Frank and Gnarf: Dwarf Tosser!

GM: Frank
Players: Gnarf, Frank
Synopsis:
Ingrid is abducted by an Ex-Military UCAS Intelligence officer group turned professional thieves. They thought she had the info from a previous plot on high value target locations recon.
Gnarf wandered past when the abduction happened and he and Frank went on a grand adventure to get back Frank's old-lady. (Ingrid Bischoff: Frank's lvl 2 Street Shaman contact).
Some recon and lots of planning, communing with spirits, a rigger, rotodrone, knife fight in a broom closet, multi-round gunfight at point blank distance while circling around Ingrid tied in a chair in the center of the room, Dwarf tossing, slit throats, death by bullets.. and Ingrid was recovered.
Rigger van, RCD, Drones, equipment.. all fenced to Gnarf's fixer contact just to get rid of the crap because we didn't want ex-military group's friends coming after us.
Frank couldn't help but keep a souvenir knife though.
Date: 6/15/2076


------> Frank Peretti's PrP <------
Frank Peretti's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Gnarf (player) / Frank (player/GM)
-----> Thu Jun 16 00:21:32 2076 <------

** GM Frank Peretti **
Do all parties in this plot agree that Shadowrun is a horrible dangerous place and dice can be bitches?! The GM in no way is 'trying' to screw you over and kill you but if that happens, we accept the consequences for this shitty world we live in. Also.. that we agree that the RP log can/will be posted on the wiki board for the other players of the game to read. ? ?

«Plot» Frank Peretti says, "I consent"

«Plot» Gnarf says, "I consent."

----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]—-
==========================> +scan for Plot Room #2 <===========================
Gnarf Male Elf Charisma: 8
A flabby Native American of some size. He dresses in dark denim and
tribal leather.
Frank Peretti Male Human Charisma: 5
Human male biker wearing Hells Angels patches and a "Nomad" name patch
over his right chest pocket.


** GM Frank Peretti **
It's 10:07 pm on Wednesday night, 6/15/2076
Temperature: 72 F
Clear Skies
1/2 moon

On this late evening it's the prime of bar hopping hours in other parts of the city but here in the Warrens is the hour of "watch your back".

Gnarf is on foot heading from point A to point B and happens to be walking within view of Spike's Spokes, an illegal motorcycle chop shop in the Souk across the street from The Cybered Arms.

There are some people at The Cybered Arms getting ready to go inside, a group of three. A couple departing at the same time. No conflict, just normal club activity.

The Souk Marketplace entrance can be seen beyond Spike's Spokes, some of the tents have remained up for the night that the vendors will be returning to in the morning for their businesses.

Gnarf spots a guy on a Harley Davidson with a girl on the back. The guy looks to be waring (visible due to awesome elf vision) a Hells Angels cut/patch with the flaming skull in the center, Hells Angels on the top rocker and on the bottom a large white patch with red letters that reads "NOMAD".

The couple seems to be pulling away from Spike's spokes after having closed the gate and locking it.

Gnarf spots a van riding down the street that seems normal enough until it comes up next to the motorcycle and then quickly juts to the left and slams into the bike.

The biker and his girl go down, stunned… in the daze of the accident.

Two men jump out of the van and the van is blocking view so Gnarf can't see exactly what is going on.

The van sliding side door can be heard sliding and slamming shut and then it starts to race off.

The Biker (Frank) can be seen slowly getting up, his head had been rattled and he's slowly getting his wits about him again.

Gnarf pulls at his somewhat damp hair, because he did not get to use that huge blow drier tonight and he can do without frizzing up and the Warrens grime crawling right back into his copious hair. He normally would not truly bother, but when getting to a shower is an adventure all its own, it changes up the value of the cleaning biz.
He glances over at the 'Arms and the freaks to creep inside. He bothers not to look the two groups over and looks at who causes the loud roar with whatever instead. A nomad is a homeless person in a sense of the word so that guy should fit into the area. He is not so sure about the girl, but that he filters away to cool and smoothen his attention of what is happening now, but the Native can see somebody clearly needs help and the area undergoes a change to the violent when it should be calmer. A bored child tossing pebbles at a pond to watch the waves it causes. The elf sighs, lights a cig and jogs over to where Frank is on the ground to watch him from under his hood for a moment and offer his hand to the guy, "Hoi. You alright? They took your girl. Spe who where those guys?

«Plot» Gnarf says, "A scan of Frank to see, if he is hurt."

** GM Frank Peretti **
BG Count: 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Astral Perception on Frank. Any bruised ribs?":
1 1 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Plot» Gnarf says, "Stand."

------> Assensing Table <------

Successes Information Gained
0 None.
1-2 * The general state of the subjects health (healthy, injured,
ill, etc.) along with the presence or absence of cyberware
implants.
* The subjects general emotional state or impression
(happy, sad, angry).
* The class of a magical subject (fire elemental, manipulation
spell, power focus, and so on).
* Whether the subject is mundane or Awakened.
* If you have seen the subjects aura before, you will recognize
it, regardless of physical disguises or alterations.
3-4 All of the above plus:
* Whether the subjects Essence and Magic Attribute are
higher, lower or equal to your own
* The general location of any implants.
* A general diagnosis for any maladies (diseases or toxins)
the subject suffers from.
* The subjects exact emotional state or impression.
* Whether the subjects Force is higher, lower or equal to
your Magic Attribute.
* Any astral signatures present on the subject.
5+ All of the above plus:
* The exact Essence, Magic Attribute and Force of the subject.
* The exact location of any implants.
* An accurate diagnosis of any disease or toxin the subject
suffers from.
* The general cause of any emotional impression (a murder,
a riot, a religious ceremony, and so on).
* The general cause of any astral signature (combat spell,
hearth spirit, and so on).


** GM Frank Peretti **
Frank doesn't seem to be injured, just a bit temporarily dazed (not even +sheet stun).

Frank does not appear to have any cyber at all.
Emotion: Regaining wits, growing panic.
Mundane

«OOC» Gnarf says, "May I roll Street Rumors or Denver Area Knowledge to recall the guys, if they have any markers?"
«OOC» Gnarf says, "Also interested in marks on the van."

Frank accepts the hand up and as the color is coming back to his face he looks at the departing van while breathing through his nose in rage… his jaw is clenched too tight and lips tight to breath through his mouth right now.

A look to Gnarf after the van turns the corner at the intersection and heads West into 'Sinners' territory.

This same group of people have come after my old-lady three times now.. this time they got her. From what I can gather it's the same group of people we dealt with a year ago. Couple guys from Colorado Springs stole this professional thieves target list.. they started hitting the targets using the recon info and data on the list. The thieves group picked up on it and after a short while the two guys fled Colorado Springs for Denver to hide here in the city. On the way they picked up my girl… Ingrid. She was hitchhiking. they tried to roll her in a gas station bathroom but me and another friend stepped in and I slit their throats. We didn't know that when we took their gear.. that list of targets in this thieves group was in it until some time later. Somehow.. on previous video footage on the highway they placed Ingrid with the two guys and have been after her ever since. Once they kept coming after us I put my contacts to work finding out what they could about them. I'm just one guy.. no cyber.. no bio.. no magic.. so it's not like I can go crash their safehouse so we were just being careful. Apparently.. not careful enough. The contacts I have gave me the safehouse location and I know there are at least four guys in their group that have come to get back their information. The datachip though was screwed up in a fire a few months back though so I've got nothing to trade to get Ingrid back.. but they're going to expect it as payment to free her I'm sure."

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Street Rumors for "Who are those guys?":
1 5 23
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence for "Does Gnarf find symbols or anything of note on the van besides paint from Frank's bike?":
1 2 2 4 9 14

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf's discoveries:

  • Ripped off patch on ground where they snatched Ingrid. Looks like she tore a patch off one of the men.
  • Patch looks military, special intelligence division UCAS.
  • Coupled with patch and info about well organized thieves working off complex recon information… Gnarf thinks this group may "The Wealth Liberation Authority". A group of ex-military intelligence officers, disgruntled with society and playing by the rules.. seeking to use their miltiary skills to get rich.

Gnarf has to take a few steps and use his weight as a counter balance to help the blond biker to his feet, because as heavy as he is, the thick man is not too strong. He trundles a bit and shuffles when walking that way and this. Dust collects about the guy's feet while he watches out in a more paranoid manner yet has to divide his attention to interact with the biker. He strikes a smile with the lit cig clenched in between, "She does not look so old, chummer, but that matters not now. So an organized enough group." He pats the other on the forearm once, twice, once again in a slower fashion. "I see, I see. We got their tire tracks, the shape of their ride, you say you know who they are and we know where they went. We can find out then maybe do something more. I know a few and I can rent some trouble to show them why one does not take others' things this way." He frowns yet smiles on grimly as he exhales a veritable cloud of smoke. "Ingrid, huh? We will get her back."

** GM Frank Peretti **
What Gnarf saw of Ingrid:
https://postimg.org/image/5jdbymhyb/

Gnarf sighs again and meanders to where there is a patch he can pick up and show to Frank, "Nice. White man's military recon turned greedy. Trust me though, we're all greedy. Best is that might lead us to them, but those guys are smart enough we need to think a little, so ka."

Frank offers as he is gathering his wits, "I don't know who the group is.. only the location of their safehouse. I did a drive by of it once but they looked like they had top quality gear.. even commlinks to talk to each other. Way over my paygrade.. so I just tried to stay under the radar until I could figure out what to do to keep her safe." The biker sighs and runs a hand back through his hair, "You can help me get her back? Damn mister.. she means the world to me. Started out innocent enough but over the months.. she's got my heart solid now."

Gnarf rubs his neck while some perspiration shows on his face. He pinches the stub dead with the free hand,pockets it and goes to light another which looks like a thin handrolled cigar with the leaf cover, but it is a cigarette. He offers one to the norm. "All natural. Only tobacco inside." He sticks his in the corner of his mouth and nods a few times, hood and chins in motion for a little longer, "Yes, think so. Let us get this started when love is on the line. It is the most precious, they say, so ka?" The Native guy nods again and shows a merry smoker's smile to the blond guy. "Let us lift your bike up and follow them unless your wheels got damaged too much."

Frank accepts the cig but is way too tense right now to relax enough to enjoy the smoke so slips it into a pocket on his leather cut. He nods to Gnarf and moves with his help to get the Harley back up on its wheels. Looks like a broken mirror, scuffed up paint and bent in highway peg but no major damage.

Frank looks over the bike for a little bit and nods, "Okay.. she's alright. But she's very loud.. we're going to have to park a couple blocks away from the safehouse and go in on foot. Sound right? You say you have friends you can call for help?"

Gnarf looks the biker over and smiles on, "Nobody to geek because of the bike, at least." He sighs and lights the cig, inhales deeply. "Sounds good. Yes, I can do that. Call friends or so. I would only call one a real chummer, you know. The others would be hired hands from a fixer or gang lord I know. But one step at a time. We drive and walk more." The elf barely hides his slight frown. "I guess I should look into a nice four wheeled iron horse, eh? But now we take yours with two wheels. Careful I got to lean to you or you drive on one wheel all the way, so ka?" He chuckles and coughs some more smoke out.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Bike vs TN 2 for "Riding with 2.":
2 3 3 4 16 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Gang Turf vs TN 4 for "Picking the route":
1 5 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Smuggling Routes vs TN 4 for "Route comp":
1 1 3 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Safehouse Locations vs TN 4 for "Finding safe place to park the bike.":
2 4 = 1 Success

Frank climbs on Rose (the name of the bike) and starts it, steadies it for Gnarf to climb on.

Their route through the Warrens is a bit serpentine to avoid hot spots with the gangs. After ten minutes the two pull into the back parking lot of an old laundromat where Frank turns off the bike, lets Gnarf climb off and then parks the bike close to the back wall out of view from the street. A knock on the door and a short conversation with the man inside secures a place for Frank to keep his bike for a few hours if needed under the protection of the owner inside.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) spends 50 nuyen for "Payoff to have bike watched.".

Gnarf gets on the bike with some effort. He closes his coat and holds himself to the backrest while leaning forward some. He proves to be taller than Frank before he hunches again. Then they drive. He can lean to fit the maneuvers Frank does while driving while not the most agile in any sense of the word. He appears to be happy to get off the ride and upnods with more waddling of his flabby features. He helps himself with a snack as he waits in the entrance and commences exploration by keeping an eye out for sensors and cams. The light sweaty sheen dried, at least.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf spots a camera on the wall watching the back door (where the bike is parked).

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf can see Frank's hands are shaking, his so stressed out and amped on adrenaline and worried about Ingrid, it's not for sure he'll be of much use in a gunfight.

Frank explains the location of the safehouse where Ingrid is expected to be located, "Two more blocks West of here.. we take a left on the street. Then an alley to the west into a residential area.. all ghetto homes, dog fights in the back yards, trash everywhere in the alley behind the houses.. normal Warrens scene." A pause, "I think they'll be pressing her for the location of the data.. God!!" he fumes in rage, "They're going to rough her up and we don't even have the info anymore."

Gnarf upnods at the arriving Frank and nods slowly, swallows the last bite and neatly trashes the Sloppy Soy(tm) wrapper. "Downloaded, chummer. Let us watch them first. The torture is bad. We might have to retaliate in kind. Got a scope, please?" The bumbling elf begins to trundle to the west. "Hmm, I got a comm, but mine is cheap so we cannot tap into theirs. Let us trade numbers so we can text, so ka?"

Frank nods and gives his burner phone number for txting and then checks his gear, some on him and some removed from his saddlebag to his person:
Zippo Lighter
Cougar Fineblade, Short (concealable sheath)
Ares Viper Slivergun
Morrissey Alta (silencer, concealable holster)
Matte Black steel-toes boots

Pulls out of saddlebags and packs:
Military rucksak:
Savior Advanced medkit
Night Vision contacts
Binoculars (high powered)
Flashlight (pocket)

«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "I do have a micro-transceiver/sub-val mic.. I forgot.. but since I RP'd otherwise (ish)… I'll say the battery back is dead and needs replaced. :)"

Gnarf smiles, "Good, I only have a double barrel shotgun which is loud as fuck and my medkit which we hopefully not need for any on our side." He gives out his number by showing it to Frank on the phone's screen, switches the phone to vibe alert mode. Looking closely, the blond can easily see the shottie's outlines under the fat elf's coat. "Great, you got binocs! Those will be extra useful."

Frank nods and lets Gnarf fully see all the gear so the more experienced guy (Gnarf) can know what assets they have to work with. He offers, "They're old.. only Generation two tech.. no lowlight vision or thermal but they have super strong magnification.. 100 power. I got some lowlight contacts I use with them at night. Not the best gear. .but all I have."

Franks checks his equipment:
Cellphone (vibrate)
pocsec (vibrate)
Morrissey Alta (screws on silencer, checks ammo - Standard)
Ars Viper Slivergun (checks ammo)
Cougar Fineblade, Short (yep, old faithful still there)
Savior Advanced Medkit (fully stocked)
Flashlight - pocket (click click… yep… full batteries).

Frank's biker jacket is obviously armored.

Frank takes a moment to work the nightvision contacts into his eyes.

blink.. blink..

Gnarf has an armored duster, a shotgun, a comm, a burner cell, a medkit for mentioned and visible gear.

Frank looks ready now, looking around into the shadows with a smile, "Still.. as long as nobody flashes light in my face.. this is a damn cool investment.. can see like an elf now.. well.. almost."

Gnarf is not truly experienced, but knows some basics and had some exposure to big leagues tricks. "That is good. If those are optical, it would help, but it is not truly needed. You can always upgrade later. Hurrying only makes you hungry. Me, anyway." He shrugs and will walk on when all is ready, "I can see fine most times, but that is one of the few perks of being an elf. Most of the other stuff sucks, but not complaining. Let us find a nice watch post, huh?"

Frank nods, "They are optical, I didn't want to worry about keeping batteries all the time for the electronic binocs." He nods about getting the move on. As he heads on with Gnarf looking for a tall building with a good view of the target safehouse they can get access to.. his pace is quick.. anxious.. his breathing shadow. This man is turned upside down over this girl.

** GM Frank Peretti **
How about some appropriate city skills.. sneakery, perception.. any special skills for finding good lookout place, etc.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Just throw out TN 4's.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence for "Frank's Perception":
1 1 3 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Small Unit Tactics vs TN 4:
3 = 0 Successes

Gnarf goes on, "I do not know the difference, really, because I do not trust the depiction on the trid. Outdoors survival shows bore me most times. I guess the tech is fine enough. Great!" He blinks, "I mean that those are optical. Wasting batteries is stupid, anyway."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Stealth vs TN 4:
1 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Athletics vs TN 4:
2 3 3 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence for "Perception and astral perception when walking ahead so Frank cannot see.":
1 1 3 4 9 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls City Knowledge vs TN 4:
1 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '4'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Athletics:
1 2 2
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Stealth:
3 4 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Denver Area Knowledge:
3 5 5

** GM Frank Peretti **
«Astral» Gnarf spots a Force 6 Wind spirit, in the form of a Raven near the target safehouse when they are drawing near to the location. It is keeping watch on the safehouse as it's point of attention, not outward. It does not seem at all like it is guarding the safehouse.. but wanting to attack it.

Frank is nice and quiet on the route to their recon location and keeps up a good pace without getting winded.

Frank doesn't seem to be picking up on little things in the environment as they go that Gnarf is noticing (Frank low perception roll).

Gnarf, likewise.. is quiet like Frank.. the two are a couple ghosts in the shadows of the city.

Using his knowledge of the area, Gnarf finds a back alley fire escape that the two climb up to the roof. It's still about a 1/2 block away from the target safehouse but the higher elevation over the 1 story residential buildings around the target house makes for a great long distance view without obstruction. It's from this location that Frank hands Gnarf the binoculars after taking a look.. and Gnarf spots the raven spirit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) has the PC Note "Phyllis.Raven" by Frank Peretti (#5894) with the following information (only to Gnarf):
----------—[ Shadowrun Denver ]-
=====================> PC Note On Frank Peretti (#5894) <======================
Date: Sat Jun 11 22:06:48 2016
Posted By: Frank Peretti (#5894)
Subject: Phyllis.Raven
------> Text of PC Note <-----—-

Contact: Phyllis Hans (Talismonger) level 1

She is the Aunt of Ingrid Bischoff (Street Shaman) lvl 2 and has been entrusted with letting her work at her talismongering shop "Hans and Fronds" in the Warrens. Phyllis lets Ingrid reside at the shop with her and her husband in the residence above the shop.

As part of the agreement with Ingrid's mother in Colorado Springs, Phyllis is to "look out for" and protect Ingrid while she is in Denver visiting/living with her aunt.

To this purpose, Phyllis produces a F6 (Wind) Nature Spirit in the form of a raven that she sends out to watch over and protect Ingrid.


«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "Frank doesn't know about this spirit thing.. it's something Phyllis does on her own."

** GM Frank Peretti **
Perception roll please now that we are on the rooftop. Last perception was for noticing things on the route here.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 5 11 15

Gnarf needs to operate a tactical pack of wipes to dry his face several times. Ooof.. The elf huffs and puffs which he can hide somehow, because the dark dressed guy blends with surrounds well. The spirit is an oddity, but it might turn loose as well which the awakened meta puts on his short list. Maybe they can chitcat, but firsts first. "I know you are angry and want to choke dead every last soul except your girl, but you need to cool, understand? We will punish them, but this all needs to be done smartly as you say. We have no thick corp armors to start." The surprisingly quiet guy watches more closely and sets down the binocs to state, "There are outlines of some ghost in the air, I think. Do avians have special meaning to anybody you know? If not, there might be a third party."

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence for "One more.":
2 2 3 4 4 5

** GM Frank Peretti **
Target Information Learned/Shared between Gnarf and Frank

  • From rooftop location back yard can be seen.

Dead Tree
* Doghouse
* Back door has 6 paned windows (three high, two wide)* Curtains/shades all pulled on all windows of the house, and door.

  • Rooftop is shingled, half the shingles are missing.
  • Swingset in back yard rusty, chains hang but seats are missing.
  • Sandbox present, filthy (cat box use)
  • Back window/shade lit by light inside, occassional shadow falls upon the window.
  • Grass/weeds rule the back yard. Walking path from back alley fence/gate to rear door.. otherwise the rest of the yard is 2+ feet tall in weeds/grass.
  • Van from abduction sit in alley behind the house. Garbage in alley there thrown out of the way to make room. Van parked closed to back wall/gate so it is right up next to the back yard gate with its side door.
  • Alley garbage strewn about as van drove through the tight alley. The alley is not tall walled brick buildings.. but short back yard fences (mostly chain link).

Other yards:

  • Nearly every yard has a dog on a chain.

Pretty much constant barking, just the 'type' of barking that alerts the owner.

  • BTL dealer out at main street where the alley leads back between the homes.
  • Prostitute on corner of main street intersection to the North 50 meters from alley.
  • Pimp in Lincoln Continental across the street keeping an eye on his girl.
  • Rotodrone seen flying overhead from North to South in general area but doesn't seem to be offensive.. .yet?
  • Homeless guy sleeping on the roof not far away from Gnarf and Frank's position on the 4 story apartment building they are using for a recon location.

IC Time: 10:22 pm
Weather: 72 F
Clear skies
1/2 moon

Frank calms down a bit under Gnarf's guidance and wisdom/logic as he starts to see the importance of being calm for the sake of being more useful in events to come.

Frank doesn't seem to have been privy to any ghost information but he nods slowly at the direct questioning, "Ingrid is a Raven shaman.. just like her aunt that owns the Talismongering shop where Ingrid is working and living right now. But.. what's this about a ghost?"

Gnarf grunts and hisses as he exhales slowly, "Ghost thing. A spirit, I guess. It watches the house. Okay, we see a lot. The alley would take a lot of dead cats to appease the dogs on the leashes, because nobody can buy enough meatstuff to calm them. Unless we rub down with dirt from the alley, we cannot sneak past the dogs unless the wind blows right." He points at his nose, "honks" the facial feature for good measure and sighs. "The fence itself we can move over, but the guards will see us. The roof looks better, but only if we can move over there somehow." He rolls his head and rubs his neck through the coat's hood. "Fuck." Gnarf sighs once more and goes on, "A shaman you say? Impressive. Makes your girl one hell of a catch." There is the faintest twinkle in the ambers which attain a distant quality while the fatty rants on, "Backyard looks lively enough, not so sure about the house. That pimp.. He is the saddest pimp in the history of making others work for you. I need to hook him up with mine so he can learn his trade. The hooker must be the best hooker, because she can earn this guy some money all by herself. So it all comes together, right? Best lives with worst." And he focuses again, "Sorry. Now.. Maybe we can enter from the side, too."

Frank considers the info they share on what they recon and nods as he is listening to Gnarf's logic, 'Maybe we can find another place opposite here.. so we can see the front yard and take some peaks along the sides of the house too? We know what we got pretty good on the back yard area." He pauses, "I think they'll be roughing her up to get the info.. at some point.. they'll know they're getting the truth out of her about the information being destroyed in that fire… and they're going to want to remove her as a witness and cut their losses. I…. I don't know how long she can stand up to a beating," he's getting emotional again.

Gnarf nods to the norm which looks like a series of agreement motions. "Yes, we switch spots, get the Three Dee imagery." Word! "Speaking off, there is a drone up there. We need to see what it does. I can handle the dro"

Gnarf nods to the norm which looks like a series of agreement motions. "Yes, we switch spots, get the Three Dee imagery." Word! "Speaking off, there is a drone up there. We need to see what it does. I can handle the drone, if I have to, but it would be a huge problem because of the attention a crashing vehicle brings. Maybe. Potentially. Possibly. Still trying to get the hang in that regard. But that is so far away now when we did not even walk around and get to the other spot."

Frank nods to the planning, "Okay.. let's climb back down the fire escape.. move around and find a new location to get a good view of the front and sides of the house.. maybe we will find some window of opportunity."

Frank takes a last view with the binoculars (previous perception roll info), "Wait… the van is still running. Small exhaust puffs moving the weeds behind the exhaust pipe. That mean someone is still inside it?"

«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "Sorry, forgot that preivously.. explination (reward for an amazing perception roll).. to explain the rotodrone."

Gnarf quirks brows and opens his mouth to sound a slightly bellowing, breathless "Oh." He breathes slowly and lowers his head again, "Info slotted. Could be all manners of constellations so we move around the other way not to run into the van people dwelling inside, I guess."

Frank nods, "Sounds good." He shoulders his pack of gear again, binoculars back away as he follows Gnarf, the sneaky helpful guy he's lucked into on this fortuitous evening of need.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Climbing down the fire escape, the two head out to find a new location, working to be sneaky and careful along the way.

** GM Frank Peretti **
+rolls Please:

Perception
Stealth
Other applicable skills

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Stealth:
1 1 3 5

«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "Frank is mildly average."

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence for "More awareness.":
1 1 3 4 8 23
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Stealth for "Sneaking again.":
1 3 9

«Plot» Gnarf says, "I stand."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "Rigger perception (Frank lowest Stealth) includes vision mods/lighting, etc.":
2 2 2 4 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf and Frank head on and work their way around carefully. Under Gnarf's guidance they avoid four thugs that had set up a place to ambush someone (thievery/thrashing). They find an old warehouse across the street from the target home and down about 100 meters with access to the roof by climbing the neighboring abandoned building and jumping over the narrow alley to the top of the warehouse roof. From there they observe more….

  • Rotodrone has turned around and circled back.. after a few more passes it seems like the target house may be the center of it's patrol route. It seems they have a rigger.
  • Front of house has a weed infested yard. Concrete sidewalk from street up to front porch.
  • Front porch is a covered roof, wood plank flooring.

*Front windows covered inside (curtains/shades).

  • Front yard and side narrow yards all surrounded by same chain link fence. Common residential, only 1 meter tall (easy to climb over).
  • Right side where garbage cans would normally be kept has a crawlspace plywood cover at ground level. For access to plumbing, etc beneath the floor of the home. No apparently basement.

«Astral»: Raven Wind spirit repositions on occassion but is dilligent. "emotion" is that of protection and seems to be looking for a target (within the home).

** GM Frank Peretti **
Athletics roll TN 3 for rooftop alley jump.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Athletics vs TN 3 for "Frank's jump.":
1 2 3 4 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Athletics vs TN 3 for "Jump, jump!":
2 4 5 = 2 Successes

Gnarf notes the spirit who has been summoned with much love and motherly care to watch as well as it can. The elf seems to flow around this breach of peace or aggressive force, but there is a lurking sense about the Native fellow as well. More climbing. Elf needs a break and struggles in that regard, but not until they are atop the building to secure and make the most of the elevated vantage which helps to calm the guy and his burning feet. "Fuck," wheezes he while cooling down with some citrus perfumed wipes. "We need to stick out of the drone 'n' van rigger's pov. At least they do not have a turret in the van. The drone.. I do not even want to know, but we can deal." He sighs now that his breathing normalizes again. He had to fricken hop around like some bunny! Fuuuu… Ahem.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Two happy jumpers make it safe.

Frank notes the drone and their combined conclusion that the van must house the target group's team rigger. They have found a shanty shack type structure on the old warehouse to conceal themselves from aerial view (mostly: see above stealth rolls) but the rotodrone has a superior position of view, that is certain.

Frank nods slowly, "Okay… what's our options?"

Gnarf speaks quietly now, "Distract and go in the other way. I think we might be able to enlist the ghost bird spirit thing as a helper in some way then go in the other way and take out the rigger, but that might alert the dogs, if we are not careful. It is clear we cannot deal with rigger, van, drone and the guys in the house all at once, but I think we can get into the house well enough and do not need to call in mercenary aides. I think I could talk to the pimp and the thugs we snuck past, but all of them would be scared of the rigger and only cause more trouble. There is the bliss house to mind, too, so that is not an option, either, because those guys have at least one with an autogun and a fuckton of cover to keep safe. And combat 'ware or some other edge." He clears his breath, "Wizard. Time for me to cheat in preparation of what is to come." The Native winks, lights a new cig while cupping the glowing end to hide the thermal flare which lets him collect the cloud between his hands. A throaty word in what has to be from one of those languages, maybe it is a convoluted string of adjectives lined up like a bead necklace, a little rattle from something on the elf's coat wrapped arm, a few steps and he calls the essence of the nearby streets and alleys themselves to join them. in their hiding spot. They are a bit up, but the warehouse does not feel like a home.

«Plot» Gnarf says, "Calling an F6 city spirit. BG, please?"

** GM Frank Peretti **
BG Count: 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Conjuring vs TN 8 for "Shaman calling City spirit with Cha8.":
2 3 4 4 7 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Charisma vs TN 7 for "M drain. Need four succs.":
1 2 2 2 8 8 9 16 = 4 Successes

Frank watches on and seems agreeable to the planning thus far.. the logic of what 'not to do' seems solid.

Gnarf's hooded visage strains which Frank of the contacts can spot, it seems to elongate and brassy and golden scales sprout along while his eyes shift and the cloud of noxious blue cancer party merges as mana, debris and the stuff of life, the living planet in the form of some moss and algae on rusted splinters gains form. The elf casts an unblinking gaze of truth merged with a brutal, primordial wisdom and the spirit, ghost or whatever shows up and drops by going by the descending cloud. The six foot or roughly 1.8m being says, "Yo!" as a means of introduction while he adjusts the sandwich wrapper beanie cap and tucks at his rusted fence links belt. Gnarf replies with, "Yo-yo-Dog-Alley. It is good you could join us. I have your task for you soon, eh? Then you are free to go and live it up here as you please. Okay.. Now we talk to the raven birdie, maybe scope the house out in the spirit world, but again: one at a time."

Frank seems a little at awe of what is going on, but strictly mundane he can never fully appreciate or understand what the is watching. He offers a respetful nod to the summoned spirit and then nods to Gnarf, "Okay.. I'll watch here and keep you safe… you do that spirit walk like Ingrid can do then?" A pause, "I am way out of my understanding about this magic stuff.. does her being a Raven shaman help you find a way to rescue her?"

Gnarf nods and shoulder pats the spirit which results in a small billow of dust and green coppery glitter in the air. "Uhhm, yea, guess I need flying over not to bring noise and alert everbody in the area. Anything you want me to say to the spirit?" He smiles again, but his generous smile is a little off in the moment and actually shines a trifle otherworldly. "I hope I did not scare you. It helps, because I cannot deal with elementals as easily as with spirits like that raven wind bird." He sits all cliche Native style and brofists to the city spirit who waits patiently.

Frank looks at a loss, "Say to the ghost spirit?" a pause, "Um.. I don't know. I know Ingrid can call spirits.. I assume it must be Ingrid's spirit then. But she is all about staying in the open air with sight of the sky. Is that why her ghost is a raven? I have no idea what they can do even.. that's all her world."

Gnarf nods slowly, "The spirit has a link to the one calling it. So it might be possible to relay a few words. I never tested that so far, I must admit." He ducks his head once more, "Yes. Most callers flavor their spirits with their totems or do so when calling spirits aligned to their totems. Some only ever call spirits which look like themselves or their totems. Some book mages do the same. Egos are strange." He shrugs. "You should try to share her world a little from a book perspective, chummer. But now I must go and talk to the spirit. Maybe the wind can help us."

Franks listens and learns (putting in queue for Magic Background skill right now).

Gnarf upnods to the other man who remained standing then slumps against the next best wall-like structure where he sat up before, calls two watchers to watch over his body as the seconds long distraction needed in a pinch. And off he goes! Strong, powerful, floating and not of the mass which shapes his meat body.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The Wind Spirit (Raven) can be seen in the astral as Gnarf, Inc. approaches. Being in the astral, it seems to sense that Gnarf is not coming to attack it but is coming in peace (all emotions and such visibible/interpreted). In the astral it's a much larger windish swirl semi-human/bird form (Force 6) and it nods to Gnarf as he approaches. Good so far.. it hasn't attacked.

The elf approaches with a somewhat plumed form of his mercurial, cryptoid shape and gives a sidesways arm motion greeting and wave typical to his culture, scaled and clawed five digit hand up in an open palm, "Hey there, spirit. I bring news of your ward's paramour. He and I will free her, but we could use some friendly help from you, because you can do your protection biz better when you help us help the girl. Then we can all go home. How does that sound. But I rather not forget: Greetings from him to your caller."

The Wind Spirit reponds in a croaky gravely raven type voice, "You speak of the man who rides the metal horse? The one who would likewise give his live to protect my ward?"

Gnarf exhales in a slow hiss as he resumes to accost the spirit, "Yes, I do so. You gathered that just fine. I decided to help them, but cooperation goes a long way, Raven bird." He flashes a large smile with rows of teeth and spins about the watchful summon's form to come to a halt.

The Wind spirit ponders the discussion, "I am tasked to protect my Ward.. if you wish to bind in service for this cause I see not how this would displease my master."

Gnarf voices softly and with pleased notions yet also distant, as if far away on the other end of a crevasse or canyon, "Wonderful. We would want you to trouble the metal bird ridicule which circles the house, daze its pilot who sits in the boxy four wheeled horse to the back of the prison house or hide our smells from the watching dogs in the other housing segemnts. What it will be in detail we need to find out about by discussing it. All of these jobs should be easy for you, but you will only have to complete on of those. I will be right back. I called a spirit of the streets and I do not feel comfortable keeping him for longer than I have to."

The Wind spirit nods, "I can crash the flying metal box in the sky and conceal your smells the best.. the man in the metal box behind the home is beyond my reach unless I can get him to come out into the open air."

Gnarf nods to the spirit by swaying his long, sinuous neck, "I know. I mean you can bedazzle and cloud the wheeled beast's little eyes he will see through when not pretending to be a bird. But I hear you. I will return shortly!" He waves and scoots back into his body again where he first squints actively then slowly addresses the norm, "The bird will help with one of two things so far. Mask out smells to the dogs when Yo-Yo can make us fuse with the alley so the rigger cannot see us. The other way is we float over to the house while the bird tosses the drone around. The second plan runs the risk of the fleeing rigger. The first plan means we might get in trouble, if one of the guards in the house sees us."

Frank listens super close, "Just to repeat so I am understanding.. please set me straight if I'm wrong on any of this. Plan A would be for the bird ghost spirit to mess up the drone in the sky by making it's sensors get all confused or just seeing clouds and the like… while your creature you summoned here helps hide us visually so we can get close to the house. We'd then do what when we got to the house? Plan B.. you use magic to float us to the house in the air while the bird ghost spirit thing physically assaults the rotodrone… right?" A pause, "I like option A the best so far."

------> Frank Peretti's PrP <------
Frank Peretti's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Thu Jun 16 07:48:16 2076 <------

** GM Frank Peretti **
Log restarted.

The sitting shaman smiles while he listens to what the other says. The captive is his girl so the elf will not decide for them. "Clarity is fine. We want that." He breathes slowly and does not light another cig now. "First plan is we fly over to the house and down the open roof, because I can make us fly. At the same time, the raven spirit attacks the drone with their abilities. I keep Yo-Yo on standby or her cuts the van's tires and the like." He pauses, nods and says then, "So ka. The other plan is Yo-Yo makes us invisible to the rigger while the raven spirit makes us have no scent so we can sneak up the alley and get the drop on the rigger in the van. Then we take the house. Do you still want plan A, please?"

** GM Frank Peretti **
Note: Roof it not open. Shingles have been blown off.. but there are no holes in the wooden roof under the shingles.

Frank ah's at the clarrification, "I like Plan B better."

** GM Frank Peretti **
The Wind Spirit (Raven) is perched on a telephone pole nearby.. waiting for further coordination.

Gnarf nods, "We would need to kick the plywood roofing open which might take some form of tool we do not have right now, correct. Which means we do the sneaking without a sound snuffing magic at my disposal. So the sneaking is what we do." He exhales slowly and says in the process, "I ask the spirit to help us with the dogs now." Now he begins to close his eyes and leave his body for the second time.

Frank stays on guard over Gnarf, he takes out his Alta with the silencer, nightvision contacts still in.. eyes looking about for trouble as he guards.

Gnarf leaves the faintly alive form behind to slowly lose its essence until he can fill it out again while the young man jaunts in his astral version to convene with the spirit, "Heeey once again, raven spirit. We coo' now and sneak up the alley so we need your help with the dogs' noses. Twist the currents and we can get to the four wheeled horse easily. It is best you start shortly before we enter the way between the wire mesh walls."

The Wind Spirit nods with a slight bow, "I will distract the currents upward, away from the ground as you request."

Gnarf emits a cloud of grey mana from his nostrils as he snorts, "Don't bow for me. It is may be flattering, but you are nobody's servant. Not really. Thank you for helping us out, chummer. See you later, I am sure." He waves a parting motion and returns to Frank and Yo-yo-Dog-Alley where he stands up without much delay, "Arctic, it is on. Yo-yo, mask us, first him," he points at the blond man with the vest, "then me, too. Let us go and punt a drone jockey before we get into the house."

** GM Frank Peretti **
Concealment: +Spirit Rating TN to our stealth rolls.

** GM Frank Peretti **
+6 on our Stealth TN's

Frank keeps his alt out and in hand, only putting it away for times like jumping to the other building again or climbing down.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Athletics TN 3 to jump back to the other rooftop to climb down.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Stealth for "+6 for sneaking from the spirit.":
1 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Athletics vs TN 3 for "Frank's jump":
2 2 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Stealth for "+6 Frank's sneakery.":
1 2 2 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Athletics vs TN 3 for "Ooof..":
1 2 5 = 1 Success

** GM Frank Peretti **
Team Sneakery: Result 10
Ally Jump: Success

Gnarf needs to hop again which is ust not fair, but he manages in more of a very long step and shifting his girth forward in time not to fall back and down. The shaman crawls down to the street level right after where he does not have to wait for the far more agile norm to begin their crawl up to the rigger's wagon, hopefully unnoticed with the diverting spirits helping them out. The Native moccassins lend themselves to the challenge ahead, but his sweating does not. He wipes his face and armpits before they get too close then takes hold of the shotgun for a warclub and firearm as needed.

Frank holsters his gun when they are ready to jump over to the neighboring buildings roof. A couple steps back, quickly forward.. leap! He lands in a crouch nice and quiet. The Nomad moves to the ladder and climbs down after Gnarf to join him in the alley and then draws out his gun again and crouches lower as they start to sneak forward. Needing to cross the street and get around the house and get into the alley behind the house for the van task.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The Wind Spirit notes her associates coming into the area.

Gnarf and Frank can feel wind swirling up around them.. their hair exposed fluttering upward as if the wind is coming from the ground.. very unusual to experince.. like a tiny tornado as the winds swirl and get moved skyward instead of across the ground.

+6 TN's to smells of Gnarf and Frank.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Rigger perception of Gnarf and Frank.":
1 1 1 4 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 3 vs TN 10 for "Area Dogs sniffing.":
3 3 11 = 1 Success

** GM Frank Peretti **
As they progress (include in poses if you wish).. the dogs in the area seem unsettled a bit but are not able to focus on the specific location of this mystery smell(s).. they are more wimpering than barking now.

Gnarf quietly walks past the bitching assortment of pitbulls, mastiffs, staffords and similar breeds, sometimes mixes of those. The comforting lull of Yo-yo's protection he does not allow into his mind, because they need to be aggressive which is not one of Frank's problems, no doubt. The elf rolls his shoulders slightly as they get closer and need to bank on an open sliding door or window for quick access.

Frank is careful about where he steps, quiet breathing and not bumping into things as he's following behind. A couple times he feels himself step wrong on something in the tall grasses but the sound was mysteriously muffled. Likewise.. he watches Gnarf on occassion seem to be misty like when he walks through a more lit area.. mystical intriging.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf and Frank have made it to the back alley near the van. The van is 5 meters away. G&F are at the front of the vehicle, windows fully tinted black and unable to be seen into at all. Indeed.. the soft purring of the engine can be heard.. it <is> running.

Gnarf looks back at the camoflagued and obscured Frank who oozes this familiarity and sense of belonging though they are aliens here who are bound to stir up escalating layers of trouble. He leans this way and that to find out where they can get to the vanrunner type opposition. Clearly, the must move forward and around to be where they must. The large man speeds up a little.

«Plot» Gnarf says, "Gnarf looks for an opening and takes a glance at the house."

** GM Frank Peretti **
Perception roll please.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence for "Frank's perception":
1 2 3 3 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence for "Gnarf looking about.":
1 2 2 4 4 19

Frank is a mechanic and thus versed in the working of vehicles intimately. He moves to whisper in Gnarf's ear, "If we can plug the end of the van's exhaust pipe 90% the van will run roughly and backup carbon monoxide gasses into the vehicle. Might force him to turn the vehicle off.. or get curious enough to investigate what's wrong. If you plug it 100% the backpressure will cause the engine to stall out. Must be very seriously plugged though because it will build up a LOT of pressure before it stalls out… just info.. not sure we want to do anything like that."

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf and Frank (mostly Gnarf) notice:

  • They walked past the crawlspace playwood into the crawlspace. It's barely even attacked, a small tug would pull it off.
  • Grass in back yard is tall enough to completely hide someone if laying down in it. (from Rotodrone would not assist concealment though).
  • Gnarf can hear a woman's voice in the target house scream out in a sharp and shocking pain after the sound of a loud slap/punch. (Frank didn't seem to hear it).

------> Frank Peretti's PrP <------
Frank Peretti's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Thu Jun 16 23:24:30 2076 <------

** GM Frank Peretti **
Log restarted

Gnarf does not flinch and should get his braids sorted out or, more precisely, find himself a decent barber sometime. He chuckles in a low, onetime burst then whispers, "I only plug one hundred percent, but thank you a lot. That is very helpful info. We can rip off the plywood in the backyard and use that or mess with the appliances and pipings which accessible from there or use that for some other trick. We can use the grass to hide from anybody looking except the drone. We should not waste time now, though. Can you cut the tires in a pinch so the rigger does not get away?" He eyes the van with much suspicion, finds no open door and takes a kerchief from his coat which must be a spare bandanna.

Frank takes a look from where he is and whispers, "I'll have to check the tires.. they make runflats that are solid rubber that can't be flattened.. but I can go look. Van probably has low pressure sensors though.. if we do flatten one or more tires.. he'll probably get alerted that the tires are going flat."

Frank whispers a smidge more, "I like the idea of doing a recon on the crawlspace to see what options we have before we screw with the rigger."

** GM Frank Peretti **
cha-ching… rigger ware.. drones.. RCD… there is a crapload of « LOOT » posibilities if G&F don't die.

Gnarf smiles on and can see the Y.Ys in Frank's eyes which cause the shaman to about beam yellowly, "Please do. It is a nice backup plan. Then we find out about the space. It is better, if we do that together to reduce noise. There will be less tearing, if we lift from two sides. Shall I stick the cloth in now? It will take some to have the effect we want."

Frank nods to the plan.

Gnarf plugs the pipe 100%, then decides to pull some back out not to destroy the precious shinies. He picks a few pebbles or crushed cans he steps on as needed to make the things fit. There are no real sticks around here and the grass feels too precious to tear up.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Please +roll Car B/R vs TN 4, or Intellignece with TN 8 for defaulting.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence vs TN 8 for "Car B/R4+4defaulting to mess up the exhaust.":
1 1 2 2 5 10 = 1 Success

** GM Frank Peretti **
Nice! success.

Frank crouches next to the fence, waiting for Gnarf to return so they can start phase 2.

Gnarf fidgets some time to make it really work and eyes his faintly smoldering black gloves, but that cannot ruin his mood. He stealthes over to the fence or does a fair impression of such. Time to get behind the plywood without delay. On the astral, there are some signs of guilt, but he cannot have the biker trip and charge into the house or get too distracted. He points at the far side of the wood product contraption and aims to head there.

Frank moves with Gnarf over the chain link fence as quiet as they can into the backyard again. They move along the side of the home to the small 2ft tall x 3ft wide plywood piece that is barely attached and then Frank takes hold, nods that he is ready with whispering.. one.. two.. three.. pull.

The plywood pulls off easily…..

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "Plywood pull heard?":
1 1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Things seem quiet still.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The entrance of the crawlspace is now minorly lit with moonlight.. further in is pitch black.

Frank pulls out his pocket flashlight but doesn't turn it on as he gets on his knees, willing to follow or lead depending on Gnarf's actions.

Gnarf gets on his knees and looks inside by sticking his head in a little to see more closely with some silent huffs and puffs. He is careful enough not to get bit by an animal. Quiet is good which brings some relief to the otherwise adrenaline building, heavy man.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The crawl space looks to have about a 2ft space between dirt floor and the bottom of the floor joists (boards). There are a great deal of spider webs beneath the home and some glowing reflective eyes in the far back corner of the space.
A 4 inch diameter plastic pipe can be seen going down the center with smaller 2 inch plastic pipes connecting into it and going upward into the floor (kitchen sink drain, bathroom sink drain, larger 4" drain from toilet, bathtub/shower drain). Looking at these pipes allows a guess on where the kitchen is and the bathroom of the small 2 bedroom home. The areas without any piping are likely living room/and bedrooms.
Additionally, there is some wiring secured to the floor boards that seem to collect under one area (near the glowing eyes) and go up into the floor (likely where the circuit breaker box is above that), probably water heater there also by the thicker 240 volt wiring.
There may be more to discover once crawling inside.

Frank peers in but doesn't dare turn on his flashlight yet for better detail, too much of a chance of the rotodrone above spotting the light.

Gnarf snorts at the dust, webs and lingering smells. He can do without the extra eyes, too. He whispers after getting his head back out, "Full of creepy crawlies, but I can see the pipes and electricity just fine. I can yank them from here. I got a spell with about seven hundred pounds of pull. It is not precise enough to rewire, but I am no electrics wizard." He is too fat to crawl inside.

Frank nods to Gnarf's cool spell info and whispers, "Are we looking for a way inside from down here? If we cut the electricity they might go on high alert and come looking for us.. one or two left with Ingrid.. one or two coming out looking for us. Evens the odds.. but the rigger would bring his drone to play right? We want to keep surprise for getting in and catching them all by surprise at once? Or little by little and hope they don't kill Ingrid," he shudders at this last comment.

Gnarf hrrms, "The rigger will have their own problems very soon. Still equates to waves or a group on high alert. Fact is I cannot crawl in there, but I can knock out the crawlies for you to get in and find a away up to let me in from the inside. They will not kill your woman so soon. She is too valuable to them." He stiffles a cough, "I like the surprise part."

Frank considers the into of going in alone to open up either the front or back door before he whispers, "I won't know what is available to open to let you in until I can get up inside and see what we are dealing with… I'll txt you.. 1 for back door, 2 for front door.. 3 for a window on this side of the house, 4 for a window on the other side of the house.. 5.. if it looks like there are no good options. That work?"

Gnarf lowers his head in an almost birdlike ducking motion while some of the dust, charged somehow, seems to rest in midair as if afloat to slowly sink down to the grown as if moving in a viscid liquid, "Understood. It works. Now I zone out the critters." Elf sticks his head back in to see the most of the beings, shifts to see the spirit world and opens his mouth wide for the snouty bodypart to chug out a glob of invisible mana he spits at the eyes and bodies. He centers the blast which can only hit what and whom he can see to the back as much as possible.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) has the Spell Stunball with the following information:

«OOC» Gnarf says, "BG is, please? Any other mods?"
«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "BG Count: 2, Lighting: +1"

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + 2 (Pool) vs TN 7 for "Casting F4 Stunball @S. Drain is 2D even with BG2.":
1 1 2 2 3 7 8 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "Most tenatious critter (glowing eyes critter) if spell takes it out the rest also go down. Resisting TN 4, D Stun.":
2 4 4 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
"Eyes" take Serious stun.. rest of tiny critters go unconcious.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower + 4 (pool) vs TN 2 for "Need 8 successes to soak drain in full.":
1 1 1 1 1 1 3 5 7 8 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Gnarf says, "KP that, then rinse and repeat."

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower + 4 (pool) - 4 vs TN 2 for "Need 4 more successes to soak drain in full. Reroll.":
2 2 3 3 3 5 = 6 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
The first stunball does a massive drop of spiders and mice and other things that Gnarf can spot in the astral. The far back corner where the eyes are is a gnarly squeel like a giant rat being choked with gloved hands.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + 2 (pool) vs TN 6 for "WP3 squeaky rat sleep and bleed now, please.":
1 1 2 2 4 4 4 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower + 4 (pool) vs TN 2 for "Need 8 successes to soak drain in full.":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 16 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "Rat resisting TN 4 Serious stun":
2 3 4 = 1 Success

** GM Frank Peretti **
Rat plops to the dirt floor asleep.

Gnarf grunts and has to build up a second one, leather patch in hand. The big elf collects another sphere he lets expand when it is in place to take out the big rat as well. The mana impacts and tires out the will in a pulse of astral power. Because the magics overload the brains of the tiny crawlies, they hurt more, but the big rat is not any luckier in the end. The two hammer blows rush through the Native's neural pathways as the bellowing song words in his throat ebb and he pockets the leather patch again. Out and behind in the grass, the leaves shake a little and the dust billows again. He plops his head back out and whews before he can voice, "No more spiders, rats, mice and others for you now. Space is yours, chummer."

Frank offers a light open handed pat on Gnarf's shoulder/back and a big smile before a whisper, "Thanks chummer.. mighty impressive." He then crawls in on hands and knees and ends up being more belly and pull along with dragged legs for lack of space.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence for "What can Frank find.":
1 3 4 4 5

It takes Frank a good four minutes to scout around with his flashlight and finally he ends up over by the confluence of wires that go up to the expected circuit breaker area above. He lights himself up with the flashlight a bit so he can be seen and then does a bit of a mime.. box shape, opening upward, thumbs up. The biker then puts away his pistol and takes out his knife, holds his knife between his teeth and starts to gently push the trap door/access upward carefully.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Stealth for "Sneaky sneak?":
1 3 4 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "What was that?":
1 2 3 8 = 1 Success

The trap door offers just a tiny squeek as it opens.

Voices from above can be heard better now.

#1: This is your last chance Ingrid.. where is that data?

Ingrid: It was burned up in the fire.. I speak the truth.

Footsteps move accorss the floor towards Frank's corner of the building and he lowers down, the trap door closing again as he holds his breath…. was he found out?

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 4 vs TN 10 for "Noticing access hatch and getting suspicious of it?":
1 1 7 16 = 1 Success

The footsteps stop near Frank's area, pauses and then the trapdoor is pulled upward.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Surprise from Frank":
2 3 5 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Bad guy reaction":
1 3 3 4 9 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Frank has surprise.

Frank lunges upward, one hand reaching for the guy's lapel as he's still bent over close, the other bringing his knife up at the guy's throat.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Edged Weapons (Knife) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Edge Weapons.Knife/4~Melee combat with knife.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Edged Weapons (Knife) + Combat Pool: 5 - 3 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Edge Weapons.Knife/4~Melee combat with knife. KP: 1":
2 2 2 3 4 4 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Edged Weapons (Knife) + Combat Pool: 5 - 6 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Edge Weapons.Knife/4~Melee combat with knife. KP: 3":
2 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Frank Peretti says, "KP: 3/13"

** GM Frank Peretti **
Surprise attack, he can't dodge to reduce successes. Straight up counter and then soak if any remains.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 4 + 2 (KP) vs TN 4 for "Defense, KP: 3/3":
1 1 2 5 5 7 = 3 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
9 successes - 3 reduced = 6 successes
Base Damage: 4M -> 4S -> 4D -> 4D+

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Soaking 4D+ (out of KP)":
1 2 3 5 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
10 boxes physical taken.

Frank lunges his knife into the man's throat and then pulls him down into the crawlspace through the trap door, trying his best not to make a crap load of noise.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Captain Raymond Pierce, UCAS retired intelligence officer, deceased.

Gnarf grumps, "Had to spell twice because of the pollution. This house is one of pain and misery. It will not matter, if we add more. Thanks, of course." The elf stays down and hidden the best he can while he divides his attention between Frank and the outside to keep an eye on the progress of monoxide gassing the rigger. The rest is mostly waiting and a slow shift closer to the house when.. unexpected things happen. Gnarf lurks until he sees the body, "Check him for a comm and a phone. Let me see, if there is on in his head!" Elf quickly switches to second sight before the body is too lifeless.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Perception roll for Gnarf please.. can use same +roll for astral as well as outside looking around.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Headware for Cpt. R. Pierce?":
1 2 3 4 10 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence for "Frank checking body.":
1 2 3 3 4

** GM Frank Peretti **
«ASTRAL»

  • Cyber eyes
  • Thin black line from eyes down to right hand with dark in palm of hand.
  • Black plug in right ear canal (probably earplug commlink).
  • Mundane
  • life force quickly ebbing away.

«Mundane»

  • Passengers window of van (happens to be facing Gnarf) rolls down fully and an invisible gas rolls out.. dwarf driver inside jacked in is caughing, eyes closed.. still jacked in.

Trap door still open:

#1 Captain Pierce.. go check on Leutenant Barnes please.. he says there is a vehicle problem.

Frank doesn't seem to find anything on the guy other than an very obvious Desert Eagle 40 caliber pistol in a holster on the man's hip. The earbud commlink passes by without him discovering it.

Frank has a great deal of blood on his face and chest and right forearm/hand.. the man's throat was opened up like a fish and he pulled him down the hole on top of himself.. he's pretty much covered in blood now.

Gnarf chuckles faintly though he should not, "Cybereyes, smartgun, cybercommunicator or some stud in his ear. Van window is open. Driver is seated inside. I can get the guy now though dwarves are ornery. You got to wash and bleach before we go. Something like that. The gun might not be useful for us when it is miltech."

Frank can hear Gnarf's hushed voice under the crawlspace and oh's, checks the guy's ear and finds the earplug comm. A big smile and nod to Gnarf as he pulls it out and slips it into his own ear….
> Roger that, backed up exhaust fumes is gassing me pretty good, just come check it out please.
> Affirmative, having Pierce come check it now.
—> Pierce.. I said Barnes needs help at the van.. get your ass out there.

** GM Frank Peretti **
End of combat round, combat pool refreshed.

Gnarf scowls at the ear wax transferral though the military guy is likely squeaky clean out of habit. "Look for a key or something. Okay, I will take the rigger over now unless you want to be Barnes and help him, though any other guy to find the blood will be onto us. Not economic. I take care of the dwarf, you keep going, please."

Frank gives Gnarf a very blood thumbs up, puts his sharp knife into that hand and then climbs up through the hatch into the utility closet above.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Stealth for "Frank sneaky":
2 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "What's that? +2 TN for walls/distance":
1 4 8 10 16 = 3 Successes

In the house:
#1: Pierce.. your fucking comm go down just say something? I hear your ass.. get outside and help Barnes!

Frank grunts.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "that's not Pierce's grunt?":
1 2 4 5 9 = 1 Success

Colonel Jessip Johnson goes quiet.. what he is doing we don't know.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Intelligence for "Frank getting a good idea of his surroundings.":
1 3 5 5 5

Frank can hear a whimper from Ingrid.

A struggle/scuffle of feet and a chair scooting/moving on the hardwood floor can be heard from the room Ingrid is in.

Gnarf rises to his feet a little and lines up full LOS to the dwarf. He shapes a net with his hands while he rattles something on his left arm to lash out at the dwarf. He murmurs a happy song of resting in a hammock while ladies in thongs swing the hammock for the resting person. Then the elf casts his net which has lines to each of the elf's thick fingers, doing his best to get into the dwarf's thick head and rig the rigger with wiggles of his.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) has the Spell Control Thoughts with the following information:

------> Spell for Gnarf (#9142) <------
Spell Name: Control Thoughts
Force: 4
Spell Type: Manipulation/Control
Target: W(T)
Drain Code: +1S
GM Note: FETISH/LEARN


** GM Frank Peretti **
Threshold is 3. Willpower 5 / 2 = 2.5 (round up to 3)

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + 2 (totem) + 4 (pool) vs TN 7 for "Controlling the rigger.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 13 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower + 2 (pool) vs TN 4 for "4S drain. Need 6.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Gnarf says, "No effect. M Stun damage."

** GM Frank Peretti **
The dwarf rigger gets a mysterious whisper in his mind, like voices overlapping on a commchannel.. it's a bit confusing but he focuses to make sense of it.. and then the voices subside completely.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf: (out of KP)
Stun: 3
Phys: 0

Frank: KP: 3/13
Stun: 0
Phys: 0

Frank isn't sure if he's been made or not.. but if he has he can't cross a room and get to a man before a shot or a knife can get to Ingrid.. so he sheaths his knife and removes his Morrissey Alt with the silencer, takes a firm grip on it.. both hands.. and moves into the hallway.. look left.. right..

To Frank's right is the living room/kitchen area, empty.
To the left a bedroom on the left and right and a back door. The bedroom on the right has its door open and light coming out.

Gun ready.. up.. aimed.. he heads down the hallway towards the lit room.

Frank comes around the doorway with a spin so he arrives in view swiftly, his gun already up.. hopefully giving him a split second surprise.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Franks attempted surprise":
3 8 9 9 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Col. Johnson's reaction":
3 3 4 5 7 = 3 Successes

Frank gets the drop on the Col.. his shot better be true and do some serious damage because if this military guy gets his chance.. Frank's gunna be dead.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 3 for "Short Range TN 4 - 1 (top mounted laser) +2 (partial cover, but only from waist mid chest down: Ingrid as shield) -1 (Aimed shot) -1(target stationary)":
1 1 3 4 4 5 5 9 9 16 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M+8 successes (reduced to TN 4 due to armor jacket)":
1 1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5 9 9 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 7 - 6 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M+8 successes (reduced to TN 4 due to armor jacket), KP: 1":
1 4 5 5 5 5 = 5 Successes

Frank's aim is true, coming right in on the guy the bullet is released from his gun with a small clap sound. Colonel Jessip Johnson though has a good deal of military experience and he thrusts Ingrid to the side to give himself a spinning dive to the side at the same moment. Frank's bullet hits the man's armored jacket at the shoulder instead of the center of the chest where it was aimed at and the spinning action does nothing but put a scar across the Colonel's jacket cutting a groove in the armor, offering him no damage at all beneath.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 for "+6 Col J's +init":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Initiative with a result of 8.

Gnarf is not a reggae kind of elf. This felt wrong and he should have some details changed to vibe the right way. The buzz in his head is not the good kind, either, so a change of plans is called for. They have the option to be very loud, but they are not fully compromised yet. He can do something else, but that would give the dwarf time, too. What is the other doing? Why does he not text? Fuck! He makes a decision and rattles again and whistles the tune of Ghostriders in the Sky with an ironic smirk twisting his snouty mask when pain springs up in the Native's head like flares and fireworks on national celebration days.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) has the Spell Levitate with the following information:
------> Spell for Gnarf (#9142) <------
Spell Name: Levitate
Force: 6
Spell Type: Manipulation/Telekinetic
Target: 4(R)
Drain Code: +2M
GM Note: FETISH/LEARN


«Plot» Gnarf says, "Trying to rip the guy from his seat and plug."

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + 2 (Totem) + 4 (pool) vs TN 8 for "BG2+2stun. F6 spell.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower + 2 (pool) vs TN 7 for "6/2+2+2=7M.":
1 1 3 4 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Gnarf says, "S stun now."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (Willpower) + 2 (KP) vs TN 6 for "Rigger body vs F6 Levitate, KP: 3/3":
2 3 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Spell success, no succeses by rigger, out of KP now.

Gnarf does the iconic Vader hand as sweat runs from his temple liberally. The bandanna fails its dam job. More pain explodes as he aims and runs the mana currents through his body. The song was the easiest to come up with, but the flow is ragged. Success happens, however, because the dwarf floats six meters away from his seat, leaving what he had with him where it was. The shaman twists his hand now for a volleyball maneuvering motion to let the short man fly.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The force of the spell pulls on the dwarf rigger.. pulls.. his hip snaps before the seatbelt breaks.. and he's yanked with magical invisible force out through the passengers window without much gentle nature to it. His right leg hanging at a wierd angle.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (Body) vs TN 14 for "14S dumpshock (RCD Rating 10, + 4)S, no KP remaining.":
1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Lt. Barnes (Rigger) takes 6 boxes of stun.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Lt. Barnes at +2 TN's for 10 turns (willpower rolls to come when he can).

«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "Okay… CJJ's knockdown roll?"
«OOC» Gnarf says, "Body TN4. Needs one succ not to fall over."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Col. JJ's knockdown test.":
1 2 2 3 9 = 1 Success

** GM Frank Peretti **
Col. JJ manages not to fall over from the impact of the round.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Ingrid is bound with rope behind the chair, unable to use her hands and effect her magic currently.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Col. JJ has his gun out already.. that slippery biker was damn quick coming in and pulling the trigger on him but he's ready now. He raies his gun as he moves fast to the right to remain a moving target if Frank shoots again. He fires.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (pistols) + Combat Pool: 5 + 2 (KP) vs TN 5 for "TN 4(short Range) -2(smartlink) +4(attacker swiftly moving) -1(aimed shot), KP: 4/6":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 11 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (pistols) + Combat Pool: 5 + 2 (KP) - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "TN 4(short Range) -2(smartlink) +4(attacker swiftly moving) -1(aimed shot), KP: 5/6":
1 2 2 4 7 8 10 10 11 = 5 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Coming at Frank: 9M + 8 successes (sound familiar)?

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M -5(armor), KP: 3/13":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 7 - 3 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M -5(armor), KP: 4/13":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 7 - 5 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M -5(armor), KP: 6/13":
2 2 3 5 9 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Knockdown roll":
1 1 3 3 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Gnarf says, "You got all succs negated with soak. Leaves M."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 7 + 1 (KP) - 8 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M -5(armor), KP: 10/13":
4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "KP: 11/13 (knockdown reroll with 1 KP)":
1 3 4 4 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Frank soaks completely burning a crap load of KP, also used KP to keep from taking knockdown.
Frank: KP: 11/13
Stun: 0
Phys: 0

The Colonel mirrors' Franks skills and abilties with the gun and Frank lunges forward as he sees the military man's gun coming up at him. A similar spin and twist and the round splits through the edge of Frank's armored jacket and spins him around but he keeps on his feet, uninjured. As he is spinning he's bringing his gun around for a shot on the man that dare lay a hand on his old-lady.

«Plot» Frank Peretti says, "Out of Combat pool.. only Pistol skill dice remains.. and only 2 KP remains."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols vs TN 5 for "Frank's shot as previous but the col. lost his bit of cover, balanced in the numbers though by him moving now as a target. Same TN to +roll. Aimed shot, no combat pool remains. KP: 11/13":
2 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols vs TN 5 for "Frank's shot as previous but the col. lost his bit of cover, balanced in the numbers though by him moving now as a target. Same TN to +roll. Aimed shot, no combat pool remains. KP: 12/13":
2 3 7 7 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Col soaking 9M + 3 successes, KP: 5/5":
1 1 2 4 10 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Col. JJ (out of KP)
Stun: 0
Phys: 3

** GM Frank Peretti **
Frank (KP: 12/13)

«OOC» Gnarf says, "Yes. Now CJJ rolls Knockdown, but but he needs 3succs."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Col's knockdown, need 3 successes (out of KP)":
2 2 4 5 10 = 3 Successes

Frank's gun lines up, he squeezes the trigger as he continues a slow walk trying to keep Ingrid from becoming directly between he and his target. The round hits the colonel and a splat of blood forms on his chest from full penetration through the armored jacket.

The colonel gasps, "Fuck!"

** GM Frank Peretti **
Meanwhile.. outside with Gnarf…..

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf can hear gunfire inside.

** GM Frank Peretti **
The rotodrone slips into an auto program default and starts to descend towards the van as the roof of the van starts to open up and a dronerack arm starts to come up to retrieve the auto-returning drone.

Gnarf makes the parody of a ball hit from below, a telekinetic slap to let the dwarf fly up another six meters to a total of eight as muffled chugs, metallic clangs and the like sound behind closed windows. He thinks somebody might pick up on that, emphasis might. He bellows very much under his breath to help him maintain concentration while he experiences ongoing pain and fatigue. His eyes burn from the perspiration, too.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 for "+4 Col init (includes injury mod)":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Initiative with a modifier of -2 with a result of 9.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 for "+4 Ingrid Init":
2

** GM Frank Peretti **
Next Round:

Frank
Col JJ
Gnarf
Ingrid

«Plot» Frank Peretti says, "Aimed shot at the colonel.. crossing fingers."

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "Frank's shot at Col JJ, KP: 12/13":
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 - 6 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Frank's shot at Col JJ, KP: 13/13":
1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Frank is out of KP

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (Col soak) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Soaking 9M+6 successes (out of KP) (armor jacket included in TN)":
2 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 8 = 9 Successes

Frank takes aim and fires, hits true but the Col is a slippery fella with lots of life expereinces in battle, he twists as he continues to move fast and Frank's bullet rips a hole through his armored jacket near the waistline and passes through missing the Colonel beneat.. another hole passes through the back of the jacket and embeds into the wall of the room.

The Colonel snears a twisted smile and lays aim on Frank to end this piece of shit biker's life right now!

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 (Col Pistols) + 2 (remaining KP) vs TN 5 for "Col JJ's shot. (out of KP)":
1 1 2 2 4 5 5 = 2 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Oh.. Gnarf informs me overlooking.. Frank manages 1 box of phys on the Colonel. I was just rereading the +rolls and noticed also.. sweet.

Colonel JJ (out of KP)
Stun: 0
Phys: 4

Forgot also about his wound mod on the shot at Frank (Gnarf is saving the days with his rules knowledge and saving me tired lack of brain usage right now). TN 6. No successes.

** GM Frank Peretti **
In RP log.. add a little knick of Frank's last bullet into the pose.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf's action

** GM Frank Peretti **
Gnarf can hear plenty of gunshots going back/forth.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 3 (Quickness default plus 4 TN) vs TN 20 for "Soaking S Phys from fall.":
1 1 2 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Gnarf says, "That was to lower the TN. Now body vs. TN14-1/2impact."
«OOC» Frank Peretti says, "oh."

** GM Frank Peretti **
Above roll was to lower the TN (my mistake). now rolling the body vs damage

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 4 vs TN 14 for "Soaking 14S Phys from fall.":
2 2 5 9 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
Lt. Barnes (Rigger) (KP: 0/3)
Stun: 6
Phys: 6

** GM Frank Peretti **
Ingrid heaves with her feet and the chair tumbles backward as she falls hard on it.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 vs TN 4 for "Chair stay intact?":
3 = 0 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
The chair breaks apart.. Ingrid struggling with her bound hands and bits of chair going about randomly under her.

** GM Frank Peretti **
End of round.. inits again.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Initiative with a result of 7.
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 for "+4 Col Init":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 1 for "+4 Ingrid Init":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Initiative with a modifier of -3 with a result of 3.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Combat

Frank
Col JJ
Ingrid
Gnarf

Frank has lucked out so far.. may the odds ever be in his favor. He aims.. and squeezes the trigger as he winces at Ingrid's chair smashing.

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "Frank's shot (out of KP)":
1 1 4 4 5 5 7 8 11 11 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Frank Peretti (#5894) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Col JJ's soaking 9M+6 successes (out of KP)":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 9 = 4 Successes

** GM Frank Peretti **
9M + 2 successes -> Serious Phys (6 boxes)

Col. JJ (out of KP)
Stun: 0
Phys: 10

Frank's bullet slams hard into the center of the UCAS military officer's chest between a gap in the broken zipper.. a crunch of sternum cracking and a spray of blood and he goes back hard against the wall, spitting up blood and his eyes staring at Frank with a death gaze.

Ingrid struggles on the floor to disentangle and get her hands free.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Free RP

Frank takes a step forward about one pace away and puts a bullet into the Colonels head.. just to be sure.

Ingrid gets to her knees, a bit stunned, bloody/bruised eye and lip.

Gnarf readies his shotgun just in case. He texts Frank <What is up?> and searches the broken, dump shocked, hip dislocated Barnes. A knife is of primary interest, but the butt of the double barreled gun will make do when it comes to dealing terminal damage to this guy who is so dark his mass of ware and gear equal enough power he cannot be left to prosper and strike when motivated by military code.

Frank returns the email from inside « Shit.. I fucked up. I heard Ingrid in the next room and the plan went out of my head and I forgot to let you in. We're safe.. dead guy in the crawlspace, dead guy here in the back room on the left of the hallway if you come in the back door. I'll unlock the back door. what's up outside?»

Frank works to untie Ingrid's hands and after some hugging and her crying she gets her act together some and uses a Treat spell on herself to heal herself up. They hadn't done any massive damage to her.. mostly bruising and a cracked orbital lobe which she heals up. Still.. she's going to need to rest off the 'stun' injuries for the next few days.

Frank moves to the back door and unlocks it before he goes back to Ingrid and starts learning from her what he can and they check the bodies for loot, identification, etc, etc.

Gnarf sighs and focuses on the moving screen display in his steady arm then texts back <Let the dwarf fly and land. Search him now. He has some heavy cyber, that much is affirmed.> The shaman takes another few glances around and pats down the dwarf for something to end the guy's pain with, because he has no chance to mend the guy's wounds as things are right now.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Loot Find:

  • Rotodrone (LMG mounted, Standard ammo bin)
  • Rigger van

Drone rack
Doberman Drone
Duffle filled with Cash/cert credsticks (loot hall from their thieving)
Savior Medkit

  • On Rigger

Pocket knife
Light Pistol
Pocsec
Pack of cigarettes
Zippo lighter
No commlink (that's part of his RCD)
Rating 10 RCD, shit load of upgrades

  • Capt Pierce

Commlink (Currently in Frank's ear)
Desert Eagle .40 cal heavy pistol
Armored Jacket
Pocsec
Credstick
Missing military patch off jacket
Cougar Fineblade, Long

  • Col. Jessip Johnson

Desert Eagle .40 cal heavy pistol
Earbud commlink
Armored Jacket (fresh holes)
Credstick
Pocsec

** GM Frank Peretti **
The RCD is mounted on the dash of the van (can be quick-release removed).

** GM Frank Peretti **
Of course.. we can never get approved with a haul like that on loot.. so if you want any of that.. we need to figure out value.. the rest gets fenced by a fixer for cash and such and we get ripped off but are glad to be rid of the gear that can track us to these deaths.. something like that. :)

Gnarf stuffs some foil in the dwarf's mouth and crushes the hurting guy's windpipe with the butt of his rifle in half a dozen badly aimed strikes. Using a tiny pocket knife would be far too messy. Then it is looting time where he is sure not to touch anything not to challenge his will too much. Right after: three spell signatures need smudging and they need to leave fast.

After some time.. Frank and Ingrid come out the back dragging the Colonel.. pulling his body out towards the van.

When Ingrid first comes out of the back of the house with Frank.. the Raven (Wind spirit) CAWS!!! Loudly and flutters atop the pole.. and keeps a keen eye on her.

Gnarf says, "Wash out the blood when you can. You lady gets out the van on the way so we put some coveralls from a vendor on you." He managed to load up Barnes. "Anybody we missed? If not, I really need a burger and a soyshake now."

Frank nods to the plan, "We have to pull that guy from the crawlspace out the side and bring him… we'll be right back."

Frank and Ingrid head to the side alley, crawl under.. .and come back some minutes later dragging the last guy.

Indeed, Frank is a bloody mess.

Gnarf thumbs up to the spirit and tries to lessen his spell sigs for real in that time. It helps him keep his mind from a bag full of money.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) has the Contact Teeg with the following information:
-----> Contact for Gnarf (#9142) <-----
Contact Name: Teeg
Level: 1
Type: fixer
GM Note: Teeg, a human male, is something of a legend in the sprawl. He has been in the biz for ages going by street years. Gnarf knows him from a number of smalltime errands he ran for the well-connected man who gave him lodge building materials and a place to crash in turn. For queues: use typical fixer stats. Teeg has his own entry otherwise.
GM Note: Racism+0. Teeg is a pro through and through with a varied history of cultural exposure throughout his shadow days.


** GM Frank Peretti **
Spell Sigs cleaned.. van loaded with bodies in the back.. Gnarf gets to be the driver.
A stop Spike's Spokes chop shop (where Frank works - next to the Souk marketplace).. and Ingrid goes in and gets a pair of Frank's work overalls and locks up.. comes back out and gets into the van again.

Gnarf contacts his fixer to arrange for a meet in a warehouse where they agree on value for the van and all its contents.

Frank keeps the Cougar Fineblade, long.. but the other fancy gear he doesn't care about.. he's just glad he got Ingrid back safe and sound.

** GM Frank Peretti **
Going to submit for 30,000 Cash value and 3 karma plot.

«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery vs TN 9 for "Stunball 1 spellsig reduction.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls 6 vs TN 9 for "Forgot pool.":
1 2 2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 for "Drain of L.":
1 2 4 4 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 vs TN 9 for "Stunball 2 spellsig reduction.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 for "Drain of L again.":
2 2 2 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 vs TN 11 for "Levitate spellsig reduction.":
1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Gnarf (#9142) rolls Willpower vs TN 9 for "Drain of L again.":
2 3 3 4 9 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Gnarf says, "Dwarf shows up with ~7boxes at the meet."

«Plot» Frank Peretti says, "Of note.. Frank recovers his motorcycle."
------> Frank Peretti's PrP <------
Frank Peretti's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Fri Jun 17 06:20:31 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License