Convoy Duty
GM: Wastelander
Players: Stonewall, Wastelander, Calavera, Tailpipe, Air
Synopsis: Runners get paid to guard a shipment of supplies going into a besieged mormon/anglo reservation. They break through a roadblock and obliterate their pursuers.
Date: February 20th, 2070

The word goes out through the usual channels. There's work to be had. Dangerous, high-paying work that'll even take you out of town. You want in? Find your way down to the Happy Family Ranch, just out of town on the CAS side. Be there by sundown. Be loaded for bear.

The word comes to Calavera from Corizon, her fixer. Word is theres a high danger, high explosive mission that fits Calavera's strengths. She takes corizon at face value and motors down to the Happy Family Ranch. The armored HumVee probably looks a little out of place amidst all the happy 'families' of the Ranch.

Air gets the word, and CAS side is perfect for him. He loads up with his gear, handpicked from his extensive collection. With some extras thrown in for good measure, the trunk of his car is full. A calculated risk. The BMW burbles on down to the Happy Family Ranch, looking a little bit too clean and European among this crowd, nevermind. The shiny silver car parking up, and the tall blond steps out, dressed in a smart suit, Zoe by the cut, heading inside just as the sun begins to dip beneath the horizon.

Air and Cala could not look more different if god himself came down and tried.

Stonewall knows the signs of someone pushing the 'oh shit' button, and from the sounds of what both his ripperdoc *AND* smuggler said, someone sat an elephant on that button this time. Calling off from his work for 'personal business' for the weekend at least, he swaps the saddle-bags on his Harley for the ones in the case marked 'In Case Of Zombie Outbreak' and cruises out of Denver. Once he gets out of town and on the international highway to the destination, part of that gear gets unpacked and slung out openly: A beast of a shotgun, and the green-crossed satchel marking it's contents as medical supplies. But nowhere is there any indication the dark-swathed troll on the monsterous Harley is anything but a bruiser as he rumbles up to the gates of the Ranch.

Tailpipe gets word through another ganger that is actualy contemplating the job. She slaps him upside the head and spits on him. "Is stupid! You get gacked no time. I be going myself, Greenie! Yous stay and keep me beer cold. Any missing when I be getting back, and I cut off a nut! Comprendiea?" She yells at the smaller ork ganger, spittle spraying out flecked with old tobaco and probably food from who knows how many meals ago.

Satisfied the situation is under control, she gathers up the few things she ever needs for work, hops on her bike, and finds her way through into the CAS with a few bribes, taking her to the gathering point only after getting lost twice.

The HumVee rolls to a stop next to the nice, Shiney silver car. The only bits of silver on the HumVee are recent bullet impacts that have scratched the surface. A little touch up paint and those will be fine. Calavera steps out, a pair of black shades underneath her military cap, looking like a sort of pissed off, elven, quasi-female, beardless Fidel Castro.

Stonewall has a 'cruiser' bike, which means even when he arrives he can just drop the kickstand and lean back in the seat while waiting for everyone else to show up. As the BMW, HumVee, and another bike roll up looking like fellow would-be zombie outbreak survivors, he barks, "Ya'all got yer' hotlines jerked too ta' get yer' backsides out here too, I take it?"

The Happy Family ranch is situated, as said, out of town on the CAS side of things, a ways out. There are many families there, all dressed alike in extremely conservative clothes:women all in dressed, men all in coverals or old, ratty suits. Hummers are everywhere, along with a handful of trucks- and there's a smattering of gaurds with heavy looking rifles.

As the runners arrive, they're ushered into the main ranch house- really, a mansion, despite its 'humble' pretentions. The house is clean, and while it's simple and very 20th century, everything is REAL, down to the wood, down to the plants. An elderly gentleman waits there, wearing an expensive, tasteful suit and a cowboy hat.

roman-grant-1024.jpg

"Good evening, everyone," the man says, a bit of relaxed southern charm in his old, croaky voice. "I'm glad you could make it out here. You all have reputations as solid, reliable help: beings willing to work hard for your money." He pauses.

"My brothers and sisters are in need. The blasted heathens of the wastes have surrounded them, and they can't get out- and they've been trapped for weeks. I need to get supplies to them, ammunition and food, as quick as I can: and I need brave souls to defend the cargo on the way."
There's a fourth runner there, too: a middle aged ork sitting in one of the chairs, looking uncomfortable in the relative splendor.

Air subverts stereotypes by going without shades, instead choosing to dim his eyes some, a little blatant making them obviously cybernetic. But it's a style thing, and he only does it after noticing that Castrogirl is rocking the retro glasses look. He heads inside easily, rubbing his hands together as he listens to the spiel.

It's one of those slow-turns that brings Calavera's attention to Stonewall. Underneath the cap, behind the shades, one eyebrow quirks up. It's Calavera's one expression. She's working on humanity, you see, and humans use facial expressions. So she has chosen one to master. The eyebrow quirk, it is hers. Turning then to the client, with equal deliberation (You see, glancing or other such terms belay a certain level of spontaneity utterly lacking from Calavera. When she gives you her attention, it is with purpose.) of movement.

Castrogirl does not grunt, but her head tilts just a slight bit to indicate she has head the cowboy hatted man. "Resupply in hostile environment and personal extraction, si?"

Tailpipe picks her nose, eyeing the wet green mass she manages to dig out as she stands with the rest in the room. One rich asshole is like another, especially at a place like this. "How much is paying and how soon be blowing crap up?" She says bluntly, right before she sucks on the booger clad finger and cleans it off.

Stonewall raises his hand and waits for some indication from the man that's been speaking to them so far before asking, "If you'll forgive me askin' a stupid question: You have a vehicle or vehicles ya' want us to ride in, or you just wanting us to run escort in our rides for your ride? I'm more useful on the former, and a clay pigeon on the latter with the ol' Harley I brought, so I'd rather find out 'fore I waste anyone's time with being somewhere I ain't gonna be able to help."

The old man nods. "You hit the nail on the head, ma'm," he tells Calavera. "My people need to hold out against the redman as long as they can. They will -not- be moved." He closes his hand into a fist, and then opens his eyes. "For your assistance, you will recieve the thanks of the heavenly father as you protect his children from the heathens. You will also receive a more Temporal reward: forty-thousand of your nuyen and two hundred rounds of the Extra-explosive ammunition of your favored caliber."

He looks at Stonewall. "And you can ride shotgun, if you like, or mount your own vehicle. You can…extract… yourself from the reservation yourself, if you like, or you can provide escort for the return trip, as well: if you choose the latter, I'll compensate you for fuel expenses and add an additional five thousand to the purse."

Calavera turns to look back at her Humvee. "Detail the opposition." She demands, without quite -co-manding. Her posture does not shift so much in to a relaxed one, as she is simply no longer in a posture to erupt in to a blur of motion and kill everyone around her.

Stonewall gestures at the shotgun on his back, and says, "I'll ride, and carry, shotgun there and back. Save ya' the fuel cost for my big keester," before stepping back and hunkering down somewhere convenient to let others sort things out and to listen to the conversation.

Air scratches his neck as he considers the whole job, "We get the convoy in safely, and then out again. Correct? This is the entirety of the job?" he nods towards the Mexican chick, "Quantify the opposition."

Tailpipe 's eyes light up at that ammount. Big score! "Is in. Jes be pointing what be blow'n up, and be doing so." She says eagerly, seemingly unconcerned about details about who they are actualy killing or what they will face.

Wastelander shifts. "I'll do it," he says, voice gravelly. "An keep th' cash for the return trip. Just keep me in mind for the future."

The old man looks at the ork, nods, and looks back. "You understand," he tells Air. "Good. Opposition are a pack of local barbarians: terrorists, really, blocking all traffic in and out of the compound. They're jealous of the success my brothers and sisters have achieved. They'll be armed with advanced weaponry and the grim malice of the devil, but they have yet to show any magical aggression. Expect armored vehicles and tenacious attackers."

Calavera turns back to the old man. "Stop." She says, holding up one finger. "No opinion. No supposition. Tell me in detail, what you -know-. Leave cultural commentary out of this. What vehicles. What guns. What calibre. What heavy weapons. What conditions are roads in. These details."

The old man appears ready to speak, but another of his retinue steps up: this man seems much more bedraggled than the rest, with a patch over one eye and an obvious cyberhand, in addition to wearing bits of security armor strapped to his body. "Assault rifles and heavy machine guns," he says, in a voice like a croak. "Anti-vehicle rockets, mounted on armored jeeps. We estimate their jeeps to have approximately six-to-seven mm armor. Roads are good, up till about a klick from the reservation, where they've been destroyed." He pauses. "Other questions?"

Calavera mmmms quietly. "Beyond the scope of simple raiders. They have military support of some sort." She muses, looking to the others. "My vehicle will not be suffienent for combat at that level, though it will suffice for a command vehicle." She says, looking to the others. "Tell me of the vehicles you have provided for this maneuver."

Air shakes his head at that, "Mine is not built for the offroad nor the combat. I can ride as shotgun on one of your vehicles." He scratches his chin and ponders what to bring of his personal arsenal.

Stonewall raises his hand again, asking politely, "If'n it's okay, could I get the ammo before we head out? My Harley'll be stayin' here, can call it collateral against the loan of the ammo? Otherwise, I'm ready soon as I transfer some supplies from my saddlebags to whatever vehicle you'll have me in."

The eyepatched man folds his arms. "Three armored GMC 4201s, upgraded to ten milimeters of armor. Two jeeps with about half of that with MMGs mounted on their backs."

The older fellow nods to Stonewall. "Of course. I was assuming you'd want the ammunition for the work. What caliber do you require?"

Stonewall lifts the handle of the gun slung across his back far enough to show it. "Shotgun, figure that'll be easy enough to rustle up 'round here."

A brick wall of a troll, about twenty-four decimeters tall, with a thick swath of padded armor wrapping him up from head to toe. Even with as padded as his outfit is, it can't begin to hide the leanness of his body, lacking even a hint of the usual over-muscular build of most trolls his instead is the body of a marathon sprinter. He almost looks more an Ork than a troll, if the sheer size didn't give away his lineage. Adding to this is he bulk of all the gear he's loaded down with; a canvas satchel with a green cross on the side, a bulky shotgun strapped across his back, the helmet that's obvious a bit tougher than one needs just to ride a motorcycle, everything about him is leaning heavilly on the 'prepared for a zombie outbreak' button it seems.

Calavera thinks this over. "Machineguns are over rated for vehicular work. Do you have a vehicle with suffiecent armor as to provide protection and a top side ring mount?"

Stonewall notes it's one of those troll-sized Black Panther ones that looks more like a machine-gun than a shotgun with the dual clips and various fiddly knobs and levers.

Eyepatch nods. "Lead GMC. Got a minigun I like to mount up there, but if you have other ideas…?" He pauses. "I'll be your driver, too. For all the vehicles. Unless one of you guys can rig?"

Calavera shakes her head. She gestures to her truck then, one gloved hand pointing. "I carry Anti-vehicular rounds in an assault-rifle format. I am very good at what I do. If you can drive… we can shoot."

The man looks at the others. "Any other questions? We want to set out now. We get going soon, we should be entering the hot zone about an hour before dawn."

Air nods, "I'm in, do you have any minigrenades lay around here, probably my best bet against vehicles. Unfortunately I only have concussive at the moment. Otherwise I can be ready in ten."

«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1 for "fickle finger of fate":
8

The eyepatch man shakes his head. "Afraid that all our minigrenades are anti-personell… although, if you can drop those -in- their vehicles, they might work out…"

«Plot» Stonewall heads out, and transfers 10 clips of shock lock (100 rounds), 10 clips of stun shell (100 rounds), and loads the 200 rounds of Ex-Ex ammo into 20 more clips that all get organized into rank and file in the GMC he's designated to ride in with lengths of tape actually holding each clip in place and down so they won't bounce around. Stun Shell and Shock Lock are loaded into his shotgun.

more questions, you can pose up riding for about six-seven hours. one of you non-trolls gets to ride in the lead GMC, where they'll let you pop out of the turret yourself, if you like. the rest are in jeeps."

«Plot» Stonewall also brings along his Savior Medkit and extra supplies for it.

Air loads up in one of the Jeeps, with his one long slung over front of him, webbed up with ammunition, patches and comms. His other long carried and stowed securely in the jeep for easy access. His armour is bulky, but he moves fairly well in it, jamming himself into the one of the jeeps, slightly roomier than the GMCs. His own savior medkit is stowed in a bag in there with him, for those dire occasions. He settles himself in for a long boring ride, staring out over the bland landscape.

Tailpipe bulks up on what few things she has. Shotgun in a sheath over one shoulder, a breach loaded room sweeper over the other. Over her chest and hips belts hang, festooned with a variety of colorful shotgun shells as well as the pockets of her vests filled with handfuls of micro-grenade shells for the Grenade launcher that she cradles like a baby.

Stonewall ends up more-or-less on his back, strapped in to face mostly towards the rear of the convoy and assuming he'll be 'tailgunner' for this sortie. Double-checking everything, he's surrounded by ammo in small little densiplast boxes ready to slot into the oversized shotgun he has craddled in his lap. One long web-belt tethers that shotgun to his waist. One long, slow night watching the road retreat…

Calavera fieldstrips her guns, checking them carefully, ensuring proper slide action, grease levels and other needful's. She opens a box labeled 'Cracker'. Inside are several clips with red Stars printed on the clip side. "Anti vehicular. Does anyone use this caliber of weapon?" She asks, gesturing tot he Ares Alpha.

Air heads over to Calavera, interested mainly in how well she strips the weapons, he's just like that. His own Alpha slung agaisnt his chest, "Looks like just you and I." He nods to the only other runner he's worked with before amiably. "That's quite expensive."

You say "I can use that grade," to Calavera, "But I don't have one. All I got is my rifle and my sidearm." He shrugs, seeming a little nervous as he interacts with the femmecastro. "I'm… John. But people been calling me Wastelander."

Calavera nods to Air. When Wastelander speaks up, she opens the back of her truck. Neat rows and rows of gear are held in straps to the wall. She points then to a fairly standard Ares Alpha. "Use that one. You break, I destroy you and your family line. Si?"

«Plot» Wastelander says, " so, Air, Tailipe, Stonewall, and Wastelander in jeeps. Air, Tail, Stoney- eithier of you want to bogart the machine gun emplacements?"

Air finally makes an appraisal of… John. "There are two more in the turnk of my car, if you would like to borrow one, for the duration of this work. If you think it necess… ah. I have a slightly more modified Steyr, that you may find easier to use." He shrugs as the suggestion is made.
Wastelander looks towards Air. "I think the Steyr might be more appropriate. More familiar with that manufacturer: I was a fan of some of the guns they produced in the 1950s. Do you happen to have the convertable model?"

Once gun aquisitions are decided, the party finds themselves traveling the long, long road…

Air replies in the affirmative to Wastelander and heads over to his car, getting the man set up with the Steyr, the grip is personalised to Air, but it's no hindrance. He also lends him some of the custom firepower ammo Air uses.

«OOC» Wastelander says, "okay. Travelposes from all of you but Stonewall (he's already dunnit.) vehicles are sparesely apportioned: no booze, no caffiene, either. not supplied by them, at least. But you're all given plates of homemade ham, biscuits,and gravy!"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "and gallon-sized jugs of lemonade!"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "(all provided by the womenfolk of Happy Family ranch)"
«OOC» Wastelander puts on his armored goggles, as well.

Tailpipe is settled down in the back of one of the jeeps, her gear close at hand while she happily slurps down free food. Who the hell turns down free food? Especialy food that's not gonna make you sick? And as for the lemonade, she'll grab as many of those jugs as possible. Not booze, but not often one gets citrus in the warrens anyways. "Is good day!" She yells out, to no one in particular as they ride off into the country.

«OOC» Wastelander also notes that it's all real food, as well. no soy protein.

Wastelander eats the food, but then spends most of the rest of the ride with an uneasy stomach. He's rarely had any rich food- or anything that wasn't heavily irradiated.

Calavera is now simply checking and rechecking her gear. Ensuring batteries are charged, weapons are optimal. She flexes in the vehicle as much as she can, which, for a phsyical adept, is PRETTY GODDAMN FLEXIBLE. She's far from hot, it's mostly just inhuman.

Stonewall hefts his shotgun up to let out an old-fashioned military, "Hoo-ya!" in response to Tailpipe as they jounce out away from the compound. He was dainty about his meal, enough to get him there, but knows there ain't gonna be a bathroom stop on the way.

Air stuffs himself into one of the jeeps, it being slightly roomier than the GMCs. His gear is stowed, and secured as well as possible, then he tucks into the provided vittles. Definately worth it, he has the appetite of one and a half guys his size. The jug of lemonade is kept and swigged from periodically as the dark landscape rolls by, the monotone journey almos a relaxing lull.

«Plot» Wastelander says, "okay. Situational rules: You're on vehicles operated by a rigger. the opposition is -not-. Ergo, the following assumptions are going to be made, to save on rolls and times: you will -always- have a maneuverscore higher than ten, giving you a -1 to tn's: meaning you'll be swinging at net +1's until we hit rough terrain (+2 penalty for firing non-mounted weapons from a vehicle.) when situations like speed and relative direction change, i'll let you know. targets in jeeps will have partial cover, those on bikes will -not- have cover. you will have partial cover, as well. any questions?"
«Plot» Calavera says, " Do they get to dodge if they are not rigged?"
«Plot» Wastelander says, "the vehicles do -not- get to dodge. drivers and passengers (including you guys) can. (duck, weave, etcetera)"
«Plot» Calavera says, " Thank you for clarifying."
«Plot» Stonewall says, "Clarification: Using +hr combat called? If so, per option B, do our non-AV shots only need to match their base armor, or is the shot still considered halved in power for 'hardened armor' purposes?"
«Plot» Wastelander says, "Non-AV shots need only match their base armor."
«Plot» Wastelander will be handwaving all driving rolls for the opposition and the npc- except for rolls to avoid collision. speed and other such changes happen on my whim- just to keep it flowing. Don't worry, it'll be fun: just, in the abscence of pc drivers, i don't see the need to slow things down for a lot of extra rolls.
«Plot» Wastelander says, "keep coming with the questions. When you've got all the answers you need, let me know on pr4. once everyone checks in, I'll scenepose and we can slide to +init."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "oh!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Assault Rifles B/R:
1
«Plot» Stonewall final-notes, shotgun is set to BF mode currently. Choke is 2.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Assault Rifles B/R:
4
«OOC» Wastelander says, "takes me a while to get started, but eventually wastelander converts the rifle. :)"

It's been a long, long drive into southern Idaho. Hours of travel through dark mountain roads, ages of nothing and boredom: after all, there aren't even any drivers in the jeeps. Some of the time is spent in an annoyingly cold rain, and these jeeps don't even have clothtops. Suck.

Eventually, hours down the line, the vehicular comm units become active. "Wake up, shadowpeople," eyepatch's voice comms across. "My eye in the sky picks up a roadblock up ahead. I'm going to power through it… but it's going to get rocky. Confirm."

Air wakes up and stretches out his joints, spreading out in the jeep and getting some blood flowing. His tinny transduced tones come over the comms, «Check. Jeep one.» He reaches down and picks up the Alpha, giving a quick once over, checking the breech and then wiping the visor of his helmet with a cloth.

Commlink-Phoenix> Stonewall says, "Phoenix, Jeep… 3, burning bright!"

Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Lead Bulldog On comms."

Tailpipe yawns a bit as the voice wakes her. Sleeping in the rain and cold ain't nothing new to her, and not having to worry about someone coming along to gank your stuff does wonders for peace of mind. Discarded bowls and dishes are scattered around her, long since licked clean as she stirs and reaches for the radio. "Da. Is making ready with da fun." She replies after a few failed attempts to use the radio. Stupid fragging human sized crap.

«Plot» Wastelander says, "Air and Wastelander in jeep1, tailpipe in jeep2, stonewall in jeep3. (single trolls to a jeep)"

Calavera was awake. Inside the vehicle, the smell of greasepaints can be smelt; her face is now the grinning skullmask of her warriorspirit. She moves then to the ringmount, snapping the Alpha in to place, then checks the slide. She pulls out her binoculars and spies the roadblock, figuring the best attack plan to use…

«Plot» Calavera would like to use small unit tactics.
«Plot» Wastelander says, "use it."
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Small Unit Tactics vs TN 6 for "Motherfucker.":
1 2 3 3 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Small Unit Tactics - 1 vs TN 6 for "Motherfucker. KP 1":
2 3 4 8 = 1 Success
«OOC» Calavera says, "Stand on the +1/+1"

Air watches as Wastelander fiddles with the Steyr and shakes his head, turning back to the landscape to scan the surroundings. "Don't break it," he mentions quietly. Then he shuts up to listen to comms.

You paged Calavera with 'barricade made up of ruined automobiles. three jeeps on the other side. road looks fine beyond, but visbility is limited because of curves and bend along the mountains.'.
Calavera pages: Terrain?
You paged Calavera with 'wide, quality roads… but it's a plummet off the side, about 20-30 meters down into heavy tree cover.'.
Calavera pages: And on the other side?
You paged Calavera with 'about 70 degree vertical mountainside.'.
From afar, Calavera nods. Good location.
You paged Calavera with 'ideal ambush spot. but with the armor and speed on this GMC, he -should- be able to punch right through them.'.

Calavera hits the comm. "Driver, increase speed to 70 miles an hour. Aim for… 5 degrees off center, the Ares pickup and the Squad Car. Jeeps one and two, flank to the rear, provide suppressive fire till lead vehicle impacts front wall, then slide in to slipstream. Heads down on the roll through. Jeeps 3 and 4, provide suppressive on retreat. So KA?"

Commlink-Phoenix> Stonewall says, "Weapons free now, or hold until we roll through?"

Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Weapons free. Conserve ammunition. We are not here to destroy this roadblock."

«Plot» Calavera says, " I am adding to my CP."

Commlink-Lucky> Air comes back loud and clear, "Check!" He racks the cocking handle on his Alpha back as he does so, preparing mentally.

«Plot» Stonewall is adding to my init.
«Plot» Air takes the init bonus.

Commlink-Tailpipe> Tailpipe says, "Uh…wha?"

Too late. Even as Calavera speaks, the lead GMC's crashing into the roadblock. There's a huge crushing sound as the transport's incredible momentum collodies into an old thunderbird, and the huge craft almost loses control… but it doesn't knocking the thunderbird off the side of the road and off the cliffside, and it's racing down the road for freedom! The jeeps move along behind it, fanning out to provide better firing opportunities…

SITUATION:15m wide road (highway quality), light grade downward. One on side of the road: 70 degree vertical cliff face. On the other: 20-30 meter drop to treeline. Three ENEMY jeeps throttling up behind the van, but it'll take them a minute to catch up… And as heavy laden as the transports are (there are 3 gmcs (transports, haevy armor) and three ALLIED jeeps, it won't be able to outrun them…

«OOC» Wastelander will add to Combat pool.
«OOC» Wastelander says, "one set of poses to go with the impact, and then we're initing!"

Commlink-Phoenix> Stonewall chimes in, "Weapons hot!" as he flicks between Stun Shell and Shock Lock to count seconds, shouldering and aiming out behind the rear jeep at… empty desert. Waiting for a target, waiting for a target… waiting for a*BOUNCING*IN*A*JEEP*target… waiting for a target… and starting to take aim until things get in range, Stun Shell w/ Choke 12 to start things off and piss someone off.

Tailpipe lets out a war-whoop as she hangs on for dear life through the turbulance of clearing the blockade, her MGL in hand and ready to pop off a concussion grenade at anyone stupid enough not to be inside a vehicle. "Suck my slit, ya dirty slitches!" She hollars out as they zoom past the vehicles.

Calavera's alpha chatters, Ex Ex rounds screaming down stream as bullet casings eject to the side in clattering time with the slide. Each one is like a little cash register ring. When the impact comes, she ducks down, one hand covering her helmeted form, bracing for the impact. "BRACE!"

Air braces himself between his seat and the door of the jeep he has his aim out of. His body jerking up and down as the jeep's suspension takes a battering and his Alpha clatters against the body of the jeep. Then they're through the blockade and fanning out, targets coming into view.

Wastelander clatters and jukes as the jeep careens over the wreckage, and the jar is just enough to snap the last piece of the weapon in place. "By the Power of the Atom…" he swears, chambering a round and raising the weapon to his shoulder. "It's like sitting around in a bombquake…"

«OOC» Wastelander says, "now we +init!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Initiative with a result of 19.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a modifier of +1 with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Initiative with a modifier of +1 with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Initiative with a result of 8.
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Initiative with a modifier of +1 with a result of 14.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1 for "+8 Gmen jeep1":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1 for "+8 Gmen jeep2":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1 for "+8 Gmen jeep3":
4
«Plot» Wastelander says, "Air 24, Calavera 19, Stonewall 14, Jeep1 12, Jeep3 12, Jeep2 11, Wastelander 9, Tailpipe 8, Air 14, Calavera 9, Stonewall 4, Jeep1 2, Jeep3 2, Jeep2 1, Air 4"
«OOC» Stonewall says, "We have any passes and/or full rounds while the enemies are catching up to aim at them ahead of time?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "you have rounds, but not to aim. curvy mountain roads: this init is when they enter LOS."
«Plot» Wastelander says, "Air! Target range for you (to closest jeep) is 70 meters. +2 tn unmounted weapon, -1 tn higher maneuver, -1 tn targets incoming."
«Plot» Air says, "Base TN 5 from range, -2 SL, TN 3 to drop a grenade into the nearest jeeps crewcab. Or airburst if opencab."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "opencab. -1 tn for targeting automobile."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "succs reduce scatter by 4 meters per.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 for "scatter direction":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 for "scatter distance":
5
«OOC» Wastelander says, "looks like you're right on target!"
«OOC» Air says, "Whatever the damage is, it's one of their mini's."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "offensive AP. flechette damage… let's see how they fare."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "soaking S":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 8 9 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "soaking S":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 7 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 2 for "soaking S":
1 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 10 10 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "handling test to avoid losing control":
3 4 4 5 7 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "okay. massive damage inside the jeep, but they seem well-armored. still, you've blown combat pool."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "Cal, your distance to the same jeep is 100m."
«OOC» Calavera says, "Describe the jeep please?"

Air takes a quick bead on the enemy jeeps. His smartlink highlights and outlines the neartes in bright red, an arc for his launcher marked out, jingling around as the jeep bounces. He takes a steadier platform and with a quiet poomf sound, a minigrenade launches out, arcing over to the enemy jeeps. With a bright flash and a loud bang the thing explodes directly above the open cab, scattering sharpnel all over the occupants inside.

«OOC» Wastelander says, "4 wheeled, open cab and back, each with a weapon mounted on the back. the lead enemy has a machine gun mount."
«OOC» Calavera nods. Called shot. Driver's head.

jeep1.jpg

«OOC» Calavera says, "Medium range, TN 5. SL 2, TN 3. Called shot, TN 5. additional modifers?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "-1 higher manuever, -1 incoming. your weapon -is- mounted, so no modifier there."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "you have a choice."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "your called shot can A) negate partial cover, or B) increase damage level."
«OOC» Calavera says, "Negate."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "right. figured. :)"
«OOC» Calavera ndos.
«OOC» Calavera says, "Aim one action. Fire second action. TN is 4"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "tn 2, i think?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "-1 higher manuever, -1 incoming traffic."
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 8 vs TN 2 for "Shooten a bitch.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 9 = 14 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Assault Rifles vs TN 2 for "Shooten a bitch part 2. Plenty of recoil comp":
1 3 4 4 4 4 5 8 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Calavera says, "Stand."
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) uses 2 of item 2: Assault Rifle Round (APDS) from Ammo and Explosives (#3342).
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Combat Pool: 8 vs TN 4 for "OW OW OW!":
3 3 3 4 4 7 11 15 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "base damage?"
«OOC» Calavera says, "8m"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 vs TN 5 for "six ballistic, dropped to 3.":
2 2 4 7 10 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 - 3 vs TN 5 for "six ballistic, dropped to 3. kp 1/?":
2 2 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 - 3 vs TN 5 for "six ballistic, dropped to 3. kp 3/?":
2 4 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 - 4 vs TN 5 for "six ballistic, dropped to 3. kp 6/?":
2 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 - 4 vs TN 5 for "six ballistic, dropped to 3. kp 10/?":
4 7 = 1 Success

Calavera spins in the top mount now, assessing the situation. It's fluid, changing, pulsing. She's alive again. In this moment, she's not haunted by her past, she's not an inhuman machine feared by those around her. She's her most human in the moment, a cruel irony of psychology and humanity. She drops her sights over the forehead and jaw of the jeep that is closest. If she can take out the driver, it may flip and create problems for the others. Dynamic battlefields. She exhales a brief moment before she snaps off two quick rounds, sending the armor piercing rounds down range to make her point VERY clear.

«OOC» Wastelander says, "takes a D, trauma dampner saves his life. that was the FIRST shot."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 vs TN 5:
1 2 5 8 8 8 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "he's in 4 boxes of OD. still alive, technically… but the jeep's crashing, so no, very dead."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1 for "no driver, so this will just tell me how BAD the crash is.":
5
«OOC» Wastelander says, "pretty bad."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 4:
1 1 3 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for " kp 1/10, driver2":
1 1 1 2 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 4 for " kp 3/10, driver2":
3 3 4 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "driver3":
2 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes

The shots are on target. The first shot, somehow, doesn't quite kill the driver, shooting through a sturdy helmet… but the second shot follows the path straightalong, and there's a splashing of blood, a sound of peeling rubber, and the jeep's shooting off the side of the road,bouncing off the edge of the road and off into the yonder. The two remaining jeeps narrowly avoid hitting it as it cross the road… and moments later there's an immense BOOM as the fallen jeep crashes into the trees below and engages in action-flick worthy explosions.

Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Target down."

«Plot» Wastelander says, "Stonewall 14, Jeep3 12, Jeep2 11, Wastelander 9, Tailpipe 8, Air 14, Calavera 9, Stonewall 4, Jeep3 2, Jeep2 1, Air 4"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "that;s better."
«OOC» Stonewall just needs a rough range to the targets for him, since he's at the rear-most jeep of the convoy.
«OOC» Wastelander says, "70 meters. you're 10 meters back, and so is jeep2. :)"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "jeep3 is not currently in LOS."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "And both jeeps are open-top so partial cover?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "yup."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Okay… checking math. Smartlink-1, Extreme Range, -6TN from choke (when in doubt, overwhelm with successes!), -1TN from aiming once, what's my TN, GM?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "looks like 2. penalty for firing frmo the the vehicle negated by incoming + higher maneuver."
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Shotguns + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 2 for "Stun Shell. Burst Fire. The original Spray-and-Pray. IMPACT armor, no Ballistic.":
1 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 10 = 9 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "base power is 2?"
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Base power is 4D(f) since I'm hoping to hit the occupants behind their partial cover. Shot-shell rules, and BF. And stripping the paint off the jeeps while I'm at it. Or at least keeping their heads down."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Base power is 2S before shot-shell and BF though, yes."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "well, they have 4 impact armor. so rolling against 2. still… need lots of successes to not get knocked out."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Cone will be 6m wide at 70m out. Choke of 11."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Oh, this is stun, not physical. Extra penalties. :-)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "ow ow ow gunman1":
2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 11 11 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "ow ow ow gunman2":
2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 9 11 14 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 6 + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "ow ow ow gunman3":
2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 10 = 12 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "looks like they all take serious stun. :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "staying on the road!":
1 1 2 9 10 = 2 Successes

Stonewall watches the first volley fly over his head, and he shoulders his own boomstick. Saying a silent curse in Italian, he braces as best he can and suddenly that boomstick lights up like a road-flate for a moment! As a noise like a hand-grenade going off bounces around in the Jeep, suddenly several _pounds_ of rubber is flung down-range, peeling the paint right off the hood, frosting the windshield like gravel… and peppering everyone in that jeep with a concentrated taste of rubber. Vulcan, it's not just for tires and machineguns anymore! It doesn't do more than dissorient the occupants, but it certainly sends that boomstick skyward like a giant middle finger flipping off that Jeep full of militants!

«OOC» Wastelander says, "jeep3 comes into LOS. one of the gunmen is going to fire at Stonewall with an assault rifle, the other's operating the machine gun and is going to try to hose down Calavera."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 7 for "medium range, -2 smartlink, +1 lower maneuver, +2 unmounted weapon, -1 incoming. full auto, +2 called shot, 8 bullets, all recoil comped.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 7 = 1 Success
«OOC» Wastelander says, "standing on 1."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Damage to resist please? Time to put Stoney to the test for reals."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "okay, Stonewall. Facing 16d APDS, +1 success."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "So what would my Dodge TN be then?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "dodge tn would be… 6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "Yipe! Incoming fire has right of way!":
1 3 3 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Wastelander notes everybody has partial cover at this point.
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "Yipe! Incoming fire has right of way! (KP 1/4)":
2 2 2 3 5 8 = 1 Success
«Plot» Stonewall says, "Incoming fire dodged."
«Plot» Wastelander says, "tie goes to attacker, i think?"
«Plot» Stonewall says, "Dodge test: Equal their successes, attack goes away IIRC."
«Plot» Wastelander says, "sr3 p. 113: if the number of successes obtained on the dodge test are more than the attacker achieved on his attack test, then the attack is completely dodged, and the target takes no damage."
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Combat Pool: 6 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Yipe! Incoming fire has right of way! (KP 3/4)":
1 2 3 5 19 = 1 Success
«OOC» Calavera says, "but the truck is not so lucky."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 3 + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 7 for "wound modifiers, smartlinked, short range.":
2 4 5 9 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "don't worry, stonewall. give me 2 minutes. and a damage resistance test, with impact, versus 14D. so 3d."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 (vehicle body) + 6 (vehicle armor) vs TN 10 for "AV rocket":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1:
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Body vs TN 3:
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 11 14 = 12 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "one more, versus 8d- to survive the fall. your jeep was blasted off the road. :/"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "and into the air. impact resists."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Permission to attempt to jump clear of the jeep and land on the road, in the path of the enemy jeeps?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "permission granted!"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "athletics versus.. we'll call it 6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Athletics vs TN 6:
1 1 2 3 5 8 9 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "in the way of jeep1 or jeep2?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls 1 for "Am I feeling nice?":
3
«OOC» Calavera says, "You will be walking."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "same effect if he got blown off the road, too, Cal. :)"
«OOC» Stonewall says, "The jeep that just shot at me, please."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "avoiding stonewall":
2 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Wastelander says, "actually… you got two successes on your jump, so…"
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 7 for "avoiding stonewall kp 2/10":
3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 7 for "avoiding stonewall kp 4/10":
2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 7 for "avoiding stonewall kp 7/10":
1 2 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Stonewall laughs.
«OOC» Wastelander says, "nevermind. they hit you."
«OOC» Wastelander says, "okay. 100 meters per turn. so ten serious."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 10:
1 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 11:
1 1 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Stonewall says, "If they're Krombi's or something akin to that they're Vehicle Body 4 or 5. The GMC 4201's are 6's, and these ain't that huge. So… Stone's facing D, they're facing M, but unless they kill him they stop and crumple around him like a telephone pole."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 11 for "kp8/10":
1 2 3 7 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 11 for "kp10/10":
1 2 2 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Stonewall (#1297) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Soaking D.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 = 16 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "worse than that. they glance off of you, taking m, but they carreen off into the ravine."
«OOC» Stonewall says, "Pose that, I'm running for food. And re-earning my name. =^.^="
«OOC» Wastelander will make it part of one big pose.
«OOC» Wastelander says, "now: machine gun, targeting Calavera."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 9 for "medium range, full auto of 6 shots, all recoil comped, +4 partial cover. base damage 15d+1, tn 6 to dodge.":
2 2 2 2 3 3 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 4 + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 9 for "medium range, full auto of 6 shots, all recoil comped, +4 partial cover. base damage 15d, tn 6 to dodge. kp 1/10":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) has the Adept Power Side Step with the following information:
-----> Adept Power for Calavera (#1192) <----
Power Name: Side Step
Level: 3
Category: Physical
Power Points: 1.125
Installed: Yes
GM Note: Geas: Calavera must spend at least 1 hour per week in a blindfolded sparring match focussing her senses.


«OOC» Calavera says, "I have plenty of CP left for doding."
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Combat Pool: 1 + 3 (Sidestep) vs TN 6 for "Dodging bullettime":
2 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Calavera (#1192) rolls Combat Pool: 1 + 3 (Sidestep) vs TN 6 for "Dodging bullettime KP 1/12":
1 2 7 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Calavera says, "Dodged"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "right. pose forthcoming."

It's a rain of fire. The enemy jeeps close in even as the runners open up, and their occupants- armored, battle-hardened killers… return fire. The first levels his assault rifle on the troll at the tail of the convoy: his shots are thrown off by being forced to aim around cover, and they go wide. Another jeep, already tormented by Stonewall, is more accurate- or more effective: one of the occupants levels a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher at the offending truck and fires.

There's a massive explosion, the vehicle shredded, a massive fireball expanding out through the road…

BUT WAIT! There's Stonewall, standing tall! The hapless rocketjeep can't quite get out of the way, and its front right wheel collides with the troll… he keeps standing, but it glances off to the side, off the edge of the highway and into the NIGHT!

The other jeep keeps going, however,skirting the fireball. The driver levels the mounted machine gun and pulls the trigger, sending a barrage of bullets shooting towards the lead transport…

It's in moments like this that Action Stars do this incredibly complex bullet time sequence. They see the bullets coming in and time slows down, showing them as they dance around the rounds, in epic style. Yeah. Thats not Calavera. She doesn't even consciously seem to recognize the bullets as threats to be actively avoided. She just… shifts slightly in the ring mount. One bullet wizzes by her head. She turns to reorient the gun, three rounds slice through where she had been. The truck turns on the road only slightly, and two more miss her.

«Plot» Wastelander says, "Wastelander 9, Tailpipe 8, Air 14, Calavera 9, Stonewall 4, Jeep3 2, Air 4"
«OOC» Wastelander will aim at the machinegunner and shoot him in the face.
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "smartlink 2, called shot to negate cover, movement mods balance out.":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 8 9 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "smartlink 2, called shot to negate cover, movement mods balance out. shot 2, burst, recoil comped.":
3 3 3 4 5 5 10 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "dodging the first shot":
1 2 7 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 4 for "dodging the first shot kp 4/10":
2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 3 for "soaking the first shot":
3 4 4 5 8 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "takes a moderate from the single-shot, then takes the burst like a bitch."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "soaking the second shot":
2 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "soaking the second shot kp 5/10":
1 1 1 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 6 for "soaking the second shot kp 7/10":
1 2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 6 for "soaking the second shot kp 10/10":
3 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Wastelander says, "dead."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 4 of item 1: Firepower Assault Rifle rounds from Ammo Crate (#4547).

Wastelander's aim snaps up to the machinegunner. There's a brief moment of focus, and then a single whipshot. It hits the target, despite the machinegunner ducking, catching him in the shoulder… but the duck leaves his head in perfect position. There's a sudden triple-crack from the rifle,and the ute irregular's head explodes in a shower of gold. "Anything goes," the Wastelander mutters.

«Plot» Wastelander says, "Tailpipe!"
You paged Tailpipe with '70 meters to the remaining jeep.'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Launch Weapons (Grenade Launcher) vs TN 2 for "Easy lob with this one. WP.":
2 3 7 8 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls 1 for "direction":
11
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls 1 for "scatter":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1:
9
«OOC» Wastelander says, "ayup."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 5 + 3 (half armor, it's inside) vs TN 10:
1 1 2 4 5 7 7 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Wastelander says, "boom. one of the AV rockets in the jeep goes up as the WP gets to it."
«OOC» Tailpipe says, "Pose now?"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "go for it. you leave them in screaming, burning wreckage."
«Auto-Judge[]» Wastelander (#8886) rolls 1:
4
«OOC» Wastelander says, "but UNLIKE the others, this jeep doesn't go off into the night. it goes to the other side, slamming into the cliff face (what's left of it, at least. It's destroyed.)"
«OOC» Wastelander says, "the utter destruction of this group of raiders will circumvent further attacks… as they try to recover the tens of thousands in ordinance they lost."

Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Driver, confirm no other hostile vehicles, the come to a stop. Outrider 4, circle back for survivors of Outrider 3. All others, reload."

Tailpipe watches everything happening so quickly, the explosions of the other jeeps as they careen off the road and the return fire whipping past her to the others int he caravan. "Mine! He's mine!" She yells into the wind as she lifts her Grenade launcher, taking quick aim and firing off a single shot with a 'phomph'. The shot turns instantly bright white as the phosphorus starts to burn, leaving a searing trail in the air where it manages to bounce off a roll-bar of the offending jeep and splatter to cover the driver, gunner and perhaps more imporantly, the heavy weaponry they are toting. The super hot chemical burns through the shell casing of a rocket and sets it off, even as the two men try to put out the fires that are instantly started on them and throughout the jeep, the explosion ripping through the interior of the jeep and gutting it and the men it carries. The flaming wreckage continues to roll a bit further before the tilt of the road veers it to the cliff face, smashing against the hard rock and spreading the flames in a flare of sparks.
Tailpipe simply grins and kisses the grenade launcher, then rides the stock of it against her crotch before settling back into her seat.

The driver's comm registers back. "Outrider 4 released for pickup, but transports ain't stopping, Skulls. Not in the mission agenda: just cause i can't smell the contacts doesn't mean they're not there." The transport actually picks up speed. "Besides, we're only ten klicks from home."

One of the jeeps circles around, to pick up the remarkably healthy Stonewall,

Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Confirmed."
Commlink-«<Skullz»> Calavera says, "Everyone, check in. Status. Anyone bleeding>?"
Commlink-Phoenix> Stonewall says, "Dusty, all grey, nothing red I can see on me here. Ah… there's my ride, gomen ne sai."

Air has already stuck another of the borrowed minigrenades into his underbarrel launcher. He scans for further targets but the burning jeep is totally ruining his night vision. «Check, no injuries in one.» is transduced over comms.

You say "Negative," hitting the vehicle commsystem. "No cuts here. They barely got a shot off… these shadowruns always come off so clean?" He checks the load on his rifle. "Pretty smooth sailing."

Tailpipe simply throws up a huge middle finger for anyone watching, showing she's well enough while not bothering with the radio.

Stonewall looks down at the wreckage of the Jeep down below… and a big chunk o' ammo burning off in one whip-crack after another… as the now-crowded #4 loops back, he hauls himself into the back of it without pausing and sprawls out as best he can. At least he still has Betsy, thank goodness for slings and hooks.

The rest of the 'run' is smooth. The vehicles make it in to home base, a veritable oasis in the relatively barren mountains: the local mormons are polite and kind for people under siege, and when the convoy heads back towards Denver, everyone is now laden down with a full basket of home-fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and fresh apples.

And! More Lemonade!

Stonewall was, sadly, the only survivor of his jeep.

Calavera imagines her face-painted self looks somewhat daemonic to the local mormons… but that does not stop her from swiping an apple.

Air wipes his eyes, getting a little tired from the lack of real sleep now, and the adrenaline has certainly backed down. At least there's food. He digs into it with glee, more free real food.

He has to push his visor back for it, because he wasn't taking his helmet off just yet, but it's worth it.

It's an even longer ride back, as they're not hurrying at near the same speed… and Wastelander spends more time feeling uneasy. Real food's hard to deal with when you're new to it!

Calavera remains in the gunnery turret until the caravan is back in to 'safe' areas… She's a hard core bitch who doesn't relax when the job's 'half' over…

Tailpipe eats the food that's given, not even bothering with thanks as she snarfs it down. Sleep takes up the rest of her time, only stiring a few times to take a piss or shit off the edge of the still moving jeep.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License