Lazy Sunday

GM: Wraith
Players: Mr. Terrific, Vegas, Daniel, BillyBob.
Synopsis: An accountant tries to blackmail his way to a cushy retirement on the back of Ares' unsavoury business practices. The team are hired to take care of the problem. After dealing with his boobytrapped house, the trials of Denver on a Sunday, some ritual sorcery and a high-level spirit they are able to use magic to secure his silence and successfully complete the mission.
Date: 10/17/2076


It's a lazy Sunday in Denver. People are sleeping in, having a well-deserved rest after a long week of work. Well. Most people are. In fact, quite a lot of people in the dark and depressing cyberpunk future have to work every day. Some, like Shadowrunners, work when they are told there is work - and today is one of those days.

The runners have heard about this through the usual network of surreptitious contacts; the meet is in the Red Rock Diner, known and beloved throughout the CAS sector for its hearty breakfasts and kitsch decor. All they were told is a time and the words 'grey hat'.

Assuming they arrive on time, that is all they need. One of the tables at the back has a human man, fifties, in dark grey suit with a grey hat, a plate of pancakes, and a mug of hot black coffee. Sat next to him is an elf with a somewhat vacant expression, a matching plate of pancakes (largely untouched) and bright red eyes. If any pair ever said 'Johnson and Bodyguard' it is these two.

Given who else has been invited, quite what Wraith would be expected to /do/ in case he needed a bodyguard is another question, but, lets not dwell on that right now.

You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Toss me a perception check for your ally spirit.'.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Sure I'll take one of those too."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "Perception roll for eyes in the sky":
5 5 5 10 11 13
«Plot» Wraith says, "As well as the thing I paged rather than plotted."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Divining + 12 for "Divination (at home with focus) to check on attack-at-meet":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 9
Vegas frequents the Red Rock from time to time and is quite familiar with the region and the denizens. He meanders in a short time before the meet and gets some coffee. He's squat and built broad like most dwarves, wearing a "long" coat and hat that makes him look like a pulp era detective in 2/3 scale.
BillyBob is a rigger at home in the CAS sector. He rolls up to the Red Rock and parks his food truck outside, then spits the remainder of his chewing tobacco in a wad on the pavement. In he swaggers with a thick Carhart jacket over his overalls.
You paged Mr.Terrific with 'Your divination shows no sign of danger. Your ally spirit does spot a guy sat in a van outside positioned such that he can see the table; he's not got any obvious weapons on him, and a quick assense shows he is bored out of his mind.'.
You paged BillyBob with 'I can try to work around it, especially with stuff like drones, but MIJI/counter rigger/etc isn't going to be a thing :P'.
Mr.Terrific does communicate with his ally spirit about the backup guard in the van. After a quick astral check of his boredom level Mr. T calls it confirmed as 'backup security' as opposed to 'alpha squad in van'. And heads in.
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Sorcery + 1 (totem) + Spell Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "F4 Physical mask of DISGUISE":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 11 23 27 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Sorcery + 1 (totem) + Spell Pool: 5 - 6 (successes) vs TN 4 for "F4 Physical mask of DISGUISE, kp 1":
1 4 5 5 8 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 2 vs TN 3 for "Resist 3m stun":
2 2 3 3 4 4 5 8 = 6 Successes

Work is to be had! Daniel tosses on a nice little magical disguise and drives on over to the Red Rock, arriving juuuust before the scheduled meet time. Not looking like his normal amerind self, but instead as a german scholarly sort with a super-sterotypical duster covered with spiritual and arcane symbols. "Good day."

Once the runners have made their way into the diner and - hopefully - noticed the one man wearing a grey hat at the back of the place, he'll pull a slender device from his pocket; a white noise generator, which he affixes to the side of the table and activates.

Then, he looks to each of the individuals in turn. "Gentlemen." He says, nodding to the booth where there should, just about, be room to squeeze in - with one likely needing to sit next to Wraith, who is now poking absently at her pancakes.

"Before we get down to business, may I offer to buy you all breakfast? It really is the least I can do for dragging you all here. No obligation, of course." He smiles, and it is all dazzling white teeth; the finest that money can buy.

Mr.Terrific will trust his divinations and indicate his assent; something heavy on the protein for him. "As you would - I like the ham scramble." One thing Mr. T, who keeps kosher, can rely on is that it's not really ham But An Incredible Soy Simulation! "And the earl grey to go with it."

BillyBob sits down at the booth and, after feathering his mullet, ordres the Grand Slam. "How bout we git down to biz omae?"
Vegas spots T and meanders over with his cup of coffee. A moment's undignified clambering sees him into a seat and from there he orders the "steak" and eggs breakfast to keep his coffee company. While he'll accept fake steak and eggs the coffee's the real deal. No soykaf here. Hearing BB's question he doesn't feel the need to add anything at the moment. By the way he clutches the coffee, it may be deduced that he's not precisely a morning halfperson.

"Of course." The Johnson waves, and a waitress approaches, takes the orders, and then bustles on back. What follows may be agony for the impatient, as he insists on making smalltalk until the breakfasts arrive. Three whole minutes of kitchen magic later…

And when the waitress is back out of earshot, then he clears his throat. "It is a simple matter." He says, in the way of lying Johnsons everywhere. "We have received word that one of our employees intends to share details of our transactions here in Denver with the press. This would be, embarrassing, for us. We would like you to track him down and ensure that he is no longer in a position to do so."

Mr.Terrific says, "Are you asking for wet work, or memory wiping? Does he have the data in cyber or hardcopy, or do you know?"

A shrug from the Johnson. "If you are confident in your skills, feel free to wipe his memory." Wraith turns her head to stare at the Johnson for a moment, and then turns her attention back to her pancakes…

"As to the nature of the data, I presume he has an electronic backup, a hardcopy, and a failsafe in the event of his death. He was not an idiot. Ensuring that the failsafe is neutralised will be part of the operation."

Vegas fills his mouth with coffee instead of words, considering the questions being asked at the moment, he gives T a hard stare at the mention of memory wiping.

Mr.Terrific wears a smile. Ah, a challenge! What a delight. It already gets the gears a-turning in his head, bastard mind-controller that he is. In fact, the greatest danger in this run may well be not getting shot by Vegas.

BillyBob drums his fingers on the tabletop. The skinny and short rigger asks, "Yah so, where he at?"

"If I knew that." The Johnson says, "We would not be having this conversation."

A pause to sip from his own coffee, and then he is all smiles again. "There are some leads. We believe we know which journalist he intends to contact. She flew in to Denver last night under an alias she believes is uncompromised. We have his home address, of course, and can provide a key. We found nothing, but individuals of your… talents… may have more luck."

Wraith spears a piece of pancake and puts it in her mouth. She chews it, and swallows.

Mr.Terrific says, "We could put someone on the journalist, try to prevent the meet and the handoff; while seeing if we can track down the fellow. Extract from him the details on his backups and so forth."

The Johnson raises his hand. "How you handle the job." He says, "Is entirely up to you. I trust that you are all professionals and will succeed admirably. The fewer details I know, the better. However. I wish to be clear on two things. Firstly, the pay is twenty thousand nuyen per head. Secondly, whilst I am willing to provide half up front, if this data leaks, I will expect it to be returned. Your fee will be rolled over into our information suppression account, if you fail."

He makes sure he meets the eye of each runner, other than Wraith, in turn. "Are we agreed?"

BillyBob grunts. His Grand Slam finally arrives! He eats a piece of bacon from the plate and says, "Where dat journalist at? Maybe I can tail her wit' my drones." A pause. "Oh ya you'll gitcher money back fer sure omae."

Mr.Terrific says "That sounds fine by me. I don't usually require frontage of this sort, but if we expect expenses, there it is."

Vegas considers for a moment then gives a shrug, "Yeah, sounds good."

Ever the Shaman, Daniel slips in and out of fully paying attention to everything… until the french toast stack he tells the Johnson about arrives. Then, his attention focuses there. Still… enough attention is paid that he can provide commentary and questions when the time comes. "The journalist may be the better option," he agrees, pausing to sip some soy milk. "Impersonation of the Journalist may be the easiest option. Grab the informant when they are to meet." He presumes they are to meet. So say the spirits, or something. "Yes, this is agreeable. You will be reimbursed if the task falls through."

"Wonderful." The Johnson says, giving a nod. He produces, with a flick of his wrist, a small chip. "This has my contact information, should you need it." He says, "It also has the exact addresses. The journalist is going by the alias Sarah Godo, currently staying in the LoPro Motel near Denver Airport. One of the non-coffin rooms. The target is Christoph Rustolin, his address is in there and is in the CAS sector. A relatively nice, quiet area."

A pause, and then he nods his head, "If there is nothing else, gentlemen, I will leave you to enjoy your breakfast and discuss your approach."

Mr.Terrific , with a mental command, sends his ally spirit to the LoPro Motel to see if it is Warded. The Airport is high security, but depending on the dinkiness of the motel and how far away it is, it could be low enough security to not maintain continual Wards, especially if it's just coffin-wise. "Let's hit Rustolin's address and see what we can find. I'm sent my ally to the motel for now."

BillyBob grunts. "Let's all get on an encrypted comm frequency. Uh. I got a surveillance drone or two dat can watch her hotel, but if yous got a spirit, tell me wut it sees."

Mr.Terrific is only too happy to get on the right comms. "I'll let you all know. Drive to the house?"

Vegas finishes his meal and hms, "Yeah I'd like to get a look at the place. Though I'm not sure what I'll provide that your spirits and drones won't spot already."

BillyBob leaves his GRAND SLAM on the table and hustles back out to his food truck, inviting anyone who wants aboard to come along. Then it's a quick drive to the CAS neighborhood where this soon-to-be-lobotomized whistleblower's house. He does a quick scan of the place.

BillyBob leaves his GRAND SLAM on the table and hustles back out to his food truck, inviting anyone who wants aboard to come along. Then it's a quick drive to the CAS neighborhood where this soon-to-be-lobotomized whistleblower's house. He does a quick scan of the place.
Mr.Terrific does the magical-wise outside scan, for wards and cameras and people and watchers and like, is the guy hiding in the bushes.

The Johnson stands, tucking his white noise generator back into his pocket as he goes, and Wraith has to shimmy out of the booth to let him past. When he's gone, she stays standing.

"Just as a note." She says, in a bland, empty voice. "I am unlikely to pass muster as a journalist, if that is … part of your plan."

«Plot» Wraith says, "Rightio gentlefolk. Perception/sensors/assensing checks - and one for your ally too, Terrific!"

«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Intelligence + 3 for " Sensor sweep of target's house":
1 1 2 3 4 5 7 10 13
«Plot» Wraith says, "At the location; BillyBob has shot ahead to the house so… we'll take it from there."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls 6 for "ally spirit looking for journalist at Motel":
1 2 3 4 4 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2:
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 9 9 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Intelligence for "Mr. Terrific doing magical security and general looking stuff at target's house":
2 2 5 5 7 9
The house really is quite nice. Middle management level, quiet suburbia - or as close as one gets in the Denver Metroplex. Two stories, detached, in a respectable neighbourhood. En route, they see a patrol car, even!
You paged Mr.Terrific with 'You spot a watcher spirit within the house. Just a small one, bumbling about, being a watcher spirit. There are no wards at the motel or at the house.'.
You paged BillyBob with 'You reckon you're picking up slightly more electronic noise than you'd guess; the place is probably bugged.'.
You paged Vegas with 'You spot a wire across one of the downstairs windows and the front door; the building has probably been booby trapped.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 4 4 5 5 5 8
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Tripwires. »
«Plot» Vegas says, " I'd like to use Magic Sense to see what's active in the building, out of line of sight."
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Watcher spirit in the house. Probably set to send a message if something happens. If I Banish it, that should stop it from either sending a message or informing its owner if something goes wrong. Let me know if I can go on that; when you are ready. »
BillyBob stops the food truck outside the house, deploying a bee drone to go peek in the windows. Rigged in, he sees a great deal of flux coming from the small proper home. «Lottsa noise in dat place. Probably bugged… by the target or the J, I dunno which.»

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Magic Sense":
1 1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 8 11 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence for "Astral perception, +2 cause sustained spell.":
2 3 4 4 4 5 8

You paged Vegas with 'There's a watcher spirit in there! Bumbling around, being a watcher spirit. Quite low force.'.
You paged Daniel with 'There's a watcher spirit in there! Bumbling around, being a watcher spirit. Quite low force.'.
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Can you disable the wires? »

«OOC» BillyBob doesn't actually know how to go about disabling a 'bug', hrm.
«OOC» Wraith says, "Disabling the bug would be electronics warfare with a jammer, or finding and crushing the bug. Disabling the tripwires will be 'a relevant B/R skill'. I'll allow demolitions or electronics off the top of my head."

BillyBob pages: Does my bee drone see anything inside the windows?
You paged BillyBob with 'Not really. Its a home! Very clean and well-kept by the look of it.'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086)'s Bug Scanner + White Noise (#5243) has the Voucher Item 2 White Noise Generator - R12 with the following information:
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
====================> Item 2 on Bug Scanner + White Noise <====================
Item Name: White Noise Generator - R12
Item Type: ITEM
Quantity: 1
Fractional OK: No
Clonable: No
Players Can Link: No
Created For: Alice (#10746)
Created By: Whiskers (#165)
IC Location: Carried
-----> GM Notes for Item <-----


Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « So. I have the skills the handle the watcher. Who has the skills to stop the tripwires, who can handle the door and the opening, and have you found the bugs yet? »
«Plot» Vegas says, "What other potential entrances are there? Other windows? Convenient basement door? Cheerful Holiday Style Chimney?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "You'll need to be inside to get the exact bug location. There are second story windows which don't /seem/ to have the same wires from down here, but no chimney."

«Plot» Vegas says, "What're the walls?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Looks like standard brick!"

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And the house, is it Warded? Just to be sure."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Nope, no wards, just the Watcher."

Vegas hms over at T, "Mind floating me up to the second floor so I can take a look at the locks and such there? Few people are crafty enough to lock second floor windows against flying dwarves."

Mr.Terrific says "Sounds like a plan. Let me wipe the Watcher, then put the Levitate on you, you sneak up and I assist the climb."

Wraith shrugs her shoulders vaguely. "I will keep a lookout." She says, with all the enthusiasm of a wet blanket.

Vegas nods and tosses his hat and coat off and pulls from an inner pocket a shimmering fold of silvery fabric. A few adjustments and he turns the cloak on, giving it a moment to adjust to the surroundings as Mr.T does his thing.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Go for the rolls that man! It is force 3."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "background count?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "This is a nice, quiet neighbourhood. No BG here."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Conjuring vs TN 3 for "to banish that spirit. It goes against Mr. T's magic rating, which is 12.":
2 3 3 4 4 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3 vs TN 12 for "I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO GIVE":
1 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "Splort."

Mr.Terrific simply extends both hands as if surrounding something, and then squishes them carefully together like he's making those little fart noises. Except the only sound is astral screaming, cut painfully short. Anyway. An upraised hand to put the levitate on Vegas.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery vs TN 4 for "levitate f6":
1 1 2 3 5 5 5 7 7 15 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "against 5m with trauma damper":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 8 11 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No drain, 6 successes, I could throw him like a slingshot. But now he can sneak, sneak like the demons of hell were after him!"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Oh, wait, invisibility."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Stealth + 2:
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 9 10 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 5 vs TN 6 for "4m drain +2 from sustaining, trauma damper":
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Vegas says, "Ruth 12(8), Auditory +4TN"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And no drain. so a 2 success imp invis f6 on Vegas, which will keep all cameras from seeing him, and maybe a few humans."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, make sure to pose that Terrific is lifting you veeeeeeerry sloooowly."
Daniel watches all the planning and discussing, and nods. "I will help with the lookout, and call on the spirits in case we are in need of help for a quick escape," he says. While the others get to it, he begins to chant in Latin, of all things.

«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3 vs TN 6 for "Mystery Roll":
2 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 vs TN 25 for "Nosy neighbours. Really?":
2 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Daniel conjures a F4 City Spirit for the lolz.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Houses are double glazed so the only possible way to notice would be 'that window way up there seems to be vaguely jiggling'. It did not happen."

Vegas feels the shift in his gut as gravity is made more optional than real and slips out of the van as best he can without making a sound. He moves across the lawn and comms for T to lift him. He focuses on the windows as they come into view, the dwarf specifically looking for any physical traps.

«Plot» Wraith says, "Roll away Danny."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 3 for "Reduce penalty, base 4, +2 sustain, -3 grade":
1 1 2 16 = 1 Success
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, another perception test Vegas."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2:
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Karma 1":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 9 11 11 11
«Plot» Wraith says, "There's no tripwire, but the window does have a standard deadlock; shouldn't be too difficult to force (opposed strength)."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Or you can glasscutter your way in or… any other way to deal with a window."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering - 1 (success) vs TN 3 for "Reduce penalty, base 4, +2 sustain, -3 grade, kp 1 (2 total)":
3 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Vegas says, "Also, is the window warded?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Its morning and partly cloudly. You reckon you could force it pretty easily. There are no wards on the building. :)"

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (Totem) vs TN 4 for "F4 City Spirit?":
2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
You paged Daniel with 'Your city spirit is 'suburbia flavoured', go nuts. :P'.

«Plot» Vegas says, "Do I think I could guess where the bolt is through the window and use the tool laser to just sever it?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Charisma vs TN 6 for "Resist 4M drain, +2 sustaining ow. kp 1 (4 total)":
1 1 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Wraith says, "Yup, easily."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Charisma - 1 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "Resist 4M drain, +2 sustaining ow. kp 4 (6 total)":
2 3 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Daniel says, "7 services, L stun, wheeee."
«Plot» Wraith says, "I won't make you roll for that; the laser burns through barrier rating 10 so the only question is how neat and tidy you make the cut. We'll assume you're fine as you're competent. :)"
«Plot» Vegas says, "Alright, then a quick hit of the tool laser to cut the lock and then one more check for any wires or sensors on the window itself before gently sliding it up"
«Plot» Vegas says, "I'll also look around to make sure there's no lookie loos to spot a window opening by ghost power alone"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2:
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Karma 2 = Seriously, the hell are these 5s coming from?":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 9
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Window's clear, going to cut the lock and slip in. If we need to we can float folks up one at a time if you're up for that, T. »
You paged Vegas with 'There's a woman in the back garden of the next house over, tapping away at a pocsec and generally looking quite unaware of the world. She clearly hasn't seen anything yet.'.
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Make it safe first, report in, be careful. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « There's a collateral damage in the back garden of the next building over, she's not aware yet. Her privet looks like shit. »
Mr.Terrific holds up spells, like a bawss.
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Acknowledged. »
«Plot» Vegas says, "What's the room this window leads into?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "It is a bedroom! Probably a guest bedroom judging by how neat and tidy everything is. There's no additional security measures. The lights are off."
«Plot» Vegas will make the cut, open the window, and then use the bug scanner before moving into the room.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Sounds good!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls 12 for "Bug Scanner R12":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 4 5 8 10 13
Vegas is glad for belt loops under his ruth cloak. Trying to remain upright and not list while floating takes some practice but he slips out his tool laser and, giving the room beyond the window a hairy eyeball, and judging the hedges next door, makes a quick cut of the window's bar and then waits a second as he stows the laser. Hearing no alarms or gun fire he slowly starts to raise the window. Once it's partway open he pulls a bug scanner out and lets it do a sweep of the guest room while he listens intently. People rarely are understanding of surprise dwarves. Barring anything unforseen he raises the window enough to slip in, but he doesn't let himself touch the ground until he has a good look around for any convenient landmines or other floor traps.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 vs TN 25 for "She's reading 5027 Shades of Grey.":
4 5 5 9 = 0 Successes

The neighbour remains blissfully unaware of the high-wire invisidwarf acrobatics going on above her head.
Inside the guest bedroom, the bug scanner is silent. There's a hallway, though, which leads to a bathroom, a master bedroom (… just as well-maintained as the guest bedroom, creepy…) and only enough belongings to indicate one person lives in this large house.

Then there are the stairs down, and at the bottom of that, the front door. The tripwire. The claymore mine.
BillyBob remains in the food truck waiting, watching with his bee drone via the captain's chair rigging mode. The sensors on his food truck just keep scanning.
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « This guy has wonderful taste in decorations. The front door has a claymore mine. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « We know which side of the Trick vs. Treat debate he's on. »
Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « Whatta dick! Earned dat lobotomy no doubt. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Classy. When you check the restroom, see if he left any, like, hair, nail clippings, stuff like that. Otherwise, you know what to do. »
Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « He leave any electronics behind? Pocsec, computer, deck? Dey always forget somethin'. »
IN THE FOODTRUCK, Daniel does hit Latin chanting, and in the air next to him materializes a spirit. No bigger than 150 cm, and wearing an… excersize suit? It even has a little fake biomonitor, to track excersize. Oh suburbia, you have the weirdest spirits. He greets it in German, or all things, and it materializes to lazily sit on the seat next to him. OUTSIDE, the vehicle looks a little less conspicuous (go go concealment power). "Are we selling ice cream to the neighborhood, perhaps?" he suggests.
Commlink-Stone> Daniel sends, « If not the restroom, perhaps a comb in his bedroom. »
Commlink-Stone> Daniel sends, « If not the restroom, perhaps a comb in his bedroom. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Alright. I'll sniff around for any stray hair or skin cells or handy jizz rags. Purely academic reasons for any of those. »
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay guys, perception from Vegas. Also another bug sweep when you get downstairs - spoiler alert, there are no bugs upstairs."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "Local Kids":
3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Casing The Joint":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5
«OOC» Vegas says, "OH COME ON"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Casing The Joint - Karma 3, ffs":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Casing The Joint - Karma 5, ffs":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2 for "Casing The Joint - Karma 8, ffs":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 8 11 11
«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls Intelligence for " Beeeeeees in the house":
2 2 3 4 5 5

Outside, a gang of neighbourhood kids wander past the food truck. "Damn, there's nowhere around here to get a bite to eat." Says one, "I know, it sucks. I'm so hungry." Says the other.

Inside the truck, Daniel's spirit chuckles.

Inside the house, it soon becomes very clear to Vegas that this place hasn't just been home to a neat freak; someone has forensically cleaned the place of every last scrap of skin, fleck of spit, strand of hair that they possibly could.

Even their efforts aren't perfect, however, and he does finally find, lost behind the back of the bed, a sock which may well have some tiny skin flakes left on it. Not anything else, thankfully. Just the skin flakes.

The bee finds nothing.

Terrific maintains the spells like a boss.

Wraith stares blankly at Daniel. It is creepy.

«Plot» Vegas says, "Anything else? handy tech?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Not upstairs."
«Plot» Vegas says, "I shall meander downstairs and sweep again"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls 12 for "Bug Scanner":
1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 9 10 11 11
«Plot» Wraith says, "Downstairs windows have all been linked with claymores - yow, gonna have to watch your step. There's a bug in the telephone, which shows one new message, and in the tridscreen, and under the desk where there used to be an old school terminal but that has clearly been removed. They left the screen. Which is also bugged."
Vegas makes sure to turn on his white noise generator before preceding downstairs, he admires a man who knows what overkill is and embraces it. He relays all the goings on back to the folks in the van while trying not to channel some undersea explorer documentary.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls Ares Macrotechnology:
1 2 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls Security Systems:
1 1 3 3 5 13
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « They already searched his house computers and so forth. So you don't have to search those…. unless you think there is more. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « I should have seen the explosives coming. My apologies. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Do we wish to hear the message? »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « About fuckall I can do with computers. And I expected explosives. I'd be far more worried if he didn't have the place rigged to blow. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Going to pick them up? Because hey, free claymores. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « If you're actually reading my mind and not merely extrapolating based on what you know of me, I'm going to punish you for that. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « No line of sight - can't be reading your mind. Remember, I do have a psychology degree. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « I do not think they are his. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « But I also do not think Jones will object if you help yourself. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Considering how well he cleaned the place before his departure. I would guess he put it there to dissuade nosy people. Thankfully I'm a paranoid nosy person. »
Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « I dunno if the juice is worth da squeeze. Why don't ya git outta there, this guy ain't coming back. Money is on following dat reporter slitch to her meeting wit' him. »
Vegas will snip and carry out the claymores but first he looks over the telephone. Instead of turning it on or retrieving the message he just takes the phone whole and we can retreive the message when someone can disable the bug first.
Vegas sees no point in futzing with it and steals the whole phone. Then does the same for the claymores.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, give me a demolitions or default to electronics to disable the claymores - it will be easier to do it from behind."
«Plot» Wraith says, "(Bow chicka wow wow)"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, give me a demolitions or default to electronics to disable the claymores - it will be easier to do it from behind."
«Plot» Wraith says, "(Bow chicka wow wow)"
«OOC» Vegas says, "I'll be defaulting Demo, what's my base TN?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "4."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 vs TN 6 for "4 +4 (default) -2 (Cognition)":
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Vegas says, "Jesus my rolls are awful"
«OOC» Wraith says, "Good enough though."
Vegas checks the fridge for beer then finishes looting the place and returns to his guest room window to depart.

Soon enough, Vegas is back in the back of the food van with four claymore mines and a disconnected phone. Wraith stops staring at Daniel and starts staring at the explosives instead.

There is no beer in the fridge. There is a lot of mineral water. What a dweeb.
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « I come bearing gifts. »
Mr.Terrific releases the spells. "Yeah, you can't be leaving stuff like that around. What if the cops have to go in there, or the firemen? This is a residential area. Thanks." He immediately fixates on the old sock like a husky puppy.
Vegas offers the sock to T, "I hope it's just skin cells on here, but maybe there's something useful."
Mr.Terrific says, "Looks good," on the sock. "Now, I can either do a one-hour ritual - that won't work if our target is hiding behind a Ward. Or I can do a 9 hour ritual, which will punch through wards of Hemn rating 8 or less. In either case, Daniel is going to have to separate from his body and follow the link down the wire, and that usually takes an hour to two hours. That will give us the location. Assuming Daniel has that power - if he doesn't, I have to fetch my Ally spirit to do it.
Mr.Terrific says "Do we want to try the one hour first, or the nine?"
Vegas says, "Let's go somewhere not in the back of a truck and do the nine I think. Maybe check into the hotel down the street from the meet?"
«OOC» Vegas says, "that wasn't meant to be ooc"
BillyBob fires up the food truck. "Uh, we's in the CAS sector, I got a hideout down here we could use?"

Wraith looks from the explosives, to Terrific, and one can almost hear her thinking everything through. "Will you be out of contact through this period?" She asks. "Either way, we should get eyes on the journalist in case they make the exchange in that time."

«OOC» Daniel says, "Did we HR different traditions working together for rituals? Cause I don't think we can."
«OOC» BillyBob owns Rocky Mountain Air Taxi in the Denver Tech Center, we can do the ritual there?
«OOC» Wraith says, "That's dumb. I'm happy to allow it in my run. :P"
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "You will just be traversing the astral link. I'm the only one doing the ritual."
«OOC» Wraith doesn't think we need more reasons to separate magical types.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Does my ally spirit, at the LoBro Motel, have eyes on the journalist?"
«OOC» BillyBob says, "Yeah tell us wut she doin."
«OOC» BillyBob says, "I was going to drop them off at a hotel and go stakeout her place in the food truck."
«Plot» Wraith says, "There's two people in the room you expect to be hers, and a third has been in and out whilst the stuff over here has been going on. They're still hanging out there though; your spirit THINKS it knows which is the journalist but it can't be 100 per cent sure."
Mr.Terrific transmits this information. "There's two people in what I think is the Journalist's room. My ally spirit has a guess on which one is the journalist, based on headware, but without a picture and just in the astral, I can't tell. There's a third who has been in and out. So I think maybe we do the one-hour version just in case the guy is actually already there."
Mr.Terrific will, at a hotel, do the one-hour, force-1 version of ritual tracking.
«OOC» BillyBob says, "I mean, if she's a reporter who we know the real name of, can't we just Google her and find the lame little picture she puts on her byline?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "We have an alias."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Good idea for Wraith to go with and back him up."
«OOC» Wraith says, "She's an investigative reporter who doesn't want corps shooting her in the head. :P"
«OOC» BillyBob says, "Oh, so she's like a secret reporter without a byline!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 6 vs TN 9 for "Mystery roll":
3 4 5 5 7 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» BillyBob says, "Yeah so we'll drop off those ritual types a nd let them ritual. BB and Wraith will go to the hotel near the Dunkelzahn International Airport and stake it out."
«OOC» Wraith says, "Okay cool."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Terrific! Make your linking test - TN 8."
«OOC» BillyBob says, "I'll throw my beeeee drone up there to try and peek in that window and see those peeps."
«OOC» Wraith says, "I'll do the pose all at once when the linking test has been made."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery vs TN 8 for "The linking test!":
2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery vs TN 8 for "The linking test! kp1 really!":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 10 13 = 2 Successes
Vegas keeps quiet and reads his pocsec as the mages do their thing
Mr.Terrific would in fact call a big Earth Elemental to sit in the astral next to him to be available for defense in case there's a wizard on the other end to come track the linking back. But at this level of payout that seems a little unlikely. In any case, he draws out the lines, and when he chants, it's mostly ancient hebrew… with some Latin too just for Daniel.
BillyBob drops off the spell-slingers and rides over into the UCAS in his food truck, changing the paint scheme with photovoltaic paint as they go to the proper hotel address. He says to Wraith, "Imma send up a bee and try 'ta see if dey left a window open. But I can't see through walls ya know." He parks in a place and 'blends in' on the street, then takes a look with his sensors.

The team split up!

Wraith makes for poor company. She sits in the front seat, next to BillyBob, and stares blankly out the window. The pair have to make a border crossing to get to the airport. She provides an Ares SIN and he provides his UCAS one. The guards do not care enough to do their job properly; it is sunday.

The motel itself is pretty small and low-rent. The room is on an external wall, which is a bonus, but the curtains are drawn and the bee can't see much.

On Terrific's end… things get interesting. The link is established, but it wasn't easy, not at all - the guy is clearly sat behind some wards of some kind, but he was able to establish the link without too much difficulty. For a mage of Terrific's calibre, it is probably trivial to establish that the wards were at the upper end of standard legal-without-a-permit.
Mr.Terrific says, "I think he's behind some base wards - be careful, Daniel, and just give us the location. Unless you think you're up for ghosting wards and outwitting low-level astral security."
BillyBob lands his bee drone on the windowsill, hoping to pick up any loud chatter inside with his sensors. Otherwise, he waits for confirmation from the wagemages about where this fragger is.
Mr.Terrific holds up the link while Daniel traverses.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, sorry about the delay. Daniel! Astral Perception against 4, and the motel is hearth."
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "Astral Perception TN 4, sustaining, L stun.":
1 1 2 3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "Astral Perception TN 4, sustaining, L stun. kp 1 (7 total)":
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "Astral Perception TN 4, sustaining, L stun. kp 3 (9 total)":
1 1 2 4 4 4 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Wraith says, "Standing?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence - 1 (Success) vs TN 7 for "Astral Perception TN 4, sustaining, L stun. kp 6 (12 total)":
1 3 4 9 10 15 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Daniel says, "Stand."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 1 for "Mystery Die":
11

Vegas gnaws on one of his thousand or so chocolate ration bars while waiting.
After an hour and a half, in which time Wraith stares blankly into the middle distance and little else, Daniel finds the target.

The apartment complex could be one of a dozen in the UCAS sector, but the apartment itself is one of only a half dozen warded. And, deeper inside, Daniel can see the telltale glow of BIGGER wards fairly trivially. In fact, as a shaman, he gets a tingling feeling at the back of his neck.

He's not just spying on a warded apartment, he's hanging around outside another shaman's lodge.
BillyBob lifts a cup up to his lips, seated in the food truck as he is, and spits tobacco juice into it. SPRT. "I'm not gettin' nutin' from above," he says to the eerily quiet Wraith. He flips on some Dwight Yoakam to ease his mind.
Ordering the city spirit to conceal the rest of the team individually, and lets the remaining services go. ALAS. Oh, the lodge here. Tricksy and dangerous. He begins to chant in Latin ONCE MORE, doing a little dance on the astral, as he calls to the spirits and attempts to assense the lodge. "Just what kind of Shaman lives here…"
«Plot» Daniel says, "Trying to get Totem Info from lodge. BG here?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "1"
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Reduce TNs?":
4 4 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 7 for "Assence (comp)":
1 1 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "Assence":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "Assence kp 1 (13 total)":
1 3 3 4 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«OOC» Daniel does not suppose 1 is enough?
«Plot» Wraith says, "Fuck it. Can't find the exact thing on lodges. I'll give it to you anyway because you can just try over and over again - it belongs to a Trickster Shaman. At 1 success you get 'probably an Initiate of some level too'."
Daniel returns from his spirit walk perhap 2 hours after embarking on the journey. "I have found our target," he says. "But there may be an issue. He seems to be hiding inside a shamanic lodge… a shaman of one trickster totem or another. It is not a difficult problem… only unforseen."

Wraith turns to BillyBob, her voice entirely deadpan. "If this music does not stop." She says, "I am going to walk into that motel and kill every person there. I do not think I have a choice in the matter."
Mr.Terrific says, "Since our goal is to wipe the information, find out where he put the backups, and where he put the triggers, we'd want to go in there, knock the guy out, and knock out the shaman if he is actually involved. How does that sound?" He turns to Vegas. "How are you on knocking people out? Or do you still refuse to sully your rifle with gel rounds?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Shall we assume all that is on comms so we in the van can hear it too? (I think R6 can cover most of the city if memory serves)"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I give consent."
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « I have a dart pistol. It is my only nonlethal option, but it should serve. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « It's exactly the thing for a knockout. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Should we kill the journalist before meeting you? »
BillyBob squints at Wraith. he turns off the music, then. "Don't appreciate shit," he grumbles.
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « No need, unless the journalist has the information. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Acknowledged. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « I can leave my ally there and he can see if things get excited like they just got an email with all kinds of info. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Then we should meet you close to this new target. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Let us do this thing. »

Wraith stares blankly through the squinting, and as the conversation on communications continues, does not look away. When she does speak, it is to ask a rather bizarre question. "This is a food truck. Do you have any large, sturdy bags?"
Commlink-Stone> Daniel sends, « I also have sleep spells, but the shaman may prove to be a problem with that. I will call on the spirit of his building to help. »

Wraith nods her head. "Excellent. We may need one or two."

And then the food truck is off! Towards Daniel's destination. It isn't difficult for the group to rendezvous around the back of the apartment building; it is an apartment building, and the van is still shrouded with the concealing power of an ALMIGHTY SPIRIT, so most people are still ignoring it.

Wraith is very quick to leave the front seat of the van on arrival, and stretch.

«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, so, do we need to check anything else or is the plan essentially 'kick in door, KO inhabitants, drag off elsewhere?'. And can I just check Vegas is still with us? Apologies if things have been moving slowly peeps!"

BillyBob rigs in and drives down to the offending apartment block, hiding around the corner and doing a quick sensor sweep. He goes ahead and deploys a bee drone to get the lay of the land.
«Auto-Judge[]» BillyBob (#10588) rolls 5 + 3 for " Food truck sensor sweep":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5
«Plot» Wraith says, "Its an apartment building, there's no on-site security, there are some cameras which it would be advantageous to knock out first. There are stairs, and an elevator, and a service elevator. There is a receptionist, a large number of people going about their business, and the apartment you want is on the fifth floor."
«OOC» Vegas says, "I'm not asleep. Promise."
«Plot» Wraith says, "No watchers or spiritual gubbins. F3 wards outside, higher force inside."

Vegas shrugs, "I have gel rounds. I use gel rounds. No worries about that. Big Bertha can't take gel rounds, just my other children can."
Mr.Terrific nods. "Okay. We are in knockout land for now. Would you like to precede us and take out cameras? I'll make you invisible and silent? There's an initiated shaman in the building, he might have enemy spirits, just imagine shooting him like you want to shoot me."
«OOC» BillyBob says, "Like Knight's Errant AAA? A? B? C? I forget all da ratings and what they mean but I'd want to know."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Probably A."

Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « Erg, my drone is loud when it shoots. Maybe I'll wait in da car fer you folks 'ta do quiet biz. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « You could carry the bags. »
Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « What… are da bags fer? »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Carrying the unconscious people. Unless Mr. Terrific or Daniel intends to make them invisible, and even then, a backup is never a bad idea. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Yeah. I can do that. invis is always helpful but not needed »
«OOC» BillyBob can just hang outside and check out the cops!
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « and if I shot him like I wanted to shoot you, it wouldn't be gel rounds »
«OOC» Wraith says, "Okay, I'm cool with that."

«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, so, just so I understand correctly - Vegas goes in, takes out cameras. Wraith, Terrific and Daniel follow. Strike Force Awesome kicks in the door (quietly) and takes out the perps (quietly) and rendezvouses with Food Truck Team BillyBob, then we play it by ear?"
«OOC» Vegas says, "that's way more of a plan than I'm used to"
«Plot» Wraith says, "If that is all good, then we just need Terrific to do the mojo, then we can do Vegas' bit!"
Vegas rummages around for the right rifle for the job. The fact he isn't allowed to cavitate a forehead makes him a little sad.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls Firearms Background:
1 5 5 7 11 15

Wraith peers over Vegas' shoulder and eyes the guns. Those bright red eyes of hers seem to light up just a little bit more!

Vegas has a Barrett 121 and a Walther MA-2100 and a Steyr AUG-CSL (Carbine)

BillyBob just stays in the safety of his Bison food truck down the street, ready to pull up for a hot extraction if it comes down to it. He listens to the local police radio bands for any alerts.

Wraith actually whistles when she spies the Barrett. "That is some serious hardware." She says, "May I… hold it, for a moment?"

Vegas looks torn for a moment then nods, "Sure."
Vegas says, "Once took a troll in heavy milspec down with this little lady."
Vegas sighs, "But I never did get to strip him of the armor to fence. By the time we got to the place he was at someone had retrieved his body before we did."

Wraith takes the gun with an almost reverent air, and lifts it. It is all sized horribly wrong for the elf, compared to the dwarf. The balance is off. The scope is positioned awkwardly. She still smiles. The first expression she's shown all day.

"I can believe it." She says. "There isn't a soul in the world who could feel safe with this pointed at them. One day, perhaps…"

Vegas grins, "They all feel safe. I don't let anyone know it's pointed at them."

Wraith places it back down, carefully, and nods her head. "Ah, yes. That is the point, after all."

«Plot» Wraith says, "BG count here is 1, just a reminder."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg 1":
1 2 3 5 5 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery vs TN 4 for "imp invis f6 for vegas":
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "against 4m stun drain":
1 1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 7 9 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "So imp invis f6 for Vegas, 4 successes, I will drop it just before he crosses the plane of the ward to enter the building, and re-do when I am through. I am masked and will be ghosting the ward."
«OOC» Daniel will spirit once we're inside the building itself.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Sure - the ward is on the apartment not the building so you should be fine. Are you going to Stealth him too? (Gunshots to take out cameras…)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 7 for "stealth f6, tn is 4 +2 sustain +1 bg":
3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 11 22 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "agaisnt 4m stun drain +2 is 6m stun drain with trauma damper":
3 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 9 13 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "GM note that random receptionists and civilians are int 3 and therefore cannot break either spell."

Mr.Terrific waves his hands in gestures made to cloud mens minds. Vegas is already terribly unassuming when he wants to be, but now he fades from view altogether. Can't even hear him breathe unless he wants you to.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Stealth for "+2 +8 + Invis":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 5 5 8 9 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3 vs TN 25 for "Receptionist":
3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3 vs TN 25 for "Random Civilians (Group)":
3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "Yeah, you're fine. :P"
Vegas slips out of the van once more under his ruth cloak, a couple of choice rifles having been wrapped in their own ruthenium gun bag and synched up to his suit. Then he creeps his way towards the apartment complex. He looks along the outside as he approaches for a fire escape if one exists. Else he'll look for the stairs inside.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 1:
2
«Plot» Wraith says, "There is a fire escape but - bad luck - there's some teenagers derping around on it. Looks like one of them has a new remote control drone and is showing it off to his buddies."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Group of 3 in total. It is sunday afternoon!"
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Hey T. Want to come stunball some teens so we can go up the back? »
«OOC» Daniel considers zonking secretaries downstairs. Or teens.
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Daniel, how are you on sunballing three kids. I'm holding up two spells here. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Put a sock over your head and drop your physical mask, everyone here knows what you look like. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « I left my gas grenades at home and incendiary is rude. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « We do have a sock. »
«OOC» Vegas says, "My steyr aug isn't silenced. What kind of time crunch are we on? I could just wait for the little shites to leave."
«OOC» Wraith says, "You guys don't really know. At some point, presumably, they will leave to meet the journalist."
«OOC» Wraith says, "Your gunfire is currently silent though."
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "I am waiting for Daniel, which I guess is a bad move OOC."
«OOC» Wraith says, "Because lolmagic."
«OOC» Vegas says, "Oh yeah."
«OOC» Wraith says, "But then… kids riddled with gel round wounds might be more suspicious than a sleep spell??"
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "No real time is passing. So tell you what, let me do it."
«OOC» Wraith says, "Works for me."
«OOC» Vegas says, "They're teens, outdoors, in denver. Gel rounds are polite."
«OOC» Vegas says, "Just drive the truck by them and stunball? A drive by stunning?"
Mr.Terrific yawns and heads over to where he can see the kids and not be seen, say, from inside a vehicle. And he makes with the twiddle-fingers when they aren't, like, leaning over a railing.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "What is the top willpower of the three kids?"
«Plot» Wraith says, "I'm going to say 2, because all teenagers are impulsive dickwads."
«Plot» Wraith says, "And none of them are dwarves."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "tn of spell is going to be 2 + 4 sustaining +1 bg or 7, minus 7 initgrade. So to reduce penalties":
1 3 4 4 5 9 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Daniel says, "Sorry, dinner rush hit like freight train."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "tn 2 +4 sustain +1 bg -2 centering is tn 5, Serious F6 stunball":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 2 vs TN 6 for "this was likely a mistake, 2d stun becomes 6d stun, I'm going to spend a lot of kp, in fact, I'll buy 2 more dice for kp 4 spent so far":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "kp 5":
2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "kp 7":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 2 - 1 - 1 vs TN 6 for "kp 10":
3 3 3 3 3 4 4 7 10 13 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 3 vs TN 6 for "kp 14":
1 2 2 2 4 4 7 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "6 successes, with trauma damper, no drain."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "The kids need 4 successes tn 6 on willpower to remain awake."
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "It could have gone worse."
«Plot» Wraith says, "With their 2 willpowers, they literally cannot achieve that, so… zzz."
Vegas seems pleased at how it went down and sneaks over, looking for cameras before dragging the kids near the wall so they aren't easily seen or hiding them under some trash if it's possible. Then he takes their credsticks and steals the drone.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2:
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 13

The teenagers are completely unaware of the awesome feat of magic they have just fallen victim to. The poor kid's drone flies off unaided somewhere, likely never to be seen again, and they all fall asleep on the fire escape - luckily, not in a dangerous position.

«Plot» Wraith says, "Ah, the drone was in the air so I won't allow that. You can have…"
«Stats System» Invalid roll: Cannot find stat matching "3d6".
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3:
3 5 9
«Plot» Vegas says, "Oh well."
«Plot» Wraith says, "140 additional pocket money nuyen."
«Plot» Wraith says, "There is a camera overlooking the fire escape, but just the one, and on that roll you can tell right away it is a 'recording' model rather than an 'actively monitored' model."
Vegas shoots it.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Roll rifles, don't botch."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Rifles vs TN 2:
1 2 5 5 5 8 8 = 6 Successes

The camera lens breaks! There's no gunshot and only the faint sound of tinkling glass.
Vegas looks up the staircase, checking for traps as we go.
Vegas tries to figure where the entrance to the shaman's room is and if, by all that's holy, he's got a window open for fresh air
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 8 vs TN 13:
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 13 = 1 Success
«Plot» Wraith says, "Give me that sweet magical sense power again, Vegas?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence + 2 + 2:
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 9 14
Getting up the staircase is pretty easy. The fifth floor is the one Vegas wants, and there's a window! … But it is closed, and he can feel all the magical mojo bubbling away in there. There is a LOT of it.

In fact, there's a hair's-on-the-back-of-his-neck feeling which tells him that there's a powerful spirit lurking just on the other side of the wall; in fact, DIRECTLY on the other side of the wall.

Vegas wonders if the window's blacked out or not.
«Plot» Wraith says, "Drawn curtains, blackout ones."
«Plot» Wraith says, "No visible alarms or so forth though, you could easily tool laser it."
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Drop all your spells. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Dropping.. and gone. »
Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « Shall we move into support position? »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Upstairs. Fifth floor, spirit just inside, heavy curtains inside the window. Will wait for the spirit to move before I try and open it. »
Commlink-Stone> Daniel sends, « I need to be inside to call on the spirits. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « That would probably be best. Don't cremate me. While my soul may burn forever I rather not have my body burn too »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Moving in to support position. I can take down the Ward, which alerts the wizard, and will start a general fight. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Don't. »
Mr.Terrific casual-sneaks up and along, and doesn't do anything rash.
Vegas is going to jimmy the window so he can open it at his leisure, but will wait for the spirit to move past if possible.

Strike Team Alpha moves into position, sneaking up the fire escape behind Vegas. Whilst the GM could call for stealth rolls, nobody conscious is really in a position to watch and the camera is gone, so it would be superfluous!

However, more disturbing for Vegas is the fact that the spirit doesn't move away. In fact, if he shifts along the top of the fire escape to test it… it follows him.

It knows he is there, it just can't do anything about it whilst he is in another domain.

Oh dear.

«OOC» Vegas says, "How does it know I'm here?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "It has been told to watch and it uses astral sight, so the spells/ruth don't help."
«OOC» Wraith says, "It rolled a 13 on its perception."
«OOC» Vegas says, "Fuck"
«OOC» Vegas says, "I was afeared of that."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Intelligence for "Astral. What flavor spirit is it?":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 7
«Plot» Wraith says, "Hearth Spirit. Big'un."

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Well. It knows I'm here. »
Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Big honking hearth spirit. Not Greatform or I'd already be screaming in pain. »

Mr.Terrific joins Vegas up there. Through the comms he says, "Shall I begin?"

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « If you can banish it I'll open the window and shoot the fucker. »

Wraith bends down and, from a holster at her ankle, produces her dart pistol.

Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « I am ready. »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « I am about to drop the ward. »
«OOC» Vegas says, "if he's going to drop the ward I'm not going to drop my tattoo"
«OOC» Wraith says, "Fair."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Destroy that ward Terrific! Its only a bog standard R3 so I doubt it'll put up much of a fight."

Mr.Terrific draws forth his emerald-pointed dulo-dulo sticks, and smites through the heftiness of the ward - from the outside. In an attempt to destroy the admittedly powerful shamanic lodge. Why? Because he is a bastard, that is why. And then, my droogs and malchiks, it will be on.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "I thought I was hitting f9 but okay."
«Plot» Wraith says, "That's the lodge inside."
«Plot» Wraith says, "The ward on the outside is legal!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Escrima + 12 vs TN 4 for "attacking ward with weapon focus F12":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 = 7 Successes
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "Now it attacks with F3, and I need to end up with +4 successes to do it Deadly."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 3 vs TN 4:
4 4 4 = 3 Successes
The ward crumples like paper, and inside the response is immediate. A loud, very female, voice shouts:

"Drek, get outta here, GO!"

«Plot» Wraith says, "And initiatives."

Inits came out as follows:
Wraith: 30
Spirit: 30
Vegas: 29
Terrific: 23
Shaman: 11
Unlucky: 10
Daniel: 6

«Plot» Wraith says, "Wraith will hold action until the window is open, assuming ICly that Vegas is gonna handle it. I'll do a little desc on the room beyond."
A vaguely troll-like mass of fur and flesh begins to manifest directly in the window. It is still swimming indistinctly between the astral and physical planes, but currently is mostly astral (and therefore, incorporeal).

Even in this state, however, the curtains have been torn aside - presumably some kind of sympathetic motion with the destruction of the barrier they represent. This shows a large, cluttered apartment, a terrified human man in his mid-thirties scrabbling towards the door, and a woman behind a bead curtain beyond, whose expression is one of ferocious rage.

Those of you perceiving astrally, that curtain is the powerful lodge detected earlier.

«OOC» Vegas says, "Which is the shaman?"
«OOC» Vegas says, "I'm assuming the woman since anyone shitting themselves and running probably doesn't muster a high power hearth spirit"
«OOC» Wraith says, "Dude is wearing a suit, she is wearing a sari."
«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Quickness vs TN 4 for "Quick Draw":
2 2 4 7 8 11 11 13 = 6 Successes
«OOC» Vegas says, "What's my TN to shoot the woman through the window?"
«OOC» Vegas says, "And was my astral perception sufficient to tell me the force of the hearth spirit?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "Window will add twice barrier rating to her armour (4). Short range for a rifle and probably a +2 cover as it is partial for the beads and shit. It is force 8. And because I now remember ALL the house rules, she is GLOWING AND ROARING OMG (has an armour spell active)"
«OOC» Wraith says, "Which will negate the penalties utterly."

Vegas quickdraws the barrett, having judged that shaman is too burly to dick around with gel.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Smartlink 2, Short Range":
1 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 10 11 = 9 Successes
«Plot» Vegas says, "14D APDS"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Shouldn't that be against 2?"
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "tn 4 close range, +2 cover, -2 smartlink"
«Plot» Vegas says, "4 short range +2 cover, -2 Smartlink 2"
«Plot» Wraith says, "Her armor spell counters the +2 cover unfortunately for her."
«OOC» Vegas says, "So then it's 13 succ"
«Plot» Vegas says, "And my barrett's first round recoil is always comp'ed"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 9 + 5 for "9 combat pool + 5 bought karma dice 15/?? KP":
1 1 2 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 13
«OOC» Vegas says, "Plus. Standard rules say one shot can't kill her."
«OOC» Vegas says, "No matter how much it does"
«OOC» Vegas says, "We'll stabilize her and write her a polite note"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 9 + 5 - 9 vs TN 4 for "9 combat pool + 5 bought karma dice Reroll 1 16/?? KP":
1 1 2 4 5 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Vegas says, "It's a light maiming."
«Plot» Wraith says, "11 successes on the dodge brings it to D+1 before soak."
«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "she's makign a go of it!"
«OOC» Vegas says, "Oh good. I was afraid I'd waste my second shot this pass."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 + 4 vs TN 8 for "Body 4, +4 bought dice 26/?? KP":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 + 4 - 1 vs TN 8 for "Body 4, +4 bought dice Reroll 1 27/?? KP":
1 1 1 3 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "And she goes down, bleeding out."

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « I have exorcised the demon…. This house is clean. »
Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « Quit screwin' around in there! »

Mr.Terrific sighs, and knew he should never have told Vegas to pretend like the shaman was Mr. T.

«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "tn 6 test using the spirit's force, spirit's force must be above 6, the GM has some say in the matter if he or she doesn't want it to happen."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 8 vs TN 6:
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

Vegas decides that with the force of the spirit she's packing that it's too dangerous to screw around now that stealth's been broken. So he shifts to his barret quickly and pulls off a single shot. After the glass is splintered he shoulders through the window as best he can, letting the scrabbling man see the smoking end of the barrel as he says, "Move and I shoot…." he pauses for a second… "Again I mean."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) rolls Quickness for "To dodge broken glass?":
1 1 1 2 2 4 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 4 for "TN 4 base, -2 smartlink, +2 called shot":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 7 7 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Panic Dodge":
1 2 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "Sleepytimebyebye":
3 4 11 11 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Wraith hah!

The shaman goes down and the spirit dissipates into so much mist and vapour. The man starts to turn, looking horrified, and as Vegas warns the guy not to run, Wraith levels her pistol over the top of the dwarf's head, squeezes the trigger. The dart hits the back of his neck and he staggers… then a fraction of a second later another dart hits him in the back more generally.

She then looks to Vegas. "No need to risk it."

A momentary pause, and then…

The man is wobbling, although it will take a few seconds for the drugs to hit his bloodstream entirely. "What, no…" He slurs, real pain on his face. "Sis…!"

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Can you stabilize her, T? »

Mr.Terrific is about to twiddle fingers… then just freaking opens up the window and steps in. If he has to laser it, he lasers it, if he doesn't, he opens and steps. "You rest," he says to the about-to-sleep man. "Everything is all right." And he will, in fact, be going to stabilize the woman; he just can't open a window and clamber through and get to touch her to cast in the same half-instant.

Christoph - for it is he - obliges the suggestion of the strange man climbing through the window and collapses face first into the carpeted floor. He's drooling on himself, but one can't help but feel he got the better end of that bargain.

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Targets are down. Only light property damage. »

Mr.Terrific , if he is not attacked or otherwise stopped; will lay in a low-force heal to stabilize the woman - and, like a total bastard, preclude her from other magical healing and first aid efforts. Yes, he is evil and wrong. But she could be dead instead.

«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "Does she have any cyber?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "She's got some yeah, essence 5."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg 1":
2 3 5 5 9 10 = 6 Successes
Vegas turns to Wraith and whispers, "I'm allergic to gel rounds."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery vs TN 5 for "f3 Heal, so max I can heal is 3 boxes so she will end out at Serious wounds.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 7 11 = 2 Successes

Wraith can't quite hide the smirk that follows that comment, so she coughs instead.

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "against 2D, with trauma damper, need 6 successes":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 9 10 = 8 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "Okay, that seems to work as intended - I do not remember offhand if that immediately brings her back round to consciousness?"

Mr.Terrific lightly passes the tips of his emeralline focus through her chakra points, feeding her energy, sealing the worse of her wounds, while leaving plenty for her to heal back.

«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 2:
9 23
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "It is kind of your option. When she goes to D physical, there is a Willpower test TN 8-10 to see if she also falls unconscious, immediately taking 10 points stun."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 8 vs TN 9 for "That was pretty shocking!":
1 2 3 5 5 5 7 11 = 1 Success

The shaman had suffered a rather large hole in her gut. Her sari is ruined, and she's in an incredible amount of pain. As Terrific's magic fingers bring her back from the brink of death, however, she sucks in a pained breath. Her soul is strong! Even with as much magic as she has, she hasn't lost any; so she's not AS PISSED as she could be.

"You have to, stop." She chokes out, blood trickling from the corner of her mouth. "You people, don't… ghck…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vegas (#6086) uses 1 of item 2: Barret 121 Sniper Rounds from Barrett 121 Ammunition (#433).
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) uses 2 of item 23: Narcoject Darts from Carried Gear (#10709).

Vegas is probably kind of a dick for that. He'd expected T to heal her fully.

Mr.Terrific says, "I'm holding you alive. So you need to be quiet, and careful. Your.. brother?"

Mister Terrific glances to the sleeping man, "is sleeping peacefully. Do you understand your position? Here, lie on your side, raise your arm.. one leg back, one leg forwards.." He puts her in what you call 'rescue position.' "So if you want to tell us a story, you can do so quietly, while I hold up your healing spell."

«Plot» Mr.Terrific is using his medical skills to put her in the 'rescue position' where she can breathe easily and can't aspirate on her own blood/vomit.
«Plot» Mr.Terrific is gentle and soothing, like he's had discussions with people in these kinds of situations before.
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Interrogation for "if you want it":
2 3 3 4 5 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Psychology for "because I have it, complementary skill":
1 1 3 4 4 5

The woman seems to understand perfectly, though there's a roughly equal mix of pain and hate in her eyes despite the fact that Terrific is literally the only thing stopping her from a painful death.

"Don't, hand him over to them." She hisses, "They'll, kill him. He needs to get, away."

«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 8 vs TN 18 for "Resisting Interrogation at Death's Door.":
1 1 3 4 5 5 5 8 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Wraith says, "You get the feeling she isn't going to hold anything back."

Mr.Terrific says to her, "So, we've cut a deal. If we get back the information, and all his backups, and any of his dead man's drops… then we can just use an Alter Memory spell on him, wipe the memory out of his head, and no one has to die. Is that okay with you?"

There's a gurgling laugh from the woman. "Do you think they'll really, let it go?" Her lips pull back in a sad, bloody-toothed smile. "If that is the truth… I would love to believe it, but, Ares are not, forgiving of, traitors…"

«OOC» BillyBob says, "Sorry imma back!"

Vegas stops in his appraisal of the decor in the apartment, "Ares?"
Vegas gives T a _look_.

Mr.Terrific says, "I'm telling you what we're hired to do. After your memory is wiped and you know nothing, it would cost more money to wipe you out.. and why bother? Are you disagreeing with my logic?"

There's a sharp intake of breath from the dying woman, and she shivers. "I want to believe you." She says, "But please, don't change my memories. If they renege, if they kill him anyway… I want to know, who, did it. Why. I won't come after you."

BillyBob , in his food truck, sits watching the sensor feeds from his truck and his bee drone. He spits tobacco juice into a cup and then keys the comm.

Commlink-BillyBob> BillyBob sends, « Hey hurry up! »
Commlink-Fairplay> Mr.Terrific sends, « Do we have company? »

Mr.Terrific calls his ally spirit to come here if there's no excitement at the location.

«Plot» Wraith says, "There is indeed no excitement at the motel."

Mr.Terrific says, in the last few moments of his spell holding up, "I'm going to need you to convince your brother not to struggle, and then to let me cast a 'compel truth' spell upon your brother first, then you, so we can handle the loose ends. Then the memory wipe. If you don't have the information, then I can leave you clean. If you do, I have to clean it up, then leave you with what you want.

Wraith puts her dart gun back in her ankle holster, and from her back she produces a silenced Ares Predator, which she holds behind her back casually.

The woman looks pained, but as she stops bleeding out and her life is no longer in immediate danger, she nods her head. "You could have killed me." She says, "I have to trust you … at least, a little."

Commlink-Wraith> Wraith sends, « It will be a while before he comes round. Should we just wait here, or take them to somewhere discrete in case things escalate? »

Commlink-Blackjack> Vegas sends, « Yeah. We can do that. Someone have somewhere discreet to stow them? »

Mr.Terrific says, "That's all I ask." And he gets out his medikit and administers enough stim to bring the unconscious guy around. "Now now, what advanced pharmaceuticals can put down, they can also raise up."

«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Biotech:
1 3 3 5

Mr.Terrific , with his ally spirit back, puts on the Compel Truth as he comes to.

«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "And the real cheese of it is, when he's unconscious, he gets a +4 penalty to resist will spells like this, +3 if he's at serious stun having just awoken."

«OOC» Mr.Terrific says, "What is his will?"
«OOC» Wraith says, "5 - he's Not Totally Spineless."
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "against bg":
1 2 2 3 5 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 5 vs TN 5 for "compel truth f6":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 9 10 10 11 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Mr.Terrific (#7242) rolls Willpower for "against 4m stun with td":
2 3 4 5 9 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Wraith (#5494) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Compulsory Resistance Test":
1 1 1 4 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Mr.Terrific says, "No drain, compel truth F6, lots of successes."
«Plot» Wraith says, "Forgetting the massive penalties, still fails. :P"

Christoph comes back around blearily. His sister has at least gotten close enough he can see that she's not dying, even if she's still badly hurt - at least the magical nature of the healing has sealed up the worst of it.

"Ramona, I thought you were dead!" He blurts, "I'm so sorry, I thought they'd send idiots if they sent anyone at all and you'd be able to deal with them no problem!"

At that point, his sister slaps him in the face. It is a weak slap, but still a slap.

After that, and mostly through the intervention of his sister, Christoph agrees to the deal. He explains everything. How he found out Ares were siphoning money from their various 'charity fundraisers' through various channels and back to weapons development. How he thought he could retire on the threat of exposing that, and how management had called his bluff…

And how, now, he needs to send a code to a trixmail account to erase the dead man's drop or it will go off in three day's time, and the physical and electronic backups he has in his luggage in the guest bedroom here.

Vegas blinks, "Idiots? I resemble that remark."

Mr.Terrific , when all is revealed, keeps up his part of the bargain. He memory-wipes all the details, while leaving them with the memory that they have to skip town - even that they know they've been memory-wiped. With his ally spirit, he can make the alter memory strong enough that it can't be broken through later. Why? Because he is a bastard and this mental manipulation crap is his specialty, that's why. He went to six years of college for this and he diesn't even get to be called Doctor Terrific. And he uses it so he doesn't have to kill these people, but can let them sneak out to Topeka, Kansas, and live a nothing life in nowhere rather than messily expiring in a puddle here on the carpet. Speaking of which, he casts Sterilize on the way out. You're welcome.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License