Boiling Point
GM: Darius
Players: Darius, Annie, Aviv, Slinger, Bruddah
Synopsis: Tensions reacha boiling point in Colorado Springs as councilwoman <I forgot her name, edit in> lays in a critical condition after an attack from hostile mages.
Date: Thu Mar 25 11:41:17 2070

Boiling Point

Pre-Scene Prep

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering vs BG count of up to 2.":
1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 16 = 12 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Physical Mask, F4, into sustaining focus.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 16 = 13 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "Physical Mask, F4, +1M, 3M drain.":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 7 9 10 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 6 (pf) - 1 (Air) vs TN 4 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Mask Sustained by Focus.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 7 8 8 8 11 16 = 13 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 4 (to Darius) for "Resist 4M Drain":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 8 16 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 6 (pf) + 2 (Manip) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Dark Armor Sustained by Focus.":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 13 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 5 (to Darius) for "Resist 5S Drain":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 13 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 - 2 (successes) vs TN 5 (to Darius) for "Resist 5S Drain kp 1/29":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 5 7 10 10 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 6 (pf) + 2 (Manip) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Enhance Aim Sustained by Focus.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 10 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 3 (to Darius) for "Resist 3M Drain":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 7 10 10 11 = 9 Successes

Slinger: F4 Physical Mask w/13 Successes

Annie: F6 Physical Mask w/13 Successes. F6 Dark Armor = +6/+6 Armor. F6 Enhance Aim = -3 Tn's to all ranged attacks.

The Scene

There is tension in the air- and not the kind you can cut with a knife. The kind that's just waiting for one stray spark to explode and take half a city block with it. There are a number of individuals, from all walks of life, gathered here- a large number of them pace up and down outside of the hospital- meters away from the heavily armed and armoured Lonestar riot police that bar entrance to the hospital for the time being. People in suits, people dressed in feathers and beads, people in rags, and people in workmen's clothes- people from every metatype and most every ethnicity. They are holding signs protesting the SLAP-act, or mage registration.

And over the street from them there is a horde of equally varied individuals, some of them skin-headed and adorned with symbols of hate, but many more simply look like average Joes and Janes. There's the definite sense that this is a hair's breadth from turning into a riot, but for now, the presence of heavy Lonestar and the lack of direct violence has stopped it leading to that.

At situations like this, Slinger sometimes shows up. Blending in as best he can with his trenchcoat and T-shirt — the T-shirt saying something relatively provocative involving profanity and war — but neutral in this context, at last. He is masked, though, subtly different than his usual appearance, just different enough that it would be difficult to recognize him.

Hearing of the protest on various news feeds, Aviv decides to check it out. Approaching the scene he notices the two opposing groups separated by the street. He pulls out his pocsec and presses a few buttons as he casually walks down the sidewalk, stepping into the crowd protesting.

Darius is here as well, though he's not quite as… subtle as some of the others. He's wearing a fusion of ancient and modern clothing in what is known colloquially as 'mage-chic.' A blend between the clean lines ans strong tailoring of the modern age and traditional robes from ages past. On-top of this he wears a cloak, an honest to goodness cloak- one of the London Fog range, in fact, which is charcoal black with barely perceivable magic circles barely a shade lighter covering its surface.

Oh no, that man's not a mage. Not at all.

Annie simply mingles into the least aggressive of the crowds, watching for anything out of the ordinary, and generally trying to get a feel for things.

Slinger lightly flicks his wrist, activating his dark armor focus. Once again, his Masking will cover the effects of the spell to an observer. The elf is tempted to join the pro-magic anti-SLAP group in solidarity, but right now, he is here to watch in case things go south. To serve as witness, and perhaps affect the flow of events if it comes to that. He scans the crowd, glancing for anybody he knows.

Slinger lightly flicks his wrist, activating his dark armour focus. Once again, his Masking will cover the effects of the spell to an observer. The elf is tempted to join the pro-magic anti-SLAP group in solidarity, but right now, he is here to watch in case things go south. To serve as witness, and perhaps affect the flow of events if it comes to that. He scans the crowd, glancing for anybody he knows.

"What do we want?" Calls out someone in the group of mages wielding their signs about, "Freedom!" a bunch of the others shout out, and then the originator calls out again- "When do we want it!?" and he gets his reply; "NOW!"

Suddenly, a bottle flies across the street, and smashes against one of the signs, showering glass on some of the awakened and pro-magic sympathizers. Whether it's restraint or fear, or sheer ballsyness, the pro-magic group simply continues to chant with renewed vigour.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering + 3 (centering focus) vs TN 2 for "Centering against BG count for previous roll.":
1 1 2 4 4 5 5 5 11 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assensing.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 10 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 for "Complementary.":
3 5 5 11 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Slinger says, "Shielding expanded to include Annie, by the way, as well as any of the pro-magic protesters who seem like leader-types."

Slinger winces at the thrown-bottle, and his gaze jerks toward the origin of it, scanning the anti-magic group to see who might have thrown it. He won't necessarily zot them, not yet, but he'll definitely keep an eye on that person.

Astral space is VERY charged right now, with a localized background count of somewhere in the area of 2-3. It fluctuates, as emotions range. There are spirits around, monitoring. They appear to be dressed in CAS military Uniforms or Black Suites, very much like the Secret Service.

Aviv ducks his head quickly as some shards from the broken bottle shower on his head and quickly reaches behind his back for his pistol before calming himself and bringing his hand back in front of him. He stops and nudges one of the protestors to make small talk about the situation, trying to gain more insight on what's going on that the news channels left out.

Sort of caught in the middle, and utterly overshadowed by the rabids on both sides, is the moderate group, a conglomeration of magically awakened and mundane's, who seem to be trying to pay respect to the Congresswoman. They have a small group, but are constantly being over shouted and attacked by the more fundamentalist protesters.

Annie continues observing the crowd, as well as the surrounding rooftops for snipers. These public protests can be a royal pain in the ass…you never can be sure whether a given sniper works for the cops or is trying to kill someone. It's a sad commentary on the worlds state. She alternates between astral and physical vision, watching auras for the tell-tale 'Columbine' structure that signifies someone is about to go apeshit and shoot peoples.

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Vs Bg Count":
2 2 5 5 9 11 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence for "Assensing":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence for "Assensing kp 3":
2 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Aura Reading for "Comp":
1 1 4 5 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Centering vs TN 2 for "Vs Bg Count":
2 2 5 5 9 11 = 6 Successes

Annie: It's about as you would expect, there's a lot of anger, a lot of fear, emotions are rife. The background count is abnormally high, but between the heithtened emotions and heavy concentration of awakened individuals, it's not all that unexpected. You see there are a number of spirits knocking about on the astral, that seem to be assosiated with Special Service mages guarding the hospital.

Darius, like Annie, sidles his way into the mdoerate crowd, since for one it lets him keep an eye on both of the more extreme groups. Not to mention, he's not certain he'd like to be assosiated with either side too directly yet.

Nothing major happens for a few moments, and then, suddenly, one of the Lonestar riot cops breaks the line. His companions try to pull him back, but he's determiend and slips free from their grasp. He pushes and elbows his way through the crowd, and then walks out into the middle of the street.

«OOC» Darius says, "Gimme perception checks, everyone. Note whether it's physical or astral, and any mods you have."

«OOC» Aviv says, "How close is he to the pro magic group?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence for "Astral Perception.":
2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5

«OOC» Darius says, "He's pushing through it- he seesm to be trying to pass through."

Annie: The man seems, oddly enough, more confused than anything. Theres a definite conflict in his aura, and he seems quite scared as well. But all of his emotions are very muted and faint.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Intelligence + 1 for "Physical: Int, Enhanced perception +1":
2 3 3 5 8 14

You paged Darius with 'Any spells on him?'.

Darius pages: none active.

Darius pages: roll magic background, TN is 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Magic Background vs TN 8:
1 1 1 3 4 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Slinger says, "Adding the cop to Shielding."

Darius pages: He is definitely under the influence of some kind of mind crontrol, but it's not a sustained spell.

«OOC» Darius says, "Anyone else acting?"

«OOC» Aviv says, "I was waiting on slinger?"

«OOC» Annie preparing a physical barrier, if the cop suddenly throws his jacket open or draws a weapon, I will encase him in a dome to protect the crowd. So reserving my action dependent on what he does.

What the frag is he doing? Slinger eyes the cop's aura, looking for any signs of exterior mental control. Then he prepares another spell, in case it is necessary. Armor, to help the man deflect any bullets that might be coming his way.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "Physical Perception.":
2 3 3 4 4 5 8 9 11 17

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Centering + 3 (centering focus) vs TN 2 for "Astral Perception, centering against BG count, etc.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 8 10 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "Astral Perception.":
1 2 2 4 5 5 5 7 10 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 for "Complementary":
3 4 4 5 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Darius says, "Roll magic backgruound for me, Slinger?"

<Auto-Judge[Xyzzy]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Intelligence + 1 vs TN 4 for "Perception+Enhanced Perception 1 vs TN4 for motion sense":
1 1 2 3 4 4 = 2 Successes

Aviv stops chanting various phrases with the crowd as the small group he's pressed against is sways back and forth from the cop forcing his way through the crowd. He raises his fist in the air and begins shouting again. He knows something is about to happen just from the fact police and protestors don't mix to well, but stays where he is and waits, keeping his gaze set on the cop.

Slinger considers his options. The fear in the guy arouses his sympathy, definitely, but if he casts a spell, he might well cause even further problems. He can't Mask spells cast upon others. The youth waits, tensed, glancing at the people around him. If things get too dangerous, he'll go invisible and work on getting a birds-eye view…

Annie moves through the crowd toward the cop, her gaze switching from astral to physical as she attempts to determine what subliminal manchurian candidate commands have been inserted into the cops psyche. Mundane bomb around the waist? Magical explosive of some sort? This is why she avoids crowds…one loon can ruin a bunch of peoples day.

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 2 (manip) + 6 (pf) + 10 (exp foci) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Barrier.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 7 7 8 9 9 10 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 2 (manip) + 6 (pf) + 10 (exp foci) - 6 (successes) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Barrier. kp 4/29":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 8 9 10 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 2 (manip) + 6 (pf) + 10 (exp foci) - 12 (successes) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Barrier. kp 6/29":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 11 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 2 (manip) + 6 (pf) + 10 (exp foci) - 15 (successes) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Barrier. kp 9/29":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 16 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 + 2 (manip) + 6 (pf) + 10 (exp foci) - 17 (successes) vs TN 6 (to Darius) for "F6 Physical Barrier. kp 13/29":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 17 = 3 Successes

You paged Darius with 'Barrier Rating 16 dome enclosing the cop from the crowd around if he looks like he is detonating something.'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 5 (to Darius) for "Resist 5S Drain.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 10 = 5 Successes

The Cop finally manages to elbow his way all the way through the crowd, and he walks right to the mid point between the three groups.Both groups jeer at him, some even throw things at him, but he doesn't even seem to notice. He holds out his arms, and then he inhales deeply. There are tears in his eyes, and his hands are shaking. "FOR THE DAWN OF ENLIGHTENMENT!" he yells out, and then just like that, he seems to swell up for a fraction of a second until his form bursts into a raging inferno that rapidly spreads out- right up until it hits the walls of Annie's barrier. The flames turn in on themselves, and reduce everything within the barrier to dust in seconds- even with the barrier blocking the worst of the damage, the white-hot flames inside cause waves of heat to wash over the crowd, and people fall back, as hair singes and skin scalds. Even the paint peels off nearby cars, and some of the cardboard signs crackle and burst into flames. Lighters explode in pockets and water boils away to steam is nothing. The flames are vented upwards by Annie's barrier, and as they emerge from the top of the dome, they quickly mushroom back down on themselves creating an impressive display of power.

«OOC» Darius says, "Alright. Everyone resist 6M heat damage, Fire Resistant clothign reduces it, otherwise half impact."

«Auto-Judge[]» Darius (#9060) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "Soaking 6M heat Damage, Fire Resistant Clothing (R4), 4 Points of IMpact Armor":
1 4 4 10 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Resist 6M Heat.":
3 3 4 5 5 7 8 9 9 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "Soaking 6M Heat":
1 2 2 3 3 4 8 10 16 = 3 Successes

Annie's eyes widen as she realizes the cop is doing it NOW…fortunately she was expecting something like this. Sure the cop uniform makes for a different package than the burkha the last time she experienced a suicide bomber, but the overall effect is pretty much the same. "Everyone down!", she yells as she directs the mana into the spell she had on the tip of her tongue for this situation. The spell flickers into existence around the bomber a bare fraction of a second before the explosion goes off, she staggers as the raw power slams into her barrier, mentally battering her almost as much as the physical blast.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "Half impact counts, 6M fire damage.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 5 7 16 = 7 Successes

Darius doesn't react in time to drop to the ground, and he's only just got the presence of mind to turn his head aside, so when the wave of heat washes over him, he simply relies on his fire-resistant clothign to absorb and dissapate the heat, which it does rather effectively, though his skin sizzles where his watch has been superheated. He lets out a yell of pain, and yanks it off, throwing it to the ground. He looks around, practically shellshocked as he tries to get his senses together. Finally, he gets himself together. "Assana! Douse the area in water!" he calls out, and just like that, the water vapor in the air forms itself into an elemental, taking the form of a slender female humanoid, with a featureless face and somewhat amorphous lower body. She holds out her hands, and begins to sprayw ater over everything that's on fire in the area in the wake of that explosion- including one or two people.

«Auto-Judge[Xyzzy]» Darius (#9060) uses 1 of item 3: F4 Water Elemental from Elementals (#7951).

Even though Aviv has seen countless suicide bombings, they can never be predicted, this one specifically since it was a cop. He drops down as soon as he notices the man swell for the split second but isn't fast enough to dodge the blast. the flames hit his body lightly burning the exposed skin before he fully covers himself. Laying on the ground Aviv reaches behind his back and reaches for his pistol, which is tucked into his pants and under his shirt. he stays down on the ground, pistol in hand, waiting to see how the crowd and law enforcers act.

Slinger has barely had time to react; luckily, he was far enough away and reacted quickly enough to avoid the worst of the burns. The water elemental sprinkling water downward to extinguish any lingering fire was a good idea, and that would have been his first concern. But now, he looks around in the crowd, watching for what might happen next — and anyone else who might be rigged to go off. This wasn't your usual suicide bombing, though — something about the guy's aura indicated this was something other than that…

Soon, the stunned silence is broken by wails of those that were burned. The pro-magic group look at the anti-magic group, the anti-magic group look at the pro-magic group, the moderate group look amongst themselves and lonestar look at EVERYONE. Alarms and sirens begin going off, and big black unmarked vans show up at the end of the road, people in milspec and carrying assault rifles come out- bearing the mark of the DIA.

Annie brushes a lock of her slightly heat-frizzed hair from her eyes, a hand still up as she concentrates on maintaining the barrier until the potential risk to the crowd has been fully alleviated. She doesn't worry about the cops for now, her primary focus being on preventing any secondary explosions or noxious gases from being released upon the still reeling crowd.

"EVERYONE GET ON THE GROUND!" yells out someone at the lead of the DIA, and a turret pops out of one of the vans, witha high-pressure water jet to start trying to subdue the mobs, which are charging towards one another, eachc ertain the other is responsible.

Darius, seeing this as his chance to make an exit, pulls up his hood and just like that, he seems to fade from view, as he begins wandering away from the area as fast as he dares without disrupting his rutheum. The elemental he had summoned disperses, sloshing back into a puddle on the ground.

«Auto-Judge[]» Darius (#9060) rolls Stealth for "+4 vs visual, +5 vs thermographic, +2 vs Radar":
5

As the DIA arrives, Aviv slowly reaches behind his back, returning his firearm under his clothes. He begins pushing through the crowd trying to get on the outside, and as far from the DIA as possible.

Oh, yeah. Slinger doesn't want any part of this. His first step is to go invisible, and immediately thereafter to do the exact opposite of getting on the ground. Instead, he heads up into the air, hopefully above the crowd and the targets…

«Auto-Judge[]» Darius (#9060) rolls Stealth for "+4 vs visual, +5 vs thermographic, +2 vs Radar KP1/12":
17

«Auto-Judge[]» Darius (#9060) rolls 4 for "Visual, Low Light and Thermographic Scans":
8 10 11 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Darius (#9060) rolls 5 for "Astral perception":
1 2 3 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "Improved Invis, F6, into focus.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 10 17 = 9 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "F6, +1M, 4M drain.":
1 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 8 9 16 = 9 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Levitate, F3, into focus.":
1 3 4 4 4 5 9 10 11 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 3 for "F3, +2M, 3M drain.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 10 16 = 7 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "Versus Radar and/or astral observers.":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "Versus Radar and/or astral observers. KP 1/43":
1 1 2 2 5 7 7

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "Versus Radar and/or astral observers. KP 3/43":
2 2 4 4 4 5 22

Annie sags visibly, finally dropping her raised hand and allowing the flickering physical barrier to collapse inward on itself. She sighs to herself as she takes a moment to observe the authorities as they attempt to take control of the situation. "It's going to be a long fucking day", she mutters dryly to herself.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Stealth vs TN 11:
3 3 4 8 10 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Stealth + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 11 for "Reroll, kp 1/3":
1 1 1 2 2 4 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Aviv says, "Ok just ignore that, I failed the stealth roll"

«OOC» Darius says, "I'll give you a +2 from the crowd, in honesty."

«OOC» Darius says, "Since you're sleazing away rather than sneaking"

«Auto-Judge[Xyzzy]» Aviv (#9224) rolls Stealth vs TN 9:
1 3 4 5 7 = 0 Successes

«ADMIN» Vulcan says, "Okay. Clarify whats happening for me, darius?"

«OOC» Darius says, "I'm ruthed and sneaking away (Rolled a 17 on stealth), Slinger fled by going invisible and flying off (And beating the astral perception of the enemies with regular stealth), Aviv has just sleazed away by blending in with the crowd and leaving (Stealth), Annie is just staying behind."

Darius, Aviv and Slinger all make their way out of the location, managing in their own ways to avoid being detected by the DIA, Lonestar or the mobs. It only takes the DIA a few minutes to set up a perimiter around the place, and they begin to round folks up for questioning.

Once up and away, Slinger turns around to watch, his eyes narrowing as he takes in the sight below. His eyes shift into the astral, even while he remains masked, and he hoves up to the edge of the hospital building to use it for some degree of cover, while he assenses the area, looking for traces of that explosion. Was it magical? Physical? Chemical?

Annie waits patiently for the authorities to 'do their thing', while recording the event for posterity via her goggles It's important to allow the people in uniform to feel like they managed to salvage a situation and save lives even though they really didn't do shit for the most part. Unless lives are at risk due to further terrorist actions, or through direct confrontations with the police, she doesn't do much beyond providing first aid to the lightly wounded and heal spells to those that might have been more seriously injured due to the stampeding crowd.

Making his way through the crowd, and avoiding being detected, Aviv reaches the out side of the protestors and ducks into an alley, disappearing from view. He looks around the alley for a fire escape or a ladder, anything to climb so he can gain a better view point, from a safe distance.

Midway through attending to someone's healing, One of the DIA officers will aproach Annie. "I need to see some documents." he tells her, "Support mage says you've been casting spells." he adds then.

Annie finishes what she was doing, returning her medkit to it's place on her belt and absently cleaning some of the blood from her hands. "Of course Officer", she replies respectfully before reaching into her coat and pulling out a packet of identification cards, "If you need a statement, I would be happy to provide one at your convenience."

The officer runs the SIN through the scanner, then offers it out for her to give a thumbprint, and he blinks at the readings- warming up to her almost immediately. "Oh. Sorry Ma'am, I didn't realize it was you." the man says, "Used to be in Lone Star, they still mention you in Thaumaturgical Counter-Threats and Security." he explains to her, and then nods his head. "We'll take a statement now, if we can." He says, and then guides her over towards one of the vans, past the mobs who are… receiving somewhat rougher treatment.

Rougher treatment including the occasional baton swipe, mage masks, cuffs. There are lots of bruised and burned individuals, and a couple are being shuffled into ambulances which have showed up on the scene.

Annie nods to the officer and states with a chuckle, "Those were the good ol' days.". She accompanies the officer toward the mobile HQ, once inside offering up a fairly complete statement about what she observed, including her theory that the officer was compromised via magical compulsion and subliminal triggers. She will also turn over a copy of her personal audio/visual recordings that she was making of the scene, perhaps it will give a different perspective than the law enforcement videos taken from their positions.

A few hours of questioning later, and Annie is let to go free- although she's advised that they will have to consider her a possible, if unlikely, suspect until they have enough evidence to discount her. All in all, there was relatively little bloodshed thanks to the Runners' observance and quick thinking, although the nature of the attack has left tensions between those for and those against this new bill at an all-time high.

Changing his mind about reaching the rooftops, Aviv continues walking down the alley, adding more distance between himself and the DIA. He pulls out his pocsec and sends a few text messages to some friends, informing them of what happened from his point of view since he knows the various news channels will give a different version.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License