Nina and Cain: You Shot My Woman!

GM: Nina
Players: Cain, Nina
Synopsis:
Nina is contacted by Tony (lvl 3 Fixer, Italian Mafia) that he needs her help escorting a truck of Asian girls from a safe-house he thinks has been compromised, so he can get them safely to the train yard and shipped to Cal-Free so he can smuggle them back home to their families in Asia.

Nina and Cain arrive on site in Cain's van.. sniper, rigger, mage in warded van, rotodrone.. ah!! Astral combat, elementals, LMG on rotodrone.. laser spell, sniper destroy's Cain's van engine, sniper shoots (injuries) Nina.. Cain vaporizes sniper in revenge kill.

Van gets picked up by Tony's men for repair, Nina and Cain ride with transport vehicle to train yard to finish escorting the girls, mission success.
Date: 4/14/2076


------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Cain (player) / Nina (player/GM)
-----> Sun Apr 17 09:04:48 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
This plot may cause a rash, testicular itching, near-sightedness, maiming or even death. Do the players in this plot agree to these possibilities and also the posting of this RP log on Wiki?

«Plot» Nina says, "I consent."
«Plot» Cain says, "I agree!"

** GM Nina **
It's a late Thursday night, 4/14/2076 and Nina has been working a full day on her creation of a weapon foci formula while Cain has also been working on his project. While in the Enchanting room taking apart her collapsable staff, Nina gets a message from her fixer, Tony Marchino (level 3 fixer, Italian mafia)….

Cain has just started the process of setting the alchemical radicals to boiling, preparing the Orichulum run for the long haul. He seems pretty well practiced in this, confidently moving around the table while Nina gets her message.

-------> TXT from Tony <-------
Muse,
The girls need escorted from the safehouse to the rail yard for their trip back home. Can you escort? Concerned safehouse location has been compromised and the group may wish to try and reacquire their assets.

T


Nina reads her message and hmms, looks over to Cain, "Love… Last week Zen and I rescued this truck of asian girls from a sex slave ring in the Warrens. Tony arranged for them to be smuggled back home to Asia after selling off the guns and gear we collected on the task… he's got the girls at a safehouse but needs to get them to the train yard for transportation to Cal-Free so they can get on a freighter for a ship ride home. He's scared the safehouse has been compromised and the group may try and get their hands on the girls again. Can we help make sure the girls are okay getting to the train yard?"

Cain frowns. "Yeah. Yeah, we can definitely do that." He says, glancing around at his setup. "It won't take more then a few hours to get them from A to B safely." He says with a nod. "And I'm sure as hell not letting some group get their hands on a bunch of girls for a sex slave ring." He grumbles. "Are they leaving shortly?"

Nina nods, "I think so.. let me get the specifics.. time and safehouse location and such.. one sec." She pulls open the pocsec then and shoots some quick txts back/forth with Tony and gathers up the info and then stows the pocsec once again. She then moves over closer to Cain to inform, "The safehouse is in the CAS sector west of the Warrens.. so no issue with border crossings. The train yard is also in the same sector so that's an easy go. It's the same train yard I used on my job with Kellogg going to New Orleans. I have the address of the safehouse and they want to move the girls in one hour.. it's a five mile ride from there to the train yard. They have their own truck for transport..we're just supposed to be escorts."

"Alright." Cain says with a nod. "We'll go in the Van to a nearby point, then meet up with them at the train yard. Suppose we should start gearing up and getting ready to go. I'll make sure this is as set as it can be before we take off."

Nina starts putting away her things, the day was done anyway for working, "Okay.. let me grab my gear and meet you at your van in the back alley?"

Cain nods. "Sounds good." Cain as well starts to suit up, making sure to get his usual assortment of 'outside' clothing on. Guns, armor, helmet, and of course his foci. It doesn't take him too long to leave, after doing the last little additives to the Orichulum Run.

Nina gathers up her gear:

Armor Jacket
Pocket Flashlight
Medkit
High Powered Goggles
Plasteel Restraints
Surgical gloves
Pocsec
Exp Illusion Focus F5
Exp combat Focus F6
Exp Manipulation Focus F6
Exp Health Focus F6
Exp Detection Focus F4
cTelescoping Staff
R4 Tac-com
High Powered Optical Binoculars
Autopicker R10
Ninja Bead
Not bringing any guns or her smartglove

Nina keeps her work gear pre-packed so it's just shouldering a bag and heading for the van.

On the walk across the enchanting room, Nina is reassembling her telescopic staff.

Cain is equipped, geared, loaded and heading to the Van! Ready to go be a chauffeur for some girls in need.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 (Pole Arms/Staves B/R) vs TN 4 for "Reassembly.":
2 2 4 5 11 = 3 Successes

Nina hops into the van after securing the door, buckles up with the pack on the floor between her knees, "Okay.. let's do this."

Cain and Nina are in Cains van, and he has the transponder changed to a fresh set, the color swapped to one they tend to use while out and about on business. They roll out from the Elysium Fields, and head towards the safehouse at a perfectly safe legal pace.

** GM Nina **
The two hermetic mages make it across town, thankfully not any border crossings to deal with on this job, which makes things a bit more simple. After fifteen minutes the GPS in the van says they are about a block away… that's when they can see the warehouse ahead in the industrial zone and are just getting eyes on the building, confirming with the GPS, "Destination in on your right in 300 meters" it says.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Intelligence:
2 5 5 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence:
2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 8 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 for "M Perception (astral)":
1 2 2 3 4 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 for "T Perception (astral)":
1 1 4 5 9 23
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 for "Mystery roll":
4 5 5 11 22
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 for "2nd Mystery roll":
2 2 3 4 4

** GM Nina **
Cain spots:

  • Mysterious van about a 1/2 block away from safehouse, Cain will be passing it shortly on the way to the safehouse (150 meters ahead of Cain's van parked on right side of road, rear van doors facing Cain).
  • Man with sniper rifle (on roof) across street of safehouse (warehouse) crouching down and getting into position with LOS on the safehouse.

Nina spots:

  • Van mentioned above
  • Sniper mentioned above

Morpheus spots:

  • Van mentioned above
  • Sniper mentioned above

Trinity spots:

  • Van mentioned above
  • Sniper mentioned above
  • Rotodrone in sky above

Cain murmurs. "That Vans a little out of place. Do you see the guy on the roof across the street?" He asks curiously. He slows the van down a bit, eyeing that other van thats parked on the side of the road.

Nina nods, "I do.. looks like he's got a rifle.. that's not good. Tony didn't say anything about escort security other than it being us.. I don't think he's on our side… crap.. Trinity says there is a rotodrone in the sky overhead also.. well.. technically she said a large flying garbage can."

"Mmmm. Well, shit. Alright. You want to try and check with Tony while I park behind this van a ways?" Cain would come to a stop a good 20 meters behind the van, making it look like they are parking outside of another building.

Nina nods and pulls out her pocsec for some txting.

Nina looks up a bit surprised and offers, "Trinity just said two elementals just arrived in the astral by that sniper.. they look like they are flanking him to protect him.. or they are prepping for an attack."

"Well…. Shit. Alright then." Cain says with a frown. He stirs, and peers out towards the sniper after stopping. "What are the odds he is the guy bringing them in…?"

Nina considers that, "I can have Trinity get closer and see if he's awakened.. but a mage can assign an elemental to another person too so that's not a for sure thing. I could tell one of my elementals to serve Kellogg for example.. and Kellogg could then call it and command it just like he was me."

Cain rubs his forehead a bit. "Or we could just take care of him and the elementals." Cain says with a sigh, "I don't think Tony would have assigned them to us. But if there is a rotodrone up there, that means they also have a rigger somewhere, too."

Nina updates what she's learned through Txts, "Tony says that we are the only outside the building security.. anyone else is to be considered a threat."

"Well. Lets handle the threats then. I'm betting dollars to donuts that van ahead of us is holding the rigger, and likely some muscle. Maybe even the mage, who knows. You want to work on the sniper up top with his elementals? Or focus fire on the van and take them all down there first?"

Nina hmms about the situation, "I'm concerned if we deal with the van.. the sniper has line of sight on us and the elemetnals we will have to deal with quickly also. Dealing with the sniper we have to deal with the rotodrone coming at us from above.. which is the same if we go after the van.. hmmm." She ponders further, "Perhaps we should see if the van has an astral ward on it.. carefully gather that intel and that could change our planning."

Cain tips his head. "Alright. You do that, but be quick. That drone might have noticed we just stopped and are sitting here. I'll stay here, in case I need to peel out. If I do, I'll park the van out of line of sight, two blocks down. Just in case you need to find your body."

Nina nods, leans over for a quick kiss.. and then leans back in the seat while still buckled up.. and astrally projects.

Nina slips into the astral world, rising up out of her body carefully and then she zips ahead to the van to try and see if it has a ward on it.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence for "Nina perception":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 8 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Elemental Perception on Nina (TN 4 + 1(BG) + 2(Distance/lighting)":
1 2 2 2 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Elemental Perception on Nina (TN 4 + 1(BG) + 2(Distance/lighting)":
2 3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (T: Perception):
1 2 2 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (M: Perception):
1 4 5 8 9 11

Nina opens her eyes after about ten seconds, "It deffinately has a ward on the van.. we can't zip in there easy like in the astral, that's for sure. I'd better call up my watchers for help before things go sideways."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 2 2 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 2 4 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 1 2 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
1 1 3 4 9 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
2 2 3 3 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
3 3 5 5 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
2 4 7 9 10 15 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring F6 Watcher, 1 hour service only.":
2 2 2 2 9 11 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Took a few tries.. but (7) F6 watcher spirits are conjured. Trauma Dampner ignores the Light stun drains so no need to +roll drain.

Nina removes a small twig and a tiny vial of honey from a pocket and as she begins to dab the stick into the honey she starts to recite a strange string of letters into words that sound as gibberish. The muttering she does is quick and to the point but appears to have purpose and a beconing to it as if commanding the presense of something show up to aid her.
Before Nina in the mirror world a small green pixie dressed in leaves and carrying a sharpened wooden coffee straw spear appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a tiny blue winged pixie clothed in leaves and carrying a large upholstery needle wraped on one end with twine for gripping securely appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a bitty little red pixie dressed in leaves and carrying a sharpened #2 pencil appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a pudgy little white pixie adorned in leaves and wielding a sharpened plastic restaurant sandwhich sword appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a discheveled little blond-ish pixie wrapped in Jedi like robes and wielding a twig as a staff appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a bright blue pixie with a very wide mouth and sharpened teeth appears.
Before Nina in the mirror world a pretty pink pixie with a wide brim cowboy hat and pink boots appears with a pink swizzle stick.

** GM Nina **
Please +roll perception

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 4 5 10 14

** GM Nina **
Nina is distracted and not rolling perception herself.

** GM Nina **
Cain notes:
From behind him out of an alley a rotodrone slips out of the shadows. Apparently the rotodrone above has repositioned itself and snuck up behind through the alleys and has now taken up a position about 4 meters above the ground. The LMG mounted below it is gently scanning left/right on Cain's van as if trying to lock on.. or maybe just scanning the van.

Cain shifts in the van, drawing his SMG into his lap as he eyes the drone hovering in front of him. After a moment, he shifts and covers Ninas body with his own… and begins to make out with her. Boy, what a show that is going to be!

«OOC» Nina says, "Assuming your windows are heavily tinted right?"
«OOC» Cain says, "Yup!"
«OOC» Cain says, "And its armored."
«OOC» Cain says, "Only 3, but its something."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 for "Nina Astral Perception":
1 1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 9 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Cain says, "And its HIDDEN armor"

Nina is astrally perceiving (required for conjuring watchers) and as Cain slides over and starts making out with her she stiffens… "Astral Combat!" she urgently utters and then projects out of her body.

In the astral the two fire elementals are coming at the van as well as an astrally projecting mage from the target van ahead… game is on!

** GM Nina **
+init

«Tracker» Nina has wiped the Initiative data. A new pass can now be entered.
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Cain's init to 12.
«OOC» Nina says, "forgot what my astral init is.. checking."
«OOC» Nina says, "INT + 20 + 1D6 (but I'm amped up)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 3 for "+31":
1 4 5
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Nina's init to 41.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+26 Nina's watcher army":
2
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Nina's Watchers's init to 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+23 Morpheus Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Morpehus's init to 25.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+24 Trinity Init":
3
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Trinity's init to 27.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+26 Evil Mage Init":
2
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Evil Mage's init to 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "+25 Fire 1 Init":
4
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Fire 1's init to 29.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "Fire 2 Init":
3
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Fire 2's init to 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2 for "+8 Rigger Init":
4 5
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Rigger's init to 17.
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Nina……………………… 41 31 21 11 1
Fire 1……………………. 29 19 9 — —
Evil Mage…………………. 28 18 8 — —
Fire 2……………………. 28 18 8 — —
Nina's Watchers……………. 28 18 8 — —
Trinity…………………… 27 17 7 — —
Morpehus………………….. 25 15 5 — —
Rigger……………………. 17 7 — — —
Cain……………………… 12 2 — — —


** GM Nina **
Nina's action

Nina commands the watchers, "Mage Attack!" and then her ally spirits menatally, "Elementals!". Herself.. she dashes out of the van and meets the evil mage face to face in the astral for combat.

** GM Nina **
The 2 fire elementals are half way from the sniper to the van. The evil mage is halfway from the target van to Cain's van.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 2 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 - 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 2 (minimum) KP: 36/37":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 8 = 13 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Mage Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 vs TN 8 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 + 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 8, KP: 0/10":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Mage Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 - 1 (successes) vs TN 8 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 + 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 8, KP: 1/10":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Mage Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 - 1 (successes) vs TN 8 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 + 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 8, KP: 3/10":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 9 = 1 Success

«OOC» Cain says, "He has two friends, his fire elementals, yeah?"
«OOC» Nina says, "The fire elementals are not close enough.. I don't get M or T in my friends in melee either though."
«OOC» Cain says, "Gotcha!"
«OOC» Nina says, "We can count them if you want though.. couuld make the fight more fun."
«OOC» Cain says, "Nah, just means we'd count M and T"
«OOC» Nina says, "true."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Mage Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 - 2 (successes) vs TN 8 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 + 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 8, KP: 6/10":
2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Mage Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 6 - 3 (successes) vs TN 8 for "Astral Combat, TN 4 + 4(Max Friends in combat) TN 8, KP: 10/10":
2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Nina's attack: 13 successes
Evil Defends: 3 successes
Nina: 10 net successes
Base Damage of Nina Attack: 11M (Charisma M)
11M -> 11S -> 11D -> 11D+ -> 11D++ -> 11D+++ -> 11D++++

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 (Evil Willpower) vs TN 11 for "Resiting Crazed Nina attack. KP: 10/10":
1 3 3 3 4 7 = 0 Successes

Nina rushes out of the van with the flock of watcher spirit pixies swarming all around her like a swarm of giant gnats darting left and right and all over as she meets in the astral between both vans with the enemy mage. The two grapple and a flux of blue and green energies meet in the astral world. Power vibrates around the both of them and those attuned to 'the force' can feel a great disturbance for many miles. The watcher spirits flock about in suport, pass between the faces of Nina and the mage and distract, bite and poke at the mage while Nina reaches her astral fist into the mage's chest, grabs ahold.. squeezes.. and then pulls out a glowing green ghostly form from inside the ghostly astral form.. his soul… she squeezes it and then throws it to the ground with extreame force and an astral shockwave erupts like a boulder thrown into a pond, spreading out away from where Nina has just ended the life of the mage hired to recapture the asian girls.

Fire 1 rushes forward.. about 10 meters from Nina and the watchers now.

Fire 2 is beside his companion….

Wait.. their master was just destroyed.. what shall we do?…

** GM Nina **
Both elementals are now "uncontroleld" +rolling Force of Fire elementals vs Tn 6. If success, it flees to its' home plane.gm +rolling Force of Fire elementals vs Tn 6. If success, it flees to its' home plane.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Fire 1":
2 2 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Fire 2":
1 3 4 4 7 = 1 Success

Fire elemental (2) departs to the plane of fire.

** GM Nina **
Now.. determing what Fire 1 decides to do. He's uncontrolled. Does he avenge his master? Does he flee area as random collateral damage?

«OOC» Nina says, "You have any input?"
«OOC» Nina says, "Like.. OOC GM advice on the +roll? :)"
«OOC» Cain says, "Nope, that looks good to me. I think an uncontrolled fire elemental is gonna run the fuck away from someone that just smoked his master :P"
«OOC» Nina says, "true dat"

Logic and self preserviation dictates…. The Fire elemental that remains here on Earth… turns and bolts. Someone with enough power to just innialiate it's powerful master was just destroyed before its eyes…. it will go find some other place to see revenge upon this Earthly world it's previous master made it work in.

M & T inform (though Nina can see) that one elemental left the astral.. the other is fleeing.

The rigger's internal van camera notes that the mage in the passengers seat just spit up blood, twitched.. and blood is now seeping out his eyes as he stops breathing.

** GM Nina **
Cain's action

«OOC» Cain says, "I know I can cast spells through tinted glass, so long as I have line of sight. can I cast lazer through a tinted glass window?"

** GM Nina **
Yes.. but it being an actual "light".. and a tinted window.. makes since to reduce the damage of the spell? Say.. 1 rating? F6 would only do F5 damage? Sound fair?

«OOC» Cain says, "Sounds good! I'm lazering the rotodrone"

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + 12 (power foci) vs TN 5 for " Base 4+1BG count, F6 Laser at S stun code treated as F5 for damage":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 10 10 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + 12 (power foci) - 7 vs TN 5 for " Base 4+1BG count, F6 Laser at S stun code treated as F5 for damage KP 1/5":
1 2 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for " Soaking an R6 laser, 8 successes":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 - 6 vs TN 4 for " Soaking an R6 laser, 8 successes kp 2/5":
2 2 2 3 4 4 7 10 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Cain says, "9 successes on the attack, full soak, S damage base"
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for " Don't forget the centering":
1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Cain says, "Okay, forget the centering"

Cain stops making out with Nina at her words, pulling off at her as he spins his wrist, stirring the mercury in his ring. He punches the windows, chanting in latin as he blasts light from his hand towards the Rotodrone, intent on searing it clean out of existence.

** GM Nina **
Cain's F6 laser: 9 successes
Base damage: 6S - 1(tinted) = 5S
Stage up: 5S -> 5D -> 5D++ -> 5D+++ -> 5D++++

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Rigger dodging ray of light, KP: 0/10":
2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 11 14 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 - 7 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Rigger dodging ray of light, KP: 1/10":
1 2 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 - 7 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Rigger dodging ray of light, KP: 3/10":
2 2 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 - 7 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Rigger dodging ray of light, KP: 6/10":
1 4 5 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Nina says, "burning up lots of KP"

** GM Nina **
Equal successes.. he needs +1 success, tie goes to attacker.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 5 - 9 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Rigger dodging ray of light, KP: 10/10":
1 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Rigger used up all KP to get 9 successes
Rotodrone has to soak 5S damage

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2 vs TN 5 for "Roto Soaking 5S":
4 5 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
Rotodrone takes 5 Serious damage

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + Control Pool: 3 vs TN 7 for "Rigger trying to keep the drone from crashing.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 5 8 = 1 Success

As the beam of light erupts from Cains fist through the window, the slippery drone almost manages to get away from it. But in the end, Cains is too wide and it blasts the drone sharply, metling some important parts and destroying the most important thing; the weapon.

The rigger commands the van to flee to evacuation point B and it starts to race off on autopilot. Himself.. he's fixated on trying to pilot his massively damaged drone back into the alley for cover.. and try and meet up with the van if he can at the rendevous point to recover his screwed up drone.. damn.. that laser that shot him really F**Ked him up.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Rigger dealing with brain backlash while jacked in and taking the laser hit.":
1 2 5 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Rigger has taken Moderate stun.

«OOC» Cain says, "you know who we forgot? The sniper"

** GM Nina **
Dang.. okay.. sniper moves now

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2 for "+8 Sniper Init":
2 9
«Init Tracker» Nina (#6503) has set Sniper's init to 16.

The sniper can't see through Cain's van windows for a target.. he can't see the combat going on in the astral.. but he does see a ray of red light from the back of Cain's van blast the shit out of his buddies rotodrone and hear the scream of pain from the rigger over the comlink… He targets the front grill of Cain's van to try and disable the vehicle.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 3 for "Range 4(short) - 2(smartlink) -1(aimed shot) +2 (called shot) KP: 0/10":
1 2 2 2 5 5 8 9 11 11 11 11 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 - 8 (successes) vs TN 3 for "Range 4(short) - 2(smartlink) -1(aimed shot) +2 (called shot) KP: 1/10":
1 2 2 15 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
Sniper shot: Ranger Arms SM-3, 14S base (AV Ammo) (his mission was to disable the transport vehicle the girls would be coming out of the warehouse in).
9 successes
KP: 1/10
Ammo 4/5

** GM Nina **
Base Damage: 14S - 1 (1/2 van armor) = 13S
13S + 9 successes: 13D+++
Van Body dice vs TN 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls 4 vs TN 13:
1 1 1 2 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
The sniper targets the engine of Cain's van, takes aim, adjusts for windage and distance.. squeezes the trigger.. BAM!

The anti-vehicular round travels down range with a supersonic crack and splices through the front grill, the hidden barrier of armor and into the block of the engine. The block of the engine is cracked, oil and fluids flood out onto the ground below.. the cam shaft is bent from the impact of the round and then the round comes out the other side of the engine and takes out the alternator and air conditioning compressor.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
============================> Initiative Listing <=============================
Combatant Name…………….. P1(B) P2(-10) P3(-20) P4(-30) P5(-40)
Nina……………………… 41 31 21 11 1
Nina's Watchers……………. 28 18 8 — —
Trinity…………………… 27 17 7 — —
Morpehus………………….. 25 15 5 — —
Rigger……………………. 17 7 — — —
Sniper……………………. 16 6 — — —
Cain……………………… 12 2 — — —


Nina scans the astral, sees the van driving away.. she commands her crew, "Materialize on the sniper and take him out." With that.. she races in the astral to the sniper to oversee the task.

Nina's watcher spirits start to ghost form around the sniper to obstruct his view.. sitting on his gun, his scope, buzzing around his head… just a visual annoyance.. .no phyiscal tangible bodies.

Behind the sniper.. while the guy is being distracted, Trinity starts to materilaize into her physical form.

Behind the sniper.. while the guy is being distracted, Morpheus starts to materilaize into his physical form.

The rigger is confused and dazzed.. he's trying to fly his rotodrone back down the alley.. it's out of view now but the rigger is in full retreat mode… the van is driving off on its own.

The sniper snarls and yells into his commlink, "spirits up here.. get up here and give me astral cover! Damn little winged demons!" and he swats at them to get them out of his way so he can see to get a shot again.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "Odd Nina, even Cain":
7
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 12 for "TN 4(range) + 8(blind fire) - 2(smartlink) (no aimed shot, distracted) + 2(distracted/visual) TN 12":
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 5 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 12 for "TN 4(range) + 8(blind fire) - 2(smartlink) (no aimed shot, distracted) + 2(distracted/visual) TN 12 KP: 2/10":
2 2 2 3 5 9 11 11 14 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 3 - 1 (success) vs TN 12 for "TN 4(range) + 8(blind fire) - 2(smartlink) (no aimed shot, distracted) + 2(distracted/visual) TN 12 KP: 4/10":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 3 - 1 (success) vs TN 12 for "TN 4(range) + 8(blind fire) - 2(smartlink) (no aimed shot, distracted) + 2(distracted/visual) TN 12 KP: 7/10":
2 2 2 2 3 5 5 11 = 0 Successes

** GM Nina **
Sniper shot: 1 success
Base Damage: 14S -1(1/2 vehicle armor) = 13S
Nina: 13S -5(armor jacket) = 8S to Soak

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4 + 3 (KP) vs TN 8 for "Nina Soaking 8S, KP: 30/37":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4 + 3 (KP) - 2 (successes) vs TN 8 for "Nina Soaking 8S, KP: 31/37":
1 1 2 3 3 5 7 9 11 = 2 Successes

** GM Nina **
Result: Nina uses 6 KP for +3 dice and 1 KP to reroll. Brings it down to light. Trauma dampner converts light physical to light stun.
Nina: +1 TN's from stun.

«OOC» Nina says, "Going with that.. humbling to take actual injury and great rp"
«OOC» Cain says, "… In hbindsight, don't T and Morpheus both go before him?"
«OOC» Cain says, "Or do they spend an action to materialize?"
«OOC» Nina says, "They have to spend the remainder of the whole turn.. materializing. Something Tindalos taught me"
«OOC» Cain says, "Gotcha! Cain isn't going to erase the vehicle. He is gonna blast the sniper."

The sniper hisses at the distracting watcher spirits and tries his best to get off a shot… drivers seat.. passenger's seat.. hmmm.. passenger! Likely the mage causing these spirits on me… should be about right … here… squeeze trigger. BAM!!

The AV round races to the van, through the armored window and into Nina. Nina's jacket though absorbs more of the impact and her body flinches from the bullet hitting her in the chest right over her heart.

Did Nina just get killed!!

The window of Cain's vehicle now has a hole in it.. as does Nina's armored jacket.

** GM Nina **
Cain's action

«OOC» Nina says, "partial cover"

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + 12 (PowerFocus) vs TN 7 for " Base 4+1BG count, +4 partial cover. Guess who ran out of combat dice? DAT GUY! F6 Laser, cast at D damage.":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + 12 (PowerFocus) - 3 vs TN 7 for " Base 4+1BG count, +4 partial cover. Guess who ran out of combat dice? DAT GUY! F6 Laser, cast at D damage. KP 3/5":
1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 8 9 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "You're right.. he did run out of CP. :)"

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Soaking a D+, need 10 successes.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 - 6 vs TN 4 for "Soaking a D+, need 10 successes. KP 4/5":
1 4 4 5 5 9 16 23 = 7 Successes

«Plot» Cain says, "6 successes on a F6 D laser, soaking at F5 through window. Full soak"
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + 1 (KP) vs TN 5 for "5D+++ Soak, KP: 8/10":
1 1 1 5 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 + 1 (KP) - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "5D+++ Soak, KP: 9/10":
1 3 5 = 1 Success

** GM Nina **
5D+++ - 4 successes = 5D+
Seared and Krispy

"Nina!" Cain yells when the bullet zips through the armored window and hits her. He grits his teeth, punching the window as he doesn't chant this time. It didn't help last time. A ray of light fires from his hand, eradicating the sniper, and the edge of the building he was using as cover as Cain leaves nothing but a scorched mark on the roof where he used to be laying as the laser soars off before dissipitating into space. Then Cain is pulling himself over to Nina, trying to check for blood under her armor.

** GM Nina **
Free RP

Nina witnesses the spell just miss her and destroy the sniper.. it also kills one of her watcher spirits. The sniper is utterly vanquished and she shutters.. two face to face deaths she's witnessed in less than a minute. She looks around.. adrenaline racing… what's that sluggish feeling.. a cramp in her chest?… she heads back to her body to see what's going on.

Cain has his hand under Ninas armor when she returns, feeling where the bullet bruised the hell out of her ribs, but failed to penetrate her skin. He is wearing a look of relief by the time she gets back to her body.

Nina blinks her eyes awake and then slowly she looks a bit confused, "Ouch…" she says slowly as she looks down then and spies Cain's hand in his shirt and under her jacket. She looks a bit confused but then spots the huge bullet hole in the windshield, "Holy cripes!" and she squirms a bit but doesn't try and get out of the way.

"Yeah. You got shot. You are alright though." Cain says, relief obvious in his voice as he gives Nina a kiss on the cheek. "Next time, your ass lays the hell down in the back before you go out. I can't keep you safe that well from in here."

Nina nods eagerly at his demands, happy to not be spurting out blood from the looks of the size of that bullet hole in the window. She winces at the pain of discomfort but her eyes are staring at the bulllet hole in the armored glass.. a bit stunned.

The van makes a turn at the intersection and is now out of view.

** GM Nina **
The smell of hot oil and coolant can be smelled.

"Okay. The vans fucked, love. He shot out the engine." Cain explains. "So its time to grab our shit, and get out of here. We should move before they have a chance to reorganize. We can always come back later.'

Nina nods to Cain's wisdom, 'Okay.. yeah.. alright," he hands are moving towards her backpack on the floor between her knees, "That makes sense… A couple sniper shots.. cops are probably going to be called maybe? We can get out of here with the transporation vehicle the girls are in and ride with them to the train yard right? Crap.. you think the cops will mess with your van if it's left here?"

"Probably." Cain says with a sigh. "You got someone to call who can come tow it before they get here? Make it seem official?" He glances around. "Hell, we can just say we don't know why it was shot up. No casings in the vehicle." He msues.

Nina unfastens her seatbelt, 'I like the idea of that.. I'll have Tony send for a tow truck… crap.. if it's fragged up.. maybe he has a mechanic that can get it back up in running order again for us. I'll send him a txt and get his guys on the way to pick it up. I think you're right about the law.. no blood in here.. perhaps we can play it off as some random crackpot with a rifle… a domestic terrorist… assuming we even get questioned?"

"Sounds like a plan. Here. I'll put the plates back to the legal ones. It'll be less suspicious." He mutters, changing the transponder over before getting out. "Alright. Now that the funs over, lets get this over with."

** GM Nina **
The danger of the mission is over.. the hired shadowrunner team has been neutralized. The mage killed, the military sniper killed.. the rigger injured and fled. Cain and Nina escort the ladies to the train yard… Cain's van is picked up by "Vinny's towing company" and taken to Tony Marchino's auto body/chop shop where it is worked on over the next four days to drop in a new engine and put in a new front window.

------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Sun Apr 17 12:21:41 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License