Hook Line And Sinker
GM: Savannah
Players: Air, Victoria, Vollo
Synopsis: Runners are hired to exterminate the Hooks.
Date: December 15, 2072

«Plot» Savannah says, "Alright, hello and welcome to my run. My rules are very simple: Have fun, don't argue rulings (if unhappy there is the appeal queue), and have fun. I'll need consent for us to continue and then we'll move on. I'd like to keep things running fairly smoothly, so if you have OOC please take it to PR6 unless it is very specific to what we are doing, use the plot command (=) for plot things, and otherwise try to have fun."

«Plot» Jinx gives consent
«Plot» Vollo says, "I consent"
«Plot» Air consents.
«Plot» Victoria says, " I consent to any bad things that happen to Air, or me."

Saturday evening in Denver. Temperature is approximately 33 F (1 C)

You are contacted by a trusted source - likely a fixer but in any case by a street source. They have word that someone is hiring for an extermination in the Warrens, and they are looking for good people to make good money. Those interested should meet at the Evening Star, a nightspot in the CAS Sector that tends towards Shadowy types. Tell the bartender you are here to see Mr. Smith and they'll direct you from there.

Good money and the warrens doesn't tend to go hand in hand so when Ron passes the info for this job along to Air his interest is piqued on that basis alone. In time for the meet he dresses to his casual, suit and tie and a greatcoat for the cold, selecting the least flashy of his cars to drive to the meet in. Which is likely not far since he usually resides within the CAS sector. No borders to navigate either so he goes 'strapped', as the kids call it.

Checking his coat at the door he pauses within the club to unbutton his suit jacket and peruse the interior before proceeding, precisely three minutes before the appointed time, to the bar and noting his interest in meeting Mr. Smith to whoever is working it.

Vollo enters the Evening Star and mingles for a little bit with the crowd, watching them for a bit and then moving to the bar to order a drink. After the scrip is passed for a club soda he leans in and asks the bartender for a Mr.Smith. He'll sip on the drink and pull out a cigarette but he doesn't light it, just rolling it between his fingers. He hopes the info from his contact was good. He is armed for the meet and playing it casual.

Jobs, jobs meant money. And money meant the world went round. Still the warrens were no reason to not be professional, or stylish. It just meant Victoria switched the pistol she carried on the outside of her suitjacket for the walk to the meeting place, tucking it back inside as she entered, and with a bright smile looked for her contact for the evening.

Jinx packs up, not yet getting int running gear, but for the meet she gets in her leathers. She is then moving to the Meet, a bit early, using the time for a quick look around. Her eyes are taking in as much as she can without getting too obvious. Well, for a troll. Then she waits for the meet to take place. She most likely recognizes some of the waiting people, but for now stays alone.

The Evening Star is not a dive, that's for sure. It isn't a luxury club, but it is fairly nice overall. Homey, perhaps, trying hard to be hip and failing. It's the sort of place that average runners go to blend in with the scenery and pretend that they are rough and tumble. The bartender will direct those that ask for Mr. Smith towards a plain door behind the bar marked PRIVATE, moving the drop leaf on the counter to allow access.

Air passes through, perhaps the first runner to inquire, perhaps not. He shifts his jacket slightly with his right hand and develops an unsightly twitch in the muscle of his left cheek as he opens the unmarked door to pass through to the meeting room (presumably).

Victoria was right on Air's heels as it were, her first action to find a suitable seat in wich to place herself. Hands placed together in front of her on the table, all ears.

The night one will nod and light the cigarette with an old brass lighter. He passes some more scrip as a tip and looks at the bartender again blankly and stands, moving through the drop leaf entrance and then opening the door and stepping inside. The club soda is in his left hand and the cigarette is in mouth. He'll look for a seat.

Jinx will enter next, as people start to enter the meet. She talks with the bartender and enters into the place. Most likely seating will be a problem, but she sure is not oposed to lean against a wall as she waits.

The room beyond the PRIVATE door is cozy, large enough to house a table and several chairs. At the opposite of the room is an elven male, seated and waiting with his hands folded on the table. Flanking him on either side are a pair of elves as well, both in suits with the look of professional corporate bodyguards, sunglasses and the complete "too cool for school" attitude. They watch those that enter but otherwise don't interact. The presumed Mr. Smith will watch with interest as the runners enter, comparing those that come in with a display on his data pad.

Mr. Smith looks over the party for a moment, the door closed by the bartender outside. He smiles genially and motions towards seats, "Good evening. Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice." He directs the lion's share of attention towards Air but includes everyone in his comments, his manner suggesting that he is no stranger to corporate wrangling.

Air seats himself casually, and passes his sometime squinty examination over the two bodyguards before finally settling on the Mr. Smith. He awaits in silence however, and as he straightens out his cheek, his left leg starts to bounce under the table.

Vollo sits and takes a long drink of his club soda. He studies the flankers for a moment and then takes a drag on his cigarette. The other runners get just a cursory glance and he taps his ash into the soda glass using it as an ashtray. That the Johnson and entourage are elves puts him a little more at ease for some reason.

Victoria merely smiled, all her attention focused on the J as it should be, patiently and politely waiting.

Mr. Smith doesn't belabor the point but instead gets to business. "All right. I have a group in the Warrens that I need removed from existence, named "The Hooks."" He scowls as he says the name, shaking his head. "We would like for them to be removed utterly from this Earth. In exchange we are willing to pay 60,000 =Y= total, with possible bonuses for complete extermination and photographic evidence of such."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Shadowscene Players (to Savannah):
1 1 3 3
«Plot-Page» (To: Savannah) Air says, "I won't even bother asking."

Air looks at Mr. Smith without a single flicker of recognition, though an expression of thoughtful consideration does cross his face at the statement of work. "The elven group working to rile orks and trolls up in the Warrens?" He asks his question as if to simply clarify the target for himself.

Vollo nods, taking another drag on his cigarette and tapping the ash in the drink glass again. He blows the smoke down towards his feet. "I was previously digging some intel on them, but they have proved to be a bit elusive. Can you provide us with anything concrete about a lair perhaps?"

Victoria again remained silent, the others had it handled.

Jinx simply listens in, her letting the humans and elfs in the group let hammer out the details. She's not been too active in Denver lately and prefers to stay under the radar anyway.

"They are NOT elvish," Mr. Smith remarks, shaking his head. "We have reason to believe they are another racial group that is attempting to lay the blame at the feet of the displaced in Tir Llwen." He'll glance to Vollo and says, "We've narrowed their "lair" down to a four block area in the no-man's land between Tir Llwen and Orktown, but have otherwise not been able to lock down the exact location. Hence our meeting this evening."

"Locate, confirm, eliminate. My employer should have no issues with this." Victoria's smile came to her lips unbidden, pleasant and soft towards the J. "Do you have a sealed recorder you wish to be used in the documentation?"

Vollo nods again and stays quiet, looking over at Air and then Victoria and then back at his feet. He mulls something and then stays silent, eyes moving back to the Johnson.

Air sucks on his lower lip for a moment, "They're not pointy-eared leafeaters? Hm." He nods at that, his tone absolutely serious, "Anything else, or is that everything you have?"

Mr. Smith will hold out a hand, the man on his left placing a recorder in it. He'll slide the object down the table, leaving it neatly between the runners for anyone to take. "That will do. It is programmed with a one-shot trixmail account to send the images to. When we've received them and are satisfied that they are authentic we'll have the payment sent to an account or drop of your choosing." Mr. Smith simply smiles at Air's commentary, not letting the racial barb have any visible impact. "Our data is that there are a number of non-Nobilis individuals in this organization, along with the possibility of some sort of animals or possibly shifters. The data was inconclusive."

Victoria nodded to the recorder, then her smile returned to the J, a slip of paper put in front of the elf. A simple string of numbers, Swiss Bank Account, she had come prepared. And it signaled the acceptance of the job.

Jinx simply snorts a bit to the reaction of the people present, "Now, if they are no elfs and you don't know who they are, how are we supposed to find out that we have our targets in our sights, then. Sounds like they so far happened to manage to avoid getting identified properly…", she then asks to J's words. "And while I have no problem to blow some heads away, I don't really like to just blow some innocent squatters into pieces and then not get paid because we didn't hit the mark."

Addressing Jinx, Mr. Smith smiles again, the sort of oily smile of a professional businessman. "My understanding is, like many gangs in Aurora, they wear their colours and symbols on jackets and their gear. In this case, Green and Black with a stylized Hook symbol. Our understanding is most gangs would rather be naked than without their colours."

Air nods once, a sharp motion and then demands a little curtly, "Estimated head count of this gang, if you're looking for total annihilation."

Checking the display before him, Mr. Smith says, "Our best estimate places the Hooks at approximately 18 members, not including any animals or hangers on. At a bare minimum we require one dozen dead, including their leader. He goes by the name "Peter" and is reputed to be some sort of weapon specialist."

Vollo looks at the Johnson, stands and glances at Air and then the others. "I'm in." He moves slowly, taking a paydrop info chip from his flannel shirt pocket after dropping the cigarette in his glass of dwindling ice cubes. "Peter does knives."

Jinx grunts to that, "Truem, but these guys sound far from an average gang if they manage to warrant /this much/ attention. Still, I'm not going to argue.", she then says. "I'd not be surprised if these guys would be quite unusual. But then, maybe I am just a little bit paranoid. Do we have an estimate what they have in matters of firepower? I heard rumors about heavy firepower in the 'Rens."

Mr. Smith raises an eyebrow at Vollo's intel and smiles thinly before addressing Jinx again. "Quite. Our understanding is that the gang favors "elven" weapons .. swords, knives, bows and arrow." He smirks at this and offers a wave of his hand, "That said, our sources tell us that they are not adverse to conventional firearms as well, favoring shotguns and large caliber pistols."

Air lays a hand palm up on the table, open, "So, twelve to eighteen head, not counting the animals slash shifters they might have? For fifteen apiece. What does the bonus for eighteen plus and documentation entail?"

Jinx nods to that, "Okay… dunno where a bow is an 'elf' weapon. But then maybe me using one is unusual.", she then says. "But sure. I am in. Let's see who uses an bow better. A troll or … well, whatever these guys are."

Mr. Smith considers Air a moment and then his datapad. "For a complete and utter extermination plus documentation .. and by that I mean complete. I don't want them coming back again in a week and starting the same mess .. in any case, for a complete job we're willing to double the offered payment." «OOC: Assuming this run passes the merit and Charon gives double payout for it.»

Vollo nods and stays quiet, moving over to a wall and rolling his neck a little, perhaps too figity to sit in a chair for long.

Victoria says "Then I expect there is work to be done, is there not?"

Air spares a moment to glance around the room, "Well, now that the rest have agreed to your offered pay, let's talk about my pay. I have a feeling you've recognized me by now and have a few interesting bits about me on that pad of yours so you should be quite aware I'm worth more than fifteen…" He pauses for effect or to draw a breath and cocks his head, "Let's say, twenty thousand, doubled for the complete job."

Mr. Smith will pause after Air's comment, glancing to the others around the table. He may have expected such a play, given what may be on his pad about the runner. He'll wait for a few beats to see if anyone objects to side negotiating.

Vollo shrugs and waits, obviously not adverse to a Prime making a play.

Jinx just snorts to that, then simply says, "One job one pay. If you think you're a one man team, then go on. In that case I am out. I dun like elitist assholes in my team."

Victoria simply shrugged.

Ah internal struggles. Mr. Smith tents his fingers and watches the discussion between Jinx and Air.

Air shifts his attention from the delaying Mr. Smith to Jinx, pausing a moment himself before asking, "I didn't force you to agree before negotiations took place, and who are you again? Some jumped up warrens trash, know your place." Then he flicks a hand in the troll's direction and turns his attention back to Mr. Smith.

Vollo tilts his head and looks at the troll. "Cred is cred chummer, he's the pro. He'll coordinate and we'll follow. It'll be a smooth show. No need to walk."

Jinx shrugs, "Great.", she says to Vollo, "We all carry the same risk and we're either a team or not. I agreed to the job, never did I say I was not willing to negotiate the payment. But if someone in a team I am in thinks he is so much better as to deserve an extra deal, then I say fuck it. As to street trash. We all are, or we'd not be here. So if he thinks he's better then I am out. Simple as that."

Victoria smiled politely, hands re-clasping in front of her. And drifted into silence.

Mr. Smith waits, his attention on the data pad while the runners hammer out their pecking order.

Air might be seen to roll his eyes, Mr. Smith could certainly observe so, until the runner turns to regard Jinx again. "I do think I'm better than you. Actually, I know it. So will you be walking, or do you need a hand out the fucking door?"

Vollo shrugs and smiles a little, "Hell I figured he'd get more risk, anyway I'm still in and I think you should stay. This is a good thing. And once we walk out the door together as a group no hard feelings. Just professional alright?"

Jinx shrugs, "Fine, if that's what you want.", she says and turns on her heels. She gives a bow to J. "My apologies. As much as I'd like to work for you but the present company is not to my tastes. And if he was Mr. Universe, I don't work with people who do not respect their peers." With that she moves out of the door.

Victoria was still silent.

Mr. Smith looks up as Jinx starts out the doorway and says, "Is there anything that will change your mind?"

Jinx shrugs as she turns her head back to J, "Just people here to consider their standing. And it seems the chummer made his point quite clear. He didn't want to work with me."

Air turns away from Jinx as the issue is resolved one way or the other and gives his attention back to the Jay, though he waits patiently. Patiently for him, anyway, he folds his hands together and taps fingers while waiting.

"I see. I apologize that we were unable to do business this evening, then. I have no way to force others to play nice with each other." Mr. Smith offers a shrug and looks to the others, "As your fourth is stepping out, that frees up the necessary funds to accommodate you, sir." He'll direct the last to Air. Chips are provided and slide out as well, "This contains what little we know about the area, the gang, and their likely hide out. Unless there are other questions?"

Victoria says "Assuming the information on the chips are accurate. No."

Jinx nods and move out of the room finally.

Vollo speaks up then. "No the base was sixty. His negotiations were over and above. That is now I saw it. Her walking moves us all up."

Air shakes his head, "I'm afraid not. You were willing to pay sixty kay baseline for this job. That is still the pay, I assume. That is being split evenly, so, my request stands as it is. Perhaps a more useful fourth will be brought in on the job, perhaps not, but in the end I think…" He gestures to Vollo and nods, finding the night one putting it much more succinctly.

Ah. Mr. Smith gives a knowing nod, not seeming ill at ease that the runners caught on to his little numbers trick. He'll capitulate and offer a nod, "The payment schedule stands, and the requested upgrade is granted." Behind him, one of the elven guard quietly slides some corp scrip to the other with a repressed smile.

Vollo steps forward then and hands the chip with the paydrop info on it to the Johnson. He then looks at the others and nods. "We all good? I think we're all good."

"A miscalculation perhaps, a mistake in other terms. It is to my best knowledge that that job pays sixty thousand no matter who is involved no?" Victoria finally rose to her feet, her movements slightly agitated, but her smile and voice as pleasant as ever. "My employer will meet you at the target site, assuming of course you are not all still here negotiating. If you are, I am sure he will be pleased with the extra money." Another smile then, as her hand reached out to grab the camera as she bowed. "Monsiuers, I bid you adieu.

Air mms with a short nod to the Jay as he stands. He allows a curious look in Victoria's direction before noting quickly to the Johnson, "My people can give you my payment details." Then he turns, buttoning his suit jacket as he moves to intercept Victoria, "Perhaps I shall take that if you aren't to be personally joining in." A hand is extended for the camera, while another pulls open the door for everyone.

Mr. Smith nods and leans back as the runners leave for parts unknown, presumably making arrangements for payment.

Vollo moves out the door and waits for the others. He takes the glass and dumps it in a waste bin after retrieving the butt end from the ice cubes and then pockets the glass. He waits for the others to exit.

Victoria relented in giving over the camera, since it seemed the issue was resolved. Her smile still there as she nodded to Air. "I am merely the voice of a man who takes his security as seriously as our Mr. Smith, and his employers do. I assure you he will be fully briefed on what happened here, and on anything else you wish to tell me. A radio channel and encryption codes for instance."

Air takes the camera and then ushers Victoria out ahead of him. He converses with the pair outside once the door is closed and the three are beyond the bar. "Have your employer meet us at the Bare Knuckle Gym, we'll use that as an initial base of operations." He glances between Vollo and Vic, "Acceptable?"

Victoria nodded "Do be aware, my employer is very private, he will not show his face. His appearance in a public place may… stand out. Will there be use of a back room?"

Vollo nods, "A bit rough for a pointy eared git nowadays, but I like the Knuckle. It'll work. I'll wear a stocking cap." He jokes a little and heads out. He'll watch the bar patrons carefully as he does.

Those in the Evening Star seem to keep to themselves; if they are watching you, they are being very discreet about it. Several may in fact be in meetings of their own.

Air nods to Victoria to answer her question as he heads himself out of the club. He knows the owner, well, the new owner. He knows the old owner too. He takes out a pocsec and orders himself a black book to start keeping this information in while climbing into his car. Homeward bound, to collect more gear, park the car. Warrens outings require walking, nobody's taking a sports car in there.

Victoria nodded to Air as well, and then it was off to meet with her "employer". That required a change of clothes, and the getting of her gear. Everything she needed placed in a duffel. She would change a few blocks from the gym in an alley and discard her civilian clothes, she had spares just for this after all. Then a simple cloak and hood placed on, and she made entry into the gym, and immediately for the back room Air presumably gave.

The air is a bit damp tonight with the possibility of snow, especially on the north side of town. Down in Aurora, however, it is just chilly for the most part. The Warrens are how they always are: a never ending battle and the occasional explosion.

Vollo packs at home and makes a few different weapons choices. He gears up a little thick just in case and then drives to the Tir, parking his van near the Twilight. He pays several of the younglings to watch over it. He then shoulders the ruck and the other bag and makes his way toward the Bare Knuckle.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 for "Mystery":
1 2 2 2 7

Air ends up getting suited up completely differently, even including a load bearing harness over an armoured vest. With a duffel bag full of very illegal gear, it's safe to say Air isn't taking the checkpoint to enter. With a grapple, he hops the wall where a building leans a little close and hikes cross warrens to get to the gym. Course, a bigger gun is out by then, and he heads in and upstairs to meet the other two, taking over one of the rooms temporarily.

Vollo makes his way toward the back room and gets situated. He is wearing a stocking cap pulled down low and his coat collar pulled up high. The chill from the night making this a reasonable disguise to keep prying eyes away. He'll look around for Air once he's up and in the back.

Was, by virtue of post order it would seem, waiting. The figure armed and geared just as appropriately as Air, with one notable exception. It wasn't Air, it was a figure, and one that went very far out of it's way to remain describable only as "a professional soldier". Even down to the garbled voice mask it used while it spoke with a nod to the other two. "It seems my companions for the job have arrived. Greetings."

Air is in standard black ninja tacticool gear, with all the logos obliterated, right down to the little SMG he carries cradled between both hands as gently as a baby. "Right," he states, "I've got comms gear enough for cycling through sixteen channels, how about you? And any ideas on how to narrow down this search, or are we doing it the old fashioned way?"

Vollo sets his bags down and starts to change out some of his gear. He looks at the other two. "Peter is a military guy, muscle augments and the knife skills like I was talking earlier. I was fishing for a totally different reason than this. But listen. This might help. The Hooks want Croc and they know I want Croc. I can go in as bait to at least draw some contact out. I don't mind being up close and personal with them."

Victoria or Le Temoin, as the single identifier nameplate on the figure identified shrugged. "I have eight channels open, I also do not expect military grade jamming to come into play. As for location, it should be simple enough, just watch for the colors, where they congregate. Past that, I would suggest an early dawn raid with suppressors, when Night Owls like gangers are asleep."

The night one slips on his face mask and puts gloves on. Tucking his helmet under his arm. "Pic the comm chann and I am on it. So if you want to use me as bait to get a start, basically is what I am saying, I can play it that way. We just want to sweep and down them that is fine too. I usually travel ruthed."

Air hmms at the intel Vollo brings into it, "Sounds interesting, if you think you can arrange a meeting. They probably won't meet near base. Though…" Ideas start forming behind his eyes, perhaps. "Alright, I'll arrange an eight channel cycle, we'll cycle every thirty minutes." Then he glances to the furry one, "So, what do we think of this? The furry one arranges a meet and goes to see them. Then we fake an attack on that meet and see if they don't take you with them when they break off."

Victoria says "A bit risky, it would also put their men at camp on alert."

Air points at Vollo, "It would give us an inside man, hopefully, and cement any thoughts they had about his motivations."

Vollo nods, "That sounds perfect to me. And like I said I work best up close with pistols or blades." He pays close attention to the channel cycle and gets synced. "Just could work out well. I could drift into the four block territory too, just saying that I heard this was where they were hanging from digging info. Getting them all together would be the best. I could even play it that Croc was after me and that I had baited him for a chase."

Victoria nodded, after a long pause. "It also fixes their position, is there risk in placing a tracker on him?"

Air gets the comm cycle set up for everyone, it's just a case of programming frequencies in order. "Well, you set up a meet however you can, and we'll scope out the location and set up for it. I'm tooled up for close range work as well, so we can't be too far off."

"Okay I will go in from the Tir side into the no man's land looking for some kind of contact to set up the meet. If it goes sour we're still on a backup plan set by you all." He folds the one bag and tucks it in his belt and then shoulders the ruck. "Okay anything else? Just stay close, don't want to get hung out on a wire."

Air tips a hand towards Vollo, "If you're going looking for contact, you won't need that ruth, unless…" He turns to Victhing, "You got ruth of your own? I got my own cloak so I'll be going see-through."

Victoria smiled, presumably, as it looked to Air. "I will make do, do not worry."

Air clips a couple of forearm guards on as he nods to Victoria, "Fine then." Back to Vollo, "We'll trail you at a distance, keep radio contact. Try to arrange a meet for later, so we've got time to prep, and somewhere we can scope out."

"Just gonna go ruthed to get into the area, I'll tuck it away." Vollo grins a little, he stretches and rolls his neck quite a bit. "And remember you'll be hearing me say some crazy shit on the comm, I tend to spin a lot of crap to get what I want." He screws some silencers onto a pair of Morrissy Altas.

Air nods and nods again as he pats his gear to check it's all tied down properly and then pulls a dull grey cloak from his bag, his own ruth. "All ready for off then?"

Victoria finally reached down into it's duffle. Two weapons, and accessories. An Ares Alpha, with four clips, one of them wrapped with a single line of blue electrical tape at the end. An Ares pred III tucked into a hanging holster…and grenades. Three antipersonel hand throw, six for the launcher on the alpha. Suppressors were attached, and it nodded that it was ready to go.

Vollo nods and will head out, taking a circling route to get back to Tir country and then he'll head into the no-mans-land fully ruthed and stealthy. He's spent some time in and around here but isn't an expert on the area. His targets are black and green jackets with the hook symbol. He will travel at a speed that makes it possible for him to be followed by the pair.

«Plot» Air declares. "Carrying two Browning heavy pistols, one loaded with APDS, one with silver bullets (shifters?!) and an XSG loaded with APDS, a stun baton, and the contents of #1659 for the duration of the run."

The area between the Tir and Orktown dubbed No Man's Land is several blocks of contested area that sees the brunt of most of the attacks. Burned out attack vehicles and buildings that have seen their share of bloodshed dominate the area, with few squatters choosing to live there; one never knows when someone will suddenly blow something up there.

Air leaves his ruth unpowered for now, no reason to run down the battery. That does force him to walk in the shadows and generally try to remain out of sight so as not to look totally bloody obviously off in the warrens. Once proximity to the no man's land in question is approached, he pulls up the hood and activates the cloak.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Got you in sight, fifty meters rear. (Hah!)"
Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Gotcha, going in."

Victoria was a professional at least. And so it stuck close to Air, it was the other mans cover after all, slow and silent.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 for "Test":
2 2 2 5 9

Vollo gets into the area and then finds a nice hiding place to unruth, tucking the poncho away for now in his fanny pack. He still moves stealthily, trying to get deeper into the area. He's looking for movement and identifiable people. At this point skirting past squatters.

It doesn't take very long for Vollo to find movement and people; there isn't much going on in this area and that makes seeing movement that much easier. Perhaps two blocks in there movement ahead, a few moving figures that are lurking on the street talking.

Vollo moves up closer, trying to identify people but still keeping to the shadows for now. His eyes dart from movement to movement.

«Plot» Savannah says, "Perception tests, visual, for all"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Intelligence for "Perception +lowlight":
2 3 4 5 9 9 10 14
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 3 3 8 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 4 7

The men are bulky, there is no doubt about that, far bulkier than any elf outside of Mafen. They have slung shotguns over their shoulders, their bodies garbed in urban camo pants and black jackets with a pirate's hook in green on the back. Air and Vollo will both notice movement two floors up as someone runs across from one building to the next on what appears to be burned timbers.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "There is a watcher above, these guys look like they'll work. They have the colors. Going in to make contact."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Relocating across the street for overwatch."

Air shifts across the street then, moving from cover to wreck to cover, the better to see the building and keep an eye out for anything above Vollo.

Victoria continued to follow Air, whatever it was, it was definitely a trained soldier, it matched Air's movements perfectly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4:
1 1 1 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4:
2 3 5 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4:
1 2 3 5

Vollo pulls his balaclava down to his neckline and moves out of the shadows, his hands held away from his sides. "Hey…hey you guys. I been trying to make contact with you guys but couldn't find you…I need to talk to some Hooks about Croc. I'm Fuzzer, you may have heard of me. Fragger has been hunting me back and forth all night but I lost him. I know where he is though."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Etiquette for "Sounding legit":
2 3 5 11

One of the men startles, turning quickly and reaching for his shotgun. The other picked up on something, some sixth sense that warned him not to jump like a girlyman. Both men turn towards Vollo, revealing the distinctive features of an ork! The first backs up a step and looks at the man like a ghost, wide eyed. The second man holds up his hand to still the other and says … "Fuzzer .. right. You the one that Croc wants ta eat, I 'member that." He grunts, looking the elf over before saying, "Where's he at, mebbe we got get some guys and take him out?"

Vollo shakes his head, "No I gotta talk to some fraggers a little more up in the ranks, this is big. Been trying to set that animal up for weeks." he moves closer, looking back behind him and not in the direction of the guys on overwatch. "Heard I needed to talk to Pete. I want in. Like I want to be a Hook for this. Look we ain't got a lot of time either."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Negotiation for "seeing my point":
1 2 2 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Negotiation for "seeing my point kp1":
4 5 7 8 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 for "Test":
1 1 3 11

The ork that has been doing all the talking balks, shaking his head, "Peter don' talk ta no one, see? An' you too little to be a Hook, gotta take weeks to do that." His buddy leans over and whispers in his ear, gesturing to Vollo for a moment. Mr. Talkative frowns, sucking on his teeth for a moment. "I .. I gotta kick this up ta someone. You wait here, I'll get Marbles."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Did he just say Marbles?"

Vollo nods and walks up closer digging out his cigarettes and lighting one.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Yep"

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Blip the radio if you think things are going bad, then drop like you just got shot."
«Plot» Air will observe in detail the building from which the Hooks appear to be operating.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 3 4 8 9

Vollo takes a long drag and studies the orc that remains. "So hell word was you Hooks were a bunch of elves gunning for the Croc, surprised to see orks really."

The ork that spoke with Vollo will head off into the building they are next to, leaving his partner downstairs with Vollo. He'll vanish inside and makes his way off, out of sight. The ork that stays downstairs watches Vollo with some concern, keeping his distance. Upstairs, there is definitely movement, dust falling out a window and the sound of cursing in Cityspeak from above.

The ork with Vollo snorts, tapping his head. "Peter's plan, omae. Tricky, wot?"

«Plot-Page» (To: Air) Savannah says, "The building seems to not be in great condition. Three stories with missing windows, previously bombed out. Once you step back and look you can see a number of boards and rebar acting like ladders and pathways, somewhat like a giant tree house. Might be some ropes as well, but they are hard to spot."

"So you guys ain't after the Croc? Man I thought I could get some help." Vollo says rather dejectedly.

"Oh, um, yeah we are after Croc?" This ork doesn't seem the most on the ball, backtracking and looking guilty. "I mean, we hate the Croc cause we are the Hooks, right? And that means we'll help you get him. And .. ummmm…" He looks mournfully to where the other ork went, clearly out of his element. His expression seems to indicate tricky elves are tricky.

Vollo takes a drag and subvocalizes.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Something isn't right, these are orcs…or maybe shifters. Still waiting, want to see what is up."

From above, there is a loud noise and some smoke pours out of the downstairs holes/windows. The moment passes and an ork dressed in rags and decorated with 'mystic' symbols emerges, a crudely carved staff in his hands topped with what might be a devil rat skull. He frowns and shakes the staff, challenging Vollo, "Speak, outsider! What news do you have of the Croc and why shouldn't we take our revenge on your blood?" He is followed by Mr. Talkative, the other ork.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "The building is rigged with walkways. Might actually be their main spot."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Marbles, so known because he lost them."

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Trid rots kids brains."

Vollo tilts his head in the direction of the 'shaman'. "I am on the same side as you, been hunting the Croc for weeks. And I know where he'll be in a few hours. I wanted to set him up. I need to talk to Peter. Word on the street is he is the go to guy. Look I got a ton of reasons to take that bastard out. He hung a damned stuffed animal that looked like me from a building. He wants me bad. I thought you guys would be all for it."

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 for "Marbles":
2 3 3 4 11

Marbles stares at Vollo, his eyes rolling up in his head. He shudders and begins gibbering in some language that may not be real, shaking his staff towards Vollo. "Goareaa ewea speak to us. Tewa twev truth!" Mr. Talkative looks upwards and shakes his head, muttering under his breath, "Get on with it."

Marbles opens his eyes and frowns at Vollo. "I sense truth in your words, as well as lies." He scowls over his shoulder before addressing Vollo again, his rat-headed staff pointed at the elf. "You will enter. If your words do not please Peter, know that I will have The Great Spirits flay your skin from your body!"

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "I say we take this one now."
Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Peter confirmed on site."
Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Let me get past them and inside. Then hit them."
Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Awaiting weapons free."

Vollo nods holding up his arms, "No flaying, I am cool with the no flaying." He steps quickly toward the entrance, smiling at Mr.Talkative. "That shaman is a trip." He does step quickly trying to get a good look inside at potential cover for when they open up. "I hope Peter is up for taking down the Croc."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "When he's clear of the door, grenade."

Marbles turns and starts stumping back inside, he staff rapping the ground and making a rattling sound as the loose teeth in the rat head shake. Mr.Talkative says, "Yeah. He's fun fun fun." He gestures for Vollo to go ahead of him and tells the ork outside, "Eyes sharp. Peter says shoot anyone else who walks up."

«Plot» Air says, "How far did we post up from the door?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 2:
2 16

«OOC» Savannah says, "across the street, say 10 meters given the area and debris"

«Plot» Air says, "At the point of Marbles and Mr.T entering the doorway I'd like to take a shot at Marbles. Basically, we'll open festivities there."

«OOC» Savannah says, "Affirm. You'll have range and +2 cover on Marbles due to the ork and the elf being in your shot."

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Assault breach?"

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Do it, got a lobby counter I can try to get over."

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Pray it is sturdy, wait for the second explosion."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Short range, +2 cover, -2 Smartlink.":
1 3 3 3 4 5 5 9 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Short range, +2 cover, -2 Smartlink. KP5":
1 1 3 4 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "No recoil. Same again.":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 7 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 - 3 vs TN 4 for "No recoil. Same again. KP6":
2 3 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Air says, "Stand."

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 (Marbles.Body) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, APDS, half armour (5 ballistic) Shot 1":
2 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 (Marbles.Body) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, APDS, half armour (5 ballistic) Shot 1 karma":
1 1 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 (Marbles.Body) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, APDS, half armour (5 ballistic) Shot 1 karma 3/3":
1 1 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 (Marbles.Body) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, APDS, half armour (5 ballistic) Shot 2":
1 3 4 4 8 = 1 Success

Air gives the weapons free signal by firing his dinky little smg. The sound is quiet, but Victoria can certainly hear the metallic tinkling of the action and even the report of the rounds fired in three round burst. Air himself tunes it out, his hearing constantly filtering and expected sounds just get muted away as unimportant. From across the road his cloak parts, revealing the dark shadow of it's interior to allow the weapon to point, smarlink highlight Marbles' form for the reticle to be laid over, the trigger pulled mentally. The rounds cut right through his shabby armour like butter, six spots of shock, one piercing his heart to drop the potential magician with ruthless efficiency. Geek the mage first.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 6 of item 3: APDS Ammo (SMG) from Ammo (#9550).

Vollo moves and calls out at the same time, "Gotta be Croc, he followed me!" He kicks his reflex trigger off mentally and sprints to vault the bullet ridden counter.

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
============================> Combat Jumping Roll <============================
Vollo (#6013) jumps with 5 dice with no TN modifier and 11 effective Quickness.
«Auto-Judge[]» Rolls: 1 3 3 5 5
------> Interpreted Results <-----—-
If this attempted jump is taken as a free action:
A 3 Meter Running Horizontal jump
A 2 Meter Standing Horizontal jump
A 2 Meter Vertical jump of any kind including reach
If this attempted jump is taken as all movement during a combat phase:
A 5 Meter Running Horizontal jump
A 3 Meter Standing Horizontal jump
A 3 Meter Vertical jump of any kind including reach

Mr. Talkative spins and tries to bring his shotgun around at the call from Vollo, eyes wide. "What? Croc is here?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "IPE HE defensive through the door, +1 partial light with LL goggle, -1 smartlink II.":
1 2 3 3 4 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Victoria says, " Stand."

Vollo hits the wall behind the counter with a thump and drops down in cover, pulling his pistols.

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 1 of item 3: IPE Defensive HE Minigrenades from Victoria's Order (#9685).
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 3 for "scatter":
2 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 1 for "Scatter direction":
3

Victoria already was triggered off, and as soon as hearing processed the sound of Air's weapon, the figure was in motion. Popping itself half out of it's cover, weapon brought to shoulder, and then the distinctive hollow thunk of a grenade launcher spilling it's payload to fly, and skip across the street. Ending it's short life in a burst of heat and concussive force.

The grenade flies true, all but landing at the feet of Mr. Talkative. It skitters and spins, bouncing off the floor, into the doorjab, and right back at the ork's feet. He gawks and looks down right about as it explodes.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 6 (CP) vs TN 12 for "Resist 15S base - 3 impact armor, point black with grenade":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 9 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 6 (CP) - 1 vs TN 12 for "Resist 15S base - 3 impact armor, point black with grenade karma reroll":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 11 13 = 1 Success

«OOC» Savannah says, "Vollo: You are two meters from the point of impact, which reduces the power by 4 for a defensive IPE grenade. Additionally, the barrier rating of the counter is 5 and then you have your own impact armor. Base damage is 15S"

Mr. Talkative does not fair well. He is blown across the room and into the wall. He may be alive; he may be dead. He isn't moving at the moment, that much is clear.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Soaking impact from the grenade":
2 2 2 4 5 7 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Savannah says, "No damage for Vollo. His cover is reduced in rating."

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (body) + 6 (cP) vs TN 2 for "Grenade? 15S - Wall - 3 Impact armor - 6 meters range(-12 damage)":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 16 = 11 Successes

The ork outside looks sharply as the explosion goes off, turning his massive body and grunting as bits of wall slams into him, the wave of overpressure not doing much to him. He roars a challenge as bits of the above floor rain down.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Initiative with a result of 26.
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 1 for "+4 Ork outside":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 1 for "+4 Orks coming down to escort x 2":
9
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Initiative with a result of 18.

«Plot» Savannah says, "Initiative Count: Air (28), Vollo (26), Victoria (18), Orks coming down (10), Ork Outside (6)"

Sitrep: Outside, there is one ork who is looking at the building right before Air shoots. Inside, the shaman is dead and blown up as well, and the ork that was talking is blown into the wall. He is at least stunned if not deceased. Vollo can hear people coming down the stairs across from his location.

«Plot» Air will repeat the 2 burst policy on the remaining ork outside and free action a couple of words.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Same thing as before. 9S APDS.":
1 1 2 3 4 5 5 5 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Same thing as before. 9S APDS. Burst2":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Air stands on that.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 6 of item 3: APDS Ammo (SMG) from Ammo (#9550).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Ork.body) + 3 (CP) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, -1/2 ballistic (5)":
1 1 1 2 5 5 5 5 8 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Ork.body) + 3 (CP) - 3 vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, -1/2 ballistic (5) karma":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Ork.body) + 3 (CP) vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, -1/2 ballistic (5) shot 2":
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Ork.body) + 3 (CP) - 2 vs TN 7 for "Resist 9S base, -1/2 ballistic (5) shot 2 karma":
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 8 9 = 2 Successes

Air shifts very slightly, just a few muscles, and the reticle moves to the next highlighted most-likely target. Two more mental pulls of the trigger and six more rounds of deadly armour piercing rounds slice through him and pepper pockmarks into the wall of the building behind him, along with a Jackson Pollock like splatter of red on brown.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Grenades: Upper levels."

«Plot» Savannah says, "26: Vollo"
«Plot» Vollo says, "Okay taking first pass to call out and confuse."

Vollo yells from behind the counter poking his head up to face the doorway. "It is Croc, fragger followed me. He's right outside." He squeezes off two shots toward the entry way picking the ground outside as the target.

«Plot» Savannah says, "18 Victoria"

<Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) uses 2 of item 10: APDS rounds for Heavy Pistol from Work Gear (#3656).
«OOC» Victoria says, "Well I suppose grenade to the upper levels then!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "IPE defensive HE to upper level windows, preferring spots where movement was seen. +1 TN LL modifier, -1 smartlink.":
2 2 2 3 4 8 9 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 1 of item 3: IPE Defensive HE Minigrenades from Victoria's Order (#9685).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 2 for "Mystery?":
1 1

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 3 for "scatter":
2 4 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 1 for "direction":
3

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 13 vs TN 10 for "Damage to upstairs guys":
2 3 3 3 3 5 5 5 5 8 10 11 16 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 13 - 3 vs TN 10 for "Damage to upstairs guys karma":
2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 6 (Building) vs TN 15 for "Test":
1 2 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

Victoria heard the command and immediately reacted, body swinging up some with her arms, and another pop as the second grenade flew towards the upstairs.

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Four shots left."

The explosion cooks off inside the building, sending scatters of plasticrete and fiberboard down onto the street. Rats scurry on the darkness and a pair of bull-like bellows erupt from somewhere up there. Additionally, a man's call can be heard from somewhere above, in the darkness, "Get out of the building! Retreat!"

Two orks peek around the wall at the carnage as they come down the stairs, sighting along longbarreled pump shotguns. One is standing, the other crouching as they scan the area for the supposed pissed off Croc coming in. One speaks softly, possibly into a mic, "Lobby is clear, Marbles down."

«Plot» Savannah says, "18(28) – Air"

«Plot» Air will simple, clip out (keeping it), simple, clip in. Free, comm.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Play it up, they're calling a retreat."

Air pulls out the magazine in his SMG that's twelve rounds down down, switching it for a fresh one while he comms over to Vollo. The magazine with twenty rounds remaining is slid into a large pouch on his hip just for such things.

«Plot» Savannah says, "16(26) – Vollo"

Vollo calls out, "I think I got Croc, one in the thigh, he moved off to the right outside the door. Damn he's big." He stays tucked in tight behind the counter, listening hard to see what the orks are going to do.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Bringing them down. Another bang up top might be nice."

«Plot» Savannah says, "8(18) – Victoria"

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "IPE defensive HE to upper level windows, follow up on the first. +1 TN LL modifier, -1 smartlink.":
2 3 4 4 4 5 7 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 3 for "scatter":
2 2 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 1 for "direction":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 1 of item 3: IPE Defensive HE Minigrenades from Victoria's Order (#9685).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 13 vs TN 10 for "Damage to upstairs guys":
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 13 vs TN 10 for "Damage to upstairs guys karma":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 7 17 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 6 (Building) vs TN 15 for "Test":
1 1 1 3 5 10 = 0 Successes

Again, the chamber was cycled, and another explosive placed into the top floor at Vollo's request this time. The being that Victoria "worked for" precise in it's control.

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Three rounds left."

The third explosion in seconds is not fairing well for the old building. It creaks ominously and inside you can hear something, perhaps a floor, collapse. This is dwarfed by a scream and a body falling out a window to the ground below with a crunch of broken bones and a splurt of blood and brains, a troll in Hook colours not fairing well, the ground cruel after the explosion.

«Plot» Savannah says, "8 (28) – Air"

Air moves now, changing positions, he shifts left and then across the road, butting himself up against the creaking building, eyes and gun towards the front door even as he slowsteps backwards.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "They got a back door?"

«Plot» Air says, "Pretty much no action."
«Plot» Air can cover 11 meters in a single pass though, so the road is crossed.

«Plot» Savannah says, "6 (26) Vollo"

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Not that I can see. I think we'll have them in a crossfire. I am behind the counter on the your left, they are on the right coming down stairs."

Vollo stays down and quiet for now, listening.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Initiative with a result of 26.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 25.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 2 for "+5 James":
1 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 2 for "+7 Peter":
1 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Initiative with a result of 25.
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 1 for "+4 Others":
5

«Plot» Savannah says, "Inits: Vollo (26), Air Victoria (25), Peter (13) James Others(9)"

Vollo stays perfectly still, listening to footfalls and any speech going back and forth. Surprise is his asset at the moment.

«Plot» Vollo says, "So holding action"

«Plot» Savannah says, "Righteo. 25 - Victoria and Air"

<Plot» Air says, "I'll change course and advance up next to the door, remain on the outside, use it for cover."
«Plot» Victoria says, "Victoria is going to all round sprint to the side of the door Marbles went through."

«Plot» Victoria says, "Sprint=Run."
«Plot» Victoria says, "Should make it there on my second pass."

Air changes action at the intel Vollo provides from inside. His backstep becomes a forward run, the ruth cloak billowing slightly and brushing the wall as he runs and then leans against the wall. The barrel of his suppressed SMG is poked around the doorframe and he peers after it.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Outside the door, wait for them to crossfire. Prioritise targets."

Victoria moved, her body fast, wired reflexes did that. Crouched low as she ran from cover to cover towards her chosen door.

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "En route."

As the others move, there is the sound of many bodies moving upstairs. At least one cry is heard along with a crash as flooring gives way, someone heavy stepping in the wrong spot.

«Plot» Savannah says, "Air, Victoria, perception tests?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 3 8 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 5 for "bonus hearing dice":
3 3 5 5 13
«Plot» Air says, "+2 to hear, +2 more to locate by that sound."
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 5 9 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 5 for "Bonus dice Selective Sound Filter 5, and Hearing Amp.":
2 3 5 5 5

Victoria and Air most certainly hears (and can even tell you where) and possibly sees two figures swing down from the upper stories by rope, landing in the street outside of the building. Smoke is pouring from the windows upstairs and something may have caught fire up there. The building groans again, the sound of stressed materials engaged in a struggle with gravity.

One figure lands in a squat with some sort of assault rifle in hand - he appears to be a troll; the other is heavily built and all of it muscle atop of muscle, a large fighting bowie in his right hand.

«Plot» Savannah says, "Back to the top, 16(26) - Vollo"
«Plot» Air says, "May I use my free action now?"

«Plot» Savannah says, "Sure"
«Plot» Air says, "To cut in."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Priority targets outside."

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Get them, I could use a grenade at the top of the stairs."

“Come on, he's out there, I need help getting him. If Croc gets away then he'll just come back.” Vollo peeks up over the counter. He's getting his ruth poncho out this pass.

«Plot» Savannah says, "15(25)Victoria and Air"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "9 round FA, 15D base, APDS, Short range: TN 4 -2 smartlink, +2 recoil.":
1 2 3 3 3 4 7 8 13 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 - 4 vs TN 4 for "9 round FA, 15D base, APDS, Short range: TN 4 -2 smartlink, +2 recoil. KP7":
1 1 2 2 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Submachine Guns + Combat Pool: 4 - 4 vs TN 4 for "9 round FA, 15D base, APDS, Short range: TN 4 -2 smartlink, +2 recoil. KP9":
3 3 10 11 16 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Air stands on 7 behind 15D. Knifey McKniferson.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 9 of item 3: APDS Ammo (SMG) from Ammo (#9550).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 7 (CP) vs TN 12 for "Dodge is a futile test. Resist with 1/2 Ballistic":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 9 9 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 7 (CP) - 1 vs TN 12 for "Dodge is a futile test. Resist with 1/2 Ballistic karma":
2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 8 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 7 (CP) - 1 vs TN 12 for "Dodge is a futile test. Resist with 1/2 Ballistic karma":
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 9 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (Body) + 7 (CP) - 1 vs TN 12 for "Dodge is a futile test. Resist with 1/2 Ballistic karma":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 10 = 0 Successes

Air thanks his maker for augmented hearing, just as he's lining up a shot at the stairwell, and his ears tell him to 'look behind you!'. He looks and yes, it was a good thing. A mental reflex flicks the little subgun linked into his system to full auto, and he picks his target. The leader of this group likes knives, so that's the guy he targets, calling the bluff. The full auto is louder than the short bursts, the simple nature of a lot of rounds all at once being fired. Of course, that won't help the man with the knife, it's rare for somebody to survive getting nine holes added to them.

Peter staggers back as the rounds slam into him, cutting him down where he stands. He pauses, blood pouring from his body and out of his mouth, raising the knife as if to throw it. He staggers forward and pitches the knife, the blade digging into the ground a few feet in front of him, his eyes staring sightlessly at Air.

«Plot» Victoria says, "Full stop, two bursts at Trolly McTrollerson, what is the TN for running in a round and shooting?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 8 for "Three round burst, all comped, +1 LL, -1 Smartlink 2,+4 Attacker running.":
1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 8 10 11 11 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Victoria says, "Stand. Would you like the second burst as well?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 11 for "Three round burst, comp used up, +1 LL, -1 Smartlink 2,+4 Attacker running. KP2/6":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 13 = 1 Success
«Plot» Victoria says, "Stand."

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 11 (James) + 6 (CP) vs TN 7 for "Resist 11S - 4 (Lined coat). Shot 1":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 8 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 11 (James) + 6 (CP) - 2 vs TN 7 for "Resist 11S - 4 (Lined coat). Shot 1 karma":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 11 (James) + 6 (CP) - 4 vs TN 7 for "Resist 11S - 4 (Lined coat). Shot 1 karma":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 8 10 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Savannah says, "Moderate from 1st shot"

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 11 (James) vs TN 7 for "Resist 11S - 4 (Lined coat). Shot 2":
2 2 3 3 5 5 7 7 8 11 11 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Savannah says, "and light from shot 2. 4 boxes total. pose please and include damaging Mr. Troll"

The information came before it was ready. But one had been in situations like this before. Le Temoin raised it's rifle on the run, and then two pulls of the trigger. The suppressor keeping the noise to a light hiss as it ran by. And wounds, unfortunately not fatal opened up on the troll.

The wounded and augmented troll grunts as the rounds slam into him, watching the leader of the gang go down in a hail of fully automatic gunfire. See? Guns kill people. He doesn't even pause, instead turning to run off as fast as he can, hopping over pieces of downed buildings and rubble, moving in a battlefield zig zag to get away.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Athletics!":
1 1 2 3 = 0 Successes

Above, you can hear screams and gunfire as the remaining Hooks try to get out of the building, going out windows across from where the party is. Whatever they are doing, it sounds like a bull in a china shop.

«Plot» Savannah says, "6(26) - Vollo"

Vollo didn't hear the thump bang of another grenade. But he does hear the rounds being fired outside and the message from Air. Having worked the ruth poncho out last pass he dons it and activates the blending. "You got a chance to kill the Croc now or never you tusky fuckers. Grow some balls!"

Vollo didn't hear the thump bang of another grenade. But he does hear the rounds being fired outside and the message from Air. Having worked the ruth poncho out moments ago he dons it and activates the blending. "You got a chance to kill the Croc now or never you tusky fuckers. Grow some balls!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Negotiation:
1 1 2 3 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 4 for "Superior odds against, leader down/out of sight, magical support dead, building collapsing":
2 4 5 11

"Fuck you, you keeb fuck fuck fuckity fuck!!!" One of the orks screams and starts backing up the stairs while the other whimpers, watching for whatever is coming.

«Plot» Air will set off after the troll and see if he can't catch up.
«Plot» Savannah says, "Right."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Athletics vs TN 6 for "Sprinty?":
2 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Air moves at only 11 meters per pass then.
«Plot» Savannah says, "James the Troll moves at 4"
«Plot» Air says, "Then I catch up quicker than I wanted. I'll switch weapons as I run."

«Plot» Victoria says, "Grenade, through the door, launched at the stairs, to detonate against a load bearing wall if I see one."

Air spots the troll turn and run and sets off after him, letting his smg drop to it's sling and pulling on his trusty stun baton for this, even as he picks his way around the rubbish strewn streets.

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "I'll catch the troll."

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for " +1LL,-1 Smartlink. Grenade, bring the house down.":
2 2 2 3 3 5 7 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 3 for "scatter":
4 10 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 1 for "direction":
2

Vollo didn't get out, so much the pity. The grenade was coming, it just got…delayed…by a troll. Having stopped it's forward momentum, the figure dropped to a knee, a mental command to link the launcher. Then thunk, one through the door.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (body) + 6 (CP) vs TN 12 for "Ork 1 vs Grenade. 3 Impact Armour 15S base doctor karma":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (body) + 6 (CP) vs TN 12 for "Ork 1 vs Grenade. 3 Impact Armour 15S base doctor karma":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 1 of item 3: IPE Defensive HE Minigrenades from Victoria's Order (#9685).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (body) + 6 (CP) vs TN 10 for "Ork 2 vs Grenade. 3 Impact Armour 15S base doctor 1 meter away":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 8 (body) + 6 (CP) vs TN 10 for "Ork 2 vs Grenade. 3 Impact Armour 15S base doctor 1 meter away karma":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Savannah says, "Vollo: you are 4 meters away, you have 4 points of barrier left before this. 15-4-4-5=2"

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 6 (Building) vs TN 15 for "Oh crap":
1 2 4 5 5 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 6 (Building) vs TN 15 for "Oh crap":
1 1 2 2 4 10 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Soaking impact":
1 1 3 4 5 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Body - 4 vs TN 2 for "Soaking impact kp2":
7 16 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Vollo says, "Soaked"

The stairwell becomes so much of an abattoir, sending chunks of burning ork up the stairs. Unfortunately, the building doesn't fair nearly as well as the elf hiding behind the counter; the entire side collapses, the stairwell vanishing in a shower of floors two and three. If there is someone in that area you'll need a CSI team to find them.

«Plot» Savannah says, "At this point, anyone with an Intelligence above 1 would know that the building is shakier than a bowl of jello in an earthquake. Being here is detrimental to your character. This is a GM warning."

Outside, the troll puts on the speed; sadly, trolls move slower than smell in a windy arena. Still, he huffs and puffs as he takes off, trying to head deeper into Orktown and out of the No Man's Land.

Upstairs, it is much quieter. Maybe they got away or maybe many of them died in the grenade explosion. Regardless, there isn't much sound besides the God aweful groaning and creaking of the building about to come down.

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 31.
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 2 for "Troll +5":
3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Initiative with a result of 29.

Inits: Air (31), Vollo (29), Victoria (21), James the Troll (13), remaining guys (?)

«Plot» Savannah says, "Air"
«Plot» Air will smack James on the back with his stun baton.
«Plot» Savannah says, "Oh noooooo"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Clubs + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Hi James. 8M base, 8S shock.":
1 1 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 10 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Clubs + Combat Pool: 6 - 5 vs TN 5 for "Hi James. 8M base, 8S shock. KP10":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Clubs + Combat Pool: 6 - 7 vs TN 5 for "Hi James. 8M base, 8S shock. KP12":
1 1 3 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Air stands on 8.

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 5 (James) + 5 (CP) vs TN 6 for "Defend! Back away, foul Air!":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 11 (James) vs TN 6 for "Resist Impact damage -2(Lined coat)":
1 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 9 (Base.body.James) vs TN 8 for "Resist shock":
1 1 1 3 4 4 7 11 17 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Savannah says, "KO, shocked, tased, falls down"

«Plot» Savannah says, "While Air poses his victory, Vollo in 29?"

Air jogs up behind the troll, who is… is that running? That looks like power walking. Is he power walking? Well, anyway, Air sidesteps an overturned firebarrel, steps up beside James and then casts aside all pretense of careful precision and just beats him around the back of the head with his shockystick until the troll falls over unconscious.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Okay that was efficient, coming out now ruthed.

Vollo leans in tight to the counter when the thump is heard. Debris flying everywhere and an arm landing next to him tells the tale of a good shot. His hearing is a bit muted from all the grenades going off. He blinks a few times and then runs to the door and outside crouching low, pistols out under the poncho. He'll be watching above remembering the figure on the burnt plank walkway above earlier."

Commlink-Lucky> Air says, "Got one here we can interrogate if needed."

«Plot» Savannah says, "Victoria in 21"

«Plot» Victoria says, "Grenade to, well wherever, bringing the house down."

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Launch Weapons vs TN 4 for "Just making sure this doesn't blow up in my face":
2 4 4 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 3 for "scatter, in case it comes back":
5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 1 for "direction, this better be away from me":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) uses 1 of item 3: IPE Defensive HE Minigrenades from Victoria's Order (#9685).

«Auto-Judge[]» Savannah (#1218) rolls 6 (Building) vs TN 15 for "Building?":
1 1 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

Victoria managed to wait until Vollo was clear, then a last thunk from the grenade launcher. Then the figure began to back away, voice mod full on as it spoke into it's comm.

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Primary target destroyed, checking for stragglers, take your photos."

And that's about that for the building. It collapses in a plume of smoke and dust, sending bits of plastic and wall materials in a circle. 28 rats and several thousand roaches lose their lives and homes in the collapse, the neighborhood's value increases however.

Air remains stood over the now prone troll, head turning and eyes scanning high for any sign of Hooks fleeing through building to building rat runs, though at this point it's probably too late.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Running perimeter for stragglers"

Vollo takes off at a run looking above at possible walkways and then moving around the building. He shakes the dust and flakes of crete off the poncho as he moves. He is ready for finishing pistol work if it is needed.

«Plot» Savannah says, "Perception Test please for all"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 5 5 5 5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 5 for "I imagine there's a lot to hear.":
2 3 4 4 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Vollo (#6013) rolls Intelligence for "Perception+Low light":
2 2 3 4 5 9 11 13

«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls Intelligence for "perception":
1 1 2 4 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Victoria (#12432) rolls 5 for "Hearing mods +2 to total.":
1 1 2 8 13

If there are surviving and running Hooks, they are covered by the sounds of buildings nearby suffering damage, boards and re-bar and ropes and more falling, and the sound of those in nearby Tir Llwen and Orktown moving to see what the hubbub is about. Is it the start of the next set of hostilities? Is it time to shoot some more orks/elves?

Commlink-Le Temoin> Victoria says, "Take your photos, no remaining targets, withdrawing."

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Wasn't humans and shifters, was tuskers. Damned odd. Not that I mind."

Vollo makes his way back around to where Air and the captive are. He clicks his pistols together so he doesn't surprise the man coming up. "Strange job. Why would the Hooks be orks? Disinformation?"

Air snaps a shot of James' face then nods at Vollo, "Peter sounded like he was too smart for his own good. Do this one would you? We can't move him and don't have time." He nudges the unconcious troll with his foot before heading off back to Peter's body to snap a shot of him. Idly, he picks up the bowie knife and pockets it too. You never know. A shot of the collapsed building is shot, and of the random ork out here. Marbles too, if he isn't buried.

The sounds of gunfire can be heard in both directions as those in the surrounding area seem to be moving closer. It's cold and dark in the Warrens, best time to get in a fight. Maybe a nice fire will get the blood warm.

Victoria had already disapeared. The job was done, and it would be getting paid. Who cares that the elves set this up to get rid of an orc gang that was annoying them under false pretenses? Not her concern. Le Temoin was going to bed, Victoria would emerge soon.

Air pockets the camera for proper disposal later. Never know what freak might happen by and pick it up. Then he also disappears, though his trick is aided by ruth.

"Damn." Vollo mutters and shakes his head. "Almost got through this without having to off anyone personally." He fires two quick silenced shots at the trolls forehead. He stoops to collect his brass and then brings the pistols back inside the ruthenium poncho. He squints at Air, knowing that it may have been purposeful to bind him that way. Business is business.

Commlink-Fuzzer> Vollo says, "Croc did it, gonna spread some disinformation. Have a nice night chummers."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License