Aqua Shaman Astral Force

GM: Walker
Players: Conchita, Walker
Synopsis: Walker (GM) and Conchita went on an astral quest: the former to gain insight into a thesis formula he is about to design (R4) and the latter for insight into the Clean Water spell (R5). After a lengthy underwater oddyssey involving cliff-diving, shark wrestling and dolphin playtime the pair emerge victorious with their newfound knowledge.
Date: 18th April 2080


«Plot» Walker says, "All right, log is on. For the record, Walker is undertaking a R4 AQ for insight into the production of a thesis for his next initiation ordeal. Do I remember correctly Conhita is doing and R5 for spell insight on Clean Water?"
«Plot» Conchita says, "Yep. Clean Water Insight Rating 5."
«Time» The current IC time is: Thu Apr 16 12:37:46 2080
The adept and the shaman have gathered again to delve into the metaplanes in search of knowledge. Walker arrives at the Soup Kitchen after the lunch crowd has mostly dissipated and makes his way to the back where he knocks on the door to Conchita's quarters.

======================> GM Note #8 for Walker (#12094) <=======================
Date/Time: Wed Jul 24 11:54:30 2019
Posted By: Missy (#11459)
Subject: F4 Increase Reflexes Tattoo
------> Text of GM Note <------

Walker has completed a plot that resulted in his totem, the Adversary, granting him a Tattoo that
acts as Increase Reflexes F4. The tattoo has 4 successes for casting and 6 for drain.


Conchita receives the man, already prepared for their mystical journey. She seems to have been in the steam house, as her skin is still heated and she has opted to wear her 'shaman outfit' toady. The same kind of clothes he has seen on her on the astral plane the last time, just in the flesh. Probably a bit odd in Denver, as her tribe has been living in the tropic parts of Aztlan. She smiles as she lets him in. "Ready for a magic journey?", she asks the man.

For a moment, just a moment, Walker looks taken aback by this greeting. He blinks a couple of times at the 'real' version of the outfit before he recovers his focus and smiles wryly. "Always," he replies, pausing for a moment before adding jokingly, "Casual day again?"

Conchita tilts her head, then shakes it. "No, this is actually formal garb in my line of business. I /am/ the leading shaman of my tribe, even if I am not with my tribe these days, thanks to my dad." She smiles, then leads the man through the living area and into her lodge. The bed trap door clearly an ironic thing for Walker. So … old school.

Walker seems to consider this with more attention than usual.

"Y'know," he muses as he follows her, "I know quite a bit about the American shamanic traditions, but not a lot about those from elsewhere… be interesting to chew over some time."

As the pair enter the lodge proper, the elf rolls his shoulders and breathes deeply for a moment as the magic in his tattoo sharpens his mind in preparation for the journey.

«Plot» Walker says, "Before I forget, Walker needs to activate his tattoo, which means a roll for drain…"
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Willpower + 6 (bonus from tattoo) vs TN 3 for "Resisting 3D drain":
1 1 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 9 10 = 10 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "No drain, thanks dice!"

Conchita has prepared her bedding again and also added some for Walker, Kay waits in her young woman shape below, looking a lot like a younger sister of Chonchita. Both wait for Walker to get himself ready, as Chita lays down to start her breathing exercises.

Walker nods his thanks as he shrugs out of his coat and settles himself down. He gives Chita a nod before closing his eyes. His breathing begins to slow as his spirit drifts from his body…

He finds himself in darkness, ahead a path that seems to lead upwards towards a horizontal line of light. The elf pauses for a moment, glancing around in search of his companion.

Conchita let's go of her body a thing she had to learn rather than being able to do like most shamans. Then she switches into the darkness that is the path to the planes. She soon after Walker appears there beside the man, she is still in her stitched shaman clothes.

Giving Chita a nod as she appears, Walker begins walking towards the light.

On the astral, the elf mimics the traditional garb of his own tribe, tasseled leather trousers but nothing covering his chest. As he moves forwards, the darkness beneath his feet resolves into a grassy upwards slope, and what had seemed like a line of light becomes a sunrise on a horizon. Ahead, a figure wreathed in ragged robes watches the dawn from what is now obviously a cliff.

«Plot» Walker says, "Dweller! I shall require a secret, though if you wish you may include that in your own pose."
«Plot» Conchita says, "The dweller will doubt her being allowed to wear these clothes."
«Plot» Conchita says, "She is of the line of shamans, but was never officially elected by her predecessor, her grandmother, which was impossible as the old lady died before she awakened. And her awakening was accompanied by her fathers cult hunting her down."

The figure senses the pair approach, and a visage concealed by a cowl turns to regard them. From within the shadows an old woman's voice cries, "You dare come here wearing that garb? You are no worthy of them than he would be!" The figure nods briefly to Walker for emphasis. "Better to turn back now than lose yourself here, child. Only a true shaman may tread these paths."

«Plot» Walker says, "Chita's test will be sorcery skill. If you want to roll and pose your response I'll wait on that before I deal with Walker's dirty secrets."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Test with the dweller on the threshold.":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 3 Successes
Conchita stands calmly before the woman in that robe, "You are not the one to decide that.", she then says as calm as her looks, "It would also help if you would not reveal the same 'secrets' to all the people accompanying me. It's almost getting boring to deny you on /that/ accusation. I /am/ my grandmothers heir and you know that quite well."

The figure sniffs. "And you!" the figure rounds on Walker, who actually stops in his tracks.

"Scared are we?" it continues mockingly, "Not come looking for your totem this time? Afraid that he would be less friendly than the last? That he will sear your skin and rend your flesh anew? Perhaps leave that pretty face a little less comely next time?"

«Plot» Walker's test will be Conjuring, the chosen subject of his thesis.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Conjuring + Astral Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Passing the Dweller…":
1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Both Walker and Conchita gain a bonus KP for the quest."
Walker's hand seems to leap to the markings on his chest involuntarily. For a moment he stands there frozen before his eyes narrow and he clenches his fist.

"I'm not here for him now because I don't need him now, spirit." he growls, "and if he wants to hurt me again, he'll do it again. Not a lot I can do about that. Now let us by, we have work to do."

The figure sniffs again and is silent for a moment before breaking out in peals of crazed laughter. "My, my!" it crows, "A girl playing shaman and a dead man walking! Off with you then!" As it talks, the figure fades awaway like mist in the morning sun, the piercing cackling hanging in the air.

In the silence that follows, Walker moves closer to the cliff and peeks over at the sea below. "Down then?" he asks, turning back to Conchita.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 1 (to no one) for "1st place":
4
Conchita moves closer as well, "You can levitate?", she then asks as she looks down as well. "Assuming it /does/ work in this part of the planes."

«Plot» Walker says, "Fun fact: first place is the place of fear and this seems highly appropriate. Willpower to resist D stun please."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Willpower + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4D stun, KP1/12":
1 1 1 1 2 2 4 4 10 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Willpower + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 1 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4D stun, KP2/12":
1 4 4 5 8 16 = 5 Successes
«Plot» Walker soaks.

Walker shrugs. "I mean… I can," he begins uncertainly, "but this feels like a test to me…" With that, the shaman takes a deep breath and runs towards the cliff, executing a creditable dive from the ledge towards the water below.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Willpower + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Resisting Fear? Do you hear me fear? I laugh in your face! Haha!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 8 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Willpower + Astral Pool: 7 - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resisting Fear? Do you hear me fear? I laugh in your face! Haha! (KP:1/29+1)":
2 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "Soaked."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "2nd place":
2 7

Conchita shakes at the man as he jumps. She waits a second, watching the waves crash against the cliff, then jumps as the waves start to accumulate against the rock formation again, diving in as the water is deepest (or so she hopes).

With a splash, Conchita strikes the water and dives under to see Walker a small distance away paddling underwater, wrestling with a shadowy figure. A movement below her draws here eye to find another emerging from the thick seaweed coating the sea floor and moving towards her.

As it draws closer, she can make out features eerily similar to her own, but with distinctly inhuman aspects. Gills sprout from the sides of the creature's neck and it's mouth is filled with razor sharp teeth.

«Plot» Walker says, "Place of Destiny! Master your merfolk double! Magic to resist S Stun."
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Magic + Astral Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S Stun":
1 1 2 2 2 2 4 5 9 10 11 = 5 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "With trauma damper soaking up the L Stun that remains, Walker soaks."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Magic + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "A merfolk me? Interesting…":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 10 = 8 Successes

Conchita uses both spells and adept powers, her inherent magic to fight the attacker. She is not sure how she thinks about this aquatic self. But then, she has been in the planes often enough to not be shocked by something as that anymore.

The struggle between Walker and his doppelganger seems more drawn out than Conchita's, with the air bubbling from the elf's mouth as his copy finally stops struggling. For a moment, he looks panicked, flailing as if to swim to the surface, before both of the creatures disappear into a swirl of bubbles that surround and merge with the two shamans.

In the calm that follows, Walker glances around and takes a deep breath of seawater. A stunned expression crosses his face as he spins to face Conchita.

"I can breathe!" he shouts, before clapping a hand to his mouth. A thought pops into Conchita's head: that mastering their mer-selves has granted the pair their powers.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "3rd place":
1 3

Conchita nods, "I had almost thought that the planes would provide us with a way to breathe underwater. I would have preferred not to have to fight for it, though.", she then says to the man. Being more physically inclined to begin with she seems to be easily able to simply accept this new 'power'.

A cloud of bubbles escapes as Walker laughs at this, holding his sides while he floats in a loop. "Hey, I'm just happy we haven't drowned yet," he confesses in a relieved tone, "I swear I felt that water go into my lungs."

Around them, the cliffs seem to have receded, leaving the pair drifting between the brilliant sunrise at the surface and the rich greens of the sea floor. Rays of light drift lazily across the underwater vista, giving the view a suitably magical quality.

"So," the elf asks off-handedly as he stares around, "Up or down?"

Conchita shrugs, then asks back, "Being able to breathe water? Down of course." She laughs softly, "And hope there is no megalodons in this plane." She winks.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Intelligence vs TN 7 for "'What's a megalodon?' just for fun…":
2 4 4 5 5 11 = 1 Success

As his companion descends, Walker blinks a couple of times. "I swear I don't know why you have to tempt fate like that!" he calls as he follows her. "Bad enough that I have to jump off a cliff after getting verbally abused by someone I'm guessing was your granny, because I certainly didn't recognise that voice, and then have to drown myself, or rather…"

For a little while, the shaman grumbles on.

Suddenly though, his grousing falls silent. "Did you see that?" he asks urgently, head tilted back up.

Far above the pair, a dark shadow flits across the sun.

Conchita grins amusedly, "Maybe there /is/ Megalodons here…", she then says almost too cheerfully. "Might be interesting. I have never fought in the water." She winks at him as she tries to use her ultrasound-sense. She knows that out in the air it works, might be interesting to see if it works under water.

«Plot» Walker says, "Chita has ultrasound vision and the voice to go with it? :D"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) has the Adept Power Ultrasound Vision
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) has the Adept Power Ultrasound Voice

Shortly after Conchita projects her ultrasonic voice out into the sea, a barrage of information assails her senses. Boosted by the watery environment, it's like her ultrasonic sense can reach ten times further than normal. The fronds of the kelp far below are 'visible' in perfect detail, as is Walker's body a short distance off. More pertinent however, are the pair of sleek, finned shapes cutting through the water like missiles towards the pair.

As they come closer, the dead black eyes and row upon row of teeth become visible to normal eyes.

"Sometimes I dislike you," Walker quips acidly as the smaller shark bears down on him, "Flattering outfit or not."

Conchita laughs at that, "Well, I am what I am…", she then says as she prepares to fight.

«Plot» Walker says, "Place of spirits! Initiatives please. :D"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Initiative with a result of 17.
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 1 for "Chita's playmate (+14)":
9
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 1 for "Walker's chum (+13)":
5

«Plot» Walker says, "Big spirit, little spirit, Chita, Walker"
«Plot» Walker says, "Both sharks will attempt to Engulf. I mean, obviously."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 5 (F5 Sea Spirit Quickness) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "OMNOMNOM! Attempting to munch the mouse!":
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 9 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 5 (F5 Sea Spirit Quickness) + Combat Pool: 5 - 3 vs TN 4 for "OMNOMNOM! Attempting to munch the mouse! KP1/5":
2 2 2 2 4 5 11 = 3 Successes

«Plot» Walker says, "Jaws stands on 6 successes, Chita gets her counter."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Spell Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Counterattacking":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Spell Pool: 5 - 2 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Counterattacking (KP:4/29+1)":
1 1 1 2 5 5 10 13 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Spell Pool: 5 - 6 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Counterattacking (KP:6/29+1)":
1 4 5 9 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "Three net successes the spirit has to resist 6M killing hands."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 7 (F5 Sea Spirit Body) + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "Oof!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 7 (F5 Sea Spirit Body) + Combat Pool: 2 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Oof! KP2/5":
3 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success

«Plot» Walker says, "Jaws will take a light wound."

«Plot» Walker says, "Jaws Jr. tries to take a bite outta Walker!"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F4 Sea Spirit Quickness) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "The blond hair makes them tastier…":
2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F4 Sea Spirit Quickness) + Combat Pool: 4 - 2 vs TN 4 for "The blond hair makes them tastier… KP1/4":
2 2 2 3 4 7 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Baby shark stands on 4."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Aikido vs TN 4 for "Counter, using Full Defense and Evasion":
1 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Dodge test":
3 3 5 17 = 4 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Walker dodges, Chita's action. I shall pose the shark's failure."

The shark spirits close on the shaman's with terrifying speed, but both mages seem ready for them. Chita almost seems to float around the spirit's jaws, landing a nasty blow on the creature's flank that leaves a small trail of blood in the water.

Meanwhile, Walker falls back from his assailant, pivoting around the monster with each hand on a fin and swinging himself to temporary safety.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Karma Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Attacking the shark from the rear (KP:11/29+1)":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Karma Pool: 5 - 2 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Attacking the shark from the rear (KP:12/29+1)":
1 2 4 4 5 7 7 17 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "stand"
«Plot» Conchita says, "Killing hands again."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F5 Sea Spirit Reaction) vs TN 5 for "TN+1 for a light wound. No CP left, this ain't gonna be pretty…":
1 3 4 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F5 Sea Spirit Reaction) - 1 vs TN 5 for "TN+1 for a light wound. No CP left, this ain't gonna be pretty… KP3/5":
3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F5 Sea Spirit Reaction) - 1 vs TN 5 for "TN+1 for a light wound. No CP left, this ain't gonna be pretty… KP5/5":
2 3 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Walker says, "6 net, so… 6D?"
«Plot» Conchita says, "Yes"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 7 (F5 Sea Spirit Body) vs TN 6 for "Yup, not pretty":
3 3 4 5 5 7 10 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Takes a serious wound, is on 7 boxes damage."

The shark passing her offers another chance for the latina to hammer her magically charged hands into the critter. Blood starts to well up strongly as the hand disappears deeply into the beast. Chita holding onto the shark like that.

«Plot» Walker attempts to banish his the small fry…

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Conjuring vs TN 4 for "Banishing F4 spirit":
1 3 5 5 5 8 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (Spirit Force) vs TN 8 for "Resisting banishment":
1 2 2 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (Spirit Force) - 1 vs TN 8 for "Resisting banishment KP2/4":
1 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (Spirit Force) - 1 vs TN 8 for "Resisting banishment KP4/4":
2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Spirit shrinks to F1, Walker locks it in a banishing struggle."

«Plot» Walker says, "Jaws uses his movement to retreat while using Confusion on Chita. Success tests are now at TN+5. Spirits are a pain kids."
«Plot» Walker says, "Chita's action next, as Baby Shark is locked in banishing struggles with Walker."
«Plot» Conchita says, "Hmmm… no willpower test to see if chita can act?"
«Plot» Walker says, "Worth doing, I always thought that part of the power was weirdly worded though."
«Plot» Conchita says, "Nah… you roll against each other and if the spirit wins you are just staring blankly into the void."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Willpower + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "resisting the sharks confusion so I can act.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 7 8 9 14 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) has the Attribute Willpower with the value '6'.
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "This will go well…":
1 3 5 13 16 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Walker says, "Really? My version just has a straight up test for the victim to see if they can act, no opposed roll…"
«Plot» Conchita says, "Really? Maybe I remember it wrongly."
«Plot» Walker says, "Matters not, our asses are covered."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira vs TN 9 for "Base 4 + 5(confusion)":
1 1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes

Wounded and flailing, the larger spirit breaks off it's attack and tries to flee. As it retreats, the blood in the water, swirls around Chita, its magic clouding her senses and fogging her mind.

Walker meanwhile, eyes flaring gold, has locked his own spirit in place. As the elf focuses on the creature it begins to shrink, from a seven-foot giant to a juvenile barely longer than Walker's arm.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira vs TN 9 for "Base 4 + 5(confusion) (KP:13/29+1)":
1 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira vs TN 9 for "Base 4 + 5(confusion) (KP:15/29+1)":
3 3 5 7 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira - 1 (success) vs TN 9 for "Base 4 + 5(confusion) (KP:118/29+1)":
1 2 2 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "Stand"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F5 Sea Spirit Reaction) vs TN 7 for "TN+3 for a serious wound. No more KP.":
1 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "6L this time?"
«Plot» Conchita nods

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 7 (F5 Sea Spirit Body) vs TN 6 for "Attempting to soak.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 7 = 1 Success
«Plot» Walker says, "Jaws is on 8 boxes."
«Plot» Walker says, "New round I believe, as Walker didn't get a second pass and Baby Shark can't act right now."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Initiative with a result of 24.
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 1 for "Jaws(+14-3)":
5
«Plot» Walker says, "Baby Shark don't matter, so Chita, Jaws, Walker."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9 for "More slapping with killing hands L":
1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 8 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9 for "More slapping with killing hands L (KP:19/29+1)":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 9 for "More slapping with killing hands L (KP:21/29+1)":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 9 10 14 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "Stand"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 4 (F5 Sea Spirit Reaction) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 7 for "TN+3 for a serious wound. No more KP.":
2 2 2 3 3 4 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 7 (F5 Sea Spirit Body) + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 6 for "Attempting to soak 6M":
1 2 2 3 3 7 8 9 11 13 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Walker says, "So this is getting a bit protracted, but realistically I don't think Jaws can do anything other than stall at this point. Any attempt to harm you will quickly result in his annihilation so I'm tempted to rule that you driving him off like this qualifies as passing the place and that we follow him to the next one. You think that'll fly?"
«Plot» Conchita says, "The wording in the rules is to 'overcome' the spirit, not to kill it."
«Plot» Walker nods. "Excellent point. Let's go with that then."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Conjuring vs TN 2 for "Finishing off banishment…":
2 2 4 5 9 10 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Walker says, "Baby Shark can't resist that. I shall get posing."

Somehow, the larger shark shrugs off Chita's continued onslaught, a thick cloud of blood still pumping out of a vicious wound in its flank. With a shake of its head it seems to recover it senses for long enough to produce a pulse of mana which sends it shooting off into the watery blackness below the pair, its own blood leaving a crimson trail in it's wake.

Walker meanwhile, has the smaller spirit locked in his astral grip. With a satisfied smirk the shaman mutters, "Smile you son of a bitch," and clenches his fist. The shruken spirit freezes in place for an instant before imploding, leaving nothing but a cloud of bubbles behind.

The elf turns to face his companion. "You all right? That one seemed like a tough fragger."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "4th place":
8 9
Conchita sighs, "Yeah… that took quite a bit out of me. I really hope we do not have to go too far to the citadel from here…" Her smile certainly has gone. Seh actually seems a bit concerned about the things to come from here. But for now she slowly swims over to Walker.

Gazing uneasily for a while at the blood left behind by the wounded shark, Walker eventually turns back to Conchita, "You think we follow? Or strike out on our own?" he asks.

Around the pair, beams of sunlight seem to penetrate the depths more than they did before, illuminating more of the greens and golds of the sea floor that teems with life.

Conchita ponders that, then notes the light, "Let's follow the light. If we are supposed to meet this shark again, then we shall… if not … I seriously prefer to walk in the light. It is shady enough down here."

As the pair begin to follow the light into the depths, Walker takes one final glance behind him at the dissipating clouds of blood. When the sunlight catches them, they seem to glitter like a constellation of rubies.

Deeper and deeper the pair swim, until the sea floor comes into better view. Towering strands of kelp stretch towards the morning sun at the surface, while a carpet of coral in every hue coats the rocks scattered around. Between them, endless stretches of white-gold sand form odd geometric shapes that catch the eye strangely.

In amongst all of this are aquatic creatures of every kind. Mostly the fauna ignores the shamans, apart from a pod of small dolphins that sport around them in crazed excitement.

«Play!» comes the repeated demand, seemingly straight into the mages heads. «Play! Not get visitors down here!»

«Plot» Walker says, "Place of Charisma! Social skill of your choice to entertain or get useful information from the little dolphins. Or scare them off if you're that way inclined."
«Plot» Walker consults his notes… "Resisting M Stun."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Etiquette + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Using proper dolphin etiquette to charm the dolphins. M Stun to resist":
1 2 2 2 3 3 4 7 10 10 10 = 4 Successes

Conchita seems to have no problem to relate to the dolphins she simply adapts to their swimming patterns and starts to playfully swim around with them in what she deems, and clearly is the appropriate way to deal with the playful sea mamals.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Etiquette + Astral Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4M Stun. Being nice and all. THEY'RE SO CUTE! =3":
2 3 4 4 5 5 10 = 5 Successes

Taking his cue from his companion, Walker smiles and plays with the dolphins. The creatures swim delightedly around the pair for some time, clearly ecstatic at the attention they're getting.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "5th place":
5 5

Suddenly however, a number of larger dolphins flash by, not projecting thoughts like the smaller ones, just an emotional impression of terror. «Bad water! Bad water!» is all the pair of shamans glean from their playmates as they chase off after the rest of the pod.

From the direction they came from, a cloud of blackness creeps across the sea floor. Kelp it touches turns to grasping, spiked tendrils, and any creature unable to escape the spreading corruption becomes twisted and vicious. The shamans are quickly overrun, but left untouched by whatever malaise taints everything else.

In the silence that follows its passing, hundreds of crimson eyes glare at the pair, skittering forward to tear them to pieces.

«Plot» Walker says, "Place of Battle, resist S using a melee combat skill of your choice. Fight off the tainted horde!"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Resisting 5S":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Astral Pool: 7 - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resisting 5S (KP:22/29+1)":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 11 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Capoeira + Astral Pool: 7 - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resisting 5S (KP:24/29+1)":
1 1 1 2 2 4 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Conchita says, "Soaked."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Aikido + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S KP4/12":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Aikido + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 2 - 2 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S KP5/12":
1 2 2 2 3 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Aikido + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 2 - 4 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S KP7/12":
1 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Walker soaks.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "6th place":
1 5

Conchita gets defensive at once, the swarm of red eyed beasts getting kicked and slapped with surprising fervor, the young latina frowning as she time and time hits into slippery flesh, her magic helpfull there, the wounded beasts, seriously damaged by her killing hands quickly removed to bones as the swarm takes the queue to stay away from the latina.

Walker, not as experienced in physical combat as the adept, has a much harder time fighting off the swarm. An expression of furious concentration forms on his face as one tainted creature comes at him. Aside from a couple of minor grazes however, the elf comes through unharmed, managing to clear a space around himself long enough to get into position back to back with Conchita. Around the pair, a seemingly endless tide of the twisted shapes masses, waiting only for the sheer force of numbers needed to overwhelm them.

"Any bright ideas?" Walker asks over his shoulder, eyes darting around wildly.

Conchita ponders things, "I could maybe use my ultrasound cries to call for help, or possibly drive them off… But otherwise? Take a stand and hope for the best.", she murmurs, slowly feeling her luck run through her fingers as the quest drags on.

Suddenly, something clicks in Conchita's mind. She came here in search of insight into cleansing waters, and she might never get a better opportunity to test her ideas than here, where the laws of magic are more 'fluid.

«Plot» Walker says, "This is the place of magic. Sorcery is the answer to your problems. Resisting S stun."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Resisting S stun by using cleansing magic":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 7 - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resisting S stun by using cleansing magic (KP: 25/29+1)":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 7 - 3 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Resisting S stun by using cleansing magic (KP: 27/29+1)":
1 2 2 4 4 5 5 7 11 14 = 5 Successes
«Plot» Conchita says, "Chita soaked"

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 1 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S stun KP8/12":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 9 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Sorcery + Astral Pool: 3 + Karma Pool: 1 - 3 vs TN 4 for "Resisting 4S stun KP9/12":
1 1 1 2 4 4 5 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Walker soaks too.

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls 2 (to no one) for "7th place":
1 2
Conchita following her inspiration Chita starts to summon magic in a similar way that helps her to clean Air and Earth in the physical plane. Managing to create a larde area of clean water at the front around her, driving off the swarm of dark creatures who clearly do not like this clean water. She mutters, "You know… I sometimes wonder if I should mouth out like I did to the Guardian… I am not sure if the shark was not his revenge to talk him down… But then … that is how I am … defiant. Ever since my awakening…"

"Hope for the best has never been my favourite plan," Walker mutters grimly, "but considering…" He trails off as he feels Chita begin to manipulate magic.

Catching on, he adds his power to hers, pushing the purified zone out and out.

As the corruption recedes, the kelp and coral return to normal, leaving their surroundings pristine, if a little empty.

In response to Chita's comment he shrugs. "With the Dweller? Who can say? None of us can help the way we are. I'm sure I've given it more back-talk than not when we've met, so you're not the only one.

In the calm after the struggle, Conchita is left with the magic that had seemed so obvious before slipping through her fingers. There must be one more piece to this puzzle…

Conchita nods to the man and has a look around to investigate the area around them. Scrutinizing the area to see what the planes throw at them next.

As Chita looks around, Walker continues, "I'm not really one for pearls of wisdom any how. So long as we get through this…" As the elf continues to talk, Conchita's eye is drawn to a large clam shell resting half buried in the sand after the struggle. A little way off, another lies tipped on its side. Soon she can see dozens of places where a metaphysical 'pearl' might be hiding, if only she could figure out where…

Conchita swims closer to have a look at these things, wondering about the pearls and the clams, "Hmmm… you think this is relevant?", she then asks the man.

Walker scans around the deserted vista that surrounds them. "Nothing else coming I can see," he muses, "Might as well hunt around."

The clams seem sealed tight, presumably a reaction to the contamination that almost consumed them. Here and there, little puffs of sand pop from the ground as tiny creatures resurface into the new calm.

«Plot» Walker says, "Last one, Place of Knowledge. Anything that'd let you find hidden treasure as
a knowskill is good here… Wilderness Survival springs to mind, but if you could justify using it
to find what you're after I'd allow it. Resisting M damage."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Talismongering + Astral Pool: 7 vs TN 5 for "Looking for something … special.":
2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[1729]» Conchita (#1601) rolls Talismongering + Astral Pool: 7 - 2 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Looking for something … special. (KP:28/29+1)":
1 1 4 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Plot» Conchita says, "Chita stands with L stun."
«Plot» Walker says, "L physical, not that it matters especially."

«Auto-Judge[1729]» Walker (#12094) rolls Wilderness Survival + Astral Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "Here, fishy fishy…":
1 1 2 4 4 4 8 8 17 = 6 Successes

Conchita nods and allows herself to float slightly above the ground as she reaches out to grab a pearl that caught her attention the clam starts to close quickly, the latina still getting a scrape on her skin, "Ouch…", she mutters as she examines the 'treasure' she aquired.

As Chita uncurls her fingers, a fine trail of her own blood rising through the water, the treasure she retrieved is revealed. Instead of a pearl, she finds a single tooth, seemingly from a very large shark, shaped from pearl.

Meanwhile, Walker lets out a triumphant cry as he levers up a rock to release a cloud of small fish in all the colours of the rainbow.

"So many…" he mouthes quietly as he stares in wonderment.

«Plot» Walker says, "All done! All places visited, the treasure is yours. A very unobtrusive Citadel today it seems. ;)"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License