(3) Nina R5 AQ - Cain R5 AQ

GM: Nina
Players: Cain, Nina
Synopsis:
Cain: Failed R5 AQ - Learn Manabolt
Nina: R5 AQ - Learn Diagnose
Date: 3/3/2076


------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now started.
This PrP Involves: Cain (player) / Nina (player / GM)
-----> Sun Feb 28 17:54:39 2076 <------

** GM Nina **
This plot may cause a rash, testicular itching, near-sightedness, maiming or even death. Do the players in this plot agree to these possibilities and also the posting of this RP log on Wiki?

«Plot» Nina says, "I consent."
«Plot» Cain says, "I consent!"

** GM Nina **
This plot is an AQ that Cain and Nina will be taking place in. They are to offer their preparations (weapon foci, guns, prepared and sustained spells) and other preparations now before projecting into the metaplanes to meet up with the Dweller.

Nina: Rating 5: Learn Diagnose
Cain: Rating 5: Learn Manabolt

** GM Nina **
Laying out outline +rolls here.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 1 for "Dweller roll":
3
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 2 for "1st place Destiny - What is next place?":
2 3

** GM Nina **
Shut up!!

** GM Nina **
Dweller
1st place: Destiny
2nd place: Citadel

«OOC» Cain says, "Amazing."
«OOC» Nina says, "Okay.. true dat"

Nina preps to have Morpheus and Trinity take turns watching her and Cain while they are on their astral quest. There in case they need to cast a Treat spell (if Nina or Cain or injured on the quest). Nina lets her business manager at Elyqisum fields know she's gonig to be on a business trip and unavailable and also informs the rest of the Magical group that she can Cain will be on an astral quest, bodies in the Conjuring room inside one of the conjuring circles inside the rooms F7 Ward.

Nina prepares:

  • F4 Increase Reflexes (+2D6 +init) - Sustaining Foci
  • F2 Fast
  • F2 Nutrition
  • Ceberus

+- Ulstrasound Sight

  • Smartglove
  • High-Powered Goggles

+- 50x Magnification
+- Low Light
+- Thermographic
+- Ultrasound
+- Smartlink-2

Nina eases down into the beanbag with a warm smile to Cain. She'd dressed in a football jersey, sweatpants and has her gear with her and on and gets comfy.

Its round two of the Astral Quests, and Cain is dressed in his usual running gear… Because you never know. Its useful to bring guns along! He settles in beside Nina, and relaxes against her. "Ready?"

Nina nods to Cain and offers him a kiss and then off they go….

** GM Nina **
Nina and Cain project from their bodies not into the astral plane, but directly into the metaplanes and find themselves in an utter black void. This is a hint of a mildew spell, mold, wrotten vegetation.. a damp feeling. The inky black sky above starts to lighten as parting clouds show a full moon in the sky above and then looking down again they find they are standing in an anxient cemetary in New Orleans. The city coven of witches are in a circle around them as an elderly woman steps forward (instantly understanding her to be the Dweller).

The ancient black woman steps forward with a cain, a long dress and layered old clothing, "You both have returned in less than a week. I fear we need to make this far more difficult on you now." She points to two ancient tombs in the cemetary that are covered with very heavy thick stone doors, "Please.. use your magic to remove these stone doors so we can proceed with your quest."

—> Megakinesis required, TN 5 (rating of AQ), # of successes / 2 = +1 KP for AQ, roll drain for spell as normal.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "F6 Megakensis TN 5, KP: 0/35":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 6 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 5 for "5D Drain, need 8, KP: 0/35":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 10 11 11 = 9 Successes

** GM Nina **
Nina success, 2 successes, no drain
Nina: +1 KP for AQ

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 6 + 8 (Power Foci) vs TN 5 for " R3 Megakinesis":
1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 11 19 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Nina says, "showoff"
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 2 + 4 (Power Foci) vs TN 4 for " Need 8 successes":
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 5 5 5 9 10 15 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 2 + 4 (Power Foci) - 6 vs TN 4 for " Need 8 successes kp 1/13":
3 3 4 4 4 4 9 = 5 Successes

** GM Nina **
Cain success, 5 successes, no drain
Cain: +2 KP for AQ
Cain: KP: 1/13 -> 1/15

** GM Nina **
Pose successful casting and such.

Nina nods to the elderly lady, takes a look around at the other shamanic witch types of New Orleans and then concentrates her magic on the massive eight foot tall stone door and funnels the mana into two huge invisible hands that grip the edge and pull the door back with a creek of rusted hinges within.

Cain looks around curiously at the new area, but he does as asked. He swirls his hand to get the mercury in the ring moving, then gestures at the massive door, working his strength to force it to creak open.

«OOC» Nina says, "A secret?"
«OOC» Cain says, "I honestly have run out of meaningful secrets."
«OOC» Cain says, "Its at the point now they'd be corny and fake to make up"
«OOC» Nina says, "I'll make something up? >:?)"
«OOC» Cain says, "Sure :P"
«OOC» Nina says, "me also.. I made up a corney one for me."

«OOC» Nina says, "You don't have your REAL SIN set up yet?"
«OOC» Cain says, "Nope. The queues in."
«OOC» Nina says, "What's the name for it?"
«OOC» Cain says, "Anthony Meyer"

An elderly lady nods as she directs Nina to enter her door and Cain to enter his own. Nina frowns at this.. hating to be separated from her man. As Cain and Nina begin to depart the group of witches split in half, half to follow Nina within and half to follow Cain within.

The elderly lady offers to Nina before she enters the door, "I won't tell Cain that last night you faked your orgasim."

Nina's eyes widen in horor and she rushes in.. to her death or not she doesn't care, gotta be better than letting Cain see her face right now.

The elderly lady laughs and speaks to Cain before Nina is out of earshot, "So Cain.. you really think people will ever get accustom to calling you Oscar Meyer?" and she laughs loudly.

Cain blinks slightly when he comes into the room and overhears that quip towards Nina from the elderly woman. Yeah, he is looking after her with a raised brow, as he follows along. "I don't even know what that reference is." He says simply to the old lady, before moving after Nina.

** GM Nina **
Nina and Cain find themselves in identical room…. a large chamber with a black hole in the middle of stonework floor, the walls of stone and the ceiling of stone. There are torches lit on the walls to offer good lighting.

The large hole in the center of the room reaches about 5 meters across, half the size of the room itself.

On the opposite side of the room.. both Nina and Cain see their evil-selves standing with twisted grins.. ready to engage in a competition.

The group of six witches with each of them circle on the outer edges of the stone walls and in each case one of them steps forward a moment to explain the rules.

Nina/Cain… Something will be coming out of the hole soon.. it is up to you to determine how you wish to deal with the threat which will come at you. We will judge who does a more adequate job of it.. you.. or your alter-ego. If your alter-ego prevails.. you fail your quest.

** GM Nina **
Doing Cain first.

Cain nods his head simply to the instructions of the witches, and he moves forwards a bit towards the hole. A little grimace at alter-ego-Cain. "Well, at least I'm not killing you again. Must be a nice break for you, huh?"

Alter-Cain snears at real-Cain, "I've been practicing little man."

Cain has stepped up and alter-cain has not.. this puts him first in the process…. Cain can hear something clawing it's way up from the hole walls of black inky darkness below.. some big monster of some type with glowing red eyes and deep breathing can be heard coming upward.

«OOC» Cain says, "… physical barrier and just block it in the hole…?"
«OOC» Nina says, "Damn it.. that's what Nina was going to do. :) Yes.. do it"
«OOC» Nina says, "TN 5 though.. Rating of AQ"

«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focis) vs TN 5 for " Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole!":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focis) - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for " Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole! kp 2/15 reroll 1":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focis) - 8 (successes) vs TN 5 for " Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole! kp 5/15 reroll 2":
1 1 2 3 4 5 5 5 9 21 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Foci) vs TN 5 for " Soaking a S, 6 succs needed":
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 8 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Cain (#9240) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (Power Foci) - 4 vs TN 5 for " Soaking a S, 6 succs needed kp 6/15 reroll 1":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 9 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Cain stands on 13 successes.

** GM Nina **
Pose successful result at stopping big black beatle like turtle monster.

As the creature tries to rise up, Cain swirls his hand again. Its something he has been doing since getting the ring. He makes a gesture at the top of the hole, then a 'stop' motion. A /very/ sturdy wall is built, stopping the creature dead from emerging.

Alter-Cain scoffs, "Pft.. like that's all that hard."

The creature climbs back down into the darkness to get another run at the top of the hold.. probably coming after alter-Cain next.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (AC Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focus) vs TN 5 for "Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole!":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 9 9 11 14 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (AC Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focus) - 8 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole! KP: 1/15":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 10 11 = 3 Successes

** GM Nina **
Cain did 2 rerolls, copying his the same.. just like fixer negotition rolls.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (AC Sorcery) + Spell Pool: 3 + 8 (Focus) - 11 (successes) vs TN 5 for "Physical Barrier F6, blocking the hole! KP: 3/15":
1 4 4 4 5 5 8 = 3 Successes

Leaving in OOC discussion in case Staff wants to counter Nina's GM decision on this if she did it wrong.

«OOC» Nina says, "no!!!"
«OOC» Cain says, "I had no idea he gets my power foci."
«OOC» Nina says, "He's identical to you"
«OOC» Cain says, "Right, but being identical to me isn't being identical to my items."
«OOC» Cain says, "Last time I shot him with a gun he didn't have."
«OOC» Nina says, "Damn AQ's being unpredictable and all. Nina might fail also."

«OOC» Cain says, "He may not have beat me."
«OOC» Cain says, "If he takes damage from the soaking, then he didn't do it as good as I did."
«OOC» Nina says, "nice point."
«OOC» Nina says, "checking that now"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 7 (AC Willpower) + Spell Pool: 4 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 5 for "Soaking a S, 6 succs needed, KP: 3/15":
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 10 = 6 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "Dang him!"
«OOC» Cain says, "Oh well."
«OOC» Nina says, "At least it was a fast fail."
«OOC» Cain nod.
«OOC» Nina says, "Rather than 8 rooms and a fail."

The skittering turtle monster can be heard racing upward again… Alter-Cain weavs some magic for his own barrier and the turtle slams into it hard.. knocking himself out.

Alter-Cain laughs and crosses his arms over his chest and then head motions to the stairs back up to the stone doorway, "You can leave now little man."

Cain raises a brow slightly, and looks at his alter selfs hand. "Well hold on. How the hell does he get the power foci I just made, but he can't carry a gun?"

The elderly woman shakes her head, "I'm sorry.. you will have to go above and speak of such questions with the ancient one."

** GM Nina **
Over in Nina's chamber, Nina hillariously is thinking the same defensive technique with a physical barrier spell… maybe she will end up being bested by herself as well?

** GM Nina **
Same as Cain.. TN 5 (rating of the AQ)

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 5 for "F6 Physical Barrier, KP: 0/36":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (power foci) - 4 (successes) vs TN 5 for "F6 Physical Barrier, KP: 1/36":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 = 5 Successes
«Plot» Nina says, "Standing on 9 successes with 1 reroll"
«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "5S Drain, need 6, KP: 1/36":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 8 = 7 Successes

** GM Nina **
Nina Results: 9 successes, 1 reroll
No drain, no reroll

Nina's eyes widen at the sounds of the skittering clawed monster coming up.. she pulls in mana as best she can and forms a barrier lid over the hole that the turtle rushes upward and slams into solidly with a thud and then starts to slide back down for another attempt.

Alter-Nina scoffs, "Yeah right… any Grade 9 initiate could do that.. what this…" she brags.

The turtle races upward again.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (power foci) vs TN 5 for "F6 Physical Barrier, KP: 0/36":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 10 11 = 5 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "She's beating me by 1 so far.. here's her reroll."

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Sorcery + Spell Pool: 7 + 4 (power foci) - 5 (successes) vs TN 5 for "F6 Physical Barrier, KP: 1/36":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 8 8 11 17 = 5 Successes

«OOC» Nina says, "Bastard!"
«OOC» Nina says, "drain"

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls Willpower + Spell Pool: 3 vs TN 5 for "5S Drain, need 6, KP: 1/36":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 5 11 11 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Nina says, "doh"

Alter-Nina forms a fantastic physical barrier as well.. the turtle slams into it hard and is knocked unconcious and falls. But… Alter-Nina gets a bloddy nose and bloodshot eyes and starts to caugh up a small amount of blood from the magical backlash/drain.

Nina hmms, Alter-Nina sneers.

The six witches gather to debate quietly for a ruling.

** GM Nina **
Results:
Nina: 9 successes, 1 reroll
No drain, no reroll

Alter-Nina: 10 successes, 1 reroll
Moderate drain, no reroll


Nina: 9 successes, 1 reroll, no drain
Alter-Nina: 10 successes but (-)3 successes on drain.

Nina had a <net> 4 successes with the same dice.

The representative from Nina's group steps forward and explains their decision, finishing with motioning to Alter-Nina to depart up the stairs and leave them as they answer questions and train Nina on the secrets of the Diagnose spell.

** GM Nina **
Correction.. Alter-Nina had a net (-)2 successes. +1 on spell, but -3 on drain.

«Auto-Judge[]» Nina (#6503) rolls 5 for "Hours AQ takes":
2 3 3 4 5

** GM Nina **
AQ took: 17 hours

«OOC» Nina says, "Want to Arque with the Dweller in the log?"
«OOC» Cain says, "Nah."
------> Nina's PrP <-------
Nina's Plot Log has now stopped.
-----> Sun Feb 28 18:57:17 2076 <------

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License