Scuffed Boots
GM: Arachne
Players: Arachne, Air, Knox, Mr. Terrific, Questor, The Wall
Synopsis: Some goods have been stolen! Arachne calls a team together, and they go off to stop some Blackboot thugs from getting the mysterious package back to Denver. Obstacles like basic SIN checks, maglock doors, and then the gang themselves, before managing to get back to Denver without any serious incident.
Date: Saturday Nov 21st 2070

The word has hit the streets, through a variety of sources. Maybe you heard it in a seedy bar, maybe you heard it from a fixer looking to grab you some work, maybe you heard it from the voices in your head. Whatever the case, word is that there's some business that needs to be taken care of. Bad people are doing bad things, and people who don't like seeing bad people doing bad things (or at least, who don't mind taking money to stop them), should be down at The Planetarium. A club in the UCAS sector, at 7pm, tonight.

The club itself is fairly nondescript, but it is also all but deserted tonight. The bouncer isn't letting anyone through who doesn't say the right word (swordfish), and aside from one bored-looking bartender, there is only one other person there.

In a booth at the back of the club, outside of the range of the holographic planets which spin in mimicry of the solar system, is Arachne. Pale, quiet, and nursing a glass of water with ice in it. She looks like she's waiting for people. Which, obviously, she is.

Mr.Terrific is the cautious sort - he shows up early, circles the place, looks for giant glaring traps and hideous surveillance, scads of deadly spirits, that kind of thing. Assuming he finds none, he will clomp on in with a hideyo-ho, his light drawl cocked and ready, and his hat ready to tip.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Perception check please, Mr. Terrific."

Air arrives at the club in a fancy silver BMW, parking it a short distance from the club. Stepping out he walks along towards the front doors, impeccably dressed and turned out. Nodding as he approaches the bouncer he flashes a sparkly teeth smile and murmurs, "Chilly evening isn't it? Swordfish…"
Sidling past him and entering the club he casually walks across the room, winding his way around to the only occupied booth and seats himself without preamble and a nod of acknowledgement to the occupant.

You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Security is pretty high for a club; lots of cameras and maglocks on all entrances, security shutters on windows, that sort of thing. No obvious traps.'.

Questor "Why do these kind of 'meetings' always happen when its time to get some food? " Questor grumbles to himself, approaching the Planetarium, taking a brief look around, stopping for a second, then heading straight to the entrance of the Planetarium, waving a smile at the Bouncer, mumbling something into his direction, and slips into the club. It only takes him a few to spot the joy he is supposed to have err. meet today. Moving in the back of the club, he looks around, taking a seat, not too close, but close enough to the others already there.

Mr.Terrific , having satisfied his paranoia, is only too happy to inquire wordlessly at a chair, and seat him down if so allowed.

A beaten up Jackrabbit coupe with a bad paint job, tinted windows, and sprayed on rust pulls into a spot across from the club. Henry Knox steps out, flicking a cigarette stub onto the pavement and grinding it into the pavement. He makes his way inside, pausing for the bouncer, "I hear the swordfish is very fresh here.", he replies laconically before heading into the club. He gives a curt nod to the individuals seated and sits next to Mr. Terrific at the booth/table/meeting area. "Evening.", he states slowly.

At some point, a troll on a Honda Viking rolls up to the club, and parks it right in front. The troll takes his time hopping off before approaching the bouncer, and says, "I don't care about swordfish or nothin, just don't let anyone touch my ride, or someone gets their arms ripped off," before stepping inside. Just warning.
Once inside, he takes his time gazing around to see who's about, before taking a bar stool for himself and sitting on it, ordering himself a drink, as he waits to see what happens. Sure he could talk to the group of humans and ork, but he'd rather wait and see what happens.

Arachne smiles brightly as the first runners arrive. Everyone is on time! Or even, a little early. This is very good news, and it seems to cheer her right up from whatever malaise she had been in. "Gentlemen." She says, "Please, sit down."

She folds her hands onto the table. "Ordinarily, I would offer to buy you all a drink. But unfortunately, speed is of the essence, and time is something I do not have. So, I will get to the point. A, colleague, of mine, has had a shipment waylaid by a gang of rather unpleasant individuals called The Blackboot Skins." Her smile falters some, a light frown coloring her features as she shakes her head.

"Now, this is a very unfortunate situation. The stolen merchandise is, hard to replace. Very valuable. We have a general location for where it may be found. So, if you wouldn't mind, going and retrieving it for us, we would be very grateful. To the tune of, shall we say."

Those intense eyes peer over each individual in turn, before arriving at the figure, "Fifteen thousand a head. That is fair, no?"

Mr.Terrific nods his head. "Details of package, so we know it if we see it? Special handling instructions besides 'avoid general damage'?

Air listens politely and intently to what the Johnson has to say, turning the words over in his head as he translates it from J-speak to runner-lang. Turning he slowly takes a look over his fellow colleagues assembled at the table.
"Has The Circus played practical joke on me?" He addresses the question to Arachne quietly, though doesn't seem to expect a response, as he turns his head to regard the other runners again, judging something.

Being that the Wall is too big to fit in the booth, he simply takes his drink and pulls up the sturdiest chair he can find and sits himself on the outside of the booth, and sips on his drink. When the woman begins speaking, he just sits quietly, until questions are asked, at which point he volunteers his own question. "What kind of numbers are we looking at?"

Knox frowns, pulls a cigarette from a chromme case and lights the cancer stick. "15,000 isn't much money for something so hard to replace and very valuable. Can you be more charitable to the tune of 25,000?", he asks politely but pointedly, looking into Arachnes eyes.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Negotiation against 6 please, Knox."
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls Negotiation vs TN 6:
1 2 2 3 5 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls Negotiation vs TN 5:
2 3 4 8 8 15 = 3 Successes

Questor shurgs, "well, what kind of merchandise are we talking about ? We should be able to identify it…" he says to the beautiful woman.

Air glances Knox's way with a slight uptwist of one eyebrow, He turns slightly away from Arachne to more easily regard the rest of the runners and relaxes back into the cushioning of the booth seat. Giving off the look of a spectator at this point, while awaiting the results of this negotiation.

Arachne's smile doesn't falter for a moment, responding first to Air. "The Circus plays jokes on everyone, Sir. Or at least, that is what I am given to understand. I hope you do not think I am wasting your time?"

Her eyes move on to Mr. Terrific, "The package is a small thing. Roughly one half meter in length, a leather carrying case. It is locked, and the lock has not been breached yet." A light shrug of her shoulders, "As to the exact number of these individuals… I'm afraid I can't be sure. A few, but I'm sure that men of your caliber will have no trouble with them."

Finally, her eyes fall on Knox. "I'm afraid, however, that fifteen thousand is a fair price. For the amount of effort that you are each likely to expend. I am a reasonable woman, however. If, when the job is completed, you disagree with my assessment… you can tell me why, detail where you faced unexpected difficulties, and I will ask my colleague if he would like to reconsider."

Mr.Terrific imagines a thing of value in a leather carrying case is not going to be something like 'nerve gas' so he assumes that it falls under 'general don't blow it up'. And with that, he is satisfied.

"Ok, fine with me" Questor smiles at Arachne. You can count me in on that.

Air turns back to Arachne and smiles, "No, I was referring to the help." He gestures a hand idly across the table, vaguely indicating the other assembled runners. "Tell me, Ms. Johnson, do you consider that the negotiation for the group as a whole? Some tend to, and I'd rather negotiate my own rate separately." He pauses and then ponders, "Perhaps that could be left to deal with upon completion then."

Knox's cigarette bobs up at down from the corner of his mouth as he speaks. "Well that's unfortunate, I appreciate your willingness to work, but I have expensive tastes. You can rely on my professionality in keeping this meeting utterly discreet. But-", he puffs on his cigarette, "I'm afraid this opportunity is not for me." He gestures to Mr. T and Air, "You have excellent resources however, worry not." He slowly buttons his peacoat getting ready to leave.

The Wall turns his eyes towards Air for a moment, and says, "I don't see what it is that makes you entitled to a separate negotiation from the rest of us." He shrugs and glances at the lady, "I on the other hand am perfectly willing to take the job. I need the rep more than the cash, but a bonus afterwards wouldn't be too bad if we did the job nice, right?"

Air shrugs an idle shoulder to the Wall, "That, my friend, is because you don't know who I am."

"Please, call me Arachne." The woman says to Air, before she nods, sympathetically, to Knox. "That's your prerogative." She says, "I'm sorry, but, I wish you luck earning twenty five thousand this evening, Sir."

She smiles brightly to the assembled others. "Well. To put it simply, I believe more in the, fair exchange of goods for services. If you would like to discuss your fee with me personally, then you may do so after the goods have been delivered."

A small datachip is produced from somewhere about her person, and laid on the table. "This contains the location of the goods, and my personal contact details. When you have them, you can contact me, and we can arrange somewhere to meet and exchange money and goods." Air's casual arrogance… well, she just expects this from runners, really, so she doesn't comment on it.

Mr.Terrific personally is, in the vernacular, waiting to be impressed. But since he himself is the lamest wizard he knows, he sees no need to put on airs. If this other guy is so awesome, that means he can lay back and play the kind of expert support role he considers himself good at. That's how the magic works. When it's his turn, he'll slot the datachip on his pocsec and get and share the details as needed.

Questor nods "We shouldnt loose too much time here, i understood its an urgent matter". Questor waves to Mr. T to be prepared to share the info. Turning to Arachne he says "This isnt your club, isnt it" while he waves her a brief smile and moves towards Mr.T..

Air inclines his head politely to Ms. J, his arrogance apparently only extending to other runners. "So, should I assume our friends cut of fifteen will be extended across the rest of us?" He shifts around the booth to extricate himself after asking, awaiting the answer, but prepared to move off at any point.

Mr.Terrific slots the chip and displays for all unless Air has a portable holographic projector.

Wall leans in to glance at the contents on display, before nodding and smirking and gesturing to Questor, "The man has a point. With our friend gone, you could easily bring the fee to… I dunno… 20K?"

Knox smiles like a shark on his way out, "Luck has nothing to do with it, but I hope your package gets secured.", he claps Mr T's shoulder on the way out.

The woman shakes her head to Air, "I'm afraid not." She says, her lip twitching up a little in, momentarily, a rather self-satisfied way. "As the gentleman says, this is not my club. I was going to have to sacrifice some personal funds in order to pay for this meeting. Now, happily, I can have my expenses paid. Given that the individuals involved in this incident are little more than skinhead thugs, I doubt the loss of one team member will register notably. Though such things can, of course, be discussed *after* you have completed the job."

Arachne stands up, then, meaningfully.

The information on the chip is fairly basic, a large red dot located in the middle of a town called Limon, about two hours car drive from the UCAS sector. And of course, Arachne's phone number and trixmail address. Also, handily, a photo of a leather carrying case.

Air curls a lip slightly as he tucks another bit of information about the johnson away. Rwaching into his jacket with his left hand he withdraws a chip and taps it onto the table for Arachne with a glance. Then he turns and gives his attention to the group. "Limon? Hmm, since time is short I suggest we head out and find a place there to plan. If anyone not troll sized needs a ride, I have some empty seats."

Mr.Terrific saith, "That would be me. I can make a few calls from the car."

Mr.Terrific pages: is that over the border?
You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Outside the bounds of the metroplex? Yes, though not by much.'.
Mr.Terrific pages: Are we crossing a border and giving our SINs?
Questor says "I will take the offer. Might take me a while to walk and i may need new shoes after that, so, thanks :)."
You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Yes'.

Mr.Terrific says "One last thing. Will the contents of the case give us any special problems going over the border?"

The Wall glances once more at the information, before simply nodding and saying, "Why not. A bunch of skin heads shouldn't be a problem. Easy money I say." He does sort of glare at Air who mentions the size of the vehicle, before saying, "I've got my own ride, but we'll need to rendezvous some ways away from the location." He then pauses for a moment, before asking, "Which of you lot can do Recon?"

At Mr. Terrific's question, Arachne nods her head, "Oh, it might." She says, rather, non-committal. "But if it seems like you are going to be unable to pass the border security check yourself… I can probably arrange something for you."

"Border crossing support may be welcome for me. I dont travel alot usually", Questor nods. Turning to the Wall, "im quite clumsy to scout in person, but there are other means to look through a wall, ya know" he almost giggles.

Air clears his throat and returns Wall's look placidly, "We all learn how to deal with borders our own ways. If we can't find a way we can always call, I assume?" He refers the question to Arachne, as he buttons up his suit jacket against the cold outside.

Arachne smiles cheerfully, "Of course. My phone line is always open." She says, "I wish you all good luck in this. As I say, though, I'm certain that you will not need it." That said, she picks up her glass, and drains the last of the water in it. Good, clean water is hard to find, after all!

Mr.Terrific arises, sketches a bow and a smile, and says to Arachne, "A pleasure to have made your acquaintance." With that, he is only too happy to make his way out to the graciously offered automobile.

The Wall stands up and takes the time to adjust his coat, before nodding, "Then let's get it done. If the headcount is low, we can take them down with a few good shots. If the headcount is high, we're gonna need to thin the numbers a little."
He then nods at Mr. T and Questor, "Astral is good, enough for a decent headcount anyway."

Questor carefully watches Arachne emptying her glass of water. "Somethings special with her" he thinks to himself and smiles. "Or with me" then he looks at the others, and gestures with a smile "Lets get moving", heading out of the club to the offered ride.

Air heads out towards the door, sweeping ahead of the group if given the space to. "I'll pick up from Monaco Parkway and Alameda Avenue, in the CAS sector. I can drive you to the CAs if you need, but I'm coillecting a different vehicle." He explains his plan in brief as he walks, turning, once outside, towards his silver beamer.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, we're going to fast-forward over collecting gear, changing
vehicles, etc etc. Unless anyone strenuously objects to anyone else, just give me a rundown
(in plot or ooc) of what you are grabbing and where it is being stored on the journey, then
I'll do another sceneset for Border Check to UCAS Proper."

Mr.Terrific makes the pickup - but he uses the time to make a call to some ganger friends of his. "Hey, need a quickie. Looking for the low-down on the skinheahd gang in Limon. What's their colors? What do they wear? In case I shoot one I gotta know it's the right one, and just some bald-headed geezer."

«Plot» Air switches to his Land Rover (too many mods to list #7460). Carries properly
licensed sidearm and a stun baton. Two concealed knives and current +equipped armor.

«OOC» Wall says, "Sword, Ares Alpha w/Grenade Launcher, Ares Pred 3, Black scorpion,
Concussion grenades and mini grenades."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Etiquette:
4 4 10
«OOC» Questor says, "standard gear (ares pred 1, thomhawk, tiffani Needler) +equipped
armor, expendable health foci, mothers ring, pocket secretary, mobile phone…) . For the
ares i may need some trick?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific is wearing legal armor (secure lined coat, secure jacket) and has a
helmet that he doesn't wear in public. Concealed pistol, baton, pocsec.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Right, only big problem so far is the Ares Alpha. As an assault
rifle, you are going to need to hide it in Air's car, if he'll let you… as it is going to
be fairly obvious if you are riding through the checkpoint on a motorcycle with it."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette + 1 (specific) + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for
"KP3/31 AR toolkit":
3 3 3 4 5 5 10 16 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette + 1 (specific) + Karma Pool: 2 - 5 vs TN 4 for
"KP4/31 AR toolkit":
2 5 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Grey Market vs TN 4 for "Comp":
1 2 2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Air says, "1000 nuyen, toolkit for A/R's ordered from Rod Hackney."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation vs TN 7 for "Nego":
1 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 vs TN 8 for "Contacts":
2 2 3 4 9 10 17 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 - 3 vs TN 8 for "Contacts":
1 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 7 - 3 vs TN 8 for "Contacts":
1 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Air says, "1100 nuyen"

«Plot» Arachne says, "So, in the final analysis: Questor + Mr. Terrific + Air in one car,
Wall on bike, and I get to posing."

«Plot» Air ensures that anything dodgy, like melee weapons are well hidden in the vehicle
before boerder crossing.
"Out that way? Got no fraggin' clue, bud. Not my jurisdiction. But, there's a skinhead gang, The Blackboots? They all wear old leathers and they ain't got no truck with no metas, neither. All human. All white. Racial supremacy thing. Bunch of scummers."
And so, the intrepid Runners set off on their quest to reobtain shady merchandise under shady circumstances from bad people!

The road is relatively busy, it is Saturday Night after all, and a lot of people are heading out of the Metroplex or heading into it. There's a small tailback at the border, and a couple of security officers doing the usual SIN-check on the way out, just to make sure everyone is legit. One person has been pulled over and is being searched in more detail by a guy in security armor, but for the most part, it looks like speed is the name of the game.

Mr.Terrific says, "That's exactly what I was asking! Thanks much, and I'll treat ya next time I sees ya." Now we have a basic make on the gang, just to be sure. Old leathers. Maybe even real leathers, to boot.

Air is the designated driver for three quarters of this run team, and his land rover is completely decked out, equipped for heavy off roading. He doesn't use the rigger black box in there though, driving simply with datajack. The radio plays some soft alt rock station as he pulls into the queue. "Just hand over your ID and don't talk unless they ask you something. And for frag sake don't smile at them." He murmurs to the others in the vehicle with him.

Mr.Terrific is only too happy to follow this instruction in the deadpan, and will wait to engage in, like, actual introductions until we are over the border.

Starting to wave a smile towards Air from the back for the landrover, Questors smile dies the second Air ends his instructions for the border crossing.

The Wall surprisingly manages to get through the checkpoint unimpeded. He holds up his UCAS SIN and allows the officers to check thoroughly.

======================> SIN Information for Air (#8050) <======================
SIN: CAS-08050-000CM7-0007A7-576
Name: Ragnar 'Felix' Johansson
Rating: 7
Created: Wed May 20 10:23:16 2009
Player: Air (#8050)
GM Note: Upgraded to R7.
GM Note: (Thu Nov 18 01:28:44 2010) Air has a 'Professional Permit' under his fake sin
of CAS-08050-000CM7-0007A7-576 (Ragnar 'Felix' Johansson), as of 05/20/09.


=====================> SIN Information for Wall (#3932) <======================
SIN: UCAS-03932-000ESO-00078F-KN4
Name: Kenneth Marx
Type: Real
Created: Sat May 2 09:01:40 2009
Player: The Wall (#3932)


«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) has the Fake SIN SDK-06955-000QQ3-0007KO-R2H (Questor
Saphros) with the following information:
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
====================> SIN Information for Questor (#6955) <====================
SIN: SDK-06955-000QQ3-0007KO-R2H
Name: Questor Saphros
Rating: 2
Created: Fri Sep 4 15:19:46 2009
Player: Questor (#6955)


----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
==================> SIN Information for Mr.Terrific (#7242) <==================
SIN: CAL-07242-000WST-0008IQ-SWV
Name: Rahne Levtron
Type: Real
Created: Fri Aug 20 23:43:07 2010
Player: Mr. Terrific (#7242)


«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 vs TN 7 for "Air":
2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 vs TN 2 for "Questor":
2 3 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 2 vs TN 3 for "Questor's SIN":
4 5 = 2 Successes

The security guard does not look like a happy man. "SINs." He says, holding his hand out, and taking Air's first, then Mr. Terrific's, and finally Questor's. He checks each in turn.

Ragnar 'Felix' Johansson: Pass.

Rahne Levtron: Pass.

Questor Saphros: …

Wall gets a bit of a harder time of it. The security officer he gets looks pretty irritated, "SIN." He demands, giving the troll a look up and down. Followed by a sneer. "Fine. Go on through."

The security officer on the main car's gate is starting to look more and more irritated, starting to tap and poke and prod at his scanner…

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence (to Arachne) for "It's taking just that bit
too long, huh?":
1 1 2 3 3 5 7 9
You paged Air with 'Well, it isn't flashing red yet, so it looks like he's probably just going to up the level and do another scan on this one.'.

Air scratches his chin and accepts his ID back gratefully. When the last scan is taking that tiny little bit longer than it needs to he begins to get nervous. Of course he maintains the cool exterior and twists his head to regard the border guard. "You guys get paid overtime? Looks like a real busy day." He has suddenly adopted a CAS accent too, trying to fit in with the image.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Give me a negotiations check, Air."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Against 4"
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 4 for "KP5/31":
1 3 3 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 1 - 3 vs TN 4 for "KP6/31":
1 3 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Air stands.
«Plot» Arachne says, "(For my notes, he would normally be suspicious, but Air and Mr.
Terrific have /really/ convincing SINs…)"

Mr.Terrific was told not to smile, and does not.

The officer nods to Air, looking vaguely frustrated for a moment. Then he pulls the fake SIN out of his machine. "Not nearly enough." He mutters, vaguely. Gathering the three together, he passes them back through the window to the group. "Damn machines get overheated if you use them too much. You guys have a good trip, y'hear?"

Air nods back to him, "You guys don't work yourselves too hard now." And then he's pulling away from the checkpoint carefully, passing the IDs back around silently.

Questor still sits calmly back in the car, and takes back his SIN. "That could have evolved into an interesting thingy. Convincing work Air." he mumbles to the front of the car, this time not really smiling.

Mr.Terrific comlinks as needed to get Wall in on conversation. "We'll need to be careful on the way back. Okay, now, as we head into town; mostly shaved heads, mostly wearing old leathers, and we can count on them to pick a fight with any troll who happens to drive by on a motorcycle, giving us a fine reason to beat them down, interrogate them, find out where their hideaway is, and so forth."
Mr.Terrific comlinks, "And speaking of which, I don't know if I introduced myself. I'm Mister Terrific - the name's from the old comic books. I do magic and I put people to the question.

Wall groans and shakes his head, "Oh sure, let the troll be the bait to those skin heads…" He scracthes his head, as he comms back to the group. "Call me the Wall. A pleasure. Now let's find those punks so I don't have to be bait for too long."

Commlink-Lucky> Air's radio voice is the electronic voice of a transduced signal, "You can
call me Lucky. I'd personally rather negotiate or intimidate our way to the goods, I may just
be unorthodox."

Questor comm "Well, you can call me Questor. Thats my name. I can do some sparkling, err magic as well, and i feel comfortable when i have some friends around me. Friends mundanes usally cant see".

«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, skip me for a round or two whilst you chat and plan. I'll
interrupt with a pose for the city when I get bored. >_>"

Mr.Terrific says, in answer to Air, "I see nothing wrong with negotiation and intimidation - we just have to find someone first."

Commlink-Lucky> Air squawks what a transducer thinks is a chuckle. It's a horrible sound.
"You guys have to earn your pay somehow, you work that out."

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "I -did- suggest someone do recon."

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "You don't go into a potential hot-zone without knowing more
about it."

Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "Well, Mr.T and me can go scouting when we are close to the
target - but we may want stop moving when we do so"

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Would like to put my Alpha back together too…. Though it
could be over-kill."

Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "Because losing your meatbody sucks."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Noted, we'll get there and park up somewhere nice and secluded."

Mr.Terrific gets out his binoculars. "Okay, first order of business. Spot some of these guys. Shaved heads, old leathers, and they'll make bad faces at Mister Wall."

Welcome: To Limon.

The town of Limon may be a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the Denver Metroplex, but it is still a town, full of all the things that a town entails. Groups of people out drinking, screaming and fighting in the streets, wild dogs, fire, all the good, usual stuff.

Things get marginally more civilized as one approaches the center of town, the buildings become less cracked and broken, the streets more well paved and the people less drunken and psychotic.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Intelligence:
1 5 5 8 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "KP7":
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 7 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 5 5 20

Driving around at random would not normally be the best way to find a group of people.

However, despite it being Saturday Night, there is a conspicuous absence of leather-clad goombas roaming the streets looking for trouble.

Eventually, after about fifteen minutes driving in the center of town, almost as one, the group spies a group of a dozen identical motorcycles parked by a hotel (Deluxe Rest).

Air, Mr. Terrific, and Questor all notice the white supremacy tags on two of them.

Questor, however, notices that at a fifth floor window, there's a shaven head leant up against it, pressing at the glass. The window is open, and there's some smoke (as from cigarettes) coming from it.

Air continues to drive on by, making as if he's looking for a place to stay. Like that hotel. He doesn't pull into that one though, too many bikers.

Mr.Terrific uses his eyes what can see, looking for the basic astral security. Spirits on guard? Is it on a spirit patrol route? Or nothing in particular on the magical scene?

Wall peers as he drives by the hotel, and arches an eyebrow, before comming to the others, "Who wants to bet those bikes belong to our friends? I'm gonna find some place save to put my ride."
"Slow down" Questor almost shouts to the front of the car. "I see something that you dont see and the has no hair on its head. Actually in the fifth floor in the building over there. I think we found what are looking for.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Give me a second Perception check, Terrific."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 3 5 13
You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Local BG count is 2, no other magical disturbances that you can make out here.'.
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "No magic on the outside that I can see. Typical
Denver abattoir of a background count."
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "There could be Magic inside, unless they're anti-magic -and-
anti-meta."
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "You speak the truth."
After Questor spotted the skinhead, he concentrates on it for a second and his eyes seem to sparkle somehow - but no, that was probably just your imagination.

Air just keeps on driving, despite Questors shouting. "Finding a place to stay." His search then switching to hotels with car parking.
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 4 4 5 5

Mr.Terrific , it must be mentioned, had no sparklies when he looked, and that is because hermetic wizards are just better than shamans.

«OOC» Arachne says, "Anyway! Feel free to pose parking up somewhere nearby. It's a fairly
middle-class part of town, there's a carpark not far away and plenty of street space."

Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "I saw no magic when we passed by. But anyway, these things are tricky to see sometimes."

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Let's just get set up first."

Air pulls along the block, around a corner and slides the Land Rover into a car park easily. "Alright, parking here. You can go do your recon."

The Wall pulls in to the hotel car park not far from the land rover, and climbs off. "So, if Questor's right, we've got Skins on the fifth floor of that hotel. I counted twelve bikes, so we're definitely gonna need to thin them out."

Mr.Terrific says to Questor, "Don't get caught." And with that, he leans back in the back seat, closes his eyes, and is gone from his body, to go sail around that thar hotel. Doesn't enter it - he's looking for wards, spirits, ivy on walls, that kind of thing. Then he'll go in through the cook's entrance and work his way up from there.

Air knows how the magical ones work when they project, he doesn't move the land rover at all.

Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "Ok, Mr.T, let see if you are able to move without using your
body. Oh well, hes already on his way." Then he closes his eyes, and seems to be "gone"."

«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, you two give me perception checks."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence:
1 4 7 9 10 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 4 4 11

You paged (Mr.Terrific, Questor) with 'There's some moss and algae growing on the walls, and a nasty mould on the roof. More importantly, the room that Questor noted, has had very minor wards put in on each of the four walls, visible as a vaguely tangible red shimmering field. Nowhere else in the hotel has any magical security to speak of.'.

To (Arachne, Mr.Terrific), Questor pages: someone still at the window i can see ?
You paged (Mr.Terrific, Questor) with 'Yeah, there's a guy standing leant against the window you can make out through the ward, but not very clearly. He's not magically active.'

To (Arachne, Questor), Mr.Terrific pages: I do not bust the wards, but I do track where the other people are in the building, where they walk, are any skinheads outside, going to the restroom, shooting pool downstairs in the hotel, and so on. I devise us pathways that we could use to get in and get out given standard hotel security.

You paged (Mr.Terrific, Questor) with 'It is next to impossible to tell who is who on the astral. Nobody walking around is magically active, you can tell that much. There's a total of 8 people in 'staff' places or not in rooms in the building. If you want to get his signature you are going to have to assense him, Questor. Ditto with anyone else. Are you checking every room for guests?'.

The wall takes a moment to glance at his equipment, and puts forth a query to Air, "Hey Lucky, what do you say? Overkill, or no overkill?" Referring to his currently disassembled Alpha, which he had brought as a precautionary measure.

To (Arachne, Mr.Terrific), Questor pages: assensing then
To (Arachne, Mr.Terrific), Questor pages: but just the guy on the window

Air scratching his head 'Lucky' glances over and then shakes it. "Too built up. Cops would be up our hoops in seconds."
You paged (Mr.Terrific, Questor) with 'Okay, give me a check.'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Intelligence (to Arachne):
1 1 2 3 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Aura Reading (to Arachne):
1 1 1 2 2 8
You paged (Mr.Terrific, Questor) with 'You can't get a clear reading through the barrier.'.
Mr.Terrific comes back down and wakes up while Questor is out. He uses a freeware cad/cam program to make a simple three dimensional holomap of the building. "Here's the entrances and exits, here's where the staff are, here's where normal people congregate. I didn't go into any rooms because I don't want to wake up a wizard who will see me. " He touches a red glowing room. "This is where the gang is. There is a minor ward around the outside of the room so we can't just sail in. And we can't effectively cast powerful spells from the outside to in - they will be shielded - like shooting through a wall.. you can do it but not really well."
Mr.Terrific says "I think they are planning what to do with their big haul. I do not think that they will react to negotiation if we open that door unannounced."

Air pages: This town, from the look of it, does it have a solid police force?
You paged Air with 'There were some police around where people were drinking, which implies they have some presence. Hard to say more than that.'.

Air ponders, speaking in normal voice rather than using comms, since Terrific is in the back seat, "Get a fix on the back door? Reckon we could just walk up the back way?"

"Im back" Questor says starting to smile. He likes being in the astral world. "Ah, Mr T. you are already on it, yes that looks good, good painting skills. Well, roomservice anyone?" Questor giggles.

Wall blinks when Terrific wakes up, and considers for the moment the situation as it's being told, before getting his Black Scorpion, Predator, and Sword out of the trunk of the car. "If they're planning on what to do with the package, then Negotiating probably ain't an option. We're just gonna need to hit them hard and fast."

Questor says "We could also try to motivate them to leave the room somehow. Well, i have another idea as well, we that would require some of the gangers to be strolling around in the building or even outside.

Wall glares at Questor on that, "Please don't tell me we're going back to the 'use the troll as bait' plan.

Mr.Terrific shows where to go on the map. "We can basically walk right up. Normal cameras will see us, but then, we have just as much a right to be there as anyone else."

Mr.Terrific says "Actually, my current plan was to turn either you or Lucky here invisible, have you crash the wards on the way in, and beat the crap out of them."

Mr.Terrific says "My invisibility spell should hold up against that ward."

Questor says "do we have some kind of nerve gas and can build a little suprise package ?"

Air shrugs at this point and mumbles something under his breath. Turning to the others he shrugs, "I've done the invisible thing before. That works for me. That means I don't have to find the camera recording equipment afterwards too."

Air pages: 2 force 4 elementals are now on the astral awaiting my commands. One Earth, one Air.

Mr.Terrific says "I can really only turn one person invisible in this background count. You, Questor?"

Mr.Terrific says "So, when we follow you two in, we'll be seen on camera. Lucky, do you have the skills to track down the camera room, maybe disable it on the way up?"
Mr.Terrific points out the room on his map.

Air looks a little confused, "You want to come along despite sustaining a spell? I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to disable security then."

Questor says "I can make one person invisible, i doubt i can do more;"

Mr.Terrific says "I do. I am, in fact, on the team. As much as I would like to not even come in, and as much as I am sure you can handle anything in the room, smart money says I can help a lot more if I am closeby. Like I said, I'm an interrogation specialist. If we get there and the item is not there with them all around it, I can question them for it."

Mr.Terrific says "So - I'll do Lucky, you do the wall, they handle security on the way up so we can follow, they lead the way in the door. I'm sure our invisibility spells will crash that ward."

Wall raises a hand up, and suggests, "I've got a suggestion… How about send Lucky in Invisible to the security room, by himself. Once he's disabled, I can come in after. That way were don't have two magic guys wasting energy?
Mr.Terrific says "Good enough."
Mr.Terrific says "Remember that you can be heard, but not seen. People will see doors opening, too."
«OOC» Arachne says, "For reference - security room is on the bottom floor, bad guys are on
the fifth floor. Just so you are all aware of that."

Mr.Terrific says "Cameras and recordings will never see you, but a person LOOKING at a camera while it is pointed at you has a chance to break the spell just like he would if you walked by him."

Questor says "I could also use a spirit to crush the ward; should work too.."

Mr.Terrific says "You may want to do that before it is ward-crushing time. And on that note…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "Target:
Lucky with Force 6 Improved Invisibility - target number 4+2=6 with background count.":
1 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

Air just shrugs and smiles, "I like the Wall's suggestion. Makes things simple."

The Wall opens his mouth, then closes it, as he mutters, "I'm not gonna pretend to understand how looking at a camera looking at invisible you will break the spell…"

Mr.Terrific tells the Wall, "I went to wizard school for 6 years to figure that out."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "target
number 4 +1 for background count of 2.":
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 21 = 4 Successes
Mr.Terrific takes no drain, opens his eyes, looks at Lucky. "Can you guys see him?"

Wall pauses for a moment, staring at Lucky, before suddenly going wide eyed, "Holy crap he's gone." He then starts looking about wildly, "Where the hell did he go? That magic is great!"

Mr.Terrific assenses for his own damn spell, which doesn't seem to have linked to Lucky - nothing to sustain. And he himself can see him, which happens sometimes but not most of the time. "Go back to Juliaard."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "Target:
Lucky with Force 6 Improved Invisibility - target number 4+2=6 with background count. - this
time with feeling":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
Questor falls down at the floor laughing: "Yeah, 6 years hermetic school i guess"

Air scratches the top of his head and just shakes it, pushing the door of the van open and stepping out, he moves to head around. Wandering to the back door to get a bit more of his gear.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "target
number 4 +1 for background count of 2. going against 5m drain.":
3 4 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 - 3 vs TN 5 for "KP:1
because I don't want to be tiredtarget number 4 +1 for background count of 2. going against
5m drain.":
1 2 2 3 5 = 1 Success

Seems to be continuing his act, holding a hand over his eyes, "Lucky, where did you go? Luckyyy?" As though searching.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "Target:
Lucky with Force 6 Improved Invisibility - target number 4+2=6 with background count. - Holy
Freaking …":
2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 6 for "KP:2 so
as not to suck so bad":
1 2 2 3 3 3 7 23 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 - 3 vs TN 5 for
"target number 4 +1 for background count of 2. going against 5m drain.":
3 4 4 5 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Arachne says, "Why the -3 there?"
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "because I used the wrong command scrolling up through my
commands."
«OOC» Arachne thumbsup!
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 vs TN 5 for "target number 4 +1 for background
count of 2. going against 5m drain.":
1 3 4 = 0 Successes
Mr.Terrific finally manages to latch a spell onto Lucky, although it takes him several tries and even makes his hands shake a bit. But this one's for keeps, as they say - he really is pretty damn gone from view.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "At final count, force 6, 4 successes."
Wall suddenly blinks as Air disappears, "oh, hey, he's gone."
«Plot» Arachne nods. "And, L stun."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I take it like a Texan."

Mr.Terrific imagines, in his own head, that Air must be like, totally chipped, dipped, and whipped and his hideous cyberzombie status is what is shedding the magic. It's not true - that's only for healing spells - but he likes to imagine it. The psychologist part of him informs him that that's called 'projection.'

Air was just picking up a troll rated stun baton as he blinks out of view. Shame that. Sticking it into his jacket he checks his pistol and then collects an electronics kit, rolling it up and pocketing that. Standing up he switches back to using transduced comms, «Time for a little action then.» And with that he saunters off towards the hotel, very unhurried.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, Air, toss me a stealth check for getting through the door
unnoticed."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth:
5 5 10 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Security vs Invis":
3 5 5 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Front Door vs Invis":
1 1 2 5 = 0 Successes

The Wall watches as Air walks off, or rather watches where he thinks he's walking off, before asking, "Is he there yet?"

Questor shurgs towards Mr T. "Ok, that one was quite a good one, that should work". While Air is heading to the hotel, Questor checks his gear, getting ready.

Nobody at the front desk seems to notice Air's arrival. Whether that is because of his sneaking or because of the spell, it is hard to tell. But either way, Air is soon standing in the hotel lobby. A bored-looking receptionist is doing her nails, a lone security guard is watching the door, and there is a staff-only entrance nearby. Beyond the staff-only entrance is the security room, with all the monitors and another guard.

«Plot» Air says, "Do I need a security pass card for the door?"
«Plot» Arachne says, "Not for the staff door, the security door is keycard protected, yes."
«Plot» Air says, "Examine the security guard out here for where he keeps his."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Pretty easy to spot; around his neck."
«Plot» Air grumbles. Moving on.
«Plot» Air heads through the door and tries something the right kind of stupid, knocks on
the security room door.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, second stealth check for evading the dreaded closed door in
plain sight."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth:
2 2 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "KP8":
2 3 3 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth for "KP10":
1 2 3 14
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 22 (to no one) for "Guard check":
2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 22 (to no one) for "Guard check":
1 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 22 (to no one) for "Secretary check":
3 4 7 8 = 0 Successes
Commlink-Lucky> Air grumbles to himself, and the transducer transmits it, "* * ***." It
sounds foreign.

Air examines the security guard to see if his passcard is easily pickpocketted and decides against it. Quickly checking the receptionist and security guard are looking the other way he slips through the staff only door and moves on. Sidling up to the security room door he checks all around and then bangs the door quite loudly, once. Less of knocking, as hitting once.

For a moment, there is silence.

And then, suddenly, the door is being opened by a guard who has a Colt Manhunter leveled out on the empty corridor in front of him. This lasts a fraction of a second before he holds the gun up, looking honestly perplexed. "What the frag…"

«Plot» Air says, "Look like there's more than one guard in there?"
«Plot» Arachne says, "Nope"
«Plot» Air jams his stun baton down his throat.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, roll your attack"
«Plot» Arachne is going to count him as automatically surprised because, whuh?
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Clubs + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "13M base and 8S shock
topping.":
1 1 1 2 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 9 17 = 9 Successes
«Plot» Air stands.
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Instinctual flailing":
1 1 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + 6 vs TN 8 for "14D base, -6 light sec. armor +
helmet":
1 2 2 2 4 4 4 5 9 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "And the shock":
4 4 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 10:
1 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Guard takes the hit, is barely conscious, falls over"

Air scratches a finger under his left eye as he waits for a reaction to his door antics. When the guard thrusts the Colt into his face he freezes for a moment. But then he realises he hasn't been seen. A very quiet chuckle can be heard, right before the sharp electrical crack of the stun baton going off indicates the crushing impact to the side of this security guards helmet.

«Plot» Air will step over him, drag him into the room and kick him in the 'nads for good
measure.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Yeah, his best init can't beat your worst, so, I guess make… a
cursory unarmed roll."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Tae Kwon Do + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "Superior
position, opponent prone.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 9 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 9 for "stunned, hurt, oh god why is this
happening?! ;o;":
3 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Air says, "Base 7M"
«Plot» Air says, "Er, 8M*"
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + 6 vs TN 3:
1 1 1 1 1 2 5 9 10 13 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "He's out."

Air the invisible assailant hops over the down guard, dragging him into the room and out of the way of the door frm under the arms. Then with a quick hop he slams the heel of his fancy shoe down into the guards groin. Body knock out! Rare but satisfying. Turning around then he settles on ruining some security equipment.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Yeah. We'll go electronics first, as it covers surveillance gear so
what the hell."
«Plot» Air says, "Hit me with your TN stick."
«OOC» Arachne figures, lets say "Difficult. Go for… 7! The high end of difficult!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Electronics + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 7 for "Fun times.":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Air @is wrecking it intelligently.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Electronics + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 7 for "Fun times. KP11":
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay. You think you've managed to fry any data storage that was in
there, and it sure doesn't look like it is recording any more."
«Plot» Air figures off with the cameras and delete as much of the recent recordings as
possible.
«Plot» Air is happy then.
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Ok guys, feel free. One security guard left at the front door, but
try not to kill him."
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "We're actually going to walk past him where ordinary
people can walk, right?"
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Preferably."

Air now sits in a comfy swivel chair, swivelling side to side.
Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "ok, lets go." Questor gets out of the car, hides behind the
Wall, and follows the Wall as soon as he starts moving."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "I have an idea. Why don't I call the room and tell them they're
being offered complementary room service for being the 1000th visitor or something."
Mr.Terrific 's objective it to head up to a place he is legally allowed to be, on the fifth floor, around a corner or two from 'the room'. And yea verily, he takes the stairs because its just posible they have guards on the elevator because that's where lazy people go

Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "We could also send the remaining guard on ambush to the
fifth floor"
«Plot» Air practices an extremely camp accent and then dials their room to make that offer.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls North American Accents:
1 1 3 3 3 14
Commlink-Questor> Questor says, "but that would involve someone innocent - so ..no.."

Already standing behind the Wall, Questor pokes the Wall and points him towards the hotel lobby. "Its time to have fun. They are waiting for you. Ill cover your back. But not too much fun before we are in the 5th floor. "

Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "But I thought the plan was for the Wall to be
invisible when he takes they likely guys-at-the-door and busts in."
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "I might have that wrong."

Wall smirks a little, and heads for the hotel, following in the bunch tofards the hotel Lobby, his hands at the side, just above his predator. "Alright, entering the building."

As the team make their way into the lobby, the bored receptionist looks suddenly like she's being paid to be cheerful and helpful. "Gentlemen!" She says, chirpily, "Gentlemen! Please, can I help you? Gentlemen?"

The security guard looks a little nervous that three men just walked in, in various levels of legal (but … still suspicious) armor. And one of them is a troll. "Sirs."

And someone picks up the phone for Air. "What? We turned the fraggin' music off, didn't we? What do you asswipes want now?"

Mr.Terrific says to the people at the desk, "I'm meeting a friend. A Mister Johansen."
Mr.Terrific adds, "I'm not sure if he is a guest, or a guest of a guest."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Toss me a negotiations check, Terrific."

Air rocks out the camp voice, "Oh hello thir, I'm just calling from the rethepthon desk to inform you that your room has been thelected from our free room service lottery for thith week. You can have complementary room service delivered, would you like anything thir?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Etiquette:
3 4 11

Wall in the mean time says nothing, folding his arms across his chest, trying to look imposing, and body-guard like

Carefully looking at the ongoing conversation with the receptionist, Questor prepares himself to draw some energy from the surrounding. Towards the receptionist he activates his most charismatic smile.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Charisma:
2 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation:
1 1 3 4 7

The receptionist looks pretty convinced at Mr. Terrific's words. She can't see that name in her list, but he seems like a reasonable enough guy. It's the troll who scares her. With his trollness. He looks like he could crush her head with his little finger. This makes it a bit difficult to concentrate on very much else.

tThe security guard comes over to lend his support to her, standing straight up behind her. Suspicion runs rampant. In the end, she just says, "Well… I, don't have anyone here under that name… if you, know the room, though, Joe could show you?"

The guy on the other end of Air's line scoffs, and, to demonstrate what a charming fellow he is, says, "Yeah, bring your ass up here so we can pound it for you, you fraggin' faggot!" Such a genteel and kindly mind in these harsh and dark times.

Mr.Terrific saith, "I do not, but it is on the fourth floor. Do you mind if I just go up? I'll pocsec him and he'll get it eventually."

Air replies placidly, "I'm so sorry thir, but my assth is reserved and the hotel doesn't currently have an escort thervice. We do have a variety of foodth and drinkth available, as well as a thelection of movieth that might be to your tasteth."

"Thank you" Questor says without words towards the receiptionst. "Yeah Robby, just pocsec…" Questor nods towards Mr.T and smiles again at the receiptionist

The receptionist just seems to want the group out of the foyer, at this point, and nods, "Sure, sure, you, uhm, you have a good visit now, you hear?"

The neo-nazi on the other end of the phone says something loud and incoherent, and then hangs up.

Mr.Terrific is thusly only too happy to walk up the stairs to the fourth floor. And then across to the other stairs to the fifth floor. And to the corner away around from the entrance into The Room.
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Well, they don't like homosexuals either. No room service ordered
though."
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "Meet us on the fifth floor."

The Wall simply nods and walks, following Terrific on his way out to the elevator. "We really need a Face for an op like this…"

Air gets up from his swivel chair and pickpockets the security guard for his wallet before heading out. Closing it up carefully behind him he heads around to the nearest stairs to get upstairs and meet the guys.

«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Conjuring - 2 vs TN 5 for "Conjuring F3 Hearth Spirit
- saving 2 dice for Drain":
1 2 5 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Charisma + 2 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Drain for Conjuring F3
Hearth Spirit KP1":
3 4 4 4 7 10 17 = 6 Successes
When Questor follows up Mr.T and The Wall into the fifth floor, he takes a deep breath and stops for like a second. His eyes begin to shine a bit. Around him, the air seems to be filled with more energy than it was just before. The shining fades from Questors eyes, and instead a warm smile shines from his face. "Hello my friend" he whispers to himself, closing up to rest of the team.

It takes some time for the team to assemble, climbing that many stairs. It is not, however, very challenging. Stairs kill surprisingly few running teams.

A loud conversation is going on in that room, though. Largely consisting of some raised voices talking about going and beating up some poor guy in the lobby, and then, it is silenced. Surprisingly, by a calm, quite audible, but not quite shouting voice.

"For the last time. No. You stay here. Because we are professionals and if something goes wrong, I am going to feed your heart to Leon myself, understand?"

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Sounds like we got a name."

Air slips out of the staff area while the receptionist is still recovering from the shock of the Troll and thus distracted and then heads upstairs some short way behind the guys. "Boo.

Mr.Terrific startles, but doesn't jump. "Eek," he says quietly. "Are you ready to take out guards on the door, open the door, and render unconscious everyone within, with the wall backing you up and Questor dropping spells in the room and making sure no one gets away?"

Wall pauses before raising a hand up, "Hang on a sec." He reaches into his coat and pulls out a pair of grenades. "Concussions. We open the door and lob them in.

Mr.Terrific says "Way too loud. There are still guards downstairs. Got any neurostun?"

Wall argues, "They're like five floors down, do you really think they'll hear them?"

Air coughs and complains, "Me? I'm just a decker. The Wall should go first, he's a wall after all. And he has grenades." At this point he's probably just complaining to himself more than anything.

Mr.Terrific says "It's an explosion."
Questor says "Shall we send im in invisible ?"

Mr.Terrific says "But what do I know? Clearly I have to learn a silencing spell for grenades. If Questor turns you invisible, will you go in there without grenading them and making loud crumping noises?"

The Wall proceeds to point out, "There's gonna be loud noises as soon as someone starts shooting. We may as well have the advantage while we can."

Mr.Terrific says "Shooting is quieter than explosions, and there's just the basic possibility that one of you has a silencer.

Mr.Terrific says "I also thought you would just punch them out or cut them down. That's real quiet."

"We've got upward of twelve guys in there, I'm not gonna be able to punch them -all- out before they start shooting." Wall states. "The Concussions will at least stun them long enough for us to get the first shots."

Mr.Terrific says "Tell you what. If you are invisible, the door will open, and it will be your choice. How about that?"
Mr.Terrific says "You may decide differently when the door opens."
Air ahems, "Not long 'til they find their unconcious friend in the security room."
Mr.Terrific reminds himself to buy neuro-stun grenades and hand them out like candy. "Time to cast and go."
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 2 vs TN 6 for "Improved Invisibility on
da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 2 vs TN 3 for "Drain for Improved
Invisibility on da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 6 Successes
«OOC» Questor says, "i hope thats correct ;-)"
Mr.Terrific is more polite about not falling to the floor laughing considering what he went through.
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "target number is 4 - background count of 2 means +1 to drain target numbers"
«OOC» Arachne nods.
«OOC» Arachne says, "What T said. But you still soak it."
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 2 vs TN 6 for "Improved Invisibility on da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 2 vs TN 4 for "Drain for Improved Invisibility on da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 2 vs TN 6 for "Improved Invisibility on da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus GOGOGOGO":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 7 9 11 14 15 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 2 vs TN 4 for "Drain for Improved Invisibility on da Troll F4 + Unicorn bonus":
1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 = 6 Successes
Mr.Terrific preps himself to peer around the corner for to dump the world's lamest Stunballs into the room.
Air ponders just waiting where he is, but finally he just grunts. "Jordi, Fetch, materialise, follow Wall and defend him." Immediately 2 elementals begin to materialise, ready to complete their order.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 1 of item 1: Services from F4 Earth Elemental (JORDI) from Elemental
Services (#2876).
Questor gathers energy and concentrates again and again to do some sparkling, and his eyes flash quickly; but the first time he shurgs, the 2nd time he gets really angry, and then, with all his force he manages to make the fat troll invisible. Towards Mr.T Questor points out"Thats a troll! thats a lot more difficult" giving him some ironic smile.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 1 of item 2: Fetch (F4 Air Elemental) Services from Elemental Services
(#2876).

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "SURPRISE thugs":
2 3 5 10 = 2 Successes
Questor plot Task 1 of spirit: Conceal the group
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Reaction:
4 4 7 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "SURPRISE thugs leader":
2 3 4 5 13 14 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "No, I win.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 7 7 8 11 = 13 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "SURPRISE SURPRISE":
1 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Wall says, "I wanna toss a Concussion in at the same time as kicking the door in. That good?"
«Plot» Arachne says, "That's what the reaction test and initiative will determine."
«OOC» Questor says, "ok, how do i roll ?;)"

The Wall makes his way towards the door, making a point of not being particularly noisy on the way over, and with his first Concussion grenade in hand, he aims to kick the door open and lob the grenade right in. It goes without saying that he tries to make it out of the way.
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Reaction:
1 2 3 4 5
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "small straight."
«Plot» Wall says, "What am I rolling?"
«Plot» Arachne says, "+roll reaction/2"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 3 4 5 5 5 7 8 10 = 8 Successes
«OOC» Wall says, "I am good"
«Plot» Wall says, "Now, about my nade action?"
«Plot» Arachne says, "Then everyone +init whilst I write scenepose."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.

The earth elemental forms as a moderately sized sludgeball and the air elemental is floating along in a wispy, misty cloud behind Wall. Behind them is Air, ready to watch for fireworks from the dubious safety of behind the first three.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 31.

«OOC» Arachne says, "Actually, wall, give me an intelligence test too."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Initiative with a result of 8.
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 1 for "+24":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 1 for "+6":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 1 for "+6":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 1 for "+4":
4

The astral barrier is broken!

Directly in front of The Wall, a large pile of rock and stone starts to materialize. Rapidly taking shape into a stocky, humanoid form. The Earth Elemental doesn't seem ready to attack, yet, but it is materializing in response to the threat facing its human masters.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Nothing has yet attacked The Wall, so the elementals do nothing this round."
«Plot» Arachne says, "The Wall."

Well, that really doesn't help matters. Judging by the space in the room, there's not exactly a lot of room for the dissipation of the concussion grenade, so he just dashes in while still invisible, and uses his sword to decap the closest of the thugs. Yeah, this was a good idea. So much for invisibility.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, how are you using your reach?"
«OOC» Wall says, "Ah. Offensively."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Edged Weapons (Swords) + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "DECAPITATION.":
1 2 2 4 5 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "4 base, +4 (1/2 blind fire) no combat pool as
surprised.":
1 2 3 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 9 for "3 impact armor because he is wearing
leathers like a retard":
1 1 1 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 9 for "3 impact armor because he is wearing
leathers like a retard KP:1":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Arachne says, "Oh look he is dead"

The one thug doesn't even see it coming… Well, none of them do, because he's freaking INVISIBLE. The Wall's sword just slices through the skin head's neck, as he grins, "One down!"

The Wall enters the room and starts choping of someones head. "Its time for more spiritness" he nods, and then he connects to his spirit, ordering him to confuse the gangers in the room.

«Plot» Arachne says, "F3 hearth spirit will materialize this round, and will use its power next round."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific turns on Astral Perception and applies 6 dice of Spell Defense to the Wall. He draws his concealed pistol as his second Simple Action.
Mr.Terrific is carefully under cover, just barely peeking around the corner at the end of the hallway. Gun out, he's just focused on shedding spell from the troll as he knows there's gotta be someone like that in there.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Edged Weapons (Swords) + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "It's fighty fight
time! Blood blood blood!":
1 2 5 5 7 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "4 base, +4 (1/2 blind fire) no combat pool as
surprised.":
2 4 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 9 for "3 impact armor because he is wearing
leathers like a retard":
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 5 9 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 6 - 2 vs TN 9 for "3 impact armor because he is
wearing leathers like a retard KP:1":
2 2 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Wall says, "Dear god, is Leather saving him?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 9:
3 3 4 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Arachne says, "Severely wounded, falls over but still alive."

The Wall doesn't stop moving. Less like an Immoveable Object and more like an Unstoppable Force today, the Wall keeps going, aiming to slash up another skinhead inside.
Well, that'll do. He slashes the guy up, and makes him drop, before turning towards the next retard in leather.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "16M base":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 7 14 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3:
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 + Combat Pool: 1 vs TN 16:
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

Air slips inside the room after Wall moves out of the doorway. There's a quiet shink as his cyber-implant blade slips out from the side of his right hand. Targetting what he perceives to be the most dangerous enemy he attacks the Earth elemental in a flurry of furious slashes.

«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay. Hearth spirit tries to use Confusion on the closest ganger."
«Plot» Arachne says, "When that ganger gets a turn, it'll have to make a check."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Enemy earth elemental is going to try and punch Air in the face."
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 vs TN 5 for "4 base, 1 reach, +2 wound penalties":
1 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4:
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 - 1 vs TN 4 for "KP12":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 vs TN 16:
1 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Pose killing the poor thing, Air."

Air's defense against the Earth elemental is accompanied by the high pitched whine of cutting edge cyberware as his arm swings in vicious motions. The dikoted blade cuts deeply through the materialised form of the elemental, servos crying out under the massive strain.

The elemental dissipates under the onslaught of Air's blade, by the way, and he's left swinging at fresh air, with no evidence of his awesome riposte.

«Plot» Wall says, "More of the same"
«Plot» Wall says, "New guy."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Edged Weapons (Swords) + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "The Invisible Troll
is gonna kill everyone at this rate..":
2 2 2 4 5 16 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 8 for "4 base, +4 (1/2 blind)":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 29 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 - 1 vs TN 8 for "4 base, +4 (1/2 blind) KP:1":
1 2 2 2 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 9 for "soaking D":
3 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Dead"

The Wall just goes from one to another, trying to find the mage of the group. There's too many of them in too small a space. So He'll geek the lot of them one at a time. Like this one! He just got run through with a sword! How cool is that?

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "4 base, +2 bg count - Casting 4 D
Manabolt at The Wall.":
2 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "4 base, +2 bg count - Casting 4 D
Manabolt at The Wall. KP:1":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 16 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Would you like to use your spell defense, Mr. T?"
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "GEEK THE MAGE."
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Which one is the Mage?!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "There is a reason I did this…":
2 2 3 4 4 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery Pool: 6 - 3 for "KP:4 for real":
2 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery Pool: 6 - 3 for "KP:6":
1 5 11

One of the men who had been sitting on the bed seems to realize what is going on. His eyes blaze with a terrible fury, and for a moment, The Wall meets his gaze across the room. He knows, in that instant, that he can see him, and as the angered magician raises his hand, he is certain that he is going to die…

Mr.Terrific breaks from cover, at least verbally. If you were watching in the astral you'd see the tentacles of power shooting through the Wall and preparing to tear his spirit apart with pulsating magic energies. Mr. Terrific begins chanting, "Dragon small power fade, senses reel conquer shade," as he stares through the Wall's invisible back, wrenching the tentacles away and leaving him drenched in sweat.

The enemy magician gives a low snarl as he is defeated, and his hand grips into a fist, jerked roughly by his side. That awful feeling subsides, at least… it seems that Mr. Terrific's efforts were successful!
Mr.Terrific says, "That one. That's the mage."

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Soaking D drain":
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 5 11 22 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 4 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Soaking D drain KP:2":
1 3 4 5 20 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Dodge or soak Mr. Air, your choice."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3:
1 2 2 2 2 4 5 5 7 9 9 = 6 Successes

As the elemental fades away, Air is suddenly awash with flame. The other man who had been relaxing on a bed is advancing from it with both hands outstretched, his voice thundering on the air around him. This demonstration of sheer magical prowess would be far more impressive, if Air didn't emerge unscathed. However, unscathed or not, it seems to have snapped the other gangers out of their stupor.

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 for "Panic check":
3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "4 base, +8 blind fire modifier":
2 2 4 4 4 5 10 14 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Invisible Bullet Time!":
1 1 1 2 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "4 base, +8 shooting at Air":
1 2 3 3 4 4 8 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Body vs TN 2:
2 2 3 3 5 5 14 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting at Wall":
2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting at Wall":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting at Wall":
1 2 3 3 3 3 8 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting at Air":
1 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

A hail of gunfire is blasted in the general direction of Wall and Air.

Don't worry. The floor and ceiling totally had it coming.

While inside the room the action is ongoing, bodyparts are getting chopped of, and a lot of gunfire starts, Questor stays back, looking around and drawing his Ares Predator, just in case that someone comes around the corner.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific , as a simple action, uses the laser designator on his pistol to paint a red dot on the mage what cast the Manabolt. (Aim action.) His next simple action will be to speak, and as a free action he keeps his spell defense on Wall.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay"

Mr.Terrific says, "That one," so as to laser-designate a mage for geeking. "The rest you may live if you throw down your weapons and lay on your bellies."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Charisma for "It's an honest attempt to avoid gratuitious bloodshed.":
1 3 4 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat vs TN 4 for "Slash-em-up":
1 2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat - 2 vs TN 4 for "Slash-em-up KP14":
1 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Initial Test (using full defense + evasion)":
3 4 8 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 3 for "Evasion bonus":
3 10 10 14 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Dodgy mc dodgerson dodges dodgingly."

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Air's earth elemental finally has
excuse to smash":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "mommy?":
1 3 4 13 = 1 Success

Air turns into the flames as they wash over his form, singing the greatcoat and causing the realskinn of his right arm to crinkle up like plastic and eventually flake off as black ash. Yelling in his real voice he advances on the mage swiftly, "Geek the mage!" Swinging his hand he attempts to slash the mage up, but hits only freash air, hmm.
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Soaking D":
1 3 3 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "I'm Geeking him! I'm Geeking him!
Shut up already!":
1 1 4 5 5 8 11 11 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Roll against 2."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Well, no difference"
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Dodge check":
3 4 4 4 9 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Ow":
2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Takes an M wound."
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Casting Improved Invisibility force 4":
1 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "Soaking M stun":
1 1 3 4 5 5 = 2 Successes

Bullet comes out of nowhere and hits the fragging mage. Invisible Troll is probably gloating.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Stabby 16M Mage":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Stabby 16M Mage
KP15":
2 2 2 2 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Cyber-Implant Combat + Combat Pool: 4 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Stabby 16M Mage
KP17":
1 2 3 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Air stands on 6.
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "First check":
1 1 2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "second check":
1 4 5 5 8 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "Soaking M":
1 1 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "Knockdown":
1 1 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "He's cut and falls over"

Air swings backhand and slashes a little wildly back and forth. This time he's better than the mage though, catching him square across the chest, gouging a bloody swathe through his clothes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "Let's finish this, sucker!":
1 2 2 5 7 8 8 9 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Dodge":
2 2 4 5 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking S":
2 3 5 11 = 1 Success
«Plot» Arachne says, "He's a gonner."
The Wall approaches the mage, aiming to close the distance, but his Smartlink setup should keep things fairly easy from here. One more shot, and the Mage's head explodes.

Remember how those thugs should have paid more attention to the Laser designator? This is why.
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "And now our friend is geeked."
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "Well done, sir."
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 8 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "RAR EARTH SMASH":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Flee":
1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 1 vs TN 5 for "Soaking s":
2 3 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Noxious":
2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Let's see if we can't keep one of these low-lives alive long enough to
interrogate."

The elementals continue to tear into the gangers. The earth elemental smashes one, and the noxious fumes of the second continue to drive the enemy towards the door.

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 for "panic test":
2 5 14

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting Air":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting Air":
1 1 4 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 12 for "Shooting Wall":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

The three remaining uninjured gangers try to shoot at their unseen assailants, the others, however, are starting to run, having suffered organ damage or attack by magical adversary. It's really not good for them.

«Plot» Questor says, "i take aim at the door, if somone comes out - and holding up invis.."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, there are people coming out of the door and trying to get away. What do you mean by holding up invisibility?"
«Plot» Questor says, " ill shoot them in the leg"
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, base TN is 8."

In the room the fighting continues, people crying, heads getting blown off, and Questor - still looking around for the usually bad suprise, takes aim at the door, in case some gangers comes out.

«OOC» Questor says, "for me then 10 ?"
«OOC» Arachne says, "Yes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Questor (#6955) rolls Pistols vs TN 10:
3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for "-1 aim, -1 laser, +1 light
stun, +2 holding spell, +2 astral perception, off of base 5":
1 2 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Soaking M":
1 2 3 8 = 1 Success
«Plot» Arachne says, "Second M wound"

Mr.Terrific angles in a shot, seeing his opportunity. Really, he was just trying to hedge the guy back into the fearsome razors of death, but it turns out that he manages a solid clipping.

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 7 for "4 base +3 physical":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 6 vs TN 7 for "3 base +3 physical +1 bg count":
1 1 2 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "1 success improved invisibility with BG count."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Int please Air"
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 3 5 10 10 11
«Plot» Arachne says, "Yeah you see him."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Air!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "4 base, +3 physical +3 stun":
3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 13 for "soaking D":
1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Splot."

Air isn't fooled by the quickly cast invisibility spell, in fact, it never even appears to him. That right arm of doom, now an evil black metal, hand blade glinting with that dull diamond sheen. The air slices silently apart before the hand as he slashes it down across the mages shoulder, flesh parting and bone cracking with a gut wrenching sound. The body falls flat down on the ground and Air ends up with splatters of blood all along his right arm.

The elementals continue their grizzly work. Another ganger is smashed into so much paste against the wall, and a second starts to stumble for the exit under a wave of toxic and murderous gas.

«Plot» Wall says, "Wall goes right up to the guy and slams hs fist into the guy's face."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, against tn3 then please."

«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Boxing + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Knockout!":
1 2 2 2 5 5 5 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 4:
2 4 4 5 5 17 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wall (#3932) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4:
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 5 9 10
«Plot» Arachne says, "I keep forgetting you are invisible."
«Plot» Arachne says, "You hit by three and I am dumb."
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "soaking S":
1 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay you hit him pretty hard."

The Wall grins in satisfaction as the whole group of skinheads are either dead out running away, but there's still one guy left. So he simply approaches the guy and winds up a left cross punch, and drives his big fist into the ganger's face. Ow. "That should do it."

«Plot» Arachne says, "Air"
«Plot» Arachne says, "Make a perception check."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 11
You paged Air with 'There's a leather carrying case on the inside of the jacket of the man you just killed. Your blade has cut through a corner, but it otherwise looks undamaged.'.

«Plot» Air will extricate the case and examine it very carefully.
You paged Air with 'It is a small leather carrying case, with a metal inside. It is still largely undamaged. You've cut the corner off, but the metal is quite thick, and you don't seem to have damaged structural integrity.'.

Air reaches down at the bloodied mage on the floor at his feet and slides a case out of his jacket. Putting it into his own it blinks out of sight thanks to the invis spell and turns around. «About time we headed out. Keep that spell up please, I'm a bit bloodied.»

Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "They have bikes downstairs. Do we want them, or do we want to exit fast if you are sure you have the item?"

Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "Let's make this quick."
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "There is one thing though."
Commlink-The Wall> Wall says, "They said a name earlier, 'Leon'. Anyone think it'll be important?""
Commlink-Mr.Terrific> Mr.Terrific says, "He might be on his way to make the pickup."

Questor quickly moves into the room. "Oh my,.." he says towards the air and wall, searching the two mages bodies for…usuable stuff. "We should get out of here now, this was not exactly a subtle operation".

Mr.Terrific will get behind the invisible killing machines when the fleeing wounded people have tumbled away and it is safe for him to do so. Since we are in a hurry, he does not search bodies for loot, which he has personally identified to be the keys to those bikes downstairs.

Air begins to walk out of the room, hopefully still invisible, because walking around covered in blood is a bad idea. «LEt's walk while we talk, gentlemen. He's probably the leader of this gang, but still.» Then he's heading out, back towards his car at walking pace.

Mr.Terrific maintains the invisibility spell.
Mr.Terrific polices his shell and puts away his weapon.

Wall puts his weapons away, taking a moment to wipe his sword clean of blood before sheathing it, and says, "Let's go then… Emergency exits is our exit point

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence (to Arachne) for "What is this small that needs a metal
shield? Thinking while walking.":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 11

If the runners hurry, they can just about get back to the car, through the fire escape, evading both security (who are downstairs trying to detain injured gangers for questioning regarding the downed security guard) and the police, who are starting to turn up in force. As Questor and Mr. Terrific are the only two who are currently visible, however, they do not seem to be attracting much attention. There's bloodied gangers starting a punchup in a nearby hotel to worry about
.
You paged Air with 'Something very breakable, maybe. Delicate electronics or drugs would be the smart money options. Or any number of dangerous things which need to be kept safe.'.

Air says, "Jordi, Fetch, you can leave now," just before the group heads out, the elementals dissapearing back off to their home planes.

As they go, the Wall of troll says, "Now, don't you think we could have saved us a lot of time and effort if we had just thrown the grenades in?"

Mr.Terrific , when we are back at the car, looks over Air and Wall. "Did either of you bleed real blood up there? Actual parts of yourself?"
Mr.Terrific grins wryly. "Do you think there'd be more police out here if we did? Oh, and the box appears unharmed."

Wall smirks as he waits for the invisinibility to be released, "I got shot once. Lucky shot hit me. Didn't get past my armor."

Air shakes his head, invisibly. «Keep that invis up until I change clothes please. As for grenades… This package is shielded, I doubt it would have survived the shock. Also, I'm uninjured.»

Mr.Terrific keeps up the invis. "Great. That means I didn't have to cast 'Sterilize' up there in the room."
Questor shrugs "Are you really sure you want to see all that bloood" he giggles towards The Wall. "Ill drop invis when you are in the car"

Wall coughts, "Hello? Troll? Lucky's car isn't big enough.
Mr.Terrific says "Sorry, we can't see you at the moment. Easy to forget."
Mr.Terrific says "The whole voice coming from eight foot up is the only clue."

Air swiftly gets changed from spare clothes in the car which dissapear, while dirtied clothes appear and are hurriedly stuffed into the duffel back there. It looks eerie. Speaking with his real voice he begins to talk quietly, "This case is shielded, but not heavily. I doubt it's nuclear, but whatever's inside is delicate and valuable."

Questor says ""Oh yeah, but then you should get redressed somehow. Of course i can keep invis up when you are on your bike. But this may attract some attention. A bike without the driver on it; you dont see that everyday.""

Mr.Terrific says "It just means the bike is autonav-ing, Questor."
Wall shakes his head, "Nine foot. Just keep the Invis on while I change. Might take a moment." However, he too takes his time to change out of his bloodied up attire, thankfully invisible as he does so.
Mr.Terrific says "If we had time, I would have taken those biker's keys and autonaved them to a chop shop drop-off I know. But now that I see the cops, I can see I wouldn't have the time."

Air sighs, "The -point- is, boys, do we want to hand this over for a measly fifteen kay each, or do we want to renegotiate?"

Mr.Terrific says "Nobody is hurt, we didn't use resources that can't be replaced, we didn't spend any money to get here, and they'll know if we open the box because they already said that they knew the box was never opened."

Mr.Terrific says "Based on that, I don't see much point in renegotiation."

Mr.Terrific says "We used a couple of bullets, you got a little scorched."

Mr.Terrific says "Unless you want money for the services on those elementals of yours?"
Wall change change sounds, and soon enough the Wall is wearing a good set of fine clothes, troll sized. "This was more messy than I like, but we came out alive. We can convince them to give us a bit of a bonus."
Mr.Terrific says "That's very valid."

Questor nods "That was kinda bloody work, but we also got a name. The name could be of some interested."

Mr.Terrific says "We also punished them for their temerity."

Air shrugs, "The bag is open, I slashed it when I took out that mage. And if all it takes is someone to be injured, then we can certainly see to that. I imagine that whatever is small enough to fit in a case, but still need a metal shield, is worth more than fifty five kay."

Mr.Terrific says "If the principal is the original owner they may like that."

Mr.Terrific says "I will support you."

Soon enough, Wall says, "Alright, I'm changed, you can drop my Invis, Questor." Yes, it's safe.

Questor looks at Wall - or where the voice just came from - blinks with his eyes, and out of nothing there is it. A troll like a wall. "Welcome back, where have you been all the time, we missed you!" he giggles.

"Ah shaddup…" Wall says as he puts his harder to conceal stuff back in the car. "We ready to roll?"

Air says "We'll see, I don't know the Johnson, perhaps I can find out some more about her before we jump into negotiations… Nevertheless, let's get moving." Then he heads around to the drivers side, "You can drop that spell now too.""

From afar, Air is gonna make a couple calls to contacts, see if there's anything to be dug up on Arachne. She has no rep so he wants to know what the deal is before he tries to screw her.
You paged Air with 'Okay, +prove them to me and give me an Etiquette check.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) has the Contact The Circus with the following information (only to Arachne):
------> Contact for Air (#8050) <------
Contact Name: The Circus
Level: 1
Type: johnson
GM Note: Gabriel and his crew of circus freaks offer very odd jobs. The impossibly young Sasha acts as
the main speaker for Gabriel who is quite insane and often talks in rhyme. They work out of Elitch Gardens
in the FRFZ and can be contacted for jobs that range from the silly to the dangerously silly. Think Joker
with more restraint and less killing everyone.


«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette (to Arachne):
1 2 3 3 16

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) has the Contact Roman Johnson with the following information (only to Arachne):
------> Contact for Air (#8050) <------
Contact Name: Roman Johnson
Level: 1
Type: fixer
GM Note: Roman Johnson, head of a polygamous sect of the Mormon Church, rules his compound from a Ranch
deep in the mountains of the CAS territory. While ostracized by more conventional mormons, he is still eager
to protect and aid his 'brothers and sisters' in the faith, and is using his incredible resources to help
send supplies to besieged reservations. As his influence spreads, it becomes obvious that he has access to
milspec weaponry, armored vehicles, and completely devoted servants. He's also -very- aware of what's going
on in the UTE territory lately, and has a suprising amount of sources that he draws information from.


«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette (to Arachne):
2 3 4 4 10

Wall climbs up onto his hog, and stretches. "Aside from the disproportionate reward for the bloody work, I say this Op was good." He glances to the others, "Let's call her about the job completion and get this over with."

------> Contact for Air (#8050) <------
Contact Name: Honda Katsumori
Level: 3
Type: corp exec
GM Note: Honda was an ex-Yakishima corp executive suit to which Air was assigned close protection
detail during his time at Yakishima. It was a headhunter from Yamatetsu who prompted Honda to defect over to
the larger corporation and Air took the opportunity provided ot break from Yakishima also, but chose to go
freelance, while the rest of the close protection team went with Honda.
More recently Air undertook a mission — a complex series of them, in fact — to deal with problems
at an aquacology. These problems were resolved, and even with the rewards the team acquired as payout, Air
has proven himself a reliable, and deniable ally to Honda.
While Honda does not operate in the Denver area he has a massive network of information he can draw
on, based on the power invested in him by Yamatetsu, mainly focused around corporate rumblings.


«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette + 2 (lvl3) (to Arachne) for "Just in case she's corp.":
1 2 2 4 5 5 7

You paged Air with 'Okay, they'll each want some cash for what they know, being level one contacts. Opening bid at 500 =Y= a pop. You can try and negotiate it down if you like.'.

You paged Air with 'The Circus feeds back to you that she's been moving in fixer circles for a little while now. She arrived in Denver a few months ago but, has been keeping a deliberately low profile. Getting to know people socially but, not actually making much of a business noise. They are actually slightly surprised to hear that she is the J for the job that you were sent to- they didn't know. They do know that she came over from France, though, and that she's magically active. They couldn't tell you what it is she does, magically, exactly, but that's something that they seem to agree on.

Roman knows that Arachne is a name that's cropped up on his radar; she's been feeding bribes to a woman on his payroll in the Ute sector government hierarchy. Doesn't know very much else.

Honda doesn't ask for more money because he has no idea who she is. Never heard of her.'.

It is late night, now, or early morning depending on how one looks at it. The roads are mostly deserted. The moon hidden behind clouds and the stars blotted out by light pollution. It's rather eerie, really.

Air relays some information he gathers from phone calls. "She's a relatively new fixerJ, so I think we can make a move, get a small bonus at the least. Unless you want to try to screw her hard, she'll probably just take the hit from her own cut rather than look bad to her client. That's the way I figure it anyway."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific assenses the case to get a clue as to the emotional content of its contents.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Aura Reading:
2 3 3 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 4 10 17
«Plot» Arachne says, "Assensing doesn't really work that way. You can pick up the emotional vibe the box has gotten from people it is around, but the most you are going to get otherwise is 'this box is not magical'"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "That is exactly what I am looking for. Plus, if the item inside has vast
emotional powers - like say, a samurai sword from the 1800s that has a background count of +5 on its own, that aura would show through a normal case. If nothing, then nothing - then it's likely just a piece of tech."
«Plot» Arachne says, "It has picked up a lot of hatred in the past few days, you get that easily."
Mr.Terrific gives the box a penetrating, but passive scan with his magic eyes. "I'm going to guess there's nothing specially magical or artistic inside. Likely a piece of valuable tech, or data and tech together."

Commlink-Arachne> Arachne says, "Ah, gentlemen! Fantastic. I was beginning to wonder when I would hear from
you. I trust the job was successful? There were no complications?"
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "There was a slight complication, and the pckages container is a little damaged."
Commlink-Arachne> Arachne says, "Really? That's, not good."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Care to elaborate?"
Commlink-Arachne> Arachne says, "The safe return of the goods was the top priority. I thought that was
clear."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "The goods are as safe as they are going to be. If you're telling me that the
contents are in some way dangerous, then you should be up front about that."
Commlink-Arachne> Arachne says, "The goods in question are fragile, but not dangerous. Now. I have arranged
for a small warehouse in the Warrens at coordinates (120,039) to be prepared for the exchange. I assume you
don't intend to double cross me if you are calling me."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "That would require me to open the package, and it isn't opened. The shielding is
intact. The fact we succeeded in spite of the complications however, does indicate the need for a bonus."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "By now you have no doubt researched me a little, by reputation at least. I'm well
enough known, let's not screw each other around."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "You need this to go off well to continue doing business in the city."
Commlink-Arachne> Arachne says, "I suspect that I will survive. You are trying to change the game on me very
quickly, Sir, and I do not like that. We'll talk in person. Be at the coordinates in four hours time. I'll
consider your demand in the meantime."
Mr.Terrific is sure to rest, so he is in tip top shape for the meet.

Air hangs up and shrugs to his passengers with a contemplating look. "We'll see when we get to the in person meet I suppose. Keep the spell defense up by the way, she's awakened."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "KP18":
1 2 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "KP19":
2 3 3 4 4 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls Negotiation vs TN 8:
1 1 2 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 - 2 vs TN 6 for "KP21":
1 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Stats System» Invalid roll: Cannot find stat matching "negotiation/8 kp:1".
«Plot» Air stays on 3.
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls Negotiation vs TN 8 for "KP:1":
1 1 2 5 11 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls Negotiation - 2 vs TN 8 for "KP:3":
1 2 2 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls Psychology vs TN 8:
1 2 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
Mr.Terrific pages: May I counsel him with psychology?
«Plot» Arachne says, "Mr. Terrific is asking if he can make a complimentary psychology check in aid with
you. I honestly have no idea if this is kosher, but I'm going to allow it."
«OOC» Air has no idea either.
Questor looks at Mr.T and says: "Spelldefense?" thats not yet in my portfolio im afraid. Anyway, i dont think she poses a real threath. She could be one, but she is not that sort of person. At least, that would be a real bad start as a Johnson, dont you think ?
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Psychology vs TN 6 for "Advising on negotiation tactis.":
1 2 4 5 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Arachne says, "Roll psychology vs 6, basically. I'm assuming that the phonecall was communal."

Air chuckles, "Technically, we're the ones screwing her, depending on how you choose to view it. Personally, I choose to view two mages as hazard pay."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay. All in all, negotiations are a wash. 4 net successes for Air, 4 net successes
for me."
«Plot» Arachne is a f'kin badass J, yo.

Mr.Terrific understands that Questor did not go to college like him. "If yo ucan cast spells you can use basic, non-initiated spell defense."
«Plot» Arachne says, "Now to see if you actually get to the city."
Mr.Terrific says "That is all I'm asking."
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 vs TN 7 for "SIN check":
1 1 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 3 vs TN 2 for "SIN check":
2 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 2 vs TN 3 for "SIN check":
1 2 = 0 Successes

When the group gets to the border checkpoint, Mr. Terrific's SIN and Air's SIN go through without a hitch. This time, however, Questor's SIN flashes up bright red immediately. The guard sighs, and begins to punch a couple of buttons, "Sorry, Sir, this will just take a few moments."

«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 2 vs TN 4 for "SIN Check":
3 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Arachne (#8411) rolls 4 vs TN 2 for "SIN Check":
1 1 2 7 = 2 Successes

Things go beep for a while, and then the checkpoint officer hands back the three SINs. "Sometimes the system gets a little fritzy." He says, "Only took a minute. Good night, gentlemen." And, after a moment to think about it, "You guys look like you could use some rest. Drive safe now, y'hear?"

Air nods to the guard, "I plan to find a rest stop soon. Thank you officer." And then he's pulling away, handing the ID's back. "Questor, get a new ID, this one sucks." He's getting ornery with his tiredness now.
Air says "Or give me 16k of your payout and I'll get you one."
"Yeah you are right, i should really get new one, or upgrade that one. Unicorn was with us and helped." he smiles towards Air.
«Plot» Air plans to stop bya safehouse in the warrens before attending the meet. For more gear.
«Plot» Arachne says, "Okay, pose that up because I want to fast forward to the meet. :p"

Air drives the lot of them through the city, sticking to the UCAS sector to avoid any more checkpoints, and then slips the Land Rover into the Warrens. Carefully picking it through the debris strewn streets of the Warrens he drives into the neutral area and parks it by the Rez. Taking a boat out into the rez he heads to an island, and when he comes back he looks completely different. Decked out in full heavy security armour and with a long weapon which he tosses into the land rover. "Alright, meet time." With that he heads the land rover over to the coordinates, looking for the warehouse in question and parking the vehicle.

Mr.Terrific 's eyes widen with the 'holy shit' expression upon seeing the heavy security armor. Well, hopefully no cops at a meeting with the J.

Air looks like an Ares security guard right now, just devoid of the Ares insignia.
"Are you really expecting trouble ?" Questor looks at Air. " I dont. but well, you are right, better safe than sorry", checking his pistols.

Air laughs behind the blackened visor, "I expect trouble all the time, especially in this drekhole." Clambering out of the van he grabs the assault rifle and checks the chamber before safing it mentally and looking around. "Warehouse for the meet, here we go."

So it comes to pass that three very tired Runners arrive outside the warehouse in The Warrens.

As promised, Arachne is there. Though she looks well rested, despite the fact that she's obviously been standing around there for some time. She's in rather different gear herself, too. Armored, with a long, wicked-looking knife on her hip.

"Gentlemen." She says, as they approach, "I am a little perturbed to hear about these complications. I thought we'd reached an amicable agreement on all sides." Her eyes are, mostly, focused on Air. And they are very cold.

"It is not very … noble, of you, to try and use my newness in the city against me. So."

One lip twitches up, "We're all here. I have the payment, you have the goods. What would you say is, a fair price?"

Air glances at the two runners with him, the helmet turning side to side the only indication thanks to the visor, but he remains in a very neutral stance. "I've been here for a long time, and I don't know you. You should expect it. We are not in a noble profession. We're not asking for much, a simple hazard bonus of five thousand each would be acceptable. Having two mages protecting a package along with the gang makes me think it's worth more than that to you."

Mr.Terrific says "As you well know, magicians such as ourselves have certain expenditures and costs that we use up in matters like these. Far more expensive than bullets, they cost us, well.. bits of ourselves."

"It was a lot more dangerous than anticipated." Questor explains towards Arachne. "And well, we also got a name that could be of some value. "

"You had two full magicians, you, and a Troll." She says, bluntly. "I fail to believe that you require five thousand additional on top of the agreed upon price." It's clear that she's actually a little irritated, angry, even. Though she's doing her best to stay calm.

"If it were my money, perhaps I could negotiate some. But. So far, I have simply ensured that I do not take a loss on this enterprise. How much the package is worth to me, is irrelevant. To my principle, it is worth seventy five thousand nuyen. Fifteen of which was used obtaining the information to know who took it to begin with. I believe I am being fair. Now, either take the money I am offering… or walk away. I promise, /I/ won't hold it against you."

"My principal, however…"

Air coughs quietly and shakes his head, "There was one other member of this group when the offer was made. Even his cut would bring us to 18750 each. The simple fact you now won't even move to there, makes me suspicious." He shrugs a shoulder idly, "If you believe your principal won't have the same problem with you for presiding over a botch, I wish you luck in the shadowrunning world." Pausing he makes a sound like sucking on his teeth, he glances again at his companions, "I'm happy to liquidate the package through my own contacts, but if both of you would rather deal with Ms. Arachne, speak up."

Mr.Terrific plays good cop. "I think a bonus is not unreasonable given the threat. As they say, there are only two thousand full magicians in Denver and meeting two of them is untoward."
Mr.Terrific graciously says, "If you need to contact your prior for authorization, we can wait. We aren't asking for millions.

«STAFF» Mirage says, "For serious, you are holding up on 5k? Granted."
«STAFF» Mirage says, "Put that in the log, let the staffer who takes it deal with me if they object."

Arachne shakes her head slightly, "I find this, most irritating." She mutters, "An additional five thousand for each of you is going to put me back into loss territory for this little venture. I shan't forget it. There is, however, no point contacting my principal. I have my instructions."

Reaching into her pocket, she produces a set of credsticks, and sets the number on each to twenty thousand. Then, she moves to hand them to Air, and to take the case.

Air lets his Alpha slide onto the sling attached to his webbing and pulls the package out with his left hand while taking the credstick with his right. Pausing a moment he smiles, "A pleasure doing business with you. Now," he does a quick swap with his hands and passes the package along with the 20k credstick back to Arachne. "Your first lesson of Denver, we're backstabbing, greedy, treacherous and thrice-damned. Don't trust any of us. We'll stay in touch." The other two sticks he hands out to the other runners, leaving himself in the loss for this run.

Mr.Terrific has no argument with this action as long as the credsticks hold proper. "As for me, hopefully we can meet on better terms next time, and I will say some things to you privately."

Questor "Fine..there is still one last thing. Maybe its usefull for you. The box was intended for someone called Leon. " Questor nods towards Archane before he starts to turn away. "Take care"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License