Log: Corporate Blast From The Past
GM: Knox
Players:Dr. Thane aka Doc Steel
Synopsis: A mid-level exec at Shiawase Corp looking to climb the company ladder comes across a backwater database about a former employee of interest, Mordin Thane. He follows up on it and hires a group of shadowrunners to capture Dr. Thane, they locate him at a local haunt. Things don’t go as planned.
Date: November 20th, 2070 approx. 4PM

Somewhere in the bowels of Shiawase Corporation's Denver office, Roland Tomasai, an athletic man in his early 30's of Latin heritage is eating an apple. He's eating an apple while pouring over the contents of a large file located on the back servers of Shiawase's "J" Priorities folders. He reads information on one Mordin Thane, and in another window on his trid unit on replay is a clear security video of the Doctor in a firefight with a group of shadowrunners.

Roland Tomasai leans back in his personalized office chair in Analytic Marketing. He steeples his fingers and thinks, "This is something….." Mr. Tomasai hits his trideo unit, "Becca? Get me my little black book of "Consultants".

Dr. Thane
Mordin is a 1.8 meter tall man with pretty decent posture. He keeps his back strait and his shoulders back. His face is mostly hidden by a hood that he keeps pulled up over his head. What can bee seen in his face, is a rather nasty looking burn on the right side of his face and a lack of any hair on his head. His brow is creased in thought as a gloved hand idly strokes at the goatee on his chin. He caries himself with confidence, and seems to walk with purpose. His eyes seemed fierce and calculating, though on closer inspection, one may notice the ever so slight hint that they were artificial. All in all, he looked like nothing more then your average guy, if a bit unlucky.

Mordin is wearing a long black secure long coat with a hood attached to the neck. The hood is pulled up to help and obscure his face from casual onlookers. The Coat seems to have several pockets all over it, their contents a mystery to all but the wearer. The straps of a harness of some kind can barely be seen beneath the coat. Nothing really stood out about his clothing aside from the slight bulge on both of his forearms. He wears a Plain black three button Polo shirt beneath the coat, the buttons undone for comfort. His pants are nothing special, just a pair of fitted Khaki slacks that look well tailored. On his feat, a simple pair of black sneakers.

«OOC» Knox says, "LOG starting….."

OK can I please have a Plot Consent for this milk run?

«Plot» Knox says, “OK can I please have a Plot Consent for this milk run?"
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "I consent. Albeit hesitantly o_o"

«OOC» Knox says, "Ok Doc, give me a pose on your average day where you're walking around your preferred area of Denver"

Mordin, going these days by the alias Dr. Steel, was relaxing after eliminating the streets of any more info about his past. He still had some work to be done as much of his history was steeped in corporate paperwork. He was not too concerned, however. Shiawase had left him mostly alone in these past few years as he had no real intention of seeking any sort of revenge. He was sitting at the Tsunami Tea house sipping on his tea as he thought over the Sudoku puzzle in front of him. He had a cigarette perched on the edge of an ashtray just a few inches in front of him, and would occasionally reach for it to take a long drag. One of his many bad habits. He was in his normal attire not feeling the urge to really dress up for tea.
He stopped one of the waitresses with a polite gesture and spoke to her in a string of Japanese. To those who didn't speak the language it was all gibberish. But the woman understood perfectly and gave a polite nod before going back to the kitchen for a fresh pot of tea and a few snack cakes. Mordin finally turned and went back to his puzzle. Over all this is just an average lazy da

The Japanese server returns with snacks and tea. She looks up and out at something for a moment, a shadow passes her face….

«OOC» Knox says, "Give me a perception roll tn8 please"

Mordin looks up at the woman and gives a polite bow in thanks as she brings him his order and reaches for his tea. He stops as he sees the slight shadow and frowns inwardly. His pause is resumed as he reaches for the tea and tries to appear as if he saw nothing, though at the same time, he glances around to try and see what the source of the shadow may have been. His hand grabs the tea pot and slowly refills his glass as he glances around.

+ooc Roll me Intelligence TN 8 Please
«OOC» Knox says, "Roll me Intelligence TN 8 Please"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence vs. TN 8 for "what do I see.":
2 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
+ooc KP it?
«OOC» Knox says, "KP it?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence vs. TN 8 for "what do I see. (only kp)":
1 2 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success

The Waitress smiles tightly, something in her eyes is wary and she walks - backwards- behind the counter.

«Plot» Knox says, " You feel the hair on the back of your neck go up, but that's about it so far. Maybe you should get out."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "How many people are in the tea house with me?"
+ooc 8-10, depending on if anyone is in the bathroom, but including tea house staff.

«OOC» Knox says, "8-10, depending on if anyone is in the bathroom, but including tea house staff."

Mordin feels uneasy and looks at his watch trying to keep up the illusion of seeming unaware. He also picks up his glass, casually tipping his finger into the cup as he moves it to try and test for any poisons. As the mechanics in his arm go to work, (chem-anylizer) he stands and starts to head to the bathroom while his eyes constantly survey around him to search for trouble.
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Also, reflex trigger armed"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Is there a roll to check if the drink was poisoned?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Just a precaution"
+ooc sorry, do you have chem. analyzers?
«OOC» Knox says, "Sorry, do you have chem. analyzers?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Yes"
+ooc Give me a perception check tn3
«OOC» Knox says, "Give me a perception check tn3"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence vs. TN 3 for "is the latest tea poisoned?":
1 2 2 3 5 8 9 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Knox says, “Your sensors confirm there's trace amounts of Narcoject and Bliss, the street drug, in the tea. As you head to the bathroom, the waitress who served you starts shaking."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Would I know the side effects showed by taking bliss? Or would it just be over all wobbliness?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Checking my biomoniter, have I already been poisoned?"

«Plot» Knox says, "Over all sleepiness, like extreme pot"
«Plot» Knox says, " Negative, strictly touching analyzer you did not ingest it"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Gotcha"

Modin makes his way over to the bathroom after checking over the details as inconspicuously as possible. Someone was trying to get him that was for sure…but he didn't know who. Based on the info of his analyzer, they wanted him alive. So he figured the best way to find me…was to let them find him. He stumbled a little bit bumping into one of the patron’s tables and eliciting sour looks from them. "Gomenasi" he apologized with a slight slur before hobbling off towards the bathroom. He yawned as he approached the door and entered letting it close behind him. once the door was closed he quickly moved to each stall and checked them for anyone inside, drawing a blade from his hand just in case, though keeping it out of sight so as not to scare an unaware patron (results of this will determine my next move)

«Plot» Knox says, "Are you in the bathroom in the open, or in a stall?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "In the open at first but still wobbling around with a blade in hand at the ready. I am looking around for anyone that would seem suspicious as well."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "If I don't find any one then that will determine what I do next"

Ten minutes pass before anyone else enters the bathroom. You hear sullen, heavy footsteps and the door slowly, very slowly starts opening….
Mordin moves into the large handicap sized stall and slumps on the seat as he waits for whoever is coming, He carefully uses one of his blades to try and get a look at who is coming in before they get too close. If they looked out of place, it would be time to put his acting to the test to see if he could get the drop on whoever was after him. He makes sure his cyber dart gun is prepped in case of emergency, and other wise just sits in wait.

A Japanese man in his late 50's wearing Tami slippers and a paper sarariman suit enters. He hacks and coughs something into the sink.
+roll 5/6~GM Secrets!
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 5 vs. TN 6 for "GM Secrets!":
3 4 10 10 10 = 3 Successes

The old man turns slowly and looks directly into the stall Doc Steel sits in. "Hello?", he asks in Japanese.

Mordin flushes the toilet and stands. He opens the door slowly at first, but then it pushes open as he stumbled against it and he leaned on the frame. He looked at the man and did his best to appear as out of it as he could. He spoke back to the man in the same language "s…sorry sir. I am not feeling so great. I am not sure what has come over me. I think it is time that I went home" he mumbled
At the same time, Mordin had his blade ready in the hand still hidden in the stall just in case

Old Man bows slightly, nodding his head sprightly, "Oh. Hai, Hai, of course." He moves out of his bow and turns back to wash his hands before leaving.

«OOC» Knox says, "Roll me intelligence TN4 please after your pose"

Mordin watches the man as he leaves before standing a bit straighter. he couldn't afford to give up the act just yet till he knew he was safe so he stumbled out of the stall and leaned against the wall looking as if he was about to fall over. He kept his center of balance low however so he was ready to move quickly if the need called for it. His blade was still in hand, but hid up against his wrist to try and keep it from being seen if at all possible.
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "what's next?":
2 3 4 5 5 5 5 11 = 6 Successes

«Plot» Knox says, "Old Man is definitely carrying a Taser as well as some kind of pistol."

The door swings shut. It's very, very quiet no background noise coming from the main portion of the restaurant.

Mordin straitens up and prepares himself. the place is obviously a set up. He guesses someone was paid off that this place now has at least 1 or more people ready for him when he exits. The time for theatrics was definitely over. He readies a second knife and quickly ribbles a small amount from a vial he gets from one of his pockets onto the blades. He makes sure the coating is even before resheathing them and repeating the process with 3 more of his throwing knives as well as his cougar long blade. He does this quickly as he presses himself against the wall nearest the door and listens intently for anyone who may get close. (Poisoned the blades with Narcoject 6 throwing knives total and the long blade. all of the blades are sheathed except one throwing knife which is ready in his hand. wired reflexes engaged, and cyber dart gun loaded and prepped with Narcoject darts.)
+ooc one moment

«Plot» Knox says, " Roll me perceptions please, no TN"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence for "lets do this! XD":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 9

Two distinct voices can be heard in hush tones, one them is definitely "Old Man"

It seemed it was now or never, he just hoped he was quick enough…as well as lucky. he pushed the door open and looked out as if he was just stumbling along as normal and looked about trying to see where the men where. He was ready for them to come at him since he heard they were there, but he didn't know if they were opt to use deadly force, or try and drug him. All he could do was hope for the best as he looked around trying to spot the two targets, his throwing knife at the ready behind the wall in case they were trying to approach him without outright firing at him. He needed to know the situation first.

Several tables are turned over, the room is steamy from multiple teapots being left unattended, sappy Nippon Muzak plays in the background and it looks like everyone left in a hurry. Suddenly two shapes, one of them Old Man and the other a muscular white norm male, pop up from behind tables "Don't Move! Don't Move!"

«Plot» Knox says, "Roll reaction only, TN4"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "as if!":
1 2 2 3 4 5 9 11 17 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Old Man":
1 2 3 3 5 7 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 9 vs TN 4 for "Thug":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 7 = 4 Successes

«Plot» Knox says, " You win net successes, what are you going to do action wise?"
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "Free action to observe in detail what these guys are all about. are they armed, are said weapons pointed at me, what kind of weapons are they, what kind of visible protection do they have, and finally, what, if any can be used as immediate cover even if only partially. I assume I am in at least partial cover now, but if I need to leave here, I would need something."

«Plot» Knox says, " Easy: Old Man has a Taser, safe to assume he's got armor clothing or form fitting. Thug has a heavy pistol of some type and is wearing a leather armor jacket. There are several overturned tables and chairs, yes partial cover, and they are standing between you and the front entrance. The kitchen and back door to an alleyway are behind you."

«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "Called shot to an exposed area of the throat on the thug.”

«Plot» Knox says, " Sure thing, what’s the damage code after poison coating on your throwing knife?"

«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "(STR)L so (5)L. I have a sure shot package (smart link 2 for throwing things)"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "And a called shot on poison delivery bypasses armor"

«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "So the thug only rolls body."

«OOC» Knox says, "So what’s the damage code for the poison though?"
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "The poison is Narcoject."
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, " damage code for the blade is actually 5M not 5L. Dikoteing increases the power"
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "6D for Narcoject"

«Plot» Knox says, "Roll tn/4 for throwing the blade then please"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Throwing Weapons (Throwing Knives) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "called shot to the thug to bypass armor on a poisoned throwing knife":
1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes

+roll 5/6~Resisting unarmored throat vs 6M Blade
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Resisting unarmored throat vs 6M Blade":
1 2 3 4 11 = 1 Success

«Plot» Knox says, " Pose your first throw successfully killing/knocking the guy out (blade was modded up to D after net successes)."

Mordin stumbles out of the room still playing the part for a moment before his arm flies out suddenly with a clash of silver sending the blade he had hidden through the air towards the tug with the gun. He seemed to be the biggest threat, so he was the first to go. His blade flew strait and true as it sliced the man's jugular sending a spray of blood out of his neck. The drug kicked in immediately as he slumped to the ground, but the damage from the blade, would assure he would not soon wake up unless treated immediately. Mordin winced not intending to actually kill the man, but he had no time to feel pity. He immediately took partial cover behind one of the counters and readied another knife before calling out. To the old man still standing. "Your friend seems to have taken ill. Perhaps it is time he went home as well? He will not live unless treated immediately. Can you save him?" he asked as a sort of jab at the man. Perhaps he could avoid further conflict if the old man wanted to save his partner.

«Plot» Knox says, " Old Man's turn"
+roll 5/8~Taser Shot
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "Taser Shot":
2 2 3 3 3 = 0 Successes
+roll 5/8~Taser Shot 2, Second Action
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 5 vs TN 8 for "Taser Shot 2, Second Action":
2 2 4 4 9 = 1 Success

Mordin is a 1.8 meter tall man with pretty decent posture. He keeps his back strait and his shoulders back. His face is mostly hidden by a hood that he keeps pulled up over his head. What can bee seen in his face, is a rather nasty looking burn on the right side of his face and a lack of any hair on his head. His brow is creased in thought as a gloved hand idly strokes at the goatee on his chin. He caries himself with confidence, and seems to walk with purpose. His eyes seemed fierce and calculating, though on closer inspection, one may notice the ever so slight hint that they were artificial. All in all, he looked like nothing more then your average guy, if a bit unlucky.

Mordin is wearing a long black secure long coat with a hood attached to the neck. The hood is pulled up to help and obscure his face from casual onlookers. The Coat seems to have several pockets all over it, their contents a mystery to all but the wearer. The straps of a harness of some kind can barely be seen beneath the coat. Nothing really stood out about his clothing aside from the slight bulge on both of his forearms. He wears a Plain black three button Polo shirt beneath the coat, the buttons undone for comfort. His pants are nothing special, just a pair of fitted Khaki slacks that look well tailored. On his feat, a simple pair of black sneakers.

«Plot» Knox says, " What armor are you wearing?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) takes off his "Form-Fitting Armor Full Suit"<=armor (#8424, Item 1).
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) takes off his "Secure Long Coat"<=armor (#8424, Item 2).
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) takes off his "Forearm Guards"<=armor (#8424, Item 3).
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) takes off his "Armor Vest w/ Plates"<=armor (#8424, Item 5).
Dr. Thane dropped armor.
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "my armor vest has 4 points in nonconductive"
«Plot» Knox says, " Roll body vs TN 4 (10-4=6-2impact=4)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Body vs TN 4 for "Resisting damage from Taser": 3 4 4 7 9 = 4 Successes
Old Man pops up from behind his table, "KAAAAIII!!!!" and pops a round out of the box Taser. It shoots wide and electrifies a vase of fake flowers, the electrical currents sets the flowers and table cloth aflame in an acrid smoke.
His eyes widen and pull the second trigger, this time the barbed wire hits its mark, weakened from the good Doctors armor. "Don't Move!" He screams making while hopping over the table.

«Plot» Knox says, " Pose taking a medium wound stun wound, +2 modifiers"

Mordin yells out in pain and slumps over on the ground trying to appear more injured then he really was. He was in fact hurt as the Taser had rendered his arm a bit numb. He raised his hand weekly waiting until the man had got a bit closer. He papered to be surrendering. However, he was calculating, trying to stay calm. He had prepped his cyber dart gun earlier and was prepared to take the shot. However, injured as he was, he needed to wait for the right moment. (Holding an action to call a shot for an exposed section on the man. the cyber dart gun is fitted with a smart link 2 system as well.

Old Man grumbles to himself as he nears in a thick Southern Drawl, his "kind old Japanese' act dropped "Guess I'm getting' Jimbo's share." He nears Mordin, "Hey, don't move." and keys something in his ear while keeping the gun trained on Mordin. "It's me. I've got the package, bring the van around and let Tomasai know we're bringing him in." He gives Thane a hard kick, very hard.
=Roll Body vs TN7M-Impact Armor
«Plot» Knox says, "Roll Body vs TN7M-Impact Armor"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "so…TN 2?"

«OOC» Knox says, "Yep, for flavor"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Body vs TN 2 for "ooo I am so scared.":
3 4 4 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Knox says, " The kick is hard enough to piss you off"
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "And gives me the signal to shoot."

«Plot» Knox says, " Free pose for now"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "I think he is close enough now…and unguarded enough"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "He thinks he won. Let’s just see about that."

«Plot» Knox says, " Base tn4, roll away my friend"

«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Do I have time for an aim action or two while he was calling in his "victory?""
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Trying to compensate for the stun damage"

«Plot» Knox says, " I wouldn't if I were you if you're trying to get out. If you want to take on "back up" though feel free to aim"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Aiming should take all of like 2 seconds…so one aim action to drop the TN by one"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "If he is that close it shouldn't be hard."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "More of just making sure it is lined up for the called shot."
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Pistols (Dart Pistols) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "called shot to avoid armor, one aim action to lower TN by one. Narcoject":
2 2 2 3 5 5 7 8 10 = 6 Successes
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Um….only 5 successes. Forgot to add 2 to TN"

«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Old Man resisting dart - 2 for armor clothing":
1 2 5 8 = 2 Successes

«Plot» Knox says, "Please pose firing and knocking out Old Man cold with the cyber dart gun"

Mordin waits for the man to get near and simply looks up at him for a moment. He winces when he is kicked but looks up and simply grins. "Good night" He replies in Japanese before a small hole in his arm opens and fires a single dart at the man's neck. The dart finds his mark and the Narcoject takes hold immediately. As the man falls Mordin is quick on his feet and starts looking over the man.

«OOC» Knox says, "Is that what you're trying to do?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "If I can yes."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Then I can search him at will…and interrogate him"
+roll intelligence
«Plot» Knox says, "Roll intelligence please"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 3 3 3 4 5 8

Old Man is just barely breathing, he's out but the narco toxin has him in a deep deep slumber. The man's ear unit comm. is out of his ear and on the floor: Hideo. Hideo Come in over. Hideo what's your twenty? //Hideo? Frag I'm coming in."
Somewhere outside the familiar sound of a vans door slides open and shut rapidly. You roll him over, he seems fairly heavy as his arms fall with a discernable *Clunk. Following a rapid search of the mans pockets you find a light pistol loaded with gel rounds in a shoulder holster, a business card, and a credstick.
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, " I wanna find a spot near the door and lay low. I wanna try to ambush this guy. But first. His headset is now mine if it is detachable."

«OOC» Knox says, "Are you carrying him or finding a spot, you can do either but let me know. Also, I threw the search in because I’m trying to move things along, I figure if you're going to see if you can carry him anything obvious will pop out. And sure take his headcomm unit, it's a cheapie you can get a radio shack. These aren't total pros, but they've got back up. Also just to give you a heads up, you're in a business district, approx 30 seconds to 40 seconds have passed since patrons have left it's safe to assume cops are on their way in some form."

«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "I am leaving him then. But I am getting into ambush position."

«OOC» Knox says, "Are you taking anything else?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "My vehicle is outside any way. And yeah business card, and credstick,"
«OOC» Knox says, "Are you parked in front or in back of the tea house?"

Mordin grabs the headset and puts it on so he can listen in on the convoy as well as the business card and the credstick from the man. After that he quickly moves over to the other man and retrieves his thrown blade. He reheats it and draws a fresh thawing knife from his harness before taking up position near the door. He would only have one shot at this and his arm was still relatively numb, however he needed someone alive to interrogate. If the comm. was any indication, there was still one man at least between him and his own van. He needed to hurry. He took aim for the door way and waited for whoever was coming to get within sight.

«OOC» Knox says, "But don't forget there's an alleyway / back door to the Tea House."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Ah…still I need someone to interrogate….plus I am not leaving my van."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "I always wanted to do an interrogation/torture scene X3"

«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "besides, the "backup" seems to know more then the thugs any way. ;)"

Glass crunches, several footsteps. "Fuck they got Jimbo" states a woman in jeans and a leather jacket. She raises her hand and an ethereal glow illuminates the room. Behind her is a dwarf in a combat vest toting a larger bore shotgun, "We better make this quick Tamasai thinks we're already headed back and Circuit just said on the scanner police are getting' close."
The woman, lets call her Bolt, smiles. "He wants the guy alive. But he fucking killed Jimbo."

KABLAM!

A shotgun fires into the roof debris falls, "Heeeeerrrreeeee piggy piggy." says the dwarf and he starts walking towards the back.
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "I….hate….mages…."
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "they are in sight and don't see me right?"
+ooc Correctomundo
«OOC» Knox says, "Correctomundo"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "I want to toss the knife at the mage while keeping cover and then change target to throw one at the dwarf as well. Called shot on both to bypass armor."
«OOC» Knox says, "So you're ambushing right?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "It is a bit more of a TN, but I should be able to pull it off….and yeah ambush. So the first one should be a total surprise. Might even be able to get away with a smaller TN on the second if he takes a moment to realize what is going on."

Please roll reaction tn6 please

«Plot» Knox says, " Please roll reaction tn6 please"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Reaction vs TN 6:
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Wow…seriously?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Bolt":
5 5 7 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Shotgun Joe":
2 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

«OOC» Knox says, "Tell you what, lets have you take the mage, called shot, by total surprise but we're going to stick with the dwarf, getting the cue."
+ooc Cool?
«OOC» Knox says, "Cool?"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "That sounds about right. Surprise kind of wears off when your partner drops like a stone >_>;"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Throwing Weapons (Throwing Knives) + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 5 for "aim action against the mage as they walk in, called shot to avoid armor, m stun, base damage 6M with Narcoject coating.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 9 = 1 Success
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "…..wow….just wow"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "oh well…all I have to do is some damage just to get the Narcoject in her system"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "so long as it isn't a total soak it should still work"
+roll 4/4~Bolt -2 for armor clothing
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Bolt -2 for armor clothing":
2 4 4 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Narco Coating":
2 3 5 8 = 1 Success
«Plot» Knox says, " Pose successful hit and knocking her out"

Mordin pops his head out of hiding to spot the two as they enter. He frowns as he notices the mage and curses under his breath. She was the first to go. He stood, though still kept a bit in cover where he could and sent another blade towards the woman. The blade struck home and before she could even yell out in pain, the poison had taken hold of her, and she was out cold. He drew another blade to prepare for the dwarf as he started at him

«OOC» Knox says, "We can init if you want"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Initiative:
1 4
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "So 14"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "the dice just hate me today…."
+roll 2~+5 for Reaction
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 2 for "+5 for Reaction":
3 9
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "so him then me."

The dwarf sees the blade and his wired reflexes kick in by the time the mage gets hit. He fires in the general direction of both barrels of his Remington as he starts running for the door, "Frag this."
The sounds of Police Sirens get louder and several bystanders start screaming at the sound of the shotgun blasts.
+roll 4/8~first Shot
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "First Shot":
1 2 4 8 = 1 Success
+roll 4/8~Second Shot
«Auto-Judge[]» Knox (#4448) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for "Second Shot":
2 4 5 11 = 1 Success

Ok roll me body tn8(9-1 for Gel Power Solid Slugs)

«Plot» Knox says, " Ok roll me body tn8(9-1 for Gel Power Solid Slugs)"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Minus ballistic or impact?"
+ooc Ballistic :)
«OOC» Knox says, "Ballistic :)"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "That brings it to 2"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 2:
1 1 1 3 4 4 4 5 7 9 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Want to know the beauty of Mordin over all? He doesn't carry anything illegal :p"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "up till now he has been just defending himself."
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, "Damage soaked"

«OOC» Knox says, "Second shot, tn8"
«OOC» Knox says, "Staged down to 2"
«Auto-Judge[]» Dr. Thane (#8799) rolls Body + Combat Pool: 1 vs TN 2 for "second shot damage resistance":
2 2 3 4 5 11 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Dr. Thane says, " Soaked again"
«Plot» Knox says, " Your move"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "Is he running away?"
«OOC» Knox says, "Yep"
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "let him. I can't waste any more time."

Mordin lets the dwarf run as he hears the sirens as well and just resheathes his blade. He runs out of his hiding spot and retrieves his other blade from the mage. He frowns and turns from the scene before running out of the building himself, heading for his own van. as he leaves, he tries to catch the license plate of the one his attackers came in. it may be a fake, but just in case they weren’t that smart, he wanted to be sure.

He stops at the door though looking down at the body of the man he had very nearly killed. He bounces on his feet a little in indecision before he breaks and just runs to the man. He slaps a trauma patch on the man and hopes the EMT's are able to help him along. He didn't need a death to haunt him just year. He didn't even know what this was all about yet. That little good deed finished, he resumed his escape
«OOC» Dr. Thane says, "a death means they will start looking harder for the one responsible >_>;"

Shining Mountain Security Forces, located nearby, handle the call it's "their people" and in Doc Steels rearview mirror the security first responders pop out of two patrol cars. They Taser a nearby witness by accident. Looking down you see the business card belongs to a one,

"Roland Tomasai: Project Manager, Shiawase, Denver Office and an LTG Number.

The credstick contains the same information, an email data drop, and 10,000 in NuYen.
Sometimes in the shadows, someone just wants to Frag you over. But now it's time to find out why.

BE SURE TO PARENT THIS PAGE TO INDEX:LOGS

LOGS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License