Headhunter Conclusion
GM: Kassandra
Players: Weeko, Daniel, Frost, Smoke
Synopsis: The Headhunter has been located! Can the players stop him?
Date: November 11, 2069

Headhunter — The Conclusion

Legwork

«Auto-Judge[]» Hitomi (#8620) rolls Computers (Seach Operations) for "Sorry for the typo, keep forgetting to have 'em fix it":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 8

You paged Hitomi with 'You can sort the maps through, and run the calculations, adding in homes/structure with wood from 2030 and before. The maps aren't a close fit, in your opinion. There are better places to come and go to each of the murder sites or to have placed the murder site than what you have here. If the person is using the sewers and tunnels to do this, they are giving themselves a lot more work, given they have to move bodies and crosses each time.

Also, there are structures in the Warrens, CAS sector, Ute Sector, and Sioux sector that have that sort of wood, as well as very very far off in the UCAS sector.'.

«OOC» KassGM says, "Also, those that can, I need a Magical Background (6) or Dark Magic (4) or Blood Magic (4) or Evil (4) test"

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Magic Background vs TN 6 for "What have we got here?":
4 4 16 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Magical Threats for "Maybe?":
2 3

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Magical Background:
5 5 10 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Magic BG vs TN 6:
1 1 5 9 = 1 Success

You paged (Frost, Weeko, Smoke) with 'Given that the killer has magically cleaned the area afterward, that indicates that they are trying to clean up after some sort of ritual. Given the way the bodies are presented, symboled, and whatnot, you'd wager that the head sorcerer would have to be there to make the ritual having any power or meaning.'.

To (KassGM, Frost, Weeko), Smoke pages: Then Hitomi's site is the better choice then. Do you have the time it was supposed to occur Weeko?

To (Smoke, Frost, KassGM), Weeko pages: About tonight?

You paged (Frost, Weeko, Smoke) with 'After dark,'..

To (Smoke, Frost, KassGM), Weeko pages: All I know, that it obviously needs to be done before dusk tonight.

Taking the maps and information everyone has, Hitomi cross references it to satellite imagery she has on file, blows it up, and tries every which way to match things up. Eventually, with much frowning and Hrming, she gets back to them- sending the info to Weeko and instructing her to distribute it.

The information shows this: The maps line up 'alright' but not awesomely. It looks like the sewer entrances are pretty out of the way compared to the murder sites. She's even annotated that they look like a very inefficient method of getting around if that's the way the guy is doing it. She's also marked the following areas as having the type of wood included: Zones nearby in Sioux, CAS, Ute and the Warrens, and some in UCAS much further afield.

«Plot» KassGM says, "Ok. I need a plan and CONSENT."

<Plot» Smoke says, "I consent"
«Plot» Daniel says, "Consent you have. Plan… eh. Still fuzzy on that bit."
«Plot» Frost says, "I consent"
«Plot» Weeko says, "Consent is given"
«Plot» Hitomi is going to stay in and watch movies after distributing the information, however I consent to any reprocussions from my matrix tomfoolery.

Ambush

«Plot» Weeko says, "Okay. Weeko lies in ambush at a hopefully good position basedon the estimates what's about to happen. Dan and Frost mightbe here in the physical, depending on their dare and Smoke will just watch astrally, it seems."

«Plot» KassGM says, "For the Log: Janie/Guns will have set up triage in the AADojo and have warded the dojo. She and May are providing roadblocks for the area to try to contain the bad guy. Silk and Gabriel (of the Saints) will try to move most non-combatants out of the area"

«OOC» Frost says, "I'll put 6 watchers out at each other spot with orders to watch for any signs of magical activity, concealment, spells, ect."«OOC» Frost says, "Force 6"

Smoke pages: I have six hours out of body, so I will time it so I do not waste any of my time. I will pull a force two watcher just so I have an extra pair of eyes with me. The force is low because the conjuring will be at +2TN because it will still be daylight when I start. I will pay very close attention for wards and barriers and spirits controlled by the enemy.

«OOC» Daniel will have the appropriate spirit for the area (with luck, City), and have the group Concealed, and prepped to confuse the opposition. I'll send out 5 watchers to double up on the area with Frost's for 5/6 of the 'not here' places.

«Plot» KassGM says, "GMNOTES: This area is CITY for domain. lighting is currently PARTIAL, Background count is currently 1. Due to events by PCS and NPCs, there are minimal other metahumans in the area, the few that are left are Saints in disguise as squatters and such."

Frost sends out six sturdy force six watchers to the other possible sites, with orders to look for any "Magical activity, concealment, spells, or mana acting strangely. As well as if anyone gets killed at that site, come tell me immediately. If someone attacks you, run and tell me." with that he sends six of his watchers out, keeping a seventh at his side in case its necessary. He keeps his ally spirit Cara on his shoulder in the astral form of a mouse, making her a hard target to see blending in with his aura. He is masked currently, trying to pose as a mundane, and waits with Weeko and the others in their spot to watch the target site carefully. He switches back and forth from astral perception to mundane vision equally, just making sure nothing gets past him.

Weeko was not too happy that the search had not given a result before this night. Still, she could not find the clue that would make sure she'd get the main culprit, so she had to wait for her chance in this ambush. She had been examining this place on her past excursions during her patrols often enough, and had stored sufficient data for the Orientation system in her goggles memory using the Ultrasound input she had from her high-tech sunglasses, so she was waiting for the culprit or culprits at a good hideout, covered under her Ruthenium suit and wearing her selection of running gear.

After meeting with the others and handing out his phone number, Smoke heads back to his apartment at Mountain Hills. He lights copious amounts of sage and cedar while getting his lodge in order, cushions carefully placed, the medicine wheel before him on the floor. He summons a watcher and then looks at his roommate Kelris, "You stay in the lodge. Heal my ass if things look ugly."

Smoke pages: last thought, you said domain City, but could it also be sky if it is out in the open?

With the information distributed, Hitomi disconnects from the trix, and puts the satlink away. She settles down for a movie night, although, she's wearing bulletproof pajamas and has a gun next to her. Just in case someone comes knocking.

Daniel looks up at the sky, nervous over the potential chaos that seems very likely to happen. He sends out five Force 4 watchers, one to accompany each of Frost's (except for one), with the instructions to play guard-spirits… attack anything that happens to attack either themselves or the other watcher. By the end of it, he's broken into a light sweat, but nothing major. He keeps alternating his attention, from his watch to the sky, waiting for the appropriate time to conjure a spirit of the city to help in what ways it may.

It is a beautiful night tonight, clear, crisp, cool. The winds are from the southeast at about 15 MPH (24 KPH) and there are minimal clouds to block out the waning moon, almost half by tonight. The sounds of the Warrens are relatively muted tonight as the city seems to be holding its breath, waiting to see what will happen, what the runners will do. Few cars and bikes are traveling the roads, many diverted by the Saints or other minor gangs that have joined in the cause, out of fear or for money.

As an afterthought Smoke conjures an F4 Mist Spirit to travel with him. He nods to himself and settles back into the cushions, slipping from his body and stretching his wings to fly to the site. The spirit follows in his wake while the little watcher leads.

Frost and Daniel will redirect some of their watchers as the little spirits flit back and forth from where they are assigned, reporting on astral travelers and spells being cast, although when investigated it will turn out to be May, or Janie, or Aladriel, or one of the Saint's mage-friends herding metahumans either towards or away from the site with the help of Concealment from city spirits and invisibility.

Weeko makes herself comfortable in her hideout. This might be a long night or a short one. All depends on the targets of this mission, their alertness and off course Her and her teammates. If she can avoid it there will be no more murders, by these guys. She hopes to save at least some of the potential victims.

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "+2TN for Daylight F4 Mist Spirit, successes=Tasks available=gm~notes":
2 2 2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "+2TN for Daylight F4 Mist Spirit, successeskp1=Tasks available=gm~notes":
2 3 4 4 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Conjuring - 1 vs TN 6 for "+2TN for Daylight F4 Mist Spirit, successeskp3=Tasks available=gm~notes":
1 1 2 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Conjuring - 1 vs TN 6 for "+2TN for Daylight F4 Mist Spirit, successeskp5=Tasks available=gm~notes":
1 1 4 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Base TN6, Grade 1, center vs. bg count":
2 5 14 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Charisma vs TN 3 for "Soaking M=gm~notes":
1 2 4 4 8 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 5 for "Mystery (Wandering Monster)":
1 1 4 11 23

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Charisma - 3 vs TN 3 for "Soaking Mkp6=gm~notes":
1 3 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (totem) - 2 (Drain Help) vs TN 5 for "Force 5 City Spirit":
2 2 3 4 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Conjuring + 2 (totem) - 2 (Drain Help) - 2 vs TN 5 for "Force 5 City Spirit (kp 1)":
1 4 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Charisma + 2 (Totem) + 2 (Drain Help) vs TN 5 for "5M Drain":
2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Smoke says, "Has used 6/12 kp"
«Plot» Daniel has used 1/14

There is a minor disruption just as the sun kisses the ground and true dusk appears. Some profanity from down the block followed by the sounds of gunfire two blocks over.

In a blink of the mind, Cara flickers off only to reappear seconds later, reporting to Frost via their link, "It appears some sort of giant rat attempted to eat one of the Saints, from their yelling and talking. They shot at it and it ran away."

Frost sighs and trys to remain calm, though this is not his ideal situation to be in. He keeps from calling in his astral army, cause that would certainly draw attention to him. He thanks Cara for her recon and then goes back to waiting.

Daniel eyes Frost as if questioning, and opens himself up to the Spirit World in time to see the conjuror's companion fly off… and then return just as rapidly. "I was going to ask who should check on that, but it seems you've taken care of it," he says.

Quiet again. Far off, one can hear the sounds of the Warrens and perhaps past that the city herself. The wind blows trash up and down the block as you wait, the skittering of flimsies and trash, broken bottles and the occasional bit of clothing the only break in the monotony of staking out the alleyway where you hope your killer will appear.

Two very very long hours pass as the night air begins to steal warmth from you as well, the wind chilling the air.

Astrally, the alleyway is relatively dull, spotted only with recent and past traces of death, of beatings, of quick sexual congress out of the eyes of others. There are a few bright spots as well, perhaps the imprinted memory of children playing here in the daylight or a squatter finding some half-eaten food, their stomach full for at least one evening.

«OOC» Weeko says, "As a side note, Weeko would have suggested on potential hideouts for each of the team to cover as much ground as possible without being seen and she would have given crypt keys for radio communication to everyone."

«Plot» KassGM says, "The Saints and mercenary forces under the command of Janie, May, Aladriel and Silk will be tied into the radio net as well."

«OOC» KassGM says, "Ok. I need a STEALTH roll from everyone, as well as a PERCEPTION test"

Smoke moves across the city and eventually to above the site in the mirror realm, the watcher having orders to watch for astral enemies and the mist spirit sticking close waiting for orders. He has his tanto in his left hand and it gleams with its minor force giving him confidence. He visually searches for his friends and then begins looking for the potential enemy.

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Stealth for "Okay once I need some decent roll":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Stealth:
1 2 3 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Stealth for "Hide-Hide-Hide?":
1 1

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Intelligence:
4 5 5 5 5 8

«Plot» KassGM says, "DAniel expends one karma pool to avoid OOPS"

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Stealth for "Hidey hidey, good goo":
2 2 3 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Stealth for "Hidey hidey, good good KP:1":
2 3 15 17

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Stealth for "Okay once I need some decent roll (KP:1)":
1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Intelligence:
3 4 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Stealth for "Okay once I need some decent roll (KP:3)":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Intelligence for "KP: 2":
5 5 5 5 14

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence for "Perception!":
1 2 2 3 4 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Intelligence for "Perception?":
2 2 3 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Intelligence for "Perception?(KP: 4/21)":
2 4 4 5 9

«Plot» Daniel would like to apply 1 service of the city spirit to concealing the group. +5 to spot them.

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 for "What was that??":
2 3 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 for "What was that??":
2 4 5 7

Is it him?

Frost, Weeko, and Daniel all turn nearly simultaneously at the sound of a vehicle heading down this block, the last few hours of silence putting special emphasis on this. Late, a Saint will report 'Hey, guys, a van is heading down the block your way."

Indeed, it is a van should you look. One of the ubiquitous delivery vans/roaming black or grey or dirty white vans favored by the police, the federal government, delivery companies, and shadowrunners. It rumbles down the block slowly, almost menacingly, the dirty grey shade nearly invisible in the darkness.

Astrally, The van is a block of technology, ugly and man-made. More importantly, however, is the city spirit couched atop it like a bag of trash. It is quiet, not currently doing anything magical other than existing in the near astral, perhaps having recently carried out an order.

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko transduces, "Thanks for the late warning."

Smoke will look at the spirit closely and assense it. He stays near a roof top, hopefully out of sight.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 (to KassGM and Kassandra) for "Grade 1, center vs bg count":
1 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Intelligence for "Assensing the spirit":
1 1 3 4 5 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 (to KassGM and Kassandra) for "Assense the City Spirit?":
1 1 2 3 7 11 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 (to KassGM and Kassandra) for "Assense the City Spirit? (complementary)":
4 5 5 17 = 3 Successes

Frost mentally calls forth his air elementals and his water elemental, thats 2 great form Air, and 1 Great Form Water. He then mentally commands them to remain out of site until he gives orders, having them hide in a building or something. After that, he goes back to watching the van and spirit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 for "Comp":
3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

Weeko will simply sit and wait, circumstances point towards this being the time she waited for, but there is more she needs to see. To make sure.

For Daniel and Smoke: The spirit is indeed a City Spirit, of moderate power. He reads as below both men's Magical Rating in power, ranking a mere Force 5. The spirit is currently waiting for a command and is not currently doing anything magical.

Smoke sends his watcher spirit to Stone telling him about the spirit and waiting for possible orders.

Daniel takes note of the little garbage spirit atop the van, and takes the time to Look at it. Capital L. Important. He sees the spirit as being less powerful than he is, but that's not a sure sign of anything, in his experience. He clicks on his radio.

Commlink-Stone> Daniel says, "Got a spirit on the Van. It's not doing anything, and as far as I can tell, it's a normal city spirit."

The van comes to a stop just off the mouth of the indicated alleyway, the engine going quiet. The van sits there a moment, the engine block ticking as it cools. Perhaps thirty seconds go by before both the passenger and driver doors open, the occupants stepping out.

Both of those who exit are males dressed in clothing that could pass for street in the dark, although it seems a bit too clean and well-taken care of to be truly street garb. Atop that they wear longcoats, but seem to be lacking a weapon in either hand. They'll look around for a moment before heading to the back of the van.

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Intelligence for "Assensing the men":
1 1 1 2 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assensing the menkp7":
1 4 4 8 15 15 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 for "Assensing the menkp7":
1 1 1 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assessing the men, Looking to penetrate masking too":
3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Reduce the Bg count maybe?":
2 2 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 for "comp":
2 3 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 for "Assense, Assense, Assense the creepy van dudes":
3 3 3 4 5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 for "Assense, Assense, Assense the creepy van dudes (complementary)":
2 2 4 10 = 1 Success

<OOC» KassGM says, "Weeko (since you aren't assenssing), you can make a perception test on them to determine anything else."

Smokes little owl watcher appears near Daniel, just hovering.

Aurawise, these two men are more mundane than your table at home. Both have the tell-tale signs of technology as a part of their body, concentrated along their right hands and leading towards their brains. They seem competent and near-fearless, giving off the sort of committed purpose of a fantatic. They have the faint astral scent of death about them, the sort of second-hand smoke effect from being close to powerful magics and emotions.

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "My guess is these guys do the grunt work, set up the crosses, the big guy shows up later with the victims to do the killing."

Commlink-Stone> Daniel whispers into his radio, "They look mundane, but there's a bit of magic 'blowback'… like gunpowder. I can take a closer look at them… into their minds… but it's possible that I will be noticed if I attempt it."

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "Dont, we wait for the real threat"

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko nods and transduces, "Radio silence from now on, we do not know what means they have at disposal. Only real important stuff."

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko transducees, "Stay in your positions until the ritual starts. We strike right then."

Smoke stays where he is waiting, slipping into a slightly meditative state to calm his mind and the aura that flickers within his form. He clenches the Tanto tightly, watching the others for a sign to attack or not. To him, these seem like advance guard. The mist spirit stays low next to him.

Once they've looked around, the two men move to the back of the van and knock, almost respectfully. They'll pop open the doors (which puts them out of your view for a moment), one of them climbing inside. Moments will trickle by before the men step back from the van's back doors.

The Headhunter

Another man steps out, dressed similarly to the first two. This man, however, is a little shorter and wears a sombrero-type hat atop his head. He looks over the area with dead eyes, muttering to the men in a language that is NOT English, pointing to the back of the van. They nod quickly and move to climb in.

Frost makes no sound or movement, just waits to see what comes out of the van, it would be best to strike while they are concentrating on thier preperations.

Daniel begins the slow process of keeping himself focused, but not too keyed up… until the Sombrero-man steps out of the van. He frowns a little at the man. Easy much? Maybe. But he decides to take a Look anyway.

Weeko herself will do as she told the others, stay in her position and wait. They will be weaker once the guy started his ritual, she hopes. Usually such a thing needs to be completed or it fails at once. Or so she hopes. With luck that might have the mage locked and hopefully at least a little bit less dangerous.

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 for "Assensing the Sombrero man":
1 2 3 3 4 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 5 for "Assensing the Sombrero man":
2 2 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Centering vs TN 4 (to KassGM and Kassandra) for "Reduce the BG, Grade 1!":
3 4 5 = 2 Successes

You paged Smoke with 'Yes, this individual is VERY awakened.'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 (to KassGM):
2 3 4 9 = 2 Successes

You paged Daniel with 'This man is Awakened and Corrupt, his magical Attribute higher than yours. In addition, he has a number of small magical items on him, and seems both angry and suspicious.'.

Smoke moves down from his perch carefully, slipping along the edge of buildings and ending up near Stone. "This is our man I think, very awake." he whispers astrally.

You paged Daniel with 'Ah, sorry, only saw the 3 and then the aura reading. his exact magical rating is 14. Each of the magic items on him are force 2-4, depending on the item'.

Smoke he then moves back into the shadows and up again, trying for another look from above and a safe place to wait. The greyness of the buildings and the mood of this place is ignored for now. He concentrates on the Sombrero man.

Daniel sucks in a short gasp between clenched teeth, and almost jumps when he 'hears' the voice of Smoke behind him. "You may think," he whispers, his voice resonating on the astral with an alarmed sense of caution. "But I know. He walks the fallen paths. He is twice as powerful as either one of us… we should perhaps contact the others. Can you alert Snowman's companion? Have her spread the word to Tusks?"

The Dark Man looks around, sniffing the air like a dog. He grunts, turning his baleful gaze to the rest of the street for several long moments, peering at buildings and windows as if expecting something, searching and seeking prying eyes on his business. He issues forth a command in that language again, snapping his fingers like you might to a dog. A muffled reply comes from inside the van.

Frost remains quiet and still, perched in the darkness and behind whatever object conceals him mostly. He waits and watches, ready to send Cara to her native plane, and send his elementals to attack at the first sign of trouble.

Smoke moves off toward the direction of where Frost had positioned himself. He looks for the Ally Spirit that he has met before. The little female spirit that waived at him. He takes extra care now that the Sombrero man has revealed himself.

The female spirit is currently a mouse, and sitting on Frosts shoulder.

The Dark Man beckons to the garbage-bag like City Spirit, chanting a crooning call to it in his native tongue. The spirit animates and moves off of the van and towards the mouth of the alleyway, beginning to draw on its innate power, tapping into the gestalt of the city as it prepares.

The two servants of the Dark Man start to exit the van, drawing with them four men tied with a line, a bag over each of their heads. They seem docile, not fighting at all.

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "Now? (subvocal mic)"

Weeko still keeps her watch. Yes every muscle in her cries to take out that monster, but it would be unwise to just jump at this throat. He and his lackeys have proven to be deadly in the past. And she is not going to underestimate him she needs him maximum distracted before she can move. He should die first.

Smoke arrives near Frost and speaks to the mouse spirit, "He is very very powerful, and I think he is our killer. I will take care of the garbage spirit once this begins unless other spirits occupy it. His body shifts like wind whipped smoke.

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko transduces, "I'll give the call. When I do I'll try to take out the mage. You'll need to take care of the lackeys till I can deal with them."

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "I'll attack everyone, the bags could be concealing faithful lackeys ready to die for the cause."

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "stunning only"

Commlink-Stone> Daniel says, "Tried to get everyone's attention the quiet way. Didn't work. I'll have my spirit try to give you as much help as it can."

The Dark Man motions to his servants, sending them into the alleyway with the four men. The Dark Man begins to chant, gesturing towards the back of the van as he does so. A surge of power erupts from him in a wave, and crosspieces and tools begin to float out of the van towards the alleyway under the man's watchful eye, his face gone now. Raven looks out from beneath the hat, His hand guiding the moving pieces of wood.

Weeko slowly sneaks out. The work should at least a bit distract the man she will try to get behind him

Smoke moves a little to watch what the city garbage spirit is doing. Then he turns when he feels the power unleashed by the shaman. He glances at the others to see their reaction. Ready to move with the speed of being bodiless.

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 10 (Perception) vs TN 18 for "Detect Weeko, Stealth roll was 9 +5 for concealment +2 for distraction +2 for sustaining spell":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 5 13 = 0 Successes

Frost readies himself to give commands, and his first, is to send Cara to her native plane, getting her out of the battle in case things go badly.

Daniel calls out to his spirit, giving it the instruction to confuse the targets in the alley, starting with the headhunter himself first… but to wait for Weeko to spring her attack before beginning. Once that order is given, he gathers energy for his own attack slowly, lest he give away his intentions to anyone paying close enough attention.

The man carries out his task, his minions currently leading the hooded victims off down the alleyway. The city spirit waits to carry out its command, its power gathered. Meanwhile, levitated crossbeams for the crosses along with nails and hammers move off to follow the minions.

Weeko moves closer, using all the cover she has, the cover her ruth offers to the lackeys and she thanks the goddess for the help of her friends, when she is right behind the man, she will wait a second, focusing her powers.

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Magic vs TN 3 for "Strength boost 6 -> 10":
1 1 1 2 2 2 5 5 9 9 = 4 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "4 combat rounds of 10 strength"

Frost gives his own battle orders, as soon as the command is given, his two great air elementals are to engulf all four covered people as well as the two guards and anyone that might be hiding in the van. The Water elemental is to attack the head mage. The Air elementals are to stop engulfing targets as soon as they are unconscious, no killing.

Smoke worrys about the city spirit, not certain what its part is in this. He moves to strike at it quickly once things begin. He drifts quickly across the tops of the buildings, tanto in hand.

There are sounds of groans from the alleyway as bodies fall and are struck, the sounds of footsteps returning this direction. The materials continue into the alleyway, the last of them leaving the van under the Dark Man's guidance, the raven-faced man continuing his chanting.

STRIKE!

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko tranduces, "Strike!", she says as she attacks the mage with her own bare hands. Lethal force fuelled by her anger of the murderers deeds powering her hands.

«OOC» KassGM says, "Ok. Need everyone to make a Reaction Test Vs. TN 2 for the Ambush"

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "Surprise":
1 1 3 3 5 5 5 5 9 = 7 Successes

Frost gives his elementals the command to attack, Great Water against the mage, two great air to engulf everyone else in the alley not on thier team until they are unconsious. Frost…well, like all good generals, he stands back and watches, he does draw two pistols though, loaded with gel.

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "Ambush!":
1 1 1 3 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
4 4 4 5 16 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "Ambush":
1 2 3 5 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) rolls Reaction - 2 vs TN 2 for "Ambush! kp 4/14":
4 5 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Dark Man goes "Huh?"":
2 3 3 4 4 4 9 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Minion 1":
2 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Minion 2":
1 3 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» KassGM says, "Everyone has surprise on the bad guys."

«OOC» KassGM says, "Weeko actually called the attack, so unless there are some objections we'll have her do her attack first followed by the cluster of Every Spirit In The Game? Or would you rather init to see who can bag the guy first?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Kung Fu + 6 vs TN 4 for "Hitting Dark man real hard with Level S Killing hands. No games here.":
2 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 11 = 12 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Kung Fu + 6 - 12 vs TN 4 for "Hitting Dark man real hard with Level S Killing hands. No games here. (KP:1)":
2 4 = 1 Success

«OOC» KassGM says, "He cannot counter. Totally surprised and taken from behind, failed perception checks."

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend.":
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 11/?":
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 13/?":
1 1 1 2 4 5 9 9 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 16/?":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 11 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 20/?":
2 2 2 4 4 5 5 10 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 25/?":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Body) + 4 (KP) vs TN 13 for "Oh. Is that a fist coming out of my chest? 2 points Impact armour to defend., karma reroll 31/?":
1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "I go free?":
1 2 2 4 8 = 2 Successes

«Plot» KassGM says, "City Spirit goes Free."

Weeko stands behind the man, her attack command still reverbing in her head as she strikes into the mans chest. Unexpectedly for her not much resisting her hands angry fury so she feels her fingers grip around the mans darkened heart, and rips it out. Her turning him around after that she shows it to the mans dying eyes. "This is your end toxic waste…", she hisses, as she puts it into his hands.

The Dark Man gasps and shrieks in pain as the hand destroys much more than his concentration, ruining his heart and shattering the spells he had bound, the leash to his city spirit and to his corrupt power. He looks blankly at Weeko, trying to form Words of Power but to no avail. He gapes at the heart in his hands and crumples to the ground, blood pouring out of his chest, his mouth, out of the organ he holds.

Frost watches as Weeko strikes, and sees the mans aura start to fade as he dies, his Great Form Air Elementals rush into the alley and manifest in the air above thier targets, whips of smoke and wind whirl down to engulf everyone, the two minons and the hostages, choking off thier supply of air.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) uses 1 of item 7: Venus (F7 Great Form Air Elemental) Services from Elemental Services (#2885).
«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) uses 1 of item 5: Services from Great Form Air Elemental F7 from Elemental Services (#2885).

Smoke leaps with astral wings spread and tanto raised to strike, flying down on the city spirit from above. He makes a keening astral Sioux battle cry and suddenly the spirit simply winks out…back to its home plane. Smoke's swing slashes empty air! He spins looking back down the street and his wings unfurl casting smokey shadows as he speeds in the direction of the main battle.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls 7 (Force) + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Touch Attack, the minons get to counterattack, base damage 7S stun. Elemental 1":
1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 5 8 11 11 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls 7 (Force) + Combat Pool: 7 - 8 vs TN 4 for "Touch Attack, the minons get to counterattack, base damage 7S stun. Elemental 1 KP:1":
1 2 2 3 4 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls 7 (Force) + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Touch Attack, the minons get to counterattack, base damage 7S stun. Elemental 2":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 11 11 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frost (#1680) rolls 7 (Force) + Combat Pool: 7 - 7 vs TN 4 for "Touch Attack, the minons get to counterattack, base damage 7S stun. Elemental 2 KP:1":
2 3 4 4 5 5 8 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Minion 1. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job.":
3 3 3 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Minion 1. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job. Karma 1/3":
1 2 3 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Minion 1. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job. Karma 3/3":
2 4 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Minion 2. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job.":
1 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Minion 2. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job. karma reroll kp 1/3":
2 5 = 1 Success

«Stats System» Invalid roll: Zero dice rolled.

«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Minion 2. No CP because I suck and we're surprised. I hate my job. karma reroll kp 3/3":
4 = 1 Success

«OOC» KassGM says, "yeahwell."

The winds kick up in the alley, scattering debris everywhere, two small tornadoes manifest in the air, tendrils of dark smokey wind descending to engulf each person still standing and the ones lying on the ground. The air is tainted and noxious to breath, sounds of choking are heard faintly in the winds screaming. The two minions fall first to their knees, clutching their throats, and then finally fall over. The hostages, well, sadly they too are knocked unconscious from lack of air. As soon as everyone is in their slumber, the winds die down and the tornadoes vanish.

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "I say we tie up the lackies and the dead leader to the crosses and leave them for the cops. Leave the victems as they are, more witnesses."

Commlink-Tusks> Weeko says, "Cops? Inna 'Rens? When do ya see dat?"

Endgame

Less than three seconds have passed since Weeko removed the man's heart. Time rushes forward after the thrill of adrenaline, the city streets as quiet as they were before. A few pieces of trash skitter by the van and blood drips from the Dark Man's open chest.

Daniel feels the mana build and build, until the time to attack arrives… and then he sees the Ork's fist impale the killer's back, and his aura slowly fade. "Well… that was anticlimactic," he mutters, and shunts the mana build up away from himself. The rapidity of the process causes his mask to flare up. In the shaman's place is a dull grey figure… almost stone-lik in it's appearance, that fades away to his normal appearance in about ten seconds.

Commlink-Snowman> Frost says, "We call them and tell them the headhunter is down, they will come."

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls Willpower vs TN 5 for "Resisting 5M drain for strength boost":
1 1 3 4 4 5 8 9 15 = 4 Successes

Frost stands up from his hiding spot, still holding his pistols in his hands, he starts to walk towards Weeko, looking at the mess in the alley.

Weeko nods, "Good work, chummers. We saved a few lives today. And ended one that had the dire need for it. Ended a souls torment." She looks down on the man she killed, her hands red with blood. "Usually do not like killing but with that kinda guys I make exceptions.", she explains muttering more to herself than anyone else.

Frost nods and glances around "At least the lackeys are alive, we can let the star interrogate them, I got a friend who can pass the word discretly that the killer is down. The problem will be copycats, as well as if he has any more followers."

Smoke moves to Stone's side and whispers, "Ring and Knife, power there on him." He rises into the air and looks over the scene from above. Making sure there are no other minions. His astral wings beat as he hovers watching.

The wind picks up, moving the few clouds around in the sky and obscuring the moon for a moment. In the distance, the sounds of gunshots can be heard, along with the usual noise from the bars and nightclubs and holes in the wall. The city exhales, letting out its breath as the Dark Man's death rattle is heard.

Astrally, the man's augmented power fades first and then his own long-held energies as his soul and spirit leave his body for the Happy Hunting Grounds, or Hell, or wherever you go when you pass on. The aura on his magic items begins to fade with his death, the corrupt energy feeding back to whatever nightmare realm it came from.

Frost moves over to the lackeys, and checks them for weapons, removing whatever he finds, as well as anything else of value, ohh well, gotta earn a living somehow. "Someone check the shaman for valuables." he mutters

Weeko shrugs, "We'll pass the word around what happens to guys that try to copy him. Let's hint they will end like him. I really have no patience with murderers. The less if they thing a madman cool and try to copy him."

Daniel heaves a sigh. "Well, I guess we can't find out from the mage himself if he has any other followers out there. I wonder if his other lackeys would be able to provide an answer…"

Weeko shrugs, "It was too risky. If he had a chance to strike back, he might have done more than just shrieked. And with his dark power, only the goddess knows what mighta happened."

Smoke begins to circle watching carefully as the corrupt energies fade. "That is what matters, the demon is gone." He wonders what dark thing the man was really up to. Letting out a sigh he swoops down through the street and lands near the group.

Frost will easily be able to find the knife and small firearms that the lackeys had, and then can move to remove anything that might have been magical or looks magical off the body of the downed mage, including a ring, a large fighting knife, and a few other likely looking items (GM will include in the log, wont get more specific in case they are turned down)

Smoke 's form solidifies like a transparent ghost image, still in his astral form.
«Auto-Judge[]» Smoke (#1419) has the Information Aura with the value 'A winged man with a body made up of smokey vapor and silvery threads with opal colored owls eyes. His hands are like talons, the right very dark and the left a lighter grey and less sharp in feel. When he is absolutely still, the vapors take the form of black and white feathers. There is a sense of tightly held calm about him with whispers of laughter that occasionally light in his chest in light blue flowering sparks.'.

While frost is robbing the dead (Daniel will be having a word with him about that… not that he finds anything wrong with the idea. Just Frost had damned well share), Daniel moves over to the unconscious lackeys. "I may end up regretting this, but I'm going to have a look into their minds. See if I can find anything out that could help us tie up any loose ends."

«Auto-Judge[]» Daniel (#7693) has the Spell Mind Probe with the following information:
-----> Spell for Daniel (#7693) <------
Spell Name: Mind Probe
Force: 4
Spell Type: Detection
Target: W(R)
Drain Code: S


Frost finishes his looting, and looks around, he mentally calls Cara back to him, and informs her everything appears safe now. She rests on his shoulder in her mouse form as usual. He nods to Daniel "Might be a good idea, if anything, we can find out where his workshop was and see if anything else valuable is there. No sense letting the authorities claim it."

Weeko just shrugs at the sight of her team-mates looting. She had not been here for other rewards but the one to make the world a little bit saver in the name of the goddess. And for her kids. She turns to the others, "Well, I think my part is done here.", she says and starts to walk off, towards the Abyss where her bike is parked. Maybe to stop at her Crank apartment to wash off the blood.

Smoke looks at Weeko, "You struck true. The monster deserved no mercy." He bows low to her.

Frost looks up and nods to Weeko "I'll send you your cut of whatever we get. Gotta feed those kids of yours."

Smoke looks at the others as his semi material form begins to fade, "Heading back, someone call me. Or I can call Lone Star and report this?"

Weeko shakes her head, "Give my share to the Saints. I owe them as much for the dead men and the Worries. And some other people too. I'll send ya a list. Dependin' on how much my share will be."

Frost nods to Weeko "Will do." he looks to Smoke "I'll call my friend, he can use this information to his advantage, I always like to help friends."

The men cannot resist Daniel as they are unconscious and half-dead from having the air sucked out of them.

Daniel can pry open their memories the way a man might pry open a box to look inside.

The men were both deadly afraid of the Dark Man, but at the same time in awe of him. He is a wise man, a shaman of their tribe and a revered elder. They worked with him to capture the victims, these four being the most recent, using their skills and tools of the trade to drag them off.

You'll see images of where they worked and lived, a home in the Ute Sector that had fallen into disrepair. Nearby homes were looted for wood and supplies for the crosses, and tho they lived in squalor, they knew that glory was but a few more deaths away.

«Plot» Daniel will look for the address of the place, see if there are other victims locked up waiting to be the next part of the puzzel, for starters.

Frost stands up and mentally gives orders to Cara "Please go get the car." and with that, she zooms off to materialize in the blue Ford Americar parked a few blocks away, and starts it up and drives it towards the alley.

«Plot» KassGM says, "You can get the address. There are no other victims, they were getting them right before the rituals so as to not alert authorities"

Smoke watches Stone do his magic and flits up to the roof. Staying for just a little longer and then ordering the mist spirit to conceal him for the journey home.

Frost reaches for his phone and calls up Roger Dawson, his contact that knows the Star and KE very well. "Hey Roger, headhunter down, address is *. Give me about fifteen minutes to finish cleaning up before you let your friends in the Star know they can find their killer."

Daniel keeps his attention on maintaining the spell, but turns to ask the others. "I've got the address of their residence. It's out in the UTE, but there are no more victims there. Anything else anyone can think of to help tie up the loose ends?"

Frost shakes his head to Daniel, the Blue Ford Americar pulling up to the end of the alley. "Hmm, lets take the van too."

Weeko will walk past the Saints posts and approach Gabriel her hands still a bloody mess and give him a short first hand report. She owes him as much, for all the help he and his gang have been through this trying time. Then she assures him of her help if his gang will have problems with the borders due to all of the help they gave. Having done this she really heads home.

Frost mentally calls to Cara "Take the car home please." he then heads over to the van and puts all the loot in it, he then picks up his phone and sends a text message to Silk «Headhunter down, collecting his trinkets, think you can sell them?» he then gestures for Daniel "Get in the van, we will go visit his workshop and see what we can find."

"I'll drive the van wherever you like in the warrens, but nowhere else," Daniel offers. "I have a sort of… bad luck with vehicles."

Smoke arrives back in his physical shell and opens up his eyes to look at his friend that was watching his body and ready with a medkit. "It's over." He says simply, flexing his fingers a little to get the feeling back into them. "Damn I hate it when my legs fall asleep. What silly bastard invented sitting Indian style?"

Silk will remark over the link, «I'll see what I can do.»

«OOC» Frost says, "Nope, I want Dan to conceal me and the van as we head to the workshop, loot it, then drop the van and loot off wherever silk wants it. I honestly don't think anyone wants any of his foci. My ally spirit will pick us up with the car, and I'll take Dan wherever he wants"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License