This One's For Johnny!

GM: Blackheart
Players: Blackheart, Bull
Synopsis: Blackheart receives a lead from Zucia about Big Louie. Jumping at the chance to avenge her dead boyfriend, she recruits Bull and the two ambush Big Louie as he gets home after a saturday night of gambling. Things went well enough that they were able to hide the bodies and get away before the Lone Star patrol could arrive..
Date: Feb 20, 2074


This one’s for Johnny!

It’s been a quiet few weeks since the last mission where Blackheart got KO'd by the hillbillies. Posh hasn't been conscripting quite as much work, which means Bull gets a whole lot of free time to himself at the Keeps doing little except guarding the small armory he takes care of. At the moment, this involves him doing a heck of a lot of pushups in the living area, working out. Most of the other Omens had been moved elsewhere. This place was sort of becoming Bulls perma-home.

Blackheart's key still works! It's been a little while, the weather's been really nice and the mage has been spending lots of time up at the cabin getting her ski on. Of course the first week was miserable but once she rented the hot tub trailer, things really turned around for her enjoyment of mountain cabin life. Now back in town, she grins as she spots Bull doing pushups, "One million five hundred and eighty thousand three… One million five hundred and eighty thousand four.."
Bull glances up, snorting before pushing to his feet lithely. "Not quite." He rumbles with a grin to Blackheart, "But close. I don't really know why I do them as much anymore. With most of my torso being cyberaugmented." He grunts and shrugs. "Anyway. Whats up?"

"Bad habits?" she wonders. "If you were like Macro, I'd guess it's meditative, but I'm not sure you're into all that woo." she shrugs her shoulders and deposits some carbs on the counter. "Oh, not much," she says pulling the little tin trays out of the bag. "Met up with Zucia and she gave me a lead, thought I'd see if anyone was interested in following up with me or not." There's more than enough to go around for humans, but she still has trouble gauging how much trolls and orks eat. Peeling the lid off of one, it looks like she's got hot kraut, pyrogies and keilbasa, all fried together in a greasy home style mess.
Bull eats more then even a troll, given his supathyroid. He looks curiously to her as he moves over and grunts out a thanks. "Job, eh? Whats the job? I could be interested in doing that. Usually only get brought out by Posh, but I don't think she'd be upset if I worked with you."
"Well, it's more a personal hit, than a job, really," Blackheart confesses. "Something I thought would be in your wheelhouse. Posh and Scurry have been so obsessed with not killing anyone lately, I thought it'd be better to not try and guilt trip them into something like this." She has her own little plate and pushes the rest over to Bull as he seems to be the only one around.
Bull lets out a low laugh, and he takes the plate. "Yeah? You need somone killed, I've no problem doing that. I don't get Posh' obsession with nonlethal. Sometimes? Sure. But you don't fuckin' go toe to toe with men with guns and sec armor at half capacity and weakened."
"I know right? Sometimes I think she does stuff like that just to pad her resume. Show off to potential Js who might catch wind of our ability to do things with our hands tied behind our backs." She has a forkfull of pyrogies. The food is real, as it turns out, not any of the soy-crap those in denver usually get by on, made in a polish deli in the UCAS sector. "Anyways," she says, getting a bottle of beer from another bag and using her keychain to pop it open. "This is going to be a hit on a made man," she says. "Might be pretty dangerous."
Bull grunts comfortably at the good food, and then he shrugs. "Ain't worried." He says simply. "You got someone you want dead, I'll help with it. Together we'll figure out a good way to hit them."
Blackheart fishes a file folder out from under her jacket and sets it on the table. "Sounds good. This is Big Louie," she gestures at one of the printed out photos from the dossier. He used to be an associate of the Denver Family, but he's recently been made." she says, there are other pictures from over the years. Big Louie used to have started out pretty small, but the more recently time stamped ones show he's gotten quite a bit bigger, and cybered up, with beefy looking muscles. Most likely muscle replacements and steroids. "And as it turns out, Big Louie also needs to die."

"Well, thats convenient he needs to die." Bull grunts, stirring to examine the pictures and looking over him carefully. "You know his routines and the like? Got an idea yet for how exactly to take care of him?"
Blackheart nods her head a little bit. "That's what my big lead was," she says, shuffling about the photos until she finds the correct one. "We have a home address," she taps it with a finger and nods her head. "I'm thinking we pick him up on his way home from playing cards at Tino's," she says, mentioning a restaraunt mobsters frequently hang out at lately. "They tend to play late," she says, "Usually getting home around five or six in the morning. I'm thinking that might be one of the best times to jump him."
"Yeah? Hit him outside his house before he gets inside?" Bull asks curiously. "What sector is his home in, what would response time be if we did that?"
"UCAS," Blackheart says with a frown. "Pretty swanky neighbourhood, if there's a big shoot out, the Star will be there pretty quick."
Bull nods his head. "Hrm. And how far away is Tino's from his place? Still in UCAS?"
"Yeah, I think his crew mostly operates in that neighbourhood. The triad and yaks have the CAS pretty much locked down from what I've seen." Blackheart explains. She pulls up a map on her pocsec and zooms in on the area Tino's is and then scrolls over to Big Louie's house. "Looks like about fifteen blocks or so. Commercial/residential, looks like."

"Gotcha." Bull muses with a sigh. He shakes his head slightly. "Well. Suppressed firearms, and smoke him on transition between his vehicle and his house, and ready up for a rapid exfiltration after that?" He suggests. "Won't bring Lonestar down on our heads unless we are loud about it."

Blackheart nods her head. "Sounds like a plan, Stan," she says. "Now, for escape routes," she says, examining the area on the map. "Ideally, if we're quick and quiet about it, we can use his car and get out before morning commuter traffic starts up. Stuff him in the trunk and all that before ditching somewhere we can change up to our bikes without giving the game away. Any ideas on a plan B?"

"I don't have a bike." Bull says with a chuckle. "But yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Hrm. For plan Bs, I've got a contact that I use for smuggling my gear around. I can keep her on standby nearby."
Blackheart gasps! "Bully, say it ain't so!" She holds her hand over her heart. "You do realize we're a 'motorcycle club'"

"I've gotten real good at riding motorcyclists." Bull quips, "But ain't owned a bike to ride yet." He shrugs. "I usually drive the van, or run security from it."

"Excuses, excuses. After we're done with this, we're going bike shopping!" Blackheart decides with a determined nod of her head before she digs into some more dinner, it looks like it's going to be a long night staking out Big Louie's home.

There is a chuckle from Bull. "Alright, fine." He grunts with a shrug. "We can find something for me at some point. Anyway, I'll take the van over. You want to ride and park nearby, or…?"
"I'll ride shotgun," Blackheart grins.

Bull tips his head. "You up for hitting him tonight, then? No time like the present?"

"Are you short on time?" Blackheart wonders. "If we put it off, we could probably wrangle another patch in on this, but I'm good to go tonight."

<Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Denver Smuggling Routes vs TN 4 for "Getting across the UCAS border":
3 3 11 = 1 Success

"I'm not." He says with a grin. "Good to go if you are. No time like the present. I go stir crazy cooped up in here. If Posh didn't make sure to send… company… by every so often, I think I would go crazy."

Blackheart laughs at the pause and qualification, nodding her head. "Okay, let's get you some fresh air. I know a spot we can park the van and hike across the border. It's a sewer, but it's the best I can think of that's currently active. Do you feel like a disguise, or invisibility?" she wonders.

"Invisibility would be best. Guy my size doesn't 'disguise' that well." He says with a snort, "Do you want me to bring my big axe, or just my suppressed guns?"
"Hell yeah, bring your axe and guns as backup," Blackheart nods her head. "Just don't mash his face too much, I… I need his eyes." she says meekly. After clearing her throat, she nods her head, "Okay, lets head out."
Bull raises a brow. "You need his eyes? Right. Okay then."
"Yeah. Magic stuff," Blackheart says trying to mask her embarassment.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 5 for "Improved Invisibility F2, sustaining focus":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 8 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "soaking M drain, need 4 for soak.":
1 1 1 3 5 8 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Blackheart says, "as if"
«OOC» Blackheart says, "I forgot my magic wand."
Bull snorts. "Whatever. ALright, lets go." He gets geared up, making sure to grab all of what he needs.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 3 vs TN 5 for "Magic wand dice":
2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 2 vs TN 3 for "Magic wand dice":
4 5 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "soaked."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 3 - 2 vs TN 5 for "KP 1":
2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "Bull's invisible with 8 successes"

Once they get to the smuggling tunnel, and park the van, Blackheart draws out her magic wand and hands Bull her focus. "Okay, whatever you do, don't lose this," she says, handing over a silver necklace with a little flying spaghetti monster pendant on it. She weaves a spell and Bull disappears from sight. Once that's taken care of, Blackheart waves her magic wand at herself and disguises herself as city engineer, an older male with a paunch and a faded safety vest.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 5 vs TN 7 for "Disguise Self F6":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

Bull carefully puts it on before grunting. He cues up his comms so they can talk together. "Alright. So, just go and stand around invisible real quiet like and wait for jim?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 4 for "soaking 1 drain, need 2!":
1 1 2 3 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 5 - 2 vs TN 7 for "KP 2":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 = 2 Successes

"Yeah, essentially," Blackheart says, scratching her new gut, her accent now an offensively bad guido imitation, too bad her spell doesn't cover that!

"Sounds like a plan." Bull says with a rumbling laugh, gesturing towards Blackheart. "Lead the way."
«Plot» Blackheart says, "Disguise is set at TN6 4 successes."

«<Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Etiquette for "Looking like I belong as a city engineer!":
2 4 4
It's about 4 am when the two Omens get to the street where the hit's going to take place. Blackheart looking like a city engineer with her balding head and construction hat on, checking her clipboard whenever a Lonestar cruiser drifts by, which happens a couple of times on the journey over. Amazingly, she doesn't draw any particular interest beyond a brief rubberneck the first time. With the mighty minotaur straddling the astral plane and prime material plane, nobody notices him except for a toy poodle being taken for a walk in the wee hours.

Bull is of course, invisible. Which is easy. No, Bull does not kick the dog. He just bites his tongue and ignores it.

Blackheart shrugs her shoulders to the dog walker. "Poodles, eh? I got two of em maself," she lays it on thick, leering at the poor jogger, doing her best to act like a typical construction dude. "They like ta bark at the wind, ya know? Eh heh heh," The jogger looks with disgust and heads off. The disguised mage spots the home just up ahead. "Dat looks like da one," she says, really having a gas doing this accent, checking her clipboard once more as they set up to wait.

«Gotcha» Bulls voice comes over the comms. He idly walks around the house once to just check the layout before moving to the front again. <Best spot to hit it from?>
«OOC» Blackheart says, "can you give me a stealth roll to see if you make noise?"
«OOC» Blackheart says, "TN 3"
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Stealth vs TN 3:
4 4 4 4 = 4 Successes

The home is a decent looking middle class house that still looks pretty fresh from the clean up and sale last year after Big Louie's promotion. The lawn is kept groomed by a company, judging by the little stick and sign up front, and there's a blue sticker on the front window that reads PROTECTED BY LONE STAR, to ward off anyone who'd try to break in. Even with a motion sensor light in the back, it doesn't arouse suspicion as a crow caws and there are some birds chirping in the early morning as the sky begins to lighten. The back yard has a privacy fence and a gate on either side. A tool shed on one side, and a hedge along the drive way, practically a suburban dream home for the up and coming mafioso.

«Seems clear around the house. Should be good to wait to gun him down. Probably best we get a little out of sight.» Bull does as he suggested, lurking in a shadowy area with some cover. Just in case.

Commlink-Jett> Blackheart sends, « You wanna hang by the hedge? If he opens the garage we can get him in there. »

Commlink-Bull> Bull sends, « Sounds good. »

Bull moves towards the hedge, getting comfortable in and around it as he waits. And… wait he does. Boy this part of the job sucks.
It's a solid hour by the time headlights come around the corner. A cobalt blue toyota elite with two men in it. The driver seems to be under the influence and the hulking body of Big Louie seems to be in the passenger seat. «Here they come, get ready» Blackheart says. She's taking a knee and looking fairly intently at the flow of the spring melt into a storm drain, doing her best to work her disguise. «Looks like he's got a driver. Damn, he's moving up in the world..»
Commlink-Bull> Bull sends, « Take the primary target first. Driver second. »
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Seeing through BH's disguise!":
1 2 3 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Seeing through BH's disguise!":
1 2 5 7 = 1 Success
The car slows down a little bit as Blackheart is spotted. There's a brief hesitation, but the driver decides it's nothing and pulls into the driveway. The two seem to be having a conversation in italian with each other, laughing and chuckling to each other as they relive their evening's exploits.
Bull raises his twin SMGs, and the large 'Taur waits patiently.
Commlink-Jett> Blackheart sends, « I'll move on your signal. »

The conversation stretches for about ten minutes when it finally winds down and Big Louie pops open his door and climbs out with a tired yawn.

Bull waits until he has a nice, clean shot. And then he unleashes a quarter of bursts straight at Big Louie.
«OOC» Blackheart says, "let it rip, there's no way he could spot you"
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 3 for " Base 4, -1 smartguns, no penalty? 1st shot, primary hand":
2 2 2 3 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 4 for " Base 4, -1 smartguns +1 off hand, no penalty? 1st shot, primary hand":
1 1 2 2 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for " Base 4, -1 smartguns, no penalty? 2nd shot, primary hand":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 7 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for " Base 4, -1 smartguns+1 off hand, no penalty? 2nd shot, off hand":
1 3 4 5 5 7 7 10 10 = 7 Successes

«OOC» Blackheart says, "what's the bullet stats for soak?"
«OOC» Bull says, "Its… all…. 9S, I think? SMG burst, base 6M, and exex rounds"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Soaking the first shot":
1 1 2 2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Blackheart says, "hahaha"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "first shot KP1":
1 1 3 3 5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 - 2 vs TN 4 for "first shot KP3":
1 2 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 - 4 vs TN 4 for "first shot KP6":
3 3 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "First shot L wound"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "second shot":
1 3 3 3 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "Second shot M wounds. At 4 boxes"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "third shot":
1 2 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Blackheart says, "oh, can he use CP to soak?"
«OOC» Bull says, "Nope!"
«OOC» Bull says, "Only to dodge, and only if he knew it was coming."
«OOC» Bull says, "Oh, wait."
«OOC» Bull says, "YES HE CAN"
«OOC» Bull says, "You can always use CP to soak, even unaware."
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«OOC» Blackheart says, "okay I'll add some cp to that last one"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 - 3 + 3 vs TN 4 for "third shot 3cp":
1 4 4 5 5 22 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Blackheart says, "third shot L wound"

«Plot» Blackheart says, "at 5 boxes"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 4 for "4th shot against S + 7 succs":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 11 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Bull says, "Still a D."

The quarter of quiet 'brrrrrps' sounds out of Bulls silenced XSGs. In the span of a half dozen seconds, Big Louie is riddled with a barrage of twelve bullets, every burst ripping into flesh until the last one puts him down into the dirt for good. And still invisible!
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 3 + 6 for "Little Louie":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 7 16
«OOC» Blackheart says, "derp"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 3 for "+6":
1 2 2
«OOC» Blackheart says, "oh man, poor guy"
«OOC» Bull says, "Haha"
«OOC» Blackheart says, "init?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Bull (#4176) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.
«OOC» Blackheart has a bit of calculations for her manabolt
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 5 vs TN 9 for "Manabolt F6 M targeting driver (1BC, 4 cover 4 will) R5 Power focus":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 9 10 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "Soaking M drain need 4 to full soak.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 5 - 3 vs TN 9 for "Manabolt F6 M targeting driver (1BC, 4 cover 4 will) R5 Power focus KP 4":
1 2 2 2 2 5 5 7 7 8 8 11 11 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower - 2 vs TN 3 for "Soaking M drain need 4 to full soak. KP 5":
3 5 7 10 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "Manabolt hits with 6 successes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D+2":
2 2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D+2 KP1":
1 2 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D+2 KP3":
2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D+2 KP6":
5 9 15 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Blackheart says, "Driver takes D"

Before the echo of Bull's suppressed shots have even faded, Blackheart looks up and unleashes a powerful manabolt to the driver from behind. It's a difficult shot thanks to the seat and windows providing only a portion of the gangster's body for siting, but it proves effective, and the man spasms and then slumps back, his head lolling to the side as he has a serious stroke. «Okay, quick, stuff him in the back and let's take their car!» She says, getting up and rushing across the street to open the driver's door and move him about to the back before anyone is the wiser.

Bull moves quickly, putting his SMGs away as he scoops up the corpse, heaving him up and moving to deposit him into the back. As quietly as quiet can be.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Stealth vs TN 4:
3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Stealth vs TN 4 for "Kp5":
5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Strength vs TN 4:
2 3 7 = 1 Success
Blackheart pops the trunk and drags the driver to the back, seemingly having a more difficult time than the mighty Bull does with his cargo. Convieniently, the mobster's trunk is lined for just such occasions and is roomy enough for two. Who knew a mobster's car would have so much trunk space?? Getting one last good look at the driver's face and outfit, Blackheart draws her magic wand one again to disguise herself as the dead man, weaving an illusion to help with the exfiltration.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 + 5 vs TN 7 for "Disguise Self F6":
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 17 = 3 Successes
«Stats System» Invalid roll: Cannot find stat matching "willpower/4 soaking l drain, need 2!".
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 4:
1 3 4 5 7 10 = 4 Successes
Bull dumps the body of Big Louie in attop Little Louie, and he seals the vehicle back up. «If someone inside heard the car pull up, we won't likely have long til they start wondering why he didn't come in yet. Then again, its been ten minutes so far.»
While not a spitting image, Blackheart's quick study of the mobster would likely pass any casual glance over. «Okay, let's get the hell out of here!» she whispers hurridly, closing the trunk and sliding into the driver's seat. «You're right, the wife is probably on the phone right now!»

Bull gets in, letting the driver get in to pass the driver role. "Worst case, we dump the car and leave Big Louies body, empty his belongings. Make it look like his driver ran off with him. We'll take the drivers body."

Blackheart drives away from the scene. If the wife did see something, the mage is betting she won't be calling anyone, at least right away. Disguised as the driver, she'd likely assume this was a sanctioned hit and would only find out later the afternoon when people came looking. The mage drives to within a few blocks of the smuggling route, and parks in an alleyway. Breathing a sigh of relief, she steels herself for one last task, getting out of the car and popping the trunk. She looks down upon Big Louie as he bleeds out, his cybernetic systems having slowed his heartbeat just enough that he's still breathing. "This one's for Johnny, you fucking piece of shit!" she says, drawing out a flick knife as she cuts out his cybernetic eyes, ignoring his feeble thrashing before she stabs him in the throat to finish him off. With the two chrome eyeballs in hand, she sticks them in her pocket and nods towards the invisible Bull. "Okay, let's GTFO.." she says, sparing just one more moment to sterilize the area.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 3 + 5 vs TN 5 for "Sterilize, R4, 6m radius.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 9 14 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 2 vs TN 3 for "soaking M drain, need 4!":
1 2 2 5 5 5 11 11 = 5 Successes

Bull kind of watches with little care on his expression as Blackheart finishes off the bleeding out man. "Sounds like a plan." He grunts, shifting to haul the body of Little Louie out of the vehicle. They'd dispose of that in fire later.

Several hours later, Johnny's mother found a wooden box on her doorstep. In it, were the two cybernetic eyes and a small card. "For Johnny."

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License