Executive Protection
GM: Vera
Players: Vera, Tahlon, Nel.
Synopsis: This is a small PrP log where Vera talked to Tahlon and Nel about some of her ideas regarding the setting up of a run team, and an executive protection cover, an idea which has since been discarded. However, since her friends were SINless, Vera met them in the Warrens, badly injured. Not the best idea, especially when you're a hippy redheaded elf and you've got a couple old enemies from your arms dealing days!
Date: 11-18-74--

«Plot» Vera says, "Okay! This plot is has some danger but it should be a comparative cakewalk. Everyone cool with a little bit of risk?"

«Plot» Nel says, "No risk, no reward."

This small food stand around the corner near the Rez is actually a pretty common meeting spot, selling rat and street-grown zucchini on a stick for a taste of real food beyond the wildest dreams of an low-level wage-slave. Vera's leaning against the wall, enjoying a spicy zucchini stick. She munches from it, leaving her Gargoyles in place, her street clothes consisting of tough jeans and her armored synthleather jacket.

A closer look suggests that she's a little nervous, and that she's moving painfully, and perhaps, most shockingly, one of the sleeves of the jacket hangs oddly, clearly empty.

Nel stands near Vera, looking around suspiciously. She's gone a step or two beyond the catsuit she wears and donned her rather nice long coat, but then covered it and the catsuit with a a dirty, tattered cloak with a hoood she wasnt currently using, so her orange hair hangs freely along her back and over her shoulders. She, unlike Vera, is not eating at the moment. But that doesnt mean she hasnt.

Some people just never blend in. Tahlen is one of those people. When you tower multiple feet over most people in the crowd, and have fur, you might occasionally get a second glance or two. Tahlens hands are stuffed in his pockets, the behemoth of a longcoat drawn around his considerable girth. Perhaps it was coincidence, perhaps he'd been called here, but Tahlens deep red eyes light on Nel and Vera. He elevates a furred palm their way, and large steps carry him through the crowd. It parts like water for the intimidating male, most people not wasnting to risk shouldering the Minotaur.

Trolls and their variants are not exactly underrepresented in the Warrens, though, so there are other big guys, moving like siege towers among the others milling around, smiling as she sees Tahlon approaching. "Thanks for coming. Figured it might be nice to talk a little more about our setup," she says, a little surprised, in fact, jumping, even, as she sees Nel. "Whoah there, Thirty-Seven." She grins brightly. "Hey, nice job on the cloak. I'm sorry for being such a royal bitch to you yesterday. It was because I was worried," she explains, turning back to the minotaur. "So. I was hoping to discuss with both of you the details of what I've managed to set up," she says. "For a small fee of just five percent off the top, you'll have top level access to emergency services, and a private security cover with the new group I'm working on setting up, United Executive Contractors," she says. "Now now now. That don't mean we're going straight. This is a cover, and like any resource, it might be burned at any time. But a cover that lets you carry around your self-defense weapons, at least if they're not milspec, is a pretty karkin' good cover," she says.

Nel chuckles darkly as she startles Vera. "Yo." She then thumbs at her cloak. "Didnt have it on hand before. But Ill get my revenge sometime." Nel gives Vera a coy smile and looks over to Tahlon. "Yo, big guy." She gives him a V-sign with her fingers for some reason.
Tahlen stops in front of the two woman, using his considerable bulk to block them from casual observers while they talk. "Five percent off the top is not too steep." He seems pleased with the number, "Any cover is good cover. How many runners are you bringing into this?" He asks curiously. A bow of his head is given towards Nel, and her V-sign, as his own form of greeting.

Vera nods. "Not too many more," she says. "We're already approaching about a half dozen. There's no way we'd get over ten," she says. "The cover is something I'm working on and sort of my own contribution to the group, because I wish to see if this sort of association would work effectively," she says, looking around, ensuring there aren't nearby eavesdroppers, but this is an out of the way little niche in the Warrens and someone would have to have been following Vera's nearby Land Rover to know anyone was here. "But it's not like we get too much, since it's not too steep. It mostly gets us in the door. If we have to use medical services, that's five percent, for a safe pickup and consult. From the whole team, but…it makes sense if you think about it, they have to use the same equipment no matter what. But it's a beta grade clinic with magical healing support, and the prices aren't too bad."

"Hostile extraction would be another five percent. Legwork assistance, another five, plus costs. So it can add up if we need to have a run done for us, but if we're sparing and self-sufficient, the access is a very attractive proposition." She grins. "Furthermore, I have to say, it seems that many, if not all of our recruits so far have happened to be Awakened. This will certainly distinguish the team we're developing, and I've heard as well that finely forged team of mages can be unstoppable. Perhaps, in times, as we define ourselves things will happen along those line." She grins. "I do hope my sales pitch has had enough temptation and little enough cost to be attractive to the both of you, now that I've been able to properly lay things out." She nods to Tahlen. "We've got a relatively secure hideout here in the Warrens, but it's expensive. The other option, at least until we can set you up with an ID, is to just take a room for yourself at the Crank. You're a lot safer than me or 37 staying at a place like that, though." She grins. "I'm sure you can imagine."

Nel smirks at the Minotaur when he bows and reaches out to pat him on the head. No reason. Just does. "A group of maves could be tough, yeah, but only if they are any good. Not all awakened are going to be even reasonably competant mages or anything. Or so Ive heard.

The Minotaurs head jerks upwards as his eyes piercingly look at Nel when she 'pets' his head. He says nothing, and he straightens back up to his full height (clearly to protect his fur) without a word. When Vera describes the setup, his head bobs every so often to her words as she recounts prices and caveats. "It seems like a good proposition." He agrees, before a fist thuds lightly against his chest as he references himself, "Adept, as well. I have to say, it is going to be nice running with fellow Awakened." He rumbles. "I used to get a lot of gaff for bein' the only one not wired up the ass." He rolls his broad shoulders. "My living quarters are fine, for now. Once I get settled more and have income, I'll look into finding a proper room."

"Well," Vera says, shaking her head at Nel, "For goodness sakes, did no one ever teach you to keep your hands to yourself?" she asks a little incredulously. "Well. She is rather competent. On the first job I was with her on, she was as sneaky and effective as a panther," she says, nodding understandably. "Indeed. Well, that'll certainly save some of your own nuyen." She grins. "In any case, I was thinking…" She breaks off. "Hmm. It looks like we may have trouble." And trouble there is, it seems, as across the street there's a pair of very angry looking humanoids, short hair and suits, obvious cyberarms gleaming with chrome. Both of them wear balaclavas, and, perhaps a little on the intense side, AK-97s. They also wear tactical vests that bear the insignia of an eye with a teardrop. They seem to be hustling in the direction of the team very quickly…

One of them booms out, in a sort of electronicised voice, electronically red eyes gleaming from his balaclava as the rifles are both leveled. "Time to tie up those loose ends, bitch," he says, Vera's eyes widening as both of them approach, grunting in pain as she moves almost as quickly as usual as her reflexes activate, apparently still working even with only one arm. "Fuck. I'm a fucking goner," says the elf, as the throws herself suddenly behind the nearby foodcart, the proprieter having already wisely departed. She reaches for the Savalette Guardian under her jacket, but with her wounds, and only one arm, she knows that this isn't gonna go her way, not against two cybermonsters, even if they're a touch clunky, with AKs.

Nel smirks. "Bah… he doesn't look like the type to hurt me for showing affection…" She gives a very girlish dissmisal wave towards Tahlon, just before Vera informs them there will be trouble. "Ah! Well, I'll try to save you…" She reaches under her coat and cloak and pulls her sword out from behind her lower back. Apparently she wore it backwards to what is the norm. "I'll… er… We'll take care of them." Nel comments as she moves out in front of Tahlon.

Tahlen turns as Vera mentions trouble. His demeanor shifts subtly as his shoulders lift. A hand is moving inside of his long secure coat, and withdrawing from it his large metal bow. His gait is casual as he moves to stand… directly in front of the food-cart that Vera is currently diving behind. Left hand filled with bow, the right flies to his hip to draw out a long, slender arrow. Red fletching and loosely wrapped twine mark it to his touch, the casual motion nocking the arrow as swiftly as it is pulled up. There is no mistaking just whos side the Minotaur has taken, as his baleful eyes light on the pair of figures. He is already starting to draw back the bow as he booms out in a deep, carrying roar. "CHOOSE WISELY YOUR COURSE!" He snarls, rising to his full unslouched height. Despite the warning, he wears a wide grin of delight, and his normally muted red eyes are burning with the thrill of the fight. This was what he lived for.

With Vera behind the food cart, and Nel and Tahlon opening their coats and revealing their weapons - rather low tech, mind you, the two assault rifle armed cyberwarriors glance at each other and then back at the tall, slim girl and the huge minotaur that have stepped out to defend the redheaded elf, who's right now grimacing in pain as she grabs for her pistol, leaning against the sidewalk wall, her missing arm meaning that she can't get up as she reaches for her gun. They level their rifles and attack. "You remember Cairo, slitch. Your Scooby-Doo crew won't save ya!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Initiative with a result of 11.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
2 9
«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper A's init to 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
2 17

«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper B's init to 19.

«Plot» Vera says, "The two enemies are slow-walking up as they approach. It would take a Simple Action to Ready your Bow and then another Simple Action to fire it, ending your turn."

«Plot» Vera says, "Roll bows plus however many combat pool you want to add. TN is 5, since you are walking towards them."

«Plot» Vera says, "The guy sees a railroad tie launched at him and spends 4 of his 8 combat pool to dodge"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4:
1 2 4 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "He dodges!"

«Plot» Vera says, "Assuming that you will be easy prey, he fires 6 shots, full auto, to try to just immediately and casually kill you. He's still walking, so +1 TN for him. His base TN is 4, +1 for walking, +5 for 6 rounds of uncompensated recoil. Final TN, 10."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 + 4 vs TN 10 for "Using up all of his combat pool":
2 3 3 5 5 8 8 9 14 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 6:
1 2 4 9 = 1 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "However, it has only one success. That makes it a pretty easy dodge. Choose how many you want to use and…yeah! You got it. That's a fully successful dodge."

The first of the soldiers just casually opens up at the minotaur with the bow with his AK, assuming that the spray of bullets is going to hit him. However, the minotaur makes a surprising move, leaving the trooper quite surprised as his deadly spray of AK bullets hits nothing.

The second of the troopers, still advancing up, narrows his eyes, his AK on burst fire. He takes a shot at first Tahlon and then launches another burst at Nel, expecting that a little more controlled fire will do the trick.

«Plot» Vera says, "An 11S 3 round burst shot is fired at each of you. This guy's mean, he's using half his combat pool. (not all, he doesn't want to burn it and let Nel kill him)"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 + 2 vs TN 7 for "Attacker walking, burst shot, 2 combat pool, vs Tahlon, 11S, 5TN dodge":
1 1 1 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 + 2 vs TN 10 for "Attacker walking, burst shot, 2 combat pool, vs Nel, 11S, 5TN dodge":
1 3 4 4 4 8 11 = 1 Success

The minotaur soars an arrow through the space occupied by one of the guards, who manages to sidestep it. Tahlen returns the favor, a deceptively lazy and practiced sidestep that moves him out of the way of the incoming rounds. He is calmly reaching for another arrow when the second man fires his round at the minotaur. The big mans red eyes flit towards the attacker briefly, but the shot goes wide and leaves the hulk unmolested… for now.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls 7 vs TN 5:
1 2 4 4 5 5 5 = 3 Successes

Despite the best attempts of whatever goons are shooting at them, Nel goes unharmed. Good for her, perhaps. Instead of charging foolishly into a hail of bullets, she goes and hides behind some solid barrier or some such to stay safe.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
1 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
4 5

«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper A's init to 16.

«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper B's init to 14.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 5:
1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "combat pool, that arrow can't hurt me! dodge":
2 9 10 23 = 3 Successes

The first of the troopers as he manages to dodge the minotaur a second time walks up closer, trying to start to get Vera in line of sight. "Look, chummer. Stop bein' an idiot. Only the redhead slitch gotta die here," he says, glancing at Nel, and then the Troll. "So either of you wanna clear out now, you can," he says, both of the troopers leveling their weapons and holding them at both of you.

«Plot» Vera says, "Enemies are now stationary."

Nel, being given the choice to clear out and not die, prefers to stay hidden in cover where she knows she is safe for at least the current moment. She could leave, but it'd only do so much good, anyway. Despite that… she didn't really have a way to fight back.

Tahlons methodical advance forwards hasn't ended. Given the opportunity to clear out… it doesn't stop him. He is still moving forwards, methodically reaching for yet another arrow despite moving his girth closer and closer to point blank range with the two machine guns. No words come from him as reply, his steely red eyes still fixed on the rabbit thats dodged all incoming strikes so far.

«Plot» Vera says, "Okay. Nel is now out of line of sight. She could move with Stealth."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Initiative with a result of 18.
«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Initiative with a result of 13.
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
2 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 2:
2 4

«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper A's init to 15.
«Init Tracker» Vera (#11342) has set Zuna Trooper B's init to 11.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 1 1 3 3 4 5 27 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Brawling - 3 vs TN 4:
2 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 6 for "combat pool ~huge minotaur *gulp*":
1 2 3 5 5 5 8 9 10 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 6 vs TN 6 for "soaking 10M - 4 impact":
1 1 2 4 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "Zuna Trooper A steps back and tries to full auto the huge minotaur."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 12 for "full auto 6 bullets M wound":
1 1 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Vera says, "Zuna Trooper B sticks out two cyberspurs and tries to attack! He seems to have some sort of crazy martial art that negates reach!!!"

Have you heard a wolf howl? How about a bull roar? The Minotaur emits a terrifiying noise, lowering his head and barreling towards Zuna Trooper A, impaling him on those horns with a body-jarring thrust that knocks the man right back off the horns. As the full auto rounds spray wildly at Tahlen, people may begin to believe the tales of Troll Rages, because his eyes are sparkling with delight at this turn of events.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 + 2 vs TN 4 for "combat pool meleeing the big guy!":
3 3 4 7 9 11 11 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Brawling + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 3:
1 3 4 5 8 8 9 10 = 7 Successes

As the horns gore one of the soldiers, he steps back, launching a wild spray of full auto fire that goes wild again, while the other soldier grins. Perhaps unwisely, he drops his rifle and launches forward with a pair of cyberspurs shhhking out of his arms, surprise showing on his face as he is caught and most brutally gored by the ferociously powerful troll.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "soak vs horn":
3 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "guy's 1 karma":
4 5 7 9 13 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Vera says, "He soaks to L."

«Plot» Nel is going to charge forward, using Tahlon to LOS the badguys for stealth and charge in to slash them up or something.
«Plot» Vera says, "The spur guy or the gun guy?"
«Plot» Nel says, "Uh… I suppose the gun guy?"
«Plot» Vera says, "Roll stealth, and then an attack."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 5 for " intelligence vs nel's stealth "
1 1 1 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 5:
1 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) rolls Edged Weapons + 7 vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "Okay, the guy can't see you, so he can't spend any combat pool…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for " *gulp*":
3 3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for " *gulp* my one karma point!":
1 3 3 5 5 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Nel (#12842) has the Attribute Strength with the value '4 (6)'.

«Plot» Vera says, "STR+4S weapon, right?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "ohmagerd, no karma!":
1 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success

«Plot» Vera says, "Next initiative pass. Tahlon, you're up! Your combat pool is not yet refreshed."

It was apparently time to act. Nel, the slim and swift assassin that she is, darts from behind cover, using the massive minotaur's bulk to break line of sight with the enemy, meaning she closes in completely hidden from them. She bursts out from behind Tahlon, cloak whirling as she spins around, her blade lashing out like a viper. A thin line of blood floats through the air and lands on the ground nearby as it is released from the tip of her blade, which sliced neatly through one of the soldiers, chopping him from hip to armpit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Projectile Weapons vs TN 4:
2 3 4 4 4 7 = 4 Successes

«OOC» Tahlon says, "14M"

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 10 for "soak hahahaha, no karma":
2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Vera says, "When you loot the bodies, you find some basic certified credsticks on the bodies, plus some military-grade handheld radios. Tahlon, make a mercenary groups roll. The cyberware the guys have is clearly used many times over, ghouled and reghouled, and while it was effective in these guys, it's nearly worthless."

Backup arrived! Tahlen still has blood coursing down his face from the twin holes he'd left impaled in both men. As Nel cleaves down one, he swiftly draws back from the other, withdrawing a massive arrow, nocking, and launching it to smash clean into the skill of the remaining mercenary. This isn't a casual arrow to the face situation. This is a baseball bat with an arrowhead on it to the face. There isn't much face, or head left when its over. Tahlen draws another arrow, turning around slowly and checking rooftops, the crowd, and other vistas for threats or snipers.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Mercenary Groups:
2 3

Nel performs a fancy flourish with her sword and flicks any remaining blood onto the ground at her feet before sliding the blade back up into its scabbard on her back where it secures with a little click. "That wasn't so bad."

Tahlen finds nothing out of order, and he gives the body he'd shot a quick kick, eyeing the figure. He polices his missed arrows, tucking them back into the quiver as he looks over Nel. "You alright?" He'd seen her shot at, and wasn't sure if she'd gone to cover cause she got hit.

The enormous arrow spears the second of the two man, while the second bleeds out from his devastating wound in front of the two rescuers, Vera putting her pistol back into her jacket as she shimmies her way standing back up the wall. "For fuck's sake, I sure owe the both of you one," she says. "There's not a chance I'd have been able to stand up to those two, amateur as they were," she says, shaking off her adrenaline, though she can't shake off her pain. "Can you find anything on them?" She shakes her head, looking down at the two figures without recognition. A few gangers, curious about the possiblity of pickigns, start to be collecting. "We've…we've got to get out of here. Fast." She glances over to her Land Rover. "Check the bodies quick." She begins to get moving, a few of the gangers grinning as they see her painful, slow walk.

Nel scrounges through the bodies like she knows what she is doing, pilfering anything of value, particularly a number of radios. Once she has secured them, she runs off without word towards wherever they needed to go.

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Car for "+3 TN, horrible wound":
1 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Vera (#11342) rolls Car for "+3 TN, horrible wound ~karma!":
1 2 9

Tahlen kneels down near one of the bodies, and swiftly divests it of valuables. "Mercs." He mutters, shooting a look over towards Vera. "Wired to hell. Part of that group that does that. Beloved of… one of those egyptian dieties." He says with a roll of his broad shoulders. "Low end. Shit reghouled ware, not worth trying to salvage." He slips his bow back into his jacket, again looking around before he moves to Vera first, staring at the gangers pointedly. Bloodstained horned, bloodstained fur, and a slowly spreading grin.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tahlon (#10917) rolls Intimidation (Physical):
2 3 4 4 5

The gangers are rather held off by the sight of the massive minotaur, and Vera hops into the car, turning it around and moving rather slowly. They'd have been able to get in the way if it weren't for the halt, and Vera turns the Land Rover towards the Bastille. "Did they have anything interesting on them? What kind of mercs?" she asks, of Tahlon. "Low end but good stuff. With all the cheap ware out there, this had been bound to happen. One of these nasty groups starting to use throwaway soldiers or something," she says. "Well, in any case. I do owe the both of you. I'll take you to the Stille, Nel. Where to, on the way, Tahlon?" she asks.

Nel settles into the vehicle and hands off the stuff she looted to Vera. Didn't do her much good to keep it. "The bastille is fine for me. Thanks."

Tahlen grins to Vera. "Wherever you are going." He rumbles. "I've got some questions for you." He says levelly, letting her draw what those may be."

Vera nods. "Thanks, guys. These radios look pretty solid. I'll have them scrubbed by Les and sent back to you for future use," she says, with a grin. "All right, so pushy!" she replies to Tahlon, who's taking up much of the backseat. She moves to head to the Bastille, to let Nel out quickly, before she nods to the minotaur. "Unless you've got a nice SIN I don't know about, or a way across the border," she says, a little uncertainly…

The blackfurred minotaur rumbles a soft chuckle. "No SIN." He shrugs, "Never worked in an area where I needed one. Tended to stick to the fringe." He glances over at her. "What did they mean 'You remember Cairo?'" Yeah, he'd caught that even in the fray. "You knew these men, or those that hired them, don't you?"

Vera nods. "I've got no idea who those men are," she says, driving quietly, thinking for a moment. "But I do remember Cairo," she says, clenching her jaw, then looking up at the Minotaur. "I do remember Cairo."

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License