Nina and Zen: Asian Angels

GM: Nina
Players: Zen, Nina
Synopsis: A synopsis of what happened here.
Date: 3/6/2076

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Zen (player) / Nina (player / GM)
------> Sun Mar 6 20:44:27 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
This plot may cause a rash, testicular itching, near-sightedness, maiming or even death. Do the players in this plot agree to these possibilities and also the posting of this RP log on Wiki?

«Plot» Zen says, "Agreed."
«Plot» Nina says, "I consent"

** GM Nina **
IC Time: 3/6/2076 (7:30 pm)

---—> Text Message to Zen from Muse (#6503) <---

Zen, this is Muse. Similar purposed task to our like goals has been offered to me. Do you wish to meet to discuss joining?


---—> Text Message to Muse from Zen (#7043) <---

I'm in. I need 20 minutes to get extracted. Pick up at the market we met at?


---—> Text Message to Zen from Muse (#6503) <---

Perfect, see you there. Can you meet me at the Eastern alley by the old rusty Gas Station Sign on the red brick wall.. inside that alley?


Zen responded to the text, looked around and started moving from the scene he was at. Scouting, research. For a good mission to go off needed intel and he didn't have people to do that yet. Keeping his head bowed slightly, he'd blend in perfectly with the rest of the general public, just one of the mass. Making his way for the market, he'd check that follow up buzz to send off a simple response. »Yes. I'll be there.«

Nina forwards her phone calls/txt to the burner phone she keeps nearest the Souk Marketplace so that burner phone will now receive the messages. She then lets Cain and the other magical group members know she's heading into the Warrens for a job (in case she comes up missing).

Nina heads into the greenhouse, makes sure a few things are ready:

  • F4 Inc. Reflexes (Sustaining Foci) +2d6 init (Now 3D6 + 9)
  • F1 Extended Nightvision (Sustaining Foci)

And then.. Nina shape changes herself into a Raven, heads up and out of the greenhouse skylight she's prepared for such exiting and then off and in a "as the crow flies" beeline for the stash she has closest to the Souk Marketplace.

Ten minutes later, Nina (Raven) lands at the stash and takes her human form (naked). She quickly gets her gear in the backpack, checks the phone.. and gets dressed. With that done she cleans up the astral Sig from the shapechange spell and then casts a Wings spell on herself, growing massive black raven wings from her back.. the slits she made with a knife in the back of her hoodie offer the swift growing wings to just out and back and up as they grow in a few seconds to massive 30 foot wingspan. With this accomplished, Nina fixes her red handkerchief around her face, covers herself in an Improved Invisibility spell and then starts to flap.. to take off from the ground and pass over the rooftops on her way to the alley to meet up with Zen.

About on time….

Nina glides in with an audible swoosh of air into the alley, the debris in the alley (papers mostly) swish and blow up by an invisible wind as she flaps to slow her descent, folds her wings back behind her carefully as she touches down and then she drops the invisibility spell as she's dropping the wings spell at the same time.

Nina takes a few moments to clean up the astral signiture from both spells and then walks forward… such was Nina's preparation and arrival.

Zen makes it on the dot. 20 minutes after the text to lean up against the wall, hands in pockets of the jacket while he'd wait for Muse to show up. It was important to not only be accurate but on time. Of course he also wasn't exactly trying to stand out. Zen, as has been seen before, doesn't exactly tense at the sudden arrival, but that feeling of a potential of explosive violence is there. It'd only be after Nina was studied by Zen that he would 'relax' as it were, he didn't draw on her, but instead swept the surrounding area to make sure no one else really saw the grand entrance.

Nina nears, her face still covered but those eyes are familiar now, she steps more near with looking around on the paces that draw her closer and then she offers a biker type hug of greeting, "Glad you were available.. want me to link up to share the info?"

Zen would return that hug, a light nod given, the action slightly more exaggerated. "Go ahead. Safest." Zen would step back, leaning up against the wall again to scan the surroundings as he'd wait patiently for Nina to do her thing. There's the briefest moment of wonder at how his life would be if he hadn't of met Nina and Nine.

Nina does a brief upnod, not using Centering (Enochian language) and that's all that's needed for the release of the careful mind magic, such is her level of power. Zen can feel the familiar magic at the edge of his mind beckoning his approval.

«Plot» Nina says, "F1 Extended Mindlink (Sustaining Foci)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence vs TN 15 for "TN 17 due to Nina being BA. -2 due to being awaken":
2 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

Zen felt that connection attempting. The almost words at the edge of his mind. He'd let it connect, welcoming the connection and the ease it did for the mission in it's entirity.

(MindLink!) I stumbled across a situation where this truck of asian girls are being brought into the warrens in the North Central sector.. The Royals gang territory. The girls were shipped to Cal-Free from Asia and then fixed up medically from the trip, dolled up and have been in a truck for the last 16 hours and are arriving in a couple hours for delivery. I don't know the route, otherwise I'd suggest a snatch in transport.. but I know the dropoff location. They are young girls.. sixteen and seventeen and here against their will.. parents selling them off for money from their government. You interested in making sure they have a few more choices in their lives than prositution? (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F2 Extended Mindlink - Cast @ Force 1":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 14 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 8 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2D drain, need 8. KP: 28/35":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 11 16 = 21 Successes
«Plot» Nina says, "Note: KP: 28/35 due to open queues on 3/6/2076."

** GM Nina **
Spell success, no drain.

Zen's whole body seemed to tense slightly as the words echoed in his head. How could.. ~Yes. Absolutely. That sort of thing has to be ended. Immediately.~ Zen would push off the wall then, hands coming out with one last look around as he'd look at Nina. "A stroll sounds lovely. What do you think?" ~Are we dealing with those who full force should be used on? I don't want the potential of capture leading to future purchases like this.~

Nina nods with a smile, "A stroll would be lovely, thank you. How about wandering Northward through the alleys?" ~Deadly force really unsettles me when it's not to save my own life or the lives of others. There have been a couple times though where my rage got the better of me.. where two men tried to mug me.. and worse. But I try not to end another life unless I am forced into it. But… you share an important point.. they will just order another batch of girls or recapture these if we free them. Is there a way to deal with them other than ending their lives.. that would end this act?~

Zen would nod in answer to Nina, motioning for her to go ahead and he'd fall in step with her. "That's a nice area to go for a walk at times." ~If I knew of a way to do such.. I would. Right now? I have no contact that's in law enforcement which isn't corrupt. Nor do I know how high up they might have a contact. The girls will not know how to get away.. and I don't exactly have the resources to help them.~ Zen would walk in silence for a few moments, his eyes always alert. ~This is the type of situation that training.. my training.. was designed for. To bring peace to those who would buy others, so they may no longer be corrupt, as well as those whom they purchased to have the peace of freedom. I will not kill if you request, Muse. It is your task I am assisting with.~

Muse heads on along the alley with Zen, their walk through the evening Warrens (so far) uneventful as they are 'thalking' (Made up a new word: think talking). ~ If we see a non-lethal opening let's try and use it.. otherwise… you training may be required.~

Zen kept an even pace with Muse. It might look like he was actually leading them through the alleys, but he was actually taking his cues from Muse on what direction. She knew the drop point afterall. ~Agreed. Up to point of engagement, if we see a non-lethal way to end this, I embrace it readily. Otherwise I will bring them peace. That is my way.~

Muse nods to Zen's thoughts shared as they eat up the city blocks and after a forty minute walk they stop at the edge of a baseball field where they take shelter in a recessed dugout along the 1st base line. The baseball field is still used, but not cared for other than by the kids that play here during the day. The dugout smells of piss.

From this vantage point they can see across the field into an industrial park of North Central Warrens.
~The three story brick structure directly across is the warehouse the truck is supposed to be delivered to, the inspection of cargo and payment to take place. It's a huge payout so I'm expecting some pretty good security. Nothing corporate level.. but pretty hefty for Warren business.~

Once Zen and Muse leave the streets and pause in the dugout, Zen would check his ammo. The ultras that Muse has seen were checked first, the rebound ammo ready and waiting. Then Zen would pull the other guns, the nighthawks were painted the same as the Ultras, one black with the white spot, the other white with the black spot. If Muse knew guns, she'd know what type of damage they could do.. and she's seen Zen shoot. He'd do the same ritual check, verify they're ready, then would put them away as well. Looking at the building in question, he'd nod slowly. ~With the amount of security that might be there.. A purge may actually be of the most benefit to the Warrens. This is the type of corruption that I fight. No one should own another. Ever.~ That rage was there, under the mental edge of control Zen had, simmering, but held in check by that training. He'd look around, shake his head slightly, then look back at Muse. ~Do you know of anywhere local they could go to ground to avoid recapture?~

Muse concentrates and makes a gesture towards the building in question (Casting F6 Extended Clairvoyance).. her visual perception changes from being in the dugout to being about 900 meters across the field, across the street and near the warehouse. From her visual point of view.. she "IS" standing right there outside the warehouse.

Muse shares through the mental link her visual perception, like watching a first person shooter scene in a movie Zen can see as Muse looks around the warehouse outside from the point she picked to perceive from. ~We need to make sure the girls arrive so they don't bolt and find another buyer elsewhere.. but that means super careful so none of the girls get hit.~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F6 Extended Clairvoyance Warehouse view":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3S Drain, need 6. KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 8 9 = 12 Successes
«Plot» Nina says, "Phew, 1 success, no drain."
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Nina view through Ext. Clair, Ext. Nightvision active also":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 10 15

«Plot» Nina says, "Only F1 Extended Nightvision, only 150 meter range."

** GM Nina **
Shared Visual Information from selected target of perception:

  • 5 meters up from ground / 5 meters out from building / center of front of building
  • 4 inches of the barrel of a sniper rifle extends from the rooftop (sniper on the roof)
  • Snooper Drone (breadbox size with balloon tires) on right side alley parked in shadows watching.
  • Temporary wireless camera mounted on wall at left alley. Left alley is paved and cleared enough for a truck to drive in, likely the side where roller doors are located for entry.
  • Van parked on the street in front of the warehouse, tinted windows, look like runflat tires and lowered from weight (likely vehicle armor heavy)

Zen contemplates what Muse shares with him carefully, finally a small nod is given. ~I can shoot out the camera. That's probably the easiest part of this. The drone will be hard, depending on if it's armored up at all. Hard to tell. We can't let the girls get in the van, I know that much at least. I don't have anything that could stop it. So we need the Sniper knocked out. Then we can take the camera and drone. Then strike at those inside.~

Muse gets a good look around and then from what she learned she cancels the long range super vision and her shared visual with Zen reverts to her real eyes (still Ext. Nightvision capable) and then she casts the spell again, this time speaking in that strange language. This time.. the point of view is two meters above the barrel of the gun for a look from that location. ~Sounds reasonable to me.. any of your guns silenced or suppressed to keep those inside from hearing the fight outside when we unleash on them?~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 6 for "Centering Successes!":
1 1 3 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F6 Extended Clairvoyance Warehouse view":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3S Drain, need 6. KP: 28/35":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 8 14 = 16 Successes
«Plot» Nina says, "Wow.. 2 successes. TN 6's are hard tonight. No drain."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Roof edge perception, with Ext. Nightvision mod":
1 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 11 17

Zen nods slightly. ~The Ultras are silenced. Also the rebound rounds. If you can get me there, I can knock him out. But the rebounds aren't going to do anything against the drone or camera. That will have to be the nighthawks. That also means it's noise.. and if the sniper shoots or radios, that will be noise as well.~ Zen would check his pocsec. ~How long until they're suppose to show up?~

** GM Nina **
Shared visual information from selected target near rooftop edge:

  • Sniper rifle is visible pointing out from the edge of the roof and then comes back and.. vanishes. Sniper must be under a ruthenium polymer cloak. The view shared through from Nina's vision shows the rough outline of a 'wavy border' but the details of what is concealed with it is very fuzzy and not revealed.
  • Snooper drone can be seen better here, does not look armored, but it is made of metal (not the tires though). A sensor module on the top pivots and looks around, likely lowlight capable.
  • The camera at the other alley can not be seen from this angle.
  • The van roof reveals a seam down the middle, like the roof can open up to release airborne drones.
  • Small puff from exhaust reveals the van is running.
  • Rooftop shows an open hatch with a ladder going down (angle does not reveal more from this position).

Muse considers as she's looking around and sharing what she's seeing, ~The trade is supposed to happen in one hour.~

Zen is silent as he'd review what Nina shares. There's a small nod, hidden by the hood. ~The sniper is stealthed. That means they expect trouble. The rigger is probably in the drone. Meaning it's priority is greater. I can't shoot out the wheeled drone.. but I can shoot out the sensor on top, rendering it blind. Along with that camera. Priority is the sniper, the van, camera and drone. Then it looks like a roof entrance to get inside. We don't know who's security they are. So can't know if we can hit early or not. Can you get the sniper with magic while in that cloak?~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Extended Clair Perception of Left alley, + Ext. Nightvision":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 7 8

Muse cancels the extended vision spell and then speaks in the strange language again and repositions it near the camera alley side so she can look down the left alley, ~I can't get a look inside the roof hatch.. it's not visible from this location. I can't pick a place for this vision to work unless it's in direct line of sight of where I am right now.~

  • 20 feet wide alley, kept relatively clear
  • One large roller door halfway down the alley.
  • One small personel sized door next to the roller door.
  • Both alley doors closed.
  • No camera visible near doors

Muse shares over the mindlink, ~Much of magic must require being able to visually see the being or object you are attempting to affect. There is a bridge of mana.. or forces you are linking between yourself and the target and manafesting the effects on the target. Without a solid view of the target.. it becomes logrythimically more difficult to affect them. Thus.. why so many people use blacked out windows in vehicles these days. But.. there are still tricks we can do. I have two ally spirits that can take physical form.. that of a German Shepherd, or a Grisley bear.. a raven.. or a human form or two. In physical form they can cast spells and they have also been trained in the use of pistols.. though I regret their armored longcoats and medkits and pistols and such are back home. Having said that.. if they could manifest at the sniper's location.. one could reach down and yank off the cloak or blanket..the other could prep and cast a spell at him as soon as he is visible. Otherwise we have assets such as elementals that could make a direct impact, though they tend to cause a great deal of commotion.~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 6 for "Centering Successes!":
1 2 3 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F6 Extended Clairvoyance Warehouse view":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 7 7 8 9 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3S Drain, need 6. KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 13 Successes
«Plot» Nina says, "F6 Extended Clairvoyance, 4 successes, no drain."

Zen accepts the information about the magic with a slow nod. The limiter of the power. Vision. ~We keep elementals for last ditch. I don't think we'll have to go that far.~ Zen would start pacing slowly. ~Then the best thing to do is have them go there and do that combo. One prep the spell, the other pull the cover, then hit the sniper. Should be fast and silent. I suspect the rigger is the core of the security group. We remove the target in the van, we take down cameras and drones..~ Zen would stop, nodding slightly. ~So your team drops the sniper, we hit the rigger. Sneak up on him, stun him into unconciousness. Wreck the controls so he can't wake up while we're inside. Then we go after those inside. We will have to go by instinct inside.~

Muse nods as she then cancels the long range vision spell and starts cleaning up her astral signatures of the three times she used that spell as she communicates with Zen, ~The vehicle is running.. if we had a potatto we could stuff it up the tailpipe and it would stall out the vehicle due to back compression of gasses.. leastwise.. saw that on EweTube and always wanted to try it. But.. I don't have a potatto. How you think we should get into the rigger inside the van fast enough to keep him from radioing the others?~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery vs TN 6 for "Cleaning F6 Extended Clairvoyance":
1 3 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery vs TN 6 for "Cleaning F6 Extended Clairvoyance":
2 3 3 4 4 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery vs TN 6 for "Cleaning F6 Extended Clairvoyance":
3 3 4 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Nina says, "6 hours remain / 5 hours remain / 5 hours remain"

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Sun Mar 6 22:53:49 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
Plot log restarted.

Zen starts to pace slowly again. ~If the sniper is taken out first, then he can't warn of approach. If the rigger is jacked in.. then if we can mask ourselves from electronic survailance, even if we can't do it physically, we can get to the van. At that point, all we need is sight for your magic to stun him into KO right? Close enough and tinting doesn't matter. Stun him, then we can break the window and take his remote control deck.. no deck, no drones. Probably no cameras either.~

Muse nods at the idea, "We can give it a try.. what's the worst that can happen?"

Zen pauses, then shakes his head. ~Considering the tint.. it might not work. However, the top is latched.. it can open for releasing drones I'm suspecting. What if we try to force it open? or..~ Zen frowns and goes back to pacing. ~We can assault the drone. That will cause him to respond. That gets us the opening.~ He pauses and huffs. ~Or we just take the sniper out.. bypass the rigger and his cameras and go in the roof opening?~

Muse considers the planning, remaining quiet in the piss smelling dugout as they go through what-if ideas, "I like the last idea the best. If we attack the drone he sends a super fast rigger radio warning to the team his drone is under attack. If we try and force open the roof.. we're trying to force open armor platting and any movement in any window or door or hatch on a rigger vehicle is jacked right into his brain and he'd know the instant we moved the hatch one millimeter."

Zen nods, turning to Nina then, although the mental chat has made that sort of ilrelevant. ~Then we do that. Can your friends see on the physical plane? We can ask them to sweep the area, verify if the cameras are only on the one side. Otherwise we can find a way across via the roofs, get your combo to occur, then go in. I think we have our plan.~ Zen would nod slightly, check his guns again, before squaring his shoulders. "Shall we begin?"

Muse nods slowly, ~Morpheus and Trinity can see on the physical plane but things are just shadows and anything that is just technological like a camera or computer, a vehicle, a gun.. is just a weird shaped shadow. If they want to see things in the physical realm properly, they need to manifest. I have endowed them with several physical forms.. a raven, their normal human form, a German Shepherd and a Grisley Bear. Could send them out as ravens for some closer in person recon. If the area has astral defenses like a spirit or elemental or watcher spirits.. they are likely to be spotted though.. so that's a risk.~

Zen muses then nods lightly. ~Actually.. that could be to our advantage. If they do a general sweep over. If someone reacts, we know there's a mage watching.. so we know we have to watch our magic. However that also tips their hand. And random spirits going by can happen.. right?~ Zen would look at Nina curiously, pausing in his pacing.

Muse nods in thought, ~I'll have them go through on astral recon first then in astral form.. they are much faster and if there is a watcher or elemental they can defend themselves better that way. If nothing.. then take physical form and check for cameras and the other things?~

Zen nods his affirmation. ~Good. Minimal effort for maximum results.~ Zen found one of the least messed up spots to sit and would settle into a meditative form. ~Let me know when it's done. I'll stay quiet to not disrupt focus.~

Muse sends the plan to M & T and sends them off their way in the astral.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 for "M Perception":
1 1 3 4 4 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 for "T Perception":
1 1 2 3 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "Even magical support, odd no magical support":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Meditation for "To stay still and focus while waiting patiently.":
2 2 3 5

Five minutes pass…

Muse offers, ~Morpheus and Trinity have returned with a report. They say the rigger van has a ward on it.. inside it is protected so that astral beings can not enter in.. the guy is a real pro. The building does not have a ward on it.. an astral form, dual nature being or an active spell can pass through okay. They encountered no watchers, spirits or astral mages or shamans. Morpheus found a small wireless camera at the personel door near the left side roll up doors. On the far back of the warehouse is another alley, he spotted a camera there but along the right side is only the snooper drone to worry about. He also took a peak under the sniper's Ruth blanket and confirmed the sniper is an adept… enhanced physical abilities by the use of magic.. much like yourself. So he's going to be pretty tough to deal with.. but the plan probably will still work. I might want to go with them though for the blanket and stunbolt trick.. flying up with them as a raven while they human manifest for the blanket pull and cast trick…. So… we take about a half hour walk several blocks around so we come from the opposite side where their rigger isn't watching.. only the back alley camera.. and we get up on the roof without being spotted.. invisibility and levitate or whatever we need to do.. deal with the sniper.. then down the roof hatch.. or at least recon the inside at that point before entering?~

Zen's eyes open calmly as Muse offers the report. He'd stand up, watching her although he'd frown at something she said. ~Wait.. like myself? What do you..~ Zen stared at Muse for a moment then shook his head. ~I want to talk to you about that, after this..~ He starts pacing slowly. ~Alright. Are any of the roofs nearby close enough to simply put a ladder across and walk the gap above the cameras? One ally manifest on the roof to catch it so there's no noise?~ Zen would motion with a hand. ~If we can get up there, then we can all deal with the sniper. Although if they can go raven.. I guess you can as well, so we could use that. I'll start around to the other side. Go, take him down, I'll climb up to the roof nearby and we'll keep in touch mentally on status. Agreed?~

Muse considers Zen's reaction on the topic of the sniper being an adept like himself and she nods, her eyes revealing a deep compassion to assist in any way that she can.

Muse listens to Zen's ideas before responding, ~The back alley is 20 feet across and the building there is a three story squater apartment building.. tall enough but 20 feet away. The left building is a warehouse that is also tall enough, but it's 20 feet away also and the roof is made of sheet metal, several big holes and would be super noisey to walk on. The right building where the snooper drone is located is the closest, 10 feet across and tall enough.. warehouse the same as the target building.. flat tar roof, solid looking.~

Zen nods, flexing and stretching a little. ~I'll go the warehouse. Get to the top. You levitate me across. I won't get on the roof until you say the sniper is done. We're running against a timer.. and I feel this is our best bet. Lets go.~ Zen would smile, briefly, waiting for Muse's confirmation before he'd head off in the direction of the exit he had a location to get to and a timer to beat. Physical things, things he can do.

Muse considers, ~Do we want to wait to hit the sniper until after the truck arrives with the girls? Truck arriving you'd think the team would check in on radios.. roof clear… rigger clear.. cameras clear… then open the door for the truck to drive in. If we take out the sniper before that… might raise some red flags?~

Zen paused, then nodded slightly. ~Agreed. So we'll get me up there and then we'll get him after we hear the com check. Speaking of.. make sure you don't have any radios on or anything.. no sense in giving away our position or the fact we are there. If that rigger is good.. he may be monitoring for it.~

Muse nods, ~Agreed.. no commlinks. Though it would take him several minutes to crack encryption.. he'd know that.. -something- out there was encrypted and it was a commlink frequency.. that'd be enough to make them more paranoid.. good idea. So.. we have the extended mindlink going now.. we keep that going. We start working our way around to the right around the ball field.. put a block between us and the target to the sniper doesn't see us flanking them to the right… we get up on the roof of the building that shares the alley with the snooper drone. Um.. how do we know they've radio'd in? Just wait until the truck arrives and drives inside.. then make our move on the roof?~

Zen would nod then. ~Even if they can't really see much from astral side, they can see the motion of a vehicle. So simply have one of your helpers in the astral watch. No one here is watching for magic, so they won't see your helper. We see the truck go in that way, we presume they've done the check once it's inside, we move.~

Muse nods and starts to adjust as if ready to start walking, ~Okay.. let's pull back.. circle around to the right and get to that right side warehouse.. find a way to the roof of that.. you wanna lead the way?~

Zen smiles slightly and gives a small nod. Hands in his pockets he'd shift on his feet, finally speaking again. "This was a nice place to relax, but I feel like walking some more. Shall we?" He'd wait for Muse to agree before starting off, a casual stroll that deceptively ate up a lot of ground in transit.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll Perception and then +roll Stealth

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 4 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Nina's Perception":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 8 9 13 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Stealth:
1 2 5 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "Can't see me!":
1 3 4 11

** GM Nina **
Zen and Muse head off on foot in a wide arch to the right, keeping buildings between them and the sniper on the rooftop so they can't be spotted. Along the way Muse stops them, ~Hold…. let's take the alley to the right and go around.. I see a pack of devil rats ahead the way we are going.~

Diverting.. the duo work around a little bit longer and on the way they stop once more, Muse offering, ~Woops.. another small detour.. the building on the left is collapsed right there.. the sniper would have a clear line of sight on us if we went this way.~

After another small detour they find themselves on the right side of the warehouse that is to the right side of the target warehouse. The two find a door open and get inside, they hear scurrying but are able to get around the four ghouls that are in the basement below without being seen.

Zen and Muse make it to the roof of the warehouse (right side neighbor) and peer out from the stairway to a rooftop filled with homeless tents, cardboard boxes and the like. It looks like there is a lot of blood up here, torn clothing.. like the ghouls got to the homeless people that were camping up here within the last couple days.

There is a two foot tall lip around the roof top of the warehouse.. if crawling.. the sniper on the target roof won't be able to see them make it towards that edge of the roof.

Zen gets up there with Muse and nods lightly. He'd lean back against the wall. ~Alright. We listen for the truck, with one of your helpers watching for it. Once we know it's in, you and your helpers go across.. you invisible? Long enough to strip his cloak and take him out. Then levitate me across, we head inside. Or would you prefer I help with taking him down with my guns?~

Muse considers the options, ~He may be rather resistance to magic being an adept.. but I fear the sound of your guns alerting someone. I'll go across invisible like you suggeted, take out the sniper and then we bring you across. You're our big inside guy once we get past the sniper.. right?~

Zen smiles slightly. ~The ultras are both silenced.. and rebound rounds. So unless they're listening for someone snapping their fingers, my guns would not alert anyone.~ Zen nods slowly. ~Once we're inside.. I'll take down targets. We have not determined a valid way to stop this other than removing the seller.. so I will be going lethal.~

Muse nods about the guns, "Well.. then let me invis you and float you across.. you can sneak up on the guy's position and then Trinity will manifest and Morpehus as well.. Trinity on the left, Morpheus on the right of the guy. Trinity will yank the blanket off.. and you and Morpheus silent take him out.. that work?~

Zen nods then. ~Alright. That sounds good to me. I should be able to drop him in the four shots I'd get.. Plus whatever Morpheus can do.~ Zen would shift on his feet, standing ready as he'd watch Muse for her cue.

Muse starts up onto the roof.. .crawling on hand/knees slowly across the tar rooftop around the blood and battle debris towards the edge wall.

Muse sneaks to the edge, not really in LOS so isn't going to be spotted. She reaches her position laying down at the edge roof wall and then looks back to Zen. She waves a hand at him with a Jedi mind trick type motion and POOF.. he vanishes. Again she does this but with a flick of her wrist and Zen can feel himself being lifted up as if the air lifts him.. not a forceful hand pulling him up.. it's rather comfortable actually, like floating in water.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F4 Improved Invisibility On Zen":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 10 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3M Drain, need 4, KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 26 = 12 Successes

** GM Nina **
F4 Imp. Invis (sustaining foci), no drain

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F2 Levitate On Zen":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3M Drin, need 4. KP: 28/35":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 10 = 16 Successes

** GM Nina **
F2 Levitate (no sustaining foci), no drain

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Wed Mar 9 09:30:28 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

Nina removes two beads from her bracelet and hands them to Zen, ~Keep these in your pocket please.. they will keep the magic I put on you working… invisible and flying~.

** GM Nina **
Learned from Tindalos on previous queue.. A sustaining foci used when casting on another person.. must be held by the person who the spell is held on.
Also of note: Since we left off on this plot, Nina has bonded a sutaining foci for levitate so that is sustained now.

Zen would take the beads and nod, pocketing them and then zipping the pocket closed. That set, the ultras would be pulled and ready as Nina would have him lifted over and across the path to behind the sniper. Zen would move silently, sneaking up slowly behind the man so that he was ready when the others were ready to get the drop on the guy.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "How quiet is he?":
2 3 5 10

But before that… they wait…..

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2:
1 4

5 minutes later…. they hear the delivery truck approach, enter the alley on the opposite side of the warehouse and the roller door go up… the vehicle drive in.. and the roller door go down.

Now for their plan.

(MindLink!) It's going to take about three seconds from when Morpheus and Trinity start to materilize.. before they are fully solid form. The sniper can't notice them right away…should I provide a distraction illusion out in the baseball field to get his attention but not a danger that would make him feel alarmed… or do you want to snatch the blanket off him and neutralize him without Morpheus and Trinity? (from Nina to Zen)

Zen waited patiently, that meditation trance used to keep him low and still, the ultras unwavering in their shot on the sniper. ~Do you think the blanket would give any sort of protection to my shooting him right now? If it's not armored, just invisible, then I could just hit him.. If you can ask your allies to hold onto that blanket, it would be really useful to me too.~

(MindLink!) The concern I have is you can't see what you are shooting at if the blanket is not yanked off him to reveal him as a target for you. Also.. shooting a hole through the blanket.. if you want it.. might mess it up pretty bad. (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 for "Sniper Stealth roll":
3 5 7 7 11

** GM Nina **
To visually locate the sniper's location: Perception vs TN 23

~Point. Alright. Then go with the distraction. I rather have both ultras to bear, if he's a sniper, he's probably good at moving.~ Zen would continue the mental conversation, his guns unwavering. Not that he could see where the sniper was, but he knew it was that area and so he watched and waited.

(MindLink!) Okay… Trinity and Morpheus.. position yourself in the astral near the snipers feet.. hands on are at the blanket.. that rectangular dull techno grey fabric lump over the shape of a man with the rifle… when I tell you.. materialize. Zen.. when they yank the blanket.. you do your thing. As a backup.. Trinity will also stunbolt him in case your rounds don't neutralize him. That our plan? (from Nina to Zen)

Zen nodded in silence, his hands unwavering. He'd have to be accurate in his firing, but that shouldn't be that hard. ~That's the plan, pull the blanket, I shoot, Trinity shoots. That should be enough to make him succum.~ Zen continued to use the meditative trance to keep him low and steady. He's not making much of any sound and isn't able to be seen. Stealth against stealth.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F5 Trid Phantasm F5 Trid Phantasm":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 11 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3D Drain, need 8, KP: 28/35":
1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 11 11 17 23 = 14 Successes

** GM Nina **
F5 Trid Phantasm, 8 successes, no drain

«Plot» Zen says, "question: can I be spending this pause aiming, to add the bonus to first shot?"

«Plot» Nina says, "We will consider it an 'aimed shot'."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 5 for "Sniper Illusion Test":
1 1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes

Out in the "abandoned" ballfield across the street the Sniper views a couple stray dogs come in, a larger one chassing a smaller mutt. There begins a dog fight out on the pitchers mound.. vicious gnashing of teeth.

Trinity and Morpheus begin to materalize… Zen can see a ghostly form starting to take form.. they are flanking the feet area of the sniper (or so assumed by their command), both kneeling. Morpheus has his hands down on the ground, assumed to be at the sniper's feet.. Trinity is pointing at the chest/head area where she believes the sniper to be.. this ghostly formation is giving Zen additional information on targeting the exact location of the sniper as they are forming.

Muse(Nina) continues to concentrate on the dog fight illusion.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Sniper noticing Sneaky Zen":
1 1 1 1 3 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
To offer as much resistance as possible so we don't get declared twinking the fight… going to give the sniper a full +init and no surprise round. Sure.. he may only be able to dodge with combat pool, but it makes him have far more of a chance than a full surprise. Past plots I've had STAFFers argue that there was no 'threat' because we planned too well and didn't get the bad guy a chance.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Morpheus………………….. 28 18 8 — —
Trinity…………………… 26 16 6 — —
Zen………………………. 24 14 4 — —
Nina……………………… 21 11 1 — —
Sniper……………………. 14 4 — — —


Morpheus yanks back the blanket, revealing a sniper laid out on a sniper blanket/pad, barrett model 121 sniper rifle with super crazy good looking scope, a pistol on the ground within reach (smartlink induction pad on grip). He is wearing a red baseball cap turned backwards on his head that reads "Support 81".

Trinity gathers in mana.. holding and gathering power for her most powerful stunbolt as Zen makes his move (held action).

** GM Nina **
Zen's action

«Plot» Zen says, "range, vision penalty if any? Zen set up as close as he could with the two helping him line up the shot and all that."
«Plot» Nina says, "Zen have specail vision abilties?"

** GM Nina **
Range: Short
Vision mods: +2
Other Mods: You calc

«Plot» Zen says, "short range: 4 + 2 vision mods -2 aiming previous round -1 laser sight final TN: 3."

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Pistols vs TN 3 for "First shot per outlined TN":
2 2 3 5 5 5 8 9 10 22 = 8 Successes

** GM Nina **
Sniper attempts to dodge.. Combat Pool only vs TN 4.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Sniper dodge. KP: 0/6":
1 1 2 3 4 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 - 2 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Sniper dodge. KP: 1/6":
3 10 11 13 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "What's your base damage?"
«OOC» Zen says, "9M"

** GM Nina **
Dodging Zen's 1st shot:
3 net successes
Base Damage: 9M -> 9S

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 9S, KP: 1/6 (includes 5/3 armor reduction)":
1 1 2 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 - 2 (Successes) vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 9S, KP: 2/6 (includes 5/3 armor reduction)":
2 2 4 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
Sniper Soak Result:
96 -> 9M
Sniper takes 3 boxes of physical damage.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Pistols vs TN 4 for "Second shot, off hand +1 to TN":
1 1 2 3 5 5 5 9 10 10 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Sniper using remaining combat pool for dodge, KP: 2/6":
4 4 7 7 = 4 Successes

** GM Nina **
Dodging Zen's 2nd shot:
2 net successes
Base Damage: 9M -> 9S

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 9S, KP: 2/6":
1 3 4 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 - 3 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 9S, KP: 3/6":
4 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Sniper soak Result (2nd shot):
9S -> 9M -> 9L
Sniper takes 1 box of physical damage

Sniper at: 4 boxes phyiscal damage

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Pistols vs TN 4 for "third shot, +1 recoil":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 11 14 17 = 5 Successes

«OOC» Zen says, "oh.. wait.."
«OOC» Zen says, "sniper was at M stun from first shot, so dodge would be higher TN?"
«OOC» Nina says, "Dodge yes.. one moment.. soak no.. but dodge yes."
«OOC» Nina says, "Non lethal rounds?"
«OOC» Zen says, "of course. rebound rounds."
«OOC» Zen says, "ultras."

** GM Nina **
Zen using non lethal rounds.. notes above are Stun, not Physical.

** GM Nina **
Sniper was at moderate stun when he tried to dodge the 2nd shot, thus he only got 2 successes on that dodge because his TN was 6, not 4.

Thus, Instead of taking a light stun.. he takes a moderate stun.

Sniper at: 6 boxes of stun damage (SERIOUS)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 3rd shot, KP: 3/6":
1 2 2 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 - 1 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Sniper soaking 3rd shot, KP: 4/6":
3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Zen's 3rd shot:
5 successes
Base Damage: 9M -> 9S -> 9D

Sniper soak result (3rd shot):
9D -> 9S

Sniper unconcious

** GM Nina **
Free RP

** GM Nina **
Perception test for drone in alley below.
Rigger not directly jacked in so only using drone's Sensor rating: 1
Base TN: 4 + 0 (silenced sing shot(s)) + 2 (distance)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 6 for "Drone perception":
4 = 0 Successes

Zen watched, patient, focused. He knew where they were going to act, watched the two materialize. It was started and ended that fast. Two shots to the middle of the guy's back, one to the head and the Sniper's head would hit the ground. completely KO'd. Zen held off on that last shot. No reason to be excessive and waited. Finally a nod is given and the ultras were holstered as Zen would move closer. The sniper's stuff? He'd take that because he could use it. It'd get stashed off to the side for later retrevial.. hopefully this all gets done and they can recover it before the guy wakes up.

(MindLink!) ah… feels like success… I'm going to come over to the rooftop now.. get the blue ivory bead back from you so I can get invisible before we try and go into the building. (from Nina to Zen)

Muse(Nina) works her magic to turn herself invisible. Zen has the sustaining foci so she's going to need to concentrate to keep that spell active. And then a leviate after that… stacking up some spells.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F4 Improved Invisibility F4 Imp. Invis":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 9 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3M Drain, Need 4, KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 5 5 9 15 = 10 Successes

** GM Nina **
F4 Imp. Invis, 11 successes, no Drain

Zen nods slightly, finishing with that, he'd nod his thanks to trinity and Morphus silently. No need to give away the game. Pulling out the beads, he'd offer them to Morphus, so he can get them to Nina. ~I'm letting Morphus have the beads. Then you can get them back. I'll check the door and see what's going on inside.~

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (ally spirit) vs TN 6 for "F2 Levitate, includes +2 from sustaining Imp. Invis. KP: 28/35":
1 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 10 15 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 4 for "4M Drain, need 4, KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 6 Successes

** GM Nina **
F2 Levitate, no drain.

==========================> PC Note On Nina (#6503) <==========================
Date: Sun Mar 27 20:24:08 2016
Posted By: Nina (#6503)
Subject: Filtering Protocol
------> Text of PC Note <------

Nina keeps the metamagic Filtering active on runs or when in dangerous locations like the Warrens.

  • It is an exclusive complex action.
  • She must +roll Magic vs TN (background count).
  • Every 2 successes reduces the effective BG Count by 1.

Example: BG Count 2 needs 4 successes to remove BG count effects.

  • This lasts: (Inititate Grade) * (10 - BG Count) Turns

Nina's Magic: 14

BG Count Turns
1 126
2 112
3 98


Nina cancels the illusion of the dogs after having them run off into the distance (in case the rigger is watching). She then pulls in clean mana (filtering: PCnote: 13) and casts an improved invisibility spell on herself (using the sustaining foci brought back to her) she then casts a leviate spell on herself (another sustaining foci) and then starts to drift over to the other building where Zen is at.

** GM Nina **
When Zen puts the blue ivory bead into Morpheus' hand.. zen becomes visible. When he hands over the other bead he can feel his full weight again upon his feet as the levitate vanishes.

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Tue Apr 5 13:58:55 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
Log restarted

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 4 for "Drone perception, need 11 successes":
5 = 1 Success

Muse floats across the alley and onto the rooftop, landing and canceling the levitate spell and pausing (still super invisible). She looks over at Zen and casts the Extended Mindlink spell again (since she is 1/2 of the people in the spell she can hold the sustaining foci and keep the spell going).

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 2 for "F2 Mindlink @ F1, code requires 2 minimum though":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 9 11 11 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2D drain, need 8. KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 17 Successes

** GM Nina **
F1 Mindlink (sustained in foci), no drain.

(MindLink!) Re-established.. testing.. (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Astral cleaning original F1 Ext Mindlink":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 8 = 9 Successes

** GM Nina **
Clean

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Astral Cleaning F2 Levitate on Zen":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 8 9 11 15 = 13 Successes

** GM Nina **
clean

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 4 for "Astral Cleaning F4 Imp. Invis on Zen":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 14 = 5 Successes

** GM Nina **
clean

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "F2 levitate on Nina to cross over.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 11 = 13 Successes

** GM Nina **
clean

Zen lost the link and froze near the door. He didn't bother to look around, she was invis too afterall. That touch, the almost thought and the link would be restored. he'd give a small nod, then slip into the interior of the building. Zen needed to know what was going on within, to know rather this was going to be a take down.. or take out. He had no guns drawn of yet. It was better to be ready for either scenario as he'd sneak in and look around. ~I'm scouting. We have a time limit, the completion of the job and we don't know how long that will be.~

To add in her hiding.. Nina works magic to cover herself in a Silence spell (F1 Stealth: Green wood bead sustainging foci).

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "Because sneaky assassin is sneaky.. right?":
1 2 3 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (ally spirit) vs TN 4 for "F1 Stealth":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 8 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2M Drain, need 4. KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 8 9 11 = 18 Successes

** GM Nina **
F1 Stealth on Nina, sustaining foci, no drain.

(MindLink!) Understood.. be careful.. I'll come in after you. (from Nina to Zen)

** GM Nina **
Please +roll perception

** GM Nina **
Roof Hatch
http://postimg.org/image/8jiij7fhf/

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence for "looking around":
1 3 3 3 5 5

** GM Nina **
Care to use any KP?

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence for "looking around KP: 1/3":
1 2 2 3 5 7

** GM Nina **
Conceal: 8
Zen fails to notice a small 1" black magnetic plastic proximety sensor. In the unconcious sniper's earpiece a remote warning chirps to warn him that someone is coming up onto the roof.

** GM Nina **
Zen is able to get to the roof hatch and climb down slowly, listening and looking as he goes down. He finds himself going down a short 10 ft metal ladder to a metal catwalk high up near the ceiling of the open warehouse… and he gets to see all below…..

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Nina noticing sensor when she follows.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 8 9 = 2 Successes

(MindLink!) Eeep.. portable sensor you just went through.. might as well come in after you.. it already went off probably. (from Nina to Zen)

(MindLink!) Consider them on high alert unless we determine otherwise.. right? (from Nina to Zen)

** GM Nina **
Zen and Muse Note below:

  • Catwalk is in the dark shadows above the lights. The lights are inside metal housings that direct the light down. Any light coming up is indirect bouncing off the floor and coming up.
  • There are two large cargo trucks (Uhaul type) in the center of the warehouse. The back rollup doors of the trucks can not be seen from this angle, they are both facing the warehouse rollup exits. (though walking along the catwalk and around to the left and then further on an angle could be possible).
  • The catwalk is old.. any movement may cause some noise (will require stealth rolls not to be noticed).
  • Below there are three men near the newest arrival truck.
  • There are six men near the other truck. The two groups of men are standing in front of the engine/front bumper areas greeting each other with handshakes and such.

Zen curses silently but just gives a small nod in answer. He'd watch the group as he'd keep low on the catwalk and head around. ~Our time just got shorter. We need away from the door.~ As he'd creep along, he'd look for something to show what was happening. That one piece of info that said the men could be reasoned with.. or it was time to end this expediantly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "to not set off the catwalk":
4 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence for "Watching for information that says they should die or not?":
2 2 3 3 4 15

(MindLink!) Going to levitate out into the open air.. catwalk looks noisy… you be careful and quiet. (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F4 Levitate F4 Levitate on Nina":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 9 10 11 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 4 for "4M Drain, need 4. KP: 28/35":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 11 = 10 Successes

** GM Nina **
F4 Levitate, 10 successes, no drain (sustaining foci)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 5 for "Group average perception":
1 2 2 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Does Zen speak cantonese?

** GM Nina **
To Nina and Zen.. sounds like they are speaking in Chinese, fluently. Seems like they are in a good mood but very business like. There are some visible weapons but it feels like the weapons are there if there is outside trouble, that they don't expect issues with each other.

Zen makes it to the end of the catwalk and can now turn left along the side that will take him towards the better angle of view. (another stealth roll please).

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "stay sneaky on the catwalk!":
1 1 3 5

Nina pulls in clean mana, not centering because she needs to speak aloud for that and her stealth spell silences her… she lifts up and drifts up and over the handrail of the catwalk and starts to drift across the warehouse between the rooftop steel beams towards the side where the building roller doors are (which would allow for view of the back of the trucks from there).

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "stay sneaky on the catwalk! KP:2/3":
1 4 4 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 11 for "Group perception":
1 5 7 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Zen notices near his position a metal ladder going down the side of the building from the catwalk to the floor below.

Zen stops near the ladder. He'd continue to watch the men, calculating the angle for the trucks. It's.. not viable from up here. But height is important in this. Lighting too. ~Muse. Can you see in the trucks? Are the girls in there? With how these men are.. their pose, casualness. This isn't the first meet like this. This is a corruption by power.~

(MindLink!) I'm directly behind the trucks now.. but up high.. I have to lower down to see in…. one moment…. (visual starts to come across the mental link in motion.. like a live video shot from Muse's eyes). (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Muse perception":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 7 10 13 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4:
5 7 8 8

Muse drifts down slowly, her back against the warehouse doors as she drifts down.. silent. and invisible.. she fills in information as she learns of it:

  • Nice keypad on the exit doors, not old like the building.
  • Vehicle on my left is the buyer, vehicle on my right is the seller. (this means vehicle closest to Zen is the buyer, furthest is the seller).
  • Infra red laser sensors on back of seller truck.. truck back door open… can start to see feet/legs of women inside now.
  • Info of buyer's truck: Late Model Nissan Ultra-Mover 700, plate: CAS 774-B123, runflat tires, bench seats along walls with tie down loops (likely for handcuffs or zipties)
  • Ah.. girls can see now.
  • Looks about 28 girls.. ages 12 to 18. All look scared, confused and partially drugged.
  • Six of them are still in private school uniforms (skirts, knee socks, black shoes, red/black checkered button up shirts).
  • All asian nationality
  • Nobody watching the girls in the truck, looks like they are confident the IR sensors will keep the girls in place.

Zen's face sets with his lips settling into a thin line. This was obviously not the first time they've done this.. nor would it be the last. Even if he took all the stuff.. it wouldn't stop them. ~Muse. The final decision is that they need to die. We have no way to stop these men if we simply knock them out.~ Zen silently draws his nighthawks. ~If you rather not be part of the fight, I understand and accept that. If you agree with me.. then I request you start this off with a blast to the group that's meeting.~

(MindLink!) Pondering… stunball them and knock them all out in one blast… then we tie them up and deliver them to their competitors? To law enforcement? Or I can knock them all out and we can subdue them and such.. and decide what to do at our leasure? (from Nina to Zen)

Zen shakes his head slightly. ~If we bring them to the authorities, they simply walk free due to the corruption there. If we bring them to their competition then we're marked and allowing someone else to kill them for us. If they even do that or recruit them to their own cause. If you can get them all at once, then we'll deal with it there. But if we are not willing to stop them here and now.. this scenario will keep occurring. How many girls have they passed. How many are you willing to let past you when they recover and continue this? My answer to that, Muse, is zero.~

Muse starts to drift over the top of the trucks so she can see the full group of men gathered at the front.

Muse positions herself so she can see them all.. all well within the 14 meter radius of her stunball… she starts to pull in mana.. still silent from magic.. she passes on Centering…. and then unleases her most powerful Stunball she can muster upon them.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F6 Stunball F6 SERIOUS Stunball: Giving them Willpower 4":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 9 10 11 11 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2D Drain, need 8":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 9 10 10 13 13 = 17 Successes

** GM Nina **
F6 Stunball, 10 successes on each person below, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 + 3 (KP) vs TN 6 for "Only 1 roll, they can't get 10 successes with this amount of dice.. using up all KP just to get this +3 dice.":
2 3 3 4 4 5 17 = 1 Success

Zen watches.. though he can not see Muse floating above the group.. they suddenly all go lax, loose in the knees.. and all 9 men slump over in random directions into unconcious sleeping piles on the floor.

~Note. Never piss you off.~ Zen's thought was steady as he'd put the guns away. Glancing around, he'd look for cameras or other access the rigger might have. Going down the ladder slowly, making sure there's nothing to pick him out. Zen would put his hood up then start checking the men for a key or something to help the girls out.

** GM Nina **
The girls in the truck are immune.. they could not be seen (targeted) in the radius.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Intelligence for "Looking around":
2 3 4 5 5 11
** GM Nina **
Zen discovers:

Sellers:
Key for truck
Key Fob for IR alarm sensors
3 Uzi
3 wads of cash
7 joints (standard weed)
60 (baggie of 60 downers/tranqulizers)
1 switchblade knife
1 Handheld radio

Buyers
6 Uzi
6 wads of cash
1 pocket secretary
1 vehicle key
3 house keys
1 hotel key (La Quinta, room 310)
30 zip ties (black)

Nina remains floating above as she watches Zen come down.. she does a fly around the inside of the warehouse checking for anyone hidden, anything they need to worry about right now.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Nina perception":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 4 5 9 10

(MindLink!) Looks like things are safe here…. probably not terrible long before the rigger will think things are too quiet.. right? (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 7 for "Hidden camera?":
5 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
No hidden cameras or devices.

Zen starts piling stuff into the seller's truck. All of the men would get piled into the buyer's truck. The zip ties were used to tie them down in there.. just in case. Zen would get the seller's truck ready to go, stop to talk to the girls and explain what's going on and they were going to be returned home. Then he'd face the other truck and decide how he was going to remove them quickly and cleanly.

~Muse? Do you mind asking one of your allies to retrieve the sniper stuff from the roof? They'll need to go invis for the sensor at the door.~

(MindLink!) Not a problem.. they are both still up on the rooftop right now. (from Nina to Zen)

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Tue Apr 5 15:54:04 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 for "Minutes until the Rigger starts to get nervous when nothing is on the commlinks and he takes action.":
1 5 10 10

«Plot» Zen says, "want it noted, Zen takes all the comlinks too. Doesn't turn them off, just leaves absolutely nothing of value on the men, clothing is it."

** GM Nina **
Wow.. nice.

Zen is able to zip tie the men together and get things set up and even talk to the girls without any interuptions.

Morpheus gathers up the ruthenium cloak and folds it up nicely.
Trinity gathers up the snipers very expensive sniper rifle and his commlink, pistol and other gear.
The girls are slowly coming out of their drugged state and look concerned, curious, worried. They don't appear to speak English.

** GM Nina **
Correction: Private school girls know English and can translate.

Muse(Nina) works with Morpheus and Trinity to turn them invisible (Improved Invisibilty) to allow them to sneak past the roof hatch sensor (just in case) and down to the trucks below so the claimed gear on the rooftop can be brought down.

With the buyer truck locked up and the men tied down, the last thing to do was remove them. Zen would stare at the truck and slowly recite the last rights in latin that he'd say for anyone he ends. Once done, he glances to Muse. ~Can you drive the truck? With drones being used, I suspect magic won't help as much. We have keys to bypass the doors.. and we do need to get moving. We'll get to a safehouse with the girls, then help get them home. I'm going to execute the men, so there's not a way for them to continue this abuse of power. I'll close the truck door so you don't have to watch, if you wish.~

(MindLink!) I will drive the truck with the girls.. I'll contact my fixer so he can arrange to get them back to their parents in Asia.. see if the nice private girls might have some reward money on their return we can use to help offset some of their trauma of the other girls and stuff like that.. cover our costs. Meet you at the Souk Marketplace tomorrow morning about sunrise to discuss what's gone down and smooth out any loose ends? (from Nina to Zen)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) has the Active Skill Car with the value '3'.

Zen nods slightly. ~Sounds good. I'll wait for you to get out, make sure the rigger isn't following you, then deal with this. I'll see you tomorrow, Muse.~ He'd take the cloak and leave the rest with Muse in the truck, donning the cloak he'd take up a position at the door so that he can see out it and deal with potential response from the rigger. Once Muse is ready, he'd cycle the door for her to let her out.

Muse cancels her levitate spell and Stealth spell and then climbs into the cab of the truck (using the keys on the sellers that Zen retrieved) she starts up the truck and drives out slowly and carefully after Zen opens the door for her.

The alley is quiet.. the rigger is still sleeping (or something.. crazy +roll on his delay).

Zen is able to roll the door back down into place as he can hear the truck with the girls drive off.

Muse starts to contact Tony Marchino (lvl 3 fixer, Italian Mafia) and begins arranging a safe house for the girls and his share of the profit of their return, resale of the Barrett Model 121 sniper rifle (with uber fancy scope), a crap load of weapons and commlinks and radios and othe gear. All those profits are used to pay for the girls safe keeping and return to their parents. The profits from the reward money for the private school girls return.. are given to Tony Marchino for his troubles. Nina figures she's done enough good on this job to not feel a need to try and pull a finanical profit on her own so she lets Tony keep the nuyen for his hard work helping them with the girls.

Zen waited patiently, nodding slightly as Muse gets away. He'd turn to the other truck, opening the back door to the knocked out men. Face set in a grim line, he would say the same words in latin for each of them. "In death, find peace." As he very carefully put a bullet in the middle of their brains with the nighthawks. 8 men. 8 shots. Once done, he'd use the key to slip out himself, using the cloak to help him mask with the surroundings and slip away.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll Stealth (also state how fast you are moving)

«Plot» Zen says, "note for resource usage, 10 shots with the nighthawks removes 10 ammo from #9662 on Zen."

«Auto-Judge[]» Zen (#7043) rolls Stealth for "Assassin slipping away…":
3 4 4 5

«Plot» Zen says, "not going over 1 meters/turn. The cloak can't handle too much. So not going too fast and focused on getting away."

** GM Nina **
Stealth roll: 5 + 6(scanners) + 0(within the cloak processor limit without degredation). TN 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 11 for "Relaxing rigger perception with van sensors that he is directly jacked into.":
2 2 3 5 10 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "close!"

Zen does not believe he has been noticed as he slips away.

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
------> Wed Apr 6 10:45:14 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License