SIN Farmers made SINless
GM: Promise
Players: Promise, Danthrall.
Synopsis: The Johnson is in fact Jody, Promise's fixer making arangements on behalf of Lionheart, Promise's Decker friend. For the recover of 4 Credsticks, each of which is tied to a fake SIN that has matured to Rating 8. The family that has been using them has started a "life" getting "real" jobs and starting to make things work. They refuse to return the credsticks and Lionheart sends Promise out as an enforcer, due to the high value of this set he hires a shaman to round out the skillset and prevent damage to the credsticks.

Promise is ready to go in guns blazing, Danthrall has a better idea and pulls the job off with finesse. Promise learns that maybe shotguns aren't the answer to all of life's problems…but they sure answer the question more quickly.
Date: August 13th, 2069


The Serpents Feather

The Serpents Feather is a dimly lit restaurant bar & grill with an aztlan flare not in compare anywhere in the city. The entrance of the restaurant is a floating wooden platform surrounded by a rope handrail waist high. The entrance platform is positioned after the coat/weapons check and this is where the host stands waiting there to offer assistance to the customers in finding their way to their table.

For, you see… The waiters move around this large restaurant in long narrow wooden boats. The restaurant is a collection of islands encircled by short knee high electrical fences. Each island has a table on it and is seclude from the others for privacy.

The waters ripple with movement as exotic fish swim within the dark waters. Even the spiked back spine of a baby crockodile can be seen on the short boat rides to the tables from the entrance dock.

The restaurant is thick with jungle trees and small islands where snakes bathe under heat lamps. The lighting comes from orange lanterns hanging from electrical cords which hang from tree to tree, offering enough light to cast a mood of dark errie calm, but not enough to let you see your food with much clarity when the waiter rows to your island with your order.

At the far end of the swamp/restaurant is a long island where a bamboo made bar rests for those just looking for a swill to wet their whistle or to catch up on rumors in the Aztlan sector.

Danthrall has arrived.

Slightly over two meters tall, this human looks to have been built on a larger than normal frame. He has raven hair, cut short on the sides that gradually thickens up towards the top, though not so much that it could drape over his lightly-tanned face. His eyes appear grey from a distance, but when looking closer they are seen to be grey only around the pupil, and shade out to a greener color throughout the rest of the iris. Hooked onto his right ear is a small, earpiece headset for his phone.

Broad Shouldered, he wears a long coat that might have once been called black, but has since faded to a dark gray. It drapes almost to his ankles, beneath it is a dark green outfit with a diagonal stripe, black, running from his right shoulder down and across to his left hip. The coat's sleeves hang to the man's wrists, with wide, relaxed hands hanging from them. From his neck is a silver chain, double-looped through a ring that sits at the top of his breastbone.

Held up by what looks more like a silver chain than a belt are a pair of black fatigue-style pants, shirt tucked into it, and rather baggy. The pants legs themselves tuck into a pair of heavy-looking boots, strapped on with a assortment of buckles. The boots look as though they have a lot of miles on them, and whenever the man moves around, there is a dull thumping sound made from the boot's thick soles.

The Voice (a mysterious fixer) contacts Danthrall in the usual manner, no visual and little information conveyed. Seems there's work to be done, the Johnson is holding the meet at the Serpents Feather in the AZT section of the city. Ask for the little island, the table will be held for you. The Voice indicates that the Johnson checks out, and the job seems legit, but that's all the info he gives.

Sitting at the table on the small island before you arrive are a lanky looking troll that looks around constantly, staring at the other patrons, and a too slick for his skin human. The troll wears a blue business suit looks like the Actioneer line, the human is wearing something from the Aramante line along with a set of shades that probably cost more than the suit.

Danthrall sighs as he disconnects the call and moves around his appartment, gathering the few things he'll need for the meet. He takes care to conceal his machine pistol particularly well, and grabs a few feathered bracelets before heading out to the meeting. After walking a good deal of the way along the safer routes, and taking a cab through the more rough and tumble areas, he enters the Feather a few minutes before the set time. "Hoi, chummer," he hails the main server, hopping his Amerind Features help him pass for a local, "Got word of biz. Know where I might find the little island?"

The server assists Danthrall into the tiny boats and rows him out to the small island. The two figures are already seated and look as though they have been there for some time based on the food that is on the table, several orders of appetizers and a few drinks are already empty platters. The server clears the empty plates and cups while at the island, and inquires after what Danthrall would like, after taking his order he rows away.

Promise looks over the newly arrived human, staring a bit overlong at his features as if committing everything to memory.

The human stands as Danthrall arrives, gesturing for him to take a seat. The human nods, "Mr. Stone, I presume?"

The man who just arrived says to the server "Just synthahol, if you have it, or the lightest drink you've got elsewise." He nods to the Johnson, both in greeting and in answer to his question, before sitting himself down at the table.

The human smiles, "Excelent." He says, his hand falling to a small box sitting on the table, a slight crackle of static and a slight hum indicate that he's activated some privacy measures. "My name as you may have gathered is Mr. Johnson, my associate is known as Promise." He spends a moment confirming your identity from some information he has on file from The Voice. "Now then…I have some work that needs doing. Four credsticks that need recovery from a group of squatters that have been using them. My associate Promise has offered to handle this for me, but I would like to involve someone who might be able to handle this matter more delicately. I have the location of the squatters, and times when they are likely to be together. Does this sound like a matter that you could resolve?"

Danthrall listens to the general information in silence. At the end, he leans forward with a nod. "It would really depend on what you mean by delicately, but I believe that I'd be up for the task."

Mr. Johnson smiles, "I mean that it would probably be best if the initial communications were not made via shotgun, there is a chance that a significant show of force could resolve this matter without the application of force. Of course if you have other methods you'd prefer to use I leave that to your discretion."

Promise looks a the Johnson for a moment, but remains silent.

Danthrall lets out a quick breath that could be taken as the start of a chuckle, but dosen't continue on with the thought. "Yes, well, I believe that my talents will be of help with a show of force."

Mr. Johnson nods, "The persona who referred you to me felt you might be a good fit, however you will also be responsible for communicating how the application of the force might be allieviated by returning the credsticks. Promise has indicated that to be an issue for him."

Promise nods slowly.

Danthrall shrugs. "I'm fairly sure I can convey the message to them."

Mr. Johnson smiles, "Excelent, now as to your fee. I am able to offer you 20,000 in Nuyen for the recovery of all four credsticks, your pay will be reduced by half if any of them are destroyed, they are useless if any remain in the field at the end of this mission so no pay will be awarded. If you prefer payment in a non-monetary form I can see if there is any equipment you need that I can provide."

"Perhaps it would behoove us to discuss the finer points of payment upon completion of the task at hand?" the runner asks. "Afterall, there's no point in asking for something and then not have the cred to buy it do to… unforseen complications."

The Johnson smiles, "It is a business practice of mine never to go into debt, and never to leave a contract unspecified. If you are unsure of what you want, or that you will be able to complete the mission successfully I would prefer simply to pay you the Nuyen."

"Well, in that case…" the man says, rubbing his chin in thought. "You wouldn't be able to get a Personal Taccom, would you?"

The Johnson blinks, "I believe that could be arranged, how much would you like to invest into it?"

"A fair bit. Twelve-thousand of the twenty, at the most, I should say."

The Johnson nods, "That would put you at about a rating 6 piece of equipment. I believe I can provide one of those." He looks to Promise for a moment, then back to you, "Do you have communications equipment now, or do you need this before the recovery?"

Danthrall says "I have a micro-tranciever, but it's so behind the curve that it might as well be unencrypted. Provided they're not matrix savy, I've also got my earpiece."

The Johnson nods, "I don't believe you'll need to worry about them detecting your radio, I wouldn't expect you'll need them much at all, but I'll not send a man in deaf and mute. The squatters are currently living in the Warrens, there are 8 people 6 adults, two children. I would not expect them to be more than lightly armed. 4 of the adults have jobs, Tomorrow night there will be a two hour window when all of the squatters are expected to be home and asleep, I recommend using that time for the raid."

Promise nods, speaking for the first time slowly, his words rising and falling in the wrong cadence as though picking them from other sentences, "I will need transportation."

Danthrall nods, pulling out a small computer and taking a few notes here and there throughout.

The Johnson looks between Danthrall and Promise, "If there's nothing else gentlemen, I'll leave you to it." The Johnson provides you with a datachip with the pertinent information, including the credstick id numbers, the building layout and location and images of the 8 squatters.

"You and me both," the shaman mutters to the troll.

The Johnson nods once more, "Transportation will be provided then."

«Plot» Promise says, "You have about a day to prepare and get your gear to the pick-up location. Is there any prep you'd like to do before moving forward to the action scene?"
«OOC» Danthrall would like to go do some astral recon, firstly, and then before the actual run, there will be some spirit things.

"Well, I suppose that's that. Unless there's anything else, there's some surveilance I'd like to do… make sure there aren't any surprises waiting at their squat."

The Johnson nods, "Of course, I'll leave you to it then."

Promise looks at you carefully, his words sounding out of place as he speaks, "i Will stick with, you. For now?"

"'Less you got some other sort of job to do, I guess so. So, first up, let's go take a look at their place," the shaman offers.

Promise nods, "Alright."

The Johnson leaves after paying for the meal and drinks, he takes his gear with him.

Danthrall slots the datachip into his wrist-computer, glancing the information over. "Lets see where you are…"

The building shown is near the northeastern corner of the Warrens, still a slum but a more organized portion of the slum, within cautious walking distances of the marginally safer shopping areas. The building itself is mostly intact, with indications that it has power, water, and matrix access. It is a steel and concrete building, 10 floors, with the lower 8 being habitable. Your target is on the fourth floor, appartment 4-C.

Promise looks around slowly staring for a minute at each of the new people that have arrived in the restaurant, "We should move to a quiet place."

Danthrall calls for a cab to meet the two outside, making sure that it is one of the companies who dosen't mind heading into the outskirts of the warrens. "Think their local stuffer shack will be close enough to keep me sane finding the place?" he asks the troll as the cab pulls up. He enters the cab, giving the driver the building's address.

Promise shrugs, "It's stuffer shack, if you don't see one on the three corners in front of you, then it's behind you on the fourth." The line rattles off, time and tuned perfectly to match one of stuffer shacks commercials that ran last year.

Danthrall nods, knowing. "Just need to hole up in the bathroom while I go check the apartment out, is all."

Promise nods, "I'll watch the door for you…"

Since children may someday read this log, we will not describe the horrors of a Warrens Stuffer Shack Bathroom, we will simply make Danthrall aware, that after this day, he will be buying new shoes.

Danthrall has the cab drive past the apartment to the stuffer shack down the street. He walks in, goes to the automotive aisle, and picks up a sizable car's floormat… one he can sit crosslegged on and not have any parts touch the floor around him. He then proceeds to buy it, and walk into the bathroom.

Promise browses the aisles of the Stuffer Shack, walking up to purchase some snacks then returning to browsing while munching on them. He looks at ever item carefully, staring intently at it from ever angle as if committing it to memory. This earns him a few looks, but nothing that being a troll, even a small troll, doesn't handle.

«OOC» Promise says, "Astral is a bit messey in the warrens, and a bathroom isn't exactly feng shui central, let's go with a BG count of 2, give me your astral rolls and tell me what you're up to."

Finding the largest stall, the shaman unrolls the floormat and sits down on it, making sure he is balanced comfortably with his legs crossed before closing his eyes and going on his spirit walk. First, he passes through the stuffer shack, making note of the Troll's location, before leaving the building and casting his spirit down the street, towards the targetted apartment. He glides on up to the correct floor, and decided to check all of the rooms on the floor, not knowing which apartment is which.

Several of the rooms have people sleeping in them, from the layout given you are fairly certain which room would be the target. There are 4 people present, it looks to be 2 adults and the 2 children. The children appear fuzzy and you surmise they may be surfing the trix, the adults are working around on the appartment, construction of some sort you suspect. You do not sense anything astrally active on this floor, though other floors of the building show signs of magic use.

«OOC» Danthrall says, "Ok, assening them all, to be on the safe side."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assense Adult 1, default 4, +2 BG count":
1 3 3 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 6 for "Adult 1, complementary":
1 5 5 14 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assense Adult 2, default 4, +2 BG count":
2 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assense Adult 2, default 4, +2 BG count, KP 1/7":
1 2 4 5 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 6 for "Adult 2, complementary":
2 4 8 8 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assense Child 1, default 4, +2 BG count":
1 1 4 5 5 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 6 for "Child 1, complementary":
1 2 9 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assense Child 2, default 4, +2 BG count":
2 3 3 4 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 6 for "Child 2, complementary":
2 2 4 13 = 1 Success
«OOC» Danthrall says, "1 success for adule 1 and child 2, 2 successes for adult 2 and child 1"

The children are healthy, more so than you might expect for Warrens rats, they are distracted and focusing on the video game. The adults are also healthy, but they are nervous, almost fearful. There is an obvious bond between them. You suspect the adults might be older brothers, uncles or cousins to the younger children. All four are male. No sign of magical ability is found, and no cyberware is detected.

Danthrall takes a deeper look at the aura's of those in the room, learning what there can be learned with the time he has. He makes note of if there is a window looking into the room before darting back down the street and into his own body. He stands, leaving the mat on the bathroom floor as he exits the bathroom.

Promise looks through the personal defense section of the store, marveling at the many colors of clip on mace spraying earings.

«OOC» Danthrall says, "So… window that looks into the building?"
«OOC» Promise says, "None that aren't covered."
«OOC» Promise says, "Even those that aren't covered on other floors have privacy tinting (cheap and essential in the awakened world.)"

Promise moves towards Danthrall, "You finished. Should eat more fiber?"

Danthrall raises an eyebrow, but leaves the comment alone. "The 4 there now aren't awakened… can't be sure about the other 4, though. There's just the one other thing I'd like to check into, and we can be off to do whatever you'd like to prep for."

Promise shakes his head slowly, "Just need, to, change clothes."

Danthrall says "Ok. Lets go see if we can get inside the building normally…""

Promise nods, "Okay." He moves to the counter to purchase several odd bits including a troll sized pez dispenser that spits out bricks of sugar as big as deck of playing cards. "Let's go." He moves out into the street, walking towards the building slowly, his attention mostly focused on loading the pez.

Danthrall steps on up to the building and tries to enter, testing the door to see if it's secure.

The door opens easily, the lock having been reinstalled and uninstalled so many times that they gave up on that long ago and have a simple handle on a metal plate. The elevator doesn't look to be in order but the stairwell appears fairly well maintained.

«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Intelligence for "Spot, spot. spot the seucity cameras!":
1 3 3 4 4 4
«OOC» Promise says, "Either there aren't any, or you don't see them."

Promise simply walks along, looking around at everything in detail.

«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls Intelligence for "Just looking at things.":
4 4 5 5
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Ok…I'll center against drain… cause I know these rules. So, force 4 hearth spirit, Tn of 4 + 2 = 6 for the conjuring test. Then a centering test at 5, then a Cha test at 5. The centering test will act as a complementary test to the drain test, basically. Drain power is M. I think I covered everything."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "F4 hearth spirit, +2 BG count":
1 1 3 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Resist 5M Drain":
3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Charisma vs TN 5 for "Resist 5M Drain":
2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Feh… I take the drain. Plenty of time to heal it up between now and the actual run."

Promise is studying the cracks in the walls of the hallway.

Danthrall looks around, and says, "Well, this is as good a place as any…" He begins a slow, rhytmic chant while swaying back and forth and gesturing with his arms slightly. At the peak of this little ritual, the air feels charged, like durring a thunderstorm, or when you're all static'ed up and ready to touch a doorknob. The shaman speaks to noone visible, but something that he seems sure is there. "Go, my friend. See if what we seek is on the 4th floor"

«OOC» Danthrall says, "Using the search power for it to go look in the room in a non-manifested manner. It's a herth spirit, so it should understand what a credstick is."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 4 vs TN 4:
1 4 5 13 = 3 Successes

The spirit returns after a short time searching, "There is only one in that room." It whispers, it's voice the creak of old wood and the sound of cement crumbling.

Promise turns slowly, his eyes searching for the source of the whispered voice, when it is not apparent he looks around again, this time his eyes opened almost too far, as though by opening his eyes wider he could see better. He continues turning, his eyes searching every corner.

The pair of runners head out of the building, and go to gather their gear.

«OOC» Promise says, "Ready to move to the next scene?"
«OOC» Danthrall nods.

As promised a transport arrives at the designated area, a small VTOL drone. Promise is already inside, his business suit replaced by a full cammo covering. Two weapons are holstered at his sides, shotguns or rifles, two slits in the suit allow him to draw them from beneath the cammo, and the hilts of two bladed weapons can be seen beneath a flap on his back. The cammo is the the black and white stylized set currently favored by gangers. From a short distance he might just be a thug, but from up close it's obvious he's packing considerable firepower.

Promise looks a bit green, "It goes up, fast." he warns as he spots Danthrall.

Danthrall raises an eyebrow, but dosen't comment… again. He just gets in and begins to methodically check over his machine pistol. "So, how would you like to do this?" he asks.

Promise braces himself as the door closes, a moment later you know why. The drone rockets upward, straight up, maximum acceleration, then with a gutwrenching jerk it shifts it's vectored jets to horizontal then slams to full acceperation again. When it reaches speed a short while later Promise says, "You talk, I look scary, they give us credsticks. Do you have a better idea?"

Danthrall says "Not at the moment. I'd just like to be sure that all the goods are there."

The drone drops almost as quickly as it rose, breaking it's descent at the last possible instant and opening the hatch to let you exit. As Promise moves towards the exit his clothing shimmers, and the bulges at his sides become less apparent, the hilts on his back vanish, and the suit begins to look puffier, less like personal armor and more like a hoodie that a punk kid might ware, the pants show large cargo pockets with shiney buttons and a big zipper appears on the front of the outfit with an emblem dangling from it. When he hits the pavement he looks like a ganger doing well, rather than a runner. "Front door?" He asks.

Danthrall nods, but holds up a hand. "Just a second, first," he says, sitting down on a cleaner-looking spot on the street. He sends his spirit back into the building, to do one last glance around to make sure that everyone is in place.

«OOC» Promise says, "There are 8 people in the apartment, 6 adults, 2 children."
«OOC» Promise says, "None appear magically active."

Danthrall stands up quickly, once he is back, and walks to the front door. "Ready as ever," he says.

Promise starts walking as well, lengthening his stride to get ahead of Danthrall and opening the front door, his eyes wide as he scans the hallway, walking along it towards the stairwell.

Danthrall heads up the stairs, troll in tow, but stops at the 4th floor. "Now, if we're to do this right, we'll need the spirit's help." He begins a chant again.

«OOC» Danthrall says, "Force 3 this time, ought to be fine. Still BG of 2?"
«OOC» Promise says, "Yes, bg2"
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Conjuring vs TN 5 for "Force 3 Hearth spirit, BG 2":
1 4 5 11 11 14 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Resist 3M drain, comp.":
2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Charisma vs TN 4 for "Resist 3M drain":
4 5 5 11 = 4 Successes

Promise looks up and down the hall, he puts his hands inside the slits on his outfit for a moment, there's a muffled click-chunk sound then he withdraws his hands. He pulls the hood up on his head, then looks at Danthrall.

Danthrall plases an arm on the wall next to him, steadying himself after he finishes his chanting, but otherwise is fine. "Now, lets see about those credsticks," he says to the spirt.
«OOC» Promise says, "Force vs TN6"
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 3 vs TN 6:
1 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 3 vs TN 6 for "Kp 2/7":
3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 3 vs TN 6 for "Kp 4/7":
1 1 4 = 0 Successes

The spirit returns looking sorrowful, "I can't find them…there's too many things…"

Promise looks towards the door, "Can you? Open the door. Quietly?" He places his hands into the slits of his outfit again, this time settling them onto the grips of his weapons, a casual glance might see him with his hands in his pockets.

Danthrall nods. "Alright. Then when we enter, conceal our presence from them, and be ready to to muddy their minds if they show any sort of hostility towards us when we enter."

«OOC» Danthrall says, "What sort of lock they got?"
«OOC» Promise says, "Maglock, give me an electronics b/r to identify the grade."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Ok. Electronic. I don't suppose a lightning bolt to the keypad will open it?"
«OOC» Promise says, "By way of blowing the door in, yeah."

Danthrall glances in the direction the hearth spirit's in, to the mundane it looks like he's talking to empty air. "You wouldn't happen to be able to open the door, by chance?"

«OOC» Promise says, "Give me a force vs 12, if succeeds it opens."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 3 vs TN 12:
1 3 5 = 0 Successes

Promise gestures to the shut door, "I can bust it, but it will be noisy…"

Danthrall says "Happen to have a silencer?"

Promise smiles, an odd sight as his skin crinkles in all the wrong places. "No, it will be loud."
«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Brilliant idea?":
3 5 5 9 = 1 Success
Promise looks at the walls of the hallway, "I could go through a wall…" he offers.

Danthrall shakes his head. "Just… give me a moment. But shoot here," he says, pointing to right next to the maglock on the wall itself. He skims the astral to be sure no one is on the other side of the door first, and after being sure there isn't anyone, he begins another slow chant, this one different from before.

«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Sorcery - 1 vs TN 6 for "+1 Totem, -2 to help resist drain, F5 Silence Spell":
2 4 5 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "resist 4S drain":
9 14 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Danthrall says, "1 success"
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Willpower + 3 vs TN 4 for "Resist 4S drain, need 5 successes to completely get away.":
1 2 2 2 2 5 5 5 15 = 4 Successes

Danthrall finishes his chant this time, and suddenly, everything in the hallway seems quieter… event he buzzing of the lights seems to come from further away. The shaman nods to the troll, and waves at the door signaling he should have at the frame.

Promise shrugs, then pulls the weapons from the slit in his camo. They're enourmous. A pair of heavily customized shotguns, each with an underbarrel launcher, and long extended clips. The grip of each is modified, the triggers have been removed and the grip has been altered to provide maximum bracing. He holds the weapons in his hands then tilts his head trying to listen, he reaches out and taps the door. When there is no sound he gestures with his foot that he's going to kick the door rather than shoot it.

Danthrall nods, and just steps a little further back, letting the troll have the room he needs to kick the door in.

«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls Carromeleg + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
2 3 3 3 4 10 = 2 Successes

The doorway gives and swings inward, banging soundlessly into the wall behind. Promise immediately brings the weapons to bear on the doorway.

Danthrall steps inside and suddenly is a bit harder to see than before. Not that he's vanished. If you know where to look, you'll see him just fine. But any other time, your eyes will just sort of… pass him by (the joys of Spirit concealment!). He lowers his hand from the door, which he'd been holding towards it since casting his spell earlier. He glances around, seeing if any of the credsticks were left in obvious spots.

«OOC» Danthrall nods. "Ok then. Lets get a smart watcher on this. Force 4, TN 6 to get it here.
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Watcher spirit!":
1 2 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Conjuring vs TN 7 for "Watcher spirit! KP 5/7 (I forgot that pesky l wound, but would have missed it, anyways.)":
1 3 3 4 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 6 for "Resist 6L drain!":
5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 for "Resist 6L drain!":
1 1 5 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Stand. 2 boxes of stun from drain. But I has me a watcher spirit."

There are four doorways off the main room, two to the right, two to the left. One leads to a bathroom, the other three are bedrooms. The main room has a small trid set with a game station attached.
The kitchen is on the far side of the room, seperated from the main room by a half-height wall.

«OOC» Promise says, "Force vs TN 5, one test per credstick."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
1 3 3 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
4 4 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 4 vs TN 5:
3 3 3 5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Promise says, "As it stands it would take roughly 3 hours to find them all with that watcher spirit."
«OOC» Promise says, "You expect an alarm to go off in about 2"
«OOC» Promise says, "alarm clock to wake up the people."

Noticing it's taking too long for the single watcher spirit to find the credsticks, Danthrall opts to summon a second spirit, hoping that it will help find the goods in a more timely manner.

Promise stands quietly, his guns pointed at two of the doorways, his eyes scanning the room, staring at each item.

«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Conjuring vs TN 5 for "Force 2 watcher spirit, +1 dmg, +2 BG":
1 3 3 3 5 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Charisma vs TN 4 for "Resist 4L drain from the watcher spirit!":
1 2 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 2 vs TN 5:
2 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 2 vs TN 5:
5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 2 vs TN 5:
4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls 2 vs TN 5:
3 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Promise says, "You've got it down to about 2 hours to find all 4"
«OOC» Danthrall will sit down and rest and be back to no boxes of stun in… dunno. hafta roll willpower to check.
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "hour divided by successes":
1 2 4 5 5 17 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "hour divided by successes":
1 2 3 4 4 4 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Danthrall says, "30 minutes, and I'm at a full condition track."

Promise looks to you for some sort of guidance after a few minutes of nothing happening.

After a short time, Danthrall stands up and walks to where one of the credsticks is hidden, grabbing it and inspecting it to be sure that it is what they're after. "The spirits guide us. I'm sure that they will tell us where to find all that we seek."

Promise nods carefully, "Ok."

«OOC» Promise says, "Another credstick is in the main room, the other two are in the bedrooms, give me a stealth roll for each room"

Danthrall picks up a second credstick from underneath one of the couch cushions before plopping back down on the seat. After a few minutes, he looks towards the bedrooms. "Huh. I was afraid of that. Lets see if you're awake in there…" he says, casting his spirit up into the rooms his spirits have indicated.

«OOC» Promise says, "Sleeping still, though it's getting close to wake up time."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Which rooms are they in?"
«OOC» Promise says, "The two on the left."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "And in the rooms?"
«OOC» Promise says, "2 people, male and female each sleeping in same bed."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "As in, kids room, or older folk."
«OOC» Promise says, "adults."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "And has it been long enough that my stun is gone?"
«OOC» Promise says, "Yes."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Ok, going with a force 4 silence this go-round."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Sorcery - 1 vs TN 6 for "Force 4, +2 TN for BG, -2 dice for drain.":
2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Sorcery - 1 vs TN 6 for "Force 4, +2 TN for BG, -2 dice for drain, KP 6/7 (I think it's 6)":
2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Feh. Gotta stand."
«OOC» Promise says, "Spell fail, soak drain."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4:
3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Willpower + 2 vs TN 4 for "resist 4S drain":
1 2 4 4 5 5 8 16 = 6 Successes
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Yay, no drain!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Stealth for "Room 1, +3 to result from spirit's concealment":
3 4
«OOC» Danthrall says, "So, 7 in that room."
«OOC» Danthrall says, "Anything amis?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls 2 vs TN 14 for "Doubling stealth rating for targets being asleep (man)":
1 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls 2 vs TN 14 for "Doubling stealth rating for targets being asleep (woman)":
2 2 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Promise says, "In and out, no problem."
«Auto-Judge[]» Danthrall (#7693) rolls Stealth for "room 2, +3 result from Spirit's concealment":
3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls 2 vs TN 16 for "Doubling stealth rating for targets being asleep (woman)":
3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Promise (#3175) rolls 2 vs TN 16 for "Doubling stealth rating for targets being asleep (man)":
4 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Promise says, "Clean"

Promise watches the process with some curiosity, this was not going anything like the way he'd envisioned it. Took longer, less exciting, but so far…much easier.

It's not that he didn't make any noise. On the contrary, he probably made enough noise to turn a few heads in a quiet location. Maybe earn a glare from a librarian. But through the joys and wonders of the help of the spirits, the noise made turns into the sounds that most people overlook. 'Was that a footstep, or just the clicking of the air conditioner? Nah, couldn't a a footstep,' most people would say. So too, is the way of the Shaman's sneakiness. It's not like he follows Cat or anything like that.

Promise watches as Danthrall reappears from the second room with the credstick in hand, he tilts his head in the direction of the door and raises an eyebrow, or rather his face twists in a way that suggests his eyebrow should be raising.

Danthrall checks the sticks one more time, to be sure that they have what they came looking for, before nodding to the troll and heading towards the door.

Promise makes his way down into the hallway, tucking his weapons back into his clothing and securing the slits. The clothing shimmers and again looks like he's just a thug.

Danthrall follows the Troll, hazy and shimmery himself with the help of the spirit's concealment.

As the pair emerges from the building and make their way to the pick-up point a drone descends from the sky, it's cargo bay opening.

Danthrall lets the troll climb into the bay first, and climbs in shortly after. "So, how do we meet up with the Johnson for payment?"

Promise shrugs, then a second later points towards a package in the corner of the cargo area. A credstick reader sits on top of two briefcases, on it a note. "Please confirm the credsticks and take the appropriate payment."

Danthrall sighs, and pulls out the 4 credsticks, and begins to slot them each, giving the reader time to confirm them.

The drone begins to rocket upward after the second stick is inserted, then levels out as before.
«OOC» Promise says, "all the sticks check out."
«OOC» Danthrall cheers.

Promise looks at Danthrall as he collects his payment, "Thank you."

Danthrall nods a little. "Anytime. Anyone who's alright with watching over my slumbering body durring a spirit-walk is alright by me."

Promise nods, "Anytime."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License