Sinner Man
GM: Mr. Terrific
Players: Jinx, Crowe, Dean
Synopsis: The Sinners get wind of an upcoming attack on one of the checkpoints into their turf. So they hire some disposable runners to guard it for the evening to take care of business.
Date: April 11, 2071

So the word goes out that to get in on a run ya gotta get to the back room of CHROME and right quick. With all safety precautions in place, one can easily visit said back room, where two fine ladies (one a redhead, one a brunette dwarf) in armored synthleather with shotguns at the ready await. (They are wearing the obvious gang colors that can be identified. They're also quite clean - must have bathed extra special for the meet.) When all are arrived, they shut the doors and activate the electronic countermeasures against eavesdropping that CHROME's back room has built in.

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Criminal Organizations:
1 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Criminal Organizations for "What's that setup about?":
1 1 2
«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Gang Identification for "GANG?":
3 4 7
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Female, leather, shotguns. Probably the Sinners."

Jinx was as usual low on cash, which meant she had to do some jobs. Hearing about the open work offer she moved to the place, today in her urban camo-stuff. More armor that way and such.

Dean ambles into the place, he's been here a couple times, undecided if it's his scene or not. Interesting crowd tonight. Since it's that kinda place, he fishes out a typically crumpled paper pack of smokes, taps one out, and lights it with a 'clack!' as his zippo snaps open. Looks like dice on the side of it. He lets his eyes wander over the place, taking in the crowd in myriad spectrums. He's glad for the volume cutout option he got, works just fine in here, despite being made for artillery and such. With a nod, "ladies" he acknowledges the leathered up gangers on the way back. They all look the same to him.

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Disguise + 3 (Acting) for "Posing in a disguise":
1 2 3 3 4 4
Crowe enters Chrome almost exactly a minute before the supposed meet. Enough time to go to the bar, think about getting a drink, and then move to the backroom. With his inherently shady behaviour, they let him in. Or possibly they recognized the Kid Stealth legs and pegged him as Crowe. Such things happen when you're a cybernetic freak. Today, Crowe is wearing his usual gray suit with dark gray overcoat, but something is different —- Ah! Yes, he has one hell of a chisseled jaw, clear modelled after one of the sim stars. Some people might even confuse him as that guy in that one Shadowrunner movie. Is this reverse psychology or something? A shadowrunner dressing up as a shadowrunner so people think he /isn't/ a shadowrunner?

And when everyone is placed, the redhead says, "Damn glad to meet you all. The name's 'Velvet.' We heard something special is going to go down at the chokepoint between Mission Hills and Shenandoah. We want to place you as soon as possible, and have you stop anyone trying to get through who doesn't have the passcode. Mission lasts till the dawn, and it pays 5k nuyen per. We'll be linking you in to our huckleberries for added spotting potential."

Dean says, "So we're just supposed to be holding the line by Mission Hills there? What's the story? I'd like to know who we should be expecting. That, and what's our limits? Ought we ta just waste anybody we don't know, or who don't know the password, or do we jus' tell 'em 'frag off an' find another way hombre'?" He squints a bit at the chica, somewhat chagrined. "Huckleberries? Whatchoo talkin about there little lady?"

The brunette lady dwarf's eyes roll heavenwards, as if to say, "Why am I here playing security guard when all I see are children." When 'little lady' is spoken, said shotgun barrel wavers across Dean's chest in that way that indicates that if this wasn't a completely controlled smartgun that doesn't even have a trigger and is totally mentally controlled by smartlink and induction pad I would so be having an accidental discharge right now and man would I just hate having to apologize. 'Velvet', the redheaded human, condescendingly says, "I was referring to the junior members of our team who stand watchout."

'Velvet' now answers Dean's other questions. "Don't let them pass unless they give you the pass-code. We have several pass-codes for different kinds of people, by the way. How you manage it is up to you. If you end up with a pile of bodies out front, stack them over to the side."

"Okay, no worries." Dean eyes the shotgun quizzically, "I'm yer huckleberry. I'm game fer yer little scheme. Tell ya what, we got off on the wrong foot here maybe, Miss Velvet," Dean hits the name with emphasis, placating tones dancing all through his speech "I'll do it free, smooth things over. Call it a favour, ta get back into yer good graces, and perhaps dissuade ya from waiving that big hunk o' iron my way there, if ya don't mind too terribly much." He reaches quite slowly into his jacket, retrieving the cigarettes, and taps one out to offer to Velvet. "Call it a peace offering, like the injuns do." He smirks a bit at that, blowing smoke from his half finished, badly bent cigarette out the corner of his mouth to one side. Doesn't seem too phased by the gun pointed his way.

Velvet, the human redhead, smiles and says, "I don't see how I can argue with free." She turns to look at the rest of you.

Crowe seems to be just chilling out in the background. Only now is it really make apparent at all that he exists. Damn this guy is good at sticking to the shadows. He clears his throat and steps forward, making a semi-bow towards Velvet, "I'm interested." What a straight-forward way to put it.

Jinx has been in the backgorund quiet so far, she grunts softly, then says, "I'm game. Stopping some loonies to break a gang border shouldn't be that hard play…"

"I'm still not clear /who/ we're expected ta see out there tonight, any tips in that direction ma'am?" Dean asks, giving an apologetic nod to the dwarven tough chica with the scattergun.

Velvet turns thusly to Jinx, the last member. She also shows forwards a projection-map of the chokepoint area between Shenandoah and Mission Hills. "We got word something was going down, and we got a couple people 'out sick'. What it is, we don't know, or we'd have handled it already. That's why we're hiring you."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The map indicates that the section is cluttered with buildings in various states of disrepair in that area, and that long-range sniper-fire will be difficult if not impossible. You may consider this a good or bad thing."

So, now that everyone has agreed, Velvet says, "Are you ready to go?"

Jinx shrugs, "Been there, done that… 's long as ya guys keep ya eyes out, I'm gonna play the moving shield. If things get into /real/ drek, we get some … healing support from you. Other than that I am good with the scheme.

"Out sick, huh." Dean quips, "Well, don't like that much, but let's get this show on the road, iffin you can fill us in on these special passwords on the way."

Crowe glances at Jinx and Dean before nodding once, "And, as an addendum to that. I'm not interested in being paid. In return, I would like to seat some negotiations on equipment after the job," his expression fades a bit to show he's serious, "If you wouldn't mind obliging me."

Velvet says to Crowe, "We'll see what we can do, but don't expect anything absurd. This isn't a deltagrade operation." And with that, she fills you in on the password system. Basically, different people have different passwords and passwords degrade over time. There's a pocsec application for it if you have a bad memory, as well as a headware app. Or you can memorize it.

Jinx nods, to Velvet, "I'm ready. Got Betty and Rose with me…", she says patting her backpack and then takes the pocksec app. Memorizing tons of silly passkey's is not her thing.

So you travel into gangland territory. Velvet and the dwarf (whose name is not given) appear to be making bribes for passage as they go, keeping their weapons in safe directions. Velvet will return Dean's wink with a coquettish smile. And soon enough you are set up at the chokepoint. It has barricades made of rusted-out half-destroyed bullet-pocked cars for the taking of cover. The 'choke point' is about twenty feet across - you could drive a truck through it and maybe people will. Some nervous-looking women in the same colors wielding assault rifles are only too happy to cede the point to you. The 'huckleberries' that were mentioned are kids, ages 7-12, most but not all female, watching from various windows along the route, or courtyards, or playing in the street. Junior gang members.

Crowe looks to the others in the group, "I'm a razor assassin. For this run I'll be your respective pawn. What is the plan?"

Jinx grunts as she sees the place. "Sucks…this is not a chokepoint at all… Not one worth the name at least…", she grumbles looking around to see if there is a car left in an state that it's wheels would still work, or at least something to roll it on.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Intelligence for "Looking for a rollable barrier":
1 3 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Strength for "Moving the barricades to 2 meters wide":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 14

Velvet gives you a look, like, we hired shadowrunners, we gave them time to fetch their shit, they said, "We're good," and now they're asking for grenades? She pats herself down. "I don't have any on hand." The brunette dwarf who looks quite insulted will sail two basic offensive grenades to Crowe, pins not pulled.
At Jinx, Velvet and the dwarf are duly impressed - apparently they use forklifts to move the barricades.

Crowe catches the grenades and sends them both a knowing glare, like 'You'll see why I said I have everything.' He moves over to Dean and says something in a low tone.

Jinx rolls her eyes at Crowes question. She readies the barricades then takes out her shotgun and puts on her helmet. She simply places herself at the entrance left, then says, "I'll watch here, you guys make sure I get help when things get ugly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Tactics BG (SAS): "To see where to put tripwires and grenades"
1 2 2 5 5 7 11

Dean watches the exchange out of the corner of his eye, glancing at Jinx's grunts, but his attention is on lines of fire, places he can duck for cover. He'd like a spot where he can see the action from a story or two up, with another window he could attach his climb kit to in case he needs to jump out in a direction away from any flying bullets. "I'm workin on it, omae." He says in a low voice to Crowe's question.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Yea verily, Dean has a window sniper position, a zipline escape down to an alleyway, and a tripwire on that alleyway to mildly harass people running down after you."

Crowe pulls out some fishing line and begins tying it to the ring of the grenade. He also fiddles with the grenade a little bit while waiting.

Even as the 'runners are discussing where to put the grenades, a pudgy, forty-ish looking man in a duster jacket clutched tightly closed comes up towards you. "Uh.. Raspberry five?" he says.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence for "to see if he can remember the passcode without looking at the pocsec":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 13

Jinx turns to the guy, then check her pocksec to see if it's valid.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Raspberry 5 is a current password of a john coming to the bunraku parlor."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Let him through, give him a check for weapons or gang colours under the coat if you like, Jinx."

Dean sets up his alley trap, amplified hearing picking up the approaching man. He then gets into his second story position, staying behind cover and taking full advantage of his night camo and sensory mods.

Jinx grins as she receives those words. She starts to pat the guy over, even more as the pocksec confirms that. Letting him maybe sweat a bit as she makes a thorough search.

The second trap Dean sets up, is for the groundfloor entrance to his hideout.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Demolitions + 1:
1 3 3 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Demolitions + 1:
2 5 5 10

It rapidly becomes apparent to Jinx that the man isn't wearing much under that duster jacket. Maybe not quite a flasher, but at the thoroughness of the search he hops up on his toes and looks grumpy. Must not be into trolls. "Are you done?" he asks with the petulancy of the traditional john who expects to pay for a service.

Crowe goes to the alleyway to set up the trap, indeed. He takes one grenade and uses some super sticky black tape to secure it after running the line to the other side and securing that too. He does the same thing with the second grenade at the entrance to the sniper's building. Very hodgepodge traps with the fishing line about 3-5 inches off the ground.

Jinx chuckles, amusedly. "Yep, sir. You can pass…", she says with a grin.

Commlink-Jinx> Jinx says, "Nice job this. If all of this is as amusing, I'll have a great time."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Heh, just be ready to take cover if need be."

He skitters off. For the next half an hour, there are a number of similar johns, 97 male and 2 female and 1 other. Some people are just passing through and have an entirely different password that indicates they are up on their protection payments to the gang. Then comes a guy in a do-rag with a Secure Jacket, with his palms facing forwards, with induction pads in the palms of both hands, and a speed-draw rig with two Ruger Thunderbolts on each thigh Han Solo style. No gang colors. "He-yo, just passin' through," he says as he approaches.

Crowe moves into position somewhere else, probably another building. Where he strips down to armor and sits completely invisible. Go ruthenium.
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Stealth (Sneaking) for "Baseline Stealth + 6 Ruthenium":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5

Watching Crowe's work, after the man volunteered while Dean was going about setting tripwires, he leaves him to it. Searching around the rubble, he looks for any bottles, lightbulbs, or broken glass, spreading any he finds over the approaches to his position inside the window.

Jinx has out her little SPAS and pointing it the guys way, asks with a non-nonsense voice, "Hey, Han-Solo, there's some formalities 'ere…'n if ya dun wanna feel betty I'd say ya gimme da password. Quick…"

Dean sights the man, hidden above the scene. Breathing steady, waiting for the chips to fall.

Do-rag boy keeps his hands in plain sight, a little wider than they were. "Oh, hey, I usually walk through here just fine. What's with the whole password thing? Me and Angel, we got a thing."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "'angel' is not any password."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "You guys know the gangs some, anybody know an 'angel'?"

Jinx shrugs, "I dunno no Angels in the 'Rens… 'n if ya think that exempts ya from basic procedures, then fuck off.", Gun aimed at the guy.

"Oh, hey, of y'gonna be all strict an' shit…" He backs off, still facing you, for a good number of paces, and then ducks around a corner. Advanced hearing can detect him caling his chickie-baby on his pocsec-phone. About fifteen minutes later, after several more people have passed by, including one very businesslike-looking japanese with a briefcase who provides the up-to-date password 'Cholo 7' in a hilarious accent; Do-Rag boy returns. This time he says, "Frankie says, chill out," which means he's a personal friend of a gang member. That password is just a daily password, and it's right.

Jinx shrugs, "Coulda given me that earlier. I'm paid fer no shit 'n ya kin be sure there'll be no shit going on.", she then grunts towards the guy waving him through with Betty.

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Crowe, you think you oughtta shadow him for a block? Your call, omae."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "As needed."

From there, things are normal for the next few hours. D-rag boy gives no problems, and appears to be going to a personal assignation with 'Angel', a gamg member. Crowe returns after they start making out in the rusted-out hulk of a car.

The sun is just starting to set when a group of obvious gangers approaches - all female. One troll, one ork, one dwarf, one elf, one human. They are flanked by a blond-haired male human in armored clothing with a heavy pistol. All the women are dressed in fabulous furs that wind about their bodies. Bare flesh locations are often marked with paste-on sequins.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Intelligence for "Not that good with scooping out things.":
1 5 10 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Intelligence + 2 (Cybertechnology) for "Rolling":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 3 3 5 5 8
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Both Jinx and Crowe can tell that the blond man's head motions are gyroscopically stabilized. Add that to his slightly overlarge eyes, and it becomse obvious - he's a cameraman. He is using an Opticam to film the approach of the five fabulous ladies unto your very blockade stop."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Spotter warning."

Commlink-Jinx> Jinx grunts, then calls over radio. "Take that guy out. Nonlethal if possible. I dun wanna get hassle with the press if this is a crazy media gig. But I dun want him recording this shit either."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "That wasn't in our mission statement."

Jinx then turns over to the approaching 'ladies'. "Password!", she then calls out, gun in the ready and ready to go to action.

They approach to within about thirty feet. The dwarf vogues; her hands broad, and posing, and obvious in her motions. She reaches behind her back, and pulls out… what looks like a yoga mat, rolled up. She tosses it on the ground, unrolling it, as you speak. It folds out more than it should - it's high-tech. It makes a clean, level, padded surface about 15 foot by 15 foot over the gritty, grungy pavement.

Jinx grumbles, watching that scene. She is hiding half behind that gate car as that mat comes out. Shit like this makes her obviously nervous.

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "What the frag is this?!? Crowe, Jinx and I have eyes on, you wanna do your thing and make sure this isn't some crazy-ass distraction?"

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "This is unacceptable."

The elf says, "Oh, we aren't going through. We're calling. You. Out!" And that's is the cue for the music to begin - the elf has one of those simsense body rigs that acts as her own amplification. The thrum of a heavy beat starts playing, and yes, they all start dancing in unison. And that blond guy has backed off, so he can get both Jinx and the five dancers all together.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Fire a warning shot."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "For the Opticam guy to spot the ruthenium stealther.":
1 1 1 1 4 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 11 for "For the dancers to spot the ruthenium guy.":
3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«No one sees Crowe.»

Commlink-Jinx> Jinx says, "Damn me if I know… I'll keep my eyes around. 'n you keep an eye out for other shit."

Jinx stays in her cover. "Bah! I'm no dancer. The only dance I do will be with Rosey and if I take her out it's a daeadly dance.", she grunts, ignoring the dancer and having a look aroudn now.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "I'm going to take out the Spotter."

«Plot» Crowe is moving in.

Dean scopes the perimeter, trying to spot anyone else around. He'll overlay thermo on the low light, zooming in and out as needed. What kind of freakshow is this?

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "What spotter?"

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Frag, mate. The opticam chummer."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Okay, don't waste him if you can help it, they're not actually trying to cross our line."

One of the dancers, the human, steps forwards onto the mat. She puts on a serious acrobatics display, building quite artistically with the music. Then she backs off the mat. It is a clear invitation for Jinx, or anyone else representing the Sinners, to step onto the mat and dance back.

«Plot» "Your perception skills detect no other tricks. There is the opticam fellow who is filming the scene. There are the five dancers. The five dancers may have small concealed weapons becuse this is the Warrens."

«Plot» Crowe says, "Mr.T, I'd like to knock the opticam fellow down using Ninjitsu - Sweep maneuver."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Camera guy reaction check":
2 2 4 5 5 5 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "Zip zop zoopity bop.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 11 Successes

Jinx frowns and now places herself in the middle of the way left. She is now blocking it entirely, hoping she didn't allow anyone to pass her by by now. She is still scanning the street watchfully. Not aware of anything but the dancers, she ignores those, thinking as she heard before that this is a distraction, thinking it most likely.

Waiting impatiently, trying to figure out what the angle is, Dean keeps it sharp and pointy. Is this some kind of breakdance challenge? Are these fraggers for real? Another gang?

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Ninjitsu + Combat Pool: 6 for "Sweep! Fall, you bastard.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5
«Plot» Crowe says, "TN is 3, I have reach with my legs."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Oh ho ho. 8 successes."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Karate stance, no combat pool.":
1 1 2 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Karate stance, no combat pool. KP1":
1 2 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Karate stance, no combat pool. KP3":
1 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So, to avoid being swept to the prone position, the opticam fellow needs to make a Body check 11 due to Crowe's str of 5 plus special leg bonus of +2."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 11 for "Opticam Body":
1 2 3 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 11 for "Opticam strength KP 4":
1 10 10 10 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 2 for "Staging down 2D":
1 2 3 11 16 = 4 Successes

The reaping sweep from invisibility sails his feet out from under him. But his head is gyroscopically stabilized. Man, does that cortortion look uncomfortable. He ends up on his hands and knees, three meters away, head still looking towards the dancers and Jinx.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And he has taken a medium wound."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 31.
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Jinx (#8407) rolls Initiative with a result of 4.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+6 Opticam":
1 1
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+5 Dancers":
2 13

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "New round, all pools refresh, 31 Dean."
«Plot» Dean says, "Well, it doesn't look like anybody's attacking us or crossing the barrier, so I'm just going to wait and see."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Crowe, 17"
«Plot» Crowe says, "Thinking."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Are you delaying?"
«Plot» Crowe says, "Yeah. I'll wait."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dancers at 13"
Outrage! Reacting to a dance challenge with violence! We, in the Velvet Runway, will SAVAGE your reputation! And your bodies!

The elf takes out a Flashpak and triggers it at you all. You'll be taking +4 tn, +2 if you have flarecomp, because they are 30 foot back. The troll goes to grab Crowe, whose location she knows, by where her Opticam fellow was. She will be using the 'subdual' rules in order to get a grab on him and secure his location. (She'll also try to break his stealth to do better than that).

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The troll has TN 4, -1 for reach is 3, +8 for blind attack is TN 11. She is facing away from the flashpack and has flare-comp. Crowe, do you have flarecomp? No, so TN 4, -1 reach is 3, +4 is 7."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 12 vs TN 13 for "Aikido 6 + 6 combat pool, tn 13, needs 1 success over Crowe's to get initial grab.":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 8 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 12 vs TN 13 for "Aikido 6 + 6 combat pool, tn 13, needs 1 success over Crowe's to get initial grab. KP1":
1 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 12 vs TN 13 for "Aikido 6 + 6 combat pool, tn 13, needs 1 success over Crowe's to get initial grab. KP3":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 12 vs TN 13 for "Aikido 6 + 6 combat pool, tn 11, needs 1 success over Crowe's to get initial grab. KP6":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 9 = 0 Successes

«Plot» The 'runners decide if they want to visit retaliation on the dancers.

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Back off, see what they do. They didn't do anything much, and it's either that or waste 'em all."

«Plot» Crowe says, "Running."
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '6 (8)'.
«Plot» Crowe says, "I get * 4 movement"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "8x4=32, you have 2 actions this round, so you are now 16 meters away from where you were. Going back over the barricade to your side, or elsewhere?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Stealth (Sneaking) for "Stay hidden. +2 Total":
2 3 4 5 8 8 10 11

«Plot» Jinx is just on her post. If anyone approaches her, she will fight back. But without password no one will get through without hurting her. Unless he climbs, but that's what her team mates are for.

As a simple action, the dwarf draws her heavy pistol. (Where was she hiding that?) As her next simple, the dwarf picks up the yoga mat, which self-folds and rolls up. The human and the ork both draw Neuro-stun grenades. In terms of movement, they all back off a few paces, squalling expletives and cursing your mothers for so degrading the dance-off.

«Plot» Opticam guy goes before Jinx. He gets up and rubs his neck and backs off."

«Plot» Jinx says, " Jinx is the door. She stays and tries to hit whoever hits her."

They successfully back off, and you successfully prevent their entrance.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Sorry about that, guys."
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Didn't want to risk any bullshit."

Dean sits up top, barking in a whisper into the commlink, keeping a bead on the strange little posse below. What just happened he wonders. Who on Ghu's green earth comes and does a 'dance challenge' in the midst of the Warrens' turf wars?! Should have just wasted them on principle, idiot tax. Dancing in a place like this.
Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Whatever man, don't know quite what to make of that."

Several more hours go by. Night has fallen. Those without vision mods and IR will be taking appropriate penalties. The night is cloudy and there isn't much light.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 for "Huckleberries":
3 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Intelligence for "-2 Low light":
2 2 3 4 7 9 14

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence for "LL, IR, FC, Amp, etc.":
1 4 4 4 5 5 10 15

So, there's this japanese guy coming down the middle of the street. He looks crazy. He has on a suit, and a duster jacket over it, as far as you can tell. He is coming in on Jinx.

"What's da password, pinkskin?" Jinx grates, shotgun toted firmly in one meaty hand. She looks over his shoulder, like there's plenty more interesting than him coming up the street. "Well?"

The japanese man says, "My sister.. her name is Tsuki. She's in there. They took her. You have to let me through!"

"Who took yo sister? You know dat no one come t'rough dis place. Ev'rybody knows dat. You should go anodder way little man. Dis not da place to be. Can't let nobody in, dems da breaks chummer." Jinx says, perhaps feeling sympathy, but she's got a job to do and fragged if she's gonna let anybody through.

He continues - whether or not he's heard Jinx is hard to say, but he's fillibustering. "They're chipping her right now.. my friend saw her in the buraku parlor! We have to stop them! I have to stop them? Don't you understand?" His eyes are tearing up while his voice and breathing doesn't change in that japanese way.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 13 for "To spot the predator stealth unit.":
1 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Stealth for "+4 night camo, possibly +2-4 for cover.":
1 3 3 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 11 for "Spot the sniper.":
1 1 3 5 = 0 Successes

"Dat's a hard story. Ju un'erstan' what happens to me, I letchoo t'rough? Worse dan dat ju said. You go round, find anodder way, or you come back at sunup. Den, I maybe takes ju der myself. Now, no password, no pass." Jinx speaks in a hard, unshrinking voice. "Ju know dey do dat to me too, I letchoo pass."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Dean, take a shot if he starts moving."

"I have to go now! She won't be my sister tomorrow!" says the Japanese man.

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Stop him for a sec. Somebody."

At this point the man whips out a Ares Viper Slivergun, and points it at Jinx. "Let me through!" The barrel is slipping around crazily about as much as one might expect.

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 34.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1 for "+3 Japanese man.":
15
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Well, righteousness is clearly on his side, although that die can't be more than 6."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dean."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "His reaction to see if he can retaliate":
1 2 9 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Reaction:
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 13 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "Range (Mag3 10-2/20-2/50-2/100-2) Smartlink2 (-2), RF, (+2) called(SL2), TARGET- Japanese man's gun.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 9 9 15 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Metal gun resisting damage":
2 2 3 7 9 = 2 Successes

Dean eyeballs the jap. Got himself some nice duds for this part of town. Listening to the exchange between him and Jinx. She's a hardass, but she's got a point. What a drek story, wish I knew if it were true. Then, the man seems to give up, turning to walk away. Just like that? The man spins and whips out a gun, his movements like he's stuck in molasses to the jacked up gunfighter. There's a bloop! then a whipcrack sound as the little rocket launches, breaking the sound barrier just the far side of his sights. Targeting reticle swooshing across his vision to bob and hover along the path of the man's gun. Crack! and the pistol vanishes from the man's hand, probably smashed to smithereens.

He wails in despair as his weapon, his desperate hope, is spattered away. Obviously he looks to the sniper location, seeing very little (save perhaps the speaking and the calling and the motion.) His hand goes into his jacket again for his lastest hope - and he pulls out a chef's knife. (Actually, quite a fancy, nice 'Shun' hand-forged japanese chef's knife. Probably been in his family a long while.) And he runs at Jinx.

«Plot» "Except that a simple action to draw his kitchen knife means that he doesn't have a complex action to attack her in hand to hand this round, so right now he's just waggling it at her."

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat (Hand Blades) + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "B-b-b-b-bam! Str+3L Damage":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 8 8 10 14 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat (Hand Blades) + Combat Pool: 7 - 6 vs TN 4 for "B-b-b-b-bam! Str+3L Damage KP 1":
1 1 1 3 3 5 7 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 12 for "Edged weapons 3, no combat pool, tn 4 + invisibility 8=12":
1 3 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 12 for "Edged weapons 3, no combat pool, tn 4 + invisibility 8=12 kp1":
3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "Body against 7D":
1 1 2 3 = 0 Successes

The very moment that the man draws his knife, Crowe /darts/ out of his hiding. Without even a moment's hesitation, there's a flash of metal before he uppercuts right into the man's back. That's a brutal splatter of blood on the ground before the man drops.

The man is down, with blood beginning to pool in his mouth. HIs breathing is shallow and his fingertips are jerking in remnants of motion. The nice-looking chef's knife scatters a foot away from his hand.

"Fraggit!" Dean swears angrily, "cover my goddamn ass, I'm gonna try ta clean up yer mess." Glaring at the shadowy form of Crowe, or where he thinks the man is.

Some elements of blood are on that handblade, so the vague location of Crowe is known. The first thing to do is to get a trauma patch over the massive wound in the back, over the heart.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Sorry, Dean. He attacked us."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Trauma Patch stabilization - Dean jams one on as soon as possible.":
1 1 1 5 = 1 Success

"Gimme yer trauma patch, Crowe." Dean demands. After he's climbed down to the street. He shuffles his courier bag around, trying to get out his medkit to stop the bleeding.

Crowe says "I don't have a trauma patch, Dean."
Crowe attempts to shake the blood off his blade. Ech.

"Dangit! You owe me 500 bucks for a new one then." Dean retorts.

Crowe says "I don't owe you drek, man. I'm just doing my job, bring it up with Velvet."
Crowe retracts his blade and moves back to a different building. Somewhere close to hide.

Dean's hands are covered in blood. Not like it's the first time, but the situation brings back bad memories. There was a time his former employer, his former life, called on him to eliminate and entire tenement block of possible witnesses. Well he and his team. This smacks of the very dirt that caused him to leave the company. He talks into his headset, arranging DocWagon pickup while slapping a trauma patch on the man, and pressing large trauma pads over the wound. Frag, can't remember a damn thing from those stupid first aid videos.

The sirens come in several minutes, with bree-bree-bree of the DocWagon and the hardpoint-mounted heavy machineguns on the outside. Most gang types have decent relations with DocWagon, and no one likes messing with a rigger if they don't have to. The security armored goons will come out loaded for bear, but eventually end up putting the guy on a stabilization stretcher to make sure that he doesn't get his spinal cord cut; and getting him in the van. While that takes place, a guy with a ponytail comes up with a device that points to Dean.. to his wrist-mounted DocWagon caller. "Hey. Am I to understand that the injured party is not the contracting party?"

"That's right, I've got no idea if he's got a contract, but I'm a platinum customer. I'll swing his tab if he can't pay it, thanks for coming so fast. Guy was just bleeding out here, not a good place to be." Dean says, lame excuse for the situation, but he's somewhat distracted.

He holds out a PADD and a plastic stylus. "Sign here, and here. General charge is a thousand nuyen. We'll call you if we need you to authorize more." Assuming you sign, they will drive out in haste with their tragic, failed hero.

And the hours pass yet more.

Dean signs, not blinking at the forms, he did a lot of that drek, back in the day. He even remembers to sign his assumed name. "No problem, you guys stay safe now." As he watches the DocWagon take off. Fraggit, enough attention on us anyway, might as well have a smoke. He does so, just sitting on the wreckage of the barricade, staring into space.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10:
1 1 1 2 3 5 5 10 = 1 Success
You paged Dean with 'You feel a strange tingling up your spine, like someone walked over your grave like five times.'.

"Frag me! Did you feel that??! What the frag?!" Dean suddenly spazzes out, jumping up from his make-do bench, losing the cigarette in the process. "I think we got company." He says, recovering quickly and speaking into the mic. "I just got me a monster case o' the heebeejeebees, think there's a spirit or astral or fraggin ghost or somethin' walkin around." He tries to see everything at once, thinks better of it, and ducks for cover.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 12 vs TN 5 for "Mystery roll!":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 8 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Against 4m damage":
2 3 4 4 4 4 = 4 Successes
«Plot» "It is about 5 minutes later when the two of you can try to make a check to bust your enemy's Improved invisibility spell when he turns the corner 200 yards away. It is a base Intelligence check, and you need 3 sixes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 2 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6:
2 2 3 5 5 5 22 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Intelligence - 1 vs TN 6 for "KP 2":
1 4 4 5 7 23 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "Enemy stealth":
1 2 4 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Intelligence vs TN 9 for "I'm not going to make this, damnit…":
2 2 5 5 9 10 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Stealth for "+4 for night camo, maybe +2,4, or 8 depending on how much if any cover I have from LOS,":
1 3 3 4 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence vs TN 9:
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Crowe sees a fairly short human, at 200 yards, with a big Walking Tall oak stick over his shoulder, keeping to the shadows. Occasionally he swims before the eyes, making you blink.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Intelligence vs TN 11 for "hearing":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Magical guy coming up 200 yards, if he walks by, cover me."

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Stealth (Sneaking):
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 11
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "If I zone out or something, take the shot."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "I don't see a damn thing. I tell you as soon as I see more nuthin."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 9 for "Magical guy doesn't care about ruth and has already scouted Crowe's position astrally so his TN is -2.":
1 5 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Oh! There's more nothin, whatchoo talkin bout man?"
Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "I don't see a damn thing, if you've got him, take him out."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "I've lost sight of him."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 2 vs TN 7 for "Force 6 stunbolt on Jinx, +2 for sustaining a spell, +1 for background count, deadly stun.":
1 1 2 2 2 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 2 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Force 6 stunbolt on Jinx, +2 for sustaining a spell, +1 for background count, deadly stun. KP1":
2 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 2 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Force 6 stunbolt on Jinx, +2 for sustaining a spell, +1 for background count, deadly stun. KP3":
1 1 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 2 - 1 vs TN 7 for "Force 6 stunbolt on Jinx, +2 for sustaining a spell, +1 for background count, deadly stun. KP6":
1 1 1 1 2 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Jinx needs 2 successes at F6 to avoid collapse.":
3 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Jinx needs 2 successes at F6 to avoid collapse . KP1":
1 2 5 = 0 Successes
Right about when the man has advanced to within 150 yards, that's when Jinx says, "I don't see anything either," and falls unconscious.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 4 vs TN 2 for "Against 2D stun for the stunbolt":
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 10 = 8 Successes
«Plot» "Jinx has successfully worked the evil magician out of all his karma pool. You may thank her later as she sleeps so peacefully. The mage takes no stun drain."

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 22.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dean can't see him and doesn't know his location so can't take even blind fire. Crowe can see him."
«Plot» Crowe says, "Delay"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+5 mage init.":
2 10
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dean, 24"
Huh? (Type "help" for help.)

«Plot» Much delaying actions takes place as the mage, at 150 meters, takes his own sweet time.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Dean. Fire 150 meters up the road. Don't aim just fire. Near the center of the road."
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Next to that red car."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Screw that, he doesn't know where I am either, at that range, he'll be able to zap me and I can't touch him. You shoot the bastard."
Dean ducks down, eyes only peeking down the road.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "I don't have a gun, Dean."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Not my prob bob. I'm not making myself a target."

Yea verily, he moves in under stealth. Crowe is the only one watching him knowingly, while he watches Crowe's area and the sniper's nest, in return. It's obvious to Crowe that this mage knows where the sniper's nest is, though whether or not he can see a person there remains to be seen. At about seventy-five meters, he looks around for serious cover… finding a rusted out hulk of a car, he makes quite sure he can't be seen from the sniper position, and drops invisibility.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "He's dropping invis, I'm going to run. Dean, draw him into our traps."

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+5 mage init":
3 3
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dean, with no good target save for blind fire through the engine block of a car."
Dean goes down the stairs for a second, he's useless up there as anything but a target anyway. He disables the doorway tripwire, pocketing the grenade.

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Moving to target."
Crowe sprints off from his target and begins climbing the nearest building to approach the mage while not in LOS.

Dean runs up as soon as he's got the explosive, hearing that Crowe might have a shot.

From his well-concealed position, the evil wizard takes out a pair of high-quality optical binoculars. Looking through them with his astral eyes, he is spending this round spotting for targets.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "Spotting the sniper's nest and the location of the ruthie-stealther with the astrally invisible goat legs.":
2 4 4 4 5 5

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Dean again with no shot."
Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Crowe, either flush him out or tell me when to run out there if you need backup."

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
============================> Combat Jumping Roll <============================
Crowe (#11868) jumps with 5 dice with no TN modifier and 8 effective Quickness.
«Auto-Judge[]» Rolls: 1 2 3 10 17
------> Interpreted Results <-----—-
If this attempted jump is taken as a free action:
A 8 Meter Running Horizontal jump
A 6 Meter Standing Horizontal jump
A 3 Meter Vertical jump of any kind including reach
If this attempted jump is taken as all movement during a combat phase:
A 8 Meter Running Horizontal jump
A 8 Meter Standing Horizontal jump
A 3 Meter Vertical jump of any kind including reach


«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
«Plot» Crowe makes an impressive 8 meter jump.

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Stealth (Sneaking) for "+4 Partial Cover, +6 Ruth, -4 Running":
1 1 2 5 7 8 16 17
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "He's astrally perceiving and he ignores Ruth, but you are still wicked awesome."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Mage! Scanning with astral binoculars."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 17 for "Stay on target, stay on target":
1 4 5 5 10 29 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Since he has tagged onto Crowe's leg, he will sail a Serious Stunbolt into him."
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) has the Attribute Willpower with the value '4'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 9 for "TN 4, +4 for cover, +1 background count. I have taken no stun and I have dropped my Imp. Invisibility spell so I don't take those penalties.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 2 for "Taking 2s down":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 15 = 6 Successes

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Dean, stay there! This could be a distraction, guard the checkpoint!"

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "If you say so man, I'll sit tight."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+5 mage":
1 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 20.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Still waiting for that shot, omae. Give me a chance or get 'm."

Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "I'm catching up to him, it'd help if he wasn't shooting stunbolts at me."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 10 for "Range (Mag3 10-2/20-2/50-2/100-2) Smartlink2 (-2), RF, +8 blind fireTARGET- Mage. 12M damage.":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 4 4 5 9 14 15 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Looking to totally dodge with combat pool.":
2 3 3 3 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 2 for "Base damage 12m, engine block makes it 6, he has ballistic 7":
1 1 3 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Plot» "He takes light, from shrapnel blowing through the engine block."

«Plot» Crowe keeps running.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Mage. Again, serious stunbolt to Crowe."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 10 for "TN4, +4 partial cover, +1 background count, +1 light wound.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 3 vs TN 2 for "2s stun":
1 1 3 4 5 5 5 5 15 = 7 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "He takes no drain. Second pass, Dean."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 12 for "Range (Mag3 10-2/20-2/50-2/100-2) Smartlink2 (-2), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 11 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "combat pool dodge!":
1 1 4 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Crowe is running."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol vs TN 12 for "Range (Mag3 10-4/20-4/50-4/100-4), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol vs TN 12 for "Range (Mag3 10-4/20-4/50-4/100-4), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage.":
1 2 3 3 5 5 14 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 2 for "12m becomes 6m with 1 success, using last 2 combat pool plus body to roll against TN 2":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 7
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And that's 6 successes, no damage. End of round, exhausted pool. All pools refresh."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+5 mage":
2 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Initiative with a result of 27.
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 12 for "Range (Mag3 10-4/20-4/50-4/100-4), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 7 10 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 12 for "Range (Mag3 10-4/20-4/50-4/100-4), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage. kp:1":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dean (#9998) rolls Gyrojet Pistol vs TN 13 for "Range (Mag3 10-4/20-4/50-4/100-4), RF, +8 blind fire. TARGET- Mage. 12M damage +1 recoil":
1 1 2 3 3 3 10 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Crowe."
«Plot» Crowe says, "Going to jump off the building. Literally. And try to land on the mage, foot first."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I will be using Aikido, and Close Combat to negate reach. Death from above!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Ninjitsu + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "Hiya! +2 Power Kick Attack, +1 Power falling, Str+3L Retractable Claws. (Str+6L) 11L Base":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Crowe (#11868) rolls Ninjitsu + Combat Pool: 6 - 6 vs TN 4 for "Hiya! +2 Power Kick Attack, +1 Power falling, Str+3L Retractable Claws. (Str+6L) 11L Base KP 3/3":
1 4 5 5 7 10 = 5 Successes
«Plot» Crowe says, "Stand at 11."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 + 6 vs TN 5 for "Aikido6, CP 6, light wound":
2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 9 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I see 7 successes, so 10L, 6 successes stages it to 10d against impact."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 6 for "Impact 4, means 6d against body":
2 3 4 5 5 15 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Again, you may thank Jinx - he falls, he has no rerolls."

And from out of nowhere comes Crowe, leaping off of buildings and shit. As Dean successfully distracts the mage, Crowe comes down and lands RIGHT on the man's face. There's a sickening /crunch/ as his skull hits the pavement, but spared the details, Crowe searches the corpse and walks away from the disaster.
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Gross."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "You get him?"
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Yeah. Did I ever mention I hate mages?"

Dean never liked going up against mages. He just shoots blindly, rounds smacking into the overturned car Crowe tells him the guy's behind. He keeps to cover, no sense them both getting zapped. What a night. Favour, I'm an idiot.

«Plot» "Interestingly, the man is an oriental of some kind, and his Walking Tall oak stick goes sailing away. A search of his possessions indicates an intricate-looking necklace that looks quite special indeed. His body lies spilled there.. and Jinx lies spilled there as well. She might be in need of some attention.. no no, there, she's coming around."

Commlink-Dean> Dean says, "Who likes 'em? They're like anybody else, they point their magic atcha, it's like a gun. Nobody likes someone pointing a gun at them."

Crowe pockets the necklace and comes back to the barricade, trailing a little bit of blood.
Commlink-Crowe> Crowe says, "Hopefully our shift is almost up."

And with that, as Jinx rouses, will come the dawn. Velvet and another crew shows up to spit on the body. "Damn koreans. They've been after us for a while. Looks like our info was good."

"So remind me," Velvet says. "Who am I paying, and who is getting favors?"

Crowe is chilling out with Dean when Velvet comes back, he appears to be smoking one of Dean's cigs too, while talking to him about his pistol. "It shot through the car. There were holes on the other side. Nice shooting, still."
Though, he turns his attention to Velvet after she speaks and he replies, "Judging by the claw marks on his face, I'd say a giant bird took him out. We must have been really lucky." He takes a drag on the cig and offers a smug grin.
Crowe he also nods, "I'm the one looking for equipment."

Velvet is smiling, but she seems to be in more of an all-business mood. "Give me a list, and I'll see what I can do."

"You want a stimpatch, big chica?" Dean asks the groggy Jinx. "Oh, hey. We got a lady present, Crowe, clean yourself up man." He says jokingly to without bothering to look. Equal chance he's half invisible anyway. Dean goes through the ritual of tapping a smoke so it juts out of the crinkly paper pack. "Anybody else want one?"

"Listen buddy, I gotta talk to ya about that magicker's trinket there." Dean whispers hoarsely to Crowe.

Crowe nods towards Dean, whispering back, "I don't know shit about magic so I'll give it to you later." Then he nods again towards Velvet, "Looking for a Dikote blade for my arm. Nothing alpha fancy or drek, just a replacement. I also wouldn't mind having your number." He grins again and winks before adding on, "For business."

A group of four shotgun-toting women take over the barricades, and an assault riflewoman takes over Dean's ever so nicely appointed sniper's nest.

Dean gives the grenade back to the dwarf bodyguard, if she's around, to Velvet if not. "Take it easy, huh. I'll catch ya around."

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License