Risky Extraction Leads To Docwagon Reaction
GM: Strings
Players: Croc, Baron, Haken
Synopsis: A synopsis of what happened here.
Date: January 5, 2071

Each of you has been contacted by your various sources for business and asked to take a meeting with a puppet at the RagDoll for a short notice run. The contacts tell you it will be a hot one… involentary extraction with opposition. You are asked to meet at the Doll and to bring your full action kit. Baron is asked to bring wheels, Croc and Haken are asked to bring all their toys.

Baron shows up in an RV, cause thats all the wheels he has. Its not super fast, but its got some tricks to it, namely a changing paint job and plates, though, again, it is an RV, if this plan requires speed, he is going to have to walk away more than likely. He makes his way into the meet, waddling his bulk around.

As each of you arrive at the Doll you check in with management and are directed to a table occupied by an older woman in bad tweed pantsuit. She is smoking and gestures you to sit. She provides basic non committal conversation and basically indicates she is waiting for everyone to arrive.

Haken shows up in his Ares Roadmaster. He does a quick circle of the area before heading in to look for the contact. Never one to turn down work, he checks out every opportunity.

Croc arrives, wearing his sunday best, leaning on a pimp-ass cane. He finds a seat near the older woman, leers at her with little beady eyes, and sits heavily. "Hola," he says.

Notes about the woman: A human in her 50s she is identified as a puppet. Puppets are expensive gear… essentially they are fitted with full simsense and skillwire gear. When meetings occur the puppet's conscience is turned off and the J controls the meat remotely. In high end joyshops very expensive systems ensure wealthy patrons get what their looking for without any witnesses. She will have no memory of the meet. The Shadow community, and fixers particularly, look poorly upon messing with these ex-whores as they are sometimes the fixer's only contact to certain Js. In game terms she will know nothing as to what she briefs you on.

Baron reaches into a pocket and pulls out a candybar, opening it and taking a bite while he waits for the show.

The puppet stubbs out her cig and her head twitches to the right, then she slumps forward slightly. When she rises back up her bodly language has changed. She proceeds to introduce herself as Mr. J with a chuckle and thanks you all for taking the job on short notice.

Haken says "No problem. Work is work, and cred is cred after all."

Baron grunts, and thats it.

Croc grunts. "Tank me after I take it, jefe. Haven't heard what I am getting paid jet."

Mr. J proceeds to explain the extraction. (s)he has discovered that a certain person of interest is going to be at a certain home address of his girlfriend this evening n her security level c neighborhood. He will have 2 samurai covering him and is a docwagon client. The J would like you to extract this person with minimal fuss and deliver him to another team that will provide transpo.

After his summary the J asks for questions.

Croc says "Mininum fuss. Does dat mean go in quietly and take him out from under dere noses? Or can we kill dem all?"

«Plot» Strings says, "Oh btw your fixers said this was a 35k per payout"

Baron grunts "Does the man need to be intact?"

The puppet makes a sly smile and says "I really don't care how Muhammed arrives in your care. I just want to be able to talk to him for a long long time once I have him. So no disintigrations this time Boba Fett." The puppet chuckles with male manerisms.

Baron looks to Croc "Cut off the hand with the docwagon bracelet."

The puppet cocks her/his head "I will not pay if he is to severly damaged to provide the information I want. Have care in that."

Haken nods. I'm in for whatever my part is.

Croc nods. "He will be able to speak. What about his guards, and de girlfriend? Better from joor end if it just looks like a mass murder, si?"

Baron grunts "If we do this fast, and take off the bracelet, I can bandage him up in my RV while we drive away. No one will catch us. Where is the drop zone?"

Waiving airly the J/puppet drops a burner (prepaid cell) on the table and says "As I said I do not care about how you do it just get me that man. In the cell are photos and the address. When you have him call the only number in the cell… it is in another burner with the other team. They will be close and will rendevous with you for pick up.

Croc nods. "Sounds good. Joo want it tonight, we do it tonight." He rises. "Is dis it, toots?"

Baron stands up, stuffing the candybar into his mouth as he moves over and picks up the cellphone, looking at it for a moment for the photos and information.

The puppet says "I think you have what you need. Good luck. I will go now this sharmuta is charging me a fortune. Good day" the Puppet then suddenly slaps itself hard in the face, then smashes its faces once into the table and then flings its head back into the wall with a <thock> and goes limp. After a few moments the body twitches and returns to the original mannerisms that you observed when you arrived.

Baron pockets the Cellphone and looks to Croc "You need a ride?"

Rising, Haken says, "Ok then. Shall we meet somewhere more private to discuss this further?" staring at the puppet as she assaults herself.

Puppet mutters "That fucking prick." she is bleeding freely from her broken nose. The woman produces a tissue from her pocket and covers the damage.

Croc rises, looking at the others, then nods to Baron. "Jes," he says. "Yo neccisto. Will bring my quiet gun… or should I bring my pussy?"

Baron grunts "I've got loud or quiet, I say we go quiet, cant be two hard, just two sammys. Gives us a few more seconds of time before people know whats going on."

The puppet looks at you all sitting at the table and makes a shooing motion.

Taking his cue, Haken makes his way toward the exit. No need to give people something to gawk at.

Croc will lead the others out before continuing. "Talk in joor ride, then, Baron?" He asks.

«OOC» Croc says, "what kind of area is the apartment in?"

«Plot» Strings says, "100 year old house in a crappy subdivision"

Baron nods and leads everyone to his RV.

«Plot» Strings says, "used to be middle class but now just above warrens"

«OOC» Baron says, "Alright, Haken, your going to drive my RV for us

«Plot» Strings says, "The op is in about 5 hours so you guys can do whatever leg work you like… otherwise we can fast forward"

«OOC» Baron says, "Strings, I'm going to put up my Ruth Blimp over the location, its practically invisible to watch the target house."

«Plot» Strings says, "Target house 444 Moline Street http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=444+Moline+st,denver+colorado&sll=39.722026,-104.857163&sspn=0.003132,0.004801&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=444+Moline+St,+Aurora,+Arapahoe,+Colorado+80010&ll=39.722397,-104.857056&spn=0.003132,0.004801&t=h&z=18"

«Plot» Strings says, "Ground view of target http://maps.google.com/maps?q=444+Moline+st,denver+colorado&layer=c&sll=39.722397,-104.857058&cbp=13,65.95,,0,0&cbll=39.722329,-104.857461&hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=444+Moline+St,+Aurora,+Arapahoe,+Colorado+80010&ll=39.722479,-104.857399&spn=0,0.009602&t=h&z=17&panoid=kip8gCmbDcnQ-GFRIUiL7A"

«Plot» Strings says, "Any legwork or are we fast forwarding time?"

Baron gets a birds eye view of the house, then displays it on his trid for the folks in the RV to see. "Alright." he jerks a thumb to the back of the RV, where a humanoid drone with a Sabre on its arm stands. "I've got the sniper blimp in the air, I'll send in that ground drone to help you clean up the defense. We grab the guy, load him up, and drive away. We can switch paint jobs on the way. Sound like a plan?"

Croc grunts. "Would just like to blow it up, but den we wouldn't get de damn target. Hate taking fuckers alive. I say we go in, take dem, blow up or burn down the house so de authorities are busy while we go away. If de houses were closer, we could burn de whole thing down."

«Plot» Strings says, "Int roll for everyone vs 4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "i'm bad at these things! is a troll!":

2 2 3 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:

1 1 1 1 2 4 9 9 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "Cursory review of the satmap shows there are only a few ways out of the subdivision and the star could easily bottle up this RV there."

«Plot» Croc rubs his chin. how extensive is the sewer system around there?

«Plot» Strings says, "Make a computer roll vs 4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Computers + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 4 for "hrm.":

4 4 4 11 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "48" Standard main line."

«OOC» Baron says, "How many exits to the area are there?"

«Plot» Strings says, "Runs down the roads. The sewers you are thinking of are Combined Sewer systems that are found downtown."

«Plot» Strings says, "The star could constrict traffic pretty easily with about 8 checkpoints"

«Plot» Haken says, "Jacks into the RV and drives the team to the appointed spot."

«OOC» Baron says, "Correction, Facing North on Molene, at 550?"

«OOC» Baron says, "North of the 5th Ave intersection"

«OOC» Baron says, "So I can escape to a main road quicker"

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-

==========================> Current Denver Weather <===========================

Condition : Mostly cloudy

Temperature : 57 F (13 C)

Feels Like : 57 F (13 C)

Humidity : 26 %

Barometer : 29.59

Visibility : 70 miles

Wind : 5 mph from NNE

----> Last Updated: Dec 19 2070 16:35 CST <----

As night falls on the mostly cloudy evening sky the team muster about a block away from the target site. Overwatch shows typical traffic through the area and activity at the target address. Its not a great neighborhood so the folks that notice the RV generally lock up their homes and turn on all the exterior lights.

The RV is painted solid Black, with plates that are hard to read and a fake transponder code.

At 20:22 the overwatch observes an Ares Executive SUV roll up E 5th to Moline and pull over on 5th right in front of the walkway leading to the front door of the target property.

Croc will slide out of the RV once they're in position, his cloak draped around him. As he pulls up the hood, he engages the scanners. The cloak shimmers and he blends into the night, sweeping around the subdivision, heading for a rear entrance to the house.

Baron watches carefully, sitting in the bed of his RV and jacked in to observe. He reaches for his Ramen noodles and slurps up a big mouthful.

Exiting from the vehicle are a couple of regular security heavies. Both are Orks and they both twitch like they are wired. Openly armed with AssRifles (Ares) they review the scene before opening the passenger side of the SUV and escorting a man to the house. From the blimp angle you cannot see who this is through the homburg hat he is wearing.

«Plot» Strings says, "OK so Croc it takes you 5 minutes to navagate the block"

Once their charge is inside one security man enters with him and the other returns to the SUV which drives off. As Croc works his way closer to the target the blimp notes the SUV is turning onto Newark.

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Security Procedures:

1 3 3 5

«Plot» Strings says, "Baron recognizes this as a classic bodyguard tactic of keeping the armor moving and patroling the area. The vehicle will act as reserve force if something happens."

«Plot» Strings says, "If he holds to the bodyguard book he will spiral out"

«Plot» Strings says, "And will pass your position sooner or later"

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "One guard inside, I'll take out the second guards transport as soon as you make contact. Let me know."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Jest one? I will cut his froat and paint de walls wif his blood."

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Let me know if anyone gets enough sense to hit a panicbutton, docwagon will be coming in hard and fast when this guys vitals change."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "looking at the back door.":

1 1 2 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "looking at the back door. kp 1/10":

2 2 3 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» Strings says, "Well the front door is made of wood you would guess."

«Plot» Strings says, "The back door is made of tempered glass. You might detect that it is the bulletresistant type of tempered."

The drone is waiting int he shadows somewhere, trying to remain out of sight, but close enough if needed.

«Plot» Strings says, "Int vs 4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:

1 2 2 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "You are going through the front door where you know a samurai lurks with an AssRifle and you will be cutting out the lock which will not be quite and you are setting no diversion?"

«Plot» Strings says, "quiet"

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Whats the problem, cant you just kick the door down?"

«OOC» Baron says, "Croc, kick the door in, move aside, let the drone do the work"

«Plot» Strings says, "OK… Barrier 4 vs ?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Strength for "BREAK IT!":

1 2 2 4 5 5 9 13

Baron jumps into his Servitor drone, then stands in front of the doorway, his left robot arm raised with the Sabre at the ready.

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Initiative using a VCR rating 3 with a result of 27.

«Auto-Judge[]» Haken (#11213) rolls Initiative using a VCR rating 2 with a result of 20.

Croc's methods are rarely discreet. The nearly-invisible troll creeps to the door, blades slowly sliding out of his fists. He studies it briefly, thinking, thinking about the man with the assault rifle… then he shrugs, spins, and kicks hard, applying all his trollish strength into one focused attack on the door… poised to spring out of the way.

OH YEAH.

«Plot» Strings says, "You see a foyer with 3 exits… straight is a hallway, right is to a kitchen, left to a livingroom."

Baron starts walking his drone right inside the door, quickly, pausing as he gets into the room to scan to the left and right. The drone whines as its electric engine powers its movements.

«Plot» Strings says, "Lol… 50 percent change and you got it… Samurai is squating on to the left about 5 feet from the door holding his action with his assrifle."

Strobing light, accompanying thunder, as the Sammy gives the drone all he's got. It is a professional ambush and would have taken down most. After a moment he realizes his problem and a flicker of concern crosses the professionals' mask.

The overwatch records the flashes from the home and notes the SUV has just accellerated rapidly making a left on E 6th headed toward Moline.

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 6 for "Base TN 4, +2 Recoil, 18D Damage, REgular Ammo at the guy.":

2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 7 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Base TN 4, +2 Recoil, 18D Damage, REgular Ammo at the guy. KP:1":

1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 7 13 = 2 Successes

Baron steps into the room, turning to the left, and suddenly sparks fly from the armor as a volley of lead is unleashed at the mechanical man. Thankfully, the owner expected this and has 7 millimeters of armor plating on the drone. He raises the left arm, and unloads a suppressed fire of full auto at the target.

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 7 vs TN 7:

1 1 1 1 5 14 15 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 9 vs TN 10:

1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 9 = 0 Successes

When ten rounds of 7.62 MM ammo rip into a human, its not a pretty sight. Lungs, kidenys, various internal organs are perforated, torn to shreds, the body goes into shock, and blood loss is staggering. The man staggers back intot he wall, and slumps down to the floor, dead.

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Sammy down, get the target."

«Plot» Croc says, "perception. I have thermographic vision, trying to figure out where the other occupants are."

«Plot» Strings says, "no exit to the living room so your options are right or straight?"

«OOC» Croc will go right.

«Plot» Strings says, "Into the kitchen where a back door is open and you can see a man running like a bat out of hell"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '5 (9)'.

«Plot» Strings 00:10 since the vitals on Sammy 1 went down

Croc is moving through the house carefully, bringing up his own Sabre as he looks left and right… then he catches movement out of the corner of his eye, and he's on the run himself. For all his size, the troll moves FAST. Legs churning, the pitfighting champion moves quick as a snake, letting go of the rifle, letting it hang on his shin. "Stop running, joo fucking gringo!" He shouts. "Stop in de name of de croc!"

At first the bad boy(bad boy) does not know what to do… but one look over the shoulder decides for him that he has to make that fence and so he leaps with adrenaline and terror powering him and makes it. Croc might grab him if he islucky otherwise it is into the next yard you will go.

The metal drone man starts returning to the RV. Baron, puts his brain in the blimp, and tracks downt he SUV, ready to put a bullet in its engine block.

«OOC» Croc says, "when it's my turn, i'll tackle him."

«Plot» Strings says, "You can reach a foot… TN 8 and you need 2 successes use your quickness"

«Plot» Strings says, "If you miss… there is a plot consequence… I am telling you now so you don't think I am making it up"

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Quickness + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 8 for "Son of a bitch! kp 2/10":

1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Quickness + Karma Pool: 1 - 1 vs TN 8 for "Son of a bitch! kp 3/10":

1 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

One step. The clock is ticking. the man's nearing the fence. Two steps. Croc's getting closer, but can he make it in time? Third step and lunge… damn that trog has a long reach. His arm sweeps out, grabbing the man by the ankle as he dives, tugging the man to the ground.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:

2 2 4 5 5 5 10 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "You notice he has cracked his bracelet and is trying to stick it down his pants"

«Plot» Croc will grab for the bracelet and try to throw it aside.

Squeeling the man on the ground is squeeling and begging "Please! Please! What do you want. I have money whatever they are paying you I will double right now." he is babbling.

Croc grapples with the man on the ground, grabbing, twisting, taking his arm that had the bracelet and bending it -wrong-. "There is no bargain," he whispered. "I am a visitation of justice. For joor crimes against de little man, joo will suffer. De Father is watching joo." He twists the arm HARD, and will take the bracelet and throw it away before standing up with his squirming load.

The Bodyguard’s SUV is up to 50 and half way down Moline.

«OOC» Baron says, "Its doing 50, so maybe a +2 movement TN for that. Range is a 5 base TN. Lighting is another +2 I assume."

«OOC» Baron says, "8 Actually if I skip the Smartlink and just use vision mag"

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 8 for "Shooting the SUV as it cruises down the road. 14S AV bullets.":

1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 7 - 1 vs TN 8 for "Shooting the SUV as it cruises down the road. 14S AV bullets. KP:2":

1 1 1 2 2 2 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 7 - 2 vs TN 8 for "Shooting the SUV as it cruises down the road. 14S AV bullets. KP:4":

2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 10 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Baron says, "Stand with 4 Successes. His vehicle armor is Halved against my 14S power with 4 successes. If he is not a rigger he cannot dodge."

«OOC» Baron says, "I'd assume your using the Federal Suburban, its a good vehicle. Armor 8, halved to 4. Roll 4 Body dice against TN 10."

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) uses 1 of item 11: Sniper Rifle Rounds: AV from AS Condor LDSD-41 Drone (#8653).

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 4 vs TN 10:

1 1 3 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Baron says, "Vehicle now makes a crash test since it took D damage"

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "Threat pool 1 of 5":

1 1 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "Threat pool 3 of 5":

1 1 7 10 = 1 Success

«OOC» Baron says, "Still takes D damage"

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 5 vs TN 5:

1 2 2 3 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Threat Pool 4 of 5":

2 3 7 14 = 2 Successes

High up in the air, a blimp hovers, watching the scene, the ruth on it concealing it from sight. Out of the side of the base, a turret pops out, rotates to point down, and tracks a moving vehicle. A single thought sends a AV bullet down and into the engine block of the vehicle.

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Get the RV in front of the house for Pickup now!"

Upon hearing the com, Haken pulls out into the street and heads towards the target house. "On my way."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "SUV is between me and joo. Heading on an intercept course. Can joo meet me on Newark?"

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Do it driver."

Commlink-Haken> Haken says, "Got it."

Croc having discarded the tracker, Croc will start cutting across backyards, heading for newark street. Once there, he will throw the cloak over himself and the target, squeezing the target oh-so-tight, enganging the scanners and making himself as hard to see as possible.

Hearing the this change of events, Haken changes plans, and starts heading towards Newark street to meet Croc.

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "After pickup, take 5th to Kenton, then north to 6th, and get us heading out of here."

Commlink-Haken> Haken says, "Copy that."

The Blimp places its turret back out of sight, and floats lazily off following the RV. A big advertisement for NERPS painted on the side now.

The Metal man Drone runs fairly fast, as it catches up to the RV and leaps in as they slow to take a corner.

Arriving at 5th and Newark, Haken turns left and heads up Newark. "I am heading up Newark now Croc. Get your ass moving." he says into his comlink. After straightening out, he cruises up Newark at a slow pace, giving Croc a chance to make it to the vehicle.

Baron grunts, and sends a mental command to the RV, changing its paint scheme to a blue number now, with waves on the side like the ocean.

Croc will squeeze the man he's holding harder, then deliver a nasty blow to the back of the head, trying to knock him out to shut him up.

Baron waits until Croc and target are in the RV, then dials up the phone number "Target aquired, need delivery site."

Croc tosses the man in the RV and hops in. "Let's get dis delievered," he says, growling. "I'm tired of his attitude. Did joo know he does not even respect de lord his god?"

Commlink-Haken> Haken says, "We're good as gone people."

Hearing the door close after Croc hops in, Haken picks up a bit of speed and heads towards 6th street. He hangs a right and proceeds towards the meet.

02:00 since downing the sammie

Nightshade picks up the phone from her case, checks the label then answers, "Nightshade's Delivery service, what do you need delivered."

02:00 since downing the sammie

Baron grunts "Shade, its chimpunk, I'm just north of Aurora in my RV, I need a spirit to conceal it. I'm Moving North, then east, heading to Del Mar PArk, thats just Northwest of Aurora Hills Golf Course. Need it ASAP. Whats the fee.

02:09 since downing the sammie

In the background of the phonecall on Nightshade's end are the noises of the city, and the low growl of an engine in need of tuning. She picks up her case and tosses it into the van, her muscles still warm from the workout in the gym. She plugs in her headset looping it over her ear as she starts to climb in after the case, then stops, "5k for a baby, 10k for an adult, 50k for a monster."

Baron grunts "10k, done, I know you can track me down for it if I dont. Do it now."

Nightshade glances around at the city street, "Right, stay on the line." She steps inside the vehicle sliding the door shut to hide herself from view and starts conjuring.

02:15 since downing the sammie

Overwatch picks up 2 panzers low and fast over the city on two seperate vectors but both headed right at the target house. Screaming engines and 10,000 candelight spots pin the house and the surrounding area as the DocWagon HRT teams make a HOT insert onto the target home. Air traffic over UCAS Denver shifts as expert systems reroute traffic to allow DocWagon their operational room to execute their contract.

«OOC» Nightshade says, "Conjuring a Force 7 City Spirit, TN 7. Drain S. Takes 3 seconds. Sending my Ally spirit to locate Baron (using Sense Link and Telepathy to guide it using map on poc-sec) should take maybe 15-30 seconds at astral speeds. Directing City Spirit to go conceal Baron. 3 seconds at astral speed to travel, 3 seconds to conceal."

«OOC» Nightshade says, "Total time should be maybe 45 seconds on the outside, I should walk away with light to moderate stun if I'm unlucky."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls Conjuring + 4 (Aid Power) + 1 (Karma Die costing 1) vs TN 8 for "F7 City Spirit, BG Count 1. 1 Karma used.":

1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls Conjuring + 4 (Aid Power) + 1 (Karma Die costing 1) vs TN 8 for "F7 City Spirit, BG Count 1. 1kp reroll 2 Karma used.":

1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 9 11 15 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls Conjuring + 4 (Aid Power) + 1 (Karma Die costing 1) - 3 (successes) vs TN 8 for "F7 City Spirit, BG Count 1. 2kp reroll 4 Karma used.":

1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls Charisma vs TN 7 for "Resisting S Drain, has Trauma Damper.":

3 5 7 10 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nightshade (#3173) rolls Charisma - 3 (successes) vs TN 7 for "Resisting S Drain, has Trauma Damper. 1kp roroll 5 used":

1 2 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Nightshade says, "Nightshade has a F7 City spirit owing her 3 services appear. First Service, go conceal the van and it's contents and passengers. Once concealed it will return to her for further instruction, travel will be done at astral speed. Ally spirit will also return at astral speed."

«Plot» Nightshade is at L+1 Stun Damage from the conjuring.

«OOC» Nightshade says, "Appx 45 seconds after the phone call, the van will be at +7 to spot."

03:00 since downing the sammie

«OOC» Nightshade says, "The city spirit will appear for 3 to 6 seconds then vanish, it does not need to maintain LOS on the vehicle so long as vehicle remains in te city."

«OOC» Nightshade says, "The ally spirit was just to make it easier to give directions to the city spirit so it didn't have to 'search' for them. I can uses it's eyes to see the streets and telepathy to guide it, then it can lead the city spirit there faster than the city spirit can search."

Nightshade growls a few curses as she kicks shit out of the way in her van, several cans of bonk cola roll together to form a face on the floor of the storage area. "Cute." She says putting her hand to her head as the headache rips through her, the sound of a thousand dice falling over and over in her head. She looks to her ally spirit, which manifests before her for a moment, a mirror image over herself, "Go." The ally whips off, moving at the speed of thought to a spot high above the city, Nightshade quickly calls up a map, finding the area and directing the spirit from it's birds eye view. In a flash it's hovering high in the sky above Baron's Van. In two blinks the ally has returned to the van. Nightshade instructs the city spirit, "Go and conceal the van my shadow will show to you, and keep it concealed until the rise of the sun or it leaves your domain, return for your next instruction as soon as you are able as fast as you are able." The two spirits wink out appearing on the streetside as Baron's vehicle moves past, the city spirit materializing for a moment, a monstrous clunker of a car that belches black smoke pulling out and crossing the road in front of Baron. He disappears into the cloud of the backfiring beast. When he emerges the van he drives is harder to set eyes on, traffic merges curiously around it, tree branches blow to cover it from the air, piles of leaves, gusts of litter, trash trucks and other annoyances of the city hamper any who try and lay eyes on it.

Nightshade looks at the two spirits when they reappear, "Good." She unmutes her phone, "Best not be late on that 10k, need anything else?"

Baron grunts "Not now, wish me luck." he then hangs up.

Croc picks up the phone and calls the contact. "HEY! JOO! We need to drop off a package."

«Plot» Strings says, "plot now stands at 03:00 minutes since the samurai was taken down… DocWagon Panzers withthier HRT teams are at the location you pulled off the extraction from and you are trying to get rid of your abductee."

The voice at the other end of the phone is distorted from a voicemask "Jesus you assholes are red hot right now. What the hell happened?"

«Plot» Strings says, "Now rolling perception from the search riggers vs finding this RV this roll will be made once per minute of game time. Int 6 vs tn 4 +7 from spiritual concealment"

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11:

1 2 2 4 7 9 = 0 Successes

Croc laughs. "It got a little hairy down dere. Everyone was on de damn docwagon. But where can we meet joo? We currently have pursuit shak-ed."

03:15 Since the Sammie got capped

«OOC» Baron says, "I am directing the RV towards a back enterance to the Warrens."

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Smuggling Routes for "BAck way into the Warrens":

1 2 3 3 5 5 10

There is a pause on the phone and then "You fraggers are way too hot to touch in any security zone. Will take him off your hands at the Laguna Sands parking lot." Laguna Sands is an old mini golf center at the edge of the warrens. It is defunct but it has a big parking lot where speed freaks like to race and run demolition derby.

03:30 Since the Sammie got capped

Croc nods. "Got it. See you there. Be Ready." He hangs up, looks down at the prone, broken target, and activates his comm.

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Laguna Sands."

Baron grunts and directs Haken to the location "Keep it easy, dont alert the cops, no speeding."

«Plot» Strings says, "From here there a few quick routes to the warrens. As Baron said it is a few miles away. So base time to get there is 30 minutes. With your roll I am assigning a tn of 4 and you can reduce the time to get there by 2 minutes per success. Do you wish to KP your roll?"

«Plot» Strings says, "Minus 6 minutes based on your Smuggling Routes roll"

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "I know a bit about border crossings, if it can help."

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls Smuggling Routes - 3 vs TN 4 for "Trying to find a good path. KP:1":

2 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Baron stands with 6 successes, -12 minutes.

«Plot» Strings says, "6 successes = 12 minutes shaved"

«Plot» Strings says, "18 minutes to get there with a TN of 11 +1 per try as you get farther and farther away from the initial search grid"

04:00 Since the Sammie got capped 17:00 from the Laguna Sands

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Border Crossings + Task Pool: 1 for "ADVICE!":

1 2 3 4 16 27

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 12:

1 1 2 2 3 14 = 1 Success

«Plot» Strings says, "OK so the folks at DW just picked you up… they will now have a TN of 4 + 7 (magic concealment) to keep you in their sights"

«Plot» Strings says, "At this point they still are not sure their client is not in and around the house. It will be another 5 minutes until they can clear checking everything."

05:00 Since the Sammie got capped 16:00 from the Laguna Sands and 04:00 until they decided that they need to search this vehicle

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment and no range modifier because they caught you once.":

1 1 2 2 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "Oh I missed the roll Croc… sorry… I think that is worth another 6 minutes if you can convince Baron ic."

06:00 Since the Sammie got capped 15:00 from the Laguna Sands and 03:00 until they decided that they need to search this vehicle

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +1 as you get away from where they caught you last.":

1 2 2 2 3 14 = 1 Success

Croc adjusts some things, looking at the map. "Joo should turn left up ahead, over past Hawthorne. There's a gap in the sensor grids that makes for a good crossing into the warrens. They just sizzled out yesterday, haven't been fixed yet. Do Joo read me?

Baron grunts "They keep pinging us somehow." he adjusts his course, since his method keeps getting them caught.

07:00 Since the Sammie got capped 08:00 from the Laguna Sands and 02:00 until they decided that they need to search this vehicle

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment and no range modifier because they caught you once.":

1 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

08:00 Since the Sammie got capped 07:00 from the Laguna Sands and 01:00 until they decided that they need to search this vehicle

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +1 as you get away from where they caught you last.":

1 2 3 4 10 11 = 1 Success

09:00 Since the Sammie got capped 06:00 from the Laguna Sands and 00:00 Since DW realized they want to search this RV

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 13 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +2 as you get away from where they caught you last.":

2 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Strings says, "Int roll vs 4 please"

Croc will adjust himself in the RV, moving towards the back, getting his Panther Assault Cannon readied. He doesn't kick open the door yet, just waits. He loads the gun, fires up his smartlink and adopts a firing position.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:

2 4 5 5 5 10 14 = 6 Successes

10:00 Since the Sammie got capped 05:00 from the Laguna Sands and 01:00 Since DW realized they want to search this RV

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 14 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +3 as you get away from where they caught you last.":

2 2 3 3 5 9 = 0 Successes

11:00 Since the Sammie got capped 04:00 from the Laguna Sands and 02:00 Since DW realized they want to search this RV

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 15 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +4 as you get away from where they caught you last.":

1 2 4 10 11 17 = 1 Success

«Plot» Strings says, "Lets see what the response time is… 1d6 / 2 minutes away from your position on a 1 they are here and you are engaged. Please roll Baron"

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls 1:

1

«OOC» Baron says, "Ohh holy crap"

«Plot» Strings says, "Care to KP?"

«OOC» Baron says, "Sure!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls 1 for "KP:2 or whatever":

2

«Auto-Judge[]» Baron (#3002) rolls 1 for "KP:4":

3

«OOC» Baron says, "Stand with 3"

«Plot» Strings says, "2 divided by 2 = 1 minute out. It is a GMC banshee p190 to 191 R3"

«Plot» Strings says, "Sorry 3/2=1:30 out"

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Going to bail wif de principle. Will be stealthy on de way out… Good idea?"

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "It would take you forever to reach the drop zone. IF we come under fire, you can bail, lets give stealth another chance."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "all right. As joo say."

12:00 Since the Sammie got capped 03:00 from the Laguna Sands and 03:00 since DW realized they want to search this RV 01:30 until the Banshee will be here

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 11 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment no modifier since they just pinged you.":

2 2 3 4 5 7 = 0 Successes

13:00 Since the Sammie got capped 02:00 from the Laguna Sands and 04:00 since DW realized they want to search this RV 00:30 until the Banshee will be here

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 12 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +1 since they just lost you again.":

1 1 4 4 9 10 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Baron says, "That time for the banshee should be staying, since the only know our last location"

«Plot» Strings says, "1.46 feet per second at 1 mph = 87.6 per minute x 35 mph = 3066 feet from the last position. They had a vector and a speed so they will be damn near on top of you if they pick you up again."

14:00 Since the Sammie got capped 01:00 from the Laguna Sands and 05:00 since DW realized they want to search this RV 00:00 until the Banshee will be here

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 13 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +2 since they've lost you.":

1 1 4 5 10 11 = 0 Successes

Commlink-Baron> Baron says, "Alright, bail out on location, drop of target, get into warrens on foot. I'll park inthe warrens and let them search me."

Screaming in over the neighborhood comes a fully armored and armed vector thrust killer with a mounted auto-cannon. This demonic looking death dealer has its 10k candlewatt search and rescue lights on and it is weaving back and forth along the route you have just taken. Gusting wind blow leaves between you and the pursuer but it is a close thing.

15:00 Since the Sammie got capped 00:00 you are pulling into the Laguna Sands and 06:00 since DW realized they want to search this RV 00:00 The Banshee is nearby searching for you… if they find you you will be in range of their weapons immediately.

«Auto-Judge[]» Strings (#10122) rolls 6 vs TN 14 for "TN 4 + 7 for concealment +3 since they've lost you.":

1 1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

Croc drops the cannon, leaving it in the van, and then grabs the package… opening the door and rolling out of the vehicle, prisoner in tow. Now here, he looks around the parking lot, eager to get this all done with. The nearby rushing of VTOL engines makes him nearly swallow his tongue, but he won't visibly show fear.

Baron sets the Drone pilot to go on into the Warrens after Haken and Croc bail out. Then he grabs a bag, lays it on his bed, plants a detonator, and holds a dead man switch. He then sits in a chair next to the explosives. The RV waits long enough for everyone to get out, then heads on into the Warrens to park once its safely in the Z zone.

The Laguna Sands parking lot at night is a little surreal. Shot up wreaks are everywhere. They seem random in placement but after a moment you can see they all are roughly spread out on a figure 8 of a jury rigged race course. A black panel van rolls out from behind one of the larger truck wreaks and the drive pulls up about 30 feet from Croc and the package with the lights off.

The door to the panel opens and a masked voice from the darkened interior calls our "You have something for me?"

Croc drags the prisoner's unconcious body over. "Jes," he says quietly. "I have dis for you. His arm is broken, but udder dan dat, es bueno. Es yours," he says. "Make it quick. I need to get out of here, and I am sure joo do to."

From inside the panel van the voice says "Throw him in and buenos noches" even through the distorter you can hear the humor.

Baron drives his RV into the Warrens, and finds a parking spot to wait for the Docwagon to either give up on him, or land and check him out.

Croc turns to the burden he's carrying. "Go with god, joo son of a bitch," he whispers. "Joo have sinned, and now joo face the judgement. Remember; de man will always suffer." He turns, throws the man in… then he steps off into the dark and seeks solace in the night.

The door closes with a sense of finality and the black van creeps away on electric moters. Vainly in the distance angry mechanical insects prowl the sky searching but not finding.

Baron finds a place to park once he is inside the warrens and safe from cops. Docwagon might come in here, but the cops wont bother.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Stealth for "INTO THE NIGHT!":

1 2 4 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Stealth for "INTO THE NIGHT! kp something.":

3 3 4 4 9

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License