Smash 'N Grab
GM: Tactics
Players: Pixel, Haken, Vera, Tactics, Air
Synopsis: Runners and a Decker are hired to eliminate a gunsmith. Payment is taken in firearms loot.
Date: Sun Dec 12 2070

«Plot» Tactics says, "This plot is full consent on. What happens here doesn't just stay here, it can kill your characters. If you're okay with this, keep reading! If not, there's the door. Second: I have some odd ways I handle certain rules. Don't be unreasonable, and it won't come up. Things like quickdrawing assault rifles are a no no. Stay reasonable and I won't tell you no, despite what the rules say one way or the other. If this is okay, continue reading! If not, there's the door! Third: You get one 'but' to convince me something should be handled differently. Past that, my ruling stays! If you don't like the way it turns out, there's the appeals queue, I won't mind if you have to appeal because I rule against something legal in the rules. If you are gonna argue about it and make a fuss about it mid game and be disruptive, there's the door!"
«Plot» Tactics says, "If you're cool with all this, I'd like to see some consent on =plot"

«Plot» Air consents to this plot and it's fallout.
«Plot» Haken consents his life away.
«Plot» Vera says, "Please don't kill me, but I won't be OOCly mad if you do! :)"
«Plot» Pixel conscents

«Plot» Tactics says, "The plot, as it stands: The runners have just found out that a shadowsmith in the CAS district has been selling guns at severly marked down prices, then turning the runners over to Lone Star, whom pick up the runners, returning the weapons confiscated to the smith as payment. A local fixer has decided this is bad for business, reducing his customers from both undercutting his prices and putting the buyers in jail, and he wants it stopped with the dirty smith dead. He offers 20k to the decker, and as many guns as the team can loot to have it end. The Star are currently being 'occupied' by some of the fixer's associates, so the team has a 30 minute window to do this in. Everyone accept the terms?"

«Plot» Air accepts the terms.
«Plot» Vera says, "I don't see why not. :)"
«Plot» Haken happily accepts.

«Plot» Pixel says, " How long do I have to work before the run 30 minutes? Also does the fixer give me a host address for the smith or Lonestar? Or am I having to find that on my own?"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Where are you logging in from?"
«Plot» Air can run shotgun on the decking if required.
«Plot» Tactics says, "Name a constellation and roll to logon."

Pixel yawns as she adjusts the heat in her appartment and pads up to the window, opening it to make one last adjustment to the portable satalite sitting in the windowbox, checking it for good signal. She has a few hours with the Oracle-5 constellation til it goes over the horizon, more than enough time. The dwarf then snuggles into her bed and plugs in her deck on the nightstand streatching out as she dives into the matrix. With a rush of digital noise the dwarf's body is replaced with a mist of 1's and 0's surrounding a single small glowing cube as she logs into the constellation and heads for the host.

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6:
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 10 16

«Plot» Tactics says, " You logon to angelsatcom"

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Browse 6":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 13

«Plot» Tactics says, "You find the SAN, just gotta logon now"

Pixel rushes through the matrix streamers of digits flowing out around her like smokey tentacles reaching searching for the host.

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Deception 6, Masking 6 (not sure if masking counts here)":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 8

Pixel produces a solid looking key in her misty hand, made out of quicksilver flowing metal. She holds it up to the host and works it into its code as she tries to logon.

«Plot» Tactics says, "You logon the Denver RTG successfull."

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6:
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Deception 6 to get in":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 7 10

«Plot» Tactics says, "You find the site."
«Plot» Tactics says, "You logon successfully."

Pixel works her magic again and again gliding past the CAS servers in search of the Gunsmith's host.

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Browse six for gunsmith":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 20

«Plot» Tactics says, "You successfully find his host"

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Again Deception 6, masking 6, and all they want is crashing?":
1 1 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 10

Pixel easilly passes into the host the central "pixel" inside of her growing dim as she makes sure to bring up all her masking programs. First thing the decker does is scan around the host to get her bearings before heading to look for the camera and security feeds.

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Sensor 3 Browse 6:: Pixel is looking for the security feeds to lonestar first.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Security Systems (Matrix):
1 2 2 5 20

«Plot» Tactics says, "You find the camera Slaves"

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Spoof 6 to gain access/control of the cameras. She downloads the last thirty seconds of feed before cutting them off.":
1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 11

«Plot» Tactics says, "You spot a man inside, working in the back on a long barrel, adding some sort of modification to it."

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Spoof 6 Got feed. This roll is to turn them off.":
1 1 2 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 11

«Plot» Tactics says, "You disable the cameras."

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for " looking for the maglocks":
3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 10 11

«Plot» Tactics says, "You find the maglock controls."

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Spoof 6 to unlock":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Computers + Hacking Pool: 6 for "Goes looking for files, client lists, and other paydata.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 8 9 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Pixel (#3597) rolls Data Brokerage:
1 4 4 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "-4 Default Disguise +4 polymask":
1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "-4 Default Disguise +4 polymask~KP2":
1 1 2 2 4 4 4 7

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7:
1 2 2 4 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Air is a slightly Sioux looking gentleman without a tan, dark hair, green eyes. Calls himself Macawi.
«Plot» Air says, "Vera knows Air is wearing a disguise, but not who is under it."

Commlink-Haken> Haken says, "OK team. We are go. I have the perimeter covered. Let me know when when the area is secure and I'll pull the van up."

«Plot» Tactics says, "Perception tests"

Pixel has a good time trashing the host and then logs-off to settle down with a cup of hot coco.

«Plot» Air will be wearing a balaclava over the disguise anyway for the smash. Urban camo fullsuit, silenced Cerberus sidearm with Spiritbuster, APDS and ExEx spare clips.
«Plot» Tactics says, "Tactics is wearing a resperator and goggles, with his standard assault armor on. His face isn't visible at all."
«Plot» Vera will be wearing her street gear, with a cloak thrown over it to hide her face. Two silenced Max-Power clones. ExEx ammo.
«Plot» Vera is going in the Rover.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
2 4 4 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "Percept, low-light (eye light within 100m)":
2 3 4 4 4 5 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
2 4 4 5 5 10

«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Tactics says, "You notice some guy out behind a resturant smoking. Looks like a cook."
«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Tactics says, "Several hundred yards off, but has LoS. God knows why he's out so late."

Nervously waiting for the team to breach, Haken circles the block in his Ares Roadmaster. Giving his drones a quick check every so often, he does his best to sure the perimeter stays clear. This is the first B/E he has been on and isn't sure exactly how it is going to play out. "Too bad we have to geek the smith. he says to himself, "I could have used him."

Vera is in the passenger seat of the Rover, checking her pair of FN Hi-Powers. The antique weapons are getting a loving check-through, before silencers are affixed to the barrels of each. The elf rearranges her cloak a little bit, to keep the weapons away from potential snags, and prepares for the assault. She remains quiet, her heart thumping softly in her ears.
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "We got a civilian, within LOS of the shop. I'm not the most useful - I could go ask him for a smoke and chat him up. If any of you see an Equalizer or some TMPS - well, I want those extra."

Air is the driver in a very well modded out Land Rover model 2046. The paint is currently a terrible mid brown colour, very unappealing to the eyes. Air drives along at normal speed towards the front of the gunshop. Hitting up comms via his transducer he comes on as he nears the shop. «Possible eyewitness, 250 plus meters 9o'clock. Once we breach bring your van round quick, we need to load and leave ASAP.» His transduced voice is devoid of emotion, accent, or tone, quite creepy. He fingers his Cerberus one last time with a hand to ensure it is sat just right, and continues to drive. «Posh can run distraction, be prepared to ditch as soon as we call.» At that he motors past the gunshop and then pulls over to allow Vera out, somewhere inconspicuous but nearby.

Hopping out of the back of the Land Rover once Air returns to the shop, Tactics moves around front to breach from the main entrance.
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "I have front door covered, recommend someone else take back and flash on entry."
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "I recommend noone use something as loud as a grenade."
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "I can likely facilitate silent entry at the rear door preferably."
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Your choice. The target is an ex-shadowrunner and owns a gunshop. Putting things into context."
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "We have our 30 minute window, and we've got a ticking clock from when the first loud thing is sounded. We're using silent weapons. Let's let the first loud thing be his shots if we screw up."

Air meanwhile parks the van almost right out front, just next door, and hops out with the remote locking activating as he does. He walks past Tactics and turns down the nearest alley to access the rear of the store, taking out an electronics toolkit roll as he goes, and scanning everywhere for cameras.

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Copy."
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Stack up and cover rear for breaching. Clear room by room, check your corners, follow my lead."

Vera pulls her hood over her head, to reveal her face - it now looks like she's wearing a raincoat. She moves up to approach the cook, adding a touch of unsteadiness to her walk, as if she's walking home alone after a night out. She offers a smile, and, in an actually quite good American accent, says, "Hey, do you have an extra one of those? God, I'm really gagging for a smoke. I know I shouldn't, but…you know how it goes. You've still quit so long as you don't buy a pack, rightie?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Negotiation:
1 1 2 10 11

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "No double breach?"
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Not enough squad, 2 in, 2 on overwatch. Keep LOS on the shop front Posh."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Small Unit Tactics vs TN 4 for "For me and Tactics in visual and comm.":
5 5 7 9 13 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Squad Tactics vs TN 4 for "Comp":
1 1 2 11 14 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Air will take 3 CP if possible. Otherwise +3 init.
«Plot» Tactics says, "Sure, +3 CP all around."
«Plot» Tactics says, "Epic negotiations, Vera. The chinese cook seems infatuated, you can go ahead and pose for him."

Air approaches the rear door with caution, giving it a ocne over visually before leaning in to inspect the lock and then go about opening this baby up.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "Traps? Lock?":
1 4 4 4 4 5 5 14

The cook's eyebrows raise, but he makes a move to try to be suave. Hey, can't let everything disappear all at once, can you? "All right, lady," he says. "But what do I get in return?" he jokes, twirling a cigarette over to her. Vera takes the tab gratefully and leans in, bringing it to her lips to take in a deep puff. She, somewhat playfully, walks a half-circle around the cook…but of course, to keep looking at her, his back is now turned to the gunshop. She smiles, a faint slur in her voice suggesting a young woman who has had a little too much to drink, but not a lot too much to drink. "I don't know. What'd you have in mind?"

Tactics hurries around the back and into position. 'Damnit, shoulda thought about numbers. At least the team leader here is pro' he thinks to himself, as he runs through the alley way. Waiting for Air to breach the door, Tactics checks his magazine. Standard ammunition will be the way this goes tonight. Wetwork.

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Whenever you're ready."

«Plot» Tactics says, "The door's maglock is disabled, no apparent traps. Appears it's used often, likely for smoke breaks and such."

Air peers at the lock and then starts rolling his kit away, stowing it in his chest webbing. Pulling his Cerberus he flicks his wires to -ON-, suddenly becoming super fluid in motions. The Cerberus links up to his smartlink, information flashing up in the corners of his vision as he starts to open the door slowly, doing a clear and breach maneuver.

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Deckers good, doors are unlocked, breaching."
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Copy."

Vera smiles, taking a puff on her cig as the cook smiles back at her. As soon as the cook's cig drops on the ground, she beams. "Tell you what - I could use a little drunk nosh tonight. I've got to pick up a few things at the corner store…but that cigarette was very nice of you. Why don't you whip me up an order of…well, not this American-style stuff but what you'd cook for yourself. And then I'll come in and share it with you." She winks. "How about that?" she asks. The cook, apparently delighted to have been asked out, nods and hurries back in - where, of course, it'll take about twenty minutes to make dinner, for a Vera who will never be coming. Poor guy. For her part, Vera immediately flicks the cig once the man is out of sight and hurries to join the rest of the group.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 2:
3 4

«Plot» Tactics says, "He falls for it."
«Plot» Vera says, "He'll probably be crushed when I stand him up. :)"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Air, roll perception."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "low-light+eye-lights":
1 1 1 3 4 5 7 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 5 for "Audio bonus +4 for mods.":
3 3 4 5 29

«Plot» Air has a 33 to locate position by sound alone.

«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Tactics says, "Guy in the bathroom, dude at a work bench using a lathe, and apparently someone else in front dicking around with inventory."
«Plot-Page» (To: Tactics) Air says, "Bathroom upstairs or downstairs?"
«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Tactics says, "Same floor"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "One working lathe, one in shop front area, one on toilet…. don't ask how I know he's on the toilet."

Air continues to advance inwards as he communicates, pushing the door open and scanning the room immediately inside with his Cerberus at the ready, silenced and waiting to bite.

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Haa…huff…almost there…"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Posh, can you take the front? Door should be unlocked, one Tango, taking inventory or similar."

«Plot» Tactics says, "Athletics test from Vera and we'll cut to B&E"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Also stealth check from air."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "Urban night camo count? :D":
1 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "Urban night camo count? :D KP3":
1 4 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "Urban night camo count? :D KP5":
1 2 2 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Quickness for "defaulting!":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '7'.

The wind blows, letting cold air rush into the building. The lathe stops, and the man can be heard standing from his chair in the workshop. Someone is obviously walking towards the front room, as the toilet begins to flush.

«Plot» Air will slip into the back room and scan for immediate living bodies.
«Plot» Tactics says, "Nobody visible, but the bathroom door is there, marked employees only in three languages."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 1:
3

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "One heading for the front, that counts two Tangos, repeat two Tangos in shop front area."
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Good thing I brought two weapons."

Air comms as he steps into the room, out of the way of the door and then raises his pistol, aiming around estimated center mass of the door.

«Plot» Tactics says, "It'll take just over half a minute for Vera to get back to the shop from where she's at right now."
«Plot» Air will wait until body is visible and then double tap, chest and head.

Tactics follows Air(Macawi) into the room clearing the rest of the workshop and making sure there aren't any surprises. Don't want any surprises. He waits at the door to the front room, Sabre ready to fire on anyone that opens the door. Conversation can be heard in the front room, saying something about not expecting guests tonight. From the bathroom one can hear hands being washed, untill suddenly the door starts to open…

«Plot» Tactics says, "Roll reaction"
«Plot» Tactics says, "(air)"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Reaction:
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 11 14
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Reaction:
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 4:
2 5 9 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 30.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 1:
2

«Plot» Tactics says, "Air is first by alot"
«Plot» Air says, "Double tap, one in the chest, called shot head."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "Assumed 4-2 for SL-2. No light mods. 10M chest. -2 armor":
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Assumed 4-2+2 for SL-2. No light mods. 10S headshot. -2 armor":
1 1 1 3 5 5 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 5 vs TN 9 for "Soaking":
2 4 5 11 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Soaking headshot":
2 3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Tactics says, "Splat splat. Pose it."

Air is absolutely prepared as he stands in a perfect firing position, pistol raised and braced correctly in both hands. His smartlink does the job of aiming for him, as he lines up a small reticule over the armoured door. He assesses the situation constantly, tuning out background noise, listening to the conversation in the main area, to the man washing his hands in the bathroom, to Tactics moving into position. Good, everything perfect. The door opens, and as soon as the centre mass is fully in sight he mentally pulls the trigger. The silencer makes each shot whisper quiet, and despite having no aim-dislodging recoil, he allows the pistols recoil to move his second shot upwards. The first bores a hole into the man's upper left chest, and the second scoring a neat hole next to his nose, under his left eye. The fragmenting rounds split inside and bore huge wound channels. The body is no better than sausage meat before it's even hit the floor.
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "One tango down, two remaining shop front area."

Pixel finishes her coco and streatches logging onto a matrix game and taking control of a half-dragon/half bovine knight to go fight tentacled spawn to keep the stars in the sky.

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Movement in front area, sounds like guns being loaded."

«Plot» Tactics says, "Vera is nearing the front door."
«Plot» Vera says, "Those shots were silenced, right?"

Tactics waits in position, doing nothing untill Air is done with his job. Hearing the two muffled shots, he moves away from the door a bit so that Air can get into position, or otherwise decide what to do.

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Thinking we're gonna open that door to an ambush."

Air shifts aside to get a clear picture of the door to the front area, and crouches down behind the nearest heavy looking item or bench.

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Wait for Posh to get into position, prepare to ambush them if they come for us. Posh, when you're in position, signal and we'll create a distraction."

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Well, I guess…huff…that'll position me for a counter-ambush…"

Tactics takes the queue from Air and quietly flips a work bench, hoping to stop some bullets with it's sturdy half inch plasteel counter top. Carefully lowering it against the door to avoid making tons of noise, he prepares to open the door from the cover it presents.

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Guess I'll open the door on your signal? Or do you want the honors?"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Posh, can you see anything inside the shop? If not, prepare at the door and on the count of three, go with Tactics."

Pixel rests on her couch monitoring the boss raid. Three wizard hedgehog elves are mowing down the demonic bamboo with their enchanted daisycutters while her knight straifs with bursts of flaming milk.

«Plot» Tactics says, "Vera arives at the front door."
«Plot» Vera says, "Thank goodness!"
«Plot» Vera says, "Do I see anything through the door?"
«Plot» Tactics says, "You see a man with an LMG of some sort, aiming at the workshop door, with another man burrying him under kevlar from the displays."

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "One with LMG. Heavily armored. He's got it aimed at the back door."
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Shall we?"
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Tactics ready?"
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Ready, opening on order."
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Prioritise LMG, on three. One, two, three…"

Huffing a bit, reaching under her camouflage cloak, Vera's pistols come out. After reporting on the situation, she hooks the bottom of the grip onto the door of the pull and jerks, ready to open fire as the decision to breach is taken.

«Plot» Tactics says, "Reaction rolls all around"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Reaction:
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 10 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Reaction:
2 2 3 3 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Reaction:
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 9 11 11 19
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 4:
1 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 9:
2 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 17

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Initiative with a result of 27.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 1:
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 2:
1 9

Pixel smiles as her dragon-heffer of the order of the golden teat glows with warm frothy glasses of milk dancing around her. She sits back, "Brie crafting or superjump…hmm decisions decisions" she mutters looking over the stats.

«Plot» Air uses free action to switch clips to APDS, shoots through cover at LMG. TN 5+2-2 smartlink=TN5.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "9M, half armor. First shot.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 5 10 11 11 21 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 5 vs TN 5 for "9M, half armor. First shot. KP6?":
3 5 5 5 7 8 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "9M half armor, second shot.":
2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 3 vs TN 5 for "9M half armor, second shot. KP7":
1 3 3 4 4 7 11 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 6 vs TN 5 for "9M half armor, second shot. KP9":
1 1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Air stands with 9M half armor 10 succs, first shot. 9M half armor 6 succs second.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 vs TN 2 for "APDS rounds hitting him through a stack of armor.":
1 2 2 2 3 4 10 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 vs TN 2 for "APDS rounds hitting him through a stack of armor.":
3 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 = 8 Successes

«Plot» Tactics says, "So he takes, lets see. S on the first one, L on the second. He takes 7 boxes physical."

Air edges along the desk he's crouched behind, trying to angle so he has a shot once the door opened, but not reveal too much of himself to a vicious LMG waiting for them. In the end his situation is unsatisfactory, with only half of the picture of his target available, and that hidden behind piles of armour. He takes his shots anyway, aiming where his smartlink informs him the likely spot of the enemies body is. The pistol is silenced again with only a quiet phut to accompany it's shots, and not even a case to tinkle on the floor, this one is caseless.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 7 for "3 round burst at the dude, avoiding the armor.":
1 2 3 4 4 5 7 9 11 11 14 15 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 7 for "3 round burst at the dude, avoiding the armor.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 - 2 vs TN 7 for "3 round burst at the dude, avoiding the armor. kp-1":
1 1 3 3 5 5 5 7 9 9 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 vs TN 8 for "LMG Soaking":
1 1 2 2 4 4 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 - 1 vs TN 8 for "LMG Soaking kp-1":
2 2 2 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 - 2 vs TN 8 for "LMG Soaking kp-3":
1 1 1 2 3 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 - 3 vs TN 8 for "LMG Soaking kp-6":
1 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 8 vs TN 8 for "LMG Soaking second shot":
1 1 2 3 4 4 7 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Tactics says, "LMG sucks on D anyway"
«Plot» Tactics says, "He's dead."

Tactics wastes no time opening up on the machinegunner before any shots can get off. He blasts the target with a pair of bursts to his upper torso, blood spurting across the back wall.
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "LMG down."

«Plot» Vera says, "Four shots on his flying monkey."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2:
2 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 3:
1 1 2 2 3 4 8 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2:
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 3:
2 3 3 3 4 4 14 17 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "Soaking":
1 2 2 4 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 8 for "Soaking kp 1":
2 2 4 16 = 1 Success

«Plot» Tactics says, "He's wasted."

Though Vera is the slowest of the group, she still proves to be quite a shot. PFFPFFPFFPFF. Held parallel, in front of her face, the two Brownings speak in hushed tones, stitching four very persuasive arguments into the chest of the man who had been assisting.

Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "Other hostile down."

Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Is the area clear?"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "I heard no other contacts. We should load the vehicles."

Air holsters his pistol when the fighting is over and the area has been declared clear. Standing from his crouch he hurdles the barricade Tactics put up into the front shop and heads for the front door to collect his van and back it up to the front.
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "I'll bring my van in. Get the other van in, load 'em up and get out of here."

Hearing the order over his com Haken responds, "On my way. I'm pulling up to the back." Haken turns the corner and backs his van into the alleyway. Stopping before the back door he sends his drones into dog mode and drops out of his VCR. Unlocking he back door, he climbs through the van and opens the back door. Hopping out in a hurry, he heads inside to help load the vehicle.

«Plot» Vera says, "I'm going to put my cloak on the dead guy with the flexes and prepare him for ghouling!"
«Plot» Vera says, "And then I'm going to help with the loading."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 5 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Quickness for "Athletics default":
1 2 2 2 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 5 7 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Athletics:
1 3 3 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 4 5 5 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Athletics:
1 4 5 5 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Body:
2 3 3 4

«Plot» Tactics says, "Several cases of pistols line the walls in gunracks, including cheap copies of mainstream weapons, like the Ares Predator II. More interesting weapons are Colt Manhunters, Steyr TMP's, Beretta Stilettos, that sort of thing. Some hunting rifles are mounted on the far wall, including a pair of Ruger 100's and a Remington 950. Shotguns are available too, including Enfield AS-7's, Mossberg Persuaders, and Atchison Black Panthers. The LMG the man had was an Ingram Valiant."
«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Tactics says, "You find a hidden cache of weapons in the bathroom after checking on the guy you dropped. There's a false panel in the floor, leading to a small cellar area with most of the more illegal loot."
«Plot-Page» (To: Tactics and Vera) Air will try to catch Vera on one of her passes and direct her to the hidden cache, draining that for the Land Rover rather than the Roadmaster.
«Plot-Page» (To Tactics and Air) Vera says, "Probably I'll have opportunity to do so when shifting LMG guys corpse. For myself, I'd try to pick up in this order of priority: 1: Two TMPs. 2. 1 Colt Equalizer. 3. Two Beretta Stilettos. 4. Two Cerberuses."

«Plot» Tactics says, "Everyone roll perception again."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 3 3 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 5 5 10 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 2 3 5 11

«Plot-Page» (To: Air and Vera) Tactics says, "We three notice gear coming from the bathroom."
«Plot-Page» (To: Air and Vera) Tactics says, "Vera and Air specifically notice it's all going into the Van."
«Plot-Page» (To Tactics and Air) Vera says, "What do we notice?"
«Plot-Page» (To Tactics and Air) Vera says, "Does that mean Haken is trying to double-cross us?"
«Plot-Page» (To: Air and Vera) Tactics says, "Other way"
«Plot-Page» (To: Air and Vera) Tactics says, "Other way around, Air is fucking Haken over."
«Plot-Page» (To Tactics and Air) Vera says, "I'm not going to say anything."

Drooling in anticipation, nearly passing out from the sheer excitement of seeing all that hardware there for the taking Haken gets to work. He begins by grabbing a TMP. Dropping it as he notices the LMG near the dead man, he calls out "I'll give this a good home!" Scooping it up he runs back to his van. He goes back for a second run, grabbing a Remington 950 and a Mossberg Persuader.

Air himself is pretty selective, he doesn't have as much van to fill as Haken, and his profession gives him a keen eye for what sells and what doesn't. He's focusing on small and movable items it seems, more or less, taking a couple Manhunters, a couple Stilettos, a cerberus with a silencer already threaded to it. Small, easy to move and hide, silly limitations of the van.

«Plot» Tactics says, "After the body and a few guns get moved into Air's vehicle, there's a bunch of small arms that start to get loaded into Haken's Van out back. As the last of the bags are being loaded, Sirens can be heard from not too far away. A cellphone rings. The distraction won't hold much longer, the cops are on the way!"

«Plot» Tactics says, "Even or odd, Haken."
«Plot» Haken says, "Odd"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 1:
3

«Plot» Vera says, "What alerted the cops?"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Unknown."
«Plot» Vera says, "I thought everything's been silent and we killed the guys in one round. (Okie)"
«Plot» Air finishes strapping down whatever they've got and calls his passengers to go, advising Haken do the same.

Vera grunts as she rips the lower part of her cloak, using it to wrap the wounds of the heavy guy to make sure blood won't get into Air's truck, before she drags him pretty quickly out there. She's a little stronger than she looks, and with a grunt, is able to shift that body in, and then goes for the looting! She has a little wishlist already - an Equalizer, two TMPS, two Cerberuses - ooh, these have silencers!, and two Beretta Stilettos. Cheekily, she goes about filling her own list as best as she can, though, like Air, she's not going to risk the mission for greed.

Commlink-Macawi> Air comes over the comm sprouting some odd slang, "Bleep bleeps on the way, time to scram. If it's in your hands bring it, otherwise we're ditching. Everyone in!"

At the sound of sirens Haken moves his hoop back into his van. Slamming the door behind him he makes his way back into the cabin and jacks into the vehicle. Tires squeeling he bugs out. "Best of luck to you guys!"

«Plot» Vera stops at whatever point she is called, carries what she has.

«Plot-Page» (To: Tactics) Air notes his Van has R18 external cargo carriers, if this stuff is boxed low-key it can be put there.

Tactics jumps into the back of Air's truck, one last duffle in tow. Riding atop a mound of firearms, he just silently hopes to himself none are loaded, but notes that alot of the really good stuff ended up in here. Situating himself, Tactics suddenly remembers to tell everyone on the comms he's secure.
Commlink-Tactics> Tactics says, "Truck is closed up, I'm inside, lets book it!"
Commlink-Posh> Vera says, "All right, let's go!"

«Plot» Tactics says, "Drivers, what are your actions"

Air is in the drivers seat and ready, when the call is given he kicks it into gear and pulls away. Assuming no cops appear he rips his mask off and tosses it into the footwell, talking in his normal voice now, "Masks off, masks off. Changing the paint and the license plates now!" When he's satisfied nobody looks like an armed robber he hits the buttons within to change the license plates, colour and transpodner to the next in the library. The brown land rover becomes a metallic midnight blue. And Air heads off at absolutely normal speeds, aiming towards the Warrens.

«Plot» Air ensures nobody looks like a criminal, and hits his magic button. Photovoltaic paint, morphing license plate and transponder library bing. Then a sedate drive to my base in the Warrens.

«Plot» Haken says, "I peeled out already. I'm heading home. with drones following me at about 300m."

Vera, for her part, can really class up a robbery. She lowers the passenger's side rearview mirror and begins to touch up her makeup, which would no doubt go even further to allay the suspicions of any cop who might glance through the window. "Look like we had a pretty good night. We're all alive, at least." She smiles to Air. "I think that man had some sort of augmented reflex system. I'll have to find a doc willing to do something rather ghastly - but then again, all my bikes back home were secondhand. How is this much different, once properly cleaned up and reconditioned?"

«Plot» Tactics says, "Haken, how fast are you pulling out of the alley?"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Or are you flooring it?"
«Plot» Haken says, " As fast as I deem is safe to avoid a collision. I also look before pulling out into the street."
«Plot» Tactics says, "Please roll car at a TN of handling +4"
«Plot» Tactics says, "-VCR rating"
«Plot» Haken says, "why -vcr?"
«Plot» Tactics says, "VCR gives better TN's"
«Plot» Tactics says, "Or are you not jacked in?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 6:
4 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 11 11 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 8:
2 2 4 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 8:
1 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 8:
1 3 5 5 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Tactics says, "You begin to pull out at the slow slow speed of 1 meter/second"
«Plot» Haken says, "I floor it."
«Plot» Tactics says, "Err, you don't want to do that yet. You're talking 12 seconds to clear the building at least."
«Plot» Haken says, "I floor it."
«Plot» Tactics says, "Flooring it anyway?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 8:
1 2 3 3 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 8:
1 1 2 4 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Tactics says, "Haken avoids crashing and continues to move out at 1m/s, still 9 more meters till he clears the alley."

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 9:
3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 9:
3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Tactics says, "You bang into the wall, still 9 meters out."

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Car vs TN 9:
2 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

Knowing there is no way to get vehicle out of the alley, Haken jacks back into his RCM and brings his drones back, "I must defend my cargo!" he shouts. Bring his drones over head, he awaits the law.

«Plot» Tactics says, "Well, that's the end of the run for tonight."
«Plot» Tactics says, "The end of the run, I mean."
«Plot» Tactics says, "There is no continuation."
«Plot» Tactics says, "The log will be submitted, and staff will deal with the results of Haken's actions."
«Plot» Tactics says, "Thanks everyone for playing, and sorry it turned out this way."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License