Showtime

GM: Mr. Terrific
Players: Diego, Victoria, Savannah
Synopsis: The runners are hired to bodyguard a rich kid at her Bat Mitzvah party - a rich kid who's a fan of Shadowrunners and likely begged her dad to hire some to come to her party. And what do you know? Other shadowrunners actually attack! To kidnap the kids! And our heroes nobly defend the area from the same rich-kid shadowrunners seen in the log 'Losing Gracefully' at http://denver.wikidot.com/log:losing-gracefully . In that, it's a total success and the person who hires them righteously ups their payout. What they don't get is that the rich-kid shadowrunners were just a feint, if a strong one. The real action is done by a stealth expert sneaking into the office elsewhere in the building, putting a data tap and bug on the rich kid's dad. The characters don't make a huge effort to spot it, and they don't spot it.
Date: DATE HERE, remember to add 60 years to the year to get the timing right :)


«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "All right. This run may be pleasant, may be amusing, may be safe as houses or may be incredibly dangerous depending on your choices and on how things go. Please indicate your consent to this knowledge."
«Plot» Diego says, "I consent to ICA=ICC"
«Plot» Fray consents.
«Plot» Victoria says, "I consent."
«Plot» Azul says, "I consent"
«Plot» Savannah says, "I consent to my own stupidity killing me"

It's a slow Sunday afternoon. It's raining. It's dismal. And the call goes out for a meet at CHROME, in one of those back rooms where the electronic baffles are set up. Those of you who are wily can spot some pistol-packing plainclothes security operatives (not cops, bodyguards) hanging around inside CHROME in case things get wild, but other than that, nothing's out of place. Inside the secure room, waiting, is a blond-haired, blue-eyed, intense-looking russian man who introduces himself as, "Kuryakin. Pleased to meet you," he says to you all, giving a particular nod to Savannah whom he's met before. "I have a bodyguard mission for you. Her name is Aisha Shalon, you are to guard her all Monday. The price is five thousand per individual. Her father, Ted Shalon, builds corporations and sells them."

Diego arrives at the meet early, looking over the crowds, talking to a few folks at Chrome, enjoying himself a bit before time. When he does enter the meeting he is all business, moving to sit and listening as the Jay gives out the information. He nods his head to the description, smiling at the price though. "Five each for bodyguard work senor? Is it truly bodyguarding, or babysitting? For that amount, I'm assuming no one expects any trouble."

Ah, someone's she's worked for before. Always a plus, especially when you didn't die or screw up in the past. Savannah offers a polite nod and a smile to Mr. Kuryakin, eyes traveling to those few others at the table. She considers her hands as the job is laid out along with the price. Another look to theose involved before Savannah actually speaks, a rarity at a meet, "Is Ms. Shalon to stay in one place, or does she have errands for that day?"

Padding inside the club and out of the chill outside. Clad in simple jeans and a Chrome! t-shirt (gotta show support!), Blue finds a spot and settles in, crossing her legs and watching the others, nodding towards familiar faces.

Victoria had arrived, in her normal well dressed manner. Chrome or no Chrome, professionalism was key. Sitting quietly at the table and letting others talk.

Fray arrives well-dressed and without his customary bag or visible armaments and settles down at a seat near the Johnson. He nods along with Diego's words. "This is a lot of people for little pay. If you were expecting no trouble you wouldn't need all of us. If you are expecting trouble you should let us know so we can prepare for it." The dwarf gives a wry smile. "And you should pay us for it."

Kuryakin says, "Ah, you are striking to the nub of the gist. Aisha is thirteen and has just had her Bat Mitzvah this Saturday. Monday is a school holiday and that's the private reception for close friends. She and her little group are shadowrunner fans, and her daddy promised to get her some real live shadowrunners for the party. Thus, the fiction of a 'bodyguard' job. The basic complication - he lives in a nice area and that's where it'll be held, his personal mansion. You're expected to dress for the occasion, by which I mean, tart it up some, look special for the kids."
Kuryakin might just be expecting some of you to walk out here. That might be why he asked for five. Or maybe he asked for twenty 'runners and you are the five that showed.

Savannah's nose crinkles at the word 'tart', "I take it you do not literally mean tart?" The elven runner glances to the others and remarks, "And as this is showing the flag, so to speak, does Mr. Shalon request that we limit our gear and his security will deal with any problems, or should we be ready to actually defend this girl?"

Diego smiles "Sounds like a fun day senor, a nice party, but it seems rather odd still. One would think he would simply hire actors, I'm sure they would be cheaper." He looks to Savannah as she asks her question, then looks back to Kuryakin to see the answer.

Azul's right eyebrow lifts up into a delicate arch and she chuckles softly. "Can I be the mage?" she says wryly, then shakes her head, sitting up more, highly amused and actually interested. Serious questions cause her to shush up, but the smile lingers. A party! Excellent!

Victoria smirked a little, her eyes darting to Savannah. Even her on the job professional demeanor couldn't suppress the giggle.

Fray shakes his head slowly. "Actors are probably pricier than desperate runners. Non-desperate runners? I am not so sure. You want a demonstration of big guns and pink mohawks to amuse the kids, you don't need pros."

Kuryakin says, "They like the trids, the posters, the styles. What the Kombatmage-girl of the week is wearing. If you go dressed in camoflage fatigues, they had better be top of the line and impeccably tailored, is what I'm saying. Also, I've met the girl, and she's young but not stupid, so she'd know pretty fast if you were actors. Finally, while Ted would say that his security can handle anything, I personally am more experienced than that. I've just told you that there's going to be a good number of very rich thirteen year old kids in one place. Of course it's a target. How important? I don't know, I haven't heard any scuttlebutt that it's going to be hit."

Diego nods "Senor, I believe I can agree to this arrangement, though I do hope I'm not alone in that." He chuckles a bit.

Victoria was smirking, she was going to get to dress people up as stereotypical shadowrunners. One could almost see the actual gears turning in her head. "Ah, I believe my employer could be convinced. Though I suspect he will be more interested in the more…security based aspects of the job. I make a horrible shadowrunner, and he on the other hand, I do not think would be too good with children."

Listening, Savannah considers the back of her hands again and then glances to the others as Mr. Kuryakin lays it out. She says, "So expect an extraction on one or more rich kids while pretending to be trideo type runners." She laughs a little and waves a hand, "I do not suppose that Mr. Shalon is paying extra if there happens to be trouble?"

Kuryakin says, "Ted is a master negotiator, and the two rules he lives by in a deal are, "Get what you want now," and "Leave them happy so you can get what you want in the future." If there is trouble, I am certain he will pay more, commensurate with the difficulty involved.

Fray shakes his head. "I am sorry, but I think I will back out here, before I know where or when. I wish you the best of luck." The dwarf stands and shrugs. "This is not exactly the publicity I am looking for, I'm afraid."

Azul's pocsec buzzes and the girl checks the message. Hmm. Five kay babysitting job, or dinner with the parental unit? Kid party or angry daddy? All things considered… "I'm afraid I've got a better offer on the line. If you'll excuse me? I do hope you'll call me in the future." she says, rising and dropping her pocsec back into her pocket as she moves to leave.

"That seems more than fair," Savannah remarks, settling back into her seat. She says, "I am in, of course." She'll glance to the others, waving to Fray as he steps out. She'll nod to Azul as she exits as well, glancing to the mysterious Victoria and the unknown Diego.

Kuryakin says, "Understood," to Azul and Fray in a conciliatory way which indicates that he knew full well that this job was not for everyone.

Diego frowns slightly as several of the team runs out, then his smile returns. "I do hope nothing happens now. I am not well trained in this bodyguarding work."

Victoria gave a sweet smile to Diego. "I believe my employer can handle that, assuming you and your partner can handle the children?"

Kuryakin gets out the information. Ted Shalon lives in a mansion in an A zone suburb in the CAS. He has a small yard surrounding a large house in a gated community of many similar houses. Aisha is an only child (of course) and she has a Lassie-style collie named 'Simba.'

"I am certain that we will be more than sufficent should anything happen," Savannah remarks, giving Diego a reassuring smile. She'll glance to Kuryakin and says, "Understood. Be there and be prepared, dressed in accordance with the popular styles and with smiles on?"

Kuryakin says, "Exactly," to Savannah.

Diego nods "Si, I can handle children, I have always been good making new friends." He seems to have agreed and is ready now.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Any other questions for Kuryakin?"
Kuryakin includes contact information for payout later, and with that he thanks you and leaves you to the secure room to plot as need be. (He takes his Draco Foundation bodyguards with him on the way out.)

Victoria nods, her own responce to Kuryakin's information, was some information of her own. A numbered Swiss Bank accounts routing number. Then a smile to the man, one that got almost vicious as her gaze turned to the other two runners. "But you two are going to need clothes…."

Diego looks down on himself and smiles, "Si senorita, I will be needing something more, flashy."

"Perhaps. I'm not sure that the clothing will end up being the worst part of this. Rather, I fully expect SOMEONE to take a chance at grabbing one of these children or perhaps a parent at the party. It's too great an opportunity." Savannah offers a shrug at that, "And with but the three of us and a lot of potential victims, it is likely to get problematic."

Victoria shrugged a little. "My employer will be your overwatch if you request it. A hit on a location such as this would have to be very quiet. We will have time, a strike team wouldn't dare try to raise the alarm."

Diego nods, "I have some minor drones I could use to keep us appraised of the situation, but I would have to have their feeds sent to something portable so we could keep watch."

"An aquaintance of mine once remarked on a man named Murphy who said that no matter what COULD go wrong, will go wrong." Savannah chuckles a bit and shrugs, "So. We should get there early and see what we can see, look over the place and be ready to act if needs be. I'm planning to be at least an hour early, myself."

«Plot» Savannah says, "I plan to be there at least an hour early to go over the grounds and check for oddities."

«Plot» Victoria says, "If you think those two are getting away with Vicky dress up time, you are sadly mistaken."
«Plot» Victoria says, "Vicky will be spending her time picking out some clothes for the other two. And give the place a look, for a spot for her ahem, employer."
«Plot» Diego says, "Your not dressing me, I havea ruth jumpsuit, I'll just alter the pattern :)"
1. A ruth jumpsuit with an altered pattern will never ever ever look tres chic. You'll be laughed at. 2. It is a gated community in an A level area, so if you go there the night before, you see there's a wall around it, a gate, security guards, and inside the wall are perhaps 40 different estates. You know which estate it is, pretty much in the middle. They do have rotodrones themselves, so if you throw up drones in the air at night, you'll be challenging their security.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Reception 2 pm monday, dinner at 4-6 pm. So Savannah plans to be there at least at 1 pm to check for things. Vicky has time tonight to look at the place and to buy clothes, and I will deal with things thusly:"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Etiquette (to Mr.Terrific):
3 3 10
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Okay. Victoria is going to use Etiquette to attempt to program Diego's ruth jumpsuit to look sufficiently stylish and tres chic and shadowrunnery so that the kids at the Bat Mitzah won't laugh at him for wearing pajamas to guard them. She has military skills so she won't degrade his combat effectiveness. The highness of the etiquette test will determine the tres-chicness, and as she has just rolled, it is pretty rocking. Describe, if you would?"

Victoria had to give thought to Diego's outfit, after all, Savannah was easy. The latino had to have a bit more thought. In the end she decided just on simplicity. Or something close to it, The addition of easily removeable boots and a faux, if convincing armored jacket, both easily disposed of in a matter of seconds. The addition of simply getting his ruth in it's natural state to give off a few menacing highlights on a black base was the easy finisher. Now for Savvy….
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The key is clearly: accessorize."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego, Savannah, you should also tell me if there is anything else you are doing ahead of time that night besides learning to dress well."
«Plot» Diego says, "I'm going to talk to a few of my contacts. I have a Johnson who might have heard about anything in the works. I've also got a decker that should be able to alert me if anything funny happens on the local security networks."
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) has the Contact Michael with the following information:
-----> Contact for Diego (#2074) <-----
Contact Name: Michael
Level: 2
Type: johnson
GM Note: Some Johnsons end up giving away who they really work for. So far Michael has not. Its possible that he doesn't actually work for a single Corp, and instead freelances for whomever wants the utmost in deniability, so deniable even the Johnson doesn't know who is paying him for the job.
GM Note: Diego has dabbled in shadowrunning over the years, when things were tight, or simply as a way to make new contacts. Michael has been his Jay on multiple times, and there has almost become a game between them. Deigo is always trying to figure out who Michael really works for, and Michael seems to enjoy the interplay, like a game of chess almost.


«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) has the Contact Snow with the following information:
-----> Contact for Diego (#2074) <-----
Contact Name: Snow
Level: 2
Type: decker
GM Note: Snow is a female in her mid twenties that is a hardcore hacker. She is one of those that not only does it for the money, she does it for the thrill. she has a fairly good selection of programs and a hot deck that lets her cut through most systems with ease. She doesn't do freebies though, no matter how interesting the job. For data searches she has an agent program to handle most of that dull work, so she charges normal rates even if it is a bore.
GM Note: Corp Decker MJLBB. Diego often has need of a decker, and he always turns to Snow. Diego got her name through Teeg years ago, and they have kept a good working relationship since then.


«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "Johnson's rumor mill on Ted Shalon and Aisha Shalon":
1 2 2 3 5 7 (Not enough)
Snow, the decker, says, "You want me on overwatch keeping an eye on the system? Call you if something goes wacky?"

Diego responds to Snow. "That's it, just sit there and see if anyone else is tampering with anything, give me a call when it happens."

Snow says, "That sounds like a 500y job, more if I get attacked. I'll keep you informed."

Diego nods "That sounds fair, I'm more than happy to pay for any discomfort you have."

«Plot» Savannah knows how to dress well. Other than the aforementioned checking around once we get there, I'll go over MapQuest or whatever to get an idea how to get out of the area or into the area, looking for ways that people might try to kidnap someone. Not getting paid a lot so I wont bug my contacts.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Okay. You have a decker watching the system, Diego is dressed well, Savannah is dressed well, Savannah has checked out the map of the gated community and has the routes in her head, Diego has talked to a few people. Let me deal with Victoria's personal costume then we will go to 1 hour beforehand."

«Plot After The Fact» Victoria's goal is to change to her secret identity and sneak in with all kinds of gear. She scopes out the security and while it's doable, she decides that the risk of such action is not worth the reward. Savannah, similarly, was going to try to sneak in swords and pistols and so forth, but after a look at the gate decides against it. So the clothing and gear ends up as:

«Plot» Savannah says, "Costume: Savannah is /not/ dressed as a mage, because she enjoys not getting shot first. Instead, she will seek out a tres chic version of what she normally wears after copious looks at her own fantasy collection (see knowskills) and the trideo. The standard armoured duster will be cut almost like a cape, the clothing beneath in slightly brighter shades than she normally wears, in this case blues and whites. She is going for a modern day knight look, dressed in leathers and silks instead of steel and whatnot."
«Plot» Savannah says, "On This Run: Rings of Power (hidden). Familiar is on watch duty as always to alert me of magical dangers. Medicine Bag. Armor."
«Plot» Diego is wearing his armor vest and forearm guards under his ruth suit. Has his pocsec for communications with Snow via txt. That's it, he is paid to be an actor today. If shit happens, well, let's hope the regular security isn't idiots.
«Plot» Victoria pages: Hmmm, paranoia sets in. Oh well, screw it. Vicky will come as herself. Well dressed of course, giving a slight nod to modern trid, but she is good with clothes and style. She will carry a single HPistol (Ares Pred III) in her glovebox. Which shouldn't raise too many alarms.
«Plot» Victoria pages: And Bloody Pray nothing goes down. (Evil GM laughter.)

After taking the care to dress well - Diego looks dashing, with a free-flowing jumpsuit whose slightest gradations of black accent the particulars of his physique under the obviously armored thick bulky jacket and excellent accessories that make him look terribly active. Savannah looks like a modern day knight in leather and silk, a subdued look that whispers 'class' along with seriousness. Victoria is well dressed in competent fashion. Several other plans were made when they checked out the front gate, with the two security guards on duty - even the cars that have a transponder are asked to slow with a window down and given a look inside, whereas things like delivery trucks and visitors are actually stopped, talked to, SIN checked, and even in the case of an unsavory looking troll laborer taken out of the vehicle and hand-wanded. Suffice it to say plans are changed.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Savannah first!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 16 for "Not being magical, the guard's only option for spotting things like Savannah's medicine bag and rings of power are Sherlock Holmsian nervousness and glancing down at her hidden things":
1 2 3 = 0 Successes
One makes due with the task before them and finds a way. A cursory check of the security in the area and through the neighborhoods indicates that traveling with weapons would be difficult of not impossible. She'll reluctantly leave most of her tools at home, banking on things going well. And really, if Mr. Shalom wanted armed people there then he'd have made provisions. She shows early, as she planned, to do what needs to be done.

And so, after using Severe Tire Damage strips and a wave to slow Savannah down and looking in through her open window with a flashlight (even though it's daytime); the security guards let her pass after checking her SIN. "Straight through two stops, left at the third, number 1419. Please be careful of the speed bumps, and have a nice day." Yes, the place has those really annoying speed bumps so you can't drive fast and endanger the rich chillun on their manicured lawns.

Rentals are going to cost more than this job is going to bring in! Savannah is in a rental car, of course, something that a 'cool' runner would have in a stark white, the color of pristine snow and sporty. Still, the experience is what is really important, right? She slides the white car into the appropriate parking spot for the home, because showing up in a battered Americar would ruin the image. She drives slow, counting the speed bumps for something to do on the way to the house, eyes searching the neighborhood for interesting features.
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) spends 3000 nuyen for "Nice clothes and car rental for the day.".

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego, also giving the SIN that Kuryakin would know to use?"
«Plot» Diego says, "Yes."
The same treatment is given to Diego, since in and of themselves, the ruthenium polymers impregnating his suit are not illegal and neither is anything else he's carrying.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And finally, Victoria, who DOES have something illegal. Victoria, make an Etiquette."
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Etiquette (to Mr.Terrific):
3 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Etiquette (to Mr.Terrific) for "KP 1:6":
3 11 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 13 for "Open test - to beat Victoria's etiquette to search her car randomly":
1 3 5 = 0 Successes
And finally, as Victoria doesn't have anything illegal in plain view when the security fellows flashlight inside, it's really a question as to whether their cop senses go off and make them search the entire car. Victoria is too stylish, too relaxed, too looks-like-I'm-supposed-to-be-there for that, and they wave her through.

It would be an insult to call the house a McMansion. It's a step or two up from that. Nine bedrooms, open air hot tub and small pool in back, manicured lawn, garden, the housekeeper who opens the door is clearly an Israeli and might look like Double Tap did before she had her body replaced with chrome which is to say, also a hobgoblin of middle eastern persuasion. She is supervising a catering crew who is setting up in their dining room and living room. The place is tasteful inside but not overdone - the artwork on the walls is personal as opposed to expensive and you can tell that the place had a girl and her dog grow up to the age of thirteen within. Some of the bedrooms are guest rooms, one is for the grandparents who aren't here today, some of the other bedrooms are project rooms, none of the caterers or the housekeeper have anything dangerous amongst them.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "You have all used your skills to detect things ahead of time that may be evil. The place has a basic security system of the type that as shadowrunners you are familiar with people using on their personal homes. You all know people who could beat it, and how, but it would take them some time to do so and they would have to be careful not to be seen on the cameras."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Any particular actions for the hour or so ahead of time that you want furtherly-elaborated?"

Savannah is in no rush nor would she want to appear as such. Once the car is taken care of in one way or the other, she'll sweep in through the entrance they are supposted to go throughnodding amiably to the housekeeper. She'll of course look for wards before wandering through, letting her familiar pop off and then return before slamming into such. Other than that, she is just there, inquisitive and polite as always, making her way towards the host and her project of the day.
«Plot» Savannah says, "Magical Defenses?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No magical defenses - the complex has at least one that you have seen spirit on continuous astral patrol, force 4."

«Plot» Diego says, "I'm going to talk to folks and kids. I'm looking to see if anyone might expect something. I'm just going to be friendly but actually using Interrogation to look for clues, someone who is overly nervous, anything like that. I'll work on everyone from kitchen staff to guests."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Etiquette, Diego."
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Etiquette + 2 (EPR):
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 9
The catering staff are low-grade. They're a bonded catering staff that's worked with this complex before. The housekeeper knows what's up and who's who and she's watching the catering staff like a hawk. "Aisha and her friends will be arriving soon - I know you're here to guard them all but they'll be so excited to see you. They're good kids, all of them. Let me know if you need the security system passcode - we changed it earlier so we can give it to you now and change it back tomorrow. The only thing Mr. Shalon asks is that you don't let the kids into the master bedroom and his personal offices - that's why they're locked." 'Locked' here is a misnomer to shadowrunners - it's just an interior door that's closed and latched, any one of you could kick it down with one kick.

Victoria came as the mage, I mean somebody had to get shot first. Plus Savvy could back up her story, and the outfit was to good to waste. Leather jacket, white halter, black mini, stockings, and boots. All of it having little mystical symbols on it. It would take a close observer to note that the stockings were actually what was showing of her second skin body armor. And just as close of an eye to notice the shoulder holster under the jacket. She was all smiles still as she trailed behind Savannah, keeping her close.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 for "The housekeeper spotting stuff like maybe Victoria's concealed weapon":
1 1 3 5 7 (Success to spot the Ares Predator III)
The housekeeper's eyes widen slightly as Victoria passes by, but that's all.

Diego will take a moment to speak to Savannah, and alert her to the possibility that something of value is upstairs, and if something happens, that too could be a target. Then he goes back to mingling and chatting up folks.

Victoria completely blew off the upstairs thing. Nothing important enough to pull a strike team into an A sec was going to be held behind a locked house door.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "How do you want to be placed for when the kids arrive?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "You are told that their parents will be bringing them and dropping them off. Some will be walking as they live in the community."
«Plot» Diego is going to stand in an upstairs window, looking down as everyone arrives. Give me a good view of the front, as well as let me be seen by any kids actually paying attention.
«Plot» Savannah will be lurking in the main entryway near the stairwell where they will have to pass to get to the other areas.
«Plot» Victoria will be with Savvy.

And indeed, the kids start to arrive at five minutes till, when Ted Shalon drives in with Aisha, parking in their actual garage. He's in his sixties, with wire-rimmed glasses, brown balding hair and a friendly face, wearing a sweater, and he comes in to talk to the housekeeper while Aisha runs around nervously peering at the preparations. He does spot you all and comes around to give each of you a handshake with a friendly grip. "Thank you all for helping out today," he says. "Ilya spoke very well of you. Now, Aisha made me promise I wouldn't hang around her party, so I have some things to go do elsewhere…" and he retreats to his vehicle. Aisha has his brown hair, fair skin, excellent complexion, and shining green eyes that go googly when she spots the three of you.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "Aisha's willpower check":
1 3 3 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 8 for "her perception check, at penalties because she is smitten":
3 4 4 4 4 5 5 10
She goes, "Wow," under her breath at Savannah and Victoria first, because they're downstairs mostly, and even distracted as she is by the obvious magery about…. Victoria, she can spot the tell-tale weapon bulge of the Ares Predator III under his stylish jacket. Serious stuff! "I'm so glad you're here! Everyone is going to want to talk to you… what.. what should I call you? Oh, I'm Aisha! But you were told that, right? And my dad is Ted and the housekeeper is Harriet and…"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "She appears to be asking - gasp - for nifty shadowrunner code names!"

Savannah offers Aisha a warm smile and a head nod as one in her position might; a mighty shadowrunners. She does not make fun of the girl; people are very impressionable at this age. She doesn't offer to shake, keeping her hands free but instead speaks softly, "You can call me Sunshine," she remarks, almost able to foretell that the name will draw looks of confusion among her and her friends; even normal shadowrunners balk.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 8 for "Shadowscene players for Aisha!":
5 5 11 = 1 Success
Victoria smiled to Sunny, then to the girl, and for once, let someone else take the center of attention. Nodding a bit towards the girl. "Miss V."

Diego hasn't been directly spoken too, so he continues to play the mysterious guy in the corner watching stuff. He does his best to act the part of an intimidating person.

Aisha says, "So you're the magician! I read about you on the Undernet!" she says to Savannah. She's taking a breath to leap into other things, guesses true and false that she might make when bling-bong, saved by the doorbell. Diego has seen them drive up and come up the walkway, and the housekeeper will get the door unless you all want to stand guard there in particular. The kids are being delivered to the house by parents or by servants or, one of them, a pasty-faced boy, by a retired-cop-bodyguard-servant type. But they don't come in, trusting to the security of the place, just letting the kids in to be greeted by the housekeeper and by Aisha and to be led into the party zone past Savannah and Victoria. The most dangerous thing the kids have on them are pocketknives for some of the boys, and of course, everyone has a top of the line pocsec.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No, because of the position he took, no one seems to go pester Diego for some reason, besides Ted, who made sure to shake his hand and stuff. But…"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 for "Generic Int of the kids":
3 4 4 5 5
Though he's not hidden, Diego is successfully giving off that serious bodyguard vibe. They are high class kids and they've seen bodyguards and they know that they aren't supposed to draw attention to him. The rumor mill from Aisha immediately outs Savannah as the mage, getting her some questions about, "When were you tested, when did your talent come out?" because actually, a lot of them are about that age and what could be better than learning you're destined to have fabulous magical powers?

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 for "General kid int to spot the Big Gun":
1 1 1 3 4
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Strangely, Aisha is the only one who spots the massive Predator III and she doesn't tell, thus avoiding the extensive segment where the kids ask to see the gun."

Savannah will answer their questions as truthfully as she can without giving away too much private information. She'll give as much helpful information as she can, as well, about magical testing and what to expect, neither overselling the importance nor underselling the magnitude of the choice.

Victoria continue to let Savvy lead, after all, she had to keep her attention elsewhere as well. All while trying to appear both competent to the kids, and incompetent to her team mates. It was a rough life.

While it's not spoken directly to Savannah, she can easily hear some of the kids say stuff about her like, "Nothing like the wage mages," referring to her dress and bearing and <gasp> speaking to them like a human as opposed to like corp-bot #5 speaking to interchangeable child-unit #4. About the kids: The kids are at that oh-so-uncomfortable age. The girls have had their growth spurt and gotten mature; the boys are mostly just starting theirs, thing, gangly, acne, confusion, some of them just starting to get that inkling of liking girls, others of them here because their families are friends and they go to the same school. The girls have discovered fashion, the boys far less so, dressed conservatively still, a few with a tasteful earring.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Next question: Do you eat? Or do you religiously avoid the scrumptious catered food, like the chicken and vegetables served on a curled lily petal hors d'oeuvres, the bits of baklava, the soda, the sparkling mineral water, etc?"
«Plot» Diego says, "No eating, I have sustenance!"
«Plot» Victoria says, "Vicky will pass on food. Unprofessional."
«Plot» Savannah does not eat. A professional guard does not keep their hands full.

Diego moves around the edges of the room, keeping an eye from a distance. If he speaks, its usually to the help, still trying to read if maybe someone has already infiltrated as a worker.

Savannah will follow the party, of course, staying at a respectful distance from Aisha and her friends, but close enough to respond should need be. Rachel rides on her shoulder in the astral plane, watching and waiting for anything out of the ordinary, providing the proverbial eyes in the back of her head.

The not eating or having anything in your hands thing titillates the kids even more once they notice it after about twenty minutes. Oh my god, it's so authentic! You can hear the whispered rumors about it ripple through them as a few of them figure it out and tell the others. One of them in fact, the pimply faced boy who had his own semi-adequate bodyguard, puts together a nice little plate of food and comes by to offer it to Victoria. "I couldn't help but notice you didnt have anything?" he so innocently asks. What a proper little gentleman he is!

Ah the curse of being beautiful, well dressed, and foriegn. At least in Victoria's mind. Still she could only be polite. A small smile flittering across her face as she leaned down to pick up the plate with a hand. "Why thank you Monsieur."

He backs off, and of course they're watching slyly, even though they are talking of other things and listening to the hot tunes of the day, to see if Victoria actually eats.
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Stealth (to Mr.Terrific):
2 4 7 9 11 14

As jobs go, this is one of the more pleasant that she's had recently. The sewer? Ug! She had to burn those clothes. Still, Savannah takes it no less seriously than a firefight; she paces the room quietly, taking note of where the house security are and what they are doing while all this is going on.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "You are the house security - the house has 'a security system' that you've been given the passcode to. The complex has security, and they occasionally patrol around in a little golf cart."

Victoria seemed to just be having fun, after all, what was the harm? Looking at the plate for a moment, and then suddenly she was in motion. It was rather impressive what one could do with training, and a little hardware thanks to the miracle workers of Mariselles. She was fast, far too fast as wires kicked into full gear, swooping in around and then behind the little group of rumor mongers with a broad grin, and an uttered. "Boo."

Diego focuses on the children, that was the purpose of this job. Look like a shadowrunner to impress the kids, and probably to distract something else. No sense messing any of that up with curiousity.

<Gasp!> <Eek!> It's an obvious use of supernatural ability - it's one thing to see it on the trid, it's another thing to see it up close. Startlement, appraisement, entertainment, fright, revulsion, attraction, all of these things ripple across the crowd. And then, almost like you maybe knew it was going to happen….

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "We are now moving into limited time actions, though not quite full initiative. I will begin with Diego:"
The pocsec in Diego's pocket buzzes with a text: "Decker gang attack swarmbots" That's all that goes through, no punctuation.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So Diego responds to that first."

Diego reaches to look at his pocsec, reading the message, and then moving quickly to gesture towards Savannah and Victoria, he points to his pocsec, having let them know earlier he was going to be alerted if a matrix attack happens.

You say "Savannah, Victoria, you may respond, and Diego can also engage in an action."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 for "Do the kids twig":
1 3 4 7 8

«Plot» Savannah will summon a F2 Watcher
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Conjuring vs TN 2 for "Bring me a F2 Watcher!":
1 3 4 4 5 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Charisma + 3 (Ally) vs TN 3 for "Resist 3L Drain, limiting time to 1 hour":
4 4 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 9 11 = 11 Successes
«Plot» Savannah says, "Savannah summons a F2 watcher with a 1 hour lifespan. No drain."

Catching the meaningful glance and movements from Diego, Savannah takes a step back and quietly speaks to herself, or perhaps the winds, "Rachel, attend me please." She holds out her hand and concentrates, drawing on her will for a moment and focusing, her words little more than a whisper, "RoseBlossom, I ask you to come now and assist me in my tasks." For a moment nothing happens, then a flutter of wings beats the astral winds, the watcher spirit lighting on her outstretched hand after a moment, its presence little more than a faint disturbance in the Real.

If she saw the signal, Victoria didn't give any sort of response. Still spending her time entertaining the children, grinning as she took a piece of food from the plate and popped it into her mouth. Everything seemed normal for her, mainly because no one could see the electronics in her head suddenly going full tilt on her surroundings.
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence for "standard perception, more coming":
1 2 4 10 11 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 5 for "Sound filter rating 5, Hearing Amp, Spatial recognizer.":
1 2 3 3 4

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And Diego."
«Plot» Diego says, "I'm looking around, counting heads. Is there any obviously missing persons right now? Someone who was here a few minutes ago but gone now?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "A wise move, there are not. Moving on."

So it goes: Victoria keeps the awareness of the kids on her and away from panic. Savannah prepares herself with a watcher spirit, and Diego both alerts everyone and headcounts the kids - all are safe even though they are in two connected rooms. That's when bree-deep, bree-deep, bree-deep bzz bzz bzz… everyone's pocsecs all at once give the 'no bars' signal. Now, a hacker swarm is unlikely to be able to do that to pocsecs. What the hacker swarm is likely to be able to do is shut the power down to the house..wee oo wee oo woop. the house music goes down, the lights cut out. It's still daytime, though it's dismal and rainy outside.. no one is blind, but it is dusk like.
And looking out the window, it's all the houses.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Some sort of ECM skill to know what's happened to the pocsecs."
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Military Tactics for "Just in case it actually applies.":
1 3
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, obviously some kind of radio jamming is being used to block signals to pocsecs, which doesn't take too much."

«Plot» Diego says, "Whats security doing?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "You're a ways away from the security at the gate, and somewhere there is security zooming around in little golf carts, and probably the patrol spirits are doing something. From where you are you can't see the security in golf carts or at the gate."

Diego speaks up now. "I'd like everyone to move to a single room that can hold everyone, with as few entrances and exits as possible."

Savannah lets Diego round people up, moving to herd kids in from the other room. She has Rachel keep an eye on Aisha the whole time; while the others are important, this particular child is their primary responsibility. She reaches out the astral cords to her Friends, preparing to tug as soon as she needs to.

Aisha says, "The music room!" in answer to Diego. It's big enough for the group, though cramped. It has her musical instruments, and the walls are soundbarriered.

Diego nods to Aisha "Thank you, I need you to help take charge, make sure you keep count of all your friends here, lets get them into the music room now." He starts making sure of the numbers, directing folks to get into someplace defensible.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego and Aisha marshal everyone into the music room, which doesn't have windows either. Savannah is readying herself, and Victoria?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Security Procedures (to Mr.Terrific) for "Where is the physical security going to funnel a military strike team?":
2 5 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Military Tactics (to Mr.Terrific) for "If I was doing this hit, what would I do?":
4 4 5
«Plot to Victoria» Either the front door, or the patio door to the pool. The other exits are clumsy windows to climb through or the garage door which requires unlocking the big ungainly garage first before you even get to the garage door. Which one you choose depends on what your goal is.

There was a moment's pause, the stress suddenly kicking in. And she wasn't protected, not covered by the barrier of a false persona. It was only her, and Marsilles, her and Africa. A series of rapid eye movements and then her eyes glassed for a moment, the focused as her body tensed. Almost too casually her hand reached under her jacket, removing the pistol there, screwing on the silencer, APDS loaded and ready. They wouldn't come in the front door, that would require a turnaround. Strike through the rear entrance, grab the target, out the front to a waiting getaway vehicle. One easy motion. And so that is where she started to head, the patio, a strange grin coming across her face. And…was she humming? That tune sounded familiar.
That was Victoria.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The kids are now 'almost all' in the music room, with Aisha and one other being the last to walk in, Diego right with them. Savannah is ready and alert, Victoria moving to the patio door that leads out to the deck and pool. So this, first, is the unfair stealth test for the bad guys getting to the patio door before you know for sure that they are there and doing what they wanted to do there. This is a hearing test, so only tell me about your enhanced hearing and hearing bonuses. They are under +4 spirit concealment and +4 for 4 successes from a Silence spell. I am going to roll their worst stealth to set the difficulty."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 for "going to be +8":
2 3 3 4
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I'll stand, give me a tn 12 listen."
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Intelligence vs TN 12 for "Detecting stealth by hearing, no hearing mods.":
1 1 2 2 4 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Intelligence vs TN 12 for "No hearing mods":
1 1 2 3 4 10 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "Ah, the power of +2 enhanced hearing"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence + 5 for "As ststaed, Amplified Hearing +2 to the roll, Spatial recognizer, possible -2 to the diff since I am paying attention to that direction. And +5 dice due to select sound filter.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 8 10
«Plot to Victoria» 'That's 1 success, you resolve the dampened vibrations into one person stepping up to the door and slapping something onto it - the handle jostles slightly so it was done at the lock. There are other people there as well.'.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific has given necessary information. So from here we will init.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Initiative with a result of 11.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 for "+8 Thylacine":
3 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+6 Ascot":
1 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.
«OOC» Savannah says, "I know these guys."
«OOC» Mr.Terrific grins. Savannah does indeed know these guys from another plot.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1 for "+4 Cat":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Initiative with a result of 25.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego 28 has no sensory information and can't do anything other than usher the kids in which he's doing."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, in the family room which is the room which has the patio door."
«Plot After the Fact» Victoria and I go through options and penalties. She decides to shoot through the wall based on hearing.
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 10 for " shoot through wall based on hearing, Wall meet APDS":
2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 10 for "Wall meet APDS part 2, recoil comped in by hand grip.":
1 1 3 4 5 5 9 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Thylacine is closest so let's say it goes for her, she's also the one without additional cover":
1 2 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 2 of item 1: APDS Ammo (Heavy Pistol) from APDS HP (#10898).
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "9m apds, I've removed the 1 success, going through the wall removes lets say 4 power, 5 against her armor jacket which is reduced to 3…"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 2:
1 2 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Smacks right into her chest as she is about to do what she's about to do. But she's distracted!"

Victoria kept walking, just like it was any other day. Her humming increasing in volume as her hand extended outwards in an almost lazy motion. The darkness of the house and the overcast outside suddenly lit up by the depression of the trigger twice. Bright flashes at the end of the silencer, walls blowing into the wall. And the color of her face exposed for a moment, her wild eyes, the lopsided grin…and, her singing. "Don't it feel like the wind is always howling?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Singing for "Sure the killing is all good, but can she carry a tune?":
2 3 5

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine. She is setting the explosive on the door."
Normally one wants a goodly amount of time to set a plastic explosive and blow a door. But zang! Two shots through the wall and one hits her in the chest! She slaps it on and backs away!
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "The TN would have been 4 but now she's distracted. Still, it's a bomb, it's really a question of how well it explodes.":
3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ascot: He takes cover behind lawn furniture, pointing his weapon at the door that's about to open, using the holes in the wall as guidelines."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Savannah."
«Plot» Savannah sends her Watcher to follow Diego to the music room. It was to astrally guard.
Addressing Roseblossom, Savannah directs the fairy watcher spirit to follow Diego to the room and warn him if anything astral appears. That done, the elf glances around for a moment as she tries to figure out if this is a real attack or just the standard 'rich neighborhood kids' playing in the trix.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Cat: Cat also takes cover behind some lawn furniture, drawing her weapon and pointing it at where the hole is going to be."

Aisha hears real Predator III gunshots and shouts, "Get down, get down!" She dives in, shoving in the last other person, and her urging gets everyone else to lower themselves. It's kind of like a slumber party on the floor there in the music room. What a thirteenth birthday, eh?

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego, second pass, 18, you've heard shots."
«Plot» Diego says, "Holding action, guarding children."

Diego nods to Aisha. "Keep everyone together and calm, panic will only make it worse."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Second pass, Victoria, 15."
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence (to Mr.Terrific) for "Is that a bomb? TN is whatever you feel like, just seeing if Vicky walks right into it.":
2 2 3 4 7 8
«Plot to Victoria» with 'It's almost certain they've attached a bomb to the outside of the door lock on their side.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 10 for "I can still hear you… APDS through the wall part 1":
3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 10 for "I can still hear you… APDS through the wall part 2, recoil comped fully.":
1 1 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 2 of item 1: APDS Ammo (Heavy Pistol) from APDS HP (#10898).
«Plot» Victoria says, "stand on misses."

Victoria set a foot down, the start of her beat, her smile wide as she pirhouetted before her next step. Her gun arm swinging loose then suddenly going rigid as she locked onto the sound of movement, more holes appearing in the wall, and one of the good wifes potted plants in a shower of dirt and the clink of shattered glass. "Don't it seem like there's never any light! "

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine: She moves behind the lawn furniture for cover, draws her weapon, and blows the door.

The explosive sounds like a 'crump'. That's because it's under the effect of a Silence spell, taking the most powerful edge off of the noise. Now, the charge is, by the book, more than enough to destroy the door. What it isn't enough to do is CLEAR the door. So while there's a hole, and smoke, and a burned area, the flinders of the door hang in sturdy strips and the frame of the door is leaning across at an odd angle due to the semi-plastic faux-wood construction.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Shooting through the door is +4 cover. It takes a complex action simply to move through the exploded door area - you, and they, can do nothing else for that complex action besides wrangle your way through, if you choose to go through."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego, Savannah, you have certainly heard the explosion at the patio door."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ascot will shoot through the ragged hole at Victoria with.. his narcoject dart pistol!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "tn 5 for range, +4 cover, -2 smartlink-2, first shot":
1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "tn 5 for range, +4 cover, -2 smartlink-2, second shot":
3 4 11 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "DODGE!":
1 1 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 3 - 1 vs TN 4 for "DODGE! KP2/6":
1 1 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Victoria says, "Stand."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I'm left with a dart and 1 success, at the end of the round we go into the resistance. You should check your armor to see if you have chemseal which is the thing to have."

Ascot has taken careful aim. He sees a flash of a body through the smoke and explosion with his enhanced eyes. Fht fht! The first hits a strip of frame but he judges the second a hit.. but the drugs take so long to take effect!

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Savannah, second pass, 1"
«Plot» Savannah says, "Call Elementals (Air x 2)"

Ok, THAT was a gunshot. Silencers aren't as silent as they make out on the trid. Plus, broken crockery, doors exploding and that singing Victoria is doing. Savannah drops to one knee and waves her left hand, pulling down as she does so. Immediately two of her Friends are summoned from the airy skies of the Air Plane, appearing in the Close Astral and waiting for orders. She can feel the pressure of their presence like a weight against her skin, her hair fluttering in a silent breeze. She narrows her eyes, looking to see what Victoria is singing about.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Cat has no action. Third pass, Diego, 8!"
«Plot» Diego says, "Holding action still"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, 5!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 7 for "Return fire, Medium range, +4 cover. Shot one":
1 2 2 3 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 7 for "Return fire, Medium range, +4 cover. Shot two.":
2 2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Victoria says, "Stand."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Ascot uses all his combat pool to duck behind the lawn furniture":
2 2 3 3 4 9 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "He falls back on his butt to avoid the shot."

"Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?" Victoria's voice rang out over the sound of the silenced pistol, it was still quieter than a normal gunshot. A splash of shattered plastic in her vision, the high pitched grind of metal hitting concrete in a ricochette. She had been hit, mentally she knew it, she just refused to register it as pressing. There would be time to be wounded later.

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Body vs TN 5 for "resisting 5D nardoject stun, half impact takes 1 off the power":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Body - 1 vs TN 5 for "resisting D stun KP3/8, apparently I was missing 2 karma.":
2 2 3 5 5 5 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Body - 5 vs TN 5 for "resisting D stun KP5/8, apparently I was missing 2 karma.":
4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 2 of item 1: APDS Ammo (Heavy Pistol) from APDS HP (#10898).
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Light stun it is."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "End of the first round. And now, time for an entirely different matter. This is going to be a different hearing check, to hear something that's happening in a different location from the gunfire and dart-shooting and silenced explosives. Range and walls give this other person a +2, and he is under +4 spirit concealment for +6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 10 for "Enemy stealth, he will be getting a +6, hearing mods only apply, so Victoria's +2 enhanced hearing comes into play.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 9 13
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "TN 19."
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Intelligence vs TN 19 for "Hearing Test. Sure":
2 4 4 8 9 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence + 5 for "Again, +2 to total due to enahced hearing+5 dice due to sound filter.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 5 7 7 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Intelligence for "no hearing mods":
1 1 3 3 4 5
«Plot After The Fact» The players don't know it, but this run had a variable payout. The attack that they are facing from three NPC runners looking to kidnap Aisha Shalon is mostly a distraction. Oh, it's serious enough and would have succeeded if the characters were not there but it's really a dodge. This right here is the character's chance to spot the high end stealth expert using the cover of the fight to sneak in through the window to Ted Shalon's personal office and install a data tap and bug on his personal home computer. If they had spotted it, opened the 'locked' door, and headed into Ted Shalon's office, they would have had a conflict with a very very scary physical adept with katana and other weapons - but whether or not they won or lost, they would have interrupted him in the process of setting the data tap and known that he was there which means no matter what, the data tap would be found immediately afterwards. That physical adept would have been scary enough to justify a 50k payout. But they chose not to spend karma and shoot for a lucky roll.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Nobody hears it. Totally cool. We continue to round 2."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 for "+8 thylacine":
3 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+6 ascot":
4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1 for "+4 Cat":
1
«Plot» Victoria says, "Subtract 1 from that, so I get a whole 16."
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine 24, Diego 17, Victoria 16, Ascot 16, Savannah 9, Cat 5"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine: Shoots twice through the hole, more darts."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "tn 5 -2 smartlink +4 cover, conserving combat pool and looking to take her down with a hail of drug":
2 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "tn 5 -2 smartlink +4 cover, conserving combat pool and looking to take her down with a hail of drug +1 recoil":
1 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
Thylacine's skill is not in shooting and it shows… and she's not about to run through that thing and get right up in Victoria's face.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego, at the music room door."
«Plot» Diego says, "Holding Action"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, 16"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 7 for "Here shooter shooter shooter.":
4 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 7 for "Here shooter shooter shooter. Shot 2":
3 4 4 10 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 2 of item 1: APDS Ammo (Heavy Pistol) from APDS HP (#10898).
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Thylacine dodges":
1 3 3 4 4 10 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "She doesn't roll to her butt, she's too skilled for that."

Victoria was still dancing, if nothing else she was buying time. And possibly scaring the shit out of her opponents, she was putting back accurate fire. "It's easier than puttin' up a fight."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ascot, also shoots. Like for the other, it's tn 7 then tn 8"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7:
1 2 2 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Dodge":
1 2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 3 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Dodge KP6/8":
1 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 3 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Dodge KP8/8":
4 5 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Well dodged."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "second shot":
3 5 5 7 = 0 Successes

Ascot was sure he had her, but it's that singing! Even in the silence spell it gets to him!

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Savannah on 9."
«Plot» Savannah says, "Command elementals with simple, speak with a simple."
«Plot» Savannah says, "Command to the elementals is to take physical form in the backyard and use great form power to create high winds. Turn that into tornado alley."

Ok, this is annoying. Savannah's eyes narrow as she watches bullets and darts zip back and forth from the invisible intruders that are out there some where. She directs the two air elementals with a wave of her hand, "Be dears and show those in the backyard the power of the winds?" She sends the commands both verbally and with her will, calling out in a clear voice to those out that way, "SURRENDER NOW!" She is nothing if not direct.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) uses 2 of item 2: Great Form F4 Air Elemental from Services (#1242).
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) uses 2 of item 6: Great Form F5 Air Elemental from Services (#1242).

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Cat will attempt to counter! Simple action to command her city spirit to attack! It will attack astrally!

Ready for their mistresses' command, the air spirits dutifully head out to the patio through the walls. People, lawn furniture, and a swimming pool, those are great conditions for a waterspout tornado! Unfortunately, there's an annoying spirit in the way. The City spirit could actually hurt them. So the spiritual slap-fight is on!

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "basic astral combat, please crush me, not counting friends in melee because Cat is there":
1 1 2 2 5 7 11 15 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 (air.elemental) + 4 (ACP) vs TN 4 for "Air Elemetal defends.":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 (air.elemental) + 4 (ACP) - 1 vs TN 4 for "Air Elemetal defends. karma reroll":
4 5 5 5 9 10 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "soaking with body against D damage":
4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
With a burst of furious activity, the city spirit batters itself against the air elemental! He looks to be doing well at first, until the air elemental looks up and remembers, "Hey, I'm great form. I'm giant size!" He proceeds to crush the way he properly should.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Whew! Glad that's over. Second pass, Thylacine, on 14."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "first shot on victoria":
2 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "second":
1 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
Ranging, rounding, aiming, shooting! This gunfire stuff is harder than it looks. She much prefers hand to hand, but she can't run in there with all that crap and if she does run in there and crosses the domain into Hearthsville, she won't be Concealed any more!

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego"
«Plot» Diego says, "Holding action! Keeping an eye on people! Especially Aisha!"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, second pass, on 6"
«Plot» Victoria says, "I am taking down that bloody door that keeps me from hitting. Courtesy of a good shoulder, or a jump kick."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "You are running out amongst them?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "It's a complex action to bust through that area and you leave it busted."
«Plot» Victoria says, "If my momentum carries me into the yard yes."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The gamemaster asks 'are you sure?'"
«Plot» Victoria says, "Right, forgot she will get another pass. Hmm, next time."
«Plot» Victoria says, "Continue wasting my expensive ammo!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 9 for "Forgot my wound pens last time. But no harm no foul. Shot one.":
2 2 3 4 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Pistols vs TN 9 for "Forgot my wound pens last time. But no harm no foul. Shot two.":
1 1 1 3 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 vs TN 4 for "Thylacine did already use 6 cp to dodge, she needs to get both to sneak away":
1 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 vs TN 4 for "kp 1":
2 4 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "It's not enough. 9m apds."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 6 for "armor jacket is 5 down to 3 against 9m apds":
3 4 4 5 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "She takes light, and is out of karma."
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 2 of item 1: APDS Ammo (Heavy Pistol) from APDS HP (#10898).

Victoria continued to spend ammunition in a rather ineffectual exchange of fire between her and the enemy team. And then the tell tale movement of a hit target, the splatter of blood. "No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ascot, second pass, 6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 7 for "he's actually using combat pool, see, first shot":
1 2 3 5 5 11 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Dodge, two CP left.":
3 5 5 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for "he's actually using combat pool, see, second shot":
2 3 3 4 5 10 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Dodge, two CP left.":
3 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine is the only person who goes in the third pass. I look down and I realize that I haven't been enforcing combat reloads. The bad guys should have had to reload their clips right now and missed a shot in there. So Thylacine's first simple will be a combat reload, smartlinking to drop the clip as a free, simple to load the new clip, shoot for the last one."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "tn 7 + light wound":
1 5 7 15 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And you have no dodge and must take it. You have two hit darts this round, and because I am bad and it was my fault, I will do 5D stun at end of turn now instead of adding the two together. Normally, as per the rules in Man and Machine, each multiple dose of a drug in the same turn that gets done at the end of the turn would be +2 to the power, making it 7D. But we will keep it at 5D for my mistake.
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Body vs TN 5 for "resisting D stun.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Victoria says, "No KP left, taking D stun, One box overflow."

Victoria went down, finally, and perhaps in the end ineffectually. Her legs simply just losing it, her voice slurring. "No one cares if you grow…of if you shrink."

Together, Ascot and Thylacine maintain a continuous field of fire. What the crap was it with just using drugs! To be honest, they didn't want to get caught here with illegal weapons. They trust to their wizard to keep them from harm!

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "All right, end of the third round, I think. Savannah's air elementals have had two passes to enter the real world while the city spirit battered at them ineffectively. Being stupidly commanded, the city spirit has successfully killed itself against the air elementals by this time because it took an M wound and then had to attack again. Please roll the initiative for the air elementals in the real world."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 for "+7 thylacine, lightly wounded":
1 2 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 2 for "+6 Ascot":
1 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Diego (#2074) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1 for "+4 cat":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 1 for "+16 F4 GF Air Elemental":
7
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 1 for "+17 F5 GF Air Elemental":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.

The air elementals go before anyone goes. Using their greatform powers, they begin whirling the air around and around, sucking the water into a waterspout, flinging the comparatively light lawn furniture and potted plants and so forth around. The lawn furniture that the evil shadowrunners were hiding behind.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "This is essentially an Accident power. Call it 5L to the three of them against impact."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 2 for "Cat, the frail one":
1 1 2 2 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 2 for "Ascot":
2 3 3 3 4 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 2 for "Thylacine":
2 3 3 3 4 5 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Suffice it to say, then, that they suffer only distraction."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Diego on 17"
«Plot» Diego says, "Holding Action, watching children, making sure nothing happens here."

Diego stands near the children and whomever else was gathered in the room, watching carefully, and listening outside. "Keep calm, it will be over soon, I'm sure the security outside will be in any second."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Thylacine"

Thylacine begins the conversation that so many runners have heard from their teammates when the drek hits the fan. And let me tell you, those air elementals are the very definition of 'fan'. "Pull out!" "No, we can make it!" Recriminations, complaints, the hard-charger trying to go forwards, the cautious one trying to pull back.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ascot, 11. He combat reloads his darts and joins in the conversation."

As the unwounded one who doesn't have a neat APDS hole in him, Ascot (wearing his trademark red ascot over his impeccable executive suit - he's actually dressed for this party) is all for going forwards. However, he does grab Cat, the cat shaman, to keep her from falling in the water as nearly happened. It looks like it'll all be down to her, if she can take out those air elementals.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Savannah, 12"
«Plot» Savannah says, "Call Elementals (Earth x2)"

Frowning at all the noise outside and Victoria doing a faceplant, Savannah reaches out and pulls two more elementals in, Earth this time. Fire is nice, but it is pretty hard on the houses. She murmurs to herself, perhaps a chant or just a few words of encouragement. Nevertheless, a sense of immense weight fills the room a moment, the smell of rich earth the taletell sign that SOMETHING is coming.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Cat on 9."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 + Sorcery Pool: 5 vs TN 8 for "tn 5 for toughest elemental, +2 from being in a gradually forming tornado (held by Ascot), and +1 background count, F6 Deadly Stunball":
1 1 1 2 4 5 7 10 13 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 5 + Sorcery Pool: 5 - 3 vs TN 8 for "kp 1":
2 2 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "3 successes, f6 deadly stunball on the air elementals."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Against 4D stun drain":
4 7 7 9 11 14 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Cat takes light drain, out of karma."
«OOC» Diego says, "All spirits have spell defense equal to force…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 + 2 (KP) + 4 (SP) vs TN 6 for "F4 GF Air Elemental resists 6D stunball. let's try this again":
1 2 2 2 2 4 5 5 8 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 + 2 (KP) + 4 (SP) - 2 vs TN 6 for "F4 GF Air Elemental resists 6D stunball. let's try this again karma reroll kp 5/9":
1 1 1 2 3 3 5 7 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "first elemental clean"
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 + 5 (SP) vs TN 6 for "F5 GF Air Elemental":
2 2 2 3 4 4 4 9 9 10 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "well then. Second elemental also clean."

Cat gathers herself, digs down deep inside, masters her fears and lets out the stunball of her life! Everything looks to be going so well, until the air elementals sort of shake it off themselves along with the waterspout action. Completely unharmed, although baleful in gaze. That's enough to make their decision for them. Ascot is no longer so hard-charging to get in there and try and shoot the enemy mage or whatever. Thylacine, similarly, did not bring elemental fightin' things. They pull back, dragging Cat with them the way that the quick types always pick up the mage when it's time to run like heck.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Do you pursue?"
«Plot» Savannah says, "No. My job is to protect the girl. They are outside, that's security's job"
«OOC» Mr.Terrific assumes Diego wil not because he's been readying at the door all this time.
«Plot» Savannah says, "Zombie Victoria might."

Minutes pass. No further attack comes. Nothing untowards is heard. (Then again, the person with the super-hearing is out cold.) Medical attention is given to prevent any unpleasant overdose and to make sure Victoria isn't lying on broken glass.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Do you have medical skills, tools, or devices to wake up Victoria?"
«Plot» Savannah says, "I have a Medicine Bag, the sixth world's answer to the Magical Biotech kit!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Herbalism for "What's wrong? Is it .. these darts???":
1 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Biotech for "Get up you French Tart!":
2 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls Biotech for "Get up you French Tart! karma":
1 5 5
«Plot» Savannah says, "she looks tired. I may let her sleep." (No successes.)
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Victoria, body or willpower against base TN 2, +4 for Deadly stun, is TN 6"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Body vs TN 6:
1 3 4 4 5 5 5 13 = 1 Success

Savannah checks on Victoria when it is apparent that the bad guys are not interested in coming inside. She'll tell the Air Elementals to calm down and then checks over the French-speaking runner, pulling out the little darts carefully with a pair of kitchen tongs. From there, she'll dig through her medicine bag and mix up a few herbs with some consideration, waving the mixture under Victoria's nose. She hmms softly and says, "Of course, there are a lot of darts here."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So Victoria will wake up in an hour. From here, there is really only one important detail, and Victoria, sadly, can't think of it. Is there anything special you do over the next ten minutes?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?"
«Plot» Savannah says, "I will hide Victoria's Predator and any shell casings I can find. Make her comfortable."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Ding ding ding!"

Diego remains with the kids until security comes in to take over, then he will regroup with the other two runners. "That could have been worse."

"It certainly could have been better as well." Savannah will check on Victoria periodically, dismissing the Watcher if/when security shows up to take over here, though their job is not complete till the girl's father releases them. She'll keep on alert and a watch on the girl until that occurance.

In about ten minutes the cops, Knight Errant and the local security, call out from where they are surrounding the building. Teams of them are actually combing the ground of the gated community, knocking on doors, calling out, clearing houses, dog teams, magic guys, the whole thing. The housekeeper can, with you, let them in. They will come in and sweep the house to make sure no one is hiding, hey will check on the kids, all the parents will be informed, oh my gosh, what a tragedy, isn't it wonderful that they had such great protection? Victoria wakes up lain out in a guest room, actually. Aisha will be at the door, looking on worshipfully but not too close, and all the kids will be looking at the exploded patio door. The cops have examined the darts and given curious looks to the APDS holes in the walls but Ted Shalon comes home in a damn hurry for a tearful (and surprised) reunioin with his daughter.

Pictures are taken of the tornado effect on the pool. The KE mage says, "They obviously had heavy spiritual support. The astral patrol was taken out in force."

(APDS holes in the lawn furniture are somewhat disguised by said lawn furniture being thrown around by tornado effects.)

Savannah will stay out of the nice security people and KE's way, doing her level best to let them do their business without her observation. She guards the girl till the father comes in, talking to the kids and telling them that, unlike the movies, these sorts of things happen. All too often, in fact, and how they should always pay attention to what is going on, every sound or little thing.

Diego has nothing illegal, and honestly did not do anything. So he remains near Sav and Vic, but doesn't say anything unless directly asked, and then he will simply retell what he knows as fact. There were gunshots, explosions, and then it was over.

Victoria fluttered open her eyes after a while with a groan. Bloody darts, her head fuzzy, and her eyes trying to get into focus. A hand suddenly reaching upwards, grasping weakly for something.

Savannah has been pacing from where the kids are, to where Aisha is, to where Victoria is as they wait for the crime scene to be cleared and for Mr. Shalom to release them. Since she's been checking on Victoria she may see the woman waking. But! This elf has seen this person wake up from a shooting before. She waits at the foot of the bed, outside of a comfortable lunge range, and remarks, "Rise and shine."

Diego chuckles at the comment from Savannah, and nods to Victoria. "Senorita, it seems all is well now. You must have done very well before you succumbed to the darts."

Victoria raised her head for a moment, eyes focusing again. Then her head and arm dropping back to the bed, fingers motioning Savvy closer.

Stepping out and to the left, Savannah counters around the bed and waits for Victoria, asking "Yes?" She'll still stay outside of comfortable reach.

Victoria grinned, then she started chuckling. "I could use a hand getting up. My head is still swimming Mademoiselle. Even if again, I get to wake up to an angel."

Shaking her head, Savannah will step forward and offer her left hand to Victoria, remarking "Slowly. You took a pretty bad overdose from the darts and quick movements will make you nauseous."

Ted Shalon arranges for additional personal security very quickly, and gradually, the kids all go home. Aisha also solemnly says, "Thank you," to each of you, and, "It was very good to meet you." Ted says, "Thanks. I'll be sure to express my appreciation through Mr. Kuryakin," when the emergency security team is in place.

Victoria smiled, using Savvy to pull herself up. She wasn't exactly getting anywhere on her own, but she still had her tricks to play. She wasn't the only one going home with trauma. Leaning herself heavily on Savvy, and putting on that oh so fake seductive tone. "* * * * * * * * * * * * * *" (French)

Savannah will thank Mr. Shalon and Aisha as well, "It was my pleasure and honor to be at your party. I only wish that it had gone a little quieter." She nods to them both and will remove herself at their words, letting them get to the onerous duty of cleaning up and dealing with insurance.

Epilog: It won't be for over a year until Ted Shalon's more normal security team and personal deckers happen to notice the bug and data tap that were put on his personal computer in his personal office. And there's really no way to know if this whole attack was just a distraction for that action. The best distractions are real, after all, and must be defended from no matter the true goal.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License