Nina and Kellogg: Fight Night

GM: Nina
Players: Kellogg, Nina
Synopsis:
Nina and Kellogg are in disguise (Phoebe and Shadow) in New Orleans. They are attending a "Fight Night" at a secret warehouse location owned by a couple Nosferatu brothers. In previous plottage they acquired invites to the event.

In this plot, Nina and Kellogg attend the fight night, discover the Nosferatu are using Mob Mind (magic) to make the crowds bet on the champion while they have the champion's girlfriend held hostage to make him throw the fight.

After the fight, Lonestar shows up to raid the illegal fight and the fighters (with the Nosferatu bouncers) retreat into the basement of the warehouse. Nina and Kellogg grab the Champion and help him into the basement as well.

A shootout with a troll and ork bouncer in the basement behind cover.. an escape into some underground tunnels.. Lonestar being tricked with an illusion… pursuit into the tunnels… a gang encounter outnumbering Kellogg 6:1 in the tunnels.

Finally track down the fighter that won where he went into the basement of an electronics shop (Nosferatu sympathizer). Kellogg sets off the maglock alarm.. the store owner calls for backup (crime syndicate thugs)… takes Kellogg a long time to get into the basement.. when in the basement he spends several more minutes making a zapper contraption with electronics components in the basement (but is interupted before he's done)… the response team as arrived upstairs and is coming.

Some illusion trickery in the basement and the response team thinks our team escaped out into the underground tunnels again, they pursue. Kellogg closes and locks the tunnel door.. one of the team members comes back and notes it's locked.. that we must be in the basement still and they start to pick the lock to get back into the basement.

Our team flees.. going upstairs. Right into a waiting store owner with a shotgun.

Kellogg takes deadly damage, Nina stunbolts the store owner unconscious.
30 seconds is spent with a F6 Treat spell to heal Kellogg 6 boxes of physical damage. He succeeds in his stabilizing roll with 3 successes. It's taking the team in the tunnel 3 minutes to get through the lock into the basement. Morpheus and Trinity get Kellogg's unconscious body out of the store and into the alley and then return to pilfer the most expensive looking electronics diagnostics equipment in the workshop as well as the most expensive priced electronics in the store.. then they bolt.. get Kellogg into the borrowed van and get away.

Kellogg is transported unconscious to Denver via train ride and wakes up in the Warrens in Nine's MASH unit medical transport vehicle for recovery.

Date: 4/6/2076


------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Kellogg (player) / Nina (player/GM)
------> Wed Apr 6 11:14:13 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
This plot may cause a rash, testicular itching, nearsightedness, maiming or even death. Do the players in this plot agree to these possibilities and also the posting of this RP log on Wiki?

«Plot» Kellogg says, "I concent."
«Plot» Nina says, "I consent."

** GM Nina **
This plot picks up in New Orleans just after picking up the tickets from the printers for the "Fight Night" and for the "Social Event" at the target home.
Nina (aka: Phoebe) and Kellogg (aka: Shadow) are just getting into their borrowed GMC Bulldog stepvan after chasing off would be robbers and rescuing Pascal and his wife Cobal.

Phoebe climbs into the van with a sigh and buckles up, pulls the door closed and leans back with her head on the headrest, "Dang Kellbell.. life is crazy whereever I go with you."

Shadow helps Phoebe into the van and the rest of the stuff they got from the would-be robbers. Done with that, he'd settle into the driver seat and check the info. Chuckling lightly, he glanced sidelong at Phoebe. "Eh. This is actually a kinda slow week fer me. Ya should see when it's busy." He'd whistle and shrug. Tapping the locations on the sheets, he'd plug them internally into his GPS system and start calculating routes. the data a faded HUD in his eyes as he'd sort it out. "A'right. We wanna do a drive by of the locations? I know we did the house.. and ya had probably found the fight club.. but I'd like ta do a search myself fer gatherin a bit more specific info, wiz?"

Phoebe nods at the idea, "I'd like more data on the fight club for sure. I didn't dig in too much on that one because at the time I thought it was a secondary thing. It was just a warehouse that someone went to that had met with one of the targets. I didn't know the targets owned the warehouse and ran the fights out of it at the time."

Shadow chuckles and nods, then would start up the van, jacking in to merge with it, before pulling out of the parking lot and using that internal GPS to guide him to the destination. The more he drove, the better the map, he was getting more use to the drivers too, so he quickly looked less and less like a foreigner when driving. All part of adapting to the style and customs of locals of course.

** GM Phoebe **
In about 30 minutes, Shadow is bringing the van within a block of the target warehouse.. almost in view.

Manuvering through traffic, he'd keep along and keep it nice and easy. Getting near that scene, he'd put the sensors on full to gather all info he could, while making the trip casual in a general block around the place. He'd spend at least an hour's time to get one scan of each side of the warehouse.

Phoebe looks over to Shadow, though his eyes are closed and he's jacked in.. it's a social habbit thing, "So.. we want to walk nearby on foot? Just drive by with the van? Astral recon? Shapechange into a mouse or a rat and go inside? All the above?"

Shadow gives a small chuckle over the speaker. "I'm currently scouting it with the van. How long do we have until the meet? Know if we got time to try on foot. I'd rather not really be seen though before the fight. No point in letting them know we're scouting before hand. If you wanted to shapeshift we could do yer mind link thingy, then ya can sweep it and I'll stay nearby fer ya ta hop back inta and change?" Hop into? well he IS the van at the moment, right?

Phoebe offers the math, "The fight night starts at 10:00 pm.. it's a little after 1:30 pm right now…. what you pickin gup on the van sensors?"

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll your van mojo.

-----> Sensor Ratings / Details <------

Rating Details

1 Proximity detectors, rangefinders, video (but not trideo)
cameras, basic radar, signature-recognition software,
low-light and 50x telescopic magnification.

2-4 Same as above: plus thermographic imaging.

5+ Same as above: plus flare compensation.


«OOC» Kellogg says, "sensor is 0"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "peepin with those cameras":
1 2 3 4 4 5

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg has yet to upgrade sensors on the van, so it's your common cameras on the vehicle he's jacking with, no flare comp, no thermal, no zoom, no lowlight, no signiture software, no radar, no video, no rangefinders, no proximity detectors.. just.. look and see cameras.

Kellogg though is able to notice the following:

  • Warehouse is 2 stories tall, metal roof, brick sides.
  • Large parking lot fenced in with razor wire on top.
  • Very heavy looking steel door (people sized, not rollup vehicle door) that is likely the place where you show your ticket to get in.
  • No seen cameras or other security details.

As they are driving by slowly, Phoebe picks a visual spot up on the 2nd floor level where a broken window is and then directs magic to that spot (Extended Clairvoyance) so that she can position her point of view at that exact location and look inside.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 6 for "Centering Successes!":
2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F2 Extended Clairvoyance F2 Extended Clairvoyance":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 9 10 14 15 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2S Drain, need 6.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 13 = 17 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Spell success, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Phoebe perception (+2 TN sustaining spell, +2 TN lighting)":
2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 11

** GM Phoebe **
Perception Result: 7

Phoebe hmms, her eyes now not seeing from her body.. but as if they are up at that broken window, "Large open warehouse.. no rooms.. tall steel I-beams to support the roof. Looks super empty and boring.. wait… stairs on the far left wall going down…. it's gotta be below ground where they do the fights. Or.. they just have people standing around and they fight in the open warehouse maybe."

Shadow responds via that speaker again. "Sounds 'bout right. Keep it simple, easy ta clear out 'fore the officials come snoopin. Although they probably got plenty of em cops there ta be bettin anyways. Either way, we know what we're lookin at.. I'm suspectin we're gonna wanna rest up 'fore this though. So I'm gonna head back, wiz?"

Phoebe breaks the spell and works on cleaning up the astral signature from it, "You bet.. I like a good lazy afternoon as much as the next girl. And we might be awake all night too."

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Astral Sig Cleaning":
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 13 = 11 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
clean

Shadow chuckles at the response and would work his way through traffic back to the safehouse. Using the information he's been gathering, he tries to cut some time down on the travel from there to the safehouse. Both good to know if it works later, just in case, as well as.. well he's a bit of a roadster and enjoys bending those rules sometimes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Smuggling Routes:
2 3 3 5

Shadow would get them to the safehouse either way, cycling through the security after making sure they weren't followed. Once there, they'd pull up to the fortress and get out, able to get inside safely.

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg and Nina are not bothered at the safehouse, they have several hours of relaxation, resting, napping, eating if they wish (Nina can offer Magically created meals).

KP refreshed

** GM Phoebe **
IC Time: 9:00 pm
1 hour before the fight.

Refreshed, food, the world was a bit better at that moment. Shadow would nod and check his gear, verifying the knives, shuriken and all were set. Smiling, he'd head into the common room. "Shall we go dancin? Even if we ain't fightin, we should suspect they're gonna want bettin goin. So we should separate a stack ta be ready fer that too. Ta fit in."

Phoebe gets ready for the fight night, what gear she has she gets ready. The gun(s) she leaves at the safehouse, the knife, etc. But she does bring her collapsable metal staff (Dikoted) in her backpack, the top of it sticking out about four inches but covered with a leather "sock".. like it's a pool stick or similar item. She has had her fill before going, taken a shower, eaten her fill and dolled herself up (Makeover spell). Ready to go.

Phoebe nods to Shadow, "Probably a smart idea. let's drop by an ATM.. gives a good chance for me to use this SIN withdrawing some cash out of a bank anyway.. good to keep the accounts active and showing realisim."

Shadow chuckles and nods, heading out with her, cycling through the security out of the safehouse with the van. He'd quickly find a quicke mart and pull into the parking lot. Jacking out but leaving the van running he'd shrug. "Think I should come in too.. just in case? or we figurin it's chill and ya can do the run in yerself?"

Phoebe nods, "I think I should be okay.. it's a Qickmart.. cameras everywhere.. I don't think we'll have anything happen here like at the print shop… but.. those guys got so greedy they ignored the printers cameras too… nah… I'll be okay." She hops out and heads in.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 8 for "Anything bad happen?":
7 = 0 Successes

Phoebe comes back about six minutes later with a smile, "I got a grand cash.. I'll put it on the fight tonight after we get inside and see the fighters. It should be obvious who we put our bets with once it starts right?"

** GM Phoebe **
5 minutes after Phoebe and Shadow leave, the night manager of Quickmart has had enough.. and can take it no more. He shoots his financial accountant and then kills himself in the back office.

Shadow nods in response and jacks in to head out. Blissfully ignorant of the short end two people were about to have. He'd head that route he had figured over to the fight club, parking a safe enough distance back that they shouldn't get bogged in traffic this might pull in. "A'right. Game faces.. gotta make this chill.. and.. I'll probably let ya talk ta em more."

Phoebe nods at the plan as they pull over and park and then prepare to leave the vehicle. She shoulders her backpack over her left shoulder like a casual college girl with a few books and then gets out of the vehicle with Shadow, "Should I set up the mind link so we can secret talk if we need to?"

Shadow nods slightly. "Totally. We ain't sure what they got goin inside in the time we been restin." He'd glance at her with a small chuckle. "They may already be watchin. Just think 'bout it.. unlimited resources basically.. hard ta fight it." He'd shake his head and after making sure everything he had was concealed, sets out with Phoebe for the warehouse.

Phoebe works the extended mindlink magic, sustaining the spell in a bead on her bracelet. She already has her Increased Reflexes spell active of course and the physical mask to make her look like Phoebe.

Phoebe walks wtih Kellogg as the link of minds connects, ~Hey there.. you got me now?… can you think me now?~ (old cellphone advertisement joke from many decades ago).

Shadow nods slightly as they'd walk along. ~Wiz. Got ya chummer. Alright. So we shouldn't have any serious issue in this.. too public. The main event is the social. But we'll need ta know how they work.. so observin, a small bet and we go from there, wiz?~ The dwarf shrugs as he stumps along, watching his surroundings curiously as they'd get closer to the warehouse. He watched for both security and the sheep that came to watch the fights.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Security Procedures:
1 1 4 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Security Systems:
3 4 4 5

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
===========================> Metamagic: Shielding <============================
Shielding is an initiated version of spell defense. Whereas spell defense allows a magician to counter an incoming spell, shielding provides a magical layer of spell protection over subjects the initiate wishes to protect. This protection extends to the initiate's line of sight. An initiate can shield a total number of subjects equal to his or her grade. Initiates can use shielding and spell defense simultaneously, but the dice must be allocated separately, and only one technique can be used to protect a person at a time. Those protected by shielding get to roll the dice allocated to shielding against all incoming spells and shielding increases the target number of any spell against that subject by +1 per die allocated, up to a maximum equal to the initiate's grade.


(MindLink!) I'm going to cover us both with magical protection.. to help you resist any magic that gets cast on you or at you by anyone other than me. It's a little something I learned a bit ago that makes it nearly impossible for someone to affect you with magic. Just as a precaution. But you must remain in my line of sight to keep it active protecting you. (Assigning Shileding Dice: Shadow: 5 dice, Phoebe: 4 dice)…(This gives anyone casting a spell on Shadow a +5 TN and Phoebe a +4 TN, also Shadow gets 5 dice and Phoebe 4 dice added to any resistence rolls if magic is cast at them).~

Phoebe and Kellogg walk close enough for sure to be considered 'together' but not all up on each other like they are a romantic couple as they spot the warehouse in the distance. It's full dark outside now, no moon in the sky, overcast.. very dark. The street lights are on but this is the French Quarter and part of the tourist ambiance is the 'gas lamps' that offer only about 1/10 the lighting of modern LED street lights. Even under a light there is amble shadows to be had.

Phoebe works some magic and puts into another bead on her bracelet a simple nightvision spell (F1 Extended Nightvision).

Ahead and on the right the chain fence with the razor wire can be seen open for cars to come in/out.. as they move forward more they can see several cars and motorcycles already in the parking lot, people walking form the cars into the building in small groups 2-5 people. At the heavy steel door is a troll and an ork (bouncers), checking invites it looks like.

Phoebe and Shadow are still back at the street outside the fence.. but this is what they notice so far.
(from Phoebe to Kellogg)

For Shadow, it was a mental switch for that lowlight to kick in, plus the eye lights and while his eyes glow slightly, he can see just fine. Scanning the area, he'd give a small nod and gawk at the warehouse a moment, because why not? Getting closer, he'd turn off the eye lights, walking with Phoebe to get in line and offer the invites to the bouncers. Of course, being a gearhead, he has to pause and check out the rides. Both worth and potential security features he can see on them.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Chop Shops:
3 3 4 5 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Security Systems (Vehicular security systems):
1 1 2 4 4 4

** GM Phoebe **
While walking past the cars Shadow is rather confident that a Porche ZR2300 parked along the right side is stollen.. by the way specific parts have been put on just not exactly straight… an eye to pick up such tiny details that only someone with Chop Shop direct skills and knowledge would even know what to look for.

When it is Shadow and Phoebe's turn they hand over their invitationis. The ork scans Shadows and the troll scans Phoebe's with a blacklight. They nod and keep the tickets and then step aside to allow the halfer and the dark haired lady inside.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Willpower for "Resist desire to steal the car later..":
1 1 5 5 17

Shadow pauses a long moment at one car, but finally moves on. He'd stare at the ork while the invite is checked, a nod given and would head inside with her. Glancing around, he'd start his normal sweep of the crowd, getting a feel for the place and what's going on. ~Start markin security ifn ya can. Wanna know how bad the drek is if this frags up.~

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Phoebe's Perception":
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 9 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "Looking around":
1 1 2 4 5 5

** GM Phoebe **
The warehouse is very busy now. In the center of the large warehouse is a huge group of people.. all milling about as if the County Fair. Some are in business suits and dresses, some are in casual wageslave atire, some in leathered longcoats or obvious armored jackets. The only cross section not in attendence is the lower echelon to homeless types.

From the ceiling (rafter/beams) in the center of the warehouse a square made out of lighting scafolding creates a large 5 meter box hanging above by chains to the beams above. On this large box of metal framing are mounted several bright white stage lights illuminating the assumed fighting area. The electrical wires go up along the chains to the rafters above.

Inside the warehouse Shadow and Phoebe are directly greeted by both of the Michaelson brothers (http://postimg.org/image/o0wn2q1k3/) dressed in fine silk suits, both extend their hands to all arriving in greeting. Smooth talking, disarming gazes, charming (Crazy high Charisma), "Welcome.. please find a good vantage point for the fight.. tonight is something special we have planned for you."

** GM Phoebe **
Futher observances:
Phoebe spots (and mentally shares) a sniper at the far end of the warehouse up in the rafters, all dressed in black and mask over his face.

There are about 200 people in the center of the warehouse currently.

There is a smell of cigar, cigarette and weed in the air as well as alchohol (though very little beer).. more high grade.

Shadow, on the other end of the spectrum for charming. Grunts a response and nods slightly. He'd shake hands, if briefly as they'd pass inside. Well, those two know what they look like now. So that's one layer of animity gone. But they were also here. Interesting. ~Thanks Phoebe. The Porsh outside is a chop shop special. Someone was outta line on the panels. Probably a leftie. So there's people here who are shadow too, which we probably figured. I'd be surprised if everyone comin in isn't memorized by those two.~

Phoebe shakes hands as well, polite and nice but not anything to try and be remembered… which perhaps stands out on its own now that she's walking away with Shadow and thinking about it. The people after her and Shadow are tripping over themselves trying to be liked and impress the two twin Nosferatu… so playing it cool like they did, might just cause them to be remembered more than anyone.. .crap.

Phoebe walks in further with Shadow, casual stroll towards the massive crowd that looks like is surrounding a marked off area on the warehouse floor directly under the spotlights. It's going to be ass to elbows to try and get a good view of the fight when it starts.

Phoebe can be 'felt' listening intently, ~Mind magic frustrates me.. for a very long time I refused to use it because it felt like I was intruding on peoples basic rights.. but now that I have.. I can see how easy it is to manipululate other people. Concerns me that these two can do that naturally.~

Shadow grunts to himself, oblivious to the thought Phoebe just had. While for her it was ass to elbows, for him, the view was a bit more dark. But, also made it easier to apply force to get through. Reaching out to grab Phoebe's hand, Shadow applies the best type of gravity to the situation, low gravity, pushing people to the side so they can get through. He didn't really think it'd be out of place, most everyone is pushing to the fore. He just focuses on finding a group as he can of some of the upper crust not in armored outfits. A plan of sorts developing.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Strength for "excuse me, coming through":
3 3 3 4 10 23

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow has zero difficulting nudging and moving his way through to the front with Phoebe in tow. Even a few trolls and orks double blink at his ability to move them aside (if they had resisted along the way).

At the front now a rucus begins.. the crowd starts to cheer and call out and yell.

http://postimg.org/image/o1b2k0s9v/

A minute later and two men show up.. names are called and it's quick to realize this is the big fight tonight.

Malcom the Magnificant:
http://postimg.org/image/ei1dqk4rn/

Terrifying Theo:
http://postimg.org/image/5bnoh0owz/

The bets are not started yet but the crowd parts as the two twin brothers enter the center of the fight area. Glancing over it can be seen the two bouncers are at the door, inside, the door now sealed and closed.

The older brother (dark hair) speaks first, "I want to thank you all for coming to tonights fight."

crowd roar and yells of excitement

The younger brother offers next, "We have Terrifying Theo vs Malcom the Magnificant.. the new comer from the lower quarter challenging the current champion Theo!"

** Crowd roars **

The older bother raises his hands and everyone goes silent, "The bookies will now start taking your bets." He points out the men that step forward in dark brown suit jackets (distinctive hotel like uniforms) and people start milling about with desire to get in their bids.. credsticks scanned, cash given over in fists… the process has started.

***
A strange tingle of the brain comes with an unusual desire to "Bet all you can bet on Theo the champion.

** Mob Mind spell!!!**

** GM Phoebe **
Rolling Spell cast by one of the brothers now.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 (Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (power foci) for "F6 Mob Mind":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 15

** GM Phoebe **
Results:
People with
Willpower 3: 10 successes
Willpower 4: 8 successes
Willpower 5: 5 successes
Willpower 6+: 1 success

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) has the Attribute Willpower with the value '5'.

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg's willpower 5 + 5(shielding): 1 success
Nina's Willpower 11 + 4(shielding): 1 success

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll your willpower vs TN 6. You only need 1 success.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower vs TN 6 for "Pheobe/Nina resisting.":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Willpower vs TN 6 for "no I will not bet on the chump!":
1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
KP usage?

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Willpower vs TN 6 for "no I will not bet on the chump! KP:1":
3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Willpower vs TN 6 for "no I will not bet on the chump! KP:3/4":
1 2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
How much cash do you have on you in this plot/new Orleans?

(MindLink!) Wait.. mind magic.. I can feel it… it's telling me to bet everything on the Champion.. you getting that too? (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

Shadow blinks, then would pull out his cash, all of it rather than just the part he had pulled out. ~Must bet on the champion..~ Is about all that's gotten for the moment. He'd wait for his turn to get to bet too, that momentary loss going to be painful afterwards.

Phoebe oh-dears silently to herself.. she's going to have to try and break an active spell on Shadow to free his mind of it… yeah.. they should probably bet something on the Champion to go along with the compulsion.. but everything is just awful…. so she tries to work her magic to protect Shadow's mind more directly.

** GM Phoebe **
SR3 pg 184

------> Dispelling <-------
By using a Complex Action, characters can use Sorcery to
cancel existing sustained spells. The magician must be able to
see the target of the spell and be on the same plane. A Dispelling
Test is made using Sorcery dice, plus any dice allocated
from the Spell Pool, against the spells Force. Each success
permanently reduces the spells successes (from the original
Sorcery Test to cast it) by one. When the spells successes
reach 0, the spell vanishes and its effects end. If the spell has a
Threshold (p. 196), any Dispelling Test that reduces its successes
below the required Threshold ends the spell.
After each Dispelling Test, the magician must make a Drain
Resistance Test as if casting the spell being dispelled. If the
spells Force is greater than the dispellers Magic Attribute, the
Drain does physical damage as well. For this reason, characters
should assense a spell and try to learn its Force before attempting
to dispel it (see Astral Perception, p. 171).


** GM Phoebe **
See Shadow: Yes
Same Plane: Yes
Sorcery Test + spell pool vs Force of spell (6)
Only 1 success.. only 1 success needed to push the spell out of his mind.
Then Phoebe rolls drain as if she's the one that cast the spell.
Drain: 4D Drain, need 8 successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + 5 vs TN 6 for "Dispelling F6 Mob Mind on Shadow only.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4D Drain, need 8":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 19 = 13 Successes

Phoebe reaches out to Shadows mind, her own pulling the strands of mana from the mob mind spell out of his brain and thoughts.. gently tugging.. softly.. until they are set free and move to another nearby person to set into their brain and attach.

Shadow can feel the desire to vote for the Champion leave… the new guy might be a better choice?

(MindLink!) Kellbell.. you were under control of mind magic.. everyone is being told to vote for the Champion.. if we don't it will be suspicious.. but .. look at what's in your hand.. what you were planning on putting on the bet. (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

Shadow doesn't stagger, more just blink in confusion. Looking around, the link tells him everything. Checking his roll, he'd quickly pocket the rest, he had pulled out 2k to bet and at PHoebe's advise he would bet on the champ with that. ~Well ya just saved my wad. That's kinda like a life, right? Thanks fer helpin chummer.. that.. felt so wierd.~

(MindLink!) It was very weird.. super powerful.. I could feel the thought coming into my mind beyond my shielding even.. these two are not to be taken for granted. I'll bid a thousand on the Champion myself.. remember to act excited about it.. look how everyone is so excited for the Champion now. (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Charisma for "Dwarven excitement?":
1 3 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Charisma for "Fake excitement (+2 because girls are used to faking excitement).":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 8

Shadow tries to play along with acting excited. He's.. not really the happy bouncy type, so it comes across as a happy. ish. grunt. while the money is given over for the champion. Yeah.. there's a reason he's still on street level normally.

Phoebe reaches around Shadow, pushy, "Hey halfer," she says aloud, "Mind your shoulder," as a boob pushes against it as she's handing over her wad of 50's to the bookie to be placed on the Champion. She stops, "Oh.. you like him too?" and then she urges the dwarf (Shadow) to join her and become buddies rooting for the same guy.

-------> Phoebe's PrP <------
Phoebe's Plot Log has now stopped.
----—> Wed Apr 6 15:49:56 2076 <----——

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

Shadow glowers at Phoebes, but relaxes it slightly as she'd want to join him in cheering on the champion. Shrugging, he'd nod. "A'right chummer. He's a sure win anyways, wiz, so yeah!" Shadow would work with her to cheer on the champ with everyone else swept up in the masses and mob spell. This should be interesting.

(MindLink!) I'm so tempted to amp up the speed of the Champion with magic, maybe give him some magical armor.. but the armor would glow and be obvious so I can't do that. Still.. it's obviously a rigged fight… Is it natural for injustice and cheating to piss me off so much? (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

(MindLink!) eh. It's just a sign ya'll got a good sense of what is right in yer head. Way of the world is fer this sorta drek ta happen daily. But how else they gonna keep the money flowin, wiz? (from Kellogg to Phoebe)

Phoebe moves with the help of her small incredible hulk strength dwarf friend to the front edge of the fight area as people are now jostling for the better views.

At the front edge she stands just behind Shadow, saving space by looking over his head as he is in front of her.

The two fighters meet in the center and circle each other slowly. The Champion has better abs for sure, taller, longer arms.. but he seems mentally distracted, down.. depressed about something.

The newcomer is lean a common looking street fighter. yeah.. casual observance would deffinately put the favor to win on the Champion.. just obvious by the look of the two in comparison.

(MindLink!) So.. I'm thinking here… if this Theo the champion is forced to throw the fight.. he might get pissed about it. Maybe we could find him after and recruit him.. use his anger and fighting ability to aid our cause… some muscle on our side? (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

(MindLink!) or they're screwing with his head. Or they got a hostage to force him. Too many variables ta know fer sure. May be bait fer enemies of em ta try and lure the guy in. (from Kellogg to Phoebe)

Shadow made sure they had the room, watching at that edge as the two circled, he'd chant along with the others for the champ, studying the two fighters with a critical eye himself.

The fight begins fair enough.. the two circling each other.. a few jabs.. a kick or two.. they are spry and move out of the way of the attacks at first and nothing is solidly landing.

The crowd starts to cheer louder and call out in frustration for blood.. for more contact.

The Champion lands the first hit, a right jab to the newcomers face that sends up a spray of blood from the now busted nose. (oh.. how nice not wearing boxing gloves).

The newcomer though is springy and can take a punch and he backs away and circles as he gets his bearings. The champion probably should have taken the advantage of the newcomer's pain and disorientation but for some reason he hesitated and let him recover. This causes the crowd to sneer loudly "Finish him!!"

The two circle a little longer.. the Champion coming in with a wide roundhouse kick that seems super slow.. like almost as if he's trying to show technqiue to a student.. not the fast blinding speed of a true killer attack.

Taking advantage of the slow spin the newcomer bends down and lunches forward and lands a super hard fist into the champion's crotch.

*UPMGH@!!*

The Champion goes down.

The crowd erupts in rage!

Shadow makes a face. ~He could of thrown the fight better at least. bah!~ Shaking his head, he'd stare in disgust as the guy basically got his balls handed to him.. literally. But then again it was a pretty bad fight anyways. Shadow had felt to bet on the other guy.. but magic is crap like that. Glancing back and up to Phoebe he shrugs. "Chummer just ain't how he use ta be, wiz?"

Phoebe nods with a disgusted and frustrated look, "Shit man.. I just lost a grand."

The crowd is rather enraged now, small shoving matches amongst themselves start to happen as the Champion lays on the ground and the newcomer fears for his life and is escorted by the troll and ork bouncers out through the crowd and towards the stairs that go down into the basement.

Shadow grunts and pushes back. He'd go to grab Phoebe's hand again and push into the ring area where the champion is/was at. He heads for the guy and gets close. "Hoi. Ya'll can probably use some help. Wiz? Let's getcha to where we need ta chummer. We can talk and help ya out!"

The champion (Theo) nods to Shadow but is very weak on offering help walking and needs help from both Phoebe and Shadow.

Phoebe assist, on the Champion's right side she moves to support him under his arm and with Shadow's help they get him up to his feet and start to get him away from the fighting area.

The crowd seems more intent now upon arguing and fighting amongst themselves and some may think Shadow and Phoebe are part of the 'staff' as they help the Champion… and you don't mess with the Mikaelson brother's staff.. so they seem to be parting and making room for them as they help the Champion out of the area.

In all of the noise and confusion, Phoebe talks to herself (Enochian: Centering) and works a healing spell (F3 treat) in case anything important was ruptured or damaged physically. She can't help the guy if he's just dazed and confused, but if anything was 'broken' the magic should help.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering Successes!":
1 1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F3 Treat F3 Treat":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 8 14 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2M drain, need 4":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 = 18 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Any physical damage from the fight has been healed, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Cleaning Astral":
1 1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 = 8 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
clean

** GM Phoebe **
Theo still has 2 boxes of stun.

Using the 'cover' provided by being staff, Shadow would direct them towards the stairs down. Unless the champ says otherwise anyways. That seemed to be the fighter pit.. so of course all the good info would be there and they should be too. If stopped, Shadow would play it innocent. They're just some fans helpin a chummer out right?

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "what do I see?":
1 1 3 3 4 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Phoebe Perception":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 8 11 13

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow and Phoebe notice:

  • An upper window (broken pane of glass) a small bumblebeee drone flies in. It has a LoneStar yellow star emblem on it and it's doing a sweep in of the warehouse. A likely scanning of faces taking part in illegal street fighting enterprises… or worse.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow and Pheobe work to get the Champion to the stairs.. he starts to stand up a bit more straight now.. feeling better.. the utter mind splitting pain of a crushed testicle has subsided and things don't feel all wrong anymore. Even the brusising if examined has faded that was starting.

About half way to the stairs now.. the three continue on.

-------> Phoebe's PrP <------
Phoebe's Plot Log has now stopped.
----—> Thu Apr 7 12:29:10 2076 <----——

** GM Phoebe **
Log Restarted

Shadow frowns at the drone but doesn't comment on it outloud, he'd just continue to help the champ and Phoebe get to the stairwell. ~Hoi. Ya see the drone? Place is about ta get busted up quick. Interestin the Star's scopin out these guys.. mebbe we can help em bust the place up?~

Phoebe does indeed note the L.S. drone and they get Theo closer to the stairway, only about 20 feet to go before they get to the stairway now.
Phoebe offers over the link of their minds with the spell, ~Tempted… to use a mass mind control spell myself and convince the mass of people to form a sit down protest around the doorway to promote the least amount of injury and delay before the law can manage to get downstairs… that sound smart?~

** GM Phoebe **
Note: Reading up on Mob Mind… there is a required threshhold. When they got 1 success on Shadow and Phoebe.. it means nothing.. they need to achieve 1/2 the target Willpower successes. So they would need 2 successes on Shadow Willpower 5 and 5 successes on Phoebe Willpower 11.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Strength for "Movin people outta the way":
1 3 3 4 4 10

** GM Phoebe **
There are no people between Shadow and the stairs.

Shadow continues to help the champ along, although he seems about ok now. He didn't glance at Phoebe, instead looking around for other potential trouble. ~That sounds perfect. might as well screw with em. But ifn it's a high force spell, they gonna be able ta potentially see ya and know yer a mage.. or even attack ya fer it?~

(MindLink!) Good point.. I'd need to stay at the stairs and keep them all in view to keep the spell active also.. keep then in view. I'd better just go downstairs with you. (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

Shadow, Phoebe and Theo make it to the top of the metal stairs and start to go downstairs.

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll perception for stairs/basement info.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Phoebe perception":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 3 5 5 5

** GM Phoebe **
The stairs going down into the basement are made metal, rusty and old. The basement smells like mildew and mold as well as a bit of body odor and urine.

The basement is much smaller than the massive upper level, here the basement is only 30 meters x 30 meters. The basement is set up with a couple medical tables and stainless steel supply cabinets for gause and other quick medical procedures that are common in fights.

At the far end is a heavy looking rusty metal door that the newcomer is being led through.

The Troll and Ork bouncers spot/hear the trio coming down the loud metal stairway and then push the newcomer through the door and close it and remain on this side.

The look in the Troll and Ork's eyes looks full of evil intent.. a murderous desires rests in their gaze towards the three coming down the stairs.

«OOC» Phoebe says, "Letting you pose first.. lead the plot.. phoebe reacts to your decisions as a supporting roll. :)"

«OOC» Kellogg nods. "Alright, we'll draw. I was hoping to quickdraw for a surprise.. we didn't get disarmed, afterall. but Kellogg isn't Zen, I need to be careful."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Kellogg's init to 9.

«OOC» Phoebe says, "They already perceive you as a threat… but a quickdraw can get your gun out without penalties still on your action."

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Phoebe Init":
2 3 5
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Phoebe's init to 19.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Cyber troll init":
1 4
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Troll's init to 12.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Cyber Ork init":
2 10
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Ork's init to 15.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+8 Theo Init":
1
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Theo's init to 9.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Phoebe……………………. 19 9 — — —
Ork………………………. 15 5 — — —
Troll…………………….. 12 2 — — —
Kellogg…………………… 9 — — — —
Theo……………………… 9 — — — —


Phoebe offers over her telephathic link with Morpheus and Trinity (which spills over onto the extended mindlink with Kellogg), "Morpheus, follow that Malcom fighter guy that is escaping on the other side of the far door…. materilize on occassion when safe to get your bearings and get street names and location descriptions well and then continue tracking him in the astral.. send me updates via our link please." (This thinking action.. physical or spells she is "holding action").

The ork rushes forward with cybered speed and flips over a metal surgical table and ducks down behind it for cover.

The troll takes massive steps forward, picks up a metal surgical table and uses it like a riot shield and holds it in front of himself.

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg's action

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

«Plot» Nina says, "Note: Over the extended mindlink with Shadow, he heard/knows Phoebe's instruction to Morpheus."

Kellogg winces as both of them have that advantage of speed. He'd search for cover himself, diving behind it as he'd quickdraw that gun and attempt to tag that troll despite the 'shield' he had.

«OOC» Kellogg says, "move action, standard action to quickdraw/fire"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Quickdrawing the Ares":
1 1 4 5 7 10 = 4 Successes

** GM Nina **
Quickdraw success

«Plot» Kellogg says, "range and lighting for the shot?"

** GM Nina **
Range Moderate, Lighting is good down here.

«OOC» Nina says, "I'm going to wait to the next pass to give instructions to Trinity."
«Plot» Kellogg says, "medium range: 5, +0 lighting +2 partial cover -2 SL-2, final TN: 5?"

«OOC» Nina says, "Yeah.. lets go with +2 for partial cover."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Pistols vs TN 5 for "TN outlined above.":
3 3 4 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Troll using 4 CP to dodge, KP: 0/6":
3 8 9 10 = 3 Successes

** GM Nina **
Troll Dodged, pose your shot/miss.

Kellogg sights along the top of the table he got, the smartlink helping him with his targetting. That shot seemed good but a last twist by the Troll had him just miss the massive guy instead of tag him. Kellogg grumbles as he'd duck low under that cover. ~Ifn ya can do somethin fer more cover chummer, it'd be appreciated!~

** GM Nina **
Note.. the only two tables in the room are being used by the ork and the troll. There is no cover in the room otherwise.

«OOC» Nina says, "I am going to have Phoebe give us cover (physical barrier).. this way she is not the main attacker in the combat.. she'll be defensive and supportive so you shine more in the scene."

Phoebe takes action to provide cover for Team Shadow. She pulls in clean mana but can feel the Filtering about to loose it's grip on the clear path of mana, ~Physical barrier waist high you can take cover behind creating now.. then need to refresh my clean link of mana.~

«OOC» Nina says, "Also having her refresh her Filtering in the middle of combat to further limit her aggressive part in the combat."

«Plot» Nina says, "F6 Physical Barrier (No Sustaining Foci: +2 TN after casting for sustaining herself)."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 6 for "Centering Successes!":
1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F6 Physical Barrier F6 waist high wall stretching left to right in front of Shadow and Phoebe from wall to wall.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 8 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 5 for "5S Drain, need 6":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Kellogg is trying to use the stairs as cover until the wall is offered. ^.^"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) - 3 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "KP: 1/36":
1 1 1 1 1 5 5 5 5 5 5 8 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) - 5 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "KP: 3/36":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) - 6 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "KP: 6/36":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 7 10 13 = 3 Successes

** GM Nina **
F6 Physical Barrier
Visible glowing surface wall, waist high
9 successes
No Drain
Barrier Rating: 6 + 4(every 2 successes +1 rating)

Barrier rating 10

Phoebe pulls in clean mana from the astral and forms a waist high wall for her team to take cover behind.. it forms as a shimmering wall to provide a rather substaintial bit of cover.

Theo rushes down the stairs and slides like coming in to third base to get down/behind the barrier created.

** GM Phoebe **
Round 1, Pass 2
Phoebe
Ork
Troll

Phoebe spends some time re-establishing a clean link of pure mana as she is sustaining the physical barrier/cover.

-----> Metamagic: Filtering <------
Filtering is a technique similar to Cleansing. Rather than cleanse the area, filtering creates a temporary 'matrix' that allows the initiate to access 'clean' mana despite mana static and warping, reducing or negating the penalties for casting from a background count.

This metamagic technique requires that the initiate knows Cleansing.

Exclusive complex action. Magic vs TN of background count. Every 2 successes reduces the effective BG count by 1. Lasts for (Initiate Grade) * (10 - BG count) turns.


«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Need 2 successes for successful Filtering. BG Count 1, +2 Sustaining spell":
1 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 11 13 14 = 11 Successes

The ork pops up and shoots at Phoebe.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 6 for "4(range)+2(partial cover), KP: 0/6":
1 1 1 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

The orks bullet goes high and TING!!!'s off the metal stairs.. Miss.

The Troll pulls out a grenade and rolls it at Shadow and Phoebe.. pretty sure he can blast that magical barrier and bring it down.

** GM Phoebe **
New Init

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Troll Cyber Init":
2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Ork Cyber Init":
2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Phoebe Init":
5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+7 Theo Init":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+23 Morpheus Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Troll's init to 14.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Ork's init to 14.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Phoebe's init to 25.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Theo's init to 10.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Morpheus's init to 25.
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Shadow's init to 12.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Morpheus………………….. 25 15 5 — —
Phoebe……………………. 25 15 5 — —
Ork………………………. 14 4 — — —
Troll…………………….. 14 4 — — —
Shadow……………………. 12 2 — — —
Theo……………………… 10 — — — —


** GM Phoebe **
Morpheus holds action.

Phoebe instructs via the mental link (and she allows the thinking to seep through the extended mindlink to Shadow), "Morpheus.. please materialize behind the foes.. we will distract for you."
Phoebe starts speaking in Enochian (Centering).. pulling mana to offer some type of magical attempt.

«Plot» Phoebe says, "F1 Transform (sustaining foci), Turning Ork into a pig."

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering to reduce mods.":
1 3 4 4 9 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Phoebe says, "Now only +1 TN from sustaining physical barrier."

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 6 for "F1 Transform on Ork, KP: 6/36":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) - 2 (successes) vs TN 6 for "F1 Transform on Ork, KP: 7/36":
1 1 1 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 10 22 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 + 4 (Ally Spirit) - 4 (successes) vs TN 6 for "F1 Transform on Ork, KP: 9/36":
1 1 1 1 2 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Power Foci) vs TN 5 for "5S Drain, need 6, KP: 9/36":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 = 5 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
F1 Transform, 4 successes, light drain (but due to trauma dampner Phoebe ignores light drain).
KP: 9/36

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 + 2 (KP) vs TN 2 for "Ork Resisting F1 Tranform, need 4 successes, KP: 3/6":
1 2 2 3 9 = 4 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Nina spell success but Ork resisted. Made him use half his KP though.

Nina concentrates and unleases some unknown spell. The ork can be heard grunting and snarling and then he laughs, "Ha.. you're magic don't work on me Bitch!"

The ork ducks down fully behind cover.. expecting the grenade to explode any moment. (held action for the rest)

BOOM!

The Grenade explodes

«Plot» Phoebe says, "Physical Barrier Rating 10, grenade is a 10S damage grenade."

** GM Phoebe **
SR3, pg 119.
When a grenade's blast hits a barrier such as a wall, door or other similar structure, compare the remaining Power of the lbast (reduced by distance) against twice (2X) the barrier rating of the object. (See pg 124 for barrier Rating)
SR3 pg 124 (Barrier Effect Table)
Power Equal to 1/2 Barrier Rating -> Barrier damaged, reduce Barrer rating by 1.

An ear shattering explosion happens at the base of the shimmering barrier and fragments shoot into the barrier and upward into the ceiling, down into the floor and back at the troll and ork.

The barrier holds, but it weakened minorly (Barrier rating 10 -> Barrier Rating 9).

The troll and ork (with cover) are unharmed.

After the explosion the ork pops up for another shot at Phoebe, as does the Troll.. cuz everybody knows you kill the mage first. EEEP!

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "TN: 4(Range)+1(visual mod/shimmering barrier)+2(partial cover), KP: 3/6":
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 - 1 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "TN: 4(Range)+1(visual mod/shimmering barrier)+2(partial cover), KP: 4/6":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 9 10 = 2 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Ork shot, 9M base, 3 successes-> 9S

** GM Phoebe **
9S - Barrier (9).. no damage.

The ork squeezes off a round.. BANG! It hits right at Phoebe's face and is stopped by the barrier completely.

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg points out my error (medium range).. TN should be TN 8 for Ork shot. 2 successes only.

** GM Phoebe **
Another GM error.. moderate range is TN 5, not 4. Thank you Kell.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9 for "Troll Shot at Phoebe, KP: 0/6":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 - 1 (Successes) vs TN 9 for "Troll Shot at Phoebe, KP: 1/6":
2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

The Troll brings out his heavy pistol, squeezes off a round quickly and then pulls the table back in front of him again. His bullet would have shot Phoebe int he stomach.. if the barrier had not stopped it dead.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow action, then Theo

** GM Phoebe **
Morpheus is materializing back behind the troll and ork by the heavy steel door at the far end.. a ghostly form can be seen coming into being.

«OOC» Phoebe says, "Dang.. Phyiscal barrier Cain said was awesome.. it really is."
«OOC» Kellogg says, "first action, aimed shot, second action, called shot on the troll."

«Plot» Kellogg says, "TN: 5 for range, cover negated on called shot, +2 for called shot (SL-2) -1 aiming previous action, final TN 6."
«OOC» Kellogg says, "… or I don't bother to call shot since my SL-2 negates cover anyways? then it'd be TN 4."
«OOC» Phoebe says, "Your choice"

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Going to just aim, then shoot. Range 5, cover +2, SL-2 -2, aim -1, final TN:4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Pistols vs TN 4 for "TN noted above vs troll":
1 2 2 4 7 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Phoebe says, "standing?"
«OOC» Kellogg says, "yep"

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Troll dodging with stainless steel table shield. KP: 0/6":
1 2 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 - 1 (Successes) vs TN 4 for "Troll dodging with stainless steel table shield. KP: 1/6":
4 4 4 = 3 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Slippery trog.. pose shot and miss please.

** GM Phoebe **
Troll: Combat Pool in Round 2: 4/8

Shadow tries to pull that shot off on the troll, taking that pause to aim at the big guy before firing to attempt to line the shot up. However, that table gets in the way again, letting the troll avoid the shot once more. Shadow grumbles as he drops down behind the barrier again.

Theo remains behind cover, crouched low… no weapons.

** GM Phoebe **
Round 2, Pass 2

Morpheus
Phoebe
Ork
Troll
Shadow

** GM Phoebe **
Morpheus continues to materialize.. he's almost there (next round he can act).

Phoebe berates herself mentally for the previous attempt, ~Duh.. huge people are hard to transform into animals.. too much mass.~

Phoebe hands over a small silver shoe trinket to Shadow, "Here.. Invis foci for you." and casts F1 Improved Invis on Shadow.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering vs penalties 2 success reduces 1 penalty.":
3 7 8 10 15 = 4 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
TN 2 penalty for sustaining phyiscal barrier negated.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F2 Improved Invisibility - F1 Imp Invis on Shadow":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 10 15 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3M Drain, need 4: KP: 9/36":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 8 9 10 11 19 = 10 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
F1 Imp Invis (Sustaining foci Shadow handed), 8 successes, no drain.

Poof.. Shadow vanishes

The ork yells out, "Frak! Invisible halfer now!
He pulls his table back towards the metal door where Morpheus is secretly waiting.. a retreat while looking at the attacking force that has been shooting and casting magic at him. (distraction)

The troll sighs, "Frak'n mages.. I hate mages!" He starts to withdrawl as well with his table.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow action

Shadow takes the item and pockets it as Phoebe hands it off. He'd hop the wall then, circling to the left of where the two were shooting at. If he can get a clear shot, he'd line it up and shoot at the ork from the side, before hitting the deck to avoid return fire.

«Plot» Kellogg says, "short range, do I manage to get behind his cover?"

** GM Phoebe **
Pocketing Foci, hopping over wall, moving into position is as much physical action as possible in this pass. But next action yes.. he gets no cover.

** GM Phoebe **
Round 2, Pass 3
Morpehus
Phoebe

Morpheus eyes the back of the troll and targets him with a stunbolt.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 (M:Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "F6 Stunbolt, TN: 3(Willpower)+1(BG Count), KP: 0/6":
3 3 4 4 4 4 10 14 15 = 7 Successes

~Go fer the ork, trolls are tough buggers ta try ta hit with magic..~ Shadow would try offering as he'd see Morpheus materialize behind them.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 (M:Willpower) + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "2S Drain, need 6, KP: 0/6":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 8 8 = 7 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
F6 Stunbolt SERIOUS (Forgot to announce that but historically can be show this is my default level), 7 successes, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Troll resisting F6 Stunbolt (SERIOUS) 7 successes, KP: 0/6":
1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Troll resisting F6 Stunbolt (SERIOUS) 7 successes, KP: 1/6":
1 4 5 10 = 1 Success

** GM Phoebe **
Net Results: Unconcious

Morpheus has already set his target, channeled the mana and is about to release it as Shadow's suggestion comes to his mind across the Phoebe mindlink/telepathic link… too late. He releases the energy into the troll and the large fella falls to the ground unconcious.. and instantly starts to snore.

Shadow peers at the troll. ~Or not.~

The ork notes Morpheus now (Noticing Magic: TN 4 + 0(Init Grate) - 6(Force of spell)= TN 2

Phoebe feels drained (no more SP this round), ~Good job team.. donig great.. keep focused.~

** GM Phoebe **
New round

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Shadow's init to 12.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Ork Cyber Init":
1 1
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Phoebe Init":
4 4 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+7 Theo Init":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+23 Morpheus Init":
3
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Ork's init to 9.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Phoebe's init to 23.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Theo's init to 11.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Morpheus's init to 26.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Morpheus………………….. 26 16 6 — —
Phoebe……………………. 23 13 3 — —
Shadow……………………. 12 2 — — —
Theo……………………… 11 1 — — —
Ork………………………. 9 — — — —


** GM Phoebe **
Morpheus holds action

Phoebe slips her eyes into the astral to observe Shadow's sneaky attack.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow's action

Shadow got into position behind the ork's wall and on top of that, got a distraction by Morpheus. He'd take that shot on the distracted ork, then move to the right to not give him an easy target.

«Plot» Kellogg says, "range short: 4 -2 SL-2, final TN: 2"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Pistols vs TN 2 for "TN stated above vs ork!":
2 4 4 5 5 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg says, "I'll stand with that.."

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll stealth.. foot falls.. give the ork a chance.

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Shadow is shooting first, then moving. Shadow moved last round while they were busy firing on Phoebe. There's no footsteps to hear before the shot."

** GM Phoebe **
Spectacular point, thank you.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 (Ork Body) + 7 (Combat Pool) vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9D damage (5 Ballistic), KP: 3/6":
2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 = 8 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Complete soak.

** GM Phoebe **
Ork out of Combat Pool for this round.

Shadow lines up that shot and with the sharp bark of the Ares, tags the ork in the shoulder. He'd stagger from the impact but isn't actually hurt as Shadow shuffles off to the side, not letting him have a clean line to fire back on.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Stealth for "can't hear me moving around!":
1 2 3 4 10 19

-------> Phoebe's PrP <------
Phoebe's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Tue Apr 12 13:01:30 2076 <----——

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

** GM Nina **
Theo's action

Theo is unarmed.. and there are bullets flying around the room.. he's not stupid. He stays behind the magical protection of the wall.

** GM Nina **
Ork's action

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 19 for "Ork perception":
1 2 2 17 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Nina says, "wow! Close"

The ork has taken a bullet.. and manged not to take any damage.. blessed by his thick armored jacket and his natural fortitude of his racial type… he turns with his gun coming up… what the hell.. there's nobody there. Another damn mage trick. He listens, he sniffs… well shat.. there's nothing there… and he can't shoot through that stupid magical barrier. He pulls the table closer to the exit, "You're not going to get ME you damn mage bitch!"

** GM Nina **
Round 2 Pass 2
Morpheus
Phoebe
Shadow
Theo

«Plot» Nina says, "Morpheus holds action"
«Plot» Nina says, "Phoebe holds action"

** GM Nina **
Shadow's action

Shadow stalks the Ork, the sound of the table dragging perfect cover for him to stay lined up again. He aims that shot and once again would pull off that called shot, this time to the arm that the Ork used for his gun. Stop the arm, stop the shot, right?

«OOC» Kellogg says, "first action aim, second action, called shot to the gun arm's shoulder."

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Short range: 4, -1 aim, +2 aimed shot (SL-2) final: TN 5"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Pistols vs TN 5 for "TN noted vs ork":
3 4 5 5 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls 8 vs TN 5 for "Adding Combat pool to shot as noted on TN vs ork":
1 1 1 3 3 4 7 9 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg says, "final shot: 5 successes."

** GM Nina **
A shot.. Eeep! Dodge! Ork using last 4 CP to dodge.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Ork Dodge: dodge. KP: 3/6":
1 5 5 10 = 3 Successes

** GM Nina **
Kellogg's Shot
5 successes - 3 ork dodge = 2 successes
9M -> 9S
Ork Soaking: 9S physical

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (Ork Body) vs TN 4 for "9S -5(armor) -> 4S Soak, need 6 successes, KP: 3/6":
2 2 4 5 5 5 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (Ork Body) - 5 (successes) vs TN 4 for "9S -5(armor) -> 4S Soak, need 6 successes, KP: 4/6":
3 5 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
Full soak
Ork: 4/6 KP now

«OOC» Nina says, "your target practice pose on the ork brick wall."

** GM Nina **
Above.. the sound of LoneStar type heavy boots, riot shields and the like barking military style commands can be heard getting closer to the stairs above.

«OOC» Nina says, "Just occurred.. the troll and ork.. they can finger us (seen our faces).. might make rest of plot tricky for theparty, etc."

Theo looks up at the stairs, "Crap.. the pigs!"

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Tue Apr 12 20:17:07 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
Log restarted

** GM Nina **
Kellogg points out that a called shot raises the damage level by 1 level. Thus.. Ork needed 8 successes, only got 6.

Ork takes 1 box of physical damage.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "Does Ork drop his gun (Willpower vs TN 4)":
2 5 7 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
The Ork does not drop his gun.

Once more the invis Shadow would attempt that shot on the ork. The bark of the Ares was where Shadow was at, his dropping low to avoid a return shot had that small difference in height now. The shot itself would slam into that shoulder causing the ork to roar in pain at the hit, but manage to still keep his gun. Shadow has a sharp mental curse at it, but wasn't able to do much else about it yet.

Phoebe mental commands to Morpheus, ~Take him down~.

Morpheus pulls in mana to unlease a stunbolt on the ork.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (M:Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "TN 3(Willpower)+1(BG Count), KP: 0/6":
1 1 1 3 4 4 8 8 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (M:Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 - 5 (successes) vs TN 4 for "TN 3(Willpower)+1(BG Count), KP: 1/6":
2 2 4 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (M:Willpower) + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "2S Drain, need 6 successes. (Again, cast at SERIOUS damage level). KP: 1/6":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 = 8 Successes

** GM Nina **
F6 Stunbolt, 7 successes, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 6 for "Ork resisting, KP: 4/6":
1 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 - 1 (successes) vs TN 6 for "Ork resisting, KP: 5/6":
3 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
F6 Stunbolt
Morpheus: 7 successes
Ork: 1 success
6 Net Successes
6S -> 6D -> ect

Ork unconcious

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Can Shadow put a shot in the skull of ork and troll to kill them now?"
«Plot» Nina says, "You can."

Phoebe drops the physical barrier spell but doesn't have time to clean up the astral signature.. instead she concentrates on a Trid Phantasm illusion as she coaxes Theo to join Shadow deeper into the basement area.

Phoebe pulls in fresh clean mana and produces an illusion right in front of her so that when Lonestar comes down the stairs they will see a normal full basement.. but will not see Phoebe, Shadow, the troll, ork or Theo.. they will see a large movie screen with fold up metal chairs lined up in front of it and large speakers hanging on the walls and ceiling. On the screen will be a documentary of World War II weapons and combat planning and maneuvers. A documentary that Phoebe saw on the trid about two weeks previous. So.. Phoebe has to concentrate on the spell to keep it flowing and legit looking.. the story moving along as best as she can remember it (thankfully the Mnemonic Enhancer 3 install will make that much much easier).

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering Successes!":
1 1 3 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F5 Trid Phantasm F5 Trid Phantasm":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 8 9 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3D Drin, need 8. KP: 9/36":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 = 10 Successes

** GM Nina **
F5 Trid Phantasm, 8 net successes, no drain (Phoebe sustaining).

«Plot» Kellogg says, "can Shadow see the illusion too?"
«Plot» Nina says, "Yes.. stupid crazy real looking.. no.. it <IS> real. :)"

** GM Nina **
From Phoebe, Shadow, Theo side.. the movie screen goes from ceiling to floor and wall to wall. It's like looking through a backlit movie screen at a theatre.. they can see the outline of the stairs, the chairs, etc.

Shadow stays to the back as the lonestar comes down into the illusion that Phoebe made. Nodding, he watches the documentary, watching and waiting for a particularly loud moment of gunfire for his own gun to get fired. One shot per, Ork, troll, it's not possible for them to finger anyone if they're dead. It's regrettable it has to happen, but Shadow was not going to have their work spoiled by these two surviving.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 (Average LS INT) + 3 (Using 6 KP) vs TN 5 for "LS Resisting Illusion, KP: 6/6":
1 3 3 4 5 5 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Squad Mage Resisting, KP: 3/6":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + 2 (KP) - 1 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Squad Mage Resisting, KP: 4/6":
2 3 5 5 5 5 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + 2 (KP) - 6 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Squad Mage Resisting, KP: 6/6":
1 3 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Squad Mage the closest with 6 successes… still could not beat Phoebe's 8 successes.. believes it to be real.

Five Lonestar men in riot gear come down the stairs, a full squad.. gun at the ready, front two guys have riot shields and a mage by the looks of his lack of weapons brings up the rear. They come down the open stairway ready for combat.. but.. as they reach the bottom they stop, form up behind the riot shields… ponder.. talk amongst themselves.. sigh.. and head back upstairs.

During this.. there are plenty of times for Kellogg ot do his shooting.

Shadow takes care of his shooting in that time period. Right in front of LS and.. none of them even realize it. The ork and troll got a double tap of shots, just to be sure. The bodies would be dragged off to the side, hidden behind one of the tables that had been turned over. Then Shadow would loot them of everything that isn't their clothes. He's through, knowing they will be searched another time. Once done, he refreshes the clip in his gun and waits for LS to leave before he'd finally talk to the others. "That was close."

PHoebe gives the shshshsh symbol to Theo with an index finger over her lips and coaxes him to the far end of the basement to that heavy looking steel escape door that Malcom escaped through.

Morpheus moves to assist Shadow.

After Shadow has looted the bodies:
(2) Ares Pred III's
(2) wads of cash
(1) large survival knife (troll size)
(2) label clip microphone, belt clipped radios
(1) pocsec

Lonestar heads up the stairs, interest lost in the sounds of combat in the basement as one of them radios to the teams above, "False alarm.. movie studio playing war movie."

After LS goes up.. Phoebe drops the spells and starts to work on cleaning up her astral sigs the best she can manage.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 5 for "F5 Trid Phantsm clean":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 = 5 Successes

** GM Nina **
All Clean

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 6 for "F6 Physical Barrier Clean":
2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 8 9 9 10 = 4 Successes

** GM Nina **
2 Hours remain

Shadow goes over what they have, stashing the preds, checking the ammo real quick to make sure it'd work with his own before storing it too. He'd split the creds with Phoebe later. He's alo making sure to mute one radio and put the other on low, keeping an ear to it to listen in on their security while making sure the pocsec is off and stashing for later. Once done, he'd thumbs up to Phoebe and Morpheus.

(MindLink!) Trinity says the door leads into an underground tunnel system, steam tunnels and electrical tunnels. She has followed Morpheus through a route she has explained to me and I have put to memory.. shall we let the fighter leave and just work on our escape from the area? (from Nina to Kellogg)

Theo is standing quiet but he is on edge.. nervous.. so much magic and enough to trick a L.S. assault team.. and even fool their mage too. Who is this dwarf and this raven haired pretty lady? What the hell is up with this Morpheus fella that just formed out of the air like a ghost? Right now.. he looks willing to do whatever to escape the cops.. but he looks annoyed that the others seem to be secretly communicating about something and he is not in on it.

Shadow would wlak over to Phoebe, reach out to take her hand and put the trinket in her hand, dropping the invis on him innately. Glancing to Theo then, he'd nod slightly and walk over to the fighter. "Yo champ. I ain't sure why ya'll threw the fight or whatever. Ifn ya wanna help with takin those who made ya do it fer whatever reason, then we'll be in touch, wiz? Otherwise? I recommend ditchin town asap chummer. Getcha hoop gone." Shadow shrugs, glancing at the stairs. "ya'll can probably make it now. They're gonna be busy with the rest of the crowd. Just keep low, act slightly paniced, ya'll be fine."

** GM Nina **
Please +roll Charisma, negotiation, fast talk or appropriate social skill. TN 4 (His Willpower)

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Negotiation vs TN 4:
4 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Theo social counter":
1 2 3 7 = 1 Success

Phoebe slips the trinket back onto her bracelet as Shadow is talking with Theo.

Theo blinks and seems a bit unsettled when Shadow suddenly appears again.. dang magic can be surprising when you're not expecting it.

Theo listens to Shadow's offer and considers his options before speaking, "I'd like to leave with you if I can.. so we can get to a safer place for me to let you know what's going on. If you could help me.. make sure my girlfriend is safe… I can liquidate some assets and make sure you get paid."

Shadow studies Theo a moment, then gives a nod. "Fine, I can totally understand that chummer. I can't promise anythin, but we'll definitely see what we can do, wiz? Ya wanna leave with us, ya keep yer yap shut, keep quiet, we'll at least getcha out the way we know. wiz?" Shadow makes sure he gets it before heading for the door. ~Ya mind lettin me go first? Gimme 2 minutes then have em come. I'll sneak ahead. Just need ya ta tell me which way at the intersections.. work?~

Phoebe nods to the silent mind talk, ~You bet, that works. You want Morpheus to go with you in the astral as backup?~

Phoebe moves over to Theo and speaks soflty, he seems hesitant of her… "We will do our best to make sure your girlfriend is safe. It's not our primary mission here in New Orleans though, but we'll do the best we can." She then offers to the fighter, "We're going to have Lex (made up a new name) head into the tunnels first to make sure things are safe.. we'll head into the tunnels and get inside to hide..and come after him in a couple minutes when we know the route is safe.. kay?"

Theo nods, but doesn't speak.. he's keeping his yap shut and taking it serious.

Shadow nods, watching Phoebe and Theo, then would check the door to make sure it was ok to go through and head into the tunnels. Slipping into 'quiet mode' as he could, he'd head in the path Phoebe feeds him and keeping alert for issues.

~Please. Rather not have somethin nasty 'round that could be spotted that way chompin me.~

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Stealth for "Sneaky in the tunnels!":
2 3 3 3 5 7

Phoebe starts giving instructions on the route to Kellogg via the extended mindlink, she reminds him that when he can feel the link getting garbled up and weak.. he's reaching the limit of the 140 meter range limitation (F1 spell limited: 14(Magic) x 1(Force) x 10(meters)).

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 7 for "Shadow heard?":
1 4 10 = 1 Success

Shadow is careful while following instructions, always making sure at any big intersection to wait for the others to catch up before he heads in the next path. He didn't keep the gun out.. just in case, but he was on edge in here.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2:
1 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "What do I see..":
1 1 2 3 4 10

The steam and electrical tunnel is much nicer than sewer tunnels. Sure, it's musty smelling because it's New Orleans and it has such a high humidity.. but there are fans set up in the ceiling every 50 meters to suck out and exchange the air to keep out mold and "too much" moisture from the electrical systems.

Shadow is given instructions to go out to the interesection, then to the right.. past the next intersection (go straight).

Here… Pheobe and Theo start to follow in the tunnel (the escape door in the basement reclosed).

Lighting in the tunnel is minimal, a simple LED light in the ceiling every 25 meters. It's minimal lighting but safe enough not to fall in a hole or feel that its unsafe to walk down here.

Going straight through the intersection Shadow is about 10 meters past when he hears a scuttle of motion behind himself back near the intersection.

Looking behind, he can see six thug types in jeans, hoodies and sneakers. They have a collection of weapons out and ready (knives, baseball bat, brass knuckles).

Locations:

Phoebe/Theo: Just left basement (130 meters from intersection near Shadow).
6 Thugs: In intersection near Shadow
Shadow: 10 meters past Thug intersection

Note: There is only room for 3 foes to attack at once due to side/side limitation of space in the tunnel.

** GM Nina **
Your perception kept you from being ambushed.

** GM Nina **
+init

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Abel Init":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Ben Init":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Carl Init":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Donnie Init":
7
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Eugene Init":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+5 Fred Init":
9
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+23 Morpheus Init":
5
«Init Tracker» There is already an initiative for 'Shadow'. Use a different name.
«Tracker» Nina has wiped the Initiative data. A new pass can now be entered.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Shadow's init to 12.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Able's init to 9.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Ben's init to 6.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Carl's init to 6.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Donnie's init to 11.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Eugene's init to 8.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Fred's init to 11.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Morpheus's init to 28.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Morpheus………………….. 28 18 8 — —
Shadow……………………. 12 2 — — —
Donnie……………………. 11 1 — — —
Fred……………………… 11 1 — — —
Able……………………… 9 — — — —
Eugene……………………. 8 — — — —
Ben………………………. 6 — — — —
Carl……………………… 6 — — — —


Morpheus starts to materilize behind Shadow (the way he was going).. so that Shadow is blocking the space between him and the thugs.. to give him time to materialize fully.

** GM Nina **
Shadow's action

Shadow holds his hands up at spotting the thugs. "Woah woah woah. Lookit chummers, there's a drek ton of LS outside here that's gonna be floodin this place here crackerjack fast, wiz? We're just tryin ta get outta a jam. Ifn ya'll really really wanna throw down, then that's on you, but chip truth? It's time ta slot and run chummers. I am, ya should too, wiz?"

** GM Nina **
Please +roll your social skill.

** GM Nina **
TN 3 (Average INT)

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Negotiation vs TN 3 for "and praying..":
4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "Group social counter":
2 4 7 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg spends kp to make them fail? >.>;
«OOC» Nina says, "You can if you want.. +1 dice to reroll for a cost of 1 KP"
«OOC» Kellogg says, "to try and make them fail? I use 1 kp, they have to reroll a success?"
«OOC» Nina says, "Correct"

«Plot» Kellogg says, "1/4 KP, trying to make them reroll 1 die."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls 1 vs TN 3 for "Using KP for +1 dice, KP: 1/4":
3 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
1 KP use success for Shadow.. now having thugs use 1 KP to reroll their failure.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 4 for "Thug counter KP use.":
8 = 1 Success
«OOC» Nina says, "Doh!"
«OOC» Nina says, "Any other tricks before I have them take action?"

** GM Nina **
Shadow does not notice any ranged weapons on the thugs.. perhaps he could just outrun them? But loose ext. mindlink connection with Phoebe?

«OOC» Kellogg says, "uh.. supplimentary roll of etiquette?"
«OOC» Nina says, "Sure.. you bet."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Etiquette vs TN 3 for "totally praying now!":
2 7 = 1 Success
«OOC» Nina says, "1 KP to reroll the failure?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls 1 vs TN 3 for "KP use to reroll failure 2/4":
10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Nina says, "Yes!"
«OOC» Kellogg cheers!

** GM Nina **
Pulling out all his tricks and sneaky bastard ideas….. it works!!

** GM Nina **
Shadow: KP: 2/4

Donnie seems to be the leader, up front and holding a wooden ball bat with several nails driven through to make an ulitmate zombie killer bat.. he holds up a hand to hold his men back, "The Star? Shit man. I knew something was up topside tonight."

The thugs break off.. three going one direction on the tunnel, three going the other.

Over the mental link, Shadow knows that Phoebe and Theo are directly ahead through the intersection, luckily not one of the directions the thugs fled towards.

** GM Phoebe **
Log Note: Rather than fight 6:1 odds (Morpheus soon to materialize fully for 6:2 odds), Kellogg burned KP and did some fast talking social wonder to disarm the situation. Though it was not gun +rolls and combat.. it was social +rolls and KP usage. Legit "defense" in a combat situation.

** GM Phoebe **
Free RP

Morpheus fully materializes and then slowly starts to disapate back into the ethreal world.

«OOC» Kellogg thought that was skin of the teeth pulled off for having 2 in Etiquette and Negotiations. >.>
«OOC» Phoebe says, "I agree fully."
«OOC» Phoebe says, "Also.. risking KP.. that would be needed for combat if it failed."

Shadow nods in response to them and only after they're gone, would he sag against the wall, catching his breath. "frag.." Shaking his head, he'd glance to Morpheus, nod slightly as he came in, then'd phase out. ~Heads up. buncha thugs I just talked outta fightin. They know LS is comin so they're gettin gone. But I ain't sure what drek they might have setup here ta ward off LS. I'm at an intersection, waitin fer ya ta show and we'll go.~

(MindLink!) On our way. (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

Thirty seconds later.. Phoebe and Theo come into view and join up with Shadow in the intersection.

Shadow checks his gear, nods to the others then continues on from that point. He'd hold up two fingers to tell them to give him that 2 minute lead as he'd move on, following the directions once again to verify the path is clear.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Stealth for "Can't see me!":
1 1 4 5 9 14

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 vs TN 14 for "Halfer spotted?":
2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "What do I see?":
4 4 5 5 5 5

** GM Phoebe **
Somewhere else: In the headquarters of the "New Orleans: Tunnel Rats" gang… a blinking red light goes off on their security terminal. Someone has just walked past their hidden IR sensor in tunnel 12A.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 vs TN 7 for "Additional Issues in the tunnels?":
5 = 0 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow leads the way through the maze of tunnels and intersections until finally Phoebe has given him instructions to stop at a set of stairs that lead up to a small landing an a locked door with a maglock securing the door closed.

Phoebe has explained that this is the door that Malcom went through (Trinity was following). That on the other side is a basement of an electronics shop in the French Quarter. That Malcom had went up the stairs and spoke with the owner.. Trinity could not hear what they said (mumbling while she remained hidden in the astral)… but the owner escorted him out the back alley and let him take off on foot.

Shadow waits for the others that were coming to catch up. He'd watch and listen at the door to see if he could hear anything, then he'd check it over carefully for any potential alarms or the like.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "listening?":
1 2 3 3 5 20
«OOC» Phoebe says, "I hate your dice."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Security Procedures for "Checking for alarms!":
1 1 2 2 7
«OOC» Phoebe says, "I can't kill you if you keep doing that."
«OOC» Kellogg snerks.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow is fairly certain that there is no noise coming from the other side of the basement door. The only security he sees is the maglock (that likely has an alarm on it if the wrong code is used on it too many times).

Shadow breaks out his kit and pops the lock then, since it doesn't sound like anyone is there.

«Plot» Kellogg says, "quality of lock for TN?"

** GM Phoebe **
Task to enter:
1. Remove outer casing without setting off alarm
Electronics B/R: TN 6 (base time 3 minutes)

2. Trick maglock into opening
Electronics: TN 6 (base time 3 minutes)

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 6 for "Using electronic kit to remove casing!":
1 2 2 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 6 for "Using electronic kit to remove casing! KP:3/4 reroll":
2 2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Phoebe says, "Any other tricks up your sleeve before I emit results? (alarm)?"
«OOC» Kellogg says, "I can't do anything else. complimentary requires a success"
«OOC» Phoebe says, "good point."

** GM Phoebe **
As Shadow is working his magic on the maglock… Phoebe and Theo catch up to his location and watch him from out in the tunnel as he is working on this electronic security device.

About two minutes into the task a speaker in the maglock talks, "Step away from the lock and move along. I have already called for people to come deal with you.. and it's not the law.. so they won't be playing nice."

(MindLink!) Trinity informs.. Malcom is entering the back alley of the Nosferatu target building. (from Phoebe to Kellogg)

Shadow stares at the lock. "Frag you too." He'd pull a knife then and start beating on the lock to bust the casing open so he can access the wiring directly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Strength for "Frag the casing!":
1 1 2 3 3 7

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow is able to remove the casing and get to the electronics beneath to bypass the maglock. The alarm has been set off.. but that doesn't stop the halfer from Denver from moving forward to get past this door.

** GM Phoebe **
+roll Electronics TN 6 (Base time 3 minutes)

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Electronics vs TN 6 for "Now to actually pop the lock…":
1 1 7 9 = 2 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
90 seconds to pop the lock.

Shadow cracks the case and chucks it aside. He'd put the throwing knife away and start work on the lock itself, it takes him a bit over a minute to get the system to scramble enough for him to pop the lock to green, opening the door. Putting the kit away he'd glare at the lock and would shoot it if they didn't have to deal with drek his first failure had happen. Pausing, he frowns at the door then glances at Phoebe and holds out a hand. ~Hey, mind doin the invis trick? I'll need whatever edge I can get up there.~

Phoebe nods and peels off the little silver trinket (F1 Sustaining foci: Imp Invis) and hands it to Shadow as she speaks in her strange language.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering Successes!":
2 5 5 5 7 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F2 Improved Invisibility Cast at F1 Imp Invis":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2M Drain, need 4, KP: 9/36":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 8 10 11 = 17 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
F1 Imp Invis (sustaining foci), 8 net successes, no drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering vs BG Count 1":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 9 15 = 12 Successes

Phoebe calls in fresh mana after finding a fresh path of magical mojo juice in the ethreal world.. then casts the improved invisibiility spell on Shadow.

*Poof* Gone is the halfer

Theo fidgets a bit uncomfortable at the obvious display of magic.

Invisible now. Shadow cracks the door just far enough to get through, keeping low in case that triggers someone firing and sneaks into the room above to scout out their exit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Stealth for "can't hear me to go along with can't see me!":
3 3 3 4 7 11

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "now what can I see?":
2 3 5 7 7 17

** GM Phoebe **
In the basement, Shadow perceives the following:

  • Stock room for electronics supplies. Wire, diodes, resistors, electical circuit boards, etc, etc. If someone knew electronics well, they could find the components here to build anything they wanted/knew how to build.
  • There is a 1 meter tall, 1 meter wide, 1 meter deep safe under a workbench (electronic access keypad) Likely bolted into the concrete floor.
  • Workbench (electronics shop)

Going up the stairs Shadow views a door closed at the top of the stairs. It has an additional maglock on it that looks about the same quality as the one that was in the access tunnel.

Shadow sweeps the room, makes sure it's clear then calls Phoebe and Theo up. ~Clear, come up and close the door.~ With the components there, Shadow tries to work together a makeshift electrocution device. There's plenty there, he should be able to rig it so the next person that grabs the handle of that lower door is gonna be in for a serious shock!

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Electronics for "How evil am I?":
1 2 2 5
«OOC» Kellogg says, "not that evil."

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow uses the workbench (Electronics shop) to start working up his McGuiver shock on the door.. about four minutes into it.. those in the basement can hear the stomping feet of several people rushing across the floor above towards the top of the stairs.

Phoebe and Theo (now in the basement with Shadow with the tunnel door closed) look concerned.

Morpheus starts to materialize.

Trinity starts to materialize.

-------> Phoebe's PrP <------
Phoebe's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Wed Apr 13 15:56:39 2076 <----——

** GM Nina **
Log Restarted

** GM Nina **
1 action allowed before +inits

Shadow uses what he has, hoping it's enough to make them get shocked. He'd crack the other door, open it some and attach the device so the next person to grab the handle would get shocked hard. Shadow then ducks off to the side, trying to hide. ~Phoebe, can ya throw up another illusion, the room unransacked and the door open just like I got it? Tryin ta have em think we went out that door and chase us. hopin the confusion can let us get the drop on em.~ Shadow would pull his silenced nacrojet, ready for the coming fight.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative with a result of 7.

** GM Nina **
Which door are you putting the device on?

Phoebe nods to Shadow, urging Theo to join her and Shadow into the corner of the room away from the route to the door… so she only has to offer an illusion to cover their current corner they are hiding in. This will allow her far less space to try and memorize for the illusion wall. In the corner with the other two… she examines the shelves and items and equipment where they are at and then casts her Trid Phantasm spell as another wall of illusion so tht she, Theo and Shadow are on the other side of it and hopefuly unseen.

** GM Phoebe **
TN to get a good look at items in corner to make a reasonable "copy" of what is here (minus the three hiding) = TN 6 - 3(Mnemonic Enhancer 3) = TN 3

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence vs TN 3:
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 7 8 23 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 4 for "F5 Trid Phantasm Illusion Corner Wall":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 9 11 17 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 3 for "3D Drain, need 8, KP: 9/36":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 10 10 11 13 19 = 14 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
And.. the door atop the stairs opens up and men start coming down….

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Stealth for "For hiding the device on the door that is zappy zappy.. maybe.":
1 4 4 4 7 22
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Leo's Perceptin against ilusion, 3/6 KP":
1 2 2 2 4 4 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Ned's Perceptin against ilusion, 3/6 KP":
1 1 1 2 3 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Pauline's Perceptin against ilusion, 3/6 KP":
4 4 5 5 10 11 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Pauline's Perceptin against ilusion, 4/6 KP":
3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Pauline's Perceptin against ilusion, 6/6 KP":
1 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Ray's Perceptin against ilusion, 3/6 KP":
1 2 2 3 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "Tigg's Perceptin against ilusion, 3/6 KP":
2 2 4 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Tracker» Phoebe has wiped the Initiative data. A new pass can now be entered.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Shadow's init to 7.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Leo's Init":
2 5
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Leo's init to 14.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Ned's Init":
5 9
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Ned's init to 18.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Pauline's Init":
3 5
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Pauline's init to 15.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Ray's Init":
2 11
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Ray's init to 15.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 2 for "+7 Tigg's Init":
2 4
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Tigg's init to 13.

** GM Phoebe **
Oh.. also of note.. Morpheus and Trinity have fully materialized and are in the hidey wall also.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+14 Morpheus Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Morpheus's init to 16.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+14 Trinity Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Trinity's init to 16.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Phoebe Init":
3 4 8
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Phoebe's init to 22.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+6 Theo Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Theo's init to 8.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Phoebe……………………. 22 12 2 — —
Ned………………………. 18 8 — — —
Morpheus………………….. 16 6 — — —
Trinity…………………… 16 6 — — —
Pauline…………………… 15 5 — — —
Ray………………………. 15 5 — — —
Leo………………………. 14 4 — — —
Tigg……………………… 13 3 — — —
Theo……………………… 8 — — — —
Shadow……………………. 7 — — — —


«Plot» Phoebe says, "Phoebe is at a disadvantage right now, no sustaining foci for the F5 Trid Phantasm (+2 TNs)."
«Plot» Phoebe says, "Phoebe stays unmoving and silent behind the trid wall (holding action)."

Ned rushes down the stairs, big ole shotgun held in front with a crazy bright flashlight offering him great visibility into the basement. He looks to be armored in a vest/jacket, sidearm on right hip, black baseball cap turned backwards on his head. His eyes lock onto the 'empty' basement and the open door and he makes a beeline directly for the open door.

Morpheus remains silent behind the Trid wall (holding action).

Trinity remains silent behind the Trid wall (holding action).

Pauline takes a VERY careful look around the basement as she's coming down the stairs… but all seems as Ned has seen and she's making for the far door also.

Ray and Leo and Tigg also follow.. they look to be a well trained group, guns pointing in fields of fire to cover the whole basement and surroundings as they move in unison… skilled enough not to sweep their partners with the muzzles of their guns.. well trained.

Theo remains behind the trid wall silent.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow's action.

«Plot» Kellogg holding action with baited breath

** GM Phoebe **
Round 1, Pass 2

«Plot» Phoebe says, "Phoebe holds action."

Ned pulls up the door fully and sweeps the stairway/narrow hall down into the tunnel.. then lets his team form up behind him and they head down and out of the basement.

** GM Phoebe **
Free RP.. if done in small bits and careful.

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Did the jolt thing not work?"

** GM Phoebe **
The jolt item did not work. You got interupted part way into the project and never completed it.

Shadow held his hand up, listening to them as they'd go off. He waits. There were 4, but what if they had one hang back, just in case the sweep missed? Mentally, Shadow started a timer in his head, counting down slowly from 100 while continuing to keep quiet and still.

Phoebe drops the trid wall illusion, ~Morpheus.. please take your astral form.. follow that team. Let us know if they start coming back this way.~

Trinity offers through the mental link with Phoebe, which filters through on purpose from Phoebe to Shadow through the mindlink, ~Any way we can shut that door and lock it down so they can't get back into the basement?~

Shadow nods at the suggestion and gets to work, closing the door as quietly as possible, then jamming the lock.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Electronics for "Jam the lock!":
1 3 5 9

Morpheus offers over the shared link, ~One of them is coming back to the basement.. the others split off into teams and are gonig left and right.. they're being cautious.~

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow works on the lock… CLICK.. he locks it down with a factory reset toggle he finds in the electronics with a wire jumper trick.. and two seconds later he can hear someone on the other side yank at it.. and find that it's now locked.

Ten seconds pass….

Morpheus offers over the link, ~The lady at the door is holding her ear and talking quietly.. I think she's calling the team about the door being locked.~

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg.. with his electronics knowledge and know-how.. figures… an average person will take 3 minutes (if they have the skills).. to reopen that basement door now.

** GM Phoebe **
TN 6, base time 3 minutes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Enemy Team Maglock work outside.":
1 4 4 9 = 1 Success

Shadow pauses just before he'd start working on trying to jam it, once he got it locked. "Drek." Shadow looks over at Phoebe and Theo at Morpheus' words. "They're already tryin ta get in. we mebbe got 3 minutes. If we're lucky." He'd point towards the other door, heading for it himself. "Let's slot and run chummers." Shadow would head up the stairs out of the basement and into the shop, keeping an eye for potential issues before heading for the nearest exit!

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Potential of orientation system telling me exactly where we are?"

** GM Phoebe **
Perception roll please

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence for "what do I see?":
3 4 4 5 8 23

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Phoebe perception":
1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 for "T Perception (meat body)":
1 1 2 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 for "M Perception (astral still)":
1 2 4 5 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 for "Theo Perception":
2 3 3 5

** GM Phoebe **
Please +roll intellignece vs TN 8 (for orientation system help).

** GM Phoebe **
Coming up out of the basement, Shadow notes the door is slightly ajar and he can push forward and enter above without restraint or delay.

Coming up he finds himself in a back storage/maintenance shop where the store owner has projects going on on workbenches and an open hole/window between the shop and the front of the store allows customers to look back and see his workshop as he repairs their electronic devices while they wait.

An open doorway leads into the storefront. The front door can be seen out to the street and the <open> side of the sign is showing towards Shadow (meaning the Closed side is facing out to the street).

To Shadow's right on the back wall is a door with an emergency push bar on it that leads out, likely to a back alley.

Directly in front of Shadow.. is the store owner with a shotgun pointed directly at him. Freakish how someone can be looking right through you when you are invisible. Phoebe though is directly on Shadow's heals and will soon be seen as she comes up the stairs. Additionally.. the four coming up the stairs surely are making noise on the stairs with their footfalls as they are making haste to escape.

** GM Phoebe **
After +roll, please +init.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+13 Morpheus Init":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+14 Trinity Init":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 3 for "+9 Phoebe Init":
2 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+6 Theo Init":
10
«Tracker» Phoebe has wiped the Initiative data. A new pass can now be entered.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Morpheus's init to 18.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Trinity's init to 17.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Phoebe's init to 17.
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Theo's init to 12.
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 1 for "+6 Store Owner INit":
9
«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Owner's init to 12.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Orientation system of map connecting to verify location":
1 1 3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg says, "I have dead reckoning system and internal GPS."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Initiative:
7

** GM Phoebe **
3's.. apparently the electrcial lines messed up a bit of the headware.. as he comes out of the basement Shadow can feel his orientation system starting to funciton better.

«Init Tracker» Phoebe (#6503) has set Shadow's init to 7.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Morpheus………………….. 18 8 — — —
Phoebe……………………. 17 7 — — —
Trinity…………………… 17 7 — — —
Owner…………………….. 12 2 — — —
Theo……………………… 12 2 — — —
Shadow……………………. 7 — — — —


Morpheus is in the astral, bringing up the rear keeping an eye on the basement door where the lock has been secured (for now).

Phoebe is behind Shadow, coming up the stairs but Shadow is at the top of the stairs and Phoebe can't do anything yet (held action).

Trinity is behind Phoebe.. in the stairway queue (held action).

The owner spots the basement door getting pushed open.. he raises his gun.. sites down the barrel.. looking for a target.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 + 3 (KP) vs TN 2 for "Perceiving Imp. Invis Shadow, needs 8 successes, KP: 6/6":
2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 10 = 9 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Store owner used all his KP to get extra dice.. it pays off for him.

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow notes the store owner's eyes lock onto his own directly and the shotgun shifts to aim directly at him.. crap!

The store owner pulls the trigger.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "Short range, target moving, KP: 6/6(all used up)":
1 1 1 2 3 4 5 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Care to use CP to dodge? TN 4, only need 2 successes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Using CP to dodge, 4/8 used.":
3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow needs 3 dodge successes (rules review).. Store owner only does base damage only. Defiance T-250: 10S base damage.
10S - 6(armor) = 4S to resist.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Resisting shotty to the chest":
2 3 5 5 8 = 3 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
4S to Reist - 3 successes.. Shadow takes Moderate Physcial Wound
Shadow: +2 TNs (Injury mod)

Theo is in the stairway queue (held action).

** GM Phoebe **
Shadow's action

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Reaction vs TN 6 for "quickdraw ares +2 for that fraggin hurt!":
1 1 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg says, "so the draw is a regular action then.. which means I only get 1 shot.."

«Plot» Kellogg says, "Short range: 4 +2 wound -2 SL-2, final TN: 4?"

** GM Phoebe **
TN 4, agreed

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Pistols vs TN 4 for "TN noted above":
1 2 3 3 4 = 1 Success

** GM Phoebe **
Weapon base damage?
«OOC» Kellogg says, "9M"

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Store Onwer Soaking 9M - 3(mild armor), KP: 6/6":
3 3 4 10 10 = 2 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
Store owner takes Light physical damage, +1 TN(injury mod)

** GM Phoebe **
Morpheus, Phoebe, Trinity, Theo.. stuck on stairs behind Shadow… round 1 pass 2 passes by, they are unable to get past Shadow.

+init

The owner spies Shadow, squeezes the trigger.. BLAM!! and Shadow is hit!

Shadow whips out his pistol and returns fire.. BLAM!! and the owner is hit.

The owner snarls, takes aim and squeezes off another blast at Shadow.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Store owner, short range -1(aim), +1(injury mod) KP: 6/6 (out of Combat Pool now)":
2 4 4 4 4 5 5 11 = 7 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
10S Base + 7 successes coming at Shadow.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "TN 4 dodge +2 wound, last of CP 8/8":
1 1 1 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Kellogg says, "holy frick."
«OOC» Kellogg says, "D++"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Resisting deadly++ for stopping overflow, hopefully..":
1 1 4 5 10 = 3 Successes

** GM Phoebe **
The store owner hits Shadow solid in the middle of his chest (or if +roll for deadly damage says elsewhere) and Shadow is thrown back off his feet and into the air and back at those on the stairs. Phoebe will need to duck fast (Reaction +roll vs TN 6) and the others will need to try and catch him.

Shadow takes D++ physical damage.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Reaction vs TN 6 for "Phoebe not getting tackled by the flying dwarf.":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes

With Shadow no longer in the way at the top of the stairs.. Phoebe can see the store owner.. she reaches out (held action) and blasts a stunbolt at him.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Theo and Trinity trying to catch the dwarf.":
1 2 3 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Centering Successes!":
2 2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 5 for "F6 Stunbolt Willpower: 5":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 8 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2S Drain, need 6 KP: 9/36":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 = 18 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Store Onwer resisting F6 Stunbolt, KP: 6/6":
1 3 3 4 9 = 1 Success

** GM Phoebe **
Store Owner down, Unconcious.

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Spotting medkit mounted on wall of business.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 = 1 Success

** GM Phoebe **
Trinity and Theo catch the dwarf and ease him into their collective grasp/carry. Morpheus starts to materialize to help carry and if needed… use heal magic to save him.

Phoebe has her medkit back in the van in her pack.. damn it! Any medical attempt will be without a.. wait.. emergency medkit mounted on wall of business is spotted.

The group works to get Shadow up onto one of the workbenches and then Phoebe has Morpheus go to the stairs.. watch.. and when the crew comes through.. stunbolt as reuiqred to buy them time.

-------> Phoebe's PrP <------
Phoebe's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Wed Apr 20 14:30:16 2076 <----——

** GM Phoebe **
Kellogg has rolled 3 successes to Stabilize with is body roll.. he has stabilized.

Phoebe with a Medkit is going to have a TN 10 (minor mods) with only a skill of 3. She may do more damage than good, best to just F6 Treat him to save his life and get him out of the area of danger and retreat.

«Plot» Phoebe says, "Casting F6 Treat, TN 10-1(essence) = TN 9"

«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Centering vs TN 9 for "Centering Successes!":
2 3 3 4 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (Ally Spirit) vs TN 9 for "F6 Treat Treating Shadow!!":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Focus) vs TN 2 for "2D Drain, need 8, KP: 9/36":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 9 9 9 10 = 17 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (ally spirit) vs TN 9 for "Rerolling Failures on F6 Treat, KP: 10/36":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 11 14 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (ally spirit) - 2 (successes) vs TN 9 for "Rerolling Failures on F6 Treat, KP: 12/36":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (ally spirit) - 3 (successes) vs TN 9 for "Rerolling Failures on F6 Treat, KP: 15/36":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Phoebe (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (ally spirit) - 4 (successes) vs TN 9 for "Rerolling Failures on F6 Treat, KP: 19/36":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 9 11 = 2 Successes
.

** GM Phoebe **
F6 Treat - 6 boxes healed
Remaining Physical Damage: 4 boxes
Phoebe KP used: 19/36
No Drain

** GM Phoebe **
It takes Phoebe 30 seconds of laying her hands on Shadow healing him….

It is taking the basement intruder team longer…

There is time for Morpheus and Trinity and Theo to help Shadow out the back of the store and into the alley.

While Phoebe is going for the van, "Trinity and Morpheus pilfer the higher end electronics (the stuff with teh big price tags) in the store, clear out the register of cash and take things like silver solder and electronic diagnostic equipment for fencing later. These are all done because they know paying for Kellogg's medical treatment is going to be expensive. With the gear in tow.. they work on carrying Kellogg out and away from teh area to meet up with Phoebe.

Phoebe heads to the van and gets it and drives it to the alley nearby where they load Kellogg in. He's taken some major damage and is unconcious as they load him into the van.

Phoebe informs the Council of Merlin they need to withdrawl and will have to return later to continue the mission, but understands if they must move on with a replacement team if time is essential. Otherwise, Phoebe (Nina) informs she can try and return soon to complete the mission.

Phoebe gathers their gear and with the help of Morpehus and Trinity they get to the train yard and get Shadow in, make him comfortable and keep him sedatated.

Many hours later….

Kellogg wakes up in what looks like a military MASH unit vehicle.

Nine pages: UCAS Military Logistical Mover: This ancient military truck is ready to roll, well maintained. It's color is olive drab, with North American Forest Camo. (Uses same stats as Conistoga Trailblazer.) Has 3 triage units which are rating 1 trauma clinics in the back trailer. R10 armor on the trailer, so nobody will be able to shoot shit up or blow it up probably there. Has its own generator back there.

Nine pages: Yeah, you can drag him over to the Res and we'll stick him in the MASH and he can wake up in an old UCAS army truck trailer with all the clinic dangles (it's really Adam's but Haven associated). That might be totally fun. If I'm not around just pretend I came and unlocked it for you guys.


Phoebe is sitting nearby as the beep beep of medical monitors are monitoring Kellogg's health.

SR3 pg 127

Deadly Wounds and Permanent Damage

When a character suffers a Deadly wound, he or she may take permanent damage to a vital organ, limb or biological system. Make a Body Test against a TN 4. If a trauma patch was used, apply a +2 modifier. Dermal armor also counts for this test.

0 successes: Some vital organ, body part or system has been gravely damaaged. The patient must be kept under continuous treatment by another character with Biotech Skill even if the wounded character has been stabilized. Double the time for the entire healing process. A replacement organ of on kind or another must be transplanted. This requires major drastic invasive surgery and a new organ.

Roll 1D6 for the actual damage result and consult the following table:

Die Roll Result
1 Lose 1 point of Body
2 Lose 1 point of Strength
3 Lose 1 point of Quickness
4 Lose 1 point of Intelligence
5 Lose 1 point of Willpower
6 Lose 1 point of Reaction

Attribute points lost in this manner cannot be recovered, though they can be replaced by cybernetic or other means. The loss of an Attribute point to Deadly damage or other means. The loss of an Attribute point to Deadly damage drops the character's Racial Modified Limit for that Attribute by 1 point.

1 Successes: An eye or limb has been mangled beyond its abiltiy to heal. A replacement is required, either natural or cyber. This adds to the normal healing costs and may mean having to wait to get the replacement before healing can begin. Increase the base healing time by 50 percent. Replacing the damaged part requires major invasive surgery and a replacement eye or limb. Roll 1D6 for the actual damage result:

Die Roll Result
1 Lose right arm
2 Lose left arm
3 Lose right leg
4 Lose left leg
5 Lose an ear (roll 1D6: 1-3 right ear, 4-6 left ear)
6 Lose an eye (roll 1D6: 1-3 right eye, 4-6 left eye)

2 or More Successes: The character takes no limb or organ damage.
Logfile from Nina.

** GM Nina **
Log restarted

** GM Nina **
Just need a +roll body/4 roll from you. 2 successes and nothing is wrong.. just need heal time.

«OOC» Kellogg says, "uhm.. my essance is 2.63"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kellogg (#10856) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "be alive!":
1 3 3 5 9 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Nina rolled wrong on Kellogg's Treat spell. Her TN was not 9. It was 10 - 2(essence) TN 8. Same results though.

Kellogg did not get any destoyed body parts.. just normal heal time required for recovery.

** GM Nina **
Heal time at Nine's facility will be worked out between Kellogg and Nine ICly. Please award Kellogg his full 45,000 cash!

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Wed Apr 20 19:26:38 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License