It's Haunted!
GM: Page
Players: Page (Johnson, GM), Slinger, Riga, Nate, Darius.
Synopsis: Page hires some runners to find out what's wrong with this parcel of land a guy is selling. As it turns out, it's haunted.
Only by kidnapping a museum security guard are they able to get the guard possessed and use him to reunite the spirits with their precious relic. And of course, then they had to escape the museum without drawing attention.

Date: July 25, 2069


It was a dark and stormy night! Well, a dark and stormy afternoon, at least. The wind outside is blustery, and storm clouds lurk threateningly around the peaks of the mountains in the west.

Maybe you've ducked into Page's shop to avoid the winds. Maybe you're there on rumors that he sells the best foci in town, things to make you more powerful. Or maybe you're just there … because. In any case, you're there when Page comes back downstairs. "Yo, Slinger."

Darius makes his way in from outside, he had heard about page and his enchanting shop, so here he is. He glances up as the man of the hour emerges, and offers him a nod of his head. However, since he's already adressing Slinger, Darius holds off on barging in.

Riga is really not shure if she is right here. The guy sending her here asked her to retrieve a set of 'Tarot-Cards' as pecial set even, whatever that is. Entering the place she looks curious around, looking or hte shoopkeeper.

Nate ducks inside the shop after not getting any crowds from his harmonica playing, the day isn't good for it, people aren't out and about and the wind plays havoc with the harmonica itself. He shrugs off the cold sticking his hands into his hoodies pockets and letting himself warm up. Finally taking a look around the shop with a little surprise registering on his face, oo magic.

Slinger is lounging against the counter, smoking a cancer stick and polluting the air, which is nothing unusual. "S'up?" the youth drawls, lazily, glancing at the others in the shop. "Don't worry. I'm keeping an eye on the place." Of course, Page does not have a problem with shoplifting. A few have tried. Of course, a very low growl from right next to them that makes their chest resonate usually causes them to put whatever item it is… back on the shelf. And quietly leave. Quickly. Very quickly.

"All healed up?" Page says, smiling at Slinger. Yeah. Smiling. That can't be good. "I need a favor from you. Got a lead on a good plot of land, the guy's selling it for cheap - which means there's some kind of problem with it. Would you go find out what it is, see if it's something that can be fixed? I'd come with you, but I've a 1 o'clock with Popper." He waves his hand vaguely at everyone in general. "You might take along some help, just in case there's… trouble."

"Yeah. Still feels a little weird, but I'll get used to it." He manages a casual grin, then shakes his head to clear it. His eyes went crossed for just a moment. "It's kinda cool, though. Just… well, maybe you don't know. Best way I can describe it is havin' a spell active that you don't quite know very well yet. Like how dizzy you get when you first levitate, y'know?" He takes a drag of smoke, crushes out the butt. "Somethin' wrong with it… you mean, like a flood? Or somethin' that won't show up in records?" Help. Huh…

Riga looks at the arriving proprietor, "Hello? I'm here er some guy asking me ter retrieve his order. I got this letter ter prove me cause."

Towering 3 meters large this troll girl is quite chubby. Her aproximately 250 kg of weight wont make themselves noticed overly much due to her masssive size. Her blonde hair is shaven around the sides of her skull and styled up into an enormous mohawk with pink color applied to the hairs tips, adding another 20 cm to her height. Some horns are peeking out of her skull at the shaven sides. A large knubbly nose and huge round blue eyes sit above a plump lipped mouth, some strong tusks jutting out between those lips in a roundish pockmarked, scared and tatoo marred face. Her pointed ears stick out sorely due to no hair around them. Her leathery rough skin is relatively pale and she has a generous ammount of scars and tatoos all over her body as well. While her body is quite muscular it lacks the good looks some people gain through their muscles due to her chubbiness. She's not fat, just very well rounded instead of slender, which on the other hand adds quite some curve to her body as well as her truly giant sized breasts.

She seems to favour leather and steel in her dress code. A long black leather duster covering her torso and large parts of her legs with stell rings applied and spiked steel caps at the elbows. Due to the fact that she leaves that duster unbuttoned all the time, a red leather bustier can be seen underneath, wrapping itself around her bust almost like a second skin. Though clearly specially made for females of her size and bust it still strains somewhat to contain her.Her legs are wrapped up in tight, black, leather pants. Heavy black biker boots with steel caps cover her feet. A pair of heavy steel forearms guards stick out underneath that duster at her wrists and an odd array of steel chains is hanging down her neck, adding to he clinking noises her duster causes.

Her body seems to be reasonably well cared for. No teeth missing or rotting away, no skin diseases or pimples showing.

Darius blinks when he gets roped into something, seeing as he knows Page by reputation only, and the others not at all. "Excuse me?" He comments, "I was planning on asking for a quote for a specific focus. I can provide the formula." He informs Page. Before he gets dragged off to parts unknown.

Nate isn't even paying attention, just trying to look like he knows what he's doing in here after ducking in just to get out of the cold. He keeps his hands in his pockets and browses the shop, looking at bits and bobs.

Page replies to Slinger, "I have no idea. The guy wouldn't say. It sounded like he was scared to set foot on the property at all, though. Dropped his price a hundred thousand when I suggested going there with him to inspect it." He shrugs his shoulders, then looks over at Riga. "Hmm… yeah. That delivery? I've got it. How would you like to make an extra ten large, though?" He nods to Slinger. "He could probably stand to have the muscle."

Slinger so far hasn't roped anybody into anything. He knows Riga briefly from the firing range, but the other two are strangers to him. Idly, casually, he switches to astral sight — which is /really/ weird right now — and casually eyes the people in the room, concentrating a little bit. Whom do we have here…?

You paged Nate with 'You probably heard the comment about 'ten large' pretty clearly. And just to go look at a hunk of land. :D'.
Riga shrugs, "I shure coul' do with some extra cred. A girl needs ter pay fer da livin'."

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assensing…":
2 3 4 5 8 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4:
2 4 4 5 = 3 Successes

Page nods and glances over at Darius afterwards. "And if you're looking for a focus formula - well, I'm a little swamped at the moment. If you can help take care of this for me, though, we can talk discounts."

Nate perks up and sort of browses his way towards the group forming at the counter, yeah his ears perked at the sound of money. Though he tries to keep looking like his main interest is in that thing just behind the counter there, yup.

Darius shakes his head, "I'm making the formula myself. I just don't have the appropriate workspace to construct it myself. I could stand do trade services, though. If I do this for you, could it go towards some time rental of your workshop?" He asks then.

This unremarkable human is of average height, around five feet eleven inches tall, with a thin, wiry body structure. His build tends towards lanky, with thin muscles and little body fat which puts him under the recommended weight for his height. His hair is a dark, chestnut brown, buzzcut to about half an inch in length and then left to do as it wishes. His facial structure is strong, with heavy brows and deepset eyes, a stubby nose that looks like it's been pushed upwards once too many times in a fight and quite bright red lips, though more on the thin side than full. His chin is smoothly shaven and devoid of a cleft. His skin is relatively smooth and lacking in wrinkles, hinting at an age probably not beyond thirty.

Today he's wearing a pair of loose light coloured jeans, whitened around the knees due to hard use, a pair of black running shoes on his feet, with minor gold details and a loose hooded jumper in black, with a white silhouette picture of a profiled human face on the front.

His general attitude seems to be one of apathy, walking down the street he looks like he would ignore a beggar, and wouldn't throw scrip to a street busker, his body language totally closed, uninviting.

Slinger chuckles. "Congrats, Page. You're a manufacturing facility," he chuckles, still leaning against the counter. The troll gets a look next. Ten large to check things out — yeah, he can do that. "I get cut in on that, too?" the youth drawls, curiously. "Oh!" he snaps his fingers. "Got that formula you wanted me to learn, too?" he asks casually, as he reaches for another smoke.


«Plot» Slinger was waiting for aura info from Riga as well?
«Plot» Riga says, "Some cyber just a very little bit, obviously induction pads in both hands, healthy, Quite calm."
«Plot» Riga says, " Mst cyber is headware"
«Plot» Riga says, "Some bio"


Nate ponders the group of others, his attention slips from the knick knack and he just casually checks out the others there, looking for an in on all these ten larges being thrown around. "Uh hey, I'll wander aroudn some place for ten grand, no worries mate." Yep, he's a Brit.

Page considers for but a moment, and then nods to Darius. "Certainly, certainly. So, let's see then.." He starts counting people, and includes Nate in at his offer. "Four… hmm. Yes, that should be enough for just about anything, I think." And then looks back to Slinger. "Formula? Ah, the spell formula. Yes, right over there in the stacks." He waves a hand vaguely at a stack of cubbyholes filled with datasticks, sorted by title and then Force rating. "You can pick it up when you get back."

Riga ponders the situation. "Well, mind tellin' me what I git 10 grand fer?"

Darius nods his head, apparently pleased with that result. "It's probably just some harmless spirit or devil rat infestation. Nothing that can't be dealt with." He comments then. "I'm in."

Page looks up at Riga. Then looks down at Slinger. Then up again. "Make sure he doesn't get hurt," he says, nodding to the short, skinny, wussy little elf standing next to her.

Riga shrugs, "Well…I'm good at dat kinda stuff."

Nate nods a little, looking over at Slinger and then at Riga and finally back to Page. Then he glances down at himself, grins a little and shakes his head, "Hey, sounds easy enough right?"

Slinger rolls his eyes. "I can take care of myself," the elfin youth points out, then eyes the others. "All right. So… I need an address. Any of you guys good at decker-foo?" he wonders. "Or maybe just matrix-searchy-stuff? Need to find out any news stories or things about this place. Maybe scope the area, check any rumors or stuff like that. And then do an on-site inspection. Does the owner know we're coming… or are we needing to be… discreet?"

Page jots the address and some contact info down on his pocket sec, then pops out the datastick and hands it over. "There ya go. Oh, that? He knows I'm going to drop by and inspect it, so if anyone asks, you're there on my say-so."

Page adds the word, "Contractors," with an amused look.

Riga shakes her head, "I'm good at smashing, shooting 'n slashin' 'n maybe standin' inna bullets way, but Trix is a mystery ter me."

Nate shakes his head to Slinger, "I've got a pocsec to get anything publically available, but that's probably useless. I'm no decker."

Darius shakes his head then, "Not yet. Still waiting to create a power focus to offset the loss of magical energy a mage like me suffers when they corrupt their body with implants." He could have just said 'no' right?

Slinger snags the datastick, nods to Nate, and hands it over to him to read. "Well, see what you can find on it on the way over there. You got transportation, or we takin' my SUV?" the youth wonders, as he crushes out his second smoke, then stretches, still a tiny bit woozy from the drugs used to knock him out. He's still functional, though. He glances over at Darius, and grins. "Power focus helps, but not entirely. You start messin' with foci addiction at that point. Nasty."

*Chirp, chirp!* Page glances down at his watch. "Ah, and there's my appointment. Excuse me." And the mage goes back upstairs.

Nate takes the stick in one hand and withdraws his pocsec with the other, slotting the stick and scanning through the details on it. "Alright, see if I can find anything. No transportation here."

Riga nods to the leaving Page, "Well…good luck then. Wid ya appointemmt.", she says. Turning to Slinger she winces, "SUV? I hope a real big un'…cause…well I'm not really small…"

Darius nods his head, and explains, "Of course. It's only a temporary solution until I am able to offset the loss mostly or fully through advancing my initiation into the magical arts." He explains to Slinger. Ont he topic of transport? "I'll accept a ride if it's offered."

Slinger laughs. "Believe it or not, I think you'll actually fit, though it'll be a tight squeeze. All right. Everybody pile in," he says, stepping outside of the shop. He holds the door for the others, then hits the button to unlock the rather large GMC Suburban. Then heads to the driver's seat, climbing up into the big vehicle.

Nate follows Slinger out, tapping on the pocsec, glancing up to check where he's going and then heading for the passenger side door to hop up into the front.

Slinger belts in, then starts up the massive engine. And glances at the troll in the back. At least he can actually fit her — which causes a bit of guilt. He always felt bad in the past for not being able to take them, but his old vehicle would have collapsed. "All right. So where is it? You're navigating," Slinger comments to Darius, as he backs out of the parking lot, and then lights up another smoke before he heads out. At least he cracks the window.

Darius scowls just a little at having to sit next to a smoker. Blech. But it's his car, so Darius refrains from commenting, instead looking at the information on the datastick. He reads it out then, telling him the address. "Don't you have autonav? I'm lacking a map." he comments.


«Plot» Page says, "It's a few miles out to the northeast - one of the 'Good' parts of town. It takes perhaps 15 minutes to get there with traffic, but there's no border checks along the way from Page's place."


As Slinger pulls up, everyone gets a pretty good idea which spot it is. Rich house… rich house.. rich house… blank spot. There's a couple trees, some scrub - it doesn't even look like it's been mowed in weeks. Could be just about anything in there - tigers, lions, bears. Oh my!
Overhead, the clouds scull across the sun, visibly darkening the area, and a cool wind blows across the empty field.

Slinger eyes the plot of land. House, house, goose. "Right. I think this is it. Wonder why it's never been built on?" he comments. He parks by the side of the road, but leaves the vehicle running for a moment, wasting gas. "Find anything yet?" he asks Nate, next to him.


You paged Nate with 'How will you be searching?'.
Nate pages: Just pulling up anything publically and easily available, probably focused on the seller rather than the land. Land is land, probably nothing about that.
You paged Nate with 'Gimme a Computers roll, TN 4.'.
Nate pages: Alright, defaulting. ;)
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Defaulting=Page":
1 2 2 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence - 1 vs TN 8 for "Defaulting=Page KP1/5":
1 3 3 4 8 = 1 Success
«Plot» Page says, "Well, the guy owns quite a few properties here and there about Denver, has them up for sale on a number of different sites. This one, though - there have been five online listings for it, each one cheaper than the last. No one's ever bought it, not in the last ten years. Before that, it looks like it was just plain undeveloped."
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 (to Page) for "Assensing the target site.":
2 2 3 9 17 22 = 3 Successes


Slinger takes in the information. "Well, whatever's wrong with it… is fairly obvious. And yet not so obvious that it's gotten documented, like if it was in a flood zone or earthquake area or had some sort of toxic problem. Which probably means something weird, or supernatural. Hell, maybe it smells bad, or something," the kid remarks, as he climbs out of the SUV and sniffs once, twice. And grins. "Nope!" he drawls, and then starts to walk onto the property. If whatever it is is supernatural, it won't even notice his spells, and he's supposedly here on legitimate business.

Nate drops the pocsec back into his pocket and hops out of the SUV, "I guess so, supernatural isn't my kinda thing. Hey, Elf, you gonna let the Troll out?" Nate sticks his hands back in his pockets and wanders towards the open site.

Darius steps out of the SUV and he glances over at the site, his eyes becoming slightly distant, as if he's staring through it, as he shifts his perception to cover the astral as well as the physical plane.

Slinger smirks at the question — though in truth, he had sort of forgotten. He hits the remote trunk release, then steps onto the boundaries of the property — and scans the astral as well, just briefly. But whatever this is, it's most likely visible in the physical realm as well. Otherwise, the buyers would have at least closed on it before backing out.


You paged Darius with 'You get the distinct sensation of a distant scream on the astral, and the sound of hoofbeats in the distance. BG count is 3, and tainted by an oppressive feeling of unease and dread.'.
You paged Slinger with 'Assensing? :D'.
Slinger pages: BG count?
You paged Slinger with '3.'.


Nate follows up onto the property itself, heading off at a bit of a tangent towards the opposite side, just ambling along, glancing around like some kind of prospective purchaser.


«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering vs TN 2 (to Page) for "Centering against background count. TN of test is 7 with +3 in penalties, minus initiate grade of 9.":
3 4 5 8 11 21 = 6 Successes
Darius pages: Can I roll magical background or ancient cultures to tie this in with anything I might know?
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 (to Page) for "All penalties negated… TN 4.":
1 3 3 7 = 1 Success
You paged Darius with 'Ancient Cultures would work.'.
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Ancient Cultures (to Page):
1 3 3
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 (to Page) for "That was complementary. Main test…":
1 1 2 3 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 4 vs TN 4 (to Page) for "KP 1/25.":
3 4 5 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Ancient Cultures (to Page) for "KP 1/6":
2 3 5
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Ancient Cultures (to Page) for "KP 3/6":
1 2 3
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Ancient Cultures (to Page) for "KP 6/6":
1 4 10
You paged Slinger with 'You get the distinct sensation of a distant scream on the astral, and the sound of hoofbeats in the distance. The BG count carries a taint of an oppressive feeling of unease and dread. In the distance on the astral, you think you can see… smoke, like from a campfire.'.
You paged Darius with 'You're thinking definitely Native American overtones of some kind here.'.


"Hoo boy. We got ghosts," the youth comments, glancing at the others. "I'm getting hoofbeats, and smoke from a fire, over there." He lifts a hand, points in that direction — where of course there's nothing. "How big is this plot?" he asks Nate, the man with the floorplan.

Darius winces the moment he begins astrally perceiving, and he squints, as if staring into the sun. "The background count is abnormally high and there's… some sort of presence here." he says then, closing his eyes to concentrate on the presence, "Not as distinct as spirits… but… I hear horses. And screaming. I think this… place has something to do with the native americans."


Nate pages: How big is the plot so I can slip it in my pose. :)
You paged Darius with '50 x 80 meters.'.
You paged Nate with '50 x 80 meters.'.
You paged Darius with 'Whee, mav. :D'.


Nate doesn't hear or see anything, "Huh? Ghosts? Horses? Oh…" he pauses, pulling the pocsec and tapping up the information. "It's er… about 50 across, 80 long. Uh meters." He drops his hand holding the pocsec and looks up, scanning across the place, looking for ghost horses.

Riga stretches upon release, "Ummpf…I really need ter git me a ride…"

"Wha's dat talk abot ghost horse?", she wonders.

Slinger takes a slow breath, lets it out, fishes out one of his cigarettes — a Native American brand, one might notice. He pauses to light it up, then nods. "Let's go. I suggest we head toward that campfire. Probably going to be where we get the answers. And most spirits can communicate with Awakened types."

He sighs. "Great. We get to push Native American spirits off their land. They'll be thrilled."

Darius glances back towards Riga and Nate. "I think that this was a Native Amrican site… possibly a burial ground, or power site." He explains and then heads along after Slinger. "With any luck, we'll be able to help them move on rather than simply driving them out. Forcefully dispelled ghosts only come back angrier."

Campfire? Horses? Yep, nothing like that around here. Just flat open land. Darn mages, always needing things dealt with that can't be seen. It's a little cooler than you'd expect for this time of year, that's certain.

Slinger tenses his lips, nods. "Yeah, don't I know it," the youth remarks. "So what do we have to give them, that's gonna be the question. Who wants to do the talkin'?" he inquires, as he crouches down, staring into the astral. If there's any sort of cover, he'll take advantage of it.

Riga grumbles, "Spirits…oh…damn. I hope ya magic types are up ter dat. Imma strong person, but me swords ain't exactly magic…I'm no coward, but really da native spirits kinda make me feel weak inna knees."

«Plot» Page says, "There's a couple trees further into the property, and waist-high grass over the entire thing."

Slinger glances back at the troll, alarmed. "Nuh-uh! No weak in the knees!" he says, shaking his head firmly. "I ain't strong enough to lift you," the youth admits, with a sheepish grin. "So you gotta stay on your feet."

Nate grimaces at the spirit talk, "Well, I got nothing on any magical stuff, so I'll just wander along here and look pretty." He chuckles to himself as he sets out after Slinger and Darius.

Darius considers this, "I'm not sure what to offer them. Maybe they'll have some problem for us to deal with. That's always the ebst solution, a favor for a favor. I can try to communicate with them if you like, but I don't know any of the North America native languages."
Riga shrugs, "Well, ya guys care fer da spirits 'n I do da heavy stuff. If we kin work it like dat, we got no problems."

Slinger grins. "Pretty is good," he comments. He shakes his head. "Seriously… they probably will speak a language we understand. Language of spirits being universal and all that. At least, I hope so." He nods firmly. "Will have to ask Page how much land he needs. Maybe we can build here after all, set aside some space for them as well." He realizes that he just proposed Reservations, and winces.

"Yeah. Didn't work too well the first time." Darius comments, catching Slinger's Wince. Now they are drawing closer to their target area, he lowers his voice some. After all, don't want to startle… whatever is there.

Nate quirks an eyebrow at Slinger and Darius, "Didn't you say something was abnormally high? And fire and horses and stuff, and you still wanna build a house here?" He shakes his head with a slight grin, keeping pace with the others.

Tromp, tromp, tromp. Squeltch. Eh? The ground underneath you has gotten rather muddy out here. Yeech! And when you check your shoes.. it's got a rather reddish… goopy… yeah, this is blood that the ground is saturated with.

Darius pauses when he realizes he's treading in blood, and he pales slightly. After a moment, he says, "I'm going to go out on a hunch and say either burial ground, or slaughter. A lot of the hunting trains came through Colorado." He comments then, and frowns. Glancing back to nate? "Background Count. Also called Astral Noise. It's a rough approximation of the level of ambient magical interference."

"Prolly on good…", Riga looks down as she hear her shoes squelch her jokes stopped in her throat. "Well…I kin imagine why no one wanted ter build here…", she then says finally.

Nate nods to Darius, pausing at the squelching and grimacing with distaste at what he just stood in, "Right, sounds like a bad place for building stuff. What is this?" He bends down to peer at the ground and rubs some of it on his finger tips, "Ugh."

"Ew," Slinger says firmly, and then proceeds to activate Levitate, into his focus, and floats up above the ground. Soaked with blood. "Yeah. Slaughter, more likely," he agrees. "This is gonna be bad. Because I'm /sooo/ white."


«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Filtering. TN is BG count of 3.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 8 22 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Levitate, F3, into focus.":
2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 8 11 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "F3, +2M, 3M drain.":
1 1 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 8 Successes


Riga frowns her weight having pressed her boots firmly into that bloody mess on the floor. "Yer gotta complain. I'm not even able ter fly. 'n I'll be cleaning boots all day termorrow…Assumin' me own blood did'na join dat stuf down dere until then."

Mist is rising up around the group. It doesn't seem like it's that thick, though it quickly blots out the neighboring properties. Those with keen hearing might sense the sound of a flute off in the distance. There's also a soft glow in the fog ahead, as of that from a campfire.
Emit to whom?

Something brushes across the back of the troll's neck, a feathery wisp of a touch.

Nate frowns at his fingers, and tries to clean them off on his jeans. "Ugh," he stands up and looks around, frowning further, checking the mist with his thermovision reflexively. "Uhm, guys? What's this all about?"

That done, Slinger proceeds forward, floating rather than walking. There's no reason to maintain the illusion. "Stay calm, no matter what they do. Got spell defense on the group," the youth comments quietly, gazing at the campfire. The mist is perhaps a bit illusory. "I bet most of your typical appraisal guys would mark it down for this," he comments with a grin. "I wonder if they have a checkbox for 'Mystical hauntings, minus thirty percent'."
Riga murmurs some complaints the she whips around as she feels the touch to her neck, "Hey, leave dat be!", she calls out trying to see who did that.

To Nate's question, Slinger shakes his head. "Mystical haunting. The blood's an effect. I can get it out later if you want. For now.. you play along with it. Treat it like a stage show, and try hard not to piss 'em off."

You paged Riga with 'Nope, nothing there.'.

Darius nods his head a little, after the initial shock, he tries to ignore the wetness creeping into his shoes. "Wea re on their land, moreso than usual. Be respectful, be calm." He comments, to reinforce Slinger's instrucitions. They head towards the light.

Nate gives Riga a bit of a wide eyed look, "What the? Ugh." He repeats the sound of discomfort again and then focuses in on the words, "Ok." He tries to walk calmly and quietly with the magical pair, his running shoes squelching in the blood-mud.

Riga grumbles, "Damn spirits, keep ya fingers outta me neck.", she says. "I've been washin dis mornin' so no need ter check." She grumbles some more, "Stage show, eh? If dat was as tage show they'd have a damn bad publicity. Just look atta lace…all overgrown. Bin left of audience fer ages."

Darius hisses, "What did I say about Respectful and Carlm just five seconds ago?"

At the campfire sits an old man, tending to it, adding a twig here, a leaf there. The smoke that curls up is acrid, stinging to the eyes and nose. Nearby, a horse shakes its head and wuffles, standing next to a teepee. It's not clear if the man's noticed you're presence or not.

Slinger approaches the campfire from the south, gazing into the flames for a moment respectfully. And then, without waiting for an invitation, he steps up, moves to the spot opposite the man at the campfire, and seats himself, though he does still float above the ground, with his head bowed respectfully. A visitor, it would seem.

«Plot» Slinger says, "Just for reference, spell defense on the group, if it matters."

Nate does exactly as he said he would, he stands there and tries to look pretty. He keeps silent now, despite Riga's troubles with spirit fingers. He glances around at the teepee and the horse, trying to keep his eyes out of the smoke as much as possible.

The man just sits there for a long silence. After a minute, perhaps, he scatters another collection of leaves on the fire and says something in an unfamiliar tongue. Terse. Emotionless, almost.

Slinger shakes his head quietly. "I am sorry, elder. I do not know that tongue yet." He'll try in English, even though, potentially, it is disrespectful. He knows multiple languages, but they're virtually all European. Or elven, but that is unlikely to help.

Nate frowns at the unfamiliar language, not able to catch much of anything except basic sounds coming from this odd old man tending a fire. He lets Slinger speak and keeps quiet, watching the horse more than anything else, it's so alien to him!

Darius knows only one language the old man might recognize, but given the relationship the Mayans and Aztecs had with their neighbors to the north, it is unlikely to help the situation if he tries speaking it. Instead, he lets Slinger do the talking.

The astral looks much the same as the physical at this point - obscuring haze and all. The old man's form wavers, though, as if like a candle in the breeze.
He speaks again, the same words as before, his gaze never leaving the flame of the campfire.

Riga just stands, there in the background, keeping her mouth shut after that reprimand to stay calm and respectfull.

Not a good idea to try to use technology — and there is a good chance the pocsec wouldn't pick it up. He can't quite even recognize the language itself, and he lets out a slow breath, glancing to the others. This is a time when a spell to let him speak languages would help. Though, he pauses… and then tries one last-ditch effort…


«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Mindlink, F1. To the spirit/creature… this may be a really bad idea…":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 9 10 14 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "F1, S drain, 2S drain.":
1 2 3 3 5 5 7 8 9 10 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 9 (to Page) for "Willpower, TN is 9. KP 4/25.":
1 1 3 4 4 5 8 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 (succs) vs TN 9 (to Page) for "Willpower, TN is 9. KP 5/25.":
1 3 3 3 3 5 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 (succs) vs TN 9 (to Page) for "Willpower, TN is 9. KP 7/25.":
1 1 3 4 5 8 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Karma Pool: 2 - 2 (succs) vs TN 9 (to Page) for "Willpower, TN is 9. KP 10/25.":
1 1 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "Stand at 2 successes."
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Mmmm, mindlink. This spell is weak enough, you only get time for a few impressions before it snaps like a twig. Fortunately. You're going to have nightmares about this for a week. You see Native American warriors, charging into U.S. Calvary and being slaughtered mercilessly. In another flash, you see a Native American village, on fire. And in another flash, you catch a glimpse of a Native flute, standing in a crystal box. And all throughout the link echo the screams of thousands of voices, suddenly silenced in gunfire."


Slinger holds the spell, struggling to sustain it for a moment — and then he cries out, lurching backward from the images that he saw, and he swiftly shakes his head, eyes squeezed tightly shut against the images. The slaughter, the sheer, horrific slaughter. No. Not good. "Dear Gods," the boy whispers. He knew this as historical fact, of course; everyone does. But he had never /seen/ it.

Riga catches Slinger before he can fall. "Ya alright, chum?", she asks a bit concerned about one of their mages being in trouble. Or at least possibly so.

Nate jerks back a bit himself when Slinger recoils, "What the hell chum?" He sounds more than a little shocked at that happening right then. He'd been daydreaming about horses.

Darius jerks a bit as Slinger collapses, but Riga catches him. Darius glances towards the other mage, and then asks- "What did you see. Did you see any way we can help him move on?"

Slinger shakes his head. "I… tried a mindlink. It doesn't have a language barrier. But… yeah, I saw it. The slaughters of the past. Villages burning. People being slaughtered. I… I'm guessing this is where it happened, long ago. Which explains why it's still unbuilt. He gazes at the spirit for a moment, the old man by the fire, and lets out a slow breath, then turns his gaze to the others. "I think maybe Page ought to find somewhere else to build. Out of respect, at the very least," he says quietly.

:adds, shaking his head. "Giving him back his land? Extermination of the whole white race? That's the only thing that could make up for an atrocity like this. This was… genocide."

The teepee, the man, the entire place around you all disintegrates like so much mist in the wind, leaving only the dampness of clothing behind as a reminder of its existence. It seems almost cold now, in the sharp wind across the field. But hey! You can see Civilization. Can't be all bad, right?
Darius nods his head, "I know that it was. But is this spirit an individual? Individuals tend to have wants and needs that do not always represent the group." He says to Slinger. "We'll be doing him a favor if we help him let go…" and then it's all gone in an instant, like it wasn;t there at all. Darius Scans the area on the astral again.


«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence (to Page) for "Astral Perceiving":
1 3 4 5 9 10


Nate shivers immediately and hugs himself, "Oh wow, it's chilly." He apparently disregarded, ignored or otherwise doesn't respond to Slinger about the genocide thing. Then he looks down at the ground, checking his running shoes for just mud, or blood-mud?

Riga nods, "Well…I'm shure no one wants dat. Least of all him…", she looks over to where teepee and old man had been, "he's not binlookin' malicious. Guess he jus wants his quiet…I'd say leave him alone."

To (Page, Slinger), Nate pages: Huh, you two know magic better than me. With Traceless walk do you still squelch the mud?

Slinger pulls his long-coat a little more tightly around him, and is left sitting on the ground. The crossover between the astral and physical realms is gone, but that does not mean it is gone. Slinger shakily lights a cigarette and glances around him. "Nothing says we're out of the illusion," he says quietly. "This could be an astral quest, and you're all on it with us." After that mindlink, reality seems somewhat surreal, distant, to the young mage.

You paged (Slinger, Nate) with 'Not unless you want to.'.
You paged Darius with 'Same set of sensations. And an undercurrent of anger, just barely perceptable.'.

Nate frowns at Slinger, "Astral Quest, what's one of those then? How could someone like me be doing whatever that is?" He seems mightily confused now and shivers a little more.

Riga shrugs, "I dinna sign onto some quest…I guess. Would'na we have ter go there on our own free will?"
Well, if it's an astral quest, at least you won't have to walk this time with Slinger's SUV sitting there out on the street.
Darius shakes his head, "Well there goes the hope that he simply wanted to share his suffering. his presence is still here." To Nate, "An Astral Quest is a journey to a metaplane. usually, you need to be able to astrally project to visit the metaplanes, but certain spirits can grant access. Ancestor spirits have been known to take even mundane travelers to the metaplane of death."

Nate listens intently to Darius, "The metaplane of death, that doesn't sound like such a cheerful place. Hope not." He looks around cautiously, does it look like the metaplane of death? The question is apparent on his face.

Slinger purses his lips, then shakes his head. "Nope. My SUV's still out there. Vehicles function poorly on astral quests. And it still looks like a gas guzzler," he comments, and then considers, beginning to walk around the area, exploring it — both in the astral and physical realms of perception. "Do I just need to learn Navajo and come back? Or whatever language… there's a lot of variations."

Darius nods his head, "It sounded like Navajo. I'm a bit of a Linguist, I don't know the language but I recognize the structure." He tells Slinger. He frowns a bit, "I'm sensing an aura of… anger on the astral here."
Riga ponders. "Really…dat's bin strange. She walks over to the vehicle, kockingon it to see if it's real after what Slinger just said."

Slinger is staring at the ground, gazing around him. "No shit, Sherlock," he drawls, with a hint of sarcasm to his voice. "Yeah. Pretty damned angry, and for a pretty good reason." He takes a drag from his cigarette, then field-strips the butt, letting the tobacco fall to the ground before he pockets the paper. No sense in littering.

Nate looks at the pair, "Navajo? Huh, Indian stuff huh." He wanders around a bit aimlessly now, "Not much use with this stuff, nope."

This looks a lot like the streets of Denver. Death can be found rather easily, but it's hardly an entirely metaplane of nothing but that. Looks downright ordinary again, at least on the physical side.

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "One thing that still lingers with you, even now, is that flute."

Riga exhales loudly, "Woo..seems we're ooutta spook city.", she says, none too loudly, no need to anger that old spirit. "Bet dere's more'n one spot like dis around…durin# da 'indian wars' some peole did real bad things I heard…ya jus' dun git pulled inter a nightmare very often…even one dat was truth at some time."

Slinger is still recovering from the blast of images, sorting through them. One of them, though, sticks in his mind. "There was something else in that vision, though. A… a Native American flute, in a crystal box. Maybe in a museum somewhere," the youth guesses. "Maybe… maybe that's what it wants?"

Darius nods his ehad then, "There is our clue. Describe the Flute to me." He asks then, glancing back a bit. "I'll hit the library and look for mention of it."

Nate glances back to Slinger, "A flute in a museum? Crystal box? Sounds expensive and difficult to retrieve if you ask me. Especially since we don't even know if it wants it." He pauses, "But then, if it is expensive we could probably fence it afterwards should the spirit not want it."

Slinger closes his eyes, trying to remember the thing in detail. Of course, the images he received from the spirit were very… vivid, very intense. Even if somewhat confusing. "It was… wooden. Dark wood, I think… maybe cherry or something like that, reddish. Six holes… and a piece of leather tied to a small stone over the sound hole. Decorated with beadwork, an image of a… I guess that's a thunderbird or something like that? Red and black and white and yellow beads, looks… very old."

«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger hopes that's an okay description. Meant to page it before posing it.
You paged Slinger with 'Pretty close.'.

Darius nods his head then as he commits the description to memory. "I'll hit the library. Do you all have radios?" he asks then. If they do, he synchs his radio with theirs. If they don't, he takes Slinger's cell number and tells him he'll call him when he finds something.

Riga ponders, "Ya mean ya really wanna go after an old flute ya have no idea about? 't could be a trick ter git ya soul or something… Or really a ruse ter drive da 'White man' outta da lands…i heard spirits can be like dat…"

"They're people. They can be like that," Slinger agrees to Riga's comment. "But… when you get right down to it, though, spirits don't tend to be too deceptive. Not in that way. They tend to basically mean what they say, say what they mean. Even if they often speak in riddles. Maybe we can find this flute, snag it, bring it here… the crystal case, though… crystal wasn't known to the natives, really, which is why I said museum."

Nate just shrugs back, "Well, I hope that isn't expected to be included in the ten grand, only asked us to make sure you didn't die. Which you almost did from the look of it anyway, but eh." He glances around, "Let's get outta here." He starts heading back towards the SUV, and pulls his pocsec out while he walks.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 (to Page) for "Default trix search on 'old native flute+beads+thunderbird'":
3 5 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
You paged Nate with 'Hmmm, lotta stuff to sort through here. Could take you a bit.'.

Slinger chuckles. "I can drop you off anywhere, but I gotta go after that flute, whereever it is." He pulls out his pocket secretary… and starts doing some searches as he walks back toward the SUV, fresh cigarette in his mouth as he stares at the small screen. If he sees it, he'll recognize it…

You paged Slinger with 'Int vs. 8'.
Darius nods his head, "Give up if you like." he says to nate and Riga. "I'm in this for the duration." He adds as he heads back towards the SUV himself. "It's likely that it was found here or near here, probably before the awakening. Might be in a private collection, too, so don't limit your searches to just museams. I'm going to go find out if it's some kind of documented artifaact, which should make finding it easier."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 (to Page):
1 3 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
Slinger pages: Need more successes?
Riga shrugs, "I did'na say I mmove out…'s not me way ter run away if stuff got harder. I just wanted ter give me doubts a wordin'…I guess da old man deserves a way ter githis rest. If dat flute helps 'im…I'm ine wid dat."

Nate taps at his own pocsec and then gives a slightly exasperated sigh. "Hey, you can multitask right? Elves are supposed to be good at that. I've got a load of stuff here about old flutes but I dunno which is which. Use mine and I'll drive us back?" He just ignores Darius.

Nate talks to Slinger, of course.
«Plot» Page says, "After a good ten minutes of browsing or so, Slinger finds a picture of the thing in a screamsheet talking about how the museum recently just purchased an auction. It's Nate, though, that notices that it was sold by the guy who owns the land Page is trying to buy."
«Plot» Slinger says, "What was the purchase price."
«Plot» Slinger makes that a question :)
133.333333
fdivmul((40,4),0.3)

Slinger glances over at the flutes he's showing, and points. "Yeah, the third one. And I suck at multitasking. Especially when it comes to computers," he admits. He pokes at his own pocket secretary, stumbling across the entry. "Hey, here we go. Purchased by a museum… just what I figured. At an auction. For…" He pokes at the unit. "Damn… have to see if I can find that."

fdivmul((40,4),0.3))
533.333333
«Plot» Page says, "600,000 nuyen. Sorry, was sucking at math for a minute."

Nate glances down at the one Slinger points out, bringing it up on his own pocsec, "Heh, wow, 600grand?" Nate exclaims and then glances around himself and bringing his voice back down to normal levels. He scans the autction listing some more, "Ohh, hey isn't that the guy that's trying to seel this plot?"

Riga leans at the car and listens in, "Sounds da guy has his hands inna lotta stuff…Do ya think he had it from here?"

Slinger gives a low whistle. "Six hundred kay. That is going to hurt," the youth admits, with a chuckle. "But frankly, I think we need it more than they do. Plus, it was never this guy's to sell, at least by one way of looking at it." He's already thinking when Nate brings up the new issue. "Do what? Is he… well, so he is." He grins impishly. "Yeah… the guy just screwed himself out of the cash on his land for doin' that. Huh. And yeah, I think we can count on that. He came out here, did a survey, found that old flute… and decided it looked valuable."

Riga ponders, "And caused da old man ter be angry…Hmmm figures. If dis had bin haunted before 't woulda bin known."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10:
1 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "KP 11/25.":
1 2 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "Did Riga catch up something some time?":
1 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "May as well.":
1 2 2 2 3 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "Did Riga catch up something some time?(KP:1)":
2 2 2 3 = 0 Successes
You paged Nate with 'Usually Museums have insurance on that sorta thing.'.

Nate sniffs a bit, "I guess the place probably has more security than an Aztech corporate park, but they'll be insured too. So it wouldn't cause them much pain to lose it, monetarily." He grins a little mischievously as he heads to hop in hte passenger side seat again.

Slinger nods quietly. "Lemme call Page, see what he has to say about it." He pulls out his cellphone and places the call, still not having moved the SUV. The engine's running again, though, emitting warmth from the ventilation system.

Riga shrugs, "Guess I ride as cargo again…", she says moving towards the hold, not entering for now though, waiting to see the resutls of that call.
Page picks up momentarily. "So did you find out what it was?" In the background, you can hear mild cussing. Some tattoo artists use a topical anesthetic these days. Page says it 'messes with the energies'.

Nate lets his pocsec drop into his lap and puts his hands over a couple of the vents, warming them up again. "That mist was freaky cold," he comments casually, not really aware of ongoing phone call.

Slinger remembers that well. "How's Pops handling the tat?" he asks with a grin. "You're a sadist, you know. Yeah… I think this was a site of a battle where Native Americans were slaughtered. Apparently… there's a really unhappy spirit here. Seems that the guy who owned the land found an ancient flute here, sold it for a pretty penny. So now there's spirits, okay?"

"Hunh… spirits," Page says, contemplating for a few moments. "Well, there's just really no other perfect spot. I need that one. Wrap it up and tie some ribbon around it, would you?"

"Around the flute?" Slinger asks, a little confused. He has the phone on speaker, so everybody can hear. "It's in a museum. And said museum is heavily guarded. So this might be a little more than a ten-kay job, the people here are thinking."

"No," Page says amusedly. "Around the problem. Stealing a flute from a museum alone won't fix it." He considers the second point. "Mmm, fair enough. See how thirty-five apiece sounds to them."

Nate ponders aloud, "You adding twenty five to the original, or on top of the ten kay you owe us?" Yeah he's mercenary and greedy, oh well.

You say "Total."
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
Riga shrugs, "Dat's fine wid me…"
Darius nods his head a little, and he comments. "I'm still happy to work for workspace in his workshop." he reminds Slinger since he's on the phone.

Nate nods to Slinger, "Ok, thirty five it is then. I'll need to collect some gear before we jump into anything and somewhere to chat about it would be nice." He refers the last to Slinger and settles into his seat, belting up for the ride back.

"What do you mean? I mean, steal the flute, bring it back here, give it to the spirit… maybe that'll work?" he asks. "Or do you know something we don't?" he asks Page. Thirty-five thousand sounds pretty reasonable. Maybe we can offset some of that if we find another neat item to make off with, as well, the youth is thinking. "Gotcha. We'll get on it. And we need to scope it out anyway. I'll chauffer. Figure Page is covering gas money."

"Maybe," Page says cheerfully. "Or do a little dance, I don't know. Listen, I got to get back to work here." There's another muffled cuss in the background. "Come on, we've only got another six hours of this to work on today…" *click*
Riga enters the cargo space, "Jus remember I'm in dere…"

Nate just waits now, his ahnds warm and he picks up his pocsec again, checking out the museum at which the flute is displayed.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 (to Page) for "What other nice tiems does the museum have?":
2 4 4 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
Darius nods his head at what he hears, getting into the SUV himself. "So, are we going to do this today?" He asks.

Slinger grins. "I won't forget," he promises. "So… I think it's time for a trip to the museum. Anybody got any clothes that won't make the guards go nuts?" he asks casually, a curious grin on his features.

Riga shrugs, "I dunno…my frame makes guards go nuts whatever stuf I wear…"

"Still, a troll dressed in something besides a trenchcoat tends to make them feel a little better," he remarks. "And for cryin' out loud, no guns. I figure we can scout it out, then figure out what we gotta do." He shakes his head. "Jeez, this is turning into a bigger job," he admits.

You paged Nate with 'Oooh, you guys just missed a special exhibition celebrating the 200th anniversary of Denver's heritage. But they've extended it for another few months! There's original documents of incorporation of Denver City, Tribal Paths, Colorado's Native American Indians, 1500 to Today, and even an exhibit on the Paleoindians, who lived around 8,000 years ago. Featured are some of their artistic works and archological evidence.'.

Nate nods to Slinger, "Certainly is. This museum has a special extended exhibition on, Denver's Heritage. Lots of things there right now, if you see what I mean. Lotta Indian stuff too." He pauses, "I actually have a pretty nice set of clothes, not exactly high fashion but respectable. Just need to go get 'em."

«Plot» Slinger says, "I figure at this point, Slinger can drive people around, grab some nice clothes for himself, and then it's time for a trip to the Museum for culture day."
Riga looks down on herself, "Damn I wear /much/ more'n jus' a trench coat. Anyway, if I wear more they jus' suspect I have stuff hidden on my body. 'n dat 'll make 'em really nuts." Ath the words no guns she says, "Guess I better leave da twins in 'ere den…"
«Plot» Slinger will put in for a point of Denver Area History after this, too :)
«Plot» Page says, "The museum, btw, is in the CAS sector, same as Page's shop, same as you are now… so again, no border checks. (Yay coincidence!)"
«Plot» Slinger says, "Slinger will have his formfit, but leave the trenchcoat in the car. Will take his foci, and trust his Masking to protect him. Hopefully his initiate grade and magic rating are high enough to protect him. Guns he leaves in the SUV."
You paged Nate with 'Speaking of. Gimme an Int 5 roll.'.
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 (to Page):
1 2 3 3 3 5 = 1 Success
You paged Nate with 'Hey, look, floormaps for visitors! Right there on their website.'.

Nate keeps tapping away on his pocsec, exploring the museum site and then pipes up again, "Oh hey, I found some floorplans. Specifically for visitors so, nothing special there, but handy."

«Plot» Page says, "It's about 3 in the afternoon at this point by the time everyone's gathered up their things, and they're going to be open until about 5pm. Library closes at 4:30, though."
«Plot» Page says, "http://aelfhame.net/~dragon/SR/maps/ for maps - they're at the bottom. ;)"
Darius points at the map. "Level two. North american indian cultures exhibit." He explains to Page. "I imagine that's where we should be heading."

Slinger will make sure the stowed gear is tucked out of sight. He's still waiting on all his nifty upgrades to the vehicle from Blindside, unfortunately. He drives to the place, ready to scope things out as needed. A glance at the map makes him grin. "Of course, what we /really/ need are the tunnels and things." He considers. "Wonder if I can get something ordered in time…"

Nate nods to Darius, "Yep, that looks promising mate. We'll only have a couple of hours at most today so, get a good look around and meet up at the… T-Rex cafe just before closing?" He glances around the others, except Riga, she's all the way in the back there.

«Plot» Page says, "T-Rex cafe closes at 2, unfortunately."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Needs to get a Transducer, external, if possible :) 1,000 =Y=, 3/72h, legal, SI 1."
«Plot» Page says, "Museum shop is 9-5, library is open 'till 4:30, there's a snack bar open 'til 5…"
«Plot» Slinger says, "Snack bar, then. Sounds like a plan. :)"
«Plot» Page says, "Slinger - for the transducer, toss me contact and Etiquette rolls, etc."
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Wyldfire says, "I'm gonna check with Dwayne Miller. Want him to get me two transducers, if possible. Both external. And tell him that if he can get it to me in half the time, I'll pay double, cheerfully."
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "I'm gonna check with Dwayne Miller. Want him to get me two transducers, if possible. Both external. And tell him that if he can get it to me in half the time, I'll pay double, cheerfully."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Etiquette vs TN 3 (to Page) for "Acquiring Transducer. 1000 =Y=, qty 2, 3/72 hours, SI 1.":
1 1 4 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 2 vs TN 3 (to Page) for "KP 12/25, unless KP has refreshed.":
4 5 = 2 Successes
14.4
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "That's 14.4 hours, 2,000 =Y= base, going forward, unless he accepts that deal I proposed…"
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) has the Contact Dwayne Miller with the following information (only to Page):
-----> Contact for Slinger (#69) <-----
Contact Name: Dwayne Miller
Level: 1
Type: fixer
GM Note: Dwayne is a fixer who works exclusively for the Mobster Luther Sucreasi. He has a bodyguard named CrackahJack who is wired to the gills.


«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Negotiation vs TN 5 for "Rolling negotiation vs. Miller's Int (assuming standard fixer stats).":
1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Weellll, he can get you one in 12 hours or so if you want one that's brand new. If you need one *right now* he's got one that 'fell off a truck', but you gotta pick it up yourself."
Darius nods his head in agreement. "I could turn into a rat and stay behind after closing." He informs them. "I'd need one of you to pick up my things, though."
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "What kinda condition is the used one in?"
«Plot» Page says, "BTW, KP should be refreshed at this point."
Riga just waits singled out in her cargo place.
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«Plot» Page says, "Anybody else need anything?"
«Plot» Page says, "Okie."
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "I can be by to pick it up. I'll want two of them, though, but only need one immediately."
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "Will be around six or so. That cool?"
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Yeah, he's cool with that."

Slinger makes a quick call on his cellphone, then nods. "Let's hit it," the youth suggests. "We can come back tomorrow if we can't get things done by closing time. Remember, we're just museum visitors." He shifts his soft-collar shirt, his hair bound back into a nice ponytail. "We're harmless."

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Physical Mask, F4, into sustaining focus. TN is 4.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 3 for "F4, +1M, 3M.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 = 5 Successes

And even before he gets out of the vehicle, Slinger looks different. He looks like a middle-aged guy, slightly baldning, rather wussy, wearing a soft-collar golf shirt and slacks, and a little overweight. Not the sort of person you'd expect to be a threat of any kind.

«Stats System» Wyldfire (#169) has added 1 points of karma to your sheet for 'Running plots on a Lazy Saturday.'.
"No guns?", she asks, "I gotta sunshade in here…with me blades in its shaft. That okay?"

Nate frowns at Slinger, "I'm always harmless." Then he chuckles, "Let's go," he turns and pops the door, dropping out and then smoothing down his clothes, and wandering over towards the entrance. "Don't forget the Troll," he remarks again.

The Denver Museum is an impressive sight. The front is a kind of plaza, with the entrance flanked on either side by glass skyways. A small information kiosk in front extolls the virtues of the contents therein, Tri-D films of Native Americans hunting on mountainside vistas scrolls across its surface.
Entrance, however, is not free - it's 5 nuyen.

And that done, Slinger buys tickets for the group from the trix site… and then he scowls. "Look. You're gonna walk through an MAD, prolly. That means no guns, no knives, no nothin'. Okay?" he asks, a little impatient at the question. "Unless you wanna get arrested. Now." He does remember to release the trunk, and then heads inside, separate from the others to scope things out.

Riga frowns, "Well…okay. I'll leave it."

Nate wanders in after Slinger, though not trying to be part of his party or anything. Using the ticket bought for him to get in and head up for the second level.

Riga follows last, her large frame being so damn attention drawing she keeps away from the others. Buying a ticket as any tourist would do. having an curious look around the place, once she is in. Scooping out the place looking like a real large tourist, even asking some silly questions to the wardens of he place, while trying to gather as much relevant information as she can. Following he plan as discussed.
So, past the Space Odyssey, up the stairs, past the Australia and South Pacific Island exhibit, through an Atrium with various potted plants and the restrooms annnd - here we are. North American Indian Cultures. The exhibits are organized around 'authentic reconstructed dwellings', actually allowing you to walk through the things and look around at the (fake) items discreetly glued, screwed, or in some cases nailed down. Between the dwellings are the real artwork, all laid out in a fashion where one pass will take you through each and every culture. Isn't that nice? And there, in the Navajo section, just after the hogan, is a centrally placed exhibit on a pedastal, a Native American flute decorated with a thunderbird, sealed in a hardened plastic crystal box.
Darius also uses the ticket Slinger already bought him. It'd be stupid to buy a seperate one for himself. He feigns interest in the various exhibits as he passes by them.

Nate wanders around and through the Native American section, cooing over all the bits of fake stuff before reaching the target prize, the flute. This, to all aparent observers, grabs his attention quite firmly and he studies it carefully for some time, looking for a little info screen on it to read.

«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just connected to the game.

Slinger, as he moves, has full Masking enabled. Just a middle-aged guy hanging out on the weekend. Though he probably should have paired himself with someone. Ah, well. Nate is cute, but probably wouldn't like the two of them posing as a couple. Slinger wanders around, looking at exhibits, getting himself a little culture — as well as casually scoping out the security systems, both in the physical world and, when he dares, the astral. The latter usually done while he's somewhat concealed and can easily avoid detection, himself.

«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "Oh, add an induction datajack adapter cable to my order. Turns out Slinger seems to have, strangely enough, actually forgotten to buy one of those. 100 =Y=, 4/48h, 1.5 SI."
It says here that this flute has been dated by experts as originating from between 620 and 650 AD, making it one of the oldest flutes - and one of the flutes furthest to the east - ever found. Blah blah, history, but their conjecture is that the only way this flute survived was by being handed down through the generations. In other words, songs were continually played for this flute for nearly 1200 years, before the Native Americans were driven out of this region, and was only preserved through a stroke of luck, being buried in clay that was then fired when the village it was in burnt down.
Astrally, the museum is a confusing melange of impressions. Pre-colonial massacres. The Native Americans being driven along the Trail of Tears. The joyful, even tearful resurrection of their people in the Great Ghost Dance can be felt here, too. Every authentic item in here is steeped in history and emotion. (BG Count of 3, collectively)
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "Actually, hold off on all that. I can buy these items legally, just fine, using the Gregory Smith ID. Etiquette test from before stands, but the wait time is halved for legal purchases. So that'd make that earlier one 7 hours, which is perfect. This one is 4/48h, SI 1.5, 100 =Y=."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Etiquette vs TN 4 (to Page) for "Legal Purchase of Induction Datajack Adaptor, 100 =Y=, 4/48h, SI 1.5.":
1 1 1 2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Etiquette - 1 (succs) vs TN 4 (to Page) for "Legal Purchase of Induction Datajack Adaptor, 100 =Y=, 4/48h, SI 1.5. KP 1/25.":
3 5 8 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence:
3 4 4 5 5 8
«Plot-Page» (To: Page) Slinger says, "That takes it down to 12 hours. No SI on this, since it's legal. The other item was also legal, so total of 2100 =Y= cost on all of this, available in 7 hours."
«Plot» Page says, "Hmmm… cameras, sure. And you're pretty sure there's pressure sensors on the case. Not sure if the glass itself is armed - and you can't see any laser tripwires on the outside, but there's none on the outside, people can get right up next to it."

Slinger wanders through the exhibit and scowls at the no smoking signs. So he sneaks out of the building for one, in the area set aside for them. Then comes back in, and that's when he heads for the Native American exhibit. And he scouts it out — and finally gazes upon the flute. That was what he saw, yes. Now the question is how to /get/ at the thing…

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 9 13
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Yep, works here."
«Plot-Page» (To: Riga) Page says, "Yeah, not a lot of guards here. Looks like they rely on cameras primarily. Probably have some kinda response contract with Lone Star. Security guards on-site are a little dumpy around the edges."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "Perception on security arrangements, astral and otherwise.":
2 2 3 4 4 7
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering against penalties, of course.":
1 1 2 2 5 5 = 4 Successes

Nate checks the case out while trying not to look obvious and then heads off for the rest of the exhibition before Slinger gets there. Checking the rest of the museum for general security, especially looking for hidden doors to those security offices.

Riga pages: Dumpy around the edges? Rusted in or just a bit fat?
You paged Riga with 'Fat. :)'.
You paged Nate with 'Int check?'.
Riga pages: Seems they'd fit Riga just fine, then…
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence:
2 2 2 2 4 5
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence for "kp1":
1 3 5 5 5 9
Yeah, not much on astral - ah, one of the security guards is a Coyote shaman. Not particularly 'on the ball', though. He's also rather excitable and is explaining all about Denver's history to one of the other patrons and their kids.
Riga having walked around for a while starts to happily chatter with one of those sec-guys. Not directl ygoing to the theme of security, but kinda smearing honey around his mouth of how she adores a guy with such an important task with all those valuable items around and such. trying to pull out some usefull informations. She plays (fitting to her obvious shape) the fat exhausted tourist.

That's interesting. Slinger considers his situation. Right now, he's not wearing his cool armor. He's not armed. He has his spells, but frankly, this place probably has enough magical security that they could knock him out in a heartbeat. And plus, he'd rather not get his friends busted. He spends a moment investigating the physical security as well.

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Charisma for "Can she pull something out?":
1 3
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Charisma for "Can she pull something out? (KP:2)":
1 11
You paged Slinger with 'He is *not* as powerful as you. ;)'.
You paged Nate with 'Yeah, cameras, a few motion sensors in the corners, looks like. Oooh, you know where the security offices are! They're on the first floor… in the big 'blank' areas on the floorplans.'.
«Plot-Page» (To: Riga) Page says, "Well, he does let one thing slip, at least. His shift gets off at 6pm, and you /totally/ have his phone number."

Nate wanders the entire place, checking things out and then he heads for the snack bar before closing, probably going to be early since he finished up quick like. He gets himself an overpriced NovaCola and settles down at a table to wait, just crowd watching now.

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«Plot» Page says, "And you all meet up at the snack bar. 15 minutes before closing."

Slinger glances aroud, then at his wrist chrono. Time to head for the snack bar and meet up, which he does casually. He drops into one of the seats in the place to enjoy a Fizzycoke, and just happens to meet up with the others. "Whatcha think?" he asks, glancing around to make sure we aren't being eavesdropped on.

Nate waves as people head into the snack bar, to make himself known to people to join him. He glances at Slinger's new look, "I think we need somewhere else to have a quick chat with everyone, lot to go over here, and I'm starving for some Chinese food."

Riga meeting her fellow conspirators she says, silent enough to not be overheard. "Change of shift is 6PM…one of those fools told me his shift ends then. Lots of cameras just second class guards all around, it seems."

Slinger nods. "Cameras can be dealt with. Question is, do we want to stay late tonight, or do we want to come back another night? Once we leave, gonna be hard to get back in.

Nate shrugs at Slinger, "I'd delay twenty four. I've got nothing with me." His stomach rumbles loudly.

Darius nods, "There's a pressure sensor under the item itself, too." He comments, in hushed tones. "if we're going for it tonight, I can stay here in some small animal form. Open the fire exit. As long as it's not alarmed." He comments then.
Riga shrugs, "If we kin stay all we need is ter fool da sensors stuff. them kin only do slight checks if they have so few guards. I bet them rely on KE to back up on trouble. if ya think we kin avoid detection I guess we're fine. I'mno sneaky type though…"

Which it would be. And I guarantee they do astral sweeps. You got masking? He'll know the signatures of all the employees, so there's a real good chance you'd get noticed, even /with/ Masking. As in, who's /this/ guy?
"This one's gonna be real tricky. The pressure sensor… might be able to do something there with Levitate, but not sure."

You paged Slinger with 'Electronics is likely to be easier.'.
Slinger pages: Possibly, yeah.

"Did anybody notice any wards?" he casually asks, glancing around again. After all, being overheard sucks.

Riga ponders, "What's a ward?"
Ian has arrived.

Nate ponders the same as Riga, "Ward? We ain't in a hospital, it's a museum." He frowns a little and then looks around too, Slinger's paranoia rubbing off on him. "Nobody got somewhere better to talk?"

«Plot» Page says, "There's a little hole-in-the-wall Chinese place not too far from here."

"If we've decided to leave for the day, then, sure," he agrees. He stands up, and then heads for the men's room, taking the time to use it, then wash his hands carefully, whistling slightly off-key. And then he heads out of the bathroom and out of the building. He'll drive to the Chinese place.

Nate nods to Slinger, "I got nothing today, if you guys wanted to do it." He fades out as Slinger heads off, and finishes up his cola before getting up himself and heading out for Chinese, awesome!

Riga assumes that means no action today and leaves for the chinese herself. Foods a good idea any day…
And then there's that number she got…
«Plot» Page says, "So anyway, over at the Chinese resteraunt, you guys are free to talk about robbing the museum. Well, more free, anyway. It doesn't look like hardly anyone here speaks English. (That's how you can tell the food's good.)"
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) has the Language Mandarin with the value '4'.

Just for giggles, Slinger will lounge back in his seat, and send a watcher spirit casually in toward the museum. Its task — to hide in there, hang around in there as long as it can and still report back… and see if anybody comes around and notices it.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Conjuring vs TN 4 for "Conjuring a Watcher spirit.":
2 2 3 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Conjuring - 3 (succs) vs TN 4 for "Conjuring a Watcher spirit. KP 3/25.":
4 8 = 2 Successes

Nate heads into the chinese hole-in-the-wall restaurant, giving the place inside a once over and trying to find a place that would seat all of them, including Riga.

«Plot» Page says, "There's one good spot in the back that has room enough for everybody."

Slinger orders mostly by pointing at the menu, and orders himself crab rangoons, chicken friend rice, beef with broccoli. Oh, and some of those cinnamon donut things. Those are good. He smiles warmly at the waitress, and can't understand a word she's saying. And then he lights up a smoke while he waits for his food. Nice, discreet place. "The one guard I saw wasn't much. Coyote shaman. Of course, one silly-ass idea might well be to get a hold of the guy, take him out to the field, and introduce him to Stares-Into-Campfire."

Nate tries Mandarin on the waitress, and attempts to order a double portion of special za sui and extra prawn crackers, they just never provide enough complimentary ones. He huhs at Slinger, "A coyote shaman? He an Indian then? Maybe that would work, or convince him to help us? I'm not sure."

«Plot» Slinger says, "Did the Coyote Shaman look Native American?"
«Plot» Page says, "Hmm… nope."
Riga shrugs, "I dunno who Stares-into-campfire is, I assume a girl ya know. i got one o# da guards numbers…seems he likes adorin' trolls. She shakes her head a bit disbelieving, no idea if dat might help us…as I said it seems change of shift is around 6PM, so most probably double guards around then…"

Nate ponders, "The place shuts at five pm, I guess the guards knock off at six. Probably no live security overnight right? Just plenty of other security."

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
Long distance to Darius: Page noses? :) "Still with us?"

"You know who it is," Slinger tells the troll. "You saw him earlier. Creepy guy in the woods? Stared into the campfire and stuff?" He taps the counter thoughtfully. "I can't impersonate an aura. But I can look like somebody, and hide that I'm doing so. I'm half-tempted to catch that shaman as he gets off work… and make him a proposal. Take him out there to see for himself… and if he's uncooperative, then I zot him, knock him out for a day, and take his place.

"No live security? I'd figure the place would have at least one or two mages on duty, plus a rigger, plus some pretty intense physical sec. I mean, think about it — they've got priceless things in there.

Nate nods, "But I reckon they have priceless physical security rather than have live-in guards. I saw motion detectors, pressure pads, cameras. Probably security doors that deadlock if an alarm is triggered. Who needs an unreliable guard when any would be intruder becomes locked in? But this is all me guessing of course, the impersonation sounds like a good idea to me."

Slinger glances at the others. "If we do that, we're gonna need to get our dinner to go. Either that, or I'm gonna have to take a nap and follow him home. I've scoped his aura, good chance I can find out where he lives and we can pay him a visit.

Darius pages: Sorry about that, minor drama with the cats.
You paged Darius with 'Yay cats'.
Riga shrugs, "I was just tlking about end of shift…but they really seem ter have damn few guards. Guess they rely on technical a lot, but i bet KE is totally on the ready to help out in need."

"Yeah. Which is why a guy on the inside would do a lot for us," he comments. "Like before they open." He glances at his wrist chrono. What time is it?

"Can any of you drive? Hard to drive while I'm out of my body.

Riga shrugs, "maybe i should pay Mr. I like big Troll boobs a visit too. he's mundane, but perhaps we kin …exchange him too?"
Darius considers what the lot are tlaking about, and then says, "I agree. if he has any respect for his own people he will cooperate. Do you have the Mind-Probe spell? Might be useful to glean what we can from his memory in order to better impersonate him. He probably knows access codes, too."

Slinger considers that, shakes his head. "I'd rather have somebody who believes in what we're doing, if possible. We can try him if our first guy doesn't pan out."

Slinger shakes his head. "No… I'm considering getting it, though," he admits. "I still think it's immoral, but I've been in situations where I've got bloodthirsty guys who think the right way to get information is with a pair of pliers a car battery." He shuts up as the woman starts to head this way with plates of food.

Nate nods to the table and glances to Slinger, "I can drive, sorta. Like, there's only two pedals in your SUV right?" Probably not the most confidence inspiring of things to ask, but food arrives! Nate thanks the waitress in Mandarin again, preparing to dig into his Chop Suey special.

Plates all around, food is piled high - and hey, extra prawn crackers. Isn't that nice? The waitress leaves momentarily.
Riga has some real strange stuff on her plates. Happens, if you just randomly poke on the menu. Still she is not unhappy and starts to healthily eat.

Slinger grimaces. "Yeah, only two pedals. It's not a stick. Probably oughtta be, but." He eyes Nate for a moment, then glances to Darius. He crushes out his cigarette as the food arrives, and digs in to the items brought.

Darius nods, "I can drive an automatic." He comments and glances at the food, sniffing a bit. Bet it's packed with MSG. "I know the mind probe spell at force four." He explains to Slinger then. "I can drain what knowledge I can from him and relate it to you, or I could go myself. If you can take care of Physical mask, I can fashion my clothes and take his memories."

Nate mmms, "I love Chinese food, lotta Chinese things I love actually." He leaves that thought there, grabbing a cracker and piling it with soynoodles and bits of soymeat and veg, cramming it into his mouth and crunching away happily.

Ian has disconnected.

Slinger wolfs down his food, keeping an eye on the chrono, and takes care of the bill as well. "Yeah. I'd prefer to avoid that, though," the youth admits. "All right. You can drive. Just please don't plow into anything. If you kill my body while I'm out I'll haunt your ass," he threatens.

«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just disconnected from the game.

Nate crams food, on prawn crackers more often than not, but he does use chopsticks if they were available to pile soy food down his throat.

«Plot» Page says, "Yeah."
Riga is not looking like she's 'wolfing down' still her food disapears with an astounding speed. (probably due to the large proportions of the troll). She probably even is the first to finsih this meal.
Darius barely touches his meal. Definitely has too much MSG in it. He's such a snob!

Nate isn't really wolfing, but definately cramming food quickly as if he hadn't yet eaten that day, speedy use of chopsticks and prawn crackers aids him in speed. Though he is leaning over his bowl, to avoid splashes to his finer clothing.

Slinger finishes his meal, lights up a smoke, and glances at his chrono. Plenty of time. He'll pay for the meal when it's time, and then crushes out his cigarette. 5:58. "Let's motor," he suggests. He gets up from the booth, tosses his keys to Nate, and heads out toward the SUV, moving to the passenger side this time.

Nate wipes his mouth off after finishing his meal and sighing in satisfaction, the keys hit him in the chest, "Uh? Oh, I thought you wanted him to drive." He points at Darius after claiming the keys from his lap, "Alright, let's go!" He gets up from the table and makes to head out and jump into the drivers side of the SUV.

You paged Slinger with 'You astrally projecting once you're in there?'.

"Either way," Slinger says. "Somebody but me has to drive," he says with a grin. He has another cigarette burning as he climbs into the vehicle and belts himself in, takes a deep drag, then crushes it out in the ashtray and departs from his body — and zips over to the museum, where he definitely plans to find somewhere safe to hide himself, and use stealth.

Slinger pages: Ayup.
Riga follows the crowd, curious if that thing will even be able to work out…She frowns slightly as she again has to enter that freight compartment. She grumbles i'd do but your seat is too weak.
Darius heads into the SUV after the group, taking his seat for yet another quick drive. It's all fun and games in this crowd!

Nate shrugs, hopping up into the seat itself, and strapping himself in, yes making sure to buckle the belt. He slips the keys in the slot and twists, inside he's hoping for the engine to start, because if it doesn't he'll be lost. "I'm better at hotwiring these things that using the keys," he complains under his breath.

Slinger is… well, gone. Dead to the physical world. His tongue hangs out of the corner of his mouth a little, his eyes closed…

Car starts easily enough, though with a rumbly grumble that all these kinds of SUVs have. It merely needs direction. As prompted by the autonav: 'DIRECTIONS?'
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "So, you're projecting, you zip over to the Museum. Voila!"

Nate looks at the autonav, then turns to look in the back, "Uh, where were we going again? I've uh… forgotten, the museum or the haunted place?"

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 1 2 4
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "KP 5/24.":
3 3 4 9

Astrally, Slinger does his best to find a place he can watch the rear of the museum — and the cars that are still present — and look for the coyote shaman's aura as he exits the place. And stay hidden.

Stonewall pages: Good grief… that turned into a big plot, huh?
You paged Stonewall with 'Enh, 's okay. :)'.
Slinger's watcher is still hanging around, kicking up dust and generally watching around. Yep. Doesn't seem like he's been found yet.
After a few minutes, the shaman comes jaunting out of the side doors. He seems cheerful.

You paged Stonewall with 'They're taking a circuitious route to the finish. :)'.

Slinger grins. /There/ he is. He'll actually hang out and watch, seeing which car he gets into. No, wait. He pops back to his body. "Head toward the museum, nice and slow. He just left the building. I'll give directions once we get closer."
And with that, he's heading back out toward the museum once again, trying to be stealthy, getting the guy back in sight. He was gone perhaps six seconds, maybe nine.

«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls Intelligence (to no one) for "Percep":
1 2 3 4 4 4
Darius tilts his head Slinger's way when he comes back alive for just a moment to let them know. "Man says the museum." He commebnts, sitting back in his seat a bit and… seemingly relaxing.
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 2 3 5
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "KP 5/25.":
2 4 4 8
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…

Nate glances at Slinger as he wakes up too, then back to Darius, "Yeah, thanks." He turns back forwards notes the museum on the autonav. "Wait, does this thing drive itself?" He asks himself, before eventually trying to find a go gear and drive it manually.

The Autonav is saying, 'Museum?' With a 'Go' button right next to it. And a 'cancel' button, but nobody wants to cancel things, right? Right. The car puts itself into gear automatically once pushed and drives off.
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Yep, he doesn't see you, though you see him pop into the astral for a glance around as he gets into his car. And then off he goes, into one of the many suburbs not far from here, perhaps 2, 3 miles distant."

Slinger stays with the guy, popping back to his body only briefly while the guy's on a straightaway. "He's in a car, heading west toward one of the burbclaves there. Head that way." He gives quick directions, then pops back, hopefully finding the guy right where expected?

Nate huhs, "Well, what the hell was he on about, this thing goes on it's own." Nate sorta take an alert passenger role then, as the vehicle heads over to the museum, "Uh… ten percent below the posted speed limits," he tries to command the autonav. Slinger comes back to life and Nate gives another 'woah' glance, changing the autonav to the directions given.

Riga is half asleep in her cargo compartment, being reduced to mere freight in there.
«Plot» Page says, "East, actually."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Amend mine to east :)"
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Mmm, gonna need you to roll a Perception check, TN 6 to find the guy again. Cars look a lot alike on the astral."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6:
1 2 2 2 5 16 = 1 Success

Nate fiddles with the radio, trying to find a decent music station.

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "It takes you a minute, but you catch his aura through a window and start tailing him just as he's about to take an exit."
Being in a car that drives itself is… yeah. Kind of weird. It turns, it stops, it goes, and now you're on a short jaunt along the highway to the east.

Slinger waits until the guy gets caught at a traffic light, after finding him again, and cursing a little bit. And then he darts back to his body. Indicates the exit — or tries to describe it — and then heads back to follow more, hopefully able to identify the car. He's only gone a few seconds at a time.

Riga goes home.
Riga has left.
«Plot» Page says, "So before too long, the guy arrives at his house. He gets out, stretches, walks in… and *vanishes* before Slinger's very eyes."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Ward, I'm figuring?"

Slinger makes a note of the house, of where it is — then zips back to his body, and starts giving turn by turn directions. "Park about a block away. I'd rather he didn't see my vehicle. Somebody stay with the car and with…" He glances back. "Sleeping beauty here. The other two can go in."

«Plot» Page says, "Yeah, looks like a Masking Ward."

Nate follows instructions, disabling the autonav as things get turn by turn and just using the wheel and the pedals instead, there's only two pedals after all. "Okey doke. Who do you want to go with Elf? Mr haughty mage back there or me?" Nate turns to look at Darisu with a wink.

"He's got a ward up. Looks like a masking ward. I can take it down if I have to, probably, but… well, we'll see." He takes a breath, lets it out, and then crushes out his cigarette and climbs out of the car. "One of you come with. Radio channel is as follows." He reads it off, then tucks the radio into hiding. And then he approaches the door, wearing a slightly different face than he wore today.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Physical Mask, F4, into focus.":
1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 9 9 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 3 for "F4, +1M, 3M.":
1 1 2 2 4 4 4 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering against background count, just in case.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 11 Successes
This guy's house isn't terribly shabby - but it's not exactly super, either. It's just kinda decent. And I mean, hey, it's a /house/, right? Not too many people own these, these days.

Nate shrugs to Slinger, "I didn't bring any radio equipment with me into the museum. Guess you're up Darius." He nods to the haughty mage and settles himself in in the SUV.

Darius nods his head and gets out of the car, synching his own radio up with Nate. He heads along next to Slinger, then, and says, "I'm not known for my stealth. Are we going to approach him directly? We could always just ask."

"Actually, that's what I plan to do. Just go up to the door, and ask. Well, nicely."
He strides toward the door, then, and takes a breath — then rings the door bell or knocks. Whichever is available.

It's a doorbell. Pushing it results in a sound like a coyote howling.
Darius nods his head then, and he takes up a rather businesslike posture outside the door. He's also wearimng a very sharp suit. Maybe the guy will think he's a Jehova's Witness, or Mormon, or Scientologist even.

Slinger isn't dressed like… well, like much at all. He knows the masking ward is there. And given the chance, he'll try to slip through it with his active focus. Maintaining the illusion, just in case…

There's a few moments that go by, and then the door opens a crack. "Hey there," the guy says, scrutinizing the two of you. Up close he's a little younger than you would've guessed at the Museum, maybe late 20's.
Ian has connected.
Ian has left.

Slinger has his vision in the astral as well. "Hey. We… well, there's just no easy way to say this," the youth admits. "We saw you at the museum today, and you seem… well, you seem to really have a passion for Native culture. And we had something that we think you need to see." He's being as sincere as he possibly can.

The guy looks at Slinger. Then at Darius. Then back at Slinger. "You … know I ain't an archaeologist, right?" he says momentarily, the door still open just that slight inch.

Slinger nods quietly. "I know. An archaeologist wouldn't be able to see it. You can. And you… well, I saw it earlier. You believe in it. This is something that has to be experienced, though." He pauses for a moment, manages a small smile. "You can take your own car and follow us," he adds, helpfully. "If you have time tonight. But it is a matter of some urgency."

"Hunh…" The guy looks at Slinger some more, then looks back at Darius again. "What about you?"

Nate considers the sleeping troll in the boot of the SUV. He taps idly at the seats and eventually turns the radio back on in the car.

«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just connected to the game.
Darius shakes his head, "We don't have the knowledge to help. We noticed you seemed to have a passion for the Native American peoples. We encountered a plot of land, haunted by forlorn spirits. We can't help them ourselves, but we hoped you could." He explains, hoping that's not being a bit TOO forthcoming with the information.
The guy looks back and forth again. And then says, "Give me a minute." The door closes just a bit, and you can hear him fumbling around in a pocket for something. And then the chime of a coin being flipped.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 1 (to no one) for "Odd and he comes with.":
11

Slinger glances over at Darius, and then back to the shaman. A coin. Being flipped. He knew they were chaotic, but that is taking it to extremes. He waits quietly for the verdict of the toss… knowing the fate of a lot of things could hang in the balance.

Another good long pause, and then the guy cracks open his door again. "Thanks, but… no thanks. You guys are creepy." And the door shuts.
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…

The youth scowls. "Creepy?" he asks the door, and then glances over at Darius. "Zot or no zot?" the youth wants to know. He eyes the ward for a moment, smirking. He could take out this guy's pathetic little ward in a heartbeat.

Darius considers this for a moment, and looks back to Slinger. "Well, it'd be rude. But then, he did call us creepy." He says, and shrugs, a slight smirk playing across his features.
Slide has arrived.
Closed door is … still closed.
Stonewall pages: So how goes the plottage?
You paged Stonewall with 'They just got a door slammed in their face for being 'creepy''.

Slinger sets his jaw. And eyes the door for a moment. The guy is probably calling the cops right about now, and the response time from here is pretty decent. "No," he says firmly. "Not worth it." He turns and marches away from the door, heading back down the street, on foot — and eyes the astral carefully…

You paged Stonewall with 'They saw this guard at the museum who was all 'into' Native American stuff and thought maybe they could convince him to come along to a haunted burial ground so they could get his help stealing a flute that's causing the haunting.'.

"Dead end," Slinger says firmly, as he climbs back into the SUV. He lights up a cigarette and exhales, then gestures toward the road. "So we try the breakin thing. He's gonna be watching for us, I figure, so things'll just be that much harder. We may have to fight the cops."

Nate hmms at Slinger, turning the radio down when they get back. "Easier to go in during open times and either do it then or wait until they close, I would say. I did notice where the security office is so we could always try to take control there. Huh, I thought this would work."

Slinger shrugs a shoulder, seeming a little pissed, actually. "Yeah, well, it didn't, and it was a stupid fucking idea," he states firmly. "So now our mission gets harder. Do we just do a frontal assault? Because stealth is no longer an option.

You are already using that channel alias.
Darius nods his head a little, "I'd hoped it would work, too. I guess his passion is just for the crowd." he shares with the others. "Well, i could always go in, change into a rat into the bathrooms and let you in after dark still." He says and shrugs. "I can also send an elemental inside to open the door. But this guy will likely know the moment it punches through the wards."
Announcement: Alpha shouts "that was me about the pubchannel stuff. Trying to fix something that happened a couple of weeks ago."

Nate quirks an eyebrow at the Elf who finally found some passion somewhere, "What the hell did you tell him? Stealth is no longer an option? Scrub the lot if it ain't, we can't beat KE in a straight up fight." He glances back to Darius and ponders his options.

Slinger has a lot of passion! He just doesn't always like to kill people. "Look, the guy has to have been astrally perceiving. Probably couldn't penetrate my masking, but Darius here is gonna stick out like a sore thumb. The guy'll be extra cautious at work, now, so there'll be no getting anything past him. We'll have to zot him, grab the thing, and get out. Or break in at night.

Nate ponders and ponders some more, "We can't take this guy out now? Or wait for him to leave for work in the morning or something? Breaking and entering I can do but, thats a lot of security which I can't affect in there."

SlingGM has arrived.
Slinger has left.
Darius nods a bit. "I would say the best bet is to take this guy out, yes. I doubt he's called the cops, he thought we were crazy. And he might not have even seen us qat the Museum."
Darius adds, "We could always just come back here tomorrow, take him out, and then execute the plan the day after. We don't have a time limit."

"Yeah, but he saw us just now. My goal was to get his help. What happens after we take him out? You wanna kill him?" Slinger asks.

Darius shakes his head, "I'll see if any of my contacts can get me some Laes."

"What that?" he wants to know, scowling. "If it's memory-altering, I can do that," he says firmly. "All I gotta do is get alone with him. Get him in line of sight. But still, kinda unethical." He sighs. "This is a clusterfuck."

Nate frowns at both of them, "Just take him out now and zap his memory away then, problem solved and we can carry on with nothing lost. Or you could zap him and we can just take him to the site and wake him up there, see what happens?"

Darius nods, "Wipes out recent memories. If you can use the alter memory spell, even better. It's less destructive. And… well, if it makes you feel any better it is for the greater good."

Slinger considers that. Then nods quietly. "All right. I like the second option better. Not much better, 'cause it gives away /way/ too much. We're showing our whole damned hand. But that works. Let's hit it."
The young mage begins powering up, activating his spells, with a hint of anger behind him. This is taking much too long.

Nate questions, "Want me to go in and subdue him for you, or do you got everything covered here?" He asks, but he doesn't make anything ready, just seems prepared to go as he is.

«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 5 + 3 (focus) vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Guy was summoning a hearth spirit a while back.":
2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 5 + 3 (focus) vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Guy was summoning a hearth spirit a while back. KP 1":
1 2 3 4 4 5 10 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Drain resist for spirit summoning.":
1 1 1 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Drain resist for spirit summoning. KP 2.":
1 3 4 4 4 15 = 1 Success

"How're you with electronics? I can do that kinda thing, but we're probably gonna have spirits to fight. At least one nasty one once we get inside. Poor guy. He shoulda said 'yes'."

The youth exhales, and then glances around. "Last chance. Do we get him? Or do we go hit the museum tonight?"

«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 5 vs TN 6 (to no one) for "Drain resist for spirit summoning. KP 4.":
2 5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes
Slide has left.
Darius shrugs, "I say we get him. I can astrally project with my elementals to deal with spirits, and bash down the ward." He comments, closing his eyes for a few moments as he calls his own elementals- one water, one fire, to his side on the astral.

"Bashing wards is pretty worthless," he comments. "A spell zots them a lot better. Wards find it harder to resist spells. Problem is, anybody working on the lock, he's gonna see it and call the cops.

Nate looks to Slinger, "Oh I'm pretty handy with electronics actually, I think I even brought my kit along, hold on." He leans over to the passenger side and drops the glove box, "There it is." He retrieves an electronics kit from in there and nods to Slinger after sitting up straight again.

Slinger has arrived.
SlingGM has left.

Slinger pauses. "You know… I can't think of a good way to do this without massive damage. Let's… just head to the museum and do this the way we planned. Taking this guy out isn't gonna help anything.

Nate frowns at Slinger, "In through a window or the back door, pop him and let's go. Come on."

"All right." The youth makes sure he is powered up, then exits the vehicle — and moves swiftly around the house, eyeing it carefully in the astral. Coming in from above, the roof area, to survey the property. Wards. Wards are an irritation, but that's about all they are. Nate never said if he could work on locks, so Slinger makes the assumption that he cannot — and looks for an underused entrance, one less likely to be being watched…

Darius heads out after Slinger, his Spirits still present on the astral. He informs Slinger- "I'll wait for your signal." He comments as he moves into position.

Nate stows his electronics kit and exits the vehicle, mving around towards the back of the house, attempting to remain out of vision for as long as possible, his footsteps making no sound as he tries to find an easy entrance to choose. He changes to thermo vision to try and spot the target through any of the windows if possible.

«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just disconnected from the game.
«Plot» Page says, "So, there's 2 windows on the front, two on either side, three on the back and a back door."
«Plot» Page says, "In addition to the previously mentioned front door."
«Plot» Nate heads round the nearest side to the back door to scope it.

Slinger eyes the ward through the wall or window, making sure that he can actually /see/ the thing. And watches for any spirits who might be outside. Any cameras or anything like that that the guy might have used to secure his house. And he waits for Nate.

You paged Nate with 'Back door looks like a rating 4 keypad.'.
You paged Slinger with 'Yep, you can see the ward. Nope, can't see any cameras, spirits, or other security other than the locks on the doors and windows. Windows are locked on the inside.'.
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Check. Anybody here?"

Nate slips quietly round the back, and checks out the lock, throwing a motion over to Slinger to acknowledge before pulling his electronics kit out and setlling in to break a damn lock.

Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Okay. If you can hear me… open the lock, then you head in with me. I think I can sleaze through this ward."
Commlink-mr. Grey> Darius says, "I hear you."
Commlink-mr. Grey> Darius says, "I'll stay out here to offer support incase things get ugly, and stay on lookout. I can't deal with wards very well."
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
You paged Nate with 'Gimme an Elec B/R (4) test to get through the lock.'.
You paged Nate with 'The casing, anyway.'.
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 2 for "Rating 4-2 microvision":
1 3 5 = 2 Successes
You paged Nate with 'That'll take you 30 seconds.'.
You paged Nate with 'And Then Electronics (4).'.
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics vs TN 2 for "Same again":
2 3 9 = 3 Successes
Darius has disconnected.
Darius has connected.

Nate starts in on the casing of the keypad lock, whipping it off in what feels like a very long time. The case finally pops off after only half a minute. Then those tools go away and new tools come out as Nate peers at the electronics in there, fiddling with the circuitry, hotwiring the lock into the open position. It takes about a minute total and it clicks open. Nate puts his tools away after giving Slinger a quick wave.

And as soon as the door is open, Slinger is moving through it, swiftly… astral perception, check. No other spells active, check. Filtering…

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering against BG coutn of up to 2.":
2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 11 = 13 Successes

He stares at the ward, working to synchronize his aura to it… so he can pass through with his foci and spells.

«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 3 8 9

Nate slips to one side of the door as he packs his kit up and waits behind Slinger, apparently fully intending to follow him through and none of this aura ward business.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 18 (Grade*2) vs TN 4 for "TN is Magic (13) - Initiate Grade (9) to activate Deliberate Masking.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 10 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 18 (Grade*2) for "TN is force of the ward. Ward rolls its Force versus my initiate grade.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 10 15
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 vs TN 9:
2 2 3 4 5 8 = 0 Successes

Stealthily, Slinger moves right through the ward, without setting it off at all… and immediately surveys his surroundings, looking for the best way to where the shaman probably is. He has no desire to actually /hurt/ the guy, but this is the best way to right the wrongs in question.

Nate moves in to go inside once Slinger is in, completely unaware of a ward on the doorway. He steps inside glancing around with his therms to see if he can't spot any heat signature to lead him to the guy.

You paged Slinger with 'You're still using Aura Perception, right?'.
Slinger pages: Ayup.
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 4 5 7 8 9 = 3 Successes
Slinger pages: Hearth spirit, Confusion, I presume?
You paged Slinger with 'Yep. And you're betting it's the lady baking cookies at the stove.'.
Slinger pages: Right.
So as Slinger steps past the masking ward, the room changes subtlely around him. It's disorienting, perhaps even confusing - and there's a women standing by the stove that wasn't there a minute ago, baking cookies. "Smells good, doesn't it?" she says to Slinger, pulling oven mitts on.

"Yeah, it does," the youth agrees. "Look… creepy or not, we really need his help." He doesn't stand a chance right now, unless he turns and bolts right this instant. Confusion is a power that he can do nothing about. He doesn't call one of his elementals just yet… that would be his only defense.

The Betty Crocker imitation opens up the stove, pulling out a tray of chocolate chip cookies. "Why don't you boys run along home? Christian doesn't want to play today." Yeah, that must be the guy's name.
Meanwhile, Nate can't see who the heck Slinger's talking to, or hear the replies, just the elf's voice.

Nate looks at Slinger oddly, "What the hell mate?" He looks around wildly for someone that Slinger is talking to or the shaman. "Uhh, hey?" He waves at Slinger once, though not quite in his face.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
2 4 4 4 8 10 = 2 Successes

Slinger nods once — and then switches his vision back to the physical world. "Yeah, that's torn it," the kid says swiftly, and then starts to /move/ deeper into the house, hopefully before the spirit can Confuse him again. And he calls two of his elementals back from standby — a force-six air and a force-six water elemental. "Protect me if she tries to Confuse me again," he tells them.

Nate frowns as Slinger sets off and decides to do similar, head off into the house, though for some reason deciding that splitting up from Slinger is a good idea right now, as he heads off in a different direction to search rooms.

"Hey you can't-" The woman starts, and the rest is abruptly cut off by the elementals attacking her. This is how Nate enters the room to see a middle-aged housewife trying to fend off a pair of angry spirits and getting nowhere fast, screaming!
«Plot» Slinger says, "To confirm, Page, she's a spirit, right?"
«Plot» Slinger says, "Not a human?"

Nate recoils somewhat from that, throwing his arms up, "Holy shit mate. What the frag?" He watches the spirits attacking the middle aged housewife for a while and is sort of stunned, not much he can hope to do about that magic drek, instead he yells, "Fragging hell there's -things- attacking a woman in here!"

Darius stands out by the van, hands in his pockets against the cooling evening air. It reminds him of his stint working as a security mage.
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 2 3

"She's a spirit. And you just warned him, whereever you are," he says firmly. Though she /is/ manifested now. Quickly, the elfin youth moves out of line of sight, changing the orders to his spirits. "Stop attacking, but do not let her move away from there!" And he heads deeper into the house, looking for Christian, with his Narcoject out. He's invisible, not that that matters.

It takes, oh, maybe all of six, maybe nine seconds, but the elementals beat her so soundly that she crumbles into - dust bunnies. Just as Slinger orders them to stop.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 3 (to no one) for "This guy's stealth":
4 7 11
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 5 14 16
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 4 5 5 13

Nate curses, more quietly, "Well frag, somebody could have warned me that spirits look like nice middle aged women, she looks like -my- mother ferchrissakes." He moves on, looking for more rooms to search.

«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 (to no one) for "This guy's perception":
2 3 3 4 5 5
Yep, Christian, he's got it all planned out. He's got a shotgun, has a bead on the corner where you guys are going to show up, got his back to a wall… and Slinger sneaks up on him from behind the *other* corner. It doesn't look like he's noticed him at *all*.

Slinger sighs softly, soundlessly. The coyote shaman is actually adorable. And he reaches out with his mind. Zot.

«BBoard» New message (ooc9/148) from Craig (#65) on Proposals: Confusion.

Slinger actually changes his mind, and at the last moment, does what the guy probably doesn't expect. Pfft! goes his narcoject, from close range, after taking aim.

«BBoard» New message (ooc9/149) from Frost (#1680) on Proposals: Dont lose it!.
«BBoard» New message (ooc9/150) from Hitomi (#8620) on Proposals: Re: Frost.
«BBoard» New message (ooc9/151) from Accelerate (#748) on Proposals: Confusion.
«BBoard» New message (ooc9/152) from Alpha (#1) on Proposals: Confusion.
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 2 for "First shot, Narcoject. 6D stun from the needle.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 11 = 9 Successes
«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just connected to the game.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 10 for "Damage resistance - Narcoject sucks!":
1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 8 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 10 for "Damage resistance - Narcoject sucks! KP 1.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 9 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) takes off his "Light Hardened Military Armor"<=Military Grade Armor (#6104, Item 1).
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) takes off his "Hardened Military Helmet"<=Military Grade Armor (#6104, Item 2).
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "Second shot. I hate resisting Narcoject, too…":
1 2 2 3 5 5 7 11 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Karma Pool: 3 vs TN 9 for "Ow Ow Ow Ow - KP 4 used.":
1 1 3 3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Karma Pool: 3 vs TN 9 for "Ow Ow Ow Ow - KP 5":
1 1 1 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Target is down. Secure."

Once that happens, Slinger holsters his weapon, and then crouches down to pick up the other man, carefully — which should cause him to disappear from view.

Christian grabs at his neck where the two silent darts have lodged themselves, and looks over to see Slinger, a look of, 'Wtf?!' on his face right before he falls over. And then, poof! He's gone, as Slinger picks him up.
«BBoard» New message (ooc9/153) from Accelerate (#748) on Proposals: Confusion Suggestions.

Nate was wandering around into the next room as the message comes over the comms, ooo. He then looks around for Slinger instead, heh, or at least a residual heat signature.

«Plot» Page says, "Whatcha guys do with the body? (You've already got a troll in the trunk.)"

With that, Slinger grabs the guy, and heads out toward the vehicle outside. And pauses, concentrating, to erase his astral signatures anywhere he left them. The police may still be on their way. He's hurrying, but trying to cover his tracks. "Make sure you take care of any prints," he reminds Nate.

«Plot» Page says, "You guys aren't hearing any sirens off in the distance. All seems quiet."
«Plot» Slinger says, "I'm gonna carry him out to the SUV carefully, make sure he's snoozing quietly. This vehicle will hold four passengers plus troll."
«Plot» Slinger says, "And then we're heading back to the plot. If you want, unless something else happens, I have no problem fast-forwarding to that."
Darius jumped into the car as soon as he gets that message, and starts the engine waiting for the others to arrive.

Nate exits the house after news of body capture, taking Slinger's advice with a nod and he goes round back to the keypad, and spends a little time undoing his work and putting the casing back on and rubbing off any fingerprints before heading back to the car.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics vs TN 2 (to Page) for "Unhotwire the lock?":
1 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 2 (to Page) for "Put the casing back on.":
2 3 9 = 3 Successes
The lock is quickly fixed, signatures erased, and soon… *scooby-doo wiggly bit* You're back at the haunted plot of land. The shaman is still out cold.

Nate grins across at Slinger and Darius, "Let's carry him out to the spirit and wake him up." He immediately starts to get out of the SUV after making his suggestion.

Nate has disconnected.
Darius has disconnected.
Nate has connected.
Darius has connected.
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…

Slinger tilts his head. "You got any idea how to wake him up?" he asks, as he gets out as well… and is invisible, still. Invisible and levitating, which makes it easier to carry heavy people. His eyes slide over the heavy form of Christian, and he moves him out toward the area where we met the shaman before, bringing along his new 'friend'. Christian is going to be /so/ pissed…

Nate frowns at Slinger, "You don't have something that'll wake the kid up?" As he squelches across the ground, making noises with his footsteps again.

The ground isn't all that mucky this time. Seems the spirit is sparing you from that messiness… for whatever reason. The shadows /are/ much longer this late in the evening. That doesn't help with the spookiness one bit.
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 7 for "Mind Probe- Want to know if he called the cops first of all.":
1 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 3 for "Soaking S Drain":
1 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 = 6 Successes
Once the car is n Autonav, Darius leans into the back to place a palm on the man's forehead, closing his own eyes he delves into Christian's memories.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "The guy":
1 2 3 4 4 4 = 3 Successes
Darius frowns, and then sighs. "No good. Even unconscious he's somehow resisting me."
So back at the plot, dark and shadowy. When you reach the spot where the campfire was, there's nothing there. Not even a flattened spot of grass. But then the mist starts to rise again…

Nate looks to the others, "Well, this is it, uh, can we wake him up?"

"Well, he /is/ a spellcaster. We got lotsa willpower." To demonstrate, he lights up a cigarette, giving in to his addiction proudly. Of course, it's something he /chose/, not something forced on him. He carries the shaman there, and sits down with him, carefully. He of course made sure he's unarmed — no sense giving him a shotgun to use. "I don't know how he can wake up, except naturally. So we wait."

«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
1 1 1 3 4 7 = 2 Successes

Nate frowns, "You can't heal him or something? Hmmm. We got any water to splash on him then?" He sticks his hands in his pockets, damn mist.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
1 1 4 4 4 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 for "Complementary.":
1 2 4 8 = 2 Successes
The mages can just barely hear it - it starts out with silence, so total all you can hear is your own heartbeat, a low drumming, slowly growing in volume, and behind it, soft chanting in Navajo. First one voice, then several.

Slinger breathes a little more deeply, hoping that Christian will wake up soon. He doesn't have him tied — he can get up and wander off if he so chooses once the toxin wears off. Which should be shortly; Slinger checks his wrist-chrono.

Darius frowns a bit as he listens to the astral chanting. In a way, it could be worse. It's quite Ominous, though.
A breeze flutters through the mist, and then turns into a wind, a spiral of air, as the mist all focuses on Christian, flowing /into/ his body as the chanting reaches a crescendo. Just as it finishes, the last of the mist flowing in like a tornado, the chanting stops, and the shaman sits bolt upright with a gasp of breath.

Nate can't hear anything creepy, the entire place is just eerie as hell though, with the lengthening shadows. As the wind moves in he shrugs his shoulders down more, turning to watch the mist. He frowns some as it moves and he turns, watching it finally realising it was heading into their new shaman. "Oh man…"

The youth stares at Christian, watching the mist flow into him. "Oh, drek. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," he says, quietly, firmly, glancing around at the others. But he holds his ground, sitting where he is. Christian is going to be /really/ pissed…

Nate nods a little wide eyed to Slinger, "Uh maybe.. we should have let him wake up before we brought him here?"

Darius winces at the swirling mists and the wind, and he takes a step back. "I don't know whether it's him being pissed off or whatever the spirits here are doing to him that we should be more scared of."
Christian blinks a couple of times, looking off at the horizon. "I just the strangest dream," he mumbles, his eyes still a little glazed over.

Nate replies to Christian, "Probably wasn't a dream there mate." He's still ready to bolt for the SUV though, totally pised to spring.

Darius has disconnected.
Nate goes home.
Nate has left.
«Plot» Page says, "Riga is likely standing off rather nearby."
«Watchfor» Selerik (#3004) just connected to the game.
If she hadn'd made her hair a mohawk already, this would be the time her hair would be totally raised. What did those guys do now? She seems to think. But no word leaves her mouth.
Slinger says uncertaintly, off to the side, "Hey, omae - you… okay?"
Christian looks over at him and says - well, something in Navajo, sounds like. That can't be a good sign. Neither is the way that Slinger suddenly clutches his head and screams out loud.

Nate recoils away from both Christian and Slinger as he screams, "Oi mate, that ain't right! We're jus' trying to help!" He backs off a step more.

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
Riga ejects her live ammo from twin smgs and jams in gel ammo. She grumbles she should have done that long before. No need to kill that guy, even if he's possessed. Hopefully you /can/ stun such a strange mix…
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 3 (to no one) for "4+4 Reaction for possession!":
2 5 8
Christian glances over at Riga and says some more Navajo words, a glowing field abruptly suffusing his skin as he stands up from the ground slowly, almost as if stretching for the first time in hundreds of years.
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Initiative with a result of 13.

Nate frowns at Christian, "Hey! No need for any of this, we're trying to help get the flute back!" He turns to face Christian a bit more, finding some inner courage or something.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Initiative with a result of 18.
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
Riga grumbles, "Listen chum…I dun wanna start a fight here…but ya stop torturing our chummer. Or I will shoot…fer whateva dat's good…"
Darius shakes his head at Riga, and then lifts his hands, showing they are empty. "Please, we want to help. Ignore the troll, she's just frightened. We have no intention of harming you."
Riga frowns. She waits, waiting for the next step of that…mage/thing.
Christian wrinkles his nose, frowning, then lifts a hand, gesturing to Slinger. "Sleep," he says, this time in English, and Slinger falls over into a little whimpering ball. "There… the spirits cannot forgive his kind - but I can."

Nate sounds a little bewildered, "His kind? What, elves? I don't understand none of this." He lets some of the fight go out of his stance too.

Darius nods his head then, as Christian at least speaks English. "I understand." He says to him then, "Please, tell me how we can help. We cannot hope to right the wrongs of an entire people, but we may be able to ease the suffering of a few."
Riga grumbles, "Neither he nor any of us has done harm ter any injuns…I consider any further moves against any o' us an attack and I will act accordingly…ya git dat?", she says nervously.
Darius turns around, "Shut up, you idiot." He mutters to Riga.
"The white man," Christian replies. His voice has some strange overtones to it. It sounds like English enough, but… there's just something wrong about it, niggling at the edges of your subconscious. It's like the words are coming just before he actually starts to speak them. "We must obtain the flute."

Nate grimaces, "Uh, we coulda really used his help. Uhm, can't you get the flute Christian?" Nate tries the name, "You work there after all."

Darius nods his head then, "We had hoped this one would help us. He works where the Flute is. We plan to retreive it, but it is a dificult task. We had hoped by bringing him here, he would understand the plight of your people." He still assumes he's talking to the spirit, not the man.

Riga grumbles to herself, but she keeps her voice low so no one can get her words, she puts her smg's back into the holster, picking up those clips she ejected. Still watching the unfolding scene warily ready to draw her guns once more shit happens.

Christian looks over at Darius with hollow eyes. "No living being can understand what they have experienced." Yeah. Who's creepy now? Then he turns, and starts to walk off… towards the SUV.

Nate frowns at all this, "So uh, Christian is it?" He asks, a little nervously as he follows towards the SUV.

Riga has never been far from the SUV, having that spirit thing come closer is not really to her liking, she keeps a cautious distance.

And about this time, Slinger wakes up… with an absolutely massive headache. No overpowering sense of crushing what-man guilt, which is an improvement, though the effects of that still linger, and he slowly picks himself up off the ground. "Holy drek," the young mage groans — and checks to make sure all the important bits are intact. Foci? Check. Magic rating? Check. Various pieces of anatomy… ah, yes. Check. He sits up, staring over at Christian. "What… the hell happened?" He reaches into a pocket, looking for his keys.

Keys… yep, keys are still there. Christian replies to Nate, "Call me what you wish." Then he pauses, looking back over his shoulder at Slinger. "Are you coming or not?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm comin'," the youth comments, muttering. "Um… who /are/ you?" he asks. "Are you Christian, or are you the spirit, or are you some kinda amalgam of both?" he wants to know. "'Cause if it's either of those last two, we gotta talk. We want to get you that flute back, but we brought Christian out here to help, to translate, maybe, not to be turned into some kinda killin' machine that's gonna go through the museum on a killin' rampage."

Nate lets Slinger take over handling the spirit, h was way out of his depth here, he just slinks around to the passenger side door again, making to get in there.

«Watchfor» Aladriel (#604) just disconnected from the game.
Darius heads to the car, taking his own seat. He has a very, very bad feeling about this. "Quite right. We'd hoped to avoid killing at all, if possible." He tells the Spirit.
Riga just enters her cargo space again, silently grumbling. She doen#t seem to like the situation, but heck, those are the mages. Let /them/ play with fire and hope you get not burned as well.
Christian replies, "No one need die. All we need is the flute." You might start to get the impression that when he's talking about 'we' he's speaking of the 'we' in his head… not in regards to the people standing around him.

Slinger nods. "Right. And Christian… that guy you took over… look. He's a nice guy. He's a nice guy we drug into this, and I'd really rather he didn't get screwed over out of this deal. We want everybody to finish this happy — or at least… well, satisfied." The mage reaches for his cigarettes and lights one up — he /needs/ a smoke right now. "So… thing is, we can probably get that flute, if we can get into the building. Christian knows how to do that. S'all we're interested in, too. For you."

Darius nods his head. "All we need is the doors open, and we can do the rest. No need to endanger this man's livelyhood for… atrocities comitted long ago."

Nate keeps his mouth shut during all this, just strapping himself in and not getting involved with this bargaining with, whatever that is.

Christian eyes Slinger, his eyes dark and narrow, and then thumps the side of the SUV with a hand. "You gonna open this or what?" he asks. Patience, it seems, is not among these spirits virtue.
Riga is about locked up in that compartment, waiting patiently.

"Yeah. Considering that this man's /job/ is teaching the white man about what happened, and why it must never happen again. It's his job, his passion. He loves it — you could see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice." Slinger is passionate about this. At the question, he scowls, and shakes his head. "No, I'm not. Not until I have those assurances. You have what you want. We want to help you get it, but it's a long walk there. And I will zot you if I have to. You wanna work with us or against us?" he asks, stepping toward the vehicle. Moving toward the street, outside the spirit's 'domain', though that's unlikely to actually help in this case.

Nate just hangs out on the passenger side of the car, waiting for doors to be unlocked and such, not really knowing what to do with spiritChristian.

Christian eyes Slinger for a few more moments, still glaring, but then folds his arms. "That stubbornness is what caused this in the first place. You have your own choices to make… if that is what you choose, then you tell me how we can obtain the flute."

Slinger purses his lips, takes a drag of cigarette smoke. "You should be grateful for my stubbornness. Because without it, I would have walked away from this situation. I woulda walked away when none of us spoke your language; I wouldn't have risked my ass with a Mind Link to find out what you wanted. How much of Christian's knowledge do you have?" he asks, and glances to the others, and releases the doors on the SUV.

Nate nods to the legion inside Christian's head. "We just need in after work tomorrow or something like that." He refrains from calling the spirit 'mate' and then opens the door of the SUV, hopping into the seat.

"Don't think the spirit wants to wait that long," the youth points out. "I think this is a 'now' sort of thing. I don't object to invising people. Or stunbolting people if needed. You got Concealment?" Slinger asks the spirit, drawing upon his knowledge of spirit lore. "We can use that. Get into the building… past some of the cameras and stuff… I invis people, stealth, electronics, get into the case, grab flute, get back out. You got the flute, we put it back where it belongs, balance is restored, Christian gets pissed at us as hell because he didn't get any sleep but he keeps his job." He glances up. "Any other suggestions?"

"Enough," Christian says shortly to Slinger, hopping into the SUV. "We could walk into the museum ourselves without threat." He glances over at Slinger again. "The problem there?"

Slinger considers that. "How does Christian explain it tomorrow when he shows up for work and gets arrested for that?" he asks quietly. "How are you going to get past the alarms on the case? You open it, alarms go off, people come running, you get trapped in there. Bad things."

Slinger pauses. "Let me ask something /really/ silly. Okay. But just hear me out. Right now, that flute… is there in the museum. People — the descendents of your people, white people, all sorts of people, they can come look at it, and see the wonders of your culture. See who you were, and who you have become. It helps… to make sure what happened before gets remembered, that they did not die in vain. It is a lesson of history. Perhaps… perhaps it can stay where it is. Just something to consider."

"That does not matter," Christian replies calmly. "What matters is the flute. You should not weigh the life of a single person against the voices of thousands." Yep, he seems pretty much totally unconcerned about current events.

Nate shuts up after the point about not wanting to wait, he sits in his seat, buckles up and listens intently to the conversation.

"Yes, it /does/ matter," Slinger shoots back. "The voices of thousands matter as well." He glances over to Darius, looking for a little help. "Look. Here's my plan. You Conceal the team. I make Christian invisible. Darius, if you can make yourself invisible, that would help, maybe one other person. Nate can help us get past security, or I can, either way, but I'm gonna be sustaining spells. Christian knows where the security systems are, we can avoid most of them, bypass those we can't. In and out, quiet and undetected. Nobody loses their job." He pauses. "Or Christian calls in later, claiming he was possessed by a spirit, which was the absolute truth, and please don't fire him. I like the first idea better." Eyes move to the others. Little help here?

Riga had only a little gap left to look out, "I'd suggest followin' da chummers route…he's willin' ter help git ya flute back…as are all o' us…a lil' bit commin' alon our way won't hurt or will it?", she says her voice clearly showing her discomfort.
Darius nods his head then, "Ultimately, causing more suffering does not repair the suffering already caused. This man is Sympathetic to your people, as many, many white men are now. Do you really want to cause harm to those that support your people? Who want to see a better future for them?" he asks Christian-Ghost then.

Nate nods to Slinger and Christian, "I got no problem with popping open locks and such for the greater good, rather not get this guy Christian in trouble though. Sounds like the Elfs got a good idea."

Christian shrugs his shoulders noncommittally. "Fine," he says. "That sounds good." He still doesn't sound terribly enthusiastic, though.
Darius adds, "I do not posess the invisibility spell, though."

Slinger nods thoughtfully. "We'll have to see if Concealment can do it," the youth agrees. He unlocks the doors of the SUV again, then nods to the spirit. "Hop in," he invites. "But I ain't gonna let two-hundred year old spirits of ancestors drive. My insurance would have a fit," he smirks.
He starts the massive engine of the SUV, and waits for everyone to lock and load. "Let's hope your Concealment is powerful enough to block the camera. Everybody got masks or something like that?"

Nate scowls, "I do, but I didn't bring all my gear with me, I didn't expect we'd be doing everything right here and now." He grumbles quietly to himself.

Riga shrugs, "I'm goin' ter surgery some time soon anyway…need ter git rid o' da tatoo stuff, kin git a new face inna process as well…"
Darius nods his head, "I could remain out here to drive get-away, perhaps maintain a shapeshift spell from outside. I ama fraid I am not the most stealthy of people."
Christian replies, "I do not have need of a mask." He's sitting there and looking straight forward off into the horizon. "Let's get going."

"Right." He puts the car into Drive, buckles in, and takes off for the place. "This is gonna suck," he predicts. "No Concealment?" he asks the spirit, for confirmation. He is still formulating plans.. and it's starting to very much look like he is going to have to wing it. "You sure? That'd make this a /lot/ easier," he points out. He sets a course for the museum.

"Other spirits will help us," Christian replies. "They shall provide." He seems pretty confident on that score. The question being, of course, just how far you can trust a spirit possessing a security guard.

Well, we kind of have to. "Well, might wanna ask a buddy to Conceal the vehicle as we approach. Cameras let them know we're coming if not, and I can't make the car invisible. Even if that was safe," the youth points out. "Which it generally isn't. Autonavs tend to plow right into you. Not fun."
He makes the requisite turns to head to the Museum, approaching the target — and praying. He has the windows at maximum tint, which should, at least, hide our faces.

Christian comments, "Pull up on the south side of the building; the camera there has not been repaired in some time."

Nate is definately on edge a little more now as they approach the museum, "This could become such a clusterfuck," he mumbles to himself while checking his electronics kit was still situated firmly on him.

Those words send a huge sigh of relief through the young mage-elf, as he lights up a cigarette, sucking it down quickly. Energizing his magic, he would say — though he would have to admit that now his addiction is tied into his ability, if pressed. He has the window cracked, at least, to avoid polluting the air too much. And he obligingly avoids approaching the building until he has swing around to the south side. The sigh of relief? Because apparently, Christian's knowledge is available, and that will make this possible.

«Watchfor» Selerik (#3004) just disconnected from the game.
Riga is silently grumbling and preparing for the worst case, she puts her swords on her back and readies her guns with gel ammo. There is hopefully no need to use all that, but she is not going on a steal like that without her weapons now.
By the time you guys get to the building, it's pushing 9pm or so. Lights are mostly out, though the front courtyard is still quite well-lit. The south side also has lights, and a camera aimed at the door. If Christian is speaking properly, then that should pose no obstacle. Once the SUV stops, he opens the vehicle's door calmly, striding over towards the entrance.
Darius nods solemnly at Nate, but simply prepares himself, checking his gun, loaded with Gel ammo. He has his monowhip stowed. Hard to be non-lethal with a monomolecular whip designed to cut through bone like it's paper. "So would you like me to stay with the car or come in? I can't cast invisibility."

Slinger, though, takes the precaution of powering up — invisibility on himself, levitation, additional reflexes, more armor. He would /like/ time to put on his milspec, but that'll have to wait. For now, trenchcoat and form-fit it is. "Suit up, lock and load," the youth says firmly. "Darius, you waiting out here, or goin' in?" he asks, leaving the engine running for now, though the lights are off.

Nate hops out of the SUV and reflexively attempts to be stealthy, his footsteps making no noise as he makes himself shorter with a slight crouch thing going on. He's aware of the illogical nature of trying to stealth in a brightly lit area, it's just his nature. He slinks out around the SUV, wearing nothing but his fine clothes.

Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Check."
Riga says, "I got no crypt…I'm glad i could git simply a radio…"

Nate decided earlier to strap on the mic for this radio set too, despite not wanting to use it, he gives Slinger a thumbs up rather than reply over the waves.

There's a card-reader next to the door. This doesn't stop Christian any - he just swipes his card and the thing unlocks. Without pause, he heads inside, giving the door just enough of a push that you guys can catch up before it closes again.
Riga jumps over to keep that door open for the other.

Nate jogs a bit to catch the door before it closes, but Riga beats him to it, "Well shit, there goes Christians job." He mutters to himself as he slips in through the door and scans the next room, where did Christian go?

"Drek," Slinger says, with a low mutter. "That's gonna leave a record." He curses under his breath, glances around to the others, hurries to catch that door. Invisimage sneaks inside, alert to threats both astral and physical. Mostly physical, though. He ponders how to cover for that, though. "I got a decker who can maybe hide that trail." He glances at his wrist-chrono, making a note of the time, while he floats inside, moving upward toward the ceiling if possible.

Christian is standing just inside, waiting for the rest of you to file in before he speaks to the air in Navajo. "There," he says quietly. "We will be hidden from watching eyes. Shall we go on, then?"

Nate straightens up a little, "Uh, what about sound and pressure sensors though? Motion detectors?" He raises his point very quietly while looking around to figure out where in the museum they are.

Riga just moves inside, her huling frame better not take some attention on the outside.
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence:
3 4 4 4 5 5

Slinger shakes his head. "Concealment is the bomb. It affects everything. Try not to walk, try to stay quiet," he says calmly, following behind the spirit. He stays low, but wary. And takes the moment to send a quick message to Remi, his decker contact. Indicating the location, time, and date… and asking him to, if possible, wipe traces of our passage. He offers a price of 5,000 =Y= along with his message, along with a description of the location of the door. Actually, if Remi can, after the fact, arrange an accidental datawipe of all the security footage and records, so much the better… crashes suck.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Etiquette for "Not sure an availability. Roll to see if I can get Remi to do this.":
1 1 1 4 5
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Etiquette for "Not sure an availability. Roll to see if I can get Remi to do this, KP ../25.":
2 5 7 15 20
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "Remi tosses you a text saying, 'NP!'"
Christiam proceeds on ahead, then, leading the way through the side corridor to another door. This one has no cardreader, and leas out into the main atrium on the ground level. Has anyone ever been in a museum at night before, when no one is around and the lighting is all off? It's …. creepy.

The question, of course, is whether it's creepier than Slinger and Darius. Slinger stays floating up above, eyeing things — and watching out for any astral mages who might be scoping us out. Concealment is a nice, powerful thing… but it's not perfect. There's still always that chance. He would give directions, but Christian, well, works there. And knows all about it.

Riga has been on the 'Rens street alone when the ghouls where out, this is walk in the park compared…aside from that spook ahead.

Nate is feeling pretty creeped out by this whole affair. Being hidden from prying eyes and following a legion of spirirts in some guys head around a museum at night. It's just freaky. But, thirty five kays worth of motivation keeps Nate going.

Yep, there's no mages or spirits hanging around on the astral - other than the obvious. It's also /slightly/ easier to see the hearth spirit protecting you guys on the astral, but still pretty hard.
Christian leads onwards, turning to the left and then heading up the stairs to the second level, not bothering much with stealth, or concealment, or any of that - but then, he works there.
So far, you guys haven't seen a single security guard.
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Stealth (to Page):
1 2 3 5 5 7

Slinger isn't motivated /that/ much by the money. He's motivated by loyalties. He follows the spirit along, trusting in others to provide some modicum of concealment for the group, while he stays back and up… and stays as quiet as possible. Soon, he'll have to learn that spell… and then probably initiate again… his estimates say that would put him where he needs to be, for now.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 1 2 11

Nate keeps his wits about him and at least attempts stealth, despite Christian not doing so, he follows him carefully, even so far as to place his feet where Christian treads, you just never know.

Riga stealth? Riga? Not really two words fitting together. She keeps her eyes open and just follows the guy as good as she can, trying strealth…well, what /she/ calls stealth.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 (to no one) for "Security guards watching cameras, etc.":
1 3 4 5
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Quickness for "stealth?":
4 4 4 5 7
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Quickness for "stealth?(KP:1)":
1 2 3 11 14
«Watchfor» Selerik (#3004) just connected to the game.
You could practically hear a pin drop in all this. Christian walks past two of the exhibits there, and into the second level atruim. There, sitting out at one of the tables, is a security guard, reading a book. Glancing up, he sees Christian there and nearly spills his coffee. "Jesus, you nearly gave me a heart attack! What're you doing here?"
Christian replies nonchalantly, "Just checking out a few things off-duty. That's okay, isn't it?" He then looks the guard over amusedly and remarks, "Say, aren't you supposed to be patrolling the grounds?"
"Well, uh, yeah, but… uh… yeah." The guard somewhat guiltily gets up, grabbing his coffee.
«BBoard» New message (team1/4) from Krasivy (#8633) on Team Recruitment: Seeking….

Slinger watches the guard depart, nice and invisible and floaty and stealthy. And floats after him a little bit. Sneaky elf. Once there, he sends out a spell toward the guard… keeping him in line of sight for the duration. And twiddles his memory, making sure that the man will /forget/ this little encounter.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Filtering, BG count is 3 if I remember right.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Alter memory, TN is willpower. F6.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 8 9 9 9 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 vs TN 6:
3 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "F6, D drain, 3D drain.":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 = 8 Successes

Once that's done, Slinger spends a few moments erasing his astral signature. He needs to be very careful, because this /will/ be investigated.

Nate just keeps himself shut up when Christian interacts with the guard, and tries to be quiet and as small as a mouse. Then he follows Christian again, carefully.

Riga just follows as silently as her large frame allows. She is truly surprised she was not seen this far.
The guard shuffles past the well-hidden group, heading downstairs to go resume his patrols. Yep, it's all just in a day's job. What mages?

Slinger eyes the guy, then turns and heads back the way he came. He left the guard without any memory of Christian, but instead with a vague niggling doubt that he should be performing rounds rather than reading the paper.

«Plot» Slinger says, "Slinger also appends, based on the map, the that guy should start his patrol somewhere else… say, upstairs somewhere, out of the way. Or downstairs."
«Plot» Page says, "He's headed outside, to the large grounds behind the Museum."

Nate watches the guard head past, noting that spirits can be devious. He lets the guard slip by before resuming movement.

Christian watches the guard walk off, then turns the corner, heading into the Native American exhibit.

And… we're here. He's relying on the Confusion power, he knows. "You wanna get the case?" Slinger whispers to Nate. "Or you want me to?" He keeps his voice low, scowling at the No Smoking sign. If it weren't for the fact it'd show up on camera, he's light one. Mutter.

Riga moves after the shaman/spirit thingy. Warily looking around, feeling a bit like watching a crazy trid show. Thing is she is not sitting on her cozy sofa, but walking through a museum following a magic…thingy.

Nate nods to an invisible whispering Slinger, heading towards the flute case and trying to avoid the security measures he spotted earlier, his hands slipping to his electronics kit to pull it out and get to work popping this thing. Stepping around the possessed Christian if he can.

Darius meanwhile, keeps the engine running in the car, and the lights off. He glances out of the windows once more, just to make sure that there's not something dramatically bad going on.
Christian pauses just before the case. His hands twitch a bit, as if he wants to just take hold of the case and throw it aside, but he stops there, and waits for Nate to Do His Thing (tm).

Nate gets his kit out and then pauses, examining the case one more time, since this was shut time and there could be extra security. He glances at Christian, "Know if there are any serious alarms I should know about here?" Then he turns back and starts doing His Thing (tm).

Christian comments tersely, "Capacitance trigger on the case if it's lifted. Pressure sensor on the flute's carrier itself."

Nate pauses and then gives Christian an eyebrow quirked look, "Capacitance what?! Drek." He mumbles the last to himself and works on finding an actual lock on the case, it's obvious right? Things like this have big obvious locks, Nate hopes.

Riga just keeps being the lokout.
«Plot» Page says, "It's not big, it's not too obvious, but microscopic vision makes it a lot easier. Defusing the case will be TN 4."
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 4 for "Ack":
4 5 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics vs TN 4 for "Ack again?":
3 3 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics - 1 vs TN 4 for "Ack again? KP1":
4 11 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Page says, "It takes you just under a minute to get the sensors fooled into thinking everything is jussst fine."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Just for assurance, can others glance over, make sure nobody missed anything?"

Nate gets to work after figuring out just where this definately not obvious at all lock was. His tools click as he works away at opening this tiny thing up and then fooling into not knowing about fiddling with the bits and bobs in there. "Uh, about the pressure pad?"

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence for "Riga got no idea, but as she is here, she can look":
1 1 1 11
«Plot» Page says, "Sure, gimme perception rolls. TN 8."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Electronics or Electronics B/R complementary?"
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8:
1 4 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "KP 2/25.":
2 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "KP 4/25.":
2 3 4 4 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "KP 7/25.":
1 2 2 2 7 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Page says, "Riga and Slinger notice a camera out in the corner. Shouldn't have any problem there, you don't think."

Slinger glances up, notices the camera. While it may not notice /us/, it might very well notice the glass case being opened, or the flute being removed. So Slinger deals with that…

Riga frowns, "Smile…we're on camera…"
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Filtering against background count.":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Trid Phantasm, F5, TN is base of 4. Creating an illusion of the room as it is — minus people, of course… specifically for the camera's benefit.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 9 10 10 11 11 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "F5, +1D, 3D drain.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 10 = 7 Successes

"Got it," Slinger says, very quietly, while he watches from above.

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Looks clear. Hit it."

Nate pops the case open, now it was all defused and not at all suspicious of them and peers at the flute itself, he scratches his head a bit, "Is it off? I think it's off too. You want the flute Christian?" He asks, turning to the young white man coyote shaman.

And Christian - being the possessed spirit that he is, reaches out for the flute.
And Christian - being the possessed spirit that he is, reaches out for the flute. You can hear the Navajo chanting coming back again, this time even Nate can hear it a bit. He picks the flute up, holds it above his head… and the mists come back, swirling out of him… and into the flute.

Nate frowns at the chanting in his head, "Uh," and then the flute takes in all the mists. "Oh that is -not- good.

"

Slinger keeps an eye on the astral. The /last/ thing he wants is for the concealing spirit to fade away as the spirit goes back into its resting place. "Put the case back on," Slinger says quietly, preparing already for our exit from the place, scouting out our return path, already preparing for a fast departure. And he takes a few seconds to clean up his astral signature from the casting of his illusion.

Nate wakes up a bit after Slinger tells him to put the case back together. "Uh right." He turns to the case and then frowns, "There's no weight on the pressure sensor, I can't fix it now."

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering against sustaining penalty.":
2 3 5 5 9 11 = 6 Successes
Riga blinks, goosebumps all over her body again. "I'd say we'd better leave 'ere qick…"
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) vs TN 5 for "Erasing signature. 5 successes needed to erase entirely.":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 9 vs TN 5 for "KP… 11/25, I think.":
2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 for "Resisting drain. (Force) L… 5L, +2 sustaining penalty.":
1 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Slinger says, "Takes 5 complex actions. Slinger has basically 2 per turn, so 3 combat turns."

Nate frowns some and then shakes his head, "No wait, it's ok, nevermind." He gets to work putting things back together.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 4 for "Put it back together again.":
2 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R - 2 vs TN 4 for "Put it back together again. KP2":
9 = 1 Success
Darius is a patient man, but he's gotten a little bored in the car. This is a good thing, because it means that everything is going well.
It takes perhaps ten seconds for the last of the mist to flow out into the flute. Leaving Christian standing there dramatically, flute in upraised hand, looking up at it. He … blinks a couple times. And then says, eloquently, "Hunh?"

Nate works hard at putting things back together, he's got no time to interact with Christian right now.

Slinger swoops down, though still invisible. "It's okay," he says calmly, reassuringly. "Don't freak. How much you remember, omae?" the youth asks, from nearby — not /right/ in his ear, by any means. "We just gotta get out of here, get that flute back where it belongs."

Christian looks around for a moment before swapping his vision to the astral. "Who the heck are you?! What am I doing here?!!" And then back to the flute in his hand, before letting out a little yelp and dropping it onto the floor.
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Reaction:
1 3 5 8
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Reaction:
2 3 3 5 10
«Plot» Page says, "Yeah, dogpile on the flute, eh? ;) Slinger managed to stop himself before being crushed by a troll diving for it."

Nate finishes up getting the case put back together and jumps up into Christians face "Shut the hell up man," he snarls through gritted teeth, "we need to get out of here, then we can explain it to you." Then he's back down, gathering up his tools and brushing off anything he thinks he might have touched.

You paged Slinger with 'You got Spell Defense on everybody, right?'.

Slinger winces. "Yeah, you don't remember shit," the youth agrees quietly. "Spirit of ancestors recognized kindred spirit of coyote in you, took over your body to recover an ancient artifact. Now we gotta get out of here, get it back. We'll talk later. Stay calm, and you'll still have your job and everything'll be fine, 'k? We're tryin' to help."

Slinger pages: I do, yeah.
«Plot» Page says, "So Christian is zotting Nate. Nate - what is your Willpower?"
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) has the Attribute Willpower with the value '5'.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 8 for "Christian's Spellcasting - Manabolt F6.":
2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "Spellcasting Drain - 5S.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "Spellcasting Drain - 5S. 1 KP":
1 2 3 4 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Spellcasting Drain - 5S. 3 KP":
3 5 5 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "Slinger, spell defense…":
2 3 4 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "KP 12/25.":
1 2 2 5 26 = 1 Success
Slinger has disconnected.
«Watchfor» Slinger (#69) just disconnected from the game.
Slinger has connected.
«Watchfor» Slinger (#69) just connected to the game.
"You're thieves!" Christian exclaims, and hits Nate with a manabolt, the best he can manage at the moment. Yeah… that didn't work so well against Slinger's spell defense. Just slides right off.
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Page says, "He's alarmed!"

Nate gets on with what he was doing, collecting tools and brushing off fingerprints without even realising what went on.

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Brawling vs TN 4 for "Right hook for the deranged shaman (that will calm him down.)":
1 2 3 3 4 9 = 2 Successes

Slinger has his narcoject out, aimed right at the young mage. "Frag. Don't wanna carry him," he mutters. But he pulls the trigger. Dammit! Not much fun.

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Brawling vs TN 4 for "Right hook for the deranged shaman (that will calm him down.)(KP:1)":
1 3 4 8 11 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Brawling - 2 vs TN 4 for "Right hook for the deranged shaman (that will calm him down.)(KP:1)":
3 4 4 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 3 + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "OMG Troll":
2 2 2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 3 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "OMG Troll KP 2":
1 2 2 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) has the Attribute Strength with the value '8'.
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "Soaking S stun here":
4 4 4 5 8 13 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 3 vs TN 5 for "KP 3!":
1 3 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 2 for "Any reason it's not TN 2?":
1 1 1 4 4 5 7 8 9 10 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "Dodging?":
1 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 8 for "Mommy!":
1 2 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 8 for "Mommy! KP 4":
1 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) uses 3 of item 2: Narcojet Ammunition from Narcoject Pistol (#479).
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 8 for "Mommy! KP 6":
1 1 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering against sustaining… filtering is still active as well.":
1 1 2 2 2 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) vs TN 6 for "Eliminating Christian's astral sig from that spellcasting.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 11 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 11 vs TN 6 for "KP 13/25.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 10 vs TN 6 for "KP 15/25.":
1 1 2 2 4 5 5 7 11 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Slinger says, "Signature gone. Takes 3 combat turns, roughly."
«Plot» Page says, "And now you guys just need to sneak out. With the guy in tow. And the flute."
«Plot» Page says, "Oddly enough, you still seem to be Concealed."
Riga packs Christian onto her shoulder. he's a mage, but only human. she hands the flute to slinger.

Slinger's gaze moves to Riga. "All right. Can you carry him? He don't look that big," the youth asks quickly. "Let's motor. Fast." And back out the way we came, with Slinger floating on ahead, in the lead, sustaining the illusion spell as long as possible as he travels.

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Quickness for "Sneaky again?":
2 2 3 3 5

Nate gets his shit stowed away in his pants again and moves to folow behind the others, staying sharp, but not talking for the trip out.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Stealth:
2 5 5 5 8 16
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Quickness for "Sneaky again?(KP: 3/3)":
1 3 3 3 5
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 2 5 5
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 (to no one) for "Sneaky trolls are… not so sneaky carrying bodies.":
2 4 4 9
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "KP 16/25.":
1 2 4 7
«Plot» Page says, "You guys make it down to the atrium without incident. And then - Perception rolls."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Slinger is scouting ahead, by the way…"
«Auto-Judge» Darius (#9060) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 3 4 11
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "+2 for sustaining.":
1 3 3 3 4 4
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "+2 for sustaining. KP 17/25.":
2 2 3 3 5 11
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Intelligence:
4 5 5 8 9 16
«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence:
4 5 5 9
«Plot» Page says, "So Nate, you're heading down behind Slinger when you hear a Radio going *squawk* in front of you. Sounds like some security guard is walking back over towards the stairs from outside again."
«Plot» Page says, "Slinger notices him some seconds later."

Nate skids to a stop as he hears the radio squawk and then ducks for the nearest bit of cover, silently hiding to the best of his ability.

Nate seems to be pretty well hidden. But Slinger will take no chances with the troll…

Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Don't move…"
Rigafreezes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering vs TN 3 for "Centering against sustaining penalty…":
1 1 3 4 5 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Improved Invis, F6, just to be sure… TN is 4 base.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 7 8 8 = 7 Successes
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "F6, +1M, 6M drain.":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls 9 vs TN 6 for "KP 17/25.":
1 2 3 4 4 4 7 7 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Page (#1269) rolls 4 vs TN 15 (to no one) for "Guard Percep":
1 1 1 3 = 0 Successes
The guard, meanwhile, walks past you guys in the Atrium, sipping his coffee as he heads up the stairs you guys just walked down from. "No, nothing yet," he says into his radio, sounding vaguely annoyed.

That's a good thing, Slinger thinks. He waits for the guard to pass by, and then continues scouting ahead toward the exit. Should be possible to get /out/ without sounding alarms, right? Especially with an electronics check? And for now — he'll hold the invisibility on Riga, gritting his teeth against the effort.

Annnd over to the side passageway door - oh, wait. The door has a cardreader on /this/ side. Fraggitall.
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger groans. "Cardreader. You're up, omae," he mutters, referring to Nate.
Commlink-Riga> Riga says, "Why not take da chummers carda gain?"

Nate slinks forwards, considers Christians card and then frowns, shaking his head. He heads up to the reader and gets his kit out.

«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 2:
2 3 3 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics vs TN 4:
1 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics vs TN 4 for "KP2":
3 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics - 2 vs TN 4 for "KP4":
3 = 0 Successes
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Because I'm an idiot. Already made arrangements to have their security logs here wiped."
Riga scratches her head, not saying anything to that.
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "In other words, I didn't think of it…"
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "But he's almost got it, and this way, they might not notice upstairs…"
«Plot» Page says, "It takes him almost a minute. The seconds drag out…."

Nate sticks his tongue out a little as he concentrates on popping this damn lock, it gives a little more trouble than the previous ones.

Riga just shrugs, waiting impatiently to go out she is quite nervous and her free hand serveral times jumps to her gun as time drags out.
«Plot» Slinger is still sustaining the illusion upstairs, so everything looks normal.
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "Get his card out, just in case… if we have to move fast."

Nate finally gets it, the lock pops open and the door is released, he pushes one hand to open it, sticking a foot in the doorway to prevent it closing as he rejiggers the case back onto the lock now.

«Auto-Judge» Riga (#1943) rolls Intelligence for "Where did he put that card?":
2 4 4 4
«Plot» Page says, "So, yeah, Riga finds the card just as Nate gets the door jimmied."
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 2 for "Back together again":
1 4 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Nate (#10554) rolls Electronics B/R - 2 vs TN 2 for "Back together again KP5":
4 = 1 Success
As Nate gets the thing put back together, the door to the outside doesn't have a cardreader. So you all manage to sneak back out of the building again. Well, Darius can see Nate, anyway. If he's not being Uber-ninja.
Riga pats around the unconcious body, then grumbles as the door opens just as she has the damn card. that doesn't hinder her from going out as quick as she can though
«Plot» Page says, "At this point, you guys can pretty much get away. You haven't set off any alarms, you can put this guy back in his house pretty easily. Only question is when Slinger drops the Trid illusion of the phantom flute. :)"

Nate mumbles too, "Watch me foot," as Riga steps out, Slinger was floating, so no worries there. He focuses on getting the lock back together, taking him to over a minute crouched in front of this door, not good. He starts to sweat a little. Finally it's all together again and he sets off after the others to get in the car, letting the door close on it's own behind him.

Riga for a slit second considers squatting on that foot just for this comments sake but the considers a yammering comrade not a good idea on a stealthy mission. Still the thought makes her grin shortly.

Slinger glances behind him, and then heads out to the vehicle. Climbs in, after opening the trunk for Riga. He'll let Darius drive this time — Slinger is still maintaining one of the spells, dropping the one on the troll once she's inside. "All right. Let's get the flute back, and I'd like for Christian to be awake for that. He's gonna be pissed… but I need to figure out if we have to wipe his memory."

Nate jumps into the SUV, electronics kit still in hand and buckles up. "Whew, that was eye opening," he breathes a little heavily and settles in fro the ride, "Whatever you say."

Darius is sitting in the driver's seat then, and waits for everyone to get in. He's kept the engine warm, so no worries about that, he's even set the Autonav for somewhere… Else.

Nate wonders, "Could we not give the flute back now? The spirits are in it, job done right?" He glances around at the others.

«Plot» Page says, "Field takes about 15 minutes to get out to."
«Nom System» Nomination for Riga registered. You have used 1 nom this week.
«Nom System» Nomination for Darius registered. You have used 2 noms this week.
«Nom System» Nomination for Nate registered. You have used 3 noms this week.
«Nom System» Nomination for Slinger registered. You have used 4 noms this week.
To (Darius, Nate, Page), Riga pages: I already have monday…

Slinger lights up a cigarette, takes a thick, deep drag. That tastes nice. He leans back in the seat, and sends a message to Remi. « Now. » is the text of the message. And that done, he exhales from his nostrils, glances back at Sleeping Beauty. "He's gonna get hooked on Narcoject at this rate," the youth mutters. "I want him there for it. Maybe he'l be less likely to zot us or shoot us or turn us in if he sees what we're doing with it.

«Plot» Page says, "So you guys take him back out to the field with the flute and…. absolutely nothing dramatic happens. The background count has gone away, too."

Nate huhs at the rather peaceful seeming plot of land, "I say give it back to the museum, Leave a message about security checks and finding them lacking or something and get the hell outta here." He voices his choice to the cool night air.

Riga chuckles, "Well…dat's how i like a little piece o' undevelopped areal. Quiet, no blood blood onna floor and no unnutural fogs…"

Slinger sighs, and waits for the young man to wake up. Meanwhile, he builds a small caern of stones, a shrine that he hopes will be appropriate, and will sustain and protect it for now, though maybe Christian will help with that.

«Plot» Slinger says, "Spell defense on all of us, by the way."
«Plot» Page says, "Christian tries to zot you guys when he wakes up again. And fails."
Darius frowns a bit, at Nate's suggestion. "It makes a lot of sense, seems like the spirit calmed down once it reunited with this flute." He comments. "Still… I don't want to have to do this AGAIN in a few weeks time."

Nate glances at the rest and shrugs, "Whatchoo guys wanna do? Bury a nearly priceless artifact where a house can get built on it?"

Slinger also has his Physical Mask active. "Now cut that out," the youth scowls, as he feels Christian testing his energies. "Look. We gotta figure out how all this is gonna fall out. The artifact is back in its resting place, and everybody's tracks are covered. I could use your help, actually, building a shrine to protect it, or whatever would be appropriate. Or you can sit there and stubbornly try to zot us again, and I can knock you out again and take your memory. I don't wanna do that. But it's your choice."

«Plot» Page says, "Hmmm. Ok.. so now he's summoning a field spirit. :D"
«Plot» Slinger says, "Slinger will wave a hand and have his elementals keep it trapped and hopefully at bay."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Or just nuke it."
«Plot» Page says, "Nuked."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) uses 2 of item 2: Air Elemental F6 services from Elementals (#2083).
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) uses 2 of item 3: Water Elemental F6 services from Elementals (#2083).
«Plot» Page says, "He's also probably ranting about you guys and thieves and etc."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Control Emotions to calm him down?"
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering.":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 9 10 10 = 12 Successes

Nate turns on Christian, "Oh shut the frag up man. What are you a moron? We took an ancient artifact back to its people, otherwise those angry spirits were gonna start hurtin' people!"

Christian says, "It /belongs/ in a /museum/!"

Nate frowns at Christian, "Why does it? Did the museum make it? No. They'll be recompensed for it by the insurance. Shut up."

"No, it belongs where the spirits of the dead want it," Slinger shoots back. "Look. The spirit what possessed you was badass. I'm guessing about Force 12. If it comes down to pissing you off, or pissing it off, I'm gonna piss you off, and sorry to say that. The thing was /nasty/. Take a minute and assense that flute right now, and tell me what you think. If you want to take it, then you get to take it, yourself, and risk its wrath. /I/ don't advise it!"

«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…

Slinger sighs. "Damn. Was hopin' to hang out sometime. You seem cool. But this is the way it gotta be. I've made sure your job is safe, so… close your eyes. You're gonna take a nap, now, 'k?" And unless Christian does something nice and drastic, he lifts a finger and this time, uses Stunbolt. With enough power behind it that Christian, in his weakened state, is going to find it hard to resist. Once he's safely asleep, Slinger sends Nate off with the SUV to take him back home and put him to bed. After, that is, Slinger reaches into the young guard's memory and carefully edits out the events of tonight. Nope, he came home, ate cookies… watched Trid for a while, then fell asleep on the couch.

That done, Slinger calls Page.

«Plot» Page says, "Woo, Page wires cash over, etc."

Nate drives things around and deposits li'l Christian at home and such.

Slinger relates the story of what happened. "Instructions on how I can protect this flute? 'Cause I figure it needs a shrine or something. Christian, though… man, poor guy. Sent him to bed with nice memories of a lazy evening watchin' trid. So what do we do about this flute?"

«Plot» Page says, "Page will take care of the whole shrine thing in the construction."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License