So Underground

GM: Eris
Players: Daniel, Savannah, Hek, Melody, Fray
Synopsis: Hired by an ugly dwarf to help him get into the PCC through the sewers, the runners are surprised to discover just what type of corruption lurks beneath the city streets. Vampires!
Date: Jan 3 2073


It is cold tonight. Horribly cold and the clouds above threaten rain. No matter how cold or rainy it gets, though, there's always money to be made, jobs to be done and people to do them.

Word has hit the street that hey, if you've got nothing better to do, there's a smuggler looking to get something from this place, to somewhere else in Denver, and he's hiring on muscle. The pay isn't fantastic, but you'll have it in hand after a few hour's work.

The smuggler in question turns out to be a painfully ugly dwarf, stood against a huge SUV and a crate almost as big as he is. Long, shaggy black hair is dyed with a streak of white, and he's having a smoke whilst waiting for his team to assemble.

Melody shows up at the proper time wearing her conservative business dress. It's not really appropriate for a parking lot but it's what she has. She nods quietly to the smuggler and waits for the rest of the team to arrive.

Savannah is always in the mood for money, even not a lot of money, and if the job is right and righteous then she is the girl. The elf puts aside today's lessons and considers the information from her sources and the meeting spot. She'll dress for the neighborhood and packs a few items for possible missions, leaving other gear in a storage spot until/unless she needs it. Preparations complete, Savannah will make her way to the parking lot, leaving her own vehicle several blocks away and walking

UCAS means Feds in Hek's mind, and that's what is on his mind the entire time in the sector. Always on the lookout for security cameras, for cars with radio antennas and tinted windows, for clean shaven people 'dressed down' and trying to fit in. Of course there are a dozen or more of all of the above between the CAS sector and the parking lot, so Hek is on edge as he pulls the Americar that he has 'borrowed' for the night into the lot. It was chosen well, stolen from a lower class apartment complex where half of the cars were probably already stolen anyway. He kills the lights and waits for the rest of the team to assemble, the electronics in his eyes magnifying the available light as he scans the periphery of the lot, searching for any additional security that the dwarf might have brought along with him.

Fray also arrives on foot, but without fanfare or more than his usual show of suspicion. Which is to say that his eyes are constantly roving his surroundings, but he looks more relaxed than not with the corners of his mouth more turned up than not. He arrives wearing a backpack and dressed down in his battered old jacket and slightly ratty Thunderheads T shirt. "Hope I'm not late," he says by way of greeting to the other dwarf and assembled runners.

Cred is cred, and buiz is buiz. Pays the bills, keeps the ammo fresh, and the magic sparkling. His car he leaves a couple blocks over - within sprinting distance, but where cursory drone patrols won't (shouldn't) be making things trouble. At 2250, he goes for a nice little stroll on the astral to check the place out. Then jogs over wearing a rapid transit jumpsuit. The last 200 meters or so, he walks briskly.

The smuggler - who is not hiding any magical talent or other muscle - waits until everyone is gathered. Then, he cracks open the crate next to him, revealing a number of respirators. "Hello boys and girls." He says, splitting into a wide, yellow-toothed grin. "We're going to go for a walk in the sewers. Only, I've heard there's some nasty things lurking down there these days. So. Pretty simple. You follow me, we get to where we need to be in four hours. Nothing happens, you walk with five kay per head. You save my hoop, and you get double."

Hek digests the particulars with lips pursed in thought. The mention of the sewers elicits a nod, his fear of Feds dispeled and replaced by a whole other slew of potential complications. The specifics of payment elicit an arched eyebrow. "Ten kay for your hoop?" He questions, sizing the dwarf up. "You do not plan to make it… or, the customer does not care if you do the delivery?"

Melody wrinkles her nose slightly in disgust. "I'm not dressed for that, but I think I can still be some help without being present." Melody gives a professionally cool smile to all around, all lips and no eyes. "Whatever might be coming to bother you down there might be somewhat dissuaded by not being able to see you, no?" She bites at her lower lip then. "I'm afraid I can't cover all of you. Maybe not even most of you. But at least you, sir, can be protected," she finishes, with another nod at the smuggler himself.

Savannah listens to the smuggler's offer and shrugs, not seeming put off by the prospect of traveling through the sewer. Her expression doesn't waver from frighteningly friendly, a smile in place as she nods to the man, glancing to those assembled with a look of interest at all those assembled. She doesn't interject in any way, perhaps waiting to see who shakes out.

Fray shakes his head. "Underwater is my favorite place to be, but you're not proposing water. I wish you the best, but I have no intention of wading through that much drek for only five thousand." He holds up his hands to the other dwarf. "Without a better offer, I'll leave you to it without hearing any more. Bet you'd prefer if I don't know anything when I'm not involved."

Daniel, similarly, gets a kind of queezy look on his face. Sewers. So many problems with that… "Those," he waves at the respirators, "likely aren't going to be enough." But what will, he keeps silent on. For the moment, he goes back to quiet, allowing the others to ask questions first. He who asks a stupid question being revealed as an idiot, or however the old saying goes.

"Man's got to make a profit." The smuggler replies to Hek, "I'm not getting paid enough to fork over more than fifty thousand for security, scan?" There's the lightest shrug of his shoulders as Fray backs out, but his attention, mostly, is on Melody. "If you can't come with, I can't pay the full amount." He says, "But I could give you something for your trouble. Or I've got a jumpsuit in the back that'd probably fit, if you prefer." He then, finally, looks to Daniel.

"Ack, no, no. See, the bit we're going through is disused. Relatively dry. Unpleasant for the first… two, three hundred meters, then things get more bearable. Trust the Badger, he knows all the best ways."

The additional details elicit a more substantial nod as the dwarf explains the dynamics. Profit is something Hek understands, and he even smiles a bit when the dwarf puts the damper on Melody's attempt to get full pay without fully participating. "For ten kay, I got your back. Lots of variable in sewer… big probrems.." As he speaks, his eyes drift to Daniel, sensing that the other man probably has similar thoughts.

The additional details elicit a more substantial nod as the dwarf explains the dynamics. Profit is something Hek understands, and he even smiles a bit when the dwarf puts the damper on Melody's attempt to get full pay without fully participating. "For ten kay, I got your back. Lots of variable in sewer… big probrems.." As he speaks, his eyes drift to Daniel, sensing that the other man probably has similar thoughts.

"It washes off," is all Savannah adds to the conversation. She doesn't seem concerned about a little sewage, letting her gaze wander here and there while the rest of the team decides how dirty they want to be.
«Plot» Eris says, "Throw me a negotiation test, Hek. What's your charisma?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Negotiation for "This is the sum you want to pay me (done in his best Jedi tone)":
1 2 4 5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) has the Attribute Charisma with the value '4'.

"Dry or no, disused or no, going into Sewers without a secure envirosuit is.. maybe not suicide, but pretty fraking stupid." Blunt shaman is blunt. "Ignoring the critters down there, para- or otherwise?" He shrugs. "If you onyl want to dish out five-kay, that's fine. But you're going to need to provide more than just respirators, you scan?"

Melody shrugs apologetically. "I'm afraid I won't be much help at all if I'm maintaining spells. If you would rather forego the protection, that is your prerogative." Melody folds her hands in front of herself and waits quietly.

The smuggler presses his lips together. He's obviously uncomfortable, but after a few moments, he nods. "Alright." He says, at last, "I'll throw out ten to all of you." To Daniel, he gives a long, long look. "I've been going down there all my life, and I'm just fine. If you're squeamish, you can have some overalls to go with it, but that's as good as it gets." And to Melody, he shrugs his shoulders. "I'll throw you two thousand for the spell, if you maintain it for the next six hours. But if you're not coming with, you're just not worth as much."

Hek acknowledges the terms with a curt nod, one professional to another. In for a penny, in for a pound. "I go get out of cold.." He gestures to the Americar he pulled up in. "You give me signal when all ready to go." His position established, his loyalty paid for, Hek gives the rest of the group a once over before departing.. leaving them to work out their own qualms and gripes with their prospective employer.
Savannah seems content to wait. But then, she was content to wait before all of this as well, and thus waits some more.

Daniel shrugs at the dwarf. "However you want to play it."

The smuggler seems pleased at this, and produces the respirators, strapping one on himself. It makes his voice muffled, but on the plus side, it hides his face. Overall, probably a fairly good trade. "Oh, yeah, you'll want one of these, too." He says, producing flashlights with adjustable bands and handing those out to the runners who are coming, too. "If there's no more questions." He says, bending down to a sewer access panel conveniently located next to his car. "We'll get moving."
Hek pages: While in the car, Hek did some coke to give him that edge.

Melody smiles tightly at the smuggler. "It's a deal. If you need to have the spell dropped, give me a call." She gives him the number of her cheap, disposable phone, then squares her shoulders, brushes her hair back out of her eyes, and gazes at him momentarily in concentration, the only sign of her spellcasting.
Savannah will take up a respirator and flashlight, pausing to fuss with her hair quickly and securely bound up and out of the way, covered with a dark handkerchief. That done, she'll strap on the respirator and check the flashlight, making sure she understands the functions before they get ready to go down below.

«Auto-Judge[]» Melody (#10224) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 4 5 5 23 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Melody (#10224) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Force 6, probably 2 BG?":
1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Melody (#10224) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "1 KP":
1 1 2 3 3 5 9 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Eris says, "BG 1 actually, and BG applies to the initial roll too."

Hek accepts the offered equipment and straps on the respirator. With the sewers being what they are, he has no need to conceal his Ingram so he extends the collapsable stock and slings it on the outside of his jacket. Like Savannah, he checks the flashlight. The operation of it is simple enough, but he is nothing if not thorough. Everything squared away, he looks over the team. "Any of you, uh.." He searches for the words. "Magically gifted?" He tries, while waving vaguely down the passageway ahead of them. "Scout ahead?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6:
2 2 2 3 4 4 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Daniel says, "OR IS HE?"
«OOC» Daniel says, "Yep. Totally."

Savannah considers the darkness of the sewer they are going into and nods absently to Hek, "I have some small talents in that area, but that sort of scouting can also be like ringing a bell and banging a drum. We're already going to be under a magical field effect on top of it all; might be best not to add to it."

Daniel takes the offered respirator, strapping it over his face, but shakes his head at the offered flashlight. "Just make sure folks know what to bring, next time," he grumbles. Down into the sewer he climbs, fitting akwardly though the manhole. Large shaman is large. "Moderatly," the Amerind says to Hek while finishing his climb. At the bottom, he smirks at Savannah. "Depending on the effect used," he says. "Walking about is one thing. Enhancing concealment is another matter." He turns, and begins chanting… uh… something. Sounds like something out of an old Sim, where holy people banish demons. Similar language, at least. Oh, and his eyes start to kind of glow. All the color vanishes from them, aside from a small black dot in the center.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "TN is 5 (Force) + 1 (BG) - 2 (Grade). Every 2 successes reduces TN penalties by 1":
1 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

Savannah doesn't argue with the shaman, nor does she impede his progress in doing what he is going to do. Instead, she shines the flashlight down into the access point and waits on the others, one hand moving to check the ear piece in her left ear and otherwise prepare herself for their little adventure.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (totem) - 1 (withheld to assist with drain) vs TN 5 for "Summoning a F5 City Spirit, BG penalty nullified by centering.":
1 3 4 4 4 5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (totem) - 1 (withheld to assist with drain) - 2 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Summoning a F5 City Spirit, BG penalty nullified by centering. KP:1":
1 1 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (totem) - 1 (withheld to assist with drain) - 2 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Summoning a F5 City Spirit, BG penalty nullified by centering. KP:3 (final)":
3 4 4 5 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Charisma + 1 (Extra from before) vs TN 5 for "Resist 5M stun":
1 4 4 4 5 9 16 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Charisma + 1 (Extra from before) - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resist 5M stun, kp:4":
3 3 4 5 = 1 Success

Latin? There is an Amerind shaman, using /Latin/ as a focus for his magical abilities? What is the world coming to? On he chants, his complextion changing. The eyes were first - loosing color, the pupils shrinking, vanishing behins a dull, solid white-glow. Teeth become a tad pointy, not quite fang-looking, but perhaps it is something that will grow more pronounced over time. Spooky shamanic mask is spooooooky.

On the astral, a spirit is called forth and appears. It is a nice spirit, just floating there, not taking a solid form as of yet. Or is even noticable to anyone in the meat-world, unless they have magic of their own.

Daniel turns to the others and gives a nod. "Whenever you are ready," he says.

The first part really is the worst. The smell is indescribably bad, though the respirators help significantly with that. Invisible as he is, the smuggler clears his throat, turning on his light which, helps. Presumably he figures he can douse it again if actually needed.

Scuttling rats flee instantly. Which is good; these aren't Warrens rats. They have not tasted human flesh. The tunnel is wide enough to go two abreast, for now.

The choice is north or south, and the smuggler says, "North. There's a yellow sticker on the left wall, we're heading to that."

«OOC» Daniel says, "Oh. GM call."
«OOC» Daniel says, "Or a someone-who-remembers-the-rules-better call."
«OOC» Daniel says, "Spirit Concealment on multiple persons. Multiple services to do so?"
«OOC» Eris says, "No, just one, but it has to make the check one at a time."
Daniel has partially disconnected.
«OOC» Eris says, "(Only there is no check; it basically just takes multiple actions. Which is important in combat and largely irrelevant now)"

Hek keeps his light off, relying on the lights of others and his enhanced optics to guide him through the tunnel. The rats scurrying away gives Hek comfort and he smiles slightly beneath the respirator, confirming to himself that he and the team are the biggest, baddest creatures in the immediate vicinity. "Someone can scout. Go an astral prane?" Hek asks hopefully, using what little knowledge of magic that the trid shows have provided him with. "Rook for probarems?" The man suggests in his decidedly accented English.

Savannah keeps her light on, holding the item in her left hand as they climb down and get a look around. She'll nod to the smuggler and moves to follow him, her right hand empty for the time being. She'll just glance to Hek and shakes her head, having already said her bit about magic down here. Instead, she'll tilt her head and listen for anything more than the scrabble of rat feet.

Daniel never accepted a light. For now, he relies on the light given by the others. Should the need arise, there is always using a more mystical sight. "Not worth the touble it could cause," Daniel answers Hek aloud. Now that they are down in the tunnels… time to get going. "Be forewarned, I'm having the friend I just called show up, to help conceal out passing." Can't have the others get spooked at the materialization.

A mental command is sent, and the spirit takes heed. Trash scattered all about begins to move of it's own accord, as though there were a breeze. Except the air is still. It all piles together, taking on a vaguely humanoid shape. A man dressed in clothes made of litter. More latin from the Amerind, and the air around the runners, one by one, begins to thicken… shadows become darker, or streatch to more easily hide them. A moment passes, and Daniel nods.
«Plot» Eris says, "Okay, stealth checks from everyone trying to be stealthy please."
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 6:
2 3 4 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Stealth (Urban):
3 3 4 4 5 11
«Plot» Daniel says, "Group gains F5 CONCEALMENT - this is effectively a -5 penalty to any perception checks to notice them. This includes Astral, if there is any magical tomfoolery about."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Stealth for "Test":
1 2 9

Thirty minutes are long, slow, and uncomfortable as the dripping darkness and gloom surround the group.

Rats cease noticing their passage, too. Which means that there's more of the horrible fuzzy critters around to have to pointedly ignore.

Eventually, though, the yellow sticker comes into view. Groping around, the smuggler is able to find a doorhandle. Apparently, this section of tunnel has had a little work done. When the disguised maintainence hatch is pulled outwards, he gets a lot more talkative. Of course, to the group, it looks largely like the wall opens itself.

"It doesn't seem likely anything will have stumbled into these parts by accident." He confides in the group, "But stay on guard anyway. Not all smugglers have my cheery disposition and natural love of company."

Savannah chuckles quietly, trudging along in amiable silence with the others, keeping a look out for things besides rats. Or rats that are paying far too much attention. Of course, the city spirit makes their passage hard to discern for most, and if there aren't a lot of people around this might be an easy trip. But does anything ever really go easy?

Having only been recently introduced, first hand, to manifest spirits… the coalescing of Daniel's city spirit into corpreal form has Hek a little bit on edge at first. Eventually he settles down and deals with, though wary glances are cast in its direction from time to time. As the smuggler opens the concealed portal. The smuggler's cheery disposition does little to alleviate the tension that Hek feels in his shoulders and muscles from moving slowly, purposefully and with minimal amounts of noise. Bringing up the rear of the group, he spends almost as much time looking back over his shoulder at the way they came… than he does focused on what the smuggler is leading them all into

Daniel moves about. He begins to shoo rats away with a booted foot, any time they don't part for his passing. Because /rats/. "Mmm-hmm." He shakes his head at the smuggler. Lucky that the dark hides it. The eyeroll, too. Right. Guard duty. He keeps an eye out for any rats larger than the others. Or any strange behaviour among them.

«OOC» Eris says, "Okay, perception checks please."
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Intelligence for "Perception Test. Flashlight, Elven eyes":
1 2 2 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 6 for "Hek":
2 2 2 3 7 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence for "Totall human, no upgrades.":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5

You paged Hek with 'The group carries on for a good fifteen minutes or so, and then you spot something large lurking in the shadows ahead; on closer inspection, it seems to be an alligator.'.

There is an edge in Hek's tone as he hisses. "Alligator!" Alerting the team as to what it is that he sees up ahead. The Ingram tracks something in the distance, Hek's eyes glowing a light blue as the smartlink paints trajectories and other ballastic information on his retinas.

«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 5 (to no one): Crocodile Per Check
2 4 4 5 5

«Plot» Eris says, "This is about 15 minutes after you entered this side tunnel. Just to keep time in perspective."

Savannah glances in the direction Hek indicates, remarking quietly, "With the spirit it is likely he'll just waddle past us if we don't bug him. Maybe he is sleeping off a meal as well. Shooting him might rile it up."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 (to Eris) for "Thanks for keeping me legit. Mental Addiction Resistance of Novacoke having taken more than 3 doses":
1 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 (to Eris) for "Thanks for keeping me legit. Mental Addiction Resistance of Novacoke having taken more than 3 doses. KP:1":
2 3 4 4 15 21 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Body vs TN 6 (to Eris) for "Thanks for keeping me legit. Mental Addiction Resistance of Novacoke having taken more than 3 doses. KP:1":
1 2 2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Body vs TN 6 (to Eris) for "Thanks for keeping me legit. Mental Addiction Resistance of Novacoke having taken more than 3 doses. KP:3":
3 4 4 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

Hek pages: Hek is down to 5 KP for the run.
Long distance to Hek: Eris thumbsup

Danger! Hiss, quiet… definately danger. Mana flares, Daniel's skin, this time, taking on a stone-like shade, while green light manifests in his hand. He… stops. Savannah's arm is up. She explains. Oh. Okay. He stops with the mana, the faint green light flickering out. Best to move on.

The smuggler seems content to try and sneak past the beast; after all, he's invisible AND spirit-protected. He's paid out the ass for this kind of protection, it better darned well work. The alligator, for its part, seems entirely unaware of everything going on around it. Other than to lazily grab a rat that came too close. Nom.

Hek follows the group as they ease their way past the alligator. The combination of the stimulants pumping through his veins and the cybernetics that he relies on for his edge, almost causes him to pull the trigger when the beast's jaws snap shut and make quick work of the rat sized morsel. "Better you than me.." He murmurs, sounding almost remorseful in a Buddhist sort of way, for the rat's loss of life. Having bypassed a potentially violent situation, Hek breathes easier… at least as easily as one can while wearing a respirator. Never one to fully trust that which has been left behind, he frequently shifts almost all the way around from time to time, placing his back to the group so that he can fully scan the tunnels through which they have already come.

Savannah watches the critter with a careful eye, neither hastening nor slowing her stride. She still takes care to go around it, but the same sort of berth you give an antsy troll or a barking dog, no more. Her expression seems to indicate that this is its house, they could at least be polite.

Invisible dude. Why can't he be seen? Daniel just waits for a few moments. For something to happen. The other two move along… and he frowns. "Fine," he mumbles, and opens up his mystical sight. Darkness now meaning nothing to him… oh. Yes. They have /definately/ moved on. He goes to keep up, because cred is cred, yo.

You paged Daniel with 'BG count is 2 down here despite a lack of people or obvious pollution. It also feels … creepy.'.

Another five minutes walking past the gator, and there's a second door. The smuggler opens it … and then there's a stumbling, and Daniel can see he jerks back as though he's been shocked. "Drek." He hisses. "There's people. Don't look friendly."

Savannah quirks an eyebrow and hmms softly. She glances to see if said people have reacted to the opening of a door by invisible forces, finding a handy section of wall to hide against. She looks to the others and murmurs, "Unfriendly people will probably not buy the wind opening the door down here."

Hek muses more to himself, than attempting to communicate with the team. "Time to earn the cred." The tone is neutral, resigned. A simple mental command disengages the safety on the submachine gun. Apparently not completely impatient, he looks to Daniel, the obvious magic user and waits. If he has learned one thing in the Denver shadows, it is that the mojo slingers usually have better plans than his typical move of pulling the trigger until nothing is left moving. (Cityspeak)

«OOC» Daniel says, "I… uh… will throw SUT at us, and try to give us extra combat pool/a slight tactical plan?"
«OOC» Eris says, "Okay, I'm going to add a +1 TN though because… all you know is 'there are people the other side of that door'. So TN is 5. :P"

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "KP:5-7 to add some extra dice!":
2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 (success) vs TN 5 for "KP:5-7 to add some extra dice! kp:8(roll)":
3 5 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Karma Pool: 2 - 3 (success) vs TN 5 for "KP:5-7 to add some extra dice! kp:10(roll)":
5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Eris says, "Okay, everyone can choose to take +2 init or +2 cp (or one of each) for the upcoming fight if they follow Daniel's awesome plan which he is posing now."

Not too many plans can be done as quickly as Hek likely wants them to be. Still. Life is like chass. Pieces. Plans. Set things right, and surprises can be kept to a minimum. Or not affect the short game overly much. He points. "You, there. You, there. You, there." Not a /lot/ of help. But it does give them a bit of an advantage that they might not have otherwise had. Then the short gist of a plan comes through. It is a good plan. Solid enough, despite the lack of intel. There is, after all, only the one (obvious) door from there to here. Enemies have to come through it. So be ready. Maybe some cover-fire, maybe a concussion grenade gets thrown through.

If the runners are expecting people to come through the door, they are going to be disappointed. They don't seem to have noticed that the door is open; nor is there any kind of discussion filtering through. There is a kind of wet noise. But Daniel's spirit is still doing its job well.

Savannah blinks at Daniel, then looks to the door. The plan is … well, it is a plan of sorts. She'll wait and watch the doorway, perhaps expecting half a dozen wild eyed party gangers to burst in. When nothing happens she hmms softly and looks to the others.

Though Hek might be a bit impatient, he is sure as hell alert as can be. The occasional nod acknowledges his understanding of the plan, and he agrees with the usefulness of a flashbang, while at the same time regretfully admitting that he does not have one. He looks at Savannah, then Daniel, then around for the dwarf who he cannot see. Pointing to his eyes with index and middle fingers, he points to the room. "How many?" He murmurs as quietly as possible.

"Plans change all the time," grumbles Daniel, moving over to the door sneakily. Sneak sneak. Time to get a looksie and see how things are set up. Perhaps a better plan will form at that time. Unlikely. Cover fire is awesome. Ditto concussion grenades.

«Plot» Eris says, "Perception please, Dan."

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 3 4 4 5
«OOC» Daniel says, "Waaagh."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence for "KP 11":
1 4 5 5 5 5 8
«OOC» Daniel stands.
You paged Daniel with 'You're astrally perceiving. Do you have 'paranormal threats'/'paranormal animals' or similar knowskill? You can default to magic background if you have to.'.
From afar, Daniel checks.
Daniel pages: Magial Threats 2 / Paranormal Animals 2
You paged Daniel with 'Roll one :P'.
You paged Daniel with 'Magical threats probably'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Magical Threats + Karma Pool: 2 for "Because botches SUCK (kp 12-14)":
3 3 5 17
«OOC» Daniel says, "I'll take it."

You paged Daniel with 'There are four men in the sewer tunnel. They are crowded around the body of a troll. Two are biting him, two are watching one in each direction (though they haven't noticed you). They are vampires.'.

Daniel freezes. Those with enhanced senses can tell he's stopped breathing. Slowly, oh-so-slowly, he steps backwards. One, two, three steps. Once through the door, he moves to where he can stand, so that when light shines on him, it won't spill into the other room. Much. Once out of the way, he wobbles his hands, jerking them in odd motions. Anyone who speaks ASL understands immediately. Those who don't? Tough cookies. His face is pale. Obviously spooked. Anyone who looks confused by his hand-waving, he holds a finger to his lips, in a 'ssshhh' gesture.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) has the Language Sign Language with the value '4'.
«OOC» Daniel says, "Anyone else?"
«OOC» Eris says, "The smuggler gets it."
«Plot-Page» (To: Eris) Daniel says, "'Do you speak sign language?' is what he asked."

Perhaps he is spellcasting? Savannah looks at Daniel, understanding his paleness but nothing else. That cannot be a good sign. She stays quiet at the shhhh gesture, waiting for a better explaination or a spell to result.

The smuggler, still invisible, but visible enough to Daniel, raises an eyebrow archly.

Hek can follow the simple instruction to shhhhhh and he does so, remaining quiet. The fact that the magic user is so obviously spooked by whatever he saw makes Hek uneasy. He leans against the wall of the maintenance tunnel, absently clenching and unclenching his free hand.

Oh, to have cybernetics. This must be how silly mages who are about to start down the burnout path feel. /One little thing/ could make the whole problem go away. One. Thing. It's crazy. So, he does the only thing he can think of. Taking two fingers (index and middle) of his right hand, he holds them in front of his mouth. Pointing down, and doing his best to line them up with his canine's. Then he makes a slow motion, as though he's moving to BITE into Savannah's neck, using those two fingers as fangs of some sort.

Savannah slaps at Daniel's head with a scowl. She points at the earpiece and subvocal microphone gear she is wearing and rolls her eyes to the Heavens, perhaps asking the Almighty for help. She frowns at the shaman and spreads her hands, gestureing in a 'well, now what?' manner.

It takes a few moments, but Daniel would make an excellent charades player. Hek, being stimulated to the point of near instant recognition, nods quickly to convey his understanding. Leveraging the axiom that actions speak louder than words, he begins to back away from the entrance… curious to see if any of the rest of them are considering bugging out as well.

The smuggler glances at Hek, but, he can't speak and he can't be seen. Instead he communicates in sign language with Daniel. ~Only way to meeting place is through them. Can't your spirit make sunlight or garlic or something?~

Daniel rubs at his head, eyeing Savannah. Then, he points at the door, then holds up four fingers. /Four/. Fingers. Again, he makes charade-y motions. Holding something in his hand, the other pulling something out, and then throwing that something. Then both hands in a circle, moving away from eachother.

Four vampires? That seems .. well. That seems a tad more than a simple walk in the sewers. She shakes her head at the miming of a grenade, giving Daniel a sharp look that clearly communicates her thought that carrying such is something she wouldn't do. She frowns, displeasure in her eyes.

Hek remains more or less motionless, not sure what to do and not wanting to provke any unwarranted attacks. Hek is a pretty simple soul when you get right down to it. If it involves turf battles, breaking and entering or the occasional bit of matrix work he is right at home. When it comes to the Sixth dimension of the Sixth world, he is at an absolutely loss.

«OOC» Daniel says, "Confusion, then!"
«OOC» Eris says, "Okay, pose it up."

As quietly as possible, Daniel sighs. Think think. He rubs his forehead. Think. He glances to Hek, makes a gun-like thing, two fingers, thumb UP. He points at his head, thumb down. Then, if there was any confusion, points towards the door. Not me. /Them/. To Savannah… same thing. Why not. A mental pulse to the little pile of trash-person. /Two/ mental pulses. Because why not? He turns to the door, himself, and begins to pull in mana. Juuuusut in case.

«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V1":
3 5 8 16 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V2":
2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V3":
3 3 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V4":
3 3 3 8 = 1 Success
«OOC» Hek says, "Hek's pose, or combat?"

Savannah considers this round of charades. She watches Daniel and suppresses a smile, reaching beneath her jacket to see what she's brought with her. It wasn't like they had time to rush off to get armed for Bear. She hmms and nods to herself, waiting to see what they are going to do and how fast everyone else is. Usually she has enough time to breath before it is all over.

The trash spectre moves into the sewer and, stealthily, sets about its work, weaving a web over the corrupted creatures.

«Plot» Eris says, " We'll go to inits. You get ambush on them so reaction vs 2 and inits to be precise."

«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 2 for "+4 v1":
2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 2 for "+4 v2":
1 2
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 2 for "+4 v3":
2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 2 for "+4 v4":
2 4
Hek points his gun at Daniel, mimicing a lack of understanding as he arches a questioning eyebrow. If those emotionless, mechanical eyes of his could show humor they would. He lowers the weapon and inches along the wall towards the door, getting ready to get the job done.
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 2 3 3 4 5 7 10 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 2 2 3 3 4 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls 1 vs TN 2:
1 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Eris says, "And init"
«OOC» Eris says, "Also Dan!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
4 4 4 5 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Plot» Eris says, "Vampires cannot roll higher than the lowest successes and so are Surprised in the first round of combat."
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Initiative with a result of 15.

«Plot» Hek says, "16 with the +1"

«Plot» Eris says, "Okay Hek, you go first. There are four mildly confused looking humans with pale skin, blood around their mouths, and a dead troll situated between them standing in the middle of the hallway."

«Plot» Hek says, "Two bursts into the smallest of them. Let me put the TN together. Stationary? Partial Light? Any cover? Anything else?"
«Plot» Eris says, "Dan did try to communicate 'you want to headshot them' as a note. They are stationary, there is no cover, it is partial light thanks to the torches."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 4 5 11
«Plot» Hek says, "Hek figures out what his player didn't… head shot them."
«Plot» Eris says, "Okay. You got any recoil comp for the second burst?"
«Plot» Hek says, "Nope. it is going to be ugly."
«Plot» Eris says, "4 base, -2 smartlink, +2 called shot, +1 partial light, -1 stationary. First shot equals out to TN 4. Second shot gets +2 for second target, +3 for burst, for TN 9."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4:
1 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 11 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Hek says, "Stand on that."
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9:
2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 15 = 1 Success
«Plot» Eris says, "Vampire can't dodge as he is surprised (and also confusion)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 vs TN 6 for "Resisting D+2 damage":
2 2 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 vs TN 6 for "Resisting D+2 damage KP:1":
1 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Resisting D+2 damage KP:3":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Hek (#10968) rolls 9 vs TN 9:
1 1 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Eris says, "The first vampire is killed instantly. His head explodes."
«Plot» Hek says, "KP: 1 reroll… down to 4 KP"
«Plot» Eris says, "Standing on 1 success?"
«Plot» Hek says, "So 1 success, 10D"
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D Damage":
1 1 1 2 4 4 4 8 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D Damage KP:1":
1 1 2 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 9 - 3 vs TN 6 for "Soaking D Damage KP:3":
1 1 2 3 3 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 3 vs TN 6:
2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Eris says, "Second vampire takes an M wound and falls over."
«Plot» Eris says, "Same modifiers apply - partial light, stationary."
«Plot» Eris says, "Wait no, he fell over."
«Plot» Eris says, "So partial light only."

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 7 for "Firing on downed vamp. Called Shot. Partial light negated by elven low light. +4 called shot -1 laser sight + base 4":
1 2 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Firing on downed vamp. Called Shot. Partial light negated by elven low light. +4 called shot -1 laser sight + base 4 karma":
4 4 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 3 vs TN 5 for "Resisting D damage":
1 4 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Eris says, "Savannah takes out the second vampire!"

Fully committed to his actions, Hek snugs the compact submachine gun up against his shoulder and leans around the corner. Keeping his kung fu training in mind, the voice of his sifu guides his actions. "When fighting multiple opponents, go for the weakest one first." So he does just that.

In the tight confines of the concrete tunnels, the roar of burst fire is practically deafening. For his part, Hek seems to take it in stride as the cybernetic compensators buried deep in his ears dampen the pressure changes. Super sonic chunks of lead fly down the narrow corridor, a handful of them complete disintegrating the head of his first target.
Despite the loud hiss of the gasvent redirecting the expanding gasses from the cartridges, and the short stock snug against his shoulder, not even the smartlink is enough to make his second shot true. The handful of lead chunks smash into the second vampire none the less, staggering the vile creature away from the corpose of the troll.

Taking a deep breath, Savannah draws out her Beretta and steps to where she can see through the doorway. She'll steady the pistol in a two handed grip, the laser sight drawing a bead on the vampire that just got shot by Hek. She steadies for a moment and fires, the little red dot right above the creature's right eye. She murmurs a soft prayer as she fires.

«OOC» Daniel says, "Stunball away!"
«OOC» Daniel says, "BG 2, you said?"
«OOC» Eris says, "Yes"
«OOC» Daniel presumes WP 4, because that's in the info…
«OOC» Eris says, "Yup"

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Base 4, +2 BG, -2 Grade, -1 TN per two successes":
1 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering - 1 (success) vs TN 4 for "Base 4, +2 BG, -2 Grade, -1 TN per two successes (KP 15)":
4 5 7 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Daniel says, "Alrighty. F5, Serious stunball."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Base TN 4, penalties negated by CENTERING!":
2 2 2 3 3 4 5 8 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 - 4 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Base TN 4, penalties negated by CENTERING! (kp 16)":
1 1 1 4 4 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V1":
2 3 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Eris (#9237) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "V2":
2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Eris says, "They can't… actually not take that to D so, they go down too."

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "F5, halved to 2, -1 Spell mod, +1 BG. Resist D drain":
1 2 2 2 3 5 5 8 16 = 8 Successes

«Plot» Eris says, "Okay, as I believe Hek has to go soon, after Daniel has posed, I'll do a wrapup."

Mana is gathered. Magical energies. The shooting likely drew attention, but… well. Confusion. That green glow begins to coalesc around his hands. Or are they talons? Whatever they are… they look like they're made out of granite. The light builds, the stone travels up his arm. The sleeve even going gray. His eyes are solid white, now. Briiight green light, until it's the size of his fist, and he THROWS it! Right down into the middle of the… is it still a murder if there are only two of them? The light hits, ripples… and the last two go down.

Carefully destroying the brain of the downed vampires isn't really a challenge; the smuggler also makes sure he carefully blow off the troll's head because, hey, you… can't be too careful. Who knows how the hell these things work? "I'll come back and burn the bodies in the morning. Looks like the rumors were true after all! Emphasis on, were."

The rest of the trip is tense, but, it seems like these were the only monsters in this set of tunnels this evening. And so, when he finally arrives in the PCC sector, Boris 'The Badger' hands over the agreed credsticks, and his contact information. "Thanks for tonight. Sorry I can't afford to give you more but, hey. If you need something from me in the future, I'll see what I can do."

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License