Bunzilla
GM: Slinger
Players: Slinger (GM, Johnson), Page (Co-GM, Johnson), Popper, Julian, Aurora Six, Dane.
Synopsis: It looks like the sale is going to go through, and Page is already out scoping the land. But Page has a problem. He has to build his house right /there/ — energy flows and all that. The trouble is, the land is already occupied. By innocent-looking, cute little bunnies. The Bunnies, however, don't like the idea of moving. And they are /cute/. Too cute to be real, in fact.
So a sniper, a troll, a weapons specialist, a mage, and an all-around outdoorsman suddenly have to figure out how to capture bunnies. The trouble is, they're endangered, so care must be taken with any bodies.
Date: July 31, 2069.

This 'cuteness' has a strange effect on Humans. It makes them weak!
— Invader Zim


Part I: Feng Shui


Ring! Caller ID? Yep, it's Page again. "Hey Slinger. Doing much today?"

"Yeah. Looks like the sale's gonna go through. I'll give you the details, but you can basically plan on it. This guy /had/ a buyer. But we talked her out of it," he says with a casual grin. "So whatcha need?"

"Oh, just over here at the plot, confirming a few compass directions and all. I think I've found the perfect spot for ths house. But…" Page trails off, then makes a grumbling noise you're somewhat familiar with at this point, muttering while grinding his teeth. "I just can't … /deal/ with this right now."

"Deal with /what/?" Slinger asks, warily. And he lets out a sigh, reaches for his keys and his smokes. He's going to have to head out there, he just knows it. He's already walking out toward the SUV. Measurements. "Is there something wrong with the land? Too much of a slope or somethin'? Wrong kind of grass?"

"Well," Page says testily, "it's got these holes in it." He pauses. "And the holes have things in them."

"I'll be out there in a few. Sit tight." Holes? Things? Slinger lights up a cigarette, inhales a deep drag of toxic, unfiltered smoke. He's going to need it. Fortunately, it's not that far of a drive out to the land, though he does park some distance away. No need for anybody to recognize the SUV they saw being attacked by an elemental a few days before.

Page is waiting when the elf gets there. He looks… thoroughly put out. "Come on," he says as Slinger exits the vehicle. "They're right over this way." Perhaps fifty meters in, and Page points dramatically at a little mound of earth. "/There/," he says.

Slinger walks along, tempted to go invisible. But right now, a buyer for the land might be a welcome thing, in the view of the neighbors. Over in the distance, the charred fencing still lingers, making Slinger wince when he thinks about what got done there. He still needs to talk to Orpheus about that, at length. But for now, business. And his gaze falls upon the small mound. "Is it just me," the elfin youth quips, after a drag from his cigarette. "Or are you, in fact, making a mountain out of a molehill?" he asks, unable to suppress an impish grin.

"They're not moles," Page replies, "They're - shhh!" He lowers his voice to a soft whisper, pointing to another burrow a few meters away. From it, a … rabbit pokes his head out. Floppy ears, white and black mottled fur.

Slinger steps forward cautiously. It looks like a bunny, but that's before he adjusts his vision, before he slips into dual-naturedness, to check what it /actually/ is. And the answer is… a bunny. "I'm not sure I understand. It's a rabbit. We put out some traps, bait 'em with carrots…"

Page uh huhs. He sounds skeptical. "Why not just levitate it?" he suggests.

"Where would I put it?" Slinger asks. But just for fun, he does so, concentrating for a moment. Shouldn't be hard to lift a little bunny out of its hole. They can't weigh very…"

And then the rabbit turns and looks at Slinger.
The rabbits eyes.. it's like they're liquid pools of sadness, looking at you and asking, "Why?" with big, tearful, Bambi-like eyes. It makes your knees weak, your lips falter on words, the emotion going straight from the crown of your head to the pit of your stomach.

Slinger is… vulnerable, to that sort of thing. But he sets his jaw and tries to act, anyway. It's just levitation, not like he's trying to /blast/ the bunny into oblivion. He would never do such a thing. It's… cute, though. And fluffy. He wants to cuddle it, not levitate it. And he lowers his hand, a little, faltering…
"Oh."

"Exactly," Page says, grumbling, watching the rabbit as it comes to its senses and hops back in its hole. "What the heck are the things?"
Page adds, "And how can we get rid of them?"

"Some kind of paracritter," Slinger says, shaking his head. "Some sort of… parabunny?" The feelings of guilt are starting to fade, though still linger. He turns his head back to Page. "Get /rid/ of them? Can't you just… you know, build around them?" he asks, hesitantly. "I mean… they're cute. They just wanna live."

Page pokes Slinger with a finger. "No. I will not have rabbits burrowing through my Earth elemental circles and /looking/ at me like that while I'm trying to summon something." He huffs a breath, then adds, "The feeling wears off in a minute, too."

Slinger nods thoughtfully. "Traps," he says firmly. "Only way to do it. Traps don't melt when you look at 'em and get all cute and fuzzy. Find out what they eat, put something scrumptious in there, and boom. Caged bunny. Just make the walls of the trap translucent or somethin', so it can't /see/ us…

Page shrugs his shoulders. "If it works, great. I don't know how many of 'em are down there, or how to get 'em out, so….." He claps Slinger on the back. "Good luck with that. I'm still working Popper over. We're almost done, though."

Slinger rolls his eyes. "Great. Just great," the youth drawls. "What are you willin' to pay for dealin' with this pest problem?" the kid asks, as he eyes the hole, then glances around. How many other holes are there?

Looks like… oh, two or three, definately. Can't be that many… right? Page shrugs his shoulders. "Depends on how hard it is, I suppose. It's not like they're particularly /dangerous/ or anything right? I mean, they're /rabbits/."

Slinger nods, grinning. "Yeah. Well, shouldn't be that hard," the youth agrees. "All right. So what's my budget?" Slinger asks Page. "'Cause I'm sorry, pest control counts as work, and people are gonna want to get paid."

Page waves his hands vaguely, heading back towards the SUV. "Call it ten kay apiece. Should be easy money, right?" As the two leave, beady, glowing red eyes watch from the darkness of one of the burrows…

Ten kay. Slinger can work with that. He nods once. "Gotcha. I'll get a group together, and we'll take care of this. Startin' with some traps," he says firmly. He lights up a fresh cigarette, and starts to toss the butt down into the burrow — but thinks better of it. He doesn't want to deal with /that/ feeling again.

Page comments, "Maybe the zoo will want them, who knows."

Slinger nods. "All right. I'll put a call out. We'll need people who are strong-willed. Don't have to be all that strong. But we'll see."


Part II: Shadowrunners


Through various IC channels, Slinger has put out the word for some… exterminating work. The location of the meeting is in a field, in a rather nice area of town, though not a gated community. A decent sized vacant lot in the middle of a residential neighborhood. There are scorch marks on the fence of a nearby house, and the smell of burned fur still lingers lightly in the air. The remnants of a grass fire still discolor the field itself, blackened circles in the waist-high grass.

Dane grabs the sporting rifle and his duffle bags after donning woodland camo for this excursion and then drives and parks somewhere blocks away before he gets out and locks the Ford Americar (LS Style) and then heads to trek out into the field, taking his gun with him, also checking tracks.
Julian shows up on site with a gigantic duffelbag. He looks around, waiting for the other runners to arrive.
Popper gears up with the paired pistols and his sports rifle, leaving the heavy guns in the rig along with his armor and the demo. Maker gets parked nearby and he enters on foot after locking up.
Aurora Six shows up in a nice suit, looking like he belongs there and parking his skycar a few blocks away. He walks along, holding an umbrella and using it like a cane.
Julian looks among the others. "You're the other exterminators?" The big trog shifts the weight of the bag on his shoulder.

Slinger… finally emerges from a wooded area near the back of the lot, and drops his invisibility spell as he comes out to meet the others. Luckily, it's during the day, and there's enough shelter from the road that hopefully we can avoid drawing too much attention. He eyes the runners he was sent. Dane he knows. Popper he knows. Hoo boy. And… "Hey, you!" he calls to Julian, grinning. "When'd you get back into town?"

Aurora Six shifts his sunglasses a bit, eyeing the crowd. His brow furrows slightly as he approaches the group.
Popper just stands at ease, rifle sling over one shoulder. He nods to Julian when asked, but otherwise remains silent.
Aurora Six shakes his head. "* * * * * * * * * *"he mutters. (Italian)
Julian quirks an eyebrow in confusion, then nods to Aurora. "Uh…yeah… you too."
Popper chuckles and replies "* * * * * *" (Italian)
Aurora Six puts an index finger to the brim of his fedora and nods to Popper.

Dane fits the hunter motif, in his woodland camo, and he nods slightly to the others when he arrives and stands up from his tracker's crouch. "Hoi."
Popper returns the casual salute with a nod and a smile.
Dane smiles faintly to everyone here, having at least done some work at least once with each and every one. He then glances around them out of precautionary habit before looking again to Slinger, and Dane waits quietly now.

"Right," Slinger says. "I know all but you," Slinger comments, to Aurora Six. "You able to vouch for him?" he asks Popper, curtly. "The mission be simple, though. See those holes? We got rabbits. So we gotta get the rabbits out of here. They're all endangered and stuff, too, so we're not s'posed to just kill 'em. But Page wants them off his land. Discreetly.

Popper nods. "Aurora's solid. Worked with 'im in th' past. Good with 'is hands." he replies when asked.
The Ork chuckles, "Well.." he says, "Been a while since I needed a voucher but gratzi amico." he says to Popper.

Dane nods after what Pops says about A6, "He is good. And, sounds good. I am in." and then Dane slings his rifle, apparently considering it unneeded.
Popper nods. "De nada."
"We're… hunting endangered rabbits?" The Ork says, turning back towards the johnson and putting the umbrella up over his shoulder point side up. "On some fool's lawn?" he looks down at his suit. "It would seem I'm a bit over dressed."

Slinger chuckles. "Well, the mission spec did indicate preparing to get your hands dirty. In retrospect," Slinger adds, lighting up a cancer stick, "I should have been more specific."

Popper chuckles. "Endangered rabbits. Page's lawn… I'm thinkin 'bout six feet tall, fangs 'bout 's long's yer arm… mebbe a lil firebreathin, who knows."
Julian nods. "If we can get to the lowest point of the burrow, I can set off a charge to collapse the tunnels.
Aurora Six says "Given the neighborhood I thought it would draw attention to show up in full combat gear."

Slinger chuckles. "Job pays ten kay each. Page is funding this out of pocket. And that'd work cool, my friend," he comments to Julian. "However, I think you will fit /poorly/ down a rabbit hole." He gestures to a few of the holes that he has found. "Page wants them /all/ eliminated. There's a problem, though. You will find it very difficult to actually, say, shoot them. Or cast spells on them. Or attack them. You'll see what I mean."

Popper just nods and smirks.
Aurora Six shrugs faintly, loosening his tie. "So, what are these things exactly? I assume they're not your average endangered coursing hare." he says. "And what sort of cred are we …." he stops as Slinger speaks up. "Ten kay each for rabbits… interesting." he ponders for a second. "But you want them removed, not killed, correct?"
Julian nods and rumages around in his bag, pulling out a collapsable shovel. "I stopped by the Army Surplus"

Dane pauses while listening to them all and then frowns some, "Eh… We do have to kill em? Cannot just bring in electronics to sound them out?"

Slinger chuckles softly. "I see. There's a problem, though. I don't think Page wants the ground disrupted any more than necessary, and digging down twenty feet or so would do that. Especially if you miss the first time," he points out.
About that time, between Julian's legs, a bit of grass moves aside — and up pops the cutest bunny rabbit anybody has ever seen… it's so /cute/!

Dane says "You do know they make vacuums for dogs and rabbits, right?"
Slinger shakes his head. "Page is thinking zoo-ish stuff," he says casually. "I mean, they /are/ endangered, so whatever we do, we'd have to be /real/ careful to hide the bodies if we do kill 'em. Hopin' we don't have to."

Popper studies the rabbit at his feet, running through a series of visual spectrum options from magnification to microscopic, even hitting a little ultrasound just in case. "Got one kid. Dead or alive?"
Aurora Six points between Julian's legs. "Would that be one of the offending critters there?"
Dane glances to the critter and then nods some, "Tis a rabbit, aye."

The rabbit pops a little further out of the hole, whiskers twitching curiously. It looks so harmless, so cute… and looks back at the Shadowrunners who are looking at /it/.

Popper says "Kid? Dead's fine with me if you don' speak up right quick."

Dane crouches and then just watches the little fuzzy thing, "No killin."

Slinger just stares at the thing, and shakes his head. "Dead? How in the heck could you hurt something /that/ adorable?" he asks. And indeed, the thing /is/ adorable. Cute little eyes. The sort of eyes that look up at you and want to know why, why is there evil in the world?

Julian looks down between his legs and quirks an eyebrow. "What the frag?" He sniffs and leans down, grabbing the scruff of the things neck and hauls it out of the ground and bring it up to head level to examine it.

«Plot» Slinger says, "I need a willpower roll before you can do that, Julian. TN is 6."

"Adorable.. .feh." The Ork says. "Get me some hot sauce."
Popper replies "'cause rabbit tastes good." but obeys the ROE, dropping the mags from his weapons and reloading with gel rounds before sighting in on the bunny.

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 3 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "In effect, everyone is under the power of Confusion, Force 6. It takes the form of /cuteness/."

Dane is completely smitten by these animals, "Let's dump them on corp property. Somewhere where they can be free, the kind of places that are forgetten about. Yeah."

«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 6 vs TN 6:
1 2 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "Okay, Julian. You can try to grab it. Need a quickness test, TN is 11 effectively."
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 11:
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 7 8 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 11 for "Kp1/12":
1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 22 = 1 Success

Julian has a bunny. It's squirming… and looking so… /adorable/… and it lets out a sudden, high-pitched /squeal/ of terror…

Popper looks at the bunny for a moment, grumbles something very nasty sounding in sperethiel, and drops his pistols back into their holsters. "No women, no children, no innocents…. damn thing's 'bout as innocent as it gets." he says removing his pistol belt and rifle.
Aurora Six steps over to one of the holes and kneels to peer down into it. He narrows his eyes, shifting into thermal vision to see if he can get a fix on any heat signatures down there. "Anyone know anything about rabbits?"
"Innocent as dinner." The Ork says, his stomach growling faintly.
Julian winces, though the Dampers in his ears engage immediately, and the worst of it is filtered out. "Son of a slitch, this thing's got some pair of lungs…" He looks around. "Anyone got a damn carrot to shut this thing up? That carrot thing really works, right?" He begins to rummage around in his pocket.

Heat signature… why yes, there is, Aurora. The ork will notice another bit of warmth… and in fact, there is another bunny that pops out of its hole, and it /looks/ at him, with those big, sad, soulful eyes… looks at him, and at the other runners…

Maybe it likes granola.

Popper shakes his head. "Lettuce works better fer most bunnies J." he says dropping into a crouch and studying the rabbit hole.

«Plot» Popper says, "Gonna make a grab for the new bunny if it's in reach."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Sure. Willpoewr check? TN 12."
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Willpower vs TN 12:
2 2 3 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

Popper starts to move for the bunny and pauses… his hands fall to his sides and he simply stares, muttering "Gotta get one fer Angela…she'd love th' little buggers."

Julian pulls from his pocket, Yes it is! A foil-wrapped granola bar. He grips the wrapper in his teeth and tugs, tearing it open. "Oh yeah, who wouldn't love a cute little rabbit?" He offers the bar out to the animal. "Cute little fuzzy ball of VITAS…"
Aurora Six eyes the bunny and reaches down for it. "Alright little one… the guy hiring me said you're not dinner… But you got to move along." he shakes his head trying to sound pleasant so as not to scare the thing away.

«Plot» Slinger says, "Will roll TN 12, Aurora."
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Willpower vs TN 12:
1 1 4 4 7 = 0 Successes

The second bunny hops over toward the first, and /looks/ up at Julian, even as the large troll offers the granola. Mmm. Granola! Munch munch munch. Oh, look. It's eating out of your hand! The hand that could hold about five of these little bunnies. So adorable! If it weren't for the fact that they're in the way, and of course that they breed like, well, rabbits…

Julian grins a bit. "Guys, get over here…" He bends a bit to the side. "Reach into my pocket… I know how we'll do this…"
Popper notices the granola seems to be working and produces a bar of his own from a fatigue pocket. He rips the wrapping open in his teeth and lays the bar in the palm of his hand with the hand resting on the ground.

«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) uses 1 of item 11: Granola Bars from Equipment (#4236).
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) uses 1 of item 11: Granola Bars from Equipment (#4236).
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) uses 1 of item 11: Granola Bars from Equipment (#4236).
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) uses 1 of item 11: Granola Bars from Equipment (#4236).

Julian has in his pocket quite a few granola bars… several in fact. He sets the bunny down and then breaks a peice of the granola bar off and tosses it to the other. "I think we can draw them off… at least enough of them to save." He waves the others over, and begins fishing granola bars out and handing them out.

Aurora Six pages: Can I make an Int check to figure out what's going on?
You paged Aurora Six with 'Sure. TN 16.'.
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Intelligence vs TN 16 (to Slinger):
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 5 5 8 9 15 = 0 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Julian and Popper) Slinger says, "The thing is… you /really/ don't want them off this land. After all, they were here first!"

Aurora Six looks at the little rabbit, his brow furrowed. "You know…you're awful damned cute." he says. "Would you like to come home with me? I've never had a pet before." (Spanish)
The Ork squats down near the rabbit hole, eyeing the fuzzy little thing. He's a being that's made killing an artform, and he's having a cutesie little conversation with a rabbit in Spanish. All in all it's a ridiculous sight to behold.
Julian considers for a moment, then looks around. "Ya know… it occurs to me that this yard is pretty big…" He turns a full circle. "What's Page doing with the land that he needs this space?" He looks back down and watches the bunnies feasting on chocochip granola

Slinger is staying back. "Page is just gonna have to suck it," the youth admits. And curses. "He says it has to be /that/ spot… plus, something about not wanting to have to stare into soulful eyes while he's summoning things."

The bunny munches a few times, then hops over and starts nibbling on grass. The other bunny doesn't seem to want to come home with Aurora. No, it's perfectly fine where it is. Plenty of grass. And now granola!

Popper remains in his squat, staring at the bunnies and absorbing the cute… hardened killer. Decades older than his compatriots, all of it spent ending lives in cold blood… and he's taken out by cute. Fate does have a sense of humor, and it's mean. "These here bunnies look mighty happy chummers… 'cept th' job's t'get 'em off th' land… wonderin… does makin 'em wanna leave count? Nothin mean, o' course… jes mebbe a little 'grass is always greener' action rabbit style?"

Dane goes over and then offers a hand out for some nola from Jules, "Here, I will take some over there." he says and then mentions, "We need bags."
Aurora Six looks over at Popper and says. "I don't get the impression they're going to want to leave. Perhaps we should just call animal control."

«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 5 for "Julian's Civil Engineering Skill":
2 4 4 5 7

Popper shakes his head at the suggestion. "Omae, they was here first, neh? Only reasonable thing t' do is give 'em a better arrangement, neh?"
Julian hands a bar over to Dane then waves his hand. "Hang on, let's not be hasty… there's plenty of room for everyone. These things are endangered, we can't just up and move them and hope they make it ok." He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "What if we built a wall around the circle? Then he wouldn't have to see the rabbits?"

«Plot-Page» (To: Julian) Slinger says, "Really… not much. There's no dogs or anything like that, no predators to speak of. Other than that, it seems fairly typical. A little more wild-growth than the lawns on either side."

Aurora Six gestures at the holes. "They can tunnel." the Ork says simply to Julian.
"If I can convince this one with the brown eyes to come home with me." Aurora muses, looking down at his fuzzy buddy. "I'll name him Enrike after my brother…I'll even buy a few edible plants for an indoor garden…"

Hop. Nibble nibble. Hop. Nibble. So cute!

Julian considers… then nods. "Yeah, I guess… so what if we built the circle on a raised platform or something?" He taes a bite of the granola and chews thoughtfully, looking around. "I mean, I'm no mage, but I don't see a single thing special about this patch of earth, other then these rabbits are already here." He looks to Slinger. "Listen, I know a few mages, I can call in a few old favors and have them come down and help find a new place for the circle."

Slinger calls to the others, from the street where he's leaning against the SUV, "Once you guys are done droolin' over the bunnies, might wanna come over this way," he drawls. He has a fresh cancer stick burning in his lips.

Aurora Six looks up at Slinger briefly and stands to head in his direction. "Something up?"
Popper falls back from the cute onslaught, pulling a smoke from his pocket and lighting up as he moves to join Slinger at the vehicles. There's perhaps a little more swagger in his step as he retreats, maybe a little compensation for being hit with the cuteness.
Julian tosses a few more chunks of granola bar to the bunnies and then meanders over towards Slinger, quirking a brow.

Once you step out of the field, things seem… well, a little less confusing. And you can see the bunnies. They're still cute, but not /overwhelmingly/ so. Even so, the effect is slowly starting to fade before you are out in the street. "So. You see what we're up against. If we get caught shooting them, or blowing them up, or whatever, neighbors call cops, we've got a problem on our hands. So it has to be subtle, but effective. Thoughts?"

Julian considers for a moment. "Well, if we get some fishing lines and a few boxes of granola bars, we could probably lead them off from a safe distance."
The Ork blinks then reaches up to rub at his eyes. "We research what they are first.. and specifically wether or not this cute power they have is effective when they are unconcious.. if not we lure them out then gas the area and pick up the furry little bastards and make a stew." he releases the bridge of his nose
"We could flood the Warren of course." The Ork says. "But then we'd have to go in after them." he looks at Popper. "Might help to find a treat the rabbits really like as well… maybe put up some cages and lure them in… non lethal style."
Popper nods. "I c'n rig somethin fer a non-lethal, prollem is what happens when we gotta go collect th' traps? We end up jes lettin 'em go again?"
Julian shakes his head. "Not if we don't look at them." He says simply, as if it's all he needs to say.
Popper considers for a moment.. "That's… an int'restin thought actually. Solid walls 'n door?"
Julian shakes his head, then taps it. "Ultrasound"
"Really?" The ork says, "Hrm." he taps the side of his sunglasses.
Popper nods. "Got it m'self. So we jes close our eyes 'n use th' sound, eh?"
"Question isn't whether you can see it. This ain't the ravenous bugblatter beast. Question is whether it can see you. Needs to be something they can't see through. I recommend wood, not plastic."
Julian shrugs. "Well if its some kinda mojo their using based on eye contact, it won't work if we can't see their eyes…" He holds up a hand. "Let's go test my theory… if it doesn't work, call me back over will ya?" He blinks and moves over towards the bunnies again.
Aurora Six nods. "Roger."
Popper holds up a hand and says "Hold it" then goes to rummage in his rig. He comes back with a length of rope about 100 m long. "Tie off chummer" he says, then mutters something with a smirk.

Dane seems to be the last one to exit the field, and he shakes his head while blinking a few times. "We could just get a truck and suck them up?"
Julian nods and ties a quick knot around his belt before setting off towards the bunnies.

«Plot-Page» (To: Julian) Slinger says, "It's eerie walking like this. You can't really see the bunnies very well this way — they're too small. But… what if you step on one? That would be horrible, their cute little furry forms going *squish*… yup. You're affected, all right."

Julian shakes his head. "Gah! This won't work. I might step on one. That'd be the same as shooting at it." He reaches into his pocket again. "You guys still hungry?" he says to the bunnies

Hop. Hop hop. Back into the hole. Scurry. Dig dig dig.

Aurora Six shakes his head and looks back at Popper. "Bait and gas?"
Popper considers for a moment, then digs around in his rig again. After a few seconds he comes up with a dart rifle and a box of darts. "Mebbe if we hit 'em from here?"
Dane pulls out a phone and then he starts checking the numbers in the addy book.
Julian returns to the group and then considers. "Well, I have one more idea…" He unzips his bag and rummages around inside, pulling out a ruth cloak…

Dane also searches for something on whatever www.google.com is in 2065, for a rabbit or prairie dog vacuum truck, whatever. He wants a number he can call!

«Plot» Slinger says, "Dane… roll me an Etiquette check."
«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Etiquette + 1 (KP1) for "Eti Check!":
2 2 4 5 7

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Ring. Click. "Joe's Critter Control. If it squeaks, we geek!""

«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 6 for "Steath, +12 to spot":
1 1 3 4 5 10

Julian slips into the suit and fades from view. "Let's try again…" he begins to move slowly in the direction of the bunnies…
«Plot-Page» (To: Julian and Jackson) Slinger says, "Where are those damned little things? No bunnies in sight. Nope, you can feel pretty irritated at them…"
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "All right, Slackers… who's got Ruth?"

Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Got it in th' rig, that trick work?"
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Sold mine… but if they can see your spirit that's not gonna help."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Seems to be working ok so far, chummer… maybe I don't have a soul."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Think about eating one."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Rabbits are quite nice broiled.. low in fat, high in protein."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Low resource consumption to meat ratio…next to rats they're the perfect survival food."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "So bag one and bring it back already. Lessee some magic."

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "Hello. I would like to rent one of those suck trucks for small animal removal."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "What kinda animal? And you got a licensed operator? Only licensed operators are allowed to work on 'em."

Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Trick is to marinate it overnight… some Italian dressing maybe?""
Julian pulls out another granola bar, breaking off a chunk and dropping it nearby, with quick striking distance.
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "ALright.. I'll go get a duffle bag."
Aurora Six turns and heads back to his van to find a spare duffle bag to put the little fuzzballs in.
«Plot-Page» (To: Julian) Slinger says, "You're not seeing any bunnies."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Check yer tie-off. Don' want ye gettin stuck in there."
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "Just some prairie dog size animals, little. And, licensed operators? For a suck truck? Are you sure, sir? That seems somewhat extravagant for trying to use nonlethal means. I mean, hell. I got money, how much money would it take to get this done for a day?"
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "They're not biting… I need some bait. One of you tie off and come over here."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Gimme a sec."
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "I will dump out a duffle bag into the gunsafe, grab a few snack pretzle kinda things from the van and return."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Lemme get suited up."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "No, stay visible"

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Well, we can send one of our guys. You think a day, huh? Daily rental on the truck is 2,000 =Y=, plus the operator is another 800 =Y=, travel time, insurance… comes to 3,250 =Y=."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "I do gotta know what kind of critters, though. Some kinds of things is extra."

Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Sure?"

Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "They need to sense you or they won't come out. You're going to draw 1 out of the hole, and I'll grab it."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Roger."
Popper hands hte rope to Aurora, saying "Six, yer th' muscle here. Give a yank if I don' come back." as he ties off before heading into the field of deadly cute.
Aurora Six comes walking back over. "One rabbit grabbing bag." the Ork says, holding it up.
Aurora Six nods and hands the bag to Popper. "No problem… "
Popper takes the bag before heading out, chuckling and shaking his head.
The Ork takes hold of the rope and wraps it once around his body and then round his left hand in front of him to ensure a good tight grip.

The field is empty. It's slowly edging toward afternoon, and so far nobody has paid any attention to the group in the field. Figuring them for surveyors, perhaps. It's an empty field, after all.

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I have to say at this point that my career choice has only very rarely been dull but it definately has been varied."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Varied, huh? First time I ever needed t' belay so I could catch a rabbit, I'll say that."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Try to find a rock to throw into the hole… if not, I have something that will do the job… albiet with a bit of collateral damage."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Roger."

Sure, there are rocks. Big rocks, little rocks, even rocks with chicken pox.

Popper grabs a little rock and flips it into the hole he last saw a rabbit pop out of.
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Well….. hold up a second."

Thunk, roll roll, clatter. Clatter. Thump.

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "They come out when they see you.. I'll sit over there and play bunny babysitter… and you folks bag 'em."
Popper takes a piece of granola bar from his pocket and squats down with it in an outstretched hand.

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "Ok, look, extra? How about 2 grand more extra to get me a truck where I want to drive it? Does that cover everything? I can give 3k over if it does not."

«OOC» Aurora Six says, "There a fire hydrant or something nearby?"

No fire hydrant on this block. There is a fire hydrant down about half a block.

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "The guy on the phone sounds suspicious. "Exactly what kind of critters are we talking?" he asks, his voice very slow, with a bit of an edge to it."
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane speaks calmly, but he does have a slight edge to match the intonation of the guy, but then becomes more desperate at the end, "We are talking about prairie dogs, and I want them off this GD land. Do you understand? They ruin my wife's flower garden and make holes in our field. Now, sir, you can have this money, or we can take our business elsewhere. Do you know what it is like to live with traditional women? I mean, do you? Please, sir."

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Objections? Because i don't think this rope is necessary just yet. Or Dane could do it.. just to lure them out."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "If that doesn't work, we can get irresponsible."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Gimme that again? I ain' really followin ye."
Popper stays squatting in the middle of the field with his granola bar filled hand outstretched and a look of, well, confusion on his face.
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I drop the rope and walk over there… hold out the granola and coax the furry fuckers out.. You guys grab 'em and put 'em in the bag."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Since you're both ruthed it's unlikely I'll see you and tryto stop you."

Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "A concussion grenade down the rabbit hole will provide maximum effect while minimizng displacing on the soil."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "yeah.. and then you'll have to go down into the holes to get the rabbits."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Same reason I ain' offered m' NSX grens."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "So we get a rigger with a crawler drone down here to go spelunking"

Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Uhh… I might have somethin actually. Go check th' third storage compartment back in Maker."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six chuckles into the commlink muttering something in Spanish.

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "The guy chuckles, relaxing. "Seriously. The quote I gave you works fine for prairie dogs. I can send our guy out… lessee. Next friday's the next opening.""
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "No, I want the truck -today- before she gets home from visiting her mom. Look, I will -pay- just, can I get the truck already, today? Or, if not from you, who else might have one? She wants to plant -more- flowers out here Wednesday."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Huh. You wanna pay double-time, he can come by once he finishes this job. But it'll be double-time. Extra two thousand. That work?"

Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "You a rigger?"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "No. But I hear ye c'n program 'em somehow without it… dunno. Never tried."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Knew a drek hot rigger once. Name o' Silent Feather."
Dane is over griping at someone on the royal blue pocket secretary, talking biz.

Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Ok, that's half helpful… why the frag aren't they coming out? They popped right up last time."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "You can also control them by feeing them commands and having them execute them."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "That's what I 'member, yeah."
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "I remember SF. Man, whatever happened to her?"
Commlink-Reaper> Poppergrowls "Don' ask."

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane sighs defeated, "I already said I would give you extra, sir, yes. That is fine."
Dane checks Nav Dat, and he uses his Navigational skills to pick a location a bit aways where he can tell them to go, somewhere with a field.
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Right. Truck'll be at your location in an hour. Payment due on arrival. Gophers shouldn't be an issue."
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "I said, prairie dog size. And, my location? I am not at home right now. I want it to be on the side of the road at <x>."
Dane picks a spot with the use of ME3 that he saw earlier and that is nearby, but not within visual distance if possible, also MATHSPU3 to judge walking distance.
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Wait. No, you said prairie dog. Look… what is this you're wanting us to do?"
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "I said prairie dog, YES. I want a truck at <x> location. I want it there to use on my field, okay? Today. As soon as possible." Dane sounds like he might have a breakdown, "Before Sheilah comes home.""
Dane is getting pretty emo over there, "I said -prairie dog. YES." and then looks quite sad, "I want it before Sheilah comes home."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "All right. We're on our way. Just… some people try to use us to clean up endangered species, so we gotta be real careful, you know?"

Aurora Six shrugs and heads over to get Popper's ferret from his truck.
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Your rig isn't going to bite me is it?"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Nah. It's unlocked. We're right here."
Popper sighs and tucks the bit of granola back into his pocket as he stands up. He's shaking his head as he walks back to the edge of the field.
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "They ain' bitin."
Aurora Six comes back over, hauling this ferret drone with him.
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Maybe you're scaring them."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Didn't seem scared o' me b'fore."

Hey, look. Movement. There's a big troll with granola. This particular rabbit, though, is… larger.

Popper takes the ferret and plugs in to try giving it a few simple commands. Seen it done, maybe he can figure out how to do it himself.
Popper turns to eye the field as he considers what orders to give, then stops cold when he sees movement.
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Hold tight, we have movement"
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "You know.. I've got some canisters of that freeze foam stuff."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xHQgaqFbFvE/RavzrDs1adI/AAAAAAAAAA8/jih-ryxprd0/s400/giantrabbit2.jpg

Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "This far out I feel ok thinkin o' some willie pete… betcha I couldn't think that out there though."
Julian stays relatively still under the ruth cloak, slowly reaching out to unzip his dufflebag again. This time when he reaches in, an assualt rifle is fished out. When Julain's hand wraps around the grip, the ruth coating on the weapon engages and the gun becomes as invisible as he himself is…
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Uhh… yeah. This could be a problem."
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "And like most problems… the solution is the appropriate application of ordinance…"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Plan B is not twice as much Semtex. The inverse square law calls fer eight times as much."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Bit much on the Collateral damage I think, Reaper"

Megabunny nibbles some grass. And then some fragments of granola. And then it lifts its head — and /looks/ right at Julian. And hops at him. Once, twice, looking… rather menacingly cute.

Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "A joke chummer. Ye gotta be a demo-head t' get it I think."
Aurora Six whistles at the big rabbit. "Imagine the pair of boot warmers I could make out of that guy."
Julian stays very still, and is silent… the invisible weapon is held at the ready, APDS ammo loaded into the caseless chamber, and a red target cross in his field of vision. His transducer tells the whole story…
Commlink-Julian> Julian says, "Yellow Alert… This may be going of in a few seconds… stand by…"
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I hope it's silenced."
Popper slowly lowers the drone to the ground, dropping into a kneel as he does so. Once down he swings the dart rifle up to take aim with great caution.
«Plot» Julian is holding his action until the Bunny makes an offensive action

Hop. Eye. There's another bunny, now, looking at Julian. And then… the cute bunny does a cute little hop, and cutely launches itself at the troll.

«Plot» Slinger says, "Init."
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Initiative with a result of 21.
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 5 for "+12":
1 1 3 4 5
«Plot» Julian says, "31"
«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Initiative with a result of 13.
«Plot» Popper says, "I'm on the edge of the field with the dart rifle sighted in on BunBun."
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Initiative with a result of 36.

Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Guys, I got a truck heading to a location some paces away from here out of sight, but dammit, what the hell is going on here?"
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "I am somewhere near the field but outside of range of cuteness."
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "The bun bun is leaping at something I can't see? I hold action"
«Plot» Julian says, "Two bursts"
«Plot» Slinger says, "Willpower check, please. TN 12."
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 6 vs TN 12:
3 5 5 7 10 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 6 vs TN 12 for "Kp2/12":
2 3 4 5 5 16 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "You can act. TN is 4 (short range) + 2 (target running) - 2 (smartlink) + 12 (confusion). 16."
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 12 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 1":
1 1 1 3 4 5 7 9 10 22 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 12 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 1 KP3/12":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Bunny dodging first burst.":
1 1 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Bunny dodging first burst, KP 1":
1 1 2 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Bunny dodging first burst, KP 3":
1 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 - 1 vs TN 5 for "Bunny dodging first burst, KP 3":
4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "Dodged. Second burst?"
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 16 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 2":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 (to no one) for 'Neighbor hears this?':
3 3 5 8
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 16 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 2~kp4/12":
1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 11 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 16 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 2~kp6/12":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 10 vs TN 16 for "Skill 5+cp. 3 round burst, base damage 11S APDS Burst 2~kp10/12":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

Julian should not have waited, he should have taken the shot when the thing was distracted, and now he's going to pay for it. His six shots miss and the big bunny thing is bearing down on him.

«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 vs TN 5 (to Slinger) for "Neighbor 1, perception.":
1 2 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 4 vs TN 5 (to Slinger) for "Neighbor 2, perception.":
5 7 7 10 = 4 Successes

Gunfire shoots out from the large weapon, ripping into the dirt and spraying up huge chunks of it into the air. Somewhere, a dog starts barking anxiously from the sound, which echoes off the houses…

//«OOC» Aurora Six says, "I assume I saw the weapon firing."
«OOC» Slinger says, "You did. Next up after Julian is… it."
«OOC» Aurora Six says, "So thta means I know it's attacking something. I'll take my action after julian."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 8 (reaction) + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Vorpal bunny attack! Troll has reach on me.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 10 11 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Your TN will be 4 + 12 or 16."
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 7 vs TN 16 for "This is gonna hurt":
1 2 2 2 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Something occurs to you. That bunny there? It's /way/ too big to fit into a hose."
«OOC» Slinger says, "11D coming at you. Impact armor counts for full. No TN penalty on the Damage Resistance test."
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 11 vs TN 7 for "Need 8":
1 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 11 - 2 vs TN 7 for "Need 8 kp 10/12":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 15 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Julian (#8529) rolls 11 - 3 vs TN 7 for "Need 8 kp 12/12":
1 1 2 2 3 4 9 10 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Julian says, "Stand at M"
/

«Plot» Aurora Six says, "k.. pop my right Pred and shoot the fucker"

The rabbit launches itself at the troll. For a moment, it is comical, but this particular bunny goes for the throat! It bites down, and there's blood, lotsa blood… though a troll is big and tough.

«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Magical Background:
2 3 8 10

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "You have… heard about these. North American Indian Lop-Eared Parabunny. They are very rare, very endangered. Native to this region. Less than 500 known in the wild. You remember actually seeing a special on the trid about them long, long ago…"

«OOC» Slinger says, "Willpower check, TN is 6."
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 2 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 3 4 4 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» Slinger says, "Okay. You can act. Your TN to shoot the thing is going to be… TN 6 (long range) + 2 (partial cover from troll in melee) - 2 (smartlink I assume) + 6 (confusion) = TN 12. You can aim for a simple action to decrease TN by 1. Or aim for both simples this turn, and aim-shoot next turn, taking you down to TN 9."
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "I'll aim twice and fire next action."

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 3 4 5 10 13 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Popper says, "NSX dart rounds. SA dart rifle, uses sports rifle ranges."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Short range. TN is 4 base, +2 partial cover, -2 SL II, +6 spirit, TN 10."

It's a cute little vicious carnivorous uberBunny of Doom!

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 10:
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 10 for "Kp 3/4":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 9 10 13 29 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Popper says, "8S stun at the end of the next turn. If it resists it's at +2 TN for everything."
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 10:
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 10 for "KP 2/4":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 1 Success

Popper breathes easily, the rifle stock held to his cheek as he sights in on the rabbit from hell. He strokes the trigger gently twice, sending the small darts downrange with small puffs of compressed air.

«OOC» Dane says, "Can I target from here? I'm on the fringe of the field with my sa sports rifle on a sling."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Simple Action ready, Simple Action fire, if you want. Short Range. And there's still gonna be partial cover from the troll. And +6 TN…"
«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 11 for "TN4 +2(Partial Cover from Troll Melee), -1 (Laser Sight), +6 (Confusion Powers)":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 11 for "TN4 +2(Partial Cover from Troll Melee), -1 (Laser Sight), +6 (Confusion Powers) (KP2)":
1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 9 11 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Dane says, "9S, but will be using Gel, so 7S."
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 2 vs TN 7:
1 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 2 vs TN 7 for "KP 4":
4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 2 vs TN 7 for "KP 6":
1 9 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "It just took S stun."

Dane groans a bit when he sees the large rabbit, and he sighs and pulls his rifle forward and readies, then pops off one shot toward the big bunny.

«Plot» Slinger says, "It's at S stun with two darts sticking out of it. And it tried hard to whack Julian."

«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Slinger says, "Freeze foam. Now there's an interesting concept…"

//**«Plot» Slinger says, "Tn is gonna be 9 if you aim once."
«OOC» Aurora Six says, "So I'll call a shot to the head for +2 (rather than +4). Making the TN 11."

«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 11 for "Shooting at Bunbun":
1 1 1 2 4 4 5 5 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) has the Active Skill Specialization Biotech (First Aid) with the value '4'.
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 11 for "Shooting at Bunbun":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Aurora Six (#5318) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 11 for "Shooting at Bunbun":
1 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes**//

Aurora Six takes aim with his pistol. For a bit it almost looks like he's not going to fire because the cuteness factor has effected him. But when he does, the silenced pistol pffts once and it zings off into the distance. Missing the rabbit by a foot or so.

«OOC» Slinger says, "Next up is bunny… who is gonna turn… and zip into the ground! He's getting shot at! He's moving a little slower, though… hop hop hop… everybody'll get /one/ more shot at him. Pops is next. Then Dane."

Bunzilla is getting shot at! And a few things have even hit him! He doesn't like that. Evilnasty troll has been warned away from lair grr! So now he hops back toward his hole, feeling… rather dizzy, himself. Hop hop… hop…

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Willpower vs TN 6:
1 2 3 4 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 10:
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 5 7 16 = 1 Success
«Plot» Slinger says, "Oh, actually less. No partial cover from troll. So TN 8."
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 8 for "Second shot Str mod cancels recoil":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 8 8 11 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Two more shots hit the thing, no immediate effect."

Popper, the consumate sniper, or… perhaps gunbunny, takes a deep breath and squeezes the trigger twice more. Each dart strikes home with no difficulty. Though they have no immediate effect, the old elf trusts that time will tell.

«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Rifles + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 8 for "TN4, +6 (Confusion Powers), -1(Laser Sight), -1(AIM Action)":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 8 8 8 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Dane says, "7S."

Dane lines up this shot this time, taking careful aim before he squeezes carefully at the trigger and sends one of the gel rounds sailing toward Bunny.
«Auto-Judge» Slinger (#669) rolls 2:
4 7

Bunzilla was /almost/ back to his hole. Almost back to safety. And then, another shot rings out — and it flops to the ground. The other rabbits all disappear as well, scurrying for cover in a heartbeat, with a squealing wail of panic.

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Well that takes down the leader but the rest are underground…"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Ferret, I s'pose."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Block off all but a couple of the holes with freeze foam?"

«Plot-Page» (To: Aurora Six) Slinger sings a J Geils Band song. "Freeze foam! (freeze foam) Freeze foam! (freeze foam?) Freeze foam! (freeze foam) C'mon Freeze…"

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "We hsould check the police scanner though… those bursts were pretty loud."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Sounds like a plan t' me. We know we c'n use th' darts t' drop a bunny too. Tranq 'em and haul 'em off."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I'll head back to my van and prepare the foam.. check the scanner…"
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I'll maintain radio contact."
Aurora Six retracts the gun back up his sleeve and turns to head back for the van.
«OOC» Popper says, "Can we assume I can scan police channels Slinger?"
Aurora Six mutters to himself. "* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ***" (Spanish)

Popper strolls over to check the police and emergency bands for reports of gunfire at their location.
Aurora Six unlocks his van and steps up inside the thing and shuts the door behind him. First he turns on the scanner and tunes in the local freqs then he slides a box out from a rear bench to pull out acanister of freeze foam.

The police scanner is relatively quiet. Then, a burst of static, and a warbling tone, briefly. "Dispatch, CQ, possible shots fired." And the address given is uncomfortably close to where you are. Like one of the surrounding houses…

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "mutters in Spanish. "Scanner's got reports of shots fired near this location.""
«OOC» Dane says, "what sector are we?"
«OOC» Slinger says, "CAS, yeah."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Ok, going to try to contact someone to assist with this."
Dane gets out his pocket secretary and a splitter cable and then hooks them up, and then he hooks himself up to the splitter cable as soon as he has gotten some cover from everyone, then he makes sure his datajack cover is secured.

«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane says, "Calling Roger Smith."
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Popper says, "You there man?"

Dane puts the other end of the cable in the comm, so he can transduce it, too.

«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "If you explain things to Roger, he'll make arrangements to come, himself… and he won't bust you or your friends as long as there's no danger to the public. He can at least buy you a little time."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "He thinks he can delay response as much as 15-20 minutes."

Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "electronically transduced voice, "This is Joseph, going to contact someone I know from LoneStar to see if they can help."

Dane concentrates for a few moments, not saying anything and waiting… but then he gets back on the comm after a few moments here. He coughs softly.
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Okay, my friend in the police, he says he can come himself and buy us some time, 10-15 minutes, but I think we need to scram, for at least a few."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "15-20 minutes, sorry."

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 4 7 9 9 11

«Plot-Page» (To: Popper) Slinger says, "Freeze foam is the key. Frankly, as long as the corpses are buried and there's no more bunnies, Page is happy. Dump freeze foam down there, trap the bunnies, they'll run out of oxygen. You can probably have your drone deliver it. Fill grenades, drop them down there on timed charge, get 'em as far down as you can, foom, no more bunnies."
«Plot-Page» (To: Popper) Slinger says, "And if you do it right… you might be able to use the anti-freezefoam agent after they lose conciousness. Slinger'll be able to watch for that… then dissolve the freezefoam and send in your drone to get 'em out if you want 'em alive."

Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Also, I could not say this before the fight broke out, but I remember something about these rabits, they are very rare, only 500 for which have been accounted. Perhaps we could call a corp or eco group interested in keeping them alive to transport them from here to wherever they want to preserve them."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "I hate the corps, but sometimes they can be used for things like this, and they might consider it a favor if we pick the right one."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Sierra club or something?"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Ok, here's an idea. Lemme load them grens you were wavin 'round with th' freeze foam. We send th' ferret down th' hole deep as it c'n get then detonate 'em. Let th' little fraggers run outta air, 'n pass out. Slinger watches for it, then when they pass out we use th' foam counter 'n send th' drone back in t' get th' bunnies."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Problem is the foam dries as hard as structural concrete.. if it detonates down there they'll be dead befoer we can get them out and your drone will be stuck for the duration."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "That will probably take more time than our window."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Nah. Set a timer on th' grenades."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "But the drone has to find them all?"
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Yeah but foam exploding in a tube will fill the tube until it expands to it's full volume."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I was thinking just sealing entrances… but if you think you can do it, lets get it done."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "They might run out I guess, if they have back tunnels, Usually there is more than one entrance into burrows like this."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "We stash th' weapons in th' vehicles. No reason yer friend's ever gotta see anythin illegal. Th' timer's set t' let th' drone get out 'fore it detonates."
Commlink-Slinger> Slinger says, "It's gotta go all the way down. But if that happens, yeah, it should work if you have the volumes right."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Think we c'n get it no problem."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Alright.. Reaper you're a demo head.. .come set up these grenades and lets get to it."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Alright, if you're all sure you do not mind him questioning us, that is fine. He is a good guy. He will probably laugh at us for this. Haha."

Aurora Six divests himself of his two predators and puts them in the gunsafe, then takes out a canister of freeze foam and some of the splash grenades.

Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "How many do you want?"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Call it ten I s'pose."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "That'll be all of 'em so I hope this works."
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "I'll replace 'em six. Null sheen."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Alright, my Van's on 4th street. Look for the electric company."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "I'll strat prepping."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "About the truck I ordered, would you like me to go fetch it to load up these rabbits? Or, would you like me to just cancel them?"
Commlink-Reaper> Popper says, "Bring it on. We c'n load it up 'n use it t' get rid of 'em."
Commlink-Aurora Six> Aurora Six says, "Were' gonna need something to put them in I guess… and I don't relish the idea of my van half full of giant rabbit turds."
Commlink-Joseph> Dane says, "Aright. I got to go to the landing site for the truck, be back in 6. Hopefully if they are there."
«Plot» Aurora Six says, "I will pull out the 10 splash grenades and freeze foam and begin laying the grenades out in rows for Popper and I to work on. I'm probably not as good ad demo as he is."

Popper proceeds to collect materials and load the grenades. Once done, he jacks into the ferret drone and feeds it instructions to take the grenades down the rabbit hole, drop it off and return. Once that stage is done he sets a nice long timer on the first in the series and sends it down with the ferret. 10 grenades, 10 solid tunnel blockages.

«Plot» Slinger says, "I'll figure one minute base time per."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Figure TN 5. They're a little tricky, 'cause you can't let the freeze foam hit air."

Dane puts his rifle in the ford on his way out of the area, being stealthy to the point to getting to the vehicle, and then after this, he glances all around and then starts his moving to get to the location about 2 minutes away.

//**«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) rolls Stealth for "Ninja.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 11

«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Demolitions vs TN 3 for "Base TN 5 -2 for micro vision":
1 3 4 4 5 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge» Popper (#4048) rolls Demolitions - 4 vs TN 3 for "Base TN 5 -2 for micro vision (Kp 3/4)":
5 = 1 Success**//

Popper speeds through the process, all that practice inventing his own mage buster grenades seems to have paid off. With an experienced chemist on hand it's done in next to no time at all. The drone is handed the first grenade and sent down the rabbit hole just as LS arrives.
After laying the grenades out in two even rows of five, The Ork looks up as Popper arrives. He sets up the foam tank and nozzel nearby. "Only thing you need to know is that the stuff can't hit the air or you're fucked.." he says. "Shit's like the side of an azzie pyramid for about six hours." The Ork then begins helping popper fill grenades and setting up timers.

«Auto-Judge» Dane (#337) spends 6000 nuyen for "Omg, Give me the truck. (Slinger's Rabbit Shadow Run)".
«Plot» Dane says, "Using the Joseph LeDoux SIN."
«Plot-Page» (To: Dane) Slinger says, "Yeah, you're able to talk the guy into letting you use the truck. The extra 1,000 =Y= tends to help…"
«Plot-Page» (To: Slinger) Dane advises the man that he should not worry and feel free to go have fun for a while, and that he will bring the truck back in a few hours. He also asks for contact info if he has some, just in case he needs to get in touch.

Aurora Six puts five grenades each in two small bags and hands one to Pops. Once they're both outside the van he locks it behind them and heads over to help with the placement. The drone's doing most of the work in any case.
The drone proceeds to set the grenades in the rabbit warren, following a very simple series of commands. Fortunately, modern grenades have a variety of detonation options, so the foam itself isn't released until the drone has left the warren.

Dane ends up driving back to the site with the rodental-suck truck after he encourages the other man to take a break and chill for a while at a local gas station or what-have-you. He then drives back out to the residential area with it and then gets to the field. There are a ton of hoses hanging off of it.

And just as you are finished with the thing, a cop car shows up. Not one of the nice shiny new ones, no — this is an old beater of an Americar with a light on the top of it that looks like it's held on with duct tape. And out of it gets Roger, an older gentleman who looks around, scowling as he walks up, looking official. But what he's looking for, is Dane. "What's goin' on here? We had a report of shots fired," he says, with his hand on his weapon, looking around warily. His partner is a burly ork who, frankly, doesn't look all that intelligent. But very, very loyal, judging from the hero-worshipful looks he keeps directing toward Roger.
Roger eyes the truck, with its pest control logo, and scowls a little, though does seem to relax a bit.

Popper sees the truck pull up and greets it with a broad grin, but remains silent in the presence of the LEO.

Dane hops out of the cab and closes the door and then waves over toward Roger, "Hey Rog. Just going to get some rodents sucked out of these holes, but we had one attack, it was real bad."
Dane says "Sorry we caused a disturbance. We'll be out of here in no time."
Aurora Six does his best to remain silent but watches the police with a careful if subtle eye. He stands by one of the holes.

Roger nods once. "Rodents. Gotcha. Since when do you work for an exterminator?" he asks, gesturing to the logo on the side of the trick. "Didn't think you were gonna be so eager to put on a uniform again." He's got his hands on his hips, watching all this. Glances over to Dane. "This's gonna cost you a bit, buddy. I figure you got a good reason for all this, but there's gonna be questions. As long as nobody gets hurt, I can look the other way, but I got expenses, too."

Dane is totally wandering around with his data-cable hanging out of his head, of course with a cover looped over the line and onto the datajack that is well known by Roger that Dane has, as well as just about everything else of the man, even his lack of manliness. *cough* Dane heads over to speak with him. "Sure, you know I will take care of you and Sheilah." And Dane moves over to huddle with Roger to get pocket books going, "What would you like? I promise to take you and the woman to Opera night again, even on top of this, eh?"
Dane starts shuffling out some credsticks, about 2k worth here, "2k? More?"
Dane actually lets his French accent out when he is dealing with Roger here.
Right about now a compression wave triggers underground as ten grenades filled with freeze foam try to fill the available space. The end result looks vaguely like a a twinkie in a vice as it hits that last little increment. Whitish-gray foam spurts from holes around the yard mounding up as it hits an open area. Leading the escape of the cream filling is what appears to be the results of an abandon ship call on Noah's Ark if it were only carrying bunnies. Small rabbits radiating cuteness pour from openings all over the yard, screaming their pathetic cries as they flee.
Right about now a compression wave triggers underground as ten grenades filled with freeze foam try to fill the available space. The end result looks vaguely like a a twinkie in a vice as it hits that last little increment. Whitish-gray foam spurts from holes around the yard mounding up as it hits an open area. Leading the escape of the cream filling is what appears to be the an explosion in a cheap lawn ornament factory as foam covered bunnies pop out of their holes around the yard.

With Dane working on the situation, after Roger is paid the five thousand that he wants for this — this is a big deal, after all — he'll stand and supervise and make sure the residents know this is legit. But even so, managing to block off one passage while you snake the hose down it, gives the critters no way out but the vacuum — once the freeze foam activates.
Which it does… with an audible *whump* that makes Roger jump. "Jesus!" he says, shaking his head. "Warn a guy next time, huh?" Freeze foam is visible at the orifices — all except the one where the suction hose is.
And then, there are satisfying *shoop* WHUMP noises as pathetic bunnies are sucked out of the holes… safe and sound and wailing.

«OOC» Slinger says, "Who has contacts that might be useful for fencing these things?"
«OOC» Dane would ask Roger if he has any idea who we can use.
«OOC» Dane says, "Roger is very connected, Cha 6, very socially elite."
«Plot» Slinger says, "Turns out that Roger has a contact at the zoo. Zoo would like some of these, rare as they are… and so they'll pay an additional 50,000 =Y=. Of course, that's after Roger's cut. You have one Bunnyzilla, and another four breeding pairs of bunnies, male and female. They seem to always come in pairs…"
«Plot» Slinger says, "After all this, Roger will help you pack up, and you can get the vacuum truck returned. You're out six kay, but there's extra money, on top of what Page is paying you. So all in all, it is a success. Even of the residents are starting to get even more nervous about that particular plot of land…"

Dane points out a wrinkle in Roger's uniform before grinning, apparently getting really happy for some reason when he sees the man, and that was rare. Dane gets the truck back to where he told the Pest boy he would take it, and they do some biz, and then Dane goes back and picks up his vehicle! WOO.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License