Get To The Diner
GM: Shoeshine
Players: Indrakshi, Nel, Lost, Matija
Synopsis: The 'runners are called to move a chip with paydata from the Warrens over the Warrens Wall and finally into AAA security area; Downtown, Draco Tower, Big D's Diner. While it is a serious activitiy, it is also a test, and a set-up of the enemy runners who will be almost required to try to acquire the PC 'runners and intercept/destroy the chip in the AAA zone. Culminates in corporate holding cells and simple questioning and some surprising character actions.
Date: November 24, 2074

The call may go out through the fixers and faces. It may be a short-range decker-blast that only targets people who 1. follow the shadow-trix and 2. happen to be within a half-mile of The Rez, the neutral-zone reservoir area in the Warrens where the marketplace known as 'the souk' sets up. It might be a personal call. But the request is to come to Joney's Rat-Onna-Stick Shack (he also sells souvenirs) right damn now if you got the time to make a little cred.

"No, no, no, it's not as gross as it sounds, honest!" Matija walks along with Nel on the way through the Souk. "I had some the other day, it was kind of tasty, really, Just don't picture their tails and it'll be fine," she elbows Nel in the ribs as they head to Joney's Rat Onna Stick Shack.

Indra has enough connections about the city that even Rens life filters back to her, she's only helped save a local gang, so why the fuck not? Though she never goes to the Rens in her regular socialite clothing. No, it's drive to the border, stash her ride some where safe, keep the heavy gear just over the border, suit up, and head in. One can never trust the Rens after all. Though, she probably could have her friends just watch her ride, they've done it before. But thats how Indra will do it, her face obscured by mask, shades, and helmet. That, and if needed, plain mother fucking invisible.
«Plot»Indra's Attribute tattoos:
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Willpower + 12 vs TN 3 for "Popping Ink One":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 14 14 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + 5 vs TN 4 for "Popping Ink 2":
1 1 2 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 9 10 11 = 12 Successes
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Both soaked."

Of course, being poor and downtrodden (mostly), Nel shows up at the Rat-Onna-Stick Shack without much hesitation. She had things to accomplish and without creds that'd be tough. The concept behind the food, however, is something entirely different. "Still sounds gross."

"Now, you get some on the deep dish, and it's one of the best things after a night at the bar," Matija nods her head emphatically, as if trying to tell herself that deep dish is superior to New York style. "Oh, there it is," she says, pointing to the shack. "Let's see if the offer's still open."

Nel shudders slightly. "I've eaten some food I thought was bad, but I don't think I could get so excited about something…" She follows Matija over towards the shack where they'd likely meet up with everyone else at some point.

Though she may not live in the Warrens herself, the call still makes her way to Lost's ears some way or another. Banking on the Rez's reputation of being somewhat safer, at least during the day, as many parts of the Warrens, she opts to forgo a disguise, showing up at the Rat-Onna-Stick shack on foot in street clothes along with a old, oversized leather jacket and a pair of shades.

Whether or not this is a good thing, 'Joney' does not appear to be manning his Rat-Onna-Stick shack, and while the grease-filled hot fryers, the cooler with the rats and other meat-like things, and the skewers are in evidence, the real action is the pale man who is in the back area of the tiny shack which is really just a display counter kind of thing in a marketplace. There's only a curtain hanging down which separates the storage area where the t-shirts reading, "At these prices, I'm cuttin' me own throat!" and so forth are kept, from the front. However it is done, the pale man doesn't have much problem spotting you and saying, "Come in back. Not much room." (You'll have to climb over the front counter to do it.)

Indra will slide over the front counter to stand in the back, adjusting her long coat after she does so and wait, eyes flickering about behind those mirrored glasses. Cycling the Thermographics on and off as she does. One can never be to paranoid.

Matija smirks at the scene and she reaches up to grab hold of the awning so she can pull her legs over the counter, "What happened to Joney?" she wonders, looking about. She can't help but think that their mission will be to track him down.. "I like the shirts," she mentions, quickly checking for one her size.

When inside, the pale mane is revealed to be.. not quite something you would expect to see in the 'Rens. Severe. Sparse. Spare. His mouth; a line, lips bleached to ease their redness. His flesh is an albino white. He is the suit he's wearing, Armante of course and perfectly fit to his above average human height. Slim black tie over white, pale onyx cufflinks. Exquisitely creased pants. Shoes so free of adornment the ground deigns not to soil them, and that says something around here. Perhaps more important, though, is the man oozing greenish tainted blood onto the pile of t-shirts that he's lying on (and ruining) as a bed. Dirty, grungy; he has a medkit plugged up to him and discarded nanoinjectors are no doubt doing their work as he struggles to breathe steadily, and the pale man watches him. "Was in a hurry, paid him off," the pale man says. "If the blood comes out of them, I'll give you one, because I had to buy them all. Let's say this is 'Albert.' Al, if you can, tell them your story and what you need."

Nel hops over the counter without much of an issue and slips into the shack behind Matija. She raises a brow when she spots the man lying on the T-shirts bleeding green ooze. "Well.. this is getting interesting."

'Albert' says, "Was on a run outta town. Physical infil, downloaded paydata on a chip. Needed to come into town without hitting checkpoints so I walked in from the wild to the 'rens, but that way hits the Sticks. Barely made it here, can't get over the Wall like this. The chip goes to Draco Tower. Take it to Big D's Diner, ask for the line cook, his name is 'Raoul.' Give it to him, he knows what to do." Dramatically, this is when Albert should sputteringly breathe his last, but while he does relax and close his eyes, he's not dead, just resting. Pining for the fjords perhaps.

Indra blinks her eyes slowly, they just need to relocate a chip? That's really it? "Payment to be provided." She says, it's not a question, it's a simple demand, the man can die for all she cares, she needs to know of the pay first.

The pale man bends down and adjusts the narcotic flow for a moment. The pale man says, "You will be appropriately recompensed. If I have it right, somewhere between ten and twenty k per person. If you run into something absurd, you'll get more."

Nel glances to Indra, a woman she had worked with quite recently, and then nods. "Yeah, I'd prefer a payment. I'd rather not end up bleeding green for nothing." She gestures to the resting man. When the payment is spoken of, Nel nods. "Sounds good."

Lost crinkles her nose distastefully at the sight of rats and other meat-like things that purveyor of the shack calls food. But she nevertheless hops the front counter as gracefully as she's able. She nods to Matija, and grins, looking as though she's about to say something. It quickly fades as 'Albert' comes into view. Crossing her arms, she surveys the pale man and 'Al' warily for a few moments, listening to the two men speak before nodding and looking to Indra. As the pale man responds, she nods. "Has your friend received magical healing yet?" She asks, tilting her head as she takes a few steps toward 'Al' who's clearly still just resting.

The pale man says, "He has, that's why he can speak."

"Oh, jesus," Matija winces as she sees Big Al laying back oozing green machismo all over the souveniers. She clenches her teeth at the man's smell, and tries to breath shallow for his speech, doing her best to not appear as disgusted as she is. She nods her head, "Bring a chip to Raoul, check. That doesn't sound too hard."

The pale man says, "Do I have everyone's agreement?"

Nel nods. "I'll agree to it. Let's give it a go."

"You betcha, buckeroo," Matija nods her head. "Twenty K each for delivering a chip to a line cook in Big D's."

Lost raises both brows, "That bad, huh?" She asks, looking to the pale man. Shaking her head, she whispers, "Rest well, 'Al'…" And nods to the pale man, "Sure. I'm in." That said, she turns toward the rest of the group, nodding to Matija, "Sounds easy enough, sure. Just gotta get the chip across the wall. Shouldn't be too hard…"

Indra is hoping the Datachip isn't stuck in a case with a GPS. "Easily delivered." Mostly, because Indra is fairly certain she can waltz over the line.

The pale man reaches into his vest pocket, and produces the chip. Just like any other, this one was probably purchased from behind the counter in a Stuffer Shack, empty, ready for any kind of utility data to be downloaded upon it. It's the size of a fingertip, and has a tiny little cheapo plastic case so it doesn't get wet. "Who carries it?"

Indra will volunteer to carry it, she can hide it in any myriad pocket! Also, turn Invisible if it comes down to that. "Is there any active pursuers to be aware of?" She'll ask. Might as well find out now then later.

The pale man says, "I don't know. If so, they didn't pursue through The Sticks. So either there aren't any, or they're smarter than they are persistent."

Indra inclines her head, and she will hide the chip away if no one is going to stop her. "Consider the job as good as done." She says..and then she'll hop the counter, so she can head back to her ride, time to get this done!

The pale man does indeed provide the chip to Indra if no one else takes it.

Nel doesn't bother to stop Indra. She had seen what the woman could do, so it was probably safest with her anyway. So, she makes her way back out, slides over the counter, and looks back for Matija and the others.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Anything else at Joney's Rat-Onna-Stick?"

It looks like Indra knows the way to Big D's Diner and has a ride to get there. This should be easy money as far as Matija is concerened. She gives the pale man a nod, "Don't worry about the shirt," she says, laundry or not, that green ooze doesn't look like something she'd want to be wearing about town. "The fuck was wrong with that guy?" she asks, once they're a few paces away.

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Man. Do you actually mean Big D's as in the IC grid location T?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "I do in fact mean Big D's Diner, the hamburger shop on the lobby level of The Draco Tower, as in the IC grid location."
«Plot» Indrakshi just..changes in her limo and drives home. Walks a block, delivers chip? O.o
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "If you think that will work, you may make the attempt, and we will go throught it."

Lost just rolls her shoulders as Indra takes the chip, sliding back over the counter easily, and way from all that rat stank. Not to mention gross greenish blood. Looking to Matija, she shrugs, "Nothing good. Whatever it was, it damn near killed him." She purses her lips, thinking about that, "And he didn't look like he was out of the woods yet. Anyway, let's get this done… and try to avoid the fate that befell our friend 'Al'."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Okay. Now, let us say we are all outside of Rat-Onna-Stick. We are at the parking (vacant) lot of the souk, which is guarded by burly orks with AK-97s. You are all on foot. Tell me, verily, what you all do or desire from here."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I'm going to get out of the Rens, back to my car. :)"

«Plot» Nel will have a hard time getting out of the warrens if she has to pass a checkpoint or anything.

«Plot» Lost will follow Indra. Cause driving beats walking.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Perhaps you should converse, ICly, to let each other know of your capabilities in crossing the Warrens Wall one way or another."

«Plot» Matija says, "Is a rating 4 ID good enough to pass through these checkpoints?"

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Under most circumstances, yes, Matija. You would expect to be able to cross the Warrens Wall with a rating 4 SIN."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "The problem is if they ask why yer carrying less then legal weapons."

Indra is just going to leave the same way she came in. Even if she had to, she has a legit SIN..or a good fake, but it's easier to just avoid the hassle. "Come Morgan." She says to Lost, clearly, others can follow with, or make their own way. "It's time to go back to Jarvis."

Matija follows along with the others, and she gives a glance to Nel. "Have you got a passport sorted yet?" she wonders.

Being that Indra has the item of interest, there is really no point to go anywhere else, so Nel does the logical thing and follows the woman. If nothing else, she'd have to part way with them at the border, depending on how tight security would be and whether or not she'd be able to sneak through somehow. "No, no I don't."

Lost, for her part, starts to follow along behind Indra. "Hold on a second. We've all got to get across the Wall, after all. So I'm pretty sure you and I can get past without too much trouble, but if there are those of us without SINs…" She pauses as Nel speaks up, "There you go. We're going to have to find a way to get you through."

Nel shrugs. "It may just be easier to leave me behind." She frowns a bit. "Sure, I miss out on some creds and such, but it doesn't do much good if we spend more time trying to sneak through than getting stuff done."

«Plot» Matija says, "T, can you describe the borders? Are they like 50 foot death fences, or just cement walls with barbed wire?"

The four of you, on foot, head via the usual methods from The Rez to the general area of the Warrens Wall. There are a good many checkpoints and a good many secret ways and methods because the wall is pretty long. It's a pretty long walk, too, through many different gang territories, all of which issue the standard jeers and catcalling, offers to take up service, offers for drugs (the first hit is always free) and general shakedowns to let you cross their territory. When the group of you finally get within sight of a Warrens Wall checkpoint and have discerned that under ordinary circumstances, everyone should be able to make it over but Nel, you all collectively sigh with the large number of people clearly waiting in line, rolling out along the block. "This Is A Heightened Security Zone! Code 'S' is now in effect! This Is A Heightened Security Zone! Code 'S' is now in effect!" can be heard over the speakers.
The Warrens Wall is 30-40 foot high, with barbed wire, security guards patrolling on top of it in pairs, and occasional turret towers. Security drones can also be seen at times, as can fiber-optic cameras and more broader-view cameras. At the bottom, there is a receiving area where individuals walk through a basic MAD scanner (metal detector), have their SINs checked, and may be waved aside for 'special attention.' There's another area for cars to drive through, and that's even more backed up (for all that few people take cars in here). It looks like today, of all days, they have upped the number of people getting 'special attention.' I wonder why that is.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Magic Background anyone?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Magic Background:
1 4 4 4 4 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Intelligence for "Defaulting Magic Background":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Magic Background:
1 1 15 40
«OOC»We abase ourselves before Matija for a moment.

«Plot to Matija, Lost» 'You know, and can confirm with Astral perception, that low-power spirits patrol this area pretty heavily. You also both know that those fiber-optic cameras allow a wizard on the other end to use his astral perception through them (as a mild penalty) and even cast spells (again, at a mild penalty, similar to casting through a tinted window.)'.

«Plot From Matija» Does astral percpetion see invisible people?
«Plot to Matija»It does. It sees a person's aura, and the 'invisibility' spell hanging onto the aura.

Lost grumbles when she catches sight of the line, going up on tiptoes to get a slightly better view. "Well. We may be waiting for hours to get through here." Sighing, she turns toward the seemingly impenetrable boundary of the Warrens Wall, "And if we cause a scene here, we're gonna be up to our ears in drek faster than you can say it." She worries at her bottom lip, thoughtfully, "We've got patrolling spirits and there's a good chance there's a mage watching on the other end of a camera somewhere." Looking around at the group with a hopeful expression, she asks them all, "Any ideas?"

Nel frowns at the beefed up security. Had it not been so ridiculous, they might have gotten through easily enough. "Well… this certainly seems like an issue." She glances at the others. "Long wait no matter how we look at it."

«Plot» Matija says, "an I roll Denver Smuggling Routes to finda passage under the wall that we can get through?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You can. Today, that will be TN 6. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I warn that there may be a penalty for failure. It's almost like they are on an increased alert or something."
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Denver Smuggling Routes vs TN 6:
3 5 5 = 0 Successes
Matija joins in chorus with Lost's grumbling. "Poor sod staring at the wall of monitors probably had visions of slaying dragons growing up. Now they're just some poor slob sitting in a cubical with high blood pressure and diabetes." She shakes her head and sighs, looking about. "It looks like they might be on the lookout for something coming into that Zone from here. We might try going to another zone first, and then going where we want to go."

Indra does an about face, this is why she rarely -bothers- with the check points at the best of times. This looks bad, then worse. She has hot product on her, and weapons of questionable legality. Time to get away from here, before a fuss is raised over a PMC Operator in the warrens. Though, fuck if she's going to take off her mask and glasses until away from the check point. "Alternate routes." She says outloud and will angle to go closer to the Rens area her friends are in. At least she can get decent soup at the soup kitchen if it turns into an over night stay! Yep.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You try heading over to another Warrens Wall checkpoint. It's true, the one you chose was the biggest and most convenient. The next two over, the ones where sometimes the ebb and flow of traffic lets one totally zip through; they are also in heavy security mode. Chances are it's going to be this way on all the standard checkpoints."

The whole border's probably teeming with Police, and Matija dismisses her own idea, when a lightbulb goes off. "Oh, I just remembered this stim run I had into that area," she says. "I took my bike through a tunnel," she says. "People said it was haunted, but I didn't see any ghosts. A lot of possums, though. Which was strange. Albino possums." S he shrugs her shoulders. "Come on, we get cat there through a parkade nearby."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Perception checks for those who are heading through the parkade."
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 4 for "The stealth of the enemy":
3 4 5 5
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "TN 5."
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5:
3 3 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 for "Elf ears and eyes.":
2 2 2 3 3 5 = 1 Success

Lost considers Matija's words, "I almost feel sorry for the guy…" She begins, looking around, "Of course, it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who's effectively an obstacle. I guess…" Sighing, she looks down at her feet, shaking her head, "I'm just glad it's not /me/ sitting in some cubicle somewhere, watching people as if they were cattle…" The elf shudders at the thought. As Indra starts to wander away from the group, she nods, "Stay in contact." Besides, trying to stop Indra likely wouldn't do much good anyway. Looking to Matija she shrugs, then looks to Nel, "Well, it may be our only option… It think it's important to point out, though, that the one with the item has wandered off somewhere…" Even so, she follows along with Matija. It's not like she's going to stand and wait in line, anyway.

It's under an overhang and behind some stairs, a little nook and cranny kind of place that one wouldn't expect would open up underground. One also wouldn't expect the little laser eye that's down at ground level that was not there before. Keeping out of its way, one can angle around to see if the, hey wait. The tunnel is white, solid white. The tunnel has been filled with freeze foam, rock solid. Only way through is with a lot of weapons, a lot of time… or freeze-foam solvent.

"…The freeze foamed the Colonel?" Matija seems crestfallen at the thought of the unusually large albino possum people in these parts whisper about at night, huddeled around their hobofires. The Colonel was a three foot long possum that was said to live in those tunnels, and feed of the souls of the homeless who would dare spend the night. Shaking her head, she looks over to Lost and Nel, "You guys have any snappy ideas?"

Nel thinks for a moment. "Hmmm… well, unless we can find the one with the chip again, doesnt do us much good to do anything at all."

Lost can't help but chuckle at the sight of the free foam filled tunnel, levelling a wry grin at Matija. "It was worth a try, anyway. Any" She looks around, pacing a few steps back and forth as she thinks. She straightens up suddenly, nodding to Nel, "Yeah. True enough. Let me try and raise her."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Now we have resolved Matija's initial attempt and no one set off the laser eye that would call the cops here to check out who's trying to be clever buggers."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Next attempt!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Smuggling Routes vs TN 6 for "First Try":
1 10 = 1 Success

Commlink-Memory> Lost says, "Manitou, do you read?"

Indra has done enough work with Omen to know a few ways. Some are now gone <One has since been patched up.> Another collapsed entirely, it's the third place she checks that she lucks out on. She isn't sure what the original purpose of the short tunnel was. Large enough to crouch and move through after opening a cover, personally, she thinks it was a steam tunnel. Then again, Indra might be delusional, more likely, it's from the days of under ground wires for cable internet or some thing, power, and judging from the banged up pipes? Maybe water. Not that it matters, she knows it's a way out without being observed. It even remotely comes out near where she wants it to. Before she'll emerge into 'civilized land' she'll hide her gas mask and helmet under her long coat and then carefully pop out the other side and look back down the tunnel, did any one even bother following her?

Commlink-Manitou> Indrakshi says, "Already Didi'd. Time to make a Delivery."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You may perceive, Indra. Include all senses."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Intelligence for "Lowlight. Thermographics.":
2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 14

Commlink-Memory> Lost says, "How'd you get through? We'll try and meet you."

Commlink-Manitou> Indrakshi says, "Old Steam tunnel. I think it's a steam tunnel. Or water piping, or some thing. You have to crouch to get through."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Everyone can go through the tunnel and now be on the 'good side' of the Warrens Wall, having quite casually (with a little crawling and searching around) defeated millions of nuyen worth of security."

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + 6 vs TN 2 for "Because T has me paranoid now. I'm going invisible till others emerge!":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 11 11 = 13 Successes

Lost mutters briefly to herself before motioning to Nel and Matija, "Alright, sounds like she found a way through. Let's go. It's an old steam tunnel or something." With Indra directing them, it shouldn't take too long for the rest of the team to regroup with Indra on the 'good' side of the wall.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You may pose your forming up, somewhere near Falstaff's, and tell me how you proceed."

Indra will wait, invisible, on the good side, since there's people moving around, a Tbolt in each hand. Paranoia? her? No! Never! Once she's determined there is infact, not bad things after her, she'll drop the ability and reholster those customized Tbolts. "I need to ditch some of the kit. People get uppity about body armor down town." Along with heavy automatic weapons and the like. So she has to walk to Jarvis!

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Well. I was going to just change in my Limo and go to Big D's?"

Having been bested by security and foam, Nel wanders off in search of Indrakshi and her way through the wall. It seemed like a better idea than trying to pass through security. Eventually, she locates the place the Indra was talking about and slips through to eventually meet up with the woman.

"Let's go!" Matija nods as she falls in with Lost on the way to the steam tunnel. She checks behind her often, suspecting they may have picked up a tail near the freeze foam tunnel.. Or maybe it's the Curse of the Colonel's Ghost following them that has her on edge. Crawling through the tunnel is a tight affair, but being a courier has her with lots of experience in such sketchy places. "Well, that wasn't so bad, now was it?"

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So. The group of you are all together. You are in the vicinity of Indra's no doubt awesome vehicle. Indra, you can change and stow where-ever you would like to change and stow. Big D's is, indeed, in down town proper, AAA security zone."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Draco Tower is in the Triangle District, with gigantic skyscrapers, tinted windows, kiosks, concrete. Knight Errant has a cop at every corner. The Yamaha Motors building is here also, as is the Denver Convention Center. Draco Tower itself has a parking garage, and a big courtyard. Your goal is to enter the front door of Draco Tower, into its expansive lobby, and immediately turn right into the old tyme malt shop style 1950's cafe."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You could also park in the parking garage and come up through the elevator."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Or you could land a helo on the roof, rappel down 60 stories, and go in guns blazing. But I think that's dangerous. Do you have any other questions?"

«Plot» Lost says, "Is there another checkpoint to be passed between here in the CAS sector and Downtown?"

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "The Mooreland Building, where Indra lives, is a few blocks west of the Triangle District. (Just one 'square' on the mush though.) That is a AA area. It would indeed be an easy walk. A little longer than 'one block'. There are no other known checkpoints between here and there.

Old fashion malt shop? Check. Sure, normally Indra goes for a bar of the era's theme, but she'll make every one wait outside of her ride as she stashes things and wiggles into an appropriate gear, and applies lipstick. Mmpop her lips go when she feels she's got it right. Then people can come in. See the cute Femme Fatale? About to pick up lunch before an all night set at a club near Big D's? Perfect! She'll just have Jarvis drive to the right area and park it self!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "It sounds like everyone piles into the car? Are you driving to your home, Indra, where you are probably guaranteed a good parking spot, or are you trying to park in some random place closer?"

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I'll have Jarvis drop me off and go some where else for a bit. Call them back when I'm done."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "When you say 'drop you off' where is it going to drop you off. At home? At the closest street to Draco Tower? Somewhere else?"

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Draco Tower yes."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I don't need it to park, it has Auto Nav <Technically, it would have Drone AI> so it can circle for a while until I have it return."

"Nice ride," Matija nods her head as she crawls into the limo. Comfy seats and tinted glass, she smiles as she sinks into the cushions and watches through the windows how the other side lives.

Lost doesn't have a more suitable outfit for going uptown, but figures street clothes should be enough for stopping in at the vintage styled diner that is The Big D's. And if not, apparently the elf is confident enough in being able to bluster through the social setting armed with nothing more than natural charisma. "Alright then. Guess we're looking for a man named Raoul." She can't really help herself when she gets into the limo either, relaxing into the fancy seats.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, I have everyone in the car. The car has been ordered to drive to drop you all off at the closest location to Draco Tower. It's a little roundabout that they have for pick-ups and drop-offs, just like most hotels and the like have, with a little walk from there to the front door; carefully positioned for the most impressive imaging. However, you won't be getting there immediately. When you are approaching the area two blocks away from Draco Tower, fully within the highest security zone, two officers wave to your vehicle, bidding you to stop, and moving to get in front of you on foot. (You can see that other such officers are doing similarly to other cars, so actually, it's not just you.)"

Nel slides her way into the Limo after they are given access. She seems a little more appropriate in this sector as opposed to the warrens, as her nicer clothing fits in a little better.

Indra gestures at the other runners when they get in. "No, you will stay here. I will find Mister Raoul." She says and notices the police and holds up a hand to silence every one. "Allow me." She says, moving to begin lowering a window so she can speak with the officers.

One officer stays in front of the car so you can be charged with a crime for running him over, and one comes around to the window, specifically bending over and looking inside. "I'm afraid I'm required to issue a warning to all vehicles passing through this area. The Draco Foundation is allowing a low-powered magical experimentation crew from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Thaumaturgy to be performed in their courtyard and surrounding areas. It may reach an unpredictable distance. We completely understand that wandering drivers may not wish to be subject to strange magical effects even though we have been assured that it is completely harmless. If you wish, the detour is right over there." He points.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "And; everyone who has an illegal weapon on their person at this time, tell me."
«Plot After The Fact» We determine that Nel has an Ares Monosword strapped on her underneath her lined coat, and Indra has copious weaponry hidden under rubbish and the like, not even in a concealed compartment, but just out of view; like the pistols in the wet bar. If by some strange coincidence the car was honest to goodness searched, they would easily be found.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "tn 3 for monosword, becomes 5 with lined Highlander coat that covers it even when sitting down inside vehicle, +2 tn for looking in a window, AAA Knight Errant Security Guard":
2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "kp 1":
3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "It is possible that you all become painfully aware of Nel's monosword, much more aware than the security guard is as he politely informs you of the magical experimentation, and gives you the opportunity to move elsewhere."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Or you can proceed forwards."

«Plot» Lost wants a 50 =Y= milkshake.

«Plot» Matija says, "Those fries are to die for, I hear."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Again, I don't need my Limo to drive directly to the tower, I just needed it to go near it so I can walk over."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "So I assume it can drive like another block away and I'll walk over?"

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You can. You can park a block away, you can park in the Draco Foundation driveway, you can do either of these things."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I'd like to park it a block or two away, within 'safe' distance for the Cops directions, and walk over."

Lost tenses briefly as the officer approaches the vehicle, but manages to cover up her anxiety with a bright smile. As he finally steps away, she heaves a sigh of relief, "Well, that was close. A low-powered magical experiment, huh?" She repeats, glancing out the window of the limo, "I wonder what that's all about…" Glancing up to Indra, she tilts her head to the side, "You sure you just want us to wait here?"

Nel doesn't argue. Staying in the limo is fine for her. There's no reason to expect much since Indra is just going to deliver the chip to Raoul. The officer checking them out, however, was a bit of added incentive to stay inside. She was nothing more than a liability.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You are parked. You are within the vehicle. You are in a AAA security zone. You have illegal things covered up in the car. When you get out and essay that 1-2 block walk, I will ask you for an assessment of what you are carrying and any special actions you are taking, and then there will be no tap backs."

Indra doesn't want to have SINLESS walking into high security buildings. "This is correct. The area is going into higher security then normal, and I am at least known in downtown. I do -sing- for a living." She huffs, seriously, thats the angle she'll work!

Lost considers Indra's response briefly. "Alright. Fine. Good luck." Is her response before she crosses her arms and leans back with relative comfort into the seats of the limo. "Stay on the comms, we'll be here if you need us…" Clearly, she doesn't think the other elf needs to be reminded, but she says the words nonetheless.

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I have the chip, my poc sec, my phone. Also, my coat, because it is cold."

Matija glances to Lost, sharing her concern after the cop looks through the compartment. "I wonder what kind of experiments they're doing within the city?" she asks as they pull up. She looks up and down the street, nervous with all of the security, but the gig seems to be going smoothly enough, just a drive through the city, right?
«Plot»From afar, Matija will try to look on the Astral Plane while waiting in the limo.

Nel moves about a bit and gets comfortable and leans her head back and closes her eyes. "I suppose I'll take a nap until I'm needed or we're done with this."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Correct me if I am wrong. At this time, the plan is for the three of you to stay in the car one to two blocks away, linked by comm, watching. Indra will do the walk alone, to make the drop. Wearing her coat, slinky attractive clothes, chip, pocsec, phone."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Matija is also doing something clever. Matija, perception roll, tn 5."
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5:
1 3 5 5 7 11 = 4 Successes
«Plot to Matija» 'There are various people in the courtyard area, in the little drive up loop area. There are benches and planters and electronic kiosks. However, there is one little slip of a woman, nicely dressed, sitting on a bench, with a voice recorder in her hands. There, you see it - she just cast a spell. Her face flared up with a cat-mask, a shamanic mask . She's a cat shaman. She's almost certainly the one doing the magical experiment.
«Plot to Matija» Indra will have to walk right by her.
«Plot to Matija» You know that the force of the spells just cast is less than your Magic rating, probably 1 or 2. That way the drain is low, and whoever it is can cast it all day long.

As Matija watches, she puts a hand on Lost's knee. "Tell her to get out," she says as she spots something she doesn't like. "Cat Shaman, on the bench ahead of her, is casting a spell.." she warns.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Actually, I don't think Indra pulled the trigger quite yet, so you can say this as Indra is, like, three steps out of the car or something."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, Indra, you were perhaps 3 steps from the car when you are warned. Would you like to return to the car, or continue on, or what?"

Indra cocks her head a bit, Shamans. Well, they warned about spell casters, so she'll draw her phone out and stay by her Limo, looking at it like there's some thing important, leaning up against the door. She's calling Big D's! Maybe she can get Raoul to -meet- them after work!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "All righty. Excellent, you are standing at your vehicle, on the phone. Is there any other preparations you make, or shall I move into the no-tap-backs portions?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Matija gave you valuable information prior to the no-tap-backs portion."

«Plot» Lost would like to try and suss out what spell the Cat Shaman is casting, if possible.
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, as I read it, you need 5 successes TN 5 to determine the school of the spell. It's tn 4 plus 1 background count, Aura Reading is complementary, if you have Centering you can get rid of the background count.) Otherwise, you will just get that it is a spell, and what approximate force it is."
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5:
1 1 4 4 5 16 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Once you assense a spell being cast, you can reverse engineer it, but it takes days."
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5:
2 3 3 4 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So you know, Lost, like Matija knows, that the spell is being cast at F1 or F2. So that the caster can cast it over and over again. Low power, low effect, but very unlikely to take drain."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, I am now waiting for Indra to say: I proceed with my phone call, no tap backs; or 'I have something else I would like to do.""
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "No, you can go ahead."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You proceed with your phone call!"
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Correct."

The thing about a megacorporation is that it doesn't just have one phone number. So there's a phone tree. And advertisements. And background music. And of course eventually it goes to the lobby, which handles the telephone for Big D's Diner if you're not calling to place a remote order (that's handled by the call center in Saskatchewan). Meanwhile:

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "The big no tap backs thing is that Indra has her tattoos active, which means that if the Cat Shaman looks this way, she will immediately see someone with two active magical spells on them. It's pretty easy to see.":
2 3 4 4 5 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 5 for "The Cat Shaman's Stealth to not jump up in her seat":
1 2 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 5 for "kp1 oh good heavens":
2 3 5 8 9
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Perception TN 9, Indra, tn 11 from those in the car watching through tinted windows."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Intelligence vs TN 9 for "Not sure if my bonuses apply or not.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Intelligence vs TN 11 for "Elf ears/eyes.":
1 1 1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Intelligence vs TN 11:
2 4 8 10 10 16 = 1 Success

Matija drew everyone's attention to the Cat Shaman, which is a good thing. It's a long view down the block to her, she's not totally obvious. So, neither is Indra to the Cat Shaman. But stand out long enough making a phone call, and those astral-looking eyes will sweep over and see the obvious. She does startle visibly, clearly focusing her eyes and her shamanic-mask whiskery perk-look at Indra. And where she was, before, talking into a voice recorder, she just as visibly suddenly puts her hand to her ear like she's talking on a commlink in some kind of trid.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 for "Shadowscene players from Ascot":
1 2 2 3 4 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 for "Shadowscene players from Ascot kp1 to suck less":
2 2 3 4 4 5
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Oh geez how lame. Okay, over to you.

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "So. I see the Cat Shaman just twitched the fuck out?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You have clearly caught her attention, she has clearly talked into her comm about you, yes, you."

"Aaaand, we're made," Matija winces as she sees the shaman give a subdued reaction to Indra chatting on the phone.

«Plot After The Fact» Here, Indra is planning how to fast-talk the Cat Shaman as she walks up to her. She doesn't make it though.

Indra should have -realized- she'd be stuck on a phone for hours, so she'll actually go to walk right past the Cat Shaman as she waits on Hooold. Because fucking machines. "Really nifty neato right? It -so- helps my performances!" She says, shifting her phone into a pocket, probably in a day it would even get to where she wanted, and now it's all but useless. "I can sing for -day- and like, I can see problems with my mics and the pyrotechnics!" She says, giddy, airheaded elf, extending a hand to the Cat Shaman. "Oh! I'm -so- about to go and get some lunch at Big D's! You should really come with and tell me if you think I should get more!" DerpaDerp! She really hopes the team in the Limo has a back up plan if this fails.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Okay! So, as you walk up, but before you speak to her - say, when you are 30 meters away, she is going to cast a spell at you. Do you wish to enter initiative, anything like that?"
«Plot After The Fact» Matija and Lost cleverly jump in and apply spell defense to Indrakshi. Horribly, it turns out that the spell is not one that is resisted. But they have been wise and skilled.
«Plot» Indrakshi is not going to attack because she's just here to sing!

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 7 for "Casting F3 'Catalog' to catalog all non-living items in the area to search for the chip in question. Catalog is not a resistable spell. Totally suckdog. Need 1 success to know Indra has the chip.":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 8 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "against 3m drain":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 10 10 11 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Indrakshi says, "Dayum. Cat Shaman is definitely doing some thing professional."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "The Cat Shaman (whose name is Cat7096) gets 1 success on 'Catalog' for no drain. She gets Indra in the area of effect, and catalogs her possesssions - coat, pocsec, phone, and the chip they want."

The cat shaman shifts from rumpcheek to rumpcheek while she mutters into her earpiece. "She's coming right at me! She's got the chip!" Well, kind of muttering.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Back to you, Indra. Are you continuing with your fast-talk plan?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Not particularly, no. You have 30 meters to go to get to her, and then go beyond."

Indra will keep walking, stopping briefly by the cat shaman. "Look lively Darling. You left your self exposed to my friends. On comms." It's a friendly warning that the Cat Shaman, really screwed the pooch, and then Indra will break into a jog. Doo Doo Doo. Speed Dial Lost.. "Pege! Make the girl dance!"

The cat shaman d'oh!s. She looks around frantically for Indra's killer minions to invisibly cross large regions of space to suddenly attack her or something. However, there IS someone coming to intercept Indra. A tall, blond-haired man, wearing an exquisite Armante suit and overcoat, in an entirely different style from the pale man earlier. It's set off with a shockingly red ascot around his neck, and his exquisite gloves. "Ah, a vision of loveliness," he says, and appears to either be trying to engage her in conversation, or engage her physically in an interposing way, while:

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 for "Thylacine, the third enemy, the street sam of their team, is going to try to sneak up for the tag.":
1 2 3 4 5 22
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, Indra, and everyone, TN 22 perception."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Intelligence for "Low Light.":
2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 10 14 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Intelligence vs TN 22:
1 2 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Intelligence vs TN 22:
2 2 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Intelligence vs TN 22 for "Elf ears and eyes":
1 1 1 3 3 21 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Nel says, "so close"
«OOC» Lost says, "NO!"
«OOC» Shoeshine says, "Wow."

Nel watches from inside the limo, then looks to the others. "Well, it would appear we've got ourselves someone to deal with. Shall we go introduce ourselves?" She smirks a bit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls 1 vs TN 6 for "Because Mr T forgot there's a frigging EXPENSIVE JARVIS MOBILE - Sensors":
2 = 0 Successes

Lost facepalms as Indra's voice comes in over the comms. "What do you want me to do?" She asks, looking around to Nel and Matija for ideas. "She said to make Miss Kitty dance. Any combat magic or gunfire in this part of town is going to attract /way/ too much attention!"

"That's why we're not going to do that. We're going to go have a chat with her." Nel opens the door of the limo and gets out looking completely the part of a bodyguard or hitman, for that matter, sans sexy shades, and pretty-well pops the collar of her coat before readjusting it into place.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So here is what I have. A 'face' type person is going to walk up and engage Indra, who is jogging for the door. The enemy street sam is going to duck around a kiosk and attempt to tag Indra from her blind side. Enemy street sam hasn't been seen, so on the reaction check, it will be tn 4 for the street sam, tn 6 for indra."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "The rest of the gang is at the car, just stepping out as things are getting hot. Sadly, they are a long way away. So, Indra, Reaction, TN 6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Reaction vs TN 6:
1 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 9 11 14 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 9 vs TN 4 for "Reaction for Thylacine":
2 3 4 5 5 5 9 14 15 = 7 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So, Indra will be surprised and not able to counterattack with skill against the first hit. Inits! For everyone."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Initiative with a result of 11.
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 3 for "+9 thylacine":
1 1 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Initiative with a result of 14.
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 2 for "+7 ascot":
4 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 1 for "+4 Cat7096":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Initiative with a result of 40.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So I have Indra at 40. Thylacine at 17. Ascot at 17. Nel at 14 at the car, Lost at 11 at the car, Matija at 10 at the car, Cat7096 at the bench."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Indra: This is the action Indra loses because she doesn't know what's happening."
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Other then she might get hit on by pretty boi there."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Indra: Recount for me your current armor."
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "2/2, since I ditched my sleeping tiger line to go fully with 'jazz singer' outfit. I'm just wearing my long coat to stay warm :("

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Thylacine, who steps up behind/to the side of Indra, touches her gloved fingers to Indra's side, and one-inch-punches forwards with her shock gloves just like Beatrix Kiddo. Ascot, too, is 'engaged' in the fight, making for Friends In Melee."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "If need be, Thylacine could 'delay' until Ascot 'went' and he could 'declare' his action and then she would 'go'."

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 3 for "one inch punch!":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 = 8 Successes
«OOC» Indrakshi says, "Da fuq one inch punch. That's a DBZ punch :P"
«OOC» Lost says, "You just got Hadokened."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Let's stick there. It's 8m stun base. You can't counterattack, so it stages up to 8D stun on the first 4 successes, and then up further to 9d and then 10d stun. You have 2 impact armor, so with body plus combat pool, you have to soak 8d stun. After you soak 8d stun you will then have to soak 7s stun against half impact, which is 6s stun. Tell me if your coat has any nonconduct."
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Let me check, negative, it doesn't."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So start with 8d stun against body and whatever combat pool you like."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 8:
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 9 10 11 11 13 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls 11 vs TN 8 for "KP1 on remaining. 5 Successes so Far.":
1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 10 15 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls 9 vs TN 6 for "KP3 on this. 7 Successes":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 8 16 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Full soak on the hit, now 6s carrier attack against the shock gloves after your armor is taken into account. Body and however many combat pool."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "Soaking The 6s":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 8 8 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 - 3 vs TN 6 for "KP4":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 8 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 - 5 vs TN 6 for "KP6":
1 2 2 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Full soak."
It's a serious attack, it's a serious impact, but with her hair-trigger neck hairs, Indra turns her hip into it enough to feel little more than the fizzle of the gloves. But that's okay, because Ascot is going to gut-punch, using his body to shield the slight move from the guards.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 3 for "el blammo":
2 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 7 7 15 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 - 9 vs TN 3 for "el blammo kp 2":
1 11 19 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "He's not as strong as Thylacine so he needed extra successes. Again, after your armor, it's going to be 8D stun on the physical hit, 6S stun on the carrier attack."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 8 for "Soaking":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 8 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 - 2 vs TN 8 for "SoakKP7":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 - 3 for "SoakingKP9":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 - 3 vs TN 8 for "KP12":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 17 = 1 Success
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "I see a Moderate. Bonus: I can't possibly knock you completely out, which was my desire."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "Soaking":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "KP13":
2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«OOC» Indrakshi has 1 KP left and can't reroll.
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Now on the 6S, you still take Serious. You are at 9 boxes of stun, +3 wound penalties unless you have something for that, and we go on."
«Plot» Candi says, "Shock weapons also do a stun effect, since you got hit, so body or willpower (whichever is greater) vs TN 4. Need as many successes as the power of the shock minus one half impact armor. That determines how long you have a +2 TN modifier due to electric shock."
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Shocking isn't it!?":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 8 9 = 2 Successes

The dashingly handsome man with the winning smile, who looks stunningly like Fred from the Scooby Gang, short-drives in a piledriver fist in a very un-Fred-like manner. The way it's done, it makes it look as if Thylacine, the slight, graceful woman, was just setting this up. Or maybe Ascot was just mad he couldn't figure out who Indrakshi was.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Nel! You are at the car, which, to my mind, was like, a block and a half away. Under normal circumstances, an average block is 175 meters. I'm being bastardly enough, however, so let's say you are 100 meters away."

«Plot» Nel says, "Thats still quite a ways away.. suppose running would be logical. The street brawl breaking out will probably draw more attention than someone running down the sidewalk or something."

«Plot After The Fact» We discuss quickness, athletics, running speeds, and how it will be 3-4 full combat turns to cover that distance, then contrast that with the acceleration speeds of the limo and figure that that's probably more like 2-3 full turns.

Nel had every intention of running to Indrakshi's aid, but as far away as she is, that'd take her too long. The best bet is obviously to take the vehicle! She gets back in and hopes that it will be able to get there in time. She does her best to make the autodrive take them towards its… well… master

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Lost!"
«Plot» Lost says, "Well, I don't suppose I could try and hit Fred and Daphne with a stunball without hitting Indra, could I? Could I even cast at them at this distance?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You can easily cast at them at this distance, Lost. They are in a confused melee, they are quite specifically surrounding Indra, so any AOE spell you cast will get all of them."
«Plot» Lost says, "Well, what's the background count, first of all?"
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Background count is 1."

«OOC» Lost is torn.
«OOC» Matija passes Lost the Uzi. You know it's the answer.

«OOC» Shoeshine says, "(So, like, just so you know OOC, it's not that I'm down on the whole vehicle plan, it's just that whatever 'fight' is going on is honestly going to be done well before either a runner on foot or a car can get a block and a half, even a kinder gentler block and a half.)"

«Plot» Lost says, "Casting a F4 Stunball at Moderate damage. From inside the car."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Specificaly casting through the tinted windows, at a penalty, so guards have a rough time spotting you? Yes, it's +2 tn."
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for "Casting F4 Stunball at Moderate Damage, Indra, Ascot, and Thylacine all have WP 5, so +2 window and +1 background count":
2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 8 for "Casting F4 Stunball at Moderate Damage KP1":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 7 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Shoeshine says, "So, because of the way spell resistance works, the enemies (including Indra) only need 1 success to fully resist and blow off the spell. Indra, roll your willpower tn 4, you need 1 success."
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Thylacine":
4 5 5 8 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Ascot":
1 3 4 5 17 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Indrakshi (#6312) rolls Willpower vs TN 4:
1 2 2 2 11 = 1 Success
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "No effect on them; roll your drain."
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls Willpower vs TN 5 for "Resisting S stun needs 6 sux":
1 1 2 3 11 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Lost (#4658) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Resisting S stun needs 6 sux KP2":
2 3 5 11 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Lost will stand and take the L stun.

Lost clearly isn't sure what to do in this situation. It's obvious that Indra isn't going to be able to just stand there and eat a steady diet of punches for long, so the elf tries throwing a spell in the direction of the melee that's formed outside The Big D's. Things clearly don't go as planned, as nothing seems to happen… she does look rather strained, through, breaking out in a flop sweat. "Fuck…" She mutters, shaking her head, "Waste of time. We'll just have to hope we can catch them…" She looks around the limo, muttering darkly, seemingly dispossessed of any ideas other than trusting in the engine and the autonav system of the limo.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Matija!"
«OOC» Matija will try to levitate Indra out of their reach!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Here is the thing. Levitate has a Force. The higher the force, the faster the motion. The higher the number of successes on the dice, the more we multiply that motion. The base TN is 4. The background count is +1 to make it 5. You need to cast at a decently high force, and get a good number of successes, so that you end up with a good number of 'meters per turn'. Because there are 4 'passes' in this round, your final value of 'meters per turn' is divided by 4. And you need to get enough meters to get Indra out of reach."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "3 meters can be done with a jump. 4 meters is tough. 5 meters will be nearly impossible for the bad guys."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "So tell me at what force you intend to cast, and then we'll work out how many successes you are looking for.

«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 vs TN 5: "Force 4 Levitate, all I have"
1 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 = 4 Successes
«Plot» That will get 16 meters divided by 4, which means 4 meters. Since you're limited in successes by the force of the spell, you can't get any more than that.
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls Willpower vs TN 4:
1 1 1 2 2 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Matija (#12120) rolls 5 vs TN 5:
2 3 3 4 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Light Stun.

As the car gets into gear and their face starts getting tazed about like a punching bag, Matija curses. Rolling down the window a sliver, she looks out with her mirror shades pulled down to the edge of her nose, like an angry librarian glaring at people roughhousing in the quiet area and she focuses on moving Indra straight up and up and up! It's not perfect, but it beats pulling out lethal force when the swat team seems to be on every corner!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Cat7096! She moves, and applies her spell defense to Ascot and Thylacine."
The Cat Shaman on the bench slaps her hands to her cheeks like Kevin in Home Alone. She hops and scurries left to get away from all this dangerous excitement that she has nothing to do with, really!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "END OF FIRST PASS - Normals!"

The normal security guards at the door and at the corner - half pull dart pistols, half pull normal pistols, all of them babble into their radios, numerous PANICBUTTONS are hit, several spirit guards dash off to sound the spiritual alarm about attack spells being used on someone with active tattoo spells. Glorious chaos, not to mention Indrakshi sailing suddenly up out of reach of the two surprise combatants on the ground.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Indra, second pass, thirty!"
«Plot» Indrakshi says, "I'm yelling for help as my thing."

Indra is now tazered, -and- floating. Wonderful, she's reminded of some thing Caine would have done to her to stop her from causing problems. "Oh god! Help! Please! Some one! Help!" She begins shouting, followed with screaming RAPE! OH GOD THEY'RE TRYING TO RAPE ME! You know why? Now they can't so easily cover up the fact she's battered, and all. Ha! Ditzy Elf mode activate!

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Hm, so now it's Thylacine and Ascot. 4 meters up, that is 12 feet. The only way to do it is for Ascot make a basket of his fingers to loft Thylacine into the air, she makes the hit, she has to knock Indrakshi out, and then as a free action grab her to keep from falling so she could search her for the chip in the air while she's being levitated, while all the guards are watching and while Indrakshi is screaming about rape attack and flying."
«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Just like PCs, they chat over this plan on their commlinks for way too long before deciding that it couldn't possibly work, and they hold up their hands and walk away going, "Oh my gosh!""

Ascot turns off his winningest smile and puts on his ever-so-shocked face and gets ready to charm the guards and apologize for just, like, you know, talking to the beautiful woman. Thylacine just bumped up against her, honest! (Actually, she didn't do any real damage, so.)

And the car is going to zoom forwards under Nel's driving.
«Plot» EXIT COMBAT

Once it appears that Ascot and Thalidomide aren't attacking Indra, Matija will draw her away, gently floating out of arms reach to land softly on the other side of Ace Security personell.

The security response is quite impressive. If anything, it's more impressive that no one gets shot doing it - impressive restraint. Security guards swarm out, additional security guards who were manning the other blocks (and telling about the magical experiment) run in. Spirits and elementals dash towards the vehicle where Matija is holding up the spell because that is obvious to their astral sight and say, "Put down the woman and release the spell! Surrender to the authorities or we are commanded to engage!" and stuff like that that sounds much more impressive when it's coming from a nine foot tall thing made of rock and his two flaming buddies.
It's definitely a heart-warming thing to see Ascot and Thylacine both being swarmed by cops, willingly going down under them, and being arrested; as well as Cat7096 who doesn't slip away, as well as several other people who were, to the best of your knowledge, just standing around. What does suck by comparison is the same security guards swarming you all and demanding your arrest, backed up by said spirits. Indra, too, is just surrounded and will be arrested too, but very politely.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Please tell me if anyone resists."

«Plot» Indrakshi says, "Hell no. I got tazered enough."

«Plot» Lost says, "Resisting arrest? No way."

"Sure thing, boss," Matija answers the towering elemental that's looking down through the sunroof. She gently sets Indra down. "Whatever you say."

«Plot» Nel says, "Totes gonna fly casual."

Lost raises her hands carefully as well, sharing a quick glance at the others in the limo briefly before adopting as winning of a smile as she's able.

Indra has less choice then the others, her body is screaming it's close to collapse, and she -wasn't- throwing punches. She can play off as a Victim fairly well!

Nel does both the logical and the illogical, and stops the car without hesitation. There's no reason for them to cause any more trouble, especially since they already.. well… since the 'enemy' had already been apprehended.

"DRACO FOUNDATION CORPORATE LAW IS NOW IN EFFECT! DRACO FOUNDATION CORPORATE LAW IS NOW IN EFFECT!" blares the sound system. Looking down; why yes, all of you, especially those that sped up the car to drive as close as possible, have ended up quite clearly on extraterritorial Draco Foundation ground, likely demarcated by the block that the building is on. The KE elite guards sag their shoulders somewhat (while the rest of you who don't have hearing dampeners may wince). In any case, everyone except Indra will end up being cuffed and led in; not to the right and the sweet sweet milkshakes of Big D's Diner, but to the left and the elevators down to the security sub-basement. (Indra is surrounded by four guards, but since she was the one who was attacked pretty clearly, she's only under arrest, not cop-roughed-up.)

"But… the fries!" Matija gives the Big D's windows and hokey theme a forelorn look as she's dragged off in cuffs to disappear into the Draco Foundation dungeons.

Everyone gets their own private padded 5x5 holding cell that probably hoses clean. A grill protects the viewscreen and fiber-optic camera. Various spells are cast to catalog possessions and illegal things are removed while a chit with a number on it is orthobonded to your flesh so you don't lose it. Amongst these things will be the chip that Indra had, along with her phone and pocsec. Similar things are removed from everyone else.

Then begins the waiting. (The viewscreens play music and friendly cartoons about the Draco Foundation.) -more-

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "We will start with Nel:"

Nel's viewscreen opens up with a blond-haired man in a conference room. "Pleased to meet you. My name is Kuryakin. I already know certain things. It would be best if you told me what you think is going on, and then I can make this all blow over very nicely."

Nel looks up from where she is seated in the cell. "Got arrested for being suspicious during an incident that warranted security to detain any who might be associated with said disturbances."

Kuryakin says, "That's correct. Right now, you were carrying something mildly illegal. So if you want to waste my time, we can investigate and prosecute based on that. If you don't want to waste my time and yours, you can tell me what you really think is going on.

"I was just hired to do a delivery. Nothing special. Said it was nothing special." Nel let's out a sigh. "Seems that may have been an understatement. Considering the amount of trouble people went through to try and get that thing without getting caught, I assume it's more than just a little bit of an inconvenience to someone."

Kuryakin asks, "What were you delivering, and to whom?"

"Datachip of unknown contents to a relatively unknown man named… well, supposedly named Raoul." Nel responds and stretches out a bit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Shoeshine (#7242) rolls 8 for "Does Kuryakin immediately know Raoul?":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 8
Kuryakin laughs, with what seems like a friendly smile but who knows. He says, "Raoul, the line cook at the diner?"

"That is correct." She replies with a nod.

Kuryakin says, "Last question. Who gave you the chip?"

"Hmmm… I guess I don't know that." She scratches at her chin. "I only caught a brief glimpse of him. You might have better luck on that one with one of the others you pulled in."

Kuryakin says, "Thanks," and turns off the vidscreen.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Matija! Do you want to go through that individually?"

«Plot» Matija plays stupid.
After you begin playing stupid, Kuryakin says, "You cast a spell of Hemn rating 4 on corporate property. I presume, without a license. While I am sure an excellent lawyer could get you off based on the defense of others, I assure you that we could keep you in jail for the three years it will take for the case to come to court. The process will be the punishment. So I suggest you do not waste my time or yours. Tell me what you really think is going on."

"You have it on video, don't you? Why not review the tapes? It's all clear as day if you ask me." Matija responds, leaning back in her chair as she crosses her arms before her.

Kuryakin says, "As you wish," and shuts off the video.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Lost! Do you want to go through that individually?"
«Plot» Lost says, "Sure."

Kuryakin shows up on the screen with his standard intro. "Pleased to meet you. My name is Kuryakin. I already know certain things. It would be best if you told me what you think is going on, and then I can make this all blow over very nicely."

"Something that's likely way over my head," Lost replies, forcing a wry smile before she rolls her shoulders, "We were hired to deliver an item, by a man who, by the look of things, very nearly died to get it. I suppose the fact that I'm sitting in this cell talking to you instead of dead in a ditch somewhere with a bullet in my head means that there's more to it than that." She shakes her head, "But I haven't the slightest idea what it might be."

Kuryakin says, "What were you hired to deliver, and to whom?"

"A datachip. The contents were never explicitly stated." The elf replies, as she paces about the cell, "And to a man named Raoul."

Kuryakin says, "The line cook at the diner, yes. Thank you. Now, you did visibly cast an illegal Hemn rating four combat spell in public, right outside our doors. You might want to be careful with that in the future." He smiles in what looks like a friendly way, and turns off.

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "Indra!"

Even though Indra was the victim (all her life) her cell is no more lush. When Kuryakin comes to her through the viewscreen, he says, "That datachip you had is quite interesting. Who gave it to you?"

Well -that- threw lying out the window right off the bat, didn't it? "A dying man. I thought I'd just give to his friend since he was right here to begin with. Malt and fries, maybe a decent burger. Give his friend the chip with a tip. It all seemed ever so simple." Well, to be fair, she was at least ambushed today!

Kuryakin says, "A dying man gives you a chip to deliver and you think it's going to be simple?"

Indra won't go into details on why she thought that. "A lot of people die, and a lot of things are simple. Clearly, I was mistaken, and you have the chip. I won't ask what it is, the less I know now, the better, yes?"

Kuryakin says, "True enough. Now, at this point in the conversation I would usually threaten you, but as it turns out you didn't commit any crimes. In fact, you're clearly the victim of an assault, although your attackers were very good about using their bodies to not catch it on camera. Tell you what. If you agree to baseline medical exam to document your injuries before they fade, you and all your friends can be having a late lunch at Big D's, on me. Do you agree?

Indra knows that -offer- isn't truly an offer. "Ah, so you mean you can poke and prod at me, and hold that over me for a future contract? That -is- what you mean, isn't it? I'm used to this routine. I've sat through it before, though, you will find the injuries aren't nearly as bad as I made them out to be." Indeed..

Kuryakin says, "Strangely enough, no. Now, we have had wizards observe you astrally so they can document your personal aura and your active tattoos. And if you had in fact committed a crime, we could investigate you on the slightest pretense. But we're sticklers for law and order here at the Draco Foundation. If you don't want to have your injuries documented by a baseline scan that won't include your obvious enhancements, you can walk, and pass on the dinner and the offer that comes after."

Indra holds up a hand, even if she trusted him explictly, he could easily still find out her enhancements she's sure. The UCAS has her bio metrics on record, this isn't any worse. "I'll consent to them, though as I said, they are not as bad as they may seem. Though, the team who ambushed us, was very good." Indeed..very good at sucker punches. She's pretty sure her ribs will be bruised for a while.

With that, Indra is taken to a medical facility that pretty much takes pictures of the obvious contusions and mild shock glove burning that took place - the second punch providing much more evidence than the first. And then everyone is let go and ushered, with guards, to… Big D's Diner. It does, in fact, have a 'back room' kind of place, where Kuryakin will be waiting.

Kuryakin puts out a little vial of solvent for the orthobonded chit that you can redeem your gear with. "Don't lose those."

Indra will get her few posessions back she had on her? Wonderful! Cheeky bastard! Still, by the time she's likely through all this, she feels that much better. So solvent is kept. "What offer is that you mentioned?"

Matija gets her clothes back and most importantly—her mirror shades! She puts those on first and checks her hair before sliding into her longcoat. Then, as they're guided not to the street but to Big D's, her eyes kind of light up and she smiles. "Seriously? Wow, this sure beats three years in a holding cell," she places the kind of order someone who's not used to eating real food would. Two orders of fries, a milkshake combo, the biggest, greasiest burger on the menu, and then she drowns most of it in ketchup.

Lost redeems what little gear she had with her and takes off the chit with the offered solvent. She, too, clearly is interested in hearing exactly what sort of offer Kuryakin has for them. Looking to Matija, she grins, nodding, "You said it." The elf, does wrinkle her nose as Matija drowns her meal in ketchup. She just orders a milkshake, apparently not feeling all that hungry.

Kuryakin is not the guy who takes your orders, though he does take care of the bill with a wave of his hand. "Let's do this the short way. You are the primary eyewitness in any proceeding against… well, no need to give you their real names, but let's call them 'Ascot' and 'Thylacine,' which are their names in the biz. We set up a run for them, where they would almost have to acquire you at the primary point of origin, Draco Tower. The security would be tight and it would be very difficult not to commit an illegal action, no matter how picayune. Their parents are wealthy and powerful, so any legal action taken against their children would have to be air-tight. Even so, it's not as perfect as we might like, because the camera angles were wrong. Your physical evidence and testimony is crucial to placing a hold over them."
Kuryakin says, "We would have liked to get 'Cat7096' as well, but there is only so much one can do."
Kuryakin says, "The 'offer' is to throw work your way if we have something that fits your… particular skills."

Indra holds up her hands when it sounds like he wants witnesses against those who bounced her. "I'm not going to bring any one down if thats what you want. In the world we're discussing, they might be the people paid to watch your back the next week." Sides, don't they have plenty of by standers who would have ended up seeing parts of it?

Through the whole conversation, Matija has a smear of ketchup on her lip, but she does chew with her mouth closed. Chewing her burger as she listens she nods her head, and swallows, "You want to hire us?" she asks, cleaning her fingers with a napkin before she slurps her milkshake. With her eyes narrowed, she nods her head to Indra, professional courtesy and all that.

"So this whole thing was a set up?" Lost asks, after a sip on her milkshake. It's delicious, of course, but it's hard to enjoy it if the team was, in fact, set up. She almost looks indignant, but sighs, shaking her head, "Still, I guess it beats having legal action taken against us if it gets you the prosecution you're looking for. You're not going to require us to actually /testify/ in court, though… are you?" This seems important to her, especially as Indra raises a valid point. As Kuraykin mentions work, however, she tilts her head, "And my response to that depends on whether or not you consider us in your debt."

Kuryakin says, "So you simply don't wish to testify? That IS troublesome." A touch of a smile crosses his lips, as if he's thinking of yanking your food away and saying, "No soup for you!" but nothing of the sort. "Of course it was a set up. In more ways than one. The data is real and worth exactly what you'd have been paid. 'Raoul' used to be in your line of work, and his current position is his retirement benefit. He's as real as he needed to be. " To Lost he says, "Unfortunately, the young woman here is by far the best eyewitness, seeing as she was the one actually attacked. The rest of you will be appropriately paid for your services, but you will not be required in any threatened court proceedings."
Kuryakin says, 'threatened' as if he expects that no such proceedings will take place.

Indra has more then professional courteousy to keep her out of court, it's -damned- bad for her line of work to be in court ever. "If you wish to get them in court, I would use your in house staff. I, and I suspect the others, would merely wish to be paid for the delivery of data, and be on our way."

She doesn't have to testify, well, that's a relief. Matija sets down her milkshake and dabs an already ketchup soaked french fry into a pool of ketchup and pepper. She glances to Indra sympathetically, going to court for any reason is bad news. "I'd be open to jobs in the future, though," she adds, leaning back as she's finding she ordered more than she could eat. "But for today, I'm with the others, payment would be nice."

Kuryakin inclines his head to Indrakshi. "Then you will be paid appropriately for your time and threat." To the other three, Kuryakin asks, "Do you want to hear what you did right or wrong, in my estimation?" And to Matija he says, "I will put you on my list. Excellent maneuver with your 'levitation' spell."

«Plot» Shoeshine says, "You get the idea, Indra, with your social skills, that by stating you refuse to testify against other runners, you lose out on the possibility of the contact."

"All that just to get these three characters out in the open, committing a crime…" Lost muses, shaking her head. She adds nothing, but she's clearly thinking of what motivation Kuryakin or his employers might have for trying to defame 'Ascot', 'Thylacine' and 'Cat7096'. Sighing, she looks over to Indra as she speaks, and then back to Kuryakin, waiting for a reaction. When it comes, she nods in agreement with Matija, "Never turn down an opportunity for work. And, well, you've got us here, if you're going to grade us on our performance, you might as well do it."

"Let it rip, it was my first run in a AAA zone," Matija answers, giving a satisfied smile as a Johnson actually said something that sounded like positive feedback for once. Wow, she's marking this day down in her calendar. "Thanks," she attempts to sound like a jaded pro, but inside she's preening to herself.

Kuryakin smiles wryly. "Why in heaven's name were you so far away from your agent carrying the chip? And with no silent, concealable weapons that would be hard to spot on cameras? Ascot and Thylacine both had legal dart pistols, I'll have you know."

Indra if any thing, looks bored, or maybe it's because she's had time to feel the various hits to her body. "I told them to stay put. One was with out a SIN, warren rats. AAA Zone? None of them were dressed to fit in." She says, explaining the logic behind the action and moving to stand slowly. "Now, if you ever require a PMC operator, I suspect you know how to contact me."

Kuryakin rises to make sure Indra receives exactly what's coming to her, which is a certified credstick with 10k on it, and all of her gear, in return for the chit.

Lost looks around at the others, and is about to say something when Indra speaks. Looking down for a moment, she feels the need to add, "Chalk a lot of it up to less than thorough planning and inexperience, I suppose. I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't sure what to expect." The elf sighs, looking defeated, before she shakes her head, "But, I suppose we're in a rare position where we have the opportunity to learn from our mistakes. And I'll be doing just that." Of this, Lost seems certain, her expression one of determination.

Matija nods her head to Indra as she touches on their main points. "Essentially, yeah. And carrying weapons through such high security isn't the best idea." As Indra gets up, she takes that as her cue to leave as well, hailing the server to come by to wrap up her leftovers for a doggie bag.

Indra will definitely get her gear back, what little bit was pinched, and accept the cred chip, inclining her head. Time for Indra to didi back to home. You know, all of like five minutes away by her Limo.

To Lost, Kuryakin says, "So, to you: What's with this Hemn Rating Four action on the spell? I don't claim to be an expert, but doesn't everyone claim that you always cast a fighting spell at hemn Rating Six minimum?"
To Matija, Kuryakin will give the 10k credstick, and a card with his personal contact information here at Draco Tower.

"Can't cast it at any higher rating than that…" Lost replies, shaking her head, "If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't have cast anything. At the moment, though, I thought maybe I could get lucky." She shrugs again, chuckling a bit sheepishly, "Wasn't the best decision… but as I said, I'll just treat it all as a learning experience.

Kuryakin uses his wry smile again. "Well enough said," and provides the 10k credstick and again, his personal information.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License