Log: Praying on the John

GM: Dorian
Players: Mr.Terrific
Synopsis: Following a previous plot, Dorian is hiring quick strike teams to take care of hitmen targetting K.E. snitches around town. Knowing the perfect man for this job, Dorian calls upon Mr. Terrific so that he may protect a young street rat that goes by the name Novacoke. Mr. Terrific prays for her in a bathroom and the rest follows.
Date: 09/26/2076


«Plot» IronFist says, "Alrighty then, as per usual I run my plots with Consent on, because we are not cry babies and know that In Character Actions have In Character Consequences! I will be your GM for the night, but for all GMing purposes and rewards, I am considered Dorian."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I accept these things!"

«Plot» IronFist says, "Very well!"

One of those cool Denver evenings is in effect, summer having come to an official end not so long ago and with that came forth the gradual decrease in temperature. Sundown is about to come, and a phone call is sent towards a certain Mr. Terrific's way. An old acquaintance of his that goes by the moniker Scarface, or commonly known as Dorian. Says he recently landed a big contract with his cleaning company and requires some extra hand. Hell, there's even Benefits! He says to meet him downtown CAS, few blocks east of Falstaff's there's a Warehouse called Johnson's Internation Trading company. Abandonned, and perfect spot to chit chat.

«Plot» IronFist says, "For paranoia purposes, considered C rating Security."

Mister Terrific will take his usual precautions - Falstaff's isn't in the Warrens, but it's close enough. Circuit the place at three blocks out, then two, then one; watch for spirits and magic and snipers, then when things seem appropriate, make his way in on the down low. He's garbed for the location in his usual synthleather and such, appropriate to the weather.

Getting inside the warehouse isn't a hard task, the lot's fence is already open and the main garage door is opened high enough to allow easy passage of an SUV. Magic and snipers are also completely missing. The only thing there is, is a black nondescript Honda 3220, and leaning against it is a tall elf in a black suit enjoying a cigarette.
Mr.Terrific raises a palm. "What's the story, morning glory?" he says as he comes by.

The tall Scarfaced elf takes a last drag of his smoke before throwing it on the ground and stomping it out with a twist of his boot. He blows the smoke out sideways, away from the approaching Mr. T. "Protect and Eliminate, no lethal as much as possible. Star contact of mine wants atleast one arrest on this. Bring the body and his weapons back." Dorian gives the basics of it, see if the other is down for it. "I won't lie, it involves the Mafia." A precaution. Usually a detail that might make some turn around.
Mr.Terrific allows, "I do have a Friend in the Family, but I can keep him out of the loop. And knockouts should not be a problem for me. So am I protecting someone and then eliminating them… ? That seems a little odd but I'm sure you can explain."

"Cordero's, if that's who your friend resides with, then that's up to you." Dorian nods. "No you're protecting a Snitch from a hit. It's the hitsquad, or one of them my contact wants downed and alive for arrest. They've recently been burning loudmouths, Star keeps finding crispy corpses and wants done with it. Media's giving them hell. Bring one back that is linked to the burnings, and consider yourself a paid man. If the snitch survives there's a bonus. If not, c'est la vie." He shrugs.
Mr.Terrific aaahs. "Sounds good. Do I get to meet the snitch, or do I only get the details? And when you say crispy corpses, do you have a consistent cause of death, or do you just mean standard burned body disposal?"

"Some have been burned to death, others have been burned post mortem. Death having been inflicted by stab or bullet wounds." The elf replies. "If you want to meet the snitch, that's up to you. Or you can just shadow him and act when needed."
[Public] Here To Play Blackwater says, "booo"
Mr.Terrific says, "It's best if I meet him, if only for a short time. Don't want him getting panicked and popping me in the back." Of course, Mister Terrific has to meet him if the glimmerings of his Sekrit Plan are to go into effect.

"I find that to be the wise decision too." Dorian admits with a nod. "Her name is Laura Green. She goes by the streetname Novacat. Evidently that nickname was earned by the type of circles she frequents, and has recently been pinned for a snitch in the Cordero's drug ring. If you want, I can arrange a meeting for you two."
Mr.Terrific says, "Let's do it, ASAP. However this is supposed to work, I'd hate to get there and be too late."
Mr.Terrific , meanwhile, sends some mental commands to his ally spirit, who will be driving his car and fetching for him the gear he will need.

Dorian nods, fiddling out a pocsec and tapping onto it for a few moments. "Alright, I'll set up a meet point with her. She's a warrens rat, or cat I guess-" A shrug "-anywhere particular?"

Mr.Terrific says "If we want to cut down on property damage and harm to innocents, then we could do the Bentley Building in the Warzone. Or… Angel's Delight is pretty low-key too."

"Angel's Delight it is, don't think it's the type of girl who would wander into the warzone. You can bait her there if you want though, the rest is.." Dorian taps on his pocsec. "..entirely up to you."

Mr.Terrific thusly heads back into the Warrens - easy when you aren't carrying anything astoundingly illegal - and meets up with his ally spirit in the car; which has some very nice foci in a very special case that protects them from wandering astral eyes and spirits and the like. And thusly becomes prepped to hit Angel's Delight upon the appropriate schedule.

The sun is set, the moon is starting it's rise and the sky is partly cloudly. Angel's Delight however, stands out in the rest of Shenandoah. As per usual, the place has it's typical Razorgirl barmaids and waitresses. And a clique of yellow and silver dressed Gangers. All of which carry mixture of identifications related to the A, along with Halos and Wings. Seated alone in a corner table and nursing a glass of untouched beer is a young lady in a brown ponytail currently wearing simple secure clothing, green cargo pants and a black hoody over them.

Mr.Terrific assenses her first, of course; doing his best to penetrate any masking she may or may not have. Assuming that her aura matches the general description and she is not a vatgrown ninja disguised at the woman in question, he raises his palm and waves his hand to gather her attention so that he can come up to her without any spazzing out.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg 1 or 2 in Angel's Delight":
1 1 2 3 4 4 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
1 1 2 4 5 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4:
1 2 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So 4 successes on assensing."

Laura Green carries a relatively clean aura, she isn't polluted by wares, however her nose and lungs are marked by drug use. She's weary, fearful, and unsure. Could one blame her though? You learn you been flagged as a whistle blower, and corpses start showing up burned around town. And now she was next?

Mr.Terrific thinks she doesn't appear to have spazzed out, so Mr. Terrific approaches. "Hey there. You might have heard of me… people call me Mister Terrific, because I do not claim to be awesome or even superior, but I am Terrific." He'll even shake her hand gently if she should accept.

Laura appears a bit taken back by the man's introduction, pausing in stupor before finally managing a small giggle. Apparently that aided in disarming the situation a bit. "Yes I was expecting you.." She says once she's recollected and shakes the offered hand softly.

Mr.Terrific smils, and breathes in time with her to build rapport. "Good. I'll be helping out with your little problem… that I really don't need to know anything about. I just had one question. Do you mind if I pray for you?" The look on his face is totally honest, totally serious, and that makes it even more ludicrous.

"Uh..Well..Uh.. That's the first time I've heard that one.." Laura seems to muse at first. "I..Guess?" It was an odd request to hear for her, but she had to trust this one right?

Mr.Terrific mow smiles broadly, and appears to let himself relax, like she totally made the right choice. "That's wonderful. After all, we are surrounded by Saints, aren't we?" And with that he gets up and steps back, saying, "I'll be in touch." And heads to the restroom.
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "mow/now"

"Oh..Uh..Okay..UHm-…?" And then Mr. Terrific is out in the bathroom and Laura is left dumbfounded. She looks from side to side, and then simply sips her beer.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Okay! Now, I am going to be using 'Divination' to get a vision of when the attack on her will come; so I can intercept it and hit it before it gets in place. Divination is on MitS p74 and 75, and I need to know whether that is 'specific' or 'very specific'."

«Plot» IronFist says, "I assume to know the Time would be specific, and Time and Location would be Very specific."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So that is TN 10. My objective is to get to 5 successes tn 10 on my Divination test and that will get me as good as it can possibly be. Let's see if I can get there."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) has the Focus rabbi regalia with the following information:
-----> Focus for Mr.Terrific (#7242) <-----
Focus Alias: rabbi regalia
Force: 12
Focus Type: Centering
Linked Skill: Divining
Active: No
Bonded: Yes
GM Note: Full rabbinical ceremonial regalia - tallit, phylactery on arm and head, prayer shawl. Decorated with orichalcum thread.


«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 vs TN 10 for "Here goes":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 vs TN 10 for "kp 1":
2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 vs TN 10 for "kp 3":
1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 9 10 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 - 2 vs TN 10 for "kp 6":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 - 2 vs TN 10 for "kp 10":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 8 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 - 2 - 1 vs TN 10 for "kp 15":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 7 10 10 14 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "6 Successes on Divination test it is."

And so Mr. Terrific prays within the Angel Delight's bathroom, and his question soon comes to him with a response. A group of three men, striking two nights from now. Novacat is using what appears to be an alleyway, perhaps a shortcut, and that's where they intercept her. Automatic fire echoes in the alley, and soon everything lights up in flames.

Mr.Terrific focuses his mind as he davens (the bobbing and praying that the Orthodox Jews do) wearing his hastily-donned regalia, striving to recognize every detail of the three men, every clue that he can gather ahead of time as to where they came, what the alleyway is, what they look like, how far from one another they travel, do they do it in a car, were they laying in wait, do they come up behind her, did they encircle her, and so forth. And then he's finished and while the vision is fresh, he is no longer in his trance. He packs up his gear in its special case and makes his exit…. to find that alleyway.

The headman of the group wears a full faced gasmasked with tinted goggles, his hair is fashioned in a red mohawk and his form clad in layers. His back sports a fuel tank, and is linked to a flamethrower he carries. The other two wear similar armored layers and don moded Ares Alphas, one having slicked back hair pulled back into a thin ponytail, while the other seems bald and covers it up with a wide brimmed fedora. They wait for her to cross an intersecting alley, and they strike from her right side.

Mr.Terrific 'discusses' it mentally with his ally spirit as he moves. "That's a pretty professional rip crew." "Yeah, must have them on a long-term contract." "The fedora wearing one - if there's a mage or adept, that's him - total neckbeard." "I'll be careful. I assume you want me in the astral covering the chick?" "Covering the chick it is. I'll spell you when you need it."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And so, Mister Terrific's ally spirit will generally be stealthy in the area of the girl, in rattlesnake form in the astral, hiding, to make sure nothing totally out of the ordinary happens before the critical date. Maybe he'll spot when the trio 'acquire' her, or maybe not. But by his vision, she should be alive until that day."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Alright, is Mr. T looking to find the location?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Yes."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Girl left clueless in the bar?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "With ally spirit generally in the area to watch her in case of somethign else."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Rightio!"

The alley in question in the vision is one that leads off towards the Rez, commonly borrowed by Btlheads or the occassional Slot with her client of the night. It stretches out behind various buildings in ruins and what few businesses there are in the Warrens. There's a cross in it, the particular direction they hit from heads north.

Mr.Terrific does his best to get a good idea of it, to get a good idea of the time of day, of what the sight lines will have to be, of where they will have to come from to stand there, and where he will intercept; perhaps at the intersection north of where they were shooting in the vision. He has to assume that they'll have astral vision, so while he'll be invisible, it won't be enough. He'll be empowered too. A matter of careful timing, but there it is.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Do you need me to delineate my plan? Can we fast-forwards the two days?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "You may state your plan if it requires long-ish beforehand preparations. If not, time skip is very possible."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Not really. I'll be invisible and hiding in a pre-emptive location, I'll have four elementals with me; big earth elemental who is commanded to use Movement on myself and my great form air elemental; I'll be Channelling the great form fire elemental for physical buffing, and it's my intent to use a service from the big fire elemental for a lot of dice for a stunball."

«Plot» IronFist says, "That sounds extremely fun."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The big earth and big fire will be in a location that's totally out of sight, but from where they can just hold up their power and be used for their dice."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Alright, night of the attack, you can pose yourself settling in."

Mr.Terrific says, "Powers of flame, heed my call. Rise up, men of the earth. Sylphs of the air, to me!" A bit theatrical, but some claim the elementals like to be so respected. His ally spirit,
Neglect, will be making the air elemental invisible, while he will make himself invisible.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 9 + 4 vs TN 6 for "Neglect casts F6 imp invis, tn 4 bg 2, ally spirits can't center":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 8 9 9 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 9 + 4 - 4 vs TN 6 for "Neglect casts F6 imp invis, tn 4 bg 2, ally spirits can't center kp 1":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "4m stun drain +1 from bg 2 is 5m stun":
1 2 2 3 5 9 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Neglect takes Light, and the air elemental is under an F6 imp invis with 5 successes."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Right on."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg 2":
1 1 1 1 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering - 2 vs TN 2 for "against bg 2 kp 16":
2 2 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "f6 imp invis":
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "against 4m stun drain +1 from bg is 5m stun drain with trauma damper, can't center because only 1 center per phase":
2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 15 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No drain, 9 successes imp invis F6 on Mr. Terrific, and that spell goes into the sustainin focus."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "'Movement' power on Mr. T and the air elemental from F10 earth elemental."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) uses 1 of item 6: F10 Earth Elemental Rhodo KP 8 from Elementals (#7668).

Mr.Terrific commands the earth elemental, "Grant us your freedom of motion." To the air elemental he says, "Fight with me when I attack the burning crusaders." (And he describes them to him.)

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) uses 1 of item 2: F6 Great Air Elemental +1 Reach 11 KP from Elementals (#7668).

The timing on the fire elemental must be precise.. it costs a service per minute and Mister Terrific is, after all, jewish. But he does his best.

«Plot» IronFist says, "All set?"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I will probably do that when I get the first inkling of their arrival, both from my vision, and with astral vision. Oh, and stealth:"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 3 5
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Stealth for "kp 17":
1 2 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Stealth for "kp 19":
1 1 3 4 16
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Stand."

The night of the divined attack, and Mr. Terrific is positioning himself invisibly with a plan to eliminate the threat as quickly as possible. Mrs. Green is wondering along the street, slowly approaching the alley shortcut she borrows, hoodie up and hands nestled in the kangaroo pocket holding onto an old Ares Predator 1 she manged to scrounge up. Down the north alley, a black Americar is pulling up and comes to half a short distance in. Out of it emerge the three men, the Firebug moving to the trunk and hauling his fuel tank on his back, readying the flame thrower. Guido is lock and loading his assault rifle, slipping a mini grenade in the launcher. Likely phosphorous, since they burn people. It's what they do. The Neckbeard is adjusting his fedora and picking his teeth in the car mirror for a few, his automatic rifle slung off to the side a bit.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 2 for "+4 Firebug's KP.":
3 4
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 2 for "+4 Guido's KP.":
1 16
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 2 for "+4 Neckbeard's KP.":
4 5

«Plot» IronFist says, "Firebug will have 11 KP, Guido is at 11 as well, and Neckbeard is at 13."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Does Neckbeard appear to be looking at Firebug and Guido at the moment, like, with his eyes?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "He's very much picking his teeth in the car mirror."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I will Channel my fire elemental from my place of concealment."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Conjuring vs TN 5 for "TN is f*2-initgrade, or 12-7 is 5. I will not use my power focus dice from my ally spirit so I have them to save for my spell.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Conjuring vs TN 5 for "that's okay, get it out of the way early kp 20":
1 2 3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Conjuring vs TN 5 for "that's okay, get it out of the way early kp 22":
1 1 2 2 3 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "That gives me 1 minute, it costs 1 service, and I will pay hefty drain at the end of the minute. I can use the fire elementals powers, and if I hth attack I'll be using fire aura as a free action, and my STR/QUI/BOD is now 12/12/11. But really, I do it so that I have Immunity to Normal Weapons at 12."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Havae I been spotted?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "(That was one complex action.)"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Improved Invis 6 at 5 successes,a nd stealth was …14 ?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "For me, the imp invis is 9 successes and the stealth roll was 16. The air elemental has 5 successes but is totally under cover."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Alright, sorry for the mix up."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) uses 1 of item 1: F6 Great Fire Elemental +1 Reach 11 KP from Elementals (#7668).

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 10 vs TN 6 for "Neckbeard's Perception.":
3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 10 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Neckbeard's Perception. KP1":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 10 - 3 vs TN 6 for "Neckbeard's Perception. KP3":
1 4 4 4 4 4 8 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "He'll stand on that to prevent draining his KP, he's likely not expecting an ambush and figures he's looking decently enough."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 vs TN 14 for "Guido's hearing perception.":
2 3 4 4 5 5 9 23 = 1 Success

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Okay! I attempt to initiate surprise with a stunball that is 24 meters in diameters and should get them all, and oh my gawrsh. :)"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 5 vs TN 14 for "Firebug's hearing perception.":
1 1 3 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Since I am the usual king of stupid perception rolls, I am honored to receive that."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Hahah"

«Plot» IronFist says, "Alright, so now I presume is surprise time!"

«Plot» IronFist says, "Alright, well since you have been heard but are unspotted, I'll grant you half the Ambush bonus, so your surprise test will be at TN 3."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "For luck, I will buy a die for 1!"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Very well"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Reaction + 1 vs TN 3 for "kp 23":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Reaction + 1 - 5 vs TN 3 for "kp 24":
1 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "stand on 6."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 10 vs TN 4 for "Guido's Surprise Test.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 9 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Firebug's Surprise Test.":
1 1 2 5 5 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 vs TN 4 for "Neckbeard's Surprise Test.":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 10 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Guido's Surprise Test. KP1":
1 1 3 3 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Firebug's Surprise Test. KP1":
2 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 8 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Neckbeard's Surprise Test. KP4":
2 3 3 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» IronFist says, "So Guido may not be acted on."
«Plot» IronFist says, "The other two will keep what remains to try and SURVIVE."
«Plot» IronFist says, "You may unleash your Spirit Bomb, Goku."

Mr.Terrific finishes the channelling, settling it into him, and then draws upon the big fire elemental into a massive stunball, completely blanketing the area they are in. His reflexes enhanced, the fire mana burning through.. but oh so gentle and lulling.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "What is the highest willpower amongst them?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Unaugmented?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Highest will be Guido's, 7."
«Plot» IronFist says, "For Reference, Firebug is at 4, Neckbeard at 6."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Because I am rerolling successes, I have to go at the highest, and the rest benefit."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg 2, tn is 7 +2 is 9, -initgrade 7 is 2":
2 4 4 5 5 7 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I have centered away the background count."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 + 10 + 5 vs TN 7 for "F6 Serious Stunball, radius 24 meters, tn 7, 10 dice from fire elemental, 5 dice from ally spirit":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 7 7 9 11 17 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 + 10 + 5 - 7 vs TN 7 for "kp 25":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 7 8 10 10 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Stand, 12 successes, tn 6."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "To succeed they have to buy dice at one for 1 to add to their resistance check, most like."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) uses 1 of item 3: F10 Fire Elemental Hotman KP9 from Elementals (#7668).

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 vs TN 6 for "Guido's 5(7) Willpower, +5 dice. KP:6/11":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 11 14 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Guido's 5(7) Willpower, +5 dice. KP:7/11":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 7 + 5 - 2 vs TN 6 for "Guido's 5(7) Willpower, +5 dice. KP:9/11":
1 1 3 4 5 5 5 5 10 10 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Bye bye Guido."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 2 + 4 for "Neckbear'd Willpower 6, +2 Spell Resistance power, +4 Dice KP8/13":
1 1 3 3 4 5 7 7 8 10 11 15
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 2 + 4 - 6 for "Neckbear'd Willpower 6, +2 Spell Resistance power, +4 Dice KP9/13":
2 3 4 10 10 11
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 2 + 4 - 9 vs TN 6 for "Neckbear'd Willpower 6, +2 Spell Resistance power, +4 Dice KP11/13 Will he make it?!":
4 5 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 + 9 vs TN 6 for "Firebug's Willpower 4 +9 Dice KP10/11 He must hope.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 4 + 9 vs TN 6 for "Firebug's Willpower 4 +9 Dice KP11/11 The impossible miracle?":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 8 10 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And all three may not resist."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "They take D stun!"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 2 vs TN 3 for "2d stun drain +1 from bg 2, with trauma damper":
2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 2 - 4 vs TN 3 for "2d stun drain +1 from bg 2, with trauma damper kp 26":
1 2 3 7 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No drain."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 3 for "Increase Reflexes F6":
1 3 4
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I go at init 20, and…"

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1 for "init for Air elemental f6, so +18 and die doesn't explode":
10
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Air elemental goes on 24."

And the mighty Spirit Bomb lands on those poor three souls, Neckbeard drops to his knees and then face first onto the pavement with blank eyes. He's lights out, and his fedora rolls off to the side. The other two almost succumb the same fate, but an internal ware in both keeps both up, although the Dampner only prolongs their demise at this point, standing at 9 Boxes of Stun each.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 3 for "+10-3Guido's Init, -3 Wound Mod Is what I really want!":
1 4 7
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 2 for "+8-3 Firebug's Init, -3 Wound Mod":
8 11

«Plot» IronFist says, "Guido is at 18, Bug is at 17."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "1-3 the Air elemental attacks Guido, 4+ he goes for Bug."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 1:
3

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The air elemental moves 360 meters per turn, and in a 3 phase turn that gets him 120 meters to contact. He will… use Noxious Breath!"
«Plot» IronFist says, "He was more than ample speed to reach that poor man."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The defender rolls Willpower or Body versus F Serious stun; in this case 6. Respirators reduce the power by 2 and the effect to M."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 9 + 5 vs TN 6 for " Guido's Body 6(9) +5 CP CP5/10":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 7 11 14 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 9 + 5 - 3 vs TN 6 for " Guido's Body 6(9) +5 CP CP5/10 KP10/11":
3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Full soakage!"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Guido remains standing to see the light of day."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Sorta."

«Plot» IronFist says, "Guido will move to the alley's side to use a Dumpster for Cover. He's considered Walking, speed wise. His weapon was already readied."

«OOC» Mr.Terrific will go beat the tar out of Firebug.
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "Say when!"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific moves at 180 meters per turn, or 60 meters across. He is wielding his dulo-dulo sticks, and will jab him multiple times in a very painful fashion. In the astral, the emerald tips draw jagged manalines across astral space with a >scree< of pain that echoes what the firebug will soon feel.

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Escrima + 12 vs TN 4 for "13m stun is the base, as my strength is now 12 and the dulo-dulo sticks, an F12 weapon focus, do str+1 stun.":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 8 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Escrima + 12 - 5 vs TN 4 for "kp27":
2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 8 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "stand on 13 successes. going against Impact."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 5 vs TN 9 for "Firebug trying to hold on, Brawling 6, + 5 CP 5/10 KP10/11":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 5 vs TN 9 for "Firebug trying to hold on, Brawling 6, + 5 CP 5/10 KP11/11":
1 1 1 3 4 4 5 5 8 9 9 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "Effective impact would be 7."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 6 + 5 vs TN 11 for "FIrebug Soaking CP Now is at 10/10. KP exhausted.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 9 = 0 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "FIrebug is out."
«Plot» IronFist says, "You may pose beating the snot out of him. Then we shall proceed onto the next pass."

Mr.Terrific does in fact surround the Firebug with what is commonly known as 'the dance of death'. Stabbing and jabbing, the brutal corundum points into the weak points of his delightfully fireproof armor. (Which is why Mr. T didn't bother with activating his Flame Aura.) He may flail and cover up but the evidence is clear that he can't see Mister Terrific and he was on the edge of consciousness. Mister Terrific doesn't call this a heroic hand to hand battle, but he's not quite here for heroism. He's here for protection.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Air elemental?"
«Plot» IronFist says, "Indeed"

The air elemental was told no killing! So… one more go with the Noxious Breath, and then maybe engulfing if it STILL doesn't work.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So again, F6 Serious Stun, resisted with Body or Will… and combat pool (wise of him to save some)."

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» IronFist (#1922) rolls 9 + 5 vs TN 6 for "Guido's Body 6(9) +5 Remaining CP, KP exhausted.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

«Plot» IronFist says, "And Guido is gased to dea-..Sleep."

Meanwhile, Neglect the ally spirit is keeping an eye on Laura to make sure that this isn't the only attack. She made the right choice - she allowed Mister Terrific to pray for her. Idly, he flips open his personal pocsec and uses his rattly tail to call it in. "Hey, this is Neglect. There's like.. a car here and a lot of evidence. Do we need to transport it, do we sell the stuff to a chop shop, or do they take it all? In which case, they need to move in on Heather Gardens pretty quick."

"They'll send units immediately. I suggest getting out of there."

Mr.Terrific backs out. Under other circumstances, he would keep a closer eye out, he might drug the unconscious guys so they don't wake up, stuff like that. But he can leave Neglect to cover that - if they awaken, even his ally spirit could Stunball them back unconscious. And he can get away very fast when the cops arrive. (He can also keep the looters away.) Mister Terrific looses his elementals, and….

«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 for "When the Channelling is over, Mr. T takes 6d stun drain resisted with Charisma.":
2 2 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[Choochoo]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 for "kp 29":
3 3 4 5 8 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Mr. T take S stun, which becomes 5 boxes with trauma damper. And he walks it off."

Neglect will stay around just long enough to see a Citymaster pull up eventually, about 15 minutes later. Out of it steps out a team of street armored men and they immediately go to work in hauling in the bodies and gathering what they need. Likely an undercover squad. The Americar is left there, and will likely succumb to looters very very very very very very quickly.

Mr.Terrific considers various possibilities… people he could call to pick up that Americar… but nah. It's Saint's territory, leave it to them if the cops don't pick it up.

Neglect fades into the astral and zips away at superspeed; and Mister Terrific is taking a shower. Oh, so good.

Indeed once that CityMaster departs, the car is left behind, and not along after, a small clique move in and get to work on wiring up the car.

«Plot» IronFist says, "Alrighty then! Short and to the point. God bless Divination and a Goku worthy Spirit Bomb."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I thank you kindly. A one-night plot! It's like a dream come true."
«Plot» IronFist says, "Well when you nuke people, that's what happens."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License