LOG: The Out-Of-Towner

GM: Posh
Players: BillyBob, Blackheart, Knox, Posh.
Synopsis: Summary: Posh is hired by her contact Trevor Chang to acquire a recent Yakuza shipment of military comms gear intended to better equip their pet gangs in the DTC. She gets Knox to help create a diversion for them to raid a location, while BillyBob provides sensor overwatch However, they discover this shipment has a particularly experienced defender. After a quick, desperate, silent fight while the cops dawdle in front of the building and most of the Yakuza argue outside, Posh and Blackheart steal the comms gear and make the getaway with BillyBob.
Date: 10/21/2076


BillyBob's chopper has its skirt off and its guts strewn about all over the floor of Rocky Mountain Air Taxi. Posh is wearing a set of grease-stained overalls. "I know, BillyBob," she says. "The door gun exposes the ship to return fire, but at most ranges it won't be targetable. Plus it provides an extra, and very speedy, means in ingress. Last of all, it can look like just a camera harness. Maybe one of your customers shoots lots of nature documentaries and garbate like that."

Blackheart walks into the Air Taxi hangar and looks about, impressed with the facility. "Damn, BB's gota hangar right in the city!" she nods her head, appreciating the feat. Spotting Posh covered in greasy overalls, she heads over. "Doing a bit of surgery?" she wonders, looking over the parts on the floor.

BillyBob grunts and spits on the service grate, letting his tobacco juice sluice through down into the guts of his chopper facility. "I dunno. Gits real cold high up ya know. Especially fer a gunner."

Posh chuckles a little bit as she shakes her head. "Damn right it gets cold. That door gun only opens in special circumstances," she says. "Besides, we can set it up so it's out of the cargo area, walled off from where the seating is," she says, with a chuckle, looking up with a grin at Blackheart. "Blackheart! We were working on the chopper. We can have her in flyable consdition in just an hour, by the way," she says.

"Don't put in a door gun, get one of those little ball turrets they had on those old world war two bombers!" Blackheart says, digging up a little bit from a mostly forgotten history class. "Keep everything warm and toasty, and have a nice view as well."

BillyBob reaches up and jacks out another nut from the internal guts of the tilt-wing's nacelle. He lines up the nut next to about twenty of them on a small railing on the undercarriage. "Yah I was thinkin' about a pop-up turret, poppin' from da underside. But they's expensive as shit."

"Plus, they take up a whole lot of the room on the inside," explains Posh. "And if they're on the outside," she says. "Then they're easier to detect on radar. This is, unfortunately," she says, ruefully to Blackheart, "one of the reasons you don't really see them that much anymore."

Blackheart shrugs her shoulders, "It'd look cool, though," she says, opening up her biker jacket to pull out a tallcan of cider, which she pulls open, dodging the foam. "It'd look really cool."

BillyBob spits more tobacco juice on the floor of his air hangar. "Yah but I wanna git like a license 'ta hunt paracritters. Maybe if I get dat da Sioux lands wont' hassle me none."

Posh chuckles, lightly, and then she sort of goes into a trance for just a moment. She then shakes her head. "Just got details on a gig, if you two are interested in some quick money. Maybe a little dangerous, but…well, we've worked together a lot," she says. "Based on what I've got here, I think I'd want to bring on someone else to act as a distraction," she says. "What do you two say?" she asks.

Already, she is flipping a message off to Knox.

«Sorry I missed that martini. But I'll apologize with a taste of some nuyen. Interesting opportunity, I think. If you don't mind doing a little quiet favor for the Triads, too. Why don't you come by my friend BillyBob's air taxi location, and we talk a little more?»

Posh taps her cheek. "You know, maybe a license as a hunting /guide/ and pilot would really fly well. Say you take rich folks out into the boonies to hunt critters."

Knox is at Stage Perilous getting sauced. His record for staying out of court now was 65-1. Not bad. His cell buzzes, he plugs into it, and replies

«But of course. Ciao.»

Some time later and a few changed cabs, the man cautiously steps into the air taxi lobby. His can wallops the floor with a sharp crack with each step. "Hello, dirtbag lawyer here."

Blackheart sips her cider and cants her head to the side, "What do you have in mind, Posh? I have a parahunter licence for Peublo," she says. "We could try to capture something and ship it to some research facility for some decent coin."

BillyBob splutters. "I ain't puttin' a paracritter in my chopper!" He bangs his head on the nacelle of the tilt-rotor and growls, spitting out the wad of chewing tobacco in his lower lip. "Fawk. I mean git a huntin' license fer a cover, ya know."

When Knox arrives, Posh has enlisted the aid of BillyBob and Blackheart to get the vehicle together again, and the location of Rocky Mountain Air Taxi is in mostly reasonable shape.

"All right," says Posh. "I got a tipoff from a friend of mine a couple of you know already. Trevor Chang. He mentioned that there is a shipment of milspec electronics that have been smuggled in and are being kept in a Yakuza safehouse," she says. "We've got the address…it's a pretty simple affair, crammed in among the many little businesses in the Denver Tech Center." She pulls out a pocsec, opens a hatch in her arm, and pulls out a retractable datacable on a reel to connect to it. The pocsec shows a small map of the area, as well as a 3d rendering of the building produced by her orientation system. Blackheart, of course, is getting this uploaded directly through her cyberlink.

"I partly called you in, Knox, because I imagined we'd stage some sort of distraction out front. Maybe some kind of legal case. We'd try to draw as many people as possible and create a scene. Ideally we'd draw the personnel to the front. BillyBob gets Blackheart in the back. She, and BillyBob's drone, deal with any threats in there. It'll be particularly dangerous if there's gunshots and stuff, though," she says to Knox. "Because that's the point they might try to take us hostage. But hopefully, they'll just try to get rid of us and rush back in. At that point, Blackheart and BillyBob will be defending against a counter attack, and have much more advantage. Then, well, you and me go to help them out."

The building is a pretty simple two-story small commercial building, at one time a storefront with offices above, not very big, and it must be used as a stash house.

Posh grins at Blackheart. "We've almost got that ready to go. As soon as we have BillyBob's chopper sorted, we can tranq paracritters, fly them into the FTZ, and then sneak them through the tunnel. Lawyer here's in the know already - he's cool."

Blackheart sips her cider and cants her head to the side, "What do you have in mind, Posh? I have a parahunter licence for Peublo," she says. "We could try to capture something and ship it to some research facility for some decent coin."

BillyBob splutters. "I ain't puttin' a paracritter in my chopper!" He bangs his head on the nacelle of the tilt-rotor and growls, spitting out the wad of chewing tobacco in his lower lip. "Fawk. I mean git a huntin' license fer a cover, ya know."

Knox listens intently. "While I don't mind a good bit of rough and tumble politicking, my connections with the Nippon would be….not a fan of my PR stunt. And I'n not exactly a fan of the 88's or any other Chinese triad. Not sure that could work for me." he thinks to himself for a moment.

Posh gives a little shrug. "Well, the thing is, you don't necessarily have to do this as yourself. A good disguise would probably work, at least. And it might be good to have a friend with the Red Dragons, after all," she says to Knox.

"Of course, that was just my first idea. I like to lay out the idea and a groundwork, but I don't expect you do it as I suggest," she says. "I process the information, but I've found trying to tell people what to do is a recipe for heartache. Why don't you tell me how you might crack this one then?" asks Posh. "Some other diversion we could pretend to be."

Blackheart listens to the details. "So, a case of chips we have to get out of a stash house?" She looks back to Billybob, "Do you have a sneaky killdrone?"

Knox narrows his eyes. He seems open minded, yet immovable on the Red Dragon friend bit. Whatever happened, it hit him hard.

"A loud distraction would be something like that…true. And….I suppose we could do a 'double blind'" He strokes his goatee.

We'd have to involve the Star, though. And pay them a cut." He smiles.

"No reason you can't ghost this one, I suppose," Posh says to Knox. "He'll be happy just to pay for the work, too, I assure you. And, it's a case of milspec electronics. I think basic taccomms, like we all already have, to equip with bosozoku and the like," she says. "Trevor would rather have them for the Triads, you see. And it's all the better if it comes at the expense of the Yakuza."

Posh gives a grin. "All right then. Let's hear it, Knox. What's the idea? And just how much of a cut would they want?" she asks. "Anything that lets a mage and a drone in the back. Blackheart's cyberlinked, so she can even sneak in alone and BillyBob can still cover her with his Doberman through the walls."

BillyBob digs in his jacket pocket, getting out a fresh can of Skoal. "Nunna mah drones is stealthy or quiet wit' a gun, ya know."

Posh shakes her head at BillyBob. "Doesn't have to be. You're there to get her out if she gets in trouble, or she needs the fire support. You'll probably be around near the back door, with the Doberman just outside your van, or even still in the rack, ready to deploy." For that part, at least, assuming that works with Knox's plan for the distraction to draw them to the front door.

Knox nods, "I have a contact, a judge, in the CAS district who's very bendable and in my pocket. Secure probable cause in conjunction with a one Sgt. Paul Markoff of the Lone Star to hit the location /next door/ to our target. Markoff can send himself and his lackeys to go loud, make a bit of noise, and come up with nothing."

Henry spreads his hands a part like a croupier signifying the hand has been dealt. "While distracted, you do what you….need to do. Paul will expect a cut, I don't know how much we're not weekend bridge club members, and kick some of his up to the judge."

-----> Contact for Knox (#4448) <------
Contact Name: Sgt. Paul Markoff
Level: 1
Type: unknown
GM Note: -Human Lonestar Sergeant

-Bod 7, Str 5, Qui 6, Int 3, Will 3, Cha 4

-Karma Pool: 3

-Skills: Athletics 6, Clubs 4, Pistols 4, Rifles 7, Small Unit Tactics 6, Stealth 4 (Sneaking 6), Leadership 4, Police Procedures 5, Etiquette 4 (Police 6), Smuggling Routes 3, Local Gangs 4, Intimidation 5, Negotiation 3

-Languages: English 4, Cityspeak 3, Or'zet 3, Sperethiel 2

-Cyberware: Wired Reflexes 2, Smartlink 2

-Notes: Sgt. Markoff is a Lonestar officer working in the CAS. While careful and thorough when on the job, he is amienable to careful bribes and occasionally works with smugglers for a percentage of the take. (He met Knox when investigating two dead bodies that mysteriously appeared in the Falstaff's restroom.)


-----> Contact for Knox (#4448) <------
Contact Name: Judge Bob Gilford
Level: 2
Type: judge
GM Note: The Hon. Robert Gilford is a circuit criminal court judge in the CAS district. He's fat and corrupt, and therefore right up Knox's alley. As Knox spends time schmoozing it up at hangouts popular with those holding Doctorates of Law, he's bumped into the Judge plenty and picked up a tab here and there, and knows how to get to him.


BillyBob smacks the Skoal can against his trouser and cracks it open, taking a big wad of the leaf and sticking it between his gum and lower lip. The delicious smell of berry Skoal fills the bay. "Yah I git mah van an' wait, I kin do dat."

Posh whistles a bit. "That'll certainly do that," she says to Knox. "Look, why don't you call up and ask for the favor, and give us a schedule?" she asks. "Then the Star will take care of the distraction," she says. "But we'll have to do it quieter," she says. "All right," she says. "Blackheart. It'll be you and me, going in the back, then, alone. BillyBob will be covering us with the sensors and will be the getaway," she says. "Knox, if you can come through on the Lone Star, you'll have earned your cut on this already," she says. "How much do you think they'd want for all this, off the top?" she asks. "The job's worth eighty grand - do you think your Lone Star pals would do it for something reasonable?" she asks.

BillyBob smacks the Skoal can against his trouser and cracks it open, taking a big wad of the leaf and sticking it between his gum and lower lip. The delicious smell of berry Skoal fills the bay. "Yah I git mah van an' wait, I kin do dat."

"So, with that racket going on, BB pulls up a dobie to cover the back door, and I slink in with my batons. I could probably get the drop on anyone not interested in watching the ruckus, all we need is someone good with doors. I imagine the backdoor is barred." Blackheart hmms, trying to analyse the floorplans. "Upstairs entry's probably better, come to think of it."

She grins to Blackheart. "Hmmm. If it's barred, well, could you float me up to a window?" she asks. "I'd be able to disable any alarms or electronics on it if you did."

Knox nods, "20% cut's Markoff's usual fee. Give me a few, I'll take a drive and come back with some…helpful items."

«Plot» Posh says, "Payout reduced to 16k per person, provided Knox succeeds two TN 8 etiquette rolls. This is asking for a misuse of police resources, so it's a tall order, but 16k is not insubstantial for the retirement fund."

Knox cracks his knuckles and grabs a cab, a half hour later he returns with a smile on his face. And a heavy gym bag at his feet.

Posh gives a grin at Knox. "So, Knox," she says. "What's in the bag?"

Posh arches an eyebrow. "If you can negotiate for a reduced price," she says. "But, I'll have to confess - I've got those onboard," she says. She opens up another compartment in her arm, revealing her glasscutters, and then unscrews her pinky, showing an autopicker emerge from it. "I mean, if you'd like to let us use your tools as well to ensure that we all succeed and get paid, I'm sure Blackheart would appreciate a glasscutter," she says, with a smile. "Aside from that, well, we kind of…always share with meticulous equality when I set up a gig. I just make sure to profit after the fact because I got help doing favors for my friends - but that's the case where I take a little less and give out a little extra," she explains.

"You're some kinda /criminal/ lawyer, hey?" Blackheart smirks as she sees the tools of the trade in the gym bag. Nodding her head to Posh, "yeah, I can get you up to the roof, for sure. Should be trivial," she says.

Knox jaw drops a bit at the arms gizmo. "Well, you can't blame a guy for trying." He grins a shit-eating-grin. "If you find it useful, use it. If not, don't and return in one piece." He unzips the bag to show the goodies, then zips it back up.

He flicks his eyes to Blackhearts, unsure if he has met before. "Of course, haven't you seen my ads?"

Posh grins. "In this line of work?" she asks. "Believe you me," she says. "Lawyer's a good man to know," she says. "So. You'll be heading off then, to ask around for our diversion? Send me a message when it's over. I'll wire your payment when it's done," she says, with a smile. "Trevor never requires me to name my associates, anyway, so you'll remain a ghost, as far as he and the Triads are concerned."

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Etiquette vs TN 8 for "Judge Roll":
2 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Etiquette vs TN 8 for "KP 1/23 if allowed":
3 4 5 7 10 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Law (Criminal) vs TN 8 for "Comp Roll to judge if allowed":
2 2 4 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "The judge is willing to issue a warrant on a flimsy pretext."

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Etiquette vs TN 8 for "Markoff roll, c'mon c'mon c'mon":
1 1 1 4 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Etiquette vs TN 8 for "2/6 honestly i forget how KP works i use it rarely #sorrynotsorry":
2 2 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Law (Criminal) vs TN 8 for "Comp":
1 2 4 8 = 1 Success

Montage:

Knox plants a rumor on shadowland anonymously, guns, girls, and Kong Hot-chips loaded at an address. The wrong address just a stones throwaway. Almost literally.

He swings by Franky's Sports Lounge and places some bets on magic-doped horses and grabs a piss poor Tom Collins at the bar. Wait, what was he doing? He does a bump of coke and rings up Judge Guilford.

Baby, sweets. How's it hanging? To the left and long and strong right? Natch. Listen, got a little problem….he dishes. Pretext turns to text and the warrant's A-OKed.

Knox gloms bar peanuts and rings Markoff on a burner. He's serious now, "Look make some bang bang noises. Maybe toss a flashing or whatever you do with your crew. Sit inside, fire off a few rounds and whack off. My crew's gonna be next door. Anything happens - ignore it. Just like you ignored those bodies last year. Cut you in on 20%, so ka? Drake, toss the location and keep anything you like after the fact. Keep my name out of it ok. Cia."

A few hours later Knox drops by his office and sends Posh a text.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
=======================> Contents of MasterKey (#3212) <=======================
| Item | Qty | IC Location | Description |
*
—+-+----+-------—*
| 1 | 1 | Carried | MasterKey R8 Maglock Passkey |
================================ 1 Item Listed ================================
Type '+vinfo #3212/<item>' for full information about an item.
Items marked with * have stats. Type '+sheet #3212:<item>' to view.
Type '+help voucher' for help on the voucher system.
«Auto-Judge[]» Voucher Authenticity Verified


l tools
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
====================> Contents of Burglar Tools (#10092) <=====================
| Item | Qty | IC Location | Description |
*
—+-+----+-------—*
| 1 | 1 | Carried | Auto Lockpicker R5 |
| 2 | 1 | Carried | Sequencer R6 |
| 3 | 1 | Carried | Glasscutter R6 |
| 4 | 1 | Carried | Ultrasound E/D |
=============================== 4 Items Listed ================================
Type '+vinfo #10092/<item>' for full information about an item.
Items marked with * have stats. Type '+sheet #10092:<item>' to view.
Type '+help voucher' for help on the voucher system.
«Auto-Judge[]» Voucher Authenticity Verified


============================> Item 1 on MasterKey <============================
Item Name: MasterKey R8 Maglock Passkey
Item Type: ITEM
Quantity: 1
Fractional OK: No
Clonable: No
Players Can Link: No
Created For: Mirage (#5721)
Created By: Mirage (#5721)
IC Location: Carried
-----—> GM Notes for Item <-----
Jan 9 2015 This R8 Maglock Passkey rerolls all failures once per use, as if
it has it's own karma pool.


----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
==========================> Item 4 on Burglar Tools <==========================
Item Name: Ultrasound E/D
Item Type: ITEM
Quantity: 1
Fractional OK: No
Clonable: No
Players Can Link: No
Created For: Ricky (#6569)
Created By: Ricky (#6569)
IC Location: Carried
-----> GM Notes for Item <-----
Dec 17 2010 Rtg 5


Blackheart packs up her things, and tucks one of her taser clubs into her gunbelt. It seems like an occasion where it will come in handy. "Okay, sounds like the po-po is on the way," she says, "We should probably get going."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Disguise for "+2 hair eyes":
2 3 4 4 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Disguise for "+1 hair Blackheart":
2 3 4 4 4 17

BillyBob spits another juicy bit of juice on the air hangar floor. He keys up the autostart on his converted food truck, which is just outside the bay, and climbs on in. "Git in."

«Plot» Knox says, "Alright, Posh I'll entrust you with the items and we'll met up later. Hey good pretext for the drink!"

Heading out around to the building, which actually isn't that far as it's in the DTC just a few turns southeast of BillyBob's building, Posh checks her weapons.

"I'm loaded up with gel, and I've got a pair of burner suppressed SMGs - they're big and clunky, but we're not getting spotted," she explains to Blackheart. "They aren't smartlinked up, normally, but that's all right. Either that, or you could take the XSGs," she says. "I'm thinking if we have any surprises with the Yaks, it'll be cybermonsters or drones," she says. "So I'm thinking EXEX. Just on a self defense basis. Do you have any quiet magic that can be used instead? Even a suppressed SMG will probably be heard from outside in this kinda situation, right?"

As the van approaches the area, the lights of the parked Lone Star cars out front can be seen reflected off nearby buildings. BillyBob's able to get close without entering LOS of the back door without incident, with Posh and Blackheart in his RV.

BillyBob fires up his pre-selected paint schemes and flips to the proper delivery truck model for CAS. His transponder library starts flipping. He finds a cup to use as a spittoon and clears out his mouth for a moment. "Yah well imma gunna pull up back," he says into the comms. He putters off thusly, up to the back.

"I've a few spells that should work on the down low, and my electroclub in case they get too wise," Blackheart says during the ride over. Slipping out of the van, she takes the lead, keeping her keen eyes scanning for any signs of trouble.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 3 3 4

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 4 5 7

Posh gives a smile. "All right," she says. "I've got guns in case things go seriously south," she says. "That should settle us well," she says. "All right," she says. "Billy, you going to do any sensor scouting for us, or do you want to have us scout ahead on foot?" she asks. "I figured you've got the IVIS master unit available," she says. "And I hooked up the Battletac master unit to your van. How about you take tactical control on this one?" she asks.

«CYBERLINK-POSH» Don't worry, Blackheart. Billy knows what he's doing.

BillyBob grunts. He goes ahead and deploys his Strato-9 drone, since the Star is here. It'll look just like one of theirs! He does a sensor scan as it pops out of the top of his delivery truck.

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls 5 + 3:
1 1 1 2 2 3 5 10

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Small Unit Tactics (Vehicle Tactics):
1 1 1 5 5

The Strato-9 rises up and paints a picture those cyberlinked can see as well quite easily: there is a door at the back, and a camera above it. It looks metal but not reinforced, and there are also two windows on the upper level. Nobody is visible in the windows.

It looks like the range of the camera is such that it pretty much only sees anyone directly approaching the door.

Posh glances at Blackheart. "Well, it looks like there's a camera at the back door. But, I suppose, Knox gave us a glasscutter and I can deal with anything electronic, if you float me up first," she says.

BillyBob's sensors had discovered that it looked like there was an alarm system on both of the windows.

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 vs TN 2:
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 7 10 11 = 7 Successes

"Copy that," Blackheart says as she skulks invisibly up to the building. She gets her club out and hefts it a little bit, waiting for Posh to get close. "Okay, this might feel weird," she warns, forgetting if she's levitated Posh ever before. Concentrating a bit, she begins to lift the elf up to the second story window

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 5 for "Levitate F4,":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 7 7 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 5 vs TN 4 for "soaking M drain, need 4, power focus":
1 2 2 2 2 2 5 5 5 7 11 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 4 4 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 1:
3

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Intelligence + 1 for "karma pool 1/6":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 for "Glasscutter":
1 1 2 4 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics B/R + 1:
3 3 3 4 4 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics + 1 for "task pool, built in microtronics tool kit":
1 2 2 2 3 4 7

Posh takes a crack at the alarm system of the left window, first opening up a small hole with the glasscutters and then slipping her arm in slowly…slowly…and then starting to work on the housing of the material with her built-in tool laser, with precise little cuttings. She then interfaces from her middle finger directly into the electronics, seeking to crunch the needed codes that would ordinarily be sent by the correct fob to the window alarm.

So defeated, Posh slides the window open and slips into the room, which appears to be a rather nondescript bedroom. Both Blackheart and BillyBob see exactly this view - TV, bed, basic dresser, a closed door leading to the hallway.

«All right, Blackheart. You next. Billy, we'll be diving out of this window. Maybe drive as close as possible without getting in the camera's view? It'll be a much shorter hop onto the top»

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for " Driving":
1 1 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 11 = 8 Successes

BillyBob powers up the diesel engine and creeps his RV-turned-delivery-truck up to the proper window, glancing at his Strato-9's overhead view of the situation as he angles in without getting in view of the backdoor camera.

Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « Roger dodger I'm on dat codger. »

Blackheart floats up behind Posh after the burglar is deposited inside the window. Landing light as a feather, she looks about the room. "How big is this case, again?" she wonders, listening to the racket next door, there's a heavy bass boom as a flashbang goes off inside. "Sounds like the star's really getting warmed up.."

Commlink-Posh> Posh sends, « Codger? »

Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « I'm under the fuckin' window ok »

"I think that means they must be going pretty heavy in response to executing that warrant Knox set up," says Posh. "Hopefully most of the building's security is taken up. Right. Can you…go out of view again and cover me? I'll take point, I'll need to, to handle any locks. At least this one should open from the inside up here," she says. "I think there's another bedroom across the hallway. If it wasn't in here, it's probably in there. Unlikely they'd keep it in the first floor," she says. "Let's do this."

Posh heads for the door, and tries to open it, as stealthily as possible.

From the reflections in the windows and the sounds of people arguing and discussing outdoors, it seems like they're trying to argue the warrant that will no doubt be executed soon. There's even a loudspeaker boom. A couple of local tough guys, a few tattoos, maybe doing a little private security work seem to get down. But given the way it seems that the cops are dawdling outside, just as planned, there's time to get stuff done.

«All right» transmits Posh on the cyberlink, her transducer plugged into her datajack. «Let's check the other room»

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Stealth:
1 2 3 4 5 10 10

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Electronics + 1 vs TN 6 for "Bedroom lock lock":
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 8 for "Knox's Sequencer":
1 2 2 2 4 5 7 9

Blackheart's still invisible, and she nods her head, "I'll keep you covered," she says as she creeps along behind Posh, quiet as a mouse. She slips into a position near the stairs, her stun baton at the ready, not trusting the cops to stay away should gunplay ensue.

The door swings open, revealing a sunglassed, tough looking Japanese man, sitting in a chair facing the door. A large bag sits next to him on the floor. This is obviously a professional assigned to protect the shipment.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 for "CyberNinja's willpower":
1 1 2 3 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 3 for "+11 CyberNinja":
1 8 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.

«Init Tracker» Posh (#11342) has set CyberNinja's init to 24.

============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Posh……………………… 28 18 8 — —
CyberNinja………………… 24 14 4 — —
Blackheart………………… 22 12 2 — —


«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + 4 vs TN 4 for "Close Combat.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 17 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + 4 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Close Combat. KP 1":
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "Posh has spent 3/6 KP"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat vs TN 4 for "Offhand comp roll":
1 4 4 5 5 7 9 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "Total 8 successes for Posh"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 4 vs TN 4 for "Cyberninja Counter":
1 1 1 3 3 4 4 5 7 17 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 4 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Cyberninja Counter KP 1/6":
1 1 4 5 7 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Cyberninja Counter Offhand":
3 3 4 5 5 19 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "10 Successes."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body vs TN 5 for "Soaking 10S 5 Impact":
1 1 3 3 3 3 5 5 8 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body - 3 vs TN 5 for "Soaking 10S 5 Impact KP 4/6":
1 1 2 2 3 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "Soaked to M. With Trauma damper, Posh takes 2 Light Physical and 1 Light Stun."

A pair of cyberspurs snip out of the man's forearms, from under his suit jacket, as he is quickly up to counter Posh directly, a man clearly experienced with years of combat. He says nothing at all. It is clearly his mission to defend this shipment of electronics for the pet gangs of the Yakuza, and he will fight to accomplish it.

He manages to silently graze Posh in a sudden desperate interplay of fist and cyberspur.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 4 for "Vs Posh":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 7 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 3 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Vs Posh KP 2/6":
1 1 2 2 4 5 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 + 3 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Vs Posh KP 4/6":
2 3 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 4:
1 3 4 4 4 4 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "Total 9 successes."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + 4 vs TN 5 for "Counter, all combat pool, -1 wound penalties":
2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat + 4 - 3 vs TN 5 for "Counter, all combat pool, -1 wound penalties KP 5/6":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat vs TN 5 for "Off hand":
1 2 3 4 5 5 8 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "6 total successes vs 9 on counter. 10S, 3 successes."

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body vs TN 5 for "Soaking 10S 3 successes":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Body - 2 vs TN 5 for "Soaking 10S 3 successes KP 6/6":
3 4 5 5 5 10 11 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 6 vs TN 7 for "Manabolt F6 S, power focus":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 6 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Manabolt F6 M, power focus KP 1":
1 1 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 10 14 15 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 4 vs TN 3 for "Soaking S drain need 6 to full soak.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Blackheart says, "TN is 7, only 3 successes"
«Plot» Blackheart says, "4 total"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 6 for "Willpower, extra karma dice KP 5/6":
3 4 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Willpower, extra karma dice KP 6/6 reroll":
2 4 4 19 = 1 Success

«Plot» Blackheart says, "TN is 7, only 3 successes"
«Plot» Blackheart says, "4 total"

«OOC» Blackheart says, "he needs 4 sixes to not get a killer headache"

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 6 for "Willpower, extra karma dice KP 5/6":
3 4 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Willpower, extra karma dice KP 6/6 reroll":
2 4 4 19 = 1 Success

Seeing the cyberninja beating the crap out of the team's heavy, Blackheart shrinks back with her electroclub, "Jesus, that guy's going to kick our asses!" she grimaces, and uses the wand strapped to her wrist to aid her in blasting the cyberninja with a bolt of psychic energies that would fell any lesser man, but clearly, this cyberninja is trained by a master, and has an iron will, likely from spending countless mornings beneath an icy cold waterfall while reciting haikus about cherry blossoms. Her powerful blast doesn't kill him, but leaves him with the trademark nosebleed of someone who's been psionically attacked!

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls Pentjak-Silat vs TN 5 for "Vs CyberNinja":
3 3 4 4 5 5 10 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 7 for "Cyberninja counter vs Posh":
1 1 1 2 4 13 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Soaking Posh 7M":
1 2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Posh says, "He takes M and…"
«Watchfor» Onigumo (#6532) just connected to the game.

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Soaking Shock Hand Stun":
1 1 3 4 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Posh says, "S Stun. Hee's got like -5 total of penalties and is now slowed to 20 init. You're up, Blackheart."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Clubs vs TN 3 for "Electroclubbing! Base 10S stun damage. Close combat ability":
2 4 9 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Clubs vs TN 3 for "Electroclubbing! Base 10S stun damage. Close combat ability":
2 4 9 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Counter, pain":
1 4 4 5 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Offhand counter":
2 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Posh (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Soaking":
1 2 3 4 13 = 1 Success

Watching the cyberninja reel back in pain, Blackheart's spirits rise as Posh socks him one right in the kisser. Then, proving that honour is indeed dead, she dashes up, winding up with her jupiter stun baton like she was stepping up to the plate in a home run derby, she swings and clips the ninja on the back of the melon, an electric arc of energy crackling loudly as it makes contact! BZZZZZZT!

Blackheart's sudden unexpected assault to take advantage of her spell is too much for the man, who had been dazed by Posh's shock weapon. It turns out that the power of ELECTRICITY rules the day, as Blackheart's Jupiter smashes most heavily into the accomplished cyberninja, dashing her to the ground.

"I think that's the comms gear we were after," says Posh, immediately going into searching mode on the man. "Nothing else other than this Smartgun and this credstick," she says. "And a picture. Let's take this stuff and get the hell out of here," she says. "Can you clean up the magic and stuff?" she asks, moving to secure the gear. The arguing seems to get louder outside as a cop strolls lazily up to the door - it seems like there won't be more than another minute or so, while he looks back and argues further with the proprietor outside.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 6 for "Sterilize, R4, 6m radius.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5 7 11 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 5 - 3 vs TN 6 for "KP2 for sterilizing posh's blood from the scene":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 5 15 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower + 5 vs TN 3 for "soaking M drain, need 4!":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 9 14 = 5 Successes

Blackheart tucks her club back into its loop on her belt and whips off a quick sterilization spell to get rid of any hair or blood that might have been traded in the quick battle. "Don't have nything for the magic, but I can get rid of your blood," she says, scooping up her portion of the loot before they head back to the window. "Okay, let's GTFO!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 10 vs TN 9 for "Treat R6 power focus":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "soaking M drain, need 4!":
1 1 2 3 3 3 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 10 vs TN 9 for "Treat R6 power focus KP 3":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 8 8 9 15 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Blackheart (#12120) rolls Sorcery + 10 - 2 vs TN 9 for "Treat R6 power focus KP 5":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 7 8 8 9 21 = 2 Successes

Blackheart nods her head, "Sure thing," she says, "Hold still," she directs as the van takes off through the alleys and streets. Looking over the cuts and bruises, the mage waves her magic wand draws her fingertip over the slashes, leaving the skin healed good as new in its wake. "Can't do anything about the headache, I'm afraid, I guess that's your penance for leading with your chin," she winks.

«Plot» Posh says, "BillyBob: Sensor Test. TN 6."

"All right, gals, we're out of here. Looks like that lawyer guy came through on dem cops!"

Posh shakes her head and chuckles at BillyBob. "All right," she says, "Let's make this delivery off at Trevor and head back to the estate. I could use a good rest up after that one."

The drop is not directly to Trevor, of course, but rather a quiet drive up to a nondescript warehouse near Jinwei Imports, a handshake, a nod, a few words of Cantonese, and a goodbye.

"Well. We're alive after that one, Blackheart. I wonder if we can find if the Yakuza are bringing in any outside talent. That guy was…something else. And he's probably not too happy I've got his picture and credstick. Wonder if that was a target of some sort." She glances. "Wow. Fifty grand. Certified. That's a nice split for the four of us, I'd say." She grins. "Let's get this cashed too. Before he cancels it. And let's see what this photo has to do with a stick like this."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License