to the small house opens, and a fellow comes out, seeing the scene, He hangs his head in shame. Though, he doesn't quite seem the type for immediate seppuku.

It's a relatively simple matter to blow up the radio and secure the rest of the soldiers, with the Devil Rat's turret overseeing the proceedings. It's going to take them some time to figure out a way out of the plasteel manacles Shoe brought, and by then, without a radio, it'll be some time before there's assistance.

The Devil Rat is put to short work with demolitions placed inside of it, driven to block the gate, and with a five minute timer - after, of course, the prisoners - 32 orks, 13 trolls, and 5 humans, all males, are loaded onto the GMCs and Roadmasters.

"All right, I think we need to get to the site as soon as we possibly can," says Posh, once things are ready. "Let's blow the Devil Rat and get to the plane."

Shoeshine does communicate with the orks and trolls in Or'zet, if they know it, and English if they don't. He does have a radio detonator to use if there's any worry that the Japs will escape the moment they're out of sight and disarm the bomb in the Devil Rat. And then there's the idea of trophies; if any of these handy firearms are sufficiently worthwhile that they should be brought along.

Air hangs around, having turned off his ruth once the Japs were under control, and providing his own fair share of restraints for them. He will communicate the idea to the prisoners of fair work available at the other end of a flight, far away from Japanese racism. "Agreed, lets drive."

Shoeshine will check over the current vehicles for trackers and similar devices; disabling on the go. He's a detail-oriented little fellow.

200km, even on this terrain, only takes about 3 hours, and there the Lockheed aircraft is waiting. Cruz buzzes by in her t-bird, waggling the aircraft's stubby body, before she makes a move to head on out.

It's another few hours in the air to the PCC landing strip near Denver, and meantime, Posh turns to the other two, having made the rounds, explaining that jobs are waiting in Denver, for them to start a new life away from Saito.

"So," she says to Air and Shoe. "How do we get these folks across the border? We'll be about 50 klicks from Denver when we land, and we'll have transport…but we still don't have a crossing plan yet." She considers. "We could try good old-fashioned bribery - I know an old-timer smuggler, but do we know anyone else who might be able to assist?"

Shoeshine says "That was really my plan. I have a general fixer, but all he'd do is probably call the same smuggler you're likely to use."

"Well," says Posh, considering. "How does that get us into the CAS sector, though?" she asks. "I thought from here, we've essentially got one border, no matter what. Might as well enter directly?" she asks. "I wonder if the CAS border /from/ the Ute would be tougher, since there's those security problems."

Air shrugs, "The CAS sector from the Ute is an FTZ checkpoint, and they'll only need a basic SIN and visa to get in. From there, can't we transit them into the CAS sector via an underground route?"

Posh considers. "Could the trucker get us across, though, if all three of us drove?" she asks. "Though it might be a little hard to explain on my own SINs," she considers. "We could also…" She thinks. "What if we negotiated for temporary SINs for /all/ of them?" she asks. "There's fifty people here, but they wouldn't need to be the sort of full-on credstick, right?" she asks. She shakes her head to Air. "I don't know of any underground routes that I'd want to take fifty randoms through," she says.

Posh considers. "Best if we can hide folks in the trucks," she says. "And pass through at rough hours," she says. "Right through the checkpoint. When there's a lot of trucks, they don't really have time to take care of everyone," she considers. "The three of us can drive, and we can get some temporary forged IDs," she says. "We pay Cousin Roy, say, twenty thousand," she says. "Then we try to talk our way through?" She smiles at Shoe. "Shoe, do you have a silver tongue, by any chance?"

Air ponders the suggestions, "We could take 470 all the way around the city and come in from the other side, if that's a benefit. Getting from Warrens to CAS is a fairly simple case of bribery, King Stephen and the border guards. Or we could try that, overload the checkpoint guards at a busy time."

Shoeshine cheerily says, "I'm friendly at least! And I have a good CAS SIN!

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Etiquette + 4 + 4 vs TN 12 for "Getting 50 people across, kp 10 spent on dice, 17 spent so far, 500 NY per head.":
1 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 8 8 8 10 15 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 7 vs TN 8 for "Roy vs me":
1 1 3 3 3 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "500 a head, flat. 25,000."

A white pickup truck rolls by about an hour after the plane offloads, the three trucks arranged by Suen Qiang already waiting at the airstrip, and out steps an old cowboy, no hat. Posh and him go and discuss a long time, then they eventually shake hands. She shakes her head. "Old customer drives a hard bargain, but he said he'll make a plan," she says. "He's got a couple buddies at the border, and a couple of truck driver pals with good SINs who don't get asked questions. They'll get through," she says. "He's agreed to twenty-five thousand if there's no issues."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 1 for "Complications on 1":
3

THREE HOURS LATER…

The Cool Cat is a great place to have a drink when waiting to hear that your human trafficking job was a success. Posh lets out a sigh as she takes a deep sip of her planter's punch, and looks at the both of you across the table. "Well," she says. "I'm sure Tubbles is already pleased," she says to Air, and I know my friend will be grateful for the manpower," she says, raising her glass in a toast. "Time to split the pot, gentlemen."

Shoeshine suddenly quickdraws… a spoon! For his ice cream pudding. It's the only dessert they have and he was jonesing for some carbs. "I'd be tempted to do it gratis, but I have expenses." He grins - is he that much of a white hat? Probably not.

"Gratis?" asks Posh with mock surprise. "Perish the thought," she says, with a smile.

Air tilts his hand over, "I'm waiting for Tubbles to send me an acknowledgement. I'm sure he's busy, running what amounts to a paramilitary in the middle of CalFree." He glances at Shoeshine and chuckles in a sort of, 'Say what?' kind of way. Doing things for free isn't in his playbook at all.

"Might want to send him an update?" asks Posh of Air. She glances at Shoeshine. "You know, I didn't get this dietware for nothing. Let me order up one of those as well."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License