Nina - Cain - Simone: To Hellbat and Back Again

GM: GM
Players: Simone, Cain, Nina
Synopsis:
Hellbat (impromptu creature made up) came down to snatch away a teenage girl at the Souk Marketplace. While Nina and Cain protected the community, Simone stole a broken Styer-TMP machine pistol.

Date: 3/8/2076


------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Simone(player), Cain(player), Nina(player/GM)
------> Tue Mar 8 18:17:57 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
This plot may cause a rash, testicular itching, near-sightedness, maiming or even death. Do the players in this plot agree to these possibilities and also the posting of this RP log on Wiki?

«Plot» Simone says, "You know it."
«Plot» Cain says, "I consent."
«Plot» Nina says, "I consent to self mutiliation"

** GM Nina **
IC Time: 3/8/2076 @ 5:15 pm

Simone heads into the bug and desease infested coffin motel. (Place #6)

A small figure in a military surplus parka slots some cred to rent out one of the large, 'troll-sized' coffins at ground level. With the stacks being exposed to the street, they make a convenient place to store things for easy access from the street. That allows the figure to ease a cherry red motorcycle back into the chosen cubby hole before securing the door and slipping the keycard into a pocket. The figure turns and heads into the masses of SINless market-goers, hood up, eyes concealed by riding goggles, and face hidden behind a common breather mask.

Cain and Nina were moving shoulder to shoulder in the crowd of the Souk, their van parked likely a short distance away. Cain was wearing his usual motorcycle helmet with tinted lenses, completely obscuring his face. His mortimer greatcloak covers him, and he has on thick gloves over his hands. He looks like something right out of Equilibrium. But some of that body-guard esque appearance is gone, with his hand holding lightly onto Ninas as they move.

«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Curiosity for "Here for a reason, but can be easily distracted by shinies…":
1 2 4

Nina is dressed in her Warrens-ware, jeans, black hoodie pulled up over her head, red kerchief over her face, combat boots, gloves. She walks quiet near Cain and their body language and tone of their voices reveal they are very comfortable and familiar with the other. The two head into the Souk Marketplace and begin a casual stroll. (ooc: In the astral, within about 75 meters or so in the alleys or rooftops.. two ally spirits lurk in the astral to provide cover/viewing/protection/spell asisstance to their mistress… Nina).

The parka-wearer might easily be identified as female if a decent view is available, but she is easily lost in the masses, being shorter than the vast majority. She shoulders and dodges her way with purpose to find the arms dealers where she'll have the best chance of getting what she came for.

Cain pages: She really isn't throwing much of a hook our way.
You paged Cain with 'Maybe I have to throw a GM event in to get us together now.'.

Simone makes there way out of the coffin motel.
Simone takes up a position near the weapons booth. (Place #3)

** GM Nina **
From the skies… a screech from above sends a chill down the spine of almost everyone (Willpower vs TN 5: If failure, flee in terror for 2D6 turns). Looking upward is a winged creature with a bat face, a female human type body, clawed feet and clawed hands. The creature is naked but the body covered with grey scales and slime as if from a cave. The sunset to the West causes a glare to the eye when looking up in its direction from the Souk Marketplace as it's circling around.. perhaps looking for someone to swoop down and take off and eat.

** GM Nina **
Willpower rolls, then +init

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower vs TN 5 for " OH GOD WHAT IS IT":
1 2 2 2 4 5 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Nightmares for "Aaaaahhh!":
2 2 2
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower vs TN 5:
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 19 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Nina Init":
3 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Willpower vs TN 5 for "Panic Test":
2 3 3 5 8 11 = 3 Successes
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Cain's init to 10.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Nina's init to 18.
Cain has arrived.
«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2 for "+5 She HellBat Init":
3 15
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set HellBat's init to 14.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Simone's init to 10.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Nina……………………… 18 8 — — —
HellBat…………………… 14 4 — — —
Cain……………………… 10 — — — —
Simone……………………. 10 — — — —


«Init Tracker» Current action: Nina at 18 (Init Pass 1).
«Init Tracker» (On deck: HellBat at 14.)

Nina looks skyward and squints, snarling at such a horrific creature but fear is not one of her emotions right now.. it's more a frustration that another threat against the poor people of the Warrens is here causing problems. She holds for now.. seeing what is going to happen. (ooc: Held Action).

«Init Tracker» Current action: HellBat at 14 (Init Pass 1).
«Init Tracker» (On deck: Simone at 10.)

The Hellbat dives towards a teenage girl that is cowering in the open.. her friends have fled and left her as easy prey to be snatched up… it's diving down!!

«Init Tracker» Current action: Simone at 10 (Init Pass 1).
«Init Tracker» (On deck: Cain at 10.)

** GM Nina **
BTW.. totally just made up HellBat. :)

«Plot» Simone says, "Distance from myself to hellbat victim? In line of sight?"

** GM Nina **
Distance from Simone to Hellbat: 42 meters.

Cain actually flinches, a hand starting to go inside his jacket at the first screech of the Hellbat. But he pauses, looking up and spying the foe before he frowns and takes a step from Nina. He rips his glove off, and rolls his hand slowly as he spins a FANCY looking ring on his finger. He takes a settling breath, and then casts his hand out towards the little girl that the Hellbat is targetting. He starts to speak in firm latin.

«Plot» Simone says, "First order of business: have any of the nearby merchants abandoned their posts, possibly allowing an opportunity to steal something?"
Cain pages: Can I center for successes, or center to lower the barrier?

«Plot» Simone says, "I'll use an observe in detail action to find this out if necessary."

** GM Nina **
Half the vendors have fled… 80% of the citizens are trampling each other.

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + 12 (Foci) + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for " Physical Barrier F6, Base6+2 for Background count.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 10 11 11 11 16 21 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for " Soaking an S, need 6 successes":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Correct: BG Count: 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 5 for " Soaking an S, need 6 successes kp 1/5":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 - 3 vs TN 5 for " Soaking an S, need 6 successes kp 3/5":
1 3 3 3 7 9 10 15 = 4 Successes

** GM Nina **
Game Flow Note: Hellbat won't reach the girl/barrier until next pass.

** GM Nina **
Simone is up after Cain's pose putting up the barrier.

As Cain chants, a strong tangible barrier appears domed over the crowd in the form of a horizontal wall, stretched out to the limits of what Cain can manage in an effort to deter the Hellbat from them.

** GM Nina **
The horizontal wall is anchored between two buildings (can't float).

«Plot» Simone says, "I'm primarily interested in finding a Steyr TMP (ideally with a gas vent IV and a folding stock), but if I see the separate components, maybe I can work with that."

** GM Nina **
Barrier Cap: 6 meters wide and stretches between two old abandoned buildings on eitehr side of the Souk Marketplace.

** GM Nina **
No weapon of that quality is for sale in the Souk Marketplace. A Standard Steyr TMP is available but it is not in working condition and has no modifications.

«Plot» Simone says, "Since I was able to remain calm during the chaos, I'm going to let my opportunistic streak win out here. I'm staking out the spot near the Steyr and holding my action as I look for a prime opportunity to snag it."

Nina has waited long enough.. she doesn't know if Cain's barrier will hold, though it's likely it will.. she is energized to "do something" when the teenage girl is in danger. She calls forth filtered mana (Metamagic: Filtering) and directs it in the form of a sleep arrow up at the Hellbat to try and knock it out.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Centering Successes!":
1 2 7 8 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 5 for "F6 Stunbolt SERIOUS Hellbat down!":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 9 11 11 16 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2S Drin, need 6, KP: 27/35":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 11 11 19 = 15 Successes

«Plot» Nina says, "F6 Stunbolt, 8 successes, no drain."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + 3 (KP) vs TN 6 for "Hellbat Resisting F6 Stunbolt SERIOUS 8 successes, KP: 6/10":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + 3 (KP) vs TN 6 for "Hellbat Resisting F6 Stunbolt SERIOUS 8 successes, KP: 7/10":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + 3 (KP) vs TN 6 for "Hellbat Resisting F6 Stunbolt SERIOUS 8 successes, KP: 9/10":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

The diminutive hooded woman in the olive coat drops to a crouch in the frantic mob, clinging to the stalls to not get swept up or trampled. She cautiously creeps past the sales counter of a particular weapon kiosk, head turned toward the goods inside more than toward the nightmarish creature on a rampage, though she does keep her head on a swivel out of a sense of self-preservation.

Nina calls out in Enochian, "Nathral mabatta nefatitto!" She raises an arm and points it at the Hellbat and it's wings go limp.. it spirals… and crashes into the shimmering barrier that Cain produced.. THUD! Saliva and slime spreading out as it snorts in a deep sleep on the translucent barrier above the Souk's Marketplace.

** GM Nina **
Hellbat unconcious.. free rp

Cain holds the magic, drawing a firearm with one hand from inside his jacket. The simple smartgun is linked casually to a line coming out of the sleeve. When the crowd underneath the hellbat has fled, Cain drops his barrier to let it crash to the street. He brings his gun to bear on it, taking a bead just for a moment. He cants his head to look around, then the motorcycle helmet cranes in Ninas direction. As if for her opinion. Its clear that despite Simones efforts to go unseen… well… as one of the only people that didn't run the hell away, she is a bit more noticeable now.

«Plot» Simone says, "Can I check on how likely I might get away with swiping the Steyr? Curious about the shop's owner, possible cameras, neighboring stalls whose owners are still there. But if the shoppers are still running around like crazy it should be good cover (I hope)."

** GM Nina **
Absolutely Simone: +roll Perception to see if you notice any eyes on you. And then +roll Stealth to see how good of a theif you are.

«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Intelligence for "How clear is the coast?":
1 2 2 3 5 8

Nina nods to Cain but then holds up a hand, "What… is that?" She steps closer and notes around the waist of the naked Hellbat are several small pouches on a belt made out of human hair. One of the pouches has burst open on impact with the barrer and then the street and from it is spilled out a pearl necklace and a couple rings. —— Turns out, Hellbats like baubles and shiney things and jewelry they collect from their victims. (ooc: Thus.. fencing for justification for plot payout).

** GM Nina **
Simone notices Cain sort of looking in her general direction.

Cain seems about to execute the creature when Nina steps closer. He straightens up, and glances around more carefully now as he keeps up a watch while Nina kneels down. "Looks like this wasn't going to be its first time preying on people. Surprised it went for so public a place, but these things are brazen as hell."

«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Stealth + Karma Pool: 5 for "Mine! Adding 5 dice with 15 KP. Total KP Spent: 15":
2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 13

** GM Nina **
Cain.. Perception roll please, TN 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Intelligence vs TN 13:
1 1 2 2 3 11 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Simone becomes the "posession is 9/10ths of the law owner of a broken Styer-TMP machine pistol".

Nina nods with a frown, "Horrific.. to think how many people it's killed to collect jewelry like this.. not everyone wears stuff.. wait.." she looks over at the teenage girl and notices a bunch of Faux bling bangles on her forearm, "Ah… it's drawn to the glitz."

Cain nods his head, "Like a damn psychotic Crow." Cain says quietly over Nina, "Well, grab that belt off it and I'll put it down so it doesn't do this to anyone else."

Nina nods at that and moves closer with gloved hands. She takes out a survival knife and cuts the belt loose and then takes off her pack, pulls out a 1 gallon ziplock and then starts stuffing the stuff into the bag as she steps back out of the way.

The woman in olive drab makes a quick motion to snatch the machine pistol before the fleeing Souk dwellers pass her by entirely and leave her fully exposed. The weapon goes up under the hem of the jacket and into a large inside pocket in the lining, and the woman joins the stragglers in their panicked flight away from the scene.

Cain casually rattles off a burst into the back of the harpy. It expires on the ground in a puddle of blood as Cain slides away the SMG after waving the smoke from the barrel. His glove is pulled back on over his hand as his eyes scan about from within the dark prison.

** GM Nina **
People start to filter back in.. they want to get close to the Hellbat and look at it.. cameras are coming out fast (phones) and video is being taken and selfies with the Hellbat in the background… as the cameras come out though.. Cain and Nina have time to turn and quickly walk off if they want to remain anonymous.

Cain slides away from the creature when phones and recording devices come out, a hand moving to rest on the small of Ninas back as he walks her away into the crowd.

Nina slips off with Cain…. as they are departing a homeless guy from the outer edges that almost everyone is ignoring is pointing, "My name be Darron Frizelwitz and on my honor.. THAT is the angel!!" he declares to a homeless woman with him as he's pointing at Nina.
(ooc: +rumor street/5)

Incognito Simone slinks back to the coffins and ducks inside hers in a crouch. She quickly shrugs out of the parka which contains her ill-gotten gains to leave it behind in the event that anyone saw her and might try to search her. She also decides to leave the goggles and breather for good measure. So, with every part of her wardrobe appearing different aside from her leather leggings and low ankle boots, she pokes her head out of the coffin to peer from side to side before stepping out to make her way back to the market stalls. She has a pair of eyeglasses on now, and pulls a white scarf over her head like a shawl to conceal blood red hair, but bangs that hang to her chin still poke out as she walks.

Cain can't help the soft laugh. "My angel." He says playfully under his breath to Nina, giving her a light hipcheck as he glances over towards the homeless man. But he just walks a bit faster now. He doesn't go through an identity swap, but does ask Nina. "So who or what brought us here today?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) uses 1 of item 4: Zen from Empty Datachip Case………. (#8603).

Nina picks up the pace with Cain as a soft chuckle sounds from behind her red handkerchief, "I thought I would check in with the Gilbert family and see if they needed any help with anything. That Diagnose spell is burning me out.. I had to get out and stretch my legs.. I think I honestly need to start over from scratch on this one.. crazy how sometimes some of them are so much harder than others to master."

Sim's emotions are conflicted at the moment, and between the anxiety of possibly being caught for her theft and the thrill of succeeding, she feels the need to light up a joint. She draws a deep breath of tangy smoke as she walks, and near-instantly feels a sense of relief and lessened tension. Now to see if she can get the rest of the parts she needs…

Cain nods his head to Nina as he follows along after her once they clear the area of interest. "Yeah? I'd help, but… I really need to get that spell mastered at a better level." He says with a sigh. "And yeah, I know what you mean." As Cain talks with Nina, his gaze is still obscured by the helmet, but scanning the crowds.

«Plot» Simone says, "Taking a totally different path, but ending up back at the weapon stalls."

** GM Nina **
The Hellbat is being kicked, poked.. one guy is even cutting out it's ear canals and putting them in a bag for some reason. Flash (picture).. Flash… video.. live feed to EweTube.

Nina and Cain have managed to get to the far other end of the marketplace near the coffin motel and done so without people following them.. the Hellbat is a great distraction.

** GM Nina **
Cain, Please +roll Perception TN 8 (You know/met Simone on a few occassions.. maybe recognize her?)

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for " Does I recognize her?":
1 1 2 2 4 5 = 0 Successes

Nina stops, now that they are a ways off and safe and turns to hip-cuddle with Cain and look back and watch the people, "I wonder if those bat things are solitary or live in packs?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Simone (#7451) rolls Germanic Mythology for "Hellbat":
1 2 2

Cain smiles towards Nina, though its only noticeable by the tone of his voice. "… Well, if they are the rest won't be dumb enough to come back here, will they?"

Nina grimices at that, "I don't know.. I hope not. But they seem petty simple minded… zeroing in on shiny trinkets like that.. instinct like."

** GM Nina **
The vendors have returned to their wares.. double checking inventory.

Simone weaves her way back to the weapon dealers, zig-zagging through narrow passages between people, vehicles and stalls. Her scarf stays up and she takes great pains to avoid turning her face toward the stall she ripped off. The zen may have eased her general anxiety, but caution is something deeply embedded in her psyche. She keeps her senses as sharp as the zen will allow.

«OOC» Nina says, "We have to take off.. Cain needs sleep and I'm doing home office work that I need to pay more attention to."
------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Tue Mar 8 19:49:36 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License