Blood Ties, Broken Bonds
GM: Vera
Players: Air, Melani, Croc, Nate, Raggedy Annie
Synopsis: After a meeting that gets on a false start, Vera hires, through shadowy links, a set of shadowrunners to 'rescue' a soldier about to be sacrificed from her unit. Things go wrong, a PAC actually gets fired (!), there is an attempted and very nearly realized suicide, and it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
Date: December 21, 2070

«Plot» Vera says, "All right. Before we begin, I need a brief statement from each of you: first, a statement that you consent to very bad things potentially happening to your character, including death, during this plot, and second, a brief one-sentence description of how your fixer or J might describe each of you."
«Game» The mists swirl around a single point, then coalesce into the form of Vulcan.
Vulcan has arrived.

«Plot» Namiki says, "I consent to Vera. However she still will get busted on statuary. As for my contacts? I'm a swordswoman. ^_^"
«Plot» Nate says, "I consent to the ramifications of the plot. He would say: Sneaky, likes his smg too much, not bad on the harmonica."
«Plot» Blaze consents. "And a mage with a love of blowing things up."
«Plot» Namiki says, "I can also go get Mel if that works better for people. ^_^"
pl It may, actually.
«Plot» Vera says, "It may, actually."
«Plot» Blaze says, "Hang on… I'm being summoned. My family has impeccable time as usual."
pl Do you think you will not be able to continue?
«Plot» Vera says, "Do you think you will not be able to continue?"
«Plot» Namiki says, "Oiy, Oiy, Nami never gets scenes. BRB"
Namiki has disconnected.
Melani has arrived.
«Plot» Melani says, "I am Mel, and I consent as well."

You all receive invitations on your PocSecs, forwarded through your relevant J. contacts, that a particular job has been requested of each of you, rated 'extremely high threat.' Such jobs often carry with them the promise of rich rewards, however. You are to meet Lady J. in the back conference room of the Cool Cat Club. Arrival through the trendy, slightly old-fashioned joint beckons you in, where a conference room is set up. A white noise generator hums happily on the center of the table, next to a classic water pitcher with glasses ringing it setup. Next to the pitcher is a small trid setup for presentations, and next to that is an ashtray. Flicking ash into that ashtray is a languidly sitting, rather hippy red-headed elf, wearing a severe black suit and a smile, enjoying a cigarette while she waits for the group in the somewhat low-lit, smoky room.

«Auto-Judge[]» Raggedy Annie (#10744) puts on her "Secure Jacket"<=Armor (#10399, Item 1).

Melani rolled her eyes, immediately upon entry, the Dwarf then just leaning up against a wall, waiting for the rest.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nate (#1434) rolls Disguise for "Lessee":
1 4 5 5 7

Raggedy Annie arrived at the Cat about an hour early and hung around, sipping at one, then another, glass of soda while she waited. Now, as the time of the meet approaches, she's ordered and received another glass of soda… and proceeds to the conference room. On entering, she glances about, nods to the elven woman already in the room and… remains on her feet. "Wouldya mind if I took a look-see on the astral here, make sure there's no spying eyes?", she asks of the woman, as she makes her way around to stand behind a seat.

«OOC» Raggedy Annie just realized she sorta missed Melani's pose. my apologies for not including you in my own.

Nate rolls in, casual and relaxed. He's not dressed up, and his disguise is pretty minor, he just has more beard than usual and some contacts in to change the colour of his eyes, his usual five o'clock shadow extended and augmented into a full goatee, and he has blue eyes. Striking eye colour with his dark hair. Hands stuffed into pockets he strolls in, slides himself into a chair and stretches forward to start pouring himself a glass.

The elf languidly stands, dragging a fingertip across a button on the trideo, which projects a three dimensional hologram into a conveniently empty space in the corner, visible to all of you. Projected up there is an image of a map, an overlay of a pretty, young, and very fit Native American woman, dark-eyed with rich dark hair, dressed in military BDUs. It's apparently a unit photograph of some sort of celebration - all are happily facing the camera, guns pointed upwards, beer bottles strewn around. "Mounted Recon Drinks the Ute Dry," is scribbled across the photo.

The elf chuckles at the dwarf who stands aloof. She speaks, revealing a thoroughly middle-class British accent. "Oh, Control, no need to look petulant," she says. "Thank you all so much for coming." She wears the requisite sunglasses, to hide her eyes, but anyone who has met someone answering to this description before would not have too much trouble recognizing her. "I am Lady J, and it is my pleasure to meet you all. You were each recommended to me for a job of…well, there's no other way to put it, considerable risk and sensitivity. I am here to provide information, and offer a quite considerable reward for your trouble."

"Uhm… yah", Raggedy Annie says, then repeats her question: "Mind if I have a lookit the astral in this place, so's I can be sure there ain't no spying eyes?"

Melani waved her hand dismissivly, she wasn't the talker, so quite simply she did not. Talk that is.

Nate immediately scowls upon hearing Lady J speak, for whatever reason and then straightens his face, "Oh yeah?" His own accent pretty unmistakably lower class Mancunian, which is challenging even when not spoken in anger. "Somethin' to do with mounted recon no doubt." He states with unflappable dry wit.

The woman shrugs lightly. "Your acumen does you credit," she says, with a friendly smile to Nate, before she nods to Annie. "The…astral? Magical spying?" she asks. "By all means," she says. "Yes, this indeed has…something to do with mounted recon," she replies. "This is Shandi Sees-Through-Trees." she says, indicating the young woman in the photo. "She is a sergeant with Ute Mounted Recon. By all accounts she is intelligent, resourceful, and absolutely dedicated to her brothers-in-arms."

«Plot» Raggedy Annie will astrally perceive in the room. Is there any BG count to add to the base tn of 4?

Nate taps his fingers impatiently, alternating the rythm and order of his fingers. "And?" he demands, a little rudely but not loudly.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's…a city. There are lots of people."

«OOC» Vulcan says, "Wishing to use mage sight to perceive the emotional resonance the room and its occupants leave on the astral plane."

«Auto-Judge[]» Raggedy Annie (#10744) rolls Intelligence vs TN 5 for "Astral Perception test":
1 1 2 4 4 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Raggedy Annie stands on the 1 success.

Raggedy Annie's eyes glow briefly, then the glow settles down into her eyes, making them, while still green, seem to have a golden cast to them. She glances about the room, then settles herself into the chair behind which she's been standing. "Room's clean on the astral, far as I can tell", she says, before sipping at the straw that's in her soda glass.

"And," replies the woman, "I would like for all of you to secure this woman, by any means necessary, and bring her, alive, to the location stored on these chips," she says, indicating a small tray that indeed holds chips, "which also hold the photograph and map information I have given you. She must be delivered to this location within thirty hours from right now. When she is brought to that location, your accounts will be credited with fifty-five thousand nuyen, each." She nods to Raggedy Annie, in thanks, and looks at each of you, waiting for a response.
Melani finally spoke. "Thirty Five Hours, your gonna have to drop a little more info for that to happen."

Nate cracks a knuckle idly, and still hasn't touched his freshly poured glass of water, "And where is this location. Because if it's in bloody Africa, no thanks. If it's past a host of checkpoints," He glances at his companions and shakes his head, "No thanks. Unless this Shandi is a willing participant?"

«Queue System» WolfWings (#1402) just added a note to queue entry number 40 on Rulings.

Rags purses her lips for a moment or two, in thought. After the others speak, she chims in with a couple of questions: "She's in the area on the map, then?", she questions, without reaching for one of the chips. "And, yeah, is this a kidnapping, a rescue, or a willing extraction?"

The woman shakes her head. "Thirty hours is the deadline. We do know that the sergeant is on patrol right now, and will be for the duration of the operation. The location, I can tell you before accepting the chips, is a safehouse within Ute territory, and we can provide travel papers. The most difficult parameters of the assignment are the short notice and the danger." She shakes her head. "It is…a rescue, but it is not a willing extraction. Shandi Sees-Through-Trees' unit has been posted to…the front." As if that needed to be said. "She will likely fight to the death to stay with her unit." The J. pauses for a moment. "I am taking risk too. Control, among you, will be able to vouch for me, but none but I have knowledge that it is you contracted for this job. If you fail, or if you kill the target, the fallout will fall upon me. I'm here to run other aspects of the operation," she explains.
Melani says "Patrolling the border lines?"

Rags stands. "I'm sorry… if she wants to stay with her brothers-in-arms and fight their battles with them, it's not my place to pull her unwillingly from their side. She's a warrior, and she's chosen her battle and her comrades. It wouldn't be right for me to impose /my/ will on a fellow warrior like that. I'm going to have to turn down this job."

Nate sighs and nods, "I'm honor-bound not to interfere, for similar reasons actually." He frowns as he glances at Rags, "It's not a rescue if she chose the life for herself, whatever your client might think." He scratches the back of his head and looks uncomfortable about that, "The Warrior wouldn't look favourably on me."

Melani remained silent herself. Still leaning against the wall.

Vera turns to Rags and Nate, taking a step forward. "She hasn't chosen her battle. She's about to be thrown onto the ash heap of history because of the machinations and simple indifference of governments, willing to throw away true soldiers like pawns. She has a benefactor who has other needs for her life, her humanity, her capacity as a soldier," she says. "Take the job, and at least send a statement that warriors are not to be thrown away, not just numbers on a page."

Melani says "Lettem go Posh. You force someone to go, you are risking my fookin ass."

Rags glances over at Nate, spocking up an eyebrow, then turns back to Vera and shakes her head. "If she's not willing to leave her brothers-in-arms, she's choosing her battles, as a warrior. It's /not/ my place to force a warrior away from those with whom she's chosen to bleed and maybe die with. Now, if the job's to keep her /alive/… I'll take the pay to go fight with her and her unit, long as they know I'm coming and that I'm on /their/ side… but I won't force her away from battles of her own choose… and hiring me to do merc-work's even more dangerous for me, so you're looking at paying a LOT more for /that/ job."

Nate shrugs, "Like she says, it's her choice. Whichever way ya cut it, it would be dishonorable to take that away from her. I'm sorry, I'll hang around in a locked room if you think you've revealed too much, until the time limits up. But I can't do that." He holds his hands palm up in apology, "Sending a message to the boys in charge more directly would be viable, or you could try to talk her round…"

The elf shrugs. "That's not the task, and there's no way you'd be going to the Front and coming back alive. Her unit is to be sacrificed as part of a…" She smiles and shakes her head. "Right, again, Control. Well. I hope that neither of you, then, will divulge any knowledge of this meeting to any others. I hope to work with either, of both of you, in another fashion in the future…though I do not share your particular set of principles, I do admire your conviction to yours."

Vera smiles at Nate and shakes her head. "No, if anything, neither of you have given me cause to doubt your integrity."

«STAFF» Captain Vimes will leave you guys alone now. Looks very interesting! Good luck getting runners to do it… and remember, if you don't feel you have enough, you can always send out the call again.

The j. reaches into her clutch to grab another smoke, turning to smile at the Dwarf. "Well, I suppose I'm going to have to arrange another meet."

Nate shifts himself to a stand position, nods his farewell and turns to head out, "Hope to see you again then, Posh." And out the door he goes.

"I've also chosen my path as a warrior, and this path of mine means that I'd rather die before I'll willingly give up information that I've learned this way - even though it probably means that another warrior, like this woman", Rags says, gesturing to the chip she didn't pick up, "will probably have to die. I just… can't force her away from battles of her own choosing. What I /can/ offer, though… is if she /does/ get pulled out by someone else and gets hurt along the way… I'll use my magic heal her up for free, best I can. As brave and dedicated a warrior as it sounds like she is… she deserves that much."

Melani shrugged eventually, before she held out her hand. "Let me see your phone Posh."

The redheaded elf takes out her pocsec and hands it to the dwarf, before arches an eyebrow at Annie. "I've said I don't share your principles, but I respect them. I do think you both have very odd views on what war actually is, and the difference between soldiers and warriors, and have a concept of honor that does not mesh with mine, but I do wish you well. But this job cannot afford a healing spectator."

Melani yawned a little before punching in a number, then holding the sec to her face.

Air has arrived.

Croc has arrived.

The back room of the Cool Cat looks a bit odd for an existing run. It's like walking into a meeting with only two people. Melani is already here, pint-sized, and Vera, dressed almost in a 'My First Day as a Johnson' costume, complete with a black blazer and slacks, heels, and a pair of sunglasses, is standing next to her, a rueful look on her face. Considering how recently and 'short-notice, opportunity within the next thirty hours' texts are…perhaps the two of you were not the first choices for the job. Misfits.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls 1 for "how do i arrive?":
2

Melani had simply texted air with "Hey Lucky, have a hot girl for you. Tall, beautifull dark haired amerind. But you have to go get her yourself. Back of Cool Cat." handing Posh back her pocsec as she settled herself in for another wait.

Air walks the whole, twenty yards or so from his aprtment to the Cool Cat. Nice living opposite. He's dressed in standard meet wear, a fine suit, nothing special. He has a Sioux face on today, the slight native tan and look, even dark hair, completely different to his normal self. Stepping in he nods politely to Melani and Posh, and then simply waits in silence. Last minute choice, rush job, time limit, things are ticking towards advantage: runner in the negotiations in his mind.

Croc causes a bit of stir as he swaggers into the cool cat club. Big and scary, mean and violent, Croc's a misfit for most jobs- but he gets them done when others can't: or won't. He makes it into the back of the club, a sneer on his face. He tosses his hair over his shoulder. "Joo needed a problem solver, jefe?" He asks.

«Plot» Air is attending as his Sioux identity 'Macawi'. Will be speaking with a Sioux accent for the duration.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Disguise for "+4 polymask.":
1 5 5 10

As Air and Croc arrive, Posh sends a dirty look towards Melani, but then turns toward each of you. "Well, I was going to introduce myself as Lady J, but I suppose that's rather silly now." She grins at Croc. "Ah, how delighted I am to hear you finally call me that. Thank you for coming on such short notice," she says, Projected up there is an image of a map, an overlay of a pretty, young, and very fit Native American woman, dark-eyed with rich dark hair, dressed in military BDUs. It's apparently a unit photograph of some sort of celebration - all are happily facing the camera, guns pointed upwards, beer bottles strewn around. "Mounted Recon Drinks the Ute Dry," is scribbled across the photo. "This is Shandi Sees-Through-Trees." she says, indicating the young woman in the photo. "She is a sergeant with Ute Mounted Recon. By all accounts she is intelligent, resourceful, and absolutely dedicated to her brothers-in-arms." She smiles. "She's about to be sent with her unit to death, and your job is to extract her, likely against her will, alive, to a location contained on one of these chips in Ute territory. Travel passes in and out will be provided - and you won't have to go through checkpoints with her. Her unit is going to be on patrol, thanks to Long Haul, continuously until the deadline, about twenty-eight hours from now, so…they will be aware. It is dangerous, but I'm authorized to offer fifty-five to each of you."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls Intelligence vs TN 14:
1 1 2 2 3 9 = 0 Successes

Croc grunts. "Fifty five? For fifty five mil, well…" his voice trails off, and he looks back over at Macawi, sizing up the other shadowrunner. "Who are joo? De J I know, and de half pint I've seen… but… no matter." He looks over at Melani. "Do joo have transport?"

Air inclines his head politely to Croc and then turns attention back to the J. With a smile he nods, "Sounds good Posh," recognising her from a previous run, "Of course, I am thiking that with the rush, and the need for us… last minute Mr. Fix-It's," he gestures between himself and Croc, who have pretty solid street rep, well would have if he wasn't disguised, "That you can probably authorise a little more than that." He smiles again, ever so friendly, "Since it will have to be a rush job, we won't be able to do the amount of recon I like, solet's call it risk-pay."

To Croc he winks and speaks fluent Spanish, "You know me Cocodrillo, and you will be the first into hell, as I promised you."
Melani rolled her eyes, before her mouth flashed into a wide grin. "No, I flew here on my magic wings. You can't see them now because my intelligent monkey servant has them. You bring a penis over three inches this time?" (Spanish)

Croc grunts, turns back to the J. He's learned this lesson. "De dirty sioux can negotiate for me." Then his eyes move to Melani, and he just licks his lips.

«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Intelligence for "Hey is that Air? I mean should I be trusting this guy to negotiate?":
1 2 2 3 4 4 5 9

The redheaded 'J' chuckles, and shakes her head. "I don't think I can," she says. "It's unfortunate, but you see, I'm taking on a lot of the risk. It's only me that knows who's being contracted, and if the target is killed or if the mission is a failure, it's on my head that any fallout will fall. That's also why I can't come with you - I'm running interference in other areas for it, to try to establish a cover for these activities."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) has the Attribute Intelligence with the value '6'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) has the Attribute Intelligence with the value '6 (8)'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls Negotiation vs TN 8:
1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "KP3/33":
1 2 3 4 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "KP4/33":
1 1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "KP6/33":
1 1 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Negotiation + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "KP9/33":
1 2 4 5 5 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» Air stands on 2.

Air opens his hands wide, "Ah we all take risks in different ways, but we take risk of life. I think it's worth another five kay a piece, at least, don't you?"

Ok, the injun could talk. And so Mel went back to leaning against the wall.

Perhaps a little reluctantly, the J nods. "Very well. Sixty thousand for each of you," she replies. She nods. "All right," she says, indicating the chips. "Each of the chips contains expected patrol zones and routes for her unit, which sends out three-man teams. Recon is, after all, heavy on the noncoms. Papers to get you through the Ute borders, there and back, will be provided. You'll need to move fast once you make your move; I can't give you check-in protocols for that area. Any other questions?" she asks.

"The passes are a standard set of IDs, along with a preapproved bypass for exactly one vehicle," Vera replies. "They're pretty solid passes, but they'll work best at the border. If your cargo wakes up and screams because you get stopped by a cop for drunk rigging, there's not much they can do for you."

Air nods, satisfied to get the minor increase in pay, it was just the principle of the matter in his mind. The J is holding money back, it's only fair. Taking a chip he slips it inside his suit jacket and then unfocuses as he scans the data on his image link. "Three man team, bring her back alive. Deliver in… twenty seven hours or less." He pauses, "So the pass is no guarantee we won't be "randomly searched", which is a bad thing. Better finding a route cross country in that case."

Croc grunts as the negotiator negotiates. "Sounds like good deal," he agrees. "What is de hard part?"

"It's very unlikely that you'll actively be stopped and searched unless you do something odd. I don't think there's excellent links between military and law enforcement in the area." She smiles at Croc. "She has to stay alive, and she's a soldier who won't want to leave her unit, at least from all information we have."

Melani says "Don't know if I can handle cross country. At least not well. Thats the big problem."

Vera offers Melani a smile. "I don't think that's a problem I can solve for you."

Air shrugs, "We'll figure it out, it's not for you to worry about. That's all the questions from me."
Melani shrugged then nodded. Taking one of the chips herself.
Croc takes another. "Not much time," he says, then looks at the others. "Vaminos?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "So, you leave, with the sound of Vera chuckling, Scrooge-like, over the money she skimmed from all youse. So: the ultimate question from the GM: What do you do?"
«Plot» Air calls Roman Johnson to see if he knows any decent off-road and out of view routes from Denver proper into the Ute sector we can use.
«Plot» Melani says, "Croc."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "There's one that goes through a relatively ill-tended border check, not too far away. It's an area that has to do recce patrols near Salt Lake, after all."

«Plot» Air will also ask Roman if he has an Armtech MGL, either size, available right now. Money is almost no object.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette vs TN 6 for "Does he?":
3 5 5 9 15 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Mel can carry weapons for you guys in the van, and not actually take the both of you."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "And can you use Pr4 for those kinds of discussions? :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You can secure and buy the MGL-6 if you want."

«Plot» Air will buy two more successes raising the price to 8112nuyen and lowering the time to 9 hours.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "(The 18 hours would, I mean) Or you can do 10k for one right now, or you could buy more successes. :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Okay. 19 hours to go."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Either of you doing/getting anything in that 9 hours?"
«Plot» Melani says, "I am getting gas for all my drones, and the van. Just to be specifically clear on that."
«Plot» Croc says, " :will go visit the chapel in fox hollow and pay a tithe, say prayers, etc."
«Plot» Air says, "Saps. I'm going to try to find an apprpriate pattern camo fullsuit as well."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's an eight hour drive time, by the way."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Etiquette vs TN 5 for "36 hours base":
1 2 2 2 7 = 1 Success
«Plot» Air buys one but ain't waiting for it to arrive.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Could throw that karma pool at it. :)"
«Plot» Air will make do with inappropriate camo.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I think you can just make a suitable sap with batteries and socks."
«Plot» Air is ready to go. Loading up the off roadver. Mel can take most of the weapons since she has a proper sealed van and the border pass.
«Plot» Melani says, "Good to go."
«Plot» Croc thumbs up.

The Ute checkpoint is almost laughably easy, given the strength of Air's diguise and the passes provided to Melani. But that's not going to be the tough part - after all, a recon team in this hardscrabble land is quite a hard target, even if you know its likely routes ahead of time.

Melani luckily, knew what she was doing, it wasn't hard in Ute-land to find some abandoned whatever with a still servicable access road that took you out of sight. All she needed was to be close /enough/. In posistion she flicked on her comm with a wink to the trog next to her in the…amazingly non dwarf modified van.
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Hey, where is our rendesvous?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Melani, what's the range of your drones?"
Croc is leaning back in Melani's van, stroking the various and sundry weapons he's brought with him. "Are joo sure we won't get pulled over?" He asks. "I would hate to kill me half a dozen on de way." He pauses, wondering if he's believable. "Absolutely hate it."

«Plot» Melani says, "Oddly enough I don't know offhand. My Condors range is pretty much infinite. ^_^"

«Plot» Melani says, "The Stratos by my math have rougly a 44 mile strike area."

Air pulls his Rover off road behind Mel's van, parking it for the moment. Getting out he goes to throw on his outer layer of camo suit, plug in his radio, check comms, grenades and all the other fun minutia of a runners life. Running through his gear he decides against the new ArmTech MGL at the last minute, instead selecting his more versatile Alpha for the job. Heading over to the van he makes sure everyone is on the same cycle of comm channels while they wait for word from Mel if anything can be seen. He chats with Croc, "So, preferably, they'll all go down to a stun grenade. If they don't though, just pick off the others with whatever you have. The girl will go down to the second stun grenade. Then we scoop her up and leave. If they're out where this van can't go, you'll need to hop in mine, it's almost as good off road as on."

«Stats System» Numb (#4836) has subtracted 20000 nuyen from your sheet for 'Adding contacts'.
«Queue System» Numb (#4836) just added a note to queue entry number 79 on Equipment.

Melani says "Can't drive and drone at the same time Indian. I'll get us a lock, and pray to god Border Radar isn't on the ball today. Get her, bind her, extract to the vehicles. We then clear out."

Air growls, "I was talking to Cocdrillo, halfer, shouldn't you be paying attention to those drones?"
Melani rolled her eyes, and gave the Air in disguise a salute of a single finger, already working on unpacking her drones, getting them set, ready. Her Condor, and two stratos. She wouldn't need the walkers for this.
Croc selects his own Sabre assault rifle, then. "Right. Will play soft with them for now. Don't want a whole army after me… not dis week." He strokes the weapon affectionately, then looks up at Air. "Be prepared to tranq her. If dis goes sideways, can use laes so she don't remember us shooting up her friends."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I will next be able to provide input once you enter the patrol area. :)"

Air nods at that, and then taps his radio, "Let's keep the chatter to a miimum if we can though, the mil is always trying to listen in." Then he heads back to his own car, climbing into the drivers seat, pulling it up alongside the van. Still waiting on drone recon.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "They are patrolling a 40-mile section of the border."
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
Melani Left the Stratos on the ground as soon as she was back in the van. To much of an oppertunity for them to get scanned by radar. No, just the condor for now. Mid-Altitude, stealthy, her RCD in her lap in the drivers side of the van as she took to hunting a patrol with a two toned mini blimp.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Give me a perception test with that thing, Melani."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5:
1 2 5 5 13
«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Intelligence + 2 for "Perception, clearsight autosoft.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 9

«Plot» Lady J. says, "The drone is not able to detect anything."

«Plot» Lady J. waits for pin to drop? :)
«Plot» Melani says, "Gonna look for a patrol vehicle. Sig should be easier to pick up on."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "They're trained recon, going no headlights, tiny little engine, 10 mph. Sig should be no more than +3."
«Plot» Melani says, "Relying on sensors, wich means not my best drone for it but hey."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I want to be fair, though - does that sound about right?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Ah, the signature of the vehicle is 3."

«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls 2 vs TN 3 for "This drone sucks for sensors, but the strato has a crappy siiiiig.":
4 5 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I'm going to rule totally unfairly that 5 seems about right for the signature with the stealth mod and the special training. It's hard to detect a slow-running jeep or buggy. So you get once success on the sensor test for those TN adjustments."

You paged Melani with 'Ground Vehicle. 10 MPh. Approaching.'.
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Got something, sending up a looker to get a better look. North, north east. Heading our way, slightly faster than a run."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Okay, what are you doing now, Melani?"
Croc wakes up a bit at that. "Hrm," he says, doubling checking his assault rifle's loadout. "Locked and loaded."
Melani took the moment to bring up one of her stratos from standby to airborne, low altitude, she wasn't going to risk the radar net. Still better sensors, so she jumped drones, putting the condor into a hover as she flicked the roto drone through Infra and low light to get a fix on a target confirmation.

Air starts up the engine of his Land Rover in anticipation, and immediately turns the heater on full, huffing warm air at his hands.

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 4 for "Passive sensor roll vs Mel's condor.":
1 2 3 3

«Plot» Melani says, "Sig on Condor is 10."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Erm, I meant stratos. I figured it was stealth, so it doesn't matter."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "That's why I didn't roll earlier. :)"
«Plot» Melani says, "Sig on my Strato is 4."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Then they fail to detect it. :)"
«Plot» Melani says, "Other one is remaining grounded for now. ^_^"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Okay. Roll whatever you're doing with the Strat."

«Time» The current IC time is: Tue Dec 21 20:16:45 2070

«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Intelligence + 2 for "Strato, Clearsight Autosoft. Jumped in. Thermal/Low Light, target known, trying to identify and confirm.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 7 9 11 16

You paged Melani with 'Target confirmed. L-C buggy, three people. Ingram Valiant in ring mount. Target is carrying a shotgun, the driver appears to have an assault rifle in a very nearby handle.'.

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Confirm, Buggy at two kilometers north north-east. Heading south. Three hostiles…buggy is armed with an AGL…no confirming LMG. Driver and passanger outside of gunner, both with long arms. Confirming, target is passanger. Movement, movement, heading change and speed increase, coming this way."

Croc grunts, looking towards his panther, now. "How heavily armored?" He growls, hoping the dwarf is listening in meatside, too. "Should I blow up dere ride?"
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Confirm our direction? We've been spotted?"

Melani was jacked in, no such luck Croc.
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Confirm, intercept course. Releasing the safetys on fire support. Call it if you absolutely need it."

You paged Melani with 'You can see them. The sergeant is looking down at sensors. The driver is looking around, and the person on the LMG is doing alert sweeps.'.

You paged Melani with 'It seems like they have something on sensors but don't see anything yet.'.
Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Do joo need me to kill dere ride?"
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Clear out of your van. Make the vehicles look deserted. We just made an ambush."
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Looks like we still have the drop on them, they are searching on a sensor blip. Gunner has not locked. And I am immobile. Crocadillo, pick me up."

Air clears out of his land rover at that point, leaving it idling with the heater on inside. Taking his Alpha away he starts scanning for a decent hidey hole for himself, ten or so meters to a side.
Croc throws the strapped panther on, the strapped sabre on, and grabs Melani, clearing out of the vehicle and heading into the terrain. He holds the dwarf over his shoulder and looks for cover, hunkering down about fifteen meters on the opposite side of the road from Air, putting the dwarf down gently as he can.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Give me perception checks."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "And give yourselves hide checks if you're hiding. :)"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "Low-light+eyelight":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Intelligence for "Low-light+eyelight KP10":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Intelligence + 2 for "Still in the strato, clearsight is active.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 9 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Stealth for "i HIDE!":
1 4 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence for "natural thermographic":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I'm ruling that Croc could hide Melani with his bulk."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence for "natural thermographic kp 1":
1 1 1 2 4 5 5

«Plot» Melani says, "For the record, second strato is going up. Wich is why I have to stay jacked in. As for my stealth. Croc will have to hide me."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Intelligence for "natural thermographic kp 3":
1 1 2 4 5 11 28

«OOC» Croc says, "there we go!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Stealth:
2 2 3 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 4 5 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5:
2 2 3 5 11

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5:
1 2 2 3 5

It is a dark night, and despite the lack of light pollution, there are still clouds, and there is still danger. The buggy starts to be seen…and it is dark, small, and low. Suddenly, as it ranges to within about a hundred yards, the pretty dark-haired woman sees not through just trees, but through desert as well. Quick shouts have the man at the LMG fixing his pintle mount, while both the driver and the sergeant tumble from the open sides of the buggy to engage. They are fast, smart, and they clearly know what they're doing.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Initiative with a result of 18.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Initiative with a result of 29.
«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Initiative using a VCR rating 3 with a result of 23.

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 2:
2 3

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 2:
4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 2:
4 10

«Plot» Lady J. says, "He loses a pass or a whole turn?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Air, you're up first."

«Plot» Air launches his prepared grenade at the buggy. Aim action, fire. Range?

«Plot» Lady J. says, "142 meters or thereabouts."
«OOC» Air says, "101-150 meters is long range for a launcher, and a yard is slightly less than a meter, so that."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 8 for "Smartlinked, grenadelinked, etc.":
1 3 3 4 4 5 5 10 15 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 8 for "KP11":
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Launch Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 8 for "KP13":
2 3 4 5 5 5 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 for "Scatter meters":
2

«OOC» Air says, "16M base with 1 success, right over the cab."

«OOC» Lady J. says, "Okay. They spend their combat pool and some karma pool on damage resistance."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 7 + 3 vs TN 10 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 3/10 KP used":
1 1 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 7 + 2 vs TN 10 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 4/10 KP used":
1 1 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 9 17 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 7 + 2 vs TN 10 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 6/10 KP used":
2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Sergeant has trauma damper, takes an L."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 1 of item 1: IPE Concussive Mini-Grenade from PRESIO STUN GRENADE (#9177).

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 3 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 3/8 KP used":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 21 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 2 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 4/8 KP used":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 5 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 2 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 6/8 KP used":
1 1 1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 9 14 15 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Driver takes no damage, with his damper."

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 3 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 3/8 KP used":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 2 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 4/8 KP used":
1 1 1 1 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 6 + 2 vs TN 9 for "DR test vs powerful grenade, 6/8 KP used":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 5 8 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Lady J. says, "And the LMG guy takes an L, with damper."

The grenade is eerily well-placed, managing to burst incredibly closely to the trio of soldiers. The trauma dampers manage to do considerable duty in helping the soldiers to suddenly dive out of the still slowly moving vehicle, which grinds to a stop just a second later. Already, the sergeant seems to be making quick hand motions. Both her and the guy in the ring mount, who'd ducked behind two two of the seats and suffered a reduced effect of the blast, seem to be a little pained, but these are not easily rattled folks.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Croc, your turn. :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "No, wait, it's Mel's."
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Blow the vehicle, Control, gel them."

«Plot» Melani says, "Sorry trying to remember the "spread fire" rules."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I remember gun rules, at least. :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Who do you want to target, how many bullets you firing?"
«Plot» Melani says, "Multitargets Air."

«Plot» Melani says, "I am going to be unloading 9 gel rounds."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Okay. Against who?"
«Plot» Melani says, "Want to try to get as many as possible."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You can get all 3."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Base power/damage?"
«Plot» Melani says, "Then, what are my mods? I have 9 Recoil comp."
«Plot» Melani says, "Base power damage on the Ultrimax (What I have been told to use for my statless MMG) is 9S."
«Plot» Melani says, "Or 7s with the gel."
«Plot» Melani says, "Stunners of course."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Range: 142 yards. TN mods: +2 for dark, +2 for moving target."
«Plot» Melani says, "Just need to know if I have any negative modifiers past my multi-target. Should be 3 rounds on each as I doubt they are more than a meter appart. Mods for dark after electronic Thermo?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Oh, you're right. The mod is actually +4 with electronic thermo."
«Plot» Melani says, "Ugh with that in mind I would like to declare full burst into the LMG gunner."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Ok."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's 'minimal light'"

«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 11 for "Full auto, machine gunner.":
2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Melani (#11271) rolls Gunnery + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 11 for "Full auto, machine gunner. KP 1/3":
1 1 2 2 5 5 5 9 9 10 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Melani says, "Hold on a miss."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Pose it. Croc?"

Melani took a moment as her body tightened on the ground. Then the sound and the noise, the loud spit of a support weapon firing as flash and casings started to rain from the sky, hot gel slamming into bars and flesh as she started to light up. Unfortunetly no effect.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Heavy Weapons (Panther Assault Cannon) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 8 for "medium range, tn 5. -1 tn for aim, +2 for called shot, 0-2 for smartlink. BAM!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Heavy Weapons (Panther Assault Cannon) + Combat Pool: 5 - 1 vs TN 8 for "medium range, tn 5. -1 tn for aim, +2 for called shot, 0-2 for smartlink. BAM! kp 4/10":
1 2 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Heavy Weapons (Panther Assault Cannon) + Combat Pool: 5 - 2 vs TN 8 for "medium range, tn 5. -1 tn for aim, +2 for called shot, 0-2 for smartlink. BAM! kp 6/10":
2 3 3 5 5 7 9 9 9 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) uses 1 of item 2: Assault Cannon Rounds from Panther Assault System (#1106).

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 9 for "9 armor, including helmet, Body damage resistance, 7/8 kp":
1 2 4 4 4 7 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 9 for "9 armor, including helmet, Body damage resistance, 8/8 kp reroll":
1 3 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It doesn't save him."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Pose dismembering the gunner. :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "The uninjured driver takes a shot at Croc with his assault rifle, full-auto, because he seems like the most dangerous target."

Croc's been waiting for this. Targets scatter from the grenade. His thermographic vision tracks them all from his covered position, but… oooh, suprise. Someone stayed aboard. «ill kill buggy shortly. Killing gun first.» His aim shifts, targeting the machine gunner, setting his targeting reticle on the target's chest even as it clears the cover of the gunwell… and then he pulls the trigger.

There's a thunderclap of power from the cannon, and the explosive shell plows clear through the target's chest, carrying the torso (minus arms and legs) with it for a good thirty meters before it explodes, showering everything in a five meter radius with gib.

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 7 for "Assault rifle, range, tn and movement mods, smartlink, recoil comped.":
2 3 3 5 10 11 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "All right, Croc, that's 15D, +1 success."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) has the Armor Rating Ballistic with the value '0 (8)'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Combat Pool: 5 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 6 for "kp7/10":
2 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Combat Pool: 5 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 6 for "kp8/10":
1 2 3 4 17 21 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Combat Pool: 5 + Karma Pool: 1 - 2 vs TN 6 for "kp10/10":
3 5 10 10 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Croc says, "THAT makes it a miss."

Croc hunkers down further behind cover to avoid return fire!

«Plot» Lady J. says, "The sergeant looses a quick pair of bursts of shotgun shots at Air, who seems the more immediate danger, given the grenade launcher - the PAC is a big toy, but it was the grenade that completely shattered them from the vehicle."

The sergeant looses a quick pair of bursts of shotgun shots at Air, who seems the more immediate danger, given the grenade launcher - the PAC is a big toy, but it was the grenade that completely shattered them from the vehicle.
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Control, confirming kill. Jesus, I thought we were doing this without the death."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Pre-emptive revenge. Dey shot at me!"

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 13 for "KP, burst fire shotgun, extreme range, TN 13":
1 3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 13 for "KP, burst fire shotgun, extreme range, TN 13 reroll KP 8/10 used":
1 2 3 3 4 10 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 + 1 vs TN 13 for "KP, burst fire shotgun, extreme range, TN 13 reroll KP 10/10 used":
1 1 2 4 9 9 = 0 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You were right, Air, she should have gone with the assault rifle. c.c"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Better yet, a sniper rifle. :D Anyway, it's…now Air's turn again."

«Plot» Air will fire a 9 round FA at the guy with the assault rifle and then shout at the sergeant chick.
«Plot» Air says, "Medium range, low-light vision, 5+2 +?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "No more movement this pass. Movement mods for both you and them eliminated."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "How will you fire a 9 round FA?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You only can have one simple with your assault rifle."
«Plot» Air says, "Final TN is 5 then. With the trigger? FA is complex."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "The GL is in your hands."
«Plot» Air is in a new pass. The GL is underbarrel.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You can't quickdraw an assault rifle…ah. Okay. My mistake. :)"
«Plot» Air has 12 recoil comp, so that's all covered.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Yeah, looks like TN 7."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 5 for "Base 8M, Firepower ammo (+1power -2 armour)":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 10 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 - 6 vs TN 5 for "Base 8M, Firepower ammo (+1power -2 armour) KP14":
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 - 6 vs TN 5 for "Base 8M, Firepower ammo (+1power -2 armour) KP16":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 16 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "He's dead. That's more than he has Body + Karma pool."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 9 of item 1: Firepower Assault Rifle rounds from Ammo Crate (#4547).

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Pose murdering him. Melani? Action?"

«Plot» Air is shouting at the Sergeant to surrender too.
«Plot» Melani says, "Move closer, and aim/aim. Air is yelling something and I want to give the girl a chance to respond since now we are killing everyone."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Are you absolutely sure you want to do that, Melani?"
«Plot» Melani says, "My drone is moving closer."
«Plot» Melani says, "Not me. ^_^ Want to try to get in short range."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "But you are not shooting this pass?"
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«Plot» Melani says, "No I am not, I am taking two aims, as me firing is a complex action."
Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Still want buggy dead?"

Air mentally switches mode back to assault rifle, after launching the grenade that is intended to sow havoc. It does pretty well, and after Croc takes out the main threat Air moves onto the secondary. There ain't no way he's killing the target so her companion gets his full attention. Nine rounds of hot, high explosive armour piercing ammo, fresh from Ares manufactories. The Alpha barks loud and long in a vicious staccato of death, and the poor Ute recon… he never stood a chance. Fresh sausagemeat if there ever was any. NO fireworks display here, just murdered flesh strewn about a set of legs. Air speaks up loud then, trying to be heard over the raucous gunfire, "Sergeant Sees-Through-Trees! Give up! We have you surrounded and outgunned. Surrender now."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Okay. Pose it. Croc, what are you doing?"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Yes"

Melani slipped her Strato forward, sending a mental command to the other and the Condor to RTB. This would be over soon, hopefully without any more blood.
«Plot» Croc is going to shoot the buggy. same tns as before, -2 for stationary?
«Plot» Croc checks. +1 range. +2 vision. -2 stationary?

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Heavy Weapons (Panther Assault Cannon) vs TN 3 for "+1 range, +2 vision, -1 stationary, -1 aim action. BLAMO. 18d base.":
1 3 4 5 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's a buggy. It dies."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) uses 1 of item 2: Assault Cannon Rounds from Panther Assault System (#1106).

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "?":
2 2 4 4 7 = 3 Successes <GMnote added to log> Quickdraw roll for her Guardian

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 4 vs TN 2:
1 4 7 10 = 3 Successes <GMnote added to log> Shooting self with Guardian burst

Croc's cannon of death speaks again as he adjusts his aim, switching to the body of the buggy. «Si,» he says, and pulls the trigger. The cannon roars and the buggy rocks, flipping over on its side with the force of the blast. Croc chuckles. «For De Commanche! Remember me, mudderfuckers? WHO IS NOT AN ASSET TO DE NATION NOW?»

«Auto-Judge[]» Lady J. (#11342) rolls 5 vs TN 12 for "?":
1 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes <Soak test against Guardian burst>

Her two men, the men she had been sworn to protect, have been killed, and a heavy duty weapon has just taken out the buggy! A high voice, soft and ragged with tension, but actually quite pretty. "Fuck you, paleface! You'll never take me alive!" The distinctive three-round burst of a Savalette Guardian sounds, and then…nothing. Through the viewscreen of her drone, Melani can see the shotgun drop from the woman's figures, her eyes close, and then with a sudden movement, she draws a pistol strapped to her thigh and bores a three round stutter through her frontal lobe, in-and-out.

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "You…have…to be shitting me. This is control. Abort, I say again mission is abort."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "That was…let's see. 12S, staged up to D, no soak successes, and one box of overdam?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Any of you know first aid?"

Air was actually Sioux too, not even a paleface. Standing up he grumbles and starts sprinting towards her. Dropping his rifle to sling he yanks the savior from his back as he runs, there is a slim chance, after all.

«Plot» Air is a surgeon with a savior kit.
«Plot» Air kinda needs to motor 140 meters in not very long though.

«OOC» Lady J. says, "She's been attacked on the border near Salt Lake, where the Anglo reservation is."

«OOC» Lady J. says, "She didn't get a good look at you."
«OOC» Air says, "He has a Sioux accent."
«OOC» Air says, "But that's minor."

Croc swears six ways to south sunday and rises to his feet. "Madre de dios," he mutters. "Stupid slitch." He lets the panther fall to his sling, and then he starts to RUN as fast as he can, rushing to wear the woman blew a hole into her face.

«Plot» Air assumes we need athletics to get to her quickly.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Nah. I'm going by realistic living times now that we're out of combat."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "She'll bleed out fast, but with a decent athletics you can get there in 20 seconds."

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) rolls Athletics for "COME ON CRAZY TROLL!":
2 3 4 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Athletics + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 5 for "KP21":
1 2 2 4 4 5 8 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Athletics + Karma Pool: 2 - 3 vs TN 5 for "KP22":
1 2 2 3 11 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '5 (9)'.
«Plot» Air says, "Effective quickness 15"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "To clarify, she shot herself in the head in the most 'natural' way, which is side of the head, pointing more forward than she's think Goes in one temple and out the side of the other forehead. You'd be surprised at how well people can recover from such a wound."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I'm going to rule that you get to her to make a doctoring attempt."

Melani was already RTB on her drones, jacking out with a gasp for air upon the cold ground before disconnecting the leader cord from the back of her neck. "Fook, mother fookin idiots!"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Hey, Mel, you had a perfect chance to gel her, no KP, no combat pool. :)"

«Plot» Melani says, "We had also called out surrender."

«Plot» Melani says, "I also had a TN11 to gel her, with her only at a L wound. ^_^"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Should have been a 9."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "no more moving target mod this round. :)"
«OOC» Air would call it bad conditions +1TN, bod 5 -1TN, have savior -1TN, BI half round up+TN.

«OOC» Air says, "She has at least a trauma damp,. so +1 from bio"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "TN 10."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "She has less than 2 BI, definitely."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Biotech + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 10 for "KP25":
1 1 1 3 3 3 9 10 = 1 Success

«Plot» Air stabilises her.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "On the plus side, you probably don't have to use laes!"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Hmm."
«Game» The mists swirl around a single point, then coalesce into the form of Vulcan.

Despite the grievous wound to her brain, the frontal lobe is one of the most plastic areas of said brain, and at least the limbic pathways weren't devastated. Air manages, through almost titanic effort, to quickly use the nanite paths to close off the major blood vessels of Shandi Sees-Through-Trees' skull. She'll live, and with good trauma surgery, she'll make a (mostly) full recovery.

Air is huffing air mightily once he gets over to the fallen Ute, slamming onto his knees and dropping the Savior next to. Whipping it open he slams an injection of nanites right into the jugular and immediately begins packing a huge padded bandage to her head. "Fucking mental." That's all he says. Scraping a hand across his face he sighs as he glances upwards.

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "We can move her, carefully. She's still alive. Need to get her flat and stable in your van."

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "And then what. I am not explaining at the delivery point what fookin happened because somewhere along the line there was the decision to go bloody. Mother fooker. I am going to need ten to see if I can ever transport her."

Croc grunts as he arrives next to Air. "Can carry her," letting his weapons dangle on their slings. "Will… try to be gentle. But we must get out of her -now-." Then control speaks, and his eyes narrow.
Croc looks at Air, hoping his response will be less… violent than his first inclination.

Air shoves himself to standing, grabbing his savior kit up and packing it as he goes. «Control, you will transport her, this slitch is worth 180k to us alone. We'll take her to a doc before we deliver, trauma surgery will get her fixed.» And he's walking towards the vehicles, while trying to keep an eye on his patient.

Croc will lift up the woman, picking her up as gently as he can, and will start to walk over towards the van.

Melani was already in motion she had drones to break down and store, luckily big van. Still 2 KIAs and almost a third on a military border patrol. Not happy times and it showed, her eyes occasionally glancing skyward as she tried to get everything packed and ready /now/.

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "Transport her /where/?"

Air curses audibly and then comes over comms again, «Just make sure there's lots of light and room in your van, I'm going to have to do the trauma surgery here. There's no way we can risk a bumpy ride with her.» And then he's getting the Savior kit ready again. Trauma surgery in a van with just a medkit, this'll be fun.

Croc continues carrying her over carefully. «Do we have time… I suppose we must make time. Right. Will help if I can, gringo.» He gets her over to the van and lays her, gently, inside, leaning down to whisper in the dying woman's ear, taking something small and beaded from his pocket.
Croc says in Spanish, "Senorita, this is not your time." He moves the beaded necklace over her, slowly forming a cross pattern. "you are a warrior, strong and brave. suicide is a mortal sin, and God is not ready for you yet: you have many battles left to fight. I speak for the reaper, and I tell you: your time is not yet. Come back to us, and continue your fight against the white man. For the sake of the people, and for the greater glory of god."
Croc dropped Rosary.
Panther Assault System has left.
Croc's Sabre has left.
«Auto-Judge[]» Croc (#8805) has the Knowledge Skill Roman Catholicism with the value '2 (3)'.

«Plot» Air counts, base is 4, TN mod anywhere up to +4 for conditions, +3 for not being in a surgical clinic or ambulance, neither of you good enough to assist, no magical care, -1 TN for having a savior kit.

With the metabolic arresting compounds flowing through her bloodstream, Shandi Sees-Through-Trees lays on the floor of Melani's van, her body processes slowed almost to nothing. She'd still had decent blood pressure when Air'd managed to slow things down and get a brain-trauma pressure sensor, especially into the exit wound where the brain tissue hadn't just closed back up around the wound channel. Air would recognize that, at least if the trauma surgery is world-class, there is still a chance for near total recovery. She'll have a nice bit of chrome in the old dome, but it's far less nasty than if she'd thought to shoot herself under the chin.

Melani grunted herself, she was in one of her things now. Pointing Croc towards the Land Rover as she herself got into the drivers seat of the van. Running the leader cable from black box to her head. Silent preayers given for gravel roads over dirt ones. "Give me a location Macwai."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Melani's van has a seal, so I'm going to say it's actually pretty good for places to operate. It's a little cramped, so I'm only going to give you +1 for the condidtions, but you have the full +3 for no clinic or ambulance."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "TN 8."
«Plot» Air says, "-1 for savior +1 for bio. Yay"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I will also say…"

Air climbs in with the girl and starts laying his pitiful tooling out around her head. "Location right friggin' here. Shine a light on her head. You're about to see me fix a skull with a can opener." Taking another nanite injection he hits her with it for good measure, healing nanites never hurt anyone. Then he picks up some pitiful mockeries of surgeons tools and goes to work on the pretty girl's skull.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Biotech + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 8 for "KP28/33":
1 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Biotech + Karma Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 8 for "KP29/33":
1 1 2 4 5 7 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls Biotech + Karma Pool: 2 - 2 vs TN 8 for "KP31/33":
3 4 4 5 5 7 = 0 Successes

Croc grunts, pocketing the rosary again, and he takes a flashlight out, and BAM! right on target. "She is too strong to die yet," he tells the psuedo-sioux. "De angels, dey will defend her."

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 vs TN 8:
3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 vs TN 8:
1 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 1 vs TN 8:
2 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Air says, "She gets a Marred Appearance."

«OOC» Lady J. says, "At least I think it is. :)"

Air the pseudo-Sioux gets his pseudo-tan hands even more bloody now, doing the damage control needed for bullet trauma, but very delicate with it being a triple head wound. Melani's van gets some blood on it, and this kind of procedure doesn't just take minutes either. He grunts in thanks for the light. Halfway through he rubs a hand over his sweating forehead, leaving a blood trail, "She's gonna need cosmetic surgery if she wants to look perfect again. Though maybe she'll appreciate the scars with her warrior spirit." Trying to sound a bit Sioux there, as he dives right back in.

Melani was out of it, so she didn't respond, only drove. Granted she still hadn't been told a destination so lord know where she was going.
Croc grunts. "Scars add character," he says. "I would not trade one of mine for all joor pretty-boy looks." He continues holding the light, patiently. "Let us know when joo are ready to move."

With drugs and the surgery, the patient seems to relax. There's considerable damage to the frontal lobe area, but thanks to the angle of the shot, which had been 'in temple and out forehead,' the results of the surgery restores blood flow to all areas of the brain not directly affected. Shandi Sees-Through-Trees won't be as pretty, but she will live. What kind of life she has, however, will depend on the course of her therapy.

By the time he's done, Air has blood smeared all over his polymask, from wiping away sweat forming behind it and seeping through. He rewraps her head with a brand new bandage, and hits her with another dose of nanites. "That's it, the best I can do. Now we need to leave. Someone help me clean up." Then he's getting out, leaving the girl there. The polymask will have to come off, and be stowed hidden. The camo fullsuit is off too, blood stains wrapped and hidden in the massive cargo boxes on the land rover. Air pulls on some gloves to cover his bloody hands and shrugs to Croc, "Guess I'm back to being me for a while." Heading to his land rover he comms, "«Move out, just head to the delivery point. She'll have to do.»

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 2 for "Supplies":
2 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 2 for "Supplies":
1 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 2 for "Supplies":
4 5

«Plot» Air doesn't use up supplies at all.

Croc nods. "Will cover it," he says, tugging the woman a little deeper into the van, following her in and adopting a defensive position pointed out the back before he shuts the door. If they face pursuit… well, he has a big gun to go down firing. He tosses his hair over his shoulder. «Let's blow dis place. As de man said, to de delivery zone. Make tracks! We do not have much time!»
Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Try to cushion her head with something for the bumps too."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Planning to go to the drop with your precious cargo? Or did you want to find the services of a healing mage?"

Melani grunted, she was already ready. Only time would tell now if they had picked up a watcher from the brief but heavy combat. Down the road she went. At Croc's request setting a course for the delivery zone.

«Plot» Croc doesn't think we have enough time to find a mage and then get her out to the drop point, but isn't sure of the distances to either.
«Plot» Air can call a mage to meet us, if you want.
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's all up to you. You have a little time, still, since you didn't spend it all getting equipment at the start. :)"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Or you can deliver her, with an S wound."
«Plot» Air would call Adam, he's not currently responding though. :)

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Them's the breaks. :)"
«Plot» Air says, "Oh, here he is."
Croc will cushion the woman's head on his Thigh during the ride.

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I…can't think of a fair reason why you can't, other than that I shouldn't run for well-experienced and well-connected players."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "How does he plan on travelling?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "It's an 8 hour drive, Denver to Salt Lake."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "You had 10 hours remaining before the surgery."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "How long did the surgery take?"
«Plot» Air has no idea how long it takes, doesn't have M&M here.
«Plot» Croc says, "is the drop off point in denver?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "No, it's in Ute."

Air jacks himself into his Land Rover to drive, leaving his hands free to make a phone call. He dials up Aquis. "Waterboy. I need a healing consult. Near SLC. Reckon you can make it?"

Air nods to himself, letting a bit of a sile through for the first time this mission, "Bit of an emergency head trauma, yeah. Jobs worthwhile though, seems to be all quiet for the moment. Give her a qcuik zappy and all she'll have to remember us is a scar."
Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Rather deliver her injured on time than late and a little less injured, si?"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "I will rule that you could have Adam be called once you know the surgery is going bad. Driving/bus/train all would not be fast enough."

«Plot» Lady J. says, "To make it in time and have you make your meet, he'd need to average 120 mph."

At the delivery, Lady J. is not there to meet you. Instead, there is a distinguished Native American man in his fifties, wearing a suit, with long, silver hair. His skin is quite smooth, as it seems he's kept himself out of the sun. Pleasure and excitement seem to appear on his face as he sees the van pull in, and he looks like a child before his birthday. "You have her?" he assaults on the first person to exit the van. "Please, tell me my daughter is all right!"

«Plot» Lady J. says, "Your GM got OOCly bored and time ran out. :)"

Expendible Anchoring Foci has left.
Croc will step out, looking at the Native American man. "Joor daughter is here," he says. "She yet lives, and is free of de struggle she has put herself in. Do joo wish to see her, elder?" Croc is actually being respectful, to some degree. Buying time for what might be going on the back. "She is a spirited girl."

He pulls his Land Rover up behind the van and slides it around, seeing Croc going to intercept man, he pulls up and steps out. He starts looking aroun at the sky for some reason, as if waiting for something.
«Plot» Air says, "That would be me, being the other he from Croc."
Commlink-Control> Melani says, "This is alllllll you two."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Do not worry. I am expert negotiator."

«Auto-Judge[]» Adam (#1093) uses 1 of item 1: Haytue (F6 Air Elemental) Services from Elementals (#1103).

Air ponders and then speaks in his native Swedish quietly, "Fetch, go hang out up there in the astral plane. If you see an Air elemental tell me."
His eyes narrow. "If you've…if you've…" His voice trails off. "She is the most important thing in the world," he finally says, simply. There is nothing else to be said. Understanding dawns on his face. "Oh. You understand, of course, that I cannot pay you until I have spoken to her myself, to be sure that she is alive and my daughter."

The man looks anxious, but he's lived too much a life of politeness and prestige in order to reject Croc's discussion. "That she is," he says. "Wait, don't tell me she was injured…" His eyes narrow. "If you've…if you've…" His voice trails off. "She is the most important thing in the world," he finally says, simply. There is nothing else to be said. Understanding dawns on his face. "Oh. You understand, of course, that I cannot pay you until I have spoken to her myself, to be sure that she is alive and my daughter."

«Plot» Air sends up his own elemental as an astral beacon for Adam's air elemental.

Croc looks left. Looks right. Looks up into the sky. "I understand. And Joo understand, honored elder, dat I need to ensure dat joo have money before I let joo see the girl. I have been trapped too many times. But I assure joo. I have not harmed your daughter, and have given her comfort all de way here."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vulcan (#3087) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Int vs TN to follow directions to the middle of meat-world nowhere and locate one man. Base time of 30 minutes of searching.":
1 1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Show him to the girl. He may as well see her."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vulcan (#3087) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Int vs TN to follow directions to the middle of meat-world nowhere and locate one man. Base time of 30 minutes of searching. SP 1":
1 1 1 5 5 11 = 1 Success

"Ridiculous. I am not saying that I will take possession first, but I need to at least see that she is here and present." A frown tugs at the corner of his mouth. "I hope this is not about to turn ugly. When has such a stipulation ever been accepted? Nonsense. Your task was to deliver my daughter here, whereupon you would be paid /after/ delivery."

Air steps to the back doors of Melani's van and opens them up, then he speaks aloud, "Cocodrillo, let the man see his daughter. She's right here. She's asleep at the moment."
Melani was currently doing hail marys in her head. I assure you.
Croc looks over at Air, then shrugs. "All right, Honored Elder," stepping out of the way, gesturing towards the back of the Van. "Go ahead." He will glance around, looking for the J's backup, before stepping behind the man and following him to see the girl.

Air looks pretty haggard from all the time awake, at this point, and no long haul to be found. He steps back from the doors a little with narrowed eyes.

The man steps towards the back of the van, to see the unconscious, living form of his daughter…with a horrible, marred, star-shaped scar of the exit wound on the left side of her forehead. "Oh…" He reddens. "What…what did you do to her?" he asks, his fists clenching, his jaw set in cold fury. "My daughter…you…you shot her in the -head?- Yes, she is alive, but this is not…this is not…"

Air narrows his eyes and steps up behind the man, and perhaps unwisely in his 'I am in no state to be fucked with' tired mood, grabs him by the shoulder. "We did NOTHING to her. She SHOT HERSELF. I just spent -eight hours- in a van, putting her head back together. With nothing more, than a torch, and a fucking medical kit. Ok? Do -not- fuck with us now."

At about this time an Air elemental floats up alongside Air, a pretty big one, and there's another hovering just on the astral too. It drops a pin in Air's hand when he holds it out.

"You did nothing to her. Amazing. My daughter managed to live through twenty-six years, including eight of them in the military, and she never quite managed to shoot herself in the head before," he says, his voice growing colder. "What, exactly, was the situation? What about her squadmates? Her…" His voice trails off, as he sees…something…happening.

Croc grunts from directly behind the man, only a step or two away. "Do joo want us to take her back?" He asks bluntly.

Air pinches the pin between two fingers and holds it up to the man's face. "She shot herself because she didn't want to be captured. Her squad mates, are dead. Both dead, haha. What did you expect? Oh, she won't thank you for that I don't doubt. That's your problem. You wanted her delivered, here she is." He pauses, "And this pin, holds a bound healing spell, which should fix her right up, if you want it? Or like my esteemed colleague says, we can always take her back."

Melani was still in the van, in the drivers seat. Currently doing her best Picard impersination.

Elsewhere…

The black clad troopers hit the ground a quarter click from the transponder beacon on the comm gear. "Spread out. Two-skins wants this done quick and quiet. Three in, three down." Says the lead trooper, looking at the tracker. "Only 2 on scope. I'll put a call in to the base for the third. Sweep and recover."

The matte black VTOL lifts off nearly silently, to withdraw to a distance.

The man did not get to where he is by being a pushover, however, before he nods once. "All right, use it then. But return it to her. I paid to have my daughter returned to me…not a lump of flesh in the shape of my daughter. I will not pay nearly as much to just give equipment for a funeral. And good luck giving me a bad reputation…the only story I will need to tell you is that you delivered me, on a live extraction job with a high payout, a target with a bullet in her head."

Air growls under his breath, "The quality of the target was not specified by the Johnson, and your daughter is alive and well. As I told you, I spent eight hours making sure her brain was properly circulating after she shot herself. If you want to renege on the bargain struck, that is your prereogative, but I warn you sir, we are in no mood to play games." With that he finally releases his grip on the mans shoulder and moves into the van. Wrapping the pin into the girls hand he ensures nothing of it is touching him, only the girl, and squeezes her finger onto the head, crushing it, as is the activation method.

«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) rolls 25 vs TN 8 for "Heal 6!":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 = 0 Successes

The man waits. "That pin, you say it will fix her right up." His facade cracks. "Yes, I want it. Please…please fix my daughter."

Air grunts, "It should, it's just an expendible focus." He presses it, and he presses it again. Nothing seems to be happening, but he's no mage. He glances at the pin to make sure he's pressed it far enough and shrugs, "It's done what it can. She needs lots of rest now, preferably with a nurse to monitor her."

«Auto-Judge[]» Vulcan (#3087) rolls 1 for "8+ and Croc can do a miracle":

«Auto-Judge[]» Vulcan (#3087) rolls 1 vs TN 32 for " Irish Healing":
3 = 0 Successes

Croc watches the work take place, frowning a little… but even his twisted faith can't change anything here. "We did what we could," he says, quietly, dropping the aggro for now. "Joor daughter is hurt, but she is alive. She is in joor hands. She is a mighty warrior: now joo have time to make sure she uses it like she should, instead of throwing it away in a pointless fight."

The distance between what Air promised and what is actually delivered is…quite a vast gap. There is still that vicious wound to the skull. "Whatever you did…I don't know if you had a shot to take that would have saved her, or done something proper, but you -let- this happen." He pauses for a moment, his face set with fatalism. "I will have my doctors give her an evaluation. You will be paid a sum appropriate to your efforts," he says, cooly. "You can take that, or you can take her away with you. I leave that decision up to you."

Melani was still in the face palm posistion, listening in via the back of the van. "My rep is fookin done for."

"And thank you for telling me that it was your J who short-sold the job to you," the man adds. "I will make sure that she is dealt with."

Air turns, his face had been softening somewhat to the mans poor situation, but it hardens up again after that. "You're now pricing your own daughters life, like that? And risking it to cold-hearted mercenaries who kill for pay? Is there something wrong in your head? I called for her surrender and she shot herself, there's nothing you can do to stop someone from shooting themselves." He grunts as he shifts himself out of the van. "You can pay the agreed upon fee, we completed the job as was requested, or I -will- take her with me, and she can reside at the county hospital for a few weeks and then rejoin your army."

Croc looks at Air. "What is de ute's current punishment for deserters?"

Air says "Death, I think. Iron-Eyes is mad."

The man smiles. "Very well, then. You've made your decision. I'll find her at the county hospital." He begins to turn away, to head back to the interior of the building.
Melani moved finally. To the back of the Van, stepping carefully only the avoid the girl. She at least had plenty of headroom. "We ain't getting paid are we?"

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "He'll be able to bribe the people at county for far less dan our payoff. I say we hold the 'posh' bitch accountable for our cash."

Air nods, "Alright, load up, we're moving off. We ain't getting paid by him, that's true. Heartless fucker doesn't care about his daughter." He slams one of the van doors and moves to his own vehicle. Changing to silent comms he continues, «Reckon you can get her back into Denver? I can arrange a new ID for her and we can slide her in Denver General, see if she recovers. She might still be worth money if she heals up.»
Elsewhere…

"Captain." Says one of the troopers. "Intel says Sees-Through-Trees is 30 clicks north east, on the move."

"What's she doing?" asks the captain thoughtfully, rhetorically. "And why is her unit already down.. This was a test. Two-skins is testing us. He doesn't trust us so inserted his own agent. Son of a bitch. Two can play this game. Get Mr. Junjiro on the comms."

Melani says "No no no…let me get this right, nice and clear. I ain't getting paid, and the contact just threatened Posh, I didn't like mess that up?"

Croc hops into the van, watching the man walk away. «I can kill him right now,» he says. «And we can ghoul de bitch for money. Fucking indians.»

"Or," the man says helpfully, still stopped," you can leave her with me, I will have my doctors examine her, and you will be paid a sum appropriate to your efforts."

Air stops and turns around to present himself to the man. "I don't accept re-negotiation after the job is complete to terms. It is one hundred and eighty thousand nuyen for your daughter. Who is alive and breathing, and that is better than if we hadn't come at all. Take it or leave it, try to renegotiate with me again and we'll fall out." He stands quite straight now, almost to attention, because he's pissed off, and ready to get into his van and drive off.

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "I'm sticking to the agreed deal, not getting screwed over after spending eight hours of my life digging through her brain."

"I don't accept renegotiations after the job is complete either. On live extractions, the goods are always expected undamaged. That is not the case. You are being a petulant child, simply because you have failed to deliver." He stops for a moment. "One hundred eighty? The contract was for two hundred and twenty-five, alive, unharmed, and delivered here."

Melani was quite pissed, sober, threatened, not getting paid, irish, and pissed. Her hands simply moved grabbing the shotgun she carried behind the passanger seat, and grunting as she racked the pump. The loud Kshunk of the weapon followed by her dwarven finger pointing at the contact. "Ok, I'm going to shoot him." Then the finger moved over to Macawi. "Then, I'm shooting you." Once again the finger moved, pointing to Croc. "And by that time, you may…./may/ have gotten fookin far enough that you are out of fookin range."

Air nods curtly, "I assume the Johnson was due a cut, the three of us negotiated for one eighty. Sixty apiece. As for petulance, no sir, I am not. I am holding to the agreed deal. No mention of state other than alive, do I remember. I hold very firm to my deals, my reputation rests on it."

"Maybe you need to have a conversation with who contracted you. Regardless, this is in no way part of any deal that I agreed to," the man replies.

For now, he ignores Melani, who also should recognise him as Lucky by now, sicne his disguise is off.

Croc looks back at the Jay. "So pay us one-eighty, instead of 225. Dat should be a serious discount for joor pocket, and we get our money. Everyone walks home all right except dat slitch."

Air shrugs his shoulders emphatically, "By employing a Johnson you agree implicitly to the deals that Johnson makes. And that Johnson made this deal. If that was the case sir, you had no intention of paying us at all, because -you- were not present at the deal making with -us-."

Croc also ignores Melani for now. Apparently shotguns do not concern him.

Air says "Furthermore, the bottom line is this: Pay, or you won't see your daughter again, because I will personally see to it that she finds herself a new identity, and a new life."

Air's tone of voice is getting very much into the uppity upper class levels now. Not a Sioux accent at all. And he's drawing himself up and puffing up his chest like a pigeon too. Working himself up.

Very well," the man said. "My daughter may recover to…where she is my daughter again, but that will cost me cold, hard nuyen." He pauses for a moment. "I have another offer for you. I will meet the price, for the three of you, at one hundred and eighty thousand. Just send me that redheaded bitch's eyes."

Air's response is immediate and crisp, "Done. Do you wish to have your daughter carried inside or will you arrange it yourself?"

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Shut up Control, before you even say anything, shut up."

Croc nods. "Si. Done. Nobody fucking skims from me. Fucking Anglos. Fucking Gringos! Always trying to keep de red trog down."

Air turns his head aside for a moment of levity, "Croc, you hate everybody."

Melani to note, didn't say a word. Just brought up her shotgun. Right at Lucky. Loyalty had it's price, and it was one of the few she payed in full.

Commlink-Macawi> Air says, "Use your brain before you fuck this for all three of us. Posh is oly losing out on her pay."

Air otherwise just holds eye contact with Melani.

«Stats System» Vulcan (#3087) has added 8 points of karma to your sheet for 'Blood Ties, Severed Bonds'.

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "She's my friend. You harm her, it's best I drop you now."

Commlink-Croc> Croc says, "Dwarf, don't make me decide between getting paid nothing wid joo alive and 90 thousand wif joo dead."

Air remains silent and just holds the Dwarfs gaze.

Commlink-Control> Melani says, "We clear?"

«Plot» Air will return to his vehicle once the client has collected his daughter and left me a PO box for the eyes.

«Plot» Melani says, "Mel will back down after an answer, kick croc out of her van, and roll."

The man nods. "Done, then. The money should be transferred…" He pauses for a moment, and then nods. "Immediately."

Air turns his attention from Melani and nods, "Excellent thank you, I hope to conclude our business forthwith satisfactorily." Then he turns back to Mel and just stares.

Croc will give the dwarf a long look, then laughs. "Oh, half-pint. Don't joo know better dan to threaten de two of us?" He piles back into the van. "I slammed dat man into a wall wif a BUS and he walked away."
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) takes off his "Camo Full Suit"<=Armour (#5470, Item 3).

From almost nowhere, black-geared henchmen emerge to claim the body carefully, leaving you all free to depart. At least the papers Vera arranged for you all are still good.
«Auto-Judge[]» Air (#8050) uses 1 of item 1: A decorative Cross pin. from Cross Pin (#11525).

Melani finally just growled, spinning around. If it hadn't been a loaded shotgun, it would probably be banging against bulletproof glass right now. Instead she stomped back up to the drivers seat, looking to croc. "Out of the Fookin van."

Croc stares at the Dwarf. "joo are serious?" He asks, then shrugs, getting his gear. "All right, little bitch. But remember. Joo will see me again." He'll back away out of the van and look around him, heaving a deep sigh.

Air -might- be able to fit Croc's gear into the R18 cargo racks he has, and the Trog can lie across the back bench. Sigh. Fucking irish, female, short-person syndromers.

The man gives an almost malevolent smile, as he's shifted his distaste. "And I want to be clear…I want -her- eyes. I have biometric data and we'll definitely know if we get some recently cloned thing, no matter the DNA. No way you'll be able to duplicate all the rings on the tree perfectly."

Melani was gone as soon as the girl was removed. The doors closing on thier own as it took an effort of god herself to keep the Dwarf from breaking the speed limit.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License