Storm Warnings
GM: Sasha
Players: Sasha, Vera, Blindside, Dalton, Blaze, Mr. Terrific
Synopsis: The players invade the Ute Nation to steal a corpse!
Date: December 22, 2070

Storm Warnings

The Crypt

The call comes, as so many do, offering payment for a dangerous job. This comes through your network of contacts (whichever makes the most sense for you). The meet is in the Warrens, Mission Hills District. The place? The Crypt, a re-purposed funeral home that now serves as a drinking establishment and haven against the crazies in the area. You are told to ask for Xander at the bar.

Dalton has a few reasons to be cautious of late, so his first order of business is to get to the area discreetly, just a short distance from the World Tree where he works. He levitates invisibly to the area near the crypt, then lands and makes himself visible when no one notices. Quickly he casts a physical mask spell to cover his features, and masks this, along with all his tattoos. He appears just like some random young gang member at the moment, though his clothing, while not all black, is still basicly the same thing he always wears. He heads into the Crypt, and moves towards the bar, asking for Xander.

Mr.Terrific was told it was 'dangerous' which isn't what he's usually told. That usually entails some elements of desperation. Profit, and in every investment there is risk. So he heads back home and suits up for the serious waddle effect before he heads to this one - he's not quick, but he gets there, making his usual round-the-building look with the magical eyes for obvious traps before he heads in. He too will ask for a 'Mister Xander.'

The Crypt isn't unknown to Sasha; in fact, she's been here several times before. The woman will arrive early, sitting at the bar and waiting for the meeting time. Her gear is stowed close by, her car watched by a pair of gangers who are happy to make some cred this cold evening: the ladies up at the Master's Hand don't just give it away.

Vera arrives by Z-Taxi, having passed into the Zone on her pass to the Rez, the redheaded elf slowly exiting into the cold, slightly breezy night. She rubs her arms briefly before entering the Crypt, feeling secure with her two Hi-Powers snugly fitted to her sides under her short jacket. This is the Warrens, after all. She heads for the bar as well, all synthleather and red, and settles onto one of the stools, offering a polite dip of her head to Sasha. When she orders a drink, she goes cheap and cheerful: synthahol flavored with spiced rum and sweet lime. "And," she says with a smile. "I'm looking for Mr. Xander."

Mission Hills - a place that knows Blindside exceedingly well. The halfer's nose candy affectation, his predilection for sexbots and his generally showy nature mean this is where he hangs his little halfsized hat when he's not at the Ranch.

T-5 Minutes. Scabbard is rolling down highway 470, cruising in the fast lane. "Scabbard, put the back ramp down." Murmurs Bambi, nestled in the electronic womb of Cerberus.

"Confirmed: Back Hatch Down." Intones the bigrigs drone brain as the rear ramp on the rig arcs down on hydrollics. Sparks fly from the trailing edge as it makes contact with the asphalt. "Have a nice trip, Mr. Sorensen."

"Thank you, Scabbard." Purrs Bambi as she looks back over her shoulder, hitting the launch button. Zero to 70 is not as easy as it sounds when you do it in a half second, and in reverse. The car fishtails on the road, and then it's tires catch just as the ramp is coming back up. Headlights snap on as the muscle car careens to the left, to take an unexpected (For the startled cars behind it) left turn, down an embankment and into the warrens.

Blaze had taken some wrong turns here and there but despite crap directions, finally manages to show up at the meet. She heads in, her copper hair pulled back in a utilitarian ponytail. Dalton gets a double blink and then a grin before she ambles up to the bar and orders a drink as well as asking for 'Xander'.

The bartender, in response to requests for Xander or Mr. Xander, indicates a solitary door off to the right, sturdy and barred with iron and several maglocks and two mechanical locks. The door opens without the usual haunted house creak, the room inside sparse and nearly dark, a single old style bulb providing less than 40 watts of illumination.

Sasha nods soberly to Vera when the other arrives, her gaze traveling to the number of more recognizable folk that have arrived to this morbid and out of the way place. She'll rise from her stool and leave a tip for the bartender: a few cred, 10 bullets and a new knock-off watch with a cut band. She'll start towards the doorway, falling into place with any others heading that way.

Dalton scans quickly for a Ward, and should it not be too impressive, will sleaze through it as he goes inside. If its a monster ward, well, he will have to shut down everything and go in cold. Once inside, he scans the room, reactivates things if he had too, and moves to stand near the wall, watching the room.

Mr.Terrific does the 'ladies first' gesture; one that is all the more wise considering how most of the ones he is gesturing to could break him in half or perforate him with a thought. But it's that thought that counts, and so he too will enter.

«OOC» Sasha says, "There is not a ward in evidence here. The background count, however, is 2. This place is depressing, morbid, and still has the stench and imprint of lingering death."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car (Mustang) + Control Pool: 6 vs TN 3 for "Warrens is tight terrain.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 10 11 = 9 Successes

Vera picks up her drink and takes a little sip, enjoying the slightly sweet burn of the cocktail, shaking the ice in the cup relaxedly. She rises from her seat, offers a smile to Blaze, and lifts her drink in a toast to Terrific and Dalton subtly as she moves to enter the back room.

Blaze carries her drink with her and shudders faintly at something before slipping into the other room and up to Dalton. "Fancy seeing you here," she murmurs with a somewhat sly smile. Should Dalton allow it, she gently touches his elbow and leans up to whisper something in his ear. Vera gets a grin, Terrific a smile. Sasha gets a polite smile too.

T-120 Seconds. Cerberus dodges through the warzone at high speed, headlights off as Bambi drives by her own on board sensors. The engine growls as the tires eat the road. Several bullets ricochet off the heavy armor of the sports car, armor it would take a tank round to penetrate without specialized ammunition.

Hopping the curb, Cerberus leaps up on to the sidewalk (Such as it is) to dodge around a Blackboot Skins barricade. A few shouted slogans and a bottle do little that firearms couldn't, and Cerberus continues on to the meet point.

Skidding to a stop in front of the Crypt, the car slides its ass end around, to skid sideways and park perfectly between two burned out rides, with a few inches to spare. The door opens, and out steps 5'9 of leggy redhead in leather. Bambi has arrived.

Dalton chuckles faintly at Blaze, and leans in to whisper quietly to her. Still watching the other folks in the room. His body is fairly tense though, a sign of his recient difficulties with some folks.

The redhead beside Dalton just smiles at the man, amber-gold eyes sparkling as she leans back against the wall and watches the rest of the group pile in. She murmurs something softly in return before taking a sip of her drink.

Seated at the head of the table is a pale human male, his gaunt form clothed in well-worn but once Tres Chic clothing, possibly second or, given the hole over the heart, third hand. A number of seats surround the table, which is scarred and almost too large for the room. The duraplast finish is scratched and worn in places, the chairs battered and none match. The hum of white noise fills the room, and there is a distinct scent of ozone in the air.

Sasha nods to the man at the end of the table and takes a seat without further word, her expression blank. Not unexpressive, mind, but just neutral, as if the next moment didn't matter one bit.

Dalton finds a seat after speaking with Blaze briefly. Then looks to the Johnson, and smiles at him, while assensing of course, masked to hide the activity of his dual naturedness.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering bgcount":
2 3 3 5 10 11 = 6 Successes

Mr.Terrific takes his place with his own friendly but silent calm.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assenssing":
2 3 3 4 5 11 = 3 Successes

Bambi enters, boots clacking on the tile floor, security helmet carried under her arm. She moves to the table, offering the people at the table a nod before turning her attention to the J.

Vera also arrives, still casually holding her drink. She takes another sip as she enters, but then lowers it, holding it by her fingertips as she leans her shoulder against the wall, relaxing. She's ready to hear The Pitch.

Blaze slides into a seat with the grace typical of her race. Settling her security helmet on her lap, she takes another languid sip of her drink, smiling at the J as the glass rises to her lips. Time to be quiet and listen.

On the Astral Plane: Dalton's penetrating astral perception will center on the Johnson, cutting through the miasma of death in the room. Looking back at him across the astral plane will be the Johnson, who's faint smile is more than evident on this plane, as well as the faint pulling sensation that draws at the life forces around him. The man is magically active, that much is evident, as well as infected with the disease that marks him especially well on this plane: Vampire.

Once everyone is in and the door is closed with an unmistakeable clunk of a steel-cored barrier, your host speaks. “My name, while unimportant, is Xander. I have a job that is being passed on to me, and from me to you.” His voice is quiet, two levels above a whisper perhaps, with undertones of an accent from California.

Dalton tries not to let the surprise register on his face, at the information he has found out. He remains calm, though maybe just a tad more tense than he was. He listens quietly, saying nothing so far as the pitch gets underway.

Mr.Terrific opines to himself that getting an actual name, instead of a 'Mister Johnson', implies that the fellow might be a fixer, instead of a Johnson. That changes the dynamics a tad.

"For which I am sure we are pleased to be thought necessary," Vera replies, with a smile. She takes a small sip of her drink, again, and continues watching the J? The X. She considers his body language, intrigued by the location enough to want to hear out the offer. As well as the promise of danger.

Sasha says nothing, simply nodding in recognition to Xander. Her gaze moves again to the others in the room .. three redheads. That may be a sign.

Blaze quite simply.. listens. No reaction, just a faint smile and the occasional sipping of a drink with a fire-inked hand. <fix>

Bambi is as unresponsive as only a highly advanced robot can be.

“I have an item that needs to be retrieved from a small town in the Ute Nation. This job is to take place immediately if not sooner.” He'll slide a few chips and electronic paper documents over inside a sealed poly binder. “The job pays 600,000 =Y= on completion. Failure to return the objective in good or better condition results in zero pay. There is a good chance that you'll have to go up against military or governmental forces and exchange fire.” He'll look around the table and remarks, “That's all the information I can give out until you agree to the mission.”

Blaze sets the drink down with a soft 'clink'. "I'm in," she says her obvious Tir-Tairngire accent.

Dalton frowns slightly, he has heard things about whats going on in Ute, and can put things together, or at least he can make assumptions. "I'm in." Greed wins out in the end, he could really use the payout.

"In." Sasha doesn't waste any more words, folding her hands on the table and waiting, her impassive gaze sweeping the room again as others chime in.

Blaze tosses Dalton a light wink.

Mr.Terrific 's light green eyes have their own flash of greed, then a thinking better period as he seems to be filing through his contacts in his head and wondering if he wishes to burn any of them. Apparently the answer is yes, because he says, "Count me in."

Bambi calculates. 6 people. 600,000 nuyen. "In."

"You're asking us to take on merc level work, with great sensitivity and acumen," Vera replies. "I think that this is an interesting job, but we're also going to have to invest in possibly disposable equipment to cover contingencies. So I agree to your price in principle, but I think a figure of a hundred twenty-five thousand for each of us is more appropriate. That's seven hundred fifty. You'd be getting a varied and powerfully magical team, along with considerable expertise in weapons."

Xander considers Vera for several moments, his eyes almost gleaming red in the poor light. Cyberware, perhaps? He doesn't quite smile, but instead leans back in his seat and simply looks at her, sniffing the air for several long seconds before speaking. "Except for Nightmare and Blindside, the rest of you are minor blips on the shadow scene. What I am getting, my dear, are disposable accents with a glimmer of potential and a large dash of gumption. You are all recommended by your various handlers for those traits. Given that I am providing a large amount of intel and some degree of immunity to crossing the border, at least on the first leg of your trip, I'd actually say you are getting a bargain."

Dalton raises a hand to Vera "Let it stand. Until we know about this intel and border crossing." he smiles at her "Never bargain when you are not sure of the whole package."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Negotiation:
1 3 3 4 5
«OOC» Sasha says, "TN is 7"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Negotiation vs TN 7 for "Karma reroll 1/4 KP used":
2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 7 (contact.skill) for "Versus Vera's Intelligence":
1 1 2 2 5 9 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) has the Attribute Intelligence with the value '6'.
«Plot» Sasha says, "Xander has 2 successes to Vera's 0."

Vera's been schooled, and she knows it. There's something about that piercing stare that makes her wilt, and she knows she needs the money, and the battle of poise is one she rarely loses but does this time. She glances fiery rage suddenly at Dalton, for his interference, and then smiles. "Very well. I can respect a man who knows when he holds the trump," she says. A whist reference. Lovely, but perhaps appropriate to her accent. "I agree to the mission at your price."

Xander chuckles, a faint raspy sound that clearly shows he doesn't do it often. He'll spread his hands and remark, "If you'd rather have the money than the information and passes, I'd be willing to let you do your own work and pay the extra? I am nothing if not fair, after all. You'd be hardpressed to find anyone who would claim otherwise."

Sasha snickers quietly at that one, perhaps in on the joke.

Dalton smiles faintly, and looks to Xander "I think the intel is far more valuable. Forgive the ladies enthusiasm for her games. We all suffer from pride at times."

Vera smiles, regaining her pose. "No," she says, though she does not recognize a joke to be in. Well, she'd wrangled a little extra out of that other Johnson…quite a few times. She glances with incredulity at Dalton, slightly coloring on her cheeks from quite well-restrained shock and rage, before she returns her attention to Xander. "I am quite pleased with the original offer, as my teammates seem to be."

Bambi is silent. Negotiation skills of a mack truck and all the charisma of one. So far, she's said exactly one word.

"I've always been partial to the other sins, myself. Still, do your words carry for your potential teammates, Nightmare? I'd prefer we are all in agreement before continuing; it saves on disagreements and hard feelings down the road." Xander glances to Dalton and Vera in askance, then the rest of those at the table.

Blaze just looks askance at Dalton for a moment and then over the other Elf. A soft cough, and she tucks a stray bit of hair behind one pointy ear. "Okay. This is all well and good, but as I understand it, Mister Xander here said he needed this thing yesterday? Let's just let him get on with it so we can?" She looks at Xander. "Information suits me just fine." She sips on her drink again.

Mr.Terrific is certainly not going to leap into the negotiations. He's just happy not to have been shot yet.

Bambi then speaks. "Intel."

Mr.Terrific gives a deep nod of full assent to the 'intel and border crossing' issue.

Vera agrees as with her assent to the intel package.

Sasha just raises an eyebrow and nods to Xander, clearly not interested in the extra money. Or she may not care either way.

"Just Xander, please. Mr. Xander makes me sound like I work for a corporation." The pale man nods, absently brushing non existant lint off his jacket. "Now. You'll be traveling to Wovoka, Nevada, in the Ute Nation. You may have heard that they've been having some lingering weather issues. Once there, you'll pick up the property listed in the documents and chips," he says, gesturing towards said items.

"Retrieve the objective, return to Denver, call the number given en route and we'll set up a drop for you." He ticks the items off on his fingers and then says, "What have I forgotten? Ah, yes, do not die. Do not allow the objective to fall out of your hands. You'll find appropriate passes and information in the documentation to get you into the Ute Nation and out of Denver. They likely won't last for a return trip, so you'll be on your own."

"Questions?"

Blaze looks ready to say something and then quietens, cheeks turning slightly red as she obviously thinks better of it.

Dalton reaches out for a sample of the intel, and pulls it towards him to look it over. He looks up to X "While you wish this retrieved in a hurry, I would like to know that if it takes us several days to finish this project, that it will not affect our payment."

Mr.Terrific , personally, will be waiting for his chance at the documents and chips, unless there's a big folder with his name and icon upon it that he's supposed to slide off the table.

Bambi takes the intel chip, slotting it into a pocketsecretary to run a basic virus scan on it, before examining the details in full.

Mr.Terrific generally doesn't pocsec the chips first because, for a mage to do that is kind of lame.

"If you don't accomplish the goal within, say, 48 hours, it won't matter one iota. I'll assume that you are dead and your ashes scattered to the Four Winds." Xander shrugs and says, "If it were under my control, I'd grant you more time. The person paying for this little endevour is most adamant that it be taken care of with, and I quote, "The utmost haste.""

The files contain current sat images of the small town, all but a yellow light on the road with a few houses and the like. There seem to be an great deal of vehicles around the outskirts of the town itself, as well as a large number of what you might assume are heat images of people surrounding the town as well.

The chips contain more detailed images, current weather conditions, road conditions, likely unused/unwatched back roads to the town, up to date military channels being used in the area, information to customize the passes out of the city, basic information on the Ute Nation, basic information on the Ministry of Self-Determination, and a speculation on magical storms in the area.

Dalton pulls out a pocsec to scan a chip, looking over the information, he studies the information, commiting as much of it to memory as he can.

Mr.Terrific looks to have the not-uncommon skill of map-memorization as much as the rest of everyone. But what he doesn't have is the knowledge of the target. What the heck they're looking for. He can only guess, and make himself a private bet based on the rumors he's heard.

Blindside, back at the truck, is already pulling down his own information on roads, conditions and establishing fuel loads.

Sasha peers over the information with more interest than she's shown for the entire meeting, nodding to herself and making copious notes in her secretary. Several times she'll circle terms to remind her or to check into.

Vera pulls her pocsec from an inner pocket of her jacket and slots one of the chips, nodding. "Forty-eight hours. Very well," she says, after a moment. "Desert terrain," she says to herself, considering the possibilities. She glances at Mr. Terrific, wishing that she'd had that conversation about magic before now, but there's a few ideas she has to maybe edge things in the teams' favor.

«OOC» Sasha says, "Intelligence Test, please. Magical Background or Magical Threats or MAgical Weird Shit or something like that is a comp for this."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Magic Background:
1 2 4 4 11 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 4 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 4 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic Background:
1 2 2 2 5 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
2 4 4 5 8 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magical Threats:
4 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 3 4 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Magic Background:
2 3 4 4 7 21
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Magical Threats:
4 4 7 11

«Plot» Sasha says, "For All: Apparently the Genius Bus pulled in. Everyone notes in the files reports that technology is considered 'unstable' around the city. Sat and cell signals are nearly impossible to maintain, though this is thought to be due to 'atmospheric conditions' in the area, electrical storms, and so on.

Blaze, Mr. Terrific and Dalton will determine with their knowledge of magic that the mana storms in the area may be causing some of those problems, and may also make casting a bit wonky in the area.

Blindside has heard stories from his Mormon days that the Ute is full of strange magics that can change you to stone, that can disrupt tech, and that can spontaniously raise the dead."

Xander remarks, "Unless you have any other questions, the clock is ticking and my next appointment is cooling their heels." He looks around the table at the runners to see if there is anything else.

Sasha shakes her head, collecting her notes and preparing to rise, recognizing a dismissal when she hears it.

Vera nods to Sasha, taking her notes and understanding the dismissal as well. The job is contracted and begun. Maybe it will go swimmingly…and maybe not. She begins to make plans for the necessary gear for the area.

Mr.Terrific , too, arises. "Anyone got a secure meeting point? As well as transit? I don't think the bus system heads out thataways."

Dalton takes the chip, but leaves the documents. He rises from his chair and nods to the others "I think our second illustrious member might have a place we can speak on the move, if word on the street about that name is correct." He look sto Bambi, and smiles "Care to tell us outside where to meet your master?"

«Plot» Vera says, "Can I nab us some terrain-appropriate gear? And thermographic or night vision goggles for whoever doesn't have them or needs them?"

«Plot» Vera says, "I mean try to secure, on short notice. :)"

Dalton says, "Ohh, I also have a car nearby for those of you needing minor transport."

«Plot» Sasha says, "Did you want to try for anything special or just stuff off the shelf at Dick's Sporting goods?"

Bambi's head swivels to Dalton. "Vehicular transport is en route." Says bambi in her default sultry purr. It's a good purr, but Dalton knows whats on the other end.

«Plot» Vera says, "Well, I didn't want to buy stuff legally. But actually, I was hoping for simple things, like a sporting rifle with a top-mounted smartlink, desert-pattern camo full suits and Wild Hunt heavy armor jackets for anyone who needs them, etc."

«Plot» Vera says, "Don't underestimate sporting rifles. :D"

Elsewhere, the driverless bigrig cruises through the backroads, coming down the old culvert into the warrens. Behind it, Leviathan's lights snap on and Gladdius roars ahead, sensors alert for trouble. The convoy makes its way for the Crypt.

«Plot» Vera says, "Nothing with avail higher than 5."
«Plot» Vera says, "But I'm sure we all could use desert camo."

«Plot» Sasha says, "Ok. If you want to go the illegal route, +prove a contact and give us an Etiquette roll vs a TN of 4/24 hrs"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) has the Contact Les with the following information:
-----> Contact for Vera (#11342) <-----
Contact Name: Les
Level: 1
Type: fixer
GM Note: Les is a small time fence, a man with a reasonable network of contacts. He's done business for lots of retail boosters and so is relatively small time, but in the past couple years he's managed to secure significant orders. Still, he has barely more than an introduction to Vera.


«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Etiquette vs TN 4:
2 2 5 8 10 13 = 4 Successes

Dalton nods to Bambi "Excellent." he looks to the others "Shall we go wait in the cold, we are taking up space needed by our friend here." With that, he starts to head outside into the evening.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Vera can aquire mission relevant gear in 6 hours."

Mr.Terrific too heads out, more than willing to accept anyone's hospitality for the ride. He comments, "I have a bug-out bag set with my outside gear - that's all I'll need to pick up and then I'm ready to go." He's got his own binoculars - sadly, all optical. Awesome for the magical snipering, but not so awesome for low light situations.

Blaze keeps a chip as well. And her drink. "Lovely meeting you," she tells Xander before walking out.

Dalton nods to the others, then waits a bit, before a Ford Americar shows up, driving by a woman. It was only parked a few blocks away, and Dalton heads to the trunk, and opens it up, getting a bag full of gear. Then returning to wait with the otehrs as the Car heads back to its secure parking spot.

Xander nods to Blaze with a wink, watching the others get ushered out and his next appointment ushered in.

Mr. Terrific, and everyone else, will also come across the one file page that indicates what the actual target is: the body of Wovoka, Paiute shaman.

Vera nods. "All right. I got a good line on a sporting goods supply store raid that happened recently. Got some sweet deals on that sort of type of gear, but the heavy duty stuff. Low-light goggles or thermographic goggles, armored camo outfits, hunting rifles and accessories for them. A good hunting rifle is not to be underestimated."

Mr.Terrific wins his bet with himself.

The mission has no particular significance to Vera, who is interested in the affairs of mages only so long as she gets paid.

Bambi steps out with Dalton. "Have them meet at the Rez, near the Sunrise Mall. You know what to look for." She says, then moves over to the armored sportscar.

Meanwhile, back on the rig, Blindside raises an eyebrow. "Now this is gonna be fun. Scabbard, run a full diagnostic and start a system isolation test. As we get closer to this event, I may have to pull your brain offline, so give me immediate decoupling of rigger adaptation and restoration of manual driving capability."

"Have I displeased you, Mr. Sorenson?"

"Of course not, Scabbard. We may encounter interfearence that will be difficult on your systems."

"Diagnostics running."

Once outside, Sasha excuses herself to snag her ready bags from a battered Ford Americar down the block. She'll be back in just a few minutes, waiting for the mysterious Blindside's ride.

Mr.Terrific waits until everyone has made their little pick-ups, like himself, and they have assembled at a meeting spot - say, a giant convoy truck taht someone may or may not offer, or something like that. "Is everyone aware of what's been going on with our target?"

Dalton nods to Bambi, then to the others. "Lets get moving, to the Sunrise Mall in the Rez, its only a few blocks away."

Dalton pauses, and goes to speak quietly with Vera, he whispers to her.

The Redhead in the Sec-Armor slides into the armored car, pausing only a moment. "I have room for 1."

Mr.Terrific who has no vehicle, takes the redhead's offer.

MR. Terrific will find out that 'room for one' means he's sitting on top of a goddamn gasstank with his knees in his throat.

Mr.Terrific folds neatly, for to slide under the bed. As long as the Redhead in the Sec-Armor doesn't tell him that the driver's seat is 'Death Proof' he's okay.

Dalton chuckles and gestures to his car, before sending it off. "I can seat a few in mine, and can have my driver take it back for us." He moves over to the americar, where the driver has vanished now.

Once the decision is made to meet elsewhere, Sasha nods and turns back towards her car without another word. The battered brown vehicle is still where she left it, and she'll toss a box out of the back towards the two gangers watching it with a nod. "It's in there."

The Sunrise Mall

Once this place was a Mecca of merchandising, a temple of consumerism and the very epitome of the modern marvels of economics. Now, it's a burned out husk, the ceiling on the three story mall collapsed in a splintered spiderweb of steel girders and shattered plasti-glass. It's parking garages constantly smoke with the lit fires of squatters and its parking lots, still strong fero-crete, host go-gang races more often than anything actually sits still on its surfaces.

Its that final reason why Blindside chose it to meet up at. Scabbard, the black big rig and 55 foot trailer is parked in the center of the lot, flanked by Leviathan, the massive heavy transport and Gladius, the sleek black sportscar. A few other smaller vehicles are parked around, giving the apperance of a massive party.

Cerberus pulls to a stop in front of the group of vehicles, doors sliding open. "Get out." Says bambi to Mr Terrific.

Mr.Terrific gits out.

Dalton brings anyone who needs a ride along in his Americar, then sends it home with his Ally Spirit. He nods as he spots the rig "That, from what I've heard, is our transportation."

Sasha parks her POS and gets out, arming the explosives inside. Someone may be getting an early Chrismas present should they decide to steal this ride. She'll move on over to where the other runners are, carrying her ready bags and looking over the big rig. She'll crack a smile and nod to herself.

Mr.Terrific waits until we are in a somewhat shielded location so we cannot be casually eavesdropped upon with a rifle mike, like say, that rig that was just mentioned. "In any case, let me give everyone some background on our target. Wovoka was a shaman involved in the Great Ghost Dance and the rise of magic and the beginning of the Sixth World. That technology turns off around his remains is not a surprise, because that's what the Great Ghost Dance was all about. There are rumors that his remains were disturbed recently, and that's what has been causing the storms and manawarps. Our goal, clearly, is to take his body and transport it. I can't say if the person hiring us is going to re-inter it or not, but like you might have gotten from the trideo, disturbing indian magical burial grounds is bad news. And I'm looking around here, and I'm not seeing that any of us are in fact indian."

Mr.Terrific says "We should expect guns not to work because the Ghost Shirts make guns powerless."

THe side ramp to Scabbard hisses down and blindside steps out.. His hair is florecent blue and glowing, his eyes magenta pink and sparking like lightening. "B-SYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDE IN THE MOTHAFRAGGEN HIZZZOUS!"

Mr.Terrific is kind of upstaged.

Sasha stops and simply stares, her ability to comprehend momentarily suspended.

Dalton shakes his head, he had heard rumors, but had yet to really meet the dwarf in all his glory, and here he is. He shrugs and nods "Good evening Mr. Blindside." he says to the dwarf "Which transport will be carrying the team?"

Vera nods. "But they work against the military, don't th….?" she asks, quietly, after the explanation is given. She stops and stares at the truly unexpected entrance, her mouth half-open.

Mr.Terrific says "So, uh, yeah. This is just a guess, but guns working will be intermittent. Might work sometimes, might not other times. Swords and axes and bows will always work."

Blindside step-dances down the ramp, little hip thrusts and pumping as he goes. Mutt and Jeff, 2 foot tall anthro-form (humanoid) drones with disco-balls for heads come after him, mirroring his movements. "OH YEAH! Feel the beat! The groove! Its' flow'n! Gonna make money! Gonna get pussy! Gonna feel the steel ride the road! BSYYYYYYYYYYYYDE!" And then he throws gang-sign. What gang? He's probably not sure. "And… Uh… I was thinking we take em all."

Blaze's lip kinda curls in a Billy Idol-esque gut reaction to all things.. garrish. She drops the lip and coughs, blinking at B-syde a little. "I don't mean to be rude, but… What happened to you?" she asks curiously, seeming utterly and completely convinced that something -must- have happened to produce such an abberation of normal behaviour.

Ah. THIS guy. Sasha resets her reality and moves forward, nodding to the dwarf. She's heard stories about the guy and probably even seen him about giving the Sinners good money for good drugs and sex. She'll wait patiently for decisions to be made, absently asking Mr. Terrific, "Will this impact any thaumaturgic members of the team?"

Mr.Terrific tells Sasha, "We've already been told magic will be unpredictable. If you have any, it might go in and out."

Dalton nods to Blindside "Then I say we load up and get on the road. We can plan on the trip, no sense wasting valuable time." he looks to the others "We have everything we need, or do we need to stop and shop en route?"

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: I would like to utilize my knowskills and prodigious engineering ability to perhaps rig quick-disconnects for my higher end systems to strip my rides to basic functionality should it be required."

"It looks like everything will be unpredictable," Vera says. "I can probably get us a line on some hand to hand weapons…swords, trench knives, et cetera," she says. "I'm doing to need to gain some things."

«OOC» Sasha says, "Roll them bones. TN is 8 after all modifiers"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Computers (Programming) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
1 1 3 4 4 5 5 10 11 = 2 Successes
<Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Electronics (Vehicular) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
1 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 10 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Electronics B/R (Vehicular) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car Background (Engineering) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car Background (Engineering) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for "KP 1/14":
2 2 3 4 5 5 8 9 10 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 4 for "Mystery":
3 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Robotics + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
2 2 2 2 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Electronics Background + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 8:
3 3 4 5 9 10 14 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Sasha says, "Blindside is able to do the work he desires. It will take 2 hours and can be done in motion without wrecking. He is fairly certain that it will work and not fry himself or the brain."

Mr.Terrific , on the road, will say, "Do we have any idea of how to figure out where the body will be? Anyone do any military hacking, or heard anything about who moved the body, dug it up?"

Blindside looks to Dalton, the only other face he recognizes. "Hey, Nightmare. I'm thinking, we go in in Levi and Cerberus. Cerberus has no high end systems. On the road, I can strip Levi and Scab and Gladdy down, give em quick disconnects if things go poorly, so people can drive them normal or with basic assistance." He looks back. "I like the idea of having Scab in the area, she's a shop if things go bad and she can hold everything we need. Levi and Cerb are good in a scrape, with all those apache."

Dalton nods to Blindside "Whatever you think best, transportation is your area of expertise, but figure we are hauling a coffin out of the location, you got room for that right?"

Blaze mutters at the mention of a coffin, "Here's where I wish I had designed that spell of size reduction." She looks up. "What? Would make it easier to hide a gun."

Blindside points to Leviathan. "Yeah. I got the space. It's no problem."

Dalton nods "What about sensors? Got anything to jam them once we get out of the range of the mana storm? I'm sure we might have pursuit at some point, and I'd rather them not target us directly."

Mr.Terrific also eventually figures out that half the people here don't know the other half, and says, "Oh, and call me 'Mister Terrific.' It's from the old comic books."

Sasha remarks, "Figure they'll be guarding the thing if it has this much significance to the people. Maybe a tent or temporary structure, maybe even a local's house." She listens the conversations flow another direction and quiets down.

Mr.Terrific nodnods to Sasha.

Blaze is lounging quietly, listening to the others along the road.

Vera nods at Leviathan. "Will be useful, no doubt." She can't help but roll her eyes slightly at Mr. Terrific. She nods at Sasha, quite impressed with the woman's sensibility. "I wonder if any damage to the body will be permitted," she says.

Blaze pipes up. "No. The J said good or better condition," she comments.

Blindside shakes his head. "I don't have any EMC, honestly. I can make a few calls, but in the city, ECM is more trouble than its worth. Let me make some calls though." A mutter. "Wish Silk had left a forwarding number."

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: I want to contact Xenon nad see if he has access to any ECM gear - as a street racer and race promoter… he may have that sort of thing."

Indicating herself, Sasha will mention as an introduction, "Reason." She asks towards the front of the truck to Blindside, "Won't make us a bigger target will it? With all the military in the area, we'll probably want to go as quietly as possible towards this one horse town."

«Plot» Sasha says, "Roll dem bones"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Etiquette (Street Racing) + 1 (Contact level):
1 1 3 4 5 10

Blindside looks to Sasha. "Blindside. And on the highway, Scabbard looks like any other rig. We keep her back from the action, and no one even knows she's in the area. Leviathan too. Take a look. They look -legit-. Thats how I do my business. Now, I'm gonna have to call some friends of mine and see if I can get a Motorola-Buster, incase being subtle and nice doesn't work."

Dalton nods to Blindside, then looks around at the others, he doesn't say anything else at the moment, just listening to conversations.

The phone connects, is rerouted, connects, etc. After about half an hour it will finally get forwarded to Xenon who sounds like he is on a track somewhere, the roar of big engines nearby. "What? WHO? Blindside, you son of a bitch, why aren't you down here racing? I could use another driver?!"

Blaze looks at Dalton for a long moment before sliding over in his direction, starting up a soft conversation of her own.

Dalton smiles, and nods to Blaze "Sure, not a problem."

"Hey xenon! Sorry man, yeah! Bambi blew a central cortex relay processor! You know women! Always blowing a fuse over some bulldrek or another! Hey, look, I'm sorry to call with my hand out man, but I need some circuits! I'm running Ute and I need some Motorala-Disconnect. Can you hook a hard rollen ballah up, omae?"

"Ute? Christ man, you shouldn't be out there, the roads are hard on the tranny. Gimme a sec," the phone is pressed against someone's chest a moment and you hear screaming and then an explosion. "Well, looks like I am up some cred tonight. Buster, eh? Yeah, I got something you could have, but you'd need to go get it. Which way are you heading?"

Blindside glances down at his pocsec. "Looks like out over 80. You know me, I like to roll the road like I own it."

There are several seconds of silence before Xenon answers again, "Right. I got some stuff in Grand Junction. I'll set up the calls and they'll have it en route to you, will meet you at these coordinates and toss them to you, scan?" The roar of a crowd is heard again, "Keep your head down."

"I'm'a dwarf, Xenon! My head's ALWAYS down! Roll strong!"

"Peace." The line goes dead.

Dalton looks around "Are we about settled to get on the road then?"

Blindside nods to Dalton. "Detour to Grand Junction, which ain't nothing. I'll get the EMC there."

Dalton nods to Blindside

Mr.Terrific says "Set and good."

«Plot» Blindside says, " Dedicate, unless something drastic happens, my payout to paying for the ECM. If possible, I'd like an R5 system. 75k base cost, SI of 4. I will pay difference in cash."

Vera nods. "All right. I've got a drop for all of our equipment. Looks like I was able to do quite well for us," she says. "We'll at least all be properly dressed for the occasional, and I think we'll be equipped to make a night op of it." She smiles. "Hope everyone is able to be nice and quiet"

Sasha says nothing. Then again, she seldom does. She'll sit quietly, going over the basic information for the run and considering the map of the area.

«Plot» Vera says, "Any way I could make a hail mary through my fixer to find out information on what military units might be deployed in the area?"

«Plot» Sasha says, "Sure. Prove the fixer, give us a roll"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) has the Contact Les with the following information:
-----> Contact for Vera (#11342) <-----
Contact Name: Les
Level: 1
Type: fixer
GM Note: Les is a small time fence, a man with a reasonable network of contacts. He's done business for lots of retail boosters and so is relatively small time, but in the past couple years he's managed to secure significant orders. Still, he has barely more than an introduction to Vera.


«Plot» Blaze says, "If not, I have a Decker that might could be of use in that matter?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Etiquette:
1 1 2 4 5 9

«Plot» Sasha says, "You can do that too"

<Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) has the Contact Gery with the following information:
----—> Contact for Blaze (#10706) <----—-
Contact Name: Gery
Level: 1
Type: decker
GM Note: Gery. Gery, Gery, Gery. Gery is one heck of a strange guy. Human with an Elf fetish, but that's not what makes him wierd. He just… exudes Socially Awkward. Imiri met Gery through some old pals from her wild and crazy days. He was their Decker of choice. He drooled, she endured, they traded info, and now he gets her tidbits of information when she needs it. For a little reimbursment of course.

Blaze looks down at her right hand and flexes it, watching the flames dance over the skin. She turns then to Vera and strikes up in a conversation that is quite obviously in the Elf's native tongue. "* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *" (Sperethiel)

For Vera: Les will get back in contact with you after about 45 minutes, relating "Ok, here is what I know .. I mean, this wasn't easy, mind you, a bit out of my range. Still, you have what I am told is the 'Ute 7th Irregulars' patrolling in that area, as well as a detachment of government men from the Ministry. They don't have a unit identification that I could find. There are some mercenary forces in the area too that go by the name of Hobson's Bushmen."

For Blaze: Gery will spend at least the first ten minutes talking to Blaze about what she is wearing and why she isn't coming to see him. He'll get serious afterwards and relate much of what Vera found out, adding in that The Ministry has a number of magicians in the area investigating the storms.

«Plot» Blaze says, "Can I also ask him to look and see what's being whispered about any magical aberrations and whatnot? That think about tentacled eyes caught her attention."

"Oh that? You like tentacles? I have about 38 GP of files on tentacles that I could loan you on the topic? No? Maybe later, then. Ok, in that area I don't see anything about tentacles, but I heard that there were cats falling from the sky in Nevada yesterday. That and sheet lightning that fried a helicopter out in the boonies. Other than that, there isn't much magical to talk about .. well, other than your eyes, of course."

The redheaded, hippy elf looks back blankly at Blaze, a single eyebrow lifted. Clearly she's not understanding at all what her sister in knife-eardom is saying. At an appropriate pause, she cuts in, "I'm sorry, I don't speak…that language. It was never a part of my schooling," she replies. "Britons usually have tended not to group according to type that way…it just isn't done." While that may be an exaggeration, perhaps it just reflects her's background. After gaining contact with Les, Posh is happy to distribute her information to the rest of the assembled gang.

Blaze just rolls those 'magical eyes'. "Gery… Stay on topic, love. You might be saving my life, and after all, sweetie, I can't come see you if I'm dead in Nevada! Now, I need you to look around and see if you can find any information on Wokova. Any legends that stipulate his body? Superstitions? Ancient indian magic and the like? There's a love. Look -reaaaaally- hard and deep and I'll send you something nice and pretty for your birthday."

Dalton listens to everyone, not offering anything new at the moment, his idea of legwork is catching someone and ripping data from thier brains, and, well, he doesnt know where to find the person with the right info.

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6:
1 1 3 4 5 11

Sasha looks up at the elvish chatter and then shrugs, going back to planning. She's got the weather channel up on her secretary as well as a number of subwindows, superimposing different vectors to approaching the town on a map.

Gery sighs and there is a moment of silence, "Fine, fine, hang on .. sure. This Wovoka or whatever guy was a big time shaman during the Great Ghost Dance and .. gah, ugly fragger too. Anyway, he was a heap powerful injun, you know? There aren't any superstitions listed here, but I can dig into all the various info sources. It'll take days, there is a myth about everything out there."

After deliberation, Blindside calls the All-Aboard. People ride in the big rig's trailer. A full apartment (Halfer sized, but you can shower), a vehicle shop and storage for Cerberus and Gladdius (In top/bottom racks at the rear). It's comfortable enough as Blindside bustles around, checking circuts and preparing the rig to run cold.

"Lsiten up!" He says, dropping the 'baller' act to talk serious. "When we hit the border, we're a private transport company headed to the LVCE. Our passes are issued by Giatronics and we're hauling personal property of their local operations manager. We've got a security contingent if we get pressed, but otherwise, I don't think its an issue! Stay down, stay out of sight, and lets roll on through. Any questions?"

"None." Sasha collects her gear and stays as far out of the way as possible, perhaps under workbench. She'll continue working on tactical maps and other such nonsense, some of her screens reviewing uniforms for the Ute.

Vera smiles. "We'll be driving through Nevada with a rifle rack? I don't think we have too much to worry about," she says with a grin. "It'll be as easy as going through Aztlan with an AK." She nods to B-Side. "How far away should we park the vehicles, and operate the drones from? On foot is probably the quietest way in."

Mr.Terrific saith, "Got it." He is dressed as is appropriate, which is to say, casually - his agressive crap is all hidden and he's where he's supposed to be layin' low.

Dalton hrms, and just finds a spot to settle down, his bag stowed away somewere safe. He just relaxes casually as he rides along, listening to the others.

Blindside waves off Vera's questions. "That can't be answered from here. Drones may not be an option. For this duration of this run, I'm counting myself as a driver. A really, really good driver." he says, looking back to the others. "Now. If you want to enjoy the ride, My porn collections over there. I'm catching a shower and a change of clothes, then we hit the border. Scabbard!"

"Yes, Mr. Sorenson." Intones the truck, it's voice -exactly- liek a certain transforming big rig from the age of yore.

"Send the codes to Levi, standard trucker white, logo pattern 42 with 'LowBall Trucking' for text."

"Confirmed. Vehicular appearance is changed."

Blaze pouts over her phone, the sound obvious in her voice. "Gery, I don't -have- days. I've got two or I could be dead. Now look. I need the big ones. The ones that are most legit. Can you do a rush order for me? I swear I'll make it worth your while." She puts the phone against her chest and shakes her head to signify that she's fine. She finds herself a spot to rest and -drapes- as is her wont. "Just stick to the things that pertain to his burial and treatment of his burial site. I don't want to piss off the natives."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Charisma:
1 3 3 4 4 4 7 11
«OOC» Blaze says, "poop"

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 2:
1 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 + 6 vs TN 8:
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 11 13 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Mystery/Danger":
2 2 2 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 4 for "Degree":
1 2 4 5

Mr.Terrific is clearly waiting to see if Gery can tell us all something taht Mr. Terrific didn't already deduce.

"Always a promise and never the real thing," Gery sighs, "Sure, sure, I'll look into it and give you a call back." He'll disconnect before getting TOO distracted and delve into the Matrix's seedy magical side.

After about 4 and a half hours he'll call back sounding winded and a little off, "Heeey there. I got somethin' I think. Seems there are some stories that the bodies of all the Great Ghost Dancers were protected by quote Powerful Enchantments from the Spirits end quote. Someone was waiting when I went to go get that data too, so watch your hoop. I caught a hell of a slam from some ice there." He whines, "My head huuuurts."

Vera regards Blindside with a hint of skepticism. "Charming," she says, watching Blaze's naturally talented manipulation chops at work. She gives a little smile to the redheaded elf, giving her a little encouraging, but silent golf clap if she manages to catch her eye. She then, with her basic but still extant level of knowledge, begins to check over the gear, making sure everything is good and prepared.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Gery is unavailable from this point onwards for the duration of this run."

Mr.Terrific hms. "Well, fortunately we have at least one spirit expert here."

Dalton remains quiet as the other runners work thier collective magics, he just sits back and thinks about things, since no one is going over battle plans as of yet.

Blaze awwws into the phone. "Poor darling. Thank you for the warning. Go sleep it off and I'll send you something when I get back in town." She pauses. "You did good, babe." And she hangs up. "Right. So. Apparently there's a big bad mojo spirit out there guarding the body." She looks at Nightmare. "And the Ministry has several magicians out in the area. So we'll have to be on our guard and astral up."

Dalton nods "We keep astral activity to a minimum, meaning we go in without spirit cover. The background count in the area should hide us fairly well if we dont set off any flares."

Blaze adds. "And someone was watching 'trix about that particular tidbit concerning the powerful enchantments. So… My decker told us to be careful on that too."

Mr.Terrific says "If we can't stealth it all the way, we might want to take out one of their roving magic teams, dress as them."

Mr.Terrific says "But that's for when we get on site."

Dalton shakes his head "Dressing as them wont make much difference. The roving teams will be astral forms with spirits. No point in sticking your meat into the fire."

Blaze just looks at Dalton for a long moment when he mentions not setting off flares. She actually… pouts.

Mr.Terrific says "We shall see."

"But I -like- flares," Blaze says plaintively. "And fires…" She sighs, grumbles consignes herself to being boring the whole time in.

From under a workbench, Sasha remarks, "Going to need to get in with a truck unless one of you plans to cart this thing off on your shoulder. Even the body would be heavy, add in the coffin …" She'll shrug, unseen, tapping on the digital screen.

Dalton grunts "I could levitate it, if the spell will work."

Dalton says, "We should go in on foot first, find the body, then arrange for a method to transport it out."

Dalton smiles at Blaze "Sometimes, the best jobs, go off without a single shot fired. We can hope thats how this goes."

Vera smiles. "Well, I'm not squeamish, and body-snatching is a perenially favored British crime. We practically invented it more than two hundred years ago," Vera teases. "But yes, I think that it is wise to go in on foot, secure the area, and bring the vehicle in fast and as covert as possible."

Scabbard's breaks hiss as they disengage. The rig rolls out after Gladdy and Cerberus are stowed in their racks and the doors are resealed. Leviathan falls into line behind Scabbard and the two massive trucks head north by north west, headed for Highway 70 where it cuts west through the Ute Nation. "Eta is 10 minutes to border! So make sure your illegals are stowed, in case they want to do a walk through."

Mr.Terrific is stowed yes sir.

Dalton has stowed his illegals away safely, or as best he can do in an unfamiliar rig. He tries to enjoy the ride.

Grunting, Sasha will dig in her bag and consider some of the objects there. She'll pocket a few things and then drag the bags into one of the bins for tools, closing it afterwards and returning to her position under the bench.

Blaze nods. "That'd be nice…" she tells Dalton, "but I'd like to blow -something- up. A munitions dump maybe?" She smiles hopefully, apparently meaning it. She makes sure that what little she has is properly sorted between legal and illegal and hidden and in plain sight.

Blindside comments to Blaze… "Fourty miles south of Wovoka. There's an old US army Ammunition depot and plant. Plenty of exlposions there."

Dalton arches a brow….."Wait…fourty miles? Would a giant explosion there cause a distraction for us?"

Blaze sits BOLT upright, the look of a starving man being promised a feast on her face. "Ammunitions …depot… and plant?" Oh for frag's sake. She's practically a pyro.

Blindside comments simply. "Oh, I think it would be a big distraction, actually." He says, clearly having been thinking this over. Halfer's got skillz.

Dalton looks to Blaze "You got a fire elemental you can give up for the cause? I can get through any wards they have, and your elemental can go to town setting the place ablaze."

Vera smiles. "That's one idea. We might also try a quiet infiltration, but that's…certainly something different." She chuckles. "I just wonder if that'll make any vehicle a target for the forty miles between us and the target."

Dalton shakes his head "We can be 200 miles away from the site."

Dalton says, "It should thin out the guards around the town, making our quiet infiltration, easier"

Mr.Terrific makes a benedictine gesture. "I like this plan."

Sasha looks balefully out from beneath the desk and remarks, "There is already a great deal of military in the area. Things randomly exploding at places they are watching …" She'll quiet down as everyone seems in agreement, starting a new page on her notes.

"Or will it put them on alert?" Vera nods to Sasha. "I think we should not rush into something like this."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 3 4 5 5 7 10

"There are other options, as always." Says the halfer as he steps in to the small apartment area. "Remember! These peopel are shooting at each other already. I think the last thing you want to do is give them an outside enemy to focus on. I notice none of us are exactly injun!"

Dalton nods "Its just a thought, your right, it is a rather obvious distraction."

"Give me a bit after the border and I can fix that," Sasha remarks, gesturing towards her stowed gear.

Blaze purrrrrs and nods. "Phionia should be willing to help out." She grins. "Phionia would be able to make it look like like an accident." Another Billy Idol lip curl as people back off the idea and she settles back down with a pout and a huff. Elven pouting. How adorable.

"Now, the right-placed silent rifle shots…" She smiles and nods to Sasha. "Very well. I probably am not the best myself, but perhaps I know enough to assist?"

Coming back in to the public area, Blindside's dressed in a corp-trucker's uni-suit. A jumpsuit with a vaugely uniform look that has a velcro logo slapped on the chest. It lists him as 'Mark'. "Alright. Border in 120 seconds. I'm crawling forward throught he tube to the rig. You all stay quiet, and turn down the porn." A pause. "I like marker 39. Good dog-woman scene there."
Blindside turns then, for the front of the rig.

Dalton shudders faintly at the idea of dog-woman scenes, and merly waits for the chance of an inspection tour.

Sasha, thankfully, is in a position where she cannot see the trideo nor get an accurate shot on it. She'll shake her head and remark to Vera, "That would be good, yes." She'll go quiet again, waiting to see if they are going to be searched and if there is a place to hide a body around here.

Borders

<Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 5 for "Mystery":
1 1 1 2 2

Almost immediately after blindside disappears, the bigrig starts the process of downshifting. Trucks like this don't use their breaks if they can avoid it. They use their engines and transmissions to slow the vehicle then use breaks for fine control and stopping. Bringing the truck to a stop finally, the breaks hiss and the big engine idles. The front cap's window rolls down, and Blindside, his hair a normal color and his eyes a normal shade, peers out to the check point, paperwork at the ready.

"Oh, Vera says bordely, trying to beat Blindside at his own game, and taking a complete stab in the dark. "I was disappointed it was only one dog." She's at the moment checking the monosword she had managed to secure, one thankfully in something rather vaguely familiar to her, an industrially modern take on an old cavalry sword, wickedly sharpened on one edge and coming to a hatchet point. She makes sure to secure the weapon in hiding after checking that it meets her muster, and then starts to sort the equipment she is keeping on her person: among other things, the scabbard for that sword, a sheath up toward her armpit, a pair of tactical holsters, and makes sure her precious grenades are snug on those housings. Once arriving at the checkpoint, she is all civilian again, cooly enjoying a smoke as she prepares to smile at the checkpoint officer if he looks her way. Her paperwork is ready too.

And thats the scary part. Blindsides not playing.

The Ute Border is normally a nightmare to get through, due to racial paranoia and near constant battles and politics. Today, however, things seem almost normal. A very bored guard looks up at Blindside, "Papers?" The computer system has already checked the trucks transponder and beacons and onboard clearances. The rest is busywork while scanners sweep the truck, weigh the truck, scan the truck, and otherwise irradiate the thing.

Mr.Terrific is only too happy to get his daily recommended dose of beta particles. You can't have too many!

«Plot» Sasha says, "Blindside, perception check visual please"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Intelligence for "Natural Dwarven Vision":
1 1 3 3 3 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Intelligence for "Natural Dwarven Vision KP 2/14":
1 2 4 7 8 8 8 9

FOR BLINDSIDE: You notice, over the border guard's shoulder, that none of the scanners are actually scanning your vehicle. Instead, it appears that they are on a diagnostic mode at the moment.

Blindside offers the papers (It's a stick, mind) down to the guardsman. "How's the pass, sir? Weather shifts so quick, the weather services can't always keep up."

"Word I have from a buddy down there is that it is like a twister out there. High winds, icy roads, lightning strikes. And if you go further in country, it just gets worse. Big time storm blowing in, you know?" He slots the stick routinely and hands it back without a wink or any other sort of acknowledgement of doing anything wrong. "Keep it slow, friend. We've already had a few trucks overturn."

Blindside nods to the assessment from the soldier. "Son." Says the trucker, tossing the soldier a pack of smokes. "Keep warm. I 'appreciate ya. We clear to roll?"

Vera chuckles softly, after dragging on her smoke. In her mind, should there be any more need for idle speech, Vera will select a light CAS twang, shedding her British accent while going in 'acting' mode. She tosses a friendly wink at the soldier as Blindside throws the pack of cigs.

Dalton is in the back of the rig, he sees no soldier, he sees no blindside, he simply sits quietly.

"Appreciate it." He'll nod to Vera with a smile should he see her and pocket the smokes, ducking back inside the windproof and warm control post, the gates rising quickly and mechanically, the tire shredders retracting and the automated heavy assault cannons not engaging. The lighs go green and you are good to go.

Sasha sits quietly in the back, as quiet as the corpse they are after.

Mr.Terrific is probably asleep.

Blaze is back inside and keeping quiet.

The engine throttles up as first through fifth are used just to get the rig up to three miles an hour. The next four gears get her up to 30 miles an hour, and then they are rolling smooth (weather permitting) for Grand Junction, in the Ute Nation proper. "Alright. Smoke em if you gottem, we're in injun territory. Scabbard, passive scanners, I want all local commchatter thats not encrypted. If you detect high band encryption though, give me an alert."

"Confirmed, Mr. Sorenson."

Mr.Terrific gets his stuff ready to change back into for to transform, and roll out when the sneaking on the ground begins.

Vera feels the nervousness start to build, the delicious thrill of impending action. It focuses, tightens her thinking, makes her think about angles, because soon…it may be time for her to use one of the tools she spends a rather decent amont of time with. She smiles. "Let me check the regular news reports or area information to see if there's a no-entry zone for civilians posted."

Dalton looks towards the front of the rig, then back to the others "Well, the hard part will be getting out of the territory. So, anyone got any ideas? So far, I think we agree to go in on foot, locate the target, and then figure an extraction method, be it magic or vehiclular."

Local News: The Local news will report that civilian traffic in and around Wovoka is ill advised by order of the Ministry of Self Determination. Local weather patterns are unstable and the MSD cannot be assured that civilians will not be injured by lightning strikes and poor roads. The MSD thanks you for your cooperation, citizens.

Vera nods. "I agree with on-foot infiltration. But what about exfiltration on foot? With a little webbing, it would be very easy to make a makeshift stretcher so two could carry him easily. I can't think of any way quieter, unless with magic." She smiles. "Good news. There's a civilian advisory, but no no-entry zone. That means we might be able to bring the van into the town and park it in a secluded spot, perhaps."

Mr.Terrific says "I am liking your plan. It's vaguely possible we might have to disguise ourselves as the enemy. It's equally possible that we'll all get turned into dingoes.""

Putting the truck on brain-drive, Blindside starts back into the rig. He reaches for his tool kit. Stepping over to Sasha, he wraps his knuckles on the counter. "I need down there, lady. Thats the main access port for the generator feeds, and where every major fuse relay runs through."

CURRENT WEATHER/UTE NATION The Ute Nation is currently under a Mana Storm Warning. Expect extreme weather conditions and high winds. Seek shelter. Stay in your homes if extreme weather conditions are in your area and away from all windows and doors. Some areas may experience thaumaturically enhanced weather conditions and situations. Do not leave shelter under any circumstances. Current Temp: 19 F (-7 C), Winds 23 MPH (37 KPH) with gusts.

Sasha nods and crawls out from under the desk, her small frame allowing her easier access than many. She'll find another place out of the way to lurk

Mr.Terrific , if the trailer has mirrored/tinted windows/spell ports, will spend some time assensing out of them. Just keeping an eye out, spotting for trackers and spirits and weirdness.

Blaze bites her lip for a second and she looks at Dalton. "Nightmare. Any chance you can prep us for the mana storm?" she asks softly. "Last thing we need is someone getting a massive headache and slipping into siezures."

Blindside grunts as he starts the process of de-linking the systems that basically run the truck, letting them operate independently of each other - so any failures are not cascading… this is where he'll be for the next few hours as the truck heads to Grand Junction. He also uses the time to prep an empty circuit for the incoming ECM.

Mr.Terrific actually, here starts applying his spell defense to the truck itself.

Dalton shakes his head and looks to Blaze "Your best bet, is not to cast at all. It could kill you."

Once they are well under way, Sasha will dig her gear out and break out the disguise gear she's brought along with her. She'll set up a small mirror and begin working on prepping herself to apply make up and prosthetics, a face mask carefully set up on an inflatable head.

Blaze tightens that beestung mouth of hers, making it look like a little heart. "Well, if I die, make sure my body gets sent back to Tir-Tairngire, will ya?" she asks, a perfectly formed eyebrow arching ever so slightly. She looks down at her hand and flexes it, making the flames dance across the play of muscle and sinew.

Dalton smiles at Blaze "You wont die, I'll get you out, don't worry. Just, try not to cast anything unless your life depends on it. Ok?"

Blaze just smiles back at Dalton, grey almondine eyes focused with great intensity on the human male. "I promise to be careful. No undue risks." Which is saying a lot from someone governed by an element as mercurial and unstable as fire.

Dalton grins "Tell you what, we make it out of this intact, and I'll introduce you to some people I know that can help your magical career go a bit smoother."

«OOC» Dalton says, "What exactly does a manastorm do to spellcasting? Want a magic bg roll for that?"

«OOC» Sasha says, "Sure."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic Background:
1 2 3 4 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic Background for "KP:1":
1 1 1 1 4 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Magic Background:
1 4 4 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Magical Threats:
1 2 3 4

Vera spends a little time checking the weapons she had brought herself, in addition to the ones she had acquired for the team. "Hey Dalton," she says, after a moment. "I think I might be the best out of us with a rifle, and I have quite good gear. I was thinking about setting up some sort of overwatch over the entry, nearby, and it might be more convenient to have more than one tool for the job. Think you can help me out?" she asks.

DALTON: From what you recall, mana storms will disrupt magical castings by raising the ambient magical levels to the point where casting is difficult. They can also come with other magical traits, not the least of which is spontaneous spellcasting.

Dalton arches a brow "I'm not exactly sure what your asking for. You want to setup overwatch somewhere, but whats this about tools?"

"Rifles, I can't carry more than one at a time, really, unless I've got one in each hand, but then I can't respond nearly as quickly while we're moving in."

Dalton nods "Ahh, sure, yea, I can carry one of your extra rifles. All I've got is a small shotgun and a pistol."

Vera nods. "I was thinking a position nearby, but not too near, and I could provide cover to make sure you guys don't get jumped. Ideal would be is if I had someone with me, to watch my own back while I'm watching the routes in and out to the situation. But then again, I might be more useful taking the position itself - I dare say I'm at my best up close and personal."

Dalton shakes his head "We cannot split up. I have to have you all near me so I can shield you from the storms effects. Forget the rifles, just take one, and your pistols. If I leave you alone, its quite possible you'll get turned into a toad, or blasted by lightning, or any number of magical things."

From her new position off on one of the storage crates, Sasha watches what Blindside is doing with the robotic systems of the vehicle. She doesn't ask questions or interfere with the little man, but stays silent, doing her own work and letting him do his.

Blaze looks up. "I remember a story about a chica who got caught in a manastorm and ended up with her tits on her face and her hands turned inside out," she throws in helpfully. "Pretty gruesome." She starts filing her nails.

Vera frowns. "All right, then…well, then that leaves just one decision to make. Powerful or quiet?" she asks.

Dalton looks to Vera "Quiet. The storm is going to give us some measure of cover, but lets not take the chance. Plus, there is something else we have to worry about. If this storm is created by someone or something, and I have to fight it…..well, as soon as I take it out, the storm could vanish instantly, or last a bit longer. There is no way to tell. That means those people outside town, will instantly come into town if it goes down."

Blindside is very quiet as he works, not really talking. He's communicating with the truck via his remote control deck, eying the diagnostic tools. In the back of the rig, Cerberus's turbocharged 12 cylinder engine roars to life, then dies just as quickly, followed by a point by point activation of all on board systems. The hood cowling clatters back, revealing the vindicator autocannon. It's barrel spins up, then spins down, the weapon dry firing twice. "Good… good.."

"Quiet would be best," Sasha remarks, not looking up from her maps. "If things go wrong, it is a long way home with the entire Ute Military on our backs, along with storms, magical whatevers and so forth."

Dalton nods "So, do we have an idea of which side of town we want to infiltrate on? We need to setup the rig behind the perimeter, and go in somehow. The data listed some roads that might work, but I'd prefer to go overland if we can, avoid the chance that the roads are being watched."

Blindside comments from the back. "We go in with Leviathan or in my secondary vehicles. Alternately, we steal local rides. I prefer that idea for recon actually. Plenty of chaos out there."

Mr. Terrific is currently asleep, dozing his way across the country.

Blaze is merely lounging around, listening and waiting. Waiting. The NASTY part of a run.

Vera nods. "Very well. It's a good thing I got silencers for the spare rifles then," she says, opening a rather small briefcase, from which she begins to assemble a beautifully made, precision bullpup rifle. It only takes a few seconds to fix together, the long barrel shroud of the weapon narrowing down less than usual at the end of the hand grip to reveal an integral silencer. She nods, confirming the discussion. "There's a civilian advisory for the whole area," she says. "But there's no required evacuation order. Maybe they think it would raise too much suspicion?

According to the maps, the Utes and the MSD have a perimeter of five miles around the town, and have additional patrols via air, ground, on foot ranging farther out, though exactly how far out isn't detailed.

Dalton looks over the intel "Ok, so, are we assuming we can just drive right into the town without being noticed?"

Blindside glances to Dalton… "No. I assume there are people examining every new arrival for loyalty and ability. An interesting idea might be to pose as mercenaries and see if anyone hires us."

"Might even go in a few ways. Not all our eggs in one basket." Sasha clears the screen and comments, "Looks like there is some minor scuffles between the Ministry forces and the normal Ute Army. That might be an avenue to explore as well, given the friction between the two."

Dalton frowns "You mean split up? I'd rather not, seeing as once we get inside the storm, I'd like to be able to protect the team as best I can."

Vera nods to Blindside. "I don't think that's particularly realistic…mercenaries seem to me to be very rarely contracted on site. They would probably rightly think we were just trying to gain access." She smiles, and nods to Sasha. "Well, we've got mages with us, right? Do we know if the Ute Army is in possession right now, or is not? It might be easier to fake being Ministry, given the fact that some of us are mages and their uniforms may not be as regularized as the Ute Army."

Vera clarifies, "I don't mean on close inspection."

Sasha shrugs and goes to check on her mask. Sastisfied with the job on it, she'll put some last minute refinements on the prosthetic while she speaks, "Overwatch usually means splitting up too," she'll aim towards Dalton, nodding absently to what Vera has said. "Maybe so."

Blindside comments simply to Vera.. "Something to keep in mind." Says Blindside, pointing at Vera with a greasy wrench. "Right now, we're doing 60 miles an hour through a third world nation. The Ute Nation is not economically depressed, it committed suicide a half hundred years ago. I promise you, that place is crawling with every man who could get to the area and thought they had a marketable skill, tool or even an idea."

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls Disguise + Task Pool: 1 for "Open Test, +4 for mask.":
2 2 3 4 5 5

Vera nods. "One advantage we have of having such similar gear," she says, pointing out that what she has arrayed out, "is that from a distance it does make us all look more legitimate."

Blaze coughs, looks at Dalton. "Will you be able to back me up in the Astral once we get to the Big Nasty if you're busy shielding all of us?" She looks at Vera for a moment. "The problem with Mana Storms, dear, is that they are exceedingly unpredictable. All you know is that there will be lots of freaks, lots of shits, and after that?" She arches an eyebrow. "Hail, Discordia."

Dalton studies the information for a moment. "Alright, with the storm cover, and all the distractions, and with our fancy camo gear. My idea is simply to get dropped off at 15k out, and walk the distance into town, moving from ground cover to ground cover. Basically sneak into the town, find the target, and see if we can sneak out with it. Granted, that's risky in itself, avoiding patrols and that. I'm happy to listen to everyone elses ideas though."

Blindside looks to Dalton. "Man, when was the last time -you- walked 10 miles in the desert? You're snorting nova."

Mr.Terrific looks wry, waking from his doze. "It's only seven miles. Through the desert. In the storm."
Mr.Terrific asks Dalton, "You have Mob Mind?"

Vera frowns. "Yeah, I don't think any of us have the survival capabilities…unless one of us is an Arizona ranger that I don't know about," she replies. "I think we should simply drive towards the objective and keep our eyes peeled for roadblocks. If they've set one up, they're not going to search every vehicle they're turning away. And we should keep the news station on to see if there's new advisories."

Dalton nods to Mr.T "Yes, I have that spell."

"Scabbard." Prompts Blindside.

"Yes, Blindside?"

"What is our ETA to Fallon, Ute Nation?"

Mr.Terrific says "If we run across a patrol of schlubs, you or I can take the group over, and that group can sponsor us into the town, represent us as 'experts', and tell us where the most-guarded or dangerous location is.""

Dalton arches a brow "Your relying on a magical tactic that may or may not work depending on the background count and fluctuations from the storm. That's a bit risky."

Blaze snorts. "I am not walking fifteen clicks through the desert in the middle of a manastorm," she says firmly. But then… It's decided that's a not so fun idea, and she settles back. Filing nails. One might notice that she's actually filing them down to a militaristic shortness and then scratching them over grimy surfaces until they looks beaten and dirty. So much for the manicure.

"Estimated Time of Arrival at present speed is 155.2 minutes, Blindside." Responds the bigrig without delay.

"Scan a mile radius. I want local vehicles. Low electronics emissions, high exhaust emissions, large heavy metal content. Find me something crappy."

Vera nods. "But…" She frowns at Dalton. "Wouldn't the Mob Mind, as I understand it, be best used outside the storm anyway? And couldn't the…thoughts already be part of their understanding of the world by the time the magic could interfere with it?" She frowns. "But then again, that might be a bit too blatant. We don't know what we'll run into, and no plan survives first contact with the enemy. Let's keep the news on and deal with things as we need to…on the general principle of sticking together. We'll probably have finer magical protection from you all than anyone else in the area will."

Dalton shrugs slightly "Alright, I'm no genius at planning things, so I'll leave that to someone else. I will let you all know what I bring to the table. I have a large selection of mind control spells, as well as some defensive and offensive spells of varying sorts. I can also field a large number of nature spirits, which can provide concealment, confusion, enhance our movement rates, or fight for us. Other than that, I got a shotgun. Feel free to figure out what to do with me."

Sasha has been quiet, which isn't surprising, but in this case it is because she was in the bathroom fixing her face. Her new face, that is. The mask is blended in now and fully in place, her features completely altered. A wig has joined the disguise along with changes in any other visible skin tones. She appears, to all eyes, like someone who may be Paiute or Ute or some other brand of indian. Some say they all look alike. Don't tell that to the tribes.

Mr.Terrific says "And if we need to be represented as 'out of town experts' on the situation, now we have our controlling authority."

Mr.Terrific indicates the mistress-of-disguise.

"I have located a crappy vehicle, Blindside. Northwest, approximately three quarters of a mile away. Size indicates a truck or van. Instructions?"

"Dispatch Gladius for an inspection. Bambi! Get in gladdy. I'll rig you directly if it's worth it."

Bambi, who had been idling near the back of the truck smiles and then heads over to the rack'd Black sportscar and slides into it.

A red light snaps on to warn that the back ramp is coming down, along with an audio warning. "»REAR RAMP IS OPEN. STAND AWAY.«"

Blaze raises a finger. "I blow things up," she says simply. "I can handle some Astral combat, I heal a little and… SOMETIMES I can manage to go invisible. Hard for me to maintain, however, so I won't count on it." She looks up. "Oh. And I've got a Colt Manhunter and no aversion to fighting dirty when up close."

Mr.Terrific says "I can keep one, maybe two people invisible. But again, magic may go wonky."

Mr.Terrific asks Blindside, "Are you securing an infiltration vehicle for us?"

Vera nods. "I can claim to be an outside expert…I'm ever so good at talking my way out of things." She frowns. "Our negotiation earlier notwithstanding." She looks up at the sound of the alert, and nods to Blaze. "That's good to hear."

The now American Indian Sasha moves to take a seat and start pulling on the bits of gear from her bags. She'll look up as the team has sharing time and says, "I kill people in interesting and exotic ways." Sort of like you'd say, "I'd like a muffin." She goes back to arming herself.

A few seconds later, sparks fly from the rear of the rig as the back ramp hits the asphalt. There's a humming sound as the electromagnets underneath Gladius disengage. The engine purrs to life, not like the roar of Cerberus. While Cerberus beats its chest and lets you know it's BAD ASS… Gladius murmurs in your ear and runs a hand down your chest. It backs down the ramp, hitting the asphalt and veering off, out of sight.

Blindside nods to Mr. Terrific then. "Yes. SOmething less obvious, something more local."

Mr.Terrific saith unto Blindside, "Rock on."

The wind howls outside of the truck when Blindside's car takes off. You can see ice on the road should you look and things sound pretty rough out there.

LOCAL WEATHER REPORT indicates temperatures are plunging lower than expected this evening, with winds picking up towards the Reno area. Some reports have indicated that sheet lightning is plaguing much of the Nation as well.

Dalton looks around, after the door to the back of the truck closes "So, our options are to go in as mercs then? Anyone got any contacts that can help us verify that story?"

Blindside checks his countdown clock. They had 48 hours or so when they took the job…

"Blindside Baby!" Says Bambi over the truck's speakers. There's a sound like she's taking a sucker out of her mouth. "Real piece of shit here. Routing you the telemetry."

"Gladius, Main Screen, Turn On."

"Someone set us up the bomb." intones the truck in all seriousness, as an LCD projection comes up on the side of the truck's interior. A 2035 Ford Comanche King Cab Pickup truck is shown, one fender crushed, the doors a different color than the body, no tailgate and a makeshift front bumper.

"Perfect baby. Hold on. I'm about to be inside you."

"You know I love it when you talk like that, blindy baby."

Mr.Terrific says "If and when the sneaking doesn't work, that's our vague cover story."

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: I am RCD'ing into Bambi and stealing the truck."
«OOC» Blindside says, "Do you want rolls, or does my sexy sexy robot body trump? :)"

Blaze nods to Vera and stretches. Then Dalton speaks and she winces. "I'm afraid my Decker's going to be out of the picture for a while. He really put himself out there to get us the heads up on the spirit guardian and the Big Brother. He's a good boy, but… He's gonna have to sleep that one off." She looks around. "Anyone else?" Suddenly she shakes her head, lip curling up again. "And does anyone else wonder if we're not just over complicating the shit out of this? Simplest solution is often the right one…"

«Plot» Sasha says, "Be sexy, no rolls needed at the moment"

Sasha grunts her agreement with that last comment.

Blindside glances at Blaze, then Sasha, smirking. There's a reason he's getting rathole truck.

Blindside settles into his command chair, plugging the RCD into his datajack. "Scabbard. If I'm not here or am unreachable, accept Verbal commands from runner marked 'Nightmare'. Nightmare, please state your name and acceptance for Scabbard."

Vera smiles. "I do think we're just psyching ourselves up at the moment too much, yes. The acquisition of a good vehicle will do a long way. Now, shall we all get armored up?" she suggests.

Dalton blinks, and looks up at Blinsidie, then speaks. "Scabbard, this is Nightmare. I accept Blindsides regulation as second in command."

"Command transfer protocols are accepted." States Scabbard then.

Blindside nods, then goes limp.

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 5 for "Mystery!":
2 4 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 1 for "Chart A":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 1 for "Chart B":
2

Outside, a mile away, Bambi steps out of Gladius. No headlights, no tailights. All the lights are offline, because there's no need for them when you see in radar and hear in ultrasound. Moving forward to the truck, she holds up one hand to avoid the sideways rain. "Fuckfuckshitfuckcockdamnshitfuck!" Says the robot, with Blindsides voice. She looks around, making sure no one is watching, then checks to see if the door on the truck is locked.

Of course it's not. There's no functional door handle. She reaches up and inside, popping the door from inside. A pause is given to eye the truck in detail. No finesse as she jams a screwdriver into the ignition, and forces it over. The truck's engine rotates over and over and over… then finally catches.

The air outside the truck, probably unseen by those inside the truck, changes from the black and overcast stormy night sky into something far different. Every raindrop that falls has its own color, its own sound, its own little display of light. Some scream as they come down while others cheer, some hit the ground like a bomb while others cry for their mothers. The wind is blowing hard, scattering these miracles of magic across the road with thousands upon thousands dying against the side of the truck.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Mages, Perception check"

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Guys. This storms getting worse. I suggest we pull off the road."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence for "Ohh, something magically happening?":
1 2 3 5 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Intelligence for "What's all that going on out there? Can I blow it up?":
1 2 3 3 5

MAGICAL FOLKS: The storm just shifted and Dalton caught a sense, just for a brief moment, that it is not going to be a friendly night. Also, the Background Count is currently 4.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Can we slow it down, but not stop entirely?"

Dalton decides to put shielding on the rig, just in case.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "That's your call Nightmare. You're mojo-lead. But too much of this and I'll have to take manual control of the rides. That's harder than it sounds now that I've got this truck."

Sasha glances quizzically at the wall of the truck, leaning over to listen to the various sounds hammering against the vehicle. A Congo band dies horribly followed by David Brinkley from 1978 reading the news.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Alright, well, I'm getting a bad vibe so things are not going to be happy, but if we stop and wait it out, we lose a lot of time. I'm open to votes if everyone wants to."

Scabbard swerves slightly to run over Toni Basil, that bitch who sang 'Hey Mickey'.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Slow down to a crawl, if it gets bad enough you need to go to manual, then we stop."

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Make it happen, Scabby."

The engine of Scabbard seems to fade away as rather than break, the bigrig just takes its metaphorical foot off the gas.

The rain continues to patter down, and the screams and sounds and wind are far more apparent now that the roar of the engine isn't adding to it. The sky is a rainbow of colours currently, the effect quite dazzling if you aren't alarmed about singing/screaming/dancing raindrops.

A few minutes later, the back ramp cycles down, which may be awkward with all the noise outside. Gladdius approaches at high speed from the south, catching up with the rig. It's lights snap on, illuminating the raindroplet of 'Wings', mid 1980s. It splatters unceremoniously.

Blaze is staring at the truck's wall too. And she shudders faintly. "Tits on her face," she mutters.

Dalton remains quiet now, concentrating on providing shielding for the rig and all its occupants, as if somehow that will stop the storm from frying everyone, he has no clue really.

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 for "Multiples bad":
1 2 3 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 3 for "Chart C":
2 4 4

At nearly full speed, Gladdius roars up the back ramp, engine at full speed. She's caught by a tow-hook wire system, brought to Zero miles an hour in about 2 feet of space. It's rough, and the truck shudders, but yeah - blindside has a drone rack capable of launching and recovering full size cars.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Dalton, roll Magic Rating vs TN 10 please."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic vs TN 10 for "Ouch, um, I'll probably KP too for safety":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic - 1 vs TN 10 for "Ouch, um, I'll probably KP too for safety KP:1":
1 1 4 4 4 4 5 8 9 9 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Magic - 2 vs TN 10 for "Ouch, um, I'll probably KP too for safety KP:4 forgot I used 1 earlier.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 7 11 = 1 Success

Vera awaits, a little curious with the ominous nature of the waiting. Always the most edgy part of a run. Except, perhaps, the shooting part.

«Plot» Blindside says, " I'm holding off closing the back ramp until this is resolved, as I think I may have been a bit fast on the recovry."

The rain slows to a crawl, losing its luster and shine. The lights and sounds flicker off abruptly and then a roll of thunder loud enough to shake the vehicle is heard. Moreover, Dalton is sure that it comes with additional force, like that of a sledgehammer the size of a Buick hits the top of his 'shields'. A scream rips through the night, like that of a man being tortured on speakers you'd have in a rock concert.

A voice follows the scream, a hissing sibilant thing that comes from no where, everywhere, inside and outside all at once. "Knock Knock, White Man." Lightning flares white hot outside, a streak of green ripping across the sky and slamming into something in the distance.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Um. Nightmare? Do I need to sacrefice you to the rain god? Cause I'm not really all that 'aztechy'."

Vera arches an eyebrow, subvocalizing quietly. That's seriously…different.

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "That's…not good."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "*Tense voice* Just keep us moving, get us out of this storm."

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Scabbard, proceed to full speed. Take sideroads and aim for storms event horizon."

Sasha looks around for the voice, looking for cover inside the vehicle as well. Not exactly cowering, but she will take advantage of tactical cover.

The bigrigs engine roars to life as Blindside, with Bambi back aboard, jacks directly into the truck. "Blindside in control of Scabbard. Transform and Roll Out."

Mr. Terrific does likewise as Sasha, holding his personal magic around those inside the truck. Fair Play? Sure, but something wants to eat Dalton.

The bigrigs engine roars to life as Blindside, with Gladius back aboard, jacks directly into the truck. "Blindside in control of Scabbard. Transform and Roll Out." Bambi pulls the truck, carefully, into Leviathan's downed ramp to be out of the storm herself.

Blaze grunts and looks at Dalton, her face grim. A muscle works in her jaw but she stays herself as Dalton doesn't keel over. "Hang in there, Nightmare," she says softly. A defiant glare is thrown out the back of the truck, brown eyes turning the shade of molten gold as her ire rises. "Lemme know if you need someone to slice a spirit, hmm?"

Dalton just remains seated where he is, focusing on holding the shielding, and not exactly sure what other options he can add to the situation. He doesn't respond, merely concentrates.

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: Should I make any driving checks or such as the like?"
«Plot» Sasha says, "Yes, +4 for weather conditions"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car + Control Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "3(Base handling)+4(Weather)-2(RCD)":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 = 3 Successes

Vera checks the fit of the sword in the scabbard she had also managed to acquire, one of her fineblades slipped into a convenient sheath on her sleeveless armored camo jacket. "Someone," she whispers. "Let me know, also, if it's time to drop the guns and go hand to hand. I'll guess at the click, but let me know if you know before then."

«Plot» Sasha says, "You are in control of the vehicle. Ice is forming hardcore on the road, however, so your speed will be reduced appropriately"

Dalton tries to seperate a small part of his concentration, that instead of just shielding, he wants to conjure a watcher spirit. Something to take a peek outside.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering off some of the BGcount. Force 4 Watcher spirit.":
1 4 5 5 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring + 2 (PF) vs TN 6 for "BAse TN 4, +2 BGcount not centered.":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Dalton says, "No drain unless the storm messes with that, TD soaks normal L drain."

The back ramp slides back into place as the truck shudders under a sudden sidewind. The trailer sluices to the side, the cars in the racks rattling around loudly.

Dalton holds the shielding, but reaches out to create a small creature of astral energy. The black cloak and hood of his totem cover his features for a moment, then vanish. He speaks quietly to the dark blob that appears in front of him, the blob having one large red eye. "Go above this vehicle, look for any astral entities for 30 seconds, then return to me and tell me how many you saw. Do not leave the vehicle, simply stay with it and come back inside when you have looked around for 30 seconds."

"This sounds like…things might not be quite as stealthy as we hoped," she says, eyeing a considerably larger case than the one that her wicked little bullpup rifle had been stowed in.
em The watcher spirit moves off to do Dalton's orders and rises through the roof of the vehicle.

The watcher spirit moves off to do Dalton's orders and rises through the roof of the vehicle.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Roll Intelligence, Dalton"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Intelligence for "Watcher goes poof?":
1 2 5 5 5 11

FOR DALTON: You feel the little extension of your will and magic float outside above the vehicle. There is a brief second of 'surprise' that registers and then the thing is, poof, gone.

Dalton frowns slightly, still holding his shielding "Ok, well that test is done. Its a bad idea to go outside, and I cant get us a spirit to help our travels."

Blaze sneezes suddenly. Her right hand keeps twitching, like its almost of a mind to do something… rash. "I hate this. I feel like an egg balancing on the edge of a cliff," she mutters. "I need something to fry." Combat mage+waiting=TWITCHY.

Thirty seconds after the orders are sent, the little astral being floats back through the ceiling, manifesting and bobbing there.

Dalton frowns and eyes the watcher, waiting to see if it attacks, or tries to report.

The watcher bobs in front of Dalton for a long few seconds. It then says, "Reporting! You are all going to die!!!!" It begins to cackle at the top of its lungs, spinning in place and shrieking laughter.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Cute."

Dalton while holding his shielding, cause thats far more important than a little watcher thats just scaring the mundanes, he starts to reach out to unravel the astral energies that bind the spirit in place. Banishment.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering against bgcount":
3 4 4 5 5 14 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Conjuring + 6 (PF) vs TN 5 for "Banishing the spirit.":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Sasha says, "It will go bbye, and the test is unopposed. Pose it"

Blaze's hand jerks up in front of her as soon as the watcher returns, her now golden eyes narrowed into slits. Her right hand comes to form a curious position: two fingers pointed up towards the ceiling of the truck, ring finger and thumb touching, pinky extended parallel to the floor. Her whole body is coiled like a well-oiled spring, waiting for the spirit to make a single move towards anyone in the truck.

Vera's hands reach for the close-in weapons, her eyes narrowed as she looks up at the sudden apparition. "A spirit like that," she asks, quietly to Blaze. "Do blades and guns do anything?"

Watchers are really delicate little things, some people theorize they are nothing more than the will of the creator impressed upon astral fluff. Being delicate, the creature is unable to resist the delicate prodding done by Dalton, and soon it dissipates into astral smoke and then vanishes.

Sasha quietly exchanges clips in one of her pistols, slotting in one with a faint gold strip of paint on it. She waits, cautiously watching.

Mr. Terrific stays low, his will and magics currently protecting everyone he can see.

Blaze just shakes her head at Vera, relaxing slightly as soon as the spirit is gone. "Not a Watcher, no," she says softly. And she finds herself a nice place to drape over.

Dalton sighs a bit, his concentration still on the shielding for the most part. "That, should not be possible. This is why I will not be summoning stronger spirits on this trip, and why we will keep magic to a minimum."

«Plot» Dalton 's ally spirit, is back safely on its home plane for this trip, or hanging out at the World Tree, anywhere but here.

Vera nods slowly, settling in her well-sized combat gear, the heavy sleeveless high-collared outer jacket keeping everything snugly in place. "It'll be good to know." She nods to Dalton. "All right, then. If you want a rifle for yourself, we do have a spare."

Dalton reaches under his coat and pulls out a short barreled shotgun, he shakes his head "I got this thing." The shotgun is not that large really, and he returns it neatly to a holster.

Sasha mentions, "Well. That was educational, at least. Now we know something that we had previously only had as a possibility." She'll rise up from where she was crouching, making sure she can quickly draw the pistol she's changed clips on, adding, "So. Screaming rain and magic is unpredictable. Anything else?"

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Roads are heavily iced. I'm downshifting for more power, but we're losing time."

Dalton shrugs "Something hit my shields earlier, so, best we stick together."

"Even if you only know which end is the right end, sometimes, which you can figure out from using another weapon, it can also be useful to have the extra range," the redheaded gun-bunny replies. She glances to Blaze. "You might want to consider it too. They're stolen and clean, though - you can always just drop it."

Blaze is gonna stay put and quiet now unless something comes up. She pulls out her Colt Manhunter and checks to make sure that the laser sight is working and the clip is full. Then she reholsters it. "I've got ranged wea.. Oh feck. Gimme the damn rifle." She grumbles, not pleased about something. "All this fucking mumuring in the background…"

Dalton gestures to the roof "I think the storms will keep visibility down fairly low, long range may not be an option."

Blindside, inside the rig, skips over to Leviathan, using the sat-uplink to access basic matrix feeds of weather services, road condition reports and to get the most updated mapsofts for the region. He then moves Leviathan in front of Scabbard. Leviathan is heavier than scabbard, its heavier mass will break the ice up some for the rig, which has a larger wind profile.

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: Moving LEviathan forward. It's heavier bulk will help the larger profile of Scabbard hold traction."

«Plot» Sasha nods

The rain continues to splatter down, but only regular non-screamy rain. The wind chills the air, turning some of the raindrops into tiny hail that shatters against the windscreen. The roads are icy, treacherous, precipitous even. The occasional blast of green lightning goes from cloud to cloud as you move along, giving the air a ghastly shade.

Dalton idly thinks that with the money from this, he will buy that sleep regulator. Other than thinking that, he simply holds onto the shielding.

Slowly but surely, the vehicles will make their way down the icy road. The sky will change several times along the way, at one point a rainbow will appear, another time smoke dragons will do battle with ice demons on a pink sky. Still, nothing will prevent the runners from growing within half an hour of the small town.

"So," Vera asks. "Is this what the end of the world is going to look like then?" she inquires the others about the changing scenery. "I thought you could only see that on one of those electronic fake windows."

Blindside pulls the big rig off to the side of the road. "Alright. We're as close as we're getting with Scabbard. We'll leave him here, ready to come in if needed. From here, we load into Leviathan, our new truck and I'll take Cerberus. We're far enough away out here that we shouldn't get caught as a hostile in random sensor sweeps."

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: Am I correct in estimating we are about 15 miles from town? Figuring 30mph for highway travel right now without getting crazy"

«Plot» Sasha says, "About that, yes"

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 for "Mystery":
1 1 3 3 5 7

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 10 for "Storm, multiples bad. Triples worse.":
3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 3 for "Chart C":
3 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 5 for "Chart F":
2 2 3 8 10

Dalton continues holding his shielding as they travel. Once they arrive at a spot just thirty minutes distant to the target, he waits as he expects Bside to pull over and setup a camp site basically.

Vera nods, quite clearly impressed at the more serious competence of Blindside as they're approaching the target, considering the truck - the perfect, sturdy, and nondescript vehicle for this sort of work. "Who should drive our rusty new toy?" she asks. "I'm rather naturally quick with my hands, but I've only ever used a motorcycle."

Blindside's voice, over the vehicles speakers.. "Which of you can drive? Like, actually drive a car?"

While you circle the wagons and get ready to go see someone about a dead Injun, the skies simply stop raining. The storm ceases to exist for perhaps 2 minutes.

And then.

And then.

The skies turn purple and the rain simply dumps from the sky along with jagged streaks of reddish lightning. The air itself hums with power, crackling with a purplish-blue light that screams of magic. Speaking of screaming, you hear voices .. your grandmother, a lover, a friend who died in your arms, that kid down the street that was dragged off by the corps. They are calling your name, screaming for you to save them, their voices rising higher and higher, a cacophony of noise and voices and ….

Dalton shrugs "I'm more of a gridguide or drone pilot kinda guy, I got my car to drive itself."

Sasha is about to answer Vera when the world suddenly goes mad. She'll watch the rain and lightning fall and step back towards the relative safety of the trailer, looking this way and that as voices speak and plead, cry and wail at her.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Background Count is currently 5"

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: Since my senses are entirely electronic right now, do I actually hear that?"

«Plot» Sasha says, "Yes, Blindside."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 1 2 4 5 5 19 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 2 3 3 3 11 = 1 Success

Scabbard's ramp retracts, sealing the truck.

Sasha is dumped backwards since she was standing on the ramp, falling ass over teakettle and coming to her feet.

Vera's eyes close, her lips pressing together as she hears the screaming, the terror, before her eyes pop open. "It's not real," she insists, fishing a little shakily for a cigarette, one of her hand made ones, as she also searches for a lighter. Hey, reliance on simple vice in order to get over emotionally disturbing moments is a classic move. She moves to join Sasha, glancing at the other woman. "I suppose it's a good thing to be of a rather mercenary disposition," she says, laying on the bravado.

Dalton stands up inside the back of the rig "Alright folks, try to ignore the noises, its just there to scare us." He looks around "Alright, so, down to the wire now. We just going to drive right up, and if someone stops us, bluff?"

Scabbard seals quickly, perhaps more quickly than is safe. "I'm not going -anywhere-. I hear him out there. He's fucken dead man! Dead! I saw his car hit the wall! Theres no coming back! this is the really real world man!"

Sasha nods soberly, pulling a small chip from out of a pouch on her gear and inserting it behind her left ear. She'll take a deep breath and nod again, her voice coming out in a flat monotone, the shaking in her hands going away, "Yes. It is good." She glances down the truck to where Blindside is yelling from. "Of course, if the transportation stays, the body is going to get wet."

Dalton sighs, perhaps its from his many astral quests, but things like this, you tend to get used to them after the dweller has harassed you a dozen times, and you've seen your own mother killed by the person that raised you. "Its alright Blindside, your far safer with me than you are alone though. We can leave T here to guard your vehicles."

The more the voices howl, more more growly Blaze gets. Eventually, she just sits down and flicks off the sky. And get soaked. She'll sit there until it's time to load into the new vehicles.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Awww Jesus fuck Christ shit cock! Alright. Fucken magic! I hate it! No magic back home! None!"

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "I share your sentiment."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "T can guard your bigger vehicles, but we need your expertise for the pickup."

Blindside unjacks from the rig then, snapping awake. He hops down out of the command chair, then shakes his head. "Okay. Okay. I can do this. No nova. Nova's bad. After. After. Right. T, stay with the rig, I'll take Cerberus. Leviathan will carry those people not riding in our new truck."

Vera nods. "I suppose we should go in our new truck." She glances over to Dalton and Blaze. "There are two more." She glances at Blindside. "I don't think that will work. That car, while lovely, is very obvious. We were hoping you could drive the pickup, I think."

Blindside nods to Vera… "Alright. I can do that. Can you do me up, Reason, like you did yourself up? I can drive, but maybe looking a bit more local."

Sasha looks at the usually wildly dressed dwarf and shrugs. "I can try. I don't have a spare mask but I've a few tools with me. Perhaps it will be enough." She heads to snag her bag and adds, "Don't stand in the rain much, this is waterproof but not Magic Rain waterproof."

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls Disguise + Task Pool: 1 for "Disguise Rainbow Dwarf":
1 1 1 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls Disguise + Task Pool: 1 for "Disguise Rainbow Dwarf, kp 1":
1 3 4 5 5 10

Blindside moves into the apartment at the front, then a few minutes later comes back in a red and grey flannel shirt, all western style, a pair of jeans and a pair of boots. His hair is normal colored, his eyes normal colored. He passes for a normal dwarf at the moment.

It'll take Sasha perhaps ten to fifteen minutes to go through the motions and work out a good Injun disguise for Blindside. She'll go through the motions, rising to check him from different angles a few times before going back to add shadows and contours. Fortunately, he is a metahuman so any imperfections can be written off to his metaspecies.

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Mystery":
1 2 3 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Mystery II":
1 1 2 10 11 = 2 Successes

Vera quirks a smile as she sees the transformation worked by Sasha - indeed, very impressive. "I don't suppose you could give me a quick run-down, to make me look less obviously from a place with horrible food and plenty of rain. And I don't mean Seattle."

Blaze is sitting. In the mud, in her camo, getting wet and glaring at the pink and purple polkadoted sky. It might be a cover for nerves, but anger is a suitable cover most times. Oooh. People are loading up. So the feisty redhead hops in.

And really, how many native dwarvs are there? "Leviathan, roll out 1 click behind the PoS. Scabbard, stay here, Be ready to launch the cars on demand." Says Blindside as he moves for the POS truck.

«Plot» Sasha says, "Blindside, sensor checks"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 for "Scabbards sensors":
1 1 1 2 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 for "Levi's sensors":
1 1 1 2 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 3 for "Gladdy's sensors":
1 2 2

«Plot» Sasha says, "Runners outside, perception test"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 (Daltons.intelligence):
1 1 1 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 (Mr.T):
1 3 3 5 11 14

Rain, thunder, clouds and overall cover do not a happy vehicle make. None of the passive sensors pick up on the rapidly approaching vehicle that is barreling down the ice-covered road at unsafe speeds. It blows past the runner group without stopping, it's huge chain and spiked wheels biting into the road's surface as easily as a cleat into astroturf.

Mr. Terrific is the only person or bot that seems to hear the rumble of the heavy military tires and hisses at everyone, ushering them out of the way and beside/behind the vehicles.

Vera seems a bit rattled by having missed the approach of so obvious and impending a potential disaster. "My…" she says, glancing around. "I wonder if that was even real?" she asks, as the truck simply blows by. "I certainly hope our package wasn't on board," she idly quips.

Blindside moves quickly to jack in, linking himself directly to the sensors. "Give me a sensor interlink network now. I want an active ping on that thing. One ping only."

«OOC» Blindside says, "I am going to make an active scan to figure out what the FUCK that thing was."

Dalton hides, well, as best he can.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Intelligence + Control Pool: 8 for "Sensor Sweep, Sensors level 5. I got everything but a main deflector dish with a goddamn tacheyon emitter.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 10 11 11 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 3 vs TN 10:
5 5 10 = 1 Success

Blindside pages: Armor load, standard compliment, sensor suite?

You paged Blindside with 'The standard armor is 12. It is a modular vehicle and can be anything from troop transport to mobile hospital to command post. It normally has a light sensor suite but has much better anti aircraft capability'.

Blindside pages: Any idea on how this one is configured?

You paged Blindside with 'On 4 successes, yes. You can tell it is a troop carrier.'.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Alright people. That was a Rurhmetall Wolf AFV Armored Personnel Carrier, modified and customized. Light sensor suite, 12mm of reinforced and hardened armor. It's modular, but that one is set up for troop carrying. Thats an elite unit headed in to the area. Ministry of Self Defense Markings. We -will- be seeing them again, as sure as I'm a kinky little man."

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Give me a good reason to not blow it off the road."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "If you can do it without being picked up, go for it. They will probably blame the storm."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "But only if your positive no one will know its not the storm"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1:
8

Blindside unjacks. "Scabbard, rolling start. Get us up to speed. Leviathan, roll behind and be ready to hit the ECM on command. POS riders, get the fuck in your truck. This is going to be tricky tricky." He says, moving rapidly to get into Cerberus. "Bambi! Cycle the guns to hot! AV Loads. This Vindicator will crack her open, no shit."

A mindblink and Sasha is moving towards the driver's side of the POS and swinging in, grabbing the screwdriver to start up the truck. She'll wait for the others to get in place before taking off.

Dalton jumps into the passenger seat of the pickup, and closes the door, waiting for Blaze and Vera to get into the pickup back seat. "Lets move people."

Vera grabs the case for her Walther and tosses it into the back of the pickup unceremoniously, the hard plastic case protecting the weapon inside well enough. With her SA76 over her shoulder, and everything else cocked and locked, her goggles on, she hitches herself up into the truck bed as well, preparing to be able to either lie down out of sight or pop up as needed. As they're all dressed in matching combat gear, such would be…no more suspicious than anything else they're doing.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "When I hit them. They will feel it. Be ready to pour on the fire."

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Got it. We going loud?"

Cerberus's engine powers up inside the rig. It can be heard outside.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "do I sound quiet?"

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Actually, Blind is going to be loud, while he is being loud, we move in fast and get the target and get out."

Sasha doesn't answer; but then, Sasha isn't really home right now either. She jerks the truck into gear and moves to follow the crazed dwarf, her skillwire-enhanced reflexes using the memories and impulses of Officer Michelle Martinez, Lone Star driving instructor and high pursuit specialist. The truck fishtails for a moment before stabilizing.

Leaving the smaller rifle slung over her shoulder, Vera waits until the truck stabilizes until the opens the case of the Walther, drawing out the high-powered bullpup rifle, ready to lay down complimentary fire as the little convoy moves to pass and destroy the dangerous, elite unit. She pauses for a moment, and subvocalises.

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "You know, alternatively…I can hammer tacks with my pistols. A few silenced shots and I might be able to take out the tires as we pass, with no one the wiser.""

Scabbard takes off down the road, leviathan moving off after then. Blindside has his RCD jacked in to his datajack, and he's jacked into Cerberus. The car hangs inside its sling. "I'm launching. Give me 500 feet of space behind the rig." He says into the commlink as Scabbard's rear ramp swings down.

A moment later, the armored mustang rolls backwards out of the rig. 12 cylinders of piston powered Detroit fury scream their song to the sky. The cowling on the vindicator auto cannon ratchets back as the gun powers up. "Systems online. Engage suspension modification protocols. Broken road, ice, asphalt. Cold weather intake sequence for the turbo chargers. Spool up the Nitro."

Blaze clambers into the back of the POS with Vera and mutters. "I -hate- water," she says, still getting drenched by the rain.

Commlink-«Reason» Over the commlink, Sasha transduces, "It probably doesn't use tires."

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: Time to drive. Fast."

Blindside floors it, the high octane fuel pumping into the engine. The rear suspension softens, to give more give on the tires, limiting the burn out, warming the tires without smoking them too much. The armored monster car roaring off down the road.

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Leviathan: Start ECM protocols. Lock on and block."

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Intelligence for "Sensors":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 for "ECM jamming on Bad guys":
3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 10

Blaze perks up. "You -know-," she yells out. "I can prolly catch the thing on fire if someone has some flamable liquid. Anyone got any extra gas? Throw it at the thing and I'll fireball it! It'll look like a Manastorm freakout!"

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "The thing is armored, your fire wont harm it."

Commlink-BSyde> Blindside says, "Save the fire for when I crack her open."

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 3 + 3 vs TN 5:
1 2 2 3 4 11 = 1 Success

Commlink-Blaze> Blaze sneezes.

Commlink-Blaze> Blaze says, "I hate water…"

Leviathan's voice on the comlink is something like an ancient steam train, sort of pissed off just to be talking to them. "Target acquired. Locked down and blocked down. Leviathan is successful."

«Plot» Sasha says, "Vera, roll 3 dice. 11 or better"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 3:
2 3 5

«Plot» Sasha says, "The players do not find gas. They will find some partially frozen beer"

Dalton puts his goggles down over his eyes, and shifts them to thermal mode, with the rain and stuff, lowlight would be useless. He scans ahead, waiting for the opportunity to find something to do, besides Shielding that is.

Blaze picks up a beer can. "Well… This will break a nose," she says, pocketing a couple.

Blindside grunts, shifting fully back to the fore as AV autocannon ammunition cycles in tot he firing chamber. "Cerberus. Lets kill some indians." Inside the vehicle the dwarf is motionless. Inside the car's brain however, he's running down the road, wheels for legs and a grin on his features. The car roars down the road, eating up the distance. "Contact in 60 seconds. Firing solution in 30 seconds."

«Plot» Sasha says, "Blindside, Sasha, driving tests please. +4 TN due to weather and road conditions. standard VCR modifiers apply. Please do not wreck, it would be tragic"

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 (Car.etc.etc) vs TN 7 for "Rolling to not crash and kill the entire party.":
1 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 (Car.etc.etc) vs TN 7 for "Rolling to not crash and kill the entire party, karma reroll":
1 1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 (Car.etc.etc) vs TN 7 for "Rolling to not crash and kill the entire party, karma reroll 2":
2 3 3 4 5 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car (Mustang) vs TN 4 for "2 (Base Handling) + 4 (Weather + road) -2 (VCR)":
1 1 1 2 2 4 5 7 8 = 4 Successes

In order to test the visible range of what she can see, Vera briefly draws one of her pistols, fixing the smartlinked sight on the part of the road right where it starts to get swallowed up into the range and mist. She checks both with her goggles set to thermographic and low-light, and then with them off.

The truck is old, heavy, and has tires made for the snow and ice. Even so, it is NOT made for the sort of driving it is being put through right now, and this sort of ice and snow isn't really the sort that is good for driving fast. Sasha doesn't fight the wheel, but rather lets the vehicle have its way until the last moment, corralling it back on the road and off the shoulder, sending a spray of water and ice into the back bed and behind it. She flicks the wipers on, commenting only, "Ooops."

The mustang eats the road, ice and snow being constantly calibrated for by the riggers lightening fast brain, suspension constantly recalculating and adjusting to create a stable driving platform. A normal vehicle doing 120 miles an hour in these conditions would be immediately in the ditch, then over the ditch, then partly over there, and then over there some more, and finally some bits over the next rise.

Dalton looks over at Sasha, his eyes widening a bit, and then he simply looks back out on the road, not trusting himself to say anything at the moment.

Cerberus takes the next small rise, catching a little bit of air as the gun cycles hot, barrel spinning up. The APC is on the road just ahead, and Ceberus comes off the gas for a firing solution. There won't be any hesitation here, no mercy. These sons of bitches have been fucking with his family for years now - his people. He may act a freak, but in his heart, like anyone else, he's fiercely loyal to his family. His family just happen to be Mormans in SLC. A few more moments and he'll be able to fire.

Dalton grips the door handle, well, whats left of it, fairly tightly, and looks around for a seatbelt as the POS flies down the road with Sasha at the wheel. He narrows his eyes, and then makes a decision to test a theory out, and he casts a spell. Still holding shielding on everyone.

The APC is an easy target, really. It is as big as a house and doesn't seem to be looking behind it. They are the military, for God's sake. Who would go out of their way to attack a military APC in the middle of nowhere in a raging mana storm? The all dark vehicle simply powers down the road, leaving deep grooves in the ice and even the road itself.

Her rifle tucked in her arms, Vera just lets the rain collect on her goggles, finding that thermographic is the best vision profile by far, the switch to black-and-white with limited electronic coloring a reasonable price to pay in order to far better. She trains her weapon ahead on the road, waiting for the APC to come into view. She's particularly looking for any targets that might be exiting the vehicle, after surviving the first barrage.

The truck continues to fight Sasha, not that she looks like she cares one way or another if they die or continue down the road. The woman drives without conscious thought, trusting the way the wires guide her body. She'll grit her teeth as she hits black ice and slides, powering through and back out again, the tires finding the grooves left by the APC and bouncing over several potholes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Ok, this is going to hurt, Centering against BGcount of 5…owie!":
1 2 2 3 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering - 1 vs TN 4 for "Ok, this is going to hurt, Centering against BGcount of 5…owie! KP:5":
1 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 1 vs TN 9 for "CAsting F6 Dark Armor, cause, if we wreck, I want to survive and heal everyone. 7SP still on Shielding KP:5":
1 3 3 4 4 4 10 11 21 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 for "Force 6 spell cast.":
2 3 4 5 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower + 6 (PF) vs TN 7 for "Resisting 7S Drain, +2 BGcount, base is 5. Need 4 to soak with TD. KP:5":
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
BGcount, base is 5. Need 4 to soak with TD. KP:6":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 9 9 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Dalton says, "Spell cast, soaked."

Dalton grits his teeth, and fights against the background count, still trying to hold onto the shielding for everyone. The black cloak and hood of his totem cover his features, and then vanish after a second. He looks around briefly….as if to judge whether he just died or succeeded. Apparently, he lives.

ALL MAGICAL PEOPLE!: Even without astral perception, you can /feel/ something react when Dalton casts his spell. The very feeling of mana that you can normally tap and manipulate feels different; an angry buzz will fill your ears for a moment as if something has just expanded past you.

Who would? Who would? Duncan Sorenson, son of Bishop William Sorenson of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, that's who. Especially when he's been hired to go steal the very thing these people are seeking. Probably. This is still guesswork by an excitable dwarf with control issues.

Touching the trigger, the gun's reticule lights up. Touching it again, the gun's safeties come offline. Pulling them with finality, Blindside sends heavy depleted uranium slugs in a line down the road.

Blaze hums softly to herself, something that sounds like a Tir-Tairngire sorta neo-ancient song. Her right hand lifts to rest near her her heart, once more easily finding that strange position as before. Jostling around in the back (read: truck bed with Vera), eyes on the approaching APC. "Posh?" she calls out. "Really sorry if I call down the lightning and get you shocked. Once Bsyde rips that puppy open, I'm gonna try to light it up. Okay? So… Duck. Don't want to hit you instead."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Ok, that felt wrong, do not cast, I repeat, do not cast unless its to save your life."

Commlink-Blaze> Blaze says, "DAMNIT, Nightmare… Let us do SOMETHING!"

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Throw grenades at the thing, mabye you get lucky and lob one inside"
Commlink-Blaze> Blaze says, "I have shit aim."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Close only counts…..well, you know the rest."

The momentarily ripple that the magical folks felt is echoed in the Physical World not long thereafter. The first sense of something wrong you get is the way the rain and air /bend/ like a shockwave is coming towards you. The wave doesn't stop, wrapping over the APC and then Blindside and finally you all, continuing outwards from a central point some few kilometers ahead still .. perhaps the town?

And then, the world simply stops making sense.

You can see the APC up ahead, a minute or more in the distance and the future, come apart from continual automatic fire and simply fall apart, but not explode .. the street is flooded with armored pieces and the turret flies lazily towards the oncoming car.

But Then.

But Then

«Plot» Sasha says, "Ok. Everyone who is AWAKENED, roll Willpower vs 10D Stun"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Willpower vs TN 10:
1 2 3 4 5 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blaze (#10706) rolls Willpower - 1 vs TN 10 for "KP reroll":
1 2 4 5 9 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 vs TN 10 for "Mr T":
2 2 3 4 4 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Mr T, karma 1":
2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Sasha (#11175) rolls 6 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Mr T, karma 2":
2 3 3 4 13 = 1 Success

«Plot» Sasha says, "Mr T takes a Serious"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 10 for "Ohh damn damn damn, this is going to hurt. KP:7":
1 1 2 2 4 4 5 9 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 1 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Ohh damn damn damn, this is going to hurt. KP:8":
1 2 3 3 3 3 3 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 1 - 1 vs TN 10 for "Ohh damn damn damn, this is going to hurt. KP:10":
1 2 3 3 4 5 11 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 1 - 3 vs TN 10 for "Ohh damn damn damn, this is going to hurt. KP:13":
1 1 5 7 9 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Sasha says, "Ok. Next, anyone who has cyberware. Sasha, Blindside, Vera. Anyone else?"

«Plot» Sasha says, "Computerized augmentations are going offline. Skillwires, VCR, headware memory, cyberdecks, Math SPU, Encephelon, etc etc. They all simply shut down and refuse to reboot. Neurological ware currently functions: Eyes, ears, that sort of thing. If it is tied to a sense, you have basic functionality."

«Plot» Vera says, "Smartlink?"
«Plot» Sasha says, "Smartlink is a ballistic computer, it is night night"
«Plot» Blindside says, " ; planned for this!"
«Plot» Sasha says, "Next, Blindside and Sasha need immediate control tests"
«Plot» Blindside says, " However - AM I DUMPSHOCKED?"
«Plot» Sasha says, "Yes"

Sasha's enhanced skills system simply stops functioning. Enhanced sight? Gone. She blinks and comes back to herself with a shock, gripping the wheel and fighting against a slide. The turret of the APC bounces towards the truck like some lumbering beast, leaving deep imprints and grooves in the road where it slams over and over towards the rapidly skidding and flailing truck. The woman manages to hit the brakes and then the gas, jerking around the obstruction and sliding to a stop.

Blaze falls flat and slides around like a ragdoll, likely crashing into Vera.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Willpower + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5:
2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Willpower + Combat Pool: 5 - 1 vs TN 5 for " KP 4/14":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 9 10 = 3 Successes

Dalton grits his teeth as the wave rolls over him, his head spins for a second, and his eyes flutter, but sheer strength of will for years of torturous training as a child come through once more for him, I mean, if you were beaten senseless with magic as a kid, you might get used to the stuff. He manages somehow to shake off the worst of the effects, and that lovely piece of bioware in the back of his head sends out little bits of endorphons an such to ease the pain. He quickly turns to look around at the otehrs, first Sasha, and then to the back of the pickup «<Anyone dead?»> he comms quickly. Having bounced around at the last moment when the truck skidded to a stop.

«OOC» Blindside says, "CRASH TEST: 2 (Handling) + 4(Weather) + 1(L Stun) + 2(disori): 9"

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car (Mustang) vs TN 9 for "Ohshitohshitoshit":
2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Blaze says, "What do I roll to see if I stay -in- the truck bed?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car (Mustang) vs TN 9 for "Ohshitohshitoshit KP 5/14":
1 2 2 4 4 4 5 7 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Sasha says, "Blaze and Vera, if in the truck bed, need a Quickness (6) Test. As Blaze is unconscious, she cannot make that test. Vera can choose to grab her"

«Plot» Vera says, "I do."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Quickness vs TN 6:
1 1 2 2 4 11 15 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Sasha says, "Make a second test now Vera, same TN"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Quickness vs TN 6:
1 3 4 5 9 9 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Sasha says, "Super! You keep her safe"

«Plot» Sasha says, "Dalton, your comm gives you static when you speak over it"

Vera looks down, also quickly realizing the end of her systems. The there is the swerve. She quickly hooks her foot around an errant strap and grabs onto Blaze, tightening her muscles in very unfamiliar ways as she manages to perform the feat of keeping herself -and- the other elf in the truck bed. After the swerve, she quickly drops the Walther somewhere near the case and moves to shoulder the Equalizer, which at least has a scope, now that the smartlink is useless. "Guess we're going old-fashioned," she says to herself, reaching down suddenly to press her fingertips to Blaze's neck. «I don't know quite what happened. Blaze is down, but I see no visible wound.".. She sweeps for any survivors that might have made it out of the APC.

FUCK YES! FUCKKKKKKKK YES! Blindside whoops as the APC's shell cracks and the inside bits come outside. Then the wave hits him. It's the cascading failure he expected, so he doesn't panic. Not yet. Not until his smartlink fritzes out. "Oh fuck." he says quietly, his voice very small, very terrifed in that moment.

He slams back to his meat body suddenly, blinking as his car plunges at full speed into the fireball. The main engine unit for the lumbering beast slams into the ground right in front of the mustang, then bounces for him. He almost doesn't do anything, so confused he is by the turn of events. "W.. SHIT FUCK COCK SHIT!" He jerks to the wheel, turning the car just in time to have the massive engine glance down the side of the car. The side armor takes several deep gouges down the length of the car. "Oh shit oh shit oh shit!" He cries out as the boot of someone goes bouncing off the damn windscreen, leaving a smear of blood. "OH FUCK SHIT!"

Blindside curses a lot under stress.

«Plot» Blindside says, " GM: I figure, until I can get Cerb back inside Scab for repairs, I'm at -1 armor."

Sasha groans as she sits back upright. She'll have abraisions and some lovely bruises where the steering wheel and restraints bit into her armor and pressed plates into uncomfortable places. She looks around at the mess in the road, the merrily destroyed APC, the turret still flopping in the road. "That .. sucked."

«Plot» Sasha says, "A quick check will determine that anything that uses tech relying on post 1911 or so will not be functional. At all."

Dalton looks around, most of his impact protected by the spell he cast earlier, which may or may not have caused this whole mess. He looks into the back and spots Vera and Blaze down, then looks to Sasha "Lets get moving into town."

Sasha eyes Dalton, asking, "Are you sparking or is it just me?" Truely, Dalton's 'Dark Armor' is more like Tron armor at this point, with glittering lights along all the joint points and spectral tracings along bones.

Dalton looks down at himself, and sighs "No, I'm sparkling."

Blaze remains unconscious in the back while everyone else tromps into town.

Blindside pops the E-break, slinging the car around. He flicks his eyes to the barrel of the Vindicator as it spools down… He taps the manual trigger, but the gun refuses to come back on line. "Yeah. Son of a bitch." he mutters as he pulls the car back around to the wreckage of the APC.

Truck. Sasha stares at the controls a moment and carefully puts the thing in gear, moving the vehicle by inches towards where the explosion took place.

Vera checks her weapon's action. The electronic firing mechanism of her rifle doesn't work, and its low-light scope doesn't work either. She curses and leaves the weapons in the back of the truck, drawing her old, but rebarreled pistols as she moves with the group. "Well, those were a waste," she says of all the fancy rifles. "I suppose we're now down to good old-fashioned iron," she growls.

Part II!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License