Change Of Leadership
GM: Dalton
Players: Harume
Synopsis: Someone wants a change in leadership in a gang, and runners are hired to get rid of the current leadership.
Date: Aug 17, 2070

«Plot» Dalton says, "I consent"

«Plot» Harume says, "I consent"

Its a quiet evening in Denver, at least for now. You recieve a message from whomever normally gives you work, and tells you to be at the Chrome Nightclub at 10pm. Go to the private room number 1, and meet the Johnson there. The work will be in the warrens, so be ready to move.

It was either the local Johnson, or Honda Katsumori from out of town. Either way, work is work. The Camper modded Eurovan pulls up nearby the club, about a block away and Harume steps out before engaging her maglocks. She doublechecks her gear and makes sure of the area before making her way towards the club. She doesn't do the whole hands-in-pockets routine, as that means it's more difficult to reach her weapons if she needs them. But, she is a touch out of place in the club as she looks unmodded. However, angling towards the private room, she doesn't speak to anyone. She simply enters.

Dalton makes his way to the club on his Harley Scorpion, choosing to remain in disguise, he casts a physical mask spell to conceal his features. He parks at the club and heads inside, doing a quick scan of the crowd before he heads to the private room.

Inside the private room is a man, a caucasion man with black hair and dark grey eyes. He sits casually with a drink in his hand, and as you each enter he points to a seat, waiting for you to sit. "Good evening. I would like you to kill a man for me, the leader of a small gang known as the Crimson Blades. They hangout in the warrens here, and are making a nuisance of themselves. Kill the leader, and no other members of the gang are to be harmed. I will pay you each 15k for this job, as its such an easy task for people of your caliber."

Her eyes surveying the room in a moment, Harume nods and sits where indicated. "Do you have a holo of the target?" she asks while folding her hands over her lap. She's emotionless and simply professional about all of this. Seems she doesn't worry much about taking lives, that's for sure.

Dalton nods "Thats a good question." He crosses his arms as he sits, keeping a defensive stance mostly. He does glance at Harume, smiling slightly, even though he is in disguise, he will let her know later.

The man shakes his head "No, I only know his name is Creed. Part of your pay is to find him and take care of him, he is a simple lowlife, not much of a threat to a trained professional."

"What you are telling me is that for fifteen grand, I get to do the legwork -and- the wetwork?" asks Harume. Either of those are worth ten grand each. So what about me makes you think I work so cheap?" She inclines her head to the left and adds, "I will do the job, but it's really -two- jobs, isn't it?"

Dalton nods "I think we need to see a little extra for all the work, I know I can do it, but I'd like a bit more compensation for my expertise. What timeframe do you want this done in?"

The man smiles slightly "I'll make a deal, you get it done tonight, you get 25k. Anytime after noon tommorow, its 15k."

"So, Crimson Blades, Creed." offers Harume. She starts to get to her feet. "If that is the case, then there is no time to waste, correct?" she asks as she turns towards the door. Then looking back over her shoulder she asks, "Do you have -any- intel that would be useful?"

The man chuckles and produces a pair of credsticks, laying them on the table "The balance is in hold right now, as soon as I hear the job is done, the funds will be released."

Dalton stands up, grabbing one of the credsticks, and slipping it into a pocket and waiting for Harume to leave first, so he can follow her outside.

Nodding, Harume reaches back and takes the other credstick. "I take that as a no then." she mutters before turning to head out the door. She's already working on who she's going to have to talk to, and how much she'll have to pay to get the info she needs. Mentally, she opens a channel to her contact. Sure, Honda Katsumori doesn't live in Denver, but he has contacts of his own and is basically an information broker.

Dalton chuckles softly as he follows Harume, and whispers "Finding him is the easy part, thats my job, you get to do the dirty work."

Turning her dark eyes towards Dalton, Harume raises a brow. "Then perhaps we are delaying too long. Let's get the job done, get the payday, and go on about our business, yes?" she asks… not the smiling personable young lady from the Acadamy the other night. Now she's on the job.

Dalton chuckles and gestures towards the doors "After you." Once you are outside, his image shimmers and returns to the same form you saw the other night at the acadamy. "So, you have a comm channel you prefer?"

"I have a full spectrum radio built in. You tell me what channel you'd prefer to use and I'll monitor it." Gesturing towards the west, she says, "I have a mobile command center down this way if you like. It has surveillance equipment and a good system."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Gang ID vs TN 6 for "Location of the Gang, Crimson Blades. Defaulting from GAng Turff.":
1 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Gang ID vs TN 6 for "Location of the Gang, Crimson Blades. Defaulting from GAng Turff. KP:1":
1 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Gang ID vs TN 6 for "Location of the Gang, Crimson Blades. Defaulting from GAng Turff. KP:3":
1 1 1 = 0 Successes

Dalton frowns "Well, the first thing we need to do, is narrow down where this gang is, I think I know where to find them, but I'm not sure."

«Auto-Judge[]» Harume (#6808) rolls Street Rumors vs TN 6:
7 16 = 2 Successes

To (Harume, Frostlog), Dalton pages: You can find the Crimson Blades in the South Sunrise district, between the Aurora Air Corps Turf and Los Reyos Diablos

Thumbprinting her way into her van, Harume gestures for you to come in with her. She heads to her computer system and then jacks her datajack in and uses her own internal radio to get an outside signal. A few messages typed and sent out, and she gestures to the screen, "Word has it the Crimson Blades just had a scuffle with another gang, and they're recruiting…. looks like it's down in the warrens, about three point six kilometers from the border."

Dalton climbs inside the van, and finds a seat, nodding "Alright, all I have to do is find a Crimson Blade, and I'll be able to read thier mind and find Creed. Then, I can make you invisible for you to go in and get him."

"I wasn't planning to walk into the middle of them to kill the guy. That's a bit.. brazen, even for me. I was hoping that we could arrange for the right kind of opportunity." She hops up into the driver's seat and starts up the engine. "Let's get going though. The location is in the South Sunrise district. And don't worry… the van's practically immune to small arms. Let's just hope nobody in the area has AV rounds."

Dalton chuckles and nods "Ohh, I Can arrange some things, I can basicly make anyone do what I tell them, so if you have a clever plan, I can make it come about."

"Right, then what do you need me for if you can make one of his own men shoot him in the head?" asks Harume as she pulls out into the street and starts the drive. On the way, she activates some controls and the external cameras and voice recorders come online. "If we can get a recording of what he sounds like… or if you can get it from the mind of a member, then we can run it through this to make -sure- he's there."

Dalton nods "Yea, well, controlling other people is a risky business, if I'm not with the guy, and I try to make him kill his boss, its likely that he will break free of my control. I can implant suggestions, make them have ideas, but there are always drawbacks."

"So not as all powerful as you intimated, eh?" asks Harume with a chuckle. She heads down the road and goes quiet while watching the road. Finally, into the warrens and towards the target location. Once there, she pulls into an alleyway before turning to face out of the alley. Cameras online and surveying the area. "All we need to do now is wait."

You find a quiet place to park, in the right area, but for the moment you see no gangers around that match the colors of the Crimson Blades. Only time will tell if you find what your looking for.

Dalton nods and stands up "Alright, one second." Suddenly, he is covered by a black shadowy cloak and hood, the cloak blows as if caught in a breeze, and then, he vanishes.

«Plot» Dalton casts Levitate and Improved INvisibilty, going to handwave the rolls cause they are not hard.

Well, patience is a virtue. Harume engages her generator and cuts the engine before going to brew a pot of tea. She has the computer working to run the video surveillance to try to find any of the right colors and she sips her tea as she waits. Dalton has vanished, and so she opens the door to let him out and leaves it unlocked while drawing her Manhunter and laying it on her lap
Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Alright, I'm going up on a few buildings to watch, if you spot one, let me know and I'll open his mind up"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Greater than 6, Hour 1":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Greater than 6, Hour 2":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Greater than 6, Hour 3":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Greater than 6, Hour 4":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Greater than 6, Hour 5":
8

Time passes, an hour goes by, and no sign of the gangers your looking for. Gunfire sounds in the distance, but nothing in your immediate area.

Dalton waits paitently on top of a building, keeping an eye on the streets, trying to find some sign of thier prey.

So of course, Harume waits. This is her home, the van… she doesn't need to worry. She even gets some noodles out of the cupboard and starts heating up water to boil them in. "Hungry?" comes her voice over the comm (that is, if you're monitoring yours)
Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton chuckles "Not really, though I'm thinking of learning a spell to create food.

Hours pass, its rather dull tonight, and luckily its quiet for you all. About 3 am though, you see them. A group of four gangers walking down the street, obviously drunk, making thier way towards parts unknown.

An audible alert from the computer gets Harume to look at the screen. "Contact." she remarks as she heads for the exit. She reaches up and pulls the form fitting armored hood up over her head and even slides the bit about over the mouth and nose, almost ninjalike. "Do you need me to subdue them first?"
Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "No…ok, I see them, no, this is ok, they appear drunk, so I can just read thier mind and they will just think thier mind is wandering. Let me find out where the boss is, then we can figure out what to do next."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Dealing with BGcount of 2":
1 1 3 3 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Casting against 4 Willpower, +1 BGcount. F3 Mind Probe.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 8 8 9 11 22 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 - 6 vs TN 5 for "Casting against 4 Willpower, +1 BGcount. F3 Mind Probe. KP:4":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 - 7 vs TN 5 for "Casting against 4 Willpower, +1 BGcount. F3 Mind Probe. KP:6":
1 3 3 3 4 4 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "Resistng S drain, need 4 successes due to TD":
1 2 4 5 5 7 8 11 = 7 Successes

Dalton looks over the rooftop, picking out a ganger, and then concentrating to focus his mind, he draws the mana energy and hurls it forward towards the figure, wrapping it about his head and sticking tendrils into his brain, leeaching out the information he needs. He quickly inquires about what Creed looks like, where he is, what kind of threat is he, is he ever alone."

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Ok, I got where he is, what he looks like, how badass he is, you got any questions for the guy?"

"Security precautions… what kinda girls he likes… is he alone?" offers Harume. She leans on the van for the moment and asks, "Where does he sleep?"

Dalton takes the time to probe the mind of the ganger for this information. At this point, the ganger is very confused, and leans against a nearby wall while his companions ask him what the frag is wrong with him, can he not take his liquer, is he a fraggen slitch, you know, friends supporting you.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Got it. They sleep in an apartment building down the street, most of the gang lives there. Creed has his own room with his girl on the top floor."

The gangers are still heckling thier friend, one of them now asking if they have to carry him home, and finally the ganger in question stands up straight, and they continue walking on.

"Understood." offers Harume as she re-enters the van. "Rooftop entrance then. It'd be great if we could convince him to somehow have some fun with his girl and then step towards the windows, or maybe on a balcony. No need to go into point blank if I can just take the shot from across the street. But if that's not possible, I can do intrusion. I'm not really the up close wet work specialist…"
Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Alright, well, what do you want me to do? I've told you what I'm capable of, got any suggestions?"

"If we could get one of his guys to -deliver- a new girl for him to try out…. in private of course." suggests Harume. "I suppose I could get in that way, unless you can get one of these guys to need to have a private chat with Creed near a window."
Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Alright, that I can do, Creed is a big guy, about 6'6", hispanic, dark hair, dark eyes. I'll control one of his cronies, and see if I can get him to convince creed to look out the window. I'm going to fly down to the building, tell me when your in position."

Grabbing her rifle inside, Harume changes out of her normal armor and puts on her urban camo suit. Once that's done, she moves into position and gets herself arranged on the rooftop across the street from the designated building. If it so happens that she can't get the shot, there's always the backup plan of having you levitate her over to that rooftop…

And once there, her radio sends the signal. 'In position.'

The target apartment building is rather dark at 3:30 in the morning, most of the gangers are asleep by now, having done thier dirty deeds earlier in the evening. Downstairs, on the front steps, are two gangers, the guards, they are both carrying SMGs and sporting armored jackets.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Alright, I'm up here with you, I'm going to get one of the front door guards to go get Creed"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Centering away BG2":
2 3 3 7 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Gangers Will is 4, need 2 Successes over his resistance for this.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 7 10 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Gangers Will is 4, need 2 Successes over his resistance for this. KP:7":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower vs TN 4 for "Resisting S damage, need 4 successes.":
1 1 3 3 4 5 8 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Ganger resisting the spell":
2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

One of the guards downstairs straightens up, then looks to his buddy "I gotta go inside for a minute." he then turns and heads into the building. He makes his way upstairs, starting to run until he hits the top floor. Once there he heads down the hallway and bangs on Creeds door. "Creed get the frag up!" he shouts "Look out the fraggen window, we are surrounded by trogs!" more banging "Get the frag up Creed!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "Dice of Mystery. If this is a 1 or 2, Creed does not look out the window, instead he talks to the ganger.":
3

A man appears at the window, large, tanned skinned, and peering out on the street below. He looks pissed.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 1 for "+5 Creeds Init":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Harume (#6808) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[]» Harume (#6808) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4:
1 2 2 3 4 7 19 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Dalton says, "Base Damage is 8M, Burst fire makes it 11S with 3 successes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 8 vs TN 11 for "Guy has dermal plates, does he soak any?":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 8 vs TN 11 for "Guy has dermal plates, does he soak any? KP:1":
2 2 4 5 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 8 vs TN 11 for "Guy has dermal plates, does he soak any? KP:3":
2 2 3 4 4 4 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 8 vs TN 11 for "Guy has dermal plates, does he soak any? KP:6":
1 3 4 4 5 5 8 10 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Dalton says, "Creed takes 11D damage, and is dying."

Creed goes down, falling backwards from the window and landing on the ground out of sight in the room. You look like you hit him good.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Trying to help, hangon"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Lets see if the ganger can resist my spell":
5 5 8 10 = 2 Successes

Apparently, the ganger at the door refuses to follow the orders to burst in and shoot Creed, ohh well.

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Fire a grenade in there"

Narrowing her eyes, Harume picks out her target and places a three round burst into Creed's chest. Then she shakes her head. Over the comm, she remarks, "All I have are smoke and flash grenades." She gets up in a crouch and moves about thirty feet to her left just in case anyone peeks out towards where she -was- firing from. Then she hunkers down and looks into the room once more, preparing to shoot anyone who comes to check on the guy.

Dalton grunts «Fine, I'll fly over to the window and finish him off, you get moving.» With that said, Dalton zips across the way and looks in the window, summoning forth magical energy to throw a powerbolt at the dying man. Unfortinately, in his state, there is little he can do to resist it.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 vs TN 8 for "Casting, TN is his Body, this sucks.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 7 9 10 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "REsisting D drain, need 6 successes":
2 2 2 5 5 9 9 15 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls Willpower - 5 vs TN 3 for "REsisting D drain, need 6 successes KP:8":
4 4 7 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dalton (#8435) rolls 8 vs TN 8 for "Base TN was 5 for the powerbolt, +3 for wound mods on the guy. He needs 3 succeses to live":
1 1 2 3 4 4 5 10 = 1 Success

Inside the room, magical energy lashes forth and basicly makes the dying man explode in a bloody mess, blood splatters over the window panes, and Dalton flies off towards his teammate. The gangers of course, are all in confusion, some of them are checking on Creed, others are running across the street to start climbing up the building to find the sniper.

"Well, we -do- need to be a team to earn the cash." That said, Harume gets to her feet and heads for the edge of the building. She pulls out her stealth Grapple line device and waits for the majority of the guys below to get into the building before she picks the most unoccupied side of the building to clip the line to and start playing out line to get to the ground. Once there, with her camo armor, she retracts the line and starts trying to sneak off.
«Auto-Judge[]» Harume (#6808) rolls Athletics vs TN 4:
3 10 = 1 Success

Commlink-Nightmare> Dalton says, "Well, I guess this concludes our nightly business, a pleasure working with a beautiful woman such as yourself, call me anytime you need magical backup. You have my number."

Down on the ground, Harume heads off through the alleys. She slings her rifle and keeps to the shadows as she takes about five to ten minutes to get to her vehicle. Transducing her radio, she sends a 'Thank you for the assist. Will do.'
«Plot» Frostlog says, "END!"

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License