Finding Fell
GM: Adam
Players: Musara, Tactics
Synopsis: Musara and Tactics are hired to do an extraction in the Warzone. They run into some fire on the way in, getting to the target and dragging them back to safety.
Date: 12/12/2070

«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Alright— ground rules:

  • I need a +sheet/allow to Adam. You can decide not to, but it is going to make my life harder and you will miss IC situations that I could have just said 'Well according to skill x at y, you would ICly know…'. Your choice— but I respect your privacy and dont metagame.
  • Keep ALL OOC on the plot channel. The only thing in this window should be poses, +rolls, and PLOT comments. Keeps the log clean, keeps the IC/OOC seperation clear. If you have questions, please address them in the plot channel.
  • Meets are great RP. They also siphon up about 1-2 hours of time in a session and reduce the completion rate by a lot. I skip them and sum it up. I will give you an oppertunity to put your spin and interjections into them.
  • I keep sessions at aprox 4 hours. If you cannot commit that time right now, I need to know. On the same note, I expect you to be paying attention during the plot and if you AFK for 5+ minutes, your pose will be skipped. If you need to AFK, note it, else dont ninja please.
  • Consent: I require you to be consent. I am a 'Sandbox' GM, so I emulate an environment, Im not out to kill you. But if you get bad luck or do something stupid, you will need to reap it. Please PLOT a consent on if you consent on.
  • Objections: You can object to a ruling. Once. I'll look over it, and then after that decision, there will be no further arguement on it. The plot will progress."

«Plot» Musara says, "I consent to the Dice readings and GM"
«Plot» Tactics says, "I consent"

It is a late in the evening when a vidcall goes across the wire looking for immediate work. It will be extraction work— so your Fixers, Faces, and Friends informed you to come ready to the meet. If you accept, you'll be going right into the heart of the job.

The meet itself takes place in the Warrens— a dangerous and lawless zone of Denver. The Rez, otherwise known for being neutral territority among the gangs with a no/low violence agreement and the Quincy Reservoir, is where you are asked to go. A Converted 18-wheeler into a MASH triage is parked along the shoreline. Nearby a barrel fire is lit to keep squatters and a distinguished man in a blue-white robe warm. He motions a hand and explains the details. A team went into the Warzone and has not returned. You are being called to extract them— dead or alive. They have an AOD locator which will ping their location. It has not moved in over two hours.

The job pays well, boasting a 60,000 =Y= (thats for the team, not per person) payout upon delivery. It would require you to leave immediately.

Hopping out of a van, Tactics signals to the driver that he's clear. Taking a double shift of shadowrun work isn't normally recommended, but it's hard to turn down work when it's available. As Tactics heads towards the MASH truck in his full combat gear, Ares Alpha in hand, the van he came in drives off into the warrens.

Musara arrives off a few blocks from where the meet is held and walks the rest to the MASH. He kept himself ready as he rarely ever leaves the Asian District. He listens to detail of the job quickly replying afterwards with a question "Why were they in the Warzones, it might help us know what we need to look out for if they might be in some sort of danger"

"They were doing a delivery," Adam says as he sits with both hands folded on his lap. Looking to the man he notes, "The Warzone itself is an innate danger zone. They likely are in danger. You will be as well."

"Got a description for these three friends of yours?" Tactics asks. "Race, gender, callsign or name, and a general description should be all we'll need for identification." he adds, needing specifics for the job at hand to be successful.

"An incomplete listing, yes," Adam says as he looks over towards the other man, "The holder of your signal is a woman by the name of 'Fell'. She is your point woman— and looks like this." A hand motions and a Trid Phantasm of a tall brown-haired woman in merc gear is shown. The Illusion fades away. "The other two in her company we do not have callsigns for. They look like this." Another illusion appears to show a male ork and a male human— both looking the grizzly and streetwise sort.

Musara nods to the answers at hand and looks to Tactics then back to the J. "I'll be fine with rescuing your team" he stands and adjusts his gear ready to go

«Plot» Musara says, "If we are going I'll go ahead and put on my Ruth cloak with 2 scanners"
«Plot» AdamLOG nods. Noted.
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Stealth for "With Ruth+scanners +6?":
2 2 3 4 4 5 10
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Stealth for "+4 from camo":
5 5 5 5

Nodding, Tactics adjusts his gear. "Alright, I agree to the conditions of the contract. Lets go get your friends." he says, heading towards the door.

Adam nods his head once as he stands— as the team departs— as does he. Back to the workshop— to work on shopping, or shop for work— or those two words really dont work together.

Musara flings the ruth cloak around himself as he readies himself to sneak through the warzone to rescue the group of people. He makes sure to equip his weapons where he can access them easily and comes across comm to Tactics "Ready when you are"

"Alright, lets go. The name is Tactics, by the way.", the large man responds heading towards the warzone on foot at a brisk pace. "Got a plan for moving the bodies if worst comes to worst?" Tactics asks, seeing what the other Shadowrunner has in mind.

"The names Imakage" he says as they make their way there. "I suppose the best way to get them out is use them as a shield Back through the Warzone."

"That seems a bit.. Cold. But perhaps is for the best. I'll tell you what, how about you carry them, I cover you and draw fire, if necissary? Drag them in a staggered pattern out of the warzone, then the rest of the way back to the MASH truck one by one?" Tactics suggests, still making his way towards the warzone as stealthily as one can.

Musara shrugs still hidden "I guess so" comes across the comms as they get towards the WZ. "let's do this" he says.

As you approach the Warzone, the last known location from the AOD Signal locator shows that they are a few klicks inside. There are a few viable approaches. One of them involves going down the primary streets. This is easily the fastest route, but the open area makes it more of a danger. Another option involves going through back roads. This has the potential to be just as dangerous, but the alleyways would provide more of a subtle approach. The final option involves finding a maintenence access point to the abandoned subways and taking that for a majority of the trip. This is largely unknown, but viable.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Small Unit Tactics vs TN 4 for "SUT?":
1 4 11 = 2 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Tactics) AdamLOG says, "It goes without saying that the alley route will provide the most survivability of the options. But the return route will depend on the state of the extractionees."

"Imakage, I think we should head through the alley ways. This is too open for my taste, and I have more than a little experience in this sorta work. Keep where cover is available when possible, scan?" Tactics says over the comms. He starts heading towards the alley ways the navdat GPS suggests. Ever the trained professional, Tactics can't help checking around corners with his guncam before committing to any paths.

Musara comes back across with a reply "I think the Alleys might be our best bet as well" He follows behind tactics staying in the shadows keeping a lookout for anything or anyone that might compromise their mission

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 3 5
«Plot-Page» (To: Musara) AdamLOG says, "Nothing unusual."

The landscape changes drastically between the Rez and the Warzone. Cars are lined on their sides on the main street, making a rough barricade for vehicular traffic between the two areas. Gunfire can be heard constantly beyond along with the occasional explosion, and death kneels of vagrants.

"Alleys it is. I got point." Tactics responds, moving forward as quickly and quietly as he can, while still checking for combattants all the way. He checks his nav-dat at every turn, but after a while of doing this he simply connects it to his datajack and overlays it onto his image link.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 2 for "Dice of Partition":

Musara still follows behind keeping a lookout for anyone that happens to be around. He comes across the comm with a "right behind you" as he follows Tactics through the alleys.

The team enters the Warzone at a bad time. In truth there is never a 'good' time, but this time is particularly bad. A bunch of go-gangers are running towards the partition, escaping a hail of fire from another squad of biker that are spraying them down. The ones that get hit get an extra bonus of being bashed in the head with nailbats while theys stagger. There is no distinction in this zone between them and, well, the runners, as a salvo goes wildly their way.

«Plot» AdamLOG says, "No one seems to openly 'detect' your presense in the chaos, however you have suppression fire suddenly. You can attempt to dodge (roll away) or soak. Dodging is at TN 6, 4 successes. Soaking is 7M, 4 successes."
«Plot» Tactics says, "I'll opt to soak."
«Plot» Musara says, "Dodge"
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Roll em. You have full CP for this test."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "Soak":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 9 11 15 = 14 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3:
1 2 2 3 3 4 8 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls 5 vs TN 3 for "CP":
2 4 5 5 14 = 4 Successes
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Both fully soak."

Bullets tear through the streets as the runners make their way towards the alleys. The oncoming bullets splat against Musara and he withstands the blast preparing to dive his way into a earby alleyway to get out of the range of fire.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 5 5
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Athletics vs TN 4:
1 3 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Athletics vs TN 4 for "kp1":
1 2 2 3 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Musara says, "stand*"
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "@Both: Nothing to be noted about the fire— too chaotic to pinpoint anything."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Athletics vs TN 4 for "Run run Run!":
1 2 2 2 = 0 Successes

As Tactics heads across the street into the next alleyway, he takes some stray rounds from an LMG. Shrugging it off, his biomonitor informs him that no damage has been taken. Tracer rounds flying around him, he has no choice but to continue forward, making a mad dash to the alleyway.

Musara makes a dash for the alleyway after taking the bullets to try and get out of dodge.

With the chaos of the firefight going on and the uneven ground that they are running on, the runners are unable to mount a good dash towards the alleyway. The imperfection of battle gets the best of the situation and another salvo rips through the air to ping against the broken asphalt, metal, buildings, and a stray bullet or two on our hapless agents.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 2 for "Loveless Dice":
3 11
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Same test, but 2 successes at 7M now."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 9 vs TN 3 for "Soaking":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 10 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "Soak again. Silly whatever it is needs shot.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 9 11 15 = 11 Successes
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Soakage. You will make it into the alley after getting shot."

Musara dips into the alleyway only after taking a few more rounds. After checking for safety he would work on getting a dart prepped with Hyper and loaded for if and when he needed it. He'd then come across the comm "Man it sure is hectic.

Tactics is fast, but the shooters are faster. He takes another hit, still no wounds though, accourding to the biomonitor, but it hurts like hell no matter what it says. He makes it to the alleyway, catches a breather for a moment, and responds to Musara, "I couldn't even see what the frag was shooting at us. This place is worthy of the name afterall."

The alleyway is poorly lit, but provides ample cover for those suits to navigate with more safety through the Warzone. So far the alleyways are free of danger— but not the wonderful depiction of death and carnage as freshly dead bodies (and some not yet dead) lay on the grounds here.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 4 5 5
«Plot-Page» (To: Musara) AdamLOG says, "Nothing unusual."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 4 5 5

Moving down the alleyway, Tactics scans for hostiles, checking around corners with his guncam, the works. He's perhaps a bit too cautious, but he makes good time none the less. "I'm not seeing more hostiles. Lets keep moving." He says over the comms.

Musara starts working his way down the alleyway following Tactics. He's cautious as well and he nods "I don't notice anything either." He keeps his blowgun at handy just incase it is needed, as they wander looking for the group that was missing.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 2 for "Alleyway Dice":
2 2

Several minutes pass through the alleyway navigation. The sound of fighting continues outside the confines of the corridors. A team of warring go-gangers rush by several times but none enter where the runners are currently going. Already they are close to the signal— the building that the last known coordinates display is in sight. It looks to be an old townhouse— a three story rowhome that has seen better days. Windows are borded up and even some stray holes where the wall was blown out.

Approaching the building, Tactics signals for Musara to head around the other side. "Check for openings." he says over coms, as he starts to sweep the area.

Musara comes back across with a "You got it" as he starts looking for anywhere to get into the building. "I suppose if we have to we can break the boards off."

The building itself has no easy entrances. On the ground level there is a window and a door. Both have visible boards keeping them shut. The second floor, requiring some scaling, just has another boarded window.

"Think we'll need to knock a board or two out. Ground floor." Tactics says over the coms, finding no easy way in. "Meet you at the window I think, we'll breach and rush." he adds, heading over.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Whips (Kusarigama) vs TN 4 for "breakin down that barrier":
1 2 2 3 4 4 8 10 = 4 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Musara) AdamLOG says, "That will be enough to shatter the barrier into splinters."

Musara stops at the building drawing his kusarigama ball holding it at a short chain due to the narrow alley. He comes across the Comm "Don't worry about the barriers" He says as he swings the ball around his head tossing it at an arc and slamming it into the wooden barrier unblocking a passageway into the building

The door is unbarred— a gaping hole now. The area is silent— outside of gunfire, screaming, and explosions which makes it very unquiet.

Tactics moves in, clearing room by room as quickly as he can, absorbing all the information about his surroundings that he can. Ares Alpha at the ready, he's prepared to fire a flashbang at the first sign of enemies. "I'm gonna flash if I spot anyone, stay clear."

Musara follows behind Tactics, while placing his Kusarigama back to his side, just enough to be able to turn if he threw a flash bang. "Alright, let's keep a lookout for this delivery group" He watches closely for things around the room, and readies his blowgun for the just in case moments.

«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Tactics, Roll Reaction TN 4. Musa, TN 5."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Reaction vs TN 4:
1 1 1 1 4 4 5 5 7 7 8 9 10 16 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Reaction vs TN 5:
1 1 4 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 7 vs TN 2 for "Shotguns and Gunpowder":
1 2 2 2 4 4 5 = 6 Successes

As the team enters in, they notice that down the other edge of the hallway is a man laying back against the wall. He has a tripoded LMG in front of him with the iron cross aimed right towards the door. One hand is on the gun, the other is on his ribs.

«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Quick Int test, open."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 4 7 8 8
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Quickness:
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 9 10
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Intelligence:
3 3 3 8 22
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "You both recognize that this is one of the men you need to retrieve."
«Plot-Page» (To: Musara) AdamLOG says, "You notice he is clutching a bleeding wound. He is cornered, frightened, and probably not in a good state right now to be aiming a gun at you."
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Reaction order to this situation is: Tactics, GunMan, Musara."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Athletics vs TN 4:
1 2 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Negotiation:
1 1 5
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Negotiation for "kp 1":
2 4 5

Tactics sees the man behind the LMG is one of the targets, and opts to try negotiations before force. Diving for cover, but failing to find any, Tactics shouts, "Aquis sent us! Don't shoot!". All he can do is wait for a response and try to not look threatening.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 5 (Skill) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9 for "FA Spray. Gurgle":
1 1 1 2 2 4 9 10 11 15 = 4 Successes
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "12D Base blast. 4 successes to dodge at +2 TN. You have full CP +2 dice."
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls Body + 8 vs TN 2 for "Soak":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 9 13 = 15 Successes
«Plot» AdamLOG says, "Full Soak."

The man behind the gun doesn't comprehend the statement before he rips into Tactics. The trigger is pulled and a salvo of LMG fire rips down the hallway in his direction defensively.

Musara dives into the room and lets Tactics do the Talking since he already started but adds in "We are here to extract you" to the mix.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Negotiation default to eti. Please don't shoot us!":
1 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Musara (#730) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Negotiation default to eti. Please don't shoot us! KP1":
2 2 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Musara says, "Stand"

The man behind the LMG hears bits and peices through the LMG fire that rips through the hallway. The next shot is lined up when another gun comes around the corner at the end of the hallway where it splits into a T intersection. It is a big gun, probably a grenade launcher, as a female voice says, "Take another step and if the grenades and machinegun fire doesnt blow you up, the claymores will."
She waits for the room to get as quiet as can be expected in the Warzone. "Now. Who sent you?"

Musara calls out to the two "We were sent here by Aquis" is all he could say before being cut off with fear of being shot. He tries to hold his stance, but he doesn't take to well to his initiation into the city of Denver.

"If you have wounded, we'll try and help, but we need to get you out of here and to the rez as soon as possible." Tactics offers, trying to get across that he's a friendly. "Here, I'll put down my rifle, if you'd like." he adds, setting the ares alpha on the floor very slowly.

"Yeah?" the female voice says as she edges out from the corner with the GL aimed down the corridor. "Either of you a medic, then?" she asks.
"Yeah no shit," she says as she disappears back behind the corner. "Well if your the escort, lets get moving." The man taped to the LMG just groans.

Musara looks to the two of them "We were informed that there are three of you?" He states as a question. "We are supposed to extract all three of you"
"I have a medkit with me, not much use myself beyond what it tells me to do. Not sure about my partner here." Tactics offers, removing the medkit from it's place on his combat harness. "Am I clear to move forward and assist?" he asks, checking around the hallway for these claymores.

The woman returns with a satchel around her waist. "Yeah sure, come on in, make yourself at home, try not to die," she says as she looks over the man groaning on the floor with the machine gun. She looks to Musara and notes, "Well you are looking at two, and if your first aid kit has how-to-instructions to fix a gut wound go ahead. Else I ain't no doc, but I doubt he'll survive the trip." One of her hands, covered in blood, motions down past where the hallway splits, "Og is over there, but hes a meatsac. If you want to extract him, hope you brought a crane."
She looks at the floor, then at Tactics, "Ain't no claymores, love, little white lie from a girl that likes her pulse steady, scan?"

Musara works his way down to the others and sighs "So one didn't make it I'm guessing." He works his way over to where Og is and attempts to try and lift him, to see if it is possible to get him out of the warzone.

Tactics walks down the hallway with the medkit, opens it up and starts reading instructions and the like, having only done battlefield triage once or twice before.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 3 for "Medkit?":
1 10 11

Og is an ork— who looks like he taken a few dozen shots to the chest alone. He is slumped up against a wall in the other room with a trail of blood leading there indicating he was dragged. As for the other man, he doesnt look too cohesive during the first aid and has likely lost a lot of blood.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» Tactics (#6332) rolls 1 for "Magical Medkit has more supplies?":
5
Musara goes to slump OG over his shoulder the best he could, looks like it will be time to get a new set of wraps again. He works his way back to the main room with Og in hand "It's not traditional but I suppose it has to be done. At least he can recieve a proper ceremony" he says as he returns to Tactics and the other two.

The first aid completed and the ork in tow, the woman helps the downed gunner to his feet and lets him use her as support as they head out. Time to leave this place.

«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 2 for "Some Dice":
2 3
«Auto-Judge[TRUE]» AdamLOG (#1574) rolls 2 for "Some Dice":
3 11

Following a shot of adrenaline, some sutures, and a few fresh bandages, Tactics finishes off the dictated list of detailed instructions listed by the medkit by taping a bag of saline to the man's side. Giving the fallen machinegunner a hand, he asks "Sorry, I didn't catch your name. Can you walk?"

The way back through the alleyways is far less eventful than the way in. The downed man is not talkative— fading in an out during the trip. Constant firefighting is heard on the main streets, but none of it spills into trench or alley warfare during the brief stint. Making it out of the Warzone, they then make it to the MASH and the J, who puts the remaining live couriers in the MASH. The dead is to be handled later. The runners, paid.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License