Corporate Rumor Mill

GM: Dorian
Players: Dorian, Elena, Hiller
Synopsis: Following up on a previous job, a Johnson hires a small group in order to use them as a decoy to sniff out a potential mole in their corporate ranks.
Date: 17/05/71


It's a cloudy wednesday afternoon in Denver, the weather is chilly out but thankfully it isn't raining for once. A call is sent out to the runners about a meet happening in the Authentic Coffee Shop, a nice cafe in the Double A rated zone where corporate types and executives meet up for lunch or other occassions. Obviously the contacts can't stress enough how important it is to show up weaponless as the place is most likely rigged with high security and a MAD detector. Another interesting note about the shop is that they actually sell real coffee for those who can afford it, of course they have a wide selection of soykaff blends to go along with their more pricey stuff for the wageslaves who just can't afford it.

The coffee shop is a bit crowdy as expected of the hour, people coming in and out after purchasing their lunch and drink where as a select few remain seated in random spots. Seated in the back sits a man dressed in a highly fashionable dark blue dress suit, complete with a tie and short croppsed hair spiking up with a bit of gel. He seems to be enjoying a cup of authentic coffee, and the company of a similarly dressed elf in a black suit and a matching fedora atop of his head. Those who have seen this elf before will recognize him as Scarface Dorian, and he is currently seated across the table where two more vacant chairs await the arrival of two others for a meeting.

Elena is never using weapons which any contact contacting Elena should know, so the heavy emphasis estranges the young witch a bit. When the connection on her phone is dropped she dresses in her armor underneath her robes and walks into the area like that. Arriving at the cafe, she will move to meet the two men at the table greeting the man with his coffee with the words, "Mr. Johnson I suppose?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Also to get this out of the way, this plot will be running with Consent On, my intention is not to kill you of course, and you probably won't die, but as always in character actions have in character consequences. If you agree, consent in plot. And on another note, as Dorian will be in on this run, he'll be running in Companion Mode. He won't make any decision except one to save his own ass should it be needed, but he is available for opinions and ideas should he be asked for it."

«Plot» Elena consent with anything, as long as it is in agreement with theme.

The Johnson nods to Elena, gesturing towards one of the two vacant chairs across the table by Dorian. "You presume well, have a seat, we're expecting another. In the mean time feel free to get yourself something to eat or drink, it will be on my tab, so long as you don't abuse with your order." He speaks with a charming enough voice with a matching pleasant smile on his lips.

Hiller jumps into her car and leaves the Warrens, heading to the appointed place. Her ivory white Honda sports car is suitable for downtown double A. And her business suit as well, hopefully. Weapons and other weird stuff is left in the car when she arrives in the closer vicinity. Roughly half an hour in advance. 'Hm, a real coffee shop, ok,' Hiller thinks to herself and adjusts her collar and waistbands. She's not really /born/ into such dresses, but it'll work. Only her short-cut dark red hair and sunglasses may set her a bit apart from regular frequenters. When the time has come, Hiller (known as Orange on the street) enters the shop and heads toward the described contact. She's relaxed and professional, though she's still learning to dance on high-scale floors. But well, let's see what it is all about anyway. She approaches the man with the tie first, then the elf and Elena and offers an old fashioned handshake. "Sir. We've got an appointment." Elena and her robes receive a more intense observation.

Elena shrugs and orders a simple coffee, not even the real thing, merely a good soycaf. She then sips on her drink waiting for the other expected person.

«Plot» Hiller says, "Yes, consent."

Dorian is already enjoying a basic bottle of water, most likely already having had his dose of caffine beforehand. He does spare a nod to Elena who seems to be one of the runners he'll be rolling with after the meet is over. As Hiller approaches, another nod goes her way, but in general he remains silent for now.

The Johnson returns the shake Hiller offers. "That we do, have a seat, Miss." Once the shake is over, the Johnson leans over to the side towards the large briefcase at his feet where he flicks on a switch. Those who have the hearing for it will immediately recognize a White Noise Generator being turned on in order to mask the following conversation to be had. "Glad you could all make it. My name is Mr. Johnson, some know me by another name.." He gestures to the scar faced Elf. "..but for you two, Mr. Johnson will suffice. I have a job for you three. About a week ago, my elf associate here and a group were asked to retrieve a stolen car containing some critical cargo for us. They were successful in their task, however today we have set into motion a plan to sniff out the mole within our ranks that tipped off the rival Corp into hiring a group of thieves to jack it."

Elena nods, "Well, I assume that means some investigative work?", she asks. She seems interested but for now still a bit reserved. "What are we dealing with here?"

Mr. Johnson pauses to take a sip of his coffee, a slight mmm coming from him as he savors the cup. "The investigation will be dealt with on our side. We have hired two other groups similar to yours with the same task. Each department only have the knowledge of one of the groups, so whichever group is struck will allow us to narrow down our searches and find the mole. Your task is rather simple, we will provide you with a car which you drive through the planned course, and should it be intercepted by a rival group, defend yourselves and your false cargo, and you will be going home fifteen thousand nuyen richer."

Hiller leans back and puts her right hand beneath her chin. "Expected opposition, Sir?"

The Johnson's blues shift over to Hiller. "They will probably send a small group to intercept the car. We know they don't use automatic weapons as to not get the Star's eye on them. Four or five at most." He reaches into his pocket to retrieve a brown enveloppe which he slides across the table to their side. "In there you will have the location of your car. As well as temporary Ares Macrotechnologies Security SINs. These are fakes, mind you, but very good fakes. They have been active since 10 AM today, and will become inactive at 9PM tonight."

Hiller nods and opens the envelope with two fingers of her left hand, only a few inches. After a brief check, she looks to Dorian and Elena.

Elena ponders that, then says, "Well… As long as it's not required to kill them, I am in. I do not kill people."

Dorian takes a sip of his water, having been listening to the whole conversation this whole time and making mental notes. "Sure I'm in." He finally says, sparing a glance towards the enveloppe as Hiller parts it before looking back to 'Mr. Johnson'. "I owe you a few anyways."

"One more question so far. Where does the expected route lead through?" Hiller asks, but seems to agree as well so far.

The Johnson nods to Elena. "Killing them is not required, but defending yourselves might be should your car be struck. Just keep in mind they might not spare the same thoughts as to keeping your three alive. They only expect the car to have a single driver, and no resistance within it." He then looks back to Hiller. "You are to drive the car to Ares Macrotechnologies where only the driver must exit the car in order to pick up a briefcase containing the bogus cargo. As for the other two, the windows are limosine tinted as are all our cars, so as long as you stay inside the car, you will not be known. Once you have your cargo, your nagivator will lead you down through the B zone's industrial area. You will cross the checkpoint into the CAS district, keeping to the B zone industrials, and finally make your way up to one of our other Ares buidling."

Elena ponders that, then asks, "Can we look out? As a mage a not too uncommon concern."

The Johnson nods to Elena. "We have provided you with a Registered Awakened SIN, so you may use your powers as need be. Looking out windows with your astral eyes should not be a problem, and I know my elf friend here may have some pretty looking blue eyes, but they're fake and loaded with various spectrums, so some windows shouldn't be a problem for you both."

Elena tilts her head. "You are aware, that while looking through a window astrally is no problem. Slinging spells through them when they are tinted is…?"

The Johnson nods. "Quite aware, however if your car is intercepted, the point to remain hidden will become moot. You can make yourselves known."

Hiller makes another mental note on Mr. Johnson's remark about "one of our other Ares buildings" but stays silent. She's worked for Ares before. In fact, she's already concerned about shifting into some kind of serious employment relationship. - Anyway, she shifts her attention back to the ongoing conversation and quickly catches up with the arcane issue. "Are we supposed to identify any aggressor or may we just retreat when opposition arrives? And… Do we have any hints about signatures, used vehicles or frequencies?"

The Johnson looks back to Hiller. "Should your car be the targeted one, what you do to defend yourselves is up to you. We have no need for the identities of some ragtag group hired by another Corp. If they fail their job, they fail their job, and will just go onto another one."

"Alright, Sir," Hiller nods. "I'm in."

The Johnson finishes his cup of coffee and leans over to pick up the large briefcase which he sits atop the table. "If you have no further questions, then I will be on my way. You have one hour to get ready, after which you are expected to be at Ares Macrotechnologies at precisely 2:30pm. The elf has my contact information should anything be required."

Elena nods, "Okay, then…"

The Johnson nods to the group and flicks off the switch of his WNG briefcase, "Have a pleasant afternoon." He says with his usual smile before picking up his case and making his way out of the coffee shop where a Rolls Royce Phaeton limosine awaits him. He makes his way into it and the limo drives on off leaving the group to themselves in the coffee shop, among all the other customers.

Hiller picks up the envelope and speaks to Elena and Dorian, "Well, I'm Orange, your driver, I guess. I've a ride outside and we should go at once. I wanna have some time to check the operational vehicle through for some basics."

Dorian looks to the other two he's to be working with before nudging his head to the door. "How about we go check up on the car and see if it's there, and maybe discuss this away from prying ears."

Elena nods, "Well, I am Pokey.", she then says, then rises with a nod to Dorians words. "All of you got a radio?", she the asks on the way to the car, placing her subvocal mick on her throat.

In her head, Hiller already prepares some detailed map data for her headware orientation system and GPS. At least, the co-driver wouldn't have to mess around with maps. She'll add as many cursors and route details as possible, as soon as she receives them. "Yes, I've a radio at hand. Encrypted if necessary."

Dorian rises as well. "Dorian." He doesn't fancy using a little nickname and just goes with one of his many fake names instead. Scarface was a nickname that was given to him, rather than one he claimed on his own. "140.15" He mentions at the talk about radio, his own subvocal mic already hidden in the collar of his dress jacket. He makes sure to pick up the enveloppe and fish out his SIN and check out the location of the car. "I'll meet you two at the car." He hands the enveloppe to whoever wanted it.

Unless Elena needs a ride, Hiller would part at this point and head toward the limousine's location as well.

Elena sets her radio to the frequency and lets the radios deal out the crypt sync. She finally enters the car. "I'll accompany the can on the astral and will conjure up an air elemental. So you guys do not wonder why I am 'asleep'."
And yes, she needs a ride.

Dorian splits with the group once they're in the street, going the opposite direction as to not be seen lingering with the two after a meet with a corporate type. He'll make his way towards where his car is parked and will proceed towards the location of their future ride.

The location of their car is not too far from the meeting they jsut had. It sits on the second level of a parking area a few blocks away, and whenever the group gets there, they will be greeted by a black BMW GHT-50 Luxury Turbo model, complete with tinted windows as the Johnson promised. It sits alone near the back of the parking area.

Hiller and Elena drive to the designated spot then. "You know, I've had some experiences with mages aboard before. Just tell me what you're going to do, /before/ you do it. Especially, if it effects my car," Hiller says while on their way.

Elena nods, "No worry. I'll do nothing like that. My plan is to confuse them with the help of that spirit.", she says. "Maybe confront them with an accident of sorts. Not sure what the spirit would do, though… They are quite … Individial in that aspect…"

Dorian will pull up further down in the parking garage, his white nondescrip americar is one of his many joyrides, and one he doesn't really care much about leaving alone in a parking area for a long period of time. Not to mention the rated zone made car theft very unlikely. Making his way out of the car, the elf opens up his trunk and retrieves a black duffle bag which he slings over a shoulder before closing up the trunk and locking his car up. Once ready, he begins a casual approach towards the BMW.

"Gimme 10 to 12 minutes for some routine checks." Hiller says with a smirk to Dorian and Elena. "But make yourself comfortable." And that's exactly what she does. If the car is rigged, she runs sensor and system checks. Especially for everything that's not part of the GHT50 LT model. Fancy add ons or whatever. What follows next is a brief manual check, including floor panel and engine bay. Last thing is passenger protection. Just the standards or anything more elaborated like crash cage, roll bars, advanced seatbelts or personal armor?

Given the pricey nature of the car, the Corp didn't provide any extra features on the car should something bad happen to it. Not to mention they have two other similar models running some routes as well.

Elena nods, "Dearly. I'll meanwhile conjure a friend from the spiritual realm."

Though she still wears a business suit, Hiller doesnt hesitate to lay down on the concrete or to reach into the engine bay. Her jacket is placed on the back seat, though. "Hm, quiet the standard model. Should be fine. It's a damn 100,000 nuyen car. We better take care of it. I guess someone would appreciate it." Is her final conclusion.

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Conjuring vs TN 6 for "Conjuring a Rtg 5 Wind Nature Spirit.":
1 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Conjuring - 1 (successes) vs TN 6 for "Conjuring a Rtg 5 Wind Nature Spirit. +1 bg(KP:1)":
3 3 5 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Conjuring - 2 (successes) vs TN 6 for "Conjuring a Rtg 5 Wind Nature Spirit. +1 bg(KP:3)":
3 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

Dorian gets in the back of the car and unzips the duffle bag to pull out first a katana which he leans against the back seat of the passenger side, and since they have Security SINs, he doesn't seem to bother with pulling out an Ares Alpha assault rifle model, modded out beyond relief which he sets by the katana. He slips out of his dress coat and shirt, slipping a secure jacket over his FFBA he was wearing beneath. He then straps an Ares Predator III onto his thigh.

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Willpower vs TN 5 for "Resisting 5M Drain":
1 2 2 4 8 11 = 2 Successes

Elena's face will be covered in the mask of her totem quite clearly as she calls out, "* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ***" She then gives a soft moan as she gets hit by the price of the astral, while a small dust devil manifests beside her. (Latin)
«OOC» Elena says, "Dwellers of the air. I am in need of assistance. I ask one of you to come forth and help this humble servant of the Mother. I beseech you to follow my summons. " For the log."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Alright Elena is at L drain, Car checks out okay. It's nearing time to drive up to Ares. Make your final preparations and get rollin'"

Hiller's personal equipment is a heavy pistol with standard ammo, some electronic stuff like radio, encryption, scanner. And a set of industrious line armor. Especially manufactured for pilots and drivers. But since she's supposed to step out of the car, she'll not put it on for now. She stays with her business dress. No need to upset any possible onlookers. All in all, she's doing her thing disciplined and with routine. Elena receives some special glances again. Conjuration is always a weird thing. Dorian and Elena may be aware that Hiller accepts arcane support but is no doubt suspicious about it. "Since this little BMW baby isn't a hell of a sensor package, I'll have to rely on your visual identifications as well. Talk to me, both of you." she asks. "And I'll connect my notebook to the car's sensory output. You'll have the chance to follow our route and possible identified suspicious or hostile objects on the folding screen. As long as we're in the car and driving, I would appreciate to be in charge. The moment one of you steps out of it, I would like to have the one of you with tactical and or combat experience taking the lead. Is that acceptable?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "It's currently 1:45pm, they're to be at Ares at 2:30pm, which is 30 minutes away without traffic."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) has the Cyberware Orientation System with the following information:
----> Cyberware Item for Hiller (#10245) <-----
Item Name: Orientation System
Type: ALPHA
Essence: 0.2
Installed: Yes


«OOC» Dorian says, "The entire B zones in the industrial areas they will be driving through are potential ambush locations. Since the Star/Knight only drives by once in a while and the place is only guarded with panic buttons and some cameras."

«OOC» Hiller says, "WIll use the orientation system for tactical advantage as well, if possible by your judgement"

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "healing stun damage base time 60 minutes":
3 3 4 4 5 15 = 6 Successes

«OOC» Elena says, "A few minutes later Elena is as good as new"

«Plot» Dorian says, "So, you are free to post driving up to Ares."

After all preparations are done, the hardware is checked and the slightly fatigued/stunned Elena has finished her magical preparations as well, Hiller urges to get aboard. Talking can be done on the way. So, she drives the car to Ares Macrotechnology, main entrance north on Colfax. She knows the route quiet well. Not the first time she approaches Ares since the last few weeks. With Autonav, GPS, Sensor and Orientation system, it should be possible to find an efficient route past possible traffic jams.

Hiller takes her time. /Exactly 2:30 PM/ was the word. And she would like to give Elena the time necessary for recovery.

Elena will rest a bit in the car, then when she feels rested she says, "I'll now start the astral patrol…" With that her body gets limp as her essence leaves her body. She moves through the roof and accompanies the car floating with the spirit above it.

Dorian will remain in the back, silent as always. The only sounds he makes are those of popping out the clips of his weapons and checking them briefly before slipping them back in and lock-n-loading. Unlike Elena's non lethal tactic, this elf seems to be ready to kill anything that shoots at them.

The drive to Ares is smooth, not many traffic jams to avoid as the lunch hour is over with. As they pull up, the front gates will be opened for them and the guards on standy will wave them in, as they are expected. They will be guided to the front door where they are most likely expected to stop and for the driver to go in to retrieve their briefcase containing the goods. It might be wise at this point for the other two passengers to make themselves unknown. Floating around on the astral with an air spirit might get the attention of the awakened who work at the Corp.

Elena will disappear into the car during that period, just to reappear after the car left the yard.

The car itself is a heavy sedan limousine. Four doors, one trunk and four seats. Enough cargo space for 350 kg of weight left. It is the luxury variant of one of BMW's finest. A fitful ride to big Ares. Hiller jumps out of the VCR the moment the guards signal to stop. She unstraps the seatbelts and wristbands and opens the driver door without further hesitation. A rather small woman in business suit, an overdosed car. Corp business. She heads to the security booth next to the car. "Greetings, Sir. Need a package to be shipped?"

The guard nods to her, reaching down to pick up a large and thick briefcase that looks sturdy enough to knock a man out if swung behind his head, and heavy enough to be a bit of a hassle to carry for those without the physique for it. The sad thing is, Hiller knows that whatever is in there is bogus and not worth anything. Infact the briefcase might be worth more.

Hiller signs the usual paper with the worst kind of signature ever - it is Ares after all, there /must/ be a paper for partially-legal fake transports! Then she hauls the briefcase to the trunk. No reason the open one of the doors. After a sloppy salute to the guards she enters the car again and prepares for the next part of this voyage. Unless someone sais anything, she keeps silent and puts on her protection helmet, as well as the armored coverall. Quickly over the business suit. After two minutes, she's ready to go.

Their first route will lead them down towards the B zone in a direct line, the high rated neighborhood slowly begins turning into a commercial area with various malls and stores located left and right of the road, and a little shorter drive after that, they begin entering the more industrial area of the zone where malls and small businesses are being traded off for factories, warehouses and workshops in longer distances apart from eachother.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Perception roll, por favor."

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Intelligence for "What do I see?":
1 2 3 4 4 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Intelligence for "Hiller passive sensor":
1 1 2 3 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Intelligence for "Vision Mag 3, Thermo, Low-light, Amplified Hearing, Select Sound Filter 2":
2 2 3 3 3 4 5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls 1 for "Hiller active sensor":
5

"Bulldog behind us.. Been following us for a while." Dorian mentions, keeping his view of the rear via the passenger's side mirror. The elf brings his assault rifle closer at hand, just incase.

Elena notices something on the astral and keeps an eye on it, but so far no attack is taking place. Could be coincidence but then could not… She is not too experienced in this game but stays wary.

The moment Dorian identifies the bulldog as suspicious, Hiller designates it via the vehicle's sensors and records the signature as far as received by the BMW. And it is marked on the flatscreen of Hiller's notebook as well, offering an idea of the upcoming route to Dorian.

"Could be anything though, it's keeping far enough back. It's not speeding up or anything, I'll keep an eye on it though." Dorian keeps his eyes locked onto the mirror, his hand gripping around the Ares Alpha as the induction pad within his palm links the gun up with his Smarlinked brain.

As soon as possible, Hiller would like to estimate if the GMV Bulldog is a security variant. Less signature could be reckognizable. "Check. I'll have an eye on it."

The Bulldog is the simple civilian model, but after a few more miles of driving through the B zone, it takes a turn and dissapears into a street they passed. It may have to do with the fact that they are approaching the checkpoint into their next zone, or simply because it was just heading there to begin with. Perhaps they'll never know. However the towering checkpoint, the small lines of traffic waiting to pass through and the various lanes to borrow to follow through are coming up ahead. Time to cross your fingers into hoping that the security SINs Ares provided you with will slot through and work without a hassle.

Until now, the BMW drives steady and by the numbers. Appropriate speed, just a little bit above speed limit. Hiller would try to predict the GMC's course as far as possible on GPS map, though this sensory system is far below military grade. The moment the checkpoint appears, she slows down and jumps out of VCR. Her helmet is pulled off and she takes a glance to the back seat. SIN ready at hand. "So far, so good."

"Easy money. Oiy, sleeping beauty, wake up, time to slot some SINs." The elf mentions towards Elena's limp body, poking her shoulder softly enough. He fishes out his sin and rolls down the window in order to slot it on the passenger side's SIN check, once the car pulls up to the gates stopping it from proceeding through.

Elena simply floats beside the van keeping an eye on that Bulldog too. Her spirit beside her. But as so far no unfriendly move is obvious, she does to no move.

"Hmm, what's my name, by the way," Hiller can't help but jokes as she waits in line. She prepares to offer Elena's chip as well, should she unable to do so.

At the Checkpoint Elena will however return to her body to barely feel the poke as she 'wakes'. She has to orient herself a bit form the change, then shows her SIN to the Checkpoint personel.

As the group slot their SINs into the machines, the gate does not open. It remains close. Now they're stuck inbetween it and the cars waiting in line behind them. However, a bit to the side, the guard booth opens up and out comes two security guards walking towards the BMW. They're armed and armored beyond relief as expected of them, and they approach the car at a steady pace.

Elena looks up at that, then asks the officer with them, "Any problems, sir?" But she focusses one of the officers, just to be on the save side.

Dorian lowers the assault rifle back to the floor, so he doesn't look like the type of guy ready to blaze the guards on their approach. He doesn't say anything, but he doesn't seem to nervous about their current situation. The elf has a knack for keeping it cool on the surface.

Hiller says "We got a special treatment maybe. Careful," Hiller jumps back into VCR while the security guys approach. But she enters Captain's chair mode. She just wanna keep in touch with the car and the sensory system."

One of the guards rests a hand atop of the car's roof, leaning down to the driver side's window and peering into the car at the group. "Afternoon folks. Are you carrying anything or any bounty worth over One hundred thousand nuyen today?" The second guard seems to be peering in the car as well, though through the back windows.

"Afternoon, Sir. Nothing to declare, no." Hiller keeps it brief.

Elena smiles at the question and giggling replies, "I only carry the clothed on my body, sir. I doubt those would fetch sucha fancy price.", she says with a little blush. "I am not really a rich person."

"Just some guns and a few blades. Nothing exceeding the one hundred thousand." Dorian adds, nodding to the guard.

The guard leaning over nods and peers one last time in the car, looking around before giving a pat on the roof. "Alright, proceed." He leans off of it and slots a magkey through the machine which overrides the waiting status on the gate and causes it to open. Once the gate opens up, the two guards make their way back towards their booth as casually as they approached the car.

«Plot» Hiller says, "Is there any chance that an observer could suggest from the guard's behaviour that we're not only one but three in our BMW?"

Hiller takes control of the vehicle again and proceeds through the checkpoint..

«Plot» Dorian says, "It's possible that an observer could see three folks in the BMW due to open windows for slotting some SINs, so if the hired group to intercept was indeed on your case and at the checkpoint, they might know."

Once the checkpoint is clear, the nav guides them back along towards the industrial area of the CAS district. Dorian is familiar with this area as not far from here is where he and the other group retrieved the stolen car the Johnson was talking about. It borderlines the C zone, as the buildings here are not in that much of a good shape, and most factories look inactive.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Another preception roll, por favor. Please specify if you're looking at the rear, or at the front."

"Alright, CAS sector. Estimated time of arrival minus five seven minutes." The BMW continues through the remote and vast industry area.

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Intelligence for "Hiller passive sensors, 360 usually. Otherwise front":
1 3 3 4 5 5

«Plot» Dorian says, "In Hiller's case, sensory is pretty much all around. But for Dorian and Elena, rear or front."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls 1 for "Hiller active sensors, 160 front":
9

«Plot» Elena says, "Front"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Intelligence for "Vison Mag 3, Thermo, Low-Light, Hearing Amp, Select Sound Filter 2, looking towards the Rear.":
1 1 3 3 5 5 5 5

After passing the post Elena will go astral again and follow the van there.

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Intelligence for "Looking forward currently":
3 3 3 3 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Intelligence for "Looking forward currently (KP:4)":
1 2 3 3 5 22

«Plot» Dorian says, "Does Elena have any security systems skills?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "I'll take Electronics too."

«OOC» Elena says, "No"

Hiller drives the BMW Luxury Turbo at at 80 mph at the moment, supposed the streets are open.

Elena dives into the van and manifests there, "Some tripwires ahead…", she mutters out as soon as she can. "No idea what this is looks like a kind of trap, but I am not versed in this kind of devices."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Ok, I need a brief description of the surrounding area."

«Plot» Hiller says, "30 meters is tough, there's a hard decision to be made."

«Plot» Dorian says, "The group is on a long stretched street, the only turning chance before the tripwire they already passed a few minutes ago. Place is decked with warehouses, factories and the sort left and right, and there's even one that's burned down to the ground a little further ahead. This place is also BG 2 for the Awakened, as the burned warehouse was site to a slaughterfest."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Other vehicles in range/visible?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Nothing your perception rolls picked up in the front."

«Plot» Dorian says, "With Elena's 22, defiantely nothing in the front."

Hiller curses. She's reckognized something as well. And tripwire means throwing a coin. Her decision is to make a brake action and reduce speed rating to 40 (currently roughly 100). That's a /hard/ braking, just barely away from a crash. But a speed rating of 40 would be save enough for non-VCR operation. Then she would like to jump out of VCR, just for the case the system is targeting VCR, for ASIST shock. So her plan is: "Get sharp! We're ambushed!" - then a braking action, then out of VCR.

«Plot» Hiller says, "Unless you judge that a complete stop is possible."

«Plot» Hiller says, "I would risk the crash test then and try that. Your decision."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Complete stop is possible with some sverving action to avoid tipping the car and stopping before the trip system."

Hiller swears again, silently, and decides for the full stop. Open street, no vehicle, that means a possible get away. Who knows, what the wire brings. So she's doing a full stop.

«Plot» Hiller says, "First a braking action with at least 7 successes, then a crash test^^"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 + 2 (autonav) vs TN 3 for "2 Handling + 4 for damn hard stop +1 restricted terrain -4 VCR":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Karma pool"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 + 2 (autonav) - 5 vs TN 3 for "2 Handling + 4 for damn hard stop +1 restricted terrain -4 VCR":
1 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Stop would be possible. Now crash test"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 + 2 (autonav) vs TN 2 for "2 Handling + 2 for initial speed +2 restricted terrain -4 VCR":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 10 22 = 7 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Oh, if you say +4 for hard circumstances, crash test would be 2 successes."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Still solved though. Is that ok with you, Dorian?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Car is able to safely stop before the trip system, and without crashing."

Elena smiles and says, "Good job…", then she floats back out to see whether the strange follower is still there and whether there is a move from that side now."
She got invisible again of course.

A damn hard braking forces the heavy vehicle into the only meneauver possible within this distance: a harsh u-turn. The wheels scream and rubber burns on hot concrete. And only one yard away from the trapwire system, the BMW comes to a complete stop. Engine howling, and Hiller's pulse is somewhere beyond 160.

Since Dorian was a bit oblivious to what was going on in the rear, given he's using that small rear view side mirror and his attention mostly drawn back up front with the mention of a tripwire system, it leaves one side of the vehicle blindsided and the Bulldog from before is approaching the vehicle unknowingly. It might have a library installed in it as the BMW can't pick up the previous signal. It drives up next to the stopped BMW and the sidepanel immediately swings open with two men coming out of it, the passenger door has an Ork stepping out and the driver has a female troll stepping out. They seem armed with various Heavy pistols, but the Ork is sporting and Enfield shotgun.

"Damn," Hiller says via intercom, panting. Sweat on her forehead. She uses her simple action for a systems check and for calming down. VCR level 2 is already dragging you into the machine very hard. But you have to keep a clear mind in combat situations. That's what she was trained for. - The BMW is supposed to point to the direction they just came from, because of the U-turn.

Dorian will be picking up his katana and drawing it immediately as he finally hears and soon sees the Bulldog pulling up next to them.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Init up."

Elena just flaots there calling the spirit to her side assensing the approaching team for potential mages and cybers.

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Initiative using a VCR rating 2 with a result of 21.

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "Assensing.":
1 2 2 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Initiative with a result of 28.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 3 for "+4 Lizzie's init":
1 5 16

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls 1 vs TN +24 for "AStral init":
1 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 2 for "+5 Den's init":
1 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 3 for "+4 Raj's init":
1 1 1

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 2 for "+3 Lorenzo's init":
2 3

«Auto-Judge[]» Elena (#11357) rolls 1 vs TN +25 for "AStral init SPirit":
5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Init order Spirit 30, Dorian 28, Elena 25, Hiller 21, Lizzie 16, Den 8, Lorenzo 8, FailRaj 7"

«OOC» Elena says, "Spirit waits for commands. Dorian starts. :)"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian knows this scenario all too well, he's opening the door and using the car as full cover for now."

Dorian is jacked up on life, and jacked up on cyberware, his twitching muscles quickly react by opening the door and making his way out of the vehicle while keeping low in order to keep himself hidden from the other side thanks to tinted windows.

Seeing that combat is unavoidable, Elena orders her spirit to confuse the oposing team. To ease out the odds for them. She makes explizitly clear that none of her friends are to be confused, just the attackers. Then thanks the spirit for it's help as the being starts to focus on the attackers.

«OOC» Elena says, "All attackers have to roll will vs 5. If no successes are created the character forgets what he wanted to do and stays passive. +5 on all rolls."
«OOC» Elena says, "The will counts for one turn."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 5 for "Lizzie's Willpower test":
3 4 5 8 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Raj's willpower test":
1 3 3 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "Den's willpower test":
3 3 4 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Lorenzo's willpower test":
2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Elena says, "Seems none of them forgot what they came here for."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Hiller at 21."

Hiller becomes immediately aware that Dorian leaves tha BMW. And since all hostile individuals left the car she does two things, basically. Via radio: "Give them something to think about, but don't mess around. The GMC has no chance following us. Ready to leave when you are." Then she maneuvers the BMW a bit. Her intention is to provide Dorian cover but at the same time, she would like to cause a bit chaos and diversion among the enemies. She tries to cut off the path of two enemies. The important thing is, to keep moving, not very fast though.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie at 16."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie is gonna do a Called Shot at the BMW's front tire, and use a simple action taking aim."

«Plot» Hiller says, "BMW has Body 3 and no armor."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 5 for "Lizzie's shot. Base TN 4, -2 SL, +4 called shot, -1 Taking aim 5/7CP":
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 - 1 vs TN 5 for "Lizzie's shot. Base TN 4, -2 SL, +4 called shot, -1 Taking aim 5/7CP KP1":
1 1 1 1 3 3 5 11 20 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie is wielding a Manhunter, BMW has to soak 9M base."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Do I have to divide the 9M to 5M or even 5L due to vehicle resistance vs. firearms? I lost track of the numbers^^"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Well it's a called shot on the tires, tires don't really have much going for them resistance wise against normal ammo"

«Plot» Hiller says, "ok"

«OOC» Elena says, "Dorain can use Elena as proxy. So you can finish the plot. But I have to go."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls 3 vs TN 9 for "BMW resists.":
4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Tire goes off then."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Den at 8"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Den will move around the car so he can have partial view on Dorian, rendering his cover to +2"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Will also shoot at him, of course."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 4 vs TN 6 for "Den's first shot, TN base 4, +2 Cover CP 4/7":
1 1 1 2 3 3 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 4 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Den's first shot, TN base 4, +2 Cover CP 4/7 KP":
1 1 1 2 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 3 vs TN 6 for "Den's second shot, TN base 4, +2 Cover CP 7/7 KP1/3":
2 2 2 3 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 3 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Den's second shot, TN base 4, +2 Cover CP 7/7 KP2/3":
2 2 2 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian is soaking two times 9M base."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Body + 3 vs TN 2 for "Soaking 9M base, 7 Ballistic, need 6 successes for complete soak. 3/10CP":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Body + 3 vs TN 2 for "Soaking 9M base, 7 Ballistic, need 6 successes for complete soak. 6/10CP":
1 1 2 4 4 5 5 7 8 10 11 16 = 10 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "I think he's fine.."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lorenzo 8 will try to take out the rear tire of the car."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 7 for "TN base 4, +4 Called shot, -1 Taking Aim, CP 5/7":
1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 - 1 vs TN 7 for "TN base 4, +4 Called shot, -1 Taking Aim, CP 5/7 Kp1":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Dorian says, "Rear tire soaks 9M base, -2 for barrier rating"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls 3 vs TN 7:
1 2 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Rear tire is popped out as well."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Raj is next, and he's failing all over, will grant him +5 confusion since he rolled one success."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Hehe. You've to tell me the malus for driving tests, due to two popped tires."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Raj will attempt to shoot the driver of the car, as he's on the other side of the two popped tires."

The rival crew are quick to react to the moving vehicle, Lizzie and Lorenzo seem to have similar ideas as they both take careful aim towards the tires of the vehicle on their side and quickly crack a shot at them in order to pop them where they stand and leave the BMW with two flat tires on the same side. As for Den, he saw that door open and an Elf creeping out and using cover. Sneaky elf thinks he can get away with that? No way. He makes a quick route around the car with his pistol held ready and as soon as he sees sight of Dorian, he cracks off two shots towards the Elf's center mass which seem to deflect completely on the armor he's wearing.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 9 for "Raj's shotgun blast for the driver, TN base 4, +5 confused CP5/7":
1 2 2 2 3 3 5 9 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 - 3 vs TN 9 for "Raj's shotgun blast for the driver, TN base 4, +5 confused CP5/7 KP1":
1 3 3 3 4 5 9 = 1 Success

«OOC» Hiller says, "Ok, so power is halved then and body counts as armor. It would be 2S, yes."

«OOC» Dorian says, "Yep"

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 2 for "Dmage resistance Hiller":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 = 9 Successes

Raj is supposed to be confused, but he ain't having none of that, infact he quickly readies that Enfield he has in hand and takes some careful time to crack a shot towards the driver of the car through the window.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Brings us to the next round, Spirit at 20 awaits orders."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian at 18 is next"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian will be going at Raj and Den, attempting a multistrike at +2 to his TN and start tank-n-spanking."

The moment the shotgun guy aims for Hiller, is the moment she turns the virtual wheel around. A hard brake then, and the blast hits the the side window squarely. Glass shatters and engine protests again against the hard meneauver. Hiller is lucky, though. She pushed lazy Ray slightly against the hip and caused him to fail.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 5 vs TN 7 for "Base TN 4, +2 Multistrike, +1 enemies in melee, CP 11/11":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 5 - 2 vs TN 7 for "Base TN 4, +2 Multistrike, +1 enemies in melee, CP 11/11 KP1":
2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 5 - 4 vs TN 7 for "Base TN 4, +2 Multistrike, +1 enemies in melee, CP 11/11 KP3":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Will stand at 4."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 + 2 vs TN 9 for "Raj's brawling, +5 confused, CP7/7":
1 2 3 5 11 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 + 2 - 2 vs TN 9 for "Raj's brawling, +5 confused, CP7/7 KP2":
1 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 + 2 vs TN 4 for "Den's brawling, CP 7/7":
1 2 3 3 4 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 + 2 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Den's brawling, CP 7/7 KP3/3":
1 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian has 2 net succeses over Raj, Den has 1 net success over Dorian. Raj soaks 13S base due to dikoted katana's two-handed strike. Dorian soaks 6M base for Den's strength."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 7 vs TN 10 for "Raj's Soak, CP burned, 5/3 armor":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 7 vs TN 10 for "Raj's Soak, CP burned, 5/3 armor KP3/3":
1 1 2 2 5 7 8 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Raj dies horribly"

«Plot» Hiller says, "Rightfully!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Soaking Den's melee, impact 4":
1 1 1 2 2 2 8 9 20 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "And Dorian tanks once more."

Dorian is a quick mofo, and getting shot at or having his team shot at is not something he likes, and thus he quickly brings his augmented body into high gear, crossing the distance towards the Ork and his companion with vicious intent. The elf quickly brings his blade in a horizantal strike, attempting to zig-zag it from left to right and right to left inbetween the two in order to dice 'em up. Unforunately for Raj, things don't go so well as the confusion in him finally pays it's toll and leaves the Ork to fall to the ground in various bits and pieces of his former body, where as Den's quick enough to lean back from the strike and quickly come in with an uppercut for the Elf's gut who seems to react poorly to, and simply heighten his rage..Poor, poor Den..

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elena at 15 is next, she'll attempt to Stunbolt Lizzie"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 + 6 vs TN 5 for "Elena's Sorcery + 6 Sorcery pool vs Lizzie's 5 Willpower, casting Moderate stunbolt":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 10 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 + 6 - 3 vs TN 5 for "Elena's Sorcery + 6 Sorcery pool vs Lizzie's 5 Willpower, casting Moderate stunbolt KP":
1 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 28 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Lizzie's Willpower vs Force 6 stunbolt, need 4 successes":
2 3 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Lizzie's Willpower vs Force 6 stunbolt, need 4 successes KP3/3":
2 3 5 5 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie is struck with a moderate stunbolt"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 vs TN 3 for "Elena soaking 3M drain":
1 3 4 5 8 13 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elena takes no drain"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Hiller at 11 is next."

Hiller, clad in her black pilot coverall, feels the vehicle's suffering like a bleeding in her very own organs. That causes rage, adrenalin, fear. Unity with the ride comes with a toll. But again, she's experienced worse, back in the Army. But the Army /did/ provide proper equipment. 'The motherfucker just stripped me blank!' she cries inward. And then the ork goes down. Satisfaction. Quickly, she estimates the situation and decides to set back. Her aim is to accelerate this pass and then, hit one of the remaining enemies with a ramming attack. If this would be still necessary nad save for Dorian.

«Plot» Hiller says, "I would roll acceleration test ro see how much I could accelerate."

«Plot» Hiller says, "What's the malus fpr the tires?"

«Plot» Dorian says, "I'd say +4 with two tires gone."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Stressful enviroment."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "Acceleration Test: 2 Handling +4 tires + 1 restricted terrain - 4 VCR +2 vehicle damage":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 - 1 vs TN 5 for "Acceleration Test: 2 Handling +4 tires + 1 restricted terrain - 4 VCR +2 vehicle damage (KP 2/6)":
1 2 4 4 5 5 10 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "And who're you rammin'?"

«Plot» Hiller says, "This would be enough to speed up to 66 speed rating max. Next pass, I would decide if I hit someone. The vehicle is now a bit away from the scene, I'll make a pose"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Ah alright"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie is next 6."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie seeing the monster who survived two shots, gutted one of her friends and took a punch like it was a tickle will move to cover behind the bulldog and use her smartlink to eject the clip and put in a fresh one with APDS rounds in it."

Lizzie curses outloud, this wasn't as simple as they thought it would be. It's just not just a driver and his cargo, it's a team who was expecting an ambush sooner or later. Not to mention she got hit with a stunbolt from god knows where, and moving to cover in order to switch up ammo is what she thinks is best for now.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Spirit at 10 is sitting there, awaiting orders."

Hiller decides that Dorius knows how to handle things alone for a moment. And she intends to make use of his tanking. Shouldn't the BMW be the tank? Anyway, Hiller kicks in the reverse gear and despite two destroyed tires, the vehicle moves quickly away. In quiet a distance, it takes a 180 circle and thus brings the vehicle's back in position against the enemies back at Dorian. Never ram something with the engine first! Stock car rule N 1!

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian next at 8"

Glass is glittering on Hiller's black suit and she's observing the situation. This is going to be a risky thing. As a free action, she would transmit: "Prepare for boarding. I'm coming in.Get the fucker with the Ares and let us head on."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian is gonna give Den something to think about for punching him."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) vs TN 3 for "Base TN 4, -1 For reach advantage, no more additional enemies in melee nearby, CP burned":
3 3 4 7 7 8 11 11 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Den's brawling, CP burned":
2 3 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "So Den is soaking 13S base, 2 successes stage it up to 13D, 6 successes add a +3 to power, so 16 base. Ouch."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 vs TN 13 for "Den's rendezvous with death, all pools burned":
1 2 2 4 7 7 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Den drops like a fly"

Dorian is getting a little on the ticked side from being shot at firstly, and now he got punched? Nuh uh. The elf spares a brief moment to growl before that blade is brought up expertly in a diagonal slice from hip to shoulder which leaves the poor Den in a rather pitiful state as one half of his body drops one way, and the upper half drops the other while leaving a nice spray of blood on the pavement.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elena at 5 is next."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elene will cast another stunbolt, at Lorenzo this time around since Lizzie is out of sight."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 vs TN 4 for "Elena's Sorcery vs Lorenzo's Willpower, Moderate Stunbolt":
1 2 3 5 7 10 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Lorenzo's Willpower vs. F6 Stunbolt":
2 3 3 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Lorenzo's Willpower vs. F6 Stunbolt KP 1":
3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Lorenzo's Willpower vs. F6 Stunbolt KP 3/3":
2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lorenzo takes a moderate stunbolt to the face"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 6 vs TN 3 for "Elena's Drain":
1 3 3 4 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elena takes no drain"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Back to Hiller at 1"

Hiller's intention is to drive back to Dorian, rear first, and give him a chance to jump aboard if he wants. And there is a nice marker for the approach. Stunned Lorenzo. What's he thinking he's doing there? Getting away eventually? No. Awaiting the right moment, Hiller tries to crash Lizzie between GMC and BMW, with a precisely calculated speed of 45 mph (speed rating 60). The engine roars, then slows down, a brief steering…

«Plot» Hiller says, "Would do 6S base vs. Lorenzo and 3L to the car"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 3 for "Lorenzo's soakage against 6S base, 3 impact armor":
2 4 4 5 8 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Ramming Action +2 Handling -4 VCR +2 terrain restricted +4 tires.":
2 2 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Now it would be 6D2"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lorenzo is squished like a frog."

«Plot» Hiller says, "Or simply a D wound, after all."

«Plot» Dorian says, "You may pose taking him out like a possum on the highway."

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls 3 + 1 (last control pool) vs TN 3 for "Damage to the car":
1 4 4 5 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "3L would be down to nothing, barely"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Alright next combat phase. Init it up"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Elena and her spirit will guard the car."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Initiative with a result of 26.

The fast moving sedan decelerates apruptly and hits Lorenzo square across the chest. His head hits the trunk and then he's smashed against the GMC closeby.

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Initiative using a VCR rating 2 with a result of 22.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 3 for "+2Lizzie's init":
4 5 9

«Plot» Dorian says, "Init Order, Dorian at 26, Hiller at 22, and Lizzie at 17."

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian is gonna go take care of Lizzie real quick."

«Plot» Dorian says, "All combat pools refreshed, except KP that is."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 6 vs TN 4 for "TN 4 base, reach negated due to fighting against a troll with equal reach":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 7 7 11 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 + 5 vs TN 4 for "Lizzie's brawling CP5/7":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 7 9 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian stands at 3 net successes, lizzie is soaking 13D"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 9 + 2 vs TN 10 for "Lizzie's Soak, CP7/7, 3 impact":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 16 16 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie takes an S"

«Plot» Dorian says, "Hiller next"

Dorian crosses over to the other side of the bulldog once poor Lorenzo is squished like a bad game of Frogger, the elf has no issue fighting against Trolls, infact he might get an extra kick out of it since nearly every troll he's met in Denver so far as been as dick to him for being an elf. Time for a little extra payback. The female troll is greeted with quick horizantal slice which leaves her gut split open and borderlining on spilling out as she clutches it to make sure it stays in.

Hiller via the radio intercom: "What a mess, damn it. Take out the wires, get aboard. They're finished, I tell you, pal." her voice cool and distant. "Before someone else shows up." Hiller maneuvers the car in a favorable position for a quick departure, 6 meters away from the GMC, nose pointing toward the way back.

«Plot» Dorian says, "Lizzie next, she'll try to put one in the elf."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "Lizzie's pistol, Base TN 4, -2 SL, +2 Moderate Stun Wound, +3 Serious physical wound, APDS rounds, all pools burned":
2 4 5 5 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian is soaking 9M with APDS."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Body + 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking 9M with APDS, 7 ballistic halved. CP10/11":
1 2 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 16 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Body + 4 vs TN 6 for "Soaking 9M with APDS, 7 ballistic halved. CP10/11 KP4/5":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian takes an L wound"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 1 vs TN 5 for "Finishing off Lizzie, +1 light wound, CP11/11":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls Edged Weapons (Katana) + 1 - 1 vs TN 5 for "Finishing off Lizzie, +1 light wound, CP11/11 KP5/5":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 5 vs TN 9 for "Lizzie's Brawling, +2 moderate wound, +3 serious, all pools burned":
1 2 3 4 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Dorian says, "Dorian stands with 1 success, soaking 13S"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 9 vs TN 10 for "Lizzie soaking 13S, all pools burned":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Dorian says, "And she's out."

The next change goes down pretty quick, after Lizzie got sliced up she decides to put one into the Elf, but her blurry vision causing her aim to falter as the shot pulled off digs right into the elf's shoulder but barely pierces the plates enough to damage him properly, infact it only enrages him to the point that he brings his blade cleanly upwrads and jams it straight up into the Troll's head from beneath her chin. He gives it a twist in good measure before yanking it out and leaving the body to collapse. Cursing beneath his breath for actually being shot, he makes his way to the side of the road where the wires of the trip system are able to be seen, and with a quick slice of his sword, he seperates them in order to turn off the trap.

Dorian finishes up with cutting the wires and making sure the trap is disabled before he makes his way back into the car, and sheathing his blade before closing the door behind him, and picking up his cellphone in order to call up the Johnson.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dorian (#7753) rolls 1 for "+10 minutes till Star arrives":
1

«Plot» Dorian says, "Star arrives to the scene in approx 8 minutes, Hiller can make a driving test to find a secure spot to park, Dorian will contact the Johnson to secure a pickup since the car can't really drive much further."

Hiller waits patiently. And without further talking, she continues to drive away. On her headware navigation, she stimates a good escape route, many intersections and crossroads. Covering any trail is a god thing. Though they have valid and good SINs, there's no sense in forcing a high level check upon them.

«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Hiding test 2 Handling -2 VCR (non-combat) +4 forcing high speed as much as possible, cops are itchy today":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Hiller (#10245) rolls Car + Control Pool: 4 - 1 vs TN 4 for "Hiding test 2 Handling -2 VCR (non-combat) +4 forcing high speed as much as possible, cops are itchy today (KP 3/6)":
1 3 3 3 4 8 11 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Hiller says, "Stay. Any pursuer who would be close behind, would have +4 on any relocation test"

«Plot» Hiller says, "But I think 10 minutes are quiet a distance"

With the autonav, and HIller's GPS, she's able to find a decent spot for them to chill at while the cops investigate the scene where they were at. Lucikly for them, Star was a good 8 minutes away, so they won't have anyone on their tail, and Dorian wasn't bleeding all over the place from being badly bruised by a bullet to the shoulder. They'll be able to park there and stay there for a bit while Ares sends a tow truck to pick up the BMW and escort them back the building safely.

«Plot» Dorian says, "And that completes this little plot"

Hiller would like to thank Dorian. "You jumped in when I needed you, thanks for that, Dorian." She's not up for a big show and seems to be a bit dissatisfied with the car broken down. But in the end, it worked out.

«Plot» Hiller says, "Thank you! It was tough and fun. I didn't expect it this hard.^^ Was a nice experience for me. Helps me to judge future situation with simple cars."

Dorian nods to the driver. "Don't mention it, just doing my job." The elf cleans his blade on the way back to the building. He'll have the docs at Ares check him up just incase, but he thinks a bruised bone is what he got away with. And judging from the number of scars this elf carries, though currently not visible through his armor, he knows how to access his wounds!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License