South Sunrise Situation
GM: Adam
Players: Aurora Six, Holtzclaw.
Synopsis: Aurora Six and Holtzclaw are around South Sunrise while a casino is getting robbed. Holtz open fires, causing dozens of street walkers to be killed in the return fire. Aurora attempts to stop the gunner only to be sniped down by support fire. The robbers escape, leaving the scene a bloody mess.
Date: 12/26/2070

The overcast in the Warrens is grey tonight. Blackened snow is threatening the area where it isn't already slushed on the buildings and streets. Christmas specials are going on along the chop shops and gambling dens. Even late at night the place is busy. No time to rest when there is a nuyen to be earned. It has the Blackhearts out in force— armed in assault rifles and patchwork winter jackets in case the broken apartment buildings get too hungry and descent the infected down onto the propsective customers.

Holtzclaw is located inside Tir Llwen having a drink after a nice evening drink. It's his normal hang out, and if he isn't there, he's usually at his place in the Bastille. After a nice round of drinks he decides to cut it early today and leave the bar out into South Sunshine, to be on his way to his home in the Bastille. After stepping out the door he takes a moment to stand outside lighting a clove cigarette.

Coming walking up the street in the direction of the Aurora Academy comes a rather thick ork in a scuffed leather jacket. He seems wary as he approaches though as he notices the number of gang colored individuals increasing. By the time Aurora Six's booted feet touches the ferrocrete on the corner where he is supposed to meet his contact, his gloved hand is already on the butt of weapon strapped to the outside of his upper thigh. He halts and looks around, eyeing the area with a deepening frown.

Holtzclaw takes another puff off his cig and gives a glance to the Ork which is seen coming down the sidewalk. He shifts his gaze across the street as he minds his business as to wondering why an ork is down towards this side of town.

Five vans start on their way down the street. They were black at one point in time. Years of weathering and repairs have made the armored vehicles look more like a patch-work set of toy cars. They make their way towards one of the local casinos as they roll to a stop.

Holtzclaw gives the vans a look not thinking too much about them other than about the same as the orks. He takes a note that they are there and otherwise doesn't give it too much focus.

Of the vans, the first and the last vans suffer no movement. The remaining three central vans open up as men step out and pile into the casino.

«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "Noticing anything unusual about the Vans"
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5
«Plot-Page» (To: Holtzclaw) Adam says, "You notice nothing unusual."

Nothing happens for a handful of minutes. Suddenly a street 'guard' drops. His head explodes like a watermellon. Blood sprays across walls, sinless denizens, and finally pools on the ground where the body falls. Another Blackheart goes down as the streets turn to a pack of rats when shot at. In the chaos it is difficult to determine what comes are coming from where— some wild, some controlled.

«OOC» Adam says, "@All: Perception (Visual/Audial) test."
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 3 4 5 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Intelligence (to Adam):
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 8 8
«Plot-Page» (To: Holtzclaw and Aurora Six) Adam says, "Multiple fully automatic shots and muzzle flashes come from within the casino."
«Plot-Page» (To: Holtzclaw) Adam says, "There is movement from one of the broken buildings in the distance— out of a window."

Holtzclaw doesn't seem to notice anything unusual about the vans, so he quickly takes another look over to the Ork then back to his own personal space. When suddenly the head of a 'guard' explodes and he drops quickly from being used to living in the situations of the Warrens/Warzone area. He seemed to notice some shots coming from the building and some other movements, but he just curses to himself thinking about what he needs to do next to make it home alive again.

You paged Aurora Six with 'Throw me Underworld Orgs, TN 5.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Underworld Orgs vs TN 5 (to Adam):
1 5 = 1 Success
You paged Aurora Six with 'Blackhearts are small time, but they make a great deal of profit off of scavening the Warzone. It would be a lucrative place to loot if you have the balls for it. It is possibly just a heist. The vans are unmarked, so no help from that front.'.

Once the lead starts flying that's when it becomes time to move again. Aurora Six moves sidelong away from the action trying to keep up against the building to present the thinnest target profile possible towards where the casino action is going on. Either he's a coward, or his ain't his fight.

«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Adam says, "Throw me an Open Stealth (Hiding) test."
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Stealth + 1 (to Adam) for "Stealth +1 for Enhanced Articulation.":
1 2 3 4 5 8

Men pile quickly out of the casino. Some of them have weapons at the ready. Some are hauling large duffle bags. They load up and into the van— sliding the door shut as the vans start moving again.

Holtzclaw looks around for a path trying to find a way to get through the fire and make his way towards the Casino. He's not usually the hero type, but his bar could be next and that's never good. He notices the movement from the vans and decides to stand back, but prepares his gun just in case.

«OOC» Adam says, "Logistics, Math, and Physics. If you wanted to trace the source of the other bullets you could 'Observe in Detail' and take a crack at it."
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Logistics vs TN 4 (to Adam):
1 2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Physics vs TN 4 (to Adam):
2 3 3 5 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Mathematics vs TN 4 (to Adam):
1 3 3 3 5 = 1 Success
«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Adam says, "Observing in Detail will point out that there is not one, but two shooters. Both are a distance away at a higher elevation. The only places that fit that bill are the broken apartment buildings down the street. Judging by the impact splatter these are large caliber rifles and well trained to get those shots off like they did."

The Ork scans the building across the street briefly from his position in the door well of one of the buildings, but this not being his fight he decides to make for cover. He moves with unnatural smoothness each step precisely placed. He scampers across the sidewalk to where a burned out pickup sits wrecked nearby before squatting down behind the wreck.

«OOC» Adam says, "Base Long (6) + Minimal Light (2) + Called Shot (2). So TN 10, 8 with SL2."
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 8:
1 1 1 2 2 5 5 10 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Adam nods. Consent?
«OOC» Aurora Six says, "I consent."
«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "I consent, -going to reroll 1 kp though"
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 8:
1 2 4 5 7 7 10 = 1 Success

A single shot puffs out from Holtzclaws gun as he takes aim for the lead van's front tires. The shot punctures the tire and it blows. The lead vehicle continues to roll forward— turning while the remaining four vans continue without it in the caravan. When the van cover rolls away, the van has it's doors pulled out with a mounted machine gun going down range. Bullets hail down towards where the shot came from. Anyone unfortunate enough to be on the street is rittled with bullets— blood spraying everywhere as people attempt to run for cover only to be haplessly mowed down.

«OOC» Adam says, "@Holt: Soak 9S as you catch a bullet from the spray."
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 2 for "Soaking 9S with 7 Ballistics":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 8 = 9 Successes
«Plot» Adam says, "Soaked. Init."
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Initiative with a result of 14.
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 2 for "NPC-1":
2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 3 for "NPC-2":
1 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 3 for "NPC-3":
2 3 4

Holtzclaw stands as he takes a stray bullet from the MMG that is in the Van. Despite the armor those bullets still hurt. He manages to shake it off none the less, well at least none of the other vans all tried to stick around.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Initiative with a result of 31.
«Plot» Adam says, "New: Aurora, NPC-2, NPC-3, Holtz, NPC-1. Repeat Order. Aurora."
«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Adam says, "Intent?"
Aurora Six pages: ..Move to where I can get LOS on the van and see if I can get a bead on the guy firing the machine gun. Should have an mp5 in my voucher somewhere…trying to find it.
You paged Aurora Six with 'So you are looking at Base 6, +4 from cover, +? from lighting w/ mods, -2 from SL2, -1 from stationary target.'.
You paged Aurora Six with 'Ah, and +2 from attacker walking (rough ground).'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + 1 + 4 vs TN 13 for "Pistols +1 for Enhanced articulation +4 CP.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + 1 + 4 vs TN 13 for "Pistols +1 for Enhanced articulation +4 CP.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 9 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "Stick. Second shot."
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + 1 + 4 vs TN 14 for "Pistols +1 for Enhanced articulation +4 CP.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + 1 + 4 vs TN 14 for "Pistols +1 for Enhanced articulation +4 CP.":
3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 10 = 0 Successes

Once the lead really starts flying and random people start getting mowed down, for some reason known only to him Aurora Six, forgotten and hidden in shadow and behind a truck, decides to step out from his cover. He flexes his left bicep and a weapon shoots out of his sleeve into his hand. As he steps to get a line of sight on the van with the machine gun the weapon barks twice, silenced, but whether or not they actually hit anything is anyone's guess.

«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 (Rifles) + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Sniper Round. Base 4 +4 Minial w/ LL, -2 SL2, -1 Take Aim.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 (Rifles) + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Sniper Round. Base 4 +4 Minial w/ LL, -2 SL2, -1 Take Aim. KP: 1/?":
1 1 1 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 (Rifles) + Combat Pool: 6 - 4 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "Sniper Round. Base 4 +4 Minial w/ LL, -2 SL2, -1 Take Aim. KP: 3/?":
1 2 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 (Rifles) + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Sniper Round. Base 4 +4 Minial w/ LL, -2 SL2, -1 Take Aim.":
1 1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Aurora Six says, "Eww.. messy"
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 (Rifles) + Combat Pool: 6 - 2 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "Sniper Round. Base 4 +4 Minial w/ LL, -2 SL2, -1 Take Aim. KP: 1/?":
1 1 1 2 2 4 5 7 9 13 = 4 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Adam says, "2 shots your way. Base 14S. Both shots @ 6 successes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Rolling to not dodge sniper fire.":
1 2 4 5 7 7 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls 2 vs TN 4 for "Dodging sniper fire with a karma re-roll":
3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Body + 5 vs TN 7 for "Rolling to soak a sniper round. Adding +5 dice with KP… 5 karma remaining.":
2 2 3 3 3 7 7 7 9 17 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Body vs TN 7 for "re-rolling failures on a soak roll for 1 karma… 4 karma remaining":
1 2 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Body vs TN 7 for "re-rolling failures on a soak roll for 2 karma… 2 karma remaining":
3 3 4 7 8 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Adam says, "6-7, base S. Not enough to stage down. Go ahead and roll body TN 10 (7+3) for knockdown"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Body vs TN 10 for "Knockdown":
1 2 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Holtzclaw) Adam says, "Intent?"
«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "Going to shoot at the closest guy"
«OOC» Adam says, "Closest guy is the guy with the machine gun spraying the area. Are you certain?"
«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "8m SL2, Heavy Pistol APDS personalized Grip.."
«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "Yes"
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 9 for "Shot at 8M with APDS and SL2!":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 9 for "Shot at 8M with APDS and SL2! KP2":
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 7 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 - 1 vs TN 9 for "Shot at 8M with APDS and SL2! KP4":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 10 = 1 Success

The Ork fires his two shots then suddenly leaps backwards as a round from somewhere above and across the street tears a hunk out of the wall across from him. Unfortunately for him the sniper's buddy was also waiting in ambush and fires at almost the same time. The round from the second shooter catches him in the hip as he's moving. It's a beautiful shot really and if he wasn't the one who's hip it just blew a chunk out of he probably would be able to appreciate it. The round clinks off of bone, riccochets up and out, exiting just under the floating rib on the same side it entered and taking a bit of organ with it.The force of the shot spins him in the air and then physics takes over and he hits the ground sliding back over by the truck.

«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "Stand.."
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "MachineGunner Dodges":
1 1 2 2 4 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 6 - 2 (Successes) vs TN 4 for "MachineGunner Dodges. KP 1/?":
1 2 4 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Adam says, "First shot misses. Second?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 9 for "Shot 2":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 9 for "Shot 2 KP1":
3 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Holtzclaw says, "Stand"

Pulls the trigger of his new pistol, the silenced shots spiraling down the barrel towards his target, going off into the wild blue yonder. He sighs as the shots miss and he has to prepare to take more.

«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 5 (MG) vs TN 9 for "Base 4, +4 Cover, +4 Visibility, -2 SL, -1 Target Stationary.":
2 2 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) rolls 5 (MG) vs TN 9 for "Base 4, +4 Cover, +4 Visibility, -2 SL, -1 Target Stationary. KP: 2/?":
1 1 2 5 8 = 0 Successes

The Machinegunner stops spraying the entire area and focuses on the area where someone is /actually/ trying to shoot at him. The rotary on the gun whirls as high caliber rounds rip through the air and into the wreck. It rittles it through of holes— making the entire thing creek dangeriously as if it is likely to collapse, explode, or both.
The tire that was blown inflates itself enough to be 'workable' and the van begins to roll off again.

The Ork grumbles as he drags himself in a bloody swath behind cover, cussing quietly in Spanish. Once fully done he fishes a cellular out of his jacket and puts the pistol into his right hand. He hits a couple of buttons on the phone and it dies. He grits his teeth as he waits for the ringing to cease over the rush of blood. With the pistol hand he presses on the hole of the entry wound, attempting to staunch the flow of blood.
Aurora Six says in Spanish, "Alright, Jesus… if if you were trying to tell me to mind my own damn business your message was received loud and clear."
Aurora Six pulls out his cellular phone and dials a number.
Aurora Six says grunting and panting…"Next time, my lord… just… send an angel." (Spanish)
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says, "Ah.. hello Nine… long time no speak."
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six seems to be breathing a little hard. He sounds like he's talking through his teeth "I…. apologize for interrupting your holiday celebration…"
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says calmly.

Holtzclaw glances over to the Ork and dashes over to check the aftermath the fight had on the Ork, even if he probably doesn't want to talk to the person who started the mess. "I don't know medical procedures well enough, but I can drive you somewhere if you need a lift to someone that does." he says not knowing what else to do really.
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says, "Well it seems that Me Hefe has decided to teach me a lesson in … minding my own business…."
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six nods though whoever he's talking to obviously can't see him, grunting into the phone. "I ….appear to be leaking…"
Aurora Six raises the weapon in his right hand as Holtzclaw approaches. "Ecuse….someone coming to kill me…" he says into the phone.
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says, "Escuse'… someone coming over to kill me."
Holtzclaw raises his hands "Whoawhoa, I'm here to try and help" his lisp is a bit stronger than the normal due to nervousness. "Just trying to help" he repeats
The Ork attempts to keep Holtzclaw in focus as he bleeds out from his wound. He says something in Spanish.
Aurora Six says in Spanish, "That's what I was tryign to do."
Aurora Six says in Spanish, "God had other ideas."
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says something in Spanish, not into the phone but to somewhere nearby.
Aurora Six points down the street with the gun and say something in Spanish. "My truck is parked … up that way….there is a…. trauma kit in… the back….." (Spanish)
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says, "Spanish=South…Sunrise…. by Aurora……academy…."
Holtzclaw had ran off and not too much later returns with a Medkit "I got some medical supplies here that I can use to help stabalize you at least till someone else gets here. Do you mind if I try?" He says coming back to Aurora.
Six seems a little confused as the guy suddenly runs off at top speed. He continues speaking into the phone for a second. Perhaps Holtzclaw was a hallucination brought on by blood loss.
Aurora Six is holding the hand with the gun over the lower hole in his side. "Yes, please." he says simply. "before I … bleed… out…" (Spanish)
Holtzclaw shakes his head "I can't understand" he says kneeling down with the Medkit
Aurora Six peers at Holtzclaw, then at the medkit, sweating from exertion. he nods, concentrating as the blood leaves him. "Si.. y..yes…"
(Directed into the phone) Aurora Six says, "Good … night…"
«Auto-Judge[]» Holtzclaw (#5729) rolls 3:
1 3 4
Aurora Six rests his head against the burned out hulk of the truck and laughs quietly. "First… day back in town… in a year… and I get killed….imagine that." (Spanish)
Aurora Six says in Spanish, ":says into the phone before he fumbles it in the blood."Merry Christmas, Nine…""
«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Car vs TN 4:
3 4 4 5 5 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Car - 1 vs TN 8 for "OH YEAH! (KP1)":
1 5 5 5 15 = 1 Success

Well, the Sheila sedan is colored much differently now, the pattern by the time they get there is a very dark one, matte with the coloring done up to make it look like a PoS beater as best as can be done for now. Someone would have to get really close to it to determine its fakeness! Nine is driving and Kelris and Sorra are wherever they pose that they are in the car, and they arrive rather quickly from the Mountain Hills area, cause Nine just drove like a maniacle person, but expertly so! Nine probably won't be ever leaving the vehicle, having asked Kelris on the way if he would be willing to help fetch #6 (Aurora Six) from wherever. A watcher spirit is used to help home in on the guy, to get a more specific idea of his location. Nine probably apologized again to Sorra for ripping her away from home, but also thanks her for coming along to help. Nine is very grateful!

«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Disguise for "Sheila's disguise?! (Photovoltaic Paintage!)":
2 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Disguise for "Sheila's disguise?! (Photovoltaic Paintage!) (KP2)":
1 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Disguise for "Sheila's disguise?! (Photovoltaic Paintage!) (KP6)":
1 3 4
Aurora Six looks at Holtzclaw. "I… hope… they don't… shoot you… too." he says, his eyes getting droopy as he bleeds all over the place. (Spanish)
Holtzclaw is there with Aurora but steps out of the way when the real doctors show up, so he doesn't have to amputate limbs or something.
Nine considers the possible dangers, glad for at least her secure clothing and forearm guards and the secure jacket that she has donned today, oh, and some of the FFBA (but we won't count it all because Nine can't get into it as properly anymore these days). Also, after a bit, elementals fill the interior of the vehicle with its F2 masking ward (but only on the astral). Nine is not taking any chances. As soon as they are out in the illegal zones, she's ready with all the elly thugs she's got.
Somewhere down the block is the usual warzone spill over for this area. There are bodies here and there all over the place as though someone brought the pain to the area. Burned out vehicles and hulked buildings provide hidey holes for possible snipers and other more hungry things.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nine (#10584) rolls Intelligence for "Snipers?!":
2 2 3 5 5 10 11 11

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License