Log: The Greenhorns

GM: IronFist
Players: Hot-Wire, IronFist(Companion)
Synopsis: Two green Runners are hired to retrieve some cargo
Date: 09/09/2076


«Plot» IronFist says, "*"

The Sweet City of Denver, the Sweet City of Oppurtunities, as a call goes out to a pair of Runners about meeting with a Ganger belonging to the Royals. The meet is set up to occur in Heather Gardens and mentions looking for an Elf with a electric blue Mohawk. The location is Denver's Warrens area, specifically known for it's gang wars and dangerous lifestyle. Ghouls, Gangers, Whores, Beatle Heads, and any other Runner looking to make some Nuyen can be found here. The fixers mention showing up for 7pm, after nomnom time.

Luckily enough, the dwarf rigger Hot-Wire lives right down the road near the Rez, so he actually manages to finish dinner at a reasonable time, too. He dresses in mostly full gear, deciding to leave the helmet in the RV. The RV is also going to the meet, since it's big, armored, and Hot-Wire doesn't much like driving without a few centimeters of steel around him when in the Warrens. He keeps an eye out for the meet, taking special notice of hair-styles.

The man known as IronFist wasn't too far as well, as he was enjoying a work out at the Bare Knuckle when he got the call. It gave him plenty time to finish his routine, shower, and gear up for the meet. As this was the Warrens, the chinaman wore thick black clothing, and a large pocket filled raincoat that hung down near his calves. The upperhalf of his face was bound in a black bandana with holes punched in it for his viewing pleasure. Over his shoulder is slung a case similar to that of a one carrying a pool cue though 3 javelins seem to be sticking out of it. And like the Dwarf, he's looking for some crazy blue hair to identify this gangly Johnson.

The two will soon find the Elf in question, decked out in Royals color of red and gold and sporting a King's Crown crest on it's breast, with the letters HGR sewn in beneath it. He was tall, large, and had a bit of belly fat sticking out over his belt. His head was completely bald escept for that tall electric blue Mohawk sticking out, and seemed to be missing on of his tusks. There was a group of men in similar colors nearby, probably the back up incase something went wrong. He was currently smoking a huge cigar while resting his back on a wall belonging to The Court.

«Plot» IronFist says, "OH SHIT Completely forgot. CONSENT YOU HEATHEN!"
«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "I consent, yo."
«Plot» IronFist says, "And IF is a companion!"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Ok official shit declared, woot."

Hot-Wire parks his RV about a block away and sets up his security system (Steel Lynx with an LMG.) before slicking his hair back and lighting a cigarette. He walks down the street in a way that suggests he is a Dwarf, that he knows the jokes, and that most people don't seem to tell them twice. Slowing as he reaches the group, he nods to the Elf. "Evenin'. You Johnson?"

Fang arrives almost at the same as the Dwarf, nodding in approval to the question as he looks side to side and momentarily fixing his gaze on the gang near by. Then back to the elf sporting the crazy hairdo.

The elf nods to the two men that just arrived. Upon further inspection these guys were wearing some really good gear on them, Fashion lined cloaks, plated armor, tricked out guns, obvious chrome that looked new rather than second rate recycled. "Yeah that's me.. Or rather us. We have a job for you, should you be interested. See, we're more or less the doorman here, our money is good with what we make off the top of Smugglers. One of these groups has been very active with us until recently… We have stopped seeing them here.. And we know they're still active. That shit don't work. They're trying to skip out on our payment and probably using some other route."

Hot-Wire shakes his head, tsking. "It's a shame, in't it? I hate to see people like that taking money out of your pockets. I mean, you rule the roost, you might as well get extra feed, right?" He sighs and then takes a deep drag of his cigarette. "You want us to find the route, the goods, or the guys?" A quick glance at Fang, and then, "I'm guessing all three?"

"That pretty much sums it up. We want this routes location, and to teach them a lesson we want to hijack their entire cargo they plan to ship. If these guys end up dead, I ain't gonna mourn them. If they don't however, we don't want them coming back here and trying shit. Last thing we need is some gang war." The elf says, looking between the two. "Think ya can pull this off?"

Hot-Wire nods his cheerful nod and holds up a hand. "Oh, I think we can do it. A couple questions first: Any idea what they're carrying? If it's explosive or such it'll change muh plans a bit. And what sort of payout are we looking at here?" He looks to IronFist. "I'm sorry, chum, I've been rude. I'm sure you have pertinent questions to add."

IronFist waves off the rudeness like it ain't no thang, but he does pipe up with a question. "Which gang are we targetting here?" The rest of his questions were already asked by the Dwarf.

The blue haired Elf listens to the two before answering. "This group works for The Lichlords. Some dreks who like to wear all black and make themselves look like fucking vampires and shit. They like to harvest from the killed if you get my drift. Liver, lungs, spleen, Smartlink's, chromed arm, weapons.. Whatever they can salvage on who they prey. Don't mistake their shitty tastes for weakness though, these guys are pretty serious."

"If you pull this off, you'll be earning yourselves a nice Ten Thousand big ones each."
Hot-Wire perks up a bit at the sound of possible tech. "Could be some interesting stuff in there. I tell ya what, if I find something shiny I like that's ten kays or less, how about I take that in lieu of payment? I'll run it by ya first."

"We'll see when it's all said and done. We Royals reward on success, we don't sweet talk until everything is settled." The elf answers.
Hot-Wire shrugs. "Fair enough. Any other info we can go on?"

"That's all we got to give. Rest is up to you Omae, we're paying you for a reason."
Hot-Wire says "Got me there, chum. Alright. How you want us to get in touch, then?"
The elf takes out a small torn piece of paper and hands it over to the Dwarf. "That's the address to one of our garages. Bring the goods there without being tailed. I have business there to attend to myself, so I'll wait for you there and we'll settle payment in the same location."

You say "Sounds reasonable and doable. I'm down for this."

Hot-Wire says "Awesome, you can ride shotgun with me. We'll be taking the Bison." He tucks the slip of paper into his inside coat pocket and gives a two finger salute to the Royals. "See you soon!""

IronFist nods. "Works with me, looks like a fun thing to ride in." Fang adds as he moves off with the Dwarf. "Alright, so how do you wanna go about this?"

Hot-Wire says "Well, we got one thing to go on right now and that's the Necros. Should probably find them, either follow 'em to the shipment, or beat it out of 'em." As he reaches the RV he holds up a hand to IronFist. "Just one sec, gotta take care of the security features." He opens the door and gives the Lynx the thumbs up, the sign to back down. A large machine gun is mounted to a turret on the drone, well oiled and ready for firing. "Alright, we're good. Grab a bucket seat, there's soy-roni and a microwave if you're hungry.""

The RV is pretty nice. It's a bit scuffed on the outside, but the inside is well organized. A make-shift repair area is set aside for drones, and three mini-blimps, sleek and matte-black, hang from their drone racks. The only bad thing is the smell, if you are the sort who hates cigarettes, machine oil, and soy-roni.

You say "Looking for these Lich Lords could work. But didn't he say this group worked for them? THey might not fit the standard gothy vampire look.. ."
IronFist rubs his chin. "How about their MO?"

Hot-Wire says "They're scavengers, really. I doubt they just jump random strangers. Probably could check warehouses and chop shops, both organic and vehicle."

You say "That's true, they'd definately need some place a little more private to extract the good they want.. Human cargo or people vanishing in certain areas might not go unnoticed too."

Hot-Wire hmms as he starts up the Bison and pulls it back onto the road. "So we're looking for a place without a really strong gang presence, a good area to work in, and nearby places to hit… The Rez?"
Hot-Wire says "God, I hope not. I live there."

IronFist laughs at that. "Could be though, that's the thing.. Or they made allies somewhere…Or somewhere where a weaker gang resides they can bully. I may be able to hit up the street see if I can dig up some juicy rumors."

Hot-Wire nods as he drives, his chrome eyes scanning for the Warren's version of traffick: ambushes. "Works for me. I don't know many people on the street level, at least not here in the Warrens."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Street Rumors vs TN 6:
2 4 7 11 = 2 Successes

With the phone on speaker mode, the two hear a man's response to Iron Fist's questioning about. "The Lichlords?? You mean those guys who work out of Tinker Town? Yeah I heard about some folks going missing, runners dissapearing..I heard something about Mission Hills. Doing this right under Red Glitter's nose and no one knowing about it."
Hot-Wire shakes his head. "The taggers? No wonder they moved in, what were they gonna do, paint a mural on their van?" He shrugs. "Alright, we got us a place to look. It's small enough that I can use the blimps." He motions to them on their racks. "Haven't gotten to try out their new sensors in field yet. Thermos."

"I like that. Gives us a good view of the area. Now we just gotta find some place that would see less activity from the Taggers..Any idea?" Fang rubs his chin as he thinks.
Hot-Wire says "Well, they're artists, yeah? So they probably like their stuff on display. I'd guess anywhere that wasn't a suitable canvass, but with those guys they'd mark a troll if he sat still long enough. Somewhere they'd never go…""

You say "Maybe somewhere considered too dangerous?"

Hot-Wire says "Well, there's the Sinners' turf. I bet they give them a wide berth. But, your guy said they were operating under the Glitter's noses, which means their own turf… Wouldn't be in the sewers, hard to get a truck in and out. Dangerous… I dunno, man.""

Hot-Wire says "They got like a dangerous chemical plant, or electric hub, or somethin'?"

You say "Hmm, I don't think so… Let's get there, see what we can find out. Send a blimp up and do some scouting.."

Hot-Wire heads up towards Mission Hills, the behemoth Bison looking like something out of the old Road Warrior films. Once they've gotten to a decent spot, out of the way but not in such a stupid position as to be called 'cornered,' he spins his chair around to face his work area. He plugs into his deck an leans back in his chair. With a quiet whirring noise the engines on the blimps wake up. POP goes the drone rack's lids as the derigibles lift off. "I'll stick in Captain's Chair for now." He relays through the AV link on his deck. "If I see something interesting, I'll rig directly. This way I've got three pairs of eyes, instead of just the one." He sends each drone in a separate direction, creating a circular perimeter 4 KM across with the RV at the center, each drone going through the same route in case one misses anyhting.

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Drones have 100x Mag, dunno if that'll help any."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Thermo as well."

Mission Hills is a total shit hole. Infact, getting into the center is impossible since burnt out cars and the like litter the street and make vehicle travel through it rather impossible. It's known for it's general debauchery with the local titty bar owned by the Sinners, a pit-fighting arena, and of course Warrren's favored residential block, The Crank. Corner whores, BTL dealers and ganger's getting their johnson's some attention by a poor slot are much too common.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls 3 for "Level 3 pilot on these guys.":
3 3 9

As Hot-Wire scans the area about with his blimps he'll notice all of the above mentioned. Though Mission Hill's center of activity was really where the titty bar was. Outside this area of activity however life becomes a little more scarce. Occasional scurries of people hurrying from one place to another..And then. A pack. These didn't look much like humans however, they were haunched over and walking about a little funny. Infront of them? A pile of something, on which two of the pack creatures seem to be standing on.

Hot-Wire says "I think we got 'em. I'm seeing what looks like ghouls or something in a pack and they've got a pile of something. Hopefully it's a pile of credits, and not what I think it is. I'm gonna send jump in directly to get a better look." As good as his word, the three camera views morph into just one. "Blimps are weird. I feel like a hotdog.." The blimp drifts closer to this pack of creatures, trying to get a better look at the pile."

Whatever this pile once was, now it's a mess of oddly limbed things sticking out here and there. The two ghouls ontop of it seem to be doing something to it, maybe digging through until conflict seems to erupt between the two. The other 4 are at the bottom of the pile and seem to be foraging at the base.

IronFist laughs at that comment. "Like a hot dog? Please do tell how feeling like a hot dog is, I'm rather curious on that one." The masked vigilante grins. "Ghouls..? Ugh.. "

Hot-Wire keeps a healthy altitude above the pack, staying in the shadows of a building if he can. "All squashed together, like you're in a casing." His voice is a bit modulated through the speakers, but he sounds jovial enough. "Looks like they've got food, but they're going at it like they're picking bits out. Could be our suppliers. I can stick this blimp here and let it watch them. Or we can get in close and personal and ask… pertinent questions. It's up to you, really, I try not to get close enough to touch during these things."

"Yeah no.. Let's try not to touch those if we can avoid them. But I doubt that's the front.. ..entrance or exit or whatever..That could be a lure though." Fang says as he thinks about it. "Ghouls are rarely silent, could scare people nearby and keep the ghouls nearby as well."

Hot-Wire says "If it's their trash pile then they're probably nearby. Might be using the ghouls as protection, too. I'll leave this blimp here and stick the other two on patrol again, see if we can't find our prey."

You say "Don't think anyone would stick outside with those things nearby.. We may have to go look ourselves for this."

«Plot» IronFist says, "For clarification, if EVER needed. I don't treat with the virus as per book rules. I somewhat mix the house rules and the book rules. Getting a light wound inflicted on you is a body 4 roll, a Medium is 5, and a Serious wound is 7. My logical take on this is the bigger the cut, the more the risk."

Hot-Wire says "I suppose you're right…" He leaves the one drone near the ghouls, puts the others on patrol again, and pops back into his meaty, meaty body. He stretches for a moment and then hops to his feet. "Probably in one of those abandoned buildings, near enough to feed the ghouls, but far enough to not need to worry about 'em.""

«Plot» IronFist says, "7 being the book rules, Essence+2, and the 4 being only Essence-1, house rules allowing a -2. I find TN 3 to resist an infectious ghoul to be kinda silly."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Also, please roll a perception roll. As you have view, you may be able to locate a building that might suit your desired specifications."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls 3 for "Drones, do they spot a building I could start at?":
1 2 4

«Plot» IronFist says, "Indeed, not much.. Is that a cat? .."

Hot-Wire leaves the drones to their routines and steps out of the vehicle, sliding his SMG and pistol into their respective spots in his coat. He pops his helmet onto his head and gives a faceless nod to IronFist. "Shall we?"

Once the pair sets off, there will be a slight walk to reach the near ghoul area. Once nearby they find themselves on a car littered street, as Mission Hills was famous for having hard vehicle travel, and going through it was impossible. To their right lies an alley filled with trash bags and various litter and this leads down near the ghouls where they feast upon their pile in a partially fenced off area on the right of the alley. Down the street other paths are perhaps available, and to their left another alley that's car riddled.
«OOC» IronFist says, "Perhaps."

"Let's." The masked Chinaman replies as he picks up his pool cue-stick container, converted into a javelin holster that can fit up to three of them, and slings it onto his shoulder as they make their way out. Immediately, a long bladed Cougar fineblade is taken out of it's sheath and held in his right, while left reaches into his jacket and takes a throwing knife, holding it by the blade.

Hot-Wire pulls a black box from his long coat and flicks it on. "Scanner. It'll only pickup nearby transmissions, but if we see one where there shouldn't be, it may help. For now, I'll leave it on passive. That'll just tell us if it finds a transmission, but not what kind or where." He'll keep an eye on it as they walk. "Let's check this alley." He motions to the second car filled alley. "Actually, wait up a second." Things get shuffled around. His deck comes out momentarily and he sends another command to one of his blimps, having it tail himself and watch their backs. Another shuffling and he's resituated, scanner in one hand, other hand on his SMG. "Alright." Looking around as he moves, Hot-Wire climbs over a half-burnt wreck at the mouth of the alley.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "Hot-Wire's perception powers!":
1 2 2 3 4 7

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "I have Thermo, Vision Mag, and Flare Comp on my eyes, for future reference. And Smartlink-1"

IronFist follows the Dwarf about, heading down the alley with him and looking about, though every once in a while looking at their backs to make sure nothing funky is coming or happening. This was not a cool place, but he had to keep his cool. Can't be an awesome rich retribution handing to the bad guys masked crazy adept if you can't keep your cool.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence for "Looking for things!":
1 1 2 2 8
«OOC» IronFist almost failed with his -eyes-

The alley watchers come to a same conclusion, that alley was a total dump. Impassable. Trying to smuggle something out of there would be way too unlikely.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "Dun Dun Dunnnn?!":
2

Hot-Wire shakes his head and looks over at IronFist. "This ain't the way. Let's check on the other side of the street." he says quietly, picking his way back through the alley.

IronFist nods. "Yeah, I don't think they can squeeze a car through here.. Maybe a bike, but you don't smuggle much with those." The chinaman follows his Dwarven partner back into the street. "So you wanna try the other side of this alley, or check down the street?" He jerks a thumb sideways, the opposite way of where they come from.

Hot-Wire points towards the opposite side of the street. "Let's check the other side. Might as well be thorough." His stubby fingers flip the collar up on his coat, not so much against the temperature, but the feeling that something is watching him. Something other than his mini-blimp, anyway. "Not used to be on a run… in-person."
Hot-Wire mutters: "Not since Berlin, anyway.."

"It helps that it's quiet though, easier to hear things coming if they do." IronFist says reassuringly as he heads down the street with the Dwarf. "This place is a total shit hole, we have to be thorough, anything can hide something…"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "?!":
4
«Plot» IronFist says, "And it begins."
«Plot» IronFist says, "For your own amusement.. 1-3 was nothing, 4-6 shit happens."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 for "Something sneakysneaky":
1 3 4 5 8
«Plot» IronFist says, "Please roll your perception against a TN of 8."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Uh ohs, did I see it?":
2 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "My eyes failed me once…No more!":
2 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls 3 vs TN 9 for "What about my drone, eh?":
1 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Please roll for Surprise. :)"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Surprise?":
1 1 3 4 4 5 7 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 10 19 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Something's surprise test!":
2 3 4 8 = 2 Successes

A faint growl is heard a little to the left, a hairless figure dressed in rags was apparently trying to make it's way silently to the duo. It's skin a rough hide-like replacement and of course..Those long claw-like fingers. It's already poised to strike with a wide open mouth, salivating already at the possible feast before it. It's white eyes only adding to the WTF factor while it's nostrils flair the air on the scent of two fresh meatbags for the taking.

«Plot» IronFist says, "And now you roll Init."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Initiative with a result of 14.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Initiative with a result of 15.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+4, Ghoul Init.":
4
«Plot» IronFist says, "Init Order. IronFist 15, Hot-Wire at 14, and the Ghoul at 4."
«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Approximate distance to the ghoul is considered Melee range, as it did get the sneak on you, just gave itself away at the very end."
«Plot» IronFist says, "And as such, Ironfist will react with the throwing knife in one hand, cougar fine blade will be kept as defense."
«Plot» IronFist says, "He will use his first Simple to take aim. His second to throw."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Throwing Weapons + 4 vs TN 5 for "Base TN 4 for short range. -1 for Taking Aim. +2 for Attacker being in Melee. CP:4":
1 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 9 23 = 5 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist will stand on 5."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Weapon is throwing knife Str L. Due to Power Throw and Missle mastery, it is considered Str+4L."
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) has the Attribute Strength with the value '6 (8)'.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Ghoul's initial dodge attempt":
1 2 2 2 3 4 9 = 2 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Ghoul's initial dodge attempt KP1 since this is where he would normally use it.":
1 2 5 5 8 14 = 4 Successes

As soon as something freaky is heard near them, IronFist quickly turns around, his left hand raising and quickly flinging forward the small throwing knife towards the ghoul. The blade doing a direct route straight to the ghoul who however twists it's hideous body to let the blade go by.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Hot-Wire."
«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Hot-Wire doesn't have a silenced weapon, so he is going to fall back on brawl skill and attempt to give the ghoul a good kicking with his plastic bones."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Right on, do roll. Keep in mind you have an additional friend in melee with you."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Big ol' kick to the general knee area. Friend in melee -1, Reach 0, CP:4.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Bone lacing, Base is STR+2(M)"
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) has the Attribute Strength with the value '4'.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Ghoul Combat. CP7/7, KP1/4. +1 for additional friend in melee":
3 3 9 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 - 2 vs TN 5 for "Ghoul Combat. CP7/7, KP2/4. +1 for additional friend in melee":
1 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 - 2 vs TN 5 for "Ghoul Combat. CP7/7, KP4/4. +1 for additional friend in melee":
2 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "So…6 with the bone lacing right?"
«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Yep, 6M"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 6 for "Ghoul Body 7, wearing rags. Need four successes, no more CP or KP.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul takes M."

The dwarf, who only ducks under the flying knife from habit, not from any sense of danger, doesn't think that a gunfight's called for here. Instead he decides to lash out at the ghoul with his heavy Doc Martens, landing a wicked blow to thing's thigh, but not the kneecap like he had intended.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Mr. Ghoul at 8. I said 4 but I lied. And it don't change anything."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "Evens Hot-Wire, Odds IronFist.":
3
«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul will attack IronFist."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul Combat, +2 Wound mod. Pools exhausted. +1 Additional enemy in melee":
1 2 8 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons vs TN 3 for "Still have that fine cougar blade in hand! Ambidexteriy 6, no penalty for using a single weapon in an off hand. -1 for friend in melee.":
1 3 4 9 9 = 4 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist wields a Dikoted Fine Cougarblade (Long). Which is base Str+2 S. With two net successes this makes it 10D"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 12 for "Ghoul Body 7, +2 wound mod. May die here.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 11 = 0 Successes

The ghoul seems to lower itself on the kicked leg as it's footing falters a bit from the blow, causing it to screach out in pain. Having no sense of sight whatsoever it simply lashes out onto the first victim that it finds, this being IronFist. A clawed hand going for wide-swipe, which is avoided by the chinaman as he arches his body back with a stepback and lets the infected hand swoosh by innocently. As this left the Ghoul wide open, IronFist quickly replies by coming forth and planting his blade down Psycho style straight into the Ghoul's head to shut it up immediately.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Something something!":
1 2 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Something something! x2":
2 3 5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "?! 1":
1 1 3 5 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "?! 2":
2 3 4 5 9 = 3 Successes

«OOC» IronFist says, "Another surprise test if you will."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Will it surprise me?":
2 2 2 4 4 9 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 11 = 4 Successes

As the two finish off with the first ghoul, it seems it's wounded screach has awakened something nearby. Stirrings heard in same basement entryway the first ghoul came from, two more coming to light as they sniff the air and screech as the scent of intruders, and possibly to avenge a fallen brethen. Ghouls were relatively smart afterall. The first one leaps out, the second standing at the top of the stairs and screaching out to the sky, Tonight, we dine in hell!

«Plot» IronFist says, "And this is where you init again."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+4 Ghoul 1":
1

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+4 Ghoul 2":
10

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '6'.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghouls have a quickness of 5."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Init shall be IronFist 21, Hot-Wire 10, Ghoul 2 at 10, Ghoul 1 at 5."

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist."
«Plot» IronFist says, "For situational awareness, one Ghoul is 4 meters out. The other is 10 meters out by the stairs, partially covered."
«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist will ready a Throwing Knife as a simple action, and throw it with his next, still keeping the Cougar blade in defense."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Throwing Weapons + 4 vs TN 4 for "Throwing knife to Ghoul 1, the closest. 12L base damage.":
1 2 4 4 5 5 9 10 11 11 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 vs TN 9 for "Ghoul 1's Body 7, 7/7 CP, 3 Impact armor.":
1 1 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 - 1 vs TN 9 for "Ghoul 1's Body 7, 7/7 CP, 3 Impact armor. Kp1":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 - 2 vs TN 9 for "Ghoul 1's Body 7, 7/7 CP, 3 Impact armor. Kp3":
1 1 1 1 3 3 5 8 9 13 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "With 4 net successes, Ghoul 1 takes an S wound."

Without barely having time to get over their first encounter, the duo are locked into another fight with these infectuous creatures. Feeling a bit better now that there is some distance between them, he reaches into his overcoat of many pockets and withdraws another throwing blade, throwing it towrads this target. However unlike the last one who got dodged, this one strikes true to home and lands right into the center of the Ghoul's chest. Still not down, but that looks like a serious wound right there as evident by the painful snarl.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Hot-Wiah."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Okay, so newb colors showing. Melee fighting is a complex action, is there any sort of charge maneuver like in DND where I can move in and still attack? Or am I going to sacrifice an entire turn to do that?"
«OOC» IronFist says, "That entirely depends on your quickness."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Which is 6."
«OOC» IronFist says, "A character can walk up to his quickness in meters as a free action, however this imposes the walking modifier on your melee test. You can also run quickness x2 (since you're a dwarf, everyone else is 3) per combat. This is divided by the number of passes you have. So example, if you can run up to 24 meters in your combat turn, but have 3 passes, each turn in the current init you can run up to 8 meters."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "So I can walk up to the ghoul who's 4 meters away and attack him?"
«OOC» IronFist says, "Yep. Since you only have one pass, you can achieve your total distance in it."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Awesome."
«OOC» IronFist says, "+1 is the walking modifier."

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Hot-Wire is going to walk 4 meters to the closest Ghoul and give him another good whalloping with his Doc Martens, just how daddy taught him! +1 TN for walking"

«Plot» IronFist says, "Right on. This also happens to be the same ghoul that ate a blade."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "Base 6(M).":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul's melee, +3 wound mod":
2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul's Body. Base TN 4, +3 Serious wound mod. CP 7/7, KP 3/4":
1 1 1 4 5 5 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul's Body. Base TN 4, +3 Serious wound mod. CP 7/7, KP 4/4 No success needed.":
3 3 3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And you sir inflict 6M."

As soon as Hot-Wire sees the ghoul get hit in the chest he starts moving forward, fists clinched together tight. His dad's words filter back to him from over the years. "If you gotta fight, don't fight fair. You might lose some honor, whatever that's worth, but you'll be alive to fight again." Being a dwarf, he's rather short, so as the ghoul raises his head to the sky in a rage induced scream, Hot-Wire kicks him in the stomach as hard as he can. His foot is raised almost above his head, but his face is contorted in anger. "Just shut up and die, already!" But the ghoul still has a little kick left.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul 2 at 10!"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1:
9
«Plot» IronFist says, "That's technically an odd number, IronFist is target!"
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "I always thought 9s looks odd. They're like a four that got drunk."
«OOC» IronFist says, "Or a vampire 6."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Hehe."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Being 10 meters away, Ghoul will run towards Iron Fist. Ghoul has a Quickness of 5 and can thus run up to 15 meters and can easily cross the distance. However, a running modifier applies to it's crazy melee. BUTTTTT, it is also running right by the other Ghoul and Hot-Wire. If Hot-Wire so wishes it, he can attempt an interception to stop the ghoul in it's tracks, or just focus on the one that's left infront of him."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Keep in mind enemies in melee will count."

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "…Gonna let 'em pass."
<
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 10 for "Ghoul Combat 5, CP5/7 +4 running mod.":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 10 for "Ghoul Combat 5, CP5/7 +4 running mod. KP1":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 11 20 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 + 5 - 2 vs TN 10 for "Ghoul Combat 5, CP5/7 +4 running mod. KP3":
2 3 4 4 4 5 10 13 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul has no choice but to stand on 4 successes."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons + 3 vs TN 4 for "CP7/7":
1 3 4 4 8 9 10 13 = 6 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "2 Net successes in melee. 10D is the total damage."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 10 for "Ghoul Body 7, CP 7/7 KP3/4":
1 1 3 3 3 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Ghoul Body 7, CP 7/7 KP4/4":
2 3 5 5 8 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul takes an S."

«Plot» IronFist says, "New pass, Iron Fist will attack right away and pose it all in one big post."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons vs TN 4 for "Hyah! CP 7/7":
1 2 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul Combat, pools expired.":
1 1 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghoul has 1 net success, their Strength is 6."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) has the Armor Rating Impact with the value '0 (4)'.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Need 4 successes to fully soak.":
1 2 5 5 5 8 = 5 Successes

The ghoul at the stairs takes off forward, clawed arms flailing as it hones in on it's target through smell and hearing. As it reaches Iron Fist it quickly starts the encounter with wide downard right which is intercepted by the Chinaman's blade, allowing him a swift reply as he goes for the death blow by trying to split open the Ghoul's throat open only to have his enemy lean back just enough to get a nasty gash across it's collar rather than it's throat. With an angry shriek it replies instantly, it's clawed hand coming back towards IronFist only this time be barely has time to reply and reaches up with his forearm to intercept the claws on his armored forearm guard and keep them at bay from striking him for now.

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist on his final pass!"

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist will obviously take care of the ghoul infront of him, and possibly not fail this time. That would be awesome."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons vs TN 4 for "Combat, CP7/7, keeping Karma preciously.":
3 4 5 9 16 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul Combat, pools exhausted. +3 Serious Wound mod.":
1 1 9 10 16 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Iron Fist has 1 net Success, Ghoul has to soak 12S."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 13 for "Ghoul Body 7, Soaking 12S + 3 Wound mod. 2 impact armor.":
1 4 4 4 9 13 16 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Ghouls is at S+M, one box from death! New init pass, Combat Pools refreshed."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Initiative with a result of 22.
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Initiative with a result of 13.
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+1 now due to wound mod":
5
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+1 now due to wound mod":
5

«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist will proceeed with extreme prejudice and go for melee kill."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons + 5 vs TN 4 for "Please die. CP 5/7":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 9 = 4 Successes
«OOC» IronFist says, "…"
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul Combat 5, CP 5/7":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 17 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "3 net success, 2 staging it to D. Ghoul soaks the same thing."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 2 vs TN 13 for "Ghoul Body 7, Soaking 12S + 3 Wound mod. 2 impact armor. Pools Exhausted":
1 3 4 5 5 5 5 8 19 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "It's DEAD"

The chinaman uses his blade as a distraction, moving it from side to side before his body suddenly erupts into motion, one foot planting itself firmly on the ground and lunging him forward as he plants the blade dead center into the ghoul's chest, a palm at the back of hilt to make sure the blade travels right through it's victim and leaves a lifeless corpse to collapse on the ground once it's yanked out of the torso.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Hot WIAAH"

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Going for one more melee attack, gonna throw all my CP into it this time. I want some overkill."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Right on"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Roll 'em and weep 'em"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Take this you ugly bastard. Base 6 M, regular TN 4.":
3 4 4 4 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul Combat, CP5/7.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Huzzah!"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 2 vs TN 7 for "Ghoul throwing everything he has left to SURVIVE.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "You may pose death of poor friend."

«OOC» Dave says, "You guys plotting?"
«OOC» IronFist says, "Si"
«OOC» Dave says, "Carry on"
«OOC» IronFist says, "Excellent.."

Hot-Wire is sick of this Ghoul's shit. As it wavers before him, its claws flashing in front of his face, he crouches even lower than the normal dwarf height and launches himself at the ghoul's face, his knee rising mightily through the air like a rocket, placing itself firmly in the ghoul's nose. As the ghoul rockets backwards he lands with both hands on the ground, panting, having never done anything like that before. "Like I said. Just die."

After the screaches, the splurges of sharp weaponry in flesh, and the Dwarven beatdowns, there's silence at last.. For how long..? This was a good question, but for now, they could enjoy a little peace after having been engaged twice back to back by the ghouls who seemingly blind sided the two green Runners.

Hot-Wire leans against a nearby wall as he pants, wiping sweat and grit from his face. "That was… uhm… interesting. It's been a while since my last street brawl. Like a real long while." His hand, shaking from adrenaline, lights a cigarette and brings it to his lips. "Sorry if I let that one guy get away at yah. I knew you had him."

The Chinaman let's out a sigh of relief as he examines himself over, making sure nothing made went through his armor or clothing and may have gone unnoticed in the adrenaline. "Don't worry me about me bro, sent that drek back to where it belongs. WHat about you..? YOu okay? It touch you?" He leans down to wipe the blood on his blade off on the Ghoul's own rags. Once down he proceeds to take out the two throwing knives in the previous one. CLeaning them as well.

Hot-Wire shakes his head as he looks back to Fist. "Never touched me, somehow. Just lucky, I guess." He shrugs, hands coming back into control. He scrapes the cigarette on a wall. "Should we see where they came from, or is that just gonna be a fuckin' den?"

You say "…I am NOT going in there."

Hot-Wire says "Was hoping you'd say that. Shall we check this alley now?" He almost laughs. Seems like a day ago, but the fight only lasted about a minute and a half."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Well, you guys DID come here with intent on checking the place out.. You don't want ot check out the rest of the street?"

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "I guess so. We managed so far."
«OOC» Dave says, "Who is GMing this?"
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Fist is."
«OOC» Dave says, "Fist, give a summary pose real quick."
«OOC» IronFist salutes.

On the last Episode of Dragonball Z, Goku and the gang had been hired by the Royals to look for a group of smugglers who supply The Lichlords in parts (Cyber, organ, weps, recycled stuff) who have been recently avoiding Royal smuggling points and thus the gang missing out on it's sweet cut it gets from merch. They hired the runners to locate the route they use and report it, as well as find their next shipment and steal it. Rumors led the group to Mission Hills, and upon investigations in the alleys to find the hidden Chop Chop Shop where these things are being harvested.

"Yeah that might be a good idea to go check out that other alley.. Atleast we KNOW a pack is there, we could avoid 'em while we look around. Don't think any good will be around here..It might just all be filled with those things man. I say so long as their ain't no fraggin' garage door, we ain't touching it." IronFist, who's currently dappered like a masked Vigilante, adds.
You paged Kaelyn with 'Hey what's up.'.

The small rigger nods in agreement. "Agreed. Uhm, if we encounter more than two at once, I'm sorry, but I'm pulling out my gun. Silencer or no silencer. I haven't fought like that since I was a teenager." He shudders a bit, remembering his days in Berlin. "At least I don't have to worry about these guys having family." He says quietly. "Anyway.." He moves off down the street.

"Yeah I think it might be time to not take things lightly bro… That's hell of an idea." The masked Iron Fist thumbs up towards the dwarf. He puts the two throwing knives away after cleaning them and this time he reaches back to pull one of three javelin's at his back free and ready to use. Guns? Javelins. "And don't worry about the ghouls man.. We actually did some good right there killing them. Less likely they'll eat someone or spread that shit."

Hot-Wire shrugs a bit. "I'll get over it. Just shit memories." He grins a bit, though his cyber-eyes have never once met that smile. "A nice bottle of whiskey and some nuyen will help me get the fuck over it, right?" He looks around at the street, trying to figure out where he'd put a smuggling den. "A sign would be nice…"

«Plot» IronFist says, "If you wish to look around where you've just been attacked by the ghouls for further clues it can be done. Just roll perception. Or if you want to proceed to the alley and look around over there. BUt I suggest sneaking."

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "I will roll to look for clues, then sneak. I do not have sneak, so I will default to quickness."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "Spot spot spot, spot the clues before us!":
1 2 3 4 5 8

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence for "Looking!":
1 2 3 4 5

The poor masked one unfortunately doesn't see much aside from the obvious, Hot-Wire however is able to get a more decent look around. Other than the obvious Ghoul den that might be beside them, the only other opening available seems to be an abandonned schoolyard that dissapears off towards the right, the same direction as the ghoul alley, only further up the street. However it's hard to tell right now where it might lead.

Hot-Wire raises a balled fist to IronFist, signalling him to stop. "Got a schoolyard here. Good open ground, possibly a loading area. Let's check it out. It's also close enough to the den to use it as perimeter security." He motions over to the gap in the walls further up the street. "I can send a drone if you want." he says, tapping his deck.

"I don't want to run into more of those things. Let your blimp have a look." IronFist nods in approval.

Hot-Wire gives a silent victory cheer and pulls out his deck. He sends a quick command to his blimp, the one that was following them, and tells it to scout out the corner. In fact, he'll take a moment to slump against a wall and rig it directly.

The Chinaman will look over the directly rigged Rigger rigging his drone, making sure to keep an eye out on the street. Looking at either and particularly that den entrance they might have crossed.

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Perception?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Si."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "C'mon, let's spot those buggers.":
2 2 3 4 5 9

Upon the Blimp's further investigations, Hot-Wire witness a medium sized school which probably was an elementary school at one point. Most of it was crushed down, the schoolyard now filled with burning barrels, destroyed cars and void of any grass whatsoever. However the school's parking lot was further back, and seemed to exit on the other street (The one which would be at the end of the ghoul alley). It was spacious enough to navigate. From high up it was hard to tell if it had any garage doors or loading docks though.

Hot-Wire says "Looks like a likely spot, my Asiatic friend." The Dwarf had pulled himself from the drone, having left it on yet another patrol pattern around the school. "The lot opens up at the other end of the ghoul's feeding ground. We should take a look. Didn't see any likely hostiles, anyway."

"Alright, let's go check it out." IronFist nods as he agrees to go check out the school, however even at the mention of no likely hostiles he still stays ready with that javelin in hand. The other forever gripping his last line of defense, the cougar blade.

Hot-Wire slips his deck back into its holster and pulls out his SMG. "Just in case, eh?" He grins again, that desperate smile. "Want me to take point? Smaller, and all.

"It is true it is much easier to throw over you..No offense." Though a smile is present on the visible lower half of his face in jest. "I'll watch your six bro." IronFist adds.

Hot-Wire sticks his back to the wall before slicing the pie with his SMG, his tiny helmet peeking around the corner. The empty parkinglot confronts him, a massive, black thing. "Okay, Sea-Stephen" he quickly adds, correcting himself. "You can do this…" He moves around the corner quickly and moves towards the nearest cover, whatever it is, trying to remember the military vids and his father's stories of the Euro Wars. "Just like the vids…"

«Plot» IronFist says, "Also, you can totally do a perception roll since you're there on ground level."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "Ground level perception!":
1 1 3 4 5 11
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence:
1 4 4 8 17

Upon further investigations of the schoolyard, they find it lacking any threat be it hidden or otherwise out in the open. The collapsed sections of the school took up about three quarter's of it, leaving a portion standing and coincidently was by the parking lot. As they approach further, they notice it's small garage door that was most likely used for deliveries. Be it parts for the mechanical room, or supplies for the school. The garage door was currently closed, as well as the personnel door right next to it. The latter seemingly having a maglock on it.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Quickness for "Another skill I need to invest in! Sneaking towards that door.":
1 3 3 4 8 10
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Stealth:
1 4 5 10 10
«Plot» IronFist says, "Post sneakin'."

Hot-Wire motions forward at the maglock, it being a big beacon to him. "Let's check it out, eh?" He creeps forward, as silent as he can, his tiny dwarf feet rolling across the parking lot like he learned when he was 6, sneaking cookies. He still keeps a low profile. Even if he's a Dwarf, some people are extra perceptive. His movements will try to bring him as close to the personnel door as possible, his SMG still raised in his hands.

IronFist is hot on his tail, poised low and keeping his javelin near ground level so it is not in plain sight up high for someone to notice.

The two will reach the door with no trouble, the parking lot was deserted and obviously given the neighborhood no traffic on the street. It was a zig-zaggy navigation to begin with and going AROUND the Hills would be easier than going through.

Hot-Wire presses himself up against the wall next to the maglock. He eyes it with a small smirk. "Oh, to have a sequencer. Guess I'll just make due." he mutters, pulling an electronics kit from his bag. He hums a tune he hadn't thought of in years, something his old friend Fritz used to sing while on runs. He pulls out a pair of pliers, some leads, and some jumpers. "Gimme a sec, ya?"

You paged IronFist with 'Casing Anti-tamper System rating 3. Secret TN 6 for unintrusive removal of case.'.
«Plot» IronFist says, "Maglock rating 3."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 3 for "Ohhhhhh, should have invested more. Let's hope Hot-Wire can Hot-Wire.":
1 4 5 5 10 = 4 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "It takes 15 seconds to remove the casing on the maglock."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Next an Electronics test at TN 4 is required."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Electronics vs TN 4 for "C'mon training, pass that test.":
1 2 3 3 4 8 9 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And 20 seconds later, Brrt bzzzz. The maglock opens."

Hot-Wire grins, slightly restraining himself from laughing. "35 seconds. New personal record."

"Let's aim for 25 next time." IronFist encourages on. "Now let's sneak in there.. I won't lie, we cross one of them organ choppers, I might have a field day on 'em. -Hate- scum like that."

Hot-Wire nods his head in agreement and readies his gun. "20 next time." He says quietly, almost inaudible. "I'll take point. I can't stand these fucks anymore than you do."

Hot-Wire is going to open the door as slowly and quietly as he can, keeping the muzzle of his SMG away from the door's outline. He won't be telegraphing anything just yet. He will, however, be switching to Thermal vision.

And right behind him awaits the masked Chinaman, confident that no one outside is watching them, he stands at the door's side with his Javelin in hand and ready to throw should some bad surprises await them.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Roll ze perceptionz."
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "Thermal perceptions, yo.":
3 5 5 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence for "Normal eyes yo.":
3 3 4 5 9

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 3 for "!?":
3 3 10

At the last second, Hot-Wire sees a red thermal image that ressembles a human body. He barely sees it. It's hard to tell which way it's currently facing.

«OOC» IronFist says, "Barely made it with those mod bonuses XD"

Hot-Wire motions to IronFist while leveling his SMG at the target. Should it make a move, he's prepared to stop it.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Are you going to stay at the door or try to sneak in?"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Quickness for "Sneaky! Need to invest in the actual skill.":
1 3 3 4 8 10

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Stealth:
1 3 4 4 4

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "?!!?!":
4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

The two try to sneak in, the small Dwarf apparently has more ease than the human as the latter accidently clanks his javelin on the door's threshold. A look of immediate grim and deception shows up on the masked man's lower face. Whatever figure Hot-Wire barely got a glimpse of is heard not too far away. "OIY! Who the frag is in there?! I will BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT! Show yourself!" Whoever the voice belongs to soon comes into view, an Ork with a broken Tusk, as nasty face, a nice beer gut, and a very nice and shiny Savelette Guardian in hand.

«Plot» IronFist says, "And this is where you roll init."
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Initiative with a result of 16.
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 2 for "+5":
2 3
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 1 for "+3 for Karma.":
8

«Plot» IronFist says, "Init Order. IronFist 24, Hot-Wire 16, Greasy Ork 10."
«Plot» IronFist says, "IronFist."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Situational awareness, Ork is at 12 meters."
«Plot» IronFist says, "This puts him in Medium range for both the SMG and the Javelin tosser."

«Plot» IronFist will definately be throwing his javelin as his action.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Actually Take aim first free action, throw next. *thumbs up*"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Throwing Weapons + 4 vs TN 4 for "Medium range TN5, -1 Take Aim. Cp 4/7. Still got the only Karma! ExEx tipped Javelin, Str+4L becomes Str+8L with Power Throw and Missle Mastery.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 9 9 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Greasy Ork Dodging. CP7/8":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Greasy Ork Dodging. CP7/8 KP1":
1 1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Greasy Ork Dodging. CP7/8 KP3":
1 3 4 10 17 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Greasy Ork Dodging. CP7/8 KP6":
1 4 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "And that's a full dodge"

The ex baseball pro in disguise, quickly plants his foot down and arches his body into a powerful throw, letting loose the javelin and using the leverage of his arm to pump maximum force into it. It might go off like a bullet, but that greasy Ork saw it coming apparently, quickly twisting his body sideways and letting the poor Javelin makes it's way into the back. As soon as it impacts on something a small explosion is heard as if an ExEx round went off.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Hot Wiah."
«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Take aim action, then burst fire from SMG."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Recoil comp?"
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "2, no stock out yet."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "So that's what, TN 4?"
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Or 5?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "So +1 recoil, -1 TN take aim. You have smart link I believe?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "So TN 3 with the smart link and 3 round burst. Type of rounds and damage code in roll please."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Normal ammo. Base damage of 7M, so 10S in burst fire.":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 + 1 vs TN 5 for "Ballistics:5 CP Exhausted. KP6/9":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 + 1 - 2 vs TN 5 for "Ballistics:5 CP Exhausted. KP7/9":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 + 1 - 3 vs TN 5 for "Ballistics:5 CP Exhausted. KP9/9":
1 3 3 4 5 8 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Aww, I wanted D."
«Plot» IronFist says, "S is better than D."
«Plot» IronFist says, "ALright post hurtin' em good."

Hot-Wire barely registers the javelin over-shooting its target before he squeezes the trigger on the SMG. He rides the recoil just like his da' taught him, starting at the legs and letting the recoil bring him up towards the head. He doesn't hit that juicy target, but the bullets to manage to rip the orc a new one. The dwarf lets out a quick, relieved laugh before bringing the SMG to bare again on the Orc. "Don't fuckin' move, you fuckin' fat bastard!"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "Don't move?! Move this! TN 5 Medium range. -1 Laser sight. +3 wound mod. +1 uncompensated recoil, burst fire Savalette Guardian. 12S Base Damage Regular ammo":
2 4 4 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "The good news is, you need 2 successes for a full dodge with remaining CP. The bad news is.. You're being shot at."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Dodge that bitch.":
1 2 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 4 for "KP 1/1":
4 5 9 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And he springs outta the way!"
«Plot» IronFist says, "I shall post this Ork's undoing!"

Blarggh! The greasy Ork gets his beer belly decorated full of holes, as a trio of bullet hit him right where his Secure jacket wasn't protecting him. "FRAG YOU!" He yells, aim hazey due to pain and endorphins trying to work against eachother, he flicks the burst-first mode button on his gun and let's loose a trio of shots towards the one who just gutted him with a freakin' Ingram. However, Hot-wire was seemed like a guy was wired up indeed, managing to predict the bullet's path and quickly moving out of the way.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Who shall be readying a throwing knife and then tossing it."
«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "IRONFIST!"
«OOC» IronFist says, "For a guy called that he doesn't do a lot of fisticuffs."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Throwing Weapons + 2 vs TN 5 for "Medium Range, Throwing knife. Str+4L with powers included.":
1 1 2 2 4 5 5 9 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist likes his KP too much, still keeps it.
«Plot» IronFist says, "Total damage is 12L base btw."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 vs TN 11 for "Not doing so hot. Pools exhauted. Knees weak, moms spaghetti. +3 Wound mod. Impact 4.":
1 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 = 0 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And that's an M. 1 box away from DEATH. Hot-Wire."
«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Taking aim again, followed by another burst. Fucker should have yielded at the opportunity."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Submachine Guns vs TN 3 for "SHOOT HER!":
1 1 2 2 2 4 = 1 Success

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Base is 10S again."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 vs TN 8 for "Mama.. +3 wound mod. Ballistics 5. 10 S to soak. Bye bye.":
1 1 2 4 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "Death to MING."

Hot-Wire lands from his mad dash away from the Orc's spray of death and pulls the SMG back into line with his target. The Dwarf unleashes a burst from the gun, the three bullets making a line from the Orc's groin to sternum, flesh and blood spraying behind him like a trid flick. Hot-Wires eyes gleam, but it's probably just the muzzle-flash reflecting from his chromed out eyes. "I told you to give up." he mutters, the SMG falling to his side as the big Orc falls.

That calm eerie silence is back, everything at a momentary stand-still as the ringing echo of gunfire escapes the ear gradually. The dust kicked up by the dropping corpse finally starting to settle down.
Hot-Wire leans against a wall once more, the massive adrenaline rush from the near-death experience taking its toll on his system. "Shit man." he groans, looking over at IronFist. "Why don't people give up? I would have let him leave…" The rigger pushes himself off the wall and towards the center of the room. "Let's see what this guy was guarding, I guess."

"Hate to break it to you..But he would've come back with more people than we could handle probably." The Asian man retrieves his throwing knife from the corpse before moving on with the dwarf.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) uses 1 of item 2: Javelin (ExEx Tip) from Weapons (#11980).

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "Now that it's cooled down, what do we see?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Perception rolls Por Favor."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Intelligence for "Si, senor!":
1 2 4 4 4 7
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 3 4 5

As they exit the delivery office area and enter into the garage loading zone they find a Ford F500 parked backarwards and the back gate still opened with a partially loaded crate on it. There's another closed door on the far side of the room, but nothing else stands out of hte ordinary.

Hot-Wire goes silent and motions towards the closed door, his eyes peeled for any activity. "We need to clear that room before we hit the vehicle, otherwise we might get a nasty surprise." he whispers, his eyes focused intently on it. "I'll take point again." He tries to move quietly again, like he did before.

«OOC» Hot-Wire says, "Sneak again?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Si"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Quickness for "Here I go sneakin' again!":
1 2 2 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Stealth:
1 1 3 5 5

«Plot» IronFist says, "We are not ninjas, I can tell you that."
"
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 vs TN 12 for "Heavy distractions.":
1 2 5 5 11 11 = 0 Successes

As they open the door and walk into the room they immediately notice this might be hte room where the nitty gritty is done in the whole operation. Various operation tools, vat containers and monitors litter the plate. In the dead center is the doctor's latest patient already missing what might have been a cyber leg, and currently getting work in the torso done. The man operating him currently has his back to the door, and headphones plugged in, humming idly along to what appears to be some form of classical music. He's tall, gaunt and wears a blood stained white lab coat over some brown military fatigues. His head was completely bald and showed obvious signs of cyberware.

Hot-Wire goes still and looks towards IronFist. He knew what he said earlier and isn't going to interfere. "I got your back, bro." he mimics, giving the asian man an encouraging grin. "Do what you gotta do." He shrugs and holds the SMG casually, almost like he won't even need it.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Surprise!":
2 2 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 2 4 5 5 5 11 = 5 Successes
«Plot» IronFist says, "They may both act against The unsuspecting mad doctor."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Will use the oppurtunity to come in up close and attack with his knives."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons + 5 vs TN 4 for "Main Hand. CP5/7 Dikoted long cougar blade. Str+2S":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons + 5 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Main Hand. CP5/7 Dikoted long cougar blade. Str+2S KP1":
1 2 3 3 5 9 15 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Edged Weapons + 2 vs TN 5 for "Off hand. +1 TN for using offhand with Ambidexterity 6.":
1 2 2 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Plot» IronFist says, "Total of 7 successes. (Every 2 off success gives 1 main hand success in melee.)"

«Plot» IronFist says, "As the professor cannot act, he can only Soak. STR+2S scales to STR+4D with the extra 4 successes. Total Damage to soak is 12D."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Soaking 12D, 4 CP, 2 Impact.":
1 1 1 3 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 + 4 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Soaking 12D, 4 CP, 2 Impact. KP1":
2 2 2 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 + 4 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Soaking 12D, 4 CP, 2 Impact. KP3":
2 2 4 5 5 7 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» IronFist says, "He takes an S right in the back."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Hot Wiah."

Taking advantage of the distracted man, IronFist sneaks up on him slowly, both blades readying themselves and lodging themselves into the man's back. Nothing fatal, but enough to tell him hello and immediately interupt the man's work as he feels the cold sharp blades pierce through his lower back and into his organs.

«Plot» Hot-Wire says, "IronFist has this."

Hot-Wire don't shoot people in the back, even if they deserve it. He'll keep his SMG ready, just in case, but IronFist has this one. It's his beef, anyway. He will keep an eye out on that door, as well as use a simple action to casually monitor his drones, up to 3 at a time.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Given the guy's wound mods, no weapon and lack of defense skills, he was pretty much dead the second you walked in. Noticed or unnoticed."
«Plot» IronFist says, "He's a doctor for christ sake Sheilah!"

It's only a quick moment after that the blades are twisted and skewered out. The doctor dropping, as lifeless as his current operation is, onto the ground in a limp heap. IronFist didn't care if he was back to him, naked, or on his death bed with terminal phase disease..Scum needs to be erase. Permanently.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Yes you may roll for perception with the drones if you wish, however not much is going on out there. Mostly thanks to you not triggering the tampering alarm on the lock."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Hot-Wire (#11811) rolls 3 for "THAT WAS A TEST HAHA":
1 3 4

Hot-Wire gives the man a moment before clearing his throat. "Time to go, chum." He nods his head towards the big Ford. "Let's get out of here, huh?" He starts to head towards the Ford F500, giving it a longing glance before checking it out for obvious traps. First thing to go will be transponders and gridguide.

It's awfully quiet outside as Hot-Wire's drone will be able to tell him. The truck itself had been rigged to only have the basics. A start button, a steering wheel, a tranny, and some pedals. The radio, the dashboard, everything else had been stripped out and most likely sold already. IronFist does however take a few moments to properly push the cargo box into the back of the truck so he can close the tail cate.

Hot-Wire shrugs at the simplicity of the truck before jumping into the driver's seat. He cut his teeth on proper driving before he ever even looked at a piece of cyberware. "I can pick up the RV later. The Lynx will keep it safe. Let's just get the fuck out of here, huh?" He grins once more, that slightly worried grin of someone who isn't quite sure they've made it out alive yet. A cigarette does manage to find its way between his lips, however. "Maybe we'll find another ghoul to run over."

"We also need to find the route they use to smuggle this stuff…Can you show me what your drones see in aerial? I may be able to pin point a good route they might use." IronFist add.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) has the Knowledge Skill Smuggling Routes with the value '4'.

Hot-Wire nods. "Easily." He pulls his deck out again and lays it on the seat, each blimp showing a different eagle eye's view of the surrounding area. "Just direct me."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Smuggling Routes for "Looking for possible route, hmm!":
3 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls Smuggling Routes for "Looking for possible route, hmm! KP1 Might as well use it!":
3 3 5 14

The masked Chinaman begins examining the aerial view of the area, and then it sort've just begins clicking in. "Ooh.. Actually I think we've been through here before.. Yeah definately. Right here." He points. "There was a trail we used to bring a shipment in a while back. REAL low-key shit. And I don't recall seeing any Royals asking for their share. Follow this road out of Mission Hills, and when you get to the Gardens you take this down..You'll eventually find a parc you can actually cut through in by going over the curb. Leads some parking lot on the other side. You're home free after that…"

You say "Can you send a drone there to check it out while we head to the drop off?"

Hot-Wire says "Yeah, we just gotta wait for it to get back into report range before we actually deliver the footage. I've got plenty of storage on my deck, though, to prove it. Call it five or ten minute after we get back." The dwarf looks pretty happy with himself, even if he's still a little shaken. The truck pulls out of the garage and turns onto the street. "Can't believe we hit ghouls on this one. Was NOT expecting that."

"Yeah you gotta be careful in the Warrens.. It's not uncommon to hear them at night. This whole fucking place is just fubar man. Alright, head to the address he gave us earlier. I'll tell him about the spot, we'll know right away if they know about it or not.

Hot-Wire gives him an affirmative before heading out towards the meet. It really didn't take long, but it felt like a god damn age. "I'm just ready to get paid."

"Amen to that." IronFist adds.

Thanks to some handy work on an alarm, the duo are lucky enough to avoid being chased by some. They will be able to eventually make their meet point where that blue haired Mohawk Elf awaits them. "Hey look who made it back in one piece." He says with a grin. "That better be my cargo and you better have some good news."

Hot-Wire says "I got good news, and bad news." He hops out of the truck and closes the door with practiced ease. "Bad news is, they had ghouls guarding the place and working as their garbage disposals." The dwarven rigger spits on the ground. "Good news is…" he smiles, a genuine one this time. "We killed three of those fucks and their fat Orc watcher to boot. Killed their harvester, too. Ain't got no competition now from them, and we've got you your third wish as well." He looks up as his blimp finally comes into contact with his deck. Once the data is downloaded he looks back to the Elf. "Got a spare chip? I've got your smuggling route all mapped out.""

The blue haired elf nods to another gang colored member, who brings over an empty chip to the Dwarf. The Elf continues on with a whistle. "Well now. If this route is legit, considered yourselves paid men, chummers. If it's not.. You best be getting your asses back out there and back in 15 minutes with something good..Or else."

Hot-Wire rolls his eyes and slots the chip on his deck, waiting the brief moment for the transfer to occur, then handing it back over. "It's legit." He looks back at the cargo. "And since it IS legit, I should be getting a little peek and grab at that crate, eh?"

"We'll see about that in just a second, it ain't christmas yet." The one who gave the chip takes it back, bringing it nearby to a Data Display system. The elf walks over and begins studying, as he does, he snaps his fingers and jerks a thumb back. The group of 4 colored Gangers immediately react to the order, moving towards the truck and getting a look of the cargo. "What's in it?" The Elf calls over his shoulder, loud enough for his men to hear. One man begins looking over the cargo carefully with a knowing eye. "Yeah this is good stuff. Looks like they got a good salvage. Sammie, Rigger, Liver. You name it. We're good." The elf grins and nods in approval as he looks at the map. "Sneaky fuckers..Alright. Pay these guys, haul this shit out, destroy that dump of a truck." He snaps his fingers.

Hot-Wire manages to sneak his way into the crowd of gangers pressing in and lifts out a couple of drones still in their packaging. "Ooooh, here's my payment, my friend. Two Mjolnir Bumblebees. Still in the box, so I won't even charge you the rest of the 10k." He flashes a steely smile his way, a smile that says he just killed some people and doesn't mind making it a slightly longer list.

The elf sighs. "Bumblebees..? ..Yeah sure whatever.. Ain't worth much to me." Sacrificing those drones for a multitude of wares and organs was a joke to him.

THE END

Rep For IronFist-> Tough, and Resourceful
Rep for Hot-Wire-> Perceptive, and Brave
Hot-Wire would like to keep two Mjolnir Industries Bumblebee drones, total cost would be 10500, but cost
is redcued by half for gear payout thus are worth 5250 leaving him with 4750 cash.

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License