Assault On Castle Fogmoore

The Set up

The Calls

Sam stares at his trid-screen.

"You want… -what-? Wait wait wait. Don't answer that. I see what you want. Why -us-? I mean, do I look like -tech support-, Carla?"

"Mr. wulfson. While I appreciate the scope of your annoyance with this requirement, I am not in a position to -change- the nature of the requirement. Drek rolls down hill, roundear, and you're at the bottom of the hill. Find some people; do the job. At least you get paid for this, yes?"

"I am going to kill you. Alright. I have the information… and I have two runners who I think will handle the situation… fairly well." He doesn't wait for her understanding; he does the rude thing and cuts off the transmission. "They are gonna -LOVE- this…" He says, opening com-calls to Sligner and Kassandra.


Kass is curled up on the couch reading over Applied Thaumaturgy while Aladriel watches a movie. She eyes the phone for a long moment as it rings, checking the call ID before answering, "Silk." The elven girl seems reticent to answer but does so anyway, given who is calling.

"Kass." Says sam, his voice quiet. "Look. Uh. I got… this thing. Right? I got this thing… and you're just… Fuck it. Silk, can yuo join me at the tower conference room four… I can only explain this in person."

The receiver is muted for a moment and there is a silence, and then she is back. "Phoenix says only if I stay within the environs of the city. If that is kosher, I'll be there as soon as possible."

"On my way." The phone clicks and disconnects. Kass rises with a sigh, taking some time to get ready with Aladriel and grab her work clothes and gear, taking one of the cars and heading out towards the city core and the Foundation building.

"Thats Kosher."

"On my way." The phone clicks and disconnects. Kass rises with a sigh, taking some time to get ready with Aladriel and grab her work clothes and gear, taking one of the cars and heading out towards the city core and the Foundation building.


Slinger is actually playing with some of his new magical techniques, creating phantasms in his apartment. Much more entertaining and involved than the drek that's usually on the trid. And then, of course, the phone. He rolls his eyes with a growl — which changes to a grin when he sees who it is. Johny is one of the few people he always /wants/ to hear from. *Click* "Yo!"

"Hey… Slinger. I got this thing. This thing I can't really talk about on the phone, but its above board, legit work… no blood.. no gore. Come to the tower, conference room 4… It's not something I can talk about on the phone, ya scan me?"

Slinger at least is intrigued. "Gotcha, man. I'll put a few things on hold," he lies. "Be there in a jiffy." He's definitely intrigued, but knows better than to press for details. He hangs up, carefully grabs gear and stashes it in the SUV, and then tools down toward the tower.


The Meet

When Slinger gets there, the youth chuckles, grabbing one of the energy drinks and a bag of junk food. Sam always does a good spread, even when it's hasty. He stretches out his lanky young frame and drops down into a chair at the conference table, puts his feet up on the table, and leans back in the comfortable swivel chair. Who else is going to arrive?

Kass gets ready, gets blessings from Phoenix and then heads into the big city from the boonies. She leaves the car in the parking garage, her running gear stowed in the trunk. The elven girl heads up the private elevator and heads into the conference room, eyes scanning the room for Sam or other individuals. She slips in, nodding politely to Slinger, "Good evening. I take it you got the call as well?"

Slinger is the picture of relaxation right now, munching chips and taking swigs from his energy drink. He's young and elfin, so of course seems to be genetically incapable of gaining a pound. "Yeah. He was real mysterious on the phone. You know anything more than he told me?" he asks, leaning back precariously in the chair, head craned around to peer at the new arrival.

"Probably less. He was fairly cryptic, and I didn't ask many questions. All I know is that it will be within the city, so that is a plus for me." Kass looks around, eyeing the chips and energy drinks a moment. She hmms softly, taking a seat without grabbing the refreshments, setting her purse beside her. "He seemed a little out of sorts, though, so I hope it wasn't something bad."

Slinger breathes a sigh of relief. "That helps," the youth agrees. "I admit, I got my fill of world travel. Russia was /cold/," he says, with a firm shiver. "I mean, I'm surprised they even /have/ guns there. Not like you can pull the trigger with your hand a solid block of ice." He shudders again, then reaches for his ice-cold energy drink again, without any thought of the irony.

Laughing, Kass nods. "I am done travelling for the time being. I have too many other things going on here to wander the world anymore. A few little things here and there in the city and I am good."

Sam enters the room. And so does your Johnson. She's about 12 years old, if she's a day. Four foot five, human, and with flaming pink hair, she has the look of the japanophile, even though she's clearly an Anglo.

"Uh. Yeah." Says Sam, the girl grinning ear to ear.

"LIKE O-EMM-GEE-CHIP-TRUTH-CHUMMER-THESE-ARE-TOTALLY-AWESOME-SUPER-COOL-SHADOWRUNNERS!"

Johny reaches one hand up to touch the bridge of his nose. "I'm too old for this bullshit.."

Silk eyes Johny, then the girl, then Johny. She arches one manicured eyebrow in askance, folding her hands in her lap and waiting for some sort of explanation.

Slinger is sprawled in the chair, still, though he does swivel the chair around — and of course, the first thing that catches his eye is /HAIR/. Bright day-glo pink. As she explodes, though, the kid cannot help but grin. There's nothing he loves more than a little adulation and hero worship — and all too often he gets absolutely none of it. His biggest failing, actually. "Heya. S'up?" Slinger asks, drawling lazily, as he gets out a cigarette. Even though he looks like he's maybe only a few years older than the J.

Johny gestures to the girl. "This is Jennifer Hightowe… FUCKEN OUCH KID!" Says he, as the J stomps right on his foot with some kind of gothic lolita japanophile heavy boot.

"My name is Sakura! Sakura Brightflower!"

"Oh for the love of god…"

Silk eyes Sam for a long moment, then nods to the girl, "Good evening, Ms. Brightflower. How can we be of assistance this evening?" She settles in her chair, the perfect business poise, looking attentive. She offers a faint smile, mentally blocking the clothing, and hair.

Slinger tries very hard not to laugh, and utterly fails, a grin spreading over his features behind that cigarette. He takes a thick drag of it, and shakes his head. Seeing Sam getting owned by this girl maybe a third his mass is highly amusing. "Right. Arigato, Brightflower-san, for arranging this meeting." He bows his head, hands clasped together briefly — and appears completely sincere. Though there's still that little sparkle in the corner of his youthful eye.

Johny shakes his head, reaching for one of the energy drinks.

"So!" Says Sakura, plopping down in the 'head' chair. "I'm a member of EverWorldCraft. I'm sure you adults don't know what that is, so I'll explain it."

Behind her, Sam makes 'strangling motions' with his hands, his face contorted in rage.

"EverWorldCraft is ONLY the best game ever made! You can explore the metaplanes, kill monsters, steal artifacts and SAVE THE WORLD from the MEGADEMONS who want to enslave humanity! It's totally cool."

Slinger chuckles. "Played it. Seemed kinda fun, but woulda been more fun if I had a datajack. Trouble is, the trix gives me a headache." He shrugs one shoulder, grinning. "So what's up? You need us to go kick somebody's ass in it who's giving you fits in the game? Bein' a douche in there to your character?" he asks, intending it as a joke.

Silk simply nods, listening. She saves her questions for down the line, listening to the principle.

She looks back to Sam then. "I thought I SAID SHADOWRUNNERS! I'm gonna tell my daddy you got me runners who can't access the Trix, and he's gonna have you FIRED!"

Sam quirks a brow. "He said it gave him headaches, not that he can't do it. For example - You give me a headache, but I'm still standing here and my foot hasn't rendered you sterile for life."

That seems to confuse the pink-haired girl as she looks back to the others.

Silk simply nods, listening. She saves her questions for down the line, listening to the principle.

That seems to confuse the pink-haired girl as she looks back to the others.

Slinger laughs. "I can use a trode net. Just that when you got mojo, the trix isn't a very happy place. But I can do what it takes if the cash is right. What's the job exactly?" He resists the urge to make sure the girl in question takes a nap, gesturing casually with his fingers — and creating some little arcs of electricity between them. Who knows? It might impress her. Probably not.

"I am sorry, I haven't played your game, although I have an acquaintance who probably has. That said, you need runners for what exactly?" Silk looks to the girl with a look of 'my time is valuable, get to the point.'

"Wellllllll." SAys she, reaching for an energy drink. "I… I need to kill something. Lord Fogmoore is a SUPER BAD ASS SUPERCOOL UBER MOB, right? And I kind of told Sakura… Thats another girl who goes by the name, right, see, that I could take him down and come back with his Head… or I'd stop using Sakura myself, right? And I AM TOTALLY SAKURA! BUt…" She admits then… "I can't take him down. He's too big! I mean, they TOTALLY work with like, military tactics and stuff when they made his castle! I have 18 hours to get his head, or I'm totally going to be NOOSED!"

Slinger doesn't even bother pointing out that this is basically nonsensical. It's obviously important to the client, and she definitely has money — or Sam wouldn't be putting up with this crap. "So you want us to go into the trix, play the game, and in 18 hours get good enough to defeat this guy," he summarizes. "Sound about right? Or you got characters already set up for us to play?" He glances over at Sam, and mouths, "Why didn't you call Hitomi?"

Kassandra listens to the girl go through her schpiel before looking to Samuel with a grave expression. "You called me because someone is trying to win a *video game*?" She sighs quietly, glancing to Slinger and seeming to echo what he just mouthed. (Arabic)

Johny rubs the bridge of his nose. "It's easy work, its easy money… and I don't have a choice, myself. This comes from Brooks who says her father's an important man somewhere… and if brooks is calling me, its important…" (Arabic)

You say "As to Hitomi.. you answered the phone."

Slinger nods sagely, and pretends he understands the Arabic flying back and forth between Kassandra and Johny. He just takes a drag from his cancer stick and then knocks the ash off in the ashtray on the table. "What kinda pay are we looking at for this, if we pull it off, Mr. Wulfson?" Slinger wonders casually. "And… who's her Dad?" he asks, with a broad grin. He isn't all that well-connected in high-end circles, but at least he has played games from time to time.

"35k a head if you pull it off inside the time frame required." Says Sam, the girl not seeming to pay attention to the money as she pulls out a cellphone. She adroitly and quickly taps out a text message.

Nodding slowly, Silk glances to Sam and then the girl, considering her with a measured look. She fiddles with the ring on her finger, remarking, "And we are going into the game world to .. do whatever this quest is?" She seems a bit confused by what exactly they are doing.

Sam just nods to Silk. "Exactly so. YOu will be entering the game world through either datajack or through trodes.. and escorting Ms…." A glance is given to the pink girl as she snaps her gum… "Brightflower… as she collects this head she requires for her challenge."

Slinger nods thoughtfully. "Right. Okay," Slinger says, with a grin. "So are we playing our own characters, or do we have some that have already gone through all the low-level monster-killing stuff? I got a character that's about fifth level," he admits. Which is rank noob. But at least he's familiar with it. "My mojo don't work so good in the trix, is the thing. Not saying I won't bust my balls to pull it off."

"I see." Silk pauses, then shakes her head, "No, actually I do not see. I am .. unfamiliar .. with the game world and its rules. I am uncertain what we are to do?"

"Some strings have been pulled." Says Sam then, sitting down at the table. "You will be entering the game through a UV host. THat means, it's as near to reality as we can create. You won't be playing a game so much as walking through the universe as yourself, with a set of abilities like your own. Your spells and your skills will translate to game-world appropriate natures."

"Oh! Cool," the youth says, his face splitting into a grin. "See, now I'm liking this. Time on this host prolly ain't cheap," the youth admits, with a hint of a frown. "How similar are we talking, though? I mean, is mojo gonna work the same way? Am I gonna have all my toys?" He grins, taking a drag from his cigarette. A deep drag. Sounds like another mission where smoking is going to be tricky. He'll probably have to put on a patch or something. "Well, then, I guess time's a wastin'. Are we working with her, or on our own?"

Silk waves a hand at the smoke in the air, "A ultraviolet host? And what does that mean as far as getting injured in this game or whatever we are calling it." From her tone of voice, she has a pretty good idea of what it means, but she might be wrong.

"It's complex. The game system will not hurt you, physically, unless something goes catastrophically wrong. Dangerous, yes. Painful, yes, you will feel your wounds, but you should not suffer perminant injury as a result." says Sam.

The youth nods firmly. "I approve of that, at least. So all the fun, none of the risk. Here's to nothing going catastrophically wrong." He chuckles. "You think we could work this into somebody fabbing me up a security permit? Heard they're gonna be cracking down on enforcement in the FTZ pretty soon." He stubs out his cigarette, nods once. "I'm ready. Bring it."

Unless. Should not. Silk nods quietly, "All right. It sounds relatively safe, or as safe as can be." She glances to Slinger, raising an eyebrow about the crackdown of enforcement. She files that for later checking, shrugging to Sam. "Are we ready to go in?"

The girl pops up then. "TOTALLY!"

Sam nods to the pair of elves. "So. You know what to do. In the game, the girl is your guide. What she says, in the scope of the game, goes. Try not to die. It hurts, I'm told."

The youth nods once. "Right. So hook me the frag up, and let's do this. Eighteen hours ain't a lot of time. Especially with snack and smoke breaks," he adds, with a casual smirk. "I hope they made my icon hot in the game," he adds, as an aside to Kassandra. He, at least, seems to think this sounds like fun.

"Don't die. Do the job." Silk shrugs, glancing to Slinger. "I hope they made my icon invincible. I'll take that over hot." She, on the other hand, does *not* look like this sounds like fun. Rising from her seat, Silk looks around. "Where are we doing this from?"

Sam chuckles then, gesturing for the group to follow him. "Carla put some hookups in the next room. SHe is getting an EARFUL from me, I tell you. I mean, by god.." He looks over to Sakura Brightflower, a slight shudder. "I am going to unload on the woman."

Slinger laughs, shaking his head. "What, Johny? I mean, this sounds like fun. Low-risk, easy money, and we get paid to play a video game. Where's the downside?" The kid is back on his feet, sauntering along after Sam, and gives Sakura a friendly grin. "We'll see how zottable stuff on the game is." He uses his finger, making the lightning-bolt sound as he points it at an imaginary opponent.

Silk moves to follow, looking the girl over as well when Sam does. She nods soberly, "Be sure to give Ms. Brooks my best. My very, very best." She considers as they trudge along, "No one shells out that sort of cash or hires shadowrunners, especially our brand of shadowrunners, for something as simple as playing escort on a video game." Silk shrugs, "I could be wrong, though."

Slinger laughs, tosses his hair. "The rich are just like you and me," he quotes. "Except they have more money. And can spend it on… whatever. Seventy kay is probably a drop in the bucket for folks like that." He grins casually, and then eyes the equipment in the new room, pondering for a moment. "Trode net for me. Nothing implanted. Hope that doesn't cause me /too/ much of a problem," the kid comments casually. "She got her own deck, or she gonna be hooked up with us?"

Johny pauses, murmuring to Kassandra and Slinger privately then. "If that was my daughter… I think paying 70k to get her out of my face for a half a day would be a fragging BARGAIN"

Slinger laughs, tosses his hair. "The rich are just like you and me," he quotes. "Except they have more money. And can spend it on… whatever. Seventy kay is probably a drop in the bucket for folks like that." He grins casually, and then eyes the equipment in the new room, pondering for a moment. "Trode net for me. Nothing implanted. Hope that doesn't cause me /too/ much of a problem," the kid comments casually. "She got her own deck, or she gonna be hooked up with us?"

"Maybe so." Silk doesn't seem convinced, but that is her job. She starts to fidget with a lock of hair and visibly stops herself, heading into the room with the gear.

Sam then responds to slinger. "She's got her own game interface, yes… NOw, follow me in here…" Says he, leading the group in to the next room. A set of comfortable beds have been set up, sort of like those craftmatic posture-pedic kind the old people on TV always advertise.

"These are the trode sets.. Though Silk can use the actual datajack connection.."

"Mmm." Silk glances to the beds before nodding, "Sure, datajack connection should work for me at the moment." She gestures towards one of the beds and moves to hop up on it. "Is there some sort of disconnect from inside this .. game ..? I don't want to be stuck in there."

"I'm figuring that Johny here'll unplug us if it gets too bad. Though this'll probably turn into one of those horrible sci-fi movies where we can't unjack until we solve the quest. I'm planning on that. Just change my nicotine patch from time to time, and we're good." He kicks off his shoes and pads over to the bed nearest the door. "Dibs on this one. Closer to the door for bio-breaks!" He grins and plops down, grinning as he leans back — and slaps a nicotine patch onto his arm. "Worst thing about the patches — they taste like shit when you light them."

Sam chuckles as SAkura movs over to her BRIGHT PINK deck. She settles in to her little couch. "This is gonna be soooooooooooo awesome! I got real live shadowrunners to help me take down the goddamn Lord Fogmore! it's awesome! And totally, you can jack out if it goes bad, but Fogmore has a lockout timer, you can't get back IN if you jack out… and then we lose! AND THAT WOULD SUCK!"

"I see." Silk lays back on the table, remarking quietly, "I am disliking this Lord Fogmore already. Let's get this going, then." She glances over to Slinger and his commentary on lighting patches, chuckling faintly. She seems a bit nervois, fiddling with the ring on her left hand.

"We'll have this knocked out in no time," Slinger says, and reaches for the trode net. At least it's a good model, one that isn't gonna tangle with his hair. "All right. Plugging in. You guys do what you need with my meat body, but if I wake up with a sore ass then I expect a phone number to be on my nightstand. Got it?" he asks Johny with a smirk. And then puts on the funny-looking hat and plugs it in…

"Let me help you with that, Slinger." says Sam, moving over to the Trode-set. "This may tickle some." A pause. "Now, remember that you only have a certain amount of time to get this done."

Absently pushing hair from behind her right ear, Silk uncovers the datajack there and takes a deep breath, seating the connection. She shakes her head and leans back, ready for the trip to begin, folding her hands on her stomach. "Off into never never land."

Slinger laughs, nodding. "Gotcha. No hanging around in bars and boinking muscly warriors in a tavern room. I'm chill with that. Let's do this." He lets Johny fidget with the thing, while he leans back and tries to relax. This is supposed to be /fun/, right?

In the Game

Welcome to Elfenhamelorial, the city of Trees!

You rezz in to existence, standing on an overlook that views much of Elfehamelorial(The City of Trees). Imagine the worlds best, coolest, most awesome tree house, with bridges connecting massive platforms holding entire neighborhoods, anchored hundreds of feet up in old growth redwoods the size of city spires.

"Welcome to Elfenhamelorial, Adventuring Souls!" Says the avatar standing behind you. Sakura Brightflower, standing at a full six and a half feet of willowy, elven female scantily clad sex-in-pixels. "We will be off to the grand Castle of Lord Fogmore." Says she, her aura shimmering around her like some kind of living thing.

The Air smells of pine, of earth, of incense. Of Magic and of sweat.

kelethin-thumb.jpg

Slinger grins, glances around. "I need a mirror," the kid says, indulging in a bit of narcissism. His eyes flow over the woman's aura, and he chuckles. "And I need to try out a few things." Starting with this — he switches his vision to astral. Or tries to, at least in his mind's eye. It's surreal, but very realistic looking. "Man, I gotta get me one of these. I'm never gonna be able to go back to playing this on a trid display!"

Silk looks up and around the created realm, the fake reality that is being piped into her brain. She hmms, reflecting on Sam's comments about what is real and what isn't. She is dressed in the flowing blue silk robes and hooded white cloak that she wore on a previous mission, her hair somewhat longer in this reality than the real world. Several chunks are braided in cinnamon-coloured ribbon while the rest is worn loose beneath the hood.

[Infobox: Would you like to View the Astral? Your character is currently not configured for that. Please select 'Magi' from the archtypes menu!]

Slinger appears… well, like Slinger. Except hotter. His hair is perfectly straight, hanging back onto his shoulders, longer than he wears it in Real Life. And his clothing is very medieval, perfectly fantasy-based, complete with some light, shimmering chainmail. He's also a little more muscular than he is in real life as well, without actually being /bulky/. The light, lean build of a young warrior-mage, complete with a sword and bow strapped to his back. No robes for him!

Slinger selects Yes from the menu, and prompt selects himself as a Magi. "Are we starting at first level?" the kid asks, staring at the selections. "I thought these were gonna be preconfigured. Huh." And he starts working his way through menus — and true to what Johny said, he'll do his best to fit what he /actually/ is in real life. Plus a little bit of bonus for the difference between his own perception and the slightly more mundane reality, of course.

Menus? Silk hrms, selecting the menus and playing with the options, seeing what is availiable in this virtual world. She searches for gear menus, skill templates, and other information, trying to get a handle on how the realm works and what they are supposed to do.

Sakura (So named by the big letters over her head marking her as 'Sakura Brightflower, Champion of The Bright Lords <Guildtag: Screaming Monkey Ninja Shrimp>', steps forward. "No, not first level, but you need to select a few things to set yourself up to use it properly. You need to select some spells and get them configured, here.. access the help Daemons." She then gestures to Silk. "You need to configure your rogue abilities! Stealth is a great one!"

Blood_Elf_Paladin_by_Shiramune.jpg

Spells. Slinger has those. The question is, can he take anything approaching what he actually knows? So he starts working through the list, trying to find an equivalent — and starts with the most important ones first. And hopefully, his foci — maintaining spells is a bitch. Of course, the rules in the game are going to differ from the real world. "When I played, I played a rogue. I mean, why play a mage? I do that for a /living/," the kid says with a grin. While he picks options.

«Plot» Johny says, " For the purposes of this plot, Kassandra is using the Rogue Archtype. This will provide her with a CLOAK OF STEALTH + 12, A pair of DAGGERS OF ASSREAMING (Damage is Str+5D(Must be behind to use) and some other random crap that does awesome shit. Sligner pretty much gets his spells and his foci in new names."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Well, just curious how much you want us to go into it. I don't know anything about the game, is the problem :)"
«OOC» Johny says, "Random tolkenian fantasy mismatch with DnD like archtypes. For the most part, we're using the SR3 rules with funny names ;)"

Rouge? "Ah, a stealthy type configuration, I assume? Figures, I can't even be a mage in a fake realm." Silk mutters to herself, skimming the help files and daemons, sifting through data at the speed of thought, trying to figure out how to get the gear to work and selecting a variety of things. Her cloak shifts a bit, gaining a grey/blue tinge to the hem with mystical glyphs on them. A pair of daggers are on the belt girding her waist, and a variety of pouches bloom into being on her body, thin silver bracers with elemental runes around each wrist. She hms, taking a moment to add cosmetic changes and accessories before remarking, "Alright, I think I have the hang of this."

Slinger selects a few things. "Sleep missile, sleep cloud," he mutters to himself. "Oo… Invisibility. I like that one," he says, and takes it. "Fly — I like to fly. Uh-huh…" He's flipping through options, skimming over them. Cutting off the voice as it tries to explain things to him. He's in a hurry. "How do they do foci here?" he asks the girl beside him. His guide. "At least I don't have an ally spirit to configure. I heard that's a bitch." He's probably building up a pretty impressive set of stats, all things considered. One that might make the girl question how accurate it is.

Sakura points to various daemon links… "Arcane Artifacts are AWESOME! I mean, I've got this one…" She says, her hand blazing in to a sword of light… "And it does awesome damage to magical creatures! Some are magical, some arn't, some are immune to normal blades, some are resistant to spells, so you gotta kinda have a mixture. Your foci, I guess, um… lets set you up here…" She sighs, huffing annoyedly. "Adults are so -slow-."

In Short order, the tall elf with the leather armor sets up several foci to help Sligner in the faux world.

"SO!" asks the girl then, turning to Kassandra. "Whats your name?" She asks, pointing to the blank " " over Kassandra's head. "You gotta have a name."

The much shorter elf, even in this realm, looks up at the "" above her head. "That is disquieting." She hrms, selecting the appropriate menu and entering a name. Silk pings into being. "Good enough, or do I need something more complex?"

Slinger chuckles, and shrugs. "Slinger," the youth suggests. And then clears his throat. "Change my name to Slinger," he says, trying the voice interface. "Probably taken," he adds, with a low mutter. And just to try it out, he tries to light up a cigarette. Just to see if he can smoke in this world. It probably won't /taste/ like a cigarette, but at least it'll give him something to do with his hands.

She rolls her eyes. "You guys are BORING! I mean, Jeeeeze." She looks to Slinger as slinger pulls out a big fat handroll. "Mages and their pipeweed."

Slinger grins and lights it up, dragging in deeply. "Real Shadowrunners smoke, dearie," he comments. "Except for Silk, here. She hates it. But at least this won't stink up your clothes." He takes a deep drag, then selects a few more options, some skills. And hopefully with Sakura's help, he soon has himself configured into a reasonable facsimile of the real world.

"I am incredibly boring, yes. I hear that an awful lot." Silk doesn't seem to mind, checking how easy it is to use the combat configuration, setting things just so. She eyes the cigarette, the smoke, shaking her head sadly. "I do hate it, that much is true." Even here, in this virtual realm, she'll move to stay out of the general stream of the smoke and looks to Sakura, "I can add something interesting and complex if the name will interfere with the mission?"

Sakura is able to help set up the various skills and charts, familiarizing each 'player' with their new skills and abilities. Kassandra can go stealthed almost at will, a near invisibility dependent on shadows and something to hid behind, while Slinger can teleport to select destinations throughout the game world.

Silk plays with her abilities relatively quickly, getting a hang for what she needs to do, directing the icon rather than her own body. She'll test the speed of her connection via datajack compared to the other icons, searching for the way the commands work, the short cuts work, doing whatever mental gymnastics are necessary to make things work better.

Slinger grins and shrugs a shoulder. "Sorry," Slinger says, but in a sense he doesn't mean it. He takes another drag, posing and making sure he looks good. "Anyway, I think I'm set. So where do we go? Through the Mountains of Despair, across the Icy Desert, and finally across the Chasm of Doom?" he wonders. "Or is there a more direct route?"

"Well, we could walk." Says the tall elven icon. "IF WE WERE NEWBS! -As If-!"

About that time, from the 'shadows' slides another icon, followed by a small group of others. Sitting on top of a Dragon, another on top of a horse, one on top of what looks to be an ugly and stupid troll, a group of people all sharing the guild tag <The Self Destruct Button> surround Sakura. Atop the dragon mount, Sakura DeamonBane looks down, her blazing sword of celestial energy casting of blue whisps of power. "So, Jennifer… I see you've decided to show up! Got the head of Fogmore Yet?"

The icons with her all kind of chuckle at that, giving various stock emotes.

Slinger laughs softly, and blows a cloud of smoke toward the new arrivals. "We're on our way now," the youth comments. "Piece of cake. Wanna come along and share in the XP?" he suggests, with a sly grin on his face — and knows the answer is, of course, no. He takes up a position next to Brightflower as well. "He'll be known as 'Fog NO More' very shortly. Your loss if you wanna hang out in a tavern, though." Cocky, isn't he?

Sakura (Your Sakura) huffs. "I'm going to get it now, and Silk and Slinger are in my party. We're going to get his head, and then you're going to delete your avatar! HAH!"

The Dragon-mounted Sakura eyes Silk, then Slinger. She lingers on Slinger for a moment, before tossing her hair haughtily. "The Self Destruct Buttons don't hang out with N3\/\/|3z."

Slinger grins, taking a drag of smoke. "Lemme zot her. C'mon. Just one zot?" he pleads, as he leans back against a convenient tree. Nice realistic feel of the bark — he bobs up and down a little, scratching an itch. "Mmm." He doesn't seem all that worried.

"Bored now. Aren't we supposted to be doing something besides talking to these .. people?" Silk remarks dryly, not seeming to mind the eyeing. She waits, watching .. that one. He'll be the one to move first, of course, followed by ugly. She marks off opponents in her head, fingering the controls of the various tools at her disposal.
Brightflower grins, looking back to Slinger. "Slinger, Open a portal to The Dread Plains. We're going hunting."

The Sakura on the dragon raises an eyebrow. Slinger can port to the plains directly? This seems to get the attention of the crowd as a whole and now Sligner and Silk are getting a whole SLEW of 'X has inspected you' messages.

Portals. Portals? Does he know how to do that? Well, he gestures, and does his best to cast the spell — hopefully without any mistakes that will get him laughed at. The disconcerting part is he hears himself speaking and feels himself gesturing. That's not the way spells work! He hopes he doesn't look like too much of a dumbass…

«Plot» Johny says, " Slinger does infact, have a whole SLEW of places he can go as group teleports."

Silk doesn't react to the fact that Slinger may be able to transport them. She is spending her time considering how fast she can take *that* guy down and *that* guy will get in *her* way if she moves to there. The complicated chess game plays out in her head as she plots six moves ahead.

Silk's built in ratio meter says she could probably take down everyone but Sakura DemonBane in about 20 seconds. DemonBane would however, eat you alive.

Slinger is also eyeing the others while he casts. And is preparing to, if necessary, go invisible and do his standard powerup routine. In fact, that might not be a bad idea, assuming the portal stays in existence for a little bit of time. After all, who knows what's on the other side of the portal?

THe portal, once opened, actually, doesn't give you a choice. Everyone with your group tag (Thats Silk and Sakura Brightflower) are sucked in to it and transported in the space between atoms, to the new location. A rickety dock on the edge of the Dread Plains. The sky is a sickly red, the sun resting on the horizon. The ground is a brown, dead, lacking life or vitality. Overhead, crows and ravens flock and caw incessantly.

Slinger looks around, and then grins. "All right. Time for me to power up," the youth comments. And then concentrates on casting spells, sending them off one right after another, as his foci begin to power up. And hopefully he has some decent armor — something equivalent to that nifty security armor.

Alas, no security Armor for Slinger; Silly mage, Plate is for warriors!

"Lovely." Silk looks this way and that, taking in the scenery. Map map gotta have a map. Silk plays with the menus, looking to find her way as she watches for attack. "So. They seemed friendly." She doesn't have any need to power up, although the existing focus may have been replicated here in some way. Regardless, she keeps her hood up, looking to the others.

Sakura brings a whistle to her lips, summoning from the aether a spectral horse constructed of blue energy. She climbs in to the saddle. "Naw, Sakura Demonbane is SUCH a twat. People only hang out with her because she is will to blow you."

Slinger begins to power up — turning invisible, armored, faster, and floating. Activating most of his spells in sequence, and he also draws that sword, which should hopefully help with any guns… er, um, arrows, shot in his direction. "Let's rock this bitch," Slinger says with a grin, his voice floating in midair. He also finishes his smoke and tosses the butt into the water, where it sizzles as it goes out.

"Ah. I know a few people like that." She doesn't fly or have a spectral horse, so the elven rogue shrugs and moves to trudge along, her silks and cloak fluttering around her. "So what is the usual .. course of action here? I am not familiar with how things work here."

"I figure we go along, we kill some wandering monsters, and then we get to some kinda boss fight. Prolly more than one before we face what's his name. Unless you can get us around those?" he asks. He checks game time, to see how long all this has taken us so far. "No need for a biobreak yet — anybody else?" he wonders, with a grin.

"Okay, so like, we are gonna skirt around the outside of the plains. It's longer, but its less combat, which means we use less consumables on healing and combat, but we will take more time. We're gonna need all those consumables for when we get in to combat. Fogmores' in Fogmores Keep, which is three levels, with wandering mobs, static mobs and boss mobs. We have to beat the boss mobs to get access to the next level of his citadel. They get progressively harder to beat."

"I am fine, but thank you." Silk listens to the dialogue, not getting most of what is said but able to put together enough to allow her to nod. "Alright. I assume there isn't any option to just avoid the fighting and get right to the meat of the matter, and defeat Lord Fogmore, or is it .. is there some pressing reason to do battle with everyone we meet?"

Slinger nods, listening to the list of items. "Lead the way, O Guide, and we will supply the muscle. Or the mojo. Let's do this." He rubs his hands together, considering the game time so far, and then sets off in the indicated direction, moving — well, probably about as quickly as the horse, all things considered at least at anything less than a full gallop.

"Well, no. We need to kill placeholders to get the named mobs to spawn, so we're gonna have to grind in the keep until they pop, then we wail on them, get the access keys, go to the next level. If we're lucky, there may be a boss mob all ready up, but thats asking for a lot."

It's like talking to Hitomi. Silk nods quietly, translating that into 'No'. The elven girl moves at whatever rate she can, hopefully having picked up Seven League Boots or an Amulet of the Unicorn or some other spiffy speed/movement based toy.

Slinger lights up another cancer stick, breathing in nice and deep. He looks cool as hell in his armor, completely with muscles and leather. Or at least, he thinks he does. "So what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" He grins broadly, cracks his knuckles, and then tries for a quick special effect with energy arcing between his fingertips…

Waiting there, Silk looks out over their surroundings, her cloak fluttering around her form, the silken clothing rippling in the wind that seems to almost only exist around her. She glances to the others and shrugs, "I am not sure I want to fight the Mob, but if it is what we have to do, then lets do it and get past them." She fingers the hilt of one of the enchanted knives tucked through her sash .. although to call the 18 inch blades knives is a bit of an understatement.

Sakura steps forward, pulling out a whistle from her pouch. She blows it three times, summoning a Centaur from nowhere. Sometimes, you just don't ask about physics. The Centaur has a sixpack like you wouldn't believe, a combat helmet and nipple rings the size of small door-knockers. He's simply extravagantly proportioned. On his rear, is a 'tattoo' of a pair of cherries. Over his head is <Horseychan>

"Like, okay!" Says the svelt, entirely too-sexy elf as she climbs on to her mount, Mr. Horseychan… "We go around the plains and try to avoid combat. The MOBS here are super tough, and most people just die on the way in to the castle. There's bones EVERYWHERE.."

The whistle causes Slinger to grimace and reach up a finger to poke at his ear, then shake his head to clear it. "What's that?" he quips. "The whistle of elf-annoyance?" Still, though, he can't help but grin at the sight of the centaur. "Hubba hubba," he comments, and reaches out to give one of the nipple-rings a flick, ready to pull back rapidly if so required. And then we're off. "Gotcha. Avoid combat," Slinger agrees. Not quite in his nature. "Tell me… does going invis actually do anything here?" he wonders casually, preparing the spell.

Mr. Horseychan tracks Slinger's movements, but does not react. He's a Static-effect, not an interactive.

"It's my steed-summoner! He helps me in combat, and makes me move faster! You have one too! Check your pouch. Your Centaurs may not be as cool as mine unless you customize them."

«OOC» Johny says, "You can select 'rump tat', size, gender, skin tone, and 'features' like the nipple rings. You don't have to, but its there."

Silk eyes Mr. Horseychan with a raised eyebrow, although many of the woman's facial features are lost beneath her voluminous hood. She nods once, "Avoid the mobs if we can, and …" She hrms. Slinger is flying, Sakura is on the horse-thing. She flips open her pouch and checks for a whistle or magic boots or something.

Flipping down the menu, she'll quickly customize her steed before it arrives, selecting a nice simple bay mare.

Slinger chuckles softly, and glances into his pouch obediently. Of course, he's floating and flying. And then spends a few moments customizing his — creating a dark elfin centaur bad-boy, with earrings that quietly jangle to those nearby, and… well, other accessories as well. Smirking, the youth activates him, but chooses to keep flying as well — unless, of course, his centaur can also fly.

Slinger also @names his "Orpheus".

Sakura oooooohs thoughtfully at Slinger's Orpheus, and then sort of 'oh's at the rather plain mare. "Your right. You -ARE- boring." She says huffilly, then takes off at full centaur-gallop, along the line of the dried up river bed where the standing stones are located.

Slinger then casts a spell — Improved Invisiblity, or the local equivalent — and swiftly fades from view. Leaving Orpheus right there, alongside him. Slinger then climbs up into the saddle, grinning broadly. Hard to shoot what you can't easily see, after all.

Climbing carefully on the centaur-steed creature, Silk lets out a small laugh and a shrug at being told she is boring. She figures out the controls in short order and takes off after Sakura, her cloak flapping in the breeze that surrounds her. She toggles maps and controls, looking for some sort of long range sight or scanners, searching for these 'mobs'.

Slinger lets the others take the lead. As a mage, his place is seldom in front-line combat, anyway. And he spends a little time molesting 'Orpheus' just to see what the centaur does. After all, if it dumps him off, he can cast Levitate again long before hitting the ground. Flying, though, is important, and one way or another he's going to do it, taking advantage of the faster movement and the aerial view.

Rogue archetype. That means she probably has some sort of scouting powers, or whatever? Rogues, according to the game, are spies, thieves, assassins. Hrm. Silk plays with things, trusting that the interface will let her know when there is something she needs to interact with. She keeps poking at things, trying to figure out all the intricate commands and knowledge that the other two seem to have about this game, idly cursing her own inadequacy.

Flight seems to have an altitude limit of about 40 feet, so its more like 'high hover', but does provide some additional protection and perspective in addition to be almost as fast as being on a horse.

Coming out of the little riverbed, the world around you is bleak, the sort of bleakness you'd have in death valley, only not so cherry or colorful. Greys and muted browns dominate the spectrum, with lone trees featuring no foliage and spindly limbs. Here and there, almost as decoration, there are posts in the ground with arcane sygiles carved in to them, skeletons of metahuman styled people tied to them.

Silk eyes the terrain, "Very welcoming." The woman rides along in the middle of the party, letting Sakura the mighty take point, as much as the game allows. She shifts around in the controls, looking for problems spots, looking for ways to maneuver for advantage. And where are my ranged attacks? Ah, shuriken and knives, good good.

Slinger's eyes flick over the sigils and the posts, but they don't appear to mean much of anything to him. Another drag on his cigarette, before he tosses the butt, grinning broadly. "So bring it. Nice scenery, but we're still on a time crunch," the youth says, keeping his voice low. His eyes scan the surroundings, using the greater vantage point to see a little further.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence + 3:
1 2 3 3 3 5 5 7 14

In the distance, Slinger can see lots of MOBs, which stand for Mobile OBjects. Enemies. Each of them has a color code, and a couple of little icons next to them indicating how hard they are. Most here are blue and green, a few are white, some are yellow, but none are red. Up ahead, on the path you are taking, which is the past of least resistance, there is a camp of some sort, thatched huts and a fire pit belching smoke. Maybe 2-3 MOBs… they look like… well, saytrs. Only evil. Imagine Tim Curry's 'darkness', only make it a small tribe of them and black skinned.

Your map overlay identifies the point as 'Coalhoof Tribe'.

Oh yeah, and Sakura's running headlong in to it.

"Is Coalhoof Tribe something we gotta fight?" the youth asks. "'Cause they're right up ahead. Not too horribly nasty, from the look of 'em, but we shouldn't waste time if we don't have to. Right?" He glances down at his mount, grinning broadly at the look of him. Hawt centaur. He wonders if that sort of aspect to this game actually works. No time to check it out, of course, and Sakura would be scandalized. He's workin' here.

Watching Sakura take-off towards the distance, Silk mutters, "I think I got a broken person here." She frowns and nudges her centaur-steed forward, selecting her combat options and moving off and to the left, trying to flank some of these things. She complains to the menus, "That is all well and good, but which ones are the ones that are powerful and which aren't?"

«OOC» Johny says, "Slinger, perception check, +3 dice."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence + 3:
1 2 3 3 3 5 5 7 14

In the distance, Slinger can see lots of MOBs, which stand for Mobile OBjects. Enemies. Each of them has a color code, and a couple of little icons next to them indicating how hard they are. Most here are blue and green, a few are white, some are yellow, but none are red. Up ahead, on the path you are taking, which is the past of least resistance, there is a camp of some sort, thatched huts and a fire pit belching smoke. Maybe 2-3 MOBs… they look like… well, saytrs. Only evil. Imagine Tim Curry's 'darkness', only make it a small tribe of them and black skinned.

Your map overlay identifies the point as 'Coalhoof Tribe'.

Oh yeah, and Sakura's running headlong in to it.

At Coalhoof Tribe Village

Is Coalhoof Tribe something we gotta fight?" the youth asks. "'Cause they're right up ahead. Not too horribly nasty, from the look of 'em, but we shouldn't waste time if we don't have to. Right?" He glances down at his mount, grinning broadly at the look of him. Hawt centaur. He wonders if that sort of aspect to this game actually works. No time to check it out, of course, and Sakura would be scandalized. He's workin' here.

Watching Sakura take-off towards the distance, Silk mutters, "I think I got a broken person here." She frowns and nudges her centaur-steed forward, selecting her combat options and moving off and to the left, trying to flank some of these things. She complains to the menus, "That is all well and good, but which ones are the ones that are powerful and which aren't?"

Throwing herself in to the fray without talking to her Shadowrunners, Sakura Brightflower draws her sword, attacking the first of the Coalhooves. This Coalhoof sends up a call to the other Coalhooves, all 4 of them (There was one in a building, a bigger Coalhoof named 'Mysfesstao' (He's yellow!), charging at her.

"OH SHIT MYFESSTAOS UP! ZOMG ZOMG OH SHIT HELP!"

Satyr_Render.jpg
Mysfesstao, Coalhoof Legionnaire
«OOC» Slinger says, "Distance between Sakura and the yellow one attacking?"
«OOC» Johny says, "The yellow one is not quite to her yet. IF you close ranks, you will get 'there' to short range, when he does."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Lemme try again. Current distance from her, in meters? ;)"
«OOC» Johny says, "Rangefinder says: 39"
«OOC» Johny says, "Such nice little utilities."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Or put another way… are there any of them close enough to hit with a Stunball without catching her in the blast? :)"
«OOC» Slinger says, "And if so, how many can I include?"
«OOC» Johny says, "You won't catch her in the blast; She cannot be the target of hostile PC spells unless she duels you."
«OOC» Johny says, "Game physics. Mmmm."
«OOC» Slinger says, "No friendly fire? Kick… ass :) How many of them can I hit at once, then?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. If you want to Area-Of-Effect (Which is what your spell is termed in the game) it brings up a quick overlay. Your AOE range is LOS, but your area of effect is smaller than you might expect; only about 3 meters radius. Still, thats more than enough to get the smaller 3 that are pounding on Sakura; just not the big guy."
«OOC» Johny says, "While you decide that; Kassandra. You have Coalhoof_001, _002 and 003. They all seem equally powerful, and are infact clones of each other. They are green to you; while 'Mysfesstao' is yellow and your overlay says he'll wipe the floor with you alone."
«OOC» KassGM is going to beat Johny for giving me a broke character. can I move to support Sakura with this clown?
«OOC» Johny says, "Yes. You are currently not the target of 'aggo'. You can manouver all you like until you launch an attack."
«OOC» KassGM feels like Silk, cause I never played WOW or EverQuest :D
«OOC» KassGM says, "Diablo and II tho."
«OOC» KassGM says, "Die Monster!"
«OOC» KassGM wants to flank for backstabbing/assassination/extra damage.
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. So you wanna backshot someone? Okay. Who?"
«OOC» Johny says, "1, 2 3 or 'Mysfesstao'"
«OOC» Slinger says, "Slinger will target the three, then :)"
«OOC» KassGM says, "Mysfesstao, to help Sakura."
«OOC» Johny nods. Okay. Slinger: Roll me your attack spell; standard foci and spell pool apply. Kassandra, roll me edged weapons*3 +CP.
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 9 (edged.*.3) + 3 (daggers) + 9 (combat.pool) vs TN 4 for "BAckstab with daggers of badness. Surprise!":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 10 10 13 = 9 Successes
«OOC» KassGM will stand on 9 successes till I see how things work here
«OOC» Johny nods.
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 7 (power focus) for "Stunball, F6. No idea the target willpower of the creatures. Targeting it at S damage.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 11 15 - 9 successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "Force 6, -1(DL+1), 2D drain.":
2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 = 9 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Each of you roll one die."
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 1:
1
«OOC» Johny nods. Go ahead and init, but just so I have a general 'order' of action.
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 2 for "Silk init +10":
2 2
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 for "+12, Myph":
1 4 4 9
«Plot» KassGM says, "14"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1 for "+5, 001":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1 for "+5, 002":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1 for "+5, 003":
8
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 for "Sakura Slutpuppy":
1 1 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 2:
4 4
«OOC» Slinger says, "Add 8 to that, so 15."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«OOC» Johny says, "Myph on a 27, 15 for Slinger, then 14 for silk, then 13 for Slutpuppy, then 3, 2, 1. Somewhere in here is slinger."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 vs TN 4 for "MYPH SMASH!":
1 1 1 2 2 4 5 5 5 17 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Kass, roll 4 dice, thats your rogue avoidance awesome."
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 4 (Avoid?) vs TN 4 for "Do NOT hit me!":
1 1 5 5 = 2 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» KassGM (#10360) rolls 9 (body) + 3 (CP) vs TN 3 for "8S -5 Impact: 3S. Need 6 successes":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4 for "More attack, rah! Stunball, Force 6, Base damage S":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "Force 6, -1(DL+1), 2D drain.":
2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 = 8 Successes
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Is there the ability to reposition, or does his being focused on me limit that?"
«OOC» Johny says, "You can't get to his back, no. You would need Sakura to 'take agro' but she's slower than you."
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Bleh. Ok, I'll attack him again until she can get her act together"
«OOC» Johny nods.
«OOC» Johny says, "This time, its just edged *1.5, +3 for the dagger."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (edged.*.1.5) + 3 (daggers!) vs TN 4 for "Eat damage":
3 3 3 4 4 5 10 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand"
«OOC» Johny says, "Round up."
«OOC» Johny says, "One more die."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 1 vs TN 4:
5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. You're gonna knock off another 10 percent of his life. He's at 65 percent now."
«OOC» Johny says, "Pose it."

Charging to the rescue, Silk figures she is a short-ranged character. That in mind, she'll hurl herself off the centaur as she gets closer and turns on her Stealth, trying to flank the big nasty that Sakura is concerned about.

A cluster of creatures, all moving together. Stupid mobs. Well, in this case, mob psychology causing them to try to deliver mob justice… will be their downfall. Raising a hand, Slinger makes an offer they can't refuse — an offer to take a nice, long nap, sending out the spell's energies toward the three weaker ones, doing his best to remove them as a threat.

Silk fades from view as she hits the ground, the magical cloak simply negating her from sight but leaving a faint outline of where she is. Her name stays present to her team mates, clearly denoting where she is going. She slips past the enemy, lurking in the chaos and clutter of the fight until stepping out of the 'shadows' behind Mysfesstao. She lashes out with her daggers, the mystic blades slicing through the air, the faint ripple of negative energy encircling them as they look to add another soul to the pommelstone's gems, the prison for all who she kills.

Stealthers. Stabination. Twinks. Back door lovers. Call them what you will, when it comes to a single beautiful strike, the Rogue is par excellence. The life-bar underneath Myph's name rattles as the blades strikes home, shattering and dropping down by a good quarter of its measure, as CRITICAL HIT: BACKSTAB! scrolls off the monster, followed by a stream of hitpoint numbers and 'TARGET SLOWED!'.

The spell takes the shape of asteroids raining down from heaven, striking the ground and cratering it with little moon-craters. A stream of numbers reads off from them as they take successive waves of damage. SLinger knocks about a third of each monsters hitpoints off each of the three, but then they turn… and charge at slinger. AGRO SHIFT!

Oh yeah; Myph turns to Silk. He's a little pissed.

Slinger scowls — a spell that powerful should have taken more of them. He floats upward, though, to the limits of the spell, and prepares another one — a good chance to zot those coming — as he moves backward as fast as he can, trading distance for time — but luring those three away from the other two combatants on his side.

Mysfesstao turns, whirling on one smoking hoof'd foot, bringing his head down, his ebony horns to gash down, then up along the centerline of Kassandra's body. You have his attention, and you have it good.

Silk takes the blow, grunting as Astriel's Spell of Health shimmers along her body, the light leather armour and spell working together along with her incredible agilty to prevent permanent harm to her body.

And again the elf lashes out with his magical energies, trying for more damage to the beasts in question, scowling. At least he's holding them off long enough for the others to hopefully take down the one evil bad guy, teaming up against him. He has these under control — or at least, he hopes so, still moving backward to keep distance between him and what appear to be melee fighters… at least at first glance.

AOE's drain mana quickly, and slinger can see the little blue meter of his Mana bar depleting quickly. His menus rather nicely reconfigure on their own; KITE MODE ACTIVATED. A new selection of spells and abilities present themselves, such as 'slow monster' and 'root' and other such things that seem to slow down the MOB's… which is good, because these guys are fast. You probably can't out run them for long.

This time however, 001 falls to 1/3rd of his life, while the other two fall to half life. The spell is as powerful as is mana-sucking.

Slinger growls in frustration. These things are /not/ going down the way they should. He's never seen anything handle two of his stunbolts, not right out in the open like this. Not even a high-force Spirit can stand up to two of his Stunbolts. That, at least, doesn't seem to translate properly. So he'll pick one of the other options. Slow, that looks like a good one — he'll try that one this time.

It may occur to Slinger, that as a game, one hit kills are 'unchallenging' for the players, so these are not 'normal' people, but rather, mobile challenges. On the up side; you can't actually die if these 'people' catch you and curbstomp you.

Still moving, spinning, Silk darts in with the wickedly curved knives. She is a blur of motion, copying the moves that she's seen Samuel perform before with his swords. She windmills the blades, clinking off the creature's armour, his weapon, staying atop him as she attempts to give Sakura an opening. The elf frowns, stabbling at eyes, legs, elbows.

The beast takes the blades across its thighs, bellowing in rage as blood 'flows' from its simulated wounds!

«OOC» Slinger says, "Are these things actually gonna get up to me? And how is they are seeing me? :)"
«OOC» Johny says, "Invisibility drops when you initiate combat. I should have mentioned that."
«OOC» Johny says, "I'm sorry; I forgot it in the details."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Oh! Crap :) No, you didn't. It's that irritating effect :)"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "eeek! 2nd edition D&d!"
«OOC» Johny says, "And yes, they can hit you. You have 2 dice of 'deflection' for being flying, but they -can- hit you."
«OOC» Johny says, "Sakura slut puppy gets her ass in gear now, and brings her greatcleaver of smackage in to play. She's gonna 'Hatetouch' the mob since she's a dark-knight class."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 vs TN 6 for "HateTouch! Once per combat encounter":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 9 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 5 for "Slow (Bind), F6, TN is target's quickness which is 5.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 11 17 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "F6, +2M, 5M drain.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Slinger will have to KP that. Whoa:)
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 9 vs TN 5 for "KP 1/21.":
1 1 1 2 4 4 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny grins.
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. Pose your special effects :)"
«OOC» Johny says, "They will be effectively brought to a crawl. You can now kite them with impunity."
«OOC» Johny says, "Kiting: Slowing a monster, then arrowing/spelling it to death while it chases you."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (edged.*.3) + 3 (daggers) vs TN 3 for "Stabby stabby.":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) for "'Fireball', F6, M damage. TN is base of 4":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 15
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Force 6, +1(DL+2) damage, becomes 4D drain…":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 16 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Drain test, KP 2/21.":
1 2 3 3 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Slinger says, "And that's 8 successes on the spell."

Sakura whirls now, bringing out her blade. She strides forth, seeing how Kassandra is handling the situation. She can't be shown up by the old boring woman. But man, she can move! She moves in to close combat, a nimbus of black and purple energy forming around her like an aura. She reaches out, one hand grabbing the creatures aura and ripping it back, seeming to leach off bits of it.

Mypheestao drops to his knees for a moment, stunned, his life bar chattering down to 35 percent as 30 percent more is taken in one fell blow.

The three Coalhooves run after Slinger, grunting and snarling, smoke trailing from their noses! ARRRRRR!

This time, Slinger selects 'Slow' as a spell. It feels strange to 'select' the spell, rather than just to /do/ it. Magic is innate, an extension of who you are, of how you see the world and reach out into it to manipulate energies. To let them flow through you and blend with the astral energies that flow through the world. You don't select that from a menu.
Even so, he does it, lifting a hand and gesturing toward the creatures, to give himself even more space. He glanes back toward the battle proper, and begins to circle back, describing a broad arc around the battle involving Sakura and Kassandra… just far enough away that the mobs will — hopefully — not consider them a more appealing pair of targets than the elusive mage.

Myphesstao goes down, stunned from the spell-like affect from Sakura. Silk doesn't hesitate; despite the virtual reality, this thing, this creature isn't real, it is a construct of this environment. She steps in, jamming her right handed blade into its throat and twisting, a fountain of digital blood flowing out. The left blade catches the being just under the sternum and cuts down, rotating sharply to the left, carving a circle through the tough skin. She kicks the being backwards, it's intestines spilling out from her blade. She snaps both and they return to a pristine clean, the jet black gemstones shimmering with energy as its soul is destroyed.

Slinger flips through his spell list swiftly, and then shrugs, grinning, and picks 'Fireball' from the list. Those are usually pretty fun! He targets the spell right in the center of the creatures, and then sends his will forward, with a gesture and a broad grin. A spell he never bothered to learn, since in 'Real Life' he is much more into sneakiness than flashy, kaboom-style effects. So this should be a new adventure… feeling the surge of power at throwing around mojo like his namesake…

Ohhh! FIRE! Now FIRE… thats dangerous for creatures covered in fur and not wearing armor. It sucks Slinger's Mana down to almost 20 percent… but the creatures burst in to flames, then keel over and die horrible, mueling deaths. When the digital smoke clears, there's only a trio of Satyr shaped ashpiles that blow away on the wind.

After the Coalhoof battle.

Sakura blinks, a grin coming to her features. "AWESOME!" She says as a Treasure Chest appears in front of her, from the fallen Myephystoa.. She starts to move for it.

Slinger shakes his head, wincing at the intensity of the drain from the spell. "Frag and drek!" he calls, grinning. "I know why I never bothered to learn Fireball. It sucks the energy right out of you. Ow!" He shakes his hands off, then grins… and resumes his invisibility spell, casting it — and then giving his mana an opportunity to recharge, letting the focus handle sustaining the spell as he drifts over toward the others. And checks the status of his mount.

When slinger comes down to the ground, his mount comes trotting in from off screen. No, really, he just sort of appears.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1:
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 for "Trapped Chest!":
1 2 2 3 4 4 5 8 10 16

Slinger rolls his eyes. "That's kinda lame," he remarks. But since he can't easily make his mount invisibile with him, it sort of defeats the purpose. So he'll head upward again. More used to this, anyway. "Luck? Nah, the tactics were fine. I took care of the weaker things, keeping them from ganging up on you, and you took out the big guy. Seems like fine tactics to me.

Sakura moves to the chest, thumbing the lock open with a grin… that rapidly dissapears as a cloud of noxious gas wells up from within. Luckly, the radius of the attack is short, catching only Sakura herself. She stumbles back, gagging as the poison gas fills her lungs. "OH GODDAMNIT!" She calls out as her life bar starts ticking down…

Checking her menus, Silk checks for 'Remove Poison' or other effects, a first aid kit, something that will help. She asks quietly, her voice little more than a rustle of silks and a breath on the wind, "I thought you were familiar with the game?"

"What the hell?" Slinger wants to know — and quickly starts flipping through his spell list, looking for something to work on poisons. He can try to heal her, of course, and he'll prepare that one while looking for something better. "And people bitch about my cigarettes," he mutters…

Silk directed her comment at Sakura.

Slinger also adds, "I know it's prolly a habit, but screw treasure, huh? This is all about one objective. Anything that slows us down, like this, ain't worth it. It's all about keeping your eyes on the prize and not getting greedy."

SAkura sits down on the ground. "No.. no… I just need time to rest." She says annoyedly… "Damn DOTs are cramping my style! ANd you may not want treasure, Slinger, but I do! I want the rewards of this! I need to be elite!"

Hm, Treasure? Silk moves forward, looking at the chest now that the gas is gone. "Shouldn't I be able to check for traps or something? I mean, isn't that what this archetype does, or is that only in my .. er .. in those novels?"

Slinger smirks. "Well, will random encounters like this get you treasure?" he wants to know. But he takes the chance to rest, as well, and lights up a cancer stick. And smirks and offers one to Sakura. In some games, smokes are considered Healing — likely something that the tobacco companies paid the game designers to put in. "Don't tell your Daddy," he quips, and lands, just to summon his mount and gently poke and prod at him, passing the time by seeing what his reactions are.

In this game, it's not however, and Sakura looks at slinger like he's made of maggots. "OH MY GOD no!" She coughs, turning away. "Kissing a boy who smokes is like licking a trog's ass!"

Inside the chest, is an icon representing cash, with the number underneath it of '502', and a filigreed rapier. It's stats, which are brought up when you reach for it, reference it as a +5 Rapier of Swiftness.

Oooing, Silk reaches in. Game or not, retired or not, treasure is treasure. "I think I could grow to like this sort of thing!" She attempts to collect the treasure, "This looks fairly interesting. I wonder if there .. ah, there is the command to see what stuff does."

Slinger laughs and shrugs. "I dunno. I've kissed plenty of boys who smoke… and it ain't anything like I figure a trog's ass would taste. Though I've never found out," he comments. He flicks off the ash from his current cancer stick, and adds, "I bet you've never done either, though," he says, with a broad grin on his face. "Kissed any boys, smokers or not."

She narrows her eyes evilly. "I've kissed LOTS of boys!" She says defensively then turns away. "Course you don't taste it. Cause you smoke." So -there-!

The coins flash, then disappear, a bag of money briefly flashing in front of Silk. The blade however, stays in her hand until she decides what to do with it.

"Kissing boys is disgusting," Silk remarks, swinging the sword around a moment. She hrms, checking whatever stats there are in the game vs. the daggers, comparing what she can do.

The daggers are clearly inferior to this loot, which is termed 'legendary'. A small data bit tells about how a Smith of the Falcar Clan forged it from the rib of an Iron Dragon, smelting it with the blood of a demon, yadda yadda yadda. A pop up comes for Silk then: New Quest Offered: Blood of the Founders, Accept [YES] [NO]

Slinger grins at Kassandra's comment. "Nah, it's fun. Especially when they squirm." He shrugs one shoulder, grinning, and takes a long puff of tobacco smoke. Eyeing his mana meter, to see if anything changes. This is kind of obnoxious, actually, having to just sit around and wait. "Can't I just use a stimpatch or somethin'?" he asks, quirking a brow with amusement.==

Sakura claps her hands over hear ears. "OH MY GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE SO OLLLLLLLLLLLD! YOU CANT BE KISSING!"

Slinger's Mana is recharging very rapidly now that he's at 'rest' (So noted by the rest icon under his hitpoints and mana meters.

Slinger just waggles his brows a little bit, making smooching noises with his lips, with wisps of smoke sliding from them. Impishly.

Silk raises an eyebrow at Slinger, shaking her head, "If you say so. I've never seen much interest in it." She considers the quest menu, tapping the NO key. No extra quests right now, they have things to do. She keeps the sword armed, nodding to herself. "Well, shall we move on?"

Sakura stands up, nodding. "We should move on before they repop."

Mr. Horseychan reappears. Slingers Mana is back to full at about the same time Sakura's health hits full; which is 'now'.

Silk swings back onto her mare, securing the blade in her sash. A scabbard appears around the weapon, the game handling those little things. The elven girl nods to the others, starting out in the direction the map indicates.

Fogmores castle can now be seen on the rise in the distance. It's a forboding, warped thing with architecture that cannot exist in real life, very escheresque and physically impossible, spindly and yet monolithic.

"All right," Slinger says, and checks the time as well. "Let's move." Invisibility back up, check. Levitating, check. Scanning the area. "Are we looking for trouble, or trying to get there as fast as possible?" the youth wonders, as he finishes his smoke and tosses it. Like Hansel and Gretel, leaving a trail of cancer to find his way back.

"I think we should hurry… I don't want more combat… I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed fogmoores head!" Says Sakura, in that wheelding way pre-teen girls have.

Sinking back into the deep shadows of her cloak, Silk murmurs, "I'd appreciate avoiding things. Although the treasure is rather nice, the chance of getting blooded before we get to the main goal isn't worth the problem." She glances to Sakura, making a sharp mental note to head that trait off in Maya.

[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!
[Public] Lewts4mi shouts to the zone: REZ PLZ!

[Public] Sakura shouts to the zone: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

[Public] Slinger has left this channel.

Slinger is already heading out in front, and up as high as the game will let him go, so he can see further any targets to avoid. Most notably, that camp that he saw up ahead, unless this was it — but he thought he saw something larger, and more foreboding. "That way?" he asks, with a gesture — and fortunately, visible, because invisibility only applies against the bad guys. Interesting the way it works, and convenient; real life doesn't seem to discriminate based on 'sides'.

Yeah, it's nice like that in a virtual world.

"Yeah, it's that way. But we need to go this way to avoid the Crunkhorns. They uh.." She glances to the side, then back to slinger. "They don't wear -pants-. And they… have… crunkhorns."

Silk blinks a few times and searches for her menus, killing the channels with a jab of her finger. She listens to Sakura and Slinger, "That doesn't even sound good. I don't want to see whatever that is."

Slinger smirks at the comment. "Oh, noes! No pantzes!" Slinger says, miming abject horror by holding his arms up before his face. "And crunkhorns! Whatever the frag a crunkhorn is," he snorts, grinning. Then, he pauses, and asks Sakura, in the most serious voice he can manage. "Do… uh… /I/ have a crunkhorn?"

She nods sagely. "Only yours doesn't have mouth. With another mouth inside it. And teeth."

Blink. "I *do not* want to see that." Silk murmurs sharply, "This way? This way." The elven girl moves in the direction they have decided, muttering darkly.

Slinger smirks at that. No, actually, he chortles. "Gives a whole new meaning to a blow-job," he remarks sagely. "Hey, having straight sex would be just like eating pussy!" The elf cannot help but smirk at that. "All right. Lead on. I'll scout up ahead for any of these crunkhorn things. Though I still am curious how having a mouth on an excretory organ is in /any/ way a survival trait…"

The girl turns on her mount, planting her beat-red face in a direction OTHER Than looking at Slinger. OMG a boy just said 'eating pussy'.

SHe then mutters to silk… "THat way… along the Rangshadak ridge…"

Never a mob around to distract whenever you need one. Silk considers her new sword as they move along, warily looking for critters or a nice open tunnel to the Evil Bad Guy. She nods to Sakura, heading along the Rangshadak Ridge.

The game just got a lot more fun for Slinger once he discovered how easy it is to make Sakura blush. But he follows along… Rangshadak Ridge. Somebody likes alliteration. And he proceeds along, taking the time to familiarize himself with his spell list, and maybe a vague idea of what the spells do. No more nasty surprises, like Invisibility suddenly turning off.

The next hour or so is spent in cat and mouse, cloak and dagger zig zagging across the ridge, in to the valleys and through forests of dead trees. You're avoiding things like Zombies, 'spirits' that look like toxic elementals, evil treents and something that looks vaguely like a very very angry sperm from a man probably 9 miles tall.

Silk eyes the various mobs, her own natural inclination to sneak paying off in this case. She swings wide around these creatures, all but holding her breath as they make their way around the various mobs and hopefully towards their goal.

The sperm gets a wide berth from Slinger, who guffaws as soon as it's safe. "Damn, now /that/ is a cock I wouldn't want to suck," Slinger drawls, as soon as we are clear of the thing. "Apparently the game designers were running out of ideas. I would hate to be them, actually." He checks his mana levels — sustaining spells through foci doesn't take his attention in the real world, but the game rules might be different.

The mana cost to sustain a spell such as this is negligable, and is overcome with your natural regeneration.

Slinger also casually wonders, as we travel, "So. Sakura… just outta curiosity, why didn't you grab a couple of your friends for this? You know, give them badass characters, so they could help you get this artifact and the head of this Big Evil Dude?" That's the thing that's been bugging him for a while: motivation. Why hire Shadowrunners when, frankly, a gamer would /kill/ for the level of interface that he's currently using.

"It was daddies idea." She admits. "See, the other Sakura is the daughter of one of his work buddies.."

Slinger laughs softly. "I see. I just figured, you know, somebody familiar with the game would probably be more effective than we are. We know a lot about the real world, but in here we're really just newbs," he admits.

Silk glances to Sakura, "Uh huh." Well, that clears up about ninety percent of what she thought this was about.

"News enough to take down Mesto in like, what, 10 seconds without a single PK? I mean, that was AWESOME, you guys toasted the entire village before I really got a shot off!"

Slinger shrugs his shoulder, grinning. "Is that unusual? I guess what I'm confused by is, well, all we are is our characters. And anybody else coulda gotten given good characters like these, and voila. Not that I'm objecting. I'm getting paid good money to play a game!"

Silk chuckles quietly, keeping her eyes on the area around them, one hand on the sword's hilt.

The Fortress

And through the forest you come; to the very gates of Castle Fogmoore. The edifice of the castle stands before you, looming even, like one of the towers from the Lord of the Rings, only not nearly so structurally stable. The smell of rotting flesh is powerful, the ravens constantly circling and cawing omnipresent… "DANGER: ENTERING RAID ZONE"

"What's a RAID ZONE?" Slinger wants to know. He pauses, lights up another cigarette, inhales deeply while he travels closer. Huffing down some nicotine — which at least seems to satisfy those urges. He hasn't begun craving tobacco, which means his body is getting enough — or at least, the trode 'net is /telling/ his body he's getting enough of the drug.

"Oh.. you know. Where you can get hurt. Inside the raid zone, you know… it will totally slag your character; like break your toys, and log you out with a SERIOUS headache."

Huh, a giant castle. Silk frowns darkly at the smell of rotting flesh .. some programmer was WAY too close to it to in order to get the scent down this well. She looks up at the birds, then over to Sakura. "Oh. Wonderful."

As the smell drifts toward him, Slinger puffs harder on his rolled cigarette, creating a small cloud of it around him to help shield him from the stench. "Right. So welcome to Double Jeopardy, where the scores /really/ change!" He can't help but laugh. "Anytihng we oughtta do to power up? If so, let's do it, and get this show on the road!"

"No…" She admits, thinking it over. "Now.. we can go in the front door, but then we fight all the yard trash. We could TRY to climb the outside of the tower, I hear one guy made it all the way up before he got picked off by the WarCrones… and then he like, didn't log in for a week and never tried it again, later."

Terms she doesn't know go right over her head, but the tone is clear. Silk nods, "Then if climbing is somehow not an option, we bulldoze through the minor foes and make our way up to get the main guy with most of our strength intact? I mean, I'm up for climbing if that cuts down on our foes?"

Slinger smirks. "What's a little headache?" the young mage asks. "I bet they got good drugs, anyway, that can knock our asses out if we fail. I say we try climbing it. Screw the yard trash." He takes another drag, then flicks the butt downward with disdain. "Plus, I should be able to levitate up there, right?" he asks, with a grin. Then he pauses. "When I cast a spell — do I like, gesture and wave my arms around and drek?"

"Climing cuts down the foes and speeds us up, yeah… but you know, if we barrel through, we may not make it. The pathing in there is HORRIBLE and monsters run away to get more friends. There's a reason my daddy wanted 'professionals'… ya know?"

Hmming, Silk checks her backpack and pouches for ropes, or climbing gear, or the innate ability to cling to walls. "So sure, we can climb. It seems a more logical choice to me, rather than fighting through hundreds of minor distractions. It's clearly designed to sap our strength."

Hey look; everyone can climb.

"Okay… then we need to skirt around to the back wall. We need to be reaaaaaaaaaaaly sneaky, because Garga-maul will wake up if we arn't carefull.."

"Garga-Maul." Silk says in a deadpan voice, "If it has a giant hammer, I am going to find the programmers and beat them."

"Cylops with a massive club, who summons little blue demons to fight for him." She answers, deadpan.

Slinger nods, and falls silent — and moves around the side, scouting the way ahead. He can be quiet — and does his best to remain totally silent. No footfalls, no touching the ground, and he even keeps his breathing very close to silent.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Stealth + 10 (cloak!) for "Hide!":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 16
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Stand"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
1 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "Sakura ain't so stealthy. Death knight baby!":
2 3 4 5 13
«OOC» Johny says, Kassandra gets +12 for her cloak of Invisibility, +12 for invisibility spell."

Silk takes the point on this, fading into the shadows. Her cloak billows around her and then she simply becomes part of the night. Her feet leave no traces on the ground, her footfall no sound. Like a leaf on the wind, the girl drifts from place to place, letting the shadows guide her, her senses tuned to the surroundings.

Maybe its her death-aura and the shadows she can call on, but Sakura holds her own on the stealth front, moving quietly, silent. Mounts are gone now, all on their feat. She follows along behind Silk as best she can, occasionally snapping a dead twig or disloging a rock… but nothing serious.

With Slinger above and Kassandra up in front, hopefully we can keep Sakura out of the worst of the trouble. Slinger doesn't even dare breathe. Or rather, he does, but does so as quietly as possible. Up in the air, watching for trouble and taking advantage of the greater height, Slinger slowly moves around toward the rear of the massive castle.

Where is Silk? The elven rogue can be seen here, perhaps there, the faint traces of her form melding out of the shadows, slipping away from the wall, pausing to listen. She waits for the others before moving too far along, looking for this cyclops.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Stealth + 10 (cloak!) for "Hide!":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "Sakura":
1 2 2 5 17
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 3 + Karma Pool: 2 for "KP 5/21…":
1 1 2 4 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 for "KP 6/21… more stealth.":
2 3 3 7 11
«OOC» Johny hehs. so, 22, 17, 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 vs TN 17 for "SmarfAte":
1 1 2 4 4 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 vs TN 17 for "SmarfAte KP 1/2":
2 3 3 5 9 10 = 0 Successes

Sakura wants nothing to do with GargaMaul or SmarfAte, and she shows that in the seriousness with which she takes this endeavor. She blends in to the shadows, not even a stone out of place as she ghosts to the uneven stone-studded back wall, where climbing is possible.

Hm. Little blue people .. and one little blue girl. Silk shakes her head, not *even* wanting to know. She slips past the guards, a whisp on the wind as she drifts towards the back wall, stepping out of the darkness next to Sakura.

Crazy blue things. Those are creepy, cute, and menacing all at the same time. He has to give the designers kudos on that. Now is not the time to smoke a cigarette, and he finds himself hoping that the lingering odor of it doesn't drift downward too badly. Hopefully undetectable over the smell of rotting flesh. And then we are approaching the back wall, and the young mage uses the advantage of his spell to touch the wall, as high as he can get, arms out to embrace it while he grits his teeth. And waits for the others before he slowly begins to climb.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 4: Sakura's first climbing check
1 4 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Athletics + 5 (rogue) vs TN 4 for "Climb Climb the mighty tower":
2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 10 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Athletics + 2 (levitation) vs TN 4 for "First athletics check.":
1 1 3 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 2 for "Additional dice from Levitation spell.":
4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
2 3 3
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "KP 1":
4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Stealth + 10 (cloak) for "+12 to roll":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 14
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Stand on 26"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth for "KP 10/21…":
2 2 10
«OOC» Slinger says, "Stand on 10+12=22, I think?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Si."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "Sakura's stealth":
1 2 2 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "Sakura's stealth KP 1/10 (She's really good at the game)":
1 1 4 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "WAr Crone":
1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Athletics + 4 (levitation) vs TN 5:
2 3 4 5 8 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Athletics + 5 (rogue) vs TN 5 for "Climb Climb the mighty tower Part II: Electric Boogaloo":
2 2 3 3 5 5 5 11 11 14 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 vs TN 5 for "SAkura's athletics":
1 2 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Stealth + 10 (cloak) for "+12 to roll":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 14
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "Stealth for Sakura":
4 4 5 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth + Karma Pool: 1 for "KP 12/21…":
2 5 8 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "Warcrone":
1 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Sakura's last athletics check":
2 3 3 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Athletics + 5 (rogue) vs TN 6 for "Climb Climb the mighty tower Part III: With a Vengence":
1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Athletics + 5 (rogue) - 2 vs TN 6 for "Climb Climb the mighty tower Part III: With a Vengence, karma reroll":
2 2 3 3 5 5 7 8 = 2 Successes

Sakura glances to Silk, then turns to the wall, exhaling. SHe looks up the wall, so far above where Fogmore stands on his throne of bone. She shakes her head then grips the wall. "I can do this…" She starts her climb, being neither professional and awesome, but also, neither is she a lump clinging to the wall.

Slinger slowly starts to inch his way upward. Unfortunately, it turns out he's no better at this in the game than he is in Real Life, and he slowly inches upward — and starts to fall backward once, before catching himself. It takes all his willpower to bite his lip and not cry out in panic, but he manages to catch himself and proceed upward, at least roughly keeping pace with the others. He pauses, looking around — and eyeing the ground far below. The spell — he has no idea how it will work. But it seems to be helping him a little.

Silk looks up the wall. Free climbing, eh? She can do that, and the character seems designed for it. Pulling on a pair of light gloves Silk offers, "Lasts one to the top buys the drinks." She takes a step back and just leaps up, snagging a loose stone and moves upwards like a spider, hands and feet finding places to grab, to push off from.

You know, this is the problem with castles these days. Engineers keep damn well building these fucking back doors RIGHT IN to them! It makes it hard to keep the riff raff out. Why, if Fogmoore knew about this, he'd do more than just put a goddamn cyclops out there. He'd smooth the wall!

Slinger makes his way upward, still watching for trouble. But most of his concentration is being taken finding the proper handholds. Now he's falling into a rhythm, slowly making his way upward, and starting to gain a bit of confidence in this task. A few smartass remarks occur to him, but perhaps while being sneaky isn't the best time to voice them. Up, up he goes, gradually leaving the ground behind in the haze hovering over the courtyard, reducing the chance of being seen from that direction, at least.

The higher you go, the less confident Sakura gets. It may only be a 'game', but it's still scary to be up there, 200 feet up a castle wall, looking down on what will be a VERY painful death. Because it doesn't not hurt. Oh, it hurts, dying.. it's just not perminant.

She does continue on however, trying to not be shown up by the OLD people.

The Top of the Castle

Slinger is started to get the hang of this, it would seem. Now he is growing more comfortable, more able to look around. The top is within reach, even though he is starting to get a little tired — but not as much as he might think, despite his heavy smoking habit. He grins as he peers over the edge, and then crawls over it, breathing a little harder than usual — and drops into a defensive crouch, looking for any possible cover. Just in case something leaps out at him.

Hundreds of feet in the air and Silk has little to no concern, less fear. The elven girl skims across the surface of the wall, her accelerated speed and uncanny agility giving her the almost squirrel-like ability to scurry along the surface of the wall. She falters only once as she runs short of outcroppings and good points to hang from. She hrms, looking a meter or so to her left and swings over quietly, snagging the jagged surface of the wall. She makes the last few feet with ease, sliding over the top of the wall quietly, peeking first before committing herself. She turns, moving to assist the others.

THe top of Lord Fogmoores castle… is a gentile affair, so out of touch, out of place with the death and decay of the world that surrounds it. The top is some thousand feet in the air, clearly a great distance, your arms are sore, shoulders burning. Manicured greenery surrounds you, butterflys flitting from flower to flower, a careful construction that a french nobleman would be willing to walk through…

Sakura makes it to the top. "Don't be fooled… point at the butterflies.. take a look."

Making sure Sakura is up and alright, Silk lets her arms rest a moment and scans the room, looking intently at the butterflies. No doubt, they have fangs or guns or sprout tentacles.

Slinger is eyeing the butterflies, and the garden, and winces at the sight of the things. "What's wrong with them?" he asks, though he's sure it will become obvious upon closer inspection.

Creature: Ghastly Butterflies (Class: Undead)

Undead. Silk frowns, eyes narrowing at the butterflies, eyes scanning the roof for a way around the creatures. She remarks, "I don't suppose we have any quiet way to avoid them or dispatch them?"

Slinger consider that, and scrolls through his list of spells. Something area-of-effect might work, but fireballs are less-than-subtle. "How badass are they? In terms of, say, hit points?" he wants to know, considering the size of the area he'd have to cover — which might well create a bit of its own problem.

Slinger thinks of something, though. And just for fun, he tries calling one of his Elementals to him. An air elemental. Those are useful, potentially…

"It's cool." She says. "THey arn't agro, but if you step to close, they will leach away your mana and life… it's sort of a passive effect, a kind of debuff…" Sakura moves forward though… "Fogmoores… this way, I think. I mean, I've never been here. I've never BEEN here.." She glances around now, clearly looking unsure. "HE could be over in the tower…. or he could be in the gardens… or he could be… over in the green house… I mean.. he… wanders."

The elven girl frowns, moving to follow Sakura and keeping her distance. "There is not some sort of intelligence report on this place, no copies of floorplans?" Silk shakes her head, her cloak staying close to her body, seeming to contract around her at times and then grow much larger at others, drinking in the shadows as if storing them up for later. "So we just wander around and whistle for him?'

"And give up the advantage of surprise?" Slinger asks. He'll avoid the butterflies, definitely. Leeching mana isn't a happy thing. And he'll scroll through his spells again, looking for things to make him more badass. He has Increase Body, though he plans to put that into a tattoo… right now, it's too costly to maintain, but it might help him survive eventually…

"No, this is a dynamic area of the zone; it changes, shifts, keeps altering. It keeps the challenge fresh." She explains.

"I like to think of it as redecorating…" Says the dulcet voice from the gardens to the west, stepping closer… the voice belongs to a dark skinned elven male, dark blondish white hair pulled back in to a noblemans topknot, dressed in plate armor etched with gold filligree.

"Welcome to Fogmoore Manor. I hope you like it… it's to -die- for…"

lonartbook_image004.jpg
Lord Frangil de FogMoore, Master of the Dread Plains

Slinger was about to say something, but the voice makes him whirl around toward the sound. And his first thought is… damn. I'd hit that with a stick! Just when he's starting to get a rather embarassing hardon, though, the last phrase comes out. No, no, that is not the sound of somebody friendly. Slinger is already moving at this point, away from the others — and using his spell defense to protect the group, for now, as he gathers his energies for a sharp, stinging stunbolt…

Silk turns as the voice speaks. She's run into her share of strange stuff; actually, she has run into *more* than her fair share. She doesn't wait for the conversation to take anymore of a turn for the worse; instead, she steps the opposite direction from Slinger and attempts to vanish in preparation to flank.

"Oh Drek!" She says, a frantic look on her face. "He's not supposed to listen to chatter!" Sakura says, dread coming to her features… "Oh no… oh god no, not today!"

Lord Fogmoore approaches, sliding out from behind the Foliage. "I'm sorry, was my presence in my own castle uncounted on? Please, make your protestations of innocence breif, I do have a busy day of killing other adventurers ahead of me, BrightFlower… Your friends will not help you conquer me."

Scratch that. Slinger is still working on the proper spell, but he will also try again to summon one of his elementals. Earth, this time. One of the more powerful ones. Hell, he'll grab more than one if it's available, and send it out toward the elf, even though part of him is falling into lust…

Watching quietly, Silk murmurs, "Why do I have the oddest feeling you aren't the normal mob here? AI or programmer, tho, wonder." She waits, looking to see what Sakura is going to do. This is the client's quest, they are here to help, not do.

[OOC] Frangil de FogMoore says: Game Master. One of the perks of the Job.

Sakura groans…. "This isn't fair!"

"You say that so often, Brightflower. I wonder what your basis of comparison is."

Slinger gets a menu! SUMMONING TEMPLATE ENGAGED! The template shows a sliding scale; More mana in, the more powerful the Elemental, who can root and engulf as well as attack, but the more mana you dont have for the battle itself… No elementals on standby here.

Slinger considers the menu… and will take a good 40 percent of his Mana, nearly half of it, and dump it into the elemental. Earth, one that will hopefully spring up behind the evil creature and at least give him something else to worry about. Of course, the Game Master already knows he is there, and Slinger smirks. "Fuckin' nice body," he remarks. "Maybe you'll stay jacked into the thing when I bend it over and rape it up the ass. You can smoke the cigarette afterward with me. You like that?" the cocky young mage wants to know.

[OOC] Frangil de FogMoore says: Thats against my EULA

Silk holds her position, looking from Sakura to Fogmore a moment, "There is something going on here more than we were told." She frowns faintly, then pauses as Slinger speaks to the Game Master. She blinks a few times, going quiet.

Slinger pages: Sorry about that. But Slinger's thought — the best thing we can do is make this guy /mad/… if he's human, he has that as a vulnerability, emotion.
You paged Slinger with 'Absolutely. No problem.'.

The Earth Elemental comes in to being, a large section of the building breaking off and pooling down near Frangil to form a man made of stone. It's slow, but it's a tank of an elemental and it lunges for Frangil.

Sakura just blinks at Slinger, eyes wide. "You said that to a GM! HOLY SHIT!" She doesn' move yet, to attack Frangil, almost scared to, perhaps a little taken aback by the very very VERY Raunchy tone of the wizard.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1 for "Elemental, +4":
11
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 for "+9 for Sakura Slutpuppy":
1 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 for "+10 for Frangil(Cheating)":
1 1 1 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 3 for "+4 Reaction.":
3 8 11
«OOC» Johny says, "Frangil (22), Sakura (22), Slinger (19), Silk (18), Earth Elemental (16)"
«OOC» Johny says, "First up, Frangil. He's going to cast 'UNHOLY BEYOND', a mana drain on Slinger. 'Stealh Health' is the spell it's modeled on. Every success (It can be resisted with spell pool and watnot) will be 2 percent of your mana he takes for himself."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 vs TN 4 for "Steal Health. And shiznit.":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 5 5 10 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Ass."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Steal Health. And shiznit. KP 1/15":
1 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Stand on 6."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery Pool: 5 vs TN 7 for "Spell pool to resist Steal Health F7… (Spell Defense)…":
1 2 4 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "KP 13/21":
1 2 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 for "Willpower roll to resist more…":
2 3 4 4 5 16 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 5 vs TN 7 for "KP 14/21":
1 3 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 + 4 (Blade of Zalgoz!) vs TN 5 for "Sakura's attack. 8(M) base":
1 1 1 3 4 4 5 7 9 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 + 4 (Blade of Zalgoz!) - 4 vs TN 5 for "Sakura's attack. 8(M) base KP 2/10.":
1 1 1 2 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 9 for "Stunbolt, F6, targeting for D damage, TN is 9 for target's willpower.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 8 11 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 14 vs TN 9 for "KP 15/21.":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 7 7 10 10 11 14 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 10 vs TN 9 for "KP 17/21":
1 1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Meh."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "F6, -1(DL), 2D.":
1 4 5 7 16 22 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 1 vs TN 2 for "KP 18/21 — wound penalties suck.":
5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Slinger says, "Total of 6 succs coming at him. :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 1:
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat).":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 10 = 16 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 - 16 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat), karma reroll 4/14":
1 2 2 2 4 5 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 - 19 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat), karma reroll 6/14":
1 2 4 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "G'damn."
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand on 21 successes"
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 vs TN 5 for "You got buddies here with you.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 13 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 - 4 vs TN 5 for "You got buddies here with you. KP 2/15":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 7 10 11 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Kass, 4 dice evasion"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Evasion) vs TN 4 for "Evasion":
1 1 4 5 = 2 Successe
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Evasion) - 2 vs TN 4 for "Evasion, karma 7/14":
1 4 = 1 Success
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand"
«OOC» Johny says, "net 4 to him, you're going to be down 20 of your hitpoints. No wound mods, but there ya go."
«OOC» Johny says, "20%"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 + 4 (attack!) vs TN 3 for "Sakura attack!":
2 2 2 2 3 5 5 5 11 15 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 + 4 (attack!) - 6 vs TN 3 for "Sakura attack! KP 3/10":
1 1 3 4 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "8 to her, he's lost another 16 percent of his HP, down to 63 percent."
<Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 12 vs TN 9 for "Additional attempt: This is Stunbolt, F6, base D damage. KP… 16/21?":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 12 vs TN 9 for "Additional attempt: This is Stunbolt, F6, base D damage. KP… 18/21?":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 7 16 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "pose jorr spell."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "F6, -1(DL), 2D":
1 2 3 3 9 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 1 vs TN 2 for "KP 19/21":
4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat).":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 8 11 = 15 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 - 15 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat), karma reroll kp 8/14":
1 1 1 2 3 5 7 11 = 4 Successes
Mr Man is at 34 Percent Life
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 vs TN 5 for "I hate you people. Really, I mean, who the fuck are you? Your ISP isn't any registered player, but your accounts are legal. And you're not cheating… really. But you are fast and powerful, and I don't like that. You mus tbe cheating because I'm losing.":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 10 10 10 16 17 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 - 7 vs TN 5 for "I hate you people. Really, I mean, who the fuck are you? Your ISP isn't any registered player, but your accounts are legal. And you're not cheating… really. But you are fast and powerful, and I don't like that. You mus tbe cheating because I'm losing. KP 4/15":
1 1 1 3 4 4 5 16 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Stand on 9. Kass, evasion dice."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Evasion":
2 5 5 11 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "knocs it down to 6. You just took 30 percent of your life (You're at 50%)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 + 4 (Blade of Zalgoz!) vs TN 3 for "DIE DIE DIE DIE says Sakura Brightflower, who wants to keep her name.":
2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 11 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "he's to 30.5 percent."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 3 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 9 for "Zot, again… same as before. Force 6, D damage.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 9 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 14 vs TN 9 for "KP 20/21…":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 9 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "F6, -1(DL), 2D.":
1 2 2 2 4 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery Pool: 1 vs TN 2:
4 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 1: Critical test
2
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats 8 percent of his lifo… taking him down to 22.5"
Pool: 9 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat).":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 16 = 16 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 9 (Edged.*.3) + 5 (Rapier) + Combat Pool: 9 - 16 vs TN 3 for "TN 3 (Friends in combat), karma reroll kp 9/14":
2 3 3 3 3 4 4 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 1: Critical test
2
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats 1 percent of his lifo… taking him down to 11.5"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 vs TN 5 for "Bitch, will you die, please? I mean, I'm asking nicely here.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 8 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 - 5 vs TN 5 for "Bitch, will you die, please? I mean, I'm asking nicely here. KP 5/15":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 7 7 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 15 - 10 vs TN 5 for "Bitch, will you die, please? I mean, I'm asking nicely here. KP 7/15":
1 2 4 7 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Stand on 12. You can add KP to the evasion if you want."
«OOC» Johny says, "Err, CP"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (evasion) + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Dodge?":
1 1 3 3 4 7 17 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (evasion) + Combat Pool: 3 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Dodge? karma reroll kp 10/14":
1 2 3 7 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Karma? That will leave you wiht 5 percent of your life. 10 percent."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (evasion) + Combat Pool: 3 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Dodge? karma reroll kp 12/14":
1 4 5 = 2 Successes
Huh? (Type "help" for help.)
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand on 6"
«OOC» Johny says, "20 percent!"
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. He's really wailing you."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 vs TN 3 for "Hey! Thats my Shadowrunner!":
1 1 1 3 3 4 5 7 7 8 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 10 - 7 vs TN 3 for "Hey! Thats my Shadowrunner! KP 6/10":
1 2 3 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 9 for "Stunbolt again, F6, D damage…":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 15 vs TN 9 for "KP 21/21. Last ditch…":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 7 8 8 14 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "F6, -1(DL), 2D.":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 11 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "There we go :)"
You paged Slinger with 'Pose removign him from this reality.'.
You paged Slinger with 'Thats 10 percent, 3.5 more than he had left :)'.

Frangil snarls as the Elemental comes at him. The beauty of his features is transformed to the fury of the Vampire lord who's been roused; eyes turn to red glow, features draw gaunt, fangs slide out and the hiss is palpetable. He lashes out, his hands glowing with a deathly purple energy, tendrils reaching for slinger.

Slinger receives the force of the spell — throwing up his own shields in defense. He could do more, but he wants to save some for offense, later. Still, some of the spell's force is dissipated — and the rest is resisted by the elf's own willpower. "Does your mommy know you jerk off to pics of little boys?" he wants to know.

Sakura rushes forth now, no longer caught flat footed. "FOR THE GLORY OF ELFLORIANHAME AND THE GODDESS SANDARA!" She brings her blade down, a titanic blow that actually seems to phase the Noble Vampire.

With all his remaining energy dumped into a spell, Slinger lashes out toward the GM, even as he finishes the vicious accusation, with the hopes that perhaps it might actually hit home. After all, this 'GM' is some teenager sitting in a room somewhere, probably male, with pimples and a bad haircut and no friends at all, and maybe Slinger can capitalize on that. But even so, he sends energy from his hand, guided by force of will, toward his enemy, a powerful bolt of magical energy carrying its own intoxication and confusion along with it, designed to disorient and drain health at the same time.

The spell comes in, slamming against the Boss Mob of Frangil, battering at him. Several numbers scroll quickly by, the sort of massive damage that only a high powered, world shaking wizard can dish out, and yet, his life bar moves only a bit, as stolen mana moves to fill the gap left by the missing life. The next shot may hurt more though, as his overflow drains away.

Undead prettyboys are one of the things that Silk has taken a strong dislike to recently. Maybe this guy reminds her of someone else, or maybe she just wants to shut him down quickly. Regardless, the elf flickers out of the shadows in a quick ballestra move, taking a quick hop foreward before jamming the enchanted blade at his unprotected side, twisting the blade before going back on guard.

The Vampire lord screams out in rage as the Rogue gets on his flank and rends in to him. In almost the same moment he's hit from the other side by the earth elemental, doubling up the attacks and the pain. "I'm going to kill you all, then BAN you!" He snarls, coming back around now to launch an attack at Kassandra. One hand forms in to a sicle-like claw as it comes around…

Silk slips back, the shadows of her cloak rended by the clawblow from the vampire lord. She grunts as the impact tears through her lightly armoured form, her movement enough to turn a killing blow into a *just* a good wounding. She eyes her damage monitor with a frown.

Sakura slides in to the space vacated by Silk, her blade flashing in and out as she spins, doing a little twirl to bring her blade slamming home in to the vampires chest, leaving a rent the size of Rhode Island in the Vampire Lords armor. "Flank him! Flank him!"

Strangely enough, though, the elf's spell seems to do even more this round — perhaps because the undead elf is too busy fighting people to do much to defend himself against magics. Slinger curls his lips upward, breathing a little faster, gloating as he steals even more of the other mage's life energy. Powerful young mage!

The spell washs over the Dark Lord of the Tower of Fogmoore, this time rending at his flesh like a wave of acid. His skin starts to bubble up as a full ten percent of his health bar drops away again; leaving him with just over half his life left. "HACKS! I SWEAR TO GOD I'M LOGGING THIS!"

At Sakura's urging, Silk drops and rolls under the swinging blades, and to her feet again, dancing a circle around the Vampire Lord. The rapier flashes in and out of combat like the proverbial flickering snake, seeking to penetrate armour, to slice and cut and rend the man. She adds vicious twists every time, looking to open bleeding wounds where she stabs, opeing veins and arteries in the wake of her blows.

The elf doesn't stop moving, her blade moving as an extension of her arm, the dance she and Aladriel spoke of with Samuel once. Her cloak flows around her, a sea of shadows and cloth, silk and silence reigning around her as she does battle. No catcalls, no excess words come from the rogue. She stays as silent as death, letting her skill do the talking.

The ragged vampire lord seems to realize he's fighting a losing battle now, because he turns full force in to Kassandra, looking to do as much as possible now. His hands, now claws, leak black ichor as he comes in, trying to plunge blade-like fingers in to her chest.

The ragged vampire lord seems to realize he's fighting a losing battle now, because he turns full force in to Kassandra, looking to do as much as possible now. His hands, now claws, leak black ichor as he comes in, trying to plunge blade-like fingers in to her chest.

Silk gasps as the claws tear at her form, hitting much harder this time, her movements not quick enough to get away from the man. She shakes off the wounds, the black ichor leaving rends in her armor, destroying her left arm Bracer of Defense. Silk beats the hands back, watching Sakura to see which way she moves.

Sakura shoulderslams the Vampire now, using her spiky pauldroon before bringing the hilt of her greatsword about to smash Fogmoore in the chin with the pommel. She's got a decent combat form if she's not running on automatic combat. "AGGG! DIE YOU UGLY FUGLY!"

The Vampire lord actually stumbles when the girl slams in to him, fear showing in his digital features.

Once more, Slinger sends a bolt of crimson energy rocketing toward the undead elf, watches with satisfaction as the hit-point meter drops perceptibly. "Put some fuckin' clothes on. You look stupid playing in your underwear with your little cock," he sneers, hoping to score a hit, a distraction to the other player that might give one of us the critical opportunity we need.

Taking advantage of Sakura's distraction and shove, Silk pivots and disposes of the showy swordwork. Instead she picks a spot where his armour has the slightest gap and shoves the blade as hard as she can, her right hand adding to her left and then pushing forward with all her bodyweight (which isn't a lot, mind you). Once the blade is firmly in place she slams into it again, grunting with effort.

Following up his attack now, Fogmoore grabs Kassndra now, one hand lifting the woman, squeezing her neck. He brings her closer now, fangs extending. Oh yes.. so sweet…

Blade still lodged in the weak spot, Silk beats on the man's wrist and arm with both hands as her breath is being crushed out of her. If not for Aladriel's spell on her, she'd already be dead. The lights start to dim in her eyes as the man drags her forward. With one last effort she kicks out at the hilt of the rapier, the jarring of the wound giving her a moment's respite.

She comes in now, bringing her blade back around in a whistling arc, a growl on her lips… "LET HER GO!"

THe blade thunks in to the vampire lord, severing the arm holding Kassandra at the elbow… it's still attached to her, mind, still grasping, not no longer attached to -him-…

Slinger sees his opening and claims it, launching one more glowing dart, this one nearly violet-hot with carried energy, arcing into the burned, seared, lacerated, and otherwise damaged body of the undead elf. This one burrows past all his defenses, arcing into his flesh. Normally, the spell might just encourage a Rip Van Winkle impression, but here, the spell has its own powerful energy, interacting with the undead flesh of the creature and creating a swirling explosion of energy that, from inside, radiates a powerful glow. And the undead elf smoulders, before the energy rips his torso apart, leaving the head lying there…

The head falls to the ground…. and when it hits the ground, a massive GONG sounds, reverberating across the landscape. As the gong's reverberation fades… the sun peaks over the distant hills, shedding sunlight across the Dread Planes for the first time in weeks…

[GAME] SILK has gained a level!
[GAME] SLINGER has gained a level!
[GAME] SAKURA BRIGHTFLOWER has gained a level!

[GAME - WORLDWIDE] SAKURA BRIGHTFLOWER, SILK and SLINGER have brought day to the dread plains by snuffing the Vampire Lord Fogmoore and claiming his head!

Silk shoves the severed arm off her, drawing breath again. She lays there a moment, trying to get her bearings, damage indicators feebly indicating the miniscule amount of lifepoints she has left. The elf sits up, regarding the head of the undead man.

Sakura breaths hard, breathes heavy, letting the tip of her blade fall to the ground… "Holy.. om… jesus.. febajesus… whoa…." She says, as a MASSIVE treasure chest rezzes in to existance where Fogmoore was standing. "Uh… someone else open that."

Slinger grins and gestures invitingly to Kassandra. "You wanna get this one? Maybe do that awesome rogue trapchecking thing you've got?" He pulls out a cigarette and lights it up, looking cocky as he does a victory dance. And then paws through his items in search of a Healing potion. He's pretty sure he bought one of those, didn't he? If he finds it, he tosses it to Sakura.

Sakura's not hurt, really, It's Kassandra who's covered in blood splatters; all her own.

Silk shakes her head. "I'll pass. At this point a hard sneeze is going to kill me. Plus, you need and deserve the treasure, Sakura." She rises painfully, recovering her blade from the ground. "I need a bath."

Slinger looks between them, accustomed to looking at appearance more than damage indicators. "Ack, sorry. Here," he suggests, tossing the potion toward Kassandra's character. "Drink up. Good for what ails ya. Grow some hair on your chest," he says with a grin.

Sakura nods, moving over to the treasure chest and opening it. It's not trapped, and she pulls out a shitton of coin, but also, a set of cloth gloves inscribed with Unobtanium Runes… "These are for slinger…" She says, tossing them his way… She pulls out a chestplate decorated in red roses and bloodvines… "Oh, this is SO MINE!" She squeels… and then she looks futher in. "HUh." She says, pulling out the Rogue's gear.

"This here is a bow…" And indeed, it is. "Its for you!" She offers it to Kassandra.

.
Silk will take and use the potion, with the effects at least helping her icon. Unclear what it does for her ailing headache back home. "Ah, a bow. That would have been handy earlier." She laughs a little and takes the weapon, looking it over.

Gloves: +5 to combat spells (In game only, sucker!)

Bow: Far shot. The sniper rifle of Bows. (In Game only, sucker!)

Slinger grins and accepts the gloves, eyeing them. What do they do? Not that he's probably going to be returning to the game, anytime soon — the Matrix usually gives him a headache, even with a 'trode net. Though this Ultraviolet host so far seems to be leaving his brain working well. Another drag of carcinogens.

Slinger grabs the gloves and grins, glancing at the gloves before he dons them. "Woot!" is all the elf can say, and then he grins. "Too bad the GM isn't here for his assfucking," the youth remarks, taking a long drag of his cigarette. A cigarette looks badass held in the runic gloves, he thinks, at least from the way he's posing. "So where are your friends? Gonna head back and wave that head in their faces until they punk?"

"Thats the plan!" Says the girl, grabbing the head and swinging it around like a toy. "I GOT THE HEAD! I GOT THE HEAD…"

Silk hms, twanging the bow before putting it in the overly large bag that contains all her worldly possessions. "Ms. Brightflower, it was a pleasure to be of assistance to you. It was actually very fun, and I am glad that you got to win." She rises painfully, the healing potion not enough to raise her all the way up. "I am going home."

«OOC» Johny says, "We can wrap with another round of poses. :) I'm gonna have sam put his pay to the base; cause well, I need more cash directed that way. Slinger's pay is some security permits from the draco… Kass, Cash, check or charge?"
«OOC» Kassandra needs permits from Draco, I think.
«OOC» Johny nods. I'll submit this tomorrow or the next day, so @mail me the specifics of what you bothw ant, permit wise. I think slingers getting a r4 sin+permits, which is like, 36k(*2) in payout for him..
«OOC» Slinger noddles. Something like that. Magical security permits primarily, and if they can roll in my Medium Security Armor somehow that'd be swell :)
I need permits attached to my legal sin for my Synaptic Accelerator and Muscle Toner. Not sure how much it costs, probably the same as a security permit (10,000), if not the military permit (50,000). both of which are covered by the doubled payout. Anything left over I'll take as cash, please. :)
«OOC» Slinger says, "Kelvin Steele… and make me youngish :) I can pass for it."
SHARF!
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License