A Lawyers Letter
GM: Weeko
Players: Chameleon, Dream
Synopsis: Chameleon and Dream were hired to get a letter out of a Lawyers office on a dark and rainy night in Denver
Date: 28th Juli 2069

A rainy day in Denver it not often like htis her, but when it is…damn you will remember it. The clouds started a downpour an hour ago and still it's raining like some evil spirits are dropping whole bucketloads down on anyone foolish enough to leave shelter. Still the call got out to meet J in this abandoned Warehouse in CAS so you have to get there. Rain or no rain.

Rain or no rain indeed. Dream actually quite likes the rain. It is a rare and enjoyable experience, though it does ensure that she looks a bit odd. Having left off rather early for the meet, she arrives soaking wet, with the water pouring down her features, and having plastered her hair to her head. At least the heavy jacket she wore hasn't soaked right the way through, and underneath it all, she's rather dry. The fact remains, she -looks- like a total mess, and she doesn't really seem… to care.

Chameleon stuffs his travelling wardrobe into the trunk of his little sports car and heads out. Before pulling out of the parking lot he flips the photvoltaics over to a 'junker' pattern not found on most cars with this system, and takes the time to alter his own appearance to match. Jumpsuit, medium tone skin, dark hair, and what looks alot like grease under the fingernails. Cover established, the man of a thousand faces drives to the warehouse and parks on the side of the road. He locks the car and walks inside.

The place is tidy, empty but unusually clean for an unused and abandoned warehouse, no holes in the roof, no smashed windows. In fact inside this place does look /quite/ like any warehouse which is well taken care off. In the middle of al of this a table has been placed, the same now surrrounded by a coule of chairs. In one of those a large Troll is sitting. Dressed in a fine suit he doesn't really look like he belongs here. the only light in the room illuminating the troll the table and the chair, the rest is kept in utter darkeness for the unarmed eye.

Dream certainly wasn't expecting absolute darkness, and it is a little frustrating. But, doing her best to hide her mild annoyance at that, she walks over to the troll, and gives a short nod. "I'm Dream." She states, entirely calmly. After all. Presumably, he was the one who was employing her, and he'd know to expect her.

Chameleon kicks in infravision and gives the place a quick check for hostiles before approaching. Once satisfied that he knows what's what he walks up to the Troll and stands silently until acknowledged.

The troll nods first to Dream, replying, "Shure you are.", his voice a comforting base. Next he nods to Chameleon and with a gesture offers both to take seat on one of the tables chairs.

Dream settles herself down in the offered chair, and takes a long look at Chameleon. Not because she didn't trust the man, but because she was having difficulty making out all the details. A friendly smile and a nod are tossed his way as well, but, she doesn't want to do all the talking, she just wanted to know what the job was, really, and figured she'd find out when everyone was here.

Chameleon returns Dream's nod and takes the proffered seat. "Call me chameleon."

Chameleon pages: Are we alone in the warehouse?
You paged Chameleon with 'No. there is several heat signatures around in the darkness. seem to be mostly covered though, so hard to tell what it is.'.

Chameleon adds, as he glances around the room, "Perhaps your friends would like to step out into the light."

The troll nods, "Miss, Sir. I am thankfull you have been able to come here. My name is Nikodemus. My master gave me a little task. unfortunately that includes activities that i would prefer not to be traced back to my master. Which is where you come into play.", the guy speaks with a distinct english accent. "Well, right now I would require a little envelope that sits in a drawer in a certain office. I was wondering if the two of you might be willing to retrieve it for me?"

Dream gives a little nod to Chameleon. "Good to meet you." She replies, before looking back at the troll, and folding her hands into her lap. "Well. I'm willing. I might even be able. But I'll need to know a bit more about the details, first. Like payment, and where the office is situated."

Chameleon raises one eyebrow and rather pointedly glances around the perimeter of the room. "I tend to prefer to know who is listening to my business. Security is your right, however I don't enjoy being surrounded, so if your friends aren't interested in stepping into the light I'm afraid I'll have to wish Ms. Dream good luck and take my leave. I'm sure you understand."

Nikodemus nods, "I shure understand.", he claps into his hands and soon a group of men in night camo appears silently out of the darkness, lining themselves warily up behind the troll. "Well, Mr Chameleon. If you want to have a look aorund to be shure are all the other gentlemen present, feel free. I had to place these men, to ashure no gang scum would distrub this little meeting. Still, if you feel disturbed, we shurely can live without this precaution for a little while."

Dream looks just a little bit less comfortable when the group of men come out of the darkness. She had expected there to be a few, but, somehow, having them come into clear view made it all that much more… menacing. She shuts up instantly, the look she gives Chameleon says it all; what now?

Chameleon pages: That all of 'em?
You paged Chameleon with 'perception?'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Intelligence (to Weeko):
1 1 1 3 9
Chameleon pages: Note that I now have vision mag 2 as well.
You paged Chameleon with 'yep, looks like it.'.

Chameleon pages: Motion sense pick anything up?
You paged Chameleon with 'perception roll for it?'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Intelligence (to Weeko):
1 1 2 5 9

Chameleon pages: If it moves and it's within 18 ft of me, I know it's there. :)
You paged Chameleon with 'You cannot feel anyone around. Except the people you can see.'.

Chameleon scans the perimeter again, verifying Nikodemus' claims then nods. "Seems to be clear enough. Your men are welcome to retreat into the shadows if you prefer. As I said, security is your right." with a soft sigh he adds "Please understand that I consider my own security to be paramount. That said, I am willing to discuss the job."

The troll nods, "Well, gentlemen, it seems you are allowed to return to your posts.", he says to the men. "Then turning to the runners he says, "Well…details…" He looks at the two runners. "There is a little office owned to McAllister and Cartings. Two blocks away from here. A small lawyer office dealing in british-UCAS business connections. They have an envelope adressed to one Sir Alister Reicheister in the Lawyers desk. I know, I have seen it. I need it." He points out the place on an old paper-map that is spread out on the table. "How you get it, or what you need to do for it is your matter. I'd prefer not to read of murder in that context, but that's just this humble trolls notion."
"I do not need to tell you, that the envelope need to stay untouched…closed as it lies in there.", he adds. "Do I?"

Chameleon nods and examines the map for a moment before commenting. "It is an envelope, adressed. I assume there is a time limit of sorts, correct?"

Dream smiles slightly, "Hopefully, that won't be necessary." She agrees, glad that the men have returned to their positions, and that Chameleon seemed calm enough. "The main thing I would want to know, is how much we'll be getting for the recovery, and what security measures are in place, if you know about them." The woman doesn't bat an eyelid at the comment about the contents of the envelope. Just smiling.

Nikodemus nods, "Well, we have no intelligence on the security measures. I had a short look around, but i was under constant vigillant watch at that time.", he says. "Assuming from what I was able to see, you're facing no more than a guard, some maglocks and maybe some additional security in the lawyers office. But I was not able to find out what. I am willing to part with 40K for this, to make it worth the added risk of lacking informations."

Chameleon asks "And about the potential time limit?"

Dream hrms, and looks back at Chameleon, "Yeah… in that case, the time limit is more important."
"Tonight. The letter will be sent tomorrow. Which I cannot allow to happen. if I had more time I'd honestly been looking for more experienced freelancers. As it is I had to take the available persons. No offense, it's just a fact.", is the reply.

Chameleon shrugs and nods, "I understand. When time is of issue you have to take what you can get. Rest assured, the envelope will not be sent. Now, that was an offer of forty thousand apiece, correct? With minimal information, unknown internal security, and a description of the envelope, I believe thatis sufficient."

Dream laughs! The young mexican actually looks amused. "Right. Right. Yeah, sure, it's fine. We'll just have to deal."

The troll raises an eyebrow. "No, sir. It actually was 40K flat. If you cannot work at this rate, I obviously have to look for other freelancers."

Chameleon smirks, "I can accept twenty, but just as you are honest about your desire for better known freelancers I will be honest with you. I am putting my life on the line, as is Dream. You must expect that we will try and extract the best possible price, yes?"

Nikodemus nods, "I understand too well. I was once sitting on your side of the table…"

Chameleon nods, "That would explain a bit. The envelope will not be mailed sir." he glances at the map again and adds "If there is nothing more you can give us by way of information perhaps we should establish where and when the enevelope needs to be delivered and then be on our way. You wouldn't want to be associated with us if something went wrong, I'm sure."

Dream smiles softly, "Well. It'll take me about ten minutes to determine if they've got any real…" There's a moments hesitation, "Magical defenses in there. If they have, well, we'll have to work together a lot more closely. If not… it shouldn't be too difficult to get your letter." She looks to Chameleon, and smirks. "Assuming you can get us in the building, of course."

The Troll considers the mans words, "That would be most unfortunate, as I am well known to be my masters servant. I'd suggest the following deal. you give me the number of an account you want your compensation paid to, I'll transfer half of it as a token of goodwill and the rest gets transfered once you finish your job successfully."

Chameleon answers Dream's inquiry with a confident smile then turns to Nikodemus and nods, "And in exchange we are given an address to deliver the envelope to, correct?"

"Exactly.", comes the reply.

Dream just lapses into silence again. Letting the more experienced runner- as far as she was concerned- deal with the particulars.

Chameleon nods and produces a slip of paper apparently from nowhere which he slides across the table to Nikodemus saying "The deposit for my share should be made to this numbered accont." his fingers rest on the slip of paper for a moment before withdrawing, and he looks to Dream with an expectant expression.

Dream has to fumble with a pocsec for a few moments, to get the right number up. She mutters something to herself, in spanish, about hating these things, before she finally gets the right account number, and sets the little machine back down on the table, so that the note can be made.

Nikodemus nods, takes the account numbers, then takes out his own pocket secretary and works for a short while with it. Then he looks up, "If you would check your accounts…to be shure. We have an agrement? The transfer is still pending."

Chameleon produces a pocket secretary and taps at a few keys before nodding. "I am satisfied." is his only comment. He then proceeds to wait for finalization and the delivery address.

Dream takes hers back, and nods. "We've got a deal. If we don't manage it, of course, uh, I guess I'll send the money back. Not that I expect it to be a problem… hopefully."

The troll shrugs, "I personnally expect you to succeed. I would be very dissatisfied if you didn't." The adress is delivered on a little nondescript piece of paper.
The transfer completes a second after that.

Chameleon slides the scrap of paper with the address over to Dream, scanning it quickly himself, then enters the information into a datafile on his pocket secretary as he responds. "I see no difficulty in this mission that can't be overcome."

After that the troll rises and after a short bow first to Dream, then to Chameleon he turns and disappears into the darkness. "Good luck on your missin then…", can be heard from the darkness.

Dream smiles brightly, "Alright then!" She declares, looking to her partner for the time being. "If you wouldn't mind, I think the most sensible thing to do is send a small thought form ahead of us to check for any mages they may have under their employ… they might complicate matters significantly."

Chameleon nods slowly and replies, "Actually, I think the best decision we could make at this moment is to find somewhere else to establish a plan. If nothing else it means there is less that our employer or his security personnel can reveal, yes?"

Dream hesitates for a moment, looking honestly confused. "You think that they would?" She asks, incredulous. "But… if you insist, do you have somewhere in mind?"

Chameleon shrugs, "As you add people to the list of those who know a plan, the risk of exposure increases exponentially. Even something as simple as discussing the plan in my car would be an improvement." he gives you a questioning look and asks "If you don't mind?"

Dream nods, easily. "Sure, I don't mind." She says, "Really, it's as easy to work from a car as it is anywhere else."

Chameleon nods and leads the way to his 'junker' parked down the street. Inside it's nothing remotely like a junker, extra controls and a beautifully maintained interior give the lie to the exterior appearance.

Dream arches a brow as she settles into the car. "You aren't exactly what you seem." She states. "I guessed from the name, but. That's good. I'm going to be relying on you to get us past the mundane obstacles, I imagine."

Chameleon smiles and lets his face return to normal, melting slightly and reshaping. After a moment out of a horro flick he replies "I believe I can help with the mundane obstacles, yes."

Dream's eyebrow raises at Chameleon's face melting. But. She remains surprisingly calm for such an impressive effect. "Good." She decides, after a moments thought. "I suppose we should get the basics out of the way, then. I'm Dream, I'm good at changing minds."

Chameleon nods, "Chameleon, infiltration specialist." with a smile he adds "I think we will compliment each other rather nicely. As you saw, I can change my appearance. In addition I have some skill at close combat, should that be an issue."

Dream nods slowly, "That's good. If you can handle the close combat, I should be able to handle anyone with a gun." She flashes a smile, "So long as I don't get shot first, of course."

Chameleon nods. "I don't think close combat will be a problem. As a side note, should it become necessary for some reason, I am not limited to physically striking a target, nor is there any need for the effects of such a strike to be felt immediately."

Dream gives a short nod. "It's a pretty simple job, at least. I can send something ahead to check for… potential complications. At least of the supernatural variety. I'm mostly concerned about dealing with any alarms or similar that we may trip…"

Chameleon shakes his head. "I should be able to deal with any alarms, security systems, and locks we may encounter. Please do allow me to take the lead though. I should be able to detect any pressure activated alarms without actually tripping them."

Dream smiles brightly, "No problem there at all. You are the one who knows what he's doing. I can deal with the human element, most likely, but the automated elements… I'll leave to you."

Chameleon smiles. "That sounds like a perfect distribution of labor."

«OOC» Weeko says, "Conjuring vs power level"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Conjuring vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 5 7 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Charisma vs TN 6:
1 3 3 3 = 0 Successes

Dream gives a slight nod to Chameleon. "Alright. So it's settled!" She declares, knitting her brow, she lapses into silence for a few moments, and, after a moment, there's a little trickle of blood from her nose, and she winces. A small orb about the size of a ghostly basketball appears in her lap, however, and she exhales. "I hate that." She confesses, before she looks down to the ghostly thing. "Right. Drive us up outside the offices, please? I don't want it to mess up."

Chameleon flips a few controls on his dashboard, adjusting coloration and plates to something far more acceptable in a business district. A dark blue sports car suitable for a mid level member of a law office pulls away from the alley that the rusted out junker pulled into previously. A few minutes later the car pulls up outside the law offices and parks on the street.

Dream looks down at the orb in her lap. "Go inside that building." She says, pointing. "Go into each room once. Come back out the moment you see someone who is magically active, or come back out and tell me there is nobody who fits that description inside. Understand?"

The ball of energy, lacking visible facial structures, bobs in acknowledgement, then hovers off.

«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "Base time for getting rid of my headache.":
1 2 3 4 4 8 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Dream says, "12 minutes."

Chameleon sits patiently with hands in his lap as he waits for more information. With a glance at the trickle of blood he asks "Are you going to be ok?"

Dream produces a handkerchief and mops it up, looking just a touch annoyed with herself. "I'll be fine." She says, sighing softly, "Give me ten minutes or so… honestly, it'll take us that long before it gets back. It isn't particularly bright, but it should do the job."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Heavy rain, right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Very, add lighting and thunder too. Occasionally."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Time of day/Light levels?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Night, dark, really dark. The clouds blot out all light stares or moon might cast and the rain dampens the cities lights additionally. thermos don't like rain…it equalizes all."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Hmm… what's the security in the area look like? Cameras on every wall? A few? None? Guards on patrol? Stationary? Non-existent?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "this area is about B rated so occasioanl cameras posted at some strategical places. Decent Police presence but mostly just patrols passing by once an hour or so. (The guys stay in their cars in this weather if they can)"

Chameleon drums his fingers on the steering wheel for a few moments in contemplation. "I could make an effort to get a bird's eye view of the target building. I'm not entirely certain what value it would have, but with time to spare sitting idle seems a waste of time, yes?"

The Watcher is back very soon, bobbing excitedly, "Spirit" Hearth Spirit!", it exclaims through an invisible mouth.

Dream laughs softly, "Yeah, it might be worth it." She admits, rubbing at her temples lightly. And then the Watcher returns, and she groans. "Fantastic. Did I mention that I hate spirits?" She smiles, and absently pats the Watcher. "Good job, though." She looks to Chameleon. "If they've got a spirit on call, they are more security conscious than I'd hoped. We'll have to be on guard." And then, back to the Watcher. "Where was it?"

The Watcher seems to consider that for a while then replies, "Inside!", bobbing enthusiastically.

Chameleon slips off his hardliners and proceeds to slip on what appears to be a glove with an attached wrist and forearm brace. "Comm freek is xxx.xx.xxxxx. I will be back in a few moments."

Dream looks at the Watcher for a few long moments, and then pats it again. Some part of her knew she had nobody but herself to blame. Obviously, Watcher's were made from the part of the subconscious that you let take over when you get /horribly/ drunk. "Alright. I'll just stay here, and try and prepare myself for the spirit."

Chameleon pauses before exiting and slips into the back seat. After a few moments of what may well be a world class demonstration of the contortionists art he manages to change from suit to tight fitting black jumpsuit with pads at the joints.

Chameleon dropped Entry gear.

[ Shadowrun Denver ]
Contents of Entry gear (#5733)
Item Qty IC Location Description
1 1 Small rolled case Lockpick kit
2 1 Small rolled case Wire clippers
3 1 Small rolled case Tool laser
4 1 Small rolled case Mini electronics toolkit
5 4 Emergency kit Mini-respirator
6 5 Emergency kit 1 L. Blud-B-Gone (non-commercial)
7 10 Emergency kit Plasteel restraints
8 1 Climbing kit Gecko tape gear
9 5 Climbing kit Stealth Grapple-line (100m)
10 1 Climbing kit Catalyst stick
11 1 Climbing kit Ascent/Descent kit
12 1 Worn on belt Snap-tight holster
13 1 In snaptight Silenced Cerberus
14 1 Cased High Power Binoculars
15 1 Worn Wrist mounted grapple gun
16 1 Worn DH Balaclava
17 1 Worn Micro-transceiver Rtg 6
17 Items Listed
Type '+vinfo #5733/<item>' for full information about an item.
Items marked with * have stats. Type '+sheet #5733:<item>' to view.
Type '+help voucher' for help on the voucher system
«Auto-Judge[]» Voucher Authenticity Verified
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Can you make the spirit think you aren't there Dream?"
«OOC» Dream says, "I don't think they are effected by Control Thoughts or the like."
«OOC» Dream says, "And as a Psionic I can't banish them."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Depends entirely on what walls are available Weeks. :) I'd like to start off by looking for a building that'll give me a good LOS from the roof."
«OOC» Dream says, "I'll have to hope my Thought Form ganks it. :P"
«OOC» Weeko says, "At the office?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Yep. Vision mag 2 should be able to get me a decent look through the windows."

«OOC» Weeko says, "At the current weather you'd have to sit on the offices windowsill to have a look."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ok, so plan B. Climb the target building. :)"

Dream is pretty impressed with how fast Chameleon manages to swap gear, though of course… she doesn't say a word as he does so, or look back. Really. That would just be bad form. "We're going to need to take out the spirit. I can probably deal with that, but of course, the conjurer will know that it is down. I -can- try to send the Watcher in to look for him, but, he might not be in the building- I wouldn't be- and…" She smiles slightly, and pats the orb again. "Well. The poor thing might just get confused looking. We could be waiting for a long time."

Chameleon slips back into the front seat and considers. "What would a hearth spirit be used for precisely? Is it the sort of spirit that would report an intruder or to attack said intruders?"

Dream shrugs slightly, "It's hard to say. Possibly both, there isn't any way I can think of to get around it without someone being aware that we are in there from the moment it goes down."

"Are they intelligent enough to identify an employee?" he asks, drumming his fingers on the wheel for a moment.
Dream sighs softly, "That I couldn't tell you without seeing it. Some are, some aren't. It could be tiny and an alarm, or huge and a menace. Honestly, all my Watcher is good for is telling us that we need to be ready to deal with it." She looks down at the orb. "You have no idea how strong it is in relation to you, right?" She asks, honestly not expecting a useful answer… it is, after all, her on a very bad saturday night.

The orb of energy bobs happily, "Uhhh…as strong as, maybe bit stronger…"

Chameleon looks to Dream with an upraised eyebrow and waits for clarification.

Dream smiles slightly, "That means it'll probably kick our asses if we aren't really careful. Not just an alarm. Probably."

Dream adds, helpfully. "Did I mention that I hate dealing with spirits? Really, it depends on the delus— ah, the whims of the conjurer, there's very little you can tell about them even if you are looking it right in the eye."

Chameleon leans back in his seat and breathes deep for a few moments before replying. "Can your… thing… tell us where it is? Perhaps we can go around it."

Dream shakes her head, "No, I tried that. I doubt it even remembers the layout, now. Or how many rooms there are. There's three options, really. You can go in through the roof with a Thought Form of my own as backup, which may or may not be a match. We can both go in and hope I can deal with it, or I can try and bring a Thought Form to bear and -not- give myself a migraine at the same time, though I'd be surprised it that works."

"What, precisely, is a 'thought form'? Some sort of astral projection?"

Dream looks mildly irritable, shaking her head slightly. "It's a kind of pure spirit. I don't deal in other types."

Chameleon nods. "It can fight the spirits, should that be necessary, yes?"

Dream hesitates for a moment. "It could." She says, "But if the hearth spirit is markedly stronger, it might lose. I suppose I could probably manage a low power spirit without risking more than another headache."

"Is this thought form more intelligent than this entity you previously used for recon? Or is it simply a repetition of the same capabilities?" he pauses, then notes "I may have an idea, but more information is needed before it's fully formed. Please forgive the twenty questions."

Dream shakes her hand vaguely, "It's smarter, certainly. The major difficulty would be, as I say, if it is to be much stronger than the orb, then I will likely be staying in the car, and if it is not, then it likely will not be able to counteract the hearth spirit, and there is still the chance that I could overstrain myself."

Chameleon says "This is my thinking… you stay in the car." he gestures towards the dark tinted windows as he explains. "No one should be able to see inside, and I don't expect any trouble from security or police. Your thought form first enters to locate the spirit, and the conjuror if possible. If it appears we may be able to avoid the spirit, we do so. If not, then the form accompanies me into the building and deals with magical threats while I take care of physical infiltration and acquisition of the envelope. Keep a communications system on hand, in case you awaken here in the car and are no longer able to escort on the magical side." he takes a deep breath and looks at you, asking "Is that acceptable?"

Dream nods slowly, "Alright, I think we can give that a shot. This is not going to be easy, however, as I will err on the side of caution, in case the hearth spirit spots my Thought Form and reacts aggressively. You need to be ready to get in as quickly as you can and go for the package if something goes wrong. Is that alright?"

«OOC» Weeko says, "The ofice you need to take care of has jus one floor."
«OOC» Weeko says, " the one you want to is on third floor."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "How many floors to the building?"
«OOC» Weeko says, " 5"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I'm assuming it's locked up for the night?"
«OOC» Weeko nods
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Shatterproof windows and such, right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "If you tell me how you can tell that?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "What's the standard for the Location and era? If /all/ business offices have shatterproof windows as a standard, then chances are this one does. If they're uncommon, I can try to gather more data."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Basically most windows in office buidlings of this category are pretty secure. Meaning you can assume reinforced glasses."
«OOC» Weeko says, "If you want more details produce appropriate skills."
«OOC» Dream says, "I'm guessing megacorporate security would specifically refer to /megacorp/ facilities?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "These are no megacorps."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Third tier at best."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I've got Security procedures, which may include materials used to secure a building, and Architecture, which might allow me to determine reinforcement based on how a window is installed. Either of those work?"
«OOC» Dream nods. :P
«OOC» Weeko says, "I'd say architecture."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Seems a pretty standard question, but the rain might be quite a hindrance to see details, so … TN6"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Architecture vs TN 6:
1 2 2 3 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Karma"
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Architecture vs TN 6 for "KP 3/4":
1 2 3 3 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Even vision mag ain't gonna help with /that/… damn."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Not really…"

Chameleon stares at the building for a moment as though trying to just see through the walls. Finally he grunts and says "Give me a moment, I'd like to see if there is an entrance other than the front door."

Dream nods, "Certainly."

Chameleon slips out of the vehicle and heads for the side of the building away from the street.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Sneaking, of course. Any problems I should be aware of between me and where I want to be?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Stealth:
1 1 1 1 3 4 4 7 8 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Stealth for "Karma 2/4":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5

«OOC» Weeko says, "Other than the heavy rain?"
«OOC» Dream says, "Then again. Heavy rain should help you out."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Heavy rain is about the ONLY thing that's gonna help me from the look of it. My dice sure as hell aren't."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Guards, cameras, that kinda thing."
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 5 (seurity) vs TN 9 (to Julian) for "Seeing Chameleon sneak around? Base Tn 5 +4 fro weather conditions":
1 1 3 3 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "Perception?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Intelligence:
2 2 3 11 16

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Huh… finally they realize I need them. :)"
«OOC» Weeko says, "3 entrances, each has a camera watching the door. Three cameras mounted higher up having a rough look around the bulding (pretty useless with the heavy rain)"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Does that include the main entrance or is it in addition to?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "That includes the main entrance"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "If I'm understanding correctly, there should be a fourth wall with neither an exit nor a camera, correct?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Not fully. One of the three higher up cameras is on that fourth wall. Those are mounted at the 'off-sides' The front side with the main entrance has no high up mounted but double cameras at the entrance."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I don't suppose there's some magical effect keeping the walls perfectly dry despite the pouring rain is there? :)"
«OOC» Weeko says, "No."
«OOC» Chameleon grins. "Gecko tape doesn't work in the rain."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Does it look like I can dodge the camera on the wall with no door?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Well, it a big wall and a small camera."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Should be possible. If you find the right angle."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Right. Gonna try going up that wall to the roof, attempting to dodge the camera. Need a roll to find the right angle to stay out of it's arc? Possibly architecture again?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yep"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "So architecture for the angle, stealth for the sneak, and athletics for the climb. Right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Securtiy systems would be the correct skill, but I guess you can use architecture."
«OOC» Weeko says, "And yes, sounds about right."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Meh, I've got electronics spec'd to security systems if you'd rather."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Sounds good."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Arch comp?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Security procedures:
2 4 4 10
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Huh…"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Umm… yeah. I keep getting "cannot find stat matching security systems""

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) has the Active Skill Specialization Electronics (Security systems) with the value '5'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems):
2 3 4 5 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Architecture for "Comp if allowed":
2 3 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Stealth:
1 3 3 3 5 5 5 8 11 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics:
1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 10
«OOC» Weeko says, "You do free climbing?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I've got the gear for assisted, but yeah, with atheletics 10 I imagine he can handle free climbing. :)"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Prolly best if he uses the gear in this weather though."
Chameleon dropped Entry gear.
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Items 11 and 15 seem most relevent."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Well, with grapple gun, I'd need a pistol roll before climbing."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ugh… ok. TN?"

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Full dark, Heavy rain, natural thermo (as opposed to cyber), TN +2. One sec and I can dig up range."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Range 20 meters, should be at long. I think I have to default though. Someone decided a grapple gun was fired with ranged weapons."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Ah…strange."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Gm call at this point. You want to go with pistols or ranged weapons?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "I personally would call it a pistol. So go by pistol."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ok, Long range with vision mag 2 is close for base TN 4. +2 mod for full dark and heavy rain with 'natural' thermo. Total TN 6."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ironically."
«OOC» Dream crosses her fingers.

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Pistols vs TN 6 for "Vision mag 2, +2 mod for heavy rain and full dark with natural thermo.":
5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Pistols vs TN 6 for "Vision mag 2, +2 mod for heavy rain and full dark with natural thermo. KP 1/4":
4 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Dream says, "So close >_</"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Not your day…"

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Don't s'pose GM would like to call that "It snagged on something less than ideal but useable" would she? :)"
«OOC» Dream says, "So is a straight 10 on the athletics not enough to climb?"
«OOC» Chameleon was kinda wondering that too, actually.
«OOC» Weeko says, "ever read the climbing rules?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Once, amid much distraction."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I forgot to throw in supernatural balance, for what that's worth."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) has the Adept Power Supernatural Balance with the following information:
---------------------> Adept Power for Chameleon (#3977) <---------------------
Power Name: Supernatural Balance
Category: Perception
Power Points: 0.25
Installed: Yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«OOC» Weeko says, "You face a TN 14 here. Without rain"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "No offense, but can I get a reference on that one?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Compendium p. 46"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Don't have the compendium. Got companion, core and a slew of unrelated books."

«OOC» Dream doesn't have the compendium either. "I think we lose this one, then."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "So I'm not getting up the wall."
«OOC» Weeko says, "What you face here is a glassfront office building. All steel and glass. Almost no place to latch to, with your gecko I'd just say walk up, but I had the notion to have it rain…sorry, guys."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Heh, sokay. It makes for atmosphere."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Just don't get cranky when it means I take longer finding a way inside."
«OOC» Dream says, "Well, the thing that worries me is, if you failed, then there's a good chance you slipped into the cameras field of view, no?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "From the look of it I need to crack the lock on one of the ground floor entrances and walk in. Unless the GM will allow another try?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Aced the security check, and the failure was in getting the grapnel into place. At most it would be a fast falling dark shape among millions of fast falling dark shapes."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "GM call. Another try with the hook or am I grounded?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Try."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Pistols vs TN 6:
1 1 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Pistols vs TN 6 for "KP 0/4":
4 11 = 1 Success

«OOC» Weeko says, "Oh wow…that was a close call."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "That's… funny. Try to avoid a botch and get the complete hit. :)"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Keep the stealth and security rolls or re-roll those?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Okay it gets stuck so you are secured…that dropy our climbing roll by 10 to 6"
«OOC» Chameleon laughs. "Gotta love the grapnel."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "New rolls or go with previous for the rest?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "So you go up (qui + str)/ 8 meters…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) has the Attribute Strength with the value '6'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) has the Attribute Quickness with the value '5'.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "And another roll I take it."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I /am/ using traceless walk, just as an FYI. No footieprints and no triggering vibration sensors."

«OOC» Weeko says, "Takes 3 minutes + 1 meter per success. so meters up"
«OOC» Weeko says, "2 meters…"

«OOC» Dream says, "On the plus side, by the time you get up there, I won't be stunned any more. xP"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "3 story building, approx 30 feet, approx 3 ft/m. 6 ft, 1/5 of the way up."
«OOC» Weeko says, "about, yes."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ok, just tell me if I need all three rolls or just the climbing and I'll knock the rolls out for you."

«OOC» Weeko says, "So I say I spare you further stealth rolls but do some athletics."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN 6 -2 for supernatural balance, so TN 4. Right?"

«OOC» Weeko says, "+2 for 2 meters up, now though."
«OOC» Chameleon blinks. "That going to be a cumulative mod?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Only up to +4 all in all…"
«OOC» Weeko says, "After you cross 4 meters."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "K. So next roll TN 6, after that TN 8 and static at 8."
«OOC» Weeko nods

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics vs TN 6 for "+2 for 2 meters up, -2 for supernatural balance, -10 for climbing a rope.":
1 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics vs TN 8 for "+4 for 4 meters up, -2 for supernatural balance, -10 for climbing a rope.":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 9 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics vs TN 8 for "+4 for 6 meters up, -2 for supernatural balance, -10 for climbing a rope.":
1 2 2 3 4 4 5 10 11 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics vs TN 8 for "+4 for 8 meters up, -2 for supernatural balance, -10 for climbing a rope.":
1 1 2 2 2 5 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Athletics vs TN 8 for "+4 for 10 meters up, -2 for supernatural balance, -10 for climbing a rope.":
1 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "You're up"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Oh thank you…"
«OOC» Chameleon had visions of splattered lizard.

«OOC» Weeko says, "You had a harness?"
«OOC» Chameleon nods.
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Full ascent/descent kit."
«OOC» Weeko says, "You're right dream you're fully recovered."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Well, no danger to fall then…unless you didn't secure yourself…"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Which I assumed…especially as you yourself pointed the gear out."

Chameleon slips around the side of the building stealthy as a mouse, and picks out the security camera before making an attempt to get the grapnel to catch. It takes a few tries, but eventually it snags something relatively solid. From then on it's effectively the same as walking up the side of a building… well, that's what it is, but it's still simple. He takes a few minutes getting up the side and rolls himself over the lip, then reels the cable back in to avoid detection.

A typical flat office roof, Coolers for the Air-condition, Chimeys, a large satellite dish and other neccessary devices are placed up here. A metal door with an mag-lock secures the end of the stairs, another the elevator engine room.

Having achieved his goal, chameleon spots the engine room and gets an idea. He steps over to the door to the elevator engine room and examines hte lock for a moment.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Taking a look at the lock on the elevator engine room door."
«OOC» Weeko says, "What are you looking for? It's a maglock…"

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Checking for alarms, etc. that might be wired to the door."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Got an idea. I'm going to try to drop the elevator to the bottom and shut down the engine, keeping it in place, then take the stairs down."

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Alright. Do you want me to send the Thought Form?"

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "They move fast, right?"

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Yes."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Wait for my signal. If the elevator is locked in at the bottom security is slower if you trip it."

«OOC» Weeko says, "electronics"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Security systems?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yes"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Open"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Micro vision."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems) for "+2 for micro vision":
1 2 2 3 9

«OOC» Weeko says, "It is wired, yes. Relatively simple lock though."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN and skill to disable? Presumably electronics b/r (security systems)."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yes and TN 4"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics B/R (Security systems) vs TN 2 for "TN 4 -2 or micro vision":
1 1 2 2 4 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Now for the lock. Same roll?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "You opened the lock now unlocking, and yes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics B/R (Security systems) vs TN 2 for "TN 4 -2 or micro vision":
1 2 3 3 11 = 4 Successes

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Pose it?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Just well, would normally have been electronics without B/R but with that roll you can easily default."

Chameleon takes a moment to inspect the lock and finds an alarm wired into the circuit. With a smug smile he proceeds to disable the alarm and then moves on to the lock. Within a minute the security system is his to command, and he slips inside, hugging the wall and keeping low in the hopes of avoiding any cameras inside the room.

Clean, well kept but oviously none too often visited. Its quite dusty. Some strong engine connecting to the cables that lift and lower the elevator of the building. Connected to it is the Slave node that controls it, a small computer with a display for manual control by the elevator technician.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "That's gonna be computers, ain't it?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "If you want to hack it, yes."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Does it have clear controls? "Up" "Down" etc?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "This is 2069? It got a display, that can show all of this…if activated."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I'm not being clear here, I think. Do I need to hack it to make it go to the bottom floor?"

«OOC» Weeko says, "That's one way to do it…You could of course simply meddle with the electronics. But then the system would shurely report a failure."
«OOC» Chameleon grins. "I LIKE the thing reporting a failure."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Maybe."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Making it go down requires a hack though. No accessible controls without the code."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "If you do not want an alert…yes."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Machines fail. That's life. Unless there's some FRT engineering squad, I don't imagine there'll be a response until start of business tomorrow, right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Roll security prcedures"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Security procedures:
1 5 14 15

«OOC» Dream laughs.
«OOC» Weeko says, "Well…they might not be on alert, but a thing failing shurely includes to have a look at it. Aka, a guard on it's way up."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Lovely. Definitely not the way things work today. Ok."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I guess I walk down the stairs."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Well…that door is locked too?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Same deal, I assume?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Check for an alarm, disable if there is one, pick the lock."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems) vs TN 4 for "Base 6 -2 for micro vision":
1 2 3 5 9 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "Alarm found."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Or rather, that would have been an open, so rolled 11 to spot an alarm."
«OOC» Weeko says, "TN 6"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics B/R (Security systems) vs TN 4 for "Base 6, -2 for micro vision, disabling alarm.":
2 3 4 5 5 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "And the lock."
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems) vs TN 4 for "Base 6-2 for micro vision. Picking the lock":
1 2 4 11 17 = 3 Successes

Chameleon spends a moment or two examining the lock and then proceeds to disable the alarm and pick the lock in short order. That's two doors bent to his will… possibly more gratifying if they weren't inanimate objects, but you can't win them all.

Stairs…finally warmth and it's dry. While Chameleon is dripping on the floor he can see a marble flight of stairs going down, the elevator door left of him.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Any cameras in here?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "No."

Chameleon slides back outside and crouches down with his back to the wall, trusting in dark clothing, rain, and dark of night to protect him from prying eyes as he reports in to Dream.

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "In position."

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Okay, you want me to send the Thought Form?"

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Affirmative"

«OOC» Dream says, "And now for my head to explode! XD"
«OOC» Dream says, "I'm going to hold back two dice from the conjuring test for soak, trying to get a force 6 Thought Form."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Conjuring - 2 vs TN 6 for "Summoning the Thought Form.":
1 2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Dream says, "Aaand KP."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Conjuring - 2 vs TN 6 for "Summoning the Thought Form. KP 1/1":
1 1 3 9 = 1 Success

«OOC» Chameleon says, "It's contagious."
«OOC» Dream says, "And now the soak."

«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Charisma + 2 vs TN 6 for "Soaking S Drain":
1 1 2 4 9 10 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Dream says, "So, I got it, but, M Drain. About what I expected, really."
«OOC» Dream says, "And it is good for one service."

There's a few seconds of concentration, and, just as she thought it would, it takes everything Dream has just to create the Thought Form. Which appears as a transparent, idealized version of herself. When it is done, however, she groans, and falls back in the car. Exhausted. She felt like her brain was trying to leak out of her ear. "Go and protect Chameleon from spirits." She mutters She does, however, speak into the radio, not actually -too- badly exhausted. Though she's definitely felt better.

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "I've sent it."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Will I see it?"

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "You should do. I think. Sorry, it's hard to … concentrate."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Rest."

The semi-transparent form of an idealized Dream arrives almost at once the distance being no hindrance at all for a being of pure energy. It hovers beside Chameleon like one of those angel images some christians might recognize, lacking wings though.

Chameleon slips inside the building and starts down the stairs, keeping an eye out for cameras and sensors as well as an ear out for sounds of movement. Elevators are death traps, so he's just going to have to deal with the presence of wet footprints and hope no one spots them before they dry.

«OOC» Weeko says, "Perception?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Naturally using thermo as well as natural vision."
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 4 5

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Lovely."
«OOC» Weeko says, "No cameras you can see"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Also using motion sense, just in case. 6 meter range, variable TN depending on size. Does detect invisibility."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Any interruptions before getting to the third floor?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "No"
«OOC» Weeko says, "The building is quite calm."
«OOC» Weeko says, "And quiet."

Chameleon makes his way down the stairs to the third floor and stops at the door to search for alarms and locks.

«OOC» Weeko says, "Well, you know the procedure."
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems):
3 8 10 16 17

«OOC» Weeko says, "Level 6 lock"

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Alarm?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yep, there is one."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "R6?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yep"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics (Security systems) vs TN 4 for "Base 6-2 microvision":
1 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Call that the lock? Sorry."
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Electronics B/R (Security systems) vs TN 4 for "Base 6-2 microvision":
4 5 11 16 17 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Geez. Alarm? What alarm?"

Chameleon takes a few seconds to disable the alarm then proceeds to pop the lock like the professional he is. Once done, he slides the door open a crack and slips a small hand mirror similar to a dental instrument through the crack to examine the hall.

«OOC» Weeko says, "A guard sits at an reception desc."
«OOC» Weeko says, "The guy is quite obviously no standard implement. He seems to take a probably non-allowed smoke break."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Clarify?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "He sits on the secretaries chair, legs on the table and smokes."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Back to me or facing me?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Facing you, if not exactly."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Distance?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "About 8 meters"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "24 feet away?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "That's about right, yes."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Is the door in the middle of the hallway or at one end?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Middle"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Throwing my voice at the other end of the hall so that he has to walk past the door."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Okay…he walks off curious to see what's there, quite attentive. But quite obviously more affraid this might be his boss."

Chameleon waits until the guard has passed the door and rapidly steps out of the stairwell with a hammer hand strike to the back of the neck.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN is 4, right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Stealth, then reaction TN2 if you avoid detection."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Stealth:
1 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8 13
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Am I spotted?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 5 (guards int) for "What's there?":
1 3 4 5 5
«OOC» Weeko says, "No."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 1 4 5 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 7 (rea) vs TN 4 for "Surprise":
1 1 2 3 4 5 11 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "Well…seems neither of you has surprise"
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 2 (guards init) for "+7":
2 4

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Initiative with a result of 8.

«OOC» Weeko says, "guard at 13, chameleon at 8, guard at 3"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Excuse me? Two guards?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Two init passes."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Ah."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Focus strength as free action."

The guard walks out quite oblivious to the intruders presence, however right before Chameleon can attack him a mirrorimage on one of the glassdoors give the sneaky adept away. The guard turns, taking himself out of the chance of direct action but out of Chameleon direct attack, reach as well. Then the guard fumbles out it's gun and pointing at Chameleon it calls out, "Hands up, thief! That's my last warning!"

«OOC» Weeko says, "first pass done."
«OOC» Weeko says, "He's holding a simple action."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Which means I get shot if I make a move for him."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Throw my voice behind him yelling "Get down!""

«OOC» Weeko says, "Which means you get one move, then he gets his held action."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Roll sone deception/playacting or similar skill you have."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "How about magic? It's a magic power."

«OOC» Weeko says, "I know, still you need to be convincing and magic won't help you there."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "TN?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Hmmm 5"

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Acting vs TN 5:
5 5 = 2 Successes

As chameleon starts to raise his hands a loud voice calls out behind the guard, "Get down!" from less than a foot behind him.

Surprised, to the sudden development, from a quiet smoke in that office to facing an determinded runner… The voice seems to remind him of an colleagues and so he drops to the floor thinking his colleague might have seen something he missed.

«OOC» Weeko says, "That thing you spirit was level 6?"
«OOC» Dream says, "It is, yeah."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Snap kick to the head."
«OOC» Weeko says, "asking dream…"
«OOC» Weeko says, "okay, roll."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Tai Chi Ch'uan:
2 2 2 2 3 4

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Guard rolls TN 6 to avoid the kick, assuming the pose qualified as 'prone'"

While Chameleon is busy with that guard, Dream can feel her Mental contruct under attack, battling it out with a relative strong spirit.

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "What is going on in there, you still alive?"

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Guard spotted me."

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Hnnn. Well. My Thought Form found -a- spirit. Lets hope there's not more than one. And mine wins."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Here's hoping."

«OOC» Weeko says, "Combat skill or qui?"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Defender rolls combat skill."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Wait please"

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 5 (brawling) vs TN 6:
1 3 5 5 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "str?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) has the Attribute Strength with the value '6'.

«OOC» Chameleon says, "+1 for focus strength."

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (guards bod) vs TN 3 for "Resisting 6M":
2 3 4 5 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "On re-reading, he does get to use CP to dodge, and I should have remembered that I can too."
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (guards bod) - 3 vs TN 3 for "Resisting 6M (KP:1)":
5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Still soaked."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Okay, he still soaked, but no KP left now."

As the guard drops Chameleon's hands drop as well, providing balance for a neat snap kick to his chin. The kick connects with a solid impact, but unfortunately this guard has some troll blood apparently, as it doesn't even phase him.

While all this goes on Dream can feel her mental construct to massively loose energy.

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Drek. I think my Thought Form is losing. Get out of there if you can, we've blown it."

Oh, the guard does feel it, he groans, yet guards /are/ usually tough boys. this one pulls up his gun now, trying to shoot the guy hitting on him.

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (pistol) vs TN 4 for "Shooting at Chameleon":
2 3 4 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Dodge test":
2 5 5 5 = 3 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 2 (guards init) for "+7":
2 6 -> 15

Chameleon leans aside, letting the round slice past with the flat crack of a supersonic round then sink into a wall, spraying chips and dust into the air.

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.

«OOC» Weeko says, "He is first"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "New round? CP refreshes, right?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Yes"
«OOC» Chameleon nods.

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (pistol) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Shooting at Chameleon, more calmly now thus CP":
1 3 3 4 4 4 5 17 = 5 Successes

«OOC» Weeko says, "And he used his other simple action to get up…"
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Dodge, pleae?":
1 2 2 4 = 1 Success

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Shitski."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "What's he using?"
«OOC» Weeko says, "Predator standard issue."

Outside, meanwhile, Dream feels pretty bad, but in her current state, there wasn't much she could do to assist Chameleon, even if she could get inside. Her Thought Form had failed, and there was no point in her getting captured as well as him if everything really did go horribly wrong. So she simply gets out of the car, and starts to walk home. She had a long way to go, after all. She'd have to cancel the payment when she got in, too. Annoying. A bad migraine and all she had to show for it was, most likely, some sort of horrible cold from the rain.

You page to Dream, "Your spirit reports success. barely alive but the other spirit is down."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "9M. Ballistic armor 4, TN 5 to soak."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 5:
1 1 2 3 5 5 10 13 = 4 Successes

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Soaked."
«OOC» Weeko says, "Your turn, then."

Chameleon doesn't make a sound as the round impacts his armor, instead he snaps a sweeping circle kick just at ankle level intended to drop the guard to the ground.

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Huh. Scratch that. It must have gotten lucky. Unless there's any more, the spirit contingent is down."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Sweep maneuver. One sec to double check function."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Tai Chi Ch'uan vs TN 4:
1 1 3 5 10 10 = 3 Successes

«OOC» Chameleon says, "7M stun"
«OOC» Dream says, "S, you staged up. :)"
«OOC» Chameleon says, "True, forgot that."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Though it doesn't apply until we know what he's done."

«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (guards bod) vs TN 3 for "Resisting 7S no CP left for dodge, no KP left":
3 3 5 9 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Weeko says, "L"

«OOC» Dream says, "So, at least he'll be shooting at TN 5 to hit you back. Next round, you are better positioned to stack another blow. It's going to be close, buuuut. Don't count yourself out yet."
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (pistol) vs TN 6 for "Shooting at Chameleon no CP left no kp left":
2 3 4 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Body vs TN 5:
1 5 5 5 9 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Soaked."

«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Initiative with a result of 10.
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 4 (pistol) vs TN 7 for "Shooting at Chameleon no CP left no kp left +1 melee +1 recoil":
3 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Chameleon (#3977) rolls Body vs TN 5:
1 1 2 3 5 = 1 Success
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Crudski."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "I don't suppose he's using gel, is he?"
«Stats System» Invalid roll: Invalid tn "1-3 gel 4+ life ammo".
«Auto-Judge[]» Weeko (#1957) rolls 1 for "1-3 gel 4+ life ammo":
5
«OOC» Chameleon says, "Figures."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "M wound."
«OOC» Chameleon says, "+2 TN to my rolls, -2 Init."
«OOC» Dream says, "So, did you want to pause here, Weeko?"

Dream, after determining her spirit managed to do its job, pauses. Leaning against the car, half for support, and half because she's not certain if she should leave anyway, she decides to wait for a few minutes just to see if she gets an update from him. Five minutes couldn't hurt, could it?

«OOC» Weeko says, "Dream roll perception"

«Auto-Judge[]» Dream (#1488) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 3 4 4 5

You paged Dream with 'Smething seems to go down on the basement level, you just cannot say what. You hear shooting and other noises.'.

The guard sees you hurt and cries out "Will you stay still now, or do I need to shoot you?"

Chameleon sighs and drops to his knees, hands behind his head. "Alright, ye got me copper. Gimme th' cuffs already."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Getting arrested… gimme a minute."

«OOC» Chameleon says, "Note that comms are on a subvoc communicator, which means no need to move my lips or make noise."

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Huh. That gunfire in the basement was you, huh?"

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "On the third floor."

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Right. Well. Is there any reason for me to be hanging around out here? I can't get in, I think you are on your own from this point, omae."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "Nah. I should be able to handle this."

The guard seems to be quite happy now, "Well…if that's not a raise comming up…", he says carefully walking up to Chameleon after those last kicks being /quite/ wary. And carefull. It doesn't matter, though, as soon after the a large hulking shape of a troll appears on the stairs, face covered up by a thick balaclava, gun pointing at the guard. Some humans pass him by and enter the office. No words are exchanged but the guard does not move a bit, his smugness gone.

Commlink-Dream> Dream says, "Good luck. There's -something- happening in the basement, too. If you are lucky, you might be able to use that chaos to get out of there."

Commlink-Chameleon> Chameleon says, "I think… that… chaos might have just happened to me."

Chameleon looks at the troll and asks "What you here for? If we're in competition it's yours, if not I don't know nothing. Neh?"

Dream, having confirmed her course of action with Chameleon, begins to walk away. Whatever happened from this point? Wasn't truly any of her concern, as far as she was concerned, the job was a bust. Too many unknowns, really, for her to feel comfortable hanging around any more. Especially as it sounds like Chameleon may have just gotten his ass in the middle of a whole mess more trouble. Removing her radio from her ear, she drops that on the ground by the car, and grinds it under one shoe, before she sets off at as brisk a pace as she can with her ears ringing.

Soon after the men return, the troll does not say a word, he is just threatening the guard, though. And …. somehow that siluette seems familar. One of the humans disarms and confines the guard then then the entire troup just vanishes down the stairs one of the humans waving Chameleon to follow.

Chameleon falls into step with the troll, if nothing else they are armed and he isn't.

Once outside the strange intruders will enter an black nondescript armored van and disappear in it into the darkness.

AS you get home both of you get a message via mail or fixer that J is decently pleased with your performance revealing he basically needed you to test out securty and take out magic guards. That troll had been Nikodemus and the task was fullfilled as he used Plan B. Yet as you have not been able to do that fully on your own J will only pay you 15 K."

Dream shall test her luck and snootily point out that /she/ did /her/ part perfectly, please send the other 5k in a mail back.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License